Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
4425 Ponce de Leon Blvd
Coral Gables, FL 33146
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Conceptions Florida to a friend?

9.7

2 doctors
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I think the clinics strengths are how they are so advanced with technology which makes staying connected for everything much easier. They answer emails quickly, and use the patient portal to communicate with patients in the most efficient way. Wait times when you have any appointment are not bad at all. Every cycle for any treatment you are receiving is very organized and personalized depending on your needs. Some weaknesses are: Depending on the reason for your visit, the wait time to get an appointment to see Dr. Hernandez-Rey may take more than a few weeks. But I believe if you explain your situation, they will be more than willing to work with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
At every visit and experience with Dr. Hernandez-Rey and his staff, I felt very cared for and important. The doctor and his staff always made me feel welcomed and showed unconditional love and support through each cycle and treatment that I went through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Brittany Grinstead)
The entire staff at Conceptions Florida are amazing! With as busy as they are, they make the time to explain anything you ask and go out of their way to make sure you feel great and comfortable. The 2 main IVF nurse coordinators are such blessings! Since during my last treatment I did not have a significant other, they were my support team the entire time. They are very compassionate, patient, empathizing and very professional. Everyone from the front desk all the way to the nurse in the procedure room was so great! I cannot say enough how much they really made this experience a great one, regardless of the unfortunate results.
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
In this harsh world of infertility, every patient needs a doctor who can empathize and go above and beyond to make them (the patient) feel as comfortable as possible. Dr. Hernandez-Rey is exactly that kind of doctor. While being upfront and honest about everything and anything that has to do with any cycle or treatment, he also portrays concern for the patient as if it were his family. Dr. Hernandez-Rey truly does care about his patients and everything they have to go through. He never once made me feel pressured into doing any one specific treatment instead of another. He will always give his best advice based on knowledge an experience but lets the patient "run the show". In one of my first cycles of IVF he gave me his personal number in case I had any questions or concerns because of all the emotional stress I had been under. He knew that my husband at the time (Ex-husband now) was deployed overseas and it was an extremely difficult time for me. Every time I had any questions or if I was getting results, he himself would be the one to call me. Besides being a very knowledgeable doctor, he is also a very personable doctor as well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
The one piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is that Dr. Hernandez-Rey has a lot of knowledge and experience with infertility. He is also very dependable in many aspects. He stays up to date on any new technology or treatment options that may affect the outcome of certain treatments and cycles. Along with the knowledge, experience, and dependability, he has amazing bed side manners which can make this journey a great experience.
Describe the protocols Armando Hernandez-Rey used in your cycles at Conceptions Florida and their degree of success.
Before starting any treatment, Dr. Hernandez-Rey requested all kinds of labs in order to develop a baseline and a specific course of treatment just for me based on the results. After multiple lab test, the main factor in my infertility was my ovarian reserve/egg quality and also my husband's sperm (Ex-husband currently). Dr. Hernandez-Rey was very honest in a compassionate way explaining my results and then going over the best plan of action to achieve a successful pregnancy. First treatment: Since I was out of town a lot that summer, the first treatment was oral medication to help my ovaries and just normal intercourse. Unfortunately that treatment was not successful. Second Treatment: First IVF cycle. I was on an aggressive dose of injection medication to produce a lot of eggs. Dr. Hernandez-Rey told me that although it was an aggressive dose of those medications, due to my low ovarian reserve and poor egg quality, he was not expecting a lot of eggs at retrieval. On retrieval day, he was able to retrieve 4 eggs. Out of the 4, 3 were viable. And out of the 3 eggs, zero fertilized. On this cycle, I used my husband at the time, now ex-husband, frozen sperm. Dr. Hernandez-Rey believed due to my poor egg quality and the frozen sperm, which was not the best quality either, caused the outcome of no fertilization on any of the 3 eggs. Third Treatment: Second IVF cycle. Due to my continued diagnosis of low ovarian reserve, Dr. Hernandez-Rey decided to do a mini-stim (Mini Stimulation) which means it would be a low dose of oral medication along with a low dose of injections. Since no matter how aggressive we go in stimulation medication, I will most likely respond with a low number of eggs, then doing a mini-stim will still produce a low number of eggs, but those eggs will be of better quality. Per the protocol that was set up just for my case, I took a few days or oral and about 3-4 days of low dose injection medication. On egg retrieval day, 2 eggs were retrieved and 1 was fertilized with the donor sperm I had purchased since this was something I was doing on my own. There is nothing more I want than to be a mother to a beautiful healthy child. I had gotten divorced and with my time being very limited due to my diminished ovarian reserve, then I decided to purchase donor sperm to have my child. On day 5 embryo transfer, the embryologist spoke to me explaining how my embryo had developed in the past 5 days. He provided a picture of the embryo and explained as much as he could about the embryo itself. I remember him mentioning that it was a grade A embryo! Then I saw Dr. Hernandez-Rey in the procedure room while they were prepping me for the transfer. He was the doctor who was transferring my one and only good embryo. He explained all the details of the transfer and answered any questions I had pertaining to the embryo transfer. The transfer went great and then about 10 days later i went in for a blood pregnancy test. The test came back positive! My HCG levels had some trouble doubling when it was suppose to but nonetheless I was pregnant! My first ultrasound at 6 weeks showed a sac, and a fetal pole with a flutter heartbeat. I went two weeks later to make sure everything progressed as it should have been and also check the heartbeat again. Unfortunately at this ultrasound the baby had no heartbeat. I was scheduled for a D&C the following Monday. About 2 weeks after the procedure, I had a follow up visit with Dr. Hernandez-Rey to go over the pathology results. The results showed abnormal male which meant it was a boy and that he had 2 chromosomal abnormalities due to my poor egg quality. All cycles are difficult but this one was very tough for me. I felt like I had gotten a little closer to my dreams coming true and just like that it was gone. I have not given up. I know that Dr. Hernandez-Rey has not given up either and will continue to guide me in the right direction to help me obtain a successful pregnancy and birth. .
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Conceptions Florida.
For monitoring appointments, it was based on what was most convenient to you as long as it was between specific hours since the lab pick up was at a certain time and results had to be given to the patient the same day. Once you arrived for your appointment, the wait was very minimal. Sometimes there was no wait at all. For all monitoring appointments this clinic is very well organized while at the same time being flexible with patients schedules.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida.
For my IVF cycle treatments, the cost varied around $9K - $12K. That did not include the cost of the medications needed for each cycle. The office manager and Dr. Hernandez-Rey were very fair when it came to pricing for each cycle. Since the last cycle I did and the future cycle I will be doing will be on my own, anything helps. This infertility journey besides it being a very emotional rollercoaster, it is also a big financial rollercoaster and stress.
Describe Armando Hernandez-Rey's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Florida.
In all my cycles, there was no need to decide how many embryos to transfer. Dr. Hernandez-Rey and his staff did speak to me before starting any cycle about how many embryos they recommend transferring depending on the women age, egg quality and embryo quality.
Coral Gables

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida.

The flexibility of scheduling is also a plus. Everyone [at Conceptions] is overall friendly and has great bedside manner. The office is very cleanly. In terms of coordinating my everchanging needs it is sometimes a challenge to keep track and work with so many people on the team, billing staff, insurance, front desk, nurses, etc. However, I have learned it is easiest to communicate via email. Wait time to be seen in the office is usually not too bad, except for the few times during peak IVF cycles when it has been quite long.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Dr. Karipcin is amazing! The flexibility of scheduling is also a plus. Everyone is overall friendly and has great bedside manner. The office is very cleanly. In terms of coordinating my everchanging needs it is sometimes a challenge to keep track and work with so many people on the team, billing staff, insurance, front desk, nurses, etc. However, I have learned it is easiest to communicate via email. Wait time to be seen in the office is usually not too bad, except for the few times during peak IVF cycles when it has been quite long.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Karipcin has a genuine and realistic approach that feels intimate when working with me as a patient. She is personable and heartfelt and always makes the time without rushing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida.
There are many nurses, some of which handle IVF, IUI, or basic functions in the clinic. As our treatments have adjusted we have been passed around quite a bit’ and it is difficult to build a comfortable relationship with the nursing staff.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Florida?
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Karipcin’s passion and intelligence regarding her job is evident. Not only does she help to make my understanding of my diagnosis and treatment clear, but she also shows personal regard for my emotions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Ask questions if you want something explained in a different way or you simply want more information.
Describe the protocols Sinem Karipcin used in your cycles at Conceptions Florida and their degree of success.
From the very start of treatment, I was treated aggressively because of my DOR diagnosis and my husband’s MIF. Injectables were used for both IUI and of course, IVF egg retrieval prep. 150 menopur daily for IUI and 300 menopur/300 Follistim daily for IVF.
Sinem Karipcin
Coral Gables

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Our experience with the clinic [Conceptions Florida] has always been a good one. I would say that I'm not 100% in love with our current nurse. She is a little "cold" / emotionless. When she explains things it comes out very robotic. We had a previous nurse (can't remember her name ) that was the opposite! We loved her!... UI: I started Clomid on day 5 of my cycle. Had 2, maybe 3 follow up appts which included ultrasounds to monitor the growth of the follicles. I was told to take my trigger shot and came to the office 2 days later for the insemination. He recommended a second insemination the following day so we did that!
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Our experience with the clinic has always been a good one. I would say that I'm not 100% in love with our current nurse. She is a little "cold" / emotionless. When she explains things it comes out very robotic. We had a previous nurse (can't remember her name ) that was the opposite! We loved her!
I 100% felt like a human. Weird to describe it that way but from the second we sat down at his office, we felt a warm presence, caring, willing to listen to our story ( patiently ) plus giving us time to ask questions. We never felt rushed. Dr Rey Hernandez always asks how I am feeling, during procedures as well. He explains what to expect before doing something and during. I'm just completely at ease and know he is doing the best for my husband and I .
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
My experience with Dr Rey Hernandez has always been a positive one. I've never felt pressured or rushed in deciding a treatment and or surgery. He successfully removed 13 fibroids including 1 in my Uterus. Even my scar is nearly invisible. After fibroid surgery, we thought IUI was next and instead he recommended we try on our own. I loved that I never felt he just wanted to collect money from us.
Have your questions and concerns ready and don't be afraid to take your time.
IUI: I started Clomid on day 5 of my cycle. Had 2, maybe 3 follow up appts which included ultrasounds to monitor the growth of the follicles. I was told to take my trigger shot and came to the office 2 days later for the insemination. He recommended a second insemination the following day so we did that!
Coral Gables

My nurses [at Conceptions Florida] cry with me and we're there for me to hold my hand every step of the way. They called me every other day to tell me my blood levels and etc. They would respond to my emails within the same day. I appreciate them and adore them for being so calming through the storm... I did not have to wait much when I would get there. I would wait about 10 minutes and than I would go in for blood work and u/s.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I truly believe that office has everything they need to help anybody going through IVF or IUI.
Dr. Hernandez-Rey takes his time with me. It was a very emotional time for us. I have endometriosis and it has affected my egg quality and he has been very honest with the whole time. The first time he meet me and my husband he told us that he was worry about me not my husband. My husband has a spinal cord injury on our honeymoon 8 years ago. Which left him paralyzed. But we have overcome many bumps and this will be another that we will overcome. Dr. Hernandez-Rey got me pregnant but unfortunately I miscarriage. But he has been amazing through this journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Brittany and Gina)
My nurses cry with me and we're there for me to hold my hand every step of the way. They called me every other day to tell me my blood levels and etc. They would respond to my emails within the same day. I appreciate them and adore them for being so calming through the storm
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Hernandez-Rey has been so amazing. He is very honest and is what I want from a doctor. He knows so much about my body and my health. He also understands my feelings and works with me and my husband.
To be honest with him and he will be very honest with you. You have to be an open book with him.
Our first IVF was cancelled due to poor response my second IVF he starter my dose at the highest and it worked. I had a totally if 12 eggs. He was able to get 7 eggs and 4 were good embryos. He put me on 3 weeks on birth control and starter me on the shots for two weeks. I did get pregnant but unfortunately I miscarriage at 8 weeks.
The cycle cost about $12,000 plus medications

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The general atmosphere at the [Conceptions Florida] clinic is very welcoming and soothing, and the simple, yet comfortable furnishings, give it a very chic, hotel-like look and feel that is super pleasing and anti-anxiety. From the front desk staff, to the nurses in the OR rooms, to the other doctors, to the medical assistants, the wonderful administrator, and other employees, everyone is excellent. The level of care I received coming in the door for the first time is unsurpassed...
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I consider Conceptions Florida my home. They are located in a very central area, called Coral Gables, a beautiful city that is reachable by car in fifteen minutes from everywhere in Miami. There is plenty of parking in the covered lot adjacent to the clinic and the building is very modern and spacious. The general atmosphere at the clinic is very welcoming and soothing, and the simple, yet comfortable furnishings, give it a very chic, hotel-like look and feel that is super pleasing and anti-anxiety. From the front desk staff, to the nurses in the OR rooms, to the other doctors, to the medical assistants, the wonderful administrator, and other employees, everyone is excellent. The level of care I received coming in the door for the first time is unsurpassed. Like me, you will feel totally at home and relaxed and all the anxiety and hesitation will melt away, not only with the care you will receive but also with the smiles and the words of encouragement you will hear all the time. In my case, those smiles and those words gave me the confidence to go on. Besides, there are chocolates and candies waiting for you everywhere. Just a sweet reward while you wait or before you go home. For me, nothing compares.
I consider Dr. Hernandez-Rey and his staff as my FAMILY. He promised me he would help me, in spite of my age and conditions, and he more than delivered. Since the beginning I was a friend, a member of his family, not only a patient, and I truly believe my miracles (fraternal twins) are here in my belly thanks to the love and attention him and his staff gave me in every single visit. I truly don't have words to thank him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Gina Aguiar)
Gina is also a special soul. Compassionate, loving, caring and positive, she was there for me every step of the way, to the point that I consider her my friend and family. When I had doubts, she was there to clarify them. When I was scared or frustrated, she was always there making me feel secure and sending those fears away. She is the best nurse I have ever met in my entire life. Dr. Hernandez-Rey and his team are lucky to have her. And I am lucky to have been her patient.
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Hernandez-Rey is a truly compassionate soul who is a blessing in the sad and difficult field of infertility. He is extremely caring and loving and right from the get go, when I talked to him, I saw in his eyes that his willingness to help women like me is what keeps him going and makes him happy. As soon as I arrived to my first consultation and saw him, I knew he was the one. It was like falling in love. You just know. And I just knew that he would be the one to help me become a mom. I waited too many years to seek medical help hoping for a "natural"miracle that never came. Then one day I decided I was going to take control of my fertility. I went to see him and, in the middle of my desperation and heartache, I discovered that hope is possible no matter the age. Age is not a factor when you truly want to be a mom. Being his patient has been a blessing. Being his friend is a privilege. I am sure we will be for the rest of our lives.
If you are looking for the most caring, loving and compassionate fertility doctor in Miami, Florida, go see him right now. Don't wait anymore. He can help you. I am proof.
I used donor eggs because I was born with "bad" eggs. Thankfully, a relative helped me for free. I also used donor sperm because I am a single woman. It was a very fast and easy process. Just synching our cycles (me and my female donor), starting her on stim medications and waiting for the retrieval. In the meantime, I was prepped with hormone medications and after a short period of time, we were transferring. Straightforward, seamless and accurate. Every case is different and I don't want to give too many details. I can tell prospective patients: your case will be thoroughly analyzed and a customized plan that perfectly suits your conditions and situation will be created for you. You will be given all the options applicable to you and you will be taken care and loved along the way by a wonderful team of doctors and staff, from beginning to end. Like I was. And I truly don't know how to thank my Conceptions Florida family for that.
The cost depends on every case. I don't want to give details that can be misleading. All I know is that the clinic will work for you and accommodate you 100%. They did with me and I am completely sure they will with you.
Coral Gables

Brand new office with state of the art surgical center (for egg retrieval and other small, invasive procedures), great lab, great exam rooms, modern clean design...I did a few cycles using Clomid, the injectable to release the egg (can't remember the name) and then IUI. Had failed cycles with Clomid and we switched from Clomid to Gonal injectable followed by again the injectable to release the egg, and IUI. Bam-pregnant. Worked like a charm. Clomid stimulated my follicle development, however sometimes apparently Clomid can produce too much mucus which still prevents sperm from reaching the egg; which is what we figured was going on.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
He spent as much time with you as you needed to explain whatever you needed explaining for.
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
He is one of the sweetest doctor's I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I would recommend him and his staff to all my friends and family if I know they are having difficulty with pregnancy issues. He listens to all your concerns and tries to help calm you down and make you feel better.
There are going to be many, many, many long days, weeks, months of waiting. Every person's body respond differently to these medications. You have to give it several cycle's to try and determine if it is the best "plan" for you and if it's not he will adjust it to try and different route. Every one will tell you have patience and "it'll happen" and these are so hard to believe. But, you have to live one day at a time and let the drugs work and trust you have one of the best fertility specialists and he will help you through the hard times.
Coral Gables

Unfortunately, because the current clinic [Conceptions Florida] was under construction during my IUI and subsequent IVF cycle, I cannot give an adequate review of the facility and its newer personnel, as the staff has grown with the opening of the current facility. I can say that, during my care, I was always treated with the utmost respect and appreciate the caring nature of each staff member I came in contact with, whether it was the front desk staff, the financial coordinator, the techs who drew my labs, the nurses who sat with me before, during and after each procedure, and especially for Dr. Hernandez-Rey himself.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Unfortunately, because the current clinic was under construction during my IUI and subsequent IVF cycle, I cannot give an adequate review of the facility and its newer personnel, as the staff has grown with the opening of the current facility. I can say that, during my care, I was always treated with the utmost respect and appreciate the caring nature of each staff member I came in contact with, whether it was the front desk staff, the financial coordinator, the techs who drew my labs, the nurses who sat with me before, during and after each procedure, and especially for Dr. Hernandez-Rey himself.
I felt that I was taken care of based on my individual needs. During my initial consultation, I walked into Dr. Hernandez-Rey’s office with all of my blood work and other test results, believing I would be told that there were no barriers in place to hinder my ability to get pregnant on my own, yet as soon as he started looking over my numbers, he said “I don’t like this, I don’t like that. We are going to redraw labs and I’m going to do an ultrasound”. I was then taken into an adjacent room where a trasnvaginal ultrasound was performed. Once that was complete, Dr. Hernandez-Rey informed me that I had a low ovarian reserve, that my body was almost acting as if it were on the verge of menopause and that if I truly wanted to make this a reality, we would need to act quickly and aggressively. As the room started to close in around me and I felt like my world had just ended, he gently placed his hand on me and told me he was on the journey with us, whatever we chose to do based on our diagnosis, and would do his very best to make our dreams come true. It was a small gesture, but it was so genuine. Through the heartache that I experienced in that appointment, I was still able to clearly see the kind, caring soul that is Dr. Armando Hernandez-Rey. I knew leaving that appointment, that HE was the one we were supposed to take that wild ride with.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Mayra and Gina )
Both Mayra (whom no longer is part of the Conceptions team) and Gina went above and beyond in their efforts to make me feel comfortable and to assure I understood all information that was relayed. I had access to them through email and was able to contact them at any time with any concern and they were great about always getting back to me in a timely manner. They are compassionate and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
Aside from loving him for making our dreams of starting a family come true, I knew from the moment I met him that I loved him. He was straightforward, but sincere. He told me bluntly what I was to expect, but gave me room to be emotional. He listened to my concerns and answered my questions with the same compassion and sympathy no matter how many times I asked it. We were initially told that IVF would be our best option, simply based on the test results I presented him with during my very first consultation with him. He wanted to see if there were any changes in my lab work so once the second round of results came in, he felt that there was a possibility that a less invasive route had potential to be successful. He didn’t push us towards one route over another. He thoroughly explained the process for both IUI and IVF and told my husband and I to think about what we felt would work best for us. We chose to attempt IUI first, which unfortunately, was unsuccessful. We could have tried a couple more times, but as a team, we decided that because my poor egg quality and low ovarian reserve were what we were up against, that IVF gave us more control over the situation. We needed to be able to find good quality eggs going the IVF route, as opposed to hoping that my body would give us a good one with each IUI cycle. I’m glad we chose to move forward with the more aggressive route instead of attempting further IUI cycles. I started my stims in a matter of a few weeks after our IUI cycle. I was working nights, 12 hour shifts, at a hospital, yet Dr Hernandez-Rey always found a way to make himself available to me whenever I needed him. At the time of my IVF, DrHernandez-Rey’s current state of the art facility was still under construction, which meant my retrieval and transfer both took place at a fertility clinic with an on site lab and surgical suite in Boca Raton, but all performed by Dr. Hernandez-Rey himself. I’d have gladly traveled anywhere to stay under his care!
In general, facing infertility, my advice would be to take everything one step at a time. Getting ahead of yourself is a recipe for disaster. In regards to fertility treatments with Dr. Hernandez-Rey, I would say that no question is a stupid question. He genuinely wants to know you and your thoughts and emotions, he wants to understand you on a personal level. Ask every question you need answered and ask them again if you need further reassurance. Know that he will tell it like it is, but it comes from a place of sympathy and genuine desire to help you reach your goals of starting the family you have so desperately longed for.
We were given 2 IVF package options. One option was for a full cycle which included a number of monitoring ultrasounds and lab work, egg retrieval and transfer. The second option, which is the one we chose, included all of the first package, as well as a second transfer of frozen embryos should the first transfer have been unsuccessful.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Payments not posted and calling me the day before my stims to tell me I can’t start because I owed money, which was a lie. They put meds on my prescription list that I didn’t need. ... I waited 2 days after retrieval for embryologist to call me and he never did. When I did talk to him, he said he had no idea that he was suppose to call me. They tried to keep my money for services not completed. I had to fight to get it back.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
The financial department is terrible. They made a mess of everything. Reception always answered, however you can never get through to anyone via call. The best way to communicate was email. The nurse team is really nice though.
He was very nice and always tried to deliver the news as gently as possible. The nurses were easy to reach via email. Some were very warm while others were very cold.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Brittany )
The nurses overall were very nice but a bit disorganized. I had to stay on top of them about what they were suppose to send me or tell me.
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
I think he was great bedside manners and is very sensitive but he lacks in experience. His choice of protocol was not the best choice for me. Also he lacked in pre-care. He only offers one supplement that doesn’t have most common vitamins to with fertility. Also, the supplement had very low doses that was not sufficient to make a difference.
Get two more opinions. He’s so nice that you automatically want to go with him but a second or third opinion might change your mind.
He used BC prior to link my cycle to his schedule since he doesn’t have enough patients... which is not good when you have DOR. Lupron, Follistim, and menopur twice a day and high doses. Only 5k trigger which I think was not enough.
He is higher than most top clinics in the area.
If I had produce embryos he said he would have done multiple transfer.
Coral Gables

I think their [Carolina Conceptions] only weakness is that they are so busy that it took me 3 months to get my first appt but after that they had me always there whenever I needed to be no issue. Everybody there from the receptionist to billing made things so easy for me. Even on that horrible day when we found out it was an ectopic pregnancy they were with me and didn't leave me alone for even a second...Each IUI was between 1200-1500 depending on the amount of ultrasounds done. then the rest was medication...The whole offices patience and compassion was one of the best I had ever seen.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I think their only weakness is that they are so busy that it took me 3 months to get my first appt but after that they had me always there whenever I needed to be no issue. Everybody there from the receptionist to billing made things so easy for me. Even on that horrible day when we found out it was an ectopic pregnancy they were with me and didn't leave me alone for even a second.
He was there every step of the way...I even called him during the weekend when I started spotting and he called me directly and was able to calm me down
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Maria Fojon)
She was AMAZING! I don't know how I could have gone through all this without her. She answered all my crazy questions no matter how many times I called. The whole offices patience and compassion was one of the best I had ever seen.
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
I know that he was with me every step of the way. He always tried to adjust my treatment if things didn't go like we had hoped. At first I was a little skeptical but from day 1 he told me all the truths but also gave me hope.
Have patience. I went through 5 cycles before I had a positive test...unfortunately it turned out to be ectopic but it happened and I'm hopeful...mostly due to him.
It wasn't discussed since we hadn't gotten to IVF yet.

PCOS, Other
Very clean! Comfortable waiting area. The tecnology seems to be up to date and they [Florida Conceptions] have more equipment than i’ve seen in other offices Sometimes the waits are very long even if i have an appointment... A cycle of IUI was about $2500 with scans and bloodwork... They are very nice and polite, follow up is easy and i am always able to reach them... The only downside is that he [Dr. Hernandez- Rey] is very busy and for most visits i see other people on the team which is inderstandable.
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Very clean! Comfortable waiting area. The tecnology seems to be up to date and they have more equipment than i’ve seen in other offices Sometimes the waits are very long even if i have an appointment
The Doctor Himself and the entire staff are very understanding and patient with all questions and concerns, he takes time to explain lrocedures and gives options for treatments that best fit my situation
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
He is extremely knowledgeable and is able to work with all of my conditions. He is professional, kind and understanding. Even though i haven’t had a positive pregnancy test yet, i know he will do his best to get me there no matter how long it takes. The only downside is that he is very busy and for most visits i see other people on the team which is inderstandable. I am always able to see him upon request but it would be great if he was personally involved in all my exams
Trust him, be open to his suggestions and if you don’t understand something- just ask. One time he even drew a picture for me so i can understand better:-)
A cycle of IUI was about $2500 with scans and bloodwork
Coral Gables

Everyone is very professional yet friendly [at Conceptions Florida]. You can tell it is a very well run facility. Despite that they are obviously a busy office, your visit does not feel rushed. I was very comfortable with Dr. Karipcin and all of her staff...The staff is overall excellent and very accommodating with my busy schedule...Since I am a physician, I am receiving a 20% professional discount...
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Everyone is very professional yet friendly. You can tell it is a very well run facility. Despite that they are obviously a busy office, your visit does not feel rushed. I was very comfortable with Dr. Karipcin and all of her staff.
Dr. Karipcin was very warm and welcoming. She also treated me like a friend which I really appreciated. She was extremely knowledgeable and answered all of my questions! Her counseling was also completely individualized to me and me only.
The staff is overall excellent and very accommodating with my busy schedule.
How was your experience with Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Karipcin was always very professional and knowledgeable. She was always available to answer questions along the way and was extremely sweet. She also clearly knows what she is doing and is very good at explaining a very complicated and nerve-wracking process. I love her!
She is wonderful! Very smart and treats you like family.
As of now, she is helping me start the process of freezing my eggs. She has fully explained the planned treatments and how she is planning to alter dosing to help prevent OHSS.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sinem Karipcin at Conceptions Florida.
Since I am a physician, I am receiving a 20% professional discount
Describe Sinem Karipcin's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Florida.
Sinem Karipcin
Coral Gables

Most of the people at the clinic [Conceptions Florida] were a pleasure to work with but i was a little disappointed that no one followed up with us after our unsuccessful IUI. This is an emotional process and a follow up call or message would have been nice. Especially to see what our future plans were...Our care coordinator was extremely nice and always kept us updated. She also returned our messages promptly...We decided to first attempt IUI as it was more economical. We chose donor sperm from California cryobank. And had 2 IUI back to back.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
Most of the people at the clinic were a pleasure to work with but i was a little disappointed that no one followed up with us after our unsuccessful IUI. This is an emotional process and a follow up call or message would have been nice. Especially to see what our future plans were.
They were very personable in the office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Manuela and Alexandra)
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
He was very nice and explained the whole process thouroughly. He reviewed all the labs with me and was great during my hystosalpingogram. He gave me and my wife different options that were available. He told us of probabilities and what to expect during the process. He was very comforting to talk to.
I would say that he was extremely nice and knowledgeable in his field. He addresses all your concerns and gives you the best options based on your needs.
For both IUI we spent approximately $5500 without the cost of sperm
Coral Gables

They are remarkably patient and kind [at Conceptions Florida] . This is the best care I've received anywhere...Anay and Brittney were both amazing. Very attentive, patient, positive and kind!...I really can't indicate a weakness. Fast responses, attentive staff.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
I really can't indicate a weakness. Fast responses, attentive staff. Everyone is so patient and kind.
Dr. Hernandez Rey and his entire staff are amazing. They are remarkably patient and kind. This is the best care I've received anywhere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Florida. (Assigned nurse: Anay and Brittney )
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Hernandez Rey is the best. He is the consummate professional, yet very kind, patient, and understanding. He has always made us feel at ease. I couldn't imagine having anyone else as my doctor. He has made himself available during every step of this journey and has been a straight shooter.
Trust him.
I have low ovarian reserve, so the doctor used clomid and goal-f to stimulate my follicles for IUI. He wanted to make sure I had more than one, so he included the injectibles as well. I ended up with 2 completely mature follicles.
They seemed very reasonable and competitive.

2013 - 2014
The clinic [Conceptions Florida] is small and the doctor and nurses know all patients and their families on a personal basis. Dr. and nurse were always accessible to answer any questions and put to ease any fears!...At the very beginning of my treatment there was some confusion about insurance authorization for the endometriosis surgery that was recommended. I don't know where the fault fell (clinic, insurance company, hospital, etc.) but it was stressful. That was the only issue we had.
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Conceptions Florida.
At the time of treatment, the current clinic was under construction. I was seen in an alternate temporary location and procedures were performed at a clinic in Boca Raton. Even so, this was an exceptionally wonderful experience. I can only imagine it is much easier in the new location!
The clinic is small and the doctor and nurses know all patients and their families on a personal basis. Dr. and nurse were always accessible to answer any questions and put to ease any fears!
How was your experience with Armando Hernandez-Rey at Conceptions Florida?
Dr. Hernandez-Rey is a compassionate and caring person and a knowledgeable doctor trained in state-of-the-art approaches to addressing fertility issues. He is forthcoming in his advised course of action and an explanation as to why this is advantageous. We were never rushed during an appointment and all our (MANY) questions were answered.