Melrose Park
Melrose Park, PA 19027
1700 Commerce Parkway
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054

IUI With Other Docs
He [Dr. Chang] is very genuine, factual, thorough, educational, answers questions, gives medical guidance and sound advice to make appropriate medical decisions. He treats you like he wants you to have a family and is going to help you get there.... He is a professional who cares and is in his profession to help women become a mother.... educated, compassionate, trustworthy, informative, will answer questions, thorough, knowledgeable, is interested in giving you the information needed to make a good choice to achieve pregnancy
The founding doctor is the clinic's [Cooper Institute] greatest strength. The other doctors are it's strength. However, the operations of the clinic is it's weakness. The clinic's back office staff are not organized, communicative, honest, caring, or assigned to a particular patient and they do not follow up or through on any form of communication. It seems that patient files are not electronic and no one ever has your file in front of them when they speak
How was your experience with Eric Chang at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Dr. Chang-educated, compassionate, trustworthy, informative, will answer questions, thorough, knowledgeable, is interested in giving you the information needed to make a good choice to achieve pregnancy and a baby. My experience so far, has been great with Dr. Chang.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Eric Chang at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Ask what you need to know to enable you to make your decisions. He is a professional who cares and is in his profession to help women become a mother.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Eric Chang at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
He is very genuine, factual, thorough, educational, answers questions, gives medical guidance and sound advice to make appropriate medical decisions. He treats you like he wants you to have a family and is going to help you get there.
Describe the protocols Eric Chang used in your cycles at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders and their degree of success.
It is too early. I am at preliminary stages of care and not at treatment yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
I have not done treatments yet. The nurses I have spoken to on the phone, I would say 1 has been thorough, helpful, empathetic, and helpful in answering questions and getting me to the next step. Many other nurses told me things about trying to obtain a medication that were not true. I had gotten a prescription and the specialty pharmacy the clinic gave me said the med was unavailable indefinitely. I called 50 pharmacy's nationwide and they all said the same thing. The nurses said other patients got the med. So I felt like they were just giving me the run around. I have to say that after 3 months of me trying to get the med, finally one nurse place a call to the same specialty pharmacy I spoke with and they said the drug was now available. I was so distraught, I gave up on that form of treatment. I had wasted 3 to 4 months chasing a ghost. So, I don't really understand the nurses.
Describe your experience with Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
The founding doctor is the clinic's greatest strength. The other doctors are it's strength. However, the operations of the clinic is it's weakness. The clinic's back office staff are not organized, communicative, honest, caring, or assigned to a particular patient and they do not follow up or through on any form of communication. It seems that patient files are not electronic and no one ever has your file in front of them when they speak to you so they don't/can't answer questions and get you to the next step. Technology and training are needed and maybe some people who treat customers with disrespect hanging up on them should look for another line of work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Eric Chang at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
I have not had my cycle yet. So I am still trying to determine this.
Describe Eric Chang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
I do not know this clinic's opinion.
What specific things went wrong at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders.
I explained everything in the prior questions. The doctors are great. The operations of the business needs to be changed and improved.
Eric Chang

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
I adore Dr. Chang. He has been a great communicator. My situation is very rare and from my research and time at other clinics before this, I do think I am at the right practice for my situation. I'm 30 with a diminished reserve, low AMH and high FSH with low LH. Dr. Chang is younger and seems to explain things better for me.... So while at this practice I have been in the care of 3 out of the 4 doctors in the practice. Dr. Check has only consulted on my case
It would be helpful is each patient had a "go-to" nurse. Here [Cooper Institute for Reproductive Hormonal Disorders], you're rotated. I can't tell you how many times the ultrasound tech asked me "only menopur?" and I had to re-explain the situation. It's taxing. Some of the nurses are sweet while others hate being there I think. When they deliver bad news, they offer condolences but no next steps. If patients were assigned to one nurse, the nurse could consult the doctor before calling the patient.
So while at this practice I have been in the care of 3 out of the 4 doctors in the practice. Dr. Check has only consulted on my case. I adore Dr. Chang. He has been a great communicator. My situation is very rare and from my research and time at other clinics before this, I do think I am at the right practice for my situation. I'm 30 with a diminished reserve, low AMH and high FSH with low LH. Dr. Chang is younger and seems to explain things better for me. The nurses, eh. There are good ones and not so good ones. I love the girls who take my blood. Overall, the nurses could do a better job greeting people or explaining appointments, etc when new patients come to the clinic. I once "got in trouble" for having a full blatter at an ultrasound, but I had got to the bathroom. I almost bit the tech's head off (injectables! haha) Overall, no one explained the entire process to me when I was first diagnosed. I was so overwhelmed. They could have done better job, consoling me or offering therapy options to deal with the situation.
Ask for a consult with Dr. Chang or Dr. Cohen instead of Dr. Choe. Dr. Check is very smart. He was one of the first researchers in this field, but the delivery of Dr. Chang is better than Dr. Choe from my experience.
The way the waiting room is set up and ultrasounds are administered seems like a cattle call, especially in the morning before work. Many of the nurses are apathetic, but not rude. You can't call your nurse directly, you have to leave a message and someone calls you back.
Because of my situation, I was unable to do IUIs. My insurance wouldn't let me do IVF without having 3 failed IUIs first. The doctor advocated for me by writing a letter. After that, we tried a combo of Menopur and Follistem injections. I created 2 eggs which were retrieved but did not fertilize. The next month, we only did Menopur. I created ovarian cysts. The following month, Dr. Chang increased the amount of Menopur I was taking. I created 4 eggs, 2 were retrieved. 1 fertilized and did not implant.
It would be helpful is each patient had a "go-to" nurse. Here, you're rotated. I can't tell you how many times the ultrasound tech asked me "only menopur?" and I had to re-explain the situation. It's taxing. Some of the nurses are sweet while others hate being there I think. When they deliver bad news, they offer condolences but no next steps. If patients were assigned to one nurse, the nurse could consult the doctor before calling the patient.
Strengths - The lead doctor is backed by knowledge and proof. He has been researching and writing white pages on fertility treatments for decades. The practice is a boutique firm handling the most unique cases. My Primary Care Physician speaks highly of the practices. The Younger doctors in the practice have good bedside manner. Weaknesses - Staff is sometimes not the most polite.
The IVF cycle out of pocket expense cost us about $6000-$7000 each time. The first cycle, our meds were covered by insurance. At that point we met the "lifetime" max for meds. Which is funny. The actually IVF is covered, but the meds to get me there aren't. Menopur is approximately $80 per vial (I have a great pharmacist!) but I will be taking 4 vials day to stim - and that does not include the gonal or other meds like the premarin/provera to bring on my period to even start the cycle. Plus estrogen, endometrium, etc.
The embryologist at this location is great. She always explains things in lames terms to us. With that said, I have never had the opportunity to transfer more than 1 embryo and cannot comment on that.
During my second IVF, I created cists and not eggs. The office put me on a birth control that was awful. I broke out in awful eczema and my face swelled pretty badly. I believe it was an allergic reaction to this pill.
Eric Chang