6.9

Fargo
3000 32nd Ave. S
Fargo, ND 58103

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Salem] was thorough with explaining what the plan was and why he was choosing that corse of action...I could bring up studies I read about regarding fertility and he took the time to discuss what his thoughts were and explain why it was a good or bad idea for my particular treatment...Dr. Salem only does eSet...I never felt uncomfortable while meeting with him and felt encouraged to ask questions
[The staff at CCRM Minneapolis] are always kind and quick to return calls...We were quoted around 29,000 for one cycle with meds and PGS testing and 42,000 for a three cycle package...you have to pay for services as soon as you get them if you do not have IVF insurance coverage or are out of network. Every time you meet with the doctor it costs around $200.00
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
He was thorough with explaining what the plan was and why he was choosing that corse of action. I felt that I could bring up studies I read about regarding fertility and he took the time to discuss what his thoughts were and explain why it was a good or bad idea for my particular treatment. I think Dr. Salem stays up to date on current fertility treatments and studies.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
If you are unsure about something don’t hesitate to ask questions. He will gladly answerer or explain anything you don’t understand.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
I felt that he was actively listening to me and answered all of my questions. If I did not understand information or the timeline, he easily broke it down so I could understand. I never felt uncomfortable while meeting with him and felt encouraged to ask questions.
Describe the protocols Wael Salem used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
I am starting my first IVF cycle next month. We have one more regroup before we start since we just redid my labs. We were set to take Lupron, Cetrotide, Gonal F, HCG, and some other medications that I can not recall. We are doing ICSI due to my husband having low mobility and 22% DNA fragmentation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
They are always kind and quick to return calls. I’ve been dragging my feet to start the IVF process due to financial issues and they have been nothing but supportive and understanding.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Everything I’ve read about the clinic online shows that they are the best in the Twin Cites area. They are expensive and you have to pay for services as soon as you get them if you do not have IVF insurance coverage or are out of network. Every time you meet with the doctor it costs around $200.00.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis.
Describe Wael Salem's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
Dr. Salem only does eSet.
Edina

The nurses [at CCRM] are really kind. I just get the sense that they might be overwhelmed. Just know that you might be the one who needs to reach out, ask questions, pay attention to dates and details on your IVF calendar, etc....They also have an amazing discount program (20% off all the services they provide/bill for!) if you or your spouse are active military, which was a big draw for us.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Salem has a breadth of knowledge about all things fertility and assisted reproductive technology, from more traditional approaches and opinions, to new research that's coming out. CCRM has a list of vitamins they recommend for female patients, and after giving that to me, Dr. Salem told me about a study that's being conducted at CCRM in Colorado where they've found improved success rates in IVF cycles for patients who took acai berry. He said their proprietary blend wasn't for sale, but that if I could get my hands on some acai berry to give it a try. I really appreciated the personalized recommendation. Dr. Salem has also customized our IVF protocol based on my issues (low AMH) and he's been good about explaining why he recommends this or that. With my former RE, I was always second-guessing things and feeling like I needed to do my own research. With Dr. Salem, it feels so good knowing we can trust him and that we are in good hands.
Ask all the questions! He's so good giving his opinion and backing it up with scientific evidence, but he will explain everything in a way you can understand. I honestly would recommend Dr. Salem to anyone, 10/10.
Right at the start of our consultation, it was clear the Dr. Salem had reviewed all of our history/paperwork. He was so thorough in explaining his opinion on why we're struggling to conceive. I went into the meeting with lots of questions, and he answered each one with patience, honesty, and scientific evidence. We've since had additional meetings with Dr. Salem in preparation for IVF, and his bedside manner has remained the same. Never once have we felt rushed or like we were just a number. Moreover, he's recommended certain supplements and tweaks to our IVF protocol specifically for me. Dr. Salem is compassionate, and we feel we can trust him to do what's in our best interest.
Because I have low AMH, we are doing estrogen priming instead of birth control. I am taking 2mg of Estrace (oral), twice a day for about 2 weeks. With my next cycle day 3, we will do baseline ultrasound and blood work, and everything looks good we will start stims. I will be doing 2 vials of Menopur (injection) in the morning, and at night I will do 300 units of Follistim (injection), plus 100 mg of Clomid (oral), and Dexamethasone (oral). Again, since I don't have a lot of eggs, we are pretty much doing max stims to try to recruit as many as possible. At some point I will start Cetrocide/Ganirelix (injection) - not sure what dose, I think this is to prevent me from ovulating before the retrieval. Because we hope to have 2-3 children, we are doing CCRM's family building program, which was recommended to us by Dr. Salem. This means we will do 3 freeze-all retrievals and after the last retrieval all of the embryos will get genetic testing (this saves $ because you're only paying for genetic testing once rather than 3 times). Then we will do a single FET, and any remaining healthy embies will stay on ice for future use.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Taylor)
The nurses are really kind. I just get the sense that they might be overwhelmed. Just know that you might be the one who needs to reach out, ask questions, pay attention to dates and details on your IVF calendar, etc. We do have a primary nurse, but it seems like whoever is available is who helps us, which is fine. I wish they would automatically upload test results into your portal, but so far I have had to ask for my results every time.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
CCRM is a well known, reputable clinic not only in Minneapolis, but also around the nation and maybe the world. They also have an amazing discount program (20% off all the services they provide/bill for!) if you or your spouse are active military, which was a big draw for us. We also really appreciate the opportunity to do the family building program, where we will do 3 retrievals at a discounted price in an effort to bank embryos. Not all clinics have this! One thing that is not ideal is that CCRM is often very busy, probably because they're so popular! But the waiting room is often full (which can be kind of awkward) and appointments tend to book out, especially the appointments you have early on. They do have cancellation lists though so don't be shy to ask!
Costs are comparable with our former clinic. Because we are doing the family building program which is discounted, plus we get a military discount, the cost of 3 retrievals and 1 FET will be about $40k I think.
Dr. Salem definitely seems to lean towards eSET, at least in our case. He said he would only recommend transferring 2 embryos if I had two miscarriages with a singleton (though I think he probablyyyy would be open to transferring 2 after only one miscarriage).
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
It wasn't a big deal, but the clinic did lose some test results I sent in when we first started going there.
Edina

Dr. Batcheller took the time to review my history and my failed transfers from my previous clinic before meeting with us. She also prepared her opinion of our case and give us options to what she believes will help us to be successful with the up coming IVF cycle. She listen for our opinion and very open....Dr. Batcheller also very details in her explanations. Love her energetic approach and how knowledgeable she is.
Can not describe the clinic strength as I just started with them [CCRM Minneapolis]. The clinic weakness is that they don't really get new patients in as fast as possible. For example, I had my consultation and was supposed to schedule a hysteroscopy within 3-12 days in my cycle. They say no opening and will call me. Call me the very last minute and it's already past 12 days cycle, so now I have to wait for a new cycle to get the test done. The clinic need to regulate timing of the patient carefully and schedule them properly.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
As a patient I feel like Dr. Batcheller did really took the time and effort to review my history and go over our treatment plan. Dr. Batcheller also very details in her explanations. Love her energetic approach and how knowledgeable she is.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't loose HOPE until you see Dr. Batcheller.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Describe the protocols April Batcheller used in your cycles at CCRM Minneapolis and their degree of success.
Too early. We just finished our consultation, done labs and ultrasound. Still need a hysteroscopy and regroup before we can start IVF treatments
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
Haven't start my cycle so can't really say much about the nurses there which I haven't really met them beside the ultrasound technician and the lab lady. They both seem very nice.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Can not describe the clinic strength as I just started with them. The clinic weakness is that they don't really get new patients in as fast as possible. For example, I had my consultation and was supposed to schedule a hysteroscopy within 3-12 days in my cycle. They say no opening and will call me. Call me the very last minute and it's already past 12 days cycle, so now I have to wait for a new cycle to get the test done. The clinic need to regulate timing of the patient carefully and schedule them properly. New patient would need to know every visit, you must prepaid before you can be seen or do treatment if you're out of pocket. This make my feel awkward and dislike clinic for this reason.
Describe the costs associated with your care under April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis.
Consultation $205 Labs $1083 Ultrasound $397 Hysteroscopy $970 Regroup $224 IVF Pack $15104 Anesthesia $475 Annual Storage $408 PICSI $408 FET package $4208
Describe April Batcheller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CCRM Minneapolis.
No comments. Didn't get that far yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
Nothing really wrong, I just feel like they need to change their billing approach for service to be billed after service and not the same day or before before treatments. Beside that, the nurse need to be scheduled us in appropriately in timely manner with our cycle test since these tests are time sensitive. Don't want to keep on delaying for just doing tests.
Edina

The first time I met Dr. Salem, he provided us with clear timelines and what things would look like. He was very thorough and has a personality that helps to make people feel comfortable. I have twins that were done previously through IVF at a clinic that is no longer open and he was diligent in getting all of that information to help inform him on my care... He is very open and honest about what to expect and outcomes...he prescribed me with thyroid medication to be sure that I had optimal levels. Then I went on birth control for 3 weeks before beginning my stimulation meds. I am on the last day of my stimulation meds now. I take 2 vials of menopur in the morning with my thyroid medication. At night I take Follistim and Dex. On day 5 I also began taking Gonirelix in the morning with the Menopur. I have had daily ultra sounds and blood work for the last 5 days. I will likely trigger tonight.
Cost of medication was about $7,000 [at CCRM Minneapolis] Cost of everything else was about $20,000 We did IVF with CCS testing. They also had sperm thaw...Strengths: The clinic is clean and easy to get to Staff is friendly and knowledgeable Was able to get financing with help of the clinic Came in on Easter Sunday and the nurses were still in good spirits Weakness: I haven't found one yet. (maybe cost, but that is not necessarily something unique to this clinic)
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is very open and honest about what to expect and outcomes.
Dr. Salem was amazing at telling you the truth, but using language that I could understand. He was pleasant and had a positive outlook without promising success.
The first thing that I did at CCRM was to get a full workup. They took blood and did ultrasounds to be sure that I was in good health. It was at this time that he prescribed me with thyroid medication to be sure that I had optimal levels. Then I went on birth control for 3 weeks before beginning my stimulation meds. I am on the last day of my stimulation meds now. I take 2 vials of menopur in the morning with my thyroid medication. At night I take Follistim and Dex. On day 5 I also began taking Gonirelix in the morning with the Menopur. I have had daily ultra sounds and blood work for the last 5 days. I will likely trigger tonight.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Angie)
The nursing staff at CCRM is outstanding. They are empathetic and understand that your time is valuable. I am a teacher, so leaving during the morning to go to appointments is difficult. They made every effort to make the appointments quick, without feeling like I was being pushed out. I had to call one time after hours to ask a question about my medication. The nurse responded to my message within 5 minutes and was so kind in her response.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Cost of medication was about $7,000 Cost of everything else was about $20,000 We did IVF with CCS testing. They also had sperm thaw.
Dr. Salem prefers single embryo transfer as he believes that with added testing the results are likely going to be positive.
Edina

I have PCOS and my husband has a normal sperm count/motility so we are good candidates for IUI. With the success rate of IUI (about 20%) the plan [with Dr. Wael Salem] is to do 3 rounds of IUI and if not successful moving on to IVF...takes the time to be prepared for our appointments and spent time to understand our goals before we developed a treatment plan. While we have not had a complete cycle due to setbacks, he has adjusted our plan to ensure that we are setting ourselves up for the best results.
Ensure that you are very clear on the type of appointment that you are trying to make [with CCRM Minneapolis]. Some appointments have to be scheduled before certain times, Sperm Preservation for example, this will help avoid confusion and get you the appointment that you need...They [staff] respond with thoughtful responses to questions and concerns. Additionally when we have had setbacks they have explained the reasoning and our next steps clearly and with compassion.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Salem takes the time to be prepared for our appointments and spent time to understand our goals before we developed a treatment plan. While we have not had a complete cycle due to setbacks, he has adjusted our plan to ensure that we are setting ourselves up for the best results.
Bring all of the questions that you can to understand the process, He was able to break down our plan using our results. It was helpful for me to have my questions written down so that I was sure I got all of the answers that I needed to feel good moving forward with our plan.
Dr. Salem and our Nurse are awesome. They respond with thoughtful responses to questions and concerns. Additionally when we have had setbacks they have explained the reasoning and our next steps clearly and with compassion.
I have PCOS and my husband has a normal sperm count/motility so we are good candidates for IUI. With the success rate of IUI (about 20%) the plan is to do 3 rounds of IUI and if not successful moving on to IVF. We were ready to start an IUI procedure using letrozole to trigger ovulation, sadly the lab found that one of my ovaries had an active cyst which would interfere with the treatment plan. So we did a 3 week cycle of birth control pills to quiet it down. We are currently waiting to see if that did the trick to move to doing a full cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret)
Our nurse is awesome! She takes the time to make sure we understand the whole plan and answers any questions that we have.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Ensure that you are very clear on the type of appointment that you are trying to make. Some appointments have to be scheduled before certain times, Sperm Preservation for example, this will help avoid confusion and get you the appointment that you need.
$383 was the cost for a sperm analysis and cryopreservation $253 is about what a monitoring appointment costs (day 2/3 appointment)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
We had once instance where the lab didn't draw enough blood for all of the needed tests. They called us later in the day and we were able to get back in to get the needed tests done. It is also very helpful to ask a few follow-up questions to ensure you are getting the correct appointment. To have some sperm on hand (just in case) we wanted to do a sperm banking appointment and originally were able to make an appointment late in the day, only to learn, through follow up questioning, that those appointments have to happen before 1:30pm (which was earlier than our appointment).
Edina

She [Dr. Batcheller] explained step by step what was going to happen when she was doing procedures or if we needed to change treatment course (which happened multiple times). I do wish I would have had more face time with her vs. the nurses but if I ever needed to get a hold of her for questions - she was available...We attempted 3 times for a transfer but due to having a thin lining we had to cancel 2 times (was successful on the 3rd). After the first transfer attempted was cancelled, I was worried and unsure about the future and if we would be able to transfer. She calmed my worries and looked at my medicine and changed course accordingly, always trying to find the right mix of medication.
Everyone who works here [CCRM Minneapolis] are experts and you can tell by the care you received. The Nurses at this location really made my experience amazing and one of the huge reasons I will continue to go back to them! They were considerate, answered my questions, and when I was having a bad/good day or appointment, they were there for me to celebrate in the happiness or pick me up if needed it. I had great experience with communication (via the portal and phone call).
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller was always pleasant when I met with her. She explained step by step what was going to happen when she was doing procedures or if we needed to change treatment course (which happened multiple times). I do wish I would have had more face time with her vs. the nurses but if I ever needed to get a hold of her for questions - she was available. I loved her and will continue to go back to her for all my fertility treatments!
Ask lots of questions and tell her how you would like to communicate. I preferred a more direct approach and she respected that.
Dr. Batcheller and her team were always willing to answer questions or sit with me longer to answer questions or concerns I had. They knew my name when I would come into the clinic - which made me feel like they were invested in me and I wasn't just another "patient"
Egg Retrieval: Normal protocol using Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotride. We STIM'd for 10 days and retrieved 24 eggs on the 11th day. Embryo Transfer: We attempted 3 times for a transfer but due to having a thin lining we had to cancel 2 times (was successful on the 3rd). After the first transfer attempted was cancelled, I was worried and unsure about the future and if we would be able to transfer. She calmed my worries and looked at my medicine and changed course accordingly, always trying to find the right mix of medication. I was so discouraged when we cancelled but she was always positive and assured me that sometimes when bodies have a hard time getting a thicker lining they just have to change the medicine protocol. I have been on Estrogren (oral and patches), Vaginal Viagra, Progesterone, Baby Aspirin, Endometrin, etc.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
I LOVED the nurses at CCRM-Minneapolis! They responded quickly to me, were always checking in, and happy to see me even! They made the experience at CCRM so enjoyable!
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The knowledge and lab facilities are amazing! Everyone who works here are experts and you can tell by the care you received. The Nurses at this location really made my experience amazing and one of the huge reasons I will continue to go back to them! They were considerate, answered my questions, and when I was having a bad/good day or appointment, they were there for me to celebrate in the happiness or pick me up if needed it. I had great experience with communication (via the portal and phone call).
Medicine (Egg Retrieval + 3 Transfers attempts + 1 successful Transfer) = $15,000+ Care: Unsure - at least $7,500. My insurance coveres a specific amount (which has now been used up). Our costs will be different when we do this another time.
I trusted Dr. Batcheller's approach to transferring just the 1 embryo.We only had 2 good embryo's and we did discuss transferring both but she wanted to make sure that we had the best chances for success - which meant transferring only the 1, which was successful.
Edina

Dr. Salem has been very compassionate and great at communicating. He is the only doctor on staff right now while the other is out on maternity leave but he still took the time to call with updates and give us next steps. Everyone at the clinic has been wonderful and caring and patient with all the questions we’ve had throughout the process...really makes you feel like he wants to help, you’re not just a number...Due to my husbands abnormal sperm sample and the fact that we had tried other approaches prior to going to CCRM, Dr. Salem thought our most efficient and best option would be IVF since my tests showed normal results. We are currently in the transfer prepping phase of the cycle.
Due to my husbands abnormal sperm sample and the fact that we had tried other approaches prior to going to CCRM, Dr. Salem thought our most efficient and best option would be IVF since my tests showed normal results...The clinic and staff are always great. The appointment times are accurate, you’re never left waiting for too long, unlike a lot of doctor’s offices. Everyone there is always willing to answer questions to find the answers for you quickly. They never make you feel like an inconvenience. The only weakness I would say is Dr. Salem is flying solo right now which makes the schedule fill up very fast. I’m sure that will change when the other doctor returns.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Ask as many questions as you want. He’s extreme patient and kind and really makes you feel like he wants to help, you’re not just a number.
He has been absolutely wonderful. He gives us the facts but in a way that is caring and assured that we’re going to get through it in a positive way. He’s very optimistic and we trust him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Angie )
Every nurse I have worked with at the clinic has been nothing short of awesome. Any questions that have come up have been answered quickly and thoroughly. Everyone is extremely patient and caring. Even though going through this type of treatment is something no one wants, they have made it so much less painful to have to go into the doctor so many times for checks.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
So far the costs have been surprisingly minimal through our insurance. I do wish we could have gotten a better estimate up front on what the cost of the entire cycle was going to be including medications.
My doctor does the single embryo approach. When I asked about doing multiples to possibly have a better shot, he explained the benefits for the mother and child if only one is transferred and that made me feel better about the approach and care for myself after getting pregnant.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Batcheller, when I saw her which was not often, was kind and patient. She fully explained the procedure and risks and answered all of my questions. My interactions with her have always been pleasant...I was not able to talk to Dr. Batcheller directly at all over the phone and when I asked for an email address to send her an email, I was given a non-functioning email address. When I tried, via the portal, to obtain a working email, I received no response.
$3500 for transfer [at CCRM Minneapolis] plus the cost of medications...This clinic is NOT RESPONSIVE. As someone who is dealing with a highly sensitive and highly precise science, this is a terrible characteristic for the clinic. I was unable to talk to my doctor (Dr. Batcheller). I had no email, no phone number or any other way to communicate with her. I found the clinic to be incompetent and unprofessional... I am not being provided with information or responses to questions. There is no clarity on the process. The medications were not sent to the pharmacy and it generally feels like they are overworked, understaffed, or simply do not care about providing me with adequate service. Doctor Nps
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
More time with each patient and more availability for patients. I was not able to talk to Dr. Batcheller directly at all over the phone and when I asked for an email address to send her an email, I was given a non-functioning email address. When I tried, via the portal, to obtain a working email, I received no response.
My most recent experience with Dr. Batcheller is concerning. I am not being provided with information or responses to questions. There is no clarity on the process. The medications were not sent to the pharmacy and it generally feels like they are overworked, understaffed, or simply do not care about providing me with adequate service.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nurses were unresponsive, uninformed and did not assist in ordering my medications for transfer. Quite frankly, I am not sure what the nursing staff does but every time I tried to talk to them or to reach Dr. Batcheller I was met with resistance. In fact, they gave me a general email address to email Dr. Batcheller with my concerns and the email link was bad. When I requested a new email link, they ignored me.
$3500 for transfer plus the cost of medications
Dr. Batcheller prefers a single embryo transfer for good candidates due to the likelihood of twins.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic did not order my medications. When I called to inquire as to the status of medications, they assured me that they would obtain quotes from two pharmacies and that the pharmacies would call me to provide me with the quote and so that I could order the medications. That did not happen. When I followed up with the clinic, they only contacted one pharmacy and that I would need to contact any additional pharmacies with my medication inventory list (which I did not have and was not provided to me) to obtain any quotes. When I contacted the one pharmacy that they did call, that pharmacy did not have any of my contact information and would not have been able to follow-up with me to actually order the medication. None of this communication was provided by CCRM - I was the one calling on a daily (and sometimes more frequent) basis to understand what was going on. This was about a week before I was supposed to start my medications for transfer.
Edina

Dr. Batcheller always made us feel like we were making progress, even when things didn’t go our way. ... Dr. Batcheller provided customized treatment plans and was never afraid to try something new. ... She was always up on the latest research and was very forthcoming with us when things she recommended were experimental vs. proven. She is compassionate, yet still candid, which I appreciate.
As mentioned above, there were quite a few admin errors during my cycles. More recently, we have been trying to move our embryos to a new clinic and due to multiple delays from CCRM, we are JUST about to finish the process, nine weeks later. The lack of urgency on their end has caused my latest transfer to be pushed back an entire month, which is a big deal due to insurance timing.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller always made us feel like we were making progress, even when things didn’t go our way. She was always up on the latest research and was very forthcoming with us when things she recommended were experimental vs. proven. She is compassionate, yet still candid, which I appreciate.
Be your own advocate and ask for tests you want right away vs. waiting until you have a failed transfer.
Dr. Batchelor always made us feel very human. The process outside of our conversations with her made us feel very much like one of the many.
I don’t have the details.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
I’m not sure if I ever even met my nurse in person. She was assigned to me after my previous nurse left the clinic. She was very nice and answered all of my questions in a timely manner but there were multiple occasions during which I had to remind her of my treatment plan after she incorrectly scheduled me based on standard procedure vs. the customizations that were supposed to be made for me.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths: Dr. Batcheller provided customized treatment plans and was never afraid to try something new. She was always available (with an appointment) and personally performed every one of my retrievals/transfers (until her mat leave). Weaknesses: Admin. They are extremely unorganized which is even more frustrating when you are hopped up on hormones. Also, the clinic/Dr. B never mentioned that she was pregnant until she was on bed rest, which I thought was poor form not because of the sensitive nature but more because of the impact to her patients‘ treatment plans.
$14k for Stim/Retrieval (~$10k for meds) $4k for Transfer ($5k for meds)
She had a strong recommendation for a SET given our “unexplained” diagnosis and the risks that come along with a multiple pregnancy.
Edina

He spoke to us at a human level. Answered all of my questions. Was kind and understanding. Warm. Friendly. For the first time, I felt heard and validated about my concerns. ... Dr Salem discussed the risks and options we had and let us choose which path we wanted to take. He was sympathetic and kind during this stage ... He reassured us that we can work around this risk factor but also explained the challenges.
It’s a very warm and inviting office [CCRM Minneapolis]. The reception desk recognized me after my second visit. ... I am not great with giving blood and the nurses were exceptional. They took extra care to ease my anxiety and distracted me when needed. I cannot day enough good things about them so far! ... Everyone was warm and kind. It felt like we were the most important even thought there were obviously many other patients. We never felt rushed and always received communication in a timely manner.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
We have only completed our initial work up and are starting down the path of IVF with the genetic testing, after finding out we are both carriers of CF. This came as a shock to both my husband and I, but Dr Salem discussed the risks and options we had and let us choose which path we wanted to take. He was sympathetic and kind during this stage, especially as I found this out on the anniversary of a dear friend passing of CF. He reassured us that we can work around this risk factor but also explained the challenges.
Trust him. I am so thankful we found Dr Salem and CCRM
Since our first meeting with Dr Salem and the team at CCRM MN, I have felt at ease. It was a breath of fresh air after the two doctors I had seen through my general medical care while TTC. I had always had in the back of my mind that I could face infertility due to family history so after 6 months of TTC, I started down the path of trying to get answers. The first 2 I saw, I felt like my questions and concerns were diminished/ignored because we hadn’t been trying for a year yet. Turns out, had the first dr listened to me and was attentive to my bloodwork results, we would’ve know 9 months earlier that I had a DOR. Dr Salem noticed this in our consult from looking at our previous testing. He spoke to us at a human level. Answered all of my questions. Was kind and understanding. Warm. Friendly. For the first time, I felt heard and validated about my concerns.
We are just starting with creating the probe for our genetic mutation so we have not begun our IVF cycle yet. We have to wait until the probe is ready.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
It’s a very warm and inviting office. The reception desk recognized me after my second visit. Dr Salem came out to get us in the waiting room instead of a nurse showing us back. I am not great with giving blood and the nurses were exceptional. They took extra care to ease my anxiety and distracted me when needed. I cannot day enough good things about them so far!
We have not reached this stage of our plan yet

2016 - 2019, Successful
when I first starting seeing Dr. Batcheller she made my husband and I feel very comfortable in her presence. She was understanding of everything we have been through and listened when we told her the challenges we had been fighting. She was very flexible with our initial decision to try one more IUI cycle before moving on to IVF. She explained how everything worked and what we should consider. She made me feel really comfortable with her overall approach...has slowly gotten much busier over the last 3 years. It is definitely more challenging now to get in touch with her directly than it was back in 2016. She still performs all of her own procedures but often the diagnostic testing is now done by nurses or the other physician on staff. I
The nursing staff [at CCRM Minneapolis] has changed a lot over the years. I have a new primary nurse who is fantastic but there has been a lot of confusion when other nurses try to fill in...The nurses created protocols and called in prescriptions from the protocol that I never ended up needing in my cycles because they changed the protocol later. The nurses are responsible for selecting the protocol to use and selected one based on what they use for most patients without reviewing my own history and seeing that that protocol would not work for me...Frozen transfer cost approximately $5,000 plus medications, IVF cycle with fresh transfer cost $12,000 plus medications
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Batcheller has slowly gotten much busier over the last 3 years. It is definitely more challenging now to get in touch with her directly than it was back in 2016. She still performs all of her own procedures but often the diagnostic testing is now done by nurses or the other physician on staff. I also often wonder why the nursing staff has as much control over patient calendars. The nursing staff says that they review all calendars with Dr. Batcheller on a weekly basis but if that is true I question some of the decisions that have been made on some of my calendars and would expect Dr. Batcheller to know based on previous cycles what works and what does not work for me.
Be very clear what type of communication you expect from her so that she can meet your expectations or so that you know what you can expect from her.
1 IVF cycle with 4 successful embryos and a fresh transfer leading to a successful birth (September 2016) 1 frozen transfer cycle with a negative pregnancy test (January 2019) 1 frozen transfer cycle canceled due to illness (September 2019) 1 frozen transfer cycle pending (October 2019) All frozen transfers included lupron with two weeks of estrogen
The nursing staff has changed a lot over the years. I have a new primary nurse who is fantastic but there has been a lot of confusion when other nurses try to fill in. In my frozen transfer cycles I have been given a few different calendars that were contradictory to what had worked in previous cycles and in one case they completely forgot one piece of the protocol that was not identified until my nurse reviewed the calendar at my own request. In addition, twice the nurses have sent in the wrong medications for me to have filled. In both cases the medications were covered by insurance and so were not too expensive but I still filled medications that should my insurance not have covered would have been a huge waste of money.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Communication between nurses is a challenge but I love that they do really try to make a plan specific to each person. I do not like that they refuse to allow you to purchase generic versions of medications which is a significant cost to patients. Overall the clinic has given me one amazing child and I am grateful, however, I do feel concerned that their growth is impacting their ability to provide the excellent customer service I saw three years ago.
No concerns, we wanted to transfer only one embryo
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nurses created protocols and called in prescriptions from the protocol that I never ended up needing in my cycles because they changed the protocol later. The nurses are responsible for selecting the protocol to use and selected one based on what they use for most patients without reviewing my own history and seeing that that protocol would not work for me. I noticed immediately when I saw the protocol and asked if they should switch it which then they did.

2 Egg Freezing (cancer)
2 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Batcheller gives all of the pertinent information and allows the patient to make the decisions that are best for them...I was sufficiently educated about about the number of embryos that should be transferred. Since I have a limited number, transferring them one at a time will give me a better chance of success...is kind and patient. She takes as much time as you need to answer all of your question. She is easy to talk to and she is empathetic. She is also very intelligent and explains everything in detail.
I love the nursing staff at CCRM. Andrea has supported me on my journey both pre and post cancer. She answers all of my questions and never seems frustrated when I have more. Everyone on the care team at CCRM are outstanding! I felt so fortunate to be with such a strong, compassionate, and talent team all around...It cost about $15,000 for the egg retrieval, fertilization process, and genetic testing. That also included all appointments, ultrasounds, blood draws, and the actual retrieval procedure. That did not include medication.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I went to see Dr. Batcheller right after I was diagnosed with cancer. She and everyone at the clinic, got me in urgently, helped me understand my options, moved quickly and treated me with compassion. I tried to get two retrievals in, but my cancer grew too quickly so I had to cancel the second one. Dr. Batcheller gives all of the pertinent information and allows the patient to make the decisions that are best for them. I could not recommend her and her clinic more highly. While she was on maternity leave, I also saw Dr. Salem at the same clinic, and he was amazing too! I highly highly recommend this clinic and these doctors!
Choose Dr. Batcheller and CCRM for your fertility needs.
Dr. Batcheller is kind and patient. She takes as much time as you need to answer all of your question. She is easy to talk to and she is empathetic. She is also very intelligent and explains everything in detail.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Everyone communicates well. If a person can't help you, they find someone who can. I was also going through cancer at the time and the clinic was SO great about finding me resources for support. They also gave my a discount because I was going through cancer, which helped both financially as well as emotionally. I cannot recommend this clinic more highly!
2018 - 2019, 13 Eggs Frozen
Everyone you deal with at this clinic [CCRM Minneapolis] is extremely nice and caring. The nursing staff was excellent...$8,754 for an egg freezing cycle + $475 for anesthesia. The clinic also offers to reduce the fee for a second cycle by 20% and 15% for each cycle after that... is on the cutting edge of fertility technology. The only negative is that they don't bill insurance for you, but they do fill out all the claim forms for you so that you can submit them on your own - it is worth it to get the best treatment!
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
I met with Dr. Salem after having a bad experience at another fertility clinic. He is incredibly kind and compassionate. He is also incredibly smart and up to date on the latest information about fertility treatments. He worked really hard to get me the maximum number of eggs for freezing and tailored my treatment plan specifically to my issues (I ended up getting nearly double the number of eggs that I got at the previous clinic!) I sent my sister to him also because I was so impressed with his services.
Go see him! He is a great doctor! If you are a woman who its hesitant to go see a male ob/gyn, don't let that stop you - get the best treatment possible from the best doctor.
Dr. Salem is incredibly kind and compassionate. He is easy to get ahold of and actually called to see how I was feeling during my egg retrieval cycle. He knows his patients by name.
My treatment protocol was "Luteal Oral-Clomid Protocol 5 - freeze all only." I did a round of egg freezing at a prior clinic and got 7 mature eggs. Dr. Salem's goal was to get me at least a few more the second round. To do that, he advised me to wait 3 months after stopping birth control pills to see if my AMH would increase (it did! went from .5 to 1.78). Based on that, Dr. Salem concluded that birth control pills had a very suppressive effect on my ovaries, so rather than start my cycle with down-regulation by taking birth control pills, I waited for my natural LH surge and then started priming my ovaries by taking estrogen (estrace 2 mg tab twice a day). On day 3 of my next cycle I stopped taking estrace and started taking the stim meds (2 vials of menopur in the morning, 300 units follistim in the evening + 2 tabs of clomid for 5 days + dexamethosone). On day 7 of the stim meds I added in ganirelix in the morning. Triggered after 11 days of stims with HCG and Lupron. I got 13 mature eggs this round - almost double what I got at the previous clinic. I feel that Dr. Salem is directly responsible for the improvement - he really looked into which treatment plan would work best for my circumstances. The other clinic planned to do their exact same protocol a second time (birth control pills for 2 weeks to down-regulate, then start with 1 vial of menopur in the morning + 225 units of follistim in the evening, add ganirelix and then trigger with just HCG). It didn't work well the first time and they had to increase the medication half way though - I believe that if I had done that protocol again, I wouldn't have gotten as many eggs. In addition, they made it seem as though that was the best they could do for me - that because of my low AMH I should just be happy with the number I got. It was very frustrating. Dr. Salem's approach was much more tailored to me and really addressed the concerns I had at the first clinic. He is optimistic and tries to do the best for all of his patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Christie)
Everyone you deal with at this clinic is extremely nice and caring. The nursing staff was excellent. Christie, my nurse, was very nice and easy to get ahold of. She actually gives patients her extension number so that when you call, she actually answers! Which is a total contrast to the clinic I started at - you have to leave a voicemail and a random nurse would call back several hours later. Everyone at this clinic was nice and helpful. Even the phlebotomists were nice!
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
I think this is the best fertility clinic in MN. I would 100% recommend it to anyone. I switched to this clinic after doing one round of egg freezing at another clinic in the twin cities. It was a night & day difference! This clinic is truly the best and is on the cutting edge of fertility technology. The only negative is that they don't bill insurance for you, but they do fill out all the claim forms for you so that you can submit them on your own - it is worth it to get the best treatment!
Edina
Strengths: Scheduling has always been so easy. Weaknesses: I was once handed a bill in person. It was our first large bill (a couple thousand dollars) and so I was shocked. I would have preferred that they [CCRM Minneapolis] mailed that bill to my home ... Margaret [nurse] and everyone else we worked with have been so friendly. Margaret does a great job of explaining options and clearly laying out our plan each cycle.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
I’ve met Dr. Batcheller once or twice, but she’s always been super helpful and friendly. In our initial consult with her, we talked about our plan being 3 months of IUI and then evaluate from there. At that point, she was so optimistic for us that we never spoke of what would come next and that was comforting. Unfortunately IUI has not worked for ya yet. We’re trying a 4th round with some new meds and if that doesn’t work, we’ll have our regroup appointment next month. Honestly, we see more of the other staff and they’ve all been great.
Stop in and say hi during appointments every now and again if you’re available!
April was so optimistic for us that we were very excited to begin treatment. Everyone at her office has been incredible to work with.
IUI with Clomid (1pill x 5days), Ovidrel and Progesterone. Our second cycle, I ovulated on my own, so Ovidrel wasn’t needed. In our upcoming 4th round, we’re adding in 3 injections of Gonal-F. So far, no positive tests, but we’re optimistic about this round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret Sundheim)
Margaret and everyone else we worked with have been so friendly. Margaret does a great job of explaining options and clearly laying out our plan each cycle.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strengths: Scheduling has always been so easy. Weaknesses: I was once handed a bill in person. It was our first large bill (a couple thousand dollars) and so I was shocked. I would have preferred that they mailed that bill to my home so I could be shocked and cry on my own vs. in the parking ramp before I had to start my day.
Our insurance is taking a while to process things, so I know we’re not up to date. So far we’ve spent around $2000. I anticipate it will be more though.
Edina
Dr.Salem is very compassionate and made me feel like my husband and I having a baby was his biggest priority. He had a manner that was extremely friendly and explained everything in great detail.... Dr. Salem primary did phone consists with me as we were far from the clinic. He always explained things in a way I could understand and made me feel confident our cycle would be successful. He explained his experience and how it compared with our expected treatment plan and I never doubted his expertise. He was caring during painful procedures and his knowledge of infertility blew me away.
It’s difficult to get same day results from outside clinic faxed to CCRM. They also ordered wrong medication which had to be corrected.... Weaknesses: not feeling like you’re able to get through to a nurse or billing coordinator when you need. It seemed like there were always multiple people looking at my chart and they would jumble the info. Feels like they would quickly rush you through appts. Strengths: having Dr.Salem on staff
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. Salem primary did phone consists with me as we were far from the clinic. He always explained things in a way I could understand and made me feel confident our cycle would be successful. He explained his experience and how it compared with our expected treatment plan and I never doubted his expertise. He was caring during painful procedures and his knowledge of infertility blew me away. When answering questions I had, he did so in a way that didn’t belittle my lack of knowledge and explained everything so wonderfully.
If you’re unable to get the answers you need from his nursing staff, ask to speak directly with him. He’s more than happy to set aside time to speak with you.
For our Egg Retreival process, I was on 150units of Gonal F for 10 days starting day 16 of my cycle. I also did 1 vial of menopur for those 10 days and 5 days of cetrotide starting day 21 of my cycle. For my trigger prior to retreival I did leuprolide and novarel. I was also placed on a medication to lower my estrogen levels 2 days prior to retreival.
I didn’t end up primarily working with Andrea. There would be different nurses providing results each time. I didn’t feel like I knew how each monitoring appt went unless I asked for specifics. They would just say if I was on track or not.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Ivf Egg retreival with Genetic testing and 1 frozen transfer is approximately $25000
Dr. Salem stated he prefers single embryo transfers
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Batcheller always treated is like a human. ... She was blunt when we had to be and gentle when we needed it. ... We asked a lot of questions I don't think she was used to answering and could tell that she wished we had been less complicated. But it ultimately worked out and we trusted her. She did not offer embryo testing at the time of creation and I wish that she had.
But we often had trouble with the business office and sometimes with the nurses. We would ask a question and get a generic answer (or no answer) that didn't always fit with our situation. Like they never even opened my file before calling me back or responding. ... We recruited our own egg donor which is something I don't think they'd gone through very often which made our journey a little bumpy.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr Batcheller made is feel comfortable and confident throughout the process. She was blunt when we had to be and gentle when we needed it. We recruited our own egg donor which is something I don't think they'd gone through very often which made our journey a little bumpy. We asked a lot of questions I don't think she was used to answering and could tell that she wished we had been less complicated. But it ultimately worked out and we trusted her. She did not offer embryo testing at the time of creation and I wish that she had.
Ask as many questions as you have. She'll answer them all. But doesn't necessarily bring things up if you don't ask. She brings up the things that are medically important. But maybe not extra things that might be important to crazy infertiles lIke us!
Dr. Batcheller always treated is like a human. But we often had trouble with the business office and sometimes with the nurses. We would ask a question and get a generic answer (or no answer) that didn't always fit with our situation. Like they never even opened my file before calling me back or responding.
My AMH was .05 and AFC around 4 when I first saw Dr B. She suggested we start with a medicated IUI. I did triple Menopur for 14 days and had 1-2 follicles. It was not successful. Given my poor response and low AMH/AFC she suggested we either do multiple rounds of IVF with high doses of stims and CCS testing bto hopefully get 1-2 normal embryos if we wanted to it my own eggs or move on to donor eggs. We opted for donor eggs. Knowing we wanted more than one child. The cost of using my own eggs would be too high.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Gina)
We had a lot of trouble with our first nurse. They were just getting the donor program started and things seemed a little unorganized. We just didn't click with our first nurse. She was not very compassionate and dropped the ball a few times (in our opinion). When they added a second nurse to the donor program, Gina, they switched is to her. It was a much better fit. She was very kind and compassionate. And took the time we needed. I did have to have a conversation with the nursing staff about remembering that we are coming in with trauma related to Infertility that requires some extra attention. We need a little more hand holding through this process sometimes. And that this is a big deal for us even if it's their every day work.
Our Dr strongly encouraged eSET and we agreed.
April Batcheller
The doctor [Dr. April Batcheller] is great. She's kind, understanding, and works with you on a plan. Her availability isn't great, but that's the only downside, she's very very busy, and it takes 3 weeks to get seen even if you're already a patient...My IUIs were simple, honestly. 100mg of Clomid for 5 days, testing on day 10, after which it was decided how to proceed. Low dose of Ovidrel trigger, IUI 36 hours later. Still going through IVF, though, so can't say, but she put me on an antagonist protocol bc of suspected PCOS.
I did not like the mandatory "donor therapy" [at CCRM Minneapolis] that couldn't use any insurances, snd cost me $800 out of freaking pocket...the clinic seems against transferring mosaic aneuploid embryos...Biggest weakness is their weak schedule and the difficulty contacting anyone but a nurse for good information. Scheduling is weeks out and they don't make that clear before you're up to pay. Good is that they have stupid high success rates and the doctor is fabulous. They also take some insurances.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
The doctor is great. She's kind, understanding, and works with you on a plan. Her availability isn't great, but that's the only downside, she's very very busy, and it takes 3 weeks to get seen even if you're already a patient.
Start early!
She's just a really sweet person, and understands how you feel. She's also very willing to work with you to have a plan you want.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Melissa, then Dana)
Melissa was amazing, would love to work with her again. Dana has been a nightmare. She's snippy, insulting, and seems to be looking down on me and I don't really like working with her at all.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
I had insurance, so they were modest, but I did not like the mandatory "donor therapy" that couldn't use any insurances, snd cost me $800 out of freaking pocket. All so the therapist could scare my donor and I on shit we already discussed.
My doctor is convinced I will have a highly successful egg retrieval based on my previous responses to lighter medication. Based on my lining, she suggested no more than 1 embryo transferred at a time unless I specifically wanted twins. Furthermore, the clinic seems against transferring mosaic aneuploid embryos.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
I was supposed to complete my blood work. I already had some of it done, but all the wrong blood work was ordered and it just didn't make any sense. Furthermore they kept losing my blood work from my GP I was supposed to be prescribed a med and I had to call after hours to get a prescription for it. Furthermore, they didn't tell me that the sperm count from the donor had been low after they unfroze it, wasting my first IUI, until literally the day before my second IUI. The doctor was out on leave so I don't blame her, but it was a damn mess.

2019, Consult
Dr. Salem was kind, real, and thoughtful. He communicated effectively and we never felt talked down to nor did we feel like he was looking as us as numbers or a bank account. He asked us questions and clearly had looked over our information prior to the appointment.... We had a consult with Dr. Salem in January. We chose to keep trying naturally for a few more months. We will now be going back to begin IUI.
It was very easy to get set up and we were able to get in pretty quickly [at CCRM Minneapolis]. The online set up was a little confusing as there were two different emails with conflicting information, but we got it figured out. The new patient info was easy to fill out online. It was long, but I felt that was good as it helped the doctor personalize our care. Everything else was fine, nothing remarkable either good or bad.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Ask questions. He is very open and approachable.
We went to Dr. Salem after having a negative experience at another clinic. He was wonderful. He sat down with us to discuss our test results, our lifestyle and habits, and our options. He treated us as individuals and ensured that we were a team making a decision rather than a doctor making a decision for us.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
It was very easy to get set up and we were able to get in pretty quickly. The online set up was a little confusing as there were two different emails with conflicting information, but we got it figured out. The new patient info was easy to fill out online. It was long, but I felt that was good as it helped the doctor personalize our care. Everything else was fine, nothing remarkable either good or bad.
Our consult was around $200. They only work with one insurance company. but they do send you the detailed bill to send into your insurance for reimbursement if your insurance covers it (ours doesn't).
Edina

I have only met with Dr. Batcheller a couple of times, most communication is done through the nurses. The times I have met with April, I thought she was very nice and knowledgeable and I felt comfortable moving forward. ... I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff [CCRM], I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that. ... I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
They are a very busy clinic [CCRM], but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them. ... The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations. ... The nurses are great! I think they may be a bit busy because of all the patients the clinic has now, but I think they do a good job of getting back to me when I've left a message.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Be your own advocate! The clinic is very busy, and if anything feels "off" do not hesitate to ask questions and get better explanations.
I am indifferent on this. I love Dr. B and all the nursing staff, I just think they have too many patients and the communication suffers because of that.
For IUIs it was letrozol with a very small dose (50) of gonal-f. These were used to help not only grow my follicles, but to attempt to thicken my lining.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis. (Assigned nurse: Margaret for IUI, now Jennifer for IVF)
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
They are a very busy clinic, but still do a good job of getting back to me when I've requested. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. I usually have no issue making appointments when I want or need them.
Approximately $4500 per round of IUI including meds. Have not paid for IVF yet.
Have not discussed this yet.
Edina

He [Dr. Wael Salem] told me I didn’t have much time and that if I wanted to try on my own I had to do it fast. He did not tell me why he chose the regimen that he picked for me but I knew I couldn’t have a fresh transfer because I needed a surgery to be able to accept a pregnancy...Multiple times I was told during my visits with him that “he dad to get going he had other patients to see”. In emails to the nurses asking for advise I was told that they talked to him and he said he already discussed that with me.
felt as though I was a number to them [nurses at CCRM Minneapolis]. When is call it would take them hours to days to get back to me. Same with emails...[monitoring] Times were not convenient with my work times...I had to pay up front and when things failed it took a long time to get my money back...It feels like a cold and sterile place. The was no warmth or compassion there...The one strength was the OR staff. They were k credibly kind and compassionate during such an emotional and scary time.
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
Going through this I expected to be able to talk with him if questions arose. I had to pay for another visit if I wanted that. I got charged for phone calls as well. I felt that all they wanted was my money and that I was just another number to them.
Find someone else. Anyone else.
He told me I didn’t have much time and that if I wanted to try on my own I had to do it fast. He did not tell me why he chose the regimen that he picked for me but I knew I couldn’t have a fresh transfer because I needed a surgery to be able to accept a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
I again felt as though I was a number to them. When is call it would take them hours to days to get back to me. Same with emails.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
The clinic just wants your money. It feels like a cold and sterile place. The was no warmth or compassion there. I had to pay in advance. When I had no eggs to test or freeze it fools weeks and many calls to get my money back. The one strength was the OR staff. They were k credibly kind and compassionate during such an emotional and scary time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CCRM Minneapolis.
Times were not convenient with my work times.
I had to embryos to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
During the time I was getting labs daily the correct labs were not ordered. If I didn’t know better I would have left and had to come back. Instead I had to get poked twice that day.
Edina

Dr. B is compassionate and kind. I felt like she cared about me as a person and a patient. ... You don’t see a lot of her other than for actual procedures and consultations, but she is kind, direct, and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable asking her questions and voicing concerns. ... Dr. B is awesome and knows her stuff. ... Clomid and trigger shot for an IUI. Gearing up to do a round of IVF with menopur, cetrotide, and follistim.
Weaknesses: Overcrowded- especially in the morning. They [CCRM Minneapolis] need more space and more doctors now that they are covered under Optum/United ... Billing issues with the business office. Conflicting information from the nurses. ... The nurses are hit or miss. You have to keep track of what Dr. B tells you. ... Sometimes the communication doesn’t make it down to the nurses. ... $20-$25k for IVF with PGS testing.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr. B is amazing. You don’t see a lot of her other than for actual procedures and consultations, but she is kind, direct, and knowledgeable. I felt comfortable asking her questions and voicing concerns.
Make sure to confirm with the nurse what you heard from Dr. B. Sometimes the communication doesn’t make it down to the nurses.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CCRM Minneapolis.
The nurses are hit or miss. You have to keep track of what Dr. B tells you.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Strength: Dr. B is awesome and knows her stuff. She is kind and compassionate. Weaknesses: Overcrowded- especially in the morning. They need more space and more doctors now that they are covered under Optum/United
$20-$25k for IVF with PGS testing.
Edina

Wael has a way of speaking to me with empathy and not sympathy. He took the time to not just ask us about our struggles with infertility but also for our plans. ...I would prefer to have a female doctor through my experience for more compassion. But he took the time to get to know me and my partner on a personal level as well as being blunt about some situations which i appreciated in the end.
Clinic [CCRM Mpls] strength will be easy access as well as the amazing online portal that they have set for patients. As well as the parking being at a no cost for patients....The nursing staff greets everyone with a warm smile and even take the time to leave out goodies for patients like coffee and cookies. Weakness would be the waiting time, you're appointment can be at 10:00am and you wont be seen until 10-15min after that
How was your experience with Wael Salem at CCRM Minneapolis?
As a new patient, I saw Wael and thought I would prefer to have a female doctor through my experience for more compassion. But he took the time to get to know me and my partner on a personal level as well as being blunt about some situations which i appreciated in the end. He always greeted us and learned our names quickly to build that trust. His way of speaking would have us focused on our goal but also distract us from now stressing too much as we get there.
One advice is ASK QUESTIONS. He is open to many questions so don't be shy
Wael has a way of speaking to me with empathy and not sympathy. He took the time to not just ask us about our struggles with infertility but also for our plans. And he did try to explain that one way or another, blood related or not, a baby in our home will always see us as Family because we would be raising her/him
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Clinic strength will be easy access as well as the amazing online portal that they have set for patients. As well as the parking being at a no cost for patients. Many places charge for parking and it's ridiculous. Weakness, nothing. Honestly
205 consultation fees, not sure what else.
We are not that far in
Edina

Dr.Batcheller is very kind and compassionate. She really listened to our story/journey, and our thoughts and wants for treatments. She advised IVF, but we said we aren’t comfortable with that, she didn’t push it. She is working with us, with what we’re comfortable with.... We will have one when we meet with Dr. Batcheller next week for our regroup. We have only done bloodwork and hsg testing.
As of now everyone at CCRM has been very kind and helpful. My primary nurse, Margaret, has been wonderful and very helpful!... As with any fertility clinic, it can take a little bit of time to get your first consultation appointment. It is nice having an online patient portal. There is quite a bit of paper/online work/questions to fill out. I am always early for my appointments, but they always seem to call me back late.
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
Dr.Batcheller is very kind and compassionate. She really listened to our story/journey, and our thoughts and wants for treatments. She advised IVF, but we said we aren’t comfortable with that, she didn’t push it. She is working with us, with what we’re comfortable with. I feel as though we are in great hands. And very hopeful she will help us to grow our family!
Give Dr. Batcheller a chance, you won’t regret it!
I felt as though she really listened to our thoughts and feelings. She is very kind.
We have not come up with an exact plan yet. We will have one when we meet with Dr. Batcheller next week for our regroup. We have only done bloodwork and hsg testing.
I am not sure yet.

2017 - 2019, Successful
She [Dr. April Batcheller] was a wonderful doctor and made this stressful experience more comfortable. That's why we are going to do IVF again now with her this spring. She was very thoughtful and explained things well to us. I am very grateful for her help... We did egg retrieval with genetic testing and an egg transfer... Great clinic [CCRM Minneapolis- Edina] ...just wish I lived closer. I had to drive about 45 minutes each way multiple times a week for appointments. That's not the clinics fault in the least and the staff worked their best to make the times convenient for me
Great clinic [CCRM Minneapolis- Edina] ...just wish I lived closer. I had to drive about 45 minutes each way multiple times a week for appointments. That's not the clinics fault in the least and the staff worked their best to make the times convenient for me... She [Dr. April Batcheller] was a wonderful doctor and made this stressful experience more comfortable. That's why we are going to do IVF again now with her this spring. She was very thoughtful and explained things well to us
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
She was a wonderful doctor and made this stressful experience more comfortable. That's why we are going to do IVF again now with her this spring. She was very thoughtful and explained things well to us. I am very grateful for her help
Be amazed
She was wonderful and very friendly
We did egg retrieval with genetic testing and an egg transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at CCRM Minneapolis.
Everyone at the clinic was amazing
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
Great clinic...just wish I lived closer. I had to drive about 45 minutes each way multiple times a week for appointments. That's not the clinics fault in the least and the staff worked their best to make the times convenient for me
It was expensive but we got a beautiful baby out of it so well worth it
Edina

When meeting with Dr. Batcheller I felt that my care was very personalized and that she made a solid plan for my specific case. We met with her for the initial consultation, regroup after fertility tests (hormone levels, sperm analysis, etc.), and I saw her before and after my egg retrieval....The patient has to be comfortable dealing mostly with staff at this clinic. For me that wasn't a problem, and Dr. Batcheller was clearly monitoring my progress behind the scenes, as she is clearly very busy. I felt my care was well handled and had a very good cycle
The staff at CCRM Minneapolis are also fantastic and began remembering my name after the second or third stim check, so I didn't feel much like a number....The nursing staff always answered my messages in the portal promptly. They were overall kind and considerate...The only issue we really had was that they did not freeze the first sperm sample due to miscommunication. It was analyzed and discarded
How was your experience with April Batcheller at CCRM Minneapolis?
The patient has to be comfortable dealing mostly with staff at this clinic. For me that wasn't a problem, and Dr. Batcheller was clearly monitoring my progress behind the scenes, as she is clearly very busy. I felt my care was well handled and had a very good cycle to begin with seeing as I have low ovarian reserve. The protocol seemed very fitting for a first round based on my situation, and I will only be requesting small adjustments for round two.
If you want a very personalized plan this is the place to go, but you should be prepared to have somewhat limited interactions with the doctor herself.
When meeting with Dr. Batcheller I felt that my care was very personalized and that she made a solid plan for my specific case. We met with her for the initial consultation, regroup after fertility tests (hormone levels, sperm analysis, etc.), and I saw her before and after my egg retrieval. I was able to make a follow up appointment with her two days after retrieval, and will be meeting with her to plan round two. I believe that other clinics have a lot more face to face time with the doctor, during stimming/monitoring I didn't see Dr. Batcheller at all. This didn't bother me personally very much, as she was clearly always in the background assessing how to manage my care. The staff at CCRM Minneapolis are also fantastic and began remembering my name after the second or third stim check, so I didn't feel much like a number.
I did a high dosage protocol for my low ovarian reserve. I was on both Clomid and Dexamethasone, alongside 300 units Follistim, two vials of Menopur, and about halfway through I started one prefilled syringe of Ganirelix. I triggered with both HCG and Lupron. Toward the end of my cycle my estrogen was very high, so there was some concern for overstimming. They had me trigger according to our original plan, even though I was hoping to let a few more follicles catch up. They focused on my body and safety when I didn't, which I think is very important. They put me on Cabergoline to help this as well. I am currently one day past retrieval and have had no weight gain, no trouble urinating, and otherwise no signs of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome. Being below age 35 and having been on such high doses of hormones this was definitely a concern, and I'm glad that my doctor took this into account.
The nursing staff always answered my messages in the portal promptly. They were overall kind and considerate. If they didn't know an answer they usually let me know that and followed up with someone who did know the answer. It seems like there is a bit of divide between the nursing staff and embryology, but I think this is not atypical. There were a few occasions where my questions were answered incorrectly, but I generally followed up with the doctor and got the right information. Dr. Batcheller then assured me she would inform the nurse so that they know for the future. I think I had more challenging questions than most as I am studying for my masters in biology.
Describe your experience with CCRM Minneapolis.
My overall experience at CCRM Minneapolis was great. I got all my questions answered (when I remembered to ask them, if not, the portal was a great resource) in a timely fashion. The communication seemed to be slightly lacking on occasion (they forgot to freeze my partner's sperm the first time around, but I think they are not used to doing this during the one day workup), generally between the lab and the nursing staff. When this occurred they did everything to help fix the issue and did not charge for reanalysis. Due to my concern about this they were even kind enough to show me the vial of sperm with my partner's name on it to reassure me. They called me promptly the morning after to let me know how many eggs were mature (60%) and that 100% had fertilized, and told me that there is still a chance that more will mature. Overall this is, of course, fewer than I might have hoped, but is still very good for my AMH. As with any clinic, be sure to advocate for yourself - if there is anything very particular to your case (like us using frozen sperm from my partner), tell them and tell them again. Other than that, things will run smoothly!
Initial Consultation: $200 One Day Workup (Hormone Testing, Hysteroscopy, Sperm Analysis, Disease Testing, Other Blood Tests): ~$2,100 in house, ~$2,000 to Quest Diagnostics (disease testing) Round One (Monitoring, Surgery): ~9,400 Anesthesia: $475 (Check Only)
Because I am doing PGS testing and am under age 30 I believe that when we get to the transfer I will only be allowed to do one. The risk of multiples is too high, and the success rate should be around 70%. For me this is a non-issue as I would like to avoid multiples if possible, as the risk to myself and the babies increases significantly in this case.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CCRM Minneapolis.
The only issue we really had was that they did not freeze the first sperm sample due to miscommunication. It was analyzed and discarded, but thankfully we were in town long enough for them to reanalyze and cryopreserve. We were not charged for the second analysis. I also asked a question and received an incorrect answer from a nurse, but this was cleared up on the same day when I met with the doctor.