Genetic counseling: Offered
Pearland, TX 77584
281.332.0073
1015 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CORM to a friend?

2016 - 2019
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
The financial counselor [at CORM] gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication...The clinic is very private and the ambiance is very warm and inviting. They have on site lab, ultrasound machines, HSG testing and more. It helps when it’s a one stop clinic because you don’t have to travel to so many places. The one thing I would change is parking. It is kind of difficult to enter and exit and you also have to pay to park.
2016 - 2019
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Describe your experience with CORM.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I felt like a human because she understood my struggles with PCOS and didn’t automatically weight shame me. She explains everything in terms I understand. Most important, when I was at my lowest point and received an unexpected diagnosis, she was empathetic and even called me to check and see if I was okay. I will always remember that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
I remember a group of people caring for me. They were always ready to answer my questions.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia with atypia and could not proceed. During that crucial and devastating diagnosis, she was very empathetic and I felt she was on my side. She gave me options and didn’t leave me blindsided. After hormone therapy , I returned to her facility for further treatment. I wouldn’t choose anyone else for my care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto’s shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile.
Describe the protocols Candice O'Hern Perfetto used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea. After my cycle, I went in for an ultrasound to check my uterine lining, I was then prescribed Letrozole to induce ovulation. During this process, we did have to up the dose and it worked. When I had an ultrasound with a follicle, I was instructed to trigger shot. I was given a calendar with instructions of every step of the way. After trigger, we timed intercourse based on instructions. We then waited two weeks for blood work which resulted in a negative pregnancy. During the two week wait, I was prescribed progesterone suppositories to help prevent miscarriage. After the negative test, I was instructed to discontinue progesterone suppositories.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.
The financial counselor gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication. This current time, the counselor provided an updated contract with updated pricing and we were once again told up front what was not included in the contract. Since my insurance doesn’t cover fertility, all my charges must be paid upfront with the contract. This is probably the most difficult part of this process. The contracts cost thousands of dollars upfront and it is heart wrenching when the funds are not available or limited.
Houston

[Costs at CORM were] 3,000 roughly. We had 1,200 for the blood work, and visits. 500 for the iui and the rest was medications...Very clean facility. Very nice staff. The nurses were very seeet. The lab was very sweet as well. The only downfall was the assistant during my procedure for iui presser a little too hard during the ultrasound. Other than that the staff were a delight...Any questions I had I contacted her and even if she didn’t answer immediately she would call me back that day.
Latino, Other
Describe your experience with CORM.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Crochet at CORM?
He was very presentable and conversational. He had great bedside manners and made sure to explain everything. He spoke directly to us and not through us if that makes sense.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
I wish I remembered he name, but she was as sweet as pie. Any questions I had I contacted her and even if she didn’t answer immediately she would call me back that day. Every visit we saw her and she was so sweet.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
As stated before he was very personable and explained everything is great details. The first time we met with him he explained everything we needed to know moving forward. He was very sweet and detailed. Even though we did not conceive our first attempt he was quick to find a solution for the second round. We just didn’t procede since we are paying out of pocket. But we certainly would’ve had him as our doctor again.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Crochet at CORM?
Bring a notebook with questions for him. He is great to answer all of them.
Describe the protocols John Crochet used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
Dr.Crochet used femara 5mg, trigger shot was ovidrel, and he at first gave me menopur 175 iu, I had to request for four more injections due to eggs not maturing fast enough. The menopur was the priciest medications. I was also tested for diabetes and while not diabetic he prescribed me 1,000 mg of metformin xr.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
3,000 roughly. We had 1,200 for the blood work, and visits. 500 for the iui and the rest was medications. They did send us to a mail in medications, however, since I had to take last minute medications there was one that cost a little over 300 for menopur.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

There is an office near my work that I initially began at. I started here because of this convenience. However, it doesn't have the same lab abilities ... Also, they do not have the ability to call and speak with a nurse or even email with a question. You can only call the nurse triage line and leave a voice message. ... The nursing staff has been nice, but unorganized. ...
Describe your experience with CORM.
This is a tough one. There is an office near my work that I initially began at. I started here because of this convenience. However, it doesn't have the same lab abilities and my Dr. is only there once a week so I am constantly referred to the medical center location which is 45 min away. Also, they do not have the ability to call and speak with a nurse or even email with a question. You can only call the nurse triage line and leave a voice message. The previous clinic I went to had both options and made me feel they were much more available. They also aren't open on the weekends except for their Clear Lake location (2 hours from my house) and require (sometimes 7AM) Saturday appointments. The previous clinic I went to was open every single day.
Dr. Perfetto is very warm and compassionate. She reassures me that my feelings are real and valid. She also reminds me that my newly diagnosed endometriosis causes me more problems than I realize and is honest in her recommendations for fertility treatments because of it. She also did not push me to pursue IVF once I told her we couldnt afford it.
The nursing staff has been nice, but unorganized. I'm not sure if Dr. Perfetto has one head nurse because I've seen and spoken with several. I'm not sure what role each nurse plays. One of her nurses has been very short and agitated with me on the phone. The other is incredibly sweet but seems uninformed about some of my issues and provides more administrative type duties.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto has been compassionate, patient and understanding. I initially consulted with her for my unexplained infertility issues and later developed a endometrioma that required surgical removal. She diagnosed me with endometriosis related infertility. Since then, she has been honest about what she believes will work and what will not. She provides solid information to support those beliefs. Her kind, nurturing nature has been what I've needed while constantly getting bad news.
I would say she really seems to care about us a patient. I was referred by a friend as well.
After laparoscopy to remove an endometrioma, I took one cycle of birth control pills. IUI Round 1: I began my first IUI cycle by day 2 blood work and ultrasound. On day 3, I started with five days of letrozole and then three days of Gonal-F injections (100). The letrozole was not supposed to interfere with my endo as much as other meds. I returned to the clinic on day 11 and only had two follicles at ultrasound time so I took another dose of Gonal-F (150) and then ovadril (100) to ovulate. IUI was preformed on day 13. I began progesterone supposotories the day after IUI. On day 20, I retuned to the clinic for progesteone test and continued suppositories until I began my period naturally. That resulted in a negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle 2: I began my second IUI cycle by day 2 blood work and vaginal ultrasound. On day 3, I started with five days of letrozole and then three days of Gonal-F injections (100). The letrozole was not supposed to interfere with my endo as much as other meds. I returned to the clinic on day 13 and only had one follicles at ultrasound time. I had also started to ovulated on my own. IUI was preformed on day 14. I began profesterone supposotories the day after IUI. On day 21, I retuned to the clinic for progesteone test and continued suppositories until I began my period naturally. That resulted in a negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle 3: I began by day 3 ultrasound and blood work/pregnancy test. I began 5 days of clomid (one tab/50) followed by 3 days of Gonal-F (100). Dr Perfetto decided that clomid might produce more follicles than the previous results from letrozole. She commented that I might have more endo side effects but we felt it was worth it. I am scheduled to return for vaginal ultrasound and lab work on day 11.
For my endometrioma surgery, my insurance covered a good part and I had a co-insurance. My IUI is covered by my insurance for 6 rounds. I only pay for the medicine out of pocket. The last three cycles have been about $600 for letrozole/clomid, Gonal-F, Ovadril and progesterone suppositories.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.

Was prescribed the wrong dose of a medication and I ended up spending more than I had to and wasted the extra medication. ... When walking in the clinic [CORM], no one greets you. ... They tell you your amount when leaving and give you a small receipt but you never are told what you are paying for or an explanation. Don’t expect to see the doctor while going to all of your appointments because most of the time you will just see the nurse.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Don’t expect to be greeted while coming into the clinic. They tell you your amount when leaving and give you a small receipt but you never are told what you are paying for or an explanation. Don’t expect to see the doctor while going to all of your appointments because most of the time you will just see the nurse. I’ve been to multiple appointments and can’t even tell you the name of one person in the clinic. There are different faces every time.
When walking in the clinic, no one greets you. They make you sign in on a computer and wait for them to come and get you.
Most are really nice but I’ve seen a different nurse each time I’ve went in and they were trying a new girl and she was learning the IUI procedure for my first one a she performed the second one. I would have liked to feel more comfortable and confident with the ones performing the procedure.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I fee that when I have questions about my treatment and I question why certain meds were used, she gets very defensive and does not give a good explanation why she chose it. I asked if we did IVF with here would she implant multiple embryos and she said no she refuses to do it. No explanation of certain medical reasons of why she chooses to not do it. I just feel like it’s an empty clinic with no real answers.
Don’t expect to see her a lot and most times the appointments you have with her are not positive. I understand that she has to be realistic about treatments but I feel no compassion when I have appointments with her.
I was never told why we used certain meds for the for the first IUI that we did. When the first IUI didn’t work she changed meds but didn’t explain why.
Not for sure the complete cost of any of the IUI procedure and the cost that I’m paying for. When I recently asked for a print out they did email me a list of what I’ve paid for but some of the payments I’ve made were missing.
Describe Candice O'Hern Perfetto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
She just said she refuses to do multiple transfers

2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
We have had ups and downs with this clinic [CORM-Webster], but overall we have had a really good experience. They are pretty flexible when they can be, and try to accommodate you as best they can. Once they ironed out the “too many people” on our case, things got a whole lot better.... There was just one incident where they scheduled me for an appointment, then when I got to the clinic, someone had cancelled my appointment without informing me
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
We have had ups and downs with this clinic, but overall we have had a really good experience. They are pretty flexible when they can be, and try to accommodate you as best they can. Once they ironed out the “too many people” on our case, things got a whole lot better.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
This is the BEST dr in this field. We have been through so much together and she hasn’t given up on us yet. Everything we go through is very personalized and she feels our pain and is very compassionate when something doesn’t work out. Even though we haven’t gotten our happy ending yet, I would never go with another dr. If we are going to get pregnant and carry a baby to term, I know dr Schnell will be the one who gets us there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Nicole O’brien)
Once we complained about having too many nurses on our case, with lots of miscommunication, we were assigned the head nurse. She is amazing. Some of the nurses seem confused at times.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I absolutely love Dr. Schnell. She has tried everything and covers all of her bases. She even consults with other doctors when we hit bumps in the road with our treatment. I love that she doesn’t give up on us, and we are a very hard case!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Always ask questions if you have them. Don’t be afraid, she will explain everything that you are unsure of.
Describe the protocols Vicki Schnell used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I’ve gone through so much, I can’t remember specifics. I’ve gone through IUIs, natural cycles with fertility meds, IVF, egg retrieval with freeze all cycle. We did genetic testing on all embryos. I have recurrent miscarriages, endometriosis, and unexplained infertility. Everything she has done, went along with those things, especially with endometriosis being the catalyst to all of my problems.
Well over $35,000
Describe Vicki Schnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
She chose to only transfer one embryo at a time bc of my recurrent miscarriages and failed implantation.

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
[CORM] Strength ...they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm .... my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time... . Communication and overall explanation is very poor...They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strength - overall I fell better there than the previous clinic as you see smiley faces and they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm . Also I can’t atress enough but DR SCHNELL has to be more upfront and involved . She is like this invisible hand moving things so you always have to guess is it her or Rns directions ... just not comforting at all
Dr. Scnhell is not exactly th most responsive person . Her bedside manners lack any sympothy and I feel like was rushed through every appointment I had . Also I only seen her twice to chat during the whole process from November 2017 till end of March 2018. He whole clinic is run by Rn’s and BCN’s who are nice but don’t have the same knowledge as a Dr would .
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica matches Dr schnell personality . She sometimes very warm and some days I am scared to ask any questions and some I don’t even get to see her and BCN for Dr Perfetto subs for her . They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any . For example my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I think as I mentioned before she is very brash and seems to be uncaring . I only went to see her because of a friend recommendation who got pregnant with her on IUI cycle but misscary later on . I wish she would meet with the patients more often or even check how ones doing . It is a grueling process and it nice to see that someone whom you just paid (not directly ) $$$$$$ would care to ring you and ask how things are going . Instead you play cat and mouse game of calling a triage line and waiting for a nurse to call back . If you have an emergency question like I had you wait for hours for someone to haves mercy and call you back . They always do but a lot of the time I was on the brick of a nervous breakdown or simply annoyed with that practice . As I said I feeel like she should show her face more . Once she saw me getting a blood work done I felt like she almost run away after seeing me . May be it is just her and being awkward with people but I know if I invest all I have financially and emotionally I need to see the same from the Dr as well . Well she ain’t that
Go elsewhere , I am trying Perfetto next and after that a different clinic in different state . Houston doesn’t really have a good fertility clicnic. This is my second one .
She first saw me in November after my failed IUI attempts at another clinic . She set things straight as weather we do more invasive IUI with injection previously only done with clomid or we go for IVF . Since my coverage was starting in January we decided to go agead and wait a few months prepping for the best IVF outcomes . Bunch of tests were ordered some used from the previous clinic like genetic testing. My man and FSH . Firstly in January my FSH was super high and no one wanted to admit but from what I know it is due to overdose of clomid at first clinic . So naturally it went down the next cycle and thank god to wheatgrass shots . So we started our journey - ultrasounds more blood work. Estrogen priming . Baseline showers a giant cyst . Set back . She put me on birhcontrol . Btw when I said she I mean nurses I have not talked to her ever since that November appointment . Cyst was gone the next cylcle and I stared my injections . Gonal-250 am and pm micro HCG pm hen after 7-8 days I think Cetrotite so 4 injections total . Ultrasounds , blood work etc . And a trigger shot which somehow my nurse filled in and out inside the gonal f box and I tossed it as I couldn’t see it . I had paniclalg called the clinic on a day of a trigger to find a replacement . Dr called me after almost 2 hours and couldn’t say much but sorry . Thank god I had an extra ovidrel from my last IUI so I triggered with that
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Since my insurance paid some amount we are still in the process of submitting and approving claims . So far we have paid 4K but expecting more
I don’t think she ever said anything like that but nurse was saying one at a time

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

[CORM- Beaumont was] Clean and well organized. Blood work and ultrasound was taken at clinic...Scheduling was easy and got good reminders. Easy to find location. HSG was very easy and quick. I had to go back to discuss the results which I felt was unnecessary since the HSG was normal...[nurses were] Overall helpful and informative. Not too personal, but friendly...When I went to another doctor, it took several calls to get my information to be sent over.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Clean and well organized. Blood work and ultrasound was taken at clinic. Clinic is just an hour away from my house. Scheduling was easy and got good reminders. Easy to find location. HSG was very easy and quick. I had to go back to discuss the results which I felt was unnecessary since the HSG was normal.
It wasn't a personal conversation. I actually cried during my consultation and he wasn't very comforting. He did help explain why the surgery my first doctor was unnecessary.
Overall helpful and informative. Not too personal, but friendly.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I was very straight forward that I wanted a consultation for what my first doctor suggested. He gave me a satisfactory recommendation, which was to have a hsg to see the outcome before anything else. During the hsg, he explained exactly what was going on and made me comfortable. I was able to see the procedure on an xray machine (which was cool). The diagnosis of unexplained infertility was a bit devastating and left me hopeless and I didn't really feel like I had many options. I didn't understand if everything was fine then why I couldn't get pregnant. Although I might have expected a lot from Dr. Crochet, he didn't really help me understand how infertility treatments could work with me. A friend actually recommended this clinic, but another doctor.
Have all your history written down because he doesn't ask a lot of questions.
Dr. Crochet recommended a HSG to see if there were any blockages since all my bloodwork showed normal. I did no fertility treatments with this clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Office visits, ultrasound and HSG was not covered by insurance.

PCOS, Unexplained
Their office staff [CORM] is friendly, patient, and responsive. The main con is how amount of prompts you have to press before reaching the proper extension when calling the office. ... Appointments were quick and very short wait times. They were very good at doing the blood work and ultrasounds quickly but still didn't make me feel rushed. ... The nursing staff has always been extremely communicative. They return my call within the hour and answer my questions with honesty.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic's strengths are extensive, however I would say they have a quiet, clean, and nice office. Their office staff is friendly, patient, and responsive. The main con is how amount of prompts you have to press before reaching the proper extension when calling the office.
Dr Perfetto spoke to my husband and I as if our journey to a successful pregnancy and baby was her journey as well. While she was very forward and honest about her concerns and recommendations, she delivered it in a sensitive manner. Dr Perfetto answered all of our questions extensively and we never felt rushed or pressured to do anything we weren't comfortable with. My husband and I had some religious considerations and she always remembers them when discussing treatment. You can tell she truly cares about each of her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Anne Carter and Maryanne Fisher)
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I cannot recommend Dr Perfetto enough! Her knowledge and honesty brought such clarity to such a stressful and difficult situation in my life and marriage. She was always available for questions and answered honestly, even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear. She goes out of her way to make sure to address each concern I have and discuss the pros and cons of each situation. When delivering any big news, happy or sad, Dr Perfetto made sure to be the one to call and tell us. I completely trust Dr Perfetto to help grow our family and her knowledge and expertise gives us the hope we need to keep trying.
Don't be embarrassed or shy to ask any question or concern!!! She is very knowledgeable and always responds with honesty.
Dr Perfetto prescribed letrozole which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. We then attempted letrozole a few more times with no success. We finally decided to do IVF after Dr Perfetto referred us to a study that would decrease our costs. On day 5 of the embryo transfer, she called us and told us none of our embryos progressed but we can wait and see if on day 6 any progress. On day 6, one embryo progressed and we froze it and did FET 2 cycles later. It resulted in a healthy pregnancy and baby. Currently we are considering doing IUI or IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
I honestly do not remember the exact costs but I spent a few thousand dollars on IVF and the medications. The medications were a lot but didn't have anything to do with the clinic. I was able to get a discounted IVF cost due to being a part of a study.
Dr Perfetto discussed it briefly, however we were set on only transferring one embryo based on our situation and research so there wasn't too much to discuss.

IVF, Surrogacy
The clinic [C.O.R.M.] is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. ... They [nurses] were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable ... I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she [nurse] managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. The office was very clear on treatment costs which was nice because we knew upfront exactly what was expected and there were no surprises on payments. Also there was one visit I had where I was getting a lot of blood drawn because I was getting multiple tests done. They were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable and if I ever felt dizzy they had extra staff on standby to offer cold towels and juice. Something that seemed so small really made me feel comfortable and confident in my choice of a fertility clinic
Every time I walked into her office she knew me by name and knew my medical history by heart without ever having to refer back to my file
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie Plaunty)
She is amazing! She always responds with any questions that day if not within the hour. I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She really cared about our best interest and our specific situation that has led us to IVF. My husband and I decline to do genetic testing on ourselves because it was optional. We decided to do genetic testing on our embryos because that is all we really cared about. We even signed our consent forms stating we are refusing genetic testing on ourselves. Dr. Schnell asked us very politely why we refused our genetic testing. She was concerned because I am of Ashkenazi Jewish heritage and we carry specific genetic diseases. She explained further that the genetic testing on the embryos was not as detailed as the genetic testing we get on ourselves. She made us realize that it was in our and our future baby’s best interest to go the extra mile to make sure everything was okay. She really cared about us and our future baby.
She does tend to talk very fast but don’t be afraid to stop her and ask for an explanation or more detail. She will not hesitate to answer any and all questions and will really break everything down for you
We are currently going through IVF with egg freezing because we have to use a surrogate. Our IVF plan is to start me on birth control for about 2 weeks and then start self administered hormone injections. I will do hormone injections for about 2 weeks. Once my eggs are mature they will be removed for fertilization and freezing
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Unfortunately by insurance denied by IVF treatment so all costs were out of pocket
My doctor advised she will only do single embryo transfer. This is because there is always a small chance of having twins or triplets or more and for the safety of her patient and future child she does not want to put any of us at an unnecessary risk. Complicates can always arise during pregnancy and increasing the odds of having multiple children at once can increase those risks

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

The team at CORM from Doctors to nurses, to office staff are so warm, welcoming, compassionate and friendly. They take the time to get to know you. Everyone is educated on your case so you do not have to repeat your self ever. They are very educational, want to provide you with all of the facts and stay away from giving you false hope.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr. Crochet took time to explain every treatment plan based on our personal circumstances. He didn't seemed rushed and never made us feel stupid for asking questions. He was also very patient with us when we would cry in his office and showed a lot of compassion. Dr. Crochet was very encouraging and seemed determined to find a treatment plan that would work for us. I also appreciated that he never gave us false hope. He was always VERY real with us. It seems like he always tries to provide as much information as possible and empowers us to choose the best plan for us as a couple. We never felt pressured or like we misunderstood anything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Nicole and Taylor)
All of the nurses at CORM have showed compassion. All have been well organized and have taken the time to get to know me as a patient, even by name. If I go in for a blood draw, everyone who walks by and sees me says hi and calls me by my first name. It is always so welcoming.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet is the absolute best. He made us feel like we were his number 1 priority each and every visit. He never rushed us through our appointments and always provided as much information as possible to help us choose the treatment plan we wanted based on the facts at hand. He never pushed us into making decisions and always provide the most compassion and support through our treatment process.
Dr. Crochet is going to be real with you . He is not going to sugarcoat anything. He will give you all of the facts and help you make an informed decisions off of those facts. He doesn't want to provide you false hope and he will not make you feel stupid for asking questions.
My husband has a low sperm count, so he placed him on clomid. After several month of trying naturally with the clomid, we moved on to IUI. The first IUI was unsuccessful, we decided to do a double insemination with the second IUI. That IUI took, but we miscarried a 5w4d. So we decided to try again. The 3rd IUI failed, but I did not respond as well to the medications. Dr. Crochet changed my meds, and we gave IUI one more chance. When it failed, we decided to move on to IVF. I am currently under stimulation medication and plan to have my retrieval early next week.
IUI- $1275 (Single insemination) or &1675 (double insemination) IVF $14,500
Describe John Crochet's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The nurses [at CORM] were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor... The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number...If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The Center of Reproductive Medicine is located in an office building in the outer parts of the medical center in Houston, Texas. The clinic is very nice and clean. The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number. If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am. You give a urine sample first, get bloodwork drawn (a full panel). Another nurse comes in and asks about any and all medical history that you may have, your partner, your parents and siblings. The third nurse prepares all of your information for the doctor. Once the doctor comes in she evaluates and gathers more information from you to come up with a plan of action. The doctor then has another nurse with her to complete a full evaluation and an ultrasound to see what is going on. . It is very comfortable, quiet and relaxing. Also, Snacks and water are given upon request. The only downside is the fee for parking.
Moment I walked in the office I was greeted and asked to sign in. Once I signed in I was called by name and spoke with at least 3 people during my visit. They were all personable, attentive and kind. They ensured they knew my previous information before speaking with me so we didn't have to waste time explaining anything. I feel very comfortable here. I am mostly appreciative that I am heard and Dr. Schnell, along with the nurses and all office workers, show empathy.
The nurses were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is very kind and understanding. It is very obvious she has an extensive amount of experience helping people achieve their reproductive goals. She is attentive and very honest. I really appreciate her. I am very comfortable speaking with her about anything I am experiencing and she never brushes off my concerns. I am always given her undivided attention and my appointment is never rushed.
Prospective patients should listen to her advice and guidance. Feel free to trust her because she will do what is in your best interest.
I am in the early stages. After my first appointment Dr. Schnell noticed that I had Uterine Fibroids and recommended I have the 5 uterine fibroids removed via laparoscopic myomectomy. During surgery she also completed a hysteroscopy. While in surgery she noticed that my fallopian tubes were fused together. She was able to open them. Unfortunately, I am left with scarred tubes making it hard for an egg to maneuver its way to my uterus. The only option now is IVF. This is the only way for me to conceive. The first step was for me attending an IVF seminar. Dr. Schnell is now waiting for me to get started with treatments. My only hold up is accessing the funds to begin the next steps. While we wait she gave me a calendar to mark ovulation. I take my body temperature the same time every month and I chart the start and end of my cycle. I must continue to do this until it I am prepared to begin the IVF process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Bloodwork- depends on panel office visit- normal insurance copy Laparoscopic Myomectomy Dr Fee after insurance-$850.00 Hospital Fee- $1800.00 Post-Op Visits- $300.00
During the IVF Seminar I was made aware that the clinic only does single embryo transfer.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

The clinic [CORM in Webster] is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff...She [Dr. Vicki Schnell] overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing o
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff.
The overall staff at CORM are warm and friendly, and Dr. Schnell is for the most part, too. However, when it came to presenting results of our genetic testing, she told us about our multiple embryo abnormalities of our genetically tested blast with a very cheery tone over the phone after leaving a cheery voicemail that they were in, which was not supportive and quite upsetting for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
My primary nurse was really compassionate but often anxious, which added to the stress of the cycle.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is knowledgeable about her field and overall supportive, and I know that she has helped a lot of people, including others I know, especially younger friends. She always took time to answer all of our questions and was overall timely. However, she was somewhat disorganized. She would sometimes go over blood work and sometimes not. At times, I had to ask her to review it with us. Once she had blood work results back for two weeks and saw that she wanted to add a medication once she reviewed them but it was two weeks after the results were available on our portal. She overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing on sperm. She also had no knowledge about certain protocols potentially helping and went to look them up in the middle of our meeting...the same protocol I had success with at another clinic later. It also turns out that the other clinic found that we had a significant sperm issue as well. When I asked how she felt about us getting a second opinion, she stated that she preferred we do so within her practice.
Do your research on IVF and other treatments so you can ask informed questions throughout the process.
We did IVF, priming with birth control, and we used micro dose Ovidrel, Ganirelix, Follistim, and a trigger shot. We had far fewer eggs retrieved than anticipated and only had one abnormal blast. The rest of the embryos arrested after day three (after looking great on day three).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Monitoring appointment were efficiently run.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our insurance had a contract with them which was wonderful. We had only a few thousand in out of pocket costs.
Webster

The entire new patient process was super easy. Everyone one i spoken with was super helpful. I would not say the clinic [CORM] has any weakness, but their straighten would be that you feel welcomed. I felt like the entire staff knew what they were doing, and Dr. Perfetto answered all of my question. The team is good at returning phone calls.... The nurse staff was wonderful and caring as well. They are very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The entire new patient process was super easy. Everyone one i spoken with was super helpful. I would not say the clinic has any weakness, but their straighten would be that you feel welcomed. I felt like the entire staff knew what they were doing, and Dr. Perfetto answered all of my question. The team is good at returning phone calls.
I have seen Dr. Prefetto twice and each time she treats my husband and i like we are not just another patient but as if we were a family member or a friends. She is very kind and loving.
The nurse staff was wonderful and caring as well. They are very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Since seeing Dr. Perfetto i have nothing but respect and fully trust her with my treatment. She is amazing. My husband is afraid of needles we needed to do the genetic testing and he was refusing. She tried to look into other options to get the test done. Eventually she was able to get him to do the lab work and it did not hurt. She is very understanding of the stress and fear with this process. She is easy to talk to and makes this so much easier and less stressful
Out of the past two Fertility Dr. i have seen i feel the most comfortable with Dr. Perfetto. She is very knowledgeable, and will not do anything to affect the chances of her patient conceiving a baby. Like she told me the most important thing is getting your pregnant.
I trust my doctor decision with only transferring one embryo. the risk is much higher with two, and i believe that she will make my dream come true with the one embryo

Other, Unexplained
They [staff at CORM] offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot...All of her nurses were very kind but I remember one in particular. She was very compassionate. My husband had just started a new job and couldn't take off to make the appt so I went alone. I wasn't expecting bad news. She was very patient with me as I cried while trying to take in all the information.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
I can't really say any bad about this place. Everyone was really nice and seemed to enjoy their work. Billing was explained thoroughly. I signed in on their computer and was seen within 5 to 10 minutes of arriving.
Her and her staff were very kind. They offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She was very timely. I was able to speak to her within 10 to 15 mins. She was also very thorough. It was a lot of information to process and she made a point to stop here and there to make sure I didn't have any questions.
None really. I feel like she takes care of her patients and I'd just let them know that.
We have done a few test. Blood, cultures, the ultrasound and the hsg test which found I had scarring and low AMH for my age. Our next plan of action is insemination or in vitro.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our first appointment was almost covered completely by our insurance. Only had to pay out of pocket 90. Then my husband unexpectedly lost his job so the next visit was 600
We haven't talked about it. I suppose we would talk about it once my husband and I have saved the money needed for the procedure.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
The doctors are their strength and some of the nurse team [at CORM]. The communication method feels cold at times and you can’t ever speak directly to your doctor unless you have a specific appointment with them. It makes it harder dealing with a middle man, and sometimes you just want to hear things from your doctor. Most of the staff is very compassionate and friendly...The FET nurse coordinator Beth is very caring and informative. The IVF coordinating nurse was not my favorite nurse there.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with CORM.
The doctors are their strength and some of the nurse team. The communication method feels cold at times and you can’t ever speak directly to your doctor unless you have a specific appointment with them. It makes it harder dealing with a middle man, and sometimes you just want to hear things from your doctor. Most of the staff is very compassionate and friendly.
Because he explained things to my husband and I in a compassionate and understandjng way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
The FET nurse coordinator Beth is very caring and informative. The IVF coordinating nurse was not my favorite nurse there. She lacked compassion and empathy towards me.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crotchet is a great doctor. I wish that you were able to speak with him more directly without going through his nurses for most communication. As this often lead to more confusion due to there being a middle man. He also did not perform our egg retrieval like we were lead to believe so that was frustrating. But another doctor in the office did and was just as good. He has performed all my surgeries and has always been kind and informative to my husband and I. I was nervous having a male doctor but he has always treated me with respect and having a male doctor made him more relatable to my husband. He is a good doctor.
He is a great doctor but be patient with his offices processes of communication, they can be frustrating.
Webster

It’s smaller practice [CORM Houston] so they don’t have as many locations as some other Houston clinics, but they are in the main areas...Their surgicenter is also in house at their clear lake locations... you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
European, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with CORM.
It’s smaller practice so they don’t have as many locations as some other Houston clinics, but they are in the main areas. After a bad experience at another practice we decided that we didn’t mind driving a bit more to get better care. Their surgicenter is also in house at their clear lake locations.
dr perfetto is very pleasant and relatable. Always smiling, very listening, even joking and laughing when appropriate.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr perfetto and her whole staff are very nice to deal with. You get updates on your treatment at every step (especially during the embryo development phase) their nursing staff and embryology staff are kind and awesome to deal with. Infertility is stressful but I felt like CORM and Dr perfetto were making it easier. Also since it’s a smaller clinic than other juggernauts in Houston, you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
Don’t be afraid. It is daunting to start seeking treatment when you cannot conceive but dr perfetto is really good at making you feel comfortable. She is totally invested in the care of her patients. Check out her Instagram and you will see for yourself.
Houston

I also liked they [CORM Houston] were able to provide payment plans for paying that helped us tremendously. No other clinic provides that. The clinic weakness I would say is the staff are not friendly.... For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinics strengths is dr prefetto she is very nice and always showed compassionate. I also liked they were able to provide payment plans for paying that helped us tremendously. No other clinic provides that. The clinic weakness I would say is the staff are not friendly.
Dr.Prefetto was very nice and compassionate dr and always answered our questions with honesty.
The nursing staff were not personable and were nice but not compassionate
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
De Prefetto was very seeet and always felt important although we weren’t successful she was very compassionate about everything. She tried to be there every step of the way and was very emotional the day the last embryo transfer was negative.
Do research on all possibilities for treatment. Also to get on social media there is many women in your shoes and are very supportive.
I don’t remember exactly but I was given medications for ovulation and had egg retrieval. For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
Cost was lower then most other fertility clinics in Houston. They provided payment plans as well and no other clinic does
Dr transferred two the first time but was very specific of the pros and cons of transferring two

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The only thing I dislike is the new system they've [C.O.R.M-Clear Lake] implemented. You call and are connected to a call center who then has to transfer you to the clinic after you've explained why you called. It would be much easier to call the clinic directly to get my questions answered.... I've encountered several of the nurses and every single one has been incredibly sweet and kind. They are all so friendly.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The only thing I dislike is the new system they've implemented. You call and are connected to a call center who then has to transfer you to the clinic after you've explained why you called. It would be much easier to call the clinic directly to get my questions answered.
The first time I contacted dr crochet's office I was in tears, I had just been told that my second pregnancy was going to miscarry. I called his office and they actually worked me in that day. This is a very busy office that takes a couple weeks to get in yet he worked me in that day. Unfortunately there was nothing he could do to save our pregnancy but I felt that he understood our desperation and had us come in rather than treating us like a number.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I like that dr. Crochet handles delicate issues like weight compassionately. He was very kind in telling me it would be helpful to lose weight, he didn't make me feel 2 inches tall for being overweight. We may not leave happy each and every time we see him but we always leave armed with more knowledge and what we need to do for the next visit or treatment.
hes a great doctor, it may take a week or two to get in to see him but take that as a good sign. He's a great doctor.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
the entire staff [at CORM] always treats me with respect and understanding...All the staff were amazing and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable...The clinic is amazing new patients should know that young kids are not allowed in the office out of respect for those going through rough times. The clinic is beautiful and the staff tries their hardest to keep patients from waiting too long.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr. Schnell as well as the entire staff always treats me with respect and understanding.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell went above and beyond to help my husband and I. After any surgerical procedure she always call that evening and/or the next day sometimes twice to make sure I was doing ok. She took the time to sit down and explain things to my husband in great detail after any procedure. She would also give us her personal cell to call if there were any issues!
I tell everybody that they will love Dr. Schnell as well as all of the doctors and staff at CORM and to not be afraid to ask her questions. She always always takes the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand what’s going on.
We started out doing two outs woth ivf med protocols. We did this because my husband had zero issues and our issue was I did not always ovulate. After two rounds we decided to wait and save up for ivf while we were saving we became pregnant naturally.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
I do not remember exactly what the cost were. I want to say the actual iui was $400 and the monitoring etc was around $1200 but again I don’t remember exact details

Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Honestly I felt the clinic [CORM] let me down. I dint have such a good experience with them. There was times I called becuase I had a question and they would not call me back. Ignored me when I was asking about what the other doctor had promised me. Not such good customer service. Also sorry but I did not feel that i was part of a team/ family.... I had a very embarrassing situation with one of the MD theres. I was on my way out of the building and I was stopped by a doctor ( not dr. Sims) to check my receipt of my treatment
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with CORM.
Honestly I felt the clinic let me down. I dint have such a good experience with them. There was times I called becuase I had a question and they would not call me back. Ignored me when I was asking about what the other doctor had promised me. Not such good customer service. Also sorry but I did not feel that i was part of a team/ family.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jerry Sims at CORM?
I was treated like a human but I had a very embarrassing situation with one of the MD theres. I was on my way out of the building and I was stopped by a doctor ( not dr. Sims) to check my receipt of my treatment for the day and even when I told her that I had already paid she asked to see my receipt. That day there clerk had printed my receipt on a different color paper so doctor though I had not paid. She later called me to apologize and offer some fear services due to the mistake but once o started asking about it i was ignored. I knew then I did not have a stable relationship with that office I was just a number to them.
Great nursing staff they called me back anytime I had a question. Even if it was simple.
How was your experience with Jerry Sims at CORM?
Excellent doctor. He was always very understanding and caring. Very knowledgeable and also felt that all my diagnoses were treated correctly. He would always be in the visit never just his nurse and that's always a really good sign.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jerry Sims at CORM?
Trust what he says.
Describe the protocols Jerry Sims used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
Did not do any cycles with dr sims
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jerry Sims at CORM.
Around $340 per visit not including labs.

2011 - 2015
They always called when they said they would, and were open to my getting a second opinion. They [the nurses] are knowledgable and keep everything super organized.
2011 - 2015
They always called when they said they would, and were open to my getting a second opinion. Also, they monitored me when I got pregnant naturally the month after my failed IVF. They personally called and got me in with the MFM that later saved my daughter during a high risk pregnancy. I wouldn't have gotten pregnant without Dr. Schnell's excellent surgical skills bc the lap she did helped me get pregnant naturally. She also monitored me again when I got pregnant naturally this year and miscarried, and was super compassionate as everyone at CORM was.
All of them have empathy. They cry with you when you have a loss and are happy for you when you have success. They are knowledgable and keep everything super organized. They call back when they say they will.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She is brilliant and always knows the research. I feel she has the best interest of patients at heart. One area of improvement would be taking time to explain why she does things more slowly.
She knows what she's doing and is through. Because she's not warm and fuzzy, don't interpret it as a lack of caring. She does care, but appears detached sometimes (she really isn't, though). You can trust her.
I can't remember the protocol but I think it was low dose Lupron, Gonal F. We were able to reach retrieval and transfer. We had two good quality embryos. Negative pregnancy test, but I did get pregnant the cycle after naturally, so overall it was successful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
I think it was $15,000 for IVF, and another $15,000 for surgeries, etc.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

The clinic as whole has been a great experience for me and my husband thus far. They have really treated us like family and take their time with each patient I've noticed. I haven't really noticed any weaknesses myself. ... The IVF cycle is 20-25k. ... Veronica has always been compassionate and also talks to me like a human. ...
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr. Perfetto actually took her time to explain things to me. She talks to and not at me every time I see her. She is very sincere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica has always been compassionate and also talks to me like a human. The entire staff pretty much builds upon the same compassion and care that Dr. Perfetto treats me with.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto is warm, welcoming, knowledgeable and shows a lot of compassion. During every visit I am allowed to ask my questions and time to receive answers. She has always told me what to expect and I have never felt left in the dark about anything.
I would say to just be open minded and willing to take in the information she provides. She is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
I haven't went through any cycles yet with Dr. Perfetto. I am looking forward to going through treatment cycles with Dr. Perfetto in the near future and to be able to experience the positive results that I feel she can produce.
The IVF cycle is 20-25k.
Houston

Honestly, Center of Reproductive Medicine is an amazing clinic with no complaints. I’ve been to both the Memorial City and the TMC locations and both are well maintained and professional. Rooms are always clean. Equipment is sterile and up to date. The office overall is well decorated but not overdone.... Dr. Perfetto takes time to know every patient. Even going through her own pregnancy and coming back from maternity leave, she was up to date of everything that happened when I came back for my follow up.
Attentive. Caring. Passionate.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She is very blunt while maintaining great bedside manner. She’s very personal with each patient and takes her time to explain any procedure. She’s a visual person like me so it’s nice to sit and watch her illustrate which makes it easier to understand in return.
Just be honest and upfront about your situation so that she can do her best to recommend the best treatment plan for you.
So far the only thing I’ve had done with Dr. Perfetto is the removal of my left tube and my right tube being diagnosed non functional. My next step in my journey is IVF but financially it’s a procedure still ways to go.
In total, my IVF procedure would cost $20k.
I have not yet made it this far.
Houston

The nursing staff [at CORM] was amazing they performed all blood draws and reviewed my next steps with me after every visit. Due to work I was always the first visit of the day and my Dr. may have been in a procedure so they said once he reviewed results they would call me as promised I would receive a call the same afternoon and would answer any and all questions that I had...The clinic is very strong in communication with you. They are so compassionate about the work they do. They definitely spend time on your individual protocol and adjust quickly as necessary to give you the hight chance of success
Describe your experience with CORM.
The nursing staff was amazing they performed all blood draws and reviewed my next steps with me after every visit. Due to work I was always the first visit of the day and my Dr. may have been in a procedure so they said once he reviewed results they would call me as promised I would receive a call the same afternoon and would answer any and all questions that I had.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet is very kind and very real with the chances we had with ivf. He preformed both my egg retrieval and my transfer. I would highly recommend him he was very proactive with my treatment and adjusted dosing as he saw needed.
If you want to see him face to face more request it. He is more than willjng to meet with you and answer questions you have other wise you are working with the nurses more

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

Office staff [at CORM] is not so great, however... not giving me a cycle schedule or Rx on my first IUI cycle until I protested in the office. Also nearly missed first IUI due to office not having my husband's bloodworm...Don't let them tell you "someone will call you" after on cycle day 1-3 bloodwork. Insist on getting a cycle schedule/plan and prescriptions for cycle then and there. Also be Watch the billing; there's an issue with in vs out of network billing where they've used the wrong tax ID (at least with United Healthcare)
Dr Crochet is great and explains the process and answers all my questions. Office staff is not so great, however... not giving me a cycle schedule or Rx on my first IUI cycle until I protested in the office. Also nearly missed first IUI due to office not having my husband's bloodworm.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Excellent communication and explanation regarding scientific stuff and always patient to answer all my questions. Showed compassion with setbacks... both frustration with office issues and after ectopic.
We used letrozole for 5 days then 3 days of menopure (2 vials each day) due to follicular response. Trigger shot 36 hours before IUI. I have PCOS and don't ovulate on my own. I got pregnant, but it was ectopic.
No experience

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

There really wasn't much of a treatment [at CORM]. We just performed an IUI. She had us give my wife a shot in the stomach for her eggs to drop and then inseminated the sperm which was almost nonexistent. Needless to say, it did not take...the IUI was $400, office visits were $100+...They [nurses] were very professional...This clinic didn't seem to have a lot of patients so we were able to get in and out in no time. They pretty much take you right away. They have plenty of reading material in waiting area. Clinic was very clean and the staff was very discrete with the whole process.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr Perfetto was very nice, courteous and always addressed is by our names.
They were very professional.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr Perfetto was very professional. We had a good experience with her. However, she did not address the root cause of our infertility. She diagnosed a low sperm count, but neglected to treat it. We went ahead and did an IUI. Even the nurse that performed the insemination was surprised we were trying with such a low count.
Listen to everything she has to say, but you may want to get a second opinion if it doesn't sound right.
There really wasn't much of a treatment. We just performed an IUI. She had us give my wife a shot in the stomach for her eggs to drop and then inseminated the sperm which was almost nonexistent. Needless to say, it did not take.
I can't really remember all the costs, but the IUI was $400, office visits were $100+.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
They [CORM] get you in quickly. They always return phone calls in a timely manner. They’re nice when you arrive and you don’t wait long. Weaknesses would be it’s hard to get answers quickly and scheduling can be a nightmare when you’re a teacher. ... I went through a battery of tests and had an ultrasound done and tons of bloodwork to be told I have unexplained infertility. No answers no help no course of action.
Describe your experience with CORM.
They get you in quickly. They always return phone calls in a timely manner. They’re nice when you arrive and you don’t wait long. Weaknesses would be it’s hard to get answers quickly and scheduling can be a nightmare when you’re a teacher.
She reviewed my specific information and history.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I just felt like at the end of the day I had no course of action besides wait and keep trying (which we did and we had another loss) or IVF. When I initially saw her I’d only had 2 losses. I made the decision to go to another clinic after that because I didn’t feel like we had a real plan.
Ask questions but be prepared for the possibility that you might not get answers.
We paid copay each time and paid out of pocket for the ultrasound.
We didn’t do that.
Houston

Strengths would be the clinic [CORM] is clean, organized and different locations to fit your work schedule. Weaknesses with the clinic would be Parking!! Paying about of pocket is no fun and then to have to pay parking as well hurts... For the most part they [Nursing Staff] were great. Returned calls and answered whatever questions you may have pretty quickly.... Dr Schnell is very knowledge and direct. She will tell you if something isn't worth trying or even needed.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strengths would be the clinic is clean, organized and different locations to fit your work schedule. Weaknesses with the clinic would be Parking!! Paying about of pocket is no fun and then to have to pay parking as well hurts
She explained a lot and took time to listen and answer what ever questions I had. Very up front, which I really liked.
For the most part they were great. Returned calls and answered whatever questions you may have pretty quickly.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Very up front, Direct and to point. I prefer a doctor to be that way instead of leading you on. Our issue is male factor and she brought up good points that I didn't think of or even knew about. The other doctor I went to prior wouldn't do that and left me feelings like a I was just a number not really an individual patient.
Dr Schnell is very knowledge and direct. She will tell you if something isn't worth trying or even needed. Which is great a huge plus when most services are being paid out of pocket.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
They [CORM- Wesbster] are great. They know me by name. Usually there is never much of a wait. The doctors will give you their cell if a serious matter is going on. So it does seem they care.Some of the nurses however seem to not know what is going on. Also, I wish financial would be more up front as apposed to receiving bills as an afterthought.... One time a prescription was not called in.
Describe your experience with CORM.
They are great. They know me by name. Usually there is never much of a wait. The doctors will give you their cell if a serious matter is going on. So it does seem they care.Some of the nurses however seem to not know what is going on. Also, I wish financial would be more up front as apposed to receiving bills as an afterthought.
He clearly explained the plan we’re going to take before starting ivf treatment.
The nurses kept in constant contact with me and let me know what to expect next.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He explains clearly in a manner so that I can understand the treatment. He came across as very compassionate, and treated me as my own case. He looked over all of my previous history so that he could come up with the best plan for me moving forward.
He makes sure you understand what is going on and will clearly communicate with you.
I do not remember
Webster
The clinic [CORM Beaumont] was very accommodating.....They seemed very responsive.....One nurse seemed a little indifferent at times, but that's the worst thing I can say...Femara....Letrozole....Ovidrel......injections and IUI 3 times.....One cycle without IUI...unsuccessful....400 out of pocket for IUI
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic was very accommodating.....They seemed very responsive.....One nurse seemed a little indifferent at times, but that's the worst thing I can say...
Very nice gentleman.....No complaints about his demeanor....
How was your experience with Jerry Sims at CORM?
Friendly and approachable. We had very good numbers, but they only panned out after IUI #3 which resulted in a "chemical" pregnancy...I am M 49 y/o, she is F 26 y/o. No physical issues, nor count or motility issues. Unfortunately, no luck yet either....I felt like we continued doing essentially the same things with the same results....
He is a very nice physician. I'm sure he does well for many of his patients
400 out of pocket for IUI ...Meds covered
Describe Jerry Sims's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.

2011 - 2012
Care is extremely personal, well organized and accountable. Information is very open and free flowing. Call backs were almost immediate, even on weekends. A nurse practitioner was assigned to me as well so i was able to have a consistent team.
2011 - 2012
Care is extremely personal, well organized and accountable. Information is very open and free flowing. Call backs were almost immediate, even on weekends. A nurse practioner was assigned to me as well so i was able to have a consistent team.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She is a very thorough and detail oriented individual. She runs a tight ship, so to speak, so I felt confident mistakes would be at a minimum. She ran ultrasounds regularly after conception and was proactive with labs and follow ups. She leaves little to chance. She took into consideration her availability for egg retrieval and implantation as soon as we decided to proceed with ivf.
She is empathetic but not warm and fuzzy. If you need a shoulder to cry on, she will give you resources aplenty. She is there to do the best job she can for the best outcome for you.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

The doctors in this office [C.O.R.M. - Houston] see their patients almost every time and make an effort to be the primary doctor...The nurses did a good job conveying dr. Perfetto's plan...We did oral and injectable iui...is a smaller practice
Describe your experience with CORM.
The doctors in this office see their patients almost every time and make an effort to be the primary doctor.
Always felt like I was involved in decision making and never felt lost in the process
The nurses did a good job conveying dr. Perfetto's plan
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto had an amazing bedside manner and always made me feel like I was involved. I trusted her recommendations and did not feel pressured to rush to ivf like I did at other clinics. She also saw me at most of my visits and made sure I always knew our next steps
She is a smaller practice so she may not be the doctor you hear about, but she's the doctor worth finding.
We did oral and injectable iui
We did not do ivf, but she made it clear Eset is her primary goal with all patients
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
most of the team [at CORM-Webster] was nice and even remembered my name.... RetrievaI Protocol we used birth control for 4 weeks and my hub and I used an antibiotic the last 10 days of birth control. We then used an antagonist (cetrotide) for 3 days. skip one day then take the gonal-f 373 units and 10 units of microdose ovidrel for three days. I then had an US and bloodwork. Dr Schnell then increased my gonal-f to 450 units per day and continued the 10 units of microdose ovidrel. I was then monitored every other day including weekends. On the 12th day I triggered with Lupron and on the 14th day was my egg retrieval.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
most of the team was nice and even remembered my name.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is honest and open. She was very thorough in her explanation of what was going on and what needed to be done so that we can successfully conceive. She is very nice and considerate of the sensitivity of infertility. It is obvious she knows what she's doing and is dedicated to her practice.
Ask questions if you don't understand. She is honest and won't steer you wrong.
my dr prefers to only transfer one embryo at a time

2011 - 2014
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
I think that the clinic [CORM- was great and it was close to home for me so I didn't have to travel a lot. I liked that they did not allow children to be present in the clinic. I know that everyone is different, but when going through this difficult time it was comforting to me not to have to smile behind my tears.... The nurses were overall good. Some better than others.
2011 - 2014
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with CORM.
I think that the clinic was great and it was close to home for me so I didn't have to travel a lot. I liked that they did not allow children to be present in the clinic. I know that everyone is different, but when going through this difficult time it was comforting to me not to have to smile behind my tears.
He was always personable and kind. I never felt like a number I felt like I mattered.
The nurses were overall good. Some better than others.
How was your experience with Jerry Sims at CORM?
Dr. sims was my knight in shining armor. He saved me from more than 10 years of failed fertility treatments. Without him I would not have my two beautiful twin boys! I feel that he truly assisted in a miracle when he assisted us in getting pregnant.
Be comfortable being a patient and remember to ask questions if you don't understand.
Dr. Sims had to use the highest dose of every med to get me to respond but it did work!
The IVF was $13,000 in 2014 that did not include medications