5 Columbus Circle
244 Westchester Ave
West Harrison, NY 10604

2020 - 2021, Successful
Investment Banker
[Dr. Forman] asked lots of questions about both my and my husband's medical history, and also made an effort to know more about us on a personal level...was very realistic with expectations and direct in the way he communicated with us, while also demonstrating empathy and compassion. His responsiveness to emails and phone calls, and the office's quick turnaround time in communicating results also helped take some of the stress and anxiety out of an already stressful process.
Christine and the other nurses at Columbia were wonderful. They are extremely communicative and always available to answer questions. All of the staff at the clinic from the phlebotomists to the ultrasound technicians were caring and kind. The morning monitoring process was extremely smooth and ran efficiently...Convenient location, bright, clean office...Some minor billing issues...
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
In our first appointment with Dr. Forman, he provided a thorough overview of Columbia's fertility clinic and the typical diagnostic tests a new couple undergoes before starting treatments. He also went through what the typical path would be to go down (although everyone will be different). Dr. Forman provided plenty of detail on the various procedures and types of medication and answered questions we had about outcome probability and risks of treatment. He asked lots of questions about both my and my husband's medical history, and also made an effort to know more about us on a personal level. After bloodwork and other diagnostic tests, it was decided the best course of action would be to start with IUIs. After the first one was successful, we decided to try another IUI given I had responded well to the medication. We were unsuccessful again on attempts 2 and 3 and decided to move onto IVF. We started IVF with about two weeks of medication and while my follicles were a little slow to start growing, there were plenty to proceed with the egg retrieval procedure. We were excited to have fertilized eggs a day after the procedure, unfortunately, none of the fertilized eggs made it viable embryos and our first cycle was over. This was upsetting and disappointing but Dr. Forman spent an hour on the phone with me after sharing the results walking through what could have caused that outcome and providing reassurance that he was confident that we could have success with another round. We agreed to take a month off and then try again. Dr. Forman tweaked our protocol slightly for round two and it seemed like my response to the medication was better this time around. After the egg retrieval, we had 8 fertilized eggs, 5 which made it to the Day 5 blastocyst stage and 4 which came back as good after being sent for genetic testing. Dr. Forman shared the news with us on Valentine's Day evening (which on top of being Valentine's Day was a also Sunday - he really does care about his patients!!) and we couldn't have been more grateful for such good news that day. We did a medicated transfer cycle a month later with our highest-quality embryo. While we did get pregnant based on the early bloodwork after the transfer, our levels were low and Dr. Forman was realistic about the chances of the pregnancy being viable. Ultimately we experienced a biochemical pregnancy which was devastating to us. Dr. Forman was understanding and compassionate while also giving us hope that we still have good embryos left and that there was a good chance the next try would work. For our next transfer, Dr. Forman suggested we try a natural cycle which involves no medication and closely monitoring my own cycle to time the transfer with ovulation. We used a trigger shot to ensure the timing of ovulation. This second cycle worked; early bloodwork looked promising and continued on the right trajectory and an ultrasound two weeks later confirmed the pregnancy and we saw the heartbeat. At 9 weeks we "graduated" from Dr. Forman's care and he helped us find an OBGYN to allow us to continue our care with Columbia.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Know you are in good hands and ask any and all questions you have - Dr. Forman will find time to get you the answers you need
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman was very realistic with expectations and direct in the way he communicated with us, while also demonstrating empathy and compassion. His responsiveness to emails and phone calls, and the office's quick turnaround time in communicating results also helped take some of the stress and anxiety out of an already stressful process.
Describe the protocols Eric Forman used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
IUIs: Clomid + Trigger Shot Retrieval Round 1: Started on birth control; Follistim + Low Dose HCG; Ganirelix; Lupron + HCG trigger Retrieval Round 2: Clomid; Follistim + Menopur; Ganirelix; Lupron + HGC trigger Medicated Transfer: Started on birth control; Estrogen + Progesterone injections Natural Transfer: Progesterone suppositories + trigger shot
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine (Nurse))
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths -Wonderful doctors and nurses who truly care and are accessible -Efficiently-run morning monitoring process -Convenient location, bright, clean office Weaknesses -Some minor billing issues
Describe Eric Forman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr. Forman is supportive of elective single embryo transfer
Columbia University

She [Dr. Karipcin] is very efficient and knows what she is doing...She understood my anxiety issues caused due to infertility and understood my physical pain caused by severe endometriosis...we knew she would never take any shorts or do conventional practice, her plan was tailor only for me...Dr K helped us find the right surgeon [for diagnostic laparoscopy] and worked very closely with our surgeon to maximize our chances of successful transfer....
[nurse at Columbia University] was very polite and thorough and explained all instructions very well. she never minded taking follow up questions from me and always returned my calls the same day...Zaria( care coordinator) was very efficient in making changes to accommodate me. She made sure everyone was in sync. I never had to send a single reminder to anyone in the staff.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
After 2 failed embryo transfer of chromosomally normal embryos and a panic attack we met with Dr K. During our 1st consult she was very patient, professional and proactive- she took notes of my medical history, went through all my scan and reports, asked us abt our fertility goal ( which I had completely given up on), and also gave us an egg retrieval protocol. She knew exactly what I needed for good results. she was very positive abt my case and had a plan- we decided to do 2 egg retrievals as I have DOR and want 2 kids and she strongly suggested me to take Lupron for 2 cycles- due to endometriosis and adenomyosis- clearly it was long journey but she was totally on our side and knew how to get us the results. very next cycle we started ER protocol and despite low follicular count and DOR got 3 embryos. we took a break of 2 cycles, while we were figuring out a possible Infectious disease issue. Then we did 2nd ER and again got 3 embryos. the very same cycle I took first lupron shot. by then my endo pain was getting worse so we decided to diagnostic laparoscopy. Again Dr K helped us find the right surgeon and worked very closely with our surgeon to maximize our chances of successful transfer. Dr K was always more positive abt our case then us. She is very efficient and knows what she is doing. Every second I was in her care I was her number one priority. She decided to do a Mock transfer due to the position of my uterus and made a decision to do my transfer under anesthesia, by this point we trusted Dr K blindly and did what she said- we knew she would never take any shorts or do conventional practice, her plan was tailor only for me. I was vey nervous for the transfer but when I saw Dr K I could relax and calm down my nerves went in the transfer room the whole experience was very positive and I we got pregnant the same cycle. I know only Dr K could have got me pregnant because she understood how my case was different and was willing to think out of box.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
plz trust her. she knows what she is doing. plz let her know your expectations and tell her how you feel abt your struggles. She will go out of her way to make your journey easy. Her positive vibes will make you believe in your dream to become a mother.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Dr K is like a very kind and understanding friend. She understood my anxiety issues caused due to infertility and understood my physical pain caused by severe endometriosis. she was well aware of my history and knew what hell of a journey I had been through. she always considered my comfort and pain levels before any treatment. I was truly taken care of under her practice. Dr K and Varda ( Nurse) would call me multiple times to make sure all my questions and concerns were addressed.
Describe the protocols Sinem Karipcin used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Dr K suggested Estrogen priming for my case she was right that cycle I did not get a lead follicle. For stimulation we used menopur and follistim. I think I took ovidrel for trigger shot. Although we got only 9 eggs( due to DOR) we got 3 embryos on day5. protocol was the same for both cycles and resulted in total 6 embryos. when I took lupron she strongly suggested me to take add back with it and that was blessing, without add back my lupron days were not livable. Infact with lupron + add back I was very energetic and productive. for transfer I took estrogen vaginally and progesteron in oil.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda )
Varda( nurse) was a blessing. I actually looked forward to her call after every monitoring appointment. she was very understanding and had an effect of a tranquillizer on my anxious infertility struck nerves. She was very polite and thorough and explained all instructions very well. she never minded taking follow up questions from me and always returned my calls the same day. I knew she genuinely cared for me and cheered me up whenever needed. Zaria( care coordinator) was very efficient in making changes to accommodate me. She made sure everyone was in sync. I never had to send a single reminder to anyone in the staff.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
strength- best staff. they know they have the best people. everyone is in business of providing care, best medical services and nothing else. very high ethical standards- I never experienced negligence or carelessness from anyone or any department. After every appointment I got a feedback notification from clinic admin. weakness- none
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University.
our first ER was covered by insurance 100%. 2nd ER was completely out of pocket- abt 10 k and transfer was covered by insurance.
Describe Sinem Karipcin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
she preferred single embryo transfer.
Columbia University

Because of my diminished ovarian reserve, we planned to do all three retrievals [with Dr. Karipcin] back to back for batching before moving on to a transfer...has a wonderful way of making you feel seen and known. She knows your case inside and out, and is able to talk about it on the fly during appointments and procedures. She is quite genuine and makes you feel like she cares about you and is rooting for your success.
We had a very positive experience with Columbia Fertility Center. Everyone from the front desk, to the phlebotomists, to the sonographers, to the nursing staff and care coordinators were attentive, efficient, and extremely friendly. We had dozens of appointments over the course of a year and rarely, if ever, had to wait (even in the midst of the covid pandemic). The space is bright, friendly, and soothing and extremely clean. The OR is the back of the office which makes it a one stop shop. It truly came to feel like a second home (for better or for worse). There is a 24-7 emergency help line that we made use of several times. It is probably important to know that you will not see your doctor during most of your monitoring appointments and they may not be on call when you have procedures (IUI/IVF). Our case was complicated in certain ways (e.g., I have a tilted cervix which made my IUIs and some additional tests hellish) and as such Dr. K made a special effort to be there for most of our big appointments.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
We have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. K. Not only is she an attentive and compassionate person but she is also extremely competent as a doctor. We never felt rushed during our appointments and she was responsive and thorough when we had questions. She knew our case inside and out. We ran into a variety of obstacles due to my diminished ovarian reserve and egg quality issues and she adjusted our protocol accordingly - at each stage we had better outcomes than the last. Throughout our travails, she was consistently positive/optimistic yet also realistic about the possible outcomes. If we decide to have more children in the future, we absolutely plan to continue on with Dr. K and in the interim we will highly recommend her to friends and family who encounter their own struggles with infertility.
Our advice is not anything specific about Dr. K - we would advise new patients that this process is very likely to take longer than you anticipate and to adjust your expectations accordingly.
Dr. Karipcin (aka Dr. K) has a wonderful way of making you feel seen and known. She knows your case inside and out, and is able to talk about it on the fly during appointments and procedures. She is quite genuine and makes you feel like she cares about you and is rooting for your success.
We tried for 6 months before seeking out a reproductive endocrinologist (by that point I was age 36). During that period, I had two miscarriages. I was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve and Dr. K also suspected that I had some endometriosis. My husband had low sperm morphology (2%). Our sequence of treatments was in part based on our insurance coverage which required at least three rounds of IUI before moving on to IVF. As such, we did three IUI cycles – the first one natural (no additional drugs) and the second two medicated – one with clomid and one with letrazole. We had a chemical pregnancy with the first and the second two were unsuccessful. From there we moved on to IVF. Thankfully, our insurance covers three retrievals/transfers (what luck/privilege as we could not go forward otherwise). Because of my diminished ovarian reserve, we planned to do all three retrievals back to back for batching before moving on to a transfer. 1) First Cycle: Meds: 225 gonal; 225 menopur; cetrotide starting day 9 of treatment. Unfortunately, I was unresponsive. I only produced 2 follicles and Dr. K switched us to IUI instead of a retrieval. The IUI was unsuccessful. 2) Second Cycle: Meds: 150 gonal days 1-8 --> 225 gonal starting day 9; 150 menopur; clomid days 1-5; cetrotide starting day 7 of treatment. This cycle I produced more eggs and went forward with the retrieval. 8 were retrieved, 7 mature. Unfortunately, most of the eggs had empty zona pellucida (which is the outside shell). As such, only 1-2 were able to be fertilized with ICSI. None made it past day 3. 3) Third Cycle: Meds: 150 gonal days 1-5 --> 225 gonal days 6-8 --> 300 gonal days 9-11; 150 menopur; letrazole days 1-5; cetrotide starting day 9. This cycle 10 were retrieved, 7 were mature, and 5 were fertilized with ICSI. Of those, 2 became day 5 blastocysts and 3 became day 7 blastocysts. We sent them out for genetic testing and the first two tested normal. We planned to take a month off before our final retrieval and somehow, by some miracle, I got pregnant naturally and am just starting my second trimester (fingers crossed). We have one more retrieval covered by our insurance and tentatively plan to go forward in the future (with Dr. K). In the meantime, our two “good” blastocysts are on ice for the future.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Varda Souverain)
Varda trained me on the injections and communicated with us about our medication protocol throughout our IUI and IVF cycles. She was always available through email/the phone and was quite responsive to our questions/needs.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We had incredible insurance coverage (IUIs and IVF meds were fully covered, IVF was covered at 75%). We are waiting on bills for our second IVF retrieval but I believe that we ended up paying $1,300 out of pocket for our first retrieval as well as a handful of $20 copays here and there. I believe we will be paying approximately $100/month for frozen embryo storage.
We have yet to get to the transfer phase with Dr. K.
Columbia University

[Dr. Sinem Karipcin] was personable, optimistic and realistic at the same time. I wrote that she treated me like a human because she always remember my name, my husband's name and even the purse I brought to each appointment...I felt like I was in excellent hands because she would tell me all of the statistics and even mentioned how some of the statistics were slightly different for African-American women (I'm African-American). At each appointment, Dr. Karipcin would explain next steps, remind me to stay optimistic. She didn't shy away from explaining potential complications that might arise due to my endometriosis and fibroids, but she would always remind me to focus on the positive and that we would deal with any complications as they might arise.
Columbia University Fertility is clean, the staff is professional and they are very good at providing information upfront. Once you decide to work with them, you are matched with a Care team, given their contact information and clear understand of the procedures and protocols. The New York, NY location is also very accessible by public transportation, which was important to me. The biggest bonus is that Columbia Fertility offers a monthly support group for women undergoing fertility treatments (it was also open to non-Columbia patients), which I found helpful.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Dr. K always welcomed me with a warm smile. She has a very strong bedside manner. In fact, I noticed that she greets everyone in the clinic by name when she comes in each morning. I felt like I was in excellent hands because she would tell me all of the statistics and even mentioned how some of the statistics were slightly different for African-American women (I'm African-American). At each appointment, Dr. Karipcin would explain next steps, remind me to stay optimistic. She didn't shy away from explaining potential complications that might arise due to my endometriosis and fibroids, but she would always remind me to focus on the positive and that we would deal with any complications as they might arise.
Be sure to share all of your concerns. Dr. Karipcin will address each and every one of them. At one of our first appointments, I came in with a list of questions and concerns. She didn't let me leave until I'd written down notes/answers to each one of them. At one particular appointment, I cried while waiting to get my blood drawn. Dr. Karipcin and Nurse Varda set with me to alleviate my fears while in between patients.
Dr. K was personable, optimistic and realistic at the same time. I wrote that she treated me like a human because she always remember my name, my husband's name and even the purse I brought to each appointment. When scheduling me for morning monitoring, Dr. K and her team (Nurse Varda and Zaria) were always mindful to get me in as early as possible because I'm a teacher.
We did two round of IVF. Our regime consisted of was Gonal F, Menopur and then Centrotide. The trigger injection was Ovidrel and Lupron. Our first retrieval yielded about 8 eggs. The second retrieval yielded 15 eggs. Our IVF rounds were relatively close together (Oct/Nov 2019 & Dec 2019), the insurance company approved it and we wanted to complete them before Christmas. We did the recommended genetic testings for the embryos. So, now we have a total of 6 chromosomally strong embryos that can be transferred. Our original transfer date was postponed due to Covid. So, we did a transfer in May 2020. I am currently 16 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Varda)
Nurse Varda and Care Coordinator Zaria were extremely helpful to me. Varda was patient and answered every question in the emails I sent her. I would send emails with like 8 items and she would be sure to answer each question/concern. Zaria was thoughtful enough to call me for scheduling during my teacher breaks or lunchtime, because she knew those were the only times I was free to talk. The nursing staff, including ultrasound technician Rachel, Denaisha and Tanisha who took my blood during morning monitoring were also very welcoming, comforting, professional and funny. There was one appointment (in which we noticed that one of my fibroids was slightly bigger and this absolutely crushed me) and they reminded me to be positive, to pray and then got me focused on sports or some other topic so that I would stop crying, before heading to work. I was very thankful for them and their conversation.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Columbia University.
The morning monitoring hours worked well with my teaching schedule. It was very organized as well.
The majority of our treatment was covered by insurance. In fact, we didn't proceed until we knew it would be covered as "in-network." I usually only had to pay the co-payment. The cost of the IVF medications were not fully covered by insurance but they are now covered in New York State.
Columbia University Fertility does not do multiple embryo transfers. This is very clearly explained in the paperwork that you have to sign prior to embarking on the IVF journey. They are also clear to reiterate this around the retrieval dates. I agreed with Dr. K's approach. Due to my age at the time (36), fibroids and endometriosis, multiple embryo transfers were not recommended. Neither my OB/GYN, Fibroid surgeon, nor Dr. Karipcin recommended multiple embryo transfers.
Columbia University

Dr. Rudick was very patient with me, and was always available by email or by appointment to go through all of my questions. She made me feel like I had full control over the process, and that it was up to me to decide how aggressive I wanted to be, and the pace at which I wanted to proceed...She is also very straight forward and matter-of fact with results and reasons for those results, and she doesn't sugar-coat, which I appreciated and which added to my trust of her. When I received bad news after a few cycles back to back, Dr. Rudick sent me a very nice email and I felt that we were in this together, working toward a common goal. Al
The clinic [Columbia University] has a very calming atmosphere, and is very clean. There are plenty of seats for waiting patients, and several bathrooms. There was always water available and fresh fruit. The reception staff was very pleasant each time I arrived and check in was quick. The process during morning monitoring was consistent, and I hardly ever had to wait more than 5-10 minutes after my scheduled appointment time to be seen.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Dr. Rudick is very professional and knowledgeable. She never pushed me to do something I was not ready to do, and let me set the pace of my treatments. When I decided to take a short break between cycles, she was very understanding. She is also very straight forward and matter-of fact with results and reasons for those results, and she doesn't sugar-coat, which I appreciated and which added to my trust of her. When I received bad news after a few cycles back to back, Dr. Rudick sent me a very nice email and I felt that we were in this together, working toward a common goal. Although Dr. Rudick was not always available at every visit, all of the doctors and nurses at Columbia were pleasant to work with. Before and during each procedure, Dr. Rudick would explain each step in detail, which helped ease my anxiety. I felt very cared for by her and the team at Columbia.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
I would tell her that she is in good hands, to trust the process, and to ask a lot of questions to ease anxiety and understand all of the details and risks. At points, it can seem like there are no answers and it is all trial-and-error, but with each cycle, more information is gathered that will lead you toward the right treatment for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
I was treated like a human, Dr. Rudick was very patient with me, and was always available by email or by appointment to go through all of my questions. She made me feel like I had full control over the process, and that it was up to me to decide how aggressive I wanted to be, and the pace at which I wanted to proceed.
Describe the protocols Briana Rudick used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
After several tests, we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, which can be very frustrating. We decided to try IUI first. The first cycle of IUI was with Clomid, which was not successful. The Dr. switched me to Letrozole for the next three IUI cycles. I felt a lot better on Letrozole (much less bloated). Unfortunately, these cycles all resulted in biochemical pregnancies. We met with Dr. Rudick to discuss next steps, and she recommended IVF with genetic testing as she suspected a chromosomal issue in the embryo was the cause of the biochemicals. We proceeded with this recommendation, which produced two normal embryos. We transferred one of the embryos and this resulted in a positive pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Julissa Mota)
Julissa and the nursing staff were very organized and pleasant to work with. Julissa always called me and/or emailed me with results around the same time of day, the day after testing. This was very consistent and eased my mind, because I knew when to expect to hear from her. I felt that I could reach out to her if I had any questions about medications, treatments, etc. When I started my first IVF cycle, Julissa met with me and showed me how to mix and administer each medication, and gave me tips on how to organize the meds and make it easy. She also sent me links to instructional videos online. The information was very helpful and eased my anxiety. I also got to know the phlebotomists; they were always nice and would greet me and say hello when they saw me. I felt like everyone was rooting for me.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic has a very calming atmosphere, and is very clean. There are plenty of seats for waiting patients, and several bathrooms. There was always water available and fresh fruit. The reception staff was very pleasant each time I arrived and check in was quick. The process during morning monitoring was consistent, and I hardly ever had to wait more than 5-10 minutes after my scheduled appointment time to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Briana Rudick at Columbia University.
Fortunately, I had fertility coverage under my health insurance. I did have to pay some costs out of pocket up to the deductible. I also had to pay for the embryo freezing and the Genetic Testing separately, these were not covered by insurance. All in, I feel that I paid close to $8,000 out of pocket in total.
Describe Briana Rudick's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr. Rudick recommended transferring one embryo at a time, to avoid a multiple pregnancy. We agreed on this course of action.
Columbia University
I had Katrina and Tiffany as nurses. They did their jobs well. Even the nurses who draw blood exhibited a great standard of care. Peri, the Egg Donor Program Coordinator, is especially great. She was incredibly helpful and reliable.... I can't recommend this clinic (Columbia) enough. The only things that I would hope for other to avoid are things that they can't necessarily control. 1) Make sure your procedures are pre-authorized well in advance. Speak with your insurance yourself and know for sure that pre-autho went through.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman listened to my concerns and is very good with first time IVF patients. Nothing was too small for his attention and he’s always doing his best for you. He consistently went above and beyond for me the entire time I was in his care. A perfect example of this was when I had expressed how much I wanted him to perform the actual IVF procedure rather than another doctor from the clinic. The day of the procedure, it wasn’t guaranteed that he could make it but he rushed to the clinic and made it happen. I actually teared up when I saw him. These things mean the world to women who have no control over their bad fortune. He and his team understood that these things mattered and what a difference it makes when your concerns are taken seriously. Even the front desk and nurses who draw blood exhibited the same standard of care. Peri, the Egg Donor Program Coordinator, is especially great. She was incredibly helpful and reliable. I can’t recommend Columbia University Fertility Center enough.
I do not have a uterus but still have my ovaries. IVF, creating and freezing embryos and using a gestational carrier was the only strategy. It was all pretty straight forward for everyone. I declined using birth control because I had LH test strips to tell me approximately when my first day of cycle would be. He then monitored my blood work until we knew when to start everything. My injectables were Menopur, Gonal F & Cetrotide.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina)
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I can't recommend this clinic enough. The only things that I would hope for other to avoid are things that they can't necessarily control. 1) Make sure your procedures are pre-authorized well in advance. Speak with your insurance yourself and know for sure that pre-autho went through. 2) One of the third party companies that they work with, Igenomix that is used for PGS testing, relies on your IVF doctor to explain things that I believe should be their responsibility. The only thing that the clinic can do to help avoid a lot of frustration when it comes to finding out your results from Igenomix is to explain to their patients that 1) Currently, NY state law does not does not allow companies like Igenomix to disclose mosaic results 2) Explain that mosaic results from Igenomix are handled differently and how. 3) Interpret the results from Igenomix completely for the patient before they try to do it for themselves with an Igenomix rep. Again, all things that I believe Igonmix should explain before someone uses their services considering it has to do with their results and the service that your paying them to do, not the clinic. Igenomix should be saying, “You should know that that NY State law prevents us from disclosing information about mosaics…”, “this is how we outline our results. we conclude mosaic embryos are also abnormal embryos so you wouldn’t use them anyway… (paraphrasing that last part… that’s not exactly right)..”, “This is how you interpret our results, here is an example”.
Columbia University

She [Dr. Brady] addressed every question and concern I had with such compassion and professionalism which made me feel at ease through the process. She made me feel like I was her only patient with the amount of time she spent to address all my needs in such a detailed way. She was very easy to get a hold of and also responded to emails very quickly...Dr Brady understood the concern we had with the possibility of multiple births. We went with a single embryo transfer and it was a success
The center [Columbia University] was clean. The waiting time was very short and they always had multiple appointment time options. I was working full time during my ivf cycle and they worked with me around my schedule. I appreciated everyone’s smiles and kind words, even people I just walked by in the hall...All staff at this Center were kind and friendly and that included my nurse Madison. She was so kind and positive during every encounter...
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I could not thank Dr Brady enough for her support and care throughout my IVF cycle. In this difficult time, during Covid, I was amazed by the level of attentiveness, care and compassion I received throughout the cycle. She addressed every question and concern I had with such compassion and professionalism which made me feel at ease through the process. She made me feel like I was her only patient with the amount of time she spent to address all my needs in such a detailed way. She was very easy to get a hold of and also responded to emails very quickly. I truly can not thank her enough!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
Dr Brady treated me with compassion, patience and genuine care. I felt like she listened and heard my questions/concerns and developed a great treatment plan for my husband and I.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Madison)
All staff at this Center were kind and friendly and that included my nurse Madison. She was so kind and positive during every encounter. Again, during Covid, it can be difficult to connect, however I found Madison to be very attentive, informative and really appreciated her positivity and encouragement.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The center was clean. The waiting time was very short and they always had multiple appointment time options. I was working full time during my ivf cycle and they worked with me around my schedule. I appreciated everyone’s smiles and kind words, even people I just walked by in the hall.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paula Brady at Columbia University.
Costs varies, however a large part was covered my insurance.
Describe Paula Brady's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
Dr Brady understood the concern we had with the possibility of multiple births. We went with a single embryo transfer and it was a success.
Paula Brady
Columbia University

For my 1st IVF cycle [with Dr. Karipcin] I used gonal-f, menopur and cetrotide injections leading up to an egg retrieval which produced 14 eggs and 2 embryos. Neither embryo passed pgs testing (which was recommended due to my age). For my 2nd IVF cycle I used gonal-f, menopur and cetrotide again, however the doses were tweaked by Dr. Karipcin which resulted in 25 eggs and 1 embryo that passed pgs testing. After this I had a frozen embryo transfer using estrace pills and progesterone injections which resulted in a current pregnancy.
The nursing staff [at Columbia University] was always accommodating with appointments and appointments tended to be efficient. For example, as a teacher I often needed 7am appointments. I was able to make it to school on time after my morning appointments which was very helpful...Scheduling and appointments tend to be smooth and overall the staff is friendly and responsive to questions. Always be sure to clarify any information in emails regarding treatment as there are many patients being seen. In general all staff respond in a timely manner to any questions or concerns.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Columbia University?
Dr. Karipcin is clear and thoughtful when explaining her course of treatment. For example, we had a setback in our 1st round of IVF and she was ready to talk about the adjustments she would make in the course of treatment for the 2nd round. This made us feel confident in our next steps and resulted in a successful 2nd round of IVF.
I would advise a prospective patient to never hesitate to ask Dr. Karipcin any questions that you have throughout treatment- even if you just need clarification or reassurance about where you are in your treatment process. As a patient you need to advocate for yourself and make sure that your voice is heard. Always communicate your questions and concerns.
Dr. Karipicin provided both a compassionate and pragmatic approach throughout my IVF treatment. She responds quickly and thoughtfully to questions and concerns and has a genuine interest in your wellbeing and success as a patient.
For my 1st IVF cycle I used gonal-f, menopur and cetrotide injections leading up to an egg retrieval which produced 14 eggs and 2 embryos. Neither embryo passed pgs testing (which was recommended due to my age). For my 2nd IVF cycle I used gonal-f, menopur and cetrotide again, however the doses were tweaked by Dr. Karipcin which resulted in 25 eggs and 1 embryo that passed pgs testing. After this I had a frozen embryo transfer using estrace pills and progesterone injections which resulted in a current pregnancy.
The nursing staff was always accommodating with appointments and appointments tended to be efficient. For example, as a teacher I often needed 7am appointments. I was able to make it to school on time after my morning appointments which was very helpful.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
My insurance paid for a portion of each IVF cycle as well as the frozen embryo transfer. The out of pocket expenses for both IVF cycles, inlcuding pgs testing of a total of 3 embryos was about $10,000.
The approach that was used during my treatment was to use a single embryo that passed pgs testing (euploid embryo).
Columbia University

Dr. Rackow explained all of the testing and treatments beforehand and made every effort to do my ultrasounds and procedures if she was in the office on the days I was scheduled to come in. She personally called me on several occasions in the evenings to discuss results with me, tactfully give me good and not so good news, and help me figure out next steps based on my (our) personal goals and needs.
Weaknesses [at Columbia University]: Could be better at advising patients when to stop stimulation for egg retrievals if it isn't looking like many eggs will be retrieved. My first stimulation cycle was poor and they should have counseled me to stop it and adjusted the protocol before a 2nd try (they did adjust for the 2nd try). They informed me of what was happening, but having never undergone treatment before, I didn't understand how poorly I was responding. I really should have been counseled to stop.
How was your experience with Beth Rackow at Columbia University?
Dr. Rackow was very responsive throughout my treatments, she did not just stick with the status quo if something wasn't working for me (4 egg retrievals, 2 embryo transfers using my own eggs). She changed protocol when the first egg retrieval didn't yield many eggs (we added clomid which helped me immensely), and she changed the embryo transfer protocol to natural with a trigger shot when the first transfer didn't work. The natural cycle with trigger worked perfectly for me and I did not have to take those dreadful intramuscular progesterone shots, a win. She did my early pregnancy ultrasounds with this successful transfer and I was pleased that she could do them personally.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth Rackow at Columbia University?
Dr. Rackow is part of an excellent, efficient team. Remember, you are entrusting your fertility care to a large, busy fertility clinic where the doctors have certain days they are in the office and are in charge of procedures. Other days they are assigned elsewhere. This means you may/may not get your main doctor for every procedure or check. If you want a 1 doctor experience, consider a small clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth Rackow at Columbia University?
Describe the protocols Beth Rackow used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
For all egg retrievals I did high dose injectables, and for 3 out of 4 I also used clomid, which helped me release (?) significantly more eggs. In all, I ended up with 4 PGS-tested embryos, one did not make it with the first transfer, the second successfully implanted. I have 2 frozen embryos remaining for possible future use. For the first embryo transfer, we did a traditional medicated cycle that did not result in a positive test. For the second embryo transfer, we did a natural cycle with a trigger shot. This worked great for me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Podalak)
Melissa was very responsive to my questions and always gave me results and next steps the same day. She wrote detailed emails with instructions and also called me with more complicated/new directions and preparations for procedures.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths: Teamwork, efficiency, one stop shop for (almost) everything. Clarity on results and next steps. Weaknesses: Could be better at advising patients when to stop stimulation for egg retrievals if it isn't looking like many eggs will be retrieved. My first stimulation cycle was poor and they should have counseled me to stop it and adjusted the protocol before a 2nd try (they did adjust for the 2nd try). They informed me of what was happening, but having never undergone treatment before, I didn't understand how poorly I was responding. I really should have been counseled to stop.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth Rackow at Columbia University.
All but the last egg retrieval and embryo transfer were covered by my insurance.
Describe Beth Rackow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbia University.
We both agreed on a single embryo transfer.
Beth Rackow
Columbia University

Dr Rudick has excellent bedside manner! It is very obvious fertility is her passion, especially in the way she counsels patients. I always felt like she did everything in her power to get the best results possible...I have unexplained infertility so I did 5 IUI cycles paired with either clomid or letrozole. None of these cycles resulted in pregnancy so I moved on to IVF. I was stimulated with gonal F 150 units and Menopur 75 units (also received cetrotide) and then was triggered with ovidrel and Lupron. I had 12 eggs retrieved but only 7 were mature. I ended up with 3 genetically normal embryos. We transferred the first one but it resulted in an early miscarriage. We transferred the second one and this resulted in a positive pregnancy and I am 8 weeks along thus far
Monitoring appts are extremely efficient and with minimal wait times [at Columbia University]...My IUIs were covered under my insurance, but we had to pay for sperm freezing for my husband due to his difficult work schedule, so about 4-5k for that. IVF was covered under my insurance for certain parts but not all (genetic testing, ICSI, sperm and embryo freezing/thawing were not covered). So probably spent about 6k out of pocket for that. After all the copay the whole treatment was probably 11-12k
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Dr Rudick is a wonderful physician with excellent bedside manner. She always explained everything to me in the perfect amount of detail and was very receptive whenever I had questions. It is very evident that fertility is her passion and she cares deeply about her patients’ treatment outcomes
Trust her she wants what is best for her patients
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Julissa and Emely )
The primary nurse Julissa is incredible. She was very good at reaching out to me with easy to follow instructions. I felt like she almost knew my work schedule and which appt times worked well for me. The care coordinator Emely was so amazing and very accommodating
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Columbia Fertility is one of the most well run clinics I have ever encountered (and I work in healthcare)! They are very accommodating when it comes to scheduling appts, and if there is ever any issues they are extremely quick to follow up. Wait times were also minimal especially in the setting of COVID which is great
Monitoring appts are extremely efficient and with minimal wait times
Dr Rudick advised to only perform single embryo transfers
Columbia University

[Dr. Forman] is the rare kind of doctor who is both extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his job, and highly sensitive to the emotional ups and downs patients experience during infertility. He always explained treatment options thoroughly, was highly responsive to questions and concerns via email, and helped us remain hopeful after a failed cycle...He took all possible factors into consideration (my age, diagnostic results, insurance coverage, etc.) into consideration when recommending we jump straight into IVF. Our first cycle yielded only 1 egg, but thankfully, PGS results were normal. We stuck with a similar protocol for the second round of IVF, with the goal of aiming for quality eggs again. That cycle was unsuccessful and we did not end up with any PGS normal embryos. Dr. Forman then suggested we adjust our protocol to something more aggressive (a microdose Lupron flare with a higher dose of Gonal (375 per night), 1 vial of Menopur, and HCG t
The clinic [Columbia University] is a well-oiled machine. They see lots of patients yet few things slip through the cracks. Everyone is professional and helpful. My morning appointments were always very quick, which eased the stress of getting to work on time afterwards. The only process that was a little confusing was the ordering of medications. In my first round of IVF, for example, the timing was unclear and I was anxious about getting all my medications on time. We were also missing a medication in the third round of IVF, which was nearly overlooked and could have been an issue.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Working with Dr. Forman has been the most positive experience I've ever had with a doctor. My husband and I did our research, and chose Dr. Forman after reading many positive reviews about his communicative style, compassion, and good results. We began seeing him in August of 2019, after a year of trying to conceive naturally and some disappointing diagnostic results (low AMH, high FSH) at another clinic. He took all possible factors into consideration (my age, diagnostic results, insurance coverage, etc.) into consideration when recommending we jump straight into IVF. Our first cycle yielded only 1 egg, but thankfully, PGS results were normal. We stuck with a similar protocol for the second round of IVF, with the goal of aiming for quality eggs again. That cycle was unsuccessful and we did not end up with any PGS normal embryos. Dr. Forman then suggested we adjust our protocol to something more aggressive (a microdose Lupron flare with a higher dose of Gonal (375 per night), 1 vial of Menopur, and HCG trigger). This protocol resulted in my most successful cycle, with 9 eggs and, ultimately, 2 PGS normal embryos. Due to the pandemic, a transfer was not an option during early spring, so after a thorough consultation with Dr. Forman, we opted for one more round of IVF in an attempt to bank another normal embryo. This final round was unsuccessful, with 2 abnormal embryos. Throughout the process, Dr. Forman was highly communicative and always available via email. He was sensitive yet forthcoming about my prospects when my FSH numbers continued to rise throughout the year. I appreciated the delicate balance he managed of being honest but caring. He also genuinely shared in our successes, which made it feel like we were a real team. I was grateful that he adjusted my protocol and always seemed to be thinking of new things to try. We did an eSET in August, which Dr. Forman made a point of doing himself, and are currently 11 weeks pregnant!
Take advantage of his expertise and responsiveness, and ask him any and all questions you may have.
Dr. Forman is the rare kind of doctor who is both extremely knowledgeable and passionate about his job, and highly sensitive to the emotional ups and downs patients experience during infertility. He always explained treatment options thoroughly, was highly responsive to questions and concerns via email, and helped us remain hopeful after a failed cycle.
See above.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine Helbo)
The nursing staff was excellent too. They always followed up with test results by the end of the day and provided detailed instructions for medications.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic is a well-oiled machine. They see lots of patients yet few things slip through the cracks. Everyone is professional and helpful. My morning appointments were always very quick, which eased the stress of getting to work on time afterwards. The only process that was a little confusing was the ordering of medications. In my first round of IVF, for example, the timing was unclear and I was anxious about getting all my medications on time. We were also missing a medication in the third round of IVF, which was nearly overlooked and could have been an issue.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Forman at Columbia University.
Our cycles were covered by our fertility insurance, Progyny.
Dr. Forman opted for an eSET to reduce the risk of multiples and miscarriage. My understanding is that this is the current preferred approach based on research, so I was glad he chose it.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman was so respectful and kind to us. He never rushed through any of our appointments and communicated with us thoroughly! He listened and took time to read through our history...Even right before many of my procedures, he would email with another tip/suggestion to increase my chances. I also was very nervous for many of my procedures and of course made him aware of that so he'd make sure to reassure me and provide a step by step of what to expect so that I didn't worry.
When I walked in [to Columbia University], I couldn't believe how beautiful and modern it was inside. My previous fertility clinic was old and dingy. Columbia's fertility center is elegant, clean and upscale. The check in process was always seamless and I never had a long wait. I am a teacher so this was helpful for my monitoring appointments...Christine [nurse] was amazing. She communicated so quickly and efficiently. I could ask her any question I wanted and she took the time to respond and give a thorough answer.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is incredibly professional, smart and caring. He takes the time to review every detail about your history and tailors his treatment so that it works for you. Even right before many of my procedures, he would email with another tip/suggestion to increase my chances. I also was very nervous for many of my procedures and of course made him aware of that so he'd make sure to reassure me and provide a step by step of what to expect so that I didn't worry.
Make an appointment with him ASAP. He is the reason I am pregnant right now after being with the wrong doctor for almost a year.
We did two egg retrievals and one frozen transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Christine was amazing. She communicated so quickly and efficiently. I could ask her any question I wanted and she took the time to respond and give a thorough answer.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
When I walked in, I couldn't believe how beautiful and modern it was inside. My previous fertility clinic was old and dingy. Columbia's fertility center is elegant, clean and upscale. The check in process was always seamless and I never had a long wait. I am a teacher so this was helpful for my monitoring appointments.
Our insurance covered two egg retrievals. About $1200 for frozen embryo.
We did a frozen embryo transfer with a 5 day blastocyst. We did not do genetic testing because of our age and preference.

Embryo Freezing
Dr. Rudick only allowed for 1 single embryo to be transferred. I did ask for 2, but she informed me of the health risks and I am glad I listened...so supportive and explained every detail to the fullest extent in a manner that I could understand. I never felt rushed or pressured or taken advantage of...was very clear, honest, and detailed in explaining everything about the IUI and IVF process. I never felt as if any of my questions went unanswered. She is very knowledgeable and skilled in offering the best treatment options for your individual needs. She did video meetings with me during Covid and helped ease any worry about my cycle. I f
Julissa [nurse at Columbia University] was fantastic at guiding me through the whole process. She explained everything about my medications and even video chatted with me to show me how to inject. I never felt as if my questions went unanswered. She has a great personality and is very warm...The clinic is very clean and modern with the most advanced technology. You will feel like you have found the right place for treatment as soon as you walk in the door. I think being part of Columbia University makes them able to offer the latest tech and cutting-edge medical treatment.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
Doctor Rudick was very clear, honest, and detailed in explaining everything about the IUI and IVF process. I never felt as if any of my questions went unanswered. She is very knowledgeable and skilled in offering the best treatment options for your individual needs. She did video meetings with me during Covid and helped ease any worry about my cycle. I feel she is very approachable, professional and a straight shooter. I would recommend her to anyone in need of fertility treatment.
Be sure to start your fertility treatments as soon as you think you might need help. The process can take longer than one might think. It has nothing to do with Dr. Rudick's skill, but more to do with the cycles and your body. You should not expect that you can just walk right in and get pregnant within a month...it takes time. Please be patient and listen to everything Dr. Rudick says, follow her instructions perfectly and you should get the results you desire.
Doctor Rudick and her staff were so supportive and explained every detail to the fullest extent in a manner that I could understand. I never felt rushed or pressured or taken advantage of.
I 1st did IUI ONLY because IVF wasn't covered by my insurance. For that I was put on BC, Clomid and did a trigger shot. This was after having an HSG and unblocking a tube. -Then I did IVF when my insurance covered it, I was on Menupur injections, cetrotide, and gonal injections, did the egg retrieval, did genetic testing of embryos, did transfer....positive pregnancy, still taking estradiol pill and progesterone oil injections until week 10.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Julissa Moto)
Julissa was fantastic at guiding me through the whole process. She explained everything about my medications and even video chatted with me to show me how to inject. I never felt as if my questions went unanswered. She has a great personality and is very warm.
Copay
Columbia University

After six unsuccessful IUI attempts [with Dr. Rudick], we moved onto IVF. We had one egg retrieval round that did not yield viable eggs. For the second egg retrieval, Dr. Rudick increased the dosages of the medication I was taking daily...The second retrieval yielded a higher number of eggs and several that were viable. For the transfer, Dr. Rudick explained a the pros and cons of a medicated versus natural cycle and the possible steps that would follow in the case of a positive or negative outcome. We chose a natural cycle, knowing that if it was unsuccessful, we would have the option of taking a medicated course of action.
I can't say enough wonderful things about Julissa Mota and the coordinating staff who work with Dr. Rudick [at Columbia University]. Her whole team and the entire team at Columbia Fertility are incredible communicators, very organized and super compassionate. It has been such a pleasure to feel their presence on this journey.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
As a patient, Dr. Rudick was always accessible even when I did not see her for routine morning monitoring appointments. I knew that she reviewed my results and I trusted her prescribed courses of action. As we graduated from monthly IUIs to more complicated procedures such as egg retrievals, polyp removal, and embryo transfers, there was a big shift in our relationship: I saw Dr. Rudick more frequently and she went out of her way to schedule my procedures so she would be the doctor performing them. On the occasion that she could not be there to perform a procedure, she emailed me ahead of time to let me know she was thinking of me and my partner. For a patient who had never been through this process, that was everything. In recovery, Dr. Rudick popped in to say hello, to see how I was feeling and to answer any questions. At the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, all procedures had to stop at Columbia Fertility. During this period, I was concerned that we would lose too much time and that it would seriously impact our chances of having a baby. Once again, Dr. Rudick was not shy about being in touch with her patients and being honest about next steps. It was incredible. .
My advice would be to always have an agreed upon course of action and to make it specific. This is advice I would give for any patient working with a doctor.
First and foremost, my partner and I could not be happier with Dr. Rudick. From our first meeting with her, we knew that she was personable, professional, intelligent, and compassionate. She is a very warm, empathetic doctor who truly cares for her patients. In a city like New York where so many woman are trying to conceive, it's challenging to be there 100% of the time for every single patient. It's important to understand that fact before beginning this process. Still, Dr. Rudick emails with her patients directly, and usually very quickly. She also has a tone that let's you know she understands what you're going through, good or bad. Of course, Dr. Rudick can't possibly email all of her patients individually with test results for each and every appointment, which is where her staff of nurses steps in and delivers the same level of care and clear communication as Dr. Rudick.
We started with monthly IUIs before insurance would pay for IVF coverage. Dr. Rudick explained that this was standard, but I wish we could have skipped over some of these cycles. At one point, Dr. Rudick suggested that I undergo a back-to-back IUI (two days in a row) because she thought the internal environment was ideal. It was not successful, but this accelerated our timeline by one month. After six unsuccessful IUI attempts, we moved onto IVF. We had one egg retrieval round that did not yield viable eggs. For the second egg retrieval, Dr. Rudick increased the dosages of the medication I was taking daily. I experienced significant physical changes from the increased dosages, which I took as a good sign. And it was! The second retrieval yielded a higher number of eggs and several that were viable. For the transfer, Dr. Rudick explained a the pros and cons of a medicated versus natural cycle and the possible steps that would follow in the case of a positive or negative outcome. We chose a natural cycle, knowing that if it was unsuccessful, we would have the option of taking a medicated course of action.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Julissa Mota, RN)
I can't say enough wonderful things about Julissa Mota and the coordinating staff who work with Dr. Rudick. Her whole team and the entire team at Columbia Fertility are incredible communicators, very organized and super compassionate. It has been such a pleasure to feel their presence on this journey.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Strengths: Flexibility in scheduling, Follow-up communication Location Hours of operation Open door policy Caring and compassionate phlebotomists, nurses, insurance coordinators, appointment coordinators, and doctors. Weaknesses: Sometimes it was unclear where I was in the approval process with the insurance company. There were occasions when I received emails with instructions the night before a procedure and they were clearly written for a heterosexual couple, so it included instructions for "specimen collection."
IUI procedure ($550 per cycle) x 6 cycles = $3,300 IVF meds = $200 Retrievals: $1,000 Hysteroscopy: $550 Donor Sperm: $4,000 Transport fees: $200 Total: $9,250 (roughly)
Columbia University

We finally decided to start treatment again in NY with Dr Forman and the first test he did was ERA to check why I had to FET that failed in the past .... results: I needed one a day of medication! He took the time to go over everything and realized that was the piece of the puzzle missing from the other clinic!...I have to say that Dr Forman took the time to explain everything in details and he would even email us when he was not in the office to check if we were ok or congratulate us for the results. The treatment we received was excellent. Before going to Columbia I was treated by a fertility clinic in NJ and I could definitely “feel” the difference between clinics. I did not mind driving all the way from to NJ even for a morning monitoring because I knew I was in good hands and when you go thru this you want to make sure your Doctor is the best !
My nurse [at Columbia] was Christine and she was excellent... took the time to explain things in detailed and always answered all my questions (I had a lot!) My case coordinator was Gertrude and she was great! Always a smile on her face and making sure we were ok!...The clinic was excellent! Always trying to schedule my appointments according to my needs considering I was coming from NJ and phone calls or emails were answered right away!! The technology and everything on yo ur application make things easier for patients!
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
No words can express how grateful I am to have Dr. Forman and his amazing team care for me during my IVF journey. Everyone was so caring and detail oriented every step of the way. Dr. Forman collaborates with the patient and the nursing/lab team to provide efficient, timely results. I would highly recommend this center for any friends and family wishing to start a family. Dr Forman takes care of his patients in a way that I have never seen it before. He will email/call even when he was away just to check on us!
Listen to him and don’t doubt him... he definitely knows what he is doing. But even if you have any questions, he will always answer you!
Dr Forman was my first IVF doctor in NJ but the. He moved to NY. We figured we could stay in the NJ clinic because it would be the same ... we were wrong! We finally decided to start treatment again in NY with Dr Forman and the first test he did was ERA to check why I had to FET that failed in the past .... results: I needed one a day of medication! He took the time to go over everything and realized that was the piece of the puzzle missing from the other clinic!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Christine A. Helbo )
My nurse was Christine and she was excellent... took the time to explain things in detailed and always answered all my questions (I had a lot!) My case coordinator was Gertrude and she was great! Always a smile on her face and making sure we were ok!
Columbia University

Over the year that I was with her [Dr. Briana Rudick], I emailed her 1 million times and she always responded. She answered every question, and reassured me that we were doing everything we could to get me pregnant. Even when I had a different thought on a treatment plan ( based on nothing but my own googling ) she explained every detail to me and why the approach that she was recommending was indeed right....and she was right!! I would recommend her to anyone in this situation!
I love Julissa, as well as the rest of the nursing staff at Columbia. I got to know them so well over the course of a year that when it came time for my transfer "my nurse" promised she would be the one in the operating room with me, and she was! I always felt that Julissa, along with the rest of the nurses cared so much about each of us. They showed such empathy, care and warmth that can sometimes be missing from a clinical setting. I can't speak highly enough about Julissa as well as the rest of the nursing staff there!
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
I could not have been happier with my treatment under Dr. Rudick's care. From my very first appointment with her she listened and recommended the right course of action based on my past situation ( past silent Endometriosis ). She is so knowledgable and thorough, and for once I felt like I could relax because I was so confident in the doctor. Over the year that I was with her, I emailed her 1 million times and she always responded. She answered every question, and reassured me that we were doing everything we could to get me pregnant. Even when I had a different thought on a treatment plan ( based on nothing but my own googling ) she explained every detail to me and why the approach that she was recommending was indeed right....and she was right!! I would recommend her to anyone in this situation!
If you won't understand something just email or call her. She will always take the time to explain things to you.
Dr. Rudick and her team were amazing. They were always there for me. They answered every question I had, and consoled me when things didn't go my way. They showed empathy, concern and went out of their way to make sure I was comfortable with every step of the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Julissa )
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I really loved Columbia. It was just the right size ( coming from Cornell this was super important to me ), it's an academic institution, the lab is incredible and the overall process was flawless. I honestly can't think of any weaknesses.
Around $13k for the IVF cycle Medication covered by insurance around $2500 for Transfer PGT testing - can't remember cost ERA tests x 2 - around $700 each time Depot Lupron - $1000 x 2 shots ( i think )

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
We only saw her [Dr. Briana Rudick] a few times before we started the IVF cycle. She treated us like number and talked down to us. When we asked her questions, she wouldn't answer us directly or at all. English isn't my first language. So when I asked her questions, she would say "what's the matter!?" "I don't understand what was your question?!" - With a louder voice and an attitude. It made me feel really stupid and lower my self esteem! I had to look at my husband like I did something wrong?!. Before we started the cycle, we didn't see her to discuss about the plan. I had to email her and ask what's her protocols for this cycle she had for me. When I started the injection, I only saw her once at the first day of ultrasound visits then she went on her vacation. My husband gave good sperm samples none of them were frozen. Then he came down with most likely Coronavirus which destroyed hi
[The nurses at Columbia University] are great team and take good care of me...We had to cancelled our IVF cycle at the day my egg retrieval. We ended up doing egg freezing with us paying out of pocket...The clinic is nice and clean. The staff are very nice, friendly and professional. We were treated like a human at the clinic. There're many patients in and out every time we visited the clinic, but we never had to wait so long on each visits.
How was your experience with Briana Rudick at Columbia University?
She's arrogant and disrespectful. Obviously did not care. The result showed! We were planing to finish up the IVF cycle with covered insurance, but we ended up doing egg freezing with paying out of pocket. My husband was super sick right before my egg retrieval. She didn't explain that it could effect his sperms and would result a failed fertilization procedure. As an experienced doctor she could have him freeze his sperms for a back up before I started my injections. At the point it was too late. We ended up freezing my eggs with no fertilization. We also had to pay out of pocket even though we had the insurance cover for the whole IVF procedure. [Husband's perspective] Rudicks complete inability to communicate effectively is off putting but not the end of the world. If she was a good Dr, and did her job. Starting an IVF cycle while on vacation without having a frozen sample as a back up? During Flu and Covid seasons? That is just incompetence! This turned an insurance covered IVF procedure into an out of pocket egg retrieval procedure. This cost us thousands of dollars, but more importantly many precious months.
Listen to your patient and you're not smarter than anybody.
We were under care of Dr. Rudick since 2018. We only saw her a few times before we started the IVF cycle. She treated us like number and talked down to us. When we asked her questions, she wouldn't answer us directly or at all. English isn't my first language. So when I asked her questions, she would say "what's the matter!?" "I don't understand what was your question?!" - With a louder voice and an attitude. It made me feel really stupid and lower my self esteem! I had to look at my husband like I did something wrong?!. Before we started the cycle, we didn't see her to discuss about the plan. I had to email her and ask what's her protocols for this cycle she had for me. When I started the injection, I only saw her once at the first day of ultrasound visits then she went on her vacation. My husband gave good sperm samples none of them were frozen. Then he came down with most likely Coronavirus which destroyed his sperms for 3 months. We did not find any of this out until I began my cycle and had no recourse. The Dr. who was on vacation and shown no interest in our procedure created no safe guards. We started with our insurance covered IVF cycle and ended up paying out of pocket for egg freezing. Not a procedure we had any interest in doing. All of this was preventable. [Husband's perspective] Rather than understanding our questions she lectured us on topics we already knew about. And ignored the things we actually needed to know. She would completely ignore me while I was in the room. We would then have to spend hours translating everything among ourselves and make follow us calls to the office trying to figure out what she's talking about. Odds of success and probabilities are a big part of IVF. Planning our lives and budget around our chances. Fortifying our emotions to possible outcomes. Rudick spoke to us as though we could not comprehend this topic. Repeated questions led to only frustration. I taught statistics on college level. We can keep up!
We started with Follistim 225 units and Menopur 1 vial daily for 3 days, then added Genirelix 250 mg on the forth day. I injected those for 6 days and injected the Pregnyl 10,000 unit vial trigger shot and took Doxycycline 100mg tablets on day 7. My egg retrieval was on day 8. I was hoping to retrieve 13-15 eggs as I was diagnosed with great numbers of follicles and the hormones level. The first couple of days after the injections my eggs were growing in great numbers and sizes, but times went by some of my eggs grew bigger faster than others. Dr.Rudick told our nurse while she was on her vacation to had me continue the same dose medications. Because some of my eggs were mature and they didn't want them to over mature while other eggs were still tiny, so we had to finish the medication and I had my egg retrieval on day 8 with 10 eggs retrieved and 9 of them were mature for freezing.
They are great team and take good care of me.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
We were covered by our insurance for IVF cycle except the genetic testing and embryo storage. We had to cancelled our IVF cycle at the day my egg retrieval. We ended up doing egg freezing with us paying out of pocket.
We agreed to do a single embryo transfer, but we hadn't gone that far. We ended up the cycle with egg freezing.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman treated me with kindness and grace the entire time - he was authentic and optimistic even in our first consultation, and when he called me with my positive pregnancy test, I could tell the result was positive by his intonation on the phone that Sunday morning (yes, he truly goes above and beyond)... He is a thoughtful clinician who will look at your care and case inside and out, which is exactly what you need in your REI. And he does it with warmth, kindness, and genuine optimism while still being direct and clear. He is an outstanding communicator and is incredibly responsive - he returns emails with quick, clear, thorough explanations and immediately relieves my concerns. As a physician, I had more detailed questions about my plan/care (though I tried not to go overboard) and he authentically listened to my opinions; I was heard in a nonjudgemental way, and I truly felt like we're on the same te
The seating area [at Columbia University] is nice and spread out, and somehow miraculously never too crowded...They call you only by your first name instead of your first and last, so your privacy is respected...There are 2 private clean bathrooms in the waiting room as well. I preferred getting my blood drawn in the exam room instead of at the lab station...Hysteroscopy and repeat endometrial biopsy to confirm endometritis was gone (at my request). 2 IUIs (medicated) while waiting for embryos to be transferred from old clinic, unsuccessful but not surprising since it's IUI. Then progesterone suppositories for thin endometrial lining - lining wasn't as responsive as it was at stim for egg retrievals with injectables, so transfer was canceled. Then tried injectibles (G
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Dr. Forman is truly the best of the best. I say this both as a patient and as a physician who has literally worked with 100s of other doctors. He is a thoughtful clinician who will look at your care and case inside and out, which is exactly what you need in your REI. And he does it with warmth, kindness, and genuine optimism while still being direct and clear. He is an outstanding communicator and is incredibly responsive - he returns emails with quick, clear, thorough explanations and immediately relieves my concerns. As a physician, I had more detailed questions about my plan/care (though I tried not to go overboard) and he authentically listened to my opinions; I was heard in a nonjudgemental way, and I truly felt like we're on the same team. He is evidence-based and even in casual conversation would cite certain papers (that I would then look up and read on PubMed) which really put my mind at ease. I had been in a stressful, toxic clinic previously (Cornell) and upon coming to Columbia with Dr. Forman, my stress evaporated overnight, literally. And we finally had success - thanks to Dr. Forman and his team. He will fight for you and has your best interests at heart. I wish I had found him as my first REI, not second. When I move back to the West Coast, I will continue to travel to him so we can continue to grow our family with him - I literally trust him with my life. My husband and I are eternally grateful to Dr. Forman!
Trust him. You'll see that he deserves your trust.
Hysteroscopy and repeat endometrial biopsy to confirm endometritis was gone (at my request). 2 IUIs (medicated) while waiting for embryos to be transferred from old clinic, unsuccessful but not surprising since it's IUI. Then progesterone suppositories for thin endometrial lining - lining wasn't as responsive as it was at stim for egg retrievals with injectables, so transfer was canceled. Then tried injectibles (Gonal-F and menopur) for lining, which worked, and we transferred with success! Used progesterone IM injections because I was concerned the lining was less responsive to suppositories due to chronic endometritis history and lack of response to suppositories; the shots were worth the peace of mind.
Christine is also a treasure! When I was crying about a canceled cycle due to thin lining (I never cry in doctors' offices, so I was surprised!) she met with me and was authentically empathetic and not rushed. I showed her my spreadsheet of endometrial lining history from prior cycles and expressed my concerns, she didn't think I was crazy, appreciated the data, and we all came up with a gameplan which was ultimately successful.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The clinic setting is very serene, zen, and spa-like, complete with fruit and filtered water. No TVs, thank goodness. The front desk ladies are lovely and friendly. It really makes a difference to see kind faces when you're giving yourself shots daily and your entire life is revolving around IVF! The seating area is nice and spread out, and somehow miraculously never too crowded (Contrast to Cornell, where there are literally >100 patients on weekend monitoring days in the waiting room, standing room only, and some patients even take pictures of the scene, which is upsetting!). They call you only by your first name instead of your first and last, so your privacy is respected. (Again a huge contrast to Cornell, where your first and last name is shouted in front of >100+ patients.) There are 2 private clean bathrooms in the waiting room as well. I preferred getting my blood drawn in the exam room instead of at the lab station, and I think they're continuing to do this in the COVID-era.
Only copays, luckily. Freezing sperm was not covered by insurance so that was ~$600 I think. The financial team was awesome and coordinated everything with our insurance and pharmacy.
He wrote the studies on eSET so he obviously recommended eSET, which I agreed with given my age and maternal/fetal health risks with multiples.
Columbia University

Dr. Forman is knowledgeable, kind, calm, compassionate, honest and always available to answer any questions or concerns not matter the day or the time of day within minutes of my email sent to him. I felt he was always on call 24/7. He even answered a request weeks after I was discharged from his care. Similar to his team, he took the time to know me and my husband and he was always knowledgeable of both my medical and personal life. Fertility journey had many ups and downs and the one time we got bad news he made sure to make the phone call and calming and compassionately explaining the bad news and our options. I have never felt more taken care of than the time i was under Dr. Forman's care.
Christine was my main nurse and she was always so helpful and responsive. She even make sure to make an appointment to show and educate my husband and I how to administrate the progesterone shots. Columbia University Fertility Center has many nurses and nursing staff that you get to see every other day and their tremedous efforts and carrying is what makes every other day visit a pleasure. They truly go above and beyond!...The clinic is so well organized. I never experience a practice that has so many patients to work so smoothly. I never had to wait and I was always taken with in within minute after the check in. The blood work email will come in every time within 1.5 hrs after blood drawn with the instruction of what I needed to do next. The step by step explanations were very clear and not once I have to call for clarifications. My presctriptios were always called in and ready for pick up and when my pharmacy could get one of the prescription filled, the nurse called me within 15 minutes after I left their office and informed me of where I need to go to pick up that particular drug.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
Let Dr. Forman get to know you both medical records and individual. He will only be able to give you the best care and attention if he truly knows you. Follow his advice, I found that he was never once wrong!
My main concern going to to Columbia University Fertility Center and seeing the number of patiences was that I will be just a number. Something I express to Dr. Forman during our first call. Dr. Forman assured me that every patience is given the time and attention needed and he was so right. Every doctor and nurse I came in contact with knew my name, asked personal questions which they would remember to ask follow up questions at the next visit and most of all knew I couldn't seat in the chair for the blood work. Dr. Forman told me his team of nurses will try to accommodate me and once again he was correct. His team accommodated and went when above and beyond every single time to make me comfortable.
I went to Dr. Forman after three failed IUIs at a different practice. Where despite of being the only patient at the time of the appointment, my husband and I felt that after six months, they know us or care to hear out concerts. We initially met with Dr. Forman for a second opinion and with 10-15 minutes talking with him, we knew that he is the right doctor for us. After reviewing my records and learning about my husband and I, Dr. Forman recommended the IVF with the genetic testing of each individual normal embryo. In October 2019, we started the first IVF treatment, we got nine eggs of which only two of them fertilized. Both embryos were genetically tested and we learned that both were not normal. While the news was devastating, Dr. Forman called us and explained to us that this is just a set back but he doesn't think this is the end road for us. He gave us the option to try again but also not to rush and take our time making the decision. We decided to do it again and on December 31, 2019 we started our second cycle. Once again we had nine eggs but this time around four of them fertilized. And after the genetic testing, Dr. Forman called us with the good news. We had one perfect embryo! Once again Dr. Forman gave us some options and we decided to go for the transfer in March. Nine days later, we found out we are pregnant and I'm now 16 weeks and so far every pregnancy test (NP, NIPT etc.) has come back perfect.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I don't remember the exact cost but I do recall being similar to the other practice I initial went to. I'm very fortunate that my company has paid in full for my treatments.
I believe the elective single embryo transfer is the best choice as healthy pregnancy result from from quality and not quantity. I could be more happy that Dr. Forman practices the single embryo transfer.

2018 - 2020, Successful
I trusted Dr. Forman's suggestion on transferring a single embryo for my first IVF cycle and it was successful...was always kind, respectful, and took his time explaining all procedures to my husband and I. He never made us feel rushed at any point, and he took his time to answer all our questions. He made sure we understood the pros and cons of all the procedures before they were done...goes above and beyond to provide quality care for his patients. He always addresses my question and concerns since our very first meeting. He explains all procedures in detail and makes sure you understand the pros and cons before it is done. He never forces any procedures on you, he suggests it, gives you all the information, and lets you decide if you want to take that approach. Because of the quality work and great advice from Dr. Forman, I now have a healthy baby boy.
Nurse Christine[at Columbia University] is amazing. She always delivers the results by phone or email as soon as it becomes available. She is also available to answer any questions or concerns, if not she usually gets back to you as soon as she can...Overall, Columbia fertility is a wonderful place. As you exit the elevator you are greeted with friendly smiles from the front desk employees which makes you feel welcome. The office is bright, clean, and comfortable with complimentary refreshments. The wait time to be seen is very short.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
There aren't enough words to describe how amazing Dr. Eric Forman is. He is kind, very compassionate, extremely knowledgable, great communication, and he handles all procedures with great attention and care. Dr. Forman goes above and beyond to provide quality care for his patients. He always addresses my question and concerns since our very first meeting. He explains all procedures in detail and makes sure you understand the pros and cons before it is done. He never forces any procedures on you, he suggests it, gives you all the information, and lets you decide if you want to take that approach. Because of the quality work and great advice from Dr. Forman, I now have a healthy baby boy.
Ask all the questions.
Dr. Forman was always kind, respectful, and took his time explaining all procedures to my husband and I. He never made us feel rushed at any point, and he took his time to answer all our questions. He made sure we understood the pros and cons of all the procedures before they were done.
Nurse Christine is amazing. She always delivers the results by phone or email as soon as it becomes available. She is also available to answer any questions or concerns, if not she usually gets back to you as soon as she can.
Insurance covered the cost
Columbia University

During that retrieval, Dr. Forman did a scratch test to see if there was any inflammation in my uterine lining. There was a few plasma cells found, so I took an antibiotic for that. We also went back and figured out which protocol provided my thickest lining and we decided menopur and Gonal f would gain the best lining for me...was ALWAYS available. Whether it was to vent or ask small questions, there was always an email in return. He goes above and beyond for his patients. I traveled in from northern NJ to see him and he was always considerate for that too.
She [nurse at Columbia] constantly returned my phone calls to answer all my questions and keep me calm. I can’t say enough good things...Columbia is gorgeous! Everything is clean and everyone when you walk in is friendly and helpful. Every one who ever drew my blood got to know me and made me feel super comfortable. The sonographers were informative and knowledgeable. I was always able to get in contact with someone to answer my question.
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
The level of contact and patience he had for me as a patient goes above and beyond any other doctor I’ve ever seen. From the moment we met, I felt totally comfortable and respected any decisions Dr. Forman suggested as my course of treatment.
Ask questions and always be your own advocate no matter who your doctor is.
Dr. Forman was ALWAYS available. Whether it was to vent or ask small questions, there was always an email in return. He goes above and beyond for his patients. I traveled in from northern NJ to see him and he was always considerate for that too.
For all 3 IUIs we did letrozole to stimulate follicles. Then I was the one who volunteered to proceed to IVF. For the first egg retrieval, we used menopur and Gonal F. Then we added centrotide and triggered with HCG. For those frozen transfers, we did estradiol to thicken my lining and then progesterone in oil. After 1 miscarriage and 2 failed transfers, we decided to do a second egg retrieval. This was the same protocol. During that retrieval, Dr. Forman did a scratch test to see if there was any inflammation in my uterine lining. There was a few plasma cells found, so I took an antibiotic for that. We also went back and figured out which protocol provided my thickest lining and we decided menopur and Gonal f would gain the best lining for me. This was a natural cycle that I triggered a follicle and used progesterone suppositories instead of the oil. That’s what did the trick!
Christine and Gertrude are also amazing people. Christine is always so happy and positive. She constantly returned my phone calls to answer all my questions and keep me calm. I can’t say enough good things about these two women. They’re super respectful, professional, and compassionate with patients.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
I have amazing insurance as a teacher so everything was covered except for genetic testing of embryos and cryopreservation. The biopsy was $2500 per retrieval and $100 per month for storage.
I always wanted to have one child at a time and Dr. Forman is a big advocate for it, so it was perfect for us.
Columbia University

[Dr. Zev Williams is] Worth the wait!...after the septum removal, Dr Williams thought we should try naturally instead of going back to IVF. - I successfully got pregnant the first monitored cycle I did under his care, but unfortunately lost the baby due to chromosomal abnormalities. He performed the D&C - When my hormone levels returned to normal he did an endosee to examine my uterine cavity and a biopsy of my uterine lining to test for endomitritis. - we did another monitored cycle, during which I got pregnant again. Then at 6 weeks I had another miscarriage, due to a differ
[Columbia University is] Very clean, organized, compassionate, etc. I usually don't have to wait too long. I love all the nurses who take my blood - really feel like I've gotten to know them. As well as the ultrasound technicians...just one time, I was scheduled for an endosee and it wasn't put on Dr Williams calendar. But he dropped everything to come do it as fast as he could.
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
He's so smart and intuitive. After two unexplained miscarriages (via viable embryos from IVF) we saw several other doctors, and he was the other one who looked beyond the files/charts and followed his hunch that I had a uterine septum (even though an HSG exam 18 months prior with another doctor showed no issues). He was right. I always feel like he's on my side and has my back. He really takes his time talking with us - he genuinely cares about us and I never feel rushed. Absolutely no weaknesses or cons.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Worth the wait!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Dr. Williams is exceptionally caring and tuned into his patients' feelings. I always get the impression he genuinely wants to know how I'm doing emotionally, and is able to pick up on what I'm not saying. He has held my hand as the anesthesiologist prepares me for D&Cs, has gotten tissue boxes for me in anticipation of me getting upset, etc. He always lets me know exactly what to expect and talks me through his process before he begins any exam or procedure.
Describe the protocols Zev Williams used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
- Hysteroscopy to remove septum (another Columbia surgeon actually performed the procedure, after Dr Williams diagnosed it) - timed intercourse with regular monitoring (bloodwork/ultrasounds to monitor hormone levels and follicle development). When he confirmed I had the septum, not only did he believe it was 99% responsible for my two prior miscarriages (those pregnancies were via IVF), he also suspected it could've been why I wasn't able to get pregnant on my own. So after the septum removal, Dr Williams thought we should try naturally instead of going back to IVF. - I successfully got pregnant the first monitored cycle I did under his care, but unfortunately lost the baby due to chromosomal abnormalities. He performed the D&C - When my hormone levels returned to normal he did an endosee to examine my uterine cavity and a biopsy of my uterine lining to test for endomitritis. - we did another monitored cycle, during which I got pregnant again. Then at 6 weeks I had another miscarriage, due to a different type of chromosomal abnormality. Dr Williams did the D&C again - Then he did another endosee / uterine biopsy before beginning the next monitored cycle - Then Covid-19 happened and I can't go in for monitoring
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
Just one time, I was scheduled for an endosee and it wasn't put on Dr Williams calendar. But he dropped everything to come do it as fast as he could.
Zev Williams
Columbia University

Dr. Forman personally answers emails with any questions you may have. When I had an issue with medication not being called in, he helped me during the weekend so I can get my medication in time to start my IVF...Our first consultation with Dr. Forman was very detailed. He explained my diagnosis and the process moving forward. We decided to go straight to IVF due to my condition. The doctor is not the type that is overly warm, but he is knowledgeable and always on top of the latest research. He is more of the traditional and convention IVF view.
I dealt with a number of nurses [at Columbia University] while one of them was out so never really go to build good rapport...Finance department was giving out my old insurance information to doctors when I had changed insurance plans at the beginning of my IVF cycle. Failed to call in prior authorization for one of the medication resulting in me having to chase around to get the drug approved or risk delaying the start of my cycle. Did not take enough specimen for the tests we were going to perform
How was your experience with Eric Forman at Columbia University?
He is not overly warm but will be blunt and honest about the treatment ahead. I would suggest to do your own research about the latest tests available and bring it up to see if he is okay to it. Be an advocate for yourself.
Gonal F, Menuopur, Novidel trigger for egg retrieval. Lupron, estrace, and progesterone in oil for transfer.
I dealt with a number of nurses while one of them was out so never really go to build good rapport.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Clinic was bright, clean, modern. The finance department was horrible. Super hard to get in touch with. Had the wrong insurance information. The finance coordinator does not pick up the phone ever and I always had to leave messages for her to call me back. Phone tag basically. The clinic was not too transparent with costs unlike other clinics. I felt I had to advocate for myself and asks about costs.
Very quick and easy. The earlier you go the better. In an out in 15 minutes. If you want to have your doctor perform your ultrasound you need to request it and the doctor may not always be available.
Not sure yet...
He strongly suggests single embryo transfer.
Columbia University

As a physician myself, I was impressed with both Dr. Brady's clinical knowledge and competence as well as her empathetic bedside manner. If there was a setback, she would break the news in a sensitive and empathetic way, but at the same time come up with solutions to address the set-back.... I was able to email her directly with any questions (which I feel is rare with most physicians), and she would typically respond within 24 hours and answer any questions I had in detail.
The facilities at Columbia IVF are clean, well-designed and very organized. The staff including nurses and secretaries are polite and responsive to patients' needs. The physicians I saw at the clinic were excellent both in terms of clinical competence and bedside manner. The embryologists I met were professional and careful in their handling of my embryo from what I saw during my transfer.... PGS $2,500, Cyropreservation (annual) $1,200, Anesthesia $500, Igenomix PGS fee $750.
How was your experience with Paula Brady at Columbia University?
As a physician myself, I was impressed with both Dr. Brady's clinical knowledge and competence as well as her empathetic bedside manner. If there was a setback, she would break the news in a sensitive and empathetic way, but at the same time come up with solutions to address the set-back. I did not have Dr. Brady do the egg retrieval because of a conflict in my work schedule, but she did do the egg transfer. I was extremely nervous about the transfer because I ended up with only 1 genetically normal embryo after PGS screening, but I was impressed with how carefully and smoothly she preformed the transfer. The embryo ended up implanting, and I am now in the 2nd trimester of pregnancy!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paula Brady at Columbia University?
I would advise patients in general to ask their IVF doctor about their chances for success with each cycle given their individual circumstances. We did not discuss this in too much detail, and I did not think to push for more information on my chances of success because I was so focused on just starting treatment. I was 38yo when I did the egg retrieval. 12 eggs were retrieved, 7 fertilized, 3 embryos made it to day 5 and only 1 embryo was genetically normal after screening. I was surprised and disappointed that this was considered a good result for my age. I was expecting and hoping to have at least 2-3 good embryos. Every doctor wants to paint the most optimistic picture possible so I think it's important to ask about the worst outcomes too so you can prepare yourself and not be overly disappointed.
I found Dr. Brady to be warm, empathetic and patient, and I felt very comfortable under her care. I was able to email her directly with any questions (which I feel is rare with most physicians), and she would typically respond within 24 hours and answer any questions I had in detail. She would also call me directly herself with any important news and offer to talk about anything I wanted over the phone if email wasn't sufficient.
Describe the protocols Paula Brady used in your cycles at Columbia University and their degree of success.
Gonadal F (225 IU), Menopur (225 IU) and Ovidrel were used for egg retrieval. To prepare for the transfer I took estradiol 2mg BID and progesterone IM injections nightly. I continued the estradiol and progesterone injections until the 10th week of pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Katrina Leong)
The nurses explained the instructions well both verbally and through email. They were responsive to any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled for a specific time, but they were flexible at the same time. So if I needed an earlier appointment, they would easily accommodate that. I would typically get there at 7am, and my wait would be no more than 10-20min.
PGS $2,500, Cyropreservation (annual) $1,200, Anesthesia $500, Igenomix PGS fee $750. The rest was covered under insurance and required $50 copay for each clinic visit.
We only had one good embryo, so we did not have any other choices. But Dr. Brady said that she would still prefer eSET in my case any way.
Paula Brady
Columbia University

Dr Williams treats each patient like he was treating his wife or daughter. He is kind, patients and truly cares. He is easy to talk and one can tell that his mind is brilliant. He takes the time to call you with results even if it’s 10pm to help alleviate any happy/sad news. ... Williams as he is a master in early pregnancy loss. He diagnosed me with endometriosis and pcos. As a result he began by monitoring my cycles and started a medications routine.
We missed IUIs [at Columbia] due to “forgetting” we needed blood work before. ... The nurses who draw blood and morning monitoring are amazing. Sometimes there is a long wait in the am. The coordinators and the doctors personal nursing staff have very poor communication within each other which resulted in a lot of unnecessary anguish and anxiety for both my husband and myself. We had to call the emergency line more than 5 times to get our medication called into the pharmacy.
How was your experience with Zev Williams at Columbia University?
Whether it’s Dr. Williams or any other doctor, it’s really important to advocate for yourself and don’t be afraid to ask questions and share your needs.
Dr. Williams is so patient and compassionate. I have yet to meet a doctor who values his patients ideas and feedback. He takes the time despite being the head of the research and is the fertility director.
Because my husband and I got pregnant naturally two times and it ended in molar pregnancies we decided to seek dr. Williams as he is a master in early pregnancy loss. He diagnosed me with endometriosis and pcos. As a result he began by monitoring my cycles and started a medications routine.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbia University. (Assigned nurse: Alissa )
The care coordinator was amazing. But there were many mistakes and anxious moments from mishaps due to miscommunication between them. A lot of mishaps
Describe your experience with Columbia University.
The nurses who draw blood and morning monitoring are amazing. Sometimes there is a long wait in the am. The coordinators and the doctors personal nursing staff have very poor communication within each other which resulted in a lot of unnecessary anguish and anxiety for both my husband and myself. We had to call the emergency line more than 5 times to get our medication called into the pharmacy. We missed IUIs due to “forgetting” we needed blood work before.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Zev Williams at Columbia University.
30K+
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Columbia University.
I wrote it up in the past post
Zev Williams