6.7

Genetic counseling is not offered

7500 Beechnut Street
Houston, TX 77074
(713)-771-9771

[Dr. James Chuong] always remains positive and encouraging...After my 5th and final IUI...he called me personally on the phone and spoke with me for about 15 minutes to discuss the next steps and what could have been the reason this cycles was not successful...knows how expensive fertility treatments are so he provides patients with websites to seek discounts and gives options of pharmacies so we can choose the most cost effective one...
[Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] isn't a 5-star resort...people may very well easily overlook his [Dr. Chuong] clinic because it isn't aesthetically appealing like most clinics, but little do they know it's a hidden gem...Everyone in the clinic knows you by name and are always polite and professional...Every time they are truly sorry to hear that I started my period instead of having a positive pregnancy test. I can call or text them anytime during the work day and they'll always respond.
How was your experience with James Chuong at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
He truly is excellent. Dr. C has the patients best interest in mind as well as the fact that we are desperately wanting to have a child or children. In front of you he always remains positive and encouraging. You would not believe how many times he said something positive to me that made me feel better emotionally. I also like the fact that he keeps his website up to date and current with different conferences he's gone to and new information about fertility. Financially, he also knows how expensive fertility treatments are so he provides patients with websites to seek discounts and gives options of pharmacies so we can choose the most cost effective one. I had started another IUI cycle as the pandemic was starting and offices were shutting down and cancelling cycles, but Dr. C did not. He understands the time and emotional investment we've made and he made sure to continue with only cycles that were already in progress. Again, I had another negative pregnancy test but I wouldn't change him as my doctor. After my 5th and final IUI, his office was closed and when I got the results, he called me personally on the phone and spoke with me for about 15 minutes to discuss the next steps and what could have been the reason this cycles was not successful. No one can ask for any better treatment than that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Chuong at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
You don't need a fancy building or the nicest dressed professionals, you need people who care about you and your willingness to trust them with the journey to you having a baby. For anyone who is considering going to Dr. C, don't think twice. He is a good doctor and more importantly a good person. That means a lot to people and if you're like me, someone who wants to be involved in the process, want to know the whys and hows, and what's next, he'd be a perfect doctor for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Chuong at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Everyone in the clinic knows you by name and are always polite and professional. Dr. C always reviews your chart after your visit and sits down and goes over his professional take on what he sees and gives recommendation that are based on current research in the fertility world. Every time I visit, I will get a phone call with specific information about my hormone profile and a "solution" if my estrodiol is too high or something else. He is my second doctor and everything I have learned about fertility, especially my own has been from him and his team. When moving to his clinic, he reviewed all of my procedures and treatments from my previous clinic and sat down an discussed his findings with me. Very grateful even though I have experienced true heartache in this process over and over again.
Describe the protocols James Chuong used in your cycles at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
First cycle - Started me on Clomid instead of Letrozole, which is what I used at my previous clinic. He said that research shows Clomid has better results and that he rarely uses it, maybe for older women. I started on a standard dose, however I can't recall what it was. I did a cycle day 3 appointment to check my follicles and hormones. Once they came back within range, I started Clomid on cycle day 3 and took if for 5 days. I came back to do a mid-cycle appointment on cycle day 12. I was instructed to use an OPK kit and have the results when I went. Again, checked follicles and on cycle day 14 I took the trigger shot and waited 36 hours and had the insemination the next day. 3 mature follicles. Results negative. Second cycle - Same process, the only difference was the day I did the trigger and the date of the insemination. I also took a higher dose of Clomid, four pills instead of one for 5 days. I only produced one good follicle. Results negative. Third cycle - Came in on cycle day 2 instead of 3 because his recommendation was to do a round with injectables. His protocol is that with injectables you start on cycle day 3 but it takes a day for the medication to arrive. I took Gonol-F in the morning for 11 days, 150 for 5 days and 75 for 5 days. At night, I took 75IU Menopur for 6 days and then I started Cetrotide for 3 days and took 1.5 Ovidrel on cycle day 10. I produced 8 follicles, 7 mature. Results negative. ? Cycle - I don't know when I'll be able to start treatment again, but Dr. C's recommendation is IVF. At the time of this review, I am 34 but will be 35 in May so my window is narrowing. So I will start IVF for my next treatment, whenever that will be.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Annie & Dessire )
Annie and Dessire are always going above and beyond. They have a clinic cellphone that patients can text or call throughout the day. If they communicate with you via text, they always make sure to say please respond so I know you received it. The team will provide you with training on how to administer your shot and take medications. They provide you with a monitoring sheet to keep for your reference with instructions and what to do on each cycle day. Every time they are truly sorry to hear that I started my period instead of having a positive pregnancy test. I can call or text them anytime during the work day and they'll always respond. I also recommended a co-worker to Dr. C's clinic. Her appointments were usually a few days before mine. She ended up getting pregnant and what I appreciated is that the staff still remained professional and did not make me feel different even though that was and still is very difficult for me.
Describe your experience with Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. C is very knowledgeable and he makes an effort to continue to use research-based methods, I think that is a great strength of his. I also thinks he has trained his staff well, even though a few of them are not nurses just medical assistants, they are also knowledgeable. Something that people may view as a weakness is that his clinic isn't a 5-star resort. Which is perfectly fine with me. However, I say this to say people may very well easily overlook his clinic because it isn't aesthetically appealing like most clinics, but little do they know it's a hidden gem. Dr. C is honest and compassionate and understands that we are fragile in those moments and he does a very good job of seeing that and adjusting to it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Chuong at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
Cycle 1 and Cycle 2: IUI w/ ultrasound - $525 Sperm transfer - $100 Sperm plus shipping - $970 Injectables - $4,000 (all resulted in negative cycles)
Describe James Chuong's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I have not had the sit down IVF conversation yet. I will be having it when I can start treatment again. I don't know his approach yet, but mine in no more than two, lol!
James Chuong

2017 - 2020, Successful
You will also need to be prepared to explore some unconventional approaches to fertility treatment [with Dr. Jerome Check]...he was driven by the curiosity of different cases and finding an approach that worked best for each patient rather than referring everyone right away for expensive IVF treatments...put me on adderall right away, which he had papers on to show a correlation with increased success in fertility treatments. He also found that I had low thyroid and started me on synthroid. Dr. Check's first approach was to have me try to get pregnant with timed intercourse and just support my luteal phase with progesterone, where he first suspected my miscarriages stemmed from. I had a lot of success naturally getting pregnant, just not staying pregnant. However, during my first cycle being monitored, it was discovered that I was ovulating prematurely and my follicl
The nursing staff at Dr. Check's office [Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are the staff you communicate with most. They were knowledgeable and thorough...I was definitely in the minority being a non-IVF patient there...is much lower cost than other options in the area. They also look for other approaches rather than just IVF...First off, you get a full battery of tests. Bloods, ultrasounds, testing for your partner, etc. Once it was determined that my partner wasn't contributing to my infertility and that my anatomy was normal, we decided on a treatment plan.
How was your experience with Jerome Check at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Check is very research & data driven, which I appreciate. He was recommended to me by a family member who described him as "unconventional" which I agree with. He looks for treatment options that are outside of the box and does not push people into the most expensive treatment options right away, which I appreciate. After your initial consult & course of treatment are set, you will deal mostly with nurses (this was my experience as a non-IVF patient). If you want Dr. Check directly involved, you will need to request phone calls or appointments for that. When we were going to make a change in my treatment plan, I did request a call with Dr. Check to make sure I understood the path forward and he called me that week before we went ahead with the next cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jerome Check at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Check is straightforward, and not necessarily "warm & fuzzy." Infertility is a tough journey and some may expect/desire more support from their care providers. If you don't have a strong support system outside of the office, you probably will not find it there. However, after several months with the staff, I was able to build a rapport with them and they are especially kind to me this time around, as a recurring patient with a 2 year old daughter thanks to them. You will also need to be prepared to explore some unconventional approaches to fertility treatment. But, I found it refreshing that he was driven by the curiosity of different cases and finding an approach that worked best for each patient rather than referring everyone right away for expensive IVF treatments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jerome Check at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Check was willing to treat me when other doctor's felt that I was too young and should just "keep trying." He respected my gut instinct that my miscarriages were not coincidence and through testing found many issues contributing to them. For my first appointment, he was extremely flexible and I was able to do my consult and new patient testing on an evening to accommodate my work schedule. I have a background in Science and really appreciated how into detail he went about the mechanisms of the different treatment options and that he supplied me with his medical papers on the topics.
Describe the protocols Jerome Check used in your cycles at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
First off, you get a full battery of tests. Bloods, ultrasounds, testing for your partner, etc. Once it was determined that my partner wasn't contributing to my infertility and that my anatomy was normal, we decided on a treatment plan. He also put me on adderall right away, which he had papers on to show a correlation with increased success in fertility treatments. He also found that I had low thyroid and started me on synthroid. Dr. Check's first approach was to have me try to get pregnant with timed intercourse and just support my luteal phase with progesterone, where he first suspected my miscarriages stemmed from. I had a lot of success naturally getting pregnant, just not staying pregnant. However, during my first cycle being monitored, it was discovered that I was ovulating prematurely and my follicles were small and immature when released, so we did not attempt pregnancy in that cycle. For the next cycle, I used FSH to stimulate follicle growth, Cetrotide to suppress my LH, hCG to trigger ovulation, timed intercourse with my husband, lupron to promote implantation, and several forms of progesterone (oral & 2 types of suppositories) support in my luteal phase. I was unsuccessful in that cycle and the next, and after the third cycle I had an endometrial scratch procedure after my negative pregnancy test. The next cycle, my treatment plan was the same and I successfully became pregnant. After my positive pregnancy test, my blood & ultrasound were heavily monitored by the nurses. I was kept on progesterone until close to 20 weeks, was also taking estradiol to support my estrogen levels, and was kept on pelvic protection until 20 weeks due to some unexplained bleeding early in pregnancy. I also continued my adderall through the first trimester. As someone who experienced pregnancy loss, I appreciated the heavy monitoring throughout my early pregnancy.
The nursing staff at Dr. Check's office are the staff you communicate with most. They were knowledgeable and thorough. I had one primary nurse and a few that would fill in when she wasn't there. They can sometimes seem rushed when they call you with results/instructions, but if you ask them to slow down/repeat they are great.
Cooper Institute is much lower cost than other options in the area. They also look for other approaches rather than just IVF. I was definitely in the minority being a non-IVF patient there, but some doctors would have sent me right to that option. Something that was inconvenient for me was that the office in PA, which is closer to my house, was only open during limited hours for blood & ultrasounds and then 2 days/week for full days. I had to go to the NJ office a few times per cycle depending on when my cycle days fell and that was inconvenient. However, it was a small price to pay to get to the end result. Just something for new patients to be aware of.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jerome Check at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
My procedures & medications were well covered by my insurance company with the exception of the lupron which was only 1 dose/cycle. Each occasion of blood & ultrasound was ~$35 out of pocket, and medications were ~$150 per cycle overall. One time when I needed to get a cetrotide dose the same day to prevent ovulating & losing the cycle, they had one on site that they gave to me free of charge since my insurance mandated a mail-in pharmacy use.
Houston

She [Dr. Jung Kyo Choe] decided during surgery that my fallopian tubes were too diseased to keep and removed them both along with massive scar tissue found from my c-section from my daughter in 2014, and some cysts on my ovaries that she said one was of the largest she has seen. She suggested a few months recovery and then a retrieval and transfer. She was present for the egg retrieval. They retrieved 5 and out of those 5, 3 fertilized. They transferred 3 on cycle day 3. It was not a successful transfer. However, knowing that I am positive for the MTHFR gene and Rh- (A-), she advised my seeing a rheumatologist to help in directing my treatment moving forward with future IVF procedures. I am currently on meds again for another transfer.
Nurses Jessie and Kathy [at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are very well versed in their craft. They have a wonderful disposition and bedside manner, extremely kind and empathetic when delivering sad news...I was diagnosed with ureaplasma and the staff neglected to call and inform my husband and I for over a month. I was told later during a visit and my husband and I were placed antibiotics...
How was your experience with Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Jung Choe is kind, sweet, patient, knowledgeable and experienced. She shows a genuine interest, has a wonderful bedside manner. She understands and has told me that her job is to be there for me as her patient. She called me personally to deliver results and has gone out of her way to be available to me. I trust her years of expertise and even moreso her understanding and gentle nature.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Listen and ask questions, Dr. Choe is a wealth of knowledge and kindness.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Jung Choe took and continues to take a personal interest in my treatment. She is in the office one week a month yet has been sure to be present for my sonohysterography procedures and made sure to be the one to head my laparoscopy. She is kind and takes the time to go over each detail of my treatment. She shows me diagrams and answers each question I have. She lightens the mood and I feel she genuinely cares about me as a person and my reason for seeing her in the first place. I trust her years of expertise would only guide her to give me the best treatement and best advice moving forward even if it means to stop treatment at some point.
Describe the protocols Jung Kyo Choe used in your cycles at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Jung Choe requested a full diagnostic workup of me and my husband. She said that we should start with IUI considering the results from the previously performed hysterosalpingogram (HSG) (by a different doctor) and sonohysterogram (performed by a different doctor). After 6 failed attempts it was deemed that my cervix was too acidic and to try a baking soda douche. And, then to perform the hysterosalpingogram and sonohysterogram. She decided during surgery that my fallopian tubes were too diseased to keep and removed them both along with massive scar tissue found from my c-section from my daughter in 2014, and some cysts on my ovaries that she said one was of the largest she has seen. She suggested a few months recovery and then a retrieval and transfer. She was present for the egg retrieval. They retrieved 5 and out of those 5, 3 fertilized. They transferred 3 on cycle day 3. It was not a successful transfer. However, knowing that I am positive for the MTHFR gene and Rh- (A-), she advised my seeing a rheumatologist to help in directing my treatment moving forward with future IVF procedures. I am currently on meds again for another transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Jessie and Jackie)
Nurses Jessie and Kathy are very well versed in their craft. They have a wonderful disposition and bedside manner, extremely kind and empathetic when delivering sad news. Nurse Jessie could do with being a little more specific when giving instructions, but otherwise she is fantastic. She certainly answers all questions and is more than helpful in solving the problems that might arise during my treatment.
The administrative front desk staff as a whole could use being a bit more kind, friendly and understanding. They are also not always the most patient. Though when you get them one-on-one they seem to be sweeter. The billing staff is great overall, though not always the most forthcoming with information, you need to ask them specifically for information concerning credits owed to you. The ultrasound technicians sometimes seem a little miserable, but they are genuinely nice women and super understanding of how to make you feel comfortable. The office Phlebotomists are super nice and very efficient. Other than that, the office is clean and the rules posted make sense to make women undergoing fertility treatment feel comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jung Kyo Choe at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I think the costs are extremely reasonable compared to what I know other friends to have paid for the same procedures. I pay out of pocket for IVF, outside of ultrasounds and bloodwork. I can not afford to try IVF more than twice, but had the costs not have been cut in half in the first place I would only have been able to afford to have IVF done once.
Describe Jung Kyo Choe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I left eSET vs. multiple embryo transfer in Dr. Choe's very capable hands.
What specific things went wrong at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
I was diagnosed with ureaplasma and the staff neglected to call and inform my husband and I for over a month. I was told later during a visit and my husband and I were placed antibiotics. We were also told that it only mattered because we were going through IUI and otherwise they do not test for it or treat it. Also, during my IVF treatment, the nurse forgot to call in a full prescription of antibiotics for me during the same day. She did end up calling it in 2 days later and after speaking with her, she was aware that she did not do it and apologized. She knew that I had enough to get me through for the extra day.
Jung Kyo Choe

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Check sits down with you for as LONG as it takes to answer all your questions, reassure you that you're not damaged goods and does the most thorough exam on you all while getting your results stat and making funny jokes...You may not see him at every visit but if you need/ want to speak with him, the staff will set it up immediately...uses adderall and Lupron for implantation which I like...He specializes in hormonal disorders and is really against over-medicating. He has a more natural starting approach...only downside is his office is very self-directed
The nursing staff [at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is wonderful and they are there at all times for you, even on Facebook!! They never make you feel stupid or silly for wanting to come in and be seen. Some of the front desk staff and ultrasound techs could use a little compassion and people skills...If you donate half your eggs in a cycle, your cycle is free. A regular cycle cost $4,600 plus meds. An IUI cycle is $435 plus meds and monitoring
Dr. Check is all the compassion and hope you'd expect from your fertility Dr. The only downside is his office is very self-directed. For a rookie, this office might be a little confusing. You may not see him at every visit but if you need/ want to speak with him, the staff will set it up immediately. I feel like he is always available.
For any fertility rookie, ask your nurses A LOT of questions so you know what the plan is.
Dr. Check sits down with you for as LONG as it takes to answer all your questions, reassure you that you're not damaged goods and does the most thorough exam on you all while getting your results stat and making funny jokes. He is a kind and gentle man.
Dr. Check uses adderall and Lupron for implantation which I like; anything that can give me a boost I am down to try. He specializes in hormonal disorders and is really against over-medicating. He has a more natural starting approach.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff is wonderful and they are there at all times for you, even on Facebook!! They never make you feel stupid or silly for wanting to come in and be seen. Some of the front desk staff and ultrasound techs could use a little compassion and people skills.
Strengths- wonderful doctor and nurses, they give you hope and are compassionate. Their office is very mom-and-pop style. Weaknesses- some rude front desk staff and technicians. This is a self-directed office that is perfect if you're frequent flyer but may be hard for beginners.
Dr. Check has the BEST IVF programs and prices around. If you donate half your eggs in a cycle, your cycle is free. A regular cycle cost $4,600 plus meds. An IUI cycle is $435 plus meds and monitoring.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I never doubted he was absolutely brilliant and a leader in his field. He is funny, and as someone who needs a little humor I appreciated it. He seems to care immensely about the financial aspect of infertility. But you don't often get to see him. I only saw Dr Check once during the initial consultation. he does a post coital test. From what I have heard not many doctors do this. By doing this simple test they discovered my cervical mucus was killing all of the sperm. The fix was an easy douche of water and baking soda once a month. Everyone though this was insane but it worked. I was prescribed medication for the hyperthyroidism. Each cycle was close monitoring to watch for ovulation, followed by progesterone (he seems very keen on progesterone) and a Lupron shot one week after ovulation.
There were 2 main nurses. [at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] I found that once I got to know them a bit they were awesome. I sometimes felt like I had to slow them down to ask questions but they were always happy to answer. They were the best. Seriously made the whole thing easier and once they got to know me I felt like they were cheering me on. Same for the pregnancy nurse Becky.
He's often described as a mad scientist. I never doubted he was absolutely brilliant and a leader in his field. He is funny, and as someone who needs a little humor I appreciated it. He seems to care immensely about the financial aspect of infertility. But you don't often get to see him.
Get to know everyone else in the office. You will deal with them, not Dr Check as much.
I only saw Dr Check once during the initial consultation. After that you are shuffled along the process. It got better once I got to know the nurses and techs and unserstood the process better. You sort of have to trust that he is overseeing everything and will take you to the next step as needed.
This is a big one for me: he does a post coital test. From what I have heard not many doctors do this. By doing this simple test they discovered my cervical mucus was killing all of the sperm. The fix was an easy douche of water and baking soda once a month. Everyone though this was insane but it worked. I was prescribed medication for the hyperthyroidism. Each cycle was close monitoring to watch for ovulation, followed by progesterone (he seems very keen on progesterone) and a Lupron shot one week after ovulation.
There were 2 main nurses. I found that once I got to know them a bit they were awesome. I sometimes felt like I had to slow them down to ask questions but they were always happy to answer. They were the best. Seriously made the whole thing easier and once they got to know me I felt like they were cheering me on. Same for the pregnancy nurse Becky.
It will seem overwhelming in the beginning. Do not be afraid to ask questions, even if you have to keep them on the phone longer or call them back.
I was incredibly lucky. My insurance wad amazing. That being said, during my first appointment I received a large chart of the cost for everything and it seemed to be far more reasonable than I have heard of others paying. I also saw a lot of messaging about them trying to make treatments as reasonable as possible for patients.
When I had my miscarriage I had to decide between a D&c and to use med to pass it myself. It was an incredibly emotional and horrifying time for me. I first spoke with Dr Check and was set on the surgery. But then I consulted with an OB (in Dr Check's own office) and I felt incredibly pushed to passing it at home. He scared me about the chance of scarring and not ever being able to have children. I asked him what the chances were of that and I will never forget his answer: "well 100% if it happens to you" I was terrified and decided against the surgery. It wasn't until Dr Check called me back later that evening and graciously spoke to me for awhile that I better understood the pluses and minuses of both and switched back to the surgery. I'm so happy I did. I was upset by the confusing and contradictory messaging during an awful time.

2015 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Check] treated me like an individual. Felt like my treatment was created for only me. Didn’t feel like it was an infertility factory where every case is treated the same.... He cared for my health not just infertility. He is kind, smart and takes costs into consideration which is a big factor when you seek infertility care with no infertility insurance. His costs were the lowest, but his knowledge is better then the higher prices, fancy fertility clinics.
Strengths [ of Cooper Institute for Advanced Repro Med]: more affordable, knowledgeable doctor, thinking outside the box treatments, published many papers. Cons: can be waiting for doctor for 2-3 hours. Sometimes receptionists are not in a good mood. Talk about personal information in front of waiting room... Always called back the same day and answered all questions. Asked doctor questions if she didn’t have the answer. She always called back the same day with answer.
You will becomes pregnant with his help. Just have faith and patience.
He treated me like an individual. Felt like my treatment was created for only me. Didn’t feel like it was an infertility factory where every case is treated the same.
I didn’t have any reactions to ivf meds. Gonal-f, menopour, Ganerelix, Norvel, progesterone in oil, progesterone, suppositories, Estrace. The progesterone in oil shots hurt. Need to use a large needle. Nurses marked where I needed to inject shot. Overall it wasn’t bad and if I had the funds I would do it again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Kathy)
Strengths: more affordable, knowledgeable doctor, thinking outside the box treatments, published many papers. Cons: can be waiting for doctor for 2-3 hours. Sometimes receptionists are not in a good mood. Talk about personal information in front of waiting room
For ivf it’s 4250 plus blood and ultrasound $1600 Fet: $3250 plus 800 for blood and ultrasound.
Describe Jerome Check's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine.
He wanted to transfer 2 day 3 embryos. I didn’t want twins. I transferred 1 day 3. It was a negative pregnancy test
Houston

You will know exactly where you stand [with Dr. Check]. The information comes fast but he knows what he’s doing. It’s all about the outcome of a child -not his percentages. I really cannot recommend him enough...I had a short literal phase. I was on hormones to lengthen it...He believed I didn’t even need IVF but after a few years of going through infertility with other doctors, I was impatient. I ended up having IVF with Dr Check (using my own egg) one time resulting in a pregnancy and ultimately a beautiful, healthy daughter...
I spent less than $2000 for IVF [at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] which is still incredible to me...It was hectic.The nurses are brusk. They have a lot to do but yet weren’t unfriendly and they were great about always bringing up ways to save me money. It wasn’t about the clinic for me. It was all about the doctor... the clinic itself does feel like your a number but when you are with Dr. Check, he is completely focused on you. He will answer every question including many you don’t think to ask.
Dr Check is brilliant. I know it sounds hyperbolic but he really is. He took me when no one else would. I traveled across the country to work with him along with women from all over the world. He was always trying to save me money and explain exactly what was happening. He was so ahead of what other doctors were doing. I was told by other doctors that I would need to use donor eggs period. He enabled me to use my own egg and I was pregnant after 1 IVF cycle.
You will know exactly where you stand. The information comes fast but he knows what he’s doing. It’s all about the outcome of a child -not his percentages. I really cannot recommend him enough.
Sooo, the clinic itself does feel like your a number but when you are with Dr. Check, he is completely focused on you. He will answer every question including many you don’t think to ask.
I had a short literal phase. I was on hormones to lengthen it. If you can get the literal phase to go past 11 days, the viability of the egg is much improved. He believed I didn’t even need IVF but after a few years of going through infertility with other doctors, I was impatient. I ended up having IVF with Dr Check (using my own egg) one time resulting in a pregnancy and ultimately a beautiful, healthy daughter.
They were from New Jersey. It’s different than the Midwest and South where I’ve lived so they seemed brisk but I wasn’t there for the nurses.
I spent less than $2000 for IVF which is still incredible to me.

2014, Successful
Dr. Chuong & staff made me feel very comfortable in a not great situation. The worked with me and showed compassion and care. They gave there opinions but ultimately let my husband and I make the decisions...Dr. James Chuong is a great doctor and know what he is doing. He made me feel comfortable and well aware of the process and procedure he was doing. He doesn't beat around the bush and he takes his job very serious...Ask questions, he will answer any question you have. I asked him so many and he never had a problem with answering them.
[Cooper Institute for Adv Repr Med] Strengths - They know what they are doing, they are very compassionate, they answer all your questions and concerns, they are gentle and nice, the are understanding, amazing prices for services, they do every procedure in office in there lab Weaknesses - Sometimes a little slow on getting back to you...She [nurse] was amazing! She always kept in touch with, contacted me numerous times to check on me. Answered so many of my questions and concerns. If I was nervous, scared, emotional, upset she always had the right words to make me feel better. She really became a friend to us.
I took Birth control pills, then started Lupron injections. Went in for multiple ultrasounds and bloodwork. I then took Menopur & Bravelle as my stimulation drugs. I then had my trigger shot before my retrieval. After Transfer I took progesterone in oil & progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Antionette C.)
She was amazing! She always kept in touch with, contacted me numerous times to check on me. Answered so many of my questions and concerns. If I was nervous, scared, emotional, upset she always had the right words to make me feel better. She really became a friend to us.
I would estimate around $13,000.00
James Chuong
2020, Unknown Success
The first appointment [with Dr. Check] was just a consultation but I ended up getting so much done and even a diagnosis...I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and he prescribed me medicine to help with it. He prescribed me thyroid medicine for hyperthyroidism. My progesterone was low so I am on progesterone. Monitored me very closely. It is possible that my egg is not releasing so if pregnancy wasn't achieved this month I will have hcg injection next month...He took time with me and listened. He ran tests that I hadn't had done by another doctor and explained things well. He gave me a lot of research he had done on a drug that would help my endometriosis which made me feel well informed!
The [nurses at Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] are so helpful and they truly care. They monitor you closely and are always easy to reach with any questions! Very friendly!...The clinic is very welcoming and professional. It is very organized and they are helpful when you are new and don't know how things work. My one and only complaint would be the billing/ payment side is a little odd. Not bad just not like most doctors offices so that takes some getting use to...With Dr. Check I feel cared for. The first appointment was just a consultation but I ended up getting so much done and even a diagnosis. They want to get you pregnant!
Dr. Check didn't waiste time figuring out why I was experiencing infertility. He took time with me and listened. He ran tests that I hadn't had done by another doctor and explained things well. He gave me a lot of research he had done on a drug that would help my endometriosis which made me feel well informed!
Be ready to get answers!
I have been to another specialist that I felt didn't pay attention or monitor me enough and also didn't properly diagnose me. I felt that if you weren't doing ivf they didn't care about you. With Dr. Check I feel cared for. The first appointment was just a consultation but I ended up getting so much done and even a diagnosis. They want to get you pregnant!
Husbands sperm was check and it was great. I was diagnosed with Endometriosis and he prescribed me medicine to help with it. He prescribed me thyroid medicine for hyperthyroidism. My progesterone was low so I am on progesterone. Monitored me very closely. It is possible that my egg is not releasing so if pregnancy wasn't achieved this month I will have hcg injection next month.
The are so helpful and they truly care. They monitor you closely and are always easy to reach with any questions! Very friendly!
Houston
[Dr. Jerome Check] took his time and showed research as to why my tubes needed to be removed as to just recommending them to be removed...makes me feel like he's going to try his hardest to make sure that I have a baby...very thorough and comforting and understanding and explained everything...very optimistic about my chances and it made me feel comforted in hopeful again...
[Cooper Institute for Advanced Reproductive Medicine] is a little dated and could use some clearing out old artifacts possibly but other than that it was a clean...first consultation we were there for probably three hours versus a quick in and out...[Dr. Jerome Check] takes their time to talk to you and explain everything...Everyone was very friendly and gave a homey feel...IVF procedure would be like $4,000 the medication would be 2500 and because my insurance doesn't cover anything concerning fertility
He was very thorough and comforting and understanding and explained everything thoroughly. I really only dealt with nurses thus far my treatment was canceled when everything was shut down due to the covid-19 pandemic but from what I've encountered he's very nice warm thorough and makes me feel like he's going to try his hardest to make sure that I have a baby.
He took his time and showed research as to why my tubes needed to be removed as to just recommending them to be removed
I haven't been through any Cycles yet but he was very optimistic about my chances and it made me feel comforted in hopeful again
Everyone was very friendly and gave a homey feel
The building in PA is a little dated and could use some clearing out old artifacts possibly but other than that it was a clean. And we on our first consultation we were there for probably three hours versus a quick in and out it was very thorough and it was very long. But I guess that's what you get when you have someone who is thorough and takes their time to talk to you and explain everything
The IVF procedure would be like $4,000 the medication would be 2500 and because my insurance doesn't cover anything concerning fertility IVF diagnostic testing or medication I have to pay for my ultrasound and my blood work out of pocket which will be another $2,000 so that grand total brings us to maybe 9000 but if I have other embryos Frozen that'll be another $2,000 for about that gear I may be a year-and-a-half before I have another transfer