Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
1700 Commerce Parkway
Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 11Don't recommend: 18.8
1 doctor
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
The clinic itself [Cooper Institute] is excellent nurses and doctors are great and very thorough which is what you want when you are going through this type of process. In my experience I can’t complaint about this clinic overall, everyone from doctors to front desk ladies are really nice and helpful. They always call you on time to give you results and to Inform you about your next step. They positive attitude keeps you going and that’s so important to us the patients.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
The clinic itself is excellent nurses and doctors are great and very thorough which is what you want when you are going through this type of process. In my experience I can’t complaint about this clinic overall, everyone from doctors to front desk ladies are really nice and helpful. They always call you on time to give you results and to Inform you about your next step. They positive attitude keeps you going and that’s so important to us the patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jerome Check at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
I felt like i was treated as a human because from nurses to doctors showed that they care for their patients and work along with them. Dr. Check and Dr. Choe show good side bed manners, you have questions or concerns they take their time to explain everything thoroughly. They make me feel comfortable and loved because they know this is not an easy path some of us go through trying to bring a baby in to ourlives. I love when I hear them say stay positive, have faith and don’t give up because we won’t on you. To me all those kind works means the world. I’ve been going through inferility treatments for over 7 years sometimes you do feel like giving up but something in my heart tells me not too. Hopefully one day my dream will come true which is to become a mother.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders. (Assigned nurse: Tabetha)
Tabetha is an excellent nurse, took good care of me very compassionate and always positive. Called in prescriptions on time m, very helpful.
How was your experience with Jerome Check at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Dr. Jerome Check is definitely a doctor I can recommend and can trust his words 100%. He is a very positive and caring doctor, he takes his time explaining everything throughoutly and can leave his clinic feeling positive and at peace.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jerome Check at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Stay positive and hopeful as I am. This is not an easy process but have faith that one day it’ll happen.
Describe the protocols Jerome Check used in your cycles at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders and their degree of success.
I used injections, suppositories and oral medications. Letrazole to make me ovulate, side effects only pain in Breast, nothing major. Hcg injections, mophur, no side effects. And vaginal suppositories which are progesterones in case pregnancy took place it’ll help the uterus wall to sustain pregnancy if conceived. No side affects on suppositories.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jerome Check at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
Per cycle: Per IUI- $400 Blood work and sonogram package for 6 visits $800 Progesterons suppositories for 2 weeks worth $100 Hcg injections $100 per Injection. Leprazole $25 for 5 pills
Describe Jerome Check's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
I never got to do any transfers, I’ve only tried IUI because that’s all I can afford.
Other, Unexplained
The nursing staff [Cooper Inst] can be somewhat off-putting in person depending on the day. However, they are always available via phone to answer questions. When calling with blood results, they give you the specific levels each time and explain them, which is wonderful!... The clinic is very old-fashioned and disorganized in its methods which seems off-putting at first. Everything is mainly paper-based, you have to fill out forms every time, and you have to get used to their way of doing things. The PA office has short hours and so trips to the NJ office are necessary sometimes which can be a pain.
Other, Unexplained
The clinic is very old-fashioned and disorganized in its methods which seems off-putting at first. Everything is mainly paper-based, you have to fill out forms every time, and you have to get used to their way of doing things. The PA office has short hours and so trips to the NJ office are necessary sometimes which can be a pain. It's worth it for the individualized level of care that you receive. They'll really do whatever they can to make the process as easy as possible otherwise.
Dr. Check has Friday night consults and makes home calls. He will sit with you for 1-2 hours to discuss your options and your feelings/opinions on treatment in extreme detail. He will try old-fashioned and "outside the box" methods and tests when the typical methods prove unsuccessful. For instance, he performed a postcoital test on us. Some clinics may call this outdated, but it shed light on our situation by revealing that my body may have been killing my husband's sperm all along. He's very anti-establishment and realistic and cares deeply about his patients' well-being.
The nursing staff can be somewhat off-putting in person depending on the day. However, they are always available via phone to answer questions. When calling with blood results, they give you the specific levels each time and explain them, which is wonderful!
Dr. Check is compassionate and thorough. He looked at our prior experience and tests and developed a specific, individualized plan. He monitors very often to ensure that he truly understands your cycle and its patterns, strengths, and downfalls. He performed tests such as the postcoital and identified problems that had never been considered in our prior experiences with othet clinics. In consults, he is aware of your individual struggles and history because he takes the time to know and understand you. He also communicates with his staff often and adjusts the plan as you go along. He listens to your concerns and takes them seriously.
Understand that while his methods seem a bit outdated and crazy, he cares about each individual person and will literally try anything within the realm of fertility care to get you pregnant.
Dr. Check immediately ruled out Clomid and Letrozole due to the fact that it can cause more problems than solutions. He also showed us that IUI success rates are not actually great for our situation since we had good sperm analysis results. He opted to have us try "natural cycles" with timed intercourse and progesterone. With the 1st cycle, he monitored so closely that they increased progesterone to ensure that my lining was perfect. With the 2nd cycle, they performed a postcoital test which showed mostly dead sperm. He added Mucinex to correct this, followed by another PC test which showed completely opposite and excellent results, meaning that my cervical mucus may have been the problem all along and that the Mucinex had thinned it out to allow sperm to pass through more easily and live longer. He also prescribed a Lupron injection each month along with an endometrial scratch to improve implantation conditions, as he believed this may also be the problem. In later cycles, he added more progesterone to hopefully improve things, and we had a chemical pregnancy on our 5th cycle with him. He also added Adderall on the 5th cycle on the chance that it can control "natural killer cells" which sometimes inhibit implantation. He showed us and explained the research for each treatment along the way. Though we still are not pregnant, he is fine tuning things and getting closer to identifying the underlying issues.
There are some copays for office visits. They really do what they can to make it as financially easy as possible, including medications and finding the cheapest and best resources available.
Unknown
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
[Cooper Institute] Clean, friendly, compassionate Very busy, only 2 locations and not easily accessible, some of the hours of operation...On the ball, well knowledgeable, compassionate nursing staff....Dr. Check is a unique, eccentric, well-established, knowledgeable, highly recommended man. I feel that I am in great hands with him and his staff...At the beginning my insurance was covering ultrasounds and bloodwork but for some reason now i am getting phones feom the billing dept about some denials they are recieving back from my insurance. I dont know if they changed the way the billing is coding things.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Being in the healthcare field and the office staff knows this.
On the ball, well knowledgeable, compassionate nursing staff.
Dr. Check is a unique, eccentric, well-established, knowledgeable, highly recommended man. I feel that I am in great hands with him and his staff. All of the nurses are extremely passionate and knowledgeable as to the next step and explain every procedure and labs results in detail.
Think outside the box and research all dr abd clinics before you decide
He started me on adderall, bloodwork, post coidal testing and ultrasound monitoring. First month just didnt happen. Second month egg showed not a good cycle thru bloodwork, call when you get your period. 3rd cycle ovulated way too soon (day 4) we still tried to make this cycle work but no go. 4th cycle started on ethanol estradiol for 10 days to suppress FSH, too high at start of cycle, then follistim once released, estrogen and progesterone vaginal suppositories 2x a day. 5th cycle same as 4th but with added progesterone oil injections then with negative preg test - endometrial scratch. 6th cycle same as 5th cycle also did another endometrial scratch- this time it hurt so bad i told them i would never get that procedure done again. Currently just about to end 7th cycle- doesnt look like it will end in a positive pregnancy test.
At the beginning my insurance was covering ultrasounds and bloodwork but for some reason now i am getting phones feom the billing dept about some denials they are recieving back from my insurance. I dont know if they changed the way the billing is coding things. I know my insurance hasnt changed, its been the same. As of today im waiting to hear back from the billing dept.
Not able to have IVF, my insurance doesn't cover it and any of the medications.
Mt. Laurel
Strengths [for Cooper Institute]- Dr. Check- His plan that he develops for you. He really cares about his patients. He is very understanding. Also, his IVF price rates are lower then most places. He really makes you feel like there is hope. Weakness- Wish we got to see Dr. Check more often. ... Endocrine Scratch Forgot the name of all the medications Egg Retrieval Egg Transfer 1x injection(forgot the name of medication) Progesterone suppositories
Strengths- Dr. Check- His plan that he develops for you. He really cares about his patients. He is very understanding. Also, his IVF price rates are lower then most places. He really makes you feel like there is hope. Weakness- Wish we got to see Dr. Check more often. New Patients- Schedule an appointment to see Dr. Jerome Check. He is a Great Doctor. He knows what he is talking about. He will develop a great care plan for you. Also his ivf price rates are lower then most other Doctors.
I felt like a human. They took there time with me and my husband. They explained everything step to us that we took next. They made us feel like we would be parents real soon. They made us feel like there is hope.
They were professional. They did exactly what they were supposed to do.
Dr. Jerome Check is a very nice guy. He is very understanding. We sat down and talked to Dr. Check for our consultation and he developed a plan for us. It was a good plan. I will say, that was the only time we seen Dr. Check. Everything else like my Endometrial Scratch, Egg Retrieval, and Egg Transfer was done by someone else (Dr.Chang). But even thou it wasn't successful, it was still a great experience.
Dr. Check knows what he is talking about. He is a good Doctor. Make sure when you set an a appointment for a consultation at Cooper, you set your appointment to see Dr. Check.
I believe I paid over $ 9,000.
No Comment
11 Eggs Frozen
While I was cycling [at the Cooper Institute] the nurses would call me back the same day of my monitoring to advise of any dosage changes and results. I was unable to communicate with them via email, which I would have preferred. My biggest issue was the lack of communication at the start of my second cycle.... The biggest strength of this clinic is the costs. Weaknesses are absolutely poor communication.
11 Eggs Frozen
The biggest strength of this clinic is the costs. Weaknesses are absolutely poor communication. The saying "you get what you pay for" applies!
My medical case is very unique but I was treated as a "normal" patient.
While I was cycling the nurses would call me back the same day of my monitoring to advise of any dosage changes and results. I was unable to communicate with them via email, which I would have preferred. My biggest issue was the lack of communication at the start of my second cycle.
What specific things went wrong at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Jerome Check is a peculiar man but seems to be very knowledgeable about infertility research. He does not nickle and dime his patients which I thoroughly appreciated. It is not easy to follow his train of thought but he does not rush his patients. I do think he cares about his patients but that does not translate to elevated care. The ONLY pros to seeing Dr. Check is 1) Cost and 2) knowledge of research.
Personally speak to all parties involved in your treatment BEFORE all procedures take place. Do not assume that the communication you expect to take place among your caregivers will happen without your intervention. Being your own advocate is not enough.
Because of my low/declining AMH and lack of insurance coverage, I was put on on mini-ivf, so my protocol consisted of lower doses of fertility drugs. Looking back, I am not confident that this was the right approach and if the Dr. had looked deeper into my overall health, I think he would have prescribed a different protocol. If Dr. Cho had been informed about my special case and adequately performed the egg retrieval, I would have been satisfied with the results, but due to lack of communication, only 5 mature eggs were retrieved of the 14+ measurable follicles I had. After a disappointing egg retrieval, we went forward with a second cycle. Again, due to poor communication, (it took me 3 days of calling the clinic to get someone to call me back) I started the second cycle late and missed out on the first couple of days of stimulation. The second round we had less follicles and retrieved 6 mature eggs. Not successful for a healthy 30 year old.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
I was a long distance patient and monitored off-site.
I think an egg retrieval cycle (excluding meds) costs ~$5k
We did not get to the embryo transfer stage.
Mt. Laurel
[The nurses at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders are] Simply amazing. Many have been patients with Dr, Check as well. Compassionate...Strengths: family community, quick communication, organization, hours, happy and inviting staff, continuous monitoring Weaknesses: haven’t found one yet! I was very pleased with my care from Day 1.if anything, having to fill out the blood and call back information papers at every visit.
Everyone there made me feel like family, like I was their only patient. Everything done with love in a timely manner.
Simply amazing. Many have been patients with Dr, Check as well. Compassionate.
Dr. Check’s work ethic and personality made him a great fit for us. We needed to smile, but also needed direction with a plan. The staff there are world class, and adore Dr, Check was well. I recommend him to anyone willing to listen!
Trust him.
Letrozole prior to IUI for 5 days ( I think to speed up follicle growth as my cycles were very long) Trigger shot for ovulation After IUI, progesterone injections daily. Prometrim and estrogen pills once a day. Endometrin inserts 3x daily. Menopur. One week after iui, Lupron shot for help with implantation. Throughout, continuous monitoring with blood work and ultrasounds. One week after iui, lining check.
All were covered by insurance. $10 co pay to see Dr. or nurse, but nothing for bloods or ultrasounds. Iui was $10
Na
2013 - 2017
12 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I have been thrilled with the nurses at Dr. Check's office [Cooper Institute], both in New Jersey and Melrose Park, PA. I was disappointed to see that one of the ultrasound techs had recently retired because she felt like family by the time I graduated to my OBGYN.... My IVF with Dr. Check was significantly less expensive than all other clinics that I researched (less than $5,000, including medicines).
2013 - 2017
12 IUI, 3 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I switched to Dr. Check after several years at another clinic that treated its patients with "heard medicine". Dr. Check was committed to finding a solution and to getting us pregnant. I felt respected, heard and cared for while a patient at Cooper.
I have been thrilled with the nurses at Dr. Check's office, both in New Jersey and Melrose Park, PA. I was disappointed to see that one of the ultrasound techs had recently retired because she felt like family by the time I graduated to my OBGYN.
Dr. Check can seem like an oddball. He is socially awkward and very brainy, but the care that I received at Cooper was wonderful. The nurses took time with me and never made the feel rushed. Everyone was warm and accommodating. Dr. Check was committed to finding out what was wrong and fixing it. If something was unsuccessful, it was evaluated and a new plan of action was created. I felt like everything was explained to me in a digestible manner.
Don't be put off by your surroundings. Dr. Check has a unique style, which translates to all of his offices. He can come off as odd, but he is brilliant, passionate and committed.
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Dr. Check's egg donation supervisor (Fran) was fabulous. She was very concerned about things going forward and we became familiar with each other. She knew the personal struggles I was having and tried to make the process as easy as possible. She left the clinic shortly after I delivered...The clinic was well organized and made the procedure easy. They recommended a local hotel to stay in after the procedure which provided transportation. The distance to travel was far for someone traveling alone.
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with your nurse at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders. (Assigned nurse: Fran)
Fran and I communicated by phone. I had the pleasure of meeting her only once. She had a small build and blond hair. Her smile was infectious. It was a pleasure to meet her.
Dr. Check was blunt and honest, which is exactly what I wanted. He told me exactly what to expect and how to proceed if I chose to move forward. He discussed the probability of conceiving and the procedure for fertilization and meds to help me conceive. After the initial visit, I did not see him again.
Go prepared to be told exactly what could happen.
Since I was advanced maternal age, Dr. Check told me on my first visit that I should choose donor egg for my cycles. I was already doing donor sperm, and if my objective was to have a child, donor egg would give me the best shot. I used injectable Gonal F, Estrogen suppositories and tablets, injections of progesterone.
Minimal as most was covered by my health coverage.
I never did a single transfer. I did two transfers with three embryo's each.
Mt. Laurel
[Cooper Inst] Strength - low cost ,easy access, Great positive dr with goal to get you pregnant Weakness- ivf nurses not informative with questions asked , one office ultrasounds tech is not receptive to any questions at all or nurturing Nj office was better with ultrasounds...Ivf nurses are not that informative but dr check is always available for questions and for them to ask for him...Personal phon calls and Managment by dr Jerome check himself
Personal phon calls and Managment by dr Jerome check himself
Not that informative about questions asked
Dr Jerome check is such a positive person despite any odds given to you by another clinic. He truly is there to help you get pregnant at the cheapest cost available ! He is open to all and any types of treatment you would like to try and does not dismiss any of your concerns or thoughts ! I have referred many people that all have gotten pregnant
Menopur 75-150 mg, gonal 75-150 mg mini ivf Latest is ministim/ natural then adding in gonal 75-150 with low dose hcg
About $6500 per cycle with my lab and ultra copays
Dr check allows single to 3 embryos
1 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Other
Clinic [Cooper Inst] is very busy. Receptionist is not personable. You have to be on top of things to get good care. You are responsible for your self. Do not expect to be spoon fed...[Nursing Staff] They are good.... They have lots of patients so it is hard for them to remember...I was treated like a human. Most of the nurses know my name, my case....[Cost Of Treatment] Very reasonable and they are very helpful.
1 IUI, IVF
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Other
Clinic is very busy. Receptionist is not personable. You have to be on top of things to get good care. You are responsible for your self. Do not expect to be spoon fed. Call and be persistent. I think that is it.
I was treated like a human. Most of the nurses know my name, my case.
They are good
Doctor Jerome was compassionate and very understanding of my health and financial situation. But I wish he can communicate more clearly and look at risk factors more closely for each patient. I had success with him but since I was doing natural cycle, he should have looked more closely into my tubes and encouraged me for an HSG. That would have eliminated my ectopic.
Know your case thoroughly. Research a lot about your situation and ask relevant questions. Be your own advocate. They have lots of patients so it is hard for them to remember.
All of my cycles I used ethinyl estradiol and provera/prometrium and regular monitoring. That is due to my high FSH. The cycles I ovulated they put me on Lupron shot progestrone and estrogen in the Luetal phase.
Very reasonable and they are very helpful.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
The nurses at the PA office [of Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders] arent the nicest. The NJ office is filled with great staff that is easy to talk to and very compassionate...PA office is like an old mansion. It was nice seeing pictures of family and hearing about the human side of Dr. Check. It’s old, but clean and well equipped. The NJ office is new, beautiful and big!...IVF were around 6k. VERY discounted compared to other clinics.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
He listened to my whole story, celebrated the good and made note of the bad. Was willing to try alternative treatments. And shared notes from each visit with me.
The nurses at the PA office arent the nicest. The NJ office is filled with great staff that is easy to talk to and very compassionate.
He made both my husband and I feel very comfortable and that each step is necessary and normal. He stayed after hours to discuss treatment and even consulted with me over the phone after I gave birth.
Make an appointment today!
Adderall to treat inflammation. Synthroid to treat hypothyroid. letrozole, ovidrel, and IUI. Progesterone starting right after ovulation.
My insurance covered my meds and IUI so it was $20. But the rates for others doing IVF were around 6k. VERY discounted compared to other clinics.
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
strength [of Cooper Institute]: very personable, small clinic, very approachable staff, Dr. Check is extremely competent and a gentleman, very open to women over 40. Doesn't just look at statistics to accept patients, finds solutions to enable you to use their clinic. Allows for splitting a donor egg cycle to offset your costs. weakness: far from NY...I opted for Donor Egg immediately as I was 40yo. I chose my own donor for the first procedure but it was unsuccessful. Thereafter I opted for a donor on their list. They have an open format so you can see pictures of their donors along with a medical history. I liked this. The cycle was successful!
1 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality
strength: very personable, small clinic, very approachable staff, Dr. Check is extremely competent and a gentleman, very open to women over 40. Doesn't just look at statistics to accept patients, finds solutions to enable you to use their clinic. Allows for splitting a donor egg cycle to offset your costs. weakness: far from NY
Adored Dr. Jerome Check, took a very personal approach, took time to assess and plan a course of action. Was available anytime to discuss my case.
very personable and helpful
Adored Dr. Check. Treated like a human being. He was so knowledgeable and helpful. He was extremely welcoming. I did a lot of research so I went in prepared. He is very analytical and appreciates a reciprocal effort if you do your homework beforehand. He answered all of my questions in detail.
Do your research and come prepared to ask pertinent questions.
costs were within reason