Genetic counseling: Offered
281.332.0073
Webster
1015 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CORM to a friend?

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Crochet is very knowledgeable, professional, and transparent. He desired as much success as my husband and I. He was just as saddened by out negative results as we were. Although our outcome was devastating, he was professional throughout the experience.... We used the agonist protocol. We retrieved 10 eggs with our first round that resulted in 5 embryos. We had PGS testing that resulted in one normal embryo. We went directly into an embryo bank cycle with agonist protocol
The nursing staff [CORM] was caring and supportive. They always answered the phone or quickly responded. Even during Hurricane Harvey, when Orange, Texas was isolated from flooding water and the interstate was shutdown, the team was on the phone helping to assist with medication delivery and attempting to help with a plan of action. Many of these nurses lost their own homes and went above and beyond. Dr. Crochet has an amazing and loving team.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Crochet at CORM?
Do you research and ask questions. Dr. Crochet is not a mind reader. Infertility treatment can be scary and questions lead to responses you sometimes do not what to hear. Ask the hard questions. He will answer any and all questions but research and ask the right questions. He will be honest and provide an answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet is very personable. He is encouraging and takes the time to know his patients. He is kind and understanding.
Describe the protocols John Crochet used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
We used the agonist protocol. We retrieved 10 eggs with our first round that resulted in 5 embryos. We had PGS testing that resulted in one normal embryo. We went directly into an embryo bank cycle with agonist protocol, although in hindsight this was a bad choice because we had just lost our home due to Hurricane Harvey, and the additional stress resulted in 3 eggs retrieved with no viable embryos. We transplanted the one normal embryo that resulted in a negative pregnancy.
The nursing staff was caring and supportive. They always answered the phone or quickly responded. Even during Hurricane Harvey, when Orange, Texas was isolated from flooding water and the interstate was shutdown, the team was on the phone helping to assist with medication delivery and attempting to help with a plan of action. Many of these nurses lost their own homes and went above and beyond. Dr. Crochet has an amazing and loving team.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The nursing staff is always supportive and helps with assistance. The financial department was confusing and hard to contact , , ,however if you asked Dr. Crochet to assist you, he immediately directed them to address the issue.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Monitoring appointments were quick and adjusted to fit my busy work schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Costs where listed directly after a free consultation. The financial secretary was hard to make an appointment with. She was very busy. I didn't take it as personal.
Describe John Crochet's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
We had only one viable embryo to transfer so we are unable to give feedback to this question.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

Dr. Crochet recommended a HSG to see if there were any blockages since all my bloodwork showed normal...It wasn't a personal conversation. I actually cried during my consultation and he wasn't very comforting... During the hsg, he explained exactly what was going on and made me comfortable. I was able to see the procedure on an xray machine (which was cool). The diagnosis of unexplained infertility was a bit devastating and left me hopeless and I didn't really feel like I had many options.
[CORM- Beaumont was] Clean and well organized. Blood work and ultrasound was taken at clinic...Scheduling was easy and got good reminders. Easy to find location. HSG was very easy and quick. I had to go back to discuss the results which I felt was unnecessary since the HSG was normal...[nurses were] Overall helpful and informative. Not too personal, but friendly...When I went to another doctor, it took several calls to get my information to be sent over.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I was very straight forward that I wanted a consultation for what my first doctor suggested. He gave me a satisfactory recommendation, which was to have a hsg to see the outcome before anything else. During the hsg, he explained exactly what was going on and made me comfortable. I was able to see the procedure on an xray machine (which was cool). The diagnosis of unexplained infertility was a bit devastating and left me hopeless and I didn't really feel like I had many options. I didn't understand if everything was fine then why I couldn't get pregnant. Although I might have expected a lot from Dr. Crochet, he didn't really help me understand how infertility treatments could work with me. A friend actually recommended this clinic, but another doctor.
Have all your history written down because he doesn't ask a lot of questions.
It wasn't a personal conversation. I actually cried during my consultation and he wasn't very comforting. He did help explain why the surgery my first doctor was unnecessary.
Dr. Crochet recommended a HSG to see if there were any blockages since all my bloodwork showed normal. I did no fertility treatments with this clinic.
Overall helpful and informative. Not too personal, but friendly.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Clean and well organized. Blood work and ultrasound was taken at clinic. Clinic is just an hour away from my house. Scheduling was easy and got good reminders. Easy to find location. HSG was very easy and quick. I had to go back to discuss the results which I felt was unnecessary since the HSG was normal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Office visits, ultrasound and HSG was not covered by insurance.
What specific things went wrong at CORM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Crochet is very understanding and kind. He never treats us like a number. He has personally called me hisself a couple of times in this process. He explains things very well to us and genuinely wants great results...We see him every appt that is needed. He is a very genuine doctor and wants great results. We are very happy with him and would recommend him to our own family... could not do the retrieval due to time sensitivity but another great doctor in the clinic does.
The clinic [CORM] is very private with your care. The team gets you back for appt very quickly. Front desk staff is very sweet and helpful. The nurses though are absolutely amazing! They could not be anymore compassionate and understanding. They have gone through some infertility themselves. They always smile and make you feel like family. When we actually become pregnant and graduate I will actually be very sad to leave them but know it will be a great thing.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
My experience with Dr. Crochet is absolutely perfect even with not actually having the results we desire. But he is very informative, makes sure we understand everything, and is very compassionate. He has personally called us twice to discuss things. We see him every appt that is needed. He is a very genuine doctor and wants great results. We are very happy with him and would recommend him to our own family
This is a very hard experience to go through and would advise to just prepare yourself as you would with any doctor. He will make sure your needs are met in a compassionate way.
Dr. Crochet started things off with all necessary lab work and testing needed. Dye tube test, saline ultrasounds, AMH levels. I had already tried clomid with my Gynocologist and due to age we went straight to IUI once we started seeing him. He explained everything and gave us all our options. He was never pushy on anything. We did try injectables with IUI twice with negative results. We decided to go into IVF. We are unexplained infertility and since insurance does not cover any fertility treatments and my age (36 now) we moved straight forward. Did injectables for egg retrieval and we were able to get 13 eggs, 9 fertilized, and 4 made it to day 5. All we froze due to a thin lining. Dr. Crochet could not do the retrieval due to time sensitivity but another great doctor in the clinic does. We have transferred two embryos. First ended with a blighted ovum and had a D&C. Second transfer was negative. We are approaching our final transfer. I have had 3 hysteroscopies. First exploratory but did end up cleaning out a small fibroid, second was for a small fibroid, and last one was a little scar tissue that needed cleaning out prior to transfer. I do have a thin uterine lining and we are currently working on treatment protocol to help before we start treatment to approach our last transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Martin)
FYou are rarely in the waiting room with anyone else. The clinic is very private with your care. The team gets you back for appt very quickly. Front desk staff is very sweet and helpful. The nurses though are absolutely amazing! They could not be anymore compassionate and understanding. They have gone through some infertility themselves. They always smile and make you feel like family. When we actually become pregnant and graduate I will actually be very sad to leave them but know it will be a great thing. They know me by name and always make me feel loved. Very genuine girls who want what’s best for you. Communication with them is easy. They have a direct line for you to leave a message and they respond to calls promptly. Some our on call for any outside hours too. Absolutely Love the staff!
Describe your experience with CORM.
As a new patient you will want to get yourself organized. It’s a long journey and you will definitely need things to be all together. You will see. Just because of fertility management in general. Not because of the clinic. So advice is to get all important numbers and save them for redily use. For instance the nurse line, the finance department, etc. You can always call your nurse and she can direct you. The nurses are very helpful that way and you will have a one on one basis with your nurses. The clinic also has an app and website log in where you will have all your lab work, notes, ultrasounds, messages, etc redily available.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Some labs and testing can be covered by insurance. IVF contract was 13,500 Does not include medication Which ran me about 6,000 total for retrieval and two transfers Contract price does cover your transfers for up to a year
My doctor is for the most part against advising or doing multiple embryo transfer but it all depends on your treatment. He does not say he never will and has done multiple before.
IVF, Surrogacy
She [Dr. Schnell] really cared about our best interest and our specific situation that has led us to IVF ... we have to use a surrogate. ... Every time I walked into her office she knew me by name and knew my medical history by heart without ever having to refer back to my file ... My doctor advised she will only do single embryo transfer. ... She does tend to talk very fast but don’t be afraid to stop her and ask for an explanation or more detail. ...
The clinic [C.O.R.M.] is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. ... They [nurses] were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable ... I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she [nurse] managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She really cared about our best interest and our specific situation that has led us to IVF. My husband and I decline to do genetic testing on ourselves because it was optional. We decided to do genetic testing on our embryos because that is all we really cared about. We even signed our consent forms stating we are refusing genetic testing on ourselves. Dr. Schnell asked us very politely why we refused our genetic testing. She was concerned because I am of Ashkenazi Jewish heritage and we carry specific genetic diseases. She explained further that the genetic testing on the embryos was not as detailed as the genetic testing we get on ourselves. She made us realize that it was in our and our future baby’s best interest to go the extra mile to make sure everything was okay. She really cared about us and our future baby.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She does tend to talk very fast but don’t be afraid to stop her and ask for an explanation or more detail. She will not hesitate to answer any and all questions and will really break everything down for you
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Describe the protocols Vicki Schnell used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
We are currently going through IVF with egg freezing because we have to use a surrogate. Our IVF plan is to start me on birth control for about 2 weeks and then start self administered hormone injections. I will do hormone injections for about 2 weeks. Once my eggs are mature they will be removed for fertilization and freezing
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie Plaunty)
She is amazing! She always responds with any questions that day if not within the hour. I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. The office was very clear on treatment costs which was nice because we knew upfront exactly what was expected and there were no surprises on payments. Also there was one visit I had where I was getting a lot of blood drawn because I was getting multiple tests done. They were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable and if I ever felt dizzy they had extra staff on standby to offer cold towels and juice. Something that seemed so small really made me feel comfortable and confident in my choice of a fertility clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Unfortunately by insurance denied by IVF treatment so all costs were out of pocket
Describe Vicki Schnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
My doctor advised she will only do single embryo transfer. This is because there is always a small chance of having twins or triplets or more and for the safety of her patient and future child she does not want to put any of us at an unnecessary risk. Complicates can always arise during pregnancy and increasing the odds of having multiple children at once can increase those risks

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Crochet] was very sympathetic towards my issues...He listens and explains any questions you have. He is very sympathetic to your feelings, but he does get directly to the point. I love that about him because I like that he doesn’t “beat around the bush.”...From my understanding, he only suggests one [embryo transfer], and I love the fact that he care so much for the safety of the mother and child.
I wouldn’t change anything. From my perspective, this staff [CORM] displays complete love for their jobs and is so nice! They definitely make you feel at home and welcomed....From the front desk, to the nurses, to the doctors. This clinic is so well put together and friendly! I love it!...the journey to discover why my husband and I were having difficulties was (not easy to hear) but the tests/procedures were easy because of the staff
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Tell him everything and ask any questions you have. He is patient and wants to answer any questions you have.
He was very sympathetic towards my issues.
I haven’t started my IVF journey yet, but the journey to discover why my husband and I were having difficulties was (not easy to hear) but the tests/procedures were easy because of the staff. After blood work and semen analysis came back great, we went one to an HSG test. This is where we discovered tubal blockage.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I wouldn’t change anything. From my perspective, this staff displays complete love for their jobs and is so nice! They definitely make you feel at home and welcomed. Thank you so much CRM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
We have an HSA account, so we had the money saved up to pay for these procedures. For all the blood work, tests, procedures, we probably spent a total of $1500-$2000. (This is a total guess because I’m not 100% sure).
From my understanding, he only suggests one, and I love the fact that he care so much for the safety of the mother and child.

Unexplained, Other
She [Dr. Vicki Schnell] was very timely. I was able to speak to her within 10 to 15 mins. She was also very thorough. It was a lot of information to process and she made a point to stop here and there to make sure I didn't have any questions...We have done a few test. Blood, cultures, the ultrasound and the hsg test which found I had scarring and low AMH for my age. Our next plan of action is insemination or in vitro.
They [staff at CORM] offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot...All of her nurses were very kind but I remember one in particular. She was very compassionate. My husband had just started a new job and couldn't take off to make the appt so I went alone. I wasn't expecting bad news. She was very patient with me as I cried while trying to take in all the information.
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She was very timely. I was able to speak to her within 10 to 15 mins. She was also very thorough. It was a lot of information to process and she made a point to stop here and there to make sure I didn't have any questions.
None really. I feel like she takes care of her patients and I'd just let them know that.
Her and her staff were very kind. They offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I can't really say any bad about this place. Everyone was really nice and seemed to enjoy their work. Billing was explained thoroughly. I signed in on their computer and was seen within 5 to 10 minutes of arriving.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our first appointment was almost covered completely by our insurance. Only had to pay out of pocket 90. Then my husband unexpectedly lost his job so the next visit was 600
We haven't talked about it. I suppose we would talk about it once my husband and I have saved the money needed for the procedure.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

John Crochet was awesome. He found out why I was having troubles getting pregnant. He explained what was going on and my treatment options. He prepared me for surgery, checked up on me after the surgery was over, and kept in contact with me. I couldn’t seek the IVF treatment with his facility at the time because it was a little pricy, but I won’t go anywhere else because he truly made me feel at home and like apart my there facility family. So I will continue to save up so that Doctor Crochet can help me have a baby. I don’t trust no other doctor but him.
All my answers and concerns were tented to. Everyone in the clinic [C.O.R.M.] knew who I was and called me by name. When I was afraid to go into surgery they made me feel more relaxed. ... The clinic was very clean and smelled great. They got you in/out in a timely manner. They was very nice and treated you like family. I haven’t seen a weakness in this office at the time that I was going. They were really on point.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I will tell them that Doctor Crochet is very experience in what he does and he’s trustworthy. I highly recommend him to anyone.
All my answers and concerns were tented to. Everyone in the clinic knew who I was and called me by name. When I was afraid to go into surgery they made me feel more relaxed.
The nursing welcomed me in as soon as I stepped foot in the door. They called me by my name. They offer me snacks and drinks. They explained all payments they I paid. I loved all of them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
My doctor let me know that I only needed one embryo transfer at a time to keep from having multiple kids that might not all be healthy and that can jeopardize my health.

2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
He [Dr. Crochet] was warming and very compassionate from the start. He helped me with 1 surgery & told me what to expect & was our next steps will be. It doesn’t make you feel like just a number. I have enjoyed having him as my doctor. He helped me understand my fertility & what we need to do next...Hes very caring & explained what was needed to help me conceive, but our insurance doesn’t cover it & we can’t afford it right now
Strengths [CORM] is their bedside manner. Weakness is not calling back as soon as you need it. They will call you hours later, but they explain what you need to do when they do call you back. They’re very welcoming & make sure you understand every procedure & test....They’re very caring & will answer any questions you have.... I know they quoted me for 1800 for our iui. Which we’re saving up for. 1200 for just timed intercourse with meds.
2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He was warming and very compassionate from the start. He helped me with 1 surgery & told me what to expect & was our next steps will be. It doesn’t make you feel like just a number. I have enjoyed having him as my doctor. He helped me understand my fertility & what we need to do next, but our insurance doesn’t cover fertility & I can’t afford the treatments right now. I’m almost 36 & want more than anything to just become a mom.
Go in there with an open mind. You will feel like your more than a patient to him. He’s very caring & compassionate. You u won’t regret having him to over see your journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
They’re very caring & will answer any questions you have.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strengths is their bedside manner. Weakness is not calling back as soon as you need it. They will call you hours later, but they explain what you need to do when they do call you back. They’re very welcoming & make sure you understand every procedure & test.
Beaumont

Dr. Crochet tells us all the facts but also makes it light and tries to be funny about something if able to. It was nice to finally know our issue. He helped us understand that there’s nothing we could have done on our own to increase our chances. ... So far all we’ve been able to try is have my husband on Clomid and a cocktail of supplements. He also has done blood testing and several ultrasounds on me.
I haven’t had any problems with the staff [at CORM-Beaumont]. We’ve only been 4/5 times so I also don’t have much to go off of. I do really like the lady that draws my blood though, she’s sweet and does a great job.... I love that they have everything they need right there in Beaumont. They have great stats and it makes me hopeful. I’ve read tons of reviews and no one has anything bad to say. Like I said before, I always recommend asking questions.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet tells us all the facts but also makes it light and tries to be funny about something if able to. It was nice to finally know our issue. He helped us understand that there’s nothing we could have done on our own to increase our chances. We are still getting treatment, but I’m happy with how things have gone so far. I’m hoping he will give us out take home baby.
Ask a lot of questions, he will answer all of them.
He was very nice and informative. He is making a plan that fits our life.
I haven’t had any problems with the staff. We’ve only been 4/5 times so I also don’t have much to go off of. I do really like the lady that draws my blood though, she’s sweet and does a great job.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
We paid everything with cash as out insurance doesn’t cover anything. It is expensive but anything medical is.
He likes to transfer one embryo at a time.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

[Dr. Jerry Sims is] Friendly and approachable. We had very good numbers, but they only panned out after IUI #3 which resulted in a "chemical" pregnancy...I am M 49 y/o, she is F 26 y/o. No physical issues, nor count or motility issues. Unfortunately, no luck yet either....I felt like we continued doing essentially the same things with the same results....Femara....Letrozole....Ovidrel......injections and IUI 3 times.....One cycle without IUI...unsuccessful....
The clinic [CORM Beaumont] was very accommodating.....They seemed very responsive.....One nurse seemed a little indifferent at times, but that's the worst thing I can say...Femara....Letrozole....Ovidrel......injections and IUI 3 times.....One cycle without IUI...unsuccessful....400 out of pocket for IUI
How was your experience with Jerry Sims at CORM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jerry Sims at CORM?
He is a very nice physician. I'm sure he does well for many of his patients
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jerry Sims at CORM?
Very nice gentleman.....No complaints about his demeanor....
Describe the protocols Jerry Sims used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic was very accommodating.....They seemed very responsive.....One nurse seemed a little indifferent at times, but that's the worst thing I can say...
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jerry Sims at CORM.
400 out of pocket for IUI ...Meds covered
Describe Jerry Sims's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
Jerry Sims
Beaumont

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jerry Sims at CORM.

I wish we could have seen Dr Crochet more during a appointments...or at least while have the major stuff...but while in his office Dr Crochet was never in a rush and he was always to the point of what was wrong and how to find a possible resolution...and how to get threw it...My lining was only a 6 so he gave me some estrogen to start taking. That night I took my trigger shot at midnight and two days later I went for my iui. Every thing looked perfect. All my levels stayed perfectly. But then I got my blood test and it was negative Nursing Staff
[CORM - Beaumont] is very welcoming...and it is set up well where the couches are nice and they have water and coffee ready for you. When you walk to the back it seemed a little confusing because no one really told me where to go or what to do. That was one of the things that really bothered me...The lady at the front desk was very mean and unorganized but the nursing staff was very nice and always there for me when I had a million questions...I wish we could have seen Dr Crochet more during a appointments or at least while have the major stuff but while in his office Dr Crochet was never in a rush and he was always to the point of what was wrong and how to find a possible resolution and how to get threw it and although it was hard to hear I liked that.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Be prepared for anything he might tell you but know that there always something to try
He was very nice to me and my husband. He got right to the point of the problem and how to fix it.
We went in on cd 3 to get a ultrasound then I started taking 5mg of letrozole days 3-7 then we took another shot I can’t remember the name of it or the day but after that we did another ultrasound to see how my eggs were growing I had 3 eggs on my right side 2 eggs were nice sizes 19 and 20 left side had 3 smaller eggs. My lining was only a 6 so he gave me some estrogen to start taking. That night I took my trigger shot at midnight and two days later I went for my iui. Every thing looked perfect. All my levels stayed perfectly. But then I got my blood test and it was negative
Describe your experience with CORM.
when you walk threw the door and are very nervous it is very welcoming look and it is set up well where the couches are nice and they have water and coffee ready for you. When you walk to the back it seemed a little confusing because no one really told me where to go or what to do. That was one of the things that really bothered me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
It was crazy expensive that’s why we have any been able to do it once.300 for the consultation 1250 for just the procedure and 400 for the iui and that’s not including the medicine

2013 - 2017
Dr. Schnell is a very caring concerned doctor she is very to the point but makes you feel like a friend. She explains things where you can understand takes time to listen to questions and answer any kind of questions you may have...She is extremely trusting...she is considerate she lets you know everything that you need to know explains things where you can understand them if you have questions she will go over everything with you she is compassionate
Both the Beaumont and the Webster office [of CORM] are remarkable. Each and every person there is very compassionate and loving. I didn't deal with the Webster office except for the actual egg retrieval and transfer I was able to do everything else at the Beaumont office so I'm not as familiar with the Webster nurses. The Beaumont office is a place that I would recommend to anyone the nurses as well as the doctors are so loving caring compassionate they make you feel like family and when you walk in the door they know you by name and they greet you with big smiles and hugs.
2013 - 2017
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is a amazing Doctor. She is extremely trusting, she is more like a friend she is considerate she lets you know everything that you need to know explains things where you can understand them if you have questions she will go over everything with you she is compassionate
Don't be afraid to ask her questions and stop her if you have questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: jeannie zimmerman talbot)
All of the nurses were absolutely wonderful. Very compassionate loving caring took time to explain things go over questions with you
Describe your experience with CORM.
Both the Beaumont and the Webster office are remarkable. Each and every person there is very compassionate and loving. I didn't deal with the Webster office except for the actual egg retrieval and transfer I was able to do everything else at the Beaumont office so I'm not as familiar with the Webster nurses. The Beaumont office is a place that I would recommend to anyone the nurses as well as the doctors are so loving caring compassionate they make you feel like family and when you walk in the door they know you by name and they greet you with big smiles and hugs. When we lost our first child at 20 weeks and went back every one of them were so caring and loving definitely a place that I would recommend and I would love to be able to expand our family using their office again
My 1st IVF round was around $15,000 total with medicine

5 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
Office staff and Dr Schnell are awesome. When I got the negative pregnancy test the nurse was very kind and sincere . Lab, nurses, front desk and the ultrasound tech are very professional. They try to help us in any way possible.... I had a biopsy done, labs or not enough of tissue was not taken. I am having another biopsy done free of charge. I also had 6 eggs from a donor egg and only 2 grew. I was good and my other egg isn't the best(per Dr Schnell) so she put my case up for review and I was able to get two more eggs free of charge. But still have to put with sperm to see if they will grow. She is so understanding, sincere and One appointment I saw her get emotional when we was talking in the office.
I had a biopsy done [at CORM-Beaumont], labs or not enough of tissue was not taken. I am having another biopsy done free of charge. I also had 6 eggs from a donor egg and only 2 grew. I was good and my other egg isn't the best(per Dr Schnell) so she put my case up for review and I was able to get two more eggs free of charge. But still have to put with sperm to see if they will grow. She is so understanding, sincere and One appointment I saw her get emotional when we was talking in the office.
Other, Prefer not to answer
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr Schnell is a down to earth doctor. She will try her best to help. She explains everything is a good way and is up for any questions. She is by far one of the best doctors I have been to.
2019 - 2020
5 Eggs Frozen
once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor [Dr. Vicki Schnell] and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained...she didn't seem to be paying a whole lot of attention to my case, there was never any such information shared with me, or any discussions about what I'd like to do...She was very personable, but rushed through explanations. Being extra friendly and enthusiastic turned to disappearance once I had my baseline.
You might deal with completely different people each time [at CORM]. It doesn't seem they communicate well amongst themselves, and they definitely don't communicate with you. The doctor is hardly present in the most stressful parts (i.e., the whole cycle)...My baseline was done by a trainee without me knowing, then a trainer entering halfway through, not introducing themself, and both talking about technique while taking a really long time as if I wasn't even there, or they weren't using my vagina and ovaries. There was no result communicated, verbally or electronically. Later, once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained.
2019 - 2020
5 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She was very personable, but rushed through explanations. Being extra friendly and enthusiastic turned to disappearance once I had my baseline. When I raised concerns with her she had quick irrelevant excuses, like "well that nurse is having a hard time at home, she's going to school and has all these kids," or saying that "well most women are already informed about how to read portal results because they do a lot of research and have support there, but i guess with egg freezing it's not the same." When I mentioned the awful experienced of having a trainee do my baseline ultrasound with no notification and taking forever, she blamed the techs being young and immature, and said she was glad to know this, but when I went in for the next ultrasound the same trainee walked in! I never saw her after initial consultations, and even while she claimed there is always a nurse around to talk to after ultrasounds, there was never anyone. I have no idea why she chose the protocols she did, why she made the one adjustment she made, and what went into any decision, such as timing the trigger shot. She only had me go in twice for monitoring. During the consultation she raved about my AMH and how many follicles I had for my age, and that I wouldn't have to worry about more than one cycle of freezing--so why would it not occur to her to say something when only 6 eggs were responding? I really don't even know if she actually paid any attention, and when I saw her after the retrieval, she was totally oblivious and had to look up my results.
Don't go. If you feel anything is a warning signal about her professionalism or preparation, believe your gut. She's nice and personable, but that means nothing in terms of actual outcomes. The moment she brushes off a comment or concern, or rushes through an explanation, you should believe what you heard and leave.
At first I felt like a human, but that stopped once I was into the cycle and about to start stimulation. My baseline was done by a trainee without me knowing, then a trainer entering halfway through, not introducing themself, and both talking about technique while taking a really long time as if I wasn't even there, or they weren't using my vagina and ovaries. There was no result communicated, verbally or electronically. Later, once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained. There was no nurse or doctor available during my ultrasounds, and only a follow up call from the nurse with instructions, but no info on what was happening with my eggs or what it meant. I asked multiple times by leaving a message with nurse triage (the only way to reach them) about the results, and only once on pressing the issue did the nurse give me a set of numbers (size) that explained nothing. I only went in for monitoring twice. When I called with questions about meds or anything, I'd sometimes get an impatient nurse who said things like "you should know how to mix medications by now"…even though I had been told I'd receive another training before the trigger shot. Another doctor performed the retrieval (expected) and literally stopped in the door for 3 seconds, said hi and asked no questions and offered no info, and I never saw him again. They booked me a follow up with the doc who did the procedure but who wasn't my doctor. When I told them he wasn't my doctor, they booked a followup with my doctor a full 3 weeks later. Because I was experiencing a lot of dizziness a week later, they had me come in early and I told the doctor all my concerns, but then I was referred to a customer care person and never again had any interaction with any doctors. They kept making me repeat all the things that were problematic (agreeing that all of it was problematic), collecting information for "quality control" but in the end did nothing to actually benefit me. Oh, and of course the lack of info about my ultrasound results were suspicious because I expected a much higher number of eggs, so when they saw that wasn't panning out, you'd think they'd tell me something. But since I never saw my Doctor once I'd started stimulation, and she didn't seem to be paying a whole lot of attention to my case, there was never any such information shared with me, or any discussions about what I'd like to do.
There were no rationales offered to me, and no info once I started stimulation. After first ultrasound (I started with 300 units Gonal F), I was to increase gonal f to 450 units daily. Didn't do another ultrasound until the 4th day after that, when I was told to trigger the next day. Met no actual nurses or doctors that whole time. There was no rationale given.
There was one who was incredibly thorough and kind but I never met her and only communicated with her by Skype and email for information. The ones I dealt with once the cycle started were random and non-communicative, and one was even callous when answering my request for instructions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
You might deal with completely different people each time. It doesn't seem they communicate well amongst themselves, and they definitely don't communicate with you. The doctor is hardly present in the most stressful parts (i.e., the whole cycle). They would claim that "they always" do this or that, but don't. For example, I was given a quick review of how to do the trigger shot with the rest of my medicine training, but told they always go over that before I'd have to do it--never went over it, and I was shamed for calling nurse triage for information. I felt like I was bothering them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
$7500 for the egg freezing procedure. $40 for first appt (copay). Some copays on initial testing. Medication was purchased elsewhere.
What specific things went wrong at CORM?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
I already explained in my other answers. 1) none of my ultrasounds were explained, i wasn't informed that results during stims were disappointing, and i was given barely any information, choices, or autonomy during the process 2) some nurses were rude, shaming or made mistakes (I was was given conflicting instructions on meds to take) 3) techs were unprofessional and did not respect my rights to know who they were and what they were doing, treating my body like an training grounds. 4) doctor brushed off any errors, never really seemed to be paying attention to my case, and getting 5 frozen eggs out of 18 follicles, with no anticipated reasons for expecting such results, seems quite relevant to that lack of professionalism. 5) they admitted that all the things i found concerning were problems, when i told them, but they then used my time to take notes on their own process, but offered me nothing in return.

PCOS, Other
Dr. Kathiresan took her time with me at every visit and didn't make me feel rushed. She listened to my concerns, patiently answered my questions, and tailored treatment to my concerns/needs...She was direct and up-front with me about treatment plans, success rates that I could expect, side effects of medications, and risks of treatment. She was able to provide sound clinical reasoning for all of her medical decision-making. She struck me as professional with excellent clinical skills. I would refer anyone I know to her without hesitation.
staff [at CORM] was highly professional and welcoming. No complaints here...A medicated cycle with monitoring without IUI was $1275. IUI was an extra $400. Sperm freezing was offered to us at $800... The offices have a home-y feel and a child-free waiting room...There is a nursing triage line for non-urgent questions during normal business hours and an option to page the physician on weekends for emergencies.
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan impressed me greatly with her bedside manner, expertise and communication. I felt I could ask her anything, and no question was too trivial for her. She was direct and up-front with me about treatment plans, success rates that I could expect, side effects of medications, and risks of treatment. She was able to provide sound clinical reasoning for all of her medical decision-making. She struck me as professional with excellent clinical skills. I would refer anyone I know to her without hesitation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan is unlikely to give you an unrealistically rosy outlook on your chance of success with different forms of treatment. Not that I found her to be too negative, but I think she might have slightly undersold our chances of treatment success. I prefer my expectations to be set too low rather than too high, but don't expect excessive optimism. She is a fantastic physician with an excellent bedside manner though, and you'll be pleased with your choice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Describe the protocols Anupama Kathiresan used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I got pregnant after 1 cycle of Femara 5 mg daily on CD3-7, then Ovidrel to trigger and timed intercourse. Pregnancy is currently ongoing and healthy, now at 10 weeks. Femara was used to induce ovulation for my PCOS, Ovidrel was my trigger shot and no MFI so timed intercourse was sufficient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Jackson)
Ashley was the primary nurse I interacted with at CORM. She was excellent at providing prompt information, calling in my prescriptions, and responding to my questions. They have a nurse triage line for questions and I found that Ashley always responded to my non-urgent questions within a few hours. She was courteous, professional, and knowledgeable but willing to ask the doctor if I asked her something she didn't know. Similarly the rest of the staff was highly professional and welcoming. No complaints here.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic has multiple locations and flexible hours, which was really convenient for monitoring appointments! My spouse did his lab testing at a Saturday appt (available upon request), which was perfect for his busy weekday schedule. The offices have a home-y feel and a child-free waiting room, which I appreciated. There is a nursing triage line for non-urgent questions during normal business hours and an option to page the physician on weekends for emergencies.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
Infertility diagnosis was covered under my insurance, but treatment was not. A medicated cycle with monitoring without IUI was $1275. IUI was an extra $400. Sperm freezing was offered to us at $800.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Perfetto did a wonderful job informing me about the tests and processes but sometimes I would leave and go home then think of something else. ... After about 3 vists and initial testing, we figured out I was suffering from a miscarriage due to an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto made me feel like I was a priority. She called me on the phone personally to explain what was happening and guided me through it.
I will admit, in the beginning, it was very difficult to get a hold of someone to confirm a new patient appointment for me. However, after I did my initial consultation, the communication was much better. ... The entire nursing staff at CORM has been nothing but helpful to me. From answering all the questions, to returning my frantic phone calls, and even helping me with my payment/bill options. Any time I needed them, I would call the triage line and leave a message and they would always get back to me that day no matter how busy they were. Everyone I have worked with has wonderful bedside manner and made me feel nothing but welcomed. I cannot comment on any of their weaknesses because I have yet to observe any.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first went to visit Candice Perfetto for a consultation, I was nervous. After about 3 vists and initial testing, we figured out I was suffering from a miscarriage due to an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto made me feel like I was a priority. She called me on the phone personally to explain what was happening and guided me through it. She even gave me her cell phone number and told me I could call her if I had any questions or concerns. She checked on me consistently and made me feel a little less horrible about the situation at hand. She has wonderful bedside manner and is very caring and compassionate. She even has an instagram dedicated to inform her followers about infertility and all the things that accompany it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Ask a ton of questions. There is no such thing as a silly question. Dr. Perfetto did a wonderful job informing me about the tests and processes but sometimes I would leave and go home then think of something else. Don't hesistate to call the office and leave a message to speak to the nurses. They will 100% call you back and help you with anything you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first went to Dr. Perfetto (after my initial consultation) I was going through a miscarriage/ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto called me personally to check on me, tell me information, and remained consistently worried about me through the entire process. I know she had tons of patients, but she truly made me feel like I was a priority.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I will admit, in the beginning, it was very difficult to get a hold of someone to confirm a new patient appointment for me. However, after I did my initial consultation, the communication was much better. The clinic is so inviting and cozy. You don't feel so much as though you are at a hospital. The waiting room kind of reminds me of my own living room with a big comfy couch and television always on. They even have snacks at the counter for you when you leave! The bathroom and facilities have always been top-notch clean and no complaints from me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.
Unfortunately, being a teacher, nothing is covered under my insurance. Not medicine, not testing, not clinic visits and definitely not consultations. It definitely is a costly thing to go through. Our office visits range from from 175-300. Our medications cost around 1,200. Our IUI's range from 2,000 to 3,000 depending on the management cycle suggested.
Describe Candice O'Hern Perfetto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
we are using a HCG trigger shot to assist in the quality of my eggs as well as a Lupron antagonist protocol [with Dr. Candice O'Hern Perfetto] because there may be some underlying endometriosis/inflammation that we aren't aware of...makes you feel like you are part of a family and your care is important to her to the extent she will do everything she can based on the knowledge she has to help you achieve your potential. She even remembered or Skype conversation from a month previous when we met her in the office. I can't say I've had to many Dr.s do that especially in the fertility community.
Overall this clinic [CORM] has way more strengths than weaknesses and I would recommend it to anyone looking for compassionate and knowledgable fertility information and treatment...It seems as though there is a separate on call nurse or nurse that returns messages left vs. the Dr.s primary nurse. I believe there is going to be some turnover with the primary nurse so I can't say yet how this will affect my interactions with the clinic...
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
As a woman it is important to feel as though you are being treated the way a Dr. would treat their best friend or family member. Did you do your research? Did you explore all options and tests? Did you look at things that are new and maybe controversial at this time? I asked Dr. Perfetto if I was her best friend, sister, or daughter what would she recommend me do. Without hesitation I was given an answer and an explanation as to why. It's important that your Dr. doesn't always feel like they have every answer. It keeps them seeking new information and treatments in the area of their expertise. I explained my situation with my previous RE and how after failed IVF I was given the same protocol with no changes and no explanations. Dr. Perfetto immediately told me of research that had suggested that the protocol I had been on may not have been the best choice and explained why.
Be open, honest, and thorough in your history. That would be my recommendation for anyone doing IVF. Somethings you may not want to discuss or feel embarrassed about but with infertility you quickly lose your modesty and if the Dr. can have a full picture from the beginning they will be more equipped to help you achieve your goals/dreams.
Dr. Perfetto from the moment we first spoke with her made us feel like we were important and more than a number. It is important to us to be treated for our infertility and not just be treated for IVF. What I mean by that is whatever we can do to improve our fertility or find out why we are struggling it important to start there and not just do rounds of IVF with no answers and the same protocols. Dr. Perfetto makes you feel like you are part of a family and your care is important to her to the extent she will do everything she can based on the knowledge she has to help you achieve your potential. She even remembered or Skype conversation from a month previous when we met her in the office. I can't say I've had to many Dr.s do that especially in the fertility community.
Describe the protocols Candice O'Hern Perfetto used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I am starting my first treatment with Dr. Perfetto so I can't say quite yet how the outcome will be, however, I can say that we are using a HCG trigger shot to assist in the quality of my eggs as well as a Lupron antagonist protocol because there may be some underlying endometriosis/inflammation that we aren't aware of.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The strengths of this clinic are that the Dr. always preforms their own transfers, The billing is as simplified as you can get it so there are no hidden fees or potential for cancelled cycles due to unknown balances due, they are very open to questions and suggestions about your cycle and why or why not something might work for you. The weaknesses are nursing turnover. I don't think this happens a lot at this clinic but when it does happen there is always a transition period that is a little chaotic. Also, though very nice and helpful, being out of state I had to fax and upload all of my previous medical information for both my spouse and I. When I showed up for my in office appointment the intake girl had not forwarded any of my files or information to Dr. Perfetto. This is especially frustrating because she wasn't able to look at any of my previous cycle information prior to my visit. Which I specifically said if there was anything additional she needed to please let me know so I could make sure I provided it. I will say though that during the time we spoke with billing and her personal nurse she requested that information and reviewed it and came back with details on what protocol she recommended, why we were going to do things a little differently, etc. Rather than looking at it after we left (since I won't start my cycle for a another month or so) she immediately was on a plan for us. Overall this clinic has way more strengths than weaknesses and I would recommend it to anyone looking for compassionate and knowledgable fertility information and treatment.
The billing is simplified into charges for retrieval, transfer, PGS/PGD, etc. So it is not small amounts for individual procedures such as ultrasound, lab, nursing hours, etc. It makes it simple to pay for and there are no hidden fees that could potentially cancel a cycle for mishaps in the billing department. Some of the fees are high such as sperm cryopreservation and storage compared to other clinics I've seen or heard of but overall I think it's comparable.
I have no comments on eSET as I always do what my Dr. recommends. I did have a previous Dr. suggest transferring 3 embryos but if they all took we would have to make a selective deduction choice and so we declined to have three transferred. I understand both rationales for single vs multiple so unless there would be selective reduction I typically am fine with my Dr.s recommendation.
Houston

Dr K [Kathiresan] was incredible! Infertility is such a miserable thing, but her compassion and patience made it a pleasant experience. I always looked forward to seeing her, as I always left feeling reassured and hopeful. She was always willing to answer questions, no matter how neurotic I got. She, more than any doctor I’ve known, looked so genuinely excited for us when we finally got our positive. I wouldn’t wish infertility on anyone, but if you have it- Dr K is the best choice you can make.
I liked it [CORM]. Scheduling was easy, everyone was nice. Lots of locations to choose from. We had to go down to Clear Lake for testing/procedures on the weekend, but it was worth the trip. The Memorial location was my favorite - I rarely had to wait for than a few minutes to be seen.... Ashley was incredible. She was so helpful and was such a sweetheart when she called to give me news, good or bad. She was attentive and was on top of everything throughout each cycle.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr K was incredible! Infertility is such a miserable thing, but her compassion and patience made it a pleasant experience. I always looked forward to seeing her, as I always left feeling reassured and hopeful. She was always willing to answer questions, no matter how neurotic I got. She, more than any doctor I’ve known, looked so genuinely excited for us when we finally got our positive. I wouldn’t wish infertility on anyone, but if you have it- Dr K is the best choice you can make.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’s super patient with them. She’ll give you realistic expectations and help keep you from getting catastrophizing or getting your hopes up.
We used Letrazole, Gonal F, and Ovridel. Doses were adjusted based on how my body performed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Describe your experience with CORM.
I liked it. Scheduling was easy, everyone was nice. Lots of locations to choose from. We had to go down to Clear Lake for testing/procedures on the weekend, but it was worth the trip. The Memorial location was my favorite - I rarely had to wait for than a few minutes to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
A full IUI cycle was $1675 + meds.

2016 - 2019
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle...shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile...I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea.
The financial counselor [at CORM] gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication...The clinic is very private and the ambiance is very warm and inviting. They have on site lab, ultrasound machines, HSG testing and more. It helps when it’s a one stop clinic because you don’t have to travel to so many places. The one thing I would change is parking. It is kind of difficult to enter and exit and you also have to pay to park.
2016 - 2019
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia with atypia and could not proceed. During that crucial and devastating diagnosis, she was very empathetic and I felt she was on my side. She gave me options and didn’t leave me blindsided. After hormone therapy , I returned to her facility for further treatment. I wouldn’t choose anyone else for my care.
Dr. Perfetto’s shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile.
I felt like a human because she understood my struggles with PCOS and didn’t automatically weight shame me. She explains everything in terms I understand. Most important, when I was at my lowest point and received an unexpected diagnosis, she was empathetic and even called me to check and see if I was okay. I will always remember that.
I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea. After my cycle, I went in for an ultrasound to check my uterine lining, I was then prescribed Letrozole to induce ovulation. During this process, we did have to up the dose and it worked. When I had an ultrasound with a follicle, I was instructed to trigger shot. I was given a calendar with instructions of every step of the way. After trigger, we timed intercourse based on instructions. We then waited two weeks for blood work which resulted in a negative pregnancy. During the two week wait, I was prescribed progesterone suppositories to help prevent miscarriage. After the negative test, I was instructed to discontinue progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
I remember a group of people caring for me. They were always ready to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The financial counselor gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication. This current time, the counselor provided an updated contract with updated pricing and we were once again told up front what was not included in the contract. Since my insurance doesn’t cover fertility, all my charges must be paid upfront with the contract. This is probably the most difficult part of this process. The contracts cost thousands of dollars upfront and it is heart wrenching when the funds are not available or limited.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The clinic [CORM] was small and intimate. I felt like we were seen and each of the staff knew us and our history each time we visited. On the weekends, the staff rotate at the surgical center so we would often see a familiar face if an appointment landed on the weekend. Even the administrative/insurance department recalled our files and were so helpful getting any issues resolved with my insurance company and explained everything thoroughly.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
I did extensive research on the infertility clinics in Houston before I visited anyone. CORM and Dr. Kathiresan was on the top of my list as not only was her background impressive, but so were her colleagues and I knew in the field that your care may be in the hands of one of the other doctors if your appointment landed on a weekend. We ended up consulting a different infertility clinic at the recommendation of our OB. While that clinic was professional, my husband and I felt uneasy about the volume of patients each time we visited where we felt like just a number. I went with my gut and sought a second consultation with Dr. Kathiresan at CORM. Everyone at CORM was warm and the office had an intimate setting. Education is also important to me and Dr. Kathiresan was very informative and made sure we knew our options at each step of the way. With infertility being such a personal and possibly painful topic, you want your care to be at a place that sees you are more than just business. She rooted for us and considered our embryos as precious as we did. It was clear that she cared not only for a successful pregnancy but that we were comfortable, meaning nothing was ever rushed or pressured.
Research the entire clinic, not just the primary doctor for your care, including their lab if they have one. Make sure you're absolutely comfortable with your doctor and nurses where you can bring up any issues or questions. See multiple doctors until you find the one you're comfortable with.
The clinic was small and intimate. I felt like we were seen and each of the staff knew us and our history each time we visited. On the weekends, the staff rotate at the surgical center so we would often see a familiar face if an appointment landed on the weekend. Even the administrative/insurance department recalled our files and were so helpful getting any issues resolved with my insurance company and explained everything thoroughly.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Only a handful of doctors meant that I could research all of them and felt comfortable with all of them. Their rotating staff on the weekends meant that if I had a weekend appointment, I usually saw a familiar face at the surgical center. They also have their own storage facility and lab for the embryos. Their surgical center is located in Clear Lake with plenty of parking.
Houston

I saw 4-5 specialists in Houston before seeing her [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] and we love her her!... we are ready to start letrazole with an IUI per her recommendation, as well as a low dose steroid for my case...She’s personable and super nice. Very knowledgeable...relatable...really loves what she does. She has an Instagram that really raises awareness about infertility and she’s always so honest and nice. You can see how much she cares about her patients and about what she does
I’ve had minimal contact with the nursing staff [at CORM] but from the contact I did have they were very nice and helpful...For every cycle of IUI it will cost us 2,700-3000$ approximately...The cost for IVF there was 14,500$ without the meds...This clinic is by far the best one I have been to in Houston. They are quick to answer, work with your schedule, and they are nice and compassionate. They respect your time as well. I don’t really have any other comments as of right now. My only thing would be to definitely ask about the pricing up front which they are really good at
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She’s personable and relatable. She’s knowledgeable and really loves what she does. She has an Instagram that really raises awareness about infertility and she’s always so honest and nice. You can see how much she cares about her patients and about what she does
Go see her! I saw 4-5 specialists in Houston before seeing her and we love her her! Be honest, voice your concerns
She’s personable and super nice. Very knowledgeable
I had tried clomid in the past under the care of another physician and it did not work. She explained why letrazole would be a better fit but since I was not having a period (2 years without a period when I saw her), she recommended we start wth progesterone every month for 10 days and I got a period for the first time in 2 years! I may not be ovulating but I have a period and we are ready to start letrazole with an IUI per her recommendation, as well as a low dose steroid for my case.
I’ve had minimal contact with the nursing staff but from the contact I did have they were very nice and helpful
Describe your experience with CORM.
While the ultrasound and consult were covered by my insurance, none of the actual fertility costs are covered. For every cycle of IUI it will cost us 2,700-3000$ approximately. She did inform us that we could try IUI 3 times before she would recommend doing IVF. The cost for IVF there was 14,500$ without the meds.
I haven’t talked to her in great detail about this yet because we will be trying IUI first. From what I understand, she does single embryo transfers due to risk
Houston

Candace [O'Hern Perfetto] has great bed side manner, she is nice, approachable, explained things very well to my husband and I and was very gentle. I am excited to continue our journey with her. ... Candice explained both my husband and I's questions in detail, we did the dye test and she explained everything about it, my husband did the sperm test and she explained the results in detail. Our next step is IUI and she explained that in detail and what to do next when we are ready.
The clinic is very nice, modern, has a television, snacks and magazines for the guest. The clinic looks great. It also has feminine products in the bathroom that can used and all of the facility is clean and kept up nicely. Also, very easy to access and get to. ... Nursing staff was energetic, asked me personal questions and showed caring about why I was visiting. I also called to ask more questions about IUI and they explained it very well.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Come into your appointment open and willing to listen. We have unexplained infertility which can be emotional to understand, however Dr. Perfetto kept us at ease and made sure we were OK for next steps.
Candace has great bed side manner, she is nice, approachable, explained things very well to my husband and I and was very gentle. I am excited to continue our journey with her.
We did did the dye test which showed my tubes were just fine. We had already done clomid with my ObGyn and everything was fine and I ovulate. Next step is IUI. All blood work was good as well.
Describe your experience with CORM.
My consult visit was not high from what I remember, I cant remember the cost of the dye test. I do know the IUI will run us about $1675 and medication will be $500-$800. Any help is very appreciated.

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Perfetto is honest & upfront, but kind and emphatetic. I always felt like I knew the plan and rationale. When things didn’t go as planned, she helped my understand why and how we should best change the course of treatment.... Not much time is scheduled directly with Dr. Perfetto during the monitoring phase of your cycle. If you feel like you need extra time with her, just ask.... She always acts like I am her only patient - no amount of questioning seems like too much.
This clinic [CORM Houston] is located on the outskirts of the Texas Medical Center. It is a quiet practice, never too busy. A major con is that you have to pay for parking - it adds up quickly with the frequent visits required for monitoring....Monitoring appointments were always very easy & convenient. I was able to go in at 7:30am before work. They would draw my blood & then complete ultrasound. In and out in less than 20 minutes usually.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Ask every question you have. She will answer honestly & has certainly heard it before. Not much time is scheduled directly with Dr. Perfetto during the monitoring phase of your cycle. If you feel like you need extra time with her, just ask.
She always acts like I am her only patient - no amount of questioning seems like too much. She provided statistics & evidence to establish her plan of care, but within the framework of my personal dynamic. She took time away from her family vacation to address concerns when my cycle was not going as planned.
IUI converted to IVF secondary to overproduction of follicles.
The nurses communicated well & were always very timely when responding to my (frequent) questions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
This clinic is located on the outskirts of the Texas Medical Center. It is a quiet practice, never too busy. A major con is that you have to pay for parking - it adds up quickly with the frequent visits required for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
$6700 for egg retrieval & 1 transfer (though, considered a ”min stim” cycle).
Dr. Perfetto’a goal is healthy mama and baby - single embryo transfer recommended.
Houston

I have seen Dr. Prefetto twice and each time she treats my husband and i like we are not just another patient but as if we were a family member or a friends. She is very kind and loving.... Since seeing Dr. Perfetto i have nothing but respect and fully trust her with my treatment. She is amazing. My husband is afraid of needles we needed to do the genetic testing and he was refusing. She tried to look into other options to get the test done
The entire new patient process was super easy. Everyone one i spoken with was super helpful. I would not say the clinic [CORM] has any weakness, but their straighten would be that you feel welcomed. I felt like the entire staff knew what they were doing, and Dr. Perfetto answered all of my question. The team is good at returning phone calls.... The nurse staff was wonderful and caring as well. They are very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Since seeing Dr. Perfetto i have nothing but respect and fully trust her with my treatment. She is amazing. My husband is afraid of needles we needed to do the genetic testing and he was refusing. She tried to look into other options to get the test done. Eventually she was able to get him to do the lab work and it did not hurt. She is very understanding of the stress and fear with this process. She is easy to talk to and makes this so much easier and less stressful
Out of the past two Fertility Dr. i have seen i feel the most comfortable with Dr. Perfetto. She is very knowledgeable, and will not do anything to affect the chances of her patient conceiving a baby. Like she told me the most important thing is getting your pregnant.
The nurse staff was wonderful and caring as well. They are very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The entire new patient process was super easy. Everyone one i spoken with was super helpful. I would not say the clinic has any weakness, but their straighten would be that you feel welcomed. I felt like the entire staff knew what they were doing, and Dr. Perfetto answered all of my question. The team is good at returning phone calls.
I trust my doctor decision with only transferring one embryo. the risk is much higher with two, and i believe that she will make my dream come true with the one embryo
Houston

Dr. Perfetto is very warm and compassionate. She reassures me that my feelings are real and valid. She also reminds me that my newly diagnosed endometriosis causes me more problems than I realize and is honest in her recommendations for fertility treatments because of it. She also did not push me to pursue IVF once I told her we couldnt afford it. ...
There is an office near my work that I initially began at. I started here because of this convenience. However, it doesn't have the same lab abilities ... Also, they do not have the ability to call and speak with a nurse or even email with a question. You can only call the nurse triage line and leave a voice message. ... The nursing staff has been nice, but unorganized. ...
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto has been compassionate, patient and understanding. I initially consulted with her for my unexplained infertility issues and later developed a endometrioma that required surgical removal. She diagnosed me with endometriosis related infertility. Since then, she has been honest about what she believes will work and what will not. She provides solid information to support those beliefs. Her kind, nurturing nature has been what I've needed while constantly getting bad news.
I would say she really seems to care about us a patient. I was referred by a friend as well.
After laparoscopy to remove an endometrioma, I took one cycle of birth control pills. IUI Round 1: I began my first IUI cycle by day 2 blood work and ultrasound. On day 3, I started with five days of letrozole and then three days of Gonal-F injections (100). The letrozole was not supposed to interfere with my endo as much as other meds. I returned to the clinic on day 11 and only had two follicles at ultrasound time so I took another dose of Gonal-F (150) and then ovadril (100) to ovulate. IUI was preformed on day 13. I began progesterone supposotories the day after IUI. On day 20, I retuned to the clinic for progesteone test and continued suppositories until I began my period naturally. That resulted in a negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle 2: I began my second IUI cycle by day 2 blood work and vaginal ultrasound. On day 3, I started with five days of letrozole and then three days of Gonal-F injections (100). The letrozole was not supposed to interfere with my endo as much as other meds. I returned to the clinic on day 13 and only had one follicles at ultrasound time. I had also started to ovulated on my own. IUI was preformed on day 14. I began profesterone supposotories the day after IUI. On day 21, I retuned to the clinic for progesteone test and continued suppositories until I began my period naturally. That resulted in a negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle 3: I began by day 3 ultrasound and blood work/pregnancy test. I began 5 days of clomid (one tab/50) followed by 3 days of Gonal-F (100). Dr Perfetto decided that clomid might produce more follicles than the previous results from letrozole. She commented that I might have more endo side effects but we felt it was worth it. I am scheduled to return for vaginal ultrasound and lab work on day 11.
The nursing staff has been nice, but unorganized. I'm not sure if Dr. Perfetto has one head nurse because I've seen and spoken with several. I'm not sure what role each nurse plays. One of her nurses has been very short and agitated with me on the phone. The other is incredibly sweet but seems uninformed about some of my issues and provides more administrative type duties.
Describe your experience with CORM.
This is a tough one. There is an office near my work that I initially began at. I started here because of this convenience. However, it doesn't have the same lab abilities and my Dr. is only there once a week so I am constantly referred to the medical center location which is 45 min away. Also, they do not have the ability to call and speak with a nurse or even email with a question. You can only call the nurse triage line and leave a voice message. The previous clinic I went to had both options and made me feel they were much more available. They also aren't open on the weekends except for their Clear Lake location (2 hours from my house) and require (sometimes 7AM) Saturday appointments. The previous clinic I went to was open every single day.
For my endometrioma surgery, my insurance covered a good part and I had a co-insurance. My IUI is covered by my insurance for 6 rounds. I only pay for the medicine out of pocket. The last three cycles have been about $600 for letrozole/clomid, Gonal-F, Ovadril and progesterone suppositories.