Conceptions Reproductive Associates

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Castle Rock
Lone Tree
10099 RidgeGate Pkwy #260
Lone Tree, CO 80124
303-586-6598
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Conceptions Reproductive Associates to a friend?
The benefits of a larger practice [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] are that there are a lot of resources and you get results back incredibly quickly. Challenges are that you don't see the doctor too much and it can at times feel like you are one of many. For me that wasn't an issue since I just wanted to get pregnant and they did that twice for me successfully, but if you are looking for very personalized care and hand holding, you might not get that with a larger practice and should look to a smaller practice.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The benefits of a larger practice are that there are a lot of resources and you get results back incredibly quickly. Challenges are that you don't see the doctor too much and it can at times feel like you are one of many. For me that wasn't an issue since I just wanted to get pregnant and they did that twice for me successfully, but if you are looking for very personalized care and hand holding, you might not get that with a larger practice and should look to a smaller practice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Hands down, the best part about our experience was Jessica and the nursing staff. Infertility/IVF was one of the scariest/nerve wracking experiences and Jessica was an angel. She always responded to my emails within a few hours and even some within a few mins and would call me anytime I needed to talk. She explained the treatment and didn't hesitate to give me good/bad/ugly with what it was and was honest in her answers. Additionally, you can tell that she is very knowledgeable herself and knows exactly what to do! I genuinely believe she is the absolute best in what she does.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush is extremely knowledgeable and even though he isn't the warmest personality, he knows what he is doing and is committed to the best course of treatment for a successful outcome. Our previous doctor at Conceptions left to start a practice in another location and he had done a fresh transfer that resulted in our son. It wasn't even a tough decision on who would take over treatment for our frozen transfer for baby number 2 as we knew Dr. Bush was the best and would get us pregnant. Even though we only met with Dr. Bush in the initial meeting to plan the frozen transfer and the transfer itself, I knew he was managing care behind the scenes and trusted the decisions he was making. If you are looking for hand holding throughout the process, Dr. Bush might not be for you, but he certainly will do everything he can to get you pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Ask questions! He might not be as forthcoming with your treatment but will answers questions that you have so be prepared when you meet with him.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I am incredibly lucky to have great insurance coverage for infertility so I only spent about $1,200 for my frozen transfer including medications
Describe Mark Bush's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Dr. Bush felt strongly that we only transfer one single embryo which was absolutely the best medical course of action and in the best interest of myself and a pregnancy.
Castle Rock
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
I like the clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates]. It did take us several weeks to get an appointment, and it was a little confusing getting started with treatment, though I think that would be the case anywhere. They do a good job of explaining the various follow-up appointments you'll have to make.... During our appointment with Dr. Greene, we realized he hadn't received the latest test results from my urologist, even though they'd said they'd send them over.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I like the clinic. It did take us several weeks to get an appointment, and it was a little confusing getting started with treatment, though I think that would be the case anywhere. They do a good job of explaining the various follow-up appointments you'll have to make.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Greene was the kindest, most optimistic doctor I had met along my path. More importantly, it didn't feel like he was trying to give me false hope—he's just very confident in what he could do. Talking to Dr. Greene was the first time I'd felt hopeful about having kids since I learned my diagnosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
During our appointment with Dr. Greene, we realized he hadn't received the latest test results from my urologist, even though they'd said they'd send them over. We'd planned the appointment for weeks and were more than a little upset. Dr. Greene called a nurse in, had me sign a consent form, and his nurse was able to retrieve the results straight from the lab before we were doing talking! It was probably the best experience I've ever had at a doctor's office.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
How was your experience with Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I've had one meeting with Dr. Greene, but it was a great experience. He took time to answer all my questions thoughtfully and carefully. I felt like I was being treated by a doctor who actually cared.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
You're in good hands. Be sure to do your own prep work and come prepared with good questions.
Describe the protocols Robert Greene used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
Because we are so early in the process, we talked about early preparation for IVF. Mostly we talked about the general outline of treatment. We haven't yet begun the treatment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We just started and have pretty good insurance. I think we paid a few hundred dollars for the first round of blood tests for each of us.
Describe Robert Greene's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
He was more in favor of eSET because of the risk of pregnancy complications when attempting to transfer multiple embryos simultaneously.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
The nursing staff is overall very compassionate and personable at Conceptions. You end up there so often, they start to recognize and remember details about you. The nurses are quick to respond to inquiries. Calisse is very professional and optimistic, but a little pushy about IVF.... A few times, we felt a little rushed in and out of the office. Overall, the staff takes every case very seriously and genuinely wishes to see success for the patients they treat.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Conceptions has great reviews and great results. I was referred there by a family member who had a successful IVF experience. A few times, we felt a little rushed in and out of the office. Overall, the staff takes every case very seriously and genuinely wishes to see success for the patients they treat.
Dr. Greene explained the option thoroughly after evaluating our test results. He told us that he was more inclined to start the IVF process, but that IUI was also an option. When we decided to give IUI a shot, he never made us second guess ourselves. He is very personable and positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Calisse Cryer)
Dr. Greene is very knowledgable and kind. He clearly explained our options, and once we chose an option, he delved into the details of the chosen path. He is very easy to contact via email and responds quickly. One weakness I experienced was a lack of detail when it came to lab and test results.
Come ready with questions. Sometimes visits fly by, and you realized you left with more questions than answers. He is more than willing to answer questions, however!
With a less-than-cookie-cutter PCOS diagnosis, Dr. Green suggested IUI as intervention for our infertility. He prescribed Letrozole at 50mg for days 3-7, an hcg shot after a follicle was confirmed 18mm or larger, and progesterone taken twice a day after the IUI. The Letrozole was used to ensure ovulation, and I did successfully ovulate, a little earlier every month over 3 months of IUI treatment. My progesterone was tested after one week of use and Dr. Greene was satisfied with the levels. While the circumstances seemed favorable, the IUI was never successful.
Each IUI, including medication, ultrasounds, and the procedure, was around $1000.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Erika [a nurse at Conceptions] is amazing. She works hard and gives me all the information I need. She calls me to celebrate the ups and is there to help me with downs. I will say, there was a nurse who called me one, I don't remember her name, but she didn't look at my protocol first, and that was annoying, it was right before starting priming, but otherwise, Erika has cleared everything up and has been super helpful.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Overall the clinic is great, I feel like they are there to serve people. Sometimes when I have gone in early for blood draws and ultrasounds, they didn't give me that feeling, and I felt like I was an inconvenience for showing up 10 minutes early to my appointment. This was never the case at Sky Ridge, only Littleton.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I feel like I am more of a human here. They know my name, they answer questions, and they give tons of information up front. There is no secrecy in things, it is all laid out for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika)
Erika is amazing. She works hard and gives me all the information I need. She calls me to celebrate the ups and is there to help me with downs. I will say, there was a nurse who called me one, I don't remember her name, but she didn't look at my protocol first, and that was annoying, it was right before starting priming, but otherwise, Erika has cleared everything up and has been super helpful.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush is not super warm and fuzzy, but he is honest. He gives examples of what he things and why and gave me a ton of information from the get go. He was very blunt about my AMH level and that continuing with IUIs would be wasting my time and my eggs. I liked that. We have a follow up on Thursday to discuss the egg retrieval. I know he is very confident in his ability and he wants to keep up his success rates, so I know he will continue to work hard to get me pregnant.
Be blunt, and ask questions. He talks very fast, but wants to be informative.
Describe the protocols Mark Bush used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
He had me start a ton of vitamins, including CoQ10, Acai Berry, Myo-Inositol, Vitamin D, Vitamin E, L-Arginine, and DHA. Started those in December and then started priming in January. Due to my low AMH, they didn't prime me with birth control, instead after ovulation, I did 3 Cetrotide injections. Then started stims on Day 3 of my next cycle. Started with 3 vials of menopur and 0.7 iu of omnitrope in the morning and 225 of gonal at night. Increased Gonal to 375 on CD7. Then on cycle day 8 added a vial of menopur at night. By CD 10 they added a 2nd vial of menopur at night.
The great thing about Dr. Bush's office is that all costs are on the website and they are all up front and honest. You don't have to jump through any hoops to get information. It is $19,411 for a full IVF cycle with PGS testing and ICSI included. This does not include medications, but is well priced overall.
We only have one embryo to transfer... But I believe Dr. Bush prefers to transfer only one, since it is less risky as far as pregnancy goes.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths: Ease of appointment scheduling with reminder phone calls. Pleasant and polite staff. Weakness: Patient Portal needs improving. Providers [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] are frequently booked out weeks and may have to wait for consultations and follow ups.... I had different nurses for IVF coordination and FET coordination. Each nurse was knowledgeable in specific protocols used and the rational for why. Email was the easiest and fasted way to communicate.
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Strengths: Ease of appointment scheduling with reminder phone calls. Pleasant and polite staff. Weakness: Patient Portal needs improving. Providers are frequently booked out weeks and may have to wait for consultations and follow ups.
Dr. Bush made a point to review all pertinent history and acknowledged/ validated feelings during difficult treatment outcomes.
I had different nurses for IVF coordination and FET coordination. Each nurse was knowledgeable in specific protocols used and the rational for why. Email was the easiest and fasted way to communicate. Phone calls required a voicemail left and calls may take a few hours to be returned
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr Bush is a very intelligent man with a strong knowledge base. He practices reproductive therapy with an evidence based approach. He makes changes appropriately with poor or unexpected cycle outcomes. He sometimes speaks using a lot of difficult to understand medical terminology but uses illustrations and graphics to help explain in a more understandable way.
Expect a lot of information to be given by Dr. Bush and don't be afraid to ask for clarification if you don't understand something.
IVF #1 Antagonist protocol using GonalF, Menopur and Cetrotide. Dual HcG and Lupron trigger. Freeze all. Rational: PCOS Diagnosis, high risk for OHSS. Results: poor responder: 3 eggs, 2 Mature, 1 fertilized did not make it to blast. IVf #2 Long Lupron with Menopur only. HCG trigger. ICSI/CCS freeze all. rational: risk for OHSS, Probable poor egg quality. Results: 14 retrieved, 11 Mature, 9 Fertilized, 6 Blastocysts- 2 euploid.
Costs were affordable and inline with the national average.
Follows appropriate recommendations for known diploid eSET.
Littleton
The staff [at Conceptions] have always been quick to return phone calls and are easy to get a hold of with questions. All of the planning for when to come into the office for procedures is done with the nurses, and they have always explained each step of the process well... The only weakness of the office overall is there is not a lot of emotion. I don’t mind there not being a lot of emotion in the conversations I have with the doctor of the rest of the staff, but if this is extremely important to you it might be something to consider.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The clinic is well known and popular because of their success. Even though a lot of people use this clinic I have always felt they are quick to return phone calls and answer questions. The only weakness of the office overall is there is not a lot of emotion. I don’t mind there not being a lot of emotion in the conversations I have with the doctor of the rest of the staff, but if this is extremely important to you it might be something to consider.
Dr. Bush does a good job at focusing on the people in front of him. I didn’t get the sense that he was trying to rush me out the door to get on to the next thing. Our appointment with him after all of our testing was done was thorough and gave us a good picture of the plan going forward. That being said the clinic prides themselves on how many successful IVFs they have done, and show you that pride through lots of numbers. While I am sure this is helpful to some, after being on the wrong side of statistics for years now, I just want to know how you are going to help me and my current situation. I appreciate that they are good at their jobs, but I don’t need to spend 1/3 of my time with the doctor reviewing charts that show me what I have already researched online.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
The staff have always been quick to return phone calls and are easy to get a hold of with questions. All of the planning for when to come into the office for procedures is done with the nurses, and they have always explained each step of the process well.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush is thorough and allows you time to ask all your questions that arise. When we decided to start with IUI I left the office with a clear understanding of the plan. So far our appointments with Dr.Bush have been straightforward.
Come prepared with questions. Just like at any other doctors office, Dr.Bush is happy to explain things but he obviously doesn’t have a lot of time to just sit there and wait. However if you come with your questions written down and are prepared they will get answered.
We husband and I are in the middle of our second IUI cycle. Dr. Bush prescribed 5 mg of Letrozole daily cycle day 3 through 7. For our first cycle I went in to the clinic cycle day 13 for a pelvic ultrasound. Once confirmed I had a dominant follicle they gave me a trigger shot. Then the IUI was performed on cycle day 14 by the nurse. This cycle they are having me go in on cycle day 12 for the ultrasound and will determine what day the IUI is on after measuring the follicles for enough growth.
I do not remember total costs of the top of my head. However, we have spent over $1,000 in testing to try to determine the cause of our infertility. I have not received the bills for our IUI yet therefore I don’t know the costs. I did pay about $350 for the progesterone and estradiol prescribed for inbetween the IUI and pregnancy test.
Denver
They [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] didn’t even bother billing my insurance for blood work insurance covers a portion of. They just billed me the cash payment and every single time I have to submit insurance billing myself.... o calculate my total cost so far would probably scare me. Each IUI treatment including ultrasounds and day 3 bloodwork got cash pay is about $1200. Other bloodwork I’ve been required to do about once a year range from $100-$200. The HSG test cost about $500.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I will be honest that my review may be bias to the fact I’ve had 3 unsuccessful IUIs. I know there is only so much a clinician can do when nature just isn’t working. If I could start from the beginning I would probably choose a different facility. I don’t feel like this facility is compassionate towards the cost of treatment.
I felt a lot of times it was all about the payments. Maybe this is more along with office staff instead of Dr, but they didn’t even bother billing my insurance for blood work insurance covers a portion of. They just billed me the cash payment and every single time I have to submit insurance billing myself.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kalise)
She was thorough with the next steps after I went in on day one of cycle and let me know what would happen through the IUI cycle. The nurses did allow for me to have my first IUI cycle before my husband’s sperm count was at a high enough number.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr Greene was up front with options, but I have only seen him twice in the 2 years I’ve been treated at this facility. Once for intake consultation and once for my HSG test. I would rather see the actual Dr more.
Ask for everything you will be charged forup front. Ask about exactly what steps will be taken for treatment as far as how many IUIs will be done unsuccessfully before they will push IVF.
Dr Greene had nothing to do with my cycles, I only had contact with nurses for this.
To calculate my total cost so far would probably scare me. Each IUI treatment including ultrasounds and day 3 bloodwork got cash pay is about $1200. Other bloodwork I’ve been required to do about once a year range from $100-$200. The HSG test cost about $500.
Lafayette
Nurse [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] failed to call with results on day 3 before beginning letrozole. I started on my own. Miscommunication caused me to skip an oral med cycle. Then my period was off, had to take provera, resulted in cyst needing to be drained... The office has 2 floors and it is hard to know where to check in at. They have multiple locations so we would do ultrasounds/blood work closer to home, and travel to the main office for procedures. This helps with my work schedule. Staff seems friendly and while the beginning was a rocky start, I came to see them as organized and on top of the paperwork.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
When we started, the clinic didn’t give instructions - stop/continue birth control - which created a delay in treatment. The office has 2 floors and it is hard to know where to check in at. They have multiple locations so we would do ultrasounds/blood work closer to home, and travel to the main office for procedures. This helps with my work schedule. Staff seems friendly and while the beginning was a rocky start, I came to see them as organized and on top of the paperwork.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalia Grinder at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I never met a doctor until we needed a regroup. Before that I saw nurses and nurse practitioners. The doctors seemed hands off with patients. However the staff I did interact with were nice.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
Our nurse was great. The only exception was there was a time she didn’t call with results before I started the letrozole (I took a chance and started it on my own). She answered emails in a timely manner and wven responded once when she was out of the office for an extended few days. A secondary nurse at a separate branch helped when my nurse was unavailable. This resulted in miscommunication about the reason for the regroup. I went in expecting one thing and the dr was prepared to discussion another thing.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
How was your experience with Natalia Grinder at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
She was very frank at a regroup. If oral meds didn’t work she would not do injectables with IUI. She would only do IVF. She said she didn’t want me wasting money on Iui when Ivf had better outcomes. We only met once at the first regroup (still continuing care).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalia Grinder at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
She seemed to push IVF ($$ for them), but I do think in my case, that is probably the only outcome that will work. She seemed compassionate and understanding, but busy enough to only communicate through nurses on a monthly basis.
Describe the protocols Natalia Grinder used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
She chose letrozole as I had only used clomid in the last with no results. She also wanted as least invasive as possible, so we started with oral meds with iui. Letrozole 5mg - no ovulation Miscommunication with clinic - no meds, missed cycle, regroup Letrozole 7.5mg - ovulation, 2 eggs, unsuccessful iui Letrozole 7.5mg - ovulation, 1 egg, unsuccessful iui Letrozole 7.5mg - no ovulation
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalia Grinder at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Sperm wash - $95 self pay Iui - $395 self pay Letrozole - insurance - $1 Ovidril - insurance - $25 Dr appt - don’t remember -$200 initial consult and regroup? Ultrasound - $20 with insurance
Describe Natalia Grinder's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Natalia Grinder
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Conceptions has a fantastic team. The receptionists are friendly and get to know you while you're going in for daily monitoring. The phlebotomists are skilled and friendly. The embryologist is very knowledgeable. All of the IVF nurses are caring and fantastic. Communication outside of a cycle can be spotty. While I always felt like I could get ahold of someone while cycling, it is slower to get information when waiting to start the donor process....
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Dr. Bush always remembers the specifics of our case when we meet. He explains things in a way that is easy to understand, and is willing to go into as much scientific detail as we want. I appreciate that he wants us to understand how IVF works, and how it's working in my body specifically. He also always considered my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Evans)
Sarah Evans was amazing! She is incredibly sweet and funny. She was so compassionate whenever she had to give us bad news, but also very hopeful that we would find success.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush doesn't have the warmest bedside manner upfront, but as we got to know him more he warmed up. He knows his stuff -- he does a lot of research, and is willing to share that with his patients. He was always prepared with the details of our case when we met, and has all of the details pulled up on the computer to show, such as exact hormone levels etc.
Dr. Bush always seems to know what he wants to say next, so it can be hard to interrupt with questions if you're feeling overwhelmed. But if you know you have something you want to ask, do it. I think our meetings became more of a true conversation once I became more informed and didn't feel so overwhelmed by the whole process.
For 3 months before each IVF cycle, I was on CoQ10, monitored DHEA, and other supplements recommended by Dr. Bush. Our first IVF cycle was a standard antagonist protocol. BCP for down-reg still resulted in a cyst, which I had aspirated before starting stims. I did Gonal-F, Menopur and omnitrope, adding in Cetrotide later. I had 6 eggs retrieved, 1 embryo which ended up abnormal. Our second IVF cycle he suggested a Dragisic protocol. He felt this would increase egg quality. We did ovulation-start estrace, then started injections with Menopur and omnitrope, adding in Cetrotide later. I had 7 eggs retrieved, which resulted in zero embryos.
I don't remember exact numbers, however we were given both a discount and a credit after the failed cycle (credit because 1 transfer was included in the upfront IVF package)
We haven't ever gotten to a transfer, but he does encourage single transfers.
Littleton
Overall the staff were friendly and easy to schedule appointments with. The Littleton clinic [for Conceptions Reproductive Associates] is a bit confusing since they have 2 floors, I was never sure which floor to check in with. Good location and easy parking.... 2 vials menopur AM .7 cc omnitrope 1 vial menopur PM Cetrotide PM He used a higher amount of omnitrope due to my age to help with egg quality. I also stimulate easily. We got 11 eggs, 8 fertilized, 2 made it to day 5/6 blastocysts. Both were tested by Natera for genetic abnormalities and both came back abnormal.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Overall the staff were friendly and easy to schedule appointments with. The Littleton clinic is a bit confusing since they have 2 floors, I was never sure which floor to check in with. Good location and easy parking.
Although he did give me a specific protocol, I wasn’t told why he made the decisions he made. It’s also unclear why we struggle to conieve when al my numbers and my husbands numbers are normal range or better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Nancy Guin )
Overall she was fine, but my first experience at another fertility clinic in Chicago was so much better. The nurse was always available and t felt like she was right beside me Gould through all the phases. I felt like Nancy was just pushing information at me.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I felt he was demeanor was arrogant and he kept giving us success percentages from their clinic over other clinics. When you’ve just failed an IVF cycle hearing this information is not helpful. I wanted more individualized care and for him to dive into what we can do specifically to help our chances. He also didn’t give our odds of trying again, just said I think you should try.
He’s definitely not warm and fuzzy. He’s a numbers person for his clinic and doesn’t seem overly concerned about the specific patient or patient needs.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Pretty straight forward from what I’ve experienced in the past. My only complaint is I had to ask the number of follicles they saw each time instead of them telling me as they’re doing it.
We are fortunate to have some fertility coverage. I think after all the medications and embryo testing, it was around $15,000. Not sure how much it would have been without insurance coverage
No comment since we didn’t get to the transfer stage
IVF, Donor Eggs
The donor egg team [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] has 3 nurses, but I primarily worked with Cori. I absolutely adore these women. They have so much compassion, are quick to respond to questions and incredible patient. They really made a horrible diagnosis manageable.... In total, including the cost of donor eggs (one frozen cycle and one fresh) we spent around $75,000.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I couldn't praise Dr. Greene or the nursing team i worked with enough. I had a few hiccups with the billing department, but they were all quickly resolved. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Greene and his team.
Dr. Greene is a caring, patient physician. He has an amazing bedside manner, and I always felt like my case was important to him. He never rushed through appointments, and always took time to answer all of my questions. At time, pulling in his peers to help gain insight.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Cori Silverman)
The donor egg team has 3 nurses, but I primarily worked with Cori. I absolutely adore these women. They have so much compassion, are quick to respond to questions and incredible patient. They really made a horrible diagnosis manageable.
Dr. Greene was the second doctor I saw at Conceptions. The first left the practice before my first donor egg cycle. I immediately felt comfortable in his care. He was persistent in his optimism for us, and honest about our options.
He is absolutely great.
Our first attempt, we used frozen donor eggs from an egg bank. This was a direction that our first doctor recommended. We only got one embryo from that cycle and it failed to implant. We decided to try again, and Dr. Greene advised us to do a fresh cycle, plus CCS screening. From that donor we ended up with 7 tested embryos. A chemical pregnancy resulted from the first transfer. For the second, we added an endometrial scratch and intralipid therapy. That transfer took, and I'm currently pregnant.
Dr. Greene really preferred transferring one embryo. I think had I really wanted to transfer two he would have, but they really prefer one.
2014 - 2017
Clinic [Conceptions] seems to be adjusting to an increased volume of patients, so they are working through some protocol updates. Missy, at the front desk, is fantastic...Nursing staff had a good attitude and was very prompt/communicative. I liked working with them...Just one time a nurse (who is no longer at the clinic) failed to call in a prescription for my pre-natal vitamins. I called to ask about it and they corrected it immediately...
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Clinic seems to be adjusting to an increased volume of patients, so they are working through some protocol updates. Missy, at the front desk, is fantastic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I felt like she really cared about my treatment and outcome. When I needed to contact her after hours she was readily available, and always reassuring. She has a very friendly 'bedside' manner and it was easy to establish a good rapport with her.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Ambler was a clear communicator and was genuinely invested in my care and outcome. I felt confident in how she approached my case, we did significant testing and based on the results she presented options and recommendations for next steps. I felt confident in her care and the plan to to get to a positive pregnancy. I've gone to Dr. Ambler twice and absolutely recommend her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Be prepared with any questions you have and she will go through them with you at your appointments. If something comes up after hours, don't be afraid to call her on-call.
Describe the protocols Dana Ambler used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
We decided to move forward with IVF from the very beginning. My first cycle for egg retrieval didn't go as planned (the follicles/eggs weren't mature enough) so we needed to cancel. I was of course very disappointed, but I really appreciated that Dr. Ambler called me herself to explain what was going on and the rationale for canceling that cycle. For the next egg retrieval cycle, we were able to change my dosing so that my follicles/eggs looked great and we could move ahead confidently for the retrieval. I've gone to Dr. Ambler for 2 embryo transfers, and they were both successful. Per her recommendation, I utilized an acupuncturist for each and found that to be very relaxing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I don't really remember but given what I know from other friends that have gone through the same thing, I think my costs were average.
Describe Dana Ambler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
In my case, Dr. Ambler recommended a single embryo transfer and I felt comfortable with her reasoning.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
The way they [Conceptions] care about their patients is practically unheard of. We knew it wouldn't be an easy road for me and they've been there every step of the way...Jessica was the best nurse I could've asked for. She answered all of my emails almost immediately and had a demeanor that really helped us to relax. She even followed up after cycles to see how we were doing, if there was anything she could to help us, etc. Just amazing...This is probably the nicest RE offices I have ever been to. The inside feels more like a spa than a fertility office.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
He took the time to explain everything in layman's terms to my husband and I. It felt like he wasn't just there to up his ART score and genuinely wanted to help us. We talked about things we had tried in the past, and one he wanted to suggest since we were successful with it (but had a miscarriage), but the reactions I had to the medicine were so bad that I refused and he accepted that with genuine understanding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Rico)
Jessica was the best nurse I could've asked for. She answered all of my emails almost immediately and had a demeanor that really helped us to relax. She even followed up after cycles to see how we were doing, if there was anything she could to help us, etc. Just amazing. Give her a raise Dr. Bush! ;)
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I think my favorite thing about Dr. Bush was that he understands my disease. I have severe endometriosis and I was going to be taking medication to help me produce more eggs, and he knew that that was going to be extremely painful for me. One night, I was so sick from my endometriosis that the nurse on call was able to help me get pain and anti-nausea medication at 9pm to help me get through the night. The way they care about their patients is practically unheard of. We knew it wouldn't be an easy road for me and they've been there every step of the way.
Be patient. Babies aren't born in a day and Dr. Bush takes the time he needs to make sure the odds are as high as possible for each procedure performed.
We did 2 iui cycles before I was laid off. Both were unsuccessful, but that's no reflection on conceptions, my uterus is just a hot mess :) We started with an HSG and a SHG. Left tube was open and I was given the go ahead to try IUI as long as I was ovulating from the left side. I took femara for 5 days, went in for an ultrasound on cd12, and if all looked well, we did the trigger shot and the iui took place shortly after. We did this for both cycles. Unfortunately, both cycles were unsuccessful. Dr. Bush recommends doing 3 IUI cycles before moving on to IVF. We weren't able to complete the third due to my being laid off and then several deaths in the family. We are still planning on it though!
We had to cancel our last IUI because I was laid off from my job, and three weeks later my father passed away (my mother passed the year before) so all of our money went to paying for funerals, travel costs, unemployment costs, etc. It was awful. And they were very understanding. They gave us a very long time to get caught up on our past due balance so that we could continue to go there when we were in a better place financially again. We are so grateful for that experience with them.
4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
I can't speak highly enough about the nursing staff [Conceptions - Littleton]. There is one staff for the retrieval phase and one for the transfer. Every single one of them is competent, well organized, compassionate, and very knowledgeable.... Dr. Greene took time to meet me and my husband when our first doctor left the practice. ...I saw him at all the big visits, knew he looked over my chart and test results to determine next day's protocol, and he encouraged us to email him directly if we had questions.
4 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr. Greene took time to meet me and my husband when our first doctor left the practice. He was kind, very educated, blunt but not to the point of rudeness, encouraged us to reach out to him via email if he couldn't be reached by phone, and explained why he was making changes to a protocol for better success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika Peksens & Tanya Sarver)
I can't speak highly enough about the nursing staff. There is one staff for the retrieval phase and one for the transfer. Every single one of them is competent, well organized, compassionate, and very knowledgeable.
He always has a smile for his patients. He's great at putting you at ease. He and his wife have been through IVF so he knows what the process is like as a patient and provider. He's trained in some practices not every else is, which was great when we hit a specific road block with a cyst, and he had no problem aspirating it to save our cycle. I saw him at all the big visits, knew he looked over my chart and test results to determine next day's protocol, and he encouraged us to email him directly if we had questions.
Ask all the questions you can and he will give you all the answers he can. And if he can't provide an answer, he will find it. I never felt like he talked down to me with all my questions.
I had two cancelled retrieval cycles before I saw Dr. Greene. One was cancelled due to a cyst and another because I over-stimmed and ovulated. Dr. Green assured me that should either of these happen again he would be able to help, especially with a cyst since he was familiar with aspirating them (which did indeed happen - he aspirated my ovarian cyst in a quick outpatient procedure and saved my third retrieval cycle). For my successful retrieval with Dr. Greene, I was on NuvaRing, Cetrotide, Gonal F, Lupron, Pregnyl, and Menopur. We had 19 eggs, 16 were mature, 12 fertilized, 7 made it to day 5, and 6 passed PGS testing as normal. For the transfer phase, I was on Pregnyl, progesterone in oil, Estrace, Vivelle, and Lupron. The first transfer was a success and I'm now pregnant, due in November 2017.
He believed, and I think their practice follows this belief, that if you are under 35 and healthy they will only transfer one embryo. Maybe two if there is an extenuating circumstance. They only routinely discuss transferring two if you are over 35 or have a history of recurrent miscarriages. I don't think the every transfer more than two.
2014 - 2017
She [nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was fantastic. She spent time talk to me, reviewing things, discussing options, etc. I cannot stress how fantastic she was....I have DOR and poor egg quality. I got to retrieval, they got 8 eggs and the one that made it to freeze was genetically abnormal. On to donor eggs for the next try...I did acupuncture and acai berry stuff which added to the cost, but probably over $20K
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Knowing where to go is a bit confusing sometimes so I always have to ask - upstairs or down. And they keep billing United and I haven't had them for insurance for awhile. Otherwise it's a nice place
Although he comes across as pompous, he did take the time to speak with me, review prior visits, talk about options, explain everything, and even make a few jokes. The nurses always spent time talking to me, explaining things, and comforting me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Michelle but she's not there anymore)
She was fantastic. She spent time talk to me, reviewing things, discussing options, etc. I cannot stress how fantastic she was.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I think he is great at what he does. I don't care much about bedside mannerisms at this point as having a child is more important to me. He took time to answer my questions, pose alternative options, be realistic about my situation and possible outcomes.
Just know he knows he's good at what he does. If you need coddling I don't think you would find it with any doctor in this industry, but I have no qualms about working with him at all.
I can't remember the name of the protocol. But I started on birth control, we did pills the first time and it suppressed me to much so we did the nuva ring the second time. Then I used menopur and follistim and ganirelix. This protocol was very similar to the one I initiated with the first doctor I saw, but I have DOR and poor egg quality. I got to retrieval, they got 8 eggs and the one that made it to freeze was genetically abnormal. On to donor eggs for the next try
2012 - 2016
Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained
Tanya was my primary nurse [at Conceptions]. I loved her. She was timely, thoughtful, smart, communicative, prompt, and caring. I adored working with her. She was wonderful and I miss her!... Conceptions is warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful. I never felt like I was a cash cow... although I did have to pay out of pocket... As unpleasant as some of these appointments can be, I always had wonderful monitors. I loved this team so much!
2012 - 2016
Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I had been to another, rather well-known clinic in the area. So, my experience is based on comfort and gut feelings. Conceptions is warm, welcoming, friendly and helpful. I never felt like I was a cash cow... although I did have to pay out of pocket.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Swanson at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He was wonderful. He took a lot of time with us, answered all of our questions, and was frank with us about the predicted outcomes. He was right!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tanya)
Tanya was my primary nurse. I loved her. She was timely, thoughtful, smart, communicative, prompt, and caring. I adored working with her. She was wonderful and I miss her!
How was your experience with Michael Swanson at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He was great. I was pleased with his knowledge & bedside manner. I really appreciated his sense of humor, his kindness, & his confidence. We only met with him a couple of times during the entire process, however, I never felt slighted, disregarded, or felt like I was looked at as just another patient with money to spend.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Swanson at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Unfortunately, he has retired. I have referred a lot of friends to him and Conceptions as a whole. My nurses, ultrasound techs were wonderful.
Describe the protocols Michael Swanson used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
Our journey has been in three parts with Dr. Swanson. 1) In September of 2012 I met Dr. Swanson. We started testing then and it was decided to move on from IUIs to IVF. 2) We began shots in January of 2013 to prep my body for my egg retrieval. 3) We retrieved my eggs in March 2013. We planned on doing PGD, so I knew we were going to have to wait to transfer. Dr. Swanson gathered 30 eggs. 14 of those eggs fertilized and of those, only 5 made it to the blastocyst stage. We sent those 5 to be genetically tested. I recall it was nice because to take a break because I did slightly overstim a bit and felt AWFUL after my retrieval. 4) I found out that I had a couple of cysts, so we did have to delay my transfer to the fall. I was devastated for the delay. I started meds in early September, and we transferred our boy embryo in late October. I delivered him on his due date in July. For this cycle, what helped me prep was an IVF Calendar that I could read and reminders. A number of shots and pills was crazy and expensive! Since we had one remaining female embryo, we did the same protocol for our girl embryo and transferred last March 2016. Our daughter was born in November 2016. I do recall we used lupron, estrogen, and progesterone to help stim. And of course we had those HUGE shots of progesterone for 12 weeks after my confirmed pregnancies.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Swanson at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We paid around $20,000 for our retrieval and first FET. Our second FET was around $8,500. These prices include meds.
Describe Michael Swanson's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I followed my doctor's lead on this. He suggested transferring only one embryo due to my "mature age". 33/34 and 36. He cited studies supporting his opinion on transferring one embryo. That worked for us!
Littleton
The front desk staff at the Denver office [Conceptions] is very friendly and great. The front desk staff at the Littleton office isn't as friendly, they whisper about other co-workers and patients. The billing department is probably the worst part of the clinic.... I felt more like a dollar sign. I would get bills and phone calls about treatment that had already been paid for....I really enjoyed most of the nurses that I interacted with at Conceptions. The one thing I didn't like is that you had a different nurse at each stage of your cycle. They were all very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The front desk staff at the Denver office is very friendly and great. The front desk staff at the Littleton office isn't as friendly, they whisper about other co-workers and patients. The billing department is probably the worst part of the clinic.
I was treated like a human with all of my interactions with Dr. Ambler. The billing staff was a different story, I felt more like a dollar sign. I would get bills and phone calls about treatment that had already been paid for.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I loved Dr. Ambler from the very first visit! She was so great, friendly, educated, and straight forward. When I had concerns she was available to answer my questions. She was really good at making sure I felt comfortable with what the plan was and made sure to answer all questions I had.
If you go to Conceptions make sure Dr. Ambler is your provider.
We went to Dr. Ambler as a LGBT couple hoping to have a baby. We started with the IUI process but after 3 failed medicated IUI cycles Dr. Ambler felt we needed to move to the next step and we agreed. We decided to do an egg retrieval with a freeze all cycle. After the retrieval, Dr. Ambler diagnosed me with poor egg quality. We had one embryo make it to freeze. Dr. Ambler wanted to move a head with the frozen transfer of our one embryo, and I am currently pregnant with our one little embryo.
Total cost for treatment including 3 IUI's, egg retrieval, frozen transfer, and medication was about 26,000
We only had one embryo to transfer so this was never and issue. Dr. Ambler wasn't completely opposed of transferring 2 embryos but I think it is very situational.
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
It was refreshing to be with a clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] that cared and did everything that we wanted from PGS testing to freezing our embryos...The nurses and staff are AMAZING!!!!! So sweet and caring they really go out of their way to make you feel at home...I went to all of the locations when I was doing my treatments and they are all wonderful. Clean, organized, wonderful staff. I can't think of one weakness at this clinic.
2 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
DR. Riggs took the time to explain everything is great detail. He treats you like you are part of his family. He is extremely knowledgeable and willing to talk at any time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
It was refreshing to be with a clinic that cared and did everything that we wanted from PGS testing to freezing our embryos. Dr. Riggs was a team player with us and we felt that we could discuss anything and everything with him. He has our best interests. It never felt like the clinic just wanted our money.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I think it's important to know that Dr. Riggs does sometimes talks over you, or you might feel he is not listening. Once I understood this was his personality I adjusted how I spoke to him but in the beginning, it was very annoying.
Describe the protocols Ryan Riggs used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
Dr. Riggs was slow and steady with me he didn't over medicate like my previous RE did. I stimulated beautifully resulting in 14 eggs retrieved my first IVF cycle with Dr. Riggs and then 6 retrieved my second IVF cycle. Every month is different so I wasn't that upset that I only retrieved 6 eggs for the second cycle. He added in HGH and dexamethasone and Lupron to be used with the trigger. These drugs were never used in my previous IVF cycles. We wanted to freeze all so we could PGS test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
$20,000-24,000
Littleton
I got 1:1 personal attention [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] from my IVF nurse coordinator (Ericka P). She was responsive, excited and dedicated to my treatment. She often cried at every good turn before i had the chance to! I like to ask a lot of questions and know the ends and out of my treatment and she loved supplying all of the information. This office is ran SO well which keep me sane and able to get through such a difficult time.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
As i mentioned, this clinic is well organized, responsive and invested in its patients. Totally worth the travel to Colorado!
I absolutely LOVED Conceptions. I got 1:1 personal attention from my IVF nurse coordinator (Ericka P). She was responsive, excited and dedicated to my treatment. She often cried at every good turn before i had the chance to! I like to ask a lot of questions and know the ends and out of my treatment and she loved supplying all of the information. This office is ran SO well which keep me sane and able to get through such a difficult time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Ericka Peksens )
She was my anchor, hands down. I don't know who was more excited when i became pregnant. I still send her baby pictures!
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush was confident, but honest about my diagnosis and what it meant in terms of outcomes. We consulted with 15 different doctors on the west coast and all of them recommended donor egg. Dr. Bush was the only one who was excited about the challenge and put a lot of thought into my treatment plan. He did not sugar coat things, but he was not rude by any means. I have visited with doctors with no social skills and poor bedside manner, this is not Dr. Bush! We did our 2nd and 3rd IVF with him and during our 2nd I produced only 3 follicles. Dr. Bush recommended we cancel the cycle, but after listening to my reasoning for continuing he honored my request. While we didn't produce any embryos that cycle (similar to the first with a different doctor), we did produce an egg - its only takes one! We then proceeded to do a 3rd IVF with Dr. Bush after he explained how difficult it would be. He personalized my treatment plan (lots of Menopur) and we produced 10 eggs, 6 embryos, transferred 2 fresh untested embryos on day 3 and conceived our daughter!
Dr. Bush is confident (not arrogant), because he is successful. Look at his stats! His office is a well oiled machine, but does not treat you like a number. They really care about you. It really is the best of all worlds.
Dr. Bush ended up putting me on a very aggressive protocol of high Menopur. He suggested a day 3 fresh transfer which ended up working! Although i lived in Phoenix, I appreciated that Conceptions wanted to do all of their own testing and monitoring. I spend a lot of time in Denver, but was happy to do so!
I was fortunate to have my insurance pay for up to 3 IVF's at 100%. I had to pay for the medications. However, Conceptions does take many insurance plans if you have any sort of coverage. I'm not sure what their cash pay price is but i know its less than other Denver offices.
Dr. Bush suggested we transfer 2 embryos because they were untested. He highly recommends testing your embryos, but because we were doing a day 3 fresh transfer that was not an option. We personally would not have tested our embryos either way as we did not feel comfortable discarding even abnormal embryos.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
[Conceptions - Lafayette] Strengths- quality medicine, good SART rates, clean facility, educated staff Weaknesses- particular staff members with poor communication, and not allowing the patient to feel like a part of the team for their care...The nursing staff we had during IUI cycles was awesome, particularly Kalise (Sp?). However, Julie, our IVF nurse, seemed distant and as if she didn't really take the time to really look into and answer our questions thoroughly. Once we said we were done with IVF, she brushed off any other questions that I sent her way regarding my fertility journey...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The nurses at the Lafayette facility were great. I was not thrilled with the nurse I worked with at the Littleton facility. Dr. Riggs was reasonable and honest, although most of the care at Conceptions is interactions with the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Julie Zentz)
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Riggs was an honest, likable individual. He answered all of our questions and was candid about what we should expect. He gave us an honest, educated opinion every step of the way.
Make a list of questions prior to each visit, to ensure they all get answered.
We attempted two rounds of IUI using Femara. I do consistently ovulate, but I have Diminished Ovarian Reserve, so the goal behind this was to stimulate a "good" egg. Unfortunately, we did not succeed at getting pregnant. Next, we tried IVF with maximum stimulation using Follistim, Omnitrope (growth hormone to increase egg quality), and Menopur. Unfortunately, I did not make enough follicles to proceed to egg retrieval. Dr. Riggs was willing to try a different treatment approach in an attempt to make more follicles, but we opted to move on to embryo adoption at that point.
Each IUI cycle was approximately $1500, and the IVF cycle was $15,000 (fresh cycle, no genetic testing of embryos). The additional costs such as labs, surgery, and other procedures brought our total for the year to $30,000
Lafayette
They are incredibly well organized and fast [at Conceptions - Littleton], which is critical given the number of appointments required in IVF. Plus, they offer caramel corn. The only issue I had was some confusion about overall costs and some poor communication during our IUI cycle. Otherwise, they bent over backwards to accommodate us - even on holidays...All of the staff were well-organized and kind. Erika, though, went above an beyond. When we found out we'd only had one embryo make it to blastocyst, it was very difficult. We had to decide if we were going to proceed with just that one embryo or start all over. She called me and talked to me for as long as I needed until I felt better about everything and with proceeding with our one embryo...
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
They are incredibly well organized and fast, which is critical given the number of appointments required in IVF. Plus, they offer caramel corn. The only issue I had was some confusion about overall costs and some poor communication during our IUI cycle. Otherwise, they bent over backwards to accomodate us - even on holidays.
Dr. Bush's staff of nurses were wonderful. I couldn't say anything better about the kindness they offered me - they were responsive, personable, thoughtful and just generally great. I was very sad when, at 12 weeks, I left their care for my regular OB.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush came across as very knowledgeable and capable. He answered any questions that we had. However, I sometimes felt a bit rushed during our conversations and I wasn't always 100% certain I understood everything he was saying. That said, if we were to pursue IVF again, I would still go back to him.
He can be intimidating, but he's a good man. If you don't understand what he's saying, ask questions!
During my IUI, Clomid was used to stimulate my ovaries and Novarelle to stimulate ovulation. It resulted in two mature eggs, but no pregnancy. During IVF I was put on Bravelle to stimulate eggs growth and Novarell to stimulate ovulation. 11 eggs were retrieved, 8 were fertilized and one made it to the blastocyst phase. During my FET cycle, I was on Lupron and Ganirelx to suppress my system. just before the cycle I started progesterone and estradil. I remained on both of those through my first trimester.
Our IUI cost about $800. The IVF FET procedure from soup to nuts was $18,000. Medications ran around $3500. Each of my husband's samples cost $75 and annual storage was $275.
Littleton
All the nurses [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] were compassionate and knowledgeable. Sometimes I felt kind of bad for saying no to certain treatments. They pushed a little, but I know they thought it was in my best interest. They were respectful when I confirmed I didn't want to start treatment. I wanted to give my body a break....I only met with the doctor twice. Once when we met, and once when we went over some results with my husband present. Every visit otherwise was with a nurse.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Everyone is nice and knowledgeable in their job role.Make sure to ask plenty of questions, and definitely make sure what your insurance covers so there aren't any surprises.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Chalise)
All the nurses were compassionate and knowledgeable. Sometimes I felt kind of bad for saying no to certain treatments. They pushed a little, but I know they thought it was in my best interest. They were respectful when I confirmed I didn't want to start treatment. I wanted to give my body a break.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Mark Bush was empathetic to my feelings, and helpful when it came to explaining how we were going to move forward. He didn't seem too interested in the temp/tracking charts I brought in though. Those would have been really helpful.
Just make sure to write down questions beforehand so you don't forget certain things you need more clarity on. A lot is discussed so it is easy to leave the appointment without having all of your questions answered. The questions you do ask will be answered in a considerate and professional way.
I wasn't ovulating or having a period at all. Mark Bush and his nurses adjusted the treatment strategies as we went because my body constantly decided to do stupid things. All I will say is to be your own advocate. Make sure you understand everything you are doing, and it's ok to say no if you aren't comfortable with something. Fertility drugs shouldn't be pushed on anyone, and they shouldn't be given out like candy either. Make sure to get proper monitoring on medicated cycles. I had an issue that could have been prevented with better monitoring.
Anything infertility related is expensive even with insurance. It really hurts your bank account, but that is anywhere. I had decent insurance so it could have been worse.
Lafayette
Everybody is always on time at Conceptions, from the phlebotomists to the ultrasound techs, to the nurses, to the doctors. I found everybody to be extremely friendly, helpful, and caring, which was so important during the process. People remembered my name and cared about me as a person. I was always called back promptly for any questions...The entire nursing staff is AMAZING. AMAZING. They always responded to me quickly, either by phone or by email...
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Everybody is always on time at Conceptions, from the phlebotomists to the ultrasound techs, to the nurses, to the doctors. I found everybody to be extremely friendly, helpful, and caring, which was so important during the process. People remembered my name and cared about me as a person. I was always called back promptly for any questions. Honestly, I have zero complaints and actually already recommended Conceptions to another friend (who always has a baby from her experience there).
Dr. Riggs never rushed us. We always had a good amount of time to speak to him and he always explained exactly what was going to happen. Also, he was ALWAYS on time, and I think that's SO important.
The entire nursing staff is AMAZING. AMAZING. They always responded to me quickly, either by phone or by email. They held my hand through all the processes I had to go through and they were completely invested in my success. I cannot say enough about how wonderful they were.
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Riggs was very candid about our possibilities, including risks. He was conservative but appropriately aggressive with treatment. I didn't mind that he wasn't warm and fuzzy because I'd rather have somebody who gives it to me straight. He clearly knew what he was doing and I trusted him completely.
You won't actually see him very much, but he knows his stuff.
I think the IUI, with meds, cost about $1000. That included ultrasounds, sperm washing, etc. IVF costs were about $16,000, I think, not including medication (which brought it up well over $20,000).
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
This [Conceptions] is a smaller clinic. I think this clinic would be great for general infertility issues but if you have egg quality or sperm issues I don't feel that their lab is equipped to handle difficult cases. They seem to do more IUIs there...I did two IVF cycles with Dr. Riggs and we also did CCS testing. We did our IVF cycles back to back with two separate CCS testing. We never did a transfer as our one embryo is still frozen. I believe between medication and cycles we spent about $65,000. The medications were very costly as for my first cycle it was $8,000 and my second cycle was $6,000.
European, Middle Eastern, Other
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
This is a smaller clinic. I think this clinic would be great for general infertility issues but if you have egg quality or sperm issues I don't feel that their lab is equipped to handle difficult cases. They seem to do more IUIs there.
Dr. Riggs was a good Doctor, but I do feel like I was put into a protocol based on my age and numbers. I don't think he really looked into our case and that is why we only had 1 embryo from two cycles. He seemed like he had a lot of knowledge but it should have been more specific to my case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey and Sarah)
I had two nurses. Kelsey and Sarah. They were both amazing. They were wonderful and never forgot anything. They always called in my medication correctly and on time, they didn't have any errors in my paperwork. I could email or call them and I would always get a quick and detailed response. Wonderful staff.
How was your experience with Ryan Riggs at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I thought that Dr. Riggs was a good doctor but I don't think he looked into the facts of our case and rather just picked out a protocol for our age and used a lot of medication. I had better results and more tests with another doctor.
Stand up for you case and ask questions. Ask why he is choosing those medication dosages and why that protocol. We did a second cycle with Dr. Riggs and we had horrible outcome and we did a second cycle with the same protocol and again had a horrible outcome. We should of pushed on why the protocol stayed the same or asked for a second opinion.
For both cycles I used about 40 vials of menopur and 60 vials of bravelle. I believe it was an antagonist protocol. I cycled for about 9 days. Both my husband and I used their vitamin list to prepare for both retrievals.
They had open times for ultrasound and bloodwork when I was there. It was a very short wait for both appointments and it was usually the same nurse.
Describe Ryan Riggs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We never got to a transfer.
2013 - 2014
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Most of your contact is with the clinic staff and the nurses, but I knew Dr. Bush was overseeing the process and never felt like I couldn't get in touch with him to ask questions if need be... they called when they said they would, they provided test results as soon as possible, they e-mailed if you preferred that method of communication, and they were willing to accommodate extra sensitivities and be appropriately sympathetic. I couldn't have asked for better communication, empathy, and attention to detail.
2013 - 2014
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Bush is blunt and arrogant, but he is detailed, has read your files and is prepared for your individual situation when you meet him, and will do what he can to help you. CCRM told me they thought I should move immediately to donor eggs and essentially said I was a lost cause, but Dr. Bush was willing to treat me and do what he could to help me get pregnant. I had a 3" stack of test results, notes from other doctors, and medical history and he had read through it all prior to our meeting. When I had a stillborn baby due to a blood clot, he was empathetic and again read all of my hospital records to ensure that he could safely guide us through IVF with my added medical complications. He isn't "warm and fuzzy," but he definitely treated me like a human and he wants you to get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika Peksens)
They called when they said they would, they provided test results as soon as possible, they e-mailed if you preferred that method of communication, and they were willing to accommodate extra sensitivities and be appropriately sympathetic. I couldn't have asked for better communication, empathy, and attention to detail.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush definitely comes across as arrogant as I expect he is. But I have yet to come across a fertility doctor who is not. How can they not be when they are making humans! He is blunt about your prognosis, statistical likelihood of success, and the process that will be involved to get you pregnant. He is thorough, reads medical histories and pays attention to your details. Most of your contact is with the clinic staff and the nurses, but I knew Dr. Bush was overseeing the process and never felt like I couldn't get in touch with him to ask questions if need be. I met with doctors at CCRM and at another clinic in Denver and chose Dr. Bush because I felt like he really wanted to "win" (and by win, I mean get me pregnant).
Don't be turned off by his arrogance and the number of photos of him in the office. If you are a tough case, he will still take you on. I felt like CCRM wouldn't take me on because I was a tough case (I was given a less than 3% chance of getting pregnant EVEN with IVF) and they didn't want me to lower their statistics. Dr. Bush was happy to help me.
2011 - 2013
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The embryology lab is weak. My 15 retrieved embryos all died. Todd in the lab called to tell me the awful news and he was so nonchalant. I was 40 so what did I expect? Old, crappy eggs produced bad embryos. He seemed surprised that I cried. I was realistic about my eggs but I had hope. He made me feel foolish.... As far as strengths, their nursing staff was nice despite high turnover. They returned calls promptly....I was assigned a different nurse every week it seemed like. The turnover was high so I never really built up a rapport with anyone. They were all nice and seemed knowledgeable.
2011 - 2013
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The embryology lab is weak. My 15 retrieved embryos all died. Todd in the lab called to tell me the awful news and he was so nonchalant. I was 40 so what did I expect? Old, crappy eggs produced bad embryos. He seemed surprised that I cried. I was realistic about my eggs but I had hope. He made me feel foolish. Then the bad meeting with Dr.Bush caused me to leave the clinic. As far as strengths, their nursing staff was nice despite high turnover. They returned calls promptly.
It varied. He was so kind during my miscarriage. I lost twins at 13 weeks and was just destroyed over it. He was the on call doctor I spoke to at 4am while bleeding. He did my dnc. He was compassionate and I appreciated it. I did more IUI cycles and had a failed IVF retrieval. My last meeting with Dr.Bush was terrible. He got mad at me for asking questions about why the embryos died and spent the whole hour bashing on another local clinic. I felt bullied, talked down to and felt like I was being given hard sales pitch.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr.Bush was kind sometimes and cold others. I definitely felt like he wasn't interested in my questions or input but wanted to dictate my protocol. My concerns were unimportant, and I should shut up and trust him.
Many of my initial costs were covered by insurance and the billing staff was good about helping me navigate the various procedures.
2005 - 2012
They [the staff at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] were great, I never waited long. Always, had all my questions answered and they were always available by phone as well. When I found out I was pregnant, everyone in the office was so excited and got me in for my first prenatal check up fast. They took care of me for the first trimester. I wish he could have continued my care, but it was time to go to a ob office.
2005 - 2012
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
They were great, I never waited long. Always, had all my questions answered and they were always available by phone as well. When I found out I was pregnant, everyone in the office was so excited and got me in for my first prenatal check up fast. They took care of me for the first trimester. I wish he could have continued my care, but it was time to go to a ob office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He is outstanding, we felt like family while we were getting treated. I would go back if I had been younger and had the money. He was very caring and never in a hurry. Made sure we always were taken care of. His staff, took very good care of us, never made us feel like they did not care. I was relaxed the whole time and never was nervous. He has his own practice now, it is called Denver Fertility Albrecht Women’s Care. I was so upset when I found out that one of my tubes were blocked, he said, that was okay, God gave you 2! Had so much care in his heart!
Amazing!
How was your experience with Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He was very good at explaining the course of treatment, his staff well traned and compassionate. They truly care about us! I never felt like he was not giving me his full attention. He visited me at the hospital after I gave birth! I can not say enough about him. He is am outstanding fertility Doctor!❤️
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Be prepared to prepared to feel valued as a women by a Doctor that truly cares about you and what you are going though to have a baby!
Describe the protocols Bruce Albrecht used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
I was on a low dose of cholmed with, some HCG injections. IUI’s too. They monitored my cycle with blood work and ultrasounds for each cycle I was there being treated. They followed the blood work and ultrasounds very closely to know when to do the IUI’s. It work it only took 3 months!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We took a loan out to cover my care. We did not use all of it and the rest was returned to us.
Bruce Albrecht
2011
I don't really have anything bad to say about the nursing staff [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates]. My only suggestion would be that when there is bad news to share with a patient, it may be best to either have them meet in the office or make sure the phone call is made while the patient is somewhere private. I was in the middle of a store when I was told that even though I had a positive pregnancy test, my beta numbers were so low that I should prepare to miscarry. I was a crying hot mess trying to leave the store. This policy may have changed and I don't remember the name of the nurse who made the call.
2011
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I felt the clinic was very organized. When I needed assistance, I also very quickly received it.
Dr. Swanson was very thorough, kind, and made sure that all my questions were answered and that I was comfortable with each process.
I don't really have anything bad to say about the nursing staff. My only suggestion would be that when there is bad news to share with a patient, it may be best to either have them meet in the office or make sure the phone call is made while the patient is somewhere private. I was in the middle of a store when I was told that even though I had a positive pregnancy test, my beta numbers were so low that I should prepare to miscarry. I was a crying hot mess trying to leave the store. This policy may have changed and I don't remember the name of the nurse who made the call.
I have no complaints about Dr. Swanson. He was wonderful to work with. He has retired since my last visit, otherwise I would continue referring friends to him. I felt he genuinely cared about my husband and I and our outcome. Even in some of the most awkward situations (let's be honest - there's nothing fun about the envasive testing a couple goes through when determining the cause of infertility), he kept me comfortable and happy.
Be honest and fully describe all your symptoms to him. Don't hold back. As embarrassed as you might feel sharing such intimate information about your body, knowing all the details will assist Dr. Swanson, or any doctor, in properly diagnosing you.
We did 3 cycles of monitored Clomid. On cycle 2, we were going to try an IUI, but the results of my husband's SA came back low morph and low numbers and Dr. Swanson advised against it as he feared the outcome would be no different and we would be wasting money. We tried one more cycle of Clomid before moving to IVF.
Insurance covered the Clomid monitored cycles and then we were on our own. IVF was a little under $13,000, with medication, if I'm remembering correctly, and it was due before we started the IVF cycle.
We were very much warned about the high possibility of multiples when transferring two, and even the chance that one or both of the embryos could split resulting in indentical twins due to the high embryo quality. We did transfer two and it resulted in a singleton pregnancy.
Littleton
The nurses [at Conceptions] are supportive, compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are available 7 days a week and are so helpful...Staff is friendly, scheduling of procedures and labs are timely. The clinic runs very efficiently. Embryology is awesome, physician and nurses are awesome. Accupuncture is available and also done very well. I wouldn’t change a thing. It is obvious that these people know what they are doing
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Dr Bush was wonderful. He was very honest in his assessment and recommendations. He gave us hope, but not false hope. He went the extra mile to make sure testing and procedures were done well
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Cori)
The nurses are supportive, compassionate and very knowledgeable. They are available 7 days a week and are so helpful
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I felt very comfortable and confident in Dr Bush. He went the extra mile to ensure that testing and procedures were done correctly and reviewed all labs / results personally. He was always honest and candid in answering questions and making recommendations. He was always willing to explain everything. I felt that he was also always one step ahead with a plan in place if needed next. In addition, we travelled from out of state to see Dr Bush and he was willing to work with labs and Ultrasounds done locally. Thanks to Dr Bush, I have 3 beautiful children and was told previously that I likely would never be a mother.
You may have to wait a while for consult with Dr Bush (we did telephone due to distance), but it is well worth the wait.
Littleton
The only weakness was the overall first impression. The staff [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] is great but the decor is dated and doesn't reflect the "state of the art" technology they are using. Also, there were 2 employees smoking in the parking lot when I pulled up which seemed very contradictory to everything somehow... IUIs and testing were less expensive than my own doctors- IUIs were $350ish. IVF all in would be 25-35k per round
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The only weakness was the overall first impression. The staff is great but the decor is dated and doesn't reflect the "state of the art" technology they are using. Also, there were 2 employees smoking in the parking lot when I pulled up which seemed very contradictory to everything somehow
I have a lot of questions and he always takes the time to explain them thoroughly and make sure that I understand my options and the procedures and likely results of the procedures. I never felt rushed out the door
They were completely familiar with every step of the process- even the financial options. They took great care of us
Dr Greene was very familiar with my case right when I walked in- I could tell he had read it before I arrived and that was reassuring. He asked a lot of questions and gave us several options and helped us understand everything thoroughly before we parted. We never felt rushed and he answered any questions that arose after our meeting very promptly
Ask a lot of questions- he explains things well but he also doesn't mind answering anything you think of
we used 50 mg of Clomid for the first 4 IUIs and an ovulation predictor kit. For our last IUI we used a trigger shot and ultrasound to be more accurate. I was also taking herbal supplements that he recommended and prenatals to help egg health
He definitely leaned towards eSET because of their success rates and explained that unless we desperately wanted twins he would discourage multiple embryo transfers
2013 - 2018
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The nurses [at Conceptions] were amazing. I cannot express enough how compassionate and available they were. I went through several heartbreaking situations and they always had the time to speak with me, answer questions (no matter how silly or how many) and calm me down...It's a nice clinic. I always got in and out quickly for blood and never had issues with blood draws. My appointments were always quick and on time (unlike waiting at a doctors office). Any time we were at the clinic everyone was friendly. Nothing ever got screwed up from an appointment or billing standpoint. No complaints.
2013 - 2018
1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The nurses were amazing. I cannot express enough how compassionate and available they were. I went through several heartbreaking situations and they always had the time to speak with me, answer questions (no matter how silly or how many) and calm me down. Dr Bush didn't spend a lot of time meeting with or speaking with me due to the fact that after a few attempts we came to a conclusion on what we wanted to do, and he agreed, and he was always honest and friendly.
Amazing. They were everything to me in this process. I felt comfortable asking them anything and they always got back to me in a timely manner. They were always so friendly too.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I felt like he was upfront with me and discussed the options at hand. He was not pushy in any manner to say which direction we had to go. He did a great job assessing my information after egg retrieval and he did a great job with the transfer.
Ugh...I did two rounds and am not sure what the first one cost as it was in 2014. This latest round I believe was $20K
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
It is a busy clinic [Conceptions] so you will not have the personal connections you may get with a smaller clinic. But they have an excellent lab and are extremely organized. You will not wait for appointments, and will always know the next step well I advance...All the nurses are extremely caring and responsive...Their IVF cost is 19000 although since we had a failed cycle at another clinic , we were given a discount. They also accept insurance...
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
It is a busy clinic so you will not have the personal connections you may get with a smaller clinic. But they have an excellent lab and are extremely organized. You will not wait for appointments, and will always know the next step well I advance .
Doctor Bush comes off as abrupt and can speak above your head;however, he is extremely knowledgeable and seems passionate about what he does. He will do whatever he can to get you pregnant .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Evans )
All the nurses are extremely caring and responsive
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I never doubted his expertise or treatment recommendations. He is a top fertility doctor and that shows. I would recommend him and his clinic. Be prepared to not meet with him very often after the consult, but he is monitoring your progress . His treatment plan was extremely successful in my case.
He is blunt and forward , if you want things sugar coated, he may not be the doc for you. But his success speaks for itself .
Because of egg quality issues, I was placed on HGH during stimulation. I was also given a much reduced dosage of stim meds, due to my sky high estrogen levels that occurred on my last cycle. I was also put on a supplement protocol three months prior to my retrieval. My husband has mfi issues and was also put on supplements. We had excellent results with four normal embryos ready for transfer.
We were advised to do only one embryo transfer and are completely on board for a single transfer . The risks of multiples were explained. After all the time, stress, and money that has been put into my treatment, I want to mitigate as much risk as I can .
Denver
The clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was very nice and welcoming, and answered my million questions. I was never rushed or ignored...T...Very low costs - my insurance covered diagnostics. I paid for prescriptions...First Dr Ambler ordered a battery of tests for me and my husband. I was diagnosed with PCOS and type 2 diabetes. First, I had to get the diabetes under control - Dr Ambler prescribed metformin and referred me to an endocrinologist. After several months, I was able to resume treatment with Dr Ambler.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The clinic was very nice and welcoming, and answered my million questions. I was never rushed or ignored.
Dr Ambler was very kind and honest, and she led me through the process. It seemed like there was a plan, but not like I was just one of a gazillion patients.
I can't remember her name - but I didn't love the first nurse who was assigned to me. She was a little too blunt for me! I was moved to another nurse at my request, and she was great.
She was warm and answered all of our questions thoroughly - and we had a lot! She also was up to date in the latest research, and engaged with me about my own research. She delivered some difficult news with compassion and worked with me to figure out next steps.
First Dr Ambler ordered a battery of tests for me and my husband. I was diagnosed with PCOS and type 2 diabetes. First, I had to get the diabetes under control - Dr Ambler prescribed metformin and referred me to an endocrinologist. After several months, I was able to resume treatment with Dr Ambler. She prescribed femara with a trigger shot, and I also had appointments for monitoring. The first cycle did not result in pregnancy, so we decided to try again. If that cycle had not resulted in pregnancy (it did!), Dr Ambler mentioned that we would begin to consider other alternatives. Since my problem was that I was not ovulating, we would skipped IUI and probably moved to IVF.
Very low costs - my insurance covered diagnostics. I paid for prescriptions.
2009 - 2012
I think the nursing staff [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] did a good job of staying on top of the details and explaining things. Probably most importantly, any time I had questions, they were available by phone... I spent a LOT of time in their offices and they were always friendly and professional.
2009 - 2012
Overall, I really like the team. We didn't spend a ton of time with Dr. Swanson, but he was candid about our chances and the options--which I appreciate. The rest of the team was great. I spent a LOT of time in their offices and they were always friendly and professional.
There were a lot of moving pieces for each of our rounds. I think the nursing staff did a good job of staying on top of the details and explaining things. Probably most importantly, any time I had questions, they were available by phone.
When we started with Dr. Swanson, we really didn't anticipate any real issue with getting pregnant as we had gotten pregnant, naturally, within the first 2 months of trying, resulting in a healthy son. We tried for nearly a year before we got referred to Swanson and he commented that, given my age (I was then 36) I should have been in his office at 6 months. Given that we live in an area with a doctor that is widely known for his fertility expertise (Schoolcraft), once we realized we were going to have a more challenging time getting pregnant again, I did question whether we were in the right place, but I liked Dr. Swanson and, really, felt like it was going to be a numbers game, no matter where we were, so feeling comfortable with the doctor was important.
I found Dr. Swanson to be quite direct, but that was appropriate for me/us. If you enter this process already quite emotional, I think you need to give his staff that input so that he has a heads-up.
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Even the billing department [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] is amazing. I have nothing bad to say about anyone or any part of conceptions. Even the embryology department is in the loop with your transfer, and you get to meet the people that helped create your babies. Pretty incredible!...The nurses are the rock of conceptions. I have nothing but amazing things to say about them. They are nurturing and caring but help you focus and hold your head up high when you can’t.
2014 - 2018
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Even the billing department is amazing. I have nothing bad to say about anyone or any part of conceptions. Even the embryology department is in the loop with your transfer, and you get to meet the people that helped create your babies. Pretty incredible!
Dr. Bush is positive and explains in detail why he chooses the methods he does. I was better educated because of him and felt important.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
If it weren’t for Dr. Bush we would not have a family. His specific protocol with me led to a perfect little boy, and one one in the way! I’ve referred family and friends to him and they have all successfully gotten pregnant as well! I highly reccomend his practice, team, and care.
Miracles do happen, so try to keep an open mind even though it’s easier said than done.
Depot Lipton for endometriosis treatment, prednisone during first trimester, adjustment of medications when necessary, attention to how my body was reacting to drugs was also important
I loved how Dr Bush wasn’t about to transfer 3 embryos just to get higher numbers at his practice. He did one each time for us. I felt when I went to other practices they wanted the numbers and didnt care about such a high number of multiple pregnancy
Littleton
The convenient hours [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was helpful because the process takes multiple blood test to evaluate hormone levels several days a week, and timing is everything. I don't think there was any weakness in the place in my experience but we are pretty proactive in our treatment... [the nursing staff was] Very friendly and happy to see us when we came in for appointments.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The convenient hours was helpful because the process takes multiple blood test to evaluate hormone levels several days a week, and timing is everything. I don't think there was any weakness in the place in my experience but we are pretty proactive in our treatment.
IVF and fertility issues can be one of the most emotional trying life events a person can experience. We have been blessed with the most amazing creation in the world, our son. Dr. Greene is an incredible doctor with years of experience, and we appreciate the professionalism he showed us through our journey. Thank you Dr. Greene and all the staff for helping us out on our little bundle of joy.
Very friendly and happy to see us when we came in for appointments.
Years of experience, an expert in his field and down to earth man. He made a challenging experience positive and with a great outcome. I would recommend him to anyone considering fertility treatments.
Write down your questions and ask him, he knows what to do in this field .
Littleton
Sarah [nurse at Conceptions] was so warm and caring. Made me feel Comfortable...I feel the clinic could have been more helpful to explain about the fincial part how that work. Instead of keep asking if I had insurance. That’s the biggest thing because people may get some miss Communication when it’s to late...Dr.Robert Green explain to me and my husband that they are making medication that can help me with the genetic problem I have. The whole clinic and nurseing staff Makes you feel like family when you walk in. I give you that hope of heave a Miracle baby.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I felt like a human because I felt like Dr.Green understood and took the time to explain his plan with me and my family for us to have a family. Dr. Green did not just make me and my husband seem like we was just another patient in the office he made us feel like family.
Sarah was so warm and caring. Made me feel Comfortable
If you are struggling to have a child Dr. Green is the one to give you that miracle baby you are looking for he has helped many
Bloodwork ultrasound has had me take vitamin D and stay on prenatal vitamins and also take birth control pills
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
They [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] are very busy! I wish I had known more about the costs of everything. They seemed to be very upfront about IVF and IUI costs but my treatment didn’t involve either so I didn’t always know what to expect.... I had a full workup and had poor egg health and heterozygous MTHFR. She prescribed a supplement to help with egg health. I also took baby aspirin and progesterone after I ovulated. Once I became pregnant I took prednisone for the first 12 weeks
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
They are very busy! I wish I had known more about the costs of everything. They seemed to be very upfront about IVF and IUI costs but my treatment didn’t involve either so I didn’t always know what to expect.
She was very warm and kind and respectful.
Sometimes I wasn’t sure when to expect to hear back from them.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I had a great experience and had a successful pregnancy after her prescribed treatment. I felt she was very realistic in my diagnosis (she didn’t sugar coat anything) and talked about multiple plans if our first plan was unsuccessful. I felt very hopeful after meeting with her from the first visit.
Don’t expect things to be sugar coated, she gives you the truth which is sometimes hard to hear but she does it with concern and compassion.
I had a full workup and had poor egg health and heterozygous MTHFR. She prescribed a supplement to help with egg health. I also took baby aspirin and progesterone after I ovulated. Once I became pregnant I took prednisone for the first 12 weeks.
IUI, 1 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
the clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] really works to accommodate clients that live a distance away. There are other satellite clinics around the Denver area as well. But Littleton is the main hub...Everyone at Conceptions is amazing. Friendly, compassionate, professional, and caring...[Dr. O'Shaughnessy] is very knowledgeable and knew exactly The perfect course of action for my husband and I. She explained our course and our test results. She respected leaving the sex of our embryos a secret. She was genuinley excited about our successes and reassuring when we faced an obstacle.
IUI, 1 IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
It's hard to drive 3 hours for some of the appts. But the clinic really works to accommodate clients that live a distance away. There are other satellite clinics around the Denver area as well. But Littleton is the main hub.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
The clinic was awesome! Dr.O was friendly and helpful. She answered all my questions.
How was your experience with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. O is very knowledgeable and knew exactly The perfect course of action for my husband and I. She explained our course and our test results. She respected leaving the sex of our embryos a secret. She was genuinley excited about our successes and reassuring when we faced an obstacle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Have a list of questions before you go in to ask.
Describe the protocols Althea O'Shaughnessy used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
I have gone through so much, specifics have long passed out of my mind. I know a positive attitude by the couple goes a long way with the physicians protocol.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
$15,000 around the final total.
Describe Althea O'Shaughnessy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We were advised to transfer 1. The possibility if the embryo is high. She didnt want to transfer 2 at a time die to increased risks for babies and mother
Althea O'Shaughnessy
Male Factor, Other
All of the staff [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] are very knowledgeable and helpful in our difficult journey of infertility. We asked tons of questions! It was great to have less stress than what was already so much with trying to have a child....The nursing staff were very patient and helpful with all of our questions!... The total costs including egg retrieval, transfer, travel, medications, etc it was at least 40,000. We itemized our taxes that year to utilize the medical tax deduction.
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
All of the staff are very knowledgeable and helpful in our difficult journey of infertility. We asked tons of questions! It was great to have less stress than what was already so much with trying to have a child.
He answered all of our questions thoroughly. The extent of his discussions with us would not be needed if we were just another opportunity to improve their outcomes (as a number).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tanya Sarver)
The nursing staff were very patient and helpful with all of our questions!
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush was extremely knowledgeable and we had complete trust that we were receiving the best care. We needed to do a phone meeting because we lived so far away. We felt much better and hopeful after our consultations with Dr. Bush.
Our advice is learn as much as you can about infertility and ask lots of questions.
Dr. Bush described the pros and cons to eSET. His recommendation was eSET. Since we did genetic testing of the embryos, we saw little reason to transfer more than one embryo.
Littleton
Overall happy with the clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] Just not the care from my direct doctor. Multiple locations and accommodation for lunch break testing. Patient portal was a little relaxed and not enough info about test results was posted there... Never got results from hsg test. During test nurse mentioned might be a blockage on right side never mentioned again and had iui done anyway
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Overall happy with the clinic Just not the care from my direct doctor. Multiple locations and accommodation for lunch break testing. Patient portal was a little relaxed and not enough info about test results was posted there
Human- staff was friendly and spoke to me in ways I understood. After 3 iuis Dr bush didn’t offer treatment of anything else Judy went straight to ivf
Amazing women who tried to help
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Only saw him twice and the rest was all thru multiple different nursing staff. No plan adjust after 3 failed iuis Just went straight to ivf as only option. I’m young and never tried getting pregnant before seemed rushed to not try other things first
Pick a different doctor unless you want ivf
3 cycles with letrozole
Completely out of pocket
2013 - 2015
1 IUI, Egg Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
They [the nurses] were always responsive in a prompt timeframe. They knew my medical history and were very knowledgable about my situation - and if they weren't, they would figure it out and get back to me.
2013 - 2015
1 IUI, Egg Freezing, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Dr Ambler always was on top of onowing my medical history and situation. She took her time to talk through things with us and would offer time to talk on the phone or in person if we needed additional info from her. She was very down to earth and we felt very comfortable and trusting of her from the 1st appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tasha and Veronica)
They were always responsive in a prompt timeframe. They knew my medical history and were very knowledgable about my situation - and if they weren't, they would figure it out and get back to me.
I completely trusted dr ambler and felt like I was in good hands before I knew the outcome of IVF. She also did a septum surgery on me (after two with another RE) and did a phenomenal job.
Be prepared for her to be candid. She is down to earth. If you have other health issues, I think she will be open to hearing these and helping to determine how these may or may not affect your fertility.
2012 - 2014
IVF, Surrogacy
The clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was nicely decorated and the staff was friendly.... The information we received from the doctor was different from what the nursing staff and ultrasound tech gave... We saw doctor Bush in 2012 and 2014,he was way more compassionate and helpful in 2012 then he was in 2014. He treated us like he didn't want to bother with us even though circumstances changed. The first few times we met him in 2012 we really like him but in 2014 when we questioned some things he acted very arrogant and basically said he knows best. We opted not to continue with his clinic.
2012 - 2014
IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The clinic was nicely decorated and the staff was friendly.
We saw Dr Bush in 2012 and he did an office hysteroscopy when I was barely having a period and he basically referred us to gestational carrier agencies then. We saw him again in August 2014 when my periods had completely normalized and I had recently miscarried. He would not agree to do anything to help us and was extremely arrogant and rude. We then went to a different clinic and I would have been able to carry had my uterus not scared up again.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
If you are looking for bed side manner he might not be your best choice.
Lafayette
Communication sometimes lacked. The Dr. And nurses were helpful.the billing department was hard to deal with at times. They [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] seemed to have trouble communicating with my obgyn when it came to getting all my test results from my obgyn...She [nurse] was wonderful never seemed bothered no matter how many times I had called with questions... We had a lot of questions and she [Dr. Ambler] always answered them and gave some much information. She was kind understanding compassionate
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Communication sometimes lacked. The Dr. And nurses were helpful.the billing department was hard to deal with at times. They seemed to have trouble communicating with my obgyn when it came to getting all my test results from my obgyn
It was great care we received
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Channing)
She was wonderful never seemed bothered no matter how many times I had called with questions
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Great at helping us understand out treatment plan. Also answering all our question that we had. We had a lot of questions and she always answered them and gave some much information. She was kind understanding compassionate
If you don't understand something then say so
I don't remember all of it but we had just done all the testing that they asked to be done
$20000
No they suggested no more than 2
Littleton
The nurses [at Conceptions] and Dr. Ambler remembered us, were kind, reassured us when necessary, and gave us hope after our miscarriage. [Our nurse] always returned my phone call, answered questions, was very knowledgeable, and super friendly.
The nurses and Dr. Ambler remembered us, were kind, reassured us when necessary, and gave us hope after our miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
She always returned my phone call, answered questions, was very knowledgeable, and super friendly.
When I first came to Dr. Ambler, I was coming from another clinic that wasted our time. She was thorough, listened to our concerns, and answered our questions. She was blunt but compassionate. She also reacted perfectly when we had a miscarriage and walked us through our next treatment. While we didn't see her at every visit, she was always available.
Be prepared to hear the truth. She doesn't sugar coat your diagnosis, but I do think she delivers her message in a compassionate manner.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
She [my nurse] was amazing - spent time talking with me, explaining things, and comforting me.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
He spent time discussing the process and our options and results. He joked with us and I felt comfortable with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
She was amazing - spent time talking with me, explaining things, and comforting me
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
No complaints. I liked him best if all doctors I saw
Ask questions and he will give honest answers
Started suppression with bc. First time I was over-suppresswd so second time we used the nova ring. I went through injections menopur, follostim, gonal-f and we made it to retrieval