Genetic counseling: Offered
Lone Tree
10099 RidgeGate Pkwy #260
Lone Tree, CO 80124
303-586-6598
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Conceptions Reproductive Associates to a friend?

For me, I felt that the staff [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates- Lafayette] was very knowledgeable and organized. I just had to trust that they knew what they were doing, and they did. The one thing that was difficult for me was transferring my care to multiple different nurses depending on the cycle. It made sense that certain nurses were experts on different parts of the treatment, but it was a challenge transferring care so many times.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
For me, I felt that the staff was very knowledgeable and organized. I just had to trust that they knew what they were doing, and they did. The one thing that was difficult for me was transferring my care to multiple different nurses depending on the cycle. It made sense that certain nurses were experts on different parts of the treatment, but it was a challenge transferring care so many times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Greene kept it real with me throughout treatment. In the beginning I was not willing to accept IVF as the appropriate treatment for my diagnosis. Dr. Greene told me the facts and let me take the time to do any additional research that I needed to ultimately make my desicion. He was very warm and positive throughout!
The nurses were always very compassionate and made sure to communicate next steps with me. If I was confused they were very helpful in answering my questions.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
How was your experience with Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Although I didn’t see him often, he was very warm and friendly. He kept me optimistic and positive. He also was sure to share information and make sure I understood my treatment. Dr. Greene was honest with treatment and what we should expect in our situation. I am very thankful that he kept it real, but still knew how to present the information in an appropriate manner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Listen to what he has to say! He might not tell you what you want to hear, but he is giving you the appropriate information.
Describe the protocols Robert Greene used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
We went straight to IVF after the infertility diagnosis. My Fallopian tubes are occluded bilaterally and the only option for treatment was IVF. He explained that surgery could happen for me, but most insurance doesn’t cover it, I would have to wait to see if the surgery was even successful, and most women have to do IVF anyway. I did research and he was right. I don’t remember the exact protocols used, but during egg retrieval Dr. Greene monitored my follicle growth throughout and did have to make adjustments to my meds. This was successful as 19 follicles were retrieved. As for FET, we only had to transfer one embryo one time for a successful live birth.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
It was extremely expensive, but it is expensive at any clinic. My IVF treatment including genetic testing was over $19,000 and the medication was around $7,000. I do wish the clinic was more helpful in “shopping” for medication vs using the expensive specialty pharmacies.
Describe Robert Greene's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Dr. Greene explained the rationale for transferring a single embryo, but he still let us make that decision for ourselves. He presented us with facts and let us discuss what we felt was right for our family.
Lafayette

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Nurse Erika [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates- Castle Rock] wa just all over the place and disorganized in general. She would leave for vacation, fail to put in orders, fail to put in prescriptions and fail to make appointments. What really frustrates me most was that it felt as if Erika was handling me care, for instance, I asked her about the high dosage of medication, her response, just add a little more, we’ll figure it out, were “very casual here”.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Clinics strengths are that they do accept military insurance for workups. Additionally, they offer military discount which is great for disabled veteran like myself. Clinics main weakness is that they are soo wrapped up in trying to compete with Ccrm that they lose the real focus of why they are her, to get us pregnant. It is disappointing to be at a clinic whom always makes mention to another clinic, it makes the treatment inefficient, they lose out on the focus of making sure that the patient is taken care of and it is for that reason that I decided to leave conceptions and am now at Ccrm.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I only met with Dr.Bush once, during consultation. After that, all of the care or lack there of was managed by his nurse, who was always out of office, always on vacation and had no idea of who I was or what was going on at all with me, just another paycheck, no real service. Just passed around and along
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika )
Nurse Erika wa just all over the place and disorganized in general. She would leave for vacation, fail to put in orders, fail to put in prescriptions and fail to make appointments. What really frustrates me most was that it felt as if Erika was handling me care, for instance, I asked her about the high dosage of medication, her response, just add a little more, we’ll figure it out, were “very casual here”.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush put me in the mindset of a pit boss at the casino. With that, I mean that he was thee to make sure you were going to spend/lose your money with him and only him! During my one and only consultation, all he spoke about was money and other clinics, he really did not discuss with me how his clinic was better and/or how he was going to help get us pregnant. Which is all we care about. We do t care about his feelings toward other clinics and why we should not use other clinics, but tell me why you’re clinic is the best choice. Additionally, Dr.Bush misled me with stats where he boasted that his clinic was the best, after things didn’t make sense, I looked on SART only to realize that his clinic was not even listed on SART, so how can he state that his clinic has best stats in Colorado if he is not a member of SART? Just very disappointed with him and his practice.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
If I were going to advise a prospective patient, I would tell them to find a clinic that is SART certified. I would let them know that Dr. Bush will not meet with you because he is too busy, he is too busy to do a regroup, his one nurse sometimes takes days to get a response from him and more importantly that Dr.Bush will not adjust any treatment, he pretty much will just keep going and hope it turns out good which makes for ineffective treatment.
Describe the protocols Mark Bush used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
Dr.Bush suggested doing a standard protocol with injectables, however, when his nurse was out of town and no one returned my call, Dr.Bush attempted to rush my treatment by just starting just to start. To be quite honest, I can not tell you what his rationale is/was because his nurse handles everything and appears to be making decisions on dosage and such. The results were failed cycle because no one was really handling my care.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I don’t recall. He did accept military insurance and did offer military discount for service.
Castle Rock

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
[Conceptions Reproductive Associates- Littleton's] Strengths: Everyone is friendly and on your side. When I felt scared and alone, I had the nurses who comforted me. Weaknesses: Althoufh not terrible, I think the communication and organization could improve. Maybe the nurse to patient ratio is too high.... Having PCOS (and being an over producer of eggs) his strategy for the egg retrieval was to grow “low and slow” - small increments of hormone dosages that gradually increased until trigger. Because I had so many follicles, some grew much quicker than others so he adjusted the dosages so the larger ones basically stopped growing and the smaller ones continued to grow. I then had a successful retrieval.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
While Dr. Bush is excellent at what he does and provides positive results, his bedside manner is not exactly genuine - making you feel a little more like a number. However, the nurses make up for the lack of bedside manner and therefore wouldn’t have it any other way. I appreciate that he is blunt and does not sugar coat things, he gave us our beautiful baby girl.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush is excellent at what he does - helping families grow. He is confident and makes you as a patient feel confident. We put all our trust into him and without him we would not have our beautiful 6 week old baby girl. I will continue to refer him to my friends who struggle trying to conceive.
Don’t expect a great bedside manner from him, but you can from the nurses (who you primarily communicate with anyway). Also, don’t let that interfere with your trust in him - he is brilliant and knows what he is doing. He is on your side and wants a positive outcome also.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I rarely had to wait. I typically tried to get there early, but it was never overwhelming.
Describe Mark Bush's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Due to my age and health, he recommended a single transfer. He only recommends a multiple embryo transfer (2 max) dependent on age group and diagnoses.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Conceptions- Littleton] strength is its nursing staff and coordinators. The phlebotomist are amazing. The receptionists are wonderful and prompt. The IVF Financial Consultants are extremely helpful. The weaknesses would be the billing department. It took us calling them five times for them to get back to us. I am not into the fact that there are ultrasound techs. I would prefer that my doctor be the one doing my ultrasounds because then they could immediately decide my course of action
European, Latino
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The clinic strength is its nursing staff and coordinators. The phlebotomist are amazing. The receptionists are wonderful and prompt. The IVF Financial Consultants are extremely helpful. The weaknesses would be the billing department. It took us calling them five times for them to get back to us. I am not into the fact that there are ultrasound techs. I would prefer that my doctor be the one doing my ultrasounds because then they could immediately decide my course of action instead of me needing to wait to hear from a nurse and then possibly having to start the next day because I usually need to go pick up a prescription. I just wish that the doctors were a little bit more Hands-On. it seems like the clinic is run on everybody but the doctors and the doctors can't be bothered with you unless you're going to be doing IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. O'Shaughnessy is extremely blunt. From our very first meeting she seemed extremely annoyed with any questions that myself or my husband had. I felt like my previous treatment and diagnosis from my first fertility doctor in California, was brushed aside and my medical history didn't really matter to her. She made a comment during our consultation that alluded to do my PCOS diagnosis as false and that she didn't trust my first doctor's diagnosis and would be coming to her own conclusions. I have only seen her in person three times in almost a year.all of my correspondence regarding my treatment is done through a nurse. My ultrasounds are all done by an ultrasound tech. Dr. O'Shaughnessy immediately wanted to jump into IVF without trying any other options and I had to be the one to ask for other options first. When we last met with her she thought that I had asked if I could try another round of time to intercourse and slightly chuckled at that idea because she said my only options are IVF at this point. It just felt like we were in annoyance to her and she had better things you could be doing with her time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Ashley (monitoring nurse) and Sarah (IVF nurse) )
The nursing staff at conceptions Littleton is amazing. They've all shown compassion and understanding. They respond to phone calls and emails within a few hours or at least by the end of the day. They never hesitate to answer any questions and if they can't provide an immediate answer they reach out to the doctor. The nursing / ultrasound staff has been what has kept me at the clinic.
How was your experience with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
My experience as a patient of Dr. O'Shaughnessy has not been ideal. The entire group / Clinic is very cold when it comes to their doctors. I feel like it's missing a personal element. I'm thinking about finding a new doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I would go into any consultation or interaction with her knowing that it's going to be straight and to the point. There isn't really any comfort or hand-holding. Not a ton of compassion. She comes off just very direct and a little bit brass.
Describe the protocols Althea O'Shaughnessy used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
after my consultation I did blood work and found out that I had a chemical pregnancy, it was not a result of anything to do with conceptions. They induced a menstrual cycle when my HCG levels dropped below 5, which means you're no longer pregnant. After that I did several rounds of timed intercourse with letrozole and clomid. During each of those Cycles I was on estrogen and prometrium. Everything was monitored via ultrasound. Trigger injections (ovidrel) were done it home. They all resulted in negative pregnancy tests. Dr. O'Shaughnessy wanted to try an IUI because my endometrial lining was so thin, but that never happened. We tried to grow my eggs with injectables instead of an oral medication and my eggs never grew past 9 mm, but my estrogen levels were through the roof so Dr. O'Shaughnessy said that it was unsafe to proceed or up the dosage of injectables because I would grow too many eggs at once and she wouldn't be able to trigger me. During the course of the injectables my lining was the perfect thickness. After that my husband and I took a 2 month break of trying and we regrouped was Dr. O'Shaughnessy and she suggested IVF. We have yet to pull the trigger on that because the cost is so high.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
My insurance only covers $1,200 of diagnostic tests. Everything else is Bill to insurance and then I am given a bill when I show up for my next appointment for it comes in the mail. Basically, we're paying for everything out of pocket. Insurance doesn't cover a whole lot. My average visit is $200 and sometimes that several times a week.
Describe Althea O'Shaughnessy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
In our meeting where we discussed the possibility of IVF she told us that the clinic has a policy where they only transfer one embryo at a time. She said if I really really begged her she would consider putting in 2 embryos, but she would extremely advise against it because a multiple pregnancy is a high risk for mother and child and my health is the most important thing.
Littleton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
The only problem we had [with Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was with billing. We were able to get things straightened out in the end. Keeping records of everything helps!...$38,000 included egg retrieval, their own anonymous egg donor fee, IVF, and FET...we LOVE the nursing staff and doctor. Our gestational carrier even loves the office!...Dr. Grindler was very understanding and felt that I was no different than an intended parent who was infertile.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We love everything about this clinic except for billing. We have run into issues with them. We recommend that you keep records of everything, ask lots of questions, and keep all of the emails!!! Please note that we LOVE the nursing staff and doctor. Our gestational carrier even loves the office!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalia Grinder at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I have a rare medical condition that could be complicated if I was to provide my own eggs or become pregnant. While the complication was not a guarantee, the risk was too great, so we decided to move forward using an egg donor and gestational carrier. Dr. Grindler was very understanding and felt that I was no different than an intended parent who was infertile. We were turned away from other clinics, so it was nice to be treated with respect and understanding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Tasha, and Cori)
The nursing staff is AMAZING. Christina, Tasha, and Cori have been a god send. They are so organized and on top of everything. They respond in a timely manner and genuinely care about you. I couldn't have asked for a better nursing staff!!
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
How was your experience with Natalia Grinder at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Grindler is a very compassionate person. While I am not infertile, I have a rare medical condition that could be exacerbated by pregnancy and possibly result in major surgery post pregnancy. I was turned away from a clinic since I was not infertile. Dr. Grindler treated me no different and explained that her goal is to help every family that wants a baby to have one. She was very clear when outlining the process and made herself available if we had any questions. As of now, she has helped us to create 7 exceptional frozen embryos. Her plan for the egg donor - amounts of medications, timing, etc -was phenomenal, resulting in 7 frozen genetically exceptional embryos. We couldn't be more thrilled!! Our gestational carrier will soon be starting medications for the FET, and we can't wait!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalia Grinder at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Don't hesitate to ask any questions. She is more than happy to answer!
Describe the protocols Natalia Grinder used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
We don't know the exact treatment strategies as of now since she has only worked with our anonymous egg donor. Thus, we were not informed of any of the specifics of the treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalia Grinder at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Natalia Grinder
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Natalia Grinder at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

Strengths [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] : Compassionate, knowledgeable nurses. Appointments easy to make, usually did not have to wait long (except to see doctor). Weaknesses: Communication; organization; did not like that finances were kept mostly secret, you had to leave a message with their business office and likely wouldn't hear back for a day; costs were communicated verbally, not in writing. They tried to charge me a $3,500 cycle cancellation fee when my cycle was canceled after 5 days of stimulation. I disputed this, and they only charged me for services used ($1,500, plus the $1k coordination fee). This seems like a very high cancellation fee.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Strengths: Compassionate, knowledgeable nurses. Appointments easy to make, usually did not have to wait long (except to see doctor). Weaknesses: Communication; organization; did not like that finances were kept mostly secret, you had to leave a message with their business office and likely wouldn't hear back for a day; costs were communicated verbally, not in writing. They tried to charge me a $3,500 cycle cancellation fee when my cycle was canceled after 5 days of stimulation. I disputed this, and they only charged me for services used ($1,500, plus the $1k coordination fee). This seems like a very high cancellation fee.
The doctor did not seem to know me personally or to create an individualized protocol for me. Instead, I felt that I was treated like a number, and that the doctor expected me to have the same results as someone without DOR, when I now understand that she should have been aiming for very different results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Evans)
Sarah was great! She showed great compassion and always responded to my questions. My only complaints have to do with weekends/scheduled days off. My first monitoring appointment was on a Saturday. I was told I would get a call with medication instructions by that afternoon, but didn't receive it. I finally called the after-hours number, and got a response from the on-call nurse a few hours later that I didn't need to adjust anything. She did not provide me any details on how my follicles or labs were looking. This seemed very disorganized. I also did not like that every assigned nurse is out of the office one weekday per week (plus weekends), so on those days my questions would not be answered until the next day. I'm not sure why the nurses do not work 5 days per week.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I only met with the doctor during my initial consultation and then during my re-group after the canceled cycle. Every other appointment and call was with a nurse. Several times, I asked to speak with the doctor about her instructions, and instead received communications back from the nurse who said she had spoken with the doctor. Dr. O put me on a priming protocol that was questionable for someone with DOR (estrogen and birth control). I only had 2 follices during my AFC, and was put on a maximum (very expensive) dose of medications (450 follistim/150 menopur/.7 cc omnitrope). Even though I started with only 2 follicles, my cycle was canceled 5 days later due to not growing more than 2. This did not make sense to me, and wasted thousands of dollars on medications. After my canceled cycle, Dr. O basically did not have any alternative protocols to try, and wanted me to go directly to donor egg. I have since received second opinions that this suggestion makes no sense, given my relatively young age and the fact that someone with DOR should not be expected to produce a lot of eggs in the first place.
If you are in Denver, it is worth spending a bit more money to go to CCRM.
Primed with estrace for 7 days , starting 7 DPO. Birth control pill for 5 days to delay start of stimulation medications. 450 iu follistim, 150 iu menopur, and .7 cc omnitrop for 4 days; increased to 300 iu menopur on 5th day. Canceled after that.
Initial consult: $325 IVF coordination of care: $986 IVF with ICSI and PGS testing, including 1 FET: $17,354 (most of this was refunded due to canceled cycle) PGS for greater than 8 embryos: $250/extra embryo (did not actually incur this) Anesthesia: $400 (did not actually incur this) Mock transfer/hysteroscopy/doppler: $870 (did not actually incur this) Subsequent transfer: $5,100 (did not actually incur this) Additional rounds of IVF: $9,895 (including ICSI & PGS, but not transfer) (did not actually incur this) Drugs (paid to MDR pharmacy): $6,378.76 (this did not include all drugs, but cylce was canceled before ordering all) Cycle cancellation fee: $3,350 (did not actually incur this; instead, paid $1,475 for services rendered)

Male Factor, Other
They [nurses at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] are so SWEET and KIND! I walked in there and everyone from the receptionist to the techs say hello and remember your name. They sat down and explained everything in detail and don't get upset when I call back with more questions. They care about me as a person and are invested in my life...Cost are high but they include a lot more than other places. Also they work with income and really want everyone to have a chance to conceive
European, Latino, Black or African-American, Native American, Other
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Strengths are the staff really cares about you, very friendly, family atmosphere. Weakness is there are a few clinics with different hours so sometimes it can get a bit confusing but once you realize that most procedures and all transfers are at the Littleton location it's easier. I wish there was an appointment reminder.
From the moment I sat down not only did he refer to us as Mr. & Mrs he then asked what we preferred to be called. He also asked us about our journey and what we would like to do next.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
They are so SWEET and KIND! I walked in there and everyone from the receptionist to the techs say hello and remember your name. They sat down and explained everything in detail and don't get upset when I call back with more questions. They care about me as a person and are invested in my life. Even asked about my best friend's wedding I was in. They really want you to succeed.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He speaks a bit fast and for a Southern woman it was a bit hard to keep up. We hit the ground running that day and was able to do a few different things as I was about to do an IUI with my OB and he made alterations to the sperm wash for my husband. He was genuine and kind.
Take notes and ask him to slow down if he's going to fast.
We have medications in place if my lining is not thick enough and a game plan for what will happen if things look good or not. Lots of detailed communication and waiting on results as my treatment with him is still inprogress
Littleton

Conceptions have a wonderful team of administrators and nursing staff. We can email our nurses and the business office and we always get a response by end of business. I have noticed that within the past 2 years, they have had a lot of changes of Doctors. Everyone except Dr. Bush are new. If you want more of a personal experience with your nursing staff I would go to Conceptions...my nurse (Cori) orders all my medications correctly. Cori (donor nurse) is very understanding, listens and relies my concerns to Dr. Bush. I was nervous about taking a injectable due to my previous cancer history, and she was very comforting and understanding. Cori and the rest of the nursing team are wonderful. From the blood draws to ultrasound techs, they are all nice.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I came to Dr. Bush to see if I would be able to do a FET with myself and whether I could build a lining. My previous doctor had recommended a surrogate to carry our embryos. Dr. Bush actually reviewed my oncology medical records, and came up with a plan to see if I could build a lining. In his words, he wanted to see if I had a fighting chance before we went through surrogacy. Even though he knows a surrogate will be our best chance to give our embryos, he knew that is was also important to see if I could transfer myself. He has first hand reviewed my case and came up with a 3 month plan to see if I respond to estrogen. He is giving me my chance to see what my body can do.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Cori)
The staff at Conceptions is amazing! The entire nursing staff always responds to emails and voice messages within a few hours or by end of business. I have never had to wait long for a response, and my nurse (Cori) orders all my medications correctly. Cori (donor nurse) is very understanding, listens and relies my concerns to Dr. Bush. I was nervous about taking a injectable due to my previous cancer history, and she was very comforting and understanding. Cori and the rest of the nursing team are wonderful. From the blood draws to ultrasound techs, they are all nice.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I was surprised that Dr. Bush was up to speed on my case during my initial consult with him. He listened to me and gave me his thoughts. We were able to create a plan that I was happy with, and I felt that he saw me as a person and not another patient at his clinic. He responds to all my questions that I ask my nurse to ask him by the end of the day. He also was knowledgeable about IVIG during FET, which was wonderful!
Dr. Bush was blunt and up front with his concerns and thoughts. If you want a doctor who is soft and comforts you, I don't think Dr. Bush is for you. He was straight and to the point, which is what I was looking for. Our in person consult was short, less than 15 mins.
Before our consult, Dr. Bush already had an idea of what plan he wanted to take with me, and we both agreed during our consult. Our plan was to see if I could build a lining for a FET with my previous frozen embryos, and if not, we would use a surrogate. We decided to do three months of estrogen orally and vaginally and if I am responding well to add injectable estrogen in my third month trial. He wanted to try this 3 month trial to see what my body can do, so that we are not wasting one of our frozen embryos.
We already had frozen embryos when we met with Dr. Bush. So far we are in the initial process and are paying out of pocket for consults, ultrasounds and bloodwork. So far we have probably spent just under $1,000 in 4 months on bloodwork and ultrasounds, and our initial consult.
Dr. Bush highly recommended we only to a eSET, because our embryos are CCS tested.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
I had a hard time with one of the ultrasound techs [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] and shared this concern with the higher-ups. Overall, the techs are very experienced but there sometimes is one who is newer, making this already uncomfortable experience a bit more uncomfortable...they rarely transfer multiple embryos, in hopes to lower the chance of high-risk pregnancies.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Conceptions has very high success rates and a great staff. We've been quite happy overall! The only way to reach a member of the nursing team is via email or you can call and request to be called back. My previous clinic gave me a direct number for my nurse, which I preferred. That said, they are always quite fast about getting back to me and there is always an on-call nurse should you need anything immediate during stim-time.
While Dr. Bush is known for being very direct, I felt like a human because he knew my case inside and out by the time I sat down for a consultation. He knew what our end goal was (biological children) and kept the conversation focused on that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika)
I can't say enough great things about my nurse, Erika! She is incredibly experienced, knowledgeable, and very much "on my team." This journey would have been so much harder without her in my court. She's come to know my husband and I and has helped simplify this process. She has laughed with us, cried with us, and I'm sure will celebrate with us when we get out of this process!
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush is very innovative and quite brilliant. While it's known he is the doctor at Conceptions that is the "most direct" we really appreciated this. He spoke to us like we were intelligent (rather than dumbing anything down for us) and gave us an aggressive protocol suggestion. He knew our case very well and kept the conversation focused on our end goal, which is biological children.
Come with a list of questions and don't expect small talk. You'll meet with a nurse following your meeting to process everything that was discussed.
My third retrieval next month will be with Dr. Bush. We are going to try some new approaches to increase my egg quality, if possible. I am priming with testosterone, estrogen, and HGH. My stim cycle will be with Menopur-only and I will be doing a triple trigger.
$20,000 - round 1 of IVF (with Conceptions but with Dr. Greene) $12,000 - round 2 (with Conceptions but with Dr. Greene) $5,300 - round 3 (upcoming in October)
This clinic's success rates are very high so they rarely transfer multiple embryos, in hopes to lower the chance of high-risk pregnancies.
Littleton

I had a very bad experience at this location [Conceptions-Denver], but a great experience at Littleton and Lafayette. I was treated poorly from the front desk, to the nursing team to the doctor. The ultrasound tech would not allow me to look at my images when I was potentially having a miscarriage, the doctor laughed at me when I said I didn't want to stop meds and lose my pregnancy and just told me to go forward with IVF without any explanation as to why.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I would highly recommend visiting the Littleton or Lafayette office. The rose office did not treat me as I thought I should have been treated, from the front desk to the doctor, I was handed off and dismissed. Fertility is so stressful and so scary, we need reassurance that things are going the way they are supposed to be going and I absolutely did not receive that at the Rose location.
Dr. O'Shaughnessy treated my husband and I like a number. Our labs were never gone over with us thoroughly, we were never explained what was happening or what was going to happen in the future. She would throw her hands up, raise her eyebrows and said "I just don't know" every visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Liz D)
Liz D was a wonderful nurse. Unfortunately during the middle of my IUI cycle, she was let go and nobody called me to let me know. I called the office asking for my results and was told she no longer worked there as of today. My care was sent to a different office to the "monitoring nurses" which was a complete nightmare all together.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I had a very bad experience with Dr. O'Shaughnessy. I came to the clinic and opted to go to the Rose office for a quicker visit to see the doctor versus waiting for the clinic closer to me and another doctor. On our first visit, we were explained that we would have a lot of testing and come back to regroup with her. We had ultrasound, labs and a semen analysis. When we met with her to regroup, we were told "everything looks fine" and that my resting follicle count was over 20. Come to find out from seeing another doctor, all of this information was false, there was in fact something very wrong and my resting follicle wound was 7, not over 20. We did two IUI's with Dr. O'Shaughnessy and should have never even attempted this due to my lab results showing I have premature ovarian failure. I feel as though we were treated as a number, she was not compassionate and didn't care about her patients. I came in to my second followup after a miscarriage after an IUI and was absolutely hysterical and she just stared at me and got very angry when I asked for an ultrasound. It was overall a horrible experience and I do not recommend this doctor to anyone.
Don't see her unless you enjoy being treated poorly and essentially laughed at. There was no compassion when I was upset over a pregnancy loss, no explanation or further attempt, I felt as though she was simply after my money. Go see another doctor in her practice.
Two IUI's, one with Letrozole which resulted in a chemical pregnancy and another IUI with follistim which was negative.
I had no contact with billing office at the Rose location.
Denver

The benefits of a larger practice [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] are that there are a lot of resources and you get results back incredibly quickly. Challenges are that you don't see the doctor too much and it can at times feel like you are one of many. For me that wasn't an issue since I just wanted to get pregnant and they did that twice for me successfully, but if you are looking for very personalized care and hand holding, you might not get that with a larger practice and should look to a smaller practice.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The benefits of a larger practice are that there are a lot of resources and you get results back incredibly quickly. Challenges are that you don't see the doctor too much and it can at times feel like you are one of many. For me that wasn't an issue since I just wanted to get pregnant and they did that twice for me successfully, but if you are looking for very personalized care and hand holding, you might not get that with a larger practice and should look to a smaller practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Hands down, the best part about our experience was Jessica and the nursing staff. Infertility/IVF was one of the scariest/nerve wracking experiences and Jessica was an angel. She always responded to my emails within a few hours and even some within a few mins and would call me anytime I needed to talk. She explained the treatment and didn't hesitate to give me good/bad/ugly with what it was and was honest in her answers. Additionally, you can tell that she is very knowledgeable herself and knows exactly what to do! I genuinely believe she is the absolute best in what she does.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush is extremely knowledgeable and even though he isn't the warmest personality, he knows what he is doing and is committed to the best course of treatment for a successful outcome. Our previous doctor at Conceptions left to start a practice in another location and he had done a fresh transfer that resulted in our son. It wasn't even a tough decision on who would take over treatment for our frozen transfer for baby number 2 as we knew Dr. Bush was the best and would get us pregnant. Even though we only met with Dr. Bush in the initial meeting to plan the frozen transfer and the transfer itself, I knew he was managing care behind the scenes and trusted the decisions he was making. If you are looking for hand holding throughout the process, Dr. Bush might not be for you, but he certainly will do everything he can to get you pregnant.
Ask questions! He might not be as forthcoming with your treatment but will answers questions that you have so be prepared when you meet with him.
I am incredibly lucky to have great insurance coverage for infertility so I only spent about $1,200 for my frozen transfer including medications
Dr. Bush felt strongly that we only transfer one single embryo which was absolutely the best medical course of action and in the best interest of myself and a pregnancy.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I like the clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates]. It did take us several weeks to get an appointment, and it was a little confusing getting started with treatment, though I think that would be the case anywhere. They do a good job of explaining the various follow-up appointments you'll have to make.... During our appointment with Dr. Greene, we realized he hadn't received the latest test results from my urologist, even though they'd said they'd send them over.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I like the clinic. It did take us several weeks to get an appointment, and it was a little confusing getting started with treatment, though I think that would be the case anywhere. They do a good job of explaining the various follow-up appointments you'll have to make.
Dr. Greene was the kindest, most optimistic doctor I had met along my path. More importantly, it didn't feel like he was trying to give me false hope—he's just very confident in what he could do. Talking to Dr. Greene was the first time I'd felt hopeful about having kids since I learned my diagnosis.
During our appointment with Dr. Greene, we realized he hadn't received the latest test results from my urologist, even though they'd said they'd send them over. We'd planned the appointment for weeks and were more than a little upset. Dr. Greene called a nurse in, had me sign a consent form, and his nurse was able to retrieve the results straight from the lab before we were doing talking! It was probably the best experience I've ever had at a doctor's office.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I've had one meeting with Dr. Greene, but it was a great experience. He took time to answer all my questions thoughtfully and carefully. I felt like I was being treated by a doctor who actually cared.
You're in good hands. Be sure to do your own prep work and come prepared with good questions.
Because we are so early in the process, we talked about early preparation for IVF. Mostly we talked about the general outline of treatment. We haven't yet begun the treatment.
We just started and have pretty good insurance. I think we paid a few hundred dollars for the first round of blood tests for each of us.
He was more in favor of eSET because of the risk of pregnancy complications when attempting to transfer multiple embryos simultaneously.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
The nursing staff is overall very compassionate and personable at Conceptions. You end up there so often, they start to recognize and remember details about you. The nurses are quick to respond to inquiries. Calisse is very professional and optimistic, but a little pushy about IVF.... A few times, we felt a little rushed in and out of the office. Overall, the staff takes every case very seriously and genuinely wishes to see success for the patients they treat.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Conceptions has great reviews and great results. I was referred there by a family member who had a successful IVF experience. A few times, we felt a little rushed in and out of the office. Overall, the staff takes every case very seriously and genuinely wishes to see success for the patients they treat.
Dr. Greene explained the option thoroughly after evaluating our test results. He told us that he was more inclined to start the IVF process, but that IUI was also an option. When we decided to give IUI a shot, he never made us second guess ourselves. He is very personable and positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Calisse Cryer)
Dr. Greene is very knowledgable and kind. He clearly explained our options, and once we chose an option, he delved into the details of the chosen path. He is very easy to contact via email and responds quickly. One weakness I experienced was a lack of detail when it came to lab and test results.
Come ready with questions. Sometimes visits fly by, and you realized you left with more questions than answers. He is more than willing to answer questions, however!
With a less-than-cookie-cutter PCOS diagnosis, Dr. Green suggested IUI as intervention for our infertility. He prescribed Letrozole at 50mg for days 3-7, an hcg shot after a follicle was confirmed 18mm or larger, and progesterone taken twice a day after the IUI. The Letrozole was used to ensure ovulation, and I did successfully ovulate, a little earlier every month over 3 months of IUI treatment. My progesterone was tested after one week of use and Dr. Greene was satisfied with the levels. While the circumstances seemed favorable, the IUI was never successful.
Each IUI, including medication, ultrasounds, and the procedure, was around $1000.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Erika [a nurse at Conceptions] is amazing. She works hard and gives me all the information I need. She calls me to celebrate the ups and is there to help me with downs. I will say, there was a nurse who called me one, I don't remember her name, but she didn't look at my protocol first, and that was annoying, it was right before starting priming, but otherwise, Erika has cleared everything up and has been super helpful.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Overall the clinic is great, I feel like they are there to serve people. Sometimes when I have gone in early for blood draws and ultrasounds, they didn't give me that feeling, and I felt like I was an inconvenience for showing up 10 minutes early to my appointment. This was never the case at Sky Ridge, only Littleton.
I feel like I am more of a human here. They know my name, they answer questions, and they give tons of information up front. There is no secrecy in things, it is all laid out for you.
Erika is amazing. She works hard and gives me all the information I need. She calls me to celebrate the ups and is there to help me with downs. I will say, there was a nurse who called me one, I don't remember her name, but she didn't look at my protocol first, and that was annoying, it was right before starting priming, but otherwise, Erika has cleared everything up and has been super helpful.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush is not super warm and fuzzy, but he is honest. He gives examples of what he things and why and gave me a ton of information from the get go. He was very blunt about my AMH level and that continuing with IUIs would be wasting my time and my eggs. I liked that. We have a follow up on Thursday to discuss the egg retrieval. I know he is very confident in his ability and he wants to keep up his success rates, so I know he will continue to work hard to get me pregnant.
Be blunt, and ask questions. He talks very fast, but wants to be informative.
He had me start a ton of vitamins, including CoQ10, Acai Berry, Myo-Inositol, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, L-Arginine, and DHA. Started those in December and then started priming in January. Due to my low AMH, they didn't prime me with birth control, instead after ovulation, I did 3 Cetrotide injections. Then started stims on Day 3 of my next cycle. Started with 3 vials of menopur and 0.7 iu of omnitrope in the morning and 225 of gonal at night. Increased Gonal to 375 on CD7. Then on cycle day 8 added a vial of menopur at night. By CD 10 they added a 2nd vial of menopur at night.
The great thing about Dr. Bush's office is that all costs are on the website and they are all up front and honest. You don't have to jump through any hoops to get information. It is $19,411 for a full IVF cycle with PGS testing and ICSI included. This does not include medications, but is well priced overall.
We only have one embryo to transfer... But I believe Dr. Bush prefers to transfer only one, since it is less risky as far as pregnancy goes.

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths: Ease of appointment scheduling with reminder phone calls. Pleasant and polite staff. Weakness: Patient Portal needs improving. Providers [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] are frequently booked out weeks and may have to wait for consultations and follow ups.... I had different nurses for IVF coordination and FET coordination. Each nurse was knowledgeable in specific protocols used and the rational for why. Email was the easiest and fasted way to communicate.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Strengths: Ease of appointment scheduling with reminder phone calls. Pleasant and polite staff. Weakness: Patient Portal needs improving. Providers are frequently booked out weeks and may have to wait for consultations and follow ups.
Dr. Bush made a point to review all pertinent history and acknowledged/ validated feelings during difficult treatment outcomes.
I had different nurses for IVF coordination and FET coordination. Each nurse was knowledgeable in specific protocols used and the rational for why. Email was the easiest and fasted way to communicate. Phone calls required a voicemail left and calls may take a few hours to be returned
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr Bush is a very intelligent man with a strong knowledge base. He practices reproductive therapy with an evidence based approach. He makes changes appropriately with poor or unexpected cycle outcomes. He sometimes speaks using a lot of difficult to understand medical terminology but uses illustrations and graphics to help explain in a more understandable way.
Expect a lot of information to be given by Dr. Bush and don't be afraid to ask for clarification if you don't understand something.
IVF #1 Antagonist protocol using GonalF, Menopur and Cetrotide. Dual HcG and Lupron trigger. Freeze all. Rational: PCOS Diagnosis, high risk for OHSS. Results: poor responder: 3 eggs, 2 Mature, 1 fertilized did not make it to blast. IVf #2 Long Lupron with Menopur only. HCG trigger. ICSI/CCS freeze all. rational: risk for OHSS, Probable poor egg quality. Results: 14 retrieved, 11 Mature, 9 Fertilized, 6 Blastocysts- 2 euploid.
Costs were affordable and inline with the national average.
Follows appropriate recommendations for known diploid eSET.
Littleton

The staff [at Conceptions] have always been quick to return phone calls and are easy to get a hold of with questions. All of the planning for when to come into the office for procedures is done with the nurses, and they have always explained each step of the process well... The only weakness of the office overall is there is not a lot of emotion. I don’t mind there not being a lot of emotion in the conversations I have with the doctor of the rest of the staff, but if this is extremely important to you it might be something to consider.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The clinic is well known and popular because of their success. Even though a lot of people use this clinic I have always felt they are quick to return phone calls and answer questions. The only weakness of the office overall is there is not a lot of emotion. I don’t mind there not being a lot of emotion in the conversations I have with the doctor of the rest of the staff, but if this is extremely important to you it might be something to consider.
Dr. Bush does a good job at focusing on the people in front of him. I didn’t get the sense that he was trying to rush me out the door to get on to the next thing. Our appointment with him after all of our testing was done was thorough and gave us a good picture of the plan going forward. That being said the clinic prides themselves on how many successful IVFs they have done, and show you that pride through lots of numbers. While I am sure this is helpful to some, after being on the wrong side of statistics for years now, I just want to know how you are going to help me and my current situation. I appreciate that they are good at their jobs, but I don’t need to spend 1/3 of my time with the doctor reviewing charts that show me what I have already researched online.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
The staff have always been quick to return phone calls and are easy to get a hold of with questions. All of the planning for when to come into the office for procedures is done with the nurses, and they have always explained each step of the process well.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush is thorough and allows you time to ask all your questions that arise. When we decided to start with IUI I left the office with a clear understanding of the plan. So far our appointments with Dr.Bush have been straightforward.
Come prepared with questions. Just like at any other doctors office, Dr.Bush is happy to explain things but he obviously doesn’t have a lot of time to just sit there and wait. However if you come with your questions written down and are prepared they will get answered.
We husband and I are in the middle of our second IUI cycle. Dr. Bush prescribed 5 mg of Letrozole daily cycle day 3 through 7. For our first cycle I went in to the clinic cycle day 13 for a pelvic ultrasound. Once confirmed I had a dominant follicle they gave me a trigger shot. Then the IUI was performed on cycle day 14 by the nurse. This cycle they are having me go in on cycle day 12 for the ultrasound and will determine what day the IUI is on after measuring the follicles for enough growth.
I do not remember total costs of the top of my head. However, we have spent over $1,000 in testing to try to determine the cause of our infertility. I have not received the bills for our IUI yet therefore I don’t know the costs. I did pay about $350 for the progesterone and estradiol prescribed for inbetween the IUI and pregnancy test.
Denver

They [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] didn’t even bother billing my insurance for blood work insurance covers a portion of. They just billed me the cash payment and every single time I have to submit insurance billing myself.... o calculate my total cost so far would probably scare me. Each IUI treatment including ultrasounds and day 3 bloodwork got cash pay is about $1200. Other bloodwork I’ve been required to do about once a year range from $100-$200. The HSG test cost about $500.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I will be honest that my review may be bias to the fact I’ve had 3 unsuccessful IUIs. I know there is only so much a clinician can do when nature just isn’t working. If I could start from the beginning I would probably choose a different facility. I don’t feel like this facility is compassionate towards the cost of treatment.
I felt a lot of times it was all about the payments. Maybe this is more along with office staff instead of Dr, but they didn’t even bother billing my insurance for blood work insurance covers a portion of. They just billed me the cash payment and every single time I have to submit insurance billing myself.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kalise)
She was thorough with the next steps after I went in on day one of cycle and let me know what would happen through the IUI cycle. The nurses did allow for me to have my first IUI cycle before my husband’s sperm count was at a high enough number.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr Greene was up front with options, but I have only seen him twice in the 2 years I’ve been treated at this facility. Once for intake consultation and once for my HSG test. I would rather see the actual Dr more.
Ask for everything you will be charged forup front. Ask about exactly what steps will be taken for treatment as far as how many IUIs will be done unsuccessfully before they will push IVF.
Dr Greene had nothing to do with my cycles, I only had contact with nurses for this.
To calculate my total cost so far would probably scare me. Each IUI treatment including ultrasounds and day 3 bloodwork got cash pay is about $1200. Other bloodwork I’ve been required to do about once a year range from $100-$200. The HSG test cost about $500.
Lafayette

Nurse [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] failed to call with results on day 3 before beginning letrozole. I started on my own. Miscommunication caused me to skip an oral med cycle. Then my period was off, had to take provera, resulted in cyst needing to be drained... The office has 2 floors and it is hard to know where to check in at. They have multiple locations so we would do ultrasounds/blood work closer to home, and travel to the main office for procedures. This helps with my work schedule. Staff seems friendly and while the beginning was a rocky start, I came to see them as organized and on top of the paperwork.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
When we started, the clinic didn’t give instructions - stop/continue birth control - which created a delay in treatment. The office has 2 floors and it is hard to know where to check in at. They have multiple locations so we would do ultrasounds/blood work closer to home, and travel to the main office for procedures. This helps with my work schedule. Staff seems friendly and while the beginning was a rocky start, I came to see them as organized and on top of the paperwork.
I never met a doctor until we needed a regroup. Before that I saw nurses and nurse practitioners. The doctors seemed hands off with patients. However the staff I did interact with were nice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Our nurse was great. The only exception was there was a time she didn’t call with results before I started the letrozole (I took a chance and started it on my own). She answered emails in a timely manner and wven responded once when she was out of the office for an extended few days. A secondary nurse at a separate branch helped when my nurse was unavailable. This resulted in miscommunication about the reason for the regroup. I went in expecting one thing and the dr was prepared to discussion another thing.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
She was very frank at a regroup. If oral meds didn’t work she would not do injectables with IUI. She would only do IVF. She said she didn’t want me wasting money on Iui when Ivf had better outcomes. We only met once at the first regroup (still continuing care).
She seemed to push IVF ($$ for them), but I do think in my case, that is probably the only outcome that will work. She seemed compassionate and understanding, but busy enough to only communicate through nurses on a monthly basis.
She chose letrozole as I had only used clomid in the last with no results. She also wanted as least invasive as possible, so we started with oral meds with iui. Letrozole 5mg - no ovulation Miscommunication with clinic - no meds, missed cycle, regroup Letrozole 7.5mg - ovulation, 2 eggs, unsuccessful iui Letrozole 7.5mg - ovulation, 1 egg, unsuccessful iui Letrozole 7.5mg - no ovulation
Sperm wash - $95 self pay Iui - $395 self pay Letrozole - insurance - $1 Ovidril - insurance - $25 Dr appt - don’t remember -$200 initial consult and regroup? Ultrasound - $20 with insurance
Describe Natalia Grinder's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Natalia Grinder

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] is overall great the environment is cozy and comforting and all the staff I have encountered are nice and helpful. The only suggestion I have would possibly being available on the weekend like there other locations ... Both Calysse and Monica [nursing staff] are very nice they answered all my questions and are very helpful in explaining the next steps ...
East Asian, Other
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The clinic is overall great the environment is cozy and comforting and all the staff I have encountered are nice and helpful. The only suggestion I have would possibly being available on the weekend like there other locations
Dr Greene is very warm and compassionate he is understanding of my situation and he makes you feel comfortable and makes sure you understand the process you are going through the also makes sure to answer all your questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Calysse/monica)
Both Calysse and Monica are very nice they answered all my questions and are very helpful in explaining the next steps
dr GReene is great he always answers all my questions and makes sure I understand every process he also gives additional information regarding fertility and how to increase egg quality ect. He is very compassionate and friendly
Do your research and ask questions!
I am a very complex case so there were a lot of steps we had to go through in order for me to even consider IVF/IUI. I had a pregnancy with conjoined twins wich was terminated at 5.5 months complications from that surgery caused uterine perforation scraping of my colon abscess in my rectum and bone fragment was left in my uterus. I had severe abrehsiohns and scar tissue that required me to have one of my tubes removed I have had multiple laparoscopic surgeries as well as 2 HSG surgeries.
Fortunately I had coverage through my health insurance for IUI so my cost for the cycle was $350 however I did pay $225 for my office visit and $67 for progesterone and $104.89 for trigger injection plus $12 for vitamin D
Lafayette

They [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] are caring and professional doctors and nurses.Overall, Conceptions is a good facility to begin your journey when seeking out an IVF or other fertility provider. They have multiple facilities that you can choose between which is helpful; however, they are on the outside edges of Denver – there isn’t much that is centrally located which can make it difficult in scheduling appointments. The team has been very helpful in scheduling,
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
They are caring and professional doctors and nurses.Overall, Conceptions is a good facility to begin your journey when seeking out an IVF or other fertility provider. They have multiple facilities that you can choose between which is helpful; however, they are on the outside edges of Denver – there isn’t much that is centrally located which can make it difficult in scheduling appointments. The team has been very helpful in scheduling, explaining the financial aspect, explaining the IVF and/or diagnostic process and has worked with our insurance to determine what we can get covered during this time. I would suggest to new patients to call your insurance yourself upfront to check the coverage that they offer – I work in healthcare so I understand some of the insurance lingo better than others, but it’s always great to have an idea of what will be covered before you walk in. Some will cover most of the process whereas others may only cover the initial diagnostic testing. For the male side of testing, they do conduct a semen analysis at one of the sites. As a busy professional, this is pretty difficult to schedule as they one allow you to come by certain days of the week and the time window is pretty small. I really wish they had a little more flexibility with this portion of the testing.
Dr. Greene is very knowledgeable and caring. The first time my husband and I went to see him, we were not ready to proceed. And he suggested we try it naturally for a year. After a year, we still haven't gotten a success yet, so we went back to see him a month ago.
As stated, not officially started the treatment.
We have actually begun the process of seeking IVF consultation twice now. We first met with Dr. Greene a couple of years ago and life happened, so we discontinued our appointments at that time. Fast forward two years and my wife and I are in a place where we were ready to pursue this as an option and remembered Dr. Greene and his team at Conceptions in Lafayette, CO. They did a great job of explaining the process, discussing possible issues, and making us feel like this was a common problem for couples to have. My wife and I are a bit younger than some others who are seeking this treatment – we are both in our early 30s – but they have been great at explaining to us some of the reasons, causes, and solutions to the issue we have had. They have been very accommodating to our schedule, have followed up with us regarding appointments and testing as well as discussing payment options – this is an expensive process! After meeting Dr. Greene, we are excited to begin the process of working with Conceptions to conceive ourselves! I would highly recommend Conceptions in Lafayette, CO, Dr. Greene and his team of knowledgeable staff and nurses.
As stated above, we haven't officially start the treatment yet.
I don't remember. But I think it is lower than average
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
This clinic [Conceptions-Lafayette] was extremely helpful in working around my work schedule to get in. Also the entire staff is so friendly and inviting! I love the positive atmosphere... Lyndsay [a nurse] was so open and communication was easy! With me being scared through this process she was so reassuring and responsive to any and every question I had.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
This clinic was extremely helpful in working around my work schedule to get in. Also the entire staff is so friendly and inviting! I love the positive atmosphere and will be working with them in the future, as well as referring people all the time!!
While working with doctor Greene and his staff they made sure to keep open communication with us at all times. They took the time to get to know who we are and helped us keep positive through our process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Lyndsay Dole )
Lyndsay was so open and communication was easy! With me being scared through this process she was so reassuring and responsive to any and every question I had.
Dr Greene was able to help us start our family he was caring and positive through it all. We had a rough road and he made sure to explain everything in depth not leaving out anything. The more we knew about our situation we were able to get around obstacles. Dr Greene helped gives us the hope we needed to do this!
Email is a great way to communicate, also the blogs on the site by Dr. Greene are helpful.
We went through many hormones for egg retrieval as well as for our transfer. Metformin- to help egg quality. CoQ10, resveratrol, açaí berry- supplements Menopur injections Gonal F injections Cetrotide injections Novarel injections Lupron trigger shot All of these medications were successful and did what they needed to
We were extremely lucky our health insurance actually helped pay for our treatment. They clinic was very open with costs and the financial options that we have.
With the success rate I believe the single transfer is the best course of treatment

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Conceptions has an amazing lab, an amazing embryology team and great doctors that have some of the best success rates in the country. I love that the front desk people know me by first name, the ultrasound techs and phlebotomists really care for you and make your visit personable. The billing office is great and easy to deal with as well.... IVF Cycle is $19,411. Your meds range from $4,000-$6,000. Mine were top of the scale. Second retrieval was $9225 not including medications.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Dr. Greene is very personable, he cares about you as a person and can relate on a personal level to fertility treatment. He allows his patients to contact him directly and he provides knowledgable and caring answers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
I personally wish that I could have spoke to my doctor instead of the nurses at all times but this is how my clinic is ran. Veronica is a great nurse, she is very smart and knowledgable and has been doing this for a long time. However, I wish the communication was easier and I wish that there was someone to speak to 24/7. When the business hours are done, the nurses are no longer available and you have to call the emergency line. The nurses seem to more so treat you like a number than a person unfortunately.
Dr. Greene is compassionate, so knowledgable and cares so deeply about his patients. He is truly an amazing person and a great doctor. I wish that the clinic allowed the patients to see and communicate with the doctor directly more often but Dr. Greene provides his patients with his personal email so that we can bring our questions directly to him and he always gets back to you, even if he is not in the office. He is wonderful.
You are in great hands, be prepared to deal with your RN more than your MD but know that everything the RN tells you is directed by the MD.
I did two medicated IUI's, one resulted in a miscarriage and one was unsuccessful with another doctor in the practice. When it was time to move onto IVF, I decided to change doctors and it was the best decision ever. I did one IVF cycle with birth control as my prime, I did two vials of menopur, 300units of gonal f and omnitrope for 7 days. I triggered on day 7 of stims and received 13 eggs, 6 mature, 5 fertilized, 0 embryos due to poor egg quality. Second round I primed with estradiol and omnitrope and am in the middle of this cycle. I did 3 vials of menopur, 300 of gonal f and omnitrope, now on day 6 I am up to 4 vials of omnitrope and the rest is the same. Currently have 10 follicles growing nicely.
None.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Conceptions has a fantastic team. The receptionists are friendly and get to know you while you're going in for daily monitoring. The phlebotomists are skilled and friendly. The embryologist is very knowledgeable. All of the IVF nurses are caring and fantastic. Communication outside of a cycle can be spotty. While I always felt like I could get ahold of someone while cycling, it is slower to get information when waiting to start the donor process....
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Dr. Bush always remembers the specifics of our case when we meet. He explains things in a way that is easy to understand, and is willing to go into as much scientific detail as we want. I appreciate that he wants us to understand how IVF works, and how it's working in my body specifically. He also always considered my questions.
Sarah Evans was amazing! She is incredibly sweet and funny. She was so compassionate whenever she had to give us bad news, but also very hopeful that we would find success.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush doesn't have the warmest bedside manner upfront, but as we got to know him more he warmed up. He knows his stuff -- he does a lot of research, and is willing to share that with his patients. He was always prepared with the details of our case when we met, and has all of the details pulled up on the computer to show, such as exact hormone levels etc.
Dr. Bush always seems to know what he wants to say next, so it can be hard to interrupt with questions if you're feeling overwhelmed. But if you know you have something you want to ask, do it. I think our meetings became more of a true conversation once I became more informed and didn't feel so overwhelmed by the whole process.
For 3 months before each IVF cycle, I was on CoQ10, monitored DHEA, and other supplements recommended by Dr. Bush. Our first IVF cycle was a standard antagonist protocol. BCP for down-reg still resulted in a cyst, which I had aspirated before starting stims. I did Gonal-F, Menopur and omnitrope, adding in Cetrotide later. I had 6 eggs retrieved, 1 embryo which ended up abnormal. Our second IVF cycle he suggested a Dragisic protocol. He felt this would increase egg quality. We did ovulation-start estrace, then started injections with Menopur and omnitrope, adding in Cetrotide later. I had 7 eggs retrieved, which resulted in zero embryos.
I don't remember exact numbers, however we were given both a discount and a credit after the failed cycle (credit because 1 transfer was included in the upfront IVF package)
We haven't ever gotten to a transfer, but he does encourage single transfers.
Littleton

They [nurses at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] were my eyes and ears. They were my lifeline. They answered questions at all hours. They are angels...They went the safest route with single embryo because they were genetically tested...Strengths are patient communication and overall success rates. They are the best at what they do. They keep costs down as well. They are kind...They take hard cases. Weaknesses is the billing department. They make mistakes. I had to stay on them.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Strengths are patient communication and overall success rates. They are the best at what they do. They keep costs down as well. They are kind and their success rates are the best in the state for my age and competitive with the country. They take hard cases. Weaknesses is the billing department. They make mistakes. I had to stay on them.
My doctor is actually Dr. Greene but that wasn’t an option. We walked in to his office for the consult and he asked how many children we wanted. That was a question we hadn’t been asked in our old Clinic. It was like he was looking at our hopes and dreams instead of just trying to get one baby. Dr. O’Shaunassy did my retrieval and transfer. She held my hand and looked me in the eye. She was so sweet. Many of the staff members have survived infertility and were empathetic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Lindsey and Alexandra)
They were my eyes and ears. They were my lifeline. They answered questions at all hours. They are angels.
Dr. Greene and O’Shaunessy were copassionate, smart, energetic, positive, hopeful and kind. They refused to do anything that wasn’t the highest and best care. They monitored things like thyroid and vitemin d much closer than other people I knew. They were so careful not to allow me to get OHSS, even though it was tempting to continue stimulation meds.
Take notes, ask questions, advocate for yourself, be patient and have hope. Be ready for a big time commitment. Go first thing in the morning if you can for ultrasounds and blood work.
I did famera and timed intercourse. Gonal-F, Manipur, Lipton and ovadrel for retrieval. Lupron , vitamin d, baby aspirin, progesterone, Estrace and estrogen patches for transfer. I did a freeze all retrieval then icsi with PGS testing and frozen embryo transfer.
28k
Lafayette

Overall the staff were friendly and easy to schedule appointments with. The Littleton clinic [for Conceptions Reproductive Associates] is a bit confusing since they have 2 floors, I was never sure which floor to check in with. Good location and easy parking.... 2 vials menopur AM .7 cc omnitrope 1 vial menopur PM Cetrotide PM He used a higher amount of omnitrope due to my age to help with egg quality. I also stimulate easily. We got 11 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 made it to day 5/6 blastocysts. Both were tested by Natera for genetic abnormalities and both came back abnormal.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Overall the staff were friendly and easy to schedule appointments with. The Littleton clinic is a bit confusing since they have 2 floors, I was never sure which floor to check in with. Good location and easy parking.
Although he did give me a specific protocol, I wasn’t told why he made the decisions he made. It’s also unclear why we struggle to conieve when al my numbers and my husbands numbers are normal range or better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Nancy Guin )
Overall she was fine, but my first experience at another fertility clinic in Chicago was so much better. The nurse was always available and t felt like she was right beside me Gould through all the phases. I felt like Nancy was just pushing information at me.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I felt he was demeanor was arrogant and he kept giving us success percentages from their clinic over other clinics. When you’ve just failed an IVF cycle hearing this information is not helpful. I wanted more individualized care and for him to dive into what we can do specifically to help our chances. He also didn’t give our odds of trying again, just said I think you should try.
He’s definitely not warm and fuzzy. He’s a numbers person for his clinic and doesn’t seem overly concerned about the specific patient or patient needs.
Pretty straight forward from what I’ve experienced in the past. My only complaint is I had to ask the number of follicles they saw each time instead of them telling me as they’re doing it.
We are fortunate to have some fertility coverage. I think after all the medications and embryo testing, it was around $15,000. Not sure how much it would have been without insurance coverage
No comment since we didn’t get to the transfer stage

IVF, Donor Eggs
The donor egg team [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] has 3 nurses, but I primarily worked with Cori. I absolutely adore these women. They have so much compassion, are quick to respond to questions and incredible patient. They really made a horrible diagnosis manageable.... In total, including the cost of donor eggs (one frozen cycle and one fresh) we spent around $75,000.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I couldn't praise Dr. Greene or the nursing team i worked with enough. I had a few hiccups with the billing department, but they were all quickly resolved. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Greene and his team.
Dr. Greene is a caring, patient physician. He has an amazing bedside manner, and I always felt like my case was important to him. He never rushed through appointments, and always took time to answer all of my questions. At time, pulling in his peers to help gain insight.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Cori Silverman)
The donor egg team has 3 nurses, but I primarily worked with Cori. I absolutely adore these women. They have so much compassion, are quick to respond to questions and incredible patient. They really made a horrible diagnosis manageable.
Dr. Greene was the second doctor I saw at Conceptions. The first left the practice before my first donor egg cycle. I immediately felt comfortable in his care. He was persistent in his optimism for us, and honest about our options.
He is absolutely great.
Our first attempt, we used frozen donor eggs from an egg bank. This was a direction that our first doctor recommended. We only got one embryo from that cycle and it failed to implant. We decided to try again, and Dr. Greene advised us to do a fresh cycle, plus CCS screening. From that donor we ended up with 7 tested embryos. A chemical pregnancy resulted from the first transfer. For the second, we added an endometrial scratch and intralipid therapy. That transfer took, and I'm currently pregnant.
Dr. Greene really preferred transferring one embryo. I think had I really wanted to transfer two he would have, but they really prefer one.

2014 - 2017
Clinic [Conceptions] seems to be adjusting to an increased volume of patients, so they are working through some protocol updates. Missy, at the front desk, is fantastic...Nursing staff had a good attitude and was very prompt/communicative. I liked working with them...Just one time a nurse (who is no longer at the clinic) failed to call in a prescription for my pre-natal vitamins. I called to ask about it and they corrected it immediately...
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Clinic seems to be adjusting to an increased volume of patients, so they are working through some protocol updates. Missy, at the front desk, is fantastic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I felt like she really cared about my treatment and outcome. When I needed to contact her after hours she was readily available, and always reassuring. She has a very friendly 'bedside' manner and it was easy to establish a good rapport with her.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Ambler was a clear communicator and was genuinely invested in my care and outcome. I felt confident in how she approached my case, we did significant testing and based on the results she presented options and recommendations for next steps. I felt confident in her care and the plan to to get to a positive pregnancy. I've gone to Dr. Ambler twice and absolutely recommend her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Be prepared with any questions you have and she will go through them with you at your appointments. If something comes up after hours, don't be afraid to call her on-call.
Describe the protocols Dana Ambler used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
We decided to move forward with IVF from the very beginning. My first cycle for egg retrieval didn't go as planned (the follicles/eggs weren't mature enough) so we needed to cancel. I was of course very disappointed, but I really appreciated that Dr. Ambler called me herself to explain what was going on and the rationale for canceling that cycle. For the next egg retrieval cycle, we were able to change my dosing so that my follicles/eggs looked great and we could move ahead confidently for the retrieval. I've gone to Dr. Ambler for 2 embryo transfers, and they were both successful. Per her recommendation, I utilized an acupuncturist for each and found that to be very relaxing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I don't really remember but given what I know from other friends that have gone through the same thing, I think my costs were average.
Describe Dana Ambler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
In my case, Dr. Ambler recommended a single embryo transfer and I felt comfortable with her reasoning.
Denver

Omg my nurse [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was outstanding!! I mean absolutely phenomenal! She always returned emails within a timely manner and I'm talking like 2 hours give or take. She called me immediately with results and was very genuine through this entire process. She also helped us get medicine when I ran out due to having to extend our cycle a day longer. She was a blessing and I am forever thankful for her. Also, the staff was always courteous and helpful! One time I had to call the on call nurse and I received a call back within 5 minutes with a response. My phlebotomist was amazing as well! I can't say enough great things about my experien
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Strengths, you're not just a number here! Their numbers are outstanding and they take an approach like none other. They actually fight for you and not against you. I honestly can't say I would change anything! In comparison to my experience at ccrm where I was there for two months, this experience was a night and day one. Ccrm I usually waited for hours for a response and they were not willing to work with me, even give us a shot!
Where do I start? My clinic has been amazing! Dr Bush was willing to let us continue even if I did not meet the minimum standard of follicles which is 4 for his office. He wanted us to have success, just as much as we did! My nurse went above and beyond, even helping us with medication!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Evans )
Omg my nurse was outstanding!! I mean absolutely phenomenal! She always returned emails within a timely manner and I'm talking like 2 hours give or take. She called me immediately with results and was very genuine through this entire process. She also helped us get medicine when I ran out due to having to extend our cycle a day longer. She was a blessing and I am forever thankful for her. Also, the staff was always courteous and helpful! One time I had to call the on call nurse and I received a call back within 5 minutes with a response. My phlebotomist was amazing as well! I can't say enough great things about my experience!
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr Bush knew we had been under Schoolcraft prior to seeing him. He saw no reason that I should only be given a donor egg route. He was willing to fight for us and with us. He made the correct adjustments every time they were needed. He was very genuine and thorough. We knew exactly what we were getting into. He wasn't nearly as cocky as Schoolcraft and I knew it was a great fit from the beginning. Also, his stats speak for themselves. I never felt like just a number and he was always available if I needed him.
The mans brilliant! Trust what he has to say. He really looks out for the best of his patients and will fight for it just as much as you do!
We went with an antagonist protocol as he has seen s lot of success for DOR women. I primed with birth control for about two weeks, while also taking dhea, co q 10 and the vitamin cocktail. I started with 2 vials of menopur, .7cc of omnitrope and 225iu of follistim. Dr bush kept an eye on how I was responding and made adjustments as needed. Towards the end of my cycle I was up to 5 vials of menopur, 375 follistim and .7cc of omnitrope. His rationale for upping my meds each time was to keep increasing my estrogen level and to also grow my follicles last 16cm. I had an Antral follicle count of 7 and once retrieval day came I had 6 eggs and 5 of them fertilized using icsi and then we received the day 5 call. I should add, my clinic will not allow day 7's or grade c embryos as they feel these are not the best quality. Day 5 we had 3 that were in the running with one making it is a 5bb and then waiting for day 6 results. Day 6 came in and we had another 5bb while the others did not make it. They were then sent off for pgd testing, where both came back abnormal. I was told my cycle was great in comparison to my numbers and now it's a numbers game to get a normal.
$26000 was our first cycle which included almost everything from egg retrieval to transfer and all monitoring appointments. We had to pay an oocyte fee and anesthesia is all that was extra. I have the paperwork and can send it to you as well!
We unfortunately did. It make it to transfer because our embryos came back abnormal. We had discussed embryo transfer and he is known as an one embryo man. He would had transferred two if we pushed hard for it.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
The way they [Conceptions] care about their patients is practically unheard of. We knew it wouldn't be an easy road for me and they've been there every step of the way...Jessica was the best nurse I could've asked for. She answered all of my emails almost immediately and had a demeanor that really helped us to relax. She even followed up after cycles to see how we were doing, if there was anything she could to help us, etc. Just amazing...This is probably the nicest RE offices I have ever been to. The inside feels more like a spa than a fertility office.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
He took the time to explain everything in layman's terms to my husband and I. It felt like he wasn't just there to up his ART score and genuinely wanted to help us. We talked about things we had tried in the past, and one he wanted to suggest since we were successful with it (but had a miscarriage), but the reactions I had to the medicine were so bad that I refused and he accepted that with genuine understanding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Rico)
Jessica was the best nurse I could've asked for. She answered all of my emails almost immediately and had a demeanor that really helped us to relax. She even followed up after cycles to see how we were doing, if there was anything she could to help us, etc. Just amazing. Give her a raise Dr. Bush! ;)
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I think my favorite thing about Dr. Bush was that he understands my disease. I have severe endometriosis and I was going to be taking medication to help me produce more eggs, and he knew that that was going to be extremely painful for me. One night, I was so sick from my endometriosis that the nurse on call was able to help me get pain and anti-nausea medication at 9pm to help me get through the night. The way they care about their patients is practically unheard of. We knew it wouldn't be an easy road for me and they've been there every step of the way.
Be patient. Babies aren't born in a day and Dr. Bush takes the time he needs to make sure the odds are as high as possible for each procedure performed.
We did 2 iui cycles before I was laid off. Both were unsuccessful, but that's no reflection on conceptions, my uterus is just a hot mess :) We started with an HSG and a SHG. Left tube was open and I was given the go ahead to try IUI as long as I was ovulating from the left side. I took femara for 5 days, went in for an ultrasound on cd12, and if all looked well, we did the trigger shot and the iui took place shortly after. We did this for both cycles. Unfortunately, both cycles were unsuccessful. Dr. Bush recommends doing 3 IUI cycles before moving on to IVF. We weren't able to complete the third due to my being laid off and then several deaths in the family. We are still planning on it though!
We had to cancel our last IUI because I was laid off from my job, and three weeks later my father passed away (my mother passed the year before) so all of our money went to paying for funerals, travel costs, unemployment costs, etc. It was awful. And they were very understanding. They gave us a very long time to get caught up on our past due balance so that we could continue to go there when we were in a better place financially again. We are so grateful for that experience with them.

2013 - 2017
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
This clinic [Conceptions-Littleton] is wonderful. If I remember correctly, I had wished the front office was more friendly. The wait times were short. They are very thorough with testing. They are very eager to help and get excited right along with you.... Dr. Bush was clear they advocate for a single embryo transfer. On the day of our transfer, only two were ready so we used those two. They were fine with that.
2013 - 2017
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
This clinic is wonderful. If I remember correctly, I had wished the front office was more friendly. The wait times were short. They are very thorough with testing. They are very eager to help and get excited right along with you.
I first used Dr. Bush during 2013 for our first fresh IVF cycle which resulted in twins, and one frozen embryo. I came to him after being unsuccessful at another clinic which my insurance was helping to cover. My insurance didn’t cover anything at Conceptions but we wanted a second opinion. He immediately found a septum in my uterus which he removed via surgery. He is very honest and straight forward. I want a doctor this way as I hate being dragged around and given false hope. My IVF went perfectly and I became pregnant with twin boys! That IVF also resulted in one frozen embryo. Four years later we had moved out of state and were ready to do a FET. It was extremely stressful working with a clinic in my home state and relying on them to get Conceptions what they needed. One week before the scheduled FET, the nurse at conceptions called to tell me they may need to cancel...the ultrasounds and Information my clinic was sending was just not looking like I was ready. This was heartbreaking. After I hung up the phone with the nurse Dr. Bush called me himself and reviewed my entire history with me and said he felt comfortable moving forward despite the info they were given (basically the clinic here was saying my body wasn’t ready for the transfer but Dr Bush disagreed). He was right and I became pregnant with my daughter. I have never trusted a doctor like I did Dr. Bush.
Everyone was on top of everything during both treatment cycles.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush is straight forward and honest about chances of success. He is confident in his work and clinic. He is not going to be super compassionate during setbacks because he is thinking of what needs to be done to move forward.
He’s not going to be your best friend or extra compassionate, but his work and success rates mean much more!
My septum surgery was $6,000 flat fee since it was out of pocket. IVF was around 12k before meds. Frozen cycle was around 5-6k before meds

4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
I can't speak highly enough about the nursing staff [Conceptions - Littleton]. There is one staff for the retrieval phase and one for the transfer. Every single one of them is competent, well organized, compassionate, and very knowledgeable.... Dr. Greene took time to meet me and my husband when our first doctor left the practice. ...I saw him at all the big visits, knew he looked over my chart and test results to determine next day's protocol, and he encouraged us to email him directly if we had questions.
4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr. Greene took time to meet me and my husband when our first doctor left the practice. He was kind, very educated, blunt but not to the point of rudeness, encouraged us to reach out to him via email if he couldn't be reached by phone, and explained why he was making changes to a protocol for better success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika Peksens & Tanya Sarver)
I can't speak highly enough about the nursing staff. There is one staff for the retrieval phase and one for the transfer. Every single one of them is competent, well organized, compassionate, and very knowledgeable.
He always has a smile for his patients. He's great at putting you at ease. He and his wife have been through IVF so he knows what the process is like as a patient and provider. He's trained in some practices not every else is, which was great when we hit a specific road block with a cyst, and he had no problem aspirating it to save our cycle. I saw him at all the big visits, knew he looked over my chart and test results to determine next day's protocol, and he encouraged us to email him directly if we had questions.
Ask all the questions you can and he will give you all the answers he can. And if he can't provide an answer, he will find it. I never felt like he talked down to me with all my questions.
I had two cancelled retrieval cycles before I saw Dr. Greene. One was cancelled due to a cyst and another because I over-stimmed and ovulated. Dr. Green assured me that should either of these happen again he would be able to help, especially with a cyst since he was familiar with aspirating them (which did indeed happen - he aspirated my ovarian cyst in a quick outpatient procedure and saved my third retrieval cycle). For my successful retrieval with Dr. Greene, I was on NuvaRing, Cetrotide, Gonal F, Lupron, Pregnyl, and Menopur. We had 19 eggs, 16 were mature, 12 fertilized, 7 made it to day 5, and 6 passed PGS testing as normal. For the transfer phase, I was on Pregnyl, progesterone in oil, Estrace, Vivelle, and Lupron. The first transfer was a success and I'm now pregnant, due in November 2017.
He believed, and I think their practice follows this belief, that if you are under 35 and healthy they will only transfer one embryo. Maybe two if there is an extenuating circumstance. They only routinely discuss transferring two if you are over 35 or have a history of recurrent miscarriages. I don't think the every transfer more than two.

2014 - 2017
She [nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was fantastic. She spent time talk to me, reviewing things, discussing options, etc. I cannot stress how fantastic she was....I have DOR and poor egg quality. I got to retrieval, they got 8 eggs and the one that made it to freeze was genetically abnormal. On to donor eggs for the next try...I did acupuncture and acai berry stuff which added to the cost, but probably over $20K
Investment Banker
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Knowing where to go is a bit confusing sometimes so I always have to ask - upstairs or down. And they keep billing United and I haven't had them for insurance for awhile. Otherwise it's a nice place
Although he comes across as pompous, he did take the time to speak with me, review prior visits, talk about options, explain everything, and even make a few jokes. The nurses always spent time talking to me, explaining things, and comforting me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Michelle but she's not there anymore)
She was fantastic. She spent time talk to me, reviewing things, discussing options, etc. I cannot stress how fantastic she was.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I think he is great at what he does. I don't care much about bedside mannerisms at this point as having a child is more important to me. He took time to answer my questions, pose alternative options, be realistic about my situation and possible outcomes.
Just know he knows he's good at what he does. If you need coddling I don't think you would find it with any doctor in this industry, but I have no qualms about working with him at all.
I can't remember the name of the protocol. But I started on birth control, we did pills the first time and it suppressed me to much so we did the nuva ring the second time. Then I used menopur and follistim and ganirelix. This protocol was very similar to the one I initiated with the first doctor I saw, but I have DOR and poor egg quality. I got to retrieval, they got 8 eggs and the one that made it to freeze was genetically abnormal. On to donor eggs for the next try

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Even down to the receptionist, everyone [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] welcomed me with open arms! Showed compassion, excitement and truly sympathized with me along the way! I cried when I graduated to a regular OB office. And the staff (care of Dr. Greene) gave me a parting gift! ... I emailed my nurse almost daily asking questions! And she was always so prompt to respond! She even emailed checking in on me if she hadn’t heard from me! ... For me monitoring was always convenient!
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I honestly don’t think there is a weakness in this clinic. At least not with my experience. Even down to the receptionist, everyone welcomed me with open arms! Showed compassion, excitement and truly sympathized with me along the way! I cried when I graduated to a regular OB office. And the staff (care of Dr. Greene) gave me a parting gift! It was amazing! I can’t wait to go back!
Dr. Greene (and his entire staff) was very personable. He actually sat and listened to every single question and went into so much detail when answering. We could call/email with any questions, any time. Still to this day!! He treated MY specific needs due to previous medical history and did everything to make sure our cycle worked
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Don’t remember )
Dr. Greene was beyond amazing. He listened to our wants/needs/worries. And gave us facts as to why this happened or what causes these things to happen. We had a mix up with moving to our OB and Dr. Greene helped us even though we were no longer in his care. He truly seemed to care about our family. I met with another dr briefly and he was so cold. Dr. Greene knew us and was always happy to see me and my husband! Simply amazing
Be open and ask ANY question you may have! Dr. Greene knows his stuff and always backed up his thoughts with studies, the good or the bad!
Unfortunately I don’t recall all the meds or dosages. We did Intralipids before my cycle due to previous history. When I scheduled, the staff said it was necessary, as it’s rarely done. However Dr. Greene insisted and the staff was very helpful to get me an appointment!
For me monitoring was always convenient! I was never waiting for others to finish. And was seen within 5 mins of coming to the office. Never any discomfort and great communication from the tech!
Total we spent around $12,000 I believe with the clinic (insurance helped)
Dr. Greene felt it was safest for me to transfer 1 embryo. And better odds of the embryo sticking! He said if we REALLY wants twins he would be ok to transfer 2, but strongly felt confident in 1! And we trusted everything he said!

2012 - 2016
Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained
Tanya was my primary nurse [at Conceptions]. I loved her. She was timely, thoughtful, smart, communicative, prompt, and caring. I adored working with her. She was wonderful and I miss her!... Conceptions is warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful. I never felt like I was a cash cow... although I did have to pay out of pocket... As unpleasant as some of these appointments can be, I always had wonderful monitors. I loved this team so much!
2012 - 2016
Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I had been to another, rather well-known clinic in the area. So, my experience is based on comfort and gut feelings. Conceptions is warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful. I never felt like I was a cash cow... although I did have to pay out of pocket.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Swanson at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He was wonderful. He took a lot of time with us, answered all of our questions, and was frank with us about the predicted outcomes. He was right!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tanya)
Tanya was my primary nurse. I loved her. She was timely, thoughtful, smart, communicative, prompt, and caring. I adored working with her. She was wonderful and I miss her!
How was your experience with Michael Swanson at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He was great. I was pleased with his knowledge & bedside manner. I really appreciated his sense of humor, his kindness, & his confidence. We only met with him a couple of times during the entire process, however, I never felt slighted, disregarded, or felt like I was looked at as just another patient with money to spend.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Swanson at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Unfortunately, he has retired. I have referred a lot of friends to him and Conceptions as a whole. My nurses, ultrasound techs were wonderful.
Describe the protocols Michael Swanson used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
Our journey has been in three parts with Dr. Swanson. 1) In September of 2012 I met Dr. Swanson. We started testing then and it was decided to move on from IUIs to IVF. 2) We began shots in January of 2013 to prep my body for my egg retrieval. 3) We retrieved my eggs in March 2013. We planned on doing PGD, so I knew we were going to have to wait to transfer. Dr. Swanson gathered 30 eggs. 14 of those eggs fertilized and of those, only 5 made it to the blastocyst stage. We sent those 5 to be genetically tested. I recall it was nice because to take a break because I did slightly overstim a bit and felt AWFUL after my retrieval. 4) I found out that I had a couple of cysts, so we did have to delay my transfer to the fall. I was devastated for the delay. I started meds in early September, and we transferred our boy embryo in late October. I delivered him on his due date in July. For this cycle, what helped me prep was an IVF Calendar that I could read and reminders. A number of shots and pills was crazy and expensive! Since we had one remaining female embryo, we did the same protocol for our girl embryo and transferred last March 2016. Our daughter was born in November 2016. I do recall we used lupron, estrogen, and progesterone to help stim. And of course we had those HUGE shots of progesterone for 12 weeks after my confirmed pregnancies.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Swanson at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We paid around $20,000 for our retrieval and first FET. Our second FET was around $8,500. These prices include meds.
Describe Michael Swanson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I followed my doctor's lead on this. He suggested transferring only one embryo due to my "mature age". 33/34 and 36. He cited studies supporting his opinion on transferring one embryo. That worked for us!
Littleton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Swanson at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

The front desk staff at the Denver office [Conceptions] is very friendly and great. The front desk staff at the Littleton office isn't as friendly, they whisper about other co-workers and patients. The billing department is probably the worst part of the clinic.... I felt more like a dollar sign. I would get bills and phone calls about treatment that had already been paid for....I really enjoyed most of the nurses that I interacted with at Conceptions. The one thing I didn't like is that you had a different nurse at each stage of your cycle. They were all very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The front desk staff at the Denver office is very friendly and great. The front desk staff at the Littleton office isn't as friendly, they whisper about other co-workers and patients. The billing department is probably the worst part of the clinic.
I was treated like a human with all of my interactions with Dr. Ambler. The billing staff was a different story, I felt more like a dollar sign. I would get bills and phone calls about treatment that had already been paid for.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I loved Dr. Ambler from the very first visit! She was so great, friendly, educated, and straight forward. When I had concerns she was available to answer my questions. She was really good at making sure I felt comfortable with what the plan was and made sure to answer all questions I had.
If you go to Conceptions make sure Dr. Ambler is your provider.
We went to Dr. Ambler as a LGBT couple hoping to have a baby. We started with the IUI process but after 3 failed medicated IUI cycles Dr. Ambler felt we needed to move to the next step and we agreed. We decided to do an egg retrieval with a freeze all cycle. After the retrieval, Dr. Ambler diagnosed me with poor egg quality. We had one embryo make it to freeze. Dr. Ambler wanted to move a head with the frozen transfer of our one embryo, and I am currently pregnant with our one little embryo.
Total cost for treatment including 3 IUI's, egg retrieval, frozen transfer, and medication was about 26,000
We only had one embryo to transfer so this was never and issue. Dr. Ambler wasn't completely opposed of transferring 2 embryos but I think it is very situational.

2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
It was refreshing to be with a clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] that cared and did everything that we wanted from PGS testing to freezing our embryos...The nurses and staff are AMAZING!!!!! So sweet and caring they really go out of their way to make you feel at home...I went to all of the locations when I was doing my treatments and they are all wonderful. Clean, organized, wonderful staff. I can't think of one weakness at this clinic.
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
DR. Riggs took the time to explain everything is great detail. He treats you like you are part of his family. He is extremely knowledgeable and willing to talk at any time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
It was refreshing to be with a clinic that cared and did everything that we wanted from PGS testing to freezing our embryos. Dr. Riggs was a team player with us and we felt that we could discuss anything and everything with him. He has our best interests. It never felt like the clinic just wanted our money.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I think it's important to know that Dr. Riggs does sometimes talks over you, or you might feel he is not listening. Once I understood this was his personality I adjusted how I spoke to him but in the beginning, it was very annoying.
Describe the protocols Ryan Riggs used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
Dr. Riggs was slow and steady with me he didn't over medicate like my previous RE did. I stimulated beautifully resulting in 14 eggs retrieved my first IVF cycle with Dr. Riggs and then 6 retrieved my second IVF cycle. Every month is different so I wasn't that upset that I only retrieved 6 eggs for the second cycle. He added in HGH and dexamethasone and Lupron to be used with the trigger. These drugs were never used in my previous IVF cycles. We wanted to freeze all so we could PGS test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
$20,000-24,000
Littleton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

I got 1:1 personal attention [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] from my IVF nurse coordinator (Ericka P). She was responsive, excited and dedicated to my treatment. She often cried at every good turn before i had the chance to! I like to ask a lot of questions and know the ends and out of my treatment and she loved supplying all of the information. This office is ran SO well which keep me sane and able to get through such a difficult time.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
As i mentioned, this clinic is well organized, responsive and invested in its patients. Totally worth the travel to Colorado!
I absolutely LOVED Conceptions. I got 1:1 personal attention from my IVF nurse coordinator (Ericka P). She was responsive, excited and dedicated to my treatment. She often cried at every good turn before i had the chance to! I like to ask a lot of questions and know the ends and out of my treatment and she loved supplying all of the information. This office is ran SO well which keep me sane and able to get through such a difficult time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Ericka Peksens )
She was my anchor, hands down. I don't know who was more excited when i became pregnant. I still send her baby pictures!
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush was confident, but honest about my diagnosis and what it meant in terms of outcomes. We consulted with 15 different doctors on the west coast and all of them recommended donor egg. Dr. Bush was the only one who was excited about the challenge and put a lot of thought into my treatment plan. He did not sugar coat things, but he was not rude by any means. I have visited with doctors with no social skills and poor bedside manner, this is not Dr. Bush! We did our 2nd and 3rd IVF with him and during our 2nd I produced only 3 follicles. Dr. Bush recommended we cancel the cycle, but after listening to my reasoning for continuing he honored my request. While we didn't produce any embryos that cycle (similar to the first with a different doctor), we did produce an egg - its only takes one! We then proceeded to do a 3rd IVF with Dr. Bush after he explained how difficult it would be. He personalized my treatment plan (lots of Menopur) and we produced 10 eggs, 6 embryos, transferred 2 fresh untested embryos on day 3 and conceived our daughter!
Dr. Bush is confident (not arrogant), because he is successful. Look at his stats! His office is a well oiled machine, but does not treat you like a number. They really care about you. It really is the best of all worlds.
Dr. Bush ended up putting me on a very aggressive protocol of high Menopur. He suggested a day 3 fresh transfer which ended up working! Although i lived in Phoenix, I appreciated that Conceptions wanted to do all of their own testing and monitoring. I spend a lot of time in Denver, but was happy to do so!
I was fortunate to have my insurance pay for up to 3 IVF's at 100%. I had to pay for the medications. However, Conceptions does take many insurance plans if you have any sort of coverage. I'm not sure what their cash pay price is but i know its less than other Denver offices.
Dr. Bush suggested we transfer 2 embryos because they were untested. He highly recommends testing your embryos, but because we were doing a day 3 fresh transfer that was not an option. We personally would not have tested our embryos either way as we did not feel comfortable discarding even abnormal embryos.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
[Conceptions - Lafayette] Strengths- quality medicine, good SART rates, clean facility, educated staff Weaknesses- particular staff members with poor communication, and not allowing the patient to feel like a part of the team for their care...The nursing staff we had during IUI cycles was awesome, particularly Kalise (Sp?). However, Julie, our IVF nurse, seemed distant and as if she didn't really take the time to really look into and answer our questions thoroughly. Once we said we were done with IVF, she brushed off any other questions that I sent her way regarding my fertility journey...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The nurses at the Lafayette facility were great. I was not thrilled with the nurse I worked with at the Littleton facility. Dr. Riggs was reasonable and honest, although most of the care at Conceptions is interactions with the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Julie Zentz)
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Riggs was an honest, likable individual. He answered all of our questions and was candid about what we should expect. He gave us an honest, educated opinion every step of the way.
Make a list of questions prior to each visit, to ensure they all get answered.
We attempted two rounds of IUI using Femara. I do consistently ovulate, but I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve, so the goal behind this was to stimulate a "good" egg. Unfortunately, we did not succeed at getting pregnant. Next, we tried IVF with maximum stimulation using Follistim, Omnitrope (growth hormone to increase egg quality), and Menopur. Unfortunately, I did not make enough follicles to proceed to egg retrieval. Dr. Riggs was willing to try a different treatment approach in an attempt to make more follicles, but we opted to move on to embryo adoption at that point.
Each IUI cycle was approximately $1500, and the IVF cycle was $15,000 (fresh cycle, no genetic testing of embryos). The additional costs such as labs, surgery, and other procedures brought our total for the year to $30,000
Lafayette

They are incredibly well organized and fast [at Conceptions - Littleton], which is critical given the number of appointments required in IVF. Plus, they offer caramel corn. The only issue I had was some confusion about overall costs and some poor communication during our IUI cycle. Otherwise, they bent over backwards to accommodate us - even on holidays...All of the staff were well-organized and kind. Erika, though, went above an beyond. When we found out we'd only had one embryo make it to blastocyst, it was very difficult. We had to decide if we were going to proceed with just that one embryo or start all over. She called me and talked to me for as long as I needed until I felt better about everything and with proceeding with our one embryo...
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
They are incredibly well organized and fast, which is critical given the number of appointments required in IVF. Plus, they offer caramel corn. The only issue I had was some confusion about overall costs and some poor communication during our IUI cycle. Otherwise, they bent over backwards to accomodate us - even on holidays.
Dr. Bush's staff of nurses were wonderful. I couldn't say anything better about the kindness they offered me - they were responsive, personable, thoughtful and just generally great. I was very sad when, at 12 weeks, I left their care for my regular OB.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush came across as very knowledgeable and capable. He answered any questions that we had. However, I sometimes felt a bit rushed during our conversations and I wasn't always 100% certain I understood everything he was saying. That said, if we were to pursue IVF again, I would still go back to him.
He can be intimidating, but he's a good man. If you don't understand what he's saying, ask questions!
During my IUI, Clomid was used to stimulate my ovaries and Novarelle to stimulate ovulation. It resulted in two mature eggs, but no pregnancy. During IVF I was put on Bravelle to stimulate eggs growth and Novarell to stimulate ovulation. 11 eggs were retrieved, 8 were fertilized and one made it to the blastocyst phase. During my FET cycle, I was on Lupron and Ganirelx to suppress my system. just before the cycle I started progesterone and estradil. I remained on both of those through my first trimester.
Our IUI cost about $800. The IVF FET procedure from soup to nuts was $18,000. Medications ran around $3500. Each of my husband's samples cost $75 and annual storage was $275.
Littleton

All the nurses [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] were compassionate and knowledgeable. Sometimes I felt kind of bad for saying no to certain treatments. They pushed a little, but I know they thought it was in my best interest. They were respectful when I confirmed I didn't want to start treatment. I wanted to give my body a break....I only met with the doctor twice. Once when we met, and once when we went over some results with my husband present. Every visit otherwise was with a nurse.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Everyone is nice and knowledgeable in their job role.Make sure to ask plenty of questions, and definitely make sure what your insurance covers so there aren't any surprises.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Chalise)
All the nurses were compassionate and knowledgeable. Sometimes I felt kind of bad for saying no to certain treatments. They pushed a little, but I know they thought it was in my best interest. They were respectful when I confirmed I didn't want to start treatment. I wanted to give my body a break.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Mark Bush was empathetic to my feelings, and helpful when it came to explaining how we were going to move forward. He didn't seem too interested in the temp/tracking charts I brought in though. Those would have been really helpful.
Just make sure to write down questions beforehand so you don't forget certain things you need more clarity on. A lot is discussed so it is easy to leave the appointment without having all of your questions answered. The questions you do ask will be answered in a considerate and professional way.
I wasn't ovulating or having a period at all. Mark Bush and his nurses adjusted the treatment strategies as we went because my body constantly decided to do stupid things. All I will say is to be your own advocate. Make sure you understand everything you are doing, and it's ok to say no if you aren't comfortable with something. Fertility drugs shouldn't be pushed on anyone, and they shouldn't be given out like candy either. Make sure to get proper monitoring on medicated cycles. I had an issue that could have been prevented with better monitoring.
Anything infertility related is expensive even with insurance. It really hurts your bank account, but that is anywhere. I had decent insurance so it could have been worse.

2008 - 2015
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Strengths - meticulous and extremely knowledgeable doctor and nursing staff. Even the office staff [CRA] was easy to work with. I was honestly sad to “graduate “ and move to my OBGYN. Weakness - Procedures have to be done at the Littleton office which is a lot of travel for people in our part of town. ... The nurse I had for the retrieval portion was incredible. She never gave up on me and my extremely late blooming embryos
2008 - 2015
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Strengths - meticulous and extremely knowledgeable doctor and nursing staff. Even the office staff was easy to work with. I was honestly sad to “graduate “ and move to my OBGYN. Weakness - Procedures have to be done at the Littleton office which is a lot of travel for people in our part of town.
Dr. Bush always made me feel like he was invested in helping us conceive. He was patient and willing to go at my slow speed and stayed with me during several delays due to personal reservations. While there was no doubt Dr. Bush was trying to sell his services, I never felt like that was his priority.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Can’t recall - Erika? For retrieval cycle )
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush is meticulous. He was direct and honest, which was sometimes hard at the moment but always appreciated later. I honestly believe that no one else could have given us the results we had. I had absolute faith in his skills and abilities. And though his communication was blunt and direct, I always felt he cared about me as a patient and was rooting for me.
Just because he may not come across as “warm”, trust that he cares and will do everything possible to help you reach your dreams.
3 months of “prep” including COQ10 supplements among others Baseline bloodwork and other procedures such as hysterostoscopy Monitored injectible cycle Retrieval and freeze 5 day embryo Preconception genetic screening with natera Surgery to remove uterine fibroids Transfer of 1 embryo Positive pregnancy with live birth Injection
More than $25,000 over the course of 5 plus years including surgery. I believe we paid $10,000 plus meds for IVF cycle
Littleton

Everybody is always on time at Conceptions, from the phlebotomists to the ultrasound techs, to the nurses, to the doctors. I found everybody to be extremely friendly, helpful, and caring, which was so important during the process. People remembered my name and cared about me as a person. I was always called back promptly for any questions...The entire nursing staff is AMAZING. AMAZING. They always responded to me quickly, either by phone or by email...
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Everybody is always on time at Conceptions, from the phlebotomists to the ultrasound techs, to the nurses, to the doctors. I found everybody to be extremely friendly, helpful, and caring, which was so important during the process. People remembered my name and cared about me as a person. I was always called back promptly for any questions. Honestly, I have zero complaints and actually already recommended Conceptions to another friend (who always has a baby from her experience there).
Dr. Riggs never rushed us. We always had a good amount of time to speak to him and he always explained exactly what was going to happen. Also, he was ALWAYS on time, and I think that's SO important.
The entire nursing staff is AMAZING. AMAZING. They always responded to me quickly, either by phone or by email. They held my hand through all the processes I had to go through and they were completely invested in my success. I cannot say enough about how wonderful they were.
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Riggs was very candid about our possibilities, including risks. He was conservative but appropriately aggressive with treatment. I didn't mind that he wasn't warm and fuzzy because I'd rather have somebody who gives it to me straight. He clearly knew what he was doing and I trusted him completely.
You won't actually see him very much, but he knows his stuff.
I think the IUI, with meds, cost about $1000. That included ultrasounds, sperm washing, etc. IVF costs were about $16,000, I think, not including medication (which brought it up well over $20,000).

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
This [Conceptions] is a smaller clinic. I think this clinic would be great for general infertility issues but if you have egg quality or sperm issues I don't feel that their lab is equipped to handle difficult cases. They seem to do more IUIs there...I did two IVF cycles with Dr. Riggs and we also did CCS testing. We did our IVF cycles back to back with two separate CCS testing. We never did a transfer as our one embryo is still frozen. I believe between medication and cycles we spent about $65,000. The medications were very costly as for my first cycle it was $8,000 and my second cycle was $6,000.
European, Middle Eastern, Other
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
This is a smaller clinic. I think this clinic would be great for general infertility issues but if you have egg quality or sperm issues I don't feel that their lab is equipped to handle difficult cases. They seem to do more IUIs there.
Dr. Riggs was a good Doctor, but I do feel like I was put into a protocol based on my age and numbers. I don't think he really looked into our case and that is why we only had 1 embryo from two cycles. He seemed like he had a lot of knowledge but it should have been more specific to my case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey and Sarah)
I had two nurses. Kelsey and Sarah. They were both amazing. They were wonderful and never forgot anything. They always called in my medication correctly and on time, they didn't have any errors in my paperwork. I could email or call them and I would always get a quick and detailed response. Wonderful staff.
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I thought that Dr. Riggs was a good doctor but I don't think he looked into the facts of our case and rather just picked out a protocol for our age and used a lot of medication. I had better results and more tests with another doctor.
Stand up for you case and ask questions. Ask why he is choosing those medication dosages and why that protocol. We did a second cycle with Dr. Riggs and we had horrible outcome and we did a second cycle with the same protocol and again had a horrible outcome. We should of pushed on why the protocol stayed the same or asked for a second opinion.
For both cycles I used about 40 vials of menopur and 60 vials of bravelle. I believe it was an antagonist protocol. I cycled for about 9 days. Both my husband and I used their vitamin list to prepare for both retrievals.
They had open times for ultrasound and bloodwork when I was there. It was a very short wait for both appointments and it was usually the same nurse.
Describe Ryan Riggs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We never got to a transfer.

2013 - 2014
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Most of your contact is with the clinic staff and the nurses, but I knew Dr. Bush was overseeing the process and never felt like I couldn't get in touch with him to ask questions if need be... they called when they said they would, they provided test results as soon as possible, they e-mailed if you preferred that method of communication, and they were willing to accommodate extra sensitivities and be appropriately sympathetic. I couldn't have asked for better communication, empathy, and attention to detail.
2013 - 2014
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Bush is blunt and arrogant, but he is detailed, has read your files and is prepared for your individual situation when you meet him, and will do what he can to help you. CCRM told me they thought I should move immediately to donor eggs and essentially said I was a lost cause, but Dr. Bush was willing to treat me and do what he could to help me get pregnant. I had a 3" stack of test results, notes from other doctors, and medical history and he had read through it all prior to our meeting. When I had a stillborn baby due to a blood clot, he was empathetic and again read all of my hospital records to ensure that he could safely guide us through IVF with my added medical complications. He isn't "warm and fuzzy," but he definitely treated me like a human and he wants you to get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika Peksens)
They called when they said they would, they provided test results as soon as possible, they e-mailed if you preferred that method of communication, and they were willing to accommodate extra sensitivities and be appropriately sympathetic. I couldn't have asked for better communication, empathy, and attention to detail.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush definitely comes across as arrogant as I expect he is. But I have yet to come across a fertility doctor who is not. How can they not be when they are making humans! He is blunt about your prognosis, statistical likelihood of success, and the process that will be involved to get you pregnant. He is thorough, reads medical histories and pays attention to your details. Most of your contact is with the clinic staff and the nurses, but I knew Dr. Bush was overseeing the process and never felt like I couldn't get in touch with him to ask questions if need be. I met with doctors at CCRM and at another clinic in Denver and chose Dr. Bush because I felt like he really wanted to "win" (and by win, I mean get me pregnant).
Don't be turned off by his arrogance and the number of photos of him in the office. If you are a tough case, he will still take you on. I felt like CCRM wouldn't take me on because I was a tough case (I was given a less than 3% chance of getting pregnant EVEN with IVF) and they didn't want me to lower their statistics. Dr. Bush was happy to help me.

2011 - 2013
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The embryology lab is weak. My 15 retrieved embryos all died. Todd in the lab called to tell me the awful news and he was so nonchalant. I was 40 so what did I expect? Old, crappy eggs produced bad embryos. He seemed surprised that I cried. I was realistic about my eggs but I had hope. He made me feel foolish.... As far as strengths, their nursing staff was nice despite high turnover. They returned calls promptly....I was assigned a different nurse every week it seemed like. The turnover was high so I never really built up a rapport with anyone. They were all nice and seemed knowledgeable.
2011 - 2013
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The embryology lab is weak. My 15 retrieved embryos all died. Todd in the lab called to tell me the awful news and he was so nonchalant. I was 40 so what did I expect? Old, crappy eggs produced bad embryos. He seemed surprised that I cried. I was realistic about my eggs but I had hope. He made me feel foolish. Then the bad meeting with Dr.Bush caused me to leave the clinic. As far as strengths, their nursing staff was nice despite high turnover. They returned calls promptly.
It varied. He was so kind during my miscarriage. I lost twins at 13 weeks and was just destroyed over it. He was the on call doctor I spoke to at 4am while bleeding. He did my dnc. He was compassionate and I appreciated it. I did more IUI cycles and had a failed IVF retrieval. My last meeting with Dr.Bush was terrible. He got mad at me for asking questions about why the embryos died and spent the whole hour bashing on another local clinic. I felt bullied, talked down to and felt like I was being given hard sales pitch.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr.Bush was kind sometimes and cold others. I definitely felt like he wasn't interested in my questions or input but wanted to dictate my protocol. My concerns were unimportant, and I should shut up and trust him.
Many of my initial costs were covered by insurance and the billing staff was good about helping me navigate the various procedures.

2005 - 2012
They [the staff at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] were great, I never waited long. Always, had all my questions answered and they were always available by phone as well. When I found out I was pregnant, everyone in the office was so excited and got me in for my first prenatal check up fast. They took care of me for the first trimester. I wish he could have continued my care, but it was time to go to a ob office.
2005 - 2012
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
They were great, I never waited long. Always, had all my questions answered and they were always available by phone as well. When I found out I was pregnant, everyone in the office was so excited and got me in for my first prenatal check up fast. They took care of me for the first trimester. I wish he could have continued my care, but it was time to go to a ob office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He is outstanding, we felt like family while we were getting treated. I would go back if I had been younger and had the money. He was very caring and never in a hurry. Made sure we always were taken care of. His staff, took very good care of us, never made us feel like they did not care. I was relaxed the whole time and never was nervous. He has his own practice now, it is called Denver Fertility Albrecht Women’s Care. I was so upset when I found out that one of my tubes were blocked, he said, that was okay, God gave you 2! Had so much care in his heart!
Amazing!
How was your experience with Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He was very good at explaining the course of treatment, his staff well traned and compassionate. They truly care about us! I never felt like he was not giving me his full attention. He visited me at the hospital after I gave birth! I can not say enough about him. He is am outstanding fertility Doctor!❤️
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Be prepared to prepared to feel valued as a women by a Doctor that truly cares about you and what you are going though to have a baby!
Describe the protocols Bruce Albrecht used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
I was on a low dose of cholmed with, some HCG injections. IUI’s too. They monitored my cycle with blood work and ultrasounds for each cycle I was there being treated. They followed the blood work and ultrasounds very closely to know when to do the IUI’s. It work it only took 3 months!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We took a loan out to cover my care. We did not use all of it and the rest was returned to us.
Bruce Albrecht
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

2011
I don't really have anything bad to say about the nursing staff [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates]. My only suggestion would be that when there is bad news to share with a patient, it may be best to either have them meet in the office or make sure the phone call is made while the patient is somewhere private. I was in the middle of a store when I was told that even though I had a positive pregnancy test, my beta numbers were so low that I should prepare to miscarry. I was a crying hot mess trying to leave the store. This policy may have changed and I don't remember the name of the nurse who made the call.
2011
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I felt the clinic was very organized. When I needed assistance, I also very quickly received it.
Dr. Swanson was very thorough, kind, and made sure that all my questions were answered and that I was comfortable with each process.
I don't really have anything bad to say about the nursing staff. My only suggestion would be that when there is bad news to share with a patient, it may be best to either have them meet in the office or make sure the phone call is made while the patient is somewhere private. I was in the middle of a store when I was told that even though I had a positive pregnancy test, my beta numbers were so low that I should prepare to miscarry. I was a crying hot mess trying to leave the store. This policy may have changed and I don't remember the name of the nurse who made the call.
I have no complaints about Dr. Swanson. He was wonderful to work with. He has retired since my last visit, otherwise I would continue referring friends to him. I felt he genuinely cared about my husband and I and our outcome. Even in some of the most awkward situations (let's be honest - there's nothing fun about the envasive testing a couple goes through when determining the cause of infertility), he kept me comfortable and happy.
Be honest and fully describe all your symptoms to him. Don't hold back. As embarrassed as you might feel sharing such intimate information about your body, knowing all the details will assist Dr. Swanson, or any doctor, in properly diagnosing you.
We did 3 cycles of monitored Clomid. On cycle 2, we were going to try an IUI, but the results of my husband's SA came back low morph and low numbers and Dr. Swanson advised against it as he feared the outcome would be no different and we would be wasting money. We tried one more cycle of Clomid before moving to IVF.
Insurance covered the Clomid monitored cycles and then we were on our own. IVF was a little under $13,000, with medication, if I'm remembering correctly, and it was due before we started the IVF cycle.
We were very much warned about the high possibility of multiples when transferring two, and even the chance that one or both of the embryos could split resulting in indentical twins due to the high embryo quality. We did transfer two and it resulted in a singleton pregnancy.
Littleton

The first fertility evaluation [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was $675 plus his blood work was $240 and mine was $420. Then paid $980 for IVF class. Then paid $17,354 for the rest/majority of IVF process and procedures. That includes PGS. Stim meds cost $4,000 , $400 for retrieval anesthesia, and $870 for trial transfer.... All the employees I have ever encountered have been more than helpful and so friendly. I plan on continuing my IVF process at this clinic. My nurse and doctor are both amazing!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I go to the Conceptions-Littleton location. All the employees I have ever encountered have been more than helpful and so friendly. I plan on continuing my IVF process at this clinic. My nurse and doctor are both amazing!
Dr. Greene is very knowledgeable and friendly. Likes it when we ask lots of questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Sarah E)
Sarah E is great at keeping in contact and replying to emails. She makes me feel like a hopeful human not just a paying number.
I am happy with my IVF doctor. Dr. Greene is so personable. He will even go above and beyond to communicate with you via email on a regular basis. No complaints yet! He makes both spouses feel so comfortable. He explains everything very well.
Keep an open mind and don't be afraid of failure every once in awhile. Do exactly what the doc and nurses say. And most importantly, keep your faith!
I've only just begun my IVF process and just starting the stimming meds. I have had only good experiences with my doctor and nurse at my clinic. I am very hopeful for success. I have PCOS and husband has MFI.
The first fertility evaluation was $675 plus his blood work was $240 and mine was $420. Then paid $980 for IVF class. Then paid $17,354 for the rest/majority of IVF process and procedures. That includes PGS. Stim meds cost $4,000 , $400 for retrieval anesthesia, and $870 for trial transfer.
Littleton

The nurses [at Conceptions] are supportive, compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are available 7 days a week and are so helpful...Staff is friendly, scheduling of procedures and labs are timely. The clinic runs very efficiently. Embryology is awesome, physician and nurses are awesome. Accupuncture is available and also done very well. I wouldn’t change a thing. It is obvious that these people know what they are doing
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Dr Bush was wonderful. He was very honest in his assessment and recommendations. He gave us hope, but not false hope. He went the extra mile to make sure testing and procedures were done well
The nurses are supportive, compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are available 7 days a week and are so helpful
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I felt very comfortable and confident in Dr Bush. He went the extra mile to ensure that testing and procedures were done correctly and reviewed all labs / results personally. He was always honest and candid in answering questions and making recommendations. He was always willing to explain everything. I felt that he was also always one step ahead with a plan in place if needed next. In addition, we travelled from out of state to see Dr Bush and he was willing to work with labs and Ultrasounds done locally. Thanks to Dr Bush, I have 3 beautiful children and was told previously that I likely would never be a mother.
You may have to wait a while for consult with Dr Bush (we did telephone due to distance), but it is well worth the wait.
Littleton

The only weakness was the overall first impression. The staff [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] is great but the decor is dated and doesn't reflect the "state of the art" technology they are using. Also, there were 2 employees smoking in the parking lot when I pulled up which seemed very contradictory to everything somehow... IUIs and testing were less expensive than my own doctors- IUIs were $350ish. IVF all in would be 25-35k per round
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The only weakness was the overall first impression. The staff is great but the decor is dated and doesn't reflect the "state of the art" technology they are using. Also, there were 2 employees smoking in the parking lot when I pulled up which seemed very contradictory to everything somehow
I have a lot of questions and he always takes the time to explain them thoroughly and make sure that I understand my options and the procedures and likely results of the procedures. I never felt rushed out the door
They were completely familiar with every step of the process- even the financial options. They took great care of us
Dr Greene was very familiar with my case right when I walked in- I could tell he had read it before I arrived and that was reassuring. He asked a lot of questions and gave us several options and helped us understand everything thoroughly before we parted. We never felt rushed and he answered any questions that arose after our meeting very promptly
Ask a lot of questions- he explains things well but he also doesn't mind answering anything you think of
we used 50 mg of Clomid for the first 4 IUIs and an ovulation predictor kit. For our last IUI we used a trigger shot and ultrasound to be more accurate. I was also taking herbal supplements that he recommended and prenatals to help egg health
He definitely leaned towards eSET because of their success rates and explained that unless we desperately wanted twins he would discourage multiple embryo transfers

2013 - 2018
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The nurses [at Conceptions] were amazing. I cannot express enough how compassionate and available they were. I went through several heartbreaking situations and they always had the time to speak with me, answer questions (no matter how silly or how many) and calm me down...It's a nice clinic. I always got in and out quickly for blood and never had issues with blood draws. My appointments were always quick and on time (unlike waiting at a doctors office). Any time we were at the clinic everyone was friendly. Nothing ever got screwed up from an appointment or billing standpoint. No complaints.
2013 - 2018
Investment Banker
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The nurses were amazing. I cannot express enough how compassionate and available they were. I went through several heartbreaking situations and they always had the time to speak with me, answer questions (no matter how silly or how many) and calm me down. Dr Bush didn't spend a lot of time meeting with or speaking with me due to the fact that after a few attempts we came to a conclusion on what we wanted to do, and he agreed, and he was always honest and friendly.
Amazing. They were everything to me in this process. I felt comfortable asking them anything and they always got back to me in a timely manner. They were always so friendly too.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I felt like he was upfront with me and discussed the options at hand. He was not pushy in any manner to say which direction we had to go. He did a great job assessing my information after egg retrieval and he did a great job with the transfer.
Ugh...I did two rounds and am not sure what the first one cost as it was in 2014. This latest round I believe was $20K
Littleton

She [nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates - Denver] is my guardian angel. On my worst days she picked me up. Every email had a note that was encouraging and how were in this together. I absolutely love her...Strengths are its extremely organized and well run. Very prompt responses and truly everyone cares. I honestly don't see weaknesses. Dr. Bush wasn't right for mr so Erika my nurse suggested Dr. Ambler and were a match made in heaven. Same clinic and I trust them for another retrieval.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Dr.Bush is incredibly smart and wants to get you a baby. He is not warm and fuzzy but his knowledge and confidence makes you feel your in the right hands. He is pretty blunt but treats you with respect.
She is my guardian angel. On my worst days she picked me up. Every email had a note that was encouraging and how were in this together. I absolutely love her.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush wanted to get me a baby but I had my worst retrieval with him. He was very confident that his menopur only protocol would yield me great results. I got zero embryos on day 5 and was devastated. When we did the regroup he was a little defensive and suggested donor eggs. I felt that he gave up on me. I was also very raw and emotional. I think he is a brilliant doctor and insanely smart but not the right doctor for me.
He is really smart and wants you to be a mom but he is really blunt and fact driven which can come across as harsh or stern.
We did estrogen to prime with cetrotide. Then HGH and high dosage of menopur. I was on 9 menopur vials a day. I retrieved 12, 4 fertilized and 0 made it to day 5.
Haven't gotten to transfer yet.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
[Conceptions Reproductive Associates- Littleton is] Clean, organized, friendly staff from front desk to lab, etc. They are there for the patients. I was running late for bloodwork and the clinic stayed open and lab clinician stayed after hours to do my bloodwork.... Erika goes above and beyond to her patients. I was running late on a medication and I did not have it. Erika went above and beyond to help me get the medicine and get it administered on time. She has a positive energy and is extremely knowledgeable in infertility treatment.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Dr Green is calm, and has a easygoing nature which makes patients comfortable around him and feel in ease to ask questions without feeling rushed or insignificant.
Easy going, knowledgeable, great bed side manor, treated as a person not as a number which is very important during this stressful journey. He is very responsive to patient needs and changing the treatment course as needed. His team seems to respect him highly.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, this is a stressful process, no question is a bad question.
I am still in process of IVF. My first round was very successful in producing better overall quality eggs but had poor sperm quality. This round is being attempted with donar sperm. Menopur, follistim, cetrotide, lupron, omnitrope, pregynl were part of my treatment regimen.
The financial team was great, effective communication in cost, expectations and help with insurance.
Still waiting to have a successful transfer.

IVF, Donor Eggs
We went to two of their clinics [Conceptions Reproductive Associates]. Both were clean and easy to find. The staff if nice and organized. At the Littleton office, I was a bit confused whether my appointments were upstairs or on the main level, but the staff was great at directing us where we needed to be!... We were assigned a group of nurses! Each one was designated to a certain stage of our care. We had one while we were in the beginning diagnostic stages, one during the pre-transfer stage, and one during and post transfer. We loved all of them!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We went to two of their clinics. Both were clean and easy to find. The staff if nice and organized. At the Littleton office, I was a bit confused whether my appointments were upstairs or on the main level, but the staff was great at directing us where we needed to be!
Dr. Bush was amazing at explaining procedures and what to expect while going through different procedures as well as explained the statistics of IVF working! He made sure my husband and I understood everything before going on to another subject... even drew us pictures!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: We were assigned a group of nurses!)
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Our experience with Dr. Bush was amazing! We didn’t know if we’d ever be able to have children! A week and a half after we had our first transfer we were pregnant with our sweet baby girl! He is amazing at his art and helping to create little miracles!
My advice to a prospective patient would be to definitely go to Dr. Bush whether you live 10 minutes from Littleton or 7 hours! His knowledge and success rates are worth every mile and penny spent!
I was on hormones and medication for months prior to the transfer! The morning on transfer I was to take a medication to relax and drink 32 oz of water one hour prior to transfer.
Our procedures cost somewhere between $30,000 & $40,000.
They suggested to just transfer a single embryo!
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
It is a busy clinic [Conceptions] so you will not have the personal connections you may get with a smaller clinic. But they have an excellent lab and are extremely organized. You will not wait for appointments, and will always know the next step well I advance...All the nurses are extremely caring and responsive...Their IVF cost is 19000 although since we had a failed cycle at another clinic , we were given a discount. They also accept insurance...
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
It is a busy clinic so you will not have the personal connections you may get with a smaller clinic. But they have an excellent lab and are extremely organized. You will not wait for appointments, and will always know the next step well I advance .
Doctor Bush comes off as abrupt and can speak above your head;however, he is extremely knowledgeable and seems passionate about what he does. He will do whatever he can to get you pregnant .
All the nurses are extremely caring and responsive
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I never doubted his expertise or treatment recommendations. He is a top fertility doctor and that shows. I would recommend him and his clinic. Be prepared to not meet with him very often after the consult, but he is monitoring your progress . His treatment plan was extremely successful in my case.
He is blunt and forward , if you want things sugar coated, he may not be the doc for you. But his success speaks for itself .
Because of egg quality issues, I was placed on HGH during stimulation. I was also given a much reduced dosage of stim meds, due to my sky high estrogen levels that occurred on my last cycle. I was also put on a supplement protocol three months prior to my retrieval. My husband has mfi issues and was also put on supplements. We had excellent results with four normal embryos ready for transfer.
We were advised to do only one embryo transfer and are completely on board for a single transfer . The risks of multiples were explained. After all the time, stress, and money that has been put into my treatment, I want to mitigate as much risk as I can .
Denver

The clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was very nice and welcoming, and answered my million questions. I was never rushed or ignored...T...Very low costs - my insurance covered diagnostics. I paid for prescriptions...First Dr Ambler ordered a battery of tests for me and my husband. I was diagnosed with PCOS and type 2 diabetes. First, I had to get the diabetes under control - Dr Ambler prescribed metformin and referred me to an endocrinologist. After several months, I was able to resume treatment with Dr Ambler.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The clinic was very nice and welcoming, and answered my million questions. I was never rushed or ignored.
Dr Ambler was very kind and honest, and she led me through the process. It seemed like there was a plan, but not like I was just one of a gazillion patients.
I can't remember her name - but I didn't love the first nurse who was assigned to me. She was a little too blunt for me! I was moved to another nurse at my request, and she was great.
She was warm and answered all of our questions thoroughly - and we had a lot! She also was up to date in the latest research, and engaged with me about my own research. She delivered some difficult news with compassion and worked with me to figure out next steps.
First Dr Ambler ordered a battery of tests for me and my husband. I was diagnosed with PCOS and type 2 diabetes. First, I had to get the diabetes under control - Dr Ambler prescribed metformin and referred me to an endocrinologist. After several months, I was able to resume treatment with Dr Ambler. She prescribed femara with a trigger shot, and I also had appointments for monitoring. The first cycle did not result in pregnancy, so we decided to try again. If that cycle had not resulted in pregnancy (it did!), Dr Ambler mentioned that we would begin to consider other alternatives. Since my problem was that I was not ovulating, we would skipped IUI and probably moved to IVF.
Very low costs - my insurance covered diagnostics. I paid for prescriptions.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

The blood draw team [at Conceptions-Littleton] is excellent and very accommodating. They made each visit quick and virtually painless. The front desks were also kind and helpful. I always felt welcomed and personally cared for.... They were both amazing. They were extremely proficient in letting me know the details of my specific protocol as well as answering any questions I had. They also connected with me personally and I felt they both cared. I brought our son in to meet them and we were all so happy in that moment!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The blood draw team is excellent and very accommodating. They made each visit quick and virtually painless. The front desks were also kind and helpful. I always felt welcomed and personally cared for.
Dr Swanson helped us process the details of our infertility from the first consultation until we were pregnant with our son. He helped us understand the medical reasons behind each test, the need for each test and what our personal results communicated in a way that was personal and professional. He also called me personally to explain the need for a frozen cycle due to the possibility of overstimulation which I really appreciated.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tanya and Kati)
Dr Swanson helped us feel comfortable from the initial appointment forward. He explained each test as well as the need for the test to us. He then clearly answered any questions we had throughout the process in regards to our various procedures. He even called me personally when a change in protocol was needed.
He has retired so you cannot request him. Don't get your hopes up.
He told us that we would have to shove his head to the ground for him to be ok with us transferring two embryos.

2009 - 2012
I think the nursing staff [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] did a good job of staying on top of the details and explaining things. Probably most importantly, any time I had questions, they were available by phone... I spent a LOT of time in their offices and they were always friendly and professional.
2009 - 2012
Overall, I really like the team. We didn't spend a ton of time with Dr. Swanson, but he was candid about our chances and the options--which I appreciate. The rest of the team was great. I spent a LOT of time in their offices and they were always friendly and professional.
There were a lot of moving pieces for each of our rounds. I think the nursing staff did a good job of staying on top of the details and explaining things. Probably most importantly, any time I had questions, they were available by phone.
When we started with Dr. Swanson, we really didn't anticipate any real issue with getting pregnant as we had gotten pregnant, naturally, within the first 2 months of trying, resulting in a healthy son. We tried for nearly a year before we got referred to Swanson and he commented that, given my age (I was then 36) I should have been in his office at 6 months. Given that we live in an area with a doctor that is widely known for his fertility expertise (Schoolcraft), once we realized we were going to have a more challenging time getting pregnant again, I did question whether we were in the right place, but I liked Dr. Swanson and, really, felt like it was going to be a numbers game, no matter where we were, so feeling comfortable with the doctor was important.
I found Dr. Swanson to be quite direct, but that was appropriate for me/us. If you enter this process already quite emotional, I think you need to give his staff that input so that he has a heads-up.

2017 - 2019
We received a change in protocol [from Conceptions], but only through voicemail. I strongly believe that if there is a change in protocol there needs to be voice recognition of that change. Because of a problem with my phone, I did not receive the protocol change until a week later. I wish there had been more attempts to contact me through email, phone or text and a requirement that they received a confirmation from the patient that protocol needs to be changed.
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The Conceptions offices were very quiet which tended to support the anxiety I was experiencing while returning to the clinic after the death of our son at 38 weeks. The front desk typically smiled and had offers of water, coffee and a few snacks. The office is newly renovated and clean.
Our consultation meeting was genuine and supportive. He has also responded to direct emails.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tanya Sarver)
Tanya is wonderful. She responded quickly to emails or phone calls.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Greene is energetic, knowledgeable and supportive. He tells silly jokes and creates a more relaxed space even when there is tension. I appreciated that he responds directly to emails. Unfortunately after two frozen embryo transfers, we have not received the outcome we were hoping for under our care with Dr. Greene. I do not believe that. Dr. Greene is at fault for either loses.
Come with all of your questions!
Before each transfer I had pylops removed by Dr. Greene. Frozen Embryo transfers with Lupron, HCG, estrodial, progesterone in oil. In my most recent FET I was put on Metformin.
We paid about $4000 for each Frozen Embryo Transfer. We separately paid for acupuncture.

1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
We visited the Denver clinic [of Conceptions Reproductive Associates]. It’s not nearly as fancy as CCRM but they treat you like a person not a number. We did not wait very long to see the Doctor and the staff was professional and helpful. They were also easy to schedule.... Billing is only ok; not as straight forward as it could be. That said, we have not been over billed - they are just a little slow.
1 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We visited the Denver clinic. It’s not nearly as fancy as CCRM but they treat you like a person not a number. We did not wait very long to see the Doctor and the staff was professional and helpful. They were also easy to schedule.
Cori is fantastic. A great communicator, well organized. Overally we are very pleased.
Dr. Greene has been candid and friendly. He has taken the time to discuss all of our options in non-medical detail. He is always available for questions. Overall we have been very pleased. While we are still undergoing treatment, thus far he has exceeded our expectations. In each visit, he reminds us his primary concern is not speed of treatment but the health of the child.
Be direct and candied with Dr. Greene. He is a great communicator and the more direct you are, the quicker you will arrive at solutions.
Dr. Greene advised for transferring only one embryo at a time.
Denver

Always received very detailed protocol [from the nurses at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] I do wish that knowing what was coming up was easier to communicate...There are multiple locations which is a plus. However many proceedures can only be done in Littleton. Everyone on staff was pleasent to work with and very knowledgeable. They go above and beyond when needed!...He [ Dr. Robert Greene] prefers to do a single [embryo transfer] but is willing to do multiple with good reasoning
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
He was always interested in our process. Yes he has many patients and may need to be reminded of our chart/ circumstances, but he was always completely with you when it was your time.
Always received very detailed protocol. I do wish that knowing what was coming up was easier to communicate.
We had a protocol that was tailored to our circumstances. He shared his research and if he needed to know more about an issue, he would research it for himself to know what was best for us. Very knowledgeable and positive..He really tried to get to know and understand us as people and patient's.
For first timers, it may feel like you are waiting for "next steps" constantly, but the wait is worth getting your treatment specialized for you and what you need.
I would have to look this up to be specific.
I was covered through insurance.
He prefers to do a single but is willing to do multiple with good reasoning.

2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Even the billing department [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] is amazing. I have nothing bad to say about anyone or any part of conceptions. Even the embryology department is in the loop with your transfer, and you get to meet the people that helped create your babies. Pretty incredible!...The nurses are the rock of conceptions. I have nothing but amazing things to say about them. They are nurturing and caring but help you focus and hold your head up high when you can’t.
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Even the billing department is amazing. I have nothing bad to say about anyone or any part of conceptions. Even the embryology department is in the loop with your transfer, and you get to meet the people that helped create your babies. Pretty incredible!
Dr. Bush is positive and explains in detail why he chooses the methods he does. I was better educated because of him and felt important.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
If it weren’t for Dr. Bush we would not have a family. His specific protocol with me led to a perfect little boy, and one one in the way! I’ve referred family and friends to him and they have all successfully gotten pregnant as well! I highly reccomend his practice, team, and care.
Miracles do happen, so try to keep an open mind even though it’s easier said than done.
Depot Lipton for endometriosis treatment, prednisone during first trimester, adjustment of medications when necessary, attention to how my body was reacting to drugs was also important
I loved how Dr Bush wasn’t about to transfer 3 embryos just to get higher numbers at his practice. He did one each time for us. I felt when I went to other practices they wanted the numbers and didnt care about such a high number of multiple pregnancy
Littleton

The convenient hours [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was helpful because the process takes multiple blood test to evaluate hormone levels several days a week, and timing is everything. I don't think there was any weakness in the place in my experience but we are pretty proactive in our treatment... [the nursing staff was] Very friendly and happy to see us when we came in for appointments.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The convenient hours was helpful because the process takes multiple blood test to evaluate hormone levels several days a week, and timing is everything. I don't think there was any weakness in the place in my experience but we are pretty proactive in our treatment.
IVF and fertility issues can be one of the most emotional trying life events a person can experience. We have been blessed with the most amazing creation in the world, our son. Dr. Greene is an incredible doctor with years of experience, and we appreciate the professionalism he showed us through our journey. Thank you Dr. Greene and all the staff for helping us out on our little bundle of joy.
Very friendly and happy to see us when we came in for appointments.
Years of experience, an expert in his field and down to earth man. He made a challenging experience positive and with a great outcome. I would recommend him to anyone considering fertility treatments.
Write down your questions and ask him, he knows what to do in this field .
Littleton

Sarah [nurse at Conceptions] was so warm and caring. Made me feel Comfortable...I feel the clinic could have been more helpful to explain about the fincial part how that work. Instead of keep asking if I had insurance. That’s the biggest thing because people may get some miss Communication when it’s to late...Dr.Robert Green explain to me and my husband that they are making medication that can help me with the genetic problem I have. The whole clinic and nurseing staff Makes you feel like family when you walk in. I give you that hope of heave a Miracle baby.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I felt like a human because I felt like Dr.Green understood and took the time to explain his plan with me and my family for us to have a family. Dr. Green did not just make me and my husband seem like we was just another patient in the office he made us feel like family.
Sarah was so warm and caring. Made me feel Comfortable
If you are struggling to have a child Dr. Green is the one to give you that miracle baby you are looking for he has helped many
Bloodwork ultrasound has had me take vitamin D and stay on prenatal vitamins and also take birth control pills

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
They [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] are very busy! I wish I had known more about the costs of everything. They seemed to be very upfront about IVF and IUI costs but my treatment didn’t involve either so I didn’t always know what to expect.... I had a full workup and had poor egg health and heterozygous MTHFR. She prescribed a supplement to help with egg health. I also took baby aspirin and progesterone after I ovulated. Once I became pregnant I took prednisone for the first 12 weeks
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
They are very busy! I wish I had known more about the costs of everything. They seemed to be very upfront about IVF and IUI costs but my treatment didn’t involve either so I didn’t always know what to expect.
She was very warm and kind and respectful.
Sometimes I wasn’t sure when to expect to hear back from them.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I had a great experience and had a successful pregnancy after her prescribed treatment. I felt she was very realistic in my diagnosis (she didn’t sugar coat anything) and talked about multiple plans if our first plan was unsuccessful. I felt very hopeful after meeting with her from the first visit.
Don’t expect things to be sugar coated, she gives you the truth which is sometimes hard to hear but she does it with concern and compassion.
I had a full workup and had poor egg health and heterozygous MTHFR. She prescribed a supplement to help with egg health. I also took baby aspirin and progesterone after I ovulated. Once I became pregnant I took prednisone for the first 12 weeks.
Littleton

Monica [a nurse at Conceptions- Lafayette] was easy to work with, always reply to emails/calls.... I went to conceptions after 3 failed IUI with 1 miscarriage at CCRM. The price is what brought me to conceptions but the care and compassion is what got me to stay. I believe the have an amazing staff with a lower price tag.... I went on letrezole and trigger shot. He did tell me that due to my DOR my chances are low but we decided to give it a try.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
He was kind and friendly, his personal experience helped me feel as if he understand my struggle. He is hands on Doc. and always open for questions or concern.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Monica)
Monica was easy to work with, always reply to emails/calls.
Dr. Green greeted me with a smile and went above and beyond to make things work. He left it up to me to make the decision after he explain to me all the details and how he feels i should proceed. He is always available if you have any questions, and he is open to every new idea.
Trust him.
The initial consultation was $175, IUI cycle was $1000 Includes donor sperm.
I have just started so i dont have all the info.