Genetic counseling: Offered
Lone Tree
10107 RidgeGate Parkway #300
Lone Tree, CO 80124
303-586-6598
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Conceptions Reproductive Associates to a friend?

[Dr. O’Shaughnessy] didn't listen to our questions or concerns and rather lectured us on how it would/should be... Her answers were all along the line of "don't worry, it will work!" Well, it didn't and not only were we devastated, we didn't know what was next...I mentioned to her that a procedure I had just had was terribly painful and maybe they should look at options to make patients more comfortable. Her response was that there was nothing they could do... She made condescending remarks to my husband and myself after we had asked her to clarify dosing protocols since she wasn't making any sense.
Often, they [nurses at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] are not well educated on your case and sometimes they even forget about you...There is no follow up from the staff after procedures to see how you are doing (retrievals, etc.) - It is difficult to actually reach your nurse as all instructions say to call the nurse line but the automated message says they'll return your message in 24-48 hours...I also struggled to get clear documentation of what we paid for from the billing department. On top of that, the billing team can't answer medical questions and the nurses/doctors won't answer billing questions so you're stuck without a knowledgable resource.
How was your experience with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Hands down, the most insane moment we had with Dr. O'Shaughnessy was when she flat out refused to answer my question of "if this transfer doesn't work, what is the next course of action?" I asked three times and by the third, it got awkward and I finally let it go. Her answers were all along the line of "don't worry, it will work!" Well, it didn't and not only were we devastated, we didn't know what was next. Another time, I mentioned to her that a procedure I had just had was terribly painful and maybe they should look at options to make patients more comfortable. Her response was that there was nothing they could do. Upon switching physicians at the same clinic, I learned there was a LOT they could do to make it a more pleasant experience and, frankly, it was for me when I had to have the procedure again. We only met with her twice during the entire treatment plan. Both times, we found ourselves apologizing for taking up her time as she seemed annoyed that we were in her office. Only after did we realized how messed up that is! Lastly, I've read feedback that she is condescending to her patients and I would 100% agree with that. She made condescending remarks to my husband and myself after we had asked her to clarify dosing protocols since she wasn't making any sense.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Don't be a patient of hers! This process is too expensive, stressful and demanding to be seen by a bad doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
One of the biggest concerns I had with Dr. O'Shaughnessy was that she didn't listen to our questions or concerns and rather lectured us on how it would/should be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika)
My nurse, Erika, was great. However, my biggest concerns are with the nursing staff as a whole. Frankly, I don't know who runs that team but they do a TERRIBLE job. Honestly, I haven't been able to figure out if the nurses are incompetent or if the practice management is to blame and the nurses are working for a broken system. A few highlights: - When your nurse is out of town you're handed off to the nurse on-call for that day. Often, they are not well educated on your case and sometimes they even forget about you. - There is no follow up from the staff after procedures to see how you are doing (retrievals, etc.) - It is difficult to actually reach your nurse as all instructions say to call the nurse line but the automated message says they'll return your message in 24-48 hours. - Drug protocol worksheets were the most confusing things I've ever seen in my life. Hands down. - Welcome packets were confusing, duplicative and generic (with lots of typos). - Handoffs from one nursing team to the next as you advanced through the process was awful. I, for one, was forgotten about. Simply put, while the staff at Conceptions is very nice, the process is so complicated and disorganized that it far outshines any other positive experience you may have.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
As I mentioned earlier, the management in charge of this clinic are absolutely terrible. Not only is the nursing staff in disarray, but there is very little cross-departmental knowledge between nursing and billing and the marketing team is tone deaf. For example, EVERY TIME I walked into their office, I was reminded of their success rate statistics. This included when I was meeting to discuss transfer protocols and even during a class where we learned how to inject medication. I was already a paying patient and I was still getting sold! Also, they have newspaper clips all around their offices but what most people don't realize is that those are paid ads, not editorial coverage. How pathetic. I also struggled to get clear documentation of what we paid for from the billing department. On top of that, the billing team can't answer medical questions and the nurses/doctors won't answer billing questions so you're stuck without a knowledgable resource.
Describe Althea O'Shaughnessy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Dr. O recommended a single transfer for me based on my size and that it was our first transfer. There was no reason to doubt this course of action and we were in full support/alignment.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
[Dr. O'Shaughnessy] is wonderful with providing the hard facts but still making you feel like she cares. She has been so patient with my husband and I and the long list of questions we've had at every visit. At times when I've been upset, she has shown compassion. And at times when we've needed it, she hasn't sugar coated the details. I've always felt like I was in expert hands at each visit. And at every visit, she always makes sure I have her contact information and take a business card, just in case we have more questions or need anything. Are there maybe more personable Doctors out there, I'm sure there are. But she is a great balance and I respect that about her and would recommend her to anyone.
I never felt like a number [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates], always a patient that mattered to each and every person...Receptionists have been great, nurses have been great. There have been a few moments where I had additional questions that I felt like I should have been given the information on, but upon asking the question- i received the answer...they do not rush you into making a decision as I've experienced elsewhere. They give you the information and make sure you follow a process. Their pre-IVF class is fantastic in making sure you understand each and every step of the process and know what you are walking into. The fact that it is mandatory makes me trust them even more and know that they aren't in it for the money, they are in it to change lives and build families in the best way they can!
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. O is wonderful with providing the hard facts but still making you feel like she cares. She has been so patient with my husband and I and the long list of questions we've had at every visit. At times when I've been upset, she has shown compassion. And at times when we've needed it, she hasn't sugar coated the details. I've always felt like I was in expert hands at each visit. And at every visit, she always makes sure I have her contact information and take a business card, just in case we have more questions or need anything. Are there maybe more personable Doctors out there, I'm sure there are. But she is a great balance and I respect that about her and would recommend her to anyone.
Don't expect bubbly, sugar coated. Expect the facts, expect to be told the truth, and know that there will still be compassion when necessary. Ask any and all questions that come to mind, she will answer them thoroughly.
Dr. O has always made me feel like I got an honest, expert opinion every time I've seen her. She has informed my husband and I of the facts and made sure we left with all the information and all questions answered (and boy, did we have alot!). While she is a straight shooter, she also is compassionate. Upon finding out an existing endometrioma had tripled in size via ultrasound, I immediately started crying and she didn't let me leave the room without a big hug and reassurance that it didn't mean the end of anything. I felt cared for, informed, and confident that day and every visit since!
Describe the protocols Althea O'Shaughnessy used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
I am just at the beginning of our protocol (stims starts this week), but was told that we are approaching my protocol strong due to my age and endometriosis. I am on an Antagonist protocol which unfortunately, i don't understand but intend to ask my nurse tomorrow. Since being told this is our protocol, I have not seen Dr. O so I haven't not had the opportunity to understand the rationale, nor do i know the potential results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Dole)
At this point in my protocol, I have had more contact with my initial care coordinator than my primary IVF nurse. My initial care coordinator was difficult to get a hold of and i received responses sometimes 3-5 days after initial contact. I have had one phone call with my primary IVF nurse thus far. Her responsiveness to emails have been good, sometimes slightly delayed, but I have always gotten the answers I needed. So far she is great and time will tell as I get into stims. Everyone else I have dealt with has been lovely as well.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Conceptions has been a truly positive experience thus far, especially compared to a past clinic that we never moved forward with. I trust everyone that I have worked with and spoken to. I never felt like a number, always a patient that mattered to each and every person. I also have entered this process very realistically and know that no one is perfect. Receptionists have been great, nurses have been great. There have been a few moments where I had additional questions that I felt like I should have been given the information on, but upon asking the question- i received the answer. At the same time, they do not rush you into making a decision as I've experienced elsewhere. They give you the information and make sure you follow a process. Their pre-IVF class is fantastic in making sure you understand each and every step of the process and know what you are walking into. The fact that it is mandatory makes me trust them even more and know that they aren't in it for the money, they are in it to change lives and build families in the best way they can!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Althea O'Shaughnessy at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Thus far, we are expecting a total of just over $18,000 for our Conceptions care, plus medication.
Dr. O has communicated that due to my age, she only recommends single embryo transfer due to the impending risks of multiples. She explained the potential risks of 2 babies as well as the extreme risk of transferring 2 embryos and should those embryos split. My husband and I trust her opinion and expertise and will absolutely follow her recommendations.

7 Eggs Frozen
You should expect to be someone who has a basic knowledge of the egg freezing process as she [Dr. O'Shaughnessy] does not give an introductory overview of how your body functions and what the full process is like. Expect to be the one who initiates the questions to fully understand everything. ... Shew as very frank and forthcoming with me, and she took the time to see me when I didn't have an appointment. .... I would have liked to see her more before and during my treatment just to have her check in with me and reassure me on any of my hesitations or concerns.
Everyone [Conceptions Repro Assoc] was very friendly and warm. It seemed like most staff there knew and understood what you were going through. I would have liked a bit more explanation and communication from staff though so I knew exactly what to expect at every stage.... even as small as checking in upstairs for ultrasounds and downstairs for blood work. ... They also offered me a discount with my second round of egg freezing, and ordered my drugs from a different pharmacy that was providing the lowest costs.
7 Eggs Frozen
I would have liked to see her more before and during my treatment just to have her check in with me and reassure me on any of my hesitations or concerns. I spoke directly with the nurses who were the middlemen for any questions I had.
You should expect to be someone who has a basic knowledge of the egg freezing process as she does not give an introductory overview of how your body functions and what the full process is like. Expect to be the one who initiates the questions to fully understand everything.
I am currently in my second round of egg freezing and the doctor recommended I do a short stint of estrogen before my cycle started. She wanted to try a new approach to get me to produce more eggs. It seems to be working so far as I am producing more eggs this round than my first round.
The nursing staff was wonderful. They answered all my questions and called me every day to give me instructions. The were able to calm my nerves and reassure me. As I am in my second round, the nurses have been more forthcoming with information regarding my progress (I.e. egg count, egg size, etc.), and I would have preferred to have had this information during my first round.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Everyone was very friendly and warm. It seemed like most staff there knew and understood what you were going through. I would have liked a bit more explanation and communication from staff though so I knew exactly what to expect at every stage.... even as small as checking in upstairs for ultrasounds and downstairs for blood work.
I only compared the costs of Conceptions with one other clinic and Conceptions was less expensive. They also offered me a discount with my second round of egg freezing, and ordered my drugs from a different pharmacy that was providing the lowest costs.
My doctor stressed to me the importance of doing a single embryo transfer as opposed to a multiple embryo transfer. I asked if it was still possible to do a multiple embryo transfer, and she responded that they really only encourage a single embryo transfer. When and if the time comes for me to do an embryo transfer, I believe I will request a multiple embryo transfer.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Greene is energetic, knowledgeable and supportive. He tells silly jokes and creates a more relaxed space even when there is tension. I appreciated that he responds directly to emails. Unfortunately after two frozen embryo transfers, we have not received the outcome we were hoping for under our care with Dr. Greene. I do not believe that. Dr. Greene is at fault for either loses.
We received a change in protocol [from Conceptions], but only through voicemail. I strongly believe that if there is a change in protocol there needs to be voice recognition of that change. Because of a problem with my phone, I did not receive the protocol change until a week later. I wish there had been more attempts to contact me through email, phone or text and a requirement that they received a confirmation from the patient that protocol needs to be changed.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Come with all of your questions!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Our consultation meeting was genuine and supportive. He has also responded to direct emails.
Describe the protocols Robert Greene used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
Before each transfer I had pylops removed by Dr. Greene. Frozen Embryo transfers with Lupron, HCG, estrodial, progesterone in oil. In my most recent FET I was put on Metformin.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Tanya Sarver)
Tanya is wonderful. She responded quickly to emails or phone calls.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The Conceptions offices were very quiet which tended to support the anxiety I was experiencing while returning to the clinic after the death of our son at 38 weeks. The front desk typically smiled and had offers of water, coffee and a few snacks. The office is newly renovated and clean.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We paid about $4000 for each Frozen Embryo Transfer. We separately paid for acupuncture.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We received a change in protocol, but only through voicemail. I strongly believe that if there is a change in protocol there needs to be voice recognition of that change. Because of a problem with my phone, I did not receive the protocol change until a week later. I wish there had been more attempts to contact me through email, phone or text and a requirement that they received a confirmation from the patient that protocol needs to be changed.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Greene at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

Dr. Bush did not bring up my weight ONCE during my journey with him. He treated me like a human with a legitimate medical issue causing infertility. He started me on the IVF process immediately after initial testing. After FIVE years of trying to get other infertility offices to help me I got pregnant after my first run of IVF with Dr. Bush.... Dr Bush did more detailed testing of my hormone levels than any other infertility Dr did. I have PCOS so weekly testing of my hormone levels was necessary which no other Dr's did.
They [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] were quick to respond to emails, and I prefer to communicate through email. Their phone response time is terrible. Multiple nurses told me to not even bother calling the nurse line. They should have someone assigned to get these calls to the appropriate place within the same day.... The billing department was very good about working with my insurance and making sure I was fully aware of any co-pays before they were due.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I cannot express enough how different Conceptions was different to every other fertility doctor I have gone to. I have long been diagnosed as having PCOS. The doctors at other Denver infertility offices (like CCRM) stated my infertility issues were caused by weight and refused to administer any IVF medication. ( I weighed 177 lbs.) Dr. Bush did not bring up my weight ONCE during my journey with him. He treated me like a human with a legitimate medical issue causing infertility. He started me on the IVF process immediately after initial testing. After FIVE years of trying to get other infertility offices to help me I got pregnant after my first run of IVF with Dr. Bush. My baby is due in August of this year and I will always be grateful to Dr. Bush and the entire Conceptions staff.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Trust Dr. Bush and his staff. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Be patient. IVF can be a long process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Describe the protocols Mark Bush used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
Dr Bush went straight to IVF which was refreshing because other Denver infertility offices (Albrecht Women's Care). Made me do three IUI attempts and refused to do IVF on me which was a huge waste of money. Dr Bush did more detailed testing of my hormone levels than any other infertility Dr did. I have PCOS so weekly testing of my hormone levels was necessary which no other Dr's did. I never made near enough Progesterone on my own, even after becoming pregnant, so Dr Bush had me take Progesterone injections until my fourth month of pregnancy when the placenta finally starting making enough Progesterone to keep the pregnancy. I'm confident that with any other Dr I would have lost the pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jessica Rico and Veronica Morris)
Veronica Morris was my pre egg retrieval nurse. Jessica Rico was my post egg retrieval nurse. Jessica was so kind and showed such excitement for me every time I succeeded in a part of the IVF. She was a very good communicator, and made herself very available. Veronica was also nice, but sometimes my husband and I felt like she was annoyed with our questions.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
They were quick to respond to emails, and I prefer to communicate through email. Their phone response time is terrible. Multiple nurses told me to not even bother calling the nurse line. They should have someone assigned to get these calls to the appropriate place within the same day. The staff is so friendly when you are in the office and make you feel like they really care.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The ultrasound technician at the Sky Ridge location was one of my favorite people to visit during the process. She was so sweet and knowledgeable. The ultrasounds were quick and painless. I even got to do my first pregnancy ultrasound at their offices. Their ultrasound machines were top of the line and showed amazing detail.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Describe Mark Bush's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
My insurance would only pay for IVF if I did a single transfer so I never had to have the multiples conversation with Dr Bush.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. O [O'Shaughnessy] is very smart and that is apparent in the initial meeting with her. She has a lot of experience in her field. My husband and I appreciate this aspect of her and that she gives you information bluntly and will answer all your questions. The reason for my negative ranking is as follows: She is very opinionated, knows what she is thinks is best and wants to stick to that plan only. Some examples of scenarios where we disagreed and we were met with opposition are the following.
I love that if you call this clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] (the Denver office) someone answers the phone and there is no automated messaging! It is so nice and refreshing. The facilities (Denver and Littleton) were both very nice and clean. My biggest frustrations had to do with the billing office. There was a scenario where they overcharged me for a HSG by $560 after months of waiting on the bill from my insurance.... My assigned nurse was very nice and seemed very organized. My main issues with the nursing staff came from when my nurse
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. O is very smart and that is apparent in the initial meeting with her. She has a lot of experience in her field. My husband and I appreciate this aspect of her and that she gives you information bluntly and will answer all your questions. The reason for my negative ranking is as follows: She is very opinionated, knows what she is thinks is best and wants to stick to that plan only. Some examples of scenarios where we disagreed and we were met with opposition are the following. 1. We denied karyotype genetic testing during our initial testing because as believers in Jesus we would not change our plans to try to conceive naturally or transfer an embryo based on a positive result of having a higher chance of having a child with multiple sclerosis, cystic fibrosis, or other perceived "genetic abnormalities" (Dr. O was very aggressive in pushing back and challenging this decision and that there are options to test embryos so that we wouldn't have a child with CF - which entails testing an embryo and then throwing it away if it is positive with one of the "genetic abnormalities" 2. Similar to #1 we do not want to do PGS testing in a potential IVF round for similar reasons that relate to our strong beliefs about the value of life and Dr. O's views on this are very apparent from the beginning (She wants to create and transfer ONE genetically perfect embryo for highest chances of success) 3. She is very strict about only doing a frozen transfer and only transferring one embryo at a time (we would prefer to transfer 2 embryos at a time due to the desire to not do PGS testing and we do understand that there is a high likelihood that 50% of embryos will be abnormal and either miscarry or not implant altogether but we are committed to transferring all potential embryos at some point in our life). I mainly feel that my personal faith based beliefs are not respected by Dr. O. I do understand she has gone through a lot of education and is aware of all the statistics and best practices but as Christians I care about more than just the "best practice" and want to move forward in a way that honors what I know is true about the value and gift of life. I don't mind that she presents all the facts but I do wish we were treated differently with regards to our views. For all these reasons, I would caution my best friend of going to Dr. O due to her aggressive, and sometimes hostile nature, regarding anything that does not align with the "medical best practices" of genetic testing and selective embryo transfers. As previously mentioned, there was some confusion around if I was truly diagnosed with PCOS or not and I dot not understand why she wasn't blunt about this from the beginning like she is with all of her other information that she delivers.
Be prepared with a list of questions to ask her and be well researched. She really appreciated that I knew the language and had done preliminary research on testing and treatments. When she walks you through an IUI or IVF process she talks quickly and matter of factually so you could get lost in all the details if you haven't at least read about it or discussed it with someone before. Also you can be blunt back to her and hold your ground if you have strong opinion or convictions about any part of this process. I strongly recommend researching the moral and ethical implications that accompany certain fertility treatments so that you know what you are agreeing to.
Dr. O read our chart and knew our specific information, stats, etc., however, she was very concerned with best medical practice and putting us into a treatment routine. We fell outside the norm due to our convictions as Christians and we were challenged regularly such as genetic testing. In addition, there was a lack of directness about diagnosing me with PCOS. The first meeting after our testing she said I had similarities but not a diagnosis then later on the nurse told me I had PCOS. During our last meeting, I asked her pointedly and she finally confirmed that I did in fact have PCOS after skirting around the topic slightly.
My husband's SA came back with low morphology at 1% (everything else was great!) and he started using Theralogix's conception XR as prescribed. Dr. O recommended using Letrozole instead of Clomid for medicated IUIs because I have a high resting follicle count (later officially diagnosed as PCOS) and they believed I would easily hyper stimulate. IUI Cycle #1: 5 mg of Letrozole (or Femara), CD 12 sonogram - L ovary: 18 mm R ovary: 18 mm, triggered at 9:30 pm, IUI 36 hours later on CD 14, sperm (post wash): 34.7 million, motility 89%, prometrium CD 16 through pregnancy test 14 days post IUI. Negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle #2: 5 mg of Letrozole (or Femara) CD 12 sonogram - L ovary: 16 mm, 15 mm. 12 mm R ovary: 22 mm, triggered at 9:30 pm, IUI 36 hours later on CD 14, sperm (post wash): 18.4 million, motility 88%, prometrium CD 16 through pregnancy test 14 days post IUI. Negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle #3: 5 mg of Letrozole (or Femara) CD 11 sonogram - L ovary: 17 mm, 12 mm R ovary: 19 mm, 15mm and 13 mm triggered at 9:30 pm on CD12, IUI 36 hours later on CD 14, sperm (post wash): 25.8 million, motility 92%, prometrium CD 16 through pregnancy test 14 days post IUI. Negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelsey)
My assigned nurse was very nice and seemed very organized. My main issues with the nursing staff came from when my nurse (who works PT) was out of the office and I worked with Channing. She is very nice but not very organized. With my 1st IUI, Kelsey had preliminary told me that she would trigger me the day of my ultrasound if I had a follicle at 20 mm but she was out of the office the day of this ultrasound and Channing recommended I trigger that evening with two 18 mm follicles. In addition, my lining was slightly thin and no one mentioned this until after the cycle. After a failed 1st IUI, Kelsey said she would have done a few things differently and would have triggered me one day later and potentially put me on estrace to thicken my lining. Every cycle is so differnt so the next cycle I was put on estrace the day of my ultrasound but I had one follicle at 22 mm and my acupuncturist immediately thought that I should have done an IUI within 12-24 hours because I probably ovulated sooner, which was apparent because my pregnancy test date was 13 days post IUI. There were a few times I needed something and Kelsey was out of the office (she is PT) and Channing was supposed to call me back and either didn't or would at the very end of the day. I just felt like I was getting conflicting answers from the nurses or if Kelsey was out then I wasn't a priority to the other nurses. They are all very nice in conversation. There were several times where I took notes and had to remind them of certain things (like re-testing my husband's semen and vitamin D after taking supplements). It just felt like they weren't as detail oriented and these tests are expensive and very important to patients even if it is not IVF.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I love that if you call this clinic (the Denver office) someone answers the phone and there is no automated messaging! It is so nice and refreshing. The facilities (Denver and Littleton) were both very nice and clean. My biggest frustrations had to do with the billing office. There was a scenario where they overcharged me for a HSG by $560 after months of waiting on the bill from my insurance. I wasn't able to make a new cycle appointment unless it was paid which I did reluctantly even though I told them I could see on my insurance side that I owed less than what they stated. After I sent my EOB after our phone call, I was told I had a credit on my account and I could either wait for the statement to cut once that month and get a check or use to pay future bills. I also just had a really hard time following their billing statements and the personnel I spoke with were often sassy or annoyed with me.
Initial fertility testing (with some insurance coverage): $1,100 Each IUI cycle: CD1-3 ultrasound and bloodwork (out of pocket): $402.16 Letrozole: $10 (with Good RX coupon) CD12 ultrasound (out of pocket): $167.20 Trigger shot: $92 (Mandell's specialty pharmacy) IUI (out of pocket): $353.76 Prometrium: $30ish (With Good RX coupon)
I have not decided yet if we will move forward with IVF at this clinic or at all, however, see previous comments regarding initial discussions regarding genetic testing and selective embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I think I have previously mentioned the more severe issues that I experienced at this clinic.

2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Other
I had 2 rounds of treatment, after the first round we discovered an egg health issue that we did not know about previous to having embryos PGS tested. ... He [Dr. Greene] was always willing to cover treatment options and plans in as much detail as we wanted. He also provided material on extra supplements and research that has been show to help with fertility. He never had me do something in my treatment without providing an explanation about why I was doing it. ...
Conceptions [Repro Assoc] was all very organized and always running on time which is nice when you go to so many appointments. ... I liked that there was more than one clinic and I could go to whichever one was most convenient for all the testing. The staff was also very friendly. ...The clinic recommends eSET because of all of the testing done on the embryo and uterus before hand the live birth rate is very high and the goal is for a healthy baby and a single embryo transfer has a higher chance of a healthy live birth.
2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Poor Egg Quality, Other
Doctor Greene was amazing. He was always willing to cover treatment options and plans in as much detail as we wanted. He also provided material on extra supplements and research that has been show to help with fertility. He never had me do something in my treatment without providing an explanation about why I was doing it.
Come prepared with questions and feel free to ask them.
Dr Greene was very thorough in answering questions and explaining all steps of all processes to us. He was understanding when things didn't go the way we wanted them to and was sympathetic to that and was able to provide explanations. I really like his willingness to answer questions and to be available to answer questions outside of consultations.
I had 2 rounds of treatment, after the first round we discovered an egg health issue that we did not know about previous to having embryos PGS tested. The first round did not include any extra medications, They retrieved 18 eggs, 13 were mature, 12 were fertilized. Only 3 made it to day 5 (previously unknown egg quality issue) and 3 were sent for PGS testing, 1 was deemed "normal" Grade AB. The second round of IVF protocol was similar with the addition of Omnitrope. They retrieved 13 eggs, 9 were mature, 8 were fertilized, 4 made it to day 5 and were frozen and sent for PGS testing, 3 came back "normal".
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
The nurse was quick to respond and very good at setting expectations.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I liked that there was more than one clinic and I could go to whichever one was most convenient for all the testing. The staff was also very friendly. Conceptions was all very organized and always running on time which is nice when you go to so many appointments.
We have insurance coverage and paid around $20,000 for all testing and procedures.
Describe Robert Greene's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The clinic recommends eSET because of all of the testing done on the embryo and uterus before hand the live birth rate is very high and the goal is for a healthy baby and a single embryo transfer has a higher chance of a healthy live birth. But they have it as an open topic of discussion.

1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
I have a rare medical condition that could be complicated if I was to provide my own eggs or become pregnant. While the complication was not a guarantee, the risk was too great, so we decided to move forward using an egg donor and gestational carrier. Dr. Grindler was very understanding and felt that I was no different than an intended parent who was infertile. We were turned away from other clinics, so it was nice to be treated with respect and understanding.
The only problem we had [with Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was with billing. We were able to get things straightened out in the end. Keeping records of everything helps!...$38,000 included egg retrieval, their own anonymous egg donor fee, IVF, and FET...we LOVE the nursing staff and doctor. Our gestational carrier even loves the office!...Dr. Grindler was very understanding and felt that I was no different than an intended parent who was infertile.
1 IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Grindler is a very compassionate person. While I am not infertile, I have a rare medical condition that could be exacerbated by pregnancy and possibly result in major surgery post pregnancy. I was turned away from a clinic since I was not infertile. Dr. Grindler treated me no different and explained that her goal is to help every family that wants a baby to have one. She was very clear when outlining the process and made herself available if we had any questions. As of now, she has helped us to create 7 exceptional frozen embryos. Her plan for the egg donor - amounts of medications, timing, etc -was phenomenal, resulting in 7 frozen genetically exceptional embryos. We couldn't be more thrilled!! Our gestational carrier will soon be starting medications for the FET, and we can't wait!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Don't hesitate to ask any questions. She is more than happy to answer!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Describe the protocols Natalia Grindler used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
We don't know the exact treatment strategies as of now since she has only worked with our anonymous egg donor. Thus, we were not informed of any of the specifics of the treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Christina, Tasha, and Cori)
The nursing staff is AMAZING. Christina, Tasha, and Cori have been a god send. They are so organized and on top of everything. They respond in a timely manner and genuinely care about you. I couldn't have asked for a better nursing staff!!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We love everything about this clinic except for billing. We have run into issues with them. We recommend that you keep records of everything, ask lots of questions, and keep all of the emails!!! Please note that we LOVE the nursing staff and doctor. Our gestational carrier even loves the office!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
The only problem we had was with billing. We were able to get things straightened out in the end. Keeping records of everything helps!
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Natalia Grindler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

After my canceled cycle, [Dr. Althea O'Shaughnessy] basically did not have any alternative protocols to try, and wanted me to go directly to donor egg...The doctor did not seem to know me personally or to create an individualized protocol for me. Instead, I felt that I was treated like a number, and that the doctor expected me to have the same results as someone without DOR, when I now understand that she should have been aiming for very different results.
Strengths [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] : Compassionate, knowledgeable nurses. Appointments easy to make, usually did not have to wait long (except to see doctor). Weaknesses: Communication; organization; did not like that finances were kept mostly secret, you had to leave a message with their business office and likely wouldn't hear back for a day; costs were communicated verbally, not in writing. They tried to charge me a $3,500 cycle cancellation fee when my cycle was canceled after 5 days of stimulation. I disputed this, and they only charged me for services used ($1,500, plus the $1k coordination fee). This seems like a very high cancellation fee.
I only met with the doctor during my initial consultation and then during my re-group after the canceled cycle. Every other appointment and call was with a nurse. Several times, I asked to speak with the doctor about her instructions, and instead received communications back from the nurse who said she had spoken with the doctor. Dr. O put me on a priming protocol that was questionable for someone with DOR (estrogen and birth control). I only had 2 follices during my AFC, and was put on a maximum (very expensive) dose of medications (450 follistim/150 menopur/.7 cc omnitrope). Even though I started with only 2 follicles, my cycle was canceled 5 days later due to not growing more than 2. This did not make sense to me, and wasted thousands of dollars on medications. After my canceled cycle, Dr. O basically did not have any alternative protocols to try, and wanted me to go directly to donor egg. I have since received second opinions that this suggestion makes no sense, given my relatively young age and the fact that someone with DOR should not be expected to produce a lot of eggs in the first place.
If you are in Denver, it is worth spending a bit more money to go to CCRM.
Primed with estrace for 7 days , starting 7 DPO. Birth control pill for 5 days to delay start of stimulation medications. 450 iu follistim, 150 iu menopur, and .7 cc omnitrop for 4 days; increased to 300 iu menopur on 5th day. Canceled after that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Evans)
Sarah was great! She showed great compassion and always responded to my questions. My only complaints have to do with weekends/scheduled days off. My first monitoring appointment was on a Saturday. I was told I would get a call with medication instructions by that afternoon, but didn't receive it. I finally called the after-hours number, and got a response from the on-call nurse a few hours later that I didn't need to adjust anything. She did not provide me any details on how my follicles or labs were looking. This seemed very disorganized. I also did not like that every assigned nurse is out of the office one weekday per week (plus weekends), so on those days my questions would not be answered until the next day. I'm not sure why the nurses do not work 5 days per week.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Strengths: Compassionate, knowledgeable nurses. Appointments easy to make, usually did not have to wait long (except to see doctor). Weaknesses: Communication; organization; did not like that finances were kept mostly secret, you had to leave a message with their business office and likely wouldn't hear back for a day; costs were communicated verbally, not in writing. They tried to charge me a $3,500 cycle cancellation fee when my cycle was canceled after 5 days of stimulation. I disputed this, and they only charged me for services used ($1,500, plus the $1k coordination fee). This seems like a very high cancellation fee.
Initial consult: $325 IVF coordination of care: $986 IVF with ICSI and PGS testing, including 1 FET: $17,354 (most of this was refunded due to canceled cycle) PGS for greater than 8 embryos: $250/extra embryo (did not actually incur this) Anesthesia: $400 (did not actually incur this) Mock transfer/hysteroscopy/doppler: $870 (did not actually incur this) Subsequent transfer: $5,100 (did not actually incur this) Additional rounds of IVF: $9,895 (including ICSI & PGS, but not transfer) (did not actually incur this) Drugs (paid to MDR pharmacy): $6,378.76 (this did not include all drugs, but cylce was canceled before ordering all) Cycle cancellation fee: $3,350 (did not actually incur this; instead, paid $1,475 for services rendered)
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Results were not conveyed on first day of monitoring; had to call on-call nurse; call not returned for several hours, and information provided was incomplete.
Denver

I had a very bad experience at this location [Conceptions-Denver], but a great experience at Littleton and Lafayette. I was treated poorly from the front desk, to the nursing team to the doctor. The ultrasound tech would not allow me to look at my images when I was potentially having a miscarriage, the doctor laughed at me when I said I didn't want to stop meds and lose my pregnancy and just told me to go forward with IVF without any explanation as to why.
I had a very bad experience with Dr. O'Shaughnessy. I came to the clinic and opted to go to the Rose office for a quicker visit to see the doctor versus waiting for the clinic closer to me and another doctor. On our first visit, we were explained that we would have a lot of testing and come back to regroup with her. We had ultrasound, labs and a semen analysis. When we met with her to regroup, we were told "everything looks fine" and that my resting follicle count was over 20. Come to find out from seeing another doctor, all of this information was false, there was in fact something very wrong and my resting follicle wound was 7, not over 20. We did two IUI's with Dr. O'Shaughnessy and should have never even attempted this due to my lab results showing I have premature ovarian failure. I feel as though we were treated as a number, she was not compassionate and didn't care about her patients. I came in to my second followup after a miscarriage after an IUI and was absolutely hysterical and she just stared at me and got very angry when I asked for an ultrasound. It was overall a horrible experience and I do not recommend this doctor to anyone.
Don't see her unless you enjoy being treated poorly and essentially laughed at. There was no compassion when I was upset over a pregnancy loss, no explanation or further attempt, I felt as though she was simply after my money. Go see another doctor in her practice.
Dr. O'Shaughnessy treated my husband and I like a number. Our labs were never gone over with us thoroughly, we were never explained what was happening or what was going to happen in the future. She would throw her hands up, raise her eyebrows and said "I just don't know" every visit.
Two IUI's, one with Letrozole which resulted in a chemical pregnancy and another IUI with follistim which was negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Liz D)
Liz D was a wonderful nurse. Unfortunately during the middle of my IUI cycle, she was let go and nobody called me to let me know. I called the office asking for my results and was told she no longer worked there as of today. My care was sent to a different office to the "monitoring nurses" which was a complete nightmare all together.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I would highly recommend visiting the Littleton or Lafayette office. The rose office did not treat me as I thought I should have been treated, from the front desk to the doctor, I was handed off and dismissed. Fertility is so stressful and so scary, we need reassurance that things are going the way they are supposed to be going and I absolutely did not receive that at the Rose location.
I had no contact with billing office at the Rose location.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I had a very bad experience at this location, but a great experience at Littleton and Lafayette. I was treated poorly from the front desk, to the nursing team to the doctor. The ultrasound tech would not allow me to look at my images when I was potentially having a miscarriage, the doctor laughed at me when I said I didn't want to stop meds and lose my pregnancy and just told me to go forward with IVF without any explanation as to why.
Denver

Dr Greene was very familiar with my case right when I walked in- I could tell he had read it before I arrived and that was reassuring. He asked a lot of questions and gave us several options and helped us understand everything thoroughly before we parted. We never felt rushed and he answered any questions that arose after our meeting very promptly... we used 50 mg of Clomid for the first 4 IUIs and an ovulation predictor kit. For our last IUI we used a trigger shot and ultrasound to be more accurate. I was also taking herbal supplements that he recommended and prenatals to help egg health
The only weakness was the overall first impression. The staff [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] is great but the decor is dated and doesn't reflect the "state of the art" technology they are using. Also, there were 2 employees smoking in the parking lot when I pulled up which seemed very contradictory to everything somehow... IUIs and testing were less expensive than my own doctors- IUIs were $350ish. IVF all in would be 25-35k per round
Ask a lot of questions- he explains things well but he also doesn't mind answering anything you think of
I have a lot of questions and he always takes the time to explain them thoroughly and make sure that I understand my options and the procedures and likely results of the procedures. I never felt rushed out the door
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Sarah)
They were completely familiar with every step of the process- even the financial options. They took great care of us
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The only weakness was the overall first impression. The staff is great but the decor is dated and doesn't reflect the "state of the art" technology they are using. Also, there were 2 employees smoking in the parking lot when I pulled up which seemed very contradictory to everything somehow
He definitely leaned towards eSET because of their success rates and explained that unless we desperately wanted twins he would discourage multiple embryo transfers
Denver

Dr. Bush does a good job at focusing on the people in front of him. I didn’t get the sense that he was trying to rush me out the door to get on to the next thing. Our appointment with him after all of our testing was done was thorough and gave us a good picture of the plan going forward... I appreciate that they are good at their jobs, but I don’t need to spend 1/3 of my time with the doctor reviewing charts that show me what I have already researched online.
The staff [at Conceptions] have always been quick to return phone calls and are easy to get a hold of with questions. All of the planning for when to come into the office for procedures is done with the nurses, and they have always explained each step of the process well... The only weakness of the office overall is there is not a lot of emotion. I don’t mind there not being a lot of emotion in the conversations I have with the doctor of the rest of the staff, but if this is extremely important to you it might be something to consider.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush is thorough and allows you time to ask all your questions that arise. When we decided to start with IUI I left the office with a clear understanding of the plan. So far our appointments with Dr.Bush have been straightforward.
Come prepared with questions. Just like at any other doctors office, Dr.Bush is happy to explain things but he obviously doesn’t have a lot of time to just sit there and wait. However if you come with your questions written down and are prepared they will get answered.
Dr. Bush does a good job at focusing on the people in front of him. I didn’t get the sense that he was trying to rush me out the door to get on to the next thing. Our appointment with him after all of our testing was done was thorough and gave us a good picture of the plan going forward. That being said the clinic prides themselves on how many successful IVFs they have done, and show you that pride through lots of numbers. While I am sure this is helpful to some, after being on the wrong side of statistics for years now, I just want to know how you are going to help me and my current situation. I appreciate that they are good at their jobs, but I don’t need to spend 1/3 of my time with the doctor reviewing charts that show me what I have already researched online.
We husband and I are in the middle of our second IUI cycle. Dr. Bush prescribed 5 mg of Letrozole daily cycle day 3 through 7. For our first cycle I went in to the clinic cycle day 13 for a pelvic ultrasound. Once confirmed I had a dominant follicle they gave me a trigger shot. Then the IUI was performed on cycle day 14 by the nurse. This cycle they are having me go in on cycle day 12 for the ultrasound and will determine what day the IUI is on after measuring the follicles for enough growth.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
The staff have always been quick to return phone calls and are easy to get a hold of with questions. All of the planning for when to come into the office for procedures is done with the nurses, and they have always explained each step of the process well.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The clinic is well known and popular because of their success. Even though a lot of people use this clinic I have always felt they are quick to return phone calls and answer questions. The only weakness of the office overall is there is not a lot of emotion. I don’t mind there not being a lot of emotion in the conversations I have with the doctor of the rest of the staff, but if this is extremely important to you it might be something to consider.
I do not remember total costs of the top of my head. However, we have spent over $1,000 in testing to try to determine the cause of our infertility. I have not received the bills for our IUI yet therefore I don’t know the costs. I did pay about $350 for the progesterone and estradiol prescribed for inbetween the IUI and pregnancy test.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Greene is a caring, patient physician. He has an amazing bedside manner, and I always felt like my case was important to him. He never rushed through appointments, and always took time to answer all of my questions. At time, pulling in his peers to help gain insight.... Dr. Greene advised us to do a fresh cycle, plus CCS screening. From that donor we ended up with 7 tested embryos. A chemical pregnancy resulted from the first transfer. For the second, we added an endometrial scratch and intralipid therapy. That transfer took, and I'm currently pregnant.
The donor egg team [at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] has 3 nurses, but I primarily worked with Cori. I absolutely adore these women. They have so much compassion, are quick to respond to questions and incredible patient. They really made a horrible diagnosis manageable.... In total, including the cost of donor eggs (one frozen cycle and one fresh) we spent around $75,000.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Greene was the second doctor I saw at Conceptions. The first left the practice before my first donor egg cycle. I immediately felt comfortable in his care. He was persistent in his optimism for us, and honest about our options.
He is absolutely great.
Our first attempt, we used frozen donor eggs from an egg bank. This was a direction that our first doctor recommended. We only got one embryo from that cycle and it failed to implant. We decided to try again, and Dr. Greene advised us to do a fresh cycle, plus CCS screening. From that donor we ended up with 7 tested embryos. A chemical pregnancy resulted from the first transfer. For the second, we added an endometrial scratch and intralipid therapy. That transfer took, and I'm currently pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Cori Silverman)
The donor egg team has 3 nurses, but I primarily worked with Cori. I absolutely adore these women. They have so much compassion, are quick to respond to questions and incredible patient. They really made a horrible diagnosis manageable.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I couldn't praise Dr. Greene or the nursing team i worked with enough. I had a few hiccups with the billing department, but they were all quickly resolved. Overall, I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Greene and his team.
Dr. Greene really preferred transferring one embryo. I think had I really wanted to transfer two he would have, but they really prefer one.

2014 - 2017
Dr. Ambler was a clear communicator and was genuinely invested in my care and outcome. I felt confident in how she approached my case, we did significant testing and based on the results she presented options and recommendations for next steps.....My first cycle for egg retrieval didn't go as planned (the follicles/eggs weren't mature enough) so we needed to cancel. I was of course very disappointed, but I really appreciated that Dr. Ambler called me herself to explain what was going on and the rationale for canceling that cycle.
Clinic [Conceptions] seems to be adjusting to an increased volume of patients, so they are working through some protocol updates. Missy, at the front desk, is fantastic...Nursing staff had a good attitude and was very prompt/communicative. I liked working with them...Just one time a nurse (who is no longer at the clinic) failed to call in a prescription for my pre-natal vitamins. I called to ask about it and they corrected it immediately...
2014 - 2017
How was your experience with Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Ambler was a clear communicator and was genuinely invested in my care and outcome. I felt confident in how she approached my case, we did significant testing and based on the results she presented options and recommendations for next steps. I felt confident in her care and the plan to to get to a positive pregnancy. I've gone to Dr. Ambler twice and absolutely recommend her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Be prepared with any questions you have and she will go through them with you at your appointments. If something comes up after hours, don't be afraid to call her on-call.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I felt like she really cared about my treatment and outcome. When I needed to contact her after hours she was readily available, and always reassuring. She has a very friendly 'bedside' manner and it was easy to establish a good rapport with her.
Describe the protocols Dana Ambler used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
We decided to move forward with IVF from the very beginning. My first cycle for egg retrieval didn't go as planned (the follicles/eggs weren't mature enough) so we needed to cancel. I was of course very disappointed, but I really appreciated that Dr. Ambler called me herself to explain what was going on and the rationale for canceling that cycle. For the next egg retrieval cycle, we were able to change my dosing so that my follicles/eggs looked great and we could move ahead confidently for the retrieval. I've gone to Dr. Ambler for 2 embryo transfers, and they were both successful. Per her recommendation, I utilized an acupuncturist for each and found that to be very relaxing.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Clinic seems to be adjusting to an increased volume of patients, so they are working through some protocol updates. Missy, at the front desk, is fantastic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
I don't really remember but given what I know from other friends that have gone through the same thing, I think my costs were average.
Describe Dana Ambler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
In my case, Dr. Ambler recommended a single embryo transfer and I felt comfortable with her reasoning.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Doctor Bush comes off as abrupt and can speak above your head;however, he is extremely knowledgeable and seems passionate about what he does. ...I never doubted his expertise or treatment recommendations. He is a top fertility doctor and that shows. I would recommend him and his clinic. Be prepared to not meet with him very often after the consult, but he is monitoring your progress...Because of egg quality issues, I was placed on HGH during stimulation.
It is a busy clinic [Conceptions] so you will not have the personal connections you may get with a smaller clinic. But they have an excellent lab and are extremely organized. You will not wait for appointments, and will always know the next step well I advance...All the nurses are extremely caring and responsive...Their IVF cost is 19000 although since we had a failed cycle at another clinic , we were given a discount. They also accept insurance...
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I never doubted his expertise or treatment recommendations. He is a top fertility doctor and that shows. I would recommend him and his clinic. Be prepared to not meet with him very often after the consult, but he is monitoring your progress . His treatment plan was extremely successful in my case.
He is blunt and forward , if you want things sugar coated, he may not be the doc for you. But his success speaks for itself .
Doctor Bush comes off as abrupt and can speak above your head;however, he is extremely knowledgeable and seems passionate about what he does. He will do whatever he can to get you pregnant .
Because of egg quality issues, I was placed on HGH during stimulation. I was also given a much reduced dosage of stim meds, due to my sky high estrogen levels that occurred on my last cycle. I was also put on a supplement protocol three months prior to my retrieval. My husband has mfi issues and was also put on supplements. We had excellent results with four normal embryos ready for transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Evans )
All the nurses are extremely caring and responsive
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
It is a busy clinic so you will not have the personal connections you may get with a smaller clinic. But they have an excellent lab and are extremely organized. You will not wait for appointments, and will always know the next step well I advance .
We were advised to do only one embryo transfer and are completely on board for a single transfer . The risks of multiples were explained. After all the time, stress, and money that has been put into my treatment, I want to mitigate as much risk as I can .

2014 - 2017
I have DOR and poor egg quality. I got to retrieval [ with Dr.Mark Bush], they got 8 eggs and the one that made it to freeze was genetically abnormal. On to donor eggs for the next try...I think he is great at what he does. I don't care much about bedside mannerisms at this point as having a child is more important to me. He took time to answer my questions, pose alternative options, be realistic about my situation and possible outcomes.
She [nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was fantastic. She spent time talk to me, reviewing things, discussing options, etc. I cannot stress how fantastic she was....I have DOR and poor egg quality. I got to retrieval, they got 8 eggs and the one that made it to freeze was genetically abnormal. On to donor eggs for the next try...I did acupuncture and acai berry stuff which added to the cost, but probably over $20K
Investment Banker
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Just know he knows he's good at what he does. If you need coddling I don't think you would find it with any doctor in this industry, but I have no qualms about working with him at all.
Although he comes across as pompous, he did take the time to speak with me, review prior visits, talk about options, explain everything, and even make a few jokes. The nurses always spent time talking to me, explaining things, and comforting me.
I can't remember the name of the protocol. But I started on birth control, we did pills the first time and it suppressed me to much so we did the nuva ring the second time. Then I used menopur and follistim and ganirelix. This protocol was very similar to the one I initiated with the first doctor I saw, but I have DOR and poor egg quality. I got to retrieval, they got 8 eggs and the one that made it to freeze was genetically abnormal. On to donor eggs for the next try
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Michelle but she's not there anymore)
She was fantastic. She spent time talk to me, reviewing things, discussing options, etc. I cannot stress how fantastic she was.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Knowing where to go is a bit confusing sometimes so I always have to ask - upstairs or down. And they keep billing United and I haven't had them for insurance for awhile. Otherwise it's a nice place
Denver

I loved Dr. Ambler from the very first visit! She was so great, friendly, educated, and straight forward. When I had concerns she was available to answer my questions. She was really good at making sure I felt comfortable with what the plan was and made sure to answer all questions I had...We went to Dr. Ambler as a LGBT couple hoping to have a baby. We started with the IUI process but after 3 failed medicated IUI cycles Dr. Ambler felt we needed to move to the next step and we agreed. We decided to do an egg retrieval with a freeze all cycle.
The front desk staff at the Denver office [Conceptions] is very friendly and great. The front desk staff at the Littleton office isn't as friendly, they whisper about other co-workers and patients. The billing department is probably the worst part of the clinic.... I felt more like a dollar sign. I would get bills and phone calls about treatment that had already been paid for....I really enjoyed most of the nurses that I interacted with at Conceptions. The one thing I didn't like is that you had a different nurse at each stage of your cycle. They were all very knowledgeable.
If you go to Conceptions make sure Dr. Ambler is your provider.
I was treated like a human with all of my interactions with Dr. Ambler. The billing staff was a different story, I felt more like a dollar sign. I would get bills and phone calls about treatment that had already been paid for.
We went to Dr. Ambler as a LGBT couple hoping to have a baby. We started with the IUI process but after 3 failed medicated IUI cycles Dr. Ambler felt we needed to move to the next step and we agreed. We decided to do an egg retrieval with a freeze all cycle. After the retrieval, Dr. Ambler diagnosed me with poor egg quality. We had one embryo make it to freeze. Dr. Ambler wanted to move a head with the frozen transfer of our one embryo, and I am currently pregnant with our one little embryo.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The front desk staff at the Denver office is very friendly and great. The front desk staff at the Littleton office isn't as friendly, they whisper about other co-workers and patients. The billing department is probably the worst part of the clinic.
Total cost for treatment including 3 IUI's, egg retrieval, frozen transfer, and medication was about 26,000
We only had one embryo to transfer so this was never and issue. Dr. Ambler wasn't completely opposed of transferring 2 embryos but I think it is very situational.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
I paid upfront for my entire cycle, including frozen transfer. This information was never put into my chart so every time I went to the clinic I was being asked for money. I was told on more than one occasion that I hadn't yet paid for the frozen transfer.

2013 - 2014
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Most of your contact is with the clinic staff and the nurses, but I knew Dr. Bush was overseeing the process and never felt like I couldn't get in touch with him to ask questions if need be... they called when they said they would, they provided test results as soon as possible, they e-mailed if you preferred that method of communication, and they were willing to accommodate extra sensitivities and be appropriately sympathetic. I couldn't have asked for better communication, empathy, and attention to detail.
2013 - 2014
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr. Bush definitely comes across as arrogant as I expect he is. But I have yet to come across a fertility doctor who is not. How can they not be when they are making humans! He is blunt about your prognosis, statistical likelihood of success, and the process that will be involved to get you pregnant. He is thorough, reads medical histories and pays attention to your details. Most of your contact is with the clinic staff and the nurses, but I knew Dr. Bush was overseeing the process and never felt like I couldn't get in touch with him to ask questions if need be. I met with doctors at CCRM and at another clinic in Denver and chose Dr. Bush because I felt like he really wanted to "win" (and by win, I mean get me pregnant).
Don't be turned off by his arrogance and the number of photos of him in the office. If you are a tough case, he will still take you on. I felt like CCRM wouldn't take me on because I was a tough case (I was given a less than 3% chance of getting pregnant EVEN with IVF) and they didn't want me to lower their statistics. Dr. Bush was happy to help me.
Dr. Bush is blunt and arrogant, but he is detailed, has read your files and is prepared for your individual situation when you meet him, and will do what he can to help you. CCRM told me they thought I should move immediately to donor eggs and essentially said I was a lost cause, but Dr. Bush was willing to treat me and do what he could to help me get pregnant. I had a 3" stack of test results, notes from other doctors, and medical history and he had read through it all prior to our meeting. When I had a stillborn baby due to a blood clot, he was empathetic and again read all of my hospital records to ensure that he could safely guide us through IVF with my added medical complications. He isn't "warm and fuzzy," but he definitely treated me like a human and he wants you to get pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika Peksens)
They called when they said they would, they provided test results as soon as possible, they e-mailed if you preferred that method of communication, and they were willing to accommodate extra sensitivities and be appropriately sympathetic. I couldn't have asked for better communication, empathy, and attention to detail.

2011 - 2013
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr.Bush was kind sometimes and cold others. I definitely felt like he wasn't interested in my questions or input but wanted to dictate my protocol. My concerns were unimportant...He was so kind during my miscarriage. I lost twins at 13 weeks and was just destroyed over it. He was the on call doctor I spoke to at 4am while bleeding. He did my DnC. He was compassionate and I appreciated it. I did more IUI cycles and had a failed IVF retrieval. My last meeting with Dr.Bush was terrible. He got mad at me for asking questions about why the embryos died and spent the whole hour bashing on another local clinic. I felt bullied, talked down to and felt like I was being given hard sales pitch.
The embryology lab is weak. My 15 retrieved embryos all died. Todd in the lab called to tell me the awful news and he was so nonchalant. I was 40 so what did I expect? Old, crappy eggs produced bad embryos. He seemed surprised that I cried. I was realistic about my eggs but I had hope. He made me feel foolish.... As far as strengths, their nursing staff was nice despite high turnover. They returned calls promptly....I was assigned a different nurse every week it seemed like. The turnover was high so I never really built up a rapport with anyone. They were all nice and seemed knowledgeable.
2011 - 2013
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Dr.Bush was kind sometimes and cold others. I definitely felt like he wasn't interested in my questions or input but wanted to dictate my protocol. My concerns were unimportant, and I should shut up and trust him.
It varied. He was so kind during my miscarriage. I lost twins at 13 weeks and was just destroyed over it. He was the on call doctor I spoke to at 4am while bleeding. He did my dnc. He was compassionate and I appreciated it. I did more IUI cycles and had a failed IVF retrieval. My last meeting with Dr.Bush was terrible. He got mad at me for asking questions about why the embryos died and spent the whole hour bashing on another local clinic. I felt bullied, talked down to and felt like I was being given hard sales pitch.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The embryology lab is weak. My 15 retrieved embryos all died. Todd in the lab called to tell me the awful news and he was so nonchalant. I was 40 so what did I expect? Old, crappy eggs produced bad embryos. He seemed surprised that I cried. I was realistic about my eggs but I had hope. He made me feel foolish. Then the bad meeting with Dr.Bush caused me to leave the clinic. As far as strengths, their nursing staff was nice despite high turnover. They returned calls promptly.
Many of my initial costs were covered by insurance and the billing staff was good about helping me navigate the various procedures.

2005 - 2012
He [Dr. Bruce Albrecht] was very good at explaining the course of treatment, his staff well traned and compassionate. They truly care about us! I never felt like he was not giving me his full attention. He visited me at the hospital after I gave birth! I can not say enough about him. He is am outstanding fertility Doctor!
They [the staff at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] were great, I never waited long. Always, had all my questions answered and they were always available by phone as well. When I found out I was pregnant, everyone in the office was so excited and got me in for my first prenatal check up fast. They took care of me for the first trimester. I wish he could have continued my care, but it was time to go to a ob office.
2005 - 2012
How was your experience with Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He was very good at explaining the course of treatment, his staff well traned and compassionate. They truly care about us! I never felt like he was not giving me his full attention. He visited me at the hospital after I gave birth! I can not say enough about him. He is am outstanding fertility Doctor!❤️
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
Be prepared to prepared to feel valued as a women by a Doctor that truly cares about you and what you are going though to have a baby!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He is outstanding, we felt like family while we were getting treated. I would go back if I had been younger and had the money. He was very caring and never in a hurry. Made sure we always were taken care of. His staff, took very good care of us, never made us feel like they did not care. I was relaxed the whole time and never was nervous. He has his own practice now, it is called Denver Fertility Albrecht Women’s Care. I was so upset when I found out that one of my tubes were blocked, he said, that was okay, God gave you 2! Had so much care in his heart!
Describe the protocols Bruce Albrecht used in your cycles at Conceptions Reproductive Associates and their degree of success.
I was on a low dose of cholmed with, some HCG injections. IUI’s too. They monitored my cycle with blood work and ultrasounds for each cycle I was there being treated. They followed the blood work and ultrasounds very closely to know when to do the IUI’s. It work it only took 3 months!
Amazing!
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
They were great, I never waited long. Always, had all my questions answered and they were always available by phone as well. When I found out I was pregnant, everyone in the office was so excited and got me in for my first prenatal check up fast. They took care of me for the first trimester. I wish he could have continued my care, but it was time to go to a ob office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
We took a loan out to cover my care. We did not use all of it and the rest was returned to us.
Bruce Albrecht
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Albrecht at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
When meeting Dr. Natalia Grindler for the first time, she was very attentive to hearing my history and ensuring to ask for questions to fully understand. She was empathetic and caring when I struggled to share my history. She was very kind and was sure to mirror my tone as to ensure that she was listening to my story.... Thus far, Dr. Natalia Grindler has been very candid, direct, and thorough in responding to my fears and explaining the risks of certain procedures. She was blunt when needed and compassionate in other areas as well. The risks and procedures are clearly explained.
overall, I feel that the expectation has been set that Conceptions is the standard for infertility treatments. They are clear robust and provide a lot of data to support and back their results methods. I feel confident that I am in a good place.... I feel as though Erika has been very communicative, thorough, and clear with the timeline and expectations of me. The COVID-19 issue did cause some hiccups as far as the communication went; not at the fault of the nurse but it was hard to get a hold of anyone.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Ensure that you are prepared for any and all questions, I struggled to find the words to fully understand procedures. Regardless, she is patient and will allow time for you to gather your thoughts during your visit to ensure that your concerns are heard.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erika )
Denver

Dr Grindler is caring and passionate. She explained results and procedures well and truly wants what’s best for each patient. She provided her personal email to reach out to her with any questions that may arise. My only complaint is I wish I would have seen her more often than the nurses during my IUI treatments...Letrazole with IUI cycles. Earlier testing with my ultrasounds due to producing follicles quickly and history of cysts.
My strongest complaint [with Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was the miscommunication or inconsistent communication regarding calling to report day 1 of menses and the on call/weekend protocol...$2,000 for polyp removal. $3,000+ for 2 rounds of IUI...The weaknesses of the clinic include lack of communication, difficulty reaching someone by phone, and slow to return calls. Communication was much stronger during my initial contact and Consultation.
The infertility journey is draining emotionally and physically and be prepared for bumps along the road.
At times it was difficult to speak with a Dr to get questions answered. The clinic did not promptly return phone calls.
My main nurse Erin was compassionate and understanding. My only complaint with the nursing staff overall is the lack of communication between offices in describing the protocol for IUI.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
$2,000 for polyp removal. $3,000+ for 2 rounds of IUI.
What specific things went wrong at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
My strongest complaint was the miscommunication or inconsistent communication regarding calling to report day 1 of menses and the on call/weekend protocol .
Denver

Dr. Bush wanted to get me a baby but I had my worst retrieval with him. He was very confident that his menopur only protocol would yield me great results. I got zero embryos on day 5 and was devastated. When we did the regroup he was a little defensive and suggested donor eggs. I felt that he gave up on me. I was also very raw and emotional. I think he is a brilliant doctor and insanely smart but not the right doctor for me...he is really blunt and fact driven which can come across as harsh or stern.
She [nurse at Conceptions Reproductive Associates - Denver] is my guardian angel. On my worst days she picked me up. Every email had a note that was encouraging and how were in this together. I absolutely love her...Strengths are its extremely organized and well run. Very prompt responses and truly everyone cares. I honestly don't see weaknesses. Dr. Bush wasn't right for mr so Erika my nurse suggested Dr. Ambler and were a match made in heaven. Same clinic and I trust them for another retrieval.
How was your experience with Mark Bush at Conceptions Reproductive Associates?
He is really smart and wants you to be a mom but he is really blunt and fact driven which can come across as harsh or stern.
Dr.Bush is incredibly smart and wants to get you a baby. He is not warm and fuzzy but his knowledge and confidence makes you feel your in the right hands. He is pretty blunt but treats you with respect.
We did estrogen to prime with cetrotide. Then HGH and high dosage of menopur. I was on 9 menopur vials a day. I retrieved 12, 4 fertilized and 0 made it to day 5.
She is my guardian angel. On my worst days she picked me up. Every email had a note that was encouraging and how were in this together. I absolutely love her.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Haven't gotten to transfer yet.
Denver

She [Dr. Dana Ambler] was warm and answered all of our questions thoroughly - and we had a lot! She also was up to date in the latest research, and engaged with me about my own research. She delivered some difficult news with compassion and worked with me to figure out next steps...Dr Ambler was very kind and honest, and she led me through the process. It seemed like there was a plan, but not like I was just one of a gazillion patients.
The clinic [Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was very nice and welcoming, and answered my million questions. I was never rushed or ignored...T...Very low costs - my insurance covered diagnostics. I paid for prescriptions...First Dr Ambler ordered a battery of tests for me and my husband. I was diagnosed with PCOS and type 2 diabetes. First, I had to get the diabetes under control - Dr Ambler prescribed metformin and referred me to an endocrinologist. After several months, I was able to resume treatment with Dr Ambler.
She was warm and answered all of our questions thoroughly - and we had a lot! She also was up to date in the latest research, and engaged with me about my own research. She delivered some difficult news with compassion and worked with me to figure out next steps.
First Dr Ambler ordered a battery of tests for me and my husband. I was diagnosed with PCOS and type 2 diabetes. First, I had to get the diabetes under control - Dr Ambler prescribed metformin and referred me to an endocrinologist. After several months, I was able to resume treatment with Dr Ambler. She prescribed femara with a trigger shot, and I also had appointments for monitoring. The first cycle did not result in pregnancy, so we decided to try again. If that cycle had not resulted in pregnancy (it did!), Dr Ambler mentioned that we would begin to consider other alternatives. Since my problem was that I was not ovulating, we would skipped IUI and probably moved to IVF.
I can't remember her name - but I didn't love the first nurse who was assigned to me. She was a little too blunt for me! I was moved to another nurse at my request, and she was great.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
The clinic was very nice and welcoming, and answered my million questions. I was never rushed or ignored.
Very low costs - my insurance covered diagnostics. I paid for prescriptions.
Denver

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Dana Ambler at Conceptions Reproductive Associates.

Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Prepare for cut to the chase straight forward answers. You’ll get them [from Dr. Althea O'Shaughnessy]...You barely work with the doctor. It’s the nurses start to finish...She is a little blunt, and keeps her consultations quick and in and out. I could’ve stood for a little more compassion. But she is very smart. I did trust her with my treatment. I will use her should I opt for a second round.
[Monitoring at Conceptions Reproductive Associates] was the most convenient ever. I went in at my leisure, and was immediately seen...One round of egg retrieval, and FET was upwards of 20,000 plus meds...This is a very strong, knowledgeable team who all complement each other. Our entire process was seamless from start to now. They handle everything including arguing with the insurance companies. I really appreciate the people in each office.
Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Prepare for cut to the chase straight forward answers. You’ll get them.
They see a ton of patients. So it’s understandable. It’s just that with COVID19, no one is happy they aren’t being treated so it is what it is. Also, we only have one. Just one. And now we have to wait even longer.
The nurses are the heart and soul of the entire operation. You barely work with the doctor. It’s the nurses start to finish.
Describe your experience with Conceptions Reproductive Associates.
Gosh it was the most convenient ever. I went in at my leisure, and was immediately seen.
One round of egg retrieval, and FET was upwards of 20,000 plus meds. We cannot afford to do this a second time, sadly, and we only got one embryo.