Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
5 Columbus Circle
244 Westchester Ave
West Harrison, NY 10604
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbia University to a friend?

Dr. Rudick was very patient with me, and was always available by email or by appointment to go through all of my questions. She made me feel like I had full control over the process, and that it was up to me to decide how aggressive I wanted to be, and the pace at which I wanted to proceed...She is also very straight forward and matter-of fact with results and reasons for those results, and she doesn't sugar-coat, which I appreciated and which added to my trust of her. When I received bad news after a few cycles back to back, Dr. Rudick sent me a very nice email and I felt that we were in this together, working toward a common goal. Al
The clinic [Columbia University] has a very calming atmosphere, and is very clean. There are plenty of seats for waiting patients, and several bathrooms. There was always water available and fresh fruit. The reception staff was very pleasant each time I arrived and check in was quick. The process during morning monitoring was consistent, and I hardly ever had to wait more than 5-10 minutes after my scheduled appointment time to be seen.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Dr. Rudick is very professional and knowledgeable. She never pushed me to do something I was not ready to do, and let me set the pace of my treatments. When I decided to take a short break between cycles, she was very understanding. She is also very straight forward and matter-of fact with results and reasons for those results, and she doesn't sugar-coat, which I appreciated and which added to my trust of her. When I received bad news after a few cycles back to back, Dr. Rudick sent me a very nice email and I felt that we were in this together, working toward a common goal. Although Dr. Rudick was not always available at every visit, all of the doctors and nurses at Columbia were pleasant to work with. Before and during each procedure, Dr. Rudick would explain each step in detail, which helped ease my anxiety. I felt very cared for by her and the team at Columbia.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
I would tell her that she is in good hands, to trust the process, and to ask a lot of questions to ease anxiety and understand all of the details and risks. At points, it can seem like there are no answers and it is all trial-and-error, but with each cycle, more information is gathered that will lead you toward the right treatment for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
I was treated like a human, Dr. Rudick was very patient with me, and was always available by email or by appointment to go through all of my questions. She made me feel like I had full control over the process, and that it was up to me to decide how aggressive I wanted to be, and the pace at which I wanted to proceed.
Describe the protocols Briana Rudick used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
After several tests, we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, which can be very frustrating. We decided to try IUI first. The first cycle of IUI was with Clomid, which was not successful. The Dr. switched me to Letrozole for the next three IUI cycles. I felt a lot better on Letrozole (much less bloated). Unfortunately, these cycles all resulted in biochemical pregnancies. We met with Dr. Rudick to discuss next steps, and she recommended IVF with genetic testing as she suspected a chromosomal issue in the embryo was the cause of the biochemicals. We proceeded with this recommendation, which produced two normal embryos. We transferred one of the embryos and this resulted in a positive pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Julissa Mota)
Julissa and the nursing staff were very organized and pleasant to work with. Julissa always called me and/or emailed me with results around the same time of day, the day after testing. This was very consistent and eased my mind, because I knew when to expect to hear from her. I felt that I could reach out to her if I had any questions about medications, treatments, etc. When I started my first IVF cycle, Julissa met with me and showed me how to mix and administer each medication, and gave me tips on how to organize the meds and make it easy. She also sent me links to instructional videos online. The information was very helpful and eased my anxiety. I also got to know the phlebotomists; they were always nice and would greet me and say hello when they saw me. I felt like everyone was rooting for me.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic has a very calming atmosphere, and is very clean. There are plenty of seats for waiting patients, and several bathrooms. There was always water available and fresh fruit. The reception staff was very pleasant each time I arrived and check in was quick. The process during morning monitoring was consistent, and I hardly ever had to wait more than 5-10 minutes after my scheduled appointment time to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Briana Rudick at Columbia University.
Fortunately, I had fertility coverage under my health insurance. I did have to pay some costs out of pocket up to the deductible. I also had to pay for the embryo freezing and the Genetic Testing separately, these were not covered by insurance. All in, I feel that I paid close to $8,000 out of pocket in total.
Describe Briana Rudick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr. Rudick recommended transferring one embryo at a time, to avoid a multiple pregnancy. We agreed on this course of action.

1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
I had Katrina and Tiffany as nurses. They did their jobs well. Even the nurses who draw blood exhibited a great standard of care. Peri, the Egg Donor Program Coordinator, is especially great. She was incredibly helpful and reliable.... I can't recommend this clinic (Columbia) enough. The only things that I would hope for other to avoid are things that they can't necessarily control. 1) Make sure your procedures are pre-authorized well in advance. Speak with your insurance yourself and know for sure that pre-autho went through.
1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman listened to my concerns and is very good with first time IVF patients. Nothing was too small for his attention and he’s always doing his best for you. He consistently went above and beyond for me the entire time I was in his care. A perfect example of this was when I had expressed how much I wanted him to perform the actual IVF procedure rather than another doctor from the clinic. The day of the procedure, it wasn’t guaranteed that he could make it but he rushed to the clinic and made it happen. I actually teared up when I saw him. These things mean the world to women who have no control over their bad fortune. He and his team understood that these things mattered and what a difference it makes when your concerns are taken seriously. Even the front desk and nurses who draw blood exhibited the same standard of care. Peri, the Egg Donor Program Coordinator, is especially great. She was incredibly helpful and reliable. I can’t recommend Columbia University Fertility Center enough.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
I do not have a uterus but still have my ovaries. IVF, creating and freezing embryos and using a gestational carrier was the only strategy. It was all pretty straight forward for everyone. I declined using birth control because I had LH test strips to tell me approximately when my first day of cycle would be. He then monitored my blood work until we knew when to start everything. My injectables were Menopur, Gonal F & Cetrotide.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I can't recommend this clinic enough. The only things that I would hope for other to avoid are things that they can't necessarily control. 1) Make sure your procedures are pre-authorized well in advance. Speak with your insurance yourself and know for sure that pre-autho went through. 2) One of the third party companies that they work with, Igenomix that is used for PGS testing, relies on your IVF doctor to explain things that I believe should be their responsibility. The only thing that the clinic can do to help avoid a lot of frustration when it comes to finding out your results from Igenomix is to explain to their patients that 1) Currently, NY state law does not does not allow companies like Igenomix to disclose mosaic results 2) Explain that mosaic results from Igenomix are handled differently and how. 3) Interpret the results from Igenomix completely for the patient before they try to do it for themselves with an Igenomix rep. Again, all things that I believe Igonmix should explain before someone uses their services considering it has to do with their results and the service that your paying them to do, not the clinic. Igenomix should be saying, “You should know that that NY State law prevents us from disclosing information about mosaics…”, “this is how we outline our results. we conclude mosaic embryos are also abnormal embryos so you wouldn’t use them anyway… (paraphrasing that last part… that’s not exactly right)..”, “This is how you interpret our results, here is an example”.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I trusted Dr. Forman's suggestion on transferring a single embryo for my first IVF cycle and it was successful...was always kind, respectful, and took his time explaining all procedures to my husband and I. He never made us feel rushed at any point, and he took his time to answer all our questions. He made sure we understood the pros and cons of all the procedures before they were done...goes above and beyond to provide quality care for his patients. He always addresses my question and concerns since our very first meeting. He explains all procedures in detail and makes sure you understand the pros and cons before it is done. He never forces any procedures on you, he suggests it, gives you all the information, and lets you decide if you want to take that approach. Because of the quality work and great advice from Dr. Forman, I now have a healthy baby boy.
Nurse Christine[at Columbia University] is amazing. She always delivers the results by phone or email as soon as it becomes available. She is also available to answer any questions or concerns, if not she usually gets back to you as soon as she can...Overall, Columbia fertility is a wonderful place. As you exit the elevator you are greeted with friendly smiles from the front desk employees which makes you feel welcome. The office is bright, clean, and comfortable with complimentary refreshments. The wait time to be seen is very short.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
There aren't enough words to describe how amazing Dr. Eric Forman is. He is kind, very compassionate, extremely knowledgable, great communication, and he handles all procedures with great attention and care. Dr. Forman goes above and beyond to provide quality care for his patients. He always addresses my question and concerns since our very first meeting. He explains all procedures in detail and makes sure you understand the pros and cons before it is done. He never forces any procedures on you, he suggests it, gives you all the information, and lets you decide if you want to take that approach. Because of the quality work and great advice from Dr. Forman, I now have a healthy baby boy.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Ask all the questions.
Dr. Forman was always kind, respectful, and took his time explaining all procedures to my husband and I. He never made us feel rushed at any point, and he took his time to answer all our questions. He made sure we understood the pros and cons of all the procedures before they were done.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo)
Nurse Christine is amazing. She always delivers the results by phone or email as soon as it becomes available. She is also available to answer any questions or concerns, if not she usually gets back to you as soon as she can.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at Columbia University.
Insurance covered the cost
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.

2019 - 2020
During that retrieval, Dr. Forman did a scratch test to see if there was any inflammation in my uterine lining. There was a few plasma cells found, so I took an antibiotic for that. We also went back and figured out which protocol provided my thickest lining and we decided menopur and Gonal f would gain the best lining for me...was ALWAYS available. Whether it was to vent or ask small questions, there was always an email in return. He goes above and beyond for his patients. I traveled in from northern NJ to see him and he was always considerate for that too.
She [nurse at Columbia] constantly returned my phone calls to answer all my questions and keep me calm. I can’t say enough good things...Columbia is gorgeous! Everything is clean and everyone when you walk in is friendly and helpful. Every one who ever drew my blood got to know me and made me feel super comfortable. The sonographers were informative and knowledgeable. I was always able to get in contact with someone to answer my question.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
The level of contact and patience he had for me as a patient goes above and beyond any other doctor I’ve ever seen. From the moment we met, I felt totally comfortable and respected any decisions Dr. Forman suggested as my course of treatment.
Ask questions and always be your own advocate no matter who your doctor is.
Dr. Forman was ALWAYS available. Whether it was to vent or ask small questions, there was always an email in return. He goes above and beyond for his patients. I traveled in from northern NJ to see him and he was always considerate for that too.
For all 3 IUIs we did letrozole to stimulate follicles. Then I was the one who volunteered to proceed to IVF. For the first egg retrieval, we used menopur and Gonal F. Then we added centrotide and triggered with HCG. For those frozen transfers, we did estradiol to thicken my lining and then progesterone in oil. After 1 miscarriage and 2 failed transfers, we decided to do a second egg retrieval. This was the same protocol. During that retrieval, Dr. Forman did a scratch test to see if there was any inflammation in my uterine lining. There was a few plasma cells found, so I took an antibiotic for that. We also went back and figured out which protocol provided my thickest lining and we decided menopur and Gonal f would gain the best lining for me. This was a natural cycle that I triggered a follicle and used progesterone suppositories instead of the oil. That’s what did the trick!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Christine and Gertrude are also amazing people. Christine is always so happy and positive. She constantly returned my phone calls to answer all my questions and keep me calm. I can’t say enough good things about these two women. They’re super respectful, professional, and compassionate with patients.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I have amazing insurance as a teacher so everything was covered except for genetic testing of embryos and cryopreservation. The biopsy was $2500 per retrieval and $100 per month for storage.
I always wanted to have one child at a time and Dr. Forman is a big advocate for it, so it was perfect for us.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
As a physician myself, I was impressed with both Dr. Brady's clinical knowledge and competence as well as her empathetic bedside manner. If there was a setback, she would break the news in a sensitive and empathetic way, but at the same time come up with solutions to address the set-back.... I was able to email her directly with any questions (which I feel is rare with most physicians), and she would typically respond within 24 hours and answer any questions I had in detail.
The facilities at Columbia IVF are clean, well-designed and very organized. The staff including nurses and secretaries are polite and responsive to patients' needs. The physicians I saw at the clinic were excellent both in terms of clinical competence and bedside manner. The embryologists I met were professional and careful in their handling of my embryo from what I saw during my transfer.... PGS $2,500, Cyropreservation (annual) $1,200, Anesthesia $500, Igenomix PGS fee $750.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
As a physician myself, I was impressed with both Dr. Brady's clinical knowledge and competence as well as her empathetic bedside manner. If there was a setback, she would break the news in a sensitive and empathetic way, but at the same time come up with solutions to address the set-back. I did not have Dr. Brady do the egg retrieval because of a conflict in my work schedule, but she did do the egg transfer. I was extremely nervous about the transfer because I ended up with only 1 genetically normal embryo after PGS screening, but I was impressed with how carefully and smoothly she preformed the transfer. The embryo ended up implanting, and I am now in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I would advise patients in general to ask their IVF doctor about their chances for success with each cycle given their individual circumstances. We did not discuss this in too much detail, and I did not think to push for more information on my chances of success because I was so focused on just starting treatment. I was 38yo when I did the egg retrieval. 12 eggs were retrieved, 7 fertilized, 3 embryos made it to day 5 and only 1 embryo was genetically normal after screening. I was surprised and disappointed that this was considered a good result for my age. I was expecting and hoping to have at least 2-3 good embryos. Every doctor wants to paint the most optimistic picture possible so I think it's important to ask about the worst outcomes too so you can prepare yourself and not be overly disappointed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I found Dr. Brady to be warm, empathetic and patient, and I felt very comfortable under her care. I was able to email her directly with any questions (which I feel is rare with most physicians), and she would typically respond within 24 hours and answer any questions I had in detail. She would also call me directly herself with any important news and offer to talk about anything I wanted over the phone if email wasn't sufficient.
Describe the protocols Paula Brady used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Gonadal F (225 IU), Menopur (225 IU) and Ovidrel were used for egg retrieval. To prepare for the transfer I took estradiol 2mg BID and progesterone IM injections nightly. I continued the estradiol and progesterone injections until the 10th week of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Leong)
The nurses explained the instructions well both verbally and through email. They were responsive to any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Columbia University.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled for a specific time, but they were flexible at the same time. So if I needed an earlier appointment, they would easily accommodate that. I would typically get there at 7am, and my wait would be no more than 10-20min.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Brady at Columbia University.
PGS $2,500, Cyropreservation (annual) $1,200, Anesthesia $500, Igenomix PGS fee $750. The rest was covered under insurance and required $50 copay for each clinic visit.
Describe Paula Brady's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
We only had one good embryo, so we did not have any other choices. But Dr. Brady said that she would still prefer eSET in my case any way.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr Williams treats each patient like he was treating his wife or daughter. He is kind, patients and truly cares. He is easy to talk and one can tell that his mind is brilliant. He takes the time to call you with results even if it’s 10pm to help alleviate any happy/sad news. ... Williams as he is a master in early pregnancy loss. He diagnosed me with endometriosis and pcos. As a result he began by monitoring my cycles and started a medications routine.
We missed IUIs [at Columbia] due to “forgetting” we needed blood work before. ... The nurses who draw blood and morning monitoring are amazing. Sometimes there is a long wait in the am. The coordinators and the doctors personal nursing staff have very poor communication within each other which resulted in a lot of unnecessary anguish and anxiety for both my husband and myself. We had to call the emergency line more than 5 times to get our medication called into the pharmacy.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Whether it’s Dr. Williams or any other doctor, it’s really important to advocate for yourself and don’t be afraid to ask questions and share your needs.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Dr. Williams is so patient and compassionate. I have yet to meet a doctor who values his patients ideas and feedback. He takes the time despite being the head of the research and is the fertility director.
Describe the protocols Zev Williams used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Because my husband and I got pregnant naturally two times and it ended in molar pregnancies we decided to seek dr. Williams as he is a master in early pregnancy loss. He diagnosed me with endometriosis and pcos. As a result he began by monitoring my cycles and started a medications routine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Alissa )
The care coordinator was amazing. But there were many mistakes and anxious moments from mishaps due to miscommunication between them. A lot of mishaps
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The nurses who draw blood and morning monitoring are amazing. Sometimes there is a long wait in the am. The coordinators and the doctors personal nursing staff have very poor communication within each other which resulted in a lot of unnecessary anguish and anxiety for both my husband and myself. We had to call the emergency line more than 5 times to get our medication called into the pharmacy. We missed IUIs due to “forgetting” we needed blood work before.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zev Williams at Columbia University.
30K+
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Forman has a calm, dry manner of presenting information. Personally, I appreciated that, as I found it very clear, but I could imagine someone else finding it slightly cold. My advice would be to get to know the doctor and give him a chance. ... Dr. Forman clearly explained all options. He patiently answered our questions. He was available to answer follow-ups over email, and responded to those very quickly. He was compassionate at all of our visits. I was glad that he was able to do the egg retrieval.
On the whole, I found everything [at Columbia University] very well run. My only note is that I needed to follow up on prescriptions being called in on time on two occasions. ... My primary nurse is Christine Helbo. She has been a great help--responsive and dealt with issues with the pharmacy in a timely way to make sure there was no interruption of my medication protocol. My care coordinator Gertrude Wilfred was professional and compassionate. Very well organized, and kept everything running smoothly. The rest of the staff--nurses, doctors, phlebotomists, technicians--were all very professional, helpful, and kind.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman has a calm, dry manner of presenting information. Personally, I appreciated that, as I found it very clear, but I could imagine someone else finding it slightly cold. My advice would be to get to know the doctor and give him a chance. He is a very kind and thoughtful person, just a bit of an introvert. :)
Dr. Forman was happy to explain everything about the treatment to me and to discuss our expectations. He also helped schedule treatments around my work travel schedule. He is always available to answer questions over email.
We first tried IUI with Clomid and Ovidrel. The second IUI we used Letrozole (and Ovidrel for trigger). Both were negative preg tests. Given my age (38) and my partners sperm quality (not horrendous, but not great), we then moved on to IVF. For the stimulation, we did Follistim (150/night) and Menopur (75/night) for 7 days (Follistim was upped to 200/night for the last three days). For the 6th and 7th days, I also took Ganirelix. On day 8, I did my trigger shot, and retrieval was morning of day 10. I think part of the rationale for the doses was my good ovarian reserve/AMH levels. 8 eggs were retrieved; 4 were mature; 2 were fertilized; and 1 made it to day 5 (blastocyst, good morphology). We did PGT for that one and it was normal. (Now just waiting for treatments to begin again before transferring.)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is very well organized. I have heard negative descriptions from former patients, but my experience has been positive. On the whole, I found everything very well run. My only note is that I needed to follow up on prescriptions being called in on time on two occasions.
My insurance covered about half of IUI costs. I believe out-of-pocket costs were about $450. For IVF, my insurance didn't cover anything. Cost estimate was ~$17K for monitoring, retrieval/lab, cryo; ~4K for FET; PGT was paid to a separate lab ($250/embryo+shipping).
Dr. Forman's recommendation was for eSET, in part because we did PGT. We agreed with that approach.

2019 - 2020
First and foremost, we could not be happier with Dr. Rudick. She is a very warm, very personable doctor who truly cares for her patients. In a city like New York where so many woman are trying to conceive, it's challenging to be there 100% for every single patient all the time. I understand that. Still, Dr. Rudick emails with her patients directly and she has a superb staff that steps in when she is with other patients.
Strengths: flexibility in scheduling, location, hours of operation, incredibly smart staff of nurses and doctors, availability during off-hours. Weaknesses: sometimes it was unclear about next steps with insurance ... Morning monitoring appointments were super quick, as described at the beginning of this process. I didn't think they would be as "in and out" as described, but they were and I super appreciated it.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Dr. Rudick cares about her patients and she's honest with them, even when it's hard to be honest or to deliver news that is not what the patient wants to hear. There were periods of time when I was not in touch with her directly, but I always knew that I could email her or schedule a visit.
My advice would be to always have an agreed course of action with Dr. Rudick and to make it specific.
Unfortunately, we had to start with IUI procedures before insurance would pay for IVF coverage. Dr. Rudick explained that this was standard, but I wish that we could have skipped over some of these cycles because it was a waste of time and money. I often wondered if Dr. Rudick could possibly do anything or advocate on our behalf to reduce the amount of times we had to endure IUI cycles. After they were finished, we moved onto IVF and while the first round was unsuccessful, we are hopeful that round #2 will work, once Columbia Fertility has clearance to re-open.
I can't possibly say enough wonderful things about Julissa Mota and the coordinating staff who work with Dr. Rudick. They are incredible communicators, very organized and super compassionate. It has been such a pleasure to feel their presence on this journey.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
IUI procedure ($550 per cycle) x 6 cycles = $3,300 IVF meds = $200 Retrieval: $550 Hysteroscopy: $550 Donor Sperm: $4,000 Transport fees: $200 Total: $8,800 (roughly)
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University.

PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Paula Brady] used ICSI and embryos were frozen as I suffered from hyper stimulation during the retrieval phase. Hence, transfer was done after one and a half month...she followed a very regular monitoring regime throughout the process...transferred single embryo as she advised it to be safe for us...She takes care of her patients at a very personal level and treats you more than a patient. She listens all of your problems carefully and try to resolve them, even the minutest of issues. She often called me personally on issues which may not be of great significance but in order to make me comfortable, she would always call me and reply my emails even on Sundays. Whenever, I used to contact her thinking of something as a huge issue, she would not only address it but made me comfortable. Throughout the procedure, she was with us as a doctor at a very personal level. She always welcome questions and makes her patients comfortable. She makes the whole procedure very comfortable, memorable and enjoyable. She ensures that she captures every moment of the journey for her patients. She is a wonderful fertility doctor and treats her patients with compassion and love and she is a real gem.
The clinic [Columbia University] is open even on holidays and weekends and they would never postpone anything scheduled for a given day. The wait time was minimum and staff was very friendly. The only small weakness I found was at times, there was a bit long waiting time for the after office hours emergency helpline...She [nurse] followed up on daily monitoring and briefed us about the ongoing process and next steps and would convey directions of the doctor. She was easily accessible...used ICSI and embryos were frozen as I suffered from hyper stimulation during the retrieval phase. Hence, transfer was done after one and a half month. Besides, she followed a very regular monitoring regime throughout the process.
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I wish I could rate her on a scale having numbers way greater than 10. She is above any scale that can measure her professionalism, dedication, commitment, concern, care and love for her patients. She studies her patients in depth and personalize the treatment based on each individual as she does not consider her patients as a number but as a human, who needs special care and attention. She would never ignore even the slightest of issues you are facing while going through the treatment. Throughout the process, I emailed her quite frequently on very basic issues and she would always address them in a polite way and often, I would receive a call from her personally addressing the issue. She makes the patients very comfortable, for example, I was having pain of injections and she resolved it in a very effective way. She takes the patient along on what is best for the patient professionally and she guides the patient on each and every issue although I know that most clinics and doctors never go in such details. We saw many fertility doctors for the last eleven years and went through many fertility treatments and emotional traumas and for most of the doctors, I was just a number and in time of failure, it was quite casual for them. However, Dr. Brady addresses very minute details like daily scans and readings quite seriously and would discuss with us. She is a very knowledgeable doctor and knows her work very well and then take her patients along that plan.
I would advise to trust Dr. Brady as she knows her work, being competent and knowledgeable and follow her each and every instruction very religiously, including timings and all other dos and dont's.
Dr. Brady is an excellent consultant and above all, a wonderful human being. She takes care of her patients at a very personal level and treats you more than a patient. She listens all of your problems carefully and try to resolve them, even the minutest of issues. She often called me personally on issues which may not be of great significance but in order to make me comfortable, she would always call me and reply my emails even on Sundays. Whenever, I used to contact her thinking of something as a huge issue, she would not only address it but made me comfortable. Throughout the procedure, she was with us as a doctor at a very personal level. She always welcome questions and makes her patients comfortable. She makes the whole procedure very comfortable, memorable and enjoyable. She ensures that she captures every moment of the journey for her patients. She is a wonderful fertility doctor and treats her patients with compassion and love and she is a real gem.
She used ICSI and embryos were frozen as I suffered from hyper stimulation during the retrieval phase. Hence, transfer was done after one and a half month. Besides, she followed a very regular monitoring regime throughout the process.
She followed up on daily monitoring and briefed us about the ongoing process and next steps and would convey directions of the doctor. She was easily accessible.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is open even on holidays and weekends and they would never postpone anything scheduled for a given day. The wait time was minimum and staff was very friendly. The only small weakness I found was at times, there was a bit long waiting time for the after office hours emergency helpline.
The doctor transferred single embryo as she advised it to be safe for us and we had no issue with that.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University.

2019 - 2020
Although I wsa sometimes frustrated with how long everything took, I believe in hindsight that Dr. McConnell made the best medical choices for us...she's knowledgeable, straight-forward and kind. She gets to know her patients and I felt like she was pulling for us the whole way. She was positive when we needed her to be, while also real about our concerns and drawbacks. Her communication wasn't always the best, regarding next steps and whatnot, but this might have also been because she expected her staff to be on top of this. I felt very comfortable in Dr. McConnell's care and always felt that I could go to her with questions. I would definitely recommend her.
The nursing staff at Columbia were excellent. I was particularly fond of Isabelle, the IVF nurse. She was incredibly competent and made me feel like I was in good hands. She was also very kind and I felt like I knew her better than the other nurses in the practice...Mostly the issues were communication related. The protocols were all followed and treatment went well...Monitoring appointments were busy, but manageable. The way they were set up was not well communicated at first, but after a few clarifications I figured it out (really this shouldn't have been necessary -- the system was simple, the directions, not so much). I think the staff handled things as well as they could.
How was your experience with Rachel McConnell at Columbia University?
Dr. McConnell is a good doctor -- she's knowledgeable, straight-forward and kind. She gets to know her patients and I felt like she was pulling for us the whole way. She was positive when we needed her to be, while also real about our concerns and drawbacks. Her communication wasn't always the best, regarding next steps and whatnot, but this might have also been because she expected her staff to be on top of this. I felt very comfortable in Dr. McConnell's care and always felt that I could go to her with questions. I would definitely recommend her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rachel McConnell at Columbia University?
Ask lots of questions. Even if it's after the appointment, she will always get back to you. A lot of things about this process took longer and were more complicated than I expected, so make sure you ask for details.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rachel McConnell at Columbia University?
The staff at Columbia was also very kind, especially at the Scarsdale office. I got to know many of them well and always felt well treated.
Describe the protocols Rachel McConnell used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Dr. McConnell suggested we start with IUI -- initially she suggested three, but we ended up moving on to IVF after the second was unsuccessful because Dr. McConnell noticed an issue with the sperm and she didn't think the 3rd IUI would be worth it. When we moved on to IVF she suggested PGS testing due to me being AMA. This was definitely worth it, as 5 of our 11 blastocyst stage embryos came back with issues that would not have made them viable. We did one transfer and, when that failed, she suggested we do an ERA to make sure that I was responding well to the medicine. Once that was confirmed, we moved on to our second transfer, which was successful. Although I wsa sometimes frustrated with how long everything took, I believe in hindsight that Dr. McConnell made the best medical choices for us.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
This is a very competent clinic, but they could benefit from a bit more organization and better communication. In particular, I would have appreciated more clear details about next steps in my treatment, so that I could set expectations. Also, while I was given a sheet of names and numbers of people to contact, this changed several times throughout my treatment and I was never completely sure who I was supposed to reach out to. I even wrote to them one time expressing my frustration and didn't receive any response -- this was very disappointing, especially considering what a sensitive subject this is.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rachel McConnell at Columbia University.
Around $5-10,000
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rachel McConnell at Columbia University.

2020
We only met [Dr. Paula Brady] once during the initial consultation. It was immediately clear that she placed me in a specific category based on very preliminary information. Maybe I caught her on a bad day but she did not have much bedside manner and was not very positive. There's reality and then there's just negativity...she responded to very few emails. It is very difficult to accurately rate someone with whom I had minimal contact. All follow-ups were handled by her team who were exceptional and the reason I stayed with Columbia Fertility.
Katrina [nurse at Columbia University] is outstanding. She follow-ups on every question and on any concerns. you might have. Dr. Brady's entire team is quite exception and definitely are a BIG part of her success. They make the experience with this fertility center well worth it...They are punctual and efficient. Some are friendlier than others but all are professionals. The weaknesses for me include the front desk: If a patient completes the electronic check-in why do they still have to provide their information again in this open setting. One representative is always friendly but the other not so much. She often seems annoyed. The other weakness is often feeling like just a number. I understand that they have a lot of patients but the experience is very individual. Having your dream realized should not be greeted with a certain layer of coldness and commonality when it is anything but that.
2020
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Again, I only saw her once and she responded to very few emails. It is very difficult to accurately rate someone with whom I had minimal contact. All follow-ups were handled by her team who were exceptional and the reason I stayed with Columbia Fertility.
If you want to have more direct interaction with her, you should voice this early on. This way if she cannot oblige, you know from the onset and can make an informed decision.
We only met once during the initial consultation. It was immediately clear that she placed me in a specific category based on very preliminary information. Maybe I caught her on a bad day but she did not have much bedside manner and was not very positive. There's reality and then there's just negativity.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Destiny)
Katrina is outstanding. She follow-ups on every question and on any concerns. you might have. Dr. Brady's entire team is quite exception and definitely are a BIG part of her success. They make the experience with this fertility center well worth it.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The strengths include their coordination. I never experienced a long wait with any appointment. They are punctual and efficient. Some are friendlier than others but all are professionals. The weaknesses for me include the front desk: If a patient completes the electronic check-in why do they still have to provide their information again in this open setting. One representative is always friendly but the other not so much. She often seems annoyed. The other weakness is often feeling like just a number. I understand that they have a lot of patients but the experience is very individual. Having your dream realized should not be greeted with a certain layer of coldness and commonality when it is anything but that.
Only for co-pays and for blood work that was sent to the wrong lab.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
that first cycle of IVF [with Dr. Grossman Becht] went really fast. My body seemed to have taken immediately to the medication; however after retrieving 7 eggs, only 2 embryos were good. I know she had the intention of switching things up for the second round of IVF but she left before we could start it...She was not a proponent of multiple embryo transfers...we were told that with advances these days, you only do multiples if you want to have multiples. It wasn't like before when doctors encouraged multiple embryos to ensure having one good birth.
Varda [nurse at Columbia University] was kind and supportive. Her email communications were not always intelligible but she was always happy to jump on the phone and clarify...The costs were outlined and explained to me on my very first consultation. My insurance covered 75% of everything...open 365 days a week and has early monitoring hours (7am). The entire staff was friendly and kind. The facilities were new, bright and welcoming. It is easy to get to on public transportation. Their labs come in quickly and you get a phone call or email the same day to tell you results and next steps. The accounts receivables team is also very competent and efficient. When I was confused about a bill, the agent was able to explain it to me so that I understood and then very kindly offered to set me up with a payment plan.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Lisa Becht at Columbia University?
Dr. Grossman was a clear communicator, had a kind voice and face and really made us feel optimistic and safe in her care. She didn't always perform procedures but touched base with us. She was a great doctor and we were sad so see her go when she moved to California.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Becht at Columbia University?
Don't be shy about asking her anything. She's a clear communicator and she's happy to answer your questions. And she has a way of making you feel calm and reassured.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Becht at Columbia University?
Dr. Grossman has a pleasant demeanor and my husband and I were immediately put at ease when we spoke with her. She answered all our questions and she reviewed our previous test results. We were so sad when we heard halfway through our treatment that she was leaving the practice to head another one in California.
Describe the protocols Lisa Becht used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
I don't remember any of the treatment strategies but I just remember that that first cycle of IVF went really fast. My body seemed to have taken immediately to the medication; however after retrieving 7 eggs, only 2 embryos were good. I know she had the intention of switching things up for the second round of IVF but she left before we could start it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda Souverain)
Varda was kind and supportive. Her email communications were not always intelligible but she was always happy to jump on the phone and clarify.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia Fertility is open 365 days a week and has early monitoring hours (7am). The entire staff was friendly and kind. The facilities were new, bright and welcoming. It is easy to get to on public transportation. Their labs come in quickly and you get a phone call or email the same day to tell you results and next steps. The accounts receivables team is also very competent and efficient. When I was confused about a bill, the agent was able to explain it to me so that I understood and then very kindly offered to set me up with a payment plan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Becht at Columbia University.
Describe Lisa Becht's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
She was not a proponent of multiple embryo transfers and we were not that interested in that anyway. We asked questions about it and considered it but we were told that with advances these days, you only do multiples if you want to have multiples. It wasn't like before when doctors encouraged multiple embryos to ensure having one good birth.
+ Read more- Read less

Don't rush to conclusions if she [Dr. Sinem Karipcin] appears very clinical. She is a very warm and sweet person. She is dedicated and competent...Dr. K. decided to change my treatment and drugs from what my previous doctor had done, so that my eggs would grow at an equal rate and there wouldn't be a variety of mature and not mature eggs during the retrieval. After that cycle of IVF rendered no good embryos, she changed things up again. Then we got 1 good embryo from that. Dr. K performed the embryo transfer and we are currently in our 5th month of pregnancy.
Everyone at Columbia was extremely friendly and compassionate, from the front desk receptionists to the technicians taking blood, to the nurses and care coordinators...When we tallied all the costs, after insurance we spent about 15K out of pocket. During our very first appointment, we talked to a financial adviser who clearly outlined the costs of all the procedures, ones covered and ones not covered, with our kind of insurance. We were satisfied with the outcome and the 15K was worth every penny.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
My husband and I met Dr. K after our previous doctor at the practice moved to California. We liked our previous doctor and were a little apprehensive about have to switch doctors, after we had successfully produced 2 embryos with our other doctor. Dr. K was very clinical when we first met her. She went over and explained some of the lab results that the previous doctor had done, which he hadn't seen before. She appeared very knowledgeable and while we might not have completely understood everything she was talking about, she definitely knew what she was talking about and that made us feel secure. Once treatment started, Dr. K was much more personable and human. She was very much invested in my treatment. She answered my emails promptly and was there during the major events in the treatment. By the end of the treatment, Dr. K was a trusted ally. My mother even came to our last appointment to thank her in person for all her help.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Don't rush to conclusions if she appears very clinical. She is a very warm and sweet person. She is dedicated and competent and that is what you want during a time like this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
I felt like a human. Dr. K at first was very clinical when we first met her. I think she was trying to be reassuring that we were in competent hands and that she knew a lot. We definitely felt like she knew what she was talking about. She went over the work ups and the previous egg retrievals we had undergone with the doctor she was taking over from. As the treatment progressed, she warmed up much more and I got to know her better at every blood or ultrasound appointment. If she wasn't the one doing the ultrasound, she would go out of her way to come in and look at the results before I left. She was very invested in my treatment. Once we graduated from the IVF treatment, my mother came to see her to thank her in person. We all hugged and took pictures. She is a special person and an amazing doctor.
Describe the protocols Sinem Karipcin used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
I can't remember everything but I do remember that Dr. K. decided to change my treatment and drugs from what my previous doctor had done, so that my eggs would grow at an equal rate and there wouldn't be a variety of mature and not mature eggs during the retrieval. After that cycle of IVF rendered no good embryos, she changed things up again. Then we got 1 good embryo from that. Dr. K performed the embryo transfer and we are currently in our 5th month of pregnancy.
Everyone at Columbia was extremely friendly and compassionate, from the front desk receptionists to the technicians taking blood, to the nurses and care coordinators. Varda was very personable and sweet. At times she was a little difficult to follow. Her emails sometimes contained typos or odd sentence structure which required follow up phone calls to make sure I understood what she was talking about. She was always available for clarifications.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
When my husband and I arrived at Columbia University, we were impressed with the offices and suites. It is a bright, clean, and welcoming place. The running of the office is very efficient. You never wait too long for routine blood work and ultrasounds. The hours were convenient (7am appointments). They are also open 365 days a year even on New Year's day. The nurses call or email you with next steps within the day. The medication orders are sent to the specialty pharmacy seamlessly. It's really a wonderful place.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University.
Describe Sinem Karipcin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
I believe her approach was to lean towards single embryo vs. multiple embryo, which was what we wanted too. She was very up front when we asked her about our chances of conceiving after the transfer was done. She offered to do an exam that would test my uterus to see if there was anything that might impede the transfer from being successful. We ended up not going with it. We just did the transfer and it worked.

2018 - 2020
Dr Brady strongly believes in single embryo transfer and made that clear in our initial IVF consultation...is compassionate clear and a honest with great bedside manner. I feel great under her care however she isn’t the doctor that always sees me when visiting...always makes sure we are comfortable with next steps before pursuing a treatment plan. She is optimistic but realistic which works well for my specific needs...Retrieved 4 eggs (no surprise at all that was predicted) 3 fertilized, one made it do day 6 blast Sent for PGS testing and is genetically normal Banking before transferring
[Columbia University is] Organized efficient friendly and well run...The billing department and insurance issues were a bit confusing and I didn’t feel like I had enough support on that end...I wish I’d get to see my specific dr at visits...Nurse and care coordinator are efficient but kind...The nursing staff is extremely efficient and professional but very kind and friendly...Work up bloodwork to check AMH,FSH levels and AFC since there was concern for DOR.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr Brady is a confident doctor who immediately put us at ease. She is compassionate, clear and a great communicator. Her bedside manner is wonderful and always makes sure we are comfortable with next steps before pursuing a treatment plan. She is optimistic but realistic which works well for my specific needs.
Understand that you are receiving care at a clinic and not a private practice
Dr Brady is compassionate clear and a honest with great bedside manner. I feel great under her care however she isn’t the doctor that always sees me when visiting.
Work up bloodwork to check AMH,FSH levels and AFC since there was concern for DOR. Once that was determined IUI with trigger was suggested Cycle pushed off several times due to hormonal imbalances Semen analysis MF diagnosis Oral medication trigger IUI resulted in negative Semen analysis One more IUI recommended before moving on resulted in negative Recommendation IVF/ICSI Estrogen patch luteal priming 250 gonal F 225 menopur Trigger Retrieved 4 eggs (no surprise at all that was predicted) 3 fertilized, one made it do day 6 blast Sent for PGS testing and is genetically normal Banking before transferring
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Initially Karen but now Katrina )
Nurse and care coordinator are efficient but kind The nursing staff is extremely efficient and professional but very kind and friendly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Organized efficient friendly and well run The billing department and insurance issues were a bit confusing and I didn’t feel like I had enough support on that end I wish I’d get to see my specific dr at visits
My insurance covered monitoring appointments and blood work as well as IUI All IVF expenses were Out of pocket Retrieval medications genetic testing total of 20K
+ Read more- Read less

Before doing another transfer, she [Dr. Sinem Karipcin] decided to test my uterine lining a step that felt like it was delaying us further and felt unnecessary. They discovered that I had endometritis which can take months to treat...When I finally tested negative for endometritis we got the green light from her that we could move forward with our 3rd embryo transfer. the day before our transfer Dr. Karipcin was nearly giddy telling us that she had chosen the best embryo for tomorrows transfer and she seemed as excited as we were!...She asked me and my husband personal questions about our travel plans, life, family. She took the time to get to know me and then REMEMBERED my answers and asked followup questions on later visits!
[Costs at Columbia University] Egg retrieval ~$17K...embryo transfer ~$5K...storage / freezing ~ $2K a year...Very clean, professional, efficient. It's like a beautiful well oiled machine. For first time patients, I would speak up if you have questions about the morning monitoring process! It can be daunting and overwhelming to start fertility treatment, and it is easy to forget what the next step is! They are always a call / email away to help...Nursing staff was attentive, organized and never made me feel like a "number" . Even something as routine as getting my blood drawn over and over, they always referred to my by name, complimented me, asked me personal questions, and gave me tips / tricks to make my blood drawing experience more enjoyable (which I always appreciated because I was usually tense!)
European, East Asian
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Dr. Karipcin is from Turkey and English is her second language. I was honestly biased at first and hesitant to try her. These were my own prejudices in my head, and once I was able to overcome that - I came to really appreciate and love her as my care provider. She made my husband and I laugh and never trivialized our process or journey (took up 4.5 years to get pregnant). She always respected our work / time constraints and never made us feel guilty about living very active and busy lives. Dr. K exuded confidence leading up to our transfer which definitely rubbed off on us! I believe it was Dr. Karipcin's positive and warm bedside manner that made our 3rd transfer more calm, positive, and successful than the previous two.
Don't judge her by her accent. She is very capable, caring and knowledgable.
When taking over my treatment from another Columbia doctor, Dr. Karipcin took the time to get to know me and my fertility past. She din't just rush in (even though I was impatient). Before doing another transfer, she decided to test my uterine lining a step that felt like it was delaying us further and felt unnecessary. They discovered that I had endometritis which can take months to treat. I was very frustrated and discouraged after this diagnosis. Following diagnosis I went through 4 rounds of antibiotics and uterine biopsies to try and get the inflammation of my uterus to go away. The process was long and daunting. When I finally tested negative for endometritis we got the green light from her that we could move forward with our 3rd embryo transfer. the day before our transfer Dr. Karipcin was nearly giddy telling us that she had chosen the best embryo for tomorrows transfer and she seemed as excited as we were! During the transfer my retroverted uterus was hard to see/ find on the monitor, so rather than guiding the catheter with the visual help of the ultrasound, she did unaided transfers off of feel and her past training at Cornell! We are now 8 weeks pregnant and going strong!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Egg retrieval ~$17K embryo transfer ~$5K storage / freezing ~ $2K a year medications ~$500 - $2K depending on stage
Dr. Karipcin said that due to my age, general health and past transfer success (none thus far) she wanted to continue to transfer one egg vs two.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University.

2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Williams took more of a clinical approach with us and I did not feel like they were playing a numbers game or just going through the motions with us. We walked through our plan by steps. ... It was never a check the box feeling I had when working with this office. I also felt that Dr. Williams viewed my health as a priority. ... Dr. Williams took a step back and ran test after test until we were comfortable with moving forward. I also felt that the office walked me through everything to make sure I understood the procedure.
The office [Columbia University] has done a wonderful job of keeping to schedule. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes during morning monitoring, even when there was a full waiting room. Staff always had smiles on their faces and you get to know the nurses well. ... I found it much easier to communicate with my nurse via email and would receive responses within 24 hours. ... They communicate all updates in a timely fashion.
2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Dr. Williams was exactly who we needed after an unsuccessful attempt at IVF with another clinic. Dr. Williams took more of a clinical approach with us and I did not feel like they were playing a numbers game or just going through the motions with us. We walked through our plan by steps. It was A to B. When we got to B we stopped assessed and moved to C. It was never a check the box feeling I had when working with this office. I also felt that Dr. Williams viewed my health as a priority. After my third miscarriage (2 natural, 1 IVF), another clinic said I should jump right into another cycle. I felt like something was missing and I needed to know that I was okay. Dr. Williams took a step back and ran test after test until we were comfortable with moving forward. I also felt that the office walked me through everything to make sure I understood the procedure. At another clinic I was told to watch youtube videos to figure out some stuff. It was just a different experience for me, and I feel lucky to have found Columbia when I did.
Dr. Williams is extremely sought out and very busy, but I never felt that he didn't get back to me. When I was going through setbacks, Dr. Williams would call me personally just to check up on my mental well being - he really truly cares. If I was unable to get a hold of him, my nurse was able to get the information I needed.
The office has done a wonderful job of keeping to schedule. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes during morning monitoring, even when there was a full waiting room. Staff always had smiles on their faces and you get to know the nurses well.
Dr. Williams stopped an IVF cycle Day 8 into meds as he felt I could get better results with a different attempt, so we switched to IUI that month. When we were ready for another IVF round, I was put on Chlomid, Menapur and Follistim. I never really had a reaction to meds, but this go around with the addition of the Chlomid I was super tired - exhausted. I never felt hormonally out of control, just tired and sleepy after the Chlomid so I started taking it right before bed instead of the morning.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
The staff at the office were very nice. I found it much easier to communicate with my nurse via email and would receive responses within 24 hours.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Its in a new space - spacious and very clean. I always felt comfortable during my visits. If you see a packed waiting room, don't fret, they are very organized and I never waited for monitoring more than 10 minutes. If I were waiting for my doctor that was a bit different and if they were running late they always told me. They communicate all updates in a timely fashion.
Cost of IVF with ICIS, PGD and transfer was around $22,000. Medication costs were approximately $5,000 per cycle.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Brady has been adamant about transferring one embryo at a time for the health and safety of both me and my future child. At this point, I only have 2 frozen embryos left and one didn't make it to the blastocyst stage until day 7 which apparently means it's of lesser quality. Dr. Brady previously mentioned transferring those last 2 together...has taken the time to really get to know me. She remembers everything that is going on with me, including in my life outside of fertility treatments, and checks in with me personally. I email her often with questions and she is always prompt to reply. When I had my first miscarriage, she seemed almost as upset as I was and offered a much needed hug. She is just personable and authentically human.
Monitoring [at Columbia University] occurs from 7am until 9:30am, 7 days a week...carries all the state-of-the-art equipment and it is a beautiful office. I don't think I would ever leave this clinic. All the doctors are super knowledgeable and professional and the rest of the staff is so friendly and warm. They all know me by name at this point and they seem genuinely interested in talking with me. The office is also very efficient. I never wait very long at all for morning monitoring or procedures. Everything about this place is great and I can't imagine going anywhere else.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I absolutely adore Dr. Brady. She is so thorough and thoughtful, always considering what more we can do to achieve a healthy pregnancy. She treats me as an intellectual equal and answers all my questions without ever rushing me or making me feel like my questions are silly. She was new to the clinic after my first round of IUI and I am so grateful to have switched to her care. I feel like she is fully invested in my case and always up to date on the latest research. Of all the doctors I have seen at the clinic, she is the most warm and personable. I seriously can't say enough about her. She is absolutely the best.
Ask all the fertility questions you have ever had! She will answer all of them!
Dr. Brady has taken the time to really get to know me. She remembers everything that is going on with me, including in my life outside of fertility treatments, and checks in with me personally. I email her often with questions and she is always prompt to reply. When I had my first miscarriage, she seemed almost as upset as I was and offered a much needed hug. She is just personable and authentically human.
With my first round of IUI, the Clomid caused ovarian cysts that took a while to go away. After that she switched me to Letrozole and I had no problem with it. When I began IVF, she monitored my follicles closely and raised the dose of Gonal-f and Menopur as she felt necessary. Considering my low reserve, I had a good egg yield during that cycle so she kept my doses the same during the next one. After my first round of IVF, I waited to do a frozen transfer and it didn't take so after the second round, we did a fresh transfer. All along Dr. Brady has been recommending that we do genetic testing of the embryos but we declined because of cost. In my first pregnancy, we had heard a heartbeat at 7 weeks and everything was proceeding normally. Then, when I went in for my last appointment with the clinic, Dr. Brady discovered at that time that the baby's heart had stopped beating. In disbelief, I asked the next day if she could check again and she invited me in and even had another doctor take a look. She recommended a D&C and testing of the contents of conception. The results of the testing showed that the baby had trisomy 9. I was grateful to know this as it helped bring closure to the loss. After that, Dr. Brady proceeded with additional testing (including additional blood panels and an endometrial biopsy) to make sure we cover all our bases before doing another transfer. I just lost my second pregnancy very suddenly at 6 weeks and when I informed Dr. Brady, she asked me to bring in the tissue I had passed so she could send it off for testing. She wants to schedule a meeting with my husband and I next week to discuss additional genetic testing and how we can try to prevent additional miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen)
Karen was my nurse until she left just recently. She always provided very clear instructions and seemed very caring. Her replacement seems a little less warm and less clear about instructions but I will see how she does moving forward.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
When I was a new patient, the clinic was just moving to a newly renovated penthouse office in the same building. The new clinic carries all the state-of-the-art equipment and it is a beautiful office. I don't think I would ever leave this clinic. All the doctors are super knowledgeable and professional and the rest of the staff is so friendly and warm. They all know me by name at this point and they seem genuinely interested in talking with me. The office is also very efficient. I never wait very long at all for morning monitoring or procedures. Everything about this place is great and I can't imagine going anywhere else.
Monitoring is super easy and fast. Monitoring occurs from 7am until 9:30am, 7 days a week. I am particularly grateful for the early hours because it takes at least 45 minutes to get from the clinic to my school (I am a teacher) and I can still make it to work on time if I go in at 7am. Since everyone at the clinic is always so pleasant and friendly, it's not a bad way to start the day. They really make it painless to have to get up a little earlier to go to a monitoring appointment before work.
Each procedure has been different so it's difficult to say what each cost has been. Also, my insurance covers some parts of treatment. So far, we have spent around $5,000 total.
Dr. Brady has been adamant about transferring one embryo at a time for the health and safety of both me and my future child. At this point, I only have 2 frozen embryos left and one didn't make it to the blastocyst stage until day 7 which apparently means it's of lesser quality. Dr. Brady previously mentioned transferring those last 2 together so I am going to follow up with her about that the next time I see her.
+ Read more- Read less

The clinic itself [Columbia U] is clean and comfortable. The environment is one in which you feel comfortable.The only downfall is the morning monitoring. The timing sometimes conflict with my work schedule so if you have to be monitored before work I would suggest arriving as early as possible. They are however willing to accommodate you if you arrive after the monitoring window. The clinic is easily accessible in the city by various meth6 of transportation
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is very open about the treatment protocol. I underwent 3 transfers at a different clinic and neither resulted in pregnancy. I was frustrated and seeking advice from someone other then the doctor o was seeing who's only recommendation was to proceed with another embryo transfer w/o knowing why they kept failing. Dr. Forman was the only person I encountered who opened up other options for me.
Eric Forman may seem standoffish but I've come to realize that's just his personality. He seems a bit of an introvert. He does however know fertility and takes extra care to ensure you feel comfortable. Without Dr. Forman offering other options I would never have come to learn new things about myself and my fertility.
Eric Forman was very open and honest during our consultation and I didnt feel like he was reciting a speech like every other doctor. Dr. Forman goes out of his was to answer all emails and questions even on Sundays when no one van be reached. I appreciate his transparency.
I've just recently started seeing Dr. Forman however I already feel comfortable with him. After multiple failed transfers he was the only person who offered me an option. Instead of pushing me to proceed with another transfer that could potentially fail and result in losing my last embryo he suggested an new test to measure my receptivity to the transfers and it turns out that I needed more time on progesterone than my previous doctor was aware of. All of my transfers were being done too soon.
The nurses are always kind and always seem to put my nerves at ease.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic itself is clean and comfortable. The environment is one in which you feel comfortable.The only downfall is the morning monitoring. The timing sometimes conflict with my work schedule so if you have to be monitored before work I would suggest arriving as early as possible. They are however willing to accommodate you if you arrive after the monitoring window. The clinic is easily accessible in the city by various meth6 of transportation so finding it isnt a problem.
I've only done testing this far but I believe s round of IVF was quoted around 16K.
Dr. Forman advised that because of my age I should only transfer 1 embryo. We havent gotten to the tra sfer process yet but I trust his judgment and if the next transfer fails he said he is open to discussing the possibility of transferring more then one.
+ Read more- Read less

I never felt like a number with Dr Forman. At the beginning of your treatment he sits down with you and takes a long time to explain everything. You never get the sense that his mind is elsewhere. I will admit that during IUI cycles, we got a bit less of his attention....Once we made the decision to start IVF I did feel we got a bit more attention from Dr Forman... Dr Forman is very blunt. Not in a mean way, he certainly is very compassionate, but you can tell he is a man with an analytical mind.
The space [Columbia U] is very beautiful and feels high end, which I appreciate since you really do spend so much time there. It’s nice that they have a clean and modern office. The front desk staff had a few hiccups. One of the receptionists had a nervous laugh which always felt insensitive given the gravity of what we’re dealing with. There can be a lot of chatter and giggles at the front desk sometimes, which also feels inappropriate given their surroundings.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr Forman is very blunt. Not in a mean way, he certainly is very compassionate, but you can tell he is a man with an analytical mind. He never inflated probabilities and was always honest about what the chances for complication were. He is readily available by email and phone if needed. I always felt that we were dealing with a very smart man and that we were in good hands
Don’t expect a ton of attention with regards to the IUIs. Dr Forman even admitted to me that they don’t expect them to work (which I had always suspected, anyway.) however, with regards to IVF he takes it much more seriously
I never felt like a number with Dr Forman. At the beginning of your treatment he sits down with you and takes a long time to explain everything. You never get the sense that his mind is elsewhere. I will admit that during IUI cycles, we got a bit less of his attention. I think this is probably standard and I had to remind myself that while this is my entire world, he is dealing with many patients. Once we made the decision to start IVF I did feel we got a bit more attention from Dr Forman
I have unexplained infertility. The only hiccup in my bloodwork was borderline hypothyroid, so we started on Synthroid right away. For my first cycle we did clomid and an IUI. My uterine lining was thin as a side effect of the clomid so for the second cycle we switched to letrozole. After we decided to try IVF we did an SHG test. I had done an HSG 6 months prior, but he wanted to make sure everything looked normal before starting IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine )
Like Dr Forman himself, Christine becomes a bit more available when you decide to do IVF. she is very sweet and compassionate, but can sometimes be hard to chase down
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The space is very beautiful and feels high end, which I appreciate since you really do spend so much time there. It’s nice that they have a clean and modern office. The front desk staff had a few hiccups. One of the receptionists had a nervous laugh which always felt insensitive given the gravity of what we’re dealing with. There can be a lot of chatter and giggles at the front desk sometimes, which also feels inappropriate given their surroundings. Sometimes I was told by the doctor or nurse that the front desk would have information that they didn’t and I felt like the front desk would rely on me to know what it was I needed to sign or pay for. I think the staff at the front could use a little extra sensitivity and professionalism training.
IUIs were $660 flat. We had no IVF coverage so it was about $14,000
Dr Forman doesn’t believe in transferring multiples in my age range. He says the risk of miscarriage and complication is higher and I believe him
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Brady was always attentive and gave full responses to all my questions. She would always respond to all my emails even on after hours. She was always personal and super sweet.... Dr Brady was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, supportive, compassionate, never judging and always sweet. She was always in touch and her entire team was on top of everything. We were always updated the same day after our appointment. I didn't have to follow up or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for us.
We had an amazing experience. First of all the whole place had a positive and light energy. The entire stuff was always smiling. We never had to wait to long or be confused on what's next. After such outstanding level of care and professionalism I decide to switch all my doctors to Columbia doctors!...The entire stuff was always helpful. Everyone was on point I didn’t have to remind or explain anything to anyone.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
We didn’t know what to expect when we first decided to go to the fertility center. But honestly it all went so smooth and hustle free. I had no confusion I knew what to do next every step of the way. This was probably the most non-overwhelming doctor experience I ever had. After several months we had a successful IVF in the first try :) Every doctor we worked with was incredible but our favorite by far was Dr Brady. We are definitely coming back for baby #2 :) Dr Brady was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, supportive, compassionate, never judging and always sweet. She was always in touch and her entire team was on top of everything. We were always updated the same day after our appointment. I didn't have to follow up or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for us.
Dr Paula is fantastic but regardless of the doctor it is still lengthy and emotionally draining procedure. Just be patient it won't happen over night.
Everybody is different and after several IUIs and continuously monitoring my ovulation we learnt some things about my body which helped us to address when we arrived to the final step IVF.
The entire stuff was always helpful. Everyone was on point I didn’t have to remind or explain anything to anyone. It felt like everything was done for me. No stress no confusion. All my emails and questions were answered in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Our insurance covered 95% of everything. We only had to pay some small fees here and there.
I agree with the hospital's policy, multiple embryo transfer may cause complications. One healthy baby at a time.

10 Eggs Frozen
I did two retrievals with Dr. Rackow. The first did not get the result we expected and when I was ready to try again, Dr. Rackow thoroughly discussed with me what had happened clinically and what our plan was moving forward. She wanted to get another AMH level and I was hesitant because I didn't really want to know if it was rapidly declining. When my AMH was actually better than it was previously, she called me to personally share this good result. I always felt like she was actively invested in my care.
Nurses [at Columbia] were both knowledgeable and compassionate. I think a big strength in this second cycle was that the nurses switched to primarily e-mail based communication instead of phone calls. This was much more efficient and also gives the opportunity for nervous patients like myself to confirm details by referring to the e-mail later...This clinic is EFFICIENT! But does so without losing the personal experience. Seeing consistent staff is really comforting, including front desk, phlebotomists, and sonographers. All staff were consistently warm and professional. Also they are VERY on top of patient identification and labeling. I was ALWAYS asked to confirm name and DOB at every step.
10 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Beth Rackow at Columbia University?
Dr. Rackow is very compassionate and is willing to discuss all the details of treatment with her patients. While I didn't get to see her as much during my second cycle she still communicated with me during the process. She adjusted the approach after an initially disappointing first retrieval, and we had a much better result.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth Rackow at Columbia University?
Do not be hesitant to ask any and all questions initially. She was very willing to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth Rackow at Columbia University?
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
Nurses were both knowledgeable and compassionate. I think a big strength in this second cycle was that the nurses switched to primarily e-mail based communication instead of phone calls. This was much more efficient and also gives the opportunity for nervous patients like myself to confirm details by referring to the e-mail later.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth Rackow at Columbia University.
$6,300, not including anesthesia. Plus costs of meds.
Beth Rackow
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Beth Rackow at Columbia University.

I felt that Dr. Forman actually knew me as an individual. He remembered and acknowledged details about both my medical history and personal life. He took time to write me emails on his own time to check in with how I was feeling when my husband and I received negative news after a TESE procedure....I would say Dr. Forman leans more towards the blunt end of sharing clinical information and doesn’t shield his patients from any potential risks or poor outcomes that can be scary to hear. If it seems off-putting initially, just know he truly does care and made that known to me through his diligent follow up and never forgetting any details of my case.
The clinic [Columbia] is beautiful, newly renovated and clean. I usually did not have to wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. The workers at the front desk and friendly and happy to assist with any issues/concerns...They [nursing staff] were very compassionate and quick to share results. They also responded quickly to any questions/concerns sent via email... I do not have any insurance coverage but thus far am pleased with the lack of excess charges I’ve received. I think costs are consistent with the average and I’m still waiting for some bills to roll in. However they helped when they could and even waived one charge.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is not only kind and compassionate, but also extremely knowledgeable and does not leave any details to mystery. At times, his explanations felt verbose and overwhelming but I suppose that is a natural feeling in this situation. He is happy to answer any and all questions and will repeat information as much as you need him to. He is very easy to contact. He always let me know when he will be away and responds to emails within a few hours.
I completed one IUI cycle with Dr. Forman. I used Clomid followed by an Ovidrel injection prior to insemination. During this process I was frequently monitored by ultrasound to assess my eggs and blood hormone levels. This continued after a positive pregnancy result to monitor the embryo until I was discharged from his care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Gertrude Wilfred & Christine Helbo )
They were very compassionate and quick to share results. They also responded quickly to any questions/concerns sent via email.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is beautiful, newly renovated and clean. I usually did not have to wait more than 10 minutes to be seen. The workers at the front desk and friendly and happy to assist with any issues/concerns.
Unfortunately I do not have any insurance coverage but thus far am pleased with the lack of excess charges I’ve received. I think costs are consistent with the average and I’m still waiting for some bills to roll in. However they helped when they could and even waived one charge.
+ Read more- Read less

I saw Dr. Rudick for an initial consultation for future egg freezing as well as a full workup. I appreciated my one-on-one consultation with Dr. Rudick for her thoroughness and care in explaining the procedure and rationale to me. I felt that she didn't dilute or in any way gloss over any relevant information, which was important to me....I'm in the beginning stages for egg freezing. Dr. Rudick and I discussed medications in general terms as well as PCOS and my past blood results, and I would like to have heard more specifics, but this is something that I will follow up on. She was thorough and thoughtful in explaining the procedure and rationale.
I'm still learning to navigate the clinic's system [Columbia University]. I think more specific information and follow-up up front would be helpful.... There was an initial confusion around which blood tests I was supposed to take. I expected the first consultation to be fairly straight forward, but when there was a small confusion, they did ask and clarify for me. There is also a billing issue that we are currently sorting through, though I would've appreciated more concrete information up front.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
I'm still learning to navigate the system of this clinic and it might've been helpful to ask the doctor more about that. But our one-on-one interaction was good.
Dr. Rudick was thoughtful and thorough in her explanation and also listened to my questions with care.
I'm still in the beginning stages, so I had only one blood draw so far. The nurse was thoughtful in asking me if I wanted to lie down (before even knowing if I was sensitive to having blood drawn). There was a bit of a clarification needed about which tests I was taking, but that issue/miscommunication wasn't the fault of the nurses.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I'm still learning to navigate the clinic's system. I think more specific information and follow-up up front would be helpful. I went to a previous clinic for the initial consultation where I was given much more detailed information right from the get-go in terms of logistical matters, and this clinic feels a bit hands off so far, but again, I'm just starting, so perhaps that will change once I'm further into the process.
Still being determined.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Dr. McConnel has a warm and direct bedside manner. She is very knowledgeable and factual and will answer any and all questions, but she is also caring and conveys enough warmth and compassion as she shares options, test results or the like. She always calls me personally with information to share about my results, particularly when they are difficult like when the last PGS testing resulted in no viable embryos....As we progressed through 3 IUIs she suggested the option to move towards IVF but I didn’t feel pressured by her at all. She gave us all the information we needed to make the big decision and was willing to work with anything we wanted to do.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Rachel McConnell at Columbia University?
When we first met Dr Mc Connell I was immediately at ease with her and felt in good hands because of her vast knowledge about her area of expertise. She answered all our questions and made sure to get every preliminary test done so that we could have all the information we needed to move forward. As we progressed through 3 IUIs she suggested the option to move towards IVF but I didn’t feel pressured by her at all. She gave us all the information we needed to make the big decision and was willing to work with anything we wanted to do. After two IVF cycles, I inquired about donor eggs as well and she gave me all the information about that process, even though we weren’t ready to take that step yet. Another thing I really appreciate about Dr McConnell is that she always goes out of her way to be the one to do my morning monitoring if she is in the office. It’s a big office and for monitoring I don’t always see her, but I appreciate that she looks out for me and is there when she can be. We have developed a nice relationship and we are able to joke and connect as people not just as doctor and patient. I trust her expertise completely and I feel very lucky that I found her on my first try with a doctor. I will say that I don’t particularly need a doctor who is gushingly warm so Dr McConnell is great for me. She is sensitive when needed but tends to be very matter-of-fact which I appreciate, but I mention here because some people really might want a more warm bedside manner.
I would advise any prospective patient of Dr McConnell to ask any questions they have because she is more than willing to answer and fertility treatments can be daunting and there is so much to learn.
Dr. McConnel has a warm and direct bedside manner. She is very knowledgeable and factual and will answer any and all questions, but she is also caring and conveys enough warmth and compassion as she shares options, test results or the like. She always calls me personally with information to share about my results, particularly when they are difficult like when the last PGS testing resulted in no viable embryos. She is not pushy and is willing to go along with the ideas I suggest as well as help me understand what other options are available. I have appreciated her warm candor a lot.
The first three cycles I did a basic IUI protocol with Clomid and a trigger shot. Dr McConnell has diagnosed me with low ovarian reserve, a blocked Fallopian tube and some male factor infertility in my partner but she wanted to start with a least invasive procedure and work up. I appreciated this because it also eased me into the treatments and shots as the IVF cycles we did later were much more involved. When we did our first IVF I was on Gonal-F, Menopur and later Cetrotide to prevent premature ovulation al followed with a Gonadotropin trigger shot. We did subcutaneous injections for everything - except the trigger shot. This first retrieval yielded 3 eggs but none made it to blastocyst stage. The second retrieval cycle we did a similar protocol but she upped the Gonal-F dosage to 450 from 300 units. That time we got one embryo and did a transfer supported by Oral Estrogen and Progesterone shots. The transfer was unsuccessful. We went back in for a consultation and decided to adjust some things for the third round including doing all shots intramuscularly - which Dr McConnell said could possibly increase absorption rates. In addition to the Gonal-F and Menopur, the third time she added Lupron shots. This time we retrieved 5 eggs and 3 made it to blastocyst but after PGS testing unfortunately none were genetically normal so there weren’t any to transfer. If we had done a transfer however, Dr McConnell had gotten me going on a mock transfer cycle to test my uterine lining with an ERA procedure to give us more information about the quality of the lining so that we could adjust the dosage of Progesterone or estrogen as needed to get the lining ideal for implantation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina )
I was assigned Nurse Katrina as my care coordinator and she was great. She would always return my calls quickly and was very helpful with any questions I had during the process. All the nursing staff I encountered at this office was great.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The Columbia Fertility office is awesome! They average length of my morning monitoring appointments was about 20mins which I really appreciated because I can have an appointment at 7 and still get to work by 8. They assigned me a person for financial questions, a nurse care coordinator, and someone to help with pharmacy issues. There was always someone I could ask to get any question answered. They are always friendly and I am on first name basis with a few of the receptionists and phlebotomists. I feel very comfortable there and welcome and really at home there. Even though they have so many patients they really try to make you feel welcome.
This is all very relative to the patient’s insurance but for me I usually had a $25 copay for the morning monitoring. The IUI costs were largely covered by my insurance per NYS law. I had a few balances I had to pay but it wasn’t much. I also had three rounds of IVF covered through my husband’s insurance, so there were costs associated with that, but again not all out of pocket. The PGS testing was a separate $3000 to a company each time and we had some other costs associated with freezing some of my husband’s sperm due to his travel in zika areas.
Describe Rachel McConnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr. McConnell had a strong preference for transferring only a single embryo with my situation. I think it makes the most sense because I have only gotten one viable embryo after three transfers. She also doesn’t think that there is enough evidence that multiple embryo transfer increases chances. For me it wasn’t a big deal because I didn’t get many embryos anyway, but I can see this being an issue for others.
+ Read more- Read less

I like that all emails sent from the facility [Columbia University] are secured, and only the Fertility Clinic has access to see your medical records regarding your treatments. ... the Front Desk team that worked during the weekdays are super nice with patients and are always in a great mood. They are very proactive and kind. ... Julissa Mota [nurse] was phenomenal with me! She was very kind and understanding during my whole process at the facility.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Dr. Rudick was absolutely amazing with my husband and I during this whole process! Ever since, I read her online Overview and saw her introduction video on the Columbia OB/GYN website, I knew that Dr. Rudick was the right doctor for me. I appreciated how she showed compassion for her patients and their experiences. I always appreciated how kind Dr. Rudick was, but mainly, she was incredibly knowledgeable and made me feel very confident about her work during my visits and treatments in the clinic. Dr. Rudick always educated both my husband and I during our visits at the facility and guided us during the whole process. Lastly, Dr. Rudick was always accessible for questions and concerns. She was very responsive to my emails, which was much appreciated when I wasn't feeling well or was experiencing symptoms from my treatment. I was very happy, and I am very thankful for Dr. Rudick's work.
I felt that I was treated like a human with Dr. Rudick because she was very kind, understanding and empathetic.
From what I can remember, I did a few tests at the beginning of my visits to ensure I was in the right track, such as checking my hormone levels, a brain MRI, blood work, genetic tests, etc. After these initial tests, I was prescribed to take a small amount of Cabergoline once a week to balance my prolactin levels. My blood work and uterus were screened frequently in order to see my progress. During my first IUI try, I took Clomid, and for the last two IUIs, I took Letrozole which I was able to get pregnant with. On the 3rd IUI, I was able to get pregnant with twins :)
Julissa Mota was phenomenal with me! She was very kind and understanding during my whole process at the facility. Julissa also speaks Spanish which is my mother tongue language, and that made it easy for me to communicate with her. Julissa was very responsive with emails and phone calls. She was great in following up with me in a great timely manner and kept me in the loop about my test results and next steps. The whole nursing team was super nice and empathic during my visits at the clinic. They always tried to life my spirits, which I appreciated. Also, the Front Desk team that worked during the weekdays are super nice with patients and are always in a great mood. They are very proactive and kind.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The facility has an elegant look and is on a private floor. I did like that the office is located in Midtown Manhattan, which makes it easy for many New Yorkers to get there. Also, I like that all emails sent from the facility are secured, and only the Fertility Clinic has access to see your medical records regarding your treatments.
During my visits at the facility, I had two insurance, Aetna and Empire BlueCross BlueShield, and they both covered my IUIs treatments, etc.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Dr. Forman absolutely takes the time to sit down with you hear your story and explain his hypothesis. Even before you start explaining, he shows he has studied your medical history thoroughly. When contacting him, he always know perfectly well who you and your partner are and is on top of thing 24-7.... He´s straightforward in a way in which you understand perfectly well what you are getting into and have realistic expectations of what´s to come. He explains every detail with patience and takes all the questions you want to ask.
Columbia University Fertility Center is absolutely great. The place itself is spacious, full of light, super clean. The staff have everything organized and coordinated perfectly. There can be days (Fridays) when it gets a bit crowded, but, in general, it´s rather calm and respect your times. I am very surprised with their punctuality and how well organized everything is.... The nursing team is great, they´re efficient, they make you feel safe and at ease.
European, Latino
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman takes time to evaluate and analyse each patient´s particular history and needs. He´s straightforward in a way in which you understand perfectly well what you are getting into and have realistic expectations of what´s to come. He explains every detail with patience and takes all the questions you want to ask. He´s very professional, serious, and gained our trust since day one.
Take advantage of the fact that he answers all his emails within an hour. Ask every doubt you have, he´ll be there.
We started out with a medium dose of Clomid, ater having tried Letrozole with my general Ob-Gyn before with no reaction at all. The response with Clomid was slow but there was a reaction and had my ovulation induced with Ovidrell and an IUI performed two days later. I am still waiting to know the results.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Until now, we have only spent about $2000 out of pocket, but our insurance is covering most of it, about 90% of it up until now.
We haven´t gotten to that on my case but he has pointed out that he prefers single ebryo tranfer to reduce risk of multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Forman was my 3rd fertility doctor after going to other IVF clinics in NYC. His level of personal attention and detail is amazing. He never rushes you and takes a lot of time to answer your questions. He really took a lot of time to understand why my IVF response was poor to make a customized plan for me ... Dr Forman took a lot of time to read through my reports and understand our case.
Overall, we had a great experience at Columbia. Strengths: you need to schedule your monitoring appointments, so I never waited too long for my ultrasound/ blood work, the front desk is very friendly and helpful and the clinic is very clean. Weaknesses: sometimes things can appear a bit disorganized here as they are so busy. They are also very simple and don't have any of the fluff like other clinics like bottled water, snacks, etc.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is truly amazing. I had previous IVF treatments at 2 different clinics across NYC and went to Dr Forman after being suggested to go for an egg donor with my previous clinic. Dr Forman took a lot of time to read through my reports and understand our case. During our 1st visit, he told us that we are too young and early in our journey to give up and can try different protocols. I went through 2 IVF cycles with Dr Forman and he changed the protocol during each cycle to try something new so that it could give me a fresh chance to get more embryos due to poor egg quality. Even when we were undergoing our transfer process, he insisted we try a natural cycle transfer protocol instead of doing the usual medicated ones to see if it helps increase our chances. Dr Forman's communication is immaculate! I never had to wait for more than an hour to get his response via email.
Listen carefully to what he says and trust his judgement and ability to try something new.
With my previous IVF cycle, I did not get any embryos due to poor egg quality. During our first IVF cycle, Dr Forman reduced the dose of Menopur for the first few days to help curb my estrogen levels since my eggs were maturing too early leading to poor egg quality. The cycle lasted a few more days but he wanted to ensure that the follicles were a good size and did not mature too early before retrieval. I was able to get 1 day 6 embryo from this cycle. With my 2nd IVF cycle, Dr Forman tried the long Lupron protocol to help improve egg quality. I was doing a micro dose of Lupron for about 2-3 weeks before starting actual IVF medication. This cycle gave us 2 embryos. We then did the ERA test since we had 2 failed transfer cycles with our very first IVF treatment at another clinic. Dr Forman wanted to make sure that we were transfering the embryo at the right time since some women have shifted windows of implantation. The test came back at the right window for previous transfers. Dr Forman then decided to do a natural cycle transfer for us to try something new and see if it works better with my body this time.
Christine was my nurse and care coordinator and she was great. She always followed up with my instructions on time and was very prompt with answering all my questions and putting in medication requests.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We went to Dr Forman after 2 IVF cycles at other clinics. So we had already met our deductible and out of pocket, so our insurance covered most of it. Some high level costs we paid for are: Medications - $900 Embryo freezing - $1200 Embryo thawing - $700 Monitoring - $250 (combining all co-pays) ERA test - $800 (not covered by insurance)
Dr Forman has a vert strong preference to transfer only 1 embryo if you are &lt;35. I wanted to transfer all 3 embryos due to previous failed transfer but he strongly advocated for 1 embryo transfer since he thought it was very risky to transfer multiple ones.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Forman was a kind and gentle man who was incredibly well informed, well trained and handled all communications and procedures with great attention and care. From our initial meeting to our most recent, he has taken the time to review all our concerns, teach us the necessary science and let us work through the options. I feel we were in charge of the decision(s) we made and always felt I was informed.
Columbia Fertility is a wonderful practice. I felt like a dignified, respected patient. It wasn't like some clinics I have heard of where the lobby is always packed like some kind of baby-making factory. Everyone who works at the front desk is happy and helpful. The practice is clean/modern and well run.... Christine was a delight to work with. Very communicative throughout the process and kind during our many visits!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
IVF is always a choice. There is a huge amount of pressure, when seeing a fertility doctor, to get pregnant as soon as possible--but making each decision with your partner, without pressure from anyone else is very important.
Dr. Forman and his staff were very kind, informative, educated, clear and concise. They treated me just the way I treat others!
We elected not to move to IVF treatment just yet. My fiance has male factor infertility that could potentially be solved through surgery. As I am young and in good fertile health, we elected to wait to pursue IVF until after the surgery is complete and hopefully the sperm quality is much higher quality.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine and Gertrude)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Dr. Forman and his practice took our insurance. So the costs were not too bad for the variety of tests we needed. We didn't choose to pursue IVF just yet--so we weren't hit with the huge IVF+ bills.
Dr. Forman said he rarely transfers multiple embryos (only in extreme cases). At first I wasn't aware that single embryo transfer was preferred due to the increased risk to mother and child--but after learning a great amount during the course of our journey, I would not see a doctor who regularly practiced multiple embryo transfer.

IVF, Egg Freezing
Uterine Fibroids, Other
She [Dr. McConnell] is very warm and smart. You gain a sense of co fidence and reassurance when speaking with her. I appreciated that she took her time to explain concepts and reviewed our concerns with us one by one. ... I am still in process but given our later age dual miscarriages and the fact that we are able to get pregnant IVF with genetic testing. (PGS) was recommended.
I wish they [Columbia U] would expand the capacity of the portal so that we play less phone tag and increase clear and direct communication. Warm staff and a hopeful one which is especially needed during stressful times. I like the ancillary service connections they make too (acupuncture) ... The billing person did not receive the message that we wanted to pay using possibly an alt insurance. It was not processed so we got a whopping bill for one test. TRhis was disappointing
IVF, Egg Freezing
Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Rachel McConnell at Columbia University?
She is very warm and smart. You gain a sense of co fidence and reassurance when speaking with her. I appreciated that she took her time to explain concepts and reviewed our concerns with us one by one.
Bring your questions with you that you could sister ahead of time and while there. She is readily available when in front of you and welcomes your questions. After she leaves the room you work with staff so it can be some phone tag getting back to her. So ask away when you have face to face time!
Human I felt mostly. It is a busy practice so one should be prepared with questions and ask while she’s there. Her spirit is warm and she took her time. Her staff always tried to help me but sometimes info was lost in the process of transfer. The postal does not post results yet so you may play phone tag I. Getting someone on the phone to review. However everyone was warm
I am still in process but given our later age dual miscarriages and the fact that we are able to get pregnant IVF with genetic testing. (PGS) was recommended. Hatching service will be done as well. We also did the genetic testing prior to starting IVF cycle We learned that my husband has one gene for a disorder that could be passed to embryo however because I did not carry this we are not at risk. She was frank about the fact that he did not require testing if we wanted to save money but that it might delay our schedule 3-6 weeks. With this knowledge we were able to move ahead. She was frank that she did not know the cost of this test if paying or of pocket. We ended up with a whopping bill bit we should have followed up with the financial folks PRIOR to leaving office to learn details and if we wanted to proceed. We will freeze embryos that are not implanted for future use. She was nonjudgmental about our decisions on what to do with embryo we do or do not use which is key since it’s a very sensitive matter.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina and angela)
They are very willing to speak to us especially by email which I appreciated. When trying to reach by phone that is very difficult of you miss the call and have to call them back. Lots on phone tag. But I am fingind email best. I wish that I had access to results and more explanation on interpretation. However the portal does not provide this so that you have to request results more easily when in the office itself. Once they write the instructions down it became more easily understood otherwise I found the info jumbled. So I appreciated written and a call. I was emailed but missed the time sensitive email. This I almost missed a months schedule from this miscommunication so I would have appreciated receiving a call to inform me that en email was sent of they hadn’t heard back in 48-72 hours. This is especially for time sensitive matters. In general they are a warm and excited staff and that makes a big difference
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I wish they would expand the capacity of the portal so that we play less phone tag and increase clear and direct communication. Warm staff and a hopeful one which is especially needed during stressful times. I like the ancillary service connections they make too (acupuncture)
Still ongoing. I dont have that much insurance coverage. So I believe it will be about $24,000. I had considered a more affordable center but the wait times were significant and the level of o ersight was diminished
We appreciated the fact that she reviewed the research about the services provided and allowed us to understand the science behind the number of embryos to be transferred at my age and risk factors
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Rudick is probably the nicest doctor I've met. She is not fake nice, she is just a genuinely nice person. She is also really smart and has taken her time with us during our one on one meetings. However when I see her for my sono's I don't get to ask her questions. That said, the doctors are super busy and its not so called meeting time.... She is compassionate and relatable. However, I did feel a bit lost, like why am I doing what I am doing. What is the reason, why 1,2, or 3 IUI's, why not something else.
Columbia has a great new office in the same building that they were in but in the penthouse now. The place is soothing, clean, and nice to wait in. The wait times have drastically decreased. The morning appointments are super fast. They are quite organized, I've just seen a bit of line once. The front desk women are lovely. Always smiling and supportive. Overall my experiences there have been good. Hope it stays that way.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Dr Rudick is probably the nicest doctor I've met. She is not fake nice, she is just a genuinely nice person. She is also really smart and has taken her time with us during our one on one meetings. However when I see her for my sono's I don't get to ask her questions. That said, the doctors are super busy and its not so called meeting time. Things haven't really gone our way this time round, by this time round I mean that I have been able to conceive through this clinic once before. Our insurance was not great and it took forever for us to get our diagnostic stuff taken care of, it was also very confusing, we changed our insurance but apparently didn't tell billing in time, just told the front desk. One would think front desk would tell billing but that is not the case. This delayed our start date for treatment. We did way too many IUIs, couple of which we did because we were under the impression that the IVF lab was closed for the whole of Jan. And then we realized that we could have still kicked off a IVF cycle since the labs do open by the second half of the month. A lot of this information was hazy and unclear. I feel we've lost a lot of time because of a lot of factors, none of which are directly related to Dr Rudick.
She is compassionate and relatable. However, I did feel a bit lost, like why am I doing what I am doing. What is the reason, why 1,2, or 3 IUI's, why not something else. Is this related to my age, something else? I feel that if I asked questions I would get an answer but if I didn't I wouldn't really know why I was doing the treatments I was. A reason for this could also be because we have unexplained infertility and there are routine treatments for that.
Dr Rudick always makes me feel like a human. Columbia as a clinic has changed a lot in the past 3 years as well. I went there to conceive my first child in 2016 and it was a mess. It feels quite congenial now. That could be also because they see me day in and out. Conceiving our second child has been a longer and a more arduos process than the first one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Julissa)
The care staff has been great. The nurses I have been working with (Julissa and Katherine(?)) are both super compassionate lovely people.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We are paying out of pocket for IVF and medication. All of IUI procedures and costs were covered. They don't have a payments plan for IVF by the way. I thought I read a review saying that they did.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Forman provided us with such individualized care! He has a great memory and remembers everything detail of your treatment. Whenever I had a question or concern, he would email me back usually within half an hour. Truly amazing for such a busy doctor!!...He is so calm and kind and was always honest with us but at the same time always gave us hope! He is very knowledgeable. We went to him after 3 chemical pregnancies. Dr. Forman suggested we try a “natural” transfer cycle, as my cycles are regular - and it worked!! No other doctor had ever suggested this. He is always available for questions and concerns and really treats you like a human being.
I would always be a nervous wreck at work waiting for my BHCG blood results but they [nurses at Columbia University] always emailed me back so quickly so I wouldn’t have to be nervous all day!...Clinic is brand new. Beautiful and very calm atmosphere. Lots of light and neutral colors. The exam rooms are clean and they give you actual cotton sheets to cover yourself with - not those paper ones. The receptionists and blood technicians were always friendly and lovely as well!...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is a genius! He is so calm and kind and was always honest with us but at the same time always gave us hope! He is very knowledgeable. We went to him after 3 chemical pregnancies. Dr. Forman suggested we try a “natural” transfer cycle, as my cycles are regular - and it worked!! No other doctor had ever suggested this. He is always available for questions and concerns and really treats you like a human being.
You will be in very good hands!
We did a supplemented natural frozen embryo transfer. Lining thickened on its own (without estrogen pills), triggered ovulation with Ovidrel and took progesterone suppositories 3x a day after that.
Our nurses Christine Helbo and Melissa Podolak were also amazing. I would always be a nervous wreck at work waiting for my BHCG blood results but they always emailed me back so quickly so I wouldn’t have to be nervous all day!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Visits covered by insurance (only kid copay) Out of pocket pay for transfer -about 2,600.
Dr. Forman supported either decision of 1 vs. 2 embryos as our embryos were untested - but my husband and I decided to transfer 1.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other
I felt Dr Rackow took special attention to my case and would contact me personally to discuss important aspects of my treatment plan rather than her nurse in most cases...is extremely professional and has a very practical approach. She doesn’t sugar coat anything and can at times this can be viewed as a tad be rough around the edges but I actually liked it. It kept me grounded and I felt very informed about what to expect. During the time she saw me she was out of the office for personal reasons so my first two frozen transfers were done by other Drs in the office. My case was unique (as with most) but ultimately the Dr’s who handled my case identified what was the best course of treatment for a successful outcome.
Because this is affiliated with Columbia the billing dept is massive and at times very confusing if you speak to the general hospital staff. I would recommend only speaking to the fertility center billing department to avoid confusion...I really liked my nurse Tiffany. She was always responsive, sincere and communicated to me who her coverage was when she wasn’t in the office. The coordinator was not always consistent as I think they had turnover in this role quite a bit when I was there. The nurse team was better...In my scenario it was not recommended to do eSET due to my previous corrective surgeries.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Beth Rackow at Columbia University?
Dr Rackow is extremely professional and has a very practical approach. She doesn’t sugar coat anything and can at times this can be viewed as a tad be rough around the edges but I actually liked it. It kept me grounded and I felt very informed about what to expect. During the time she saw me she was out of the office for personal reasons so my first two frozen transfers were done by other Drs in the office. My case was unique (as with most) but ultimately the Dr’s who handled my case identified what was the best course of treatment for a successful outcome.
Ask tons of questions and don’t be a shamed to ask more than once.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Tiffany)
Very easy and convenient from 7-9 am
My insurance covered $20k for fertility which covered 1 egg retrieval and 1 FET. The meds alone cost $16 k. The remaining 2 cycles & related treatments I had to pay out of pocket which was an additional $20k.
Describe Beth Rackow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Beth Rackow
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
After our first cycle, we were a bit disappointed for getting only 2 healthy embryos...I was in my mid 30s and started with 27 eggs...the temptation to just get on with it and try to do a transfer was there. Dr. Brady pushes us to 1) so another cycle to get more embryos. 2) put me on birth control to better sync up my eggs. We got a much better result the second time- 5 healthy frozen embryos. Now we are pregnant but also will likely not have to go through the shots again to complete our family!
The nursing staff [at Columbia University] was good but could definitely improve only by paying closer attention to detail sometimes and being a bit more proactive. For example, as we waited for PGS testing results, it was around the holidays and things took longer than usual. I would have loved to get an update more proactively to manage my expectations about how long it would take...This place was a well oiled machine! Everything was pretty organized and you never really waited that long. After a certain time, you can’t get through to them through the main line. Having your nurses email and direct line is really important. The location was super practical for me with the frequent visits too.
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr. Brady was the kind of doctor that worked so hard for the positive outcome that she would change her own schedule around to make sure she was there for each milestone. She would reply to emails so quickly it blew my mind away! She was an absolute joy to work with and I would definitely go see her again for my second child.
Go see her NOW!
Dr. Brady was so warm. She remembered details about me from visit to visit, always had a smile on and took the time to answer my questions.
After our first cycle, we were a bit disappointed for getting only 2 healthy embryos. I didn’t understand why as I was in my mid 30s and started with 27 eggs (a really good number I thought). Also, the temptation to just get on with it and try to do a transfer was there. Dr. Brady pushes us to 1) so another cycle to get more embryos. 2) put me on birth control to better sync up my eggs. We got a much better result the second time- 5 healthy frozen embryos. Now we are pregnant but also will likely not have to go through the shots again to complete our family!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Karen )
The nursing staff was good but could definitely improve only by paying closer attention to detail sometimes and being a bit more proactive. For example, as we waited for PGS testing results, it was around the holidays and things took longer than usual. I would have loved to get an update more proactively to manage my expectations about how long it would take.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
My care was covered by insurance. I paid very little OOP.
2016 - 2019
During our time with Dr Grossman, there was a period of over a year that we took off, and when we came back, she remembered details about our lives like she was an old friend when other doctors elsewhere had forgotten my name in a week's time...is kind, empathetic and always rooting for you. To more cynical personalities, this could seem inauthentic/fake, but it's not—she never wavers in her positive attitude, but is realistic and action-oriented in her care.
Columbia is a bit of a zoo... I think the staff is wonderful, from the front desk to the phlebotomists to the nurses and doctors. At the same time, I found myself feeling frustrated and lost in the shuffle. If you do not speak up and advocate for yourself, you will likely feel the same...Varda [nurse] was great. Very matter of fact, but also very empathetic. I felt like I had access to her via email and phone (during office hours) and could count on her to get me whatever information I was looking for.
2016 - 2019
East Asian, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with Lisa Becht at Columbia University?
Dr. Grossman is kind, empathetic and always rooting for you. To more cynical personalities, this could seem inauthentic/fake, but it's not—she never wavers in her positive attitude, but is realistic and action-oriented in her care.
Do not be shy to ask questions. When you have her, her time is yours, but it can be hard to get in touch with her at other times, with you needing to go through her nurse or coordinator.
Dr Grossman is incredibly warm and friendly. While Columbia is a bit of a zoo, whenever I saw or spoke with her, time slowed down and she was present, engaged and eager to listen and answer questions. During our time with Dr Grossman, there was a period of over a year that we took off, and when we came back, she remembered details about our lives like she was an old friend when other doctors elsewhere had forgotten my name in a week's time.
Two failed IUI cycles: one with Clomid, and another on Letrozole when Clomid resulted in a thin lining. Responded well to both. One IVF cycle: Menopur and Gonal F with Cetrotide. I had a lower response than I had hoped with just 7 eggs, 5 of which made it to blast, and 2 of which ended up being normal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda)
Varda was great. Very matter of fact, but also very empathetic. I felt like I had access to her via email and phone (during office hours) and could count on her to get me whatever information I was looking for.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia is tricky. I think the staff is wonderful, from the front desk to the phlebotomists to the nurses and doctors. At the same time, I found myself feeling frustrated and lost in the shuffle. If you do not speak up and advocate for yourself, you will likely feel the same.
covered by insurance
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Becht at Columbia University.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
I did one IUI cycle with a double IUI (two IUIs performed 24 hours apart) with Letrozole and Progesterone suppositories. This was after having done 2 unsuccessful IUI cycles with Clomid. Dr. Forman said that he used Letrozole because it tends to work better with patients with endometriosis. I have not technically been diagnosed with endometriosis but its suspected because of a 3cm cyst on my right ovary that appears to be an endometrioma.
I loved every aspect of the Columbia Fertility clinic. It felt small and personalized without feeling overly exclusive or anything like that. I felt incredibly well taken care of at every step, like people recognized me and cared about ME specifically and were rooting for my success. Very very humanizing.... Christine was amazing! My interaction with her was primarily via email and she was incredibly responsive and helpful with all my questions.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is great, very measured and thoughtful. He's definitely reserved meaning he's cautious about being overly positive OR negative and really takes things one at a time. I wouldn't say that he and I are besties, but I did feel incredibly well taken care of at every step of the way and never EVER felt pressured to move forward faster than I was ready he for. Instead, my experience of Dr. Forman is that he's incredibly thorough and takes his time, meaning that he really considers the options, tries different things, and lets you decide what you're ready for.
Ask lots of questions! But also rest assured you're working with a great doctor. Oh and when they say you can email them they REALLY mean it, Dr. Forman and his nurse would get back to me SO fast even on weekends.
Dr. Forman and the whole Columbia Fertility center were SUCH a breath of fresh air. I had been going to RMA before where I very much felt like a number, not a human. At Columbia the office is small, the wait time is non-existent, and even though it can be busy it always felt, at every single step of the way, like every person cared about me and making sure that I was being taken care of in all ways, physically and emotionally. I really can't say enough good things. It was SUCH a good, relaxing, reassuring experience going there.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
$300 or so in insurance co-pays, VERY reasonably priced.

6 Eggs Frozen
I felt I could really trust her [Dr. Sinem Karipcin]. I felt safe during treatment and egg retrieval. She did the egg retrieval herself and saw me before the procedure and after, which I thought was very thoughtful. My experience with her could not have been better...I decided to freeze my eggs because I have a very busy professional life. I was a bit scared of going through that process alone (without a partner) but Dr. Karipcin made it easier. She was supportive, understanding, helpful with her medical opinions. I felt blessed for having her as my doctor. She is the best and I was sad to see her go. Her new patients will be very lucky to have her.
My insurance covered all the costs of treatment at Conceptions Florida...a very busy clinic but everyone in the medical team is very attentive and responsive. I did 2 cycles of egg freezing and both times the experience was good. The billing/accounting department, however, was not as clear and responsive as the doctors. The practice administrator at the time (2018) was not very responsive. I always had to email her several times before getting a response from her.
6 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Trust her. She will really do what is best for you.
Dr. Karipcin not only is extremely knowledgeable in her field, which was something very important for me, but also very personal and respectful. She always carefully and patiently listened to all my concerns about treatment, procedure, and what to do during and after. She answered every single question I had (which were a lot) in simple terms to make sure I understood, which I greatly appreciated. I felt I could really trust her. I felt safe during treatment and egg retrieval. She did the egg retrieval herself and saw me before the procedure and after, which I thought was very thoughtful. My experience with her could not have been better. She is a great doctor and a great person.
They were very personable, responsive, accomodating, and knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Conceptions Florida is a very busy clinic but everyone in the medical team is very attentive and responsive. I did 2 cycles of egg freezing and both times the experience was good. The billing/accounting department, however, was not as clear and responsive as the doctors. The practice administrator at the time (2018) was not very responsive. I always had to email her several times before getting a response from her.
My insurance covered all the costs of treatment at Conceptions Florida
+ Read more- Read less

Dr Forman was amazing, he was realistic about the chances of conception through each step but also encouraging and supportive which kept us going during 2 rounds of IUI with negative pregnancy tests at the end of each. He thoroughly explained all the options and steps of all procedures. He made himself available by email which for me was my preferred method of communication and he responded extremely quickly to any questions I had. The egg retrieval and transfer went as smoothly as you could hope for, I couldn’t recommend him more.
Communication with the financial team [at Columbia University] has been challenging, it’s frequently hard to get a response even with follow up and we’ve had several issues with invoices. No issues with scheduling or any other administration...The nurses were great, I was always seen quickly...IUI was $700 flat and monitoring appointments were able to be billed through my insurance. We received a NY IVF grant, we paid $7000 up front and the balance of the monitoring appointments not covered were billed through my insurance.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Don’t hesitate, we are in love with our beautiful baby girl who wouldn’t be here without Dr Forman.
Dr Forman made sure we understood everything that was happening, he thoroughly explained all the procedure steps and he was directly available by email and phone for any questions I had during treatment. During transfer he made sure I had copies of the implantation scan and even gave me the egg dish to take home which I really appreciated, it made it feel less clinical.
My husband and I both went for fertility testing including blood tests, semen analysis and an HSG. We were diagnosed with male infertility but it was determined that IUI could still be successful. We had 2 rounds of IUI that resulted in 2 negative pregnancy tests. Following this we had 1 round of IVF with 3 day transfer which resulted in our baby girl. Dr Forman also referred my husband to a urologist who specializes in male fertility.
The nurses were great, I was always seen quickly.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Communication with the financial team has been challenging, it’s frequently hard to get a response even with follow up and we’ve had several issues with invoices. No issues with scheduling or any other administration.
My insurance provided no coverage for fertility treatments.IUI was $700 flat and monitoring appointments were able to be billed through my insurance. We received a NY IVF grant, we paid $7000 up front and the balance of the monitoring appointments not covered were billed through my insurance.
The determination to do eSet vs multiple was made based on my age, we also only had 1 viable embryo following the retrieval.
+ Read more- Read less

When we had our initial consultation, Dr. Williams carefully listened to us, paid attention to every detail, reviewed our medical records and explained to us that our initial diagnosis was wrong ! ... Dr. Williams has a very out of the box open minded approach when diagnosing his patients. He has a brilliant mind and a kind heart. ... He works very gently and has refined bed side manners. ... He made sure to give me a call back even on days the center was closed
Columbia University Medical Center is a nice place, staff is polite and friendly. office looks clean and busy, they offer very flexible appointments the atmosphere is very calm and relaxing, in general I was very satisfied wit the service I got in Columbia University Medical Center. ... Laura is a wonderful RN with a very pleasant personality, she is responsive, understanding and gets things done swiftly. Laura is a excellent communicator between you and your doctor. Her smile is pure sun shine !
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
When we had our initial consultation, Dr. Williams carefully listened to us, paid attention to every detail, reviewed our medical records and explained to us that our initial diagnosis was wrong ! we had a few other medical professionals review our case in the past. He was the "firs one" to realize that we were off track and misled. Dr. Williams has a very out of the box open minded approach when diagnosing his patients. He has a brilliant mind and a kind heart. He analyzes a situation from every angle and possibility before customizing your treatment plan. He patiently addressed our concerns and answered all our questions in a clear sensible way. Although he is very realistic and careful not to promise, he gave us a sense of security and hope.
Give your doctor as much information as you can. When it comes to diagnosing and treating infertility "small" details matter, "big time!" Also, don't be shy to ask. understanding whats going on puts you ease,
Not only we were treated human, with dignity, patience and respect, we always felt priority ! Dr. Williams genuinely cared for our success. He always took the time to explain things making eye contact while he spoke. He works very gently and has refined bed side manners. He made sure to give me a call back even on days the center was closed, Dr. Williams went a long way, beyond his call of duty, to ensure my safety and well being. Dr. Williams is one of a kind, both, as an expert in his medical field and in being a devoted, dedicated doctor.
Two rounds antibiotics, vitamin D, aspirin
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Laura Lodico)
+ Read more- Read less

We came to Dr. Williams after a number of miscarriages. He started off by reviewing all the repots from our previous Doctors. ... Dr. Williams is very intelligent and always informed with the latest studies. ... Dr. Williams was very polite to us, he made us feel that he has all the time for us. He explained every detailed until we understood it. He explained the process and steps. We felt very comfortable, knowing that Dr. Williams is monitoring every step of the way just as if we're his only patient.
The Clinic [Columbia University] is a well kept and calm environment. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The documents are very organized, prescriptions are sent directly to the pharmacy for on time delivery. It's easy to get in touch with a doctor or nurse, everyone is there to help you and make you feel important. ... Laura [nursing staff] was always there for us, if we had any questions we knew that we can rely on Laura.
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
From the minute we got to know Dr. Williams, we were delighted, because he showed us that he is here for us, and will be with us along the journey. Dr. Williams is very intelligent and always informed with the latest studies. His bright insight in every situation, gave us the feeling of trust. He knows each patient and follows up with them.
If you want to have a Doctor that won't leave a stone unturned, meet Dr. Williams.
We came to Dr. Williams after a number of miscarriages. He started off by reviewing all the repots from our previous Doctors. He took multiple blood tests and monitored the sugar levels. Then he did a Sanagram to try to identify the cause. The cause he identified was a combination of blood clotting that were around the embryo and high sugar levels that didn't allow the placenta to connect properly to the embryo. I was put on a low carb and sugar diet and baby aspirin. I was monitored until he confirmed that it was a safe and successful pregnancy.
Laura was always there for us, if we had any questions we knew that we can rely on Laura.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The Clinic is a well kept and calm environment. The staff is friendly and accommodating. The documents are very organized, prescriptions are sent directly to the pharmacy for on time delivery. It's easy to get in touch with a doctor or nurse, everyone is there to help you and make you feel important.

Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
I think the strength [Columbia] of the clinic depends on what doctor you get—Dr. Williams always made you feel like a priority but some of the clinic staff did not seem entirely organized or thorough. That being said, they were always friendly. The facilities may not be as nicely furnished or new as other centers, but there is definitely a lot of human talent within the walls...Laura was thorough and positive from the beginning. Like Dr. Williams, her approach to her role was more of an ally than a nurse. I felt that with each positive result, she was cheering us on!
Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Dr. Williams always explained our treatment thoroughly and set expectations for possible outcomes. Although you can see that he has a brilliant mind, he was always patient with our many questions, offering insight into the hows and whys of each step. But more than anything, he treated my husband and I like the family we were trying to become—like two parents for whom he would help find answers rather than two people who were trying and failing at making a family. It’s a subtle difference but the effect is that we felt at all times that we had an ALLY rather than just a PHYSICIAN. A Physician might tell you why you keep losing your keys. An Ally helps you find them. Dr. Williams never had an observation that he didn’t quickly follow with a plan and a “what questions do you have for me?” I had to have two corrective surgeries and several other procedures in between to diagnose and correct my Asherman's—and through each one, he helped us maintain hope. When we conceived our daughter (only 9 months after meeting Dr. Williams for the first time!) I’ll always remember how he congratulated us: “You’ve got some really exciting milestones ahead!’
Bring your data and know your clinical history—Dr. Williams brilliantly connected a sensitivity to gluten (that I was completely unaware of!) as a potential cause for some of my earlier miscarriages. He will ask you everything, even things that don’t seem associated as he rules out possible causes—so be open, honest and as thorough so as to help him as much as possible!
Doctor Williams and his nurse, Laura, truly understood my feelings of desperation for help and helplessness because my husband and I had experienced 11 miscarriages and a neonatal loss and had no answers as to why. They both treated us with urgency, and from the very first consultation, outlined a plan of tests that would help us find answers, and ultimately, hope. Within one week of meeting Dr. Williams for the first time, he had figured out the source of our infertility (Asherman’s syndrome) and had scheduled the first surgery we needed to work on correcting it! Within 6 months, the corrective procedures had been completed and we were ready to try again—and WITHIN ONE YEAR, we were pregnant with our daughter who was born months later! After five years of pregnancies, and other fertility doctors who would not treat us for fear that we may skew their success numbers after so many unexplained losses, Dr. Williams took us as patients—understood our grief and responded with compassion and hope. We have a family now because of him.
I believe we began with testing for various auto-immune and sensitivity disorders as well as genetic testing on past embryos and my husband and I. Then a hysteroscoopy revealed scar tissue and lesions inside the uterus. Two further adhesolysis procedures followed with baloon insert and rounds of estrogen following to regrow uterine lining.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I think the strength of the clinic depends on what doctor you get—Dr. Williams always made you feel like a priority but some of the clinic staff did not seem entirely organized or thorough. That being said, they were always friendly. The facilities may not be as nicely furnished or new as other centers, but there is definitely a lot of human talent within the walls.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Dr. Williams always made eye contact when he spoke to me, and I felt as though he was constantly assessing my emotional reaction to whatever information he was giving me....Although Dr. Williams is absolutely brilliant in his field of expertise, he is also extremely humble. He treats his patients with genuine empathy and a unique sensitivity....One Round of Antibiotics - due to Chronic Endometritis (low grade uterine infection which can inhibit fertility and/or cause miscarriage) Operative Hysteroscopy for Asherman's Syndrome - to remove moderate scarring which was found on my cervix and inside my uterine cavity Vitamin D supplementation Folic Acid supplementation Baby Aspirin + Lovenox Injection - due to an ACE Gene Mutation Metformin - due to insulin resistance
When you walk into Columbia Fertility, there is a sense of calm about the place. It seems as though there was a lot of thought put into the way the space is structured - lots of natural light, open airy spaces, soft music in the background and an overall beautiful decor....I must note that when you are trying to reach a nurse or a secretary by phone, there is usually some waiting time, and you do get transferred around a bit...their online patient portal to be severely lacking - appointment summaries and test results are never posted....Laura [nurse] was a great liaison between us and Dr. Williams. She was always the one to call us with results, and she made sure that we understood each step of our protocol.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Although Dr. Williams is absolutely brilliant in his field of expertise, he is also extremely humble. He treats his patients with genuine empathy and a unique sensitivity. At times, it almost felt as though Dr. Williams was being more sensitive to our emotional needs than we ourselves were being. We always felt that he was truly listening to us with his full attention. His kindness can also be seen in the way that he treats his staff - always introducing the nurses by name to the patient, and always talking to them in a respectful manner.
Have a list of questions ready, because he will be willing to answer them all.
One Round of Antibiotics - due to Chronic Endometritis (low grade uterine infection which can inhibit fertility and/or cause miscarriage) Operative Hysteroscopy for Asherman's Syndrome - to remove moderate scarring which was found on my cervix and inside my uterine cavity Vitamin D supplementation Folic Acid supplementation Baby Aspirin + Lovenox Injection - due to an ACE Gene Mutation Metformin - due to insulin resistance Prometrium (vaginally) - due to low levels of progesterone in the early weeks of my pregnancy
Laura was a great liaison between us and Dr. Williams. She was always the one to call us with results, and she made sure that we understood each step of our protocol. She was the one that we reached out to whenever a question came up, and she was never more than a phone call or email away... and always with a smile!
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
When you walk into Columbia Fertility, there is a sense of calm about the place. It seems as though there was a lot of thought put into the way the space is structured - lots of natural light, open airy spaces, soft music in the background and an overall beautiful decor. There never seemed to be more than 5 or 6 other patients waiting in the waiting room, which made me more comfortable taking the time I needed with my doctor, without having to worry about holding up a waiting room full of angry patients. I had some insurance issues in the beginning, but I found the billing department to be very accommodating, and they did their best to help straighten it out. I must note that when you are trying to reach a nurse or a secretary by phone, there is usually some waiting time, and you do get transferred around a bit which can be frustrating. I also find their online patient portal to be severely lacking - appointment summaries and test results are never posted.
+ Read more- Read less

The doctor who is primarily assigned to you doesn't even do your transfer. ... Dr. Grossman as an individual is compassionate and friendly. She also explained as much as she could when we saw her. The issue was that we barely saw her for such an important event in our life. ...I went through the egg retrieval process (which was an nightmare. they [Columbia University] overstimulated me and doubled the dose of hormones). ...
It's [Columbia University] a money making machine. There is no customization in terms of adjusting hormones. ... You don't see your doctor regularly for ultrasounds or blood work. ... Before a vacation they didn't call in the right amount of hormones ... They barely have time to remember people except for 2 nurses who were above average. ... The clinic processes about 40 women an hour in the morning
How was your experience with Lisa Becht at Columbia University?
Dr. Grossman as an individual is compassionate and friendly. She also explained as much as she could when we saw her. The issue was that we barely saw her for such an important event in our life. I believe this is a negative consequence of the clinic and not her.
Just avoid Columbia in total.
The clinic processes about 40 women an hour in the morning. The doctor who is primarily assigned to you doesn't even do your transfer. So you get to know "your" doctor, but then you have a random doctor do the transfer.
My husband's first sperm analysis came back with results that he had extremely low sperm count. Columbia referred us to a urologist they recommended, who ended up being completely disorganized and disappointing. Since he has such low sperm count we should've pursued a competent urologist path in the first place, but Dr. Grossman said we'd be ok doing IVF as long as we had a few sperm to work with. I went through the egg retrieval process (which was an nightmare. they overstimulated me and doubled the dose of hormones). I could barely walk the two days preceding my egg retrieval process and they got 33 eggs from me (way above normal). We had to wait a month for first transfer because my ovaries were overstimulated and had to calm down. The first transfer was done by a random doctor, and failed. Our second transfer was done by another random doctor (who used a completely different procedure) and failed.
It's a zoo in there. They barely have time to remember people except for 2 nurses who were above average.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
It's a money making machine. There is no customization in terms of adjusting hormones. You have to go 3 times a week and they must process 50 women within 90 minutes. You don't see your doctor regularly for ultrasounds or blood work. We sat down with Dr. Grossman twice throughout the whole process. The fact that 2 different doctors did our transfers and used 2 different procedures for the transfer confused us. There should be consistency at least in that area.
we paid 20% of total costs.
No comments here.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Forman had carefully read our medical history before meeting with us....During the consultation, he took the time to listen to us, review any medical data we had brought with us, and explain various details of the anticipated procedures to us, weighing different options and providing a clear treatment plan tailored to our specific situation. ...he was eager to hear our story, and provided us with ample opportunities to ask any questions we might have. He also gave us his e-mail address and answered any e-mail within 24 hours.
The clinic actively takes part in research performed at Columbia University, which means that it remains at the forefront of the field. Treatments provided are state-of-the-art. Besides the expertise, sensitivity and kindness of the staff, the clinic facilities provide a welcoming surrounding...The care coordinator called a week before our first appointment to make sure that we submit our new patient questionnaire ahead of time, so that Dr. Forman would have the time to review our case before meeting with us. The nurse, Christine, was very helpful, providing us with a checklist of additional diagnostic tests required and talking us through the advantages and disadvantages of genetic testing. The nurse who took our blood was very diligent, competent, and friendly.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
When we left Dr. Forman's office, both my husband and I felt imbued with confidence that we were in good hands. He had taken the time to carefully review our medical history and data, and explained to us potential treatment paths with their advantages and disadvantages, concluding with the best option for our situation. All the while he was eager to hear our story, and provided us with ample opportunities to ask any questions we might have. He also gave us his e-mail address and answered any e-mail within 24 hours.
Dr. Forman had carefully read our medical history before meeting with us. On our first visit, a doctor in training attended our consultation, but before leading us into the room, Dr. Forman asked us in a sensitive manner whether this would be ok with us. It was clear that we had the choice to say no and that this would be accepted and respected. During the consultation, he took the time to listen to us, review any medical data we had brought with us, and explain various details of the anticipated procedures to us, weighing different options and providing a clear treatment plan tailored to our specific situation. He directly organized for us to meet with different members on his team to address various aspects of the treatment, and take blood samples for additional diagnostics. Everyone on his team was completely focused on us and our needs, and acted in a calm and efficient, yet supportive manner.
We are at the very beginning of treatment. Since my husband has azoospermia due to blockage, the anticipated treatment would require sperm extraction, egg extraction, ICSI, and finally IVF. Dr. Forman suggested not to perform both the sperm and egg extractions on the same day, in order to prevent me from having to undergo invasive treatment should the sperm extraction not yield the desired results. Dr. Forman also suggested some strategies to save both time and money, which was very much appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Gertrude)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Dr. Forman suggested implanting a single embryo only, as he was confident that given my values this should not be a problem. He said that if we were to perform genetic testing on the embryo pre-implantation, this would allow us to determine whether any of the generated embryos might not be good for implantation, thus raising the chances to obtain a successful pregnancy after implanting just one embryo.

Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Dr. McConnell is brilliant and also kind and comforting throughout what can be a very anxiety-producing process. She is patient with me and answers all of my questions, and I never feel rushed...She is knowledgeable and compassionate. I highly recommend her...I mainly see her in the Westchester office, but I have been to the new Manhattan location as well and it's amazing!!
I am so glad that I chose to use Columbia when my husband and I struggled to conceive. Dr. McConnell is brilliant and also kind and comforting throughout what can be a very anxiety-producing process. She is patient with me and answers all of my questions, and I never feel rushed...They [nurses] are very kind and thorough and answer all of my millions of questions...the patient financial coordinator is wonderful and helps with every step of the financial aspect of treatment. She responds to emails immediately.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Rachel McConnell at Columbia University?
She is knowledgeable and compassionate. I highly recommend her. I mainly see her in the Westchester office, but I have been to the new Manhattan location as well and it's amazing!! I had an appointment with Dr. Forman once when Dr. McConnell was out of the office and he seemed great as well. The process of scheduling appointments is seamless, and I adore all of the nurses, secretaries, and phlebotomists I have interacted with.
Be proactive. Ask any questions you have.
They are very kind and thorough and answer all of my millions of questions;
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I am so glad that I chose to use Columbia when my husband and I struggled to conceive. Dr. McConnell is brilliant and also kind and comforting throughout what can be a very anxiety-producing process. She is patient with me and answers all of my questions, and I never feel rushed. I mainly see her in the Westchester office, but I have been to the new Manhattan location as well and it's amazing!! I had an appointment with Dr. Forman once when Dr. McConnell was out of the office and he seemed great as well. The process of scheduling appointments is seamless, and I adore all of the nurses, secretaries, and phlebotomists I have interacted with.
My insurance covered everything, but the patient financial coordinator is wonderful and helps with every step of the financial aspect of treatment. She responds to emails immediately.
+ Read more- Read less

The clinic [Columbia University] is beautiful, you’re always greeted. They have coffee, tea and water for you while you wait. They even sometimes play relaxing music. The clinic is always clean. The waiting area, the rooms and bathrooms are well kept. They provide anything you need to freshen up...The nursing staff was amazing. They communicated well and were very pleasant...Dr.Rudick was welcoming which made me more comfortable since I had a bad experience from my first fertility doctor. She also asked me what I will like to do as far as treatment. She gave me all my options and broke them down to me. She also got a chance to talk with my husband who’s a trans man. She gave us insight on fertility in the LGBTQ community. She’s been nothing but amazing so far.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Dr. Rudick will communicate very well with you. She will even email you if to make sure you and her on the same page.
My first time meeting Dr. Rudick we went over my fertility records. She asked questions and also listened to me. The first clinic I went to I didn’t get none of that. They barely spoke to me about my failed IUI’s and didn’t even try to see why it wasn’t working.
I haven’t gotten a chance to have a cycle with her yet. She ordered an SHG test which discovered I had Fibroids so I had to undergo two surgeries to remove them. I’m currently recovering now from the 2nd one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University.
The nursing staff was amazing. They communicated well and were very pleasant.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is beautiful, you’re always greeted. They have coffee, tea and water for you while you wait. They even sometimes play relaxing music. The clinic is always clean. The waiting area, the rooms and bathrooms are well kept. They provide anything you need to freshen up.
So far I haven’t gotten any fertility treatments because of the surgeries. But I was told the cost if my insurance don’t approve me for IVF.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Rudick impressed me early on as being both intelligent and attentive. She is very thorough and very quick to get what’s on my mind. She made me feel positive and gave me confidence. I also appreciate her attention to detail and willingness to discuss matters openly.... Most of the time, it’s your own doctor provides the ultrasound, so you know the status.... Columbia provides many opportunities to communicate with your own doctor.
The process of drawing blood can be uncomfortable, but the staff at Columbia were friendly and compassionate.... The process of drawing blood can be uncomfortable, but the staff at Columbia were friendly and compassionate.... Columbia provides many opportunities to communicate with your own doctor.... The administrative staff is also great, particularly Sofia. She has a passion for her work
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Open your mind, be positive and don't hold anything back.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Pam)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
IVF is a very stressful process, especially when we are using extensive hormones, which could easily make our feeling and emotions swing and tiny little bit of discomfort occurred to us could trigger a big drama. Having gone through numerous consultations and IVF treatments over the past 4 years, The Center For Women's at Columbia University Medical Center has worked best for me. Columbia provides many opportunities to communicate with your own doctor. Most of the time, it’s your own doctor provides the ultrasound, so you know the status. Dr. Rudick impressed me early on as being both intelligent and attentive. She is very thorough and very quick to get what’s on my mind. She made me feel positive and gave me confidence. The process of drawing blood can be uncomfortable, but the staff at Columbia were friendly and compassionate. I love Arula. She made my day when she successfully drew the blood in one shot from my hard-to find vein. Jenny is very patient. Patrice is always smiling and sometimes she does it herself, despite being the lead nurse who assigns tasks. Pam, the most senior staffer, gave us very detailed training. I deeply appreciate advice to avoid google searches, and not to make any guesses. I believe most of us like to read, analyze and formulate questions; Pam pointed out that operating from assumptions won’t do us any good. She encouraged us to directly ask the doctor. The administrative staff is also great, particularly Sofia. She has a passion for her work, despite being relatively new. She takes everything seriously and is focused on the tasks at hand. Without her help, I won’t be so fortunate. The last item I want to mention is the billing department; they made difficult issues very simple. I am able to match their bills with my insurance EOB’s. If I came across any discrepancies, Miriam provided a detailed explanation and an immediate fix. This is in sharp contrast to prior experiences, in which the bills were tough to decipher and help was not consistent.

3 IUI, 4 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
tell Dr Forman everything like what works for you and what doesn't. He listens. Example: if you can't get to a scheduled appointment, let him know and he will make it work. Also to ask questions even if it doesn't makes sense, he will explain everything...Dr. Forman made me feel that I was important and not just another patient. He followed up with me through email, and whenever I had a question, he would respond right away. He was there for me throughout the process.
Strengths [at : There is hardly a line when checking in, I never have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bloodwork. And they are all friendly. Weaknesses: The clinic can use a little update especially the bathrooms...They were all very nice and they seem to know what they were all doing. They also know your name. They give you privacy. They confirm your name and birthdate. I would say it has gotten better.
3 IUI, 4 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
I am so proud to have him as my Doctor. I was about to give up on CWRC after several failed procedures. But I gave them another chance and met with Dr. Eric Forman. I told him how I felt about CWRC. He assured me that things were going to change. He spoke with confidence. He took his time to explain everything. And I really wanted to try having another baby and so I gave him a try. And then, our journey began, 4 months later, I was pregnant! Dr. Forman made sure that I had all the medications I needed. He kept in touch with me through email and I was shocked that he responded so quickly. I had so many questions and he answered all of them. He was patient with me. He's just an amazing Doctor, not because I became pregnant, but because I didn't feel like just another patient. I didn't feel like I was passed down from one doctor to another. He is absolutely wonderful!
I would tell a prospective patient to tell Dr Forman everything like what works for you and what doesn't. He listens. Example: if you can't get to a scheduled appointment, let him know and he will make it work. Also to ask questions even if it doesn't makes sense, he will explain everything.
This time around, by evaluating my previous procedures, Dr. Forman saw that I could take higher dosage but almost the same medication. The only different medication I've received from Dr. Forman is the the pregesterone. Instead of the normal pills, I was given pregesterone in sesame oil. I was also seeing Dr. Forman almost every week during the process and made sure that my bloodwork is all good. I was basically monitored closely which I think helped in the whole process to see how my body is reacting to the treatment.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths: There is hardly a line when checking in, I never have to wait more than 10 minutes for a bloodwork. And they are all friendly. Weaknesses: The clinic can use a little update especially the bathrooms.
I had insurance that covered everything except for Freezing of the embryos.
+ Read more- Read less

all of my morning monitoring was done by Dr. McConnell. She was always upbeat and personable and I never felt rushed, like I did woh other Drs in the practice.... For the first cycle I did a fresh embryo transfer using 2 5-day blastocysts. When this cycle was unsuccessful, Dr McConnell had a follow up appointment with my partner and I to recommend PGS testing for the next cycle. We had 4 embryos tested and 2 were deemed chromosomally normal. I transferred one which resulted in my current pregnancy, and the other is still frozen for a future transfer.
If it is at all possible for you to get to the Scarsdale location [of Columbia University], I highly recommend it. I went out of my way to come to this location because the one in Manhattan is such a zoo.You will still have to go to the Manhattan location for procedures like IUI, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer. For those procedures you never know which Dr you’re going to get...Chrissy and Angela are both wonderful nurses. They are both extremely knowledgeable and personable.
How was your experience with Rachel McConnell at Columbia University?
CWRC is a large clinic and serves tons of patients at their Manhattan location. Dr McConnell works part of the week there, and spends the other days running the Scarsdale location.If it is at all possible for you to get to the Scarsdale location, I highly recommend it. I went out of my way to come to this location because the one in Manhattan is such a zoo. You will still have to go to the Manhattan location for procedures like IUI, egg retrieval, and embryo transfer. For those procedures you never know which Dr you’re going to get. But all of my morning monitoring was done by Dr. McConnell. She was always upbeat and personable and I never felt rushed, like I did woh other Drs in the practice.
Come with a list of questions.
I began seeing Dr McConnell after a negative experience with another Dr in the practice. I had just undergone 4 unsuccessful IUIs and it was time to move on to IVF. During our IVF consultation Dr McConnell was very informative as well as warm and took her time answering all of our questions.
I did 2 IVF cycles with Dr McConnell. Both times I used injectables (Gonal F and Cetrotide) to prepare for the egg retrieval. For the first cycle I did a fresh embryo transfer using 2 5-day blastocysts. When this cycle was unsuccessful, Dr McConnell had a follow up appointment with my partner and I to recommend PGS testing for the next cycle. We had 4 embryos tested and 2 were deemed chromosomally normal. I transferred one which resulted in my current pregnancy, and the other is still frozen for a future transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Chrissy)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
CWRC definitely had a factory feel because they treat such a high volume of patients, but it’s my understanding that all NYC clinics are like this. I had over 30 appointments at the Manhattan location. This location was very hit or miss in terms of the service received. Sometimes I only waited for 10 minutes for an appointment, and the staff was pleasant, other times there were long waits and the staff was curt and rushed. My worst experience was when I waited for 3 hours for my first embryo transfer, which was really difficult. This whole process is so emotionally fraught and my anxiety built with each hour that passed. But the worst part was how it was dealt with - my partner kept checking in with the receptionist, and he continued to assure her that we would be seen in “5 minutes,” which clearly wasn’t happening. When it became clear that she was getting upset he had the Dr on call come out and talk to us. When we complained that we’d been waiting for 3 hours, she replied “yeah, well I’ve been working for more than 3 hours.” It was just an obnoxious comment that was totally unnecessary. After that experience is when we switched to Dr McConell. The staff at her Scarsdale office are all wonderful, pleasant, helpful, and knowledgeable.
Monitoring is done between 7 and 9, and at the Manhattan location there was often a wait. The Scarsdale location had Mich less wait time.
I spent about 20k total out of pocket, because my 4 IUI treatments were not covered at all under insurance. My IVF treatments were mostly covered. However, I needed to have a certain number of failed IUIs before the insurance deemed IVF necessary.
+ Read more- Read less

I only saw Nataki Douglas at my consultation and the appointment after all tests were complete to go over a treatment plan. I thoroughly enjoyed both these appointments. She took time to explain test results, treatment options, potential risks and it never felt rushed. She is very caring and her conversation didn't feel too stiff or clinical...Dr. Douglas is easy to talk to and explains things in great detail. She understands that we have busy lives and wanted to make treatment as easy as possible for us. She seems both "real" and empathetic in her interactions.
After being upset that I had to sit a cycle out for my MMR booster I was frustrated when they didn't seem to have the vaccination record my doctor sent over. The front desk said it's best to just bring the hard copy so it can go right into the file because if it's faxed who know what happens to it. I was definitely confused about the climid prescription being sent to my pharmacy. When I hadn't heard anything a few hours after my appointment I assumed they forgot. After calling and talking to a nurse she explained that they had to wait for my blood test results before they could send it. Before my IUI no one mentioned that it's preferable to have a full bladder. So assuming it was like all the ultrasounds I made sure to empty my bladder before my appointment. When you want everything to be as optimal as possible that was annoying.
How was your experience with Nataki Douglas at Columbia University?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nataki Douglas at Columbia University?
Obviously the doctors can't work 7 days a week for morning monitoring so don't expect her to be there for all your appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nataki Douglas at Columbia University?
Describe the protocols Nataki Douglas used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
After trying for a little over a year we decided to seek answers. Due to female cycle irregularity and male low morphology Dr. Douglas suggested clomid with better timed intercourse at home or we could go straight to IUI. Due to the low morphology and the fact that we do have insurance coverage for IUI we decided to do that. I started with 50mg of clomid on cycle days 3-7 with an IUI the day following LH surge.
I'm a little unsure of the difference between the nursing staff vs. the medical assistants/phlebotomists. I'm fairly confident I've only come in contact with 3 actual nurses. They were all very nice. The medical assistants and phlebotomists are pretty terrible. The call the first name and last initial for you to do blood work. I thought the woman was calling my name so I said are you saying "first last" and she just kept repeating what she was saying and not answering my question. Once we got back there she said "we only say the first name and last name initial" which is totally fine but answer when i tell you my full name. Also, my rubella immunity came back low. I got the booster (and had to sit that cycle out). Two months later they call me back and ask me if I got it. I told them the date I received the booster and said I thought the record should be in my file but could have the doctor's office resend it. Then they went back and forth about whether they needed to draw my blood to test for it again. They were basically asking me if they should. I told them "I got the booster so if I'm not immune at this point there is nothing I can do and I'll have to take my chances. But if you need the blood test for me to continue with my treatment plan then do it." It just felt like they had no idea what was going on. I feel like when you go in you have to already know what should be happening or you might get extra blood drawn or unnecessary ultrasounds. If insurance wasn't covering my treatment I would be really concerned about the confusion if I was the one paying for all these tests.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The doctors are one of their strengths. The medical assistants and blood work assistants are a weakness. The front desk staff is pretty friendly, empathetic and helpful although some more than others. One thing I've realized is they have a lot of patients and a lot of people that have done this before but I have to remind them this is my first time with a fertility treatment plan and to explain things a little more. At the initial consultation a nurse explained all the tests I needed to get and she assigned me to a financial counselor. The financial counselor is great- she gets things sent to my insurance for approval right away which I appreciate.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nataki Douglas at Columbia University.
I think the initial consultation was $550 if not covered by insurance. They were very up front about that. Our insurance covers all treatment associate with IUI but won't for IVF if we get to that point. I would definitely work more closely with the financial counselor if we were paying for treatment to make sure I was getting what I needed for treatment and no additional blood draws or ultrasounds.
Nataki Douglas
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Nataki Douglas at Columbia University.

4 IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
She [Dr. McConnell] did not ask about my goals or manage my expectations...Even after the first failed embryo transfer did not take, she did not discuss any possible changes to our protocol...Communication skills are poor. Next steps were spoken about in broad strokes. She dictated the next steps without asking for my input and paid little attention when we provided input/shared concerns. It always took a very long time for her to get back to us (by phone) - we resorted to carrying the phones with us into bathrooms etc. so as not to miss her calls.
Prescription calls to pharmacy took days to be called in. We had to follow up with the nurses [at Columbia U] repeatedly to close out the process. Took nurses days to call back...Monitoring started at 7 am. I had to get there by 630AM to be the first few patients in line. I have literally run to the front door of the building to rush to be the first few in line. Consequence of not being the first 1 to 3 is waiting untill 745 am to be seen by the doctor...Michael worked the front desk and was always friendly, kind and efficient
East Asian, South Asian
4 IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Rachel McConnell at Columbia University?
Communication skills are poor. Next steps were spoken about in broad strokes. She dictated the next steps without asking for my input and paid little attention when we provided input/shared concerns. It always took a very long time for her to get back to us (by phone) - we resorted to carrying the phones with us into bathrooms etc. so as not to miss her calls. There are far better and faster ways to communicate today e.g. email
Do not expect any compassion or customized treatment. This is not a doctor I would recommend unless you know (and who does?) you only need to go through this once to be successful and you have no need for customized treatment/protocol.
She did not ask about my goals or manage my expectations. I was told we would get pregnant quickly and without any issue. Even after the first failed embryo transfer did not take, she did not discuss any possible changes to our protocol. I distinctively remember that in our follow up appointment to discuss our failed transfer, she sat back cross her fingers and asked "what can i do for you?" That question struck me as uncaring and cold. All she suggested was to follow the same protocol and transfer the next embryo. We did as we were told for the next 2 embryos (makes 3 total transfers) using the same protocol and received the same negative results each transfer.
Results of my STIM cycles were very poor - I had very few follicles to work with. I requested adjustments to my treatment protocol to improve my chances e.g. estrogen priming but was told a flat no because I don't ovulate regularly and wouldn't fit into one of their standard protocols (I actually went on to have success with priming at another clinic). On another occasion, I was stimmed with a dominant follicle which ultimately resulted in a cancelled cycle. In summary, I was encouraged to keep repeating the same standard protocol even though the monitoring sessions revealed low follicle count and in some cases a clear dominant follicle.
I can remember only 2 individuals who were our lifelines during our treatment there. 1) Michael worked the front desk and was always friendly, kind and efficient. 2) Erica was a blood tech there and is now at Sher NY. She was always friendly and efficient - uplifting and important qualities to help patients navigate this stressful time.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Not suitable for someone who needs treatment that extends beyond their standard protocol e.g. estrogen priming in my case
Monitoring started at 7 am. I had to get there by 630AM to be the first few patients in line. I have literally run to the front door of the building to rush to be the first few in line. Consequence of not being the first 1 to 3 is waiting untill 745 am to be seen by the doctor. After seeing the doctor for monitoring, it could take another 20 mins to meet with the nurse. That means spending 1.5 hours for a 3 minute monitoring appointment is my best case scenario.