Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
2323 Whittlesey Rd
Columbus, GA 31909
706-653-6344
Newnan
1201 Lower Fayetteville
Newnan, GA 30265
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 3Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 27
7.3
1 doctor
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The nursing staff [at Columbus Center] was mostly awesome. They were the ones that I mainly saw...They batch people and cycle everyone at the same time. They will only cycle you at certain times if you do IVF. He didn't know what my insurance would and wouldn't cover. He told me he didn't recommend and injectable cycle because my insurance wouldn't cover the medications when they actually would. He also told me my insurance wouldn't cover monitoring and they will.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
They batch people and cycle everyone at the same time. They will only cycle you at certain times if you do IVF. He didn't know what my insurance would and wouldn't cover. He told me he didn't recommend and injectable cycle because my insurance wouldn't cover the medications when they actually would. He also told me my insurance wouldn't cover monitoring and they will. He is the only RE in the area and there are a lot of people that work at my company. I wonder how many people spent way more money than they should because he didn't check or gave them wrong info.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Prakash Thiruppath at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology?
He batches patients and does the same protocols for all. He won't let you cycle if he feels like you won't help his success ratings. My FSH was higher than he wanted so he kept pushing donor eggs on me no matter how many times I told him I wasn't interested in it.
The nursing staff was mostly awesome. They were the ones that I mainly saw.
What specific things went wrong at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology?
How was your experience with Prakash Thiruppath at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology?
Treatment the same for everyone. I have a friend that also went to his clinic and he did the exact same thing for us both. Although I was only 30 at the time, I am a poor responder to meds. Rather than treat me as such, he gave me the same meds as he did everyone else. He is the only doctor in the area so he can charge what he wants. I've been told by several people that went there that they felt like he was all about money. I tend to agree. He Recommends IVF for everyone. I felt no compassion during my loss. He never asked how I was, never apologized for my loss, never acknowledged that this could be a difficult time. At 7w i went in for a scan to find that there was no baby in my uterus so it was ectopic. In that same visit, he Just pushed IVF on me immediately rather than let me grieve. Show him the money and he's your doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Prakash Thiruppath at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology?
I have a friend that achieved a pregnancy with him but she was an easy case. Blocked tubes only and pregnant on her first IVF. As someone that took more to achieve a pregnancy, I didn't feel like he was willing to help or work with me.
Describe the protocols Prakash Thiruppath used in your cycles at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology and their degree of success.
I did clomid and femera timed intercourse cycles. Then femera and clomid IUI cycles. My last cycle we went back to a clomid and timed intercourse cycle which did end in a positive but I lost the baby because it was suspected to be in my tube. All the rest of my cycles were negative.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Prakash Thiruppath at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
Very expensive
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
They [Columbus Ctr for Repro Endocrinology] really have done a great job of creating a well oiled machine. Everything always runs so smoothly and they make each patient feel just important as the next. Everyone is friendly and the clinic itself is nice and clean... IVF is approximately $18,000 with meds and IUI is roughly $1,600 with monitoring (with insurance Covering some of the blood work and ultrasounds)
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
They really have done a great job of creating a well oiled machine. Everything always runs so smoothly and they make each patient feel just important as the next. Everyone is friendly and the clinic itself is nice and clean
Dr T has always been great about reviewing my chart BEFORE entering the room and always greets me with a warm welcome and is always up To speed on what’s going on with us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology. (Assigned nurse: Beth, Kendall others. They’re all great)
The nursing staff is always friendly and very organized. They make you feel at ease while moving things along so you don’t spend the entire day at the office. They make sure any concerns are addressed with the doctor before you leave the office.
Dr T is great about telling you very clearly and explaining each step of Your fertility journey. He always shows care and compassion and always tries to be as positive as possible while not giving false hope
Take the first step and go see him! I wish we had sooner
We started with medicated cycles and then moved on to IUI. Due to the fact we have conceived before he wanted us to try IUI but always says IVF may be our best bet due to MFI and RPL
Describe Prakash Thiruppath's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
I love that he will allow us to transfer two when the time comes because we want to transfer two
Columbus
They [Colombus Center] explain everything, they are all very nice in his office, and you don’t feel out of place going through a difficult process... They rush things. Sometimes you understand what’s going on. You’re not given results of blood tests unless they are betas. It seems kinda of like a cattle call sort of thing. The dr is very nice though... Some [nurses] rush ultrasounds and don’t show follicles fully, one will say a follicle is a cyst and other will say it’s a follicle
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
They explain everything, they are all very nice in his office, and you don’t feel out of place going through a difficult process
Some rush ultrasounds and don’t show follicles fully, one will say a follicle is a cyst and other will say it’s a follicle
I feel as if treatment is rushed at times, they triggered me thinking a cyst was a follicle on cycle day 8, which was a wasted cycle. He only sees you during cd 3 baseline visit each cycle and they don’t tell you results of blood tests they take each visit and don’t have an online access site where you can see if you even ovulated or not
Treatments are very expensive and it’s 50/59 if you’re happy with the visits
Prescribed meds, gives you a few ultrasounds then triggers you to ha e sex next 3 days
I have tricsre prime and medicated cycles are covered 100 percent
Columbus
I cannot think of any weaknesses. They [Columbus Center] are a great team and family. Every day that you visit the clinic it just flows with success. The only problem I have ever had is with the assistant that makes appointments and answers phones. She is very rude at times. Not a very approachable person....Very friendly and compassionate. Always willing to help in anyway.... When you walk in the automatically know who I am without looking at paperwork.
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
I cannot think of any weaknesses. They are a great team and family. Every day that you visit the clinic it just flows with success. The only problem I have ever had is with the assistant that makes appointments and answers phones. She is very rude at times. Not a very approachable person.
When you walk in the automatically know who I am without looking at paperwork. If I had a question or concern they did thier best to explain or calm my nerves.
Very friendly and compassionate. Always willing to help in anyway.
He is a great doctor and very knowledgeable. He ran more tests and was more involved than my last doctor. Dr T monitors you during your cycle very well. When he told me ivf was our only option he didn’t make me feel uncomfortable when I was crying in his office.
Make sure you tell him EVERYTHING you are experiencing.
I would take Femera in days 3-7. Ultrasound in day 3,6, 10 and typically trigger on day 10. I was an early ovulator. Triggering in day 10 was usually successful. I always had mature follicles.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I believe one of there [Columbus Center] main weaknesses is, the fact they charge so much! They are in a military town and take extreme advantage of that’ also i wish the nurses were more nice to patients along with being more gentle!...Some of them [nurses] were great but others seemed like they hated their jobs...$50 per co pay! $150 per clomid dose! 275 for ovadrill and 18,000 for IVF Also 5400 for my surgery
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Columbus Center for Reproductive Endocrinology.
I believe one of there main weaknesses is, the fact they charge so much! They are in a military town and take extreme advantage of that’ also i wish the nurses were more nice to patients along with being more gentle!
He was always very concerned no matter what my questions were.
Some of them were great but others seemed like they hated their jobs.
He was great!! He was always very gentle! When I had surgery he did nothing but help me through it! Every issue we had come to light, he tried to stay positive and keep me going! Although his prices are extremely high he was able to stop my bleeding and remove my septum! Also most if not all the endometriosis.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
High dosages in medications, ultra sounds at every visit!
$50 per co pay! $150 per clomid dose! 275 for ovadrill and 18,000 for IVF. Also 5400 for my surgery
1 IUI, IVF
Dr. Thirrupathi and my entire experience at Columbus Center for Reproductive‎ Endocrinology & Infertility (CCREI) was absolutely wonderful. One-on-one personal attention & care from Dr.T at each visit. He is very attentive, willing to answer questions & discuss any concerns. If problems arise he is prompt, courteous & professional in providing immediate responses and medical care. I would HIGHLY recommend CCREI to everyone.
1 IUI, IVF