CORM

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
2344 Dowlen Road
Pearland, TX 77584
281.332.0073
1015 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CORM to a friend?
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
[CORM] Strength ...they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm .... my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time... . Communication and overall explanation is very poor...They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strength - overall I fell better there than the previous clinic as you see smiley faces and they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm . Also I can’t atress enough but DR SCHNELL has to be more upfront and involved . She is like this invisible hand moving things so you always have to guess is it her or Rns directions ... just not comforting at all
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Scnhell is not exactly th most responsive person . Her bedside manners lack any sympothy and I feel like was rushed through every appointment I had . Also I only seen her twice to chat during the whole process from November 2017 till end of March 2018. He whole clinic is run by Rn’s and BCN’s who are nice but don’t have the same knowledge as a Dr would .
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica matches Dr schnell personality . She sometimes very warm and some days I am scared to ask any questions and some I don’t even get to see her and BCN for Dr Perfetto subs for her . They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any . For example my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I think as I mentioned before she is very brash and seems to be uncaring . I only went to see her because of a friend recommendation who got pregnant with her on IUI cycle but misscary later on . I wish she would meet with the patients more often or even check how ones doing . It is a grueling process and it nice to see that someone whom you just paid (not directly ) $$$$$$ would care to ring you and ask how things are going . Instead you play cat and mouse game of calling a triage line and waiting for a nurse to call back . If you have an emergency question like I had you wait for hours for someone to haves mercy and call you back . They always do but a lot of the time I was on the brick of a nervous breakdown or simply annoyed with that practice . As I said I feeel like she should show her face more . Once she saw me getting a blood work done I felt like she almost run away after seeing me . May be it is just her and being awkward with people but I know if I invest all I have financially and emotionally I need to see the same from the Dr as well . Well she ain’t that
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Go elsewhere , I am trying Perfetto next and after that a different clinic in different state . Houston doesn’t really have a good fertility clicnic. This is my second one .
Describe the protocols Vicki Schnell used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
She first saw me in November after my failed IUI attempts at another clinic . She set things straight as weather we do more invasive IUI with injection previously only done with clomid or we go for IVF . Since my coverage was starting in January we decided to go agead and wait a few months prepping for the best IVF outcomes . Bunch of tests were ordered some used from the previous clinic like genetic testing. My man and FSH . Firstly in January my FSH was super high and no one wanted to admit but from what I know it is due to overdose of clomid at first clinic . So naturally it went down the next cycle and thank god to wheatgrass shots . So we started our journey - ultrasounds more blood work. Estrogen priming . Baseline showers a giant cyst . Set back . She put me on birhcontrol . Btw when I said she I mean nurses I have not talked to her ever since that November appointment . Cyst was gone the next cylcle and I stared my injections . Gonal-250 am and pm micro HCG pm hen after 7-8 days I think Cetrotite so 4 injections total . Ultrasounds , blood work etc . And a trigger shot which somehow my nurse filled in and out inside the gonal f box and I tossed it as I couldn’t see it . I had paniclalg called the clinic on a day of a trigger to find a replacement . Dr called me after almost 2 hours and couldn’t say much but sorry . Thank god I had an extra ovidrel from my last IUI so I triggered with that
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Since my insurance paid some amount we are still in the process of submitting and approving claims . So far we have paid 4K but expecting more
Describe Vicki Schnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
I don’t think she ever said anything like that but nurse was saying one at a time
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The nurses [at CORM] were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor... The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number...If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CORM.
The Center of Reproductive Medicine is located in an office building in the outer parts of the medical center in Houston, Texas. The clinic is very nice and clean. The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number. If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am. You give a urine sample first, get bloodwork drawn (a full panel). Another nurse comes in and asks about any and all medical history that you may have, your partner, your parents and siblings. The third nurse prepares all of your information for the doctor. Once the doctor comes in she evaluates and gathers more information from you to come up with a plan of action. The doctor then has another nurse with her to complete a full evaluation and an ultrasound to see what is going on. . It is very comfortable, quiet and relaxing. Also, Snacks and water are given upon request. The only downside is the fee for parking.
Moment I walked in the office I was greeted and asked to sign in. Once I signed in I was called by name and spoke with at least 3 people during my visit. They were all personable, attentive and kind. They ensured they knew my previous information before speaking with me so we didn't have to waste time explaining anything. I feel very comfortable here. I am mostly appreciative that I am heard and Dr. Schnell, along with the nurses and all office workers, show empathy.
The nurses were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is very kind and understanding. It is very obvious she has an extensive amount of experience helping people achieve their reproductive goals. She is attentive and very honest. I really appreciate her. I am very comfortable speaking with her about anything I am experiencing and she never brushes off my concerns. I am always given her undivided attention and my appointment is never rushed.
Prospective patients should listen to her advice and guidance. Feel free to trust her because she will do what is in your best interest.
I am in the early stages. After my first appointment Dr. Schnell noticed that I had Uterine Fibroids and recommended I have the 5 uterine fibroids removed via laparoscopic myomectomy. During surgery she also completed a hysteroscopy. While in surgery she noticed that my fallopian tubes were fused together. She was able to open them. Unfortunately, I am left with scarred tubes making it hard for an egg to maneuver its way to my uterus. The only option now is IVF. This is the only way for me to conceive. The first step was for me attending an IVF seminar. Dr. Schnell is now waiting for me to get started with treatments. My only hold up is accessing the funds to begin the next steps. While we wait she gave me a calendar to mark ovulation. I take my body temperature the same time every month and I chart the start and end of my cycle. I must continue to do this until it I am prepared to begin the IVF process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Bloodwork- depends on panel office visit- normal insurance copy Laparoscopic Myomectomy Dr Fee after insurance-$850.00 Hospital Fee- $1800.00 Post-Op Visits- $300.00
During the IVF Seminar I was made aware that the clinic only does single embryo transfer.
Houston
The clinic [CORM in Webster] is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff...She [Dr. Vicki Schnell] overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing o
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff.
The overall staff at CORM are warm and friendly, and Dr. Schnell is for the most part, too. However, when it came to presenting results of our genetic testing, she told us about our multiple embryo abnormalities of our genetically tested blast with a very cheery tone over the phone after leaving a cheery voicemail that they were in, which was not supportive and quite upsetting for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
My primary nurse was really compassionate but often anxious, which added to the stress of the cycle.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is knowledgeable about her field and overall supportive, and I know that she has helped a lot of people, including others I know, especially younger friends. She always took time to answer all of our questions and was overall timely. However, she was somewhat disorganized. She would sometimes go over blood work and sometimes not. At times, I had to ask her to review it with us. Once she had blood work results back for two weeks and saw that she wanted to add a medication once she reviewed them but it was two weeks after the results were available on our portal. She overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing on sperm. She also had no knowledge about certain protocols potentially helping and went to look them up in the middle of our meeting...the same protocol I had success with at another clinic later. It also turns out that the other clinic found that we had a significant sperm issue as well. When I asked how she felt about us getting a second opinion, she stated that she preferred we do so within her practice.
Do your research on IVF and other treatments so you can ask informed questions throughout the process.
We did IVF, priming with birth control, and we used micro dose Ovidrel, Ganirelix, Follistim, and a trigger shot. We had far fewer eggs retrieved than anticipated and only had one abnormal blast. The rest of the embryos arrested after day three (after looking great on day three).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Monitoring appointment were efficiently run.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our insurance had a contract with them which was wonderful. We had only a few thousand in out of pocket costs.
Other, Unexplained
They [staff at CORM] offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot...All of her nurses were very kind but I remember one in particular. She was very compassionate. My husband had just started a new job and couldn't take off to make the appt so I went alone. I wasn't expecting bad news. She was very patient with me as I cried while trying to take in all the information.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
I can't really say any bad about this place. Everyone was really nice and seemed to enjoy their work. Billing was explained thoroughly. I signed in on their computer and was seen within 5 to 10 minutes of arriving.
Her and her staff were very kind. They offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She was very timely. I was able to speak to her within 10 to 15 mins. She was also very thorough. It was a lot of information to process and she made a point to stop here and there to make sure I didn't have any questions.
None really. I feel like she takes care of her patients and I'd just let them know that.
We have done a few test. Blood, cultures, the ultrasound and the hsg test which found I had scarring and low AMH for my age. Our next plan of action is insemination or in vitro.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our first appointment was almost covered completely by our insurance. Only had to pay out of pocket 90. Then my husband unexpectedly lost his job so the next visit was 600
We haven't talked about it. I suppose we would talk about it once my husband and I have saved the money needed for the procedure.
Beaumont
It’s smaller practice [CORM Houston] so they don’t have as many locations as some other Houston clinics, but they are in the main areas...Their surgicenter is also in house at their clear lake locations... you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with CORM.
It’s smaller practice so they don’t have as many locations as some other Houston clinics, but they are in the main areas. After a bad experience at another practice we decided that we didn’t mind driving a bit more to get better care. Their surgicenter is also in house at their clear lake locations.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
dr perfetto is very pleasant and relatable. Always smiling, very listening, even joking and laughing when appropriate.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr perfetto and her whole staff are very nice to deal with. You get updates on your treatment at every step (especially during the embryo development phase) their nursing staff and embryology staff are kind and awesome to deal with. Infertility is stressful but I felt like CORM and Dr perfetto were making it easier. Also since it’s a smaller clinic than other juggernauts in Houston, you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Don’t be afraid. It is daunting to start seeking treatment when you cannot conceive but dr perfetto is really good at making you feel comfortable. She is totally invested in the care of her patients. Check out her Instagram and you will see for yourself.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
The doctors are their strength and some of the nurse team [at CORM]. The communication method feels cold at times and you can’t ever speak directly to your doctor unless you have a specific appointment with them. It makes it harder dealing with a middle man, and sometimes you just want to hear things from your doctor. Most of the staff is very compassionate and friendly...The FET nurse coordinator Beth is very caring and informative. The IVF coordinating nurse was not my favorite nurse there.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with CORM.
The doctors are their strength and some of the nurse team. The communication method feels cold at times and you can’t ever speak directly to your doctor unless you have a specific appointment with them. It makes it harder dealing with a middle man, and sometimes you just want to hear things from your doctor. Most of the staff is very compassionate and friendly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Crochet at CORM?
Because he explained things to my husband and I in a compassionate and understandjng way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
The FET nurse coordinator Beth is very caring and informative. The IVF coordinating nurse was not my favorite nurse there. She lacked compassion and empathy towards me.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crotchet is a great doctor. I wish that you were able to speak with him more directly without going through his nurses for most communication. As this often lead to more confusion due to there being a middle man. He also did not perform our egg retrieval like we were lead to believe so that was frustrating. But another doctor in the office did and was just as good. He has performed all my surgeries and has always been kind and informative to my husband and I. I was nervous having a male doctor but he has always treated me with respect and having a male doctor made him more relatable to my husband. He is a good doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Crochet at CORM?
He is a great doctor but be patient with his offices processes of communication, they can be frustrating.
Webster
I also liked they [CORM Houston] were able to provide payment plans for paying that helped us tremendously. No other clinic provides that. The clinic weakness I would say is the staff are not friendly.... For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinics strengths is dr prefetto she is very nice and always showed compassionate. I also liked they were able to provide payment plans for paying that helped us tremendously. No other clinic provides that. The clinic weakness I would say is the staff are not friendly.
Dr.Prefetto was very nice and compassionate dr and always answered our questions with honesty.
The nursing staff were not personable and were nice but not compassionate
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
De Prefetto was very seeet and always felt important although we weren’t successful she was very compassionate about everything. She tried to be there every step of the way and was very emotional the day the last embryo transfer was negative.
Do research on all possibilities for treatment. Also to get on social media there is many women in your shoes and are very supportive.
Describe the protocols Candice O'Hern Perfetto used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I don’t remember exactly but I was given medications for ovulation and had egg retrieval. For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.
Cost was lower then most other fertility clinics in Houston. They provided payment plans as well and no other clinic does
Describe Candice O'Hern Perfetto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
Dr transferred two the first time but was very specific of the pros and cons of transferring two
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The only thing I dislike is the new system they've [C.O.R.M-Clear Lake] implemented. You call and are connected to a call center who then has to transfer you to the clinic after you've explained why you called. It would be much easier to call the clinic directly to get my questions answered.... I've encountered several of the nurses and every single one has been incredibly sweet and kind. They are all so friendly.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The only thing I dislike is the new system they've implemented. You call and are connected to a call center who then has to transfer you to the clinic after you've explained why you called. It would be much easier to call the clinic directly to get my questions answered.
The first time I contacted dr crochet's office I was in tears, I had just been told that my second pregnancy was going to miscarry. I called his office and they actually worked me in that day. This is a very busy office that takes a couple weeks to get in yet he worked me in that day. Unfortunately there was nothing he could do to save our pregnancy but I felt that he understood our desperation and had us come in rather than treating us like a number.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I like that dr. Crochet handles delicate issues like weight compassionately. He was very kind in telling me it would be helpful to lose weight, he didn't make me feel 2 inches tall for being overweight. We may not leave happy each and every time we see him but we always leave armed with more knowledge and what we need to do for the next visit or treatment.
hes a great doctor, it may take a week or two to get in to see him but take that as a good sign. He's a great doctor.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
the entire staff [at CORM] always treats me with respect and understanding...All the staff were amazing and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable...The clinic is amazing new patients should know that young kids are not allowed in the office out of respect for those going through rough times. The clinic is beautiful and the staff tries their hardest to keep patients from waiting too long.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr. Schnell as well as the entire staff always treats me with respect and understanding.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell went above and beyond to help my husband and I. After any surgerical procedure she always call that evening and/or the next day sometimes twice to make sure I was doing ok. She took the time to sit down and explain things to my husband in great detail after any procedure. She would also give us her personal cell to call if there were any issues!
I tell everybody that they will love Dr. Schnell as well as all of the doctors and staff at CORM and to not be afraid to ask her questions. She always always takes the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand what’s going on.
We started out doing two outs woth ivf med protocols. We did this because my husband had zero issues and our issue was I did not always ovulate. After two rounds we decided to wait and save up for ivf while we were saving we became pregnant naturally.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
I do not remember exactly what the cost were. I want to say the actual iui was $400 and the monitoring etc was around $1200 but again I don’t remember exact details
2011 - 2015
They always called when they said they would, and were open to my getting a second opinion. They [the nurses] are knowledgable and keep everything super organized.
2011 - 2015
They always called when they said they would, and were open to my getting a second opinion. Also, they monitored me when I got pregnant naturally the month after my failed IVF. They personally called and got me in with the MFM that later saved my daughter during a high risk pregnancy. I wouldn't have gotten pregnant without Dr. Schnell's excellent surgical skills bc the lap she did helped me get pregnant naturally. She also monitored me again when I got pregnant naturally this year and miscarried, and was super compassionate as everyone at CORM was.
All of them have empathy. They cry with you when you have a loss and are happy for you when you have success. They are knowledgable and keep everything super organized. They call back when they say they will.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She is brilliant and always knows the research. I feel she has the best interest of patients at heart. One area of improvement would be taking time to explain why she does things more slowly.
She knows what she's doing and is through. Because she's not warm and fuzzy, don't interpret it as a lack of caring. She does care, but appears detached sometimes (she really isn't, though). You can trust her.
I can't remember the protocol but I think it was low dose Lupron, Gonal F. We were able to reach retrieval and transfer. We had two good quality embryos. Negative pregnancy test, but I did get pregnant the cycle after naturally, so overall it was successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
I think it was $15,000 for IVF, and another $15,000 for surgeries, etc.
Webster
The nursing staff [at CORM] was amazing they performed all blood draws and reviewed my next steps with me after every visit. Due to work I was always the first visit of the day and my Dr. may have been in a procedure so they said once he reviewed results they would call me as promised I would receive a call the same afternoon and would answer any and all questions that I had...The clinic is very strong in communication with you. They are so compassionate about the work they do. They definitely spend time on your individual protocol and adjust quickly as necessary to give you the hight chance of success
Describe your experience with CORM.
The nursing staff was amazing they performed all blood draws and reviewed my next steps with me after every visit. Due to work I was always the first visit of the day and my Dr. may have been in a procedure so they said once he reviewed results they would call me as promised I would receive a call the same afternoon and would answer any and all questions that I had.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet is very kind and very real with the chances we had with ivf. He preformed both my egg retrieval and my transfer. I would highly recommend him he was very proactive with my treatment and adjusted dosing as he saw needed.
If you want to see him face to face more request it. He is more than willjng to meet with you and answer questions you have other wise you are working with the nurses more
Webster
Office staff [at CORM] is not so great, however... not giving me a cycle schedule or Rx on my first IUI cycle until I protested in the office. Also nearly missed first IUI due to office not having my husband's bloodworm...Don't let them tell you "someone will call you" after on cycle day 1-3 bloodwork. Insist on getting a cycle schedule/plan and prescriptions for cycle then and there. Also be Watch the billing; there's an issue with in vs out of network billing where they've used the wrong tax ID (at least with United Healthcare)
Dr Crochet is great and explains the process and answers all my questions. Office staff is not so great, however... not giving me a cycle schedule or Rx on my first IUI cycle until I protested in the office. Also nearly missed first IUI due to office not having my husband's bloodworm.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Excellent communication and explanation regarding scientific stuff and always patient to answer all my questions. Showed compassion with setbacks... both frustration with office issues and after ectopic.
Describe the protocols John Crochet used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
We used letrozole for 5 days then 3 days of menopure (2 vials each day) due to follicular response. Trigger shot 36 hours before IUI. I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own. I got pregnant, but it was ectopic.
Describe John Crochet's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
No experience
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
They [CORM- Wesbster] are great. They know me by name. Usually there is never much of a wait. The doctors will give you their cell if a serious matter is going on. So it does seem they care.Some of the nurses however seem to not know what is going on. Also, I wish financial would be more up front as apposed to receiving bills as an afterthought.... One time a prescription was not called in.
Describe your experience with CORM.
They are great. They know me by name. Usually there is never much of a wait. The doctors will give you their cell if a serious matter is going on. So it does seem they care.Some of the nurses however seem to not know what is going on. Also, I wish financial would be more up front as apposed to receiving bills as an afterthought.
He clearly explained the plan we’re going to take before starting ivf treatment.
The nurses kept in constant contact with me and let me know what to expect next.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He explains clearly in a manner so that I can understand the treatment. He came across as very compassionate, and treated me as my own case. He looked over all of my previous history so that he could come up with the best plan for me moving forward.
He makes sure you understand what is going on and will clearly communicate with you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
I do not remember
Webster
The clinic [CORM Beaumont] was very accommodating.....They seemed very responsive.....One nurse seemed a little indifferent at times, but that's the worst thing I can say...Femara....Letrozole....Ovidrel......injections and IUI 3 times.....One cycle without IUI...unsuccessful....400 out of pocket for IUI
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic was very accommodating.....They seemed very responsive.....One nurse seemed a little indifferent at times, but that's the worst thing I can say...
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jerry Sims at CORM?
Very nice gentleman.....No complaints about his demeanor....
How was your experience with Jerry Sims at CORM?
Friendly and approachable. We had very good numbers, but they only panned out after IUI #3 which resulted in a "chemical" pregnancy...I am M 49 y/o, she is F 26 y/o. No physical issues, nor count or motility issues. Unfortunately, no luck yet either....I felt like we continued doing essentially the same things with the same results....
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jerry Sims at CORM?
He is a very nice physician. I'm sure he does well for many of his patients
Describe the protocols Jerry Sims used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jerry Sims at CORM.
400 out of pocket for IUI ...Meds covered
Describe Jerry Sims's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
Jerry Sims
2011 - 2012
Care is extremely personal, well organized and accountable. Information is very open and free flowing. Call backs were almost immediate, even on weekends. A nurse practitioner was assigned to me as well so i was able to have a consistent team.
2011 - 2012
Care is extremely personal, well organized and accountable. Information is very open and free flowing. Call backs were almost immediate, even on weekends. A nurse practioner was assigned to me as well so i was able to have a consistent team.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She is a very thorough and detail oriented individual. She runs a tight ship, so to speak, so I felt confident mistakes would be at a minimum. She ran ultrasounds regularly after conception and was proactive with labs and follow ups. She leaves little to chance. She took into consideration her availability for egg retrieval and implantation as soon as we decided to proceed with ivf.
She is empathetic but not warm and fuzzy. If you need a shoulder to cry on, she will give you resources aplenty. She is there to do the best job she can for the best outcome for you.
Webster
The doctors in this office [C.O.R.M. - Houston] see their patients almost every time and make an effort to be the primary doctor...The nurses did a good job conveying dr. Perfetto's plan...We did oral and injectable iui...is a smaller practice
Describe your experience with CORM.
The doctors in this office see their patients almost every time and make an effort to be the primary doctor.
Always felt like I was involved in decision making and never felt lost in the process
The nurses did a good job conveying dr. Perfetto's plan
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto had an amazing bedside manner and always made me feel like I was involved. I trusted her recommendations and did not feel pressured to rush to ivf like I did at other clinics. She also saw me at most of my visits and made sure I always knew our next steps
She is a smaller practice so she may not be the doctor you hear about, but she's the doctor worth finding.
We did oral and injectable iui
We did not do ivf, but she made it clear Eset is her primary goal with all patients
2011 - 2014
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
I think that the clinic [CORM- was great and it was close to home for me so I didn't have to travel a lot. I liked that they did not allow children to be present in the clinic. I know that everyone is different, but when going through this difficult time it was comforting to me not to have to smile behind my tears.... The nurses were overall good. Some better than others.
2011 - 2014
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
I think that the clinic was great and it was close to home for me so I didn't have to travel a lot. I liked that they did not allow children to be present in the clinic. I know that everyone is different, but when going through this difficult time it was comforting to me not to have to smile behind my tears.
He was always personable and kind. I never felt like a number I felt like I mattered.
The nurses were overall good. Some better than others.
What specific things went wrong at CORM?
How was your experience with Jerry Sims at CORM?
Dr. sims was my knight in shining armor. He saved me from more than 10 years of failed fertility treatments. Without him I would not have my two beautiful twin boys! I feel that he truly assisted in a miracle when he assisted us in getting pregnant.
Be comfortable being a patient and remember to ask questions if you don't understand.
Dr. Sims had to use the highest dose of every med to get me to respond but it did work!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jerry Sims at CORM.
The IVF was $13,000 in 2014 that did not include medications