Genetic counseling: Offered
Pearland, TX 77584
281.332.0073
1015 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CORM to a friend?

PCOS, Other
staff [at CORM] was highly professional and welcoming. No complaints here...A medicated cycle with monitoring without IUI was $1275. IUI was an extra $400. Sperm freezing was offered to us at $800... The offices have a home-y feel and a child-free waiting room...There is a nursing triage line for non-urgent questions during normal business hours and an option to page the physician on weekends for emergencies.
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic has multiple locations and flexible hours, which was really convenient for monitoring appointments! My spouse did his lab testing at a Saturday appt (available upon request), which was perfect for his busy weekday schedule. The offices have a home-y feel and a child-free waiting room, which I appreciated. There is a nursing triage line for non-urgent questions during normal business hours and an option to page the physician on weekends for emergencies.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anu Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan took her time with me at every visit and didn't make me feel rushed. She listened to my concerns, patiently answered my questions, and tailored treatment to my concerns/needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Jackson)
Ashley was the primary nurse I interacted with at CORM. She was excellent at providing prompt information, calling in my prescriptions, and responding to my questions. They have a nurse triage line for questions and I found that Ashley always responded to my non-urgent questions within a few hours. She was courteous, professional, and knowledgeable but willing to ask the doctor if I asked her something she didn't know. Similarly the rest of the staff was highly professional and welcoming. No complaints here.
How was your experience with Anu Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan impressed me greatly with her bedside manner, expertise and communication. I felt I could ask her anything, and no question was too trivial for her. She was direct and up-front with me about treatment plans, success rates that I could expect, side effects of medications, and risks of treatment. She was able to provide sound clinical reasoning for all of her medical decision-making. She struck me as professional with excellent clinical skills. I would refer anyone I know to her without hesitation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anu Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan is unlikely to give you an unrealistically rosy outlook on your chance of success with different forms of treatment. Not that I found her to be too negative, but I think she might have slightly undersold our chances of treatment success. I prefer my expectations to be set too low rather than too high, but don't expect excessive optimism. She is a fantastic physician with an excellent bedside manner though, and you'll be pleased with your choice.
Describe the protocols Anu Kathiresan used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I got pregnant after 1 cycle of Femara 5 mg daily on CD3-7, then Ovidrel to trigger and timed intercourse. Pregnancy is currently ongoing and healthy, now at 10 weeks. Femara was used to induce ovulation for my PCOS, Ovidrel was my trigger shot and no MFI so timed intercourse was sufficient.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anu Kathiresan at CORM.
Infertility diagnosis was covered under my insurance, but treatment was not. A medicated cycle with monitoring without IUI was $1275. IUI was an extra $400. Sperm freezing was offered to us at $800.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anu Kathiresan at CORM.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
All of the staff [at CORM] is really great. I suffer from anxiety, so I call up there a lot. They never make me feel silly for calling and having a lot of questions. You can tell they really enjoy what they're doing...My IUI was about $1,500 not including medications. The next round will be more expensive because we plan on adding Gonal F...This clinic is the best. I truly feel privileged I get to go there. Everyone is so nice and caring. I never feel like just a number. They remember my name and specific things from previous appointments. They are always steps ahead of me. I really can't say enough good things about this clinic.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Crochet at CORM?
Not only is the entire staff at CORM great, but Dr. Crochet is as well. Never once did he make me feel like a number. He is very personable and he makes me feel like he is my friend as well as my doctor. He is funny when needed and he is serious when needed. He makes me feel more at ease about this entire journey I'm going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa )
All of the staff is really great. I suffer from anxiety, so I call up there a lot. They never make me feel silly for calling and having a lot of questions. You can tell they really enjoy what they're doing.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
During my consultation, I told him everything. He felt for me and was passionate, while still remaining positive and confident. He has made me believe I WILL have a baby. He is the first person who ever gave me actual, real hope. I did my first IUI right away, and did get pregnant. Unfortunately, it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy, and I had to have emergency surgery and get my right tube removed. Dr. Crochet performed my surgery and it went great. I just went to my post op appointment and even after being through something so traumatizing, Dr. Crochet STILL made me feel hopeful. I think that's pretty amazing and I'm lucky to have a doctor who cares so much.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Crochet at CORM?
I would tell someone else to just trust him and know he has your best interests at heart.
Describe the protocols John Crochet used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
During my first consultation, I told Dr. Crochet I was just finished taken Clomid prescribed by my OB. He did an ultrasound and discovered it was actually perfect timing for an IUI two days later, so we got to get started right away! Before I found out if I was pregnant or not, he found out from my bloodwork that I have very mild PCOS. He decided the next IUI cycle he would switch me to Letrozole and we would also go Gonal F injections to raise my chances. I did end up pregnant, but unfortunately it was ectopic. At first I was doing Methotrexate, and my bloodwork had indicated the treatment was working. Unfortunately, it ruptured and I had to have emergency surgery. Dr. Crochet is still confident we can conceive through IUI, and we plan to try again in July.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
I think the clinic [CORM] is in a great location, has some really awesome doctors, nurses, and staff. We haven’t been there long but I like the atmosphere when I am there....I also love that they have a social media and share a lot of helpful information and success stories!... I have been in for a lot of blood work and had a few different nurses but all have been very friendly and helpful when it comes to questions!
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
I think the clinic is in a great location, has some really awesome doctors, nurses, and staff. We haven’t been there long but I like the atmosphere when I am there. I have several friends who have had success stories with different doctors at this location and I am looking forward to ours! I also love that they have a social media and share a lot of helpful information and success stories! Although we haven’t been there long I would recommend them to those starting their journey.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
A family member told her our story and she called us to set up an appointment. She gave me her cell phone number and told me to call or text her anytime.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
We have only been with her since January, we wanted a second opinion and she had a lot of recommendations from friends and family. She has been very thorough with our testing and trying to rule out things before we start a new cycle. When we had bad news earlier in the day from the embryologist she personally called me to check and see how I was doing. She has been kind and encouraging in our short time with her. I truly believe she cares about and invests in her patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She is very to the point but you can tell she cares!
Describe the protocols Vicki Schnell used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
She did a very extensive blood screening, we each had genetic testing done, she recommended us to get our embryos tested since we had 3 already fail, she did a mock cycle where we had a hysteroscopy and an ERA biopsy. We are currently waiting on those results to see our next steps.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our insurance doesn’t cover very much and we have a high deductible. Our mock cycle was about $1800 with medicine and the procedure I believe. Our genetic testing was about $800, embryo testing about $2200, and random blood work.
Describe Vicki Schnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
We have not got this far in our conversations!

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The front desk staff [at CORM-Webster] are very polite and always greet you when you walk in. Check is very smooth and when you've had a sensitive appointment they'll actually sit there and comfort you. I broke down a couple of times and none of them were awkward or dismissive. The only weakness that I've experienced is that one of the financial assistants is very rude and cold.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The front desk staff are very polite and always greet you when you walk in. Check is very smooth and when you've had a sensitive appointment they'll actually sit there and comfort you. I broke down a couple of times and none of them were awkward or dismissive. The only weakness that I've experienced is that one of the financial assistants is very rude and cold.
I definitely felt like a human. Every consultation is personal, there's never any rushing or not listening. Dr. Crochet and his nurse are both very truthful and blunt while still being very compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I met Melissa when I went to sign our contract and pay the fees. I had spoken to her several times on the phone but to see her in person was such a relief, in a sense comforting. She is so nice and empathetic to the situation. If I had any questions I would leave a voicemail and it never took her more that an hour or two to call me back. She's always reachable and personable.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I was referred to Dr. Crochet in January of 2018 because my gyno diagnosed my fibroid and she felt he was more advanced to perform the surgery via the Da Vinci robot. From the first consultation with him to surgery day I always felt comfortable, he explained exactly what he was going to do. After recovering from surgery for about 6 months my husband and I both went back to Dr. Crochet to continue our path to becoming parents. Soon after it was discovered that my husband had very low numbers and Dr. Crochet put him on Clomid for 3 months. In January of 2019 we went back to test his numbers and they had significantly improved and we got the go ahead for our first IUI. We did our first IUI on March 16, 2019 and on March 29, 2019 it was confirmed that the treatment had failed.
Be patient and open minded.
Our treatment for IUI was 5 days of Letrozole, 2 rounds of Menopur and 1 round of Novarel.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Every copay is $50, surgery costs for Dr. Crochet were covered at a 100% by my insurance. The IUI procedure was about $1700 and medications all together cost around $500.
Webster

I liked it [CORM]. Scheduling was easy, everyone was nice. Lots of locations to choose from. We had to go down to Clear Lake for testing/procedures on the weekend, but it was worth the trip. The Memorial location was my favorite - I rarely had to wait for than a few minutes to be seen.... Ashley was incredible. She was so helpful and was such a sweetheart when she called to give me news, good or bad. She was attentive and was on top of everything throughout each cycle.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I liked it. Scheduling was easy, everyone was nice. Lots of locations to choose from. We had to go down to Clear Lake for testing/procedures on the weekend, but it was worth the trip. The Memorial location was my favorite - I rarely had to wait for than a few minutes to be seen.
Dr K was incredible! Infertility is such a miserable thing, but her compassion and patience made it a pleasant experience. I always looked forward to seeing her, as I always left feeling reassured and hopeful. She was always willing to answer questions, no matter how neurotic I got. She, more than any doctor I’ve known, looked so genuinely excited for us when we finally got our positive. I wouldn’t wish infertility on anyone, but if you have it- Dr K is the best choice you can make.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
How was your experience with Anu Kathiresan at CORM?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’s super patient with them. She’ll give you realistic expectations and help keep you from getting catastrophizing or getting your hopes up.
We used Letrazole, Gonal F, and Ovridel. Doses were adjusted based on how my body performed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anu Kathiresan at CORM.
A full IUI cycle was $1675 + meds.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
The Clear Lake/Webster clinic [CORM] has a great response time to voice messages and/or emails sent. ... The Finance group is open to answering any questions and periodically offers suggestions for financing and things of that nature. The contracts are straight forward and easy to understand. I can’t think of anything that I would consider a weakness. ...The wait time is better than any other doctors office I’ve ever visited in that your appointments are handled promptly. The front desk ladies are always in the best mood and very helpful.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
The Clear Lake/Webster clinic has a great response time to voice messages and/or emails sent. The wait time is better than any other doctors office I’ve ever visited in that your appointments are handled promptly. The front desk ladies are always in the best mood and very helpful. The Finance group is open to answering any questions and periodically offers suggestions for financing and things of that nature. The contracts are straight forward and easy to understand. I can’t think of anything that I would consider a weakness.
Dr Crochet and his staff are very personable and attentive to their patients. There have been times when I have had questions and Dr Crochet has called me from his cell during his commute from one clinic to the next. Speaks volumes!
The nursing staff is the best! They remember you by name so you don’t feel like a number at a “baby making factory”, are knowledgeable, soft spoken, give hugs, and truly empathize with the patients.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr Crochet is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. He practices solely from research based techniques combined with the well being of his patients. He has made my treatment seemless and has walked hand in hand with me along the way. Awesome doctor!
The one piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is to ask a lot of questions and make sure that you understand the process.
For IUI stimulation my protocol was 10mg of letrozole for 5 days, 150mg menopur for 3 days, then Ovidrel trigger shot topped off with progesterone suppositories. For IVF stimulation I did Gonal-F, Cetrotide, and Novarel trigger, then the incorporation of baby aspirin, estrace, and progesterone suppositories.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
The pricing of IUI procedures is reasonable in correlation to other clinics on the area at about $3000 plus the cost of medicines. The IVF contract is about $10,000 and about $4000 for FET plus the cost of medicines.
Describe John Crochet's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
The financial counselor [at CORM] gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication...The clinic is very private and the ambiance is very warm and inviting. They have on site lab, ultrasound machines, HSG testing and more. It helps when it’s a one stop clinic because you don’t have to travel to so many places. The one thing I would change is parking. It is kind of difficult to enter and exit and you also have to pay to park.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with CORM.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I felt like a human because she understood my struggles with PCOS and didn’t automatically weight shame me. She explains everything in terms I understand. Most important, when I was at my lowest point and received an unexpected diagnosis, she was empathetic and even called me to check and see if I was okay. I will always remember that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
I remember a group of people caring for me. They were always ready to answer my questions.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia with atypia and could not proceed. During that crucial and devastating diagnosis, she was very empathetic and I felt she was on my side. She gave me options and didn’t leave me blindsided. After hormone therapy , I returned to her facility for further treatment. I wouldn’t choose anyone else for my care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto’s shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile.
Describe the protocols Candice O'Hern Perfetto used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea. After my cycle, I went in for an ultrasound to check my uterine lining, I was then prescribed Letrozole to induce ovulation. During this process, we did have to up the dose and it worked. When I had an ultrasound with a follicle, I was instructed to trigger shot. I was given a calendar with instructions of every step of the way. After trigger, we timed intercourse based on instructions. We then waited two weeks for blood work which resulted in a negative pregnancy. During the two week wait, I was prescribed progesterone suppositories to help prevent miscarriage. After the negative test, I was instructed to discontinue progesterone suppositories.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.
The financial counselor gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication. This current time, the counselor provided an updated contract with updated pricing and we were once again told up front what was not included in the contract. Since my insurance doesn’t cover fertility, all my charges must be paid upfront with the contract. This is probably the most difficult part of this process. The contracts cost thousands of dollars upfront and it is heart wrenching when the funds are not available or limited.

IUI, 1 IVF
$10,000-$15,000 for Egg Retrieval + Medication [at CORM]; $4,500 for 1st Embryo transfer, $2,000 for 2nd Embryo transfer - no charge for subsequent transfers up to 1 year of Egg Retrieval...CORMs protocol only allows 1 embryo per transfer...Strengths are the doctors, nurses, clinical staff, embryologists are superb and timely. Surgeries are only performed at the Clear Lake location, which may require more logistics and planning. The main downside is that it is difficult to contact a nurse live, however once you leave a message on the Triage line, you will receive a call back the same or following day. You will need to ensure you have your phone with you because otherwise you have to leave another message.
IUI, 1 IVF
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr. Kathiresan is gentle, detailed oriented and passionate. She takes the times to listen to your questions and thoroughly answers them without overwhelming you nor rushing you.
Ashley along with the other ladies at the Memorial office are phenomenal! They are timely, personable and thorough. They remember previous results and tasks and know you by first name.
How was your experience with Anu Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan is gentle, detailed oriented and passionate. She takes the time to listen to your questions and thoroughly answers them without overwhelming you nor rushing you. She will provide multiple protocols to choose from, not just one that she thinks is best. She listens and remembers what protocol you want to move forward with. Her educational videos on social media and blogs are also extremely helpful and representative of CORMs procedures. I wish we could have continued our OB care with her until the baby's arrival.
Be patient and take it one step at a time. Trust Dr. Kathiresan even if there is a bump in a road and keep trying!
Protocol 1: Transfer of qty 1 day 5 embryo without embryo glue. Beta 1 was positive at 42 HCG but Beta 2 was negative. Protocol 2: Performed Hysteroscopy (minimal obstructions) and ERA (120 hour progesterone - on time). Transfer of qty 1 day 5 embryo with glue. Beta 1 was negative. Protocol 3: "Kitchen sink method" of Transferring qty 1 day 5 embryo with embryo glue. Additional medication was taking dexamethasone steroid and lovenox blood thinner after transfer. Beta 1 and 2 resulted positive and we graduated the program at 9 weeks!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anu Kathiresan at CORM.
$10,000-$15,000 for Egg Retrieval + Medication; $4,500 for 1st Embryo transfer, $2,000 for 2nd Embryo transfer - no charge for subsequent transfers up to 1 year of Egg Retrieval.
Describe Anu Kathiresan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
Yes, CORMs protocol only allows 1 embryo per transfer. Initially we were unhappy because we wanted 2 to be transferred. After hearing the risks, we agreed and are content.
Houston
The clinic is very nice, modern, has a television, snacks and magazines for the guest. The clinic looks great. It also has feminine products in the bathroom that can used and all of the facility is clean and kept up nicely. Also, very easy to access and get to. ... Nursing staff was energetic, asked me personal questions and showed caring about why I was visiting. I also called to ask more questions about IUI and they explained it very well.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Candace has great bed side manner, she is nice, approachable, explained things very well to my husband and I and was very gentle. I am excited to continue our journey with her.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Candice explained both my husband and I's questions in detail, we did the dye test and she explained everything about it, my husband did the sperm test and she explained the results in detail. Our next step is IUI and she explained that in detail and what to do next when we are ready.
Come into your appointment open and willing to listen. We have unexplained infertility which can be emotional to understand, however Dr. Perfetto kept us at ease and made sure we were OK for next steps.
We did did the dye test which showed my tubes were just fine. We had already done clomid with my ObGyn and everything was fine and I ovulate. Next step is IUI. All blood work was good as well.
My consult visit was not high from what I remember, I cant remember the cost of the dye test. I do know the IUI will run us about $1675 and medication will be $500-$800. Any help is very appreciated.
Houston

[Costs at CORM were] 3,000 roughly. We had 1,200 for the blood work, and visits. 500 for the iui and the rest was medications...Very clean facility. Very nice staff. The nurses were very seeet. The lab was very sweet as well. The only downfall was the assistant during my procedure for iui presser a little too hard during the ultrasound. Other than that the staff were a delight...Any questions I had I contacted her and even if she didn’t answer immediately she would call me back that day.
Latino, Other
Describe your experience with CORM.
He was very presentable and conversational. He had great bedside manners and made sure to explain everything. He spoke directly to us and not through us if that makes sense.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
I wish I remembered he name, but she was as sweet as pie. Any questions I had I contacted her and even if she didn’t answer immediately she would call me back that day. Every visit we saw her and she was so sweet.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
As stated before he was very personable and explained everything is great details. The first time we met with him he explained everything we needed to know moving forward. He was very sweet and detailed. Even though we did not conceive our first attempt he was quick to find a solution for the second round. We just didn’t procede since we are paying out of pocket. But we certainly would’ve had him as our doctor again.
Bring a notebook with questions for him. He is great to answer all of them.
Dr.Crochet used femara 5mg, trigger shot was ovidrel, and he at first gave me menopur 175 iu, I had to request for four more injections due to eggs not maturing fast enough. The menopur was the priciest medications. I was also tested for diabetes and while not diabetic he prescribed me 1,000 mg of metformin xr.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
3,000 roughly. We had 1,200 for the blood work, and visits. 500 for the iui and the rest was medications. They did send us to a mail in medications, however, since I had to take last minute medications there was one that cost a little over 300 for menopur.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The nursing staff [CORM] was caring and supportive. They always answered the phone or quickly responded. Even during Hurricane Harvey, when Orange, Texas was isolated from flooding water and the interstate was shutdown, the team was on the phone helping to assist with medication delivery and attempting to help with a plan of action. Many of these nurses lost their own homes and went above and beyond. Dr. Crochet has an amazing and loving team.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CORM.
The nursing staff is always supportive and helps with assistance. The financial department was confusing and hard to contact , , ,however if you asked Dr. Crochet to assist you, he immediately directed them to address the issue.
Dr. Crochet is very personable. He is encouraging and takes the time to know his patients. He is kind and understanding.
The nursing staff was caring and supportive. They always answered the phone or quickly responded. Even during Hurricane Harvey, when Orange, Texas was isolated from flooding water and the interstate was shutdown, the team was on the phone helping to assist with medication delivery and attempting to help with a plan of action. Many of these nurses lost their own homes and went above and beyond. Dr. Crochet has an amazing and loving team.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet is very knowledgeable, professional, and transparent. He desired as much success as my husband and I. He was just as saddened by out negative results as we were. Although our outcome was devastating, he was professional throughout the experience.
Do you research and ask questions. Dr. Crochet is not a mind reader. Infertility treatment can be scary and questions lead to responses you sometimes do not what to hear. Ask the hard questions. He will answer any and all questions but research and ask the right questions. He will be honest and provide an answer.
We used the agonist protocol. We retrieved 10 eggs with our first round that resulted in 5 embryos. We had PGS testing that resulted in one normal embryo. We went directly into an embryo bank cycle with agonist protocol, although in hindsight this was a bad choice because we had just lost our home due to Hurricane Harvey, and the additional stress resulted in 3 eggs retrieved with no viable embryos. We transplanted the one normal embryo that resulted in a negative pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Monitoring appointments were quick and adjusted to fit my busy work schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Costs where listed directly after a free consultation. The financial secretary was hard to make an appointment with. She was very busy. I didn't take it as personal.
We had only one viable embryo to transfer so we are unable to give feedback to this question.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

There is an office near my work that I initially began at. I started here because of this convenience. However, it doesn't have the same lab abilities ... Also, they do not have the ability to call and speak with a nurse or even email with a question. You can only call the nurse triage line and leave a voice message. ... The nursing staff has been nice, but unorganized. ...
Describe your experience with CORM.
This is a tough one. There is an office near my work that I initially began at. I started here because of this convenience. However, it doesn't have the same lab abilities and my Dr. is only there once a week so I am constantly referred to the medical center location which is 45 min away. Also, they do not have the ability to call and speak with a nurse or even email with a question. You can only call the nurse triage line and leave a voice message. The previous clinic I went to had both options and made me feel they were much more available. They also aren't open on the weekends except for their Clear Lake location (2 hours from my house) and require (sometimes 7AM) Saturday appointments. The previous clinic I went to was open every single day.
Dr. Perfetto is very warm and compassionate. She reassures me that my feelings are real and valid. She also reminds me that my newly diagnosed endometriosis causes me more problems than I realize and is honest in her recommendations for fertility treatments because of it. She also did not push me to pursue IVF once I told her we couldnt afford it.
The nursing staff has been nice, but unorganized. I'm not sure if Dr. Perfetto has one head nurse because I've seen and spoken with several. I'm not sure what role each nurse plays. One of her nurses has been very short and agitated with me on the phone. The other is incredibly sweet but seems uninformed about some of my issues and provides more administrative type duties.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto has been compassionate, patient and understanding. I initially consulted with her for my unexplained infertility issues and later developed a endometrioma that required surgical removal. She diagnosed me with endometriosis related infertility. Since then, she has been honest about what she believes will work and what will not. She provides solid information to support those beliefs. Her kind, nurturing nature has been what I've needed while constantly getting bad news.
I would say she really seems to care about us a patient. I was referred by a friend as well.
After laparoscopy to remove an endometrioma, I took one cycle of birth control pills. IUI Round 1: I began my first IUI cycle by day 2 blood work and ultrasound. On day 3, I started with five days of letrozole and then three days of Gonal-F injections (100). The letrozole was not supposed to interfere with my endo as much as other meds. I returned to the clinic on day 11 and only had two follicles at ultrasound time so I took another dose of Gonal-F (150) and then ovadril (100) to ovulate. IUI was preformed on day 13. I began progesterone supposotories the day after IUI. On day 20, I retuned to the clinic for progesteone test and continued suppositories until I began my period naturally. That resulted in a negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle 2: I began my second IUI cycle by day 2 blood work and vaginal ultrasound. On day 3, I started with five days of letrozole and then three days of Gonal-F injections (100). The letrozole was not supposed to interfere with my endo as much as other meds. I returned to the clinic on day 13 and only had one follicles at ultrasound time. I had also started to ovulated on my own. IUI was preformed on day 14. I began profesterone supposotories the day after IUI. On day 21, I retuned to the clinic for progesteone test and continued suppositories until I began my period naturally. That resulted in a negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle 3: I began by day 3 ultrasound and blood work/pregnancy test. I began 5 days of clomid (one tab/50) followed by 3 days of Gonal-F (100). Dr Perfetto decided that clomid might produce more follicles than the previous results from letrozole. She commented that I might have more endo side effects but we felt it was worth it. I am scheduled to return for vaginal ultrasound and lab work on day 11.
For my endometrioma surgery, my insurance covered a good part and I had a co-insurance. My IUI is covered by my insurance for 6 rounds. I only pay for the medicine out of pocket. The last three cycles have been about $600 for letrozole/clomid, Gonal-F, Ovadril and progesterone suppositories.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.

PCOS, Unexplained
Their office staff [CORM] is friendly, patient, and responsive. The main con is how amount of prompts you have to press before reaching the proper extension when calling the office. ... Appointments were quick and very short wait times. They were very good at doing the blood work and ultrasounds quickly but still didn't make me feel rushed. ... The nursing staff has always been extremely communicative. They return my call within the hour and answer my questions with honesty.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic's strengths are extensive, however I would say they have a quiet, clean, and nice office. Their office staff is friendly, patient, and responsive. The main con is how amount of prompts you have to press before reaching the proper extension when calling the office.
Dr Perfetto spoke to my husband and I as if our journey to a successful pregnancy and baby was her journey as well. While she was very forward and honest about her concerns and recommendations, she delivered it in a sensitive manner. Dr Perfetto answered all of our questions extensively and we never felt rushed or pressured to do anything we weren't comfortable with. My husband and I had some religious considerations and she always remembers them when discussing treatment. You can tell she truly cares about each of her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Anne Carter and Maryanne Fisher)
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I cannot recommend Dr Perfetto enough! Her knowledge and honesty brought such clarity to such a stressful and difficult situation in my life and marriage. She was always available for questions and answered honestly, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear. She goes out of her way to make sure to address each concern I have and discuss the pros and cons of each situation. When delivering any big news, happy or sad, Dr Perfetto made sure to be the one to call and tell us. I completely trust Dr Perfetto to help grow our family and her knowledge and expertise gives us the hope we need to keep trying.
Don't be embarrassed or shy to ask any question or concern!!! She is very knowledgeable and always responds with honesty.
Dr Perfetto prescribed letrozole which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We then attempted letrozole a few more times with no success. We finally decided to do IVF after Dr Perfetto referred us to a study that would decrease our costs. On day 5 of the embryo transfer, she called us and told us none of our embryos progressed but we can wait and see if on day 6 any progress. On day 6, one embryo progressed and we froze it and did FET 2 cycles later. It resulted in a healthy pregnancy and baby. Currently we are considering doing IUI or IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
I honestly do not remember the exact costs but I spent a few thousand dollars on IVF and the medications. The medications were a lot but didn't have anything to do with the clinic. I was able to get a discounted IVF cost due to being a part of a study.
Describe Candice O'Hern Perfetto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
Dr Perfetto discussed it briefly, however we were set on only transferring one embryo based on our situation and research so there wasn't too much to discuss.
Houston

Was prescribed the wrong dose of a medication and I ended up spending more than I had to and wasted the extra medication. ... When walking in the clinic [CORM], no one greets you. ... They tell you your amount when leaving and give you a small receipt but you never are told what you are paying for or an explanation. Don’t expect to see the doctor while going to all of your appointments because most of the time you will just see the nurse.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Don’t expect to be greeted while coming into the clinic. They tell you your amount when leaving and give you a small receipt but you never are told what you are paying for or an explanation. Don’t expect to see the doctor while going to all of your appointments because most of the time you will just see the nurse. I’ve been to multiple appointments and can’t even tell you the name of one person in the clinic. There are different faces every time.
When walking in the clinic, no one greets you. They make you sign in on a computer and wait for them to come and get you.
Most are really nice but I’ve seen a different nurse each time I’ve went in and they were trying a new girl and she was learning the IUI procedure for my first one a she performed the second one. I would have liked to feel more comfortable and confident with the ones performing the procedure.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I fee that when I have questions about my treatment and I question why certain meds were used, she gets very defensive and does not give a good explanation why she chose it. I asked if we did IVF with here would she implant multiple embryos and she said no she refuses to do it. No explanation of certain medical reasons of why she chooses to not do it. I just feel like it’s an empty clinic with no real answers.
Don’t expect to see her a lot and most times the appointments you have with her are not positive. I understand that she has to be realistic about treatments but I feel no compassion when I have appointments with her.
I was never told why we used certain meds for the for the first IUI that we did. When the first IUI didn’t work she changed meds but didn’t explain why.
Not for sure the complete cost of any of the IUI procedure and the cost that I’m paying for. When I recently asked for a print out they did email me a list of what I’ve paid for but some of the payments I’ve made were missing.
She just said she refuses to do multiple transfers

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
We have had ups and downs with this clinic [CORM-Webster], but overall we have had a really good experience. They are pretty flexible when they can be, and try to accommodate you as best they can. Once they ironed out the “too many people” on our case, things got a whole lot better.... There was just one incident where they scheduled me for an appointment, then when I got to the clinic, someone had cancelled my appointment without informing me
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
We have had ups and downs with this clinic, but overall we have had a really good experience. They are pretty flexible when they can be, and try to accommodate you as best they can. Once they ironed out the “too many people” on our case, things got a whole lot better.
This is the BEST dr in this field. We have been through so much together and she hasn’t given up on us yet. Everything we go through is very personalized and she feels our pain and is very compassionate when something doesn’t work out. Even though we haven’t gotten our happy ending yet, I would never go with another dr. If we are going to get pregnant and carry a baby to term, I know dr Schnell will be the one who gets us there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Nicole O’brien)
Once we complained about having too many nurses on our case, with lots of miscommunication, we were assigned the head nurse. She is amazing. Some of the nurses seem confused at times.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I absolutely love Dr. Schnell. She has tried everything and covers all of her bases. She even consults with other doctors when we hit bumps in the road with our treatment. I love that she doesn’t give up on us, and we are a very hard case!
Always ask questions if you have them. Don’t be afraid, she will explain everything that you are unsure of.
I’ve gone through so much, I can’t remember specifics. I’ve gone through IUIs, natural cycles with fertility meds, IVF, egg retrieval with freeze all cycle. We did genetic testing on all embryos. I have recurrent miscarriages, endometriosis, and unexplained infertility. Everything she has done, went along with those things, especially with endometriosis being the catalyst to all of my problems.
Well over $35,000
She chose to only transfer one embryo at a time bc of my recurrent miscarriages and failed implantation.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
[CORM] Strength ...they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm .... my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time... . Communication and overall explanation is very poor...They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strength - overall I fell better there than the previous clinic as you see smiley faces and they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm . Also I can’t atress enough but DR SCHNELL has to be more upfront and involved . She is like this invisible hand moving things so you always have to guess is it her or Rns directions ... just not comforting at all
Dr. Scnhell is not exactly th most responsive person . Her bedside manners lack any sympothy and I feel like was rushed through every appointment I had . Also I only seen her twice to chat during the whole process from November 2017 till end of March 2018. He whole clinic is run by Rn’s and BCN’s who are nice but don’t have the same knowledge as a Dr would .
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica matches Dr schnell personality . She sometimes very warm and some days I am scared to ask any questions and some I don’t even get to see her and BCN for Dr Perfetto subs for her . They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any . For example my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I think as I mentioned before she is very brash and seems to be uncaring . I only went to see her because of a friend recommendation who got pregnant with her on IUI cycle but misscary later on . I wish she would meet with the patients more often or even check how ones doing . It is a grueling process and it nice to see that someone whom you just paid (not directly ) $$$$$$ would care to ring you and ask how things are going . Instead you play cat and mouse game of calling a triage line and waiting for a nurse to call back . If you have an emergency question like I had you wait for hours for someone to haves mercy and call you back . They always do but a lot of the time I was on the brick of a nervous breakdown or simply annoyed with that practice . As I said I feeel like she should show her face more . Once she saw me getting a blood work done I felt like she almost run away after seeing me . May be it is just her and being awkward with people but I know if I invest all I have financially and emotionally I need to see the same from the Dr as well . Well she ain’t that
Go elsewhere , I am trying Perfetto next and after that a different clinic in different state . Houston doesn’t really have a good fertility clicnic. This is my second one .
She first saw me in November after my failed IUI attempts at another clinic . She set things straight as weather we do more invasive IUI with injection previously only done with clomid or we go for IVF . Since my coverage was starting in January we decided to go agead and wait a few months prepping for the best IVF outcomes . Bunch of tests were ordered some used from the previous clinic like genetic testing. My man and FSH . Firstly in January my FSH was super high and no one wanted to admit but from what I know it is due to overdose of clomid at first clinic . So naturally it went down the next cycle and thank god to wheatgrass shots . So we started our journey - ultrasounds more blood work. Estrogen priming . Baseline showers a giant cyst . Set back . She put me on birhcontrol . Btw when I said she I mean nurses I have not talked to her ever since that November appointment . Cyst was gone the next cylcle and I stared my injections . Gonal-250 am and pm micro HCG pm hen after 7-8 days I think Cetrotite so 4 injections total . Ultrasounds , blood work etc . And a trigger shot which somehow my nurse filled in and out inside the gonal f box and I tossed it as I couldn’t see it . I had paniclalg called the clinic on a day of a trigger to find a replacement . Dr called me after almost 2 hours and couldn’t say much but sorry . Thank god I had an extra ovidrel from my last IUI so I triggered with that
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Since my insurance paid some amount we are still in the process of submitting and approving claims . So far we have paid 4K but expecting more
I don’t think she ever said anything like that but nurse was saying one at a time

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

[CORM- Beaumont was] Clean and well organized. Blood work and ultrasound was taken at clinic...Scheduling was easy and got good reminders. Easy to find location. HSG was very easy and quick. I had to go back to discuss the results which I felt was unnecessary since the HSG was normal...[nurses were] Overall helpful and informative. Not too personal, but friendly...When I went to another doctor, it took several calls to get my information to be sent over.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Clean and well organized. Blood work and ultrasound was taken at clinic. Clinic is just an hour away from my house. Scheduling was easy and got good reminders. Easy to find location. HSG was very easy and quick. I had to go back to discuss the results which I felt was unnecessary since the HSG was normal.
It wasn't a personal conversation. I actually cried during my consultation and he wasn't very comforting. He did help explain why the surgery my first doctor was unnecessary.
Overall helpful and informative. Not too personal, but friendly.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I was very straight forward that I wanted a consultation for what my first doctor suggested. He gave me a satisfactory recommendation, which was to have a hsg to see the outcome before anything else. During the hsg, he explained exactly what was going on and made me comfortable. I was able to see the procedure on an xray machine (which was cool). The diagnosis of unexplained infertility was a bit devastating and left me hopeless and I didn't really feel like I had many options. I didn't understand if everything was fine then why I couldn't get pregnant. Although I might have expected a lot from Dr. Crochet, he didn't really help me understand how infertility treatments could work with me. A friend actually recommended this clinic, but another doctor.
Have all your history written down because he doesn't ask a lot of questions.
Dr. Crochet recommended a HSG to see if there were any blockages since all my bloodwork showed normal. I did no fertility treatments with this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Office visits, ultrasound and HSG was not covered by insurance.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The clinic [CORM] is very private with your care. The team gets you back for appt very quickly. Front desk staff is very sweet and helpful. The nurses though are absolutely amazing! They could not be anymore compassionate and understanding. They have gone through some infertility themselves. They always smile and make you feel like family. When we actually become pregnant and graduate I will actually be very sad to leave them but know it will be a great thing.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
As a new patient you will want to get yourself organized. It’s a long journey and you will definitely need things to be all together. You will see. Just because of fertility management in general. Not because of the clinic. So advice is to get all important numbers and save them for redily use. For instance the nurse line, the finance department, etc. You can always call your nurse and she can direct you. The nurses are very helpful that way and you will have a one on one basis with your nurses. The clinic also has an app and website log in where you will have all your lab work, notes, ultrasounds, messages, etc redily available.
Dr. Crochet is very understanding and kind. He never treats us like a number. He has personally called me hisself a couple of times in this process. He explains things very well to us and genuinely wants great results
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Martin)
FYou are rarely in the waiting room with anyone else. The clinic is very private with your care. The team gets you back for appt very quickly. Front desk staff is very sweet and helpful. The nurses though are absolutely amazing! They could not be anymore compassionate and understanding. They have gone through some infertility themselves. They always smile and make you feel like family. When we actually become pregnant and graduate I will actually be very sad to leave them but know it will be a great thing. They know me by name and always make me feel loved. Very genuine girls who want what’s best for you. Communication with them is easy. They have a direct line for you to leave a message and they respond to calls promptly. Some our on call for any outside hours too. Absolutely Love the staff!
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
My experience with Dr. Crochet is absolutely perfect even with not actually having the results we desire. But he is very informative, makes sure we understand everything, and is very compassionate. He has personally called us twice to discuss things. We see him every appt that is needed. He is a very genuine doctor and wants great results. We are very happy with him and would recommend him to our own family
This is a very hard experience to go through and would advise to just prepare yourself as you would with any doctor. He will make sure your needs are met in a compassionate way.
Dr. Crochet started things off with all necessary lab work and testing needed. Dye tube test, saline ultrasounds, AMH levels. I had already tried clomid with my Gynocologist and due to age we went straight to IUI once we started seeing him. He explained everything and gave us all our options. He was never pushy on anything. We did try injectables with IUI twice with negative results. We decided to go into IVF. We are unexplained infertility and since insurance does not cover any fertility treatments and my age (36 now) we moved straight forward. Did injectables for egg retrieval and we were able to get 13 eggs, 9 fertilized, and 4 made it to day 5. All we froze due to a thin lining. Dr. Crochet could not do the retrieval due to time sensitivity but another great doctor in the clinic does. We have transferred two embryos. First ended with a blighted ovum and had a D&C. Second transfer was negative. We are approaching our final transfer. I have had 3 hysteroscopies. First exploratory but did end up cleaning out a small fibroid, second was for a small fibroid, and last one was a little scar tissue that needed cleaning out prior to transfer. I do have a thin uterine lining and we are currently working on treatment protocol to help before we start treatment to approach our last transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Some labs and testing can be covered by insurance. IVF contract was 13,500 Does not include medication Which ran me about 6,000 total for retrieval and two transfers Contract price does cover your transfers for up to a year
My doctor is for the most part against advising or doing multiple embryo transfer but it all depends on your treatment. He does not say he never will and has done multiple before.
Beaumont
CORM excels at putting the patient first. They are extremely busy but never once did I feel overlooked. Every person in the office who I came In contact with remembered both mine and my husbands names. They are very upfront about cost. Directions and instructions are very clear and they are excellent at returning phone calls....Taylor, and all of the staff at CORM, including the ultrasound techs, med techs, phlebotomists, receptionists, nurses and other physicians have gone above and beyond.
European, East Asian
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr Crochet has gone above and beyond to make both me and my husband feel completely comfortable and well informed. He has never been one to shy away from tough questions and always presented us with every option possible, in order for us to make the right decisions for our future family. He has never made us feel rushed or overlooked and his office staff is absolutely amazing!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Taylor Garber)
Taylor, and all of the staff at CORM, including the ultrasound techs, med techs, phlebotomists, receptionists, nurses and other physicians have gone above and beyond. They all are so kind and compassionate, have great personalities and are people that you actually want to be around. I have never once felt u comfortable with anyone at CORM
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
When choosing a doctor, I wanted to make sure that both my husband and I were comfortable with the person who would be going through this process with us. From our very first meeting, Dr Crochet was kind, compassionate, upfront and honest. He is great at explaining everything in detail, listening to our questions and concerns and talking to us like real people. I can not say enough wonderful things about his bedside manner and personality in general. He’s extremely down to Earth and knows when to crack a joke, which we all need now and then because let’s face it... IVF is not an easy process.
Don’t wait! If you’re having infertility issues make an appointment sooner rather than later.
At my first appointment they recommended that i begin prenatal vitamins, vitamin D and CO Q10. I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve so we did a stim cycle using Gonal F in the morning and menopur in the evening. Three days before retrieval we added Cetrotide in the evenings and then a trigger shot before. They were able to retrieve 14 eggs, 12 were mature, 6 made it to day 5 blastocyst. All 6 were sent for PDG. We ended up with 2 genetically normal embryos grade 5AA and 5AB. For transfer they did a “natural fet.” I took letrozole 2.5mg for 6 days and then started taking Menopur Injections until the HCG trigger medication. Post transfer estrace 3 times daily, progesterone suppositories 2 daily, aspirin and 2 mini doses of HCG. Unfortunately, our first transfer was unsuccessful. For the next transfer Dr Crochet said he will be changing all of the medications prior to procedure.
Dr Crochet encouraged us to transfer one embryo at a time because 1) we only had two embryos 2) my age 3) in his practice transferring multiple embryos wouldn’t really increase our chances of a positive outcome.

IVF, Surrogacy
The clinic [C.O.R.M.] is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. ... They [nurses] were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable ... I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she [nurse] managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. The office was very clear on treatment costs which was nice because we knew upfront exactly what was expected and there were no surprises on payments. Also there was one visit I had where I was getting a lot of blood drawn because I was getting multiple tests done. They were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable and if I ever felt dizzy they had extra staff on standby to offer cold towels and juice. Something that seemed so small really made me feel comfortable and confident in my choice of a fertility clinic
Every time I walked into her office she knew me by name and knew my medical history by heart without ever having to refer back to my file
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie Plaunty)
She is amazing! She always responds with any questions that day if not within the hour. I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She really cared about our best interest and our specific situation that has led us to IVF. My husband and I decline to do genetic testing on ourselves because it was optional. We decided to do genetic testing on our embryos because that is all we really cared about. We even signed our consent forms stating we are refusing genetic testing on ourselves. Dr. Schnell asked us very politely why we refused our genetic testing. She was concerned because I am of Ashkenazi Jewish heritage and we carry specific genetic diseases. She explained further that the genetic testing on the embryos was not as detailed as the genetic testing we get on ourselves. She made us realize that it was in our and our future baby’s best interest to go the extra mile to make sure everything was okay. She really cared about us and our future baby.
She does tend to talk very fast but don’t be afraid to stop her and ask for an explanation or more detail. She will not hesitate to answer any and all questions and will really break everything down for you
We are currently going through IVF with egg freezing because we have to use a surrogate. Our IVF plan is to start me on birth control for about 2 weeks and then start self administered hormone injections. I will do hormone injections for about 2 weeks. Once my eggs are mature they will be removed for fertilization and freezing
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Unfortunately by insurance denied by IVF treatment so all costs were out of pocket
My doctor advised she will only do single embryo transfer. This is because there is always a small chance of having twins or triplets or more and for the safety of her patient and future child she does not want to put any of us at an unnecessary risk. Complicates can always arise during pregnancy and increasing the odds of having multiple children at once can increase those risks

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

The team at CORM from Doctors to nurses, to office staff are so warm, welcoming, compassionate and friendly. They take the time to get to know you. Everyone is educated on your case so you do not have to repeat your self ever. They are very educational, want to provide you with all of the facts and stay away from giving you false hope.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr. Crochet took time to explain every treatment plan based on our personal circumstances. He didn't seemed rushed and never made us feel stupid for asking questions. He was also very patient with us when we would cry in his office and showed a lot of compassion. Dr. Crochet was very encouraging and seemed determined to find a treatment plan that would work for us. I also appreciated that he never gave us false hope. He was always VERY real with us. It seems like he always tries to provide as much information as possible and empowers us to choose the best plan for us as a couple. We never felt pressured or like we misunderstood anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Nicole and Taylor)
All of the nurses at CORM have showed compassion. All have been well organized and have taken the time to get to know me as a patient, even by name. If I go in for a blood draw, everyone who walks by and sees me says hi and calls me by my first name. It is always so welcoming.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet is the absolute best. He made us feel like we were his number 1 priority each and every visit. He never rushed us through our appointments and always provided as much information as possible to help us choose the treatment plan we wanted based on the facts at hand. He never pushed us into making decisions and always provide the most compassion and support through our treatment process.
Dr. Crochet is going to be real with you . He is not going to sugarcoat anything. He will give you all of the facts and help you make an informed decisions off of those facts. He doesn't want to provide you false hope and he will not make you feel stupid for asking questions.
My husband has a low sperm count, so he placed him on clomid. After several month of trying naturally with the clomid, we moved on to IUI. The first IUI was unsuccessful, we decided to do a double insemination with the second IUI. That IUI took, but we miscarried a 5w4d. So we decided to try again. The 3rd IUI failed, but I did not respond as well to the medications. Dr. Crochet changed my meds, and we gave IUI one more chance. When it failed, we decided to move on to IVF. I am currently under stimulation medication and plan to have my retrieval early next week.
IUI- $1275 (Single insemination) or &1675 (double insemination) IVF $14,500
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
I feel that at CORM there are too many patients...I never have had just one nurse that has been assigned to me. There is always a different nurse who calls me and responds to my questions. All are real knowledgeable. They are just unorganized and do not communicate with one another. It has made this process hard on us at times...This experience has been hectic. No one ever seems to know what is going on with my case and I have to explain it to almost every nurse that calls me back.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with CORM.
Some of the receptionists are a little bit rude and have lost their patience with my husband. One of the newer clinics is highly u organized and the nurses and staff there do not seem to get along much.
I feel that at CORM there are too many patients and Schnell is just too busy to handle each patient. We are then passed on to her colleagues for procedures or treatments. I love her. I think she is great. I’d just like to see her more.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Schnell is great. I love her as my doctor. As I mentioned before, she is too busy and we hardly were ever able to see her in person. We were always passed on to her other colleagues. When we have visited with her, she always tries to come up with different protocols that could work for my body and our needs.
Don’t expect to see her at every appointment.
The first round included Gonal f and Cetrotide. That round failed and resulted in a IUI. THE second round included clomid and Gonal f. We also added centrotide on certain days towards the end. It resulted in 5 eggs, 4 viable, 1 fertilized but did not make it to blastocyst stage. The 3rd round included a lengthy time frame of Gonal f and a micro dose Lupron injection. This resulted in 4 eggs in which 1 fertilized and made it to a 5 day blastocyst graded 8AB.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Most was covered under our insurance. However, medications and injections have no been cheap.
I understand why she will only transfer one embryo.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The clinics financial department was a nightmare from start to finish. They [CORM] told me things weren’t covered when I knew for a fact they were. They tried to make me do a $1100 package for my third timed cycle but the protocol was the same as my second and I only needed 2 ultrasounds and lab work. The package was for 4 monitoring sessions. If I had paid separately for each aspect of my cycle it was going to be much much cheaper.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinics financial department was a nightmare from start to finish. They told me things weren’t covered when I knew for a fact they were. They tried to make me do a $1100 package for my third timed cycle but the protocol was the same as my second and I only needed 2 ultrasounds and lab work. The package was for 4 monitoring sessions. If I had paid separately for each aspect of my cycle it was going to be much much cheaper. They had also said the cost for a cycle capped out at the $1100 so If I ended up needed the full package i didn’t pay more. It seems like I always got a different answer depending on who I spoke to. I got the impression that things were done a certain way and that was not open for change on a case by case basis. I feel like the management prioritises profits over patients.
We’re always sweet but sometimes didn’t know what was going on
How was your experience with Anu Kathiresan at CORM?
She was very nice and knowledgeable but very conservative with treatment. She wasn’t willing to do any immune treatment or prophylactic treatments. She was also Willing to follow what we wanted as far as timed intercourse vs IUI etc.
If you have a complex case she perhaps may not be the best fit since I don’t find she thinks outside the box.
1st timed intercourse cycle- Large cyst at baseline but continued. Only one egg on 7.5 mg letrozole. Trigger on day 16. 0 beta. 2nd timed intercourse cycle- clean baseline. 7.5 femara followed by 4 days of 75iu gonal F. Only 2 eggs that were barely mature at CD 13. Trigger that day. Tested out trigger at home and after 3 days of negatives I had 3 days of positives but the nurses said no betas until 14 dpo. By that point tests were lightening again. Beta of ~3. No follow up to see if it was rising or falling. Just told to stop progesterone.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anu Kathiresan at CORM.
1100 for a basic timed intercourse cycle 1900 for an IUI 13,900 for ivf before any transfers
Houston
The only thing I can say is there is one lady who is terrible at taking blood but I ask for someone else every time I have her ... The clinic [CORM] itself Is wecoming, clean, and comfortable. ... Everyone I have encountered has been extremely compassionate, our last FET fail Angelica one of the nurses gave my husband and I a sympathy card. I feel they went above and beyond trying to make me fee Comfortable and to comfort me in a time Of need as well.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The only thing I can say is there is one lady who is terrible at taking blood but I ask for someone else every time I have her. There’s no issues after that. The clinic itself Is wecoming, clean, and comfortable.
I feel like a human eveeyte I talk to dr.schnell she explains all my options and answers ALL my questions.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is very smart and very detailed in what she does. She talks quickly so some may not gravitate towards her. She’s very compassionate and is very positive even when things don’t go as planned she ALWAYS has a way to figure out what’s going on. Answers every question you can imagine, and trust me I ask 90 million questions. She’s also very thorough and makes both my husband and I very comfortable. My husband even feels comfortable enough with her to ask questions about himself personally.
Although she is a fast thinker and quick talker. If you don’t understand she will go through lengths to explain it to you. If you don’t understand her just ask again, or even ask her to slow down. Your comfort level with her will be unlike any doctor. She knows what she is doing.
We did a freeze all IVF cycle with GONAL F, cetrotide and micro ovidrel. With a lupron trigger. She didn’t want to over stimulate me so she was very thorough as far as what dosage and tweaking the dosage when needed. For the transfers we did FET stimulates/natural cycle which I took letrazole, tamoxifen l, trigger injection and mini dose injection. We transferred one frozen embryo and had a BFN. About a month before this cycle she went in and removed some scarring from my lining so she believed my lining didn’t get as thick and she wanted so we tried a different cycle and implanted one embryo I did tamoxifen, Vivell progesterone patches, endometrium, IM P4, dexamethasone, and lovenox. Which resulted in a BFN. We then went to do an ERA and found out my body is slower at responding to the medications and that I need to start the progesterone earlier and that I have to put the embryo in so many hours after. We haven’t don’t another transfer since we found this information out. That will be our next step.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Insurance covered all my meds. They offer in house options and they also offer companies that help with fertility loans. We went the ARC and our loan was for 17,000 I believe. If I could do it all over again I would have went directly through the clinic itself.
Dr.schnell is very serious about only putting one embryo in for us, she believes our embryos are very high quality and we are very healthy and doesn’t want it to result it multiples.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

The nursing staff [at CORM] was always wonderful. They answered every question, were comforting, made you feel at ease, and got back to me in a timely mannner if I called...Every person I encountered at CORM treated me so well. I never had a bad experience. They treat you like a person not another patient. Everything was done fast, which I loved. Some places take forever for results. Also at CORM I always had my info and knew what was going on. They have the patient portal which I thought was a lot of help!
Describe your experience with CORM.
She Takes the time to get to know you and treats you like a friend.
The nursing staff was always wonderful. They answered every question, were comforting, made you feel at ease, and got back to me in a timely mannner if I called.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto always had a smile on her face and treated my husband and I so well. Always making you feel like she had all the time in the world to spend on your case. She took the time to explain everything and made sure we both understood. While under her care, I had to have surgery, she told me exactly what would happen and what to expect and made me feel very comfortable.
Ask as many questions as possible and listen and do exactly what she tells you.
I have PCOS so our first try at fertility help was me taking a pill to induce ovulation. I can’t remember the name of the pill. If that didn’t work we were planning to do an IUI. I started taking the pill and got pregnant very quick, unfortunately I miscarried at about 7 weeks. I had no clue I was pregnant and when Dr. Perfetto told me I was shocked. She was wonderful through the whole process. Talked me through everything that was happening.
I think there was an initial appointment and work up fee, maybe $550, but I could be off. After that if I saw Dr. Perfetto I had to pay the specialist doctor co-pay from my insurance which was $75, but if I just had an ultrasound or saw a nurse it was a regular co-pay of $40.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The nurses [at CORM] were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor... The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number...If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The Center of Reproductive Medicine is located in an office building in the outer parts of the medical center in Houston, Texas. The clinic is very nice and clean. The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number. If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am. You give a urine sample first, get bloodwork drawn (a full panel). Another nurse comes in and asks about any and all medical history that you may have, your partner, your parents and siblings. The third nurse prepares all of your information for the doctor. Once the doctor comes in she evaluates and gathers more information from you to come up with a plan of action. The doctor then has another nurse with her to complete a full evaluation and an ultrasound to see what is going on. . It is very comfortable, quiet and relaxing. Also, Snacks and water are given upon request. The only downside is the fee for parking.
Moment I walked in the office I was greeted and asked to sign in. Once I signed in I was called by name and spoke with at least 3 people during my visit. They were all personable, attentive and kind. They ensured they knew my previous information before speaking with me so we didn't have to waste time explaining anything. I feel very comfortable here. I am mostly appreciative that I am heard and Dr. Schnell, along with the nurses and all office workers, show empathy.
The nurses were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is very kind and understanding. It is very obvious she has an extensive amount of experience helping people achieve their reproductive goals. She is attentive and very honest. I really appreciate her. I am very comfortable speaking with her about anything I am experiencing and she never brushes off my concerns. I am always given her undivided attention and my appointment is never rushed.
Prospective patients should listen to her advice and guidance. Feel free to trust her because she will do what is in your best interest.
I am in the early stages. After my first appointment Dr. Schnell noticed that I had Uterine Fibroids and recommended I have the 5 uterine fibroids removed via laparoscopic myomectomy. During surgery she also completed a hysteroscopy. While in surgery she noticed that my fallopian tubes were fused together. She was able to open them. Unfortunately, I am left with scarred tubes making it hard for an egg to maneuver its way to my uterus. The only option now is IVF. This is the only way for me to conceive. The first step was for me attending an IVF seminar. Dr. Schnell is now waiting for me to get started with treatments. My only hold up is accessing the funds to begin the next steps. While we wait she gave me a calendar to mark ovulation. I take my body temperature the same time every month and I chart the start and end of my cycle. I must continue to do this until it I am prepared to begin the IVF process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Bloodwork- depends on panel office visit- normal insurance copy Laparoscopic Myomectomy Dr Fee after insurance-$850.00 Hospital Fee- $1800.00 Post-Op Visits- $300.00
During the IVF Seminar I was made aware that the clinic only does single embryo transfer.

2013 - 2017
Both the Beaumont and the Webster office [of CORM] are remarkable. Each and every person there is very compassionate and loving. I didn't deal with the Webster office except for the actual egg retrieval and transfer I was able to do everything else at the Beaumont office so I'm not as familiar with the Webster nurses. The Beaumont office is a place that I would recommend to anyone the nurses as well as the doctors are so loving caring compassionate they make you feel like family and when you walk in the door they know you by name and they greet you with big smiles and hugs.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with CORM.
Both the Beaumont and the Webster office are remarkable. Each and every person there is very compassionate and loving. I didn't deal with the Webster office except for the actual egg retrieval and transfer I was able to do everything else at the Beaumont office so I'm not as familiar with the Webster nurses. The Beaumont office is a place that I would recommend to anyone the nurses as well as the doctors are so loving caring compassionate they make you feel like family and when you walk in the door they know you by name and they greet you with big smiles and hugs. When we lost our first child at 20 weeks and went back every one of them were so caring and loving definitely a place that I would recommend and I would love to be able to expand our family using their office again
Dr. Schnell is a very caring concerned doctor she is very to the point but makes you feel like a friend. She explains things where you can understand takes time to listen to questions and answer any kind of questions you may have
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: jeannie zimmerman talbot)
All of the nurses were absolutely wonderful. Very compassionate loving caring took time to explain things go over questions with you
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is a amazing Doctor. She is extremely trusting, she is more like a friend she is considerate she lets you know everything that you need to know explains things where you can understand them if you have questions she will go over everything with you she is compassionate
Don't be afraid to ask her questions and stop her if you have questions.
My 1st IVF round was around $15,000 total with medicine

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

The clinic [CORM in Webster] is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff...She [Dr. Vicki Schnell] overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing o
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff.
The overall staff at CORM are warm and friendly, and Dr. Schnell is for the most part, too. However, when it came to presenting results of our genetic testing, she told us about our multiple embryo abnormalities of our genetically tested blast with a very cheery tone over the phone after leaving a cheery voicemail that they were in, which was not supportive and quite upsetting for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
My primary nurse was really compassionate but often anxious, which added to the stress of the cycle.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is knowledgeable about her field and overall supportive, and I know that she has helped a lot of people, including others I know, especially younger friends. She always took time to answer all of our questions and was overall timely. However, she was somewhat disorganized. She would sometimes go over blood work and sometimes not. At times, I had to ask her to review it with us. Once she had blood work results back for two weeks and saw that she wanted to add a medication once she reviewed them but it was two weeks after the results were available on our portal. She overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing on sperm. She also had no knowledge about certain protocols potentially helping and went to look them up in the middle of our meeting...the same protocol I had success with at another clinic later. It also turns out that the other clinic found that we had a significant sperm issue as well. When I asked how she felt about us getting a second opinion, she stated that she preferred we do so within her practice.
Do your research on IVF and other treatments so you can ask informed questions throughout the process.
We did IVF, priming with birth control, and we used micro dose Ovidrel, Ganirelix, Follistim, and a trigger shot. We had far fewer eggs retrieved than anticipated and only had one abnormal blast. The rest of the embryos arrested after day three (after looking great on day three).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Monitoring appointment were efficiently run.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our insurance had a contract with them which was wonderful. We had only a few thousand in out of pocket costs.

IVF, Donor Eggs
The clinic [CORM] is very quiet, clean, organized and the privacy is a big plus. The communication is also a big plus. If you have other paper work from another clinic the transfer is very smooth transfer. The nursing staff, financial department and other staffs are very professional.... The Egg donor or egg retrieval and any other testing that will be needing cost roughly around 23,200
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is very quiet, clean, organized and the privacy is a big plus. The communication is also a big plus. If you have other paper work from another clinic the transfer is very smooth transfer. The nursing staff, financial department and other staffs are very professional. The time you walk in until the time you walk out of you appointment makes you feel like you are the only person they are attending to.
Felt like a human she answered all my questions was not pushy understood how I felt about my previous treatment with IVF.
They were all welcoming and polite and answered all my questions and if they did not have an answer by the end of my visit my questions were answered.
How was your experience with Anu Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr.Kathiresan was very gentle and explained all of my options and was my pushy about which options to do. It was our choice of what we are comfortable with. Dr. Kathiresan did give us her professional advice of what would be best for us in our IVF journey.
Dr. Kathiresan is a heartwarming, passionate, honest, great dr. that takes her time in explaining your personal plan of successfully conceiving a baby.
At this time we just did consultation and lab work, and ultrasound
Not at this time

Anovulation, Unexplained
This clinic [CORM Houston] is located on the outskirts of the Texas Medical Center. It is a quiet practice, never too busy. A major con is that you have to pay for parking - it adds up quickly with the frequent visits required for monitoring....Monitoring appointments were always very easy & convenient. I was able to go in at 7:30am before work. They would draw my blood & then complete ultrasound. In and out in less than 20 minutes usually.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
This clinic is located on the outskirts of the Texas Medical Center. It is a quiet practice, never too busy. A major con is that you have to pay for parking - it adds up quickly with the frequent visits required for monitoring.
She always acts like I am her only patient - no amount of questioning seems like too much. She provided statistics & evidence to establish her plan of care, but within the framework of my personal dynamic. She took time away from her family vacation to address concerns when my cycle was not going as planned.
The nurses communicated well & were always very timely when responding to my (frequent) questions.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto is honest & upfront, but kind and emphatetic. I always felt like I knew the plan and rationale. When things didn’t go as planned, she helped my understand why and how we should best change the course of treatment.
Ask every question you have. She will answer honestly & has certainly heard it before. Not much time is scheduled directly with Dr. Perfetto during the monitoring phase of your cycle. If you feel like you need extra time with her, just ask.
IUI converted to IVF secondary to overproduction of follicles.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
$6700 for egg retrieval & 1 transfer (though, considered a ”min stim” cycle).
Dr. Perfetto’a goal is healthy mama and baby - single embryo transfer recommended.
Houston

The entire new patient process was super easy. Everyone one i spoken with was super helpful. I would not say the clinic [CORM] has any weakness, but their straighten would be that you feel welcomed. I felt like the entire staff knew what they were doing, and Dr. Perfetto answered all of my question. The team is good at returning phone calls.... The nurse staff was wonderful and caring as well. They are very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The entire new patient process was super easy. Everyone one i spoken with was super helpful. I would not say the clinic has any weakness, but their straighten would be that you feel welcomed. I felt like the entire staff knew what they were doing, and Dr. Perfetto answered all of my question. The team is good at returning phone calls.
I have seen Dr. Prefetto twice and each time she treats my husband and i like we are not just another patient but as if we were a family member or a friends. She is very kind and loving.
The nurse staff was wonderful and caring as well. They are very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Since seeing Dr. Perfetto i have nothing but respect and fully trust her with my treatment. She is amazing. My husband is afraid of needles we needed to do the genetic testing and he was refusing. She tried to look into other options to get the test done. Eventually she was able to get him to do the lab work and it did not hurt. She is very understanding of the stress and fear with this process. She is easy to talk to and makes this so much easier and less stressful
Out of the past two Fertility Dr. i have seen i feel the most comfortable with Dr. Perfetto. She is very knowledgeable, and will not do anything to affect the chances of her patient conceiving a baby. Like she told me the most important thing is getting your pregnant.
I trust my doctor decision with only transferring one embryo. the risk is much higher with two, and i believe that she will make my dream come true with the one embryo

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [CORM-Houston] is great at making you feel welcomed and working with you through the specifics of labs, imaging and insurance issues. They respond in a timely manner and do not give you the run around. I honestly cant think of an area for the clinic to improve...The nursing staff is very responsive and all questions or voicemails left are answered within 24 hours...Labs - $200, MRI - $200, Co Pay - $35...Dr. Perfetto was extremely welcoming and informative. She took time to answer all of our questions with clarity and never made us feel as though there was a time limit.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is great at making you feel welcomed and working with you through the specifics of labs, imaging and insurance issues. They respond in a timely manner and do not give you the run around. I honestly cant think of an area for the clinic to improve
Dr. Perfetto was extremely welcoming and informative. She took time to answer all of our questions with clarity and never made us feel as though there was a time limit. She was thorough in delivering the purpose for proceeding with certain tests, and compassionate when explaining the cause of our difficulty conceiving.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto is a compassionate physician that takes time to explain every detail of your care without coercing you to make a certain decision. She is very knowledgeable and has amazing bedside manner.
Keep an open mind. She is very straight forward, but in a delicate fashion. She cares about where you are in your family planning.
Dr. Perfetto was concerned the reason to our difficulty in conceiving was due to PCOS as well as fibroids. She recommended and MRI and additional blood work revealing both were contributing factors. She helped us prioritize treatment options for the best outcome.
Labs - $200, MRI - $200, Co Pay - $35

Other, Unexplained
They [staff at CORM] offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot...All of her nurses were very kind but I remember one in particular. She was very compassionate. My husband had just started a new job and couldn't take off to make the appt so I went alone. I wasn't expecting bad news. She was very patient with me as I cried while trying to take in all the information.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
I can't really say any bad about this place. Everyone was really nice and seemed to enjoy their work. Billing was explained thoroughly. I signed in on their computer and was seen within 5 to 10 minutes of arriving.
Her and her staff were very kind. They offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She was very timely. I was able to speak to her within 10 to 15 mins. She was also very thorough. It was a lot of information to process and she made a point to stop here and there to make sure I didn't have any questions.
None really. I feel like she takes care of her patients and I'd just let them know that.
We have done a few test. Blood, cultures, the ultrasound and the hsg test which found I had scarring and low AMH for my age. Our next plan of action is insemination or in vitro.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our first appointment was almost covered completely by our insurance. Only had to pay out of pocket 90. Then my husband unexpectedly lost his job so the next visit was 600
We haven't talked about it. I suppose we would talk about it once my husband and I have saved the money needed for the procedure.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
The doctors are their strength and some of the nurse team [at CORM]. The communication method feels cold at times and you can’t ever speak directly to your doctor unless you have a specific appointment with them. It makes it harder dealing with a middle man, and sometimes you just want to hear things from your doctor. Most of the staff is very compassionate and friendly...The FET nurse coordinator Beth is very caring and informative. The IVF coordinating nurse was not my favorite nurse there.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with CORM.
The doctors are their strength and some of the nurse team. The communication method feels cold at times and you can’t ever speak directly to your doctor unless you have a specific appointment with them. It makes it harder dealing with a middle man, and sometimes you just want to hear things from your doctor. Most of the staff is very compassionate and friendly.
Because he explained things to my husband and I in a compassionate and understandjng way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
The FET nurse coordinator Beth is very caring and informative. The IVF coordinating nurse was not my favorite nurse there. She lacked compassion and empathy towards me.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crotchet is a great doctor. I wish that you were able to speak with him more directly without going through his nurses for most communication. As this often lead to more confusion due to there being a middle man. He also did not perform our egg retrieval like we were lead to believe so that was frustrating. But another doctor in the office did and was just as good. He has performed all my surgeries and has always been kind and informative to my husband and I. I was nervous having a male doctor but he has always treated me with respect and having a male doctor made him more relatable to my husband. He is a good doctor.
He is a great doctor but be patient with his offices processes of communication, they can be frustrating.
Webster

It’s smaller practice [CORM Houston] so they don’t have as many locations as some other Houston clinics, but they are in the main areas...Their surgicenter is also in house at their clear lake locations... you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with CORM.
It’s smaller practice so they don’t have as many locations as some other Houston clinics, but they are in the main areas. After a bad experience at another practice we decided that we didn’t mind driving a bit more to get better care. Their surgicenter is also in house at their clear lake locations.
dr perfetto is very pleasant and relatable. Always smiling, very listening, even joking and laughing when appropriate.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr perfetto and her whole staff are very nice to deal with. You get updates on your treatment at every step (especially during the embryo development phase) their nursing staff and embryology staff are kind and awesome to deal with. Infertility is stressful but I felt like CORM and Dr perfetto were making it easier. Also since it’s a smaller clinic than other juggernauts in Houston, you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
Don’t be afraid. It is daunting to start seeking treatment when you cannot conceive but dr perfetto is really good at making you feel comfortable. She is totally invested in the care of her patients. Check out her Instagram and you will see for yourself.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [CORM-Houston] is very nice. After my initial surgery to unblock my tubes, I did not see the office for nearly 2 years...However about 1.5 years later I got pregnant. I initially contacted the other office, but they where not open to seeing me since I convinced naturally, even tho the Dr is an RE. I called corm and they saw me every other day until my pregnancy was surgically removed due to it being ectopic...[Dr. Vicki Schnell is] Nice yet busy lady. Approachable
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is very nice. After my initial surgery to unblock my tubes, I did not see the office for nearly 2 years. In that time, I saw another office since i had conceived yet. However about 1.5 years later I got pregnant. I initially contacted the other office, but they where not open to seeing me since I convinced naturally, even tho the Dr is an RE. I called corm and they saw me every other day until my pregnancy was surgically removed due to it being ectopic.
She is very busy, but caring and throughout. For my pregnancy her office started seeing me immediately. When the pregnancy failed, the office monitored me daily. I didn't want to do a DNC, and she agreed to surgery to identify the issue, which was an ectopic pregnancy. She even provided me her cellphone number days up to the surgery out of concern.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Nice yet busy lady. Approachable. Throughout. Very knowledgeable and goal oriented. She's very detailed and knows how to make babies. I'm looking forward to trying to convince with her. She's done 2 surgeries on me. One to unblock my tubes, which was successful as I got pregnant about 2 years later. But that pregnancy was ectopic. She did the surgery to remove the failed pregnancy and my tube. Now 2 years later, I'm ready to try iui or IVF.
None.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
[CORM-Houston is] very nice, warm clean. in the waiting room they offer water or coffee, snacks also available...waiting is not too long. the only thing was room were too cold. I would offer to have more blankets around...I was treated like a human , the staff really cared for how sensitive the topic is and were very understandable...Big group of nurses. very warm thoughtful and sweet. were very gentle with every test ...[Dr. Schnell] was very detailed about any procedure she had to do, also she was very patient with me asking so many questions
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CORM.
very nice, warm clean. in the waiting room they offer water or coffee, snacks also available . syringing in its all via IPad. waiting is not too long. the only thing was room were too cold. I would offer to have more blankets around.
I was treated like a human , the staff really cared for how sensitive the topic is and were very understandable. Dr Shnell was very detailed about any procedure she had to do, also she was very patient with me asking so many questions.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I came in not knowing why I cant conceive. Dr Schnell helped me understand my situation without feeling that something is wrong with my body. she walked me through each option that were available for me. she tried to check other option before talking about going through IVF. since nothing else worked for me, she recommend having to do the IVF. since cost is pretty high I had to put it aside , hoping God and mother nature will do the work. unfortunately until today no luck.
Ask all questions you have, don't be embarrassed, don't feel that something is wrong with you. there are many reason why things don't go as planned.
I remember ultrasound also, checking my tubes to ensure they weren't blocked. results came normal
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
My health insurance only covers some of the treatments
Houston

I also liked they [CORM Houston] were able to provide payment plans for paying that helped us tremendously. No other clinic provides that. The clinic weakness I would say is the staff are not friendly.... For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinics strengths is dr prefetto she is very nice and always showed compassionate. I also liked they were able to provide payment plans for paying that helped us tremendously. No other clinic provides that. The clinic weakness I would say is the staff are not friendly.
Dr.Prefetto was very nice and compassionate dr and always answered our questions with honesty.
The nursing staff were not personable and were nice but not compassionate
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
De Prefetto was very seeet and always felt important although we weren’t successful she was very compassionate about everything. She tried to be there every step of the way and was very emotional the day the last embryo transfer was negative.
Do research on all possibilities for treatment. Also to get on social media there is many women in your shoes and are very supportive.
I don’t remember exactly but I was given medications for ovulation and had egg retrieval. For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
Cost was lower then most other fertility clinics in Houston. They provided payment plans as well and no other clinic does
Dr transferred two the first time but was very specific of the pros and cons of transferring two

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The only thing I dislike is the new system they've [C.O.R.M-Clear Lake] implemented. You call and are connected to a call center who then has to transfer you to the clinic after you've explained why you called. It would be much easier to call the clinic directly to get my questions answered.... I've encountered several of the nurses and every single one has been incredibly sweet and kind. They are all so friendly.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The only thing I dislike is the new system they've implemented. You call and are connected to a call center who then has to transfer you to the clinic after you've explained why you called. It would be much easier to call the clinic directly to get my questions answered.
The first time I contacted dr crochet's office I was in tears, I had just been told that my second pregnancy was going to miscarry. I called his office and they actually worked me in that day. This is a very busy office that takes a couple weeks to get in yet he worked me in that day. Unfortunately there was nothing he could do to save our pregnancy but I felt that he understood our desperation and had us come in rather than treating us like a number.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I like that dr. Crochet handles delicate issues like weight compassionately. He was very kind in telling me it would be helpful to lose weight, he didn't make me feel 2 inches tall for being overweight. We may not leave happy each and every time we see him but we always leave armed with more knowledge and what we need to do for the next visit or treatment.
hes a great doctor, it may take a week or two to get in to see him but take that as a good sign. He's a great doctor.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
the entire staff [at CORM] always treats me with respect and understanding...All the staff were amazing and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable...The clinic is amazing new patients should know that young kids are not allowed in the office out of respect for those going through rough times. The clinic is beautiful and the staff tries their hardest to keep patients from waiting too long.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr. Schnell as well as the entire staff always treats me with respect and understanding.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell went above and beyond to help my husband and I. After any surgerical procedure she always call that evening and/or the next day sometimes twice to make sure I was doing ok. She took the time to sit down and explain things to my husband in great detail after any procedure. She would also give us her personal cell to call if there were any issues!
I tell everybody that they will love Dr. Schnell as well as all of the doctors and staff at CORM and to not be afraid to ask her questions. She always always takes the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand what’s going on.
We started out doing two outs woth ivf med protocols. We did this because my husband had zero issues and our issue was I did not always ovulate. After two rounds we decided to wait and save up for ivf while we were saving we became pregnant naturally.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
I do not remember exactly what the cost were. I want to say the actual iui was $400 and the monitoring etc was around $1200 but again I don’t remember exact details

Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Honestly I felt the clinic [CORM] let me down. I dint have such a good experience with them. There was times I called becuase I had a question and they would not call me back. Ignored me when I was asking about what the other doctor had promised me. Not such good customer service. Also sorry but I did not feel that i was part of a team/ family.... I had a very embarrassing situation with one of the MD theres. I was on my way out of the building and I was stopped by a doctor ( not dr. Sims) to check my receipt of my treatment
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CORM.
Honestly I felt the clinic let me down. I dint have such a good experience with them. There was times I called becuase I had a question and they would not call me back. Ignored me when I was asking about what the other doctor had promised me. Not such good customer service. Also sorry but I did not feel that i was part of a team/ family.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jerry Sims at CORM?
I was treated like a human but I had a very embarrassing situation with one of the MD theres. I was on my way out of the building and I was stopped by a doctor ( not dr. Sims) to check my receipt of my treatment for the day and even when I told her that I had already paid she asked to see my receipt. That day there clerk had printed my receipt on a different color paper so doctor though I had not paid. She later called me to apologize and offer some fear services due to the mistake but once o started asking about it i was ignored. I knew then I did not have a stable relationship with that office I was just a number to them.
Great nursing staff they called me back anytime I had a question. Even if it was simple.
How was your experience with Jerry Sims at CORM?
Excellent doctor. He was always very understanding and caring. Very knowledgeable and also felt that all my diagnoses were treated correctly. He would always be in the visit never just his nurse and that's always a really good sign.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jerry Sims at CORM?
Trust what he says.
Describe the protocols Jerry Sims used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
Did not do any cycles with dr sims
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jerry Sims at CORM.
Around $340 per visit not including labs.

2011 - 2015
They always called when they said they would, and were open to my getting a second opinion. They [the nurses] are knowledgable and keep everything super organized.
2011 - 2015
They always called when they said they would, and were open to my getting a second opinion. Also, they monitored me when I got pregnant naturally the month after my failed IVF. They personally called and got me in with the MFM that later saved my daughter during a high risk pregnancy. I wouldn't have gotten pregnant without Dr. Schnell's excellent surgical skills bc the lap she did helped me get pregnant naturally. She also monitored me again when I got pregnant naturally this year and miscarried, and was super compassionate as everyone at CORM was.
All of them have empathy. They cry with you when you have a loss and are happy for you when you have success. They are knowledgable and keep everything super organized. They call back when they say they will.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She is brilliant and always knows the research. I feel she has the best interest of patients at heart. One area of improvement would be taking time to explain why she does things more slowly.
She knows what she's doing and is through. Because she's not warm and fuzzy, don't interpret it as a lack of caring. She does care, but appears detached sometimes (she really isn't, though). You can trust her.
I can't remember the protocol but I think it was low dose Lupron, Gonal F. We were able to reach retrieval and transfer. We had two good quality embryos. Negative pregnancy test, but I did get pregnant the cycle after naturally, so overall it was successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
I think it was $15,000 for IVF, and another $15,000 for surgeries, etc.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

The clinic [CORM] has multiple locations which helps with access, especially on the weekends...The weakness is that they seem to have a high turnover rate with their nurses. Not sure why...Their office is hard to get a hold of. You have to call and leave a message, then wait for a call back. It is disheartening especially when you need to talk to someone asap...the one [nurse] who took the ultrasounds was really cold and disassociated...
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic has multiple locations which helps with access, especially on the weekends. They are highly rated. The weakness is that they seem to have a high turnover rate with their nurses. Not sure why.
The nurse who did my ivy was compassionate but the one who took the ultrasounds was really cold and disassociated.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She seems to be very knowledgeable, however she passes on a grunt of the work to her nurses, which makes you so unsure about what you are getting. You pay all this money- you want access to the specialist you're paying for.
Just don't expect 100% access. As long as you make peace with that, you'll be fine.
We used Gonal F for my last IUI cycle. Halfway through, she added another medication Menipur. The cycle ultimately failed. We are looking to start iVF next.
The IUI cost almost $3,000. The IVY cycle has been quoted to cost between $12,000 to $20,000.
Houston

I haven’t had any problems with the staff [at CORM-Beaumont]. We’ve only been 4/5 times so I also don’t have much to go off of. I do really like the lady that draws my blood though, she’s sweet and does a great job.... I love that they have everything they need right there in Beaumont. They have great stats and it makes me hopeful. I’ve read tons of reviews and no one has anything bad to say. Like I said before, I always recommend asking questions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
He was very nice and informative. He is making a plan that fits our life.
I haven’t had any problems with the staff. We’ve only been 4/5 times so I also don’t have much to go off of. I do really like the lady that draws my blood though, she’s sweet and does a great job.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet tells us all the facts but also makes it light and tries to be funny about something if able to. It was nice to finally know our issue. He helped us understand that there’s nothing we could have done on our own to increase our chances. We are still getting treatment, but I’m happy with how things have gone so far. I’m hoping he will give us out take home baby.
Ask a lot of questions, he will answer all of them.
So far all we’ve been able to try is have my husband on Clomid and a cocktail of supplements. He also has done blood testing and several ultrasounds on me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
We paid everything with cash as out insurance doesn’t cover anything. It is expensive but anything medical is.
He likes to transfer one embryo at a time.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
I wouldn’t change anything. From my perspective, this staff [CORM] displays complete love for their jobs and is so nice! They definitely make you feel at home and welcomed....From the front desk, to the nurses, to the doctors. This clinic is so well put together and friendly! I love it!...the journey to discover why my husband and I were having difficulties was (not easy to hear) but the tests/procedures were easy because of the staff
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with CORM.
I wouldn’t change anything. From my perspective, this staff displays complete love for their jobs and is so nice! They definitely make you feel at home and welcomed. Thank you so much CRM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He was very sympathetic towards my issues.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He listens and explains any questions you have. He is very sympathetic to your feelings, but he does get directly to the point. I love that about him because I like that he doesn’t “beat around the bush.”
Tell him everything and ask any questions you have. He is patient and wants to answer any questions you have.
I haven’t started my IVF journey yet, but the journey to discover why my husband and I were having difficulties was (not easy to hear) but the tests/procedures were easy because of the staff. After blood work and semen analysis came back great, we went one to an HSG test. This is where we discovered tubal blockage.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
We have an HSA account, so we had the money saved up to pay for these procedures. For all the blood work, tests, procedures, we probably spent a total of $1500-$2000. (This is a total guess because I’m not 100% sure).
From my understanding, he only suggests one, and I love the fact that he care so much for the safety of the mother and child.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

The clinic as whole has been a great experience for me and my husband thus far. They have really treated us like family and take their time with each patient I've noticed. I haven't really noticed any weaknesses myself. ... The IVF cycle is 20-25k. ... Veronica has always been compassionate and also talks to me like a human. ...
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr. Perfetto actually took her time to explain things to me. She talks to and not at me every time I see her. She is very sincere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica has always been compassionate and also talks to me like a human. The entire staff pretty much builds upon the same compassion and care that Dr. Perfetto treats me with.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto is warm, welcoming, knowledgeable and shows a lot of compassion. During every visit I am allowed to ask my questions and time to receive answers. She has always told me what to expect and I have never felt left in the dark about anything.
I would say to just be open minded and willing to take in the information she provides. She is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
I haven't went through any cycles yet with Dr. Perfetto. I am looking forward to going through treatment cycles with Dr. Perfetto in the near future and to be able to experience the positive results that I feel she can produce.
The IVF cycle is 20-25k.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [CORM] is well staffed and the scheduling doesn't overlap too much so the wait time is minimal. Not aware of any weaknesses was not focused, I suppose had there been any major issues they would have stuck out....I feel like she truly cares about the results, as if she's rooting for us as much as our families. I feel like I can trust her to point us in the best direction. Even if were not sure we want to go the route she's suggesting she's not pushy but understanding. She understands the stress and hope that goes with this process.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is well staffed and the scheduling doesn't overlap too much so the wait time is minimal. Not aware of any weaknesses was not focused, I suppose had there been any major issues they would have stuck out.
I feel like she truly cares about the results, as if she's rooting for us as much as our families. I feel like I can trust her to point us in the best direction. Even if were not sure we want to go the route she's suggesting she's not pushy but understanding. She understands the stress and hope that goes with this process. I thank her for that and hope for success in our future.
How was your experience with Anu Kathiresan at CORM?
She lets me know what concerns her most about any situation we go through. I believe her best strength is her compassion. She in this with us not just treating. Not sure about any weaknesses, I suppose I wasn't focused on that so much. I just know I appreciated the time she spent helping me understand and be clear of our situation.
Be prepared for information. She's very thorough in everything she does so it's a lot to absorb.
Houston
The clinic [CORM] is amazing, of course there will always be one person that someone won't get along with but overall they are all very professional and take their time and care deeply for all of their patients. ... She [nurse] stayed on top of communicating directions as well as where I was at in my cycle. She answered all of our crazy questions and made she we understood everything that was happening.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is amazing, of course there will always be one person that someone won't get along with but overall they are all very professional and take their time and care deeply for all of their patients.
Dr. Crochet personalizes each plan and the whole clinic makes you feel welcome and like they care.
She stayed on top of communicating directions as well as where I was at in my cycle. She answered all of our crazy questions and made she we understood everything that was happening.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet explains everything in detail and makes sure you have a full understanding of your treatment plan and what course of action will be taken to achieve pregnancy. He was very thorough. Both my husband and myself feel very confident in our IVF cycle, thanks to Dr. Crochet.
Be patient and ask lots of questions if you do not understand.
Our IVF was male factor. They did low dosage hormones and monitored me throughout the whole treatment course to guarantee that I was not being over stimed or under stimed.
IVF was roughly $14000 and meds were about $4000
I agree 100% with only transferring back 1 embryo
Webster
Honestly, Center of Reproductive Medicine is an amazing clinic with no complaints. I’ve been to both the Memorial City and the TMC locations and both are well maintained and professional. Rooms are always clean. Equipment is sterile and up to date. The office overall is well decorated but not overdone.... Dr. Perfetto takes time to know every patient. Even going through her own pregnancy and coming back from maternity leave, she was up to date of everything that happened when I came back for my follow up.
Attentive. Caring. Passionate.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She is very blunt while maintaining great bedside manner. She’s very personal with each patient and takes her time to explain any procedure. She’s a visual person like me so it’s nice to sit and watch her illustrate which makes it easier to understand in return.
Just be honest and upfront about your situation so that she can do her best to recommend the best treatment plan for you.
So far the only thing I’ve had done with Dr. Perfetto is the removal of my left tube and my right tube being diagnosed non functional. My next step in my journey is IVF but financially it’s a procedure still ways to go.
In total, my IVF procedure would cost $20k.
I have not yet made it this far.
Houston

Monique [nurse at CORM Houston] is very sweet and compassionate. She comforted me after my miscarriage. The other nurses I don’t know well, but I wish they were better about returning phone calls...Hard to get in touch with someone and I have left multiple messages with no response. Their online system is great and they’re very good about keeping it updated. Great instructional videos online as well. They provide you with a personalized calendar about how and when to take your meds which is very convenient.
Describe your experience with CORM.
She spoke to me about my case specifically and addressed me by name and showed empathy
Monique is very sweet and compassionate. She comforted me after my miscarriage. The other nurses I don’t know well, but I wish they were better about returning phone calls
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto is very sweet. She was sure to set realistic expectations for me and didn’t give me false hope. She was very compassionate and takes her time and doesn’t make us feel rushed. She explains things very clearly and answered all of our questions with answers that actually made sense.
Come with a list of every question you can think of because she will actually take her time to answer them all
Femara with Gonal F. Ovidrel trigger shot for IUI
Don’t recall but insurance did not cover medications
Houston

The nursing staff [at CORM] was amazing they performed all blood draws and reviewed my next steps with me after every visit. Due to work I was always the first visit of the day and my Dr. may have been in a procedure so they said once he reviewed results they would call me as promised I would receive a call the same afternoon and would answer any and all questions that I had...The clinic is very strong in communication with you. They are so compassionate about the work they do. They definitely spend time on your individual protocol and adjust quickly as necessary to give you the hight chance of success
Describe your experience with CORM.
The nursing staff was amazing they performed all blood draws and reviewed my next steps with me after every visit. Due to work I was always the first visit of the day and my Dr. may have been in a procedure so they said once he reviewed results they would call me as promised I would receive a call the same afternoon and would answer any and all questions that I had.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet is very kind and very real with the chances we had with ivf. He preformed both my egg retrieval and my transfer. I would highly recommend him he was very proactive with my treatment and adjusted dosing as he saw needed.
If you want to see him face to face more request it. He is more than willjng to meet with you and answer questions you have other wise you are working with the nurses more

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

Office staff [at CORM] is not so great, however... not giving me a cycle schedule or Rx on my first IUI cycle until I protested in the office. Also nearly missed first IUI due to office not having my husband's bloodworm...Don't let them tell you "someone will call you" after on cycle day 1-3 bloodwork. Insist on getting a cycle schedule/plan and prescriptions for cycle then and there. Also be Watch the billing; there's an issue with in vs out of network billing where they've used the wrong tax ID (at least with United Healthcare)
Dr Crochet is great and explains the process and answers all my questions. Office staff is not so great, however... not giving me a cycle schedule or Rx on my first IUI cycle until I protested in the office. Also nearly missed first IUI due to office not having my husband's bloodworm.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Excellent communication and explanation regarding scientific stuff and always patient to answer all my questions. Showed compassion with setbacks... both frustration with office issues and after ectopic.
We used letrozole for 5 days then 3 days of menopure (2 vials each day) due to follicular response. Trigger shot 36 hours before IUI. I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own. I got pregnant, but it was ectopic.
No experience

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

There really wasn't much of a treatment [at CORM]. We just performed an IUI. She had us give my wife a shot in the stomach for her eggs to drop and then inseminated the sperm which was almost nonexistent. Needless to say, it did not take...the IUI was $400, office visits were $100+...They [nurses] were very professional...This clinic didn't seem to have a lot of patients so we were able to get in and out in no time. They pretty much take you right away. They have plenty of reading material in waiting area. Clinic was very clean and the staff was very discrete with the whole process.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr Perfetto was very nice, courteous and always addressed is by our names.
They were very professional.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr Perfetto was very professional. We had a good experience with her. However, she did not address the root cause of our infertility. She diagnosed a low sperm count, but neglected to treat it. We went ahead and did an IUI. Even the nurse that performed the insemination was surprised we were trying with such a low count.
Listen to everything she has to say, but you may want to get a second opinion if it doesn't sound right.
There really wasn't much of a treatment. We just performed an IUI. She had us give my wife a shot in the stomach for her eggs to drop and then inseminated the sperm which was almost nonexistent. Needless to say, it did not take.
I can't really remember all the costs, but the IUI was $400, office visits were $100+.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
They [CORM] get you in quickly. They always return phone calls in a timely manner. They’re nice when you arrive and you don’t wait long. Weaknesses would be it’s hard to get answers quickly and scheduling can be a nightmare when you’re a teacher. ... I went through a battery of tests and had an ultrasound done and tons of bloodwork to be told I have unexplained infertility. No answers no help no course of action.
Describe your experience with CORM.
They get you in quickly. They always return phone calls in a timely manner. They’re nice when you arrive and you don’t wait long. Weaknesses would be it’s hard to get answers quickly and scheduling can be a nightmare when you’re a teacher.
She reviewed my specific information and history.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I just felt like at the end of the day I had no course of action besides wait and keep trying (which we did and we had another loss) or IVF. When I initially saw her I’d only had 2 losses. I made the decision to go to another clinic after that because I didn’t feel like we had a real plan.
Ask questions but be prepared for the possibility that you might not get answers.
We paid copay each time and paid out of pocket for the ultrasound.
We didn’t do that.
Houston

Unfortunately, the staff [CORM] was not always aware of the facts that have been discussed between me and the doctor. Therefore, we had several disputes on the phone because they wanted to make an appointment for treatments that were not necessary. Overall, I felt the staff was not up to date with my file....I did not feel well handled on the phone when appointments were asked for treatments that were not necessary.... eSET was preferred
Describe your experience with CORM.
Please see evaluation of staff in general. The staff was not aware of things that were kind of out of the routine in my case. I did not feel well handled on the phone when appointments were asked for treatments that were not necessary.
she always took all the time we needed to discuss every detail
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Miriam)
Unfortunately, the staff was not always aware of the facts that have been discussed between me and the doctor. Therefore, we had several disputes on the phone because they wanted to make an appointment for treatments that were not necessary. Overall, I felt the staff was not up to date with my file.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She explained everything very good. There was no rush in the appointments. She mentioned the pro's & con's of every treatment as well as realistic chances. Also was very open about the question to continue treatment or not.
Unfortunately, all treatments did not result in any pregnancy. She adjusted the treatment and drug dose every cycle.
$3.500 per cycle
eSET was preferred
Houston

The clinic [CORM] is as far as I understand and experienced strong on every aspect. They have to be considering the issues surrounding every couple that is wanting and trying to expand their family. Only thing I would say is that for parents that bring their kids along for appointments, there should be some place for the kids to sit and wait....Very detail oriented and personable to every patients needs.... Dr. Schnell completely understands my situation and goes above and beyond
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is as far as I understand and experienced strong on every aspect. They have to be considering the issues surrounding every couple that is wanting and trying to expand their family. Only thing I would say is that for parents that bring their kids along for appointments, there should be some place for the kids to sit and wait.
I felt like a human because she sincerely showed empathy for my unique situation of infertility.
Very detail oriented and personable to every patients needs.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell completely understands my situation and goes above and beyond to make my husband and I comfortable. She knows and understands that we had a traumatic lose of an unborn baby. So we know that we are in great hands with Dr. Shnell.
She is great at what she does and is as though she is apart of your family.

5 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
I had a biopsy done [at CORM-Beaumont], labs or not enough of tissue was not taken. I am having another biopsy done free of charge. I also had 6 eggs from a donor egg and only 2 grew. I was good and my other egg isn't the best(per Dr Schnell) so she put my case up for review and I was able to get two more eggs free of charge. But still have to put with sperm to see if they will grow. She is so understanding, sincere and One appointment I saw her get emotional when we was talking in the office.
Other, Prefer not to answer
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Office staff and Dr Schnell are awesome. When I got the negative pregnancy test the nurse was very kind and sincere . Lab, nurses, front desk and the ultrasound tech are very professional. They try to help us in any way possible.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I had a biopsy done, labs or not enough of tissue was not taken. I am having another biopsy done free of charge. I also had 6 eggs from a donor egg and only 2 grew. I was good and my other egg isn't the best(per Dr Schnell) so she put my case up for review and I was able to get two more eggs free of charge. But still have to put with sperm to see if they will grow. She is so understanding, sincere and One appointment I saw her get emotional when we was talking in the office.
Dr Schnell is a down to earth doctor. She will try her best to help. She explains everything is a good way and is up for any questions. She is by far one of the best doctors I have been to.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

It's a blessing to be surrounded by people who truly care about you. They cheer you on the entire race. Makes you feel as though you are not alone throughout the entire process. From the admin, surgery coordinators, scheduling, nurses, ultrasonographers they are all a blessing to know. ... She [Dr. Perfetto] prefers single embryo transfer for your safety as well as reducing risk of your pregnancy.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Great Staff! It's a blessing to be surrounded by people who truly care about you. They cheer you on the entire race. Makes you feel as though you are not alone throughout the entire process. From the admin, surgery coordinators, scheduling, nurses, ultrasonographers they are all a blessing to know.
She focuses on each case individually. She truly cares for her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Awesome staff)
All of the nursing staff give their all.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She is a great doctor with a warm heart! She is skilled in this specialty field and I would consider it a blessing to move forward under her care. Her strengths include her research, her years in this field, she is very current with todays practice and recommendation. She constantly expands her knowledge.
Schedule an appointment or consultation. Perfetto will hear your thoughts concerns and voice her recommendations.
To be determined. I have not been prescribed medication at this time.
To be determined
She prefers single embryo transfer for your safety as well as reducing risk of your pregnancy.
Houston

Strengths would be the clinic [CORM] is clean, organized and different locations to fit your work schedule. Weaknesses with the clinic would be Parking!! Paying about of pocket is no fun and then to have to pay parking as well hurts... For the most part they [Nursing Staff] were great. Returned calls and answered whatever questions you may have pretty quickly.... Dr Schnell is very knowledge and direct. She will tell you if something isn't worth trying or even needed.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strengths would be the clinic is clean, organized and different locations to fit your work schedule. Weaknesses with the clinic would be Parking!! Paying about of pocket is no fun and then to have to pay parking as well hurts
She explained a lot and took time to listen and answer what ever questions I had. Very up front, which I really liked.
For the most part they were great. Returned calls and answered whatever questions you may have pretty quickly.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Very up front, Direct and to point. I prefer a doctor to be that way instead of leading you on. Our issue is male factor and she brought up good points that I didn't think of or even knew about. The other doctor I went to prior wouldn't do that and left me feelings like a I was just a number not really an individual patient.
Dr Schnell is very knowledge and direct. She will tell you if something isn't worth trying or even needed. Which is great a huge plus when most services are being paid out of pocket.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
They [CORM- Wesbster] are great. They know me by name. Usually there is never much of a wait. The doctors will give you their cell if a serious matter is going on. So it does seem they care.Some of the nurses however seem to not know what is going on. Also, I wish financial would be more up front as apposed to receiving bills as an afterthought.... One time a prescription was not called in.
Describe your experience with CORM.
They are great. They know me by name. Usually there is never much of a wait. The doctors will give you their cell if a serious matter is going on. So it does seem they care.Some of the nurses however seem to not know what is going on. Also, I wish financial would be more up front as apposed to receiving bills as an afterthought.
He clearly explained the plan we’re going to take before starting ivf treatment.
The nurses kept in constant contact with me and let me know what to expect next.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He explains clearly in a manner so that I can understand the treatment. He came across as very compassionate, and treated me as my own case. He looked over all of my previous history so that he could come up with the best plan for me moving forward.
He makes sure you understand what is going on and will clearly communicate with you.
I do not remember
Webster
The clinic [CORM Beaumont] was very accommodating.....They seemed very responsive.....One nurse seemed a little indifferent at times, but that's the worst thing I can say...Femara....Letrozole....Ovidrel......injections and IUI 3 times.....One cycle without IUI...unsuccessful....400 out of pocket for IUI
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic was very accommodating.....They seemed very responsive.....One nurse seemed a little indifferent at times, but that's the worst thing I can say...
Very nice gentleman.....No complaints about his demeanor....
How was your experience with Jerry Sims at CORM?
Friendly and approachable. We had very good numbers, but they only panned out after IUI #3 which resulted in a "chemical" pregnancy...I am M 49 y/o, she is F 26 y/o. No physical issues, nor count or motility issues. Unfortunately, no luck yet either....I felt like we continued doing essentially the same things with the same results....
He is a very nice physician. I'm sure he does well for many of his patients
400 out of pocket for IUI ...Meds covered
Describe Jerry Sims's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.

2011 - 2012
Care is extremely personal, well organized and accountable. Information is very open and free flowing. Call backs were almost immediate, even on weekends. A nurse practitioner was assigned to me as well so i was able to have a consistent team.
2011 - 2012
Care is extremely personal, well organized and accountable. Information is very open and free flowing. Call backs were almost immediate, even on weekends. A nurse practioner was assigned to me as well so i was able to have a consistent team.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She is a very thorough and detail oriented individual. She runs a tight ship, so to speak, so I felt confident mistakes would be at a minimum. She ran ultrasounds regularly after conception and was proactive with labs and follow ups. She leaves little to chance. She took into consideration her availability for egg retrieval and implantation as soon as we decided to proceed with ivf.
She is empathetic but not warm and fuzzy. If you need a shoulder to cry on, she will give you resources aplenty. She is there to do the best job she can for the best outcome for you.

2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Clinic [C.O.R.M.] is nice, clean, organized and located in a convenient place. The staff is friendly and always carrying a positive attitude and willing to help with anything. Whether it be payment arrangements, explaining a procedure or medications ... They were very friendly and compassionate when results came in. Always helpful and willing to answer any and all questions honestly and maintained positive attitude
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with CORM.
Clinic is nice, clean, organized and located in a convenient place. The staff is friendly and always carrying a positive attitude and willing to help with anything. Whether it be payment arrangements, explaining a procedure or medications
Compassionate, honest and hopeful
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He was very honest, stuck to facts, provided tips on what we could do to help the process. And understanding of my disappointment each time. He maintained a positive attitude throughout our treatment and understood when I needed to take a break from the process.
Be open and honest

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

The doctors in this office [C.O.R.M. - Houston] see their patients almost every time and make an effort to be the primary doctor...The nurses did a good job conveying dr. Perfetto's plan...We did oral and injectable iui...is a smaller practice
Describe your experience with CORM.
The doctors in this office see their patients almost every time and make an effort to be the primary doctor.
Always felt like I was involved in decision making and never felt lost in the process
The nurses did a good job conveying dr. Perfetto's plan
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto had an amazing bedside manner and always made me feel like I was involved. I trusted her recommendations and did not feel pressured to rush to ivf like I did at other clinics. She also saw me at most of my visits and made sure I always knew our next steps
She is a smaller practice so she may not be the doctor you hear about, but she's the doctor worth finding.
We did oral and injectable iui
We did not do ivf, but she made it clear Eset is her primary goal with all patients
Houston
The nurses and administrative staff [at CORM] are very sweet and very quick with appointments setup. Ashley has been very supportive and kind while answering my questions. She had always phoned the prescriptions to the pharmacy on time. The other staff has answered all my insurance related questions on time. The clinic has a very positive vibe overall...Clinic is very neat and clean. They have a very positive environment overall. They are always very quick with appointments setup and would answer all your questions that you may have. Before starting our treatment, they explained us all the costs that we would have to bear and all the parts that will be covered by our insurance
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr. Anu is one of the best doctors I have been to. She is very patient and knowledgeable. She knows exactly what she is doing and very confident with her approach. She takes time to explain her patients the overall procedure. The nurses and administrative staff are also very sweet and very quick with appointments setup. They had always phoned the prescriptions to the pharmacy on time and have answered all my insurance related questions on time. The clinic has a very positive vibe overall.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
The nurses and administrative staff are very sweet and very quick with appointments setup. Ashley has been very supportive and kind while answering my questions. She had always phoned the prescriptions to the pharmacy on time. The other staff has answered all my insurance related questions on time. The clinic has a very positive vibe overall
How was your experience with Anu Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Anu is one of the best doctors I have been to. She is very patient and knowledgeable. She knows exactly what she is doing and very confident with her approach. She takes time to explain her patients the overall procedure. She is amazing!
Be patient and trust your doctor!
We were doing the IUI cycles since I had problem with ovulation and PCOS. We didn't do the injectables since I was very young and had chances of multiples. We only did the pills and cycle monitoring. Our second cycle was successful.
Houston

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Everything about CORM was amazing They were so organized, I could get an appointment any time/date. Never did I feel in the dark, and I never felt “new” they knew me by name and really tried to get to know me as a person rather a patient...The nurse was always so happy and compassionate and the nursing staff really felt as family. And concerns or questions I had they were always there to help...She [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] gave it to me straight but also had compassion...Honestly, there’s nothing negative to say about her,
Describe your experience with CORM.
She gave it to me straight but also had compassion. Told me what was going on but also said sorry and told me what other things I could do and to not give up
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto was such an amazing doctor, as someone that was completely new to a fertility clinic she made me feel at home. Never did she make me feel like having a baby was impossible but she always let me know that I was a severe case. When I didn’t understand something she always explained without hesitation. She comforted me after a negative pregnancy test and gave me hope afterwards. Honestly, there’s nothing negative to say about her, she knew exactly what she was doing and made me always feel like I was in good hands.
Ask any every question
When we first met with Dr.Perfetto. And she told us IVF was our only option we had to wait a couple of months to get our finances together, IVF is very expensive and we were not prepared for it at all. She started my on Lupron injections, I have severe endometriosis and with the injections it would kinda kick starts hormones to pretty much freeze everything, luckily I only needed to be on the injection for 3 months then we kick started IVF, I started with birth control for 3 weeks then I started taking my hormones with every other day getting blood work and getting ultrasounds to see how many eggs I had. I triggered and the next morning I went off to my egg retrieval where they got my eggs, we waited five days to do my transfer but unfortunately the embryo didn’t take so we decided an hysterocopy was my best choice to do before starting a new cycle to remove all adhesions, or try to atleast. I waited 2-3 weeks then we went at again but this time it was a shorter cycle but none the less I still had to have my injections everyday with monitoring every other day, we did my transfer, we transferred 2, to give me a better chance of conceiving even though Dr. Perfetto did not think it was best, we went with it and 14 days past transfer we got a positive blood test!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
No like at all for ultrasounds, I always got seen right away and dr. Perfetto did them usually
I believe it was $850 to start and for a full cycle including egg retrieval it was $14,000 to keep our embryos frozen it’s $500/ year Medicine was anywhere from $2,000-$5,000
She absolutely perfected single transfer because it was less of a risk, health and the chance of being more than two

2017 - 2019
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The nursing staff [at CORM] is friendly and caring. They respond quickly and are competent...They bill what they can through insurance but the rest was pretty standard from what I’ve learned by talking to patients of other clinics...The staff is friendly and considerate of your time. The financial coordinators take the time to explain everything in detail and are not pushy. Questions are always welcomed. Everyone goes the extra step to take care of you.
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with CORM.
The nursing staff is friendly and caring. They respond quickly and are competent.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is direct and to-the-point, at times she is moving quickly through the appointment, but she is always listening and has your best interest at heart. She just doesn’t take as long to process it all as some and she does this day-in and day-out so she can come off as aloof but she’s really not; she genuinely cares about her patients and will do her best for them. I trust her completely.
Have your questions ready and don’t take her “to-the-point” demeanor personally. Trust that she knows your case and cares about you. She moves fast but she will slow down and explain more if needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Dr. Schnell only goes single embryo transfers.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

[The nurses at CORM-Houston] gives me a translation person that xplain everything..,They are really clean, organized, professional, respect to me and always answered all’s my questions... Have the most advanced equipment, Technology .., the have a good space and confortable.,,have a diferents location...Dr Candice Perfetto is really professional and human person ... she gives me confidence and made me feel good like I’m doing everything for have a good result
Describe your experience with CORM.
They are really clean, organized, professional, respect to me and always answered all’s my questions... Have the most advanced equipment, Technology .., the have a good space and confortable.,,have a diferents location arrow for the city .,,
Lik a human because she is really sensitive when she have to give us one answer and she look like really interested on our case ...
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Cinthya )
They was O’Leary’s really shure that me understand everything and they gives me a translation person that xplain everything..,
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr Candice Perfetto is really professional and human person ... she gives me confidence and made me feel good like I’m doing everything for have a good result.,.., I’m really thankful and I recommend this to anyone that is looking for a great doctor ...
Confidence
I can’t xplain all the process ,,, but I will try .,. She give me some inyección and medication and vitamins for later try to take of my eggs ... thanks I had a surgery for take my eggs finally then convert my eggs with my husband eggs in embryon... But my eggs wasn’t Helty and she cannot do the transfer to me.... but she say that we can try to repeat the process or looking for a donate eggs ...
Not comment
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
most of the team [at CORM-Webster] was nice and even remembered my name.... RetrievaI Protocol we used birth control for 4 weeks and my hub and I used an antibiotic the last 10 days of birth control. We then used an antagonist (cetrotide) for 3 days. skip one day then take the gonal-f 373 units and 10 units of microdose ovidrel for three days. I then had an US and bloodwork. Dr Schnell then increased my gonal-f to 450 units per day and continued the 10 units of microdose ovidrel. I was then monitored every other day including weekends. On the 12th day I triggered with Lupron and on the 14th day was my egg retrieval.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
most of the team was nice and even remembered my name.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is honest and open. She was very thorough in her explanation of what was going on and what needed to be done so that we can successfully conceive. She is very nice and considerate of the sensitivity of infertility. It is obvious she knows what she's doing and is dedicated to her practice.
Ask questions if you don't understand. She is honest and won't steer you wrong.
my dr prefers to only transfer one embryo at a time

2011 - 2014
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
I think that the clinic [CORM- was great and it was close to home for me so I didn't have to travel a lot. I liked that they did not allow children to be present in the clinic. I know that everyone is different, but when going through this difficult time it was comforting to me not to have to smile behind my tears.... The nurses were overall good. Some better than others.
2011 - 2014
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
I think that the clinic was great and it was close to home for me so I didn't have to travel a lot. I liked that they did not allow children to be present in the clinic. I know that everyone is different, but when going through this difficult time it was comforting to me not to have to smile behind my tears.
He was always personable and kind. I never felt like a number I felt like I mattered.
The nurses were overall good. Some better than others.
How was your experience with Jerry Sims at CORM?
Dr. sims was my knight in shining armor. He saved me from more than 10 years of failed fertility treatments. Without him I would not have my two beautiful twin boys! I feel that he truly assisted in a miracle when he assisted us in getting pregnant.
Be comfortable being a patient and remember to ask questions if you don't understand.
Dr. Sims had to use the highest dose of every med to get me to respond but it did work!
The IVF was $13,000 in 2014 that did not include medications