Genetic counseling: Offered
Pearland, TX 77584
281.332.0073
1015 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend CORM to a friend?

5 Eggs Frozen
once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor [Dr. Vicki Schnell] and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained...she didn't seem to be paying a whole lot of attention to my case, there was never any such information shared with me, or any discussions about what I'd like to do...She was very personable, but rushed through explanations. Being extra friendly and enthusiastic turned to disappearance once I had my baseline.
You might deal with completely different people each time [at CORM]. It doesn't seem they communicate well amongst themselves, and they definitely don't communicate with you. The doctor is hardly present in the most stressful parts (i.e., the whole cycle)...My baseline was done by a trainee without me knowing, then a trainer entering halfway through, not introducing themself, and both talking about technique while taking a really long time as if I wasn't even there, or they weren't using my vagina and ovaries. There was no result communicated, verbally or electronically. Later, once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained.
5 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She was very personable, but rushed through explanations. Being extra friendly and enthusiastic turned to disappearance once I had my baseline. When I raised concerns with her she had quick irrelevant excuses, like "well that nurse is having a hard time at home, she's going to school and has all these kids," or saying that "well most women are already informed about how to read portal results because they do a lot of research and have support there, but i guess with egg freezing it's not the same." When I mentioned the awful experienced of having a trainee do my baseline ultrasound with no notification and taking forever, she blamed the techs being young and immature, and said she was glad to know this, but when I went in for the next ultrasound the same trainee walked in! I never saw her after initial consultations, and even while she claimed there is always a nurse around to talk to after ultrasounds, there was never anyone. I have no idea why she chose the protocols she did, why she made the one adjustment she made, and what went into any decision, such as timing the trigger shot. She only had me go in twice for monitoring. During the consultation she raved about my AMH and how many follicles I had for my age, and that I wouldn't have to worry about more than one cycle of freezing--so why would it not occur to her to say something when only 6 eggs were responding? I really don't even know if she actually paid any attention, and when I saw her after the retrieval, she was totally oblivious and had to look up my results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Don't go. If you feel anything is a warning signal about her professionalism or preparation, believe your gut. She's nice and personable, but that means nothing in terms of actual outcomes. The moment she brushes off a comment or concern, or rushes through an explanation, you should believe what you heard and leave.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
At first I felt like a human, but that stopped once I was into the cycle and about to start stimulation. My baseline was done by a trainee without me knowing, then a trainer entering halfway through, not introducing themself, and both talking about technique while taking a really long time as if I wasn't even there, or they weren't using my vagina and ovaries. There was no result communicated, verbally or electronically. Later, once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained. There was no nurse or doctor available during my ultrasounds, and only a follow up call from the nurse with instructions, but no info on what was happening with my eggs or what it meant. I asked multiple times by leaving a message with nurse triage (the only way to reach them) about the results, and only once on pressing the issue did the nurse give me a set of numbers (size) that explained nothing. I only went in for monitoring twice. When I called with questions about meds or anything, I'd sometimes get an impatient nurse who said things like "you should know how to mix medications by now"…even though I had been told I'd receive another training before the trigger shot. Another doctor performed the retrieval (expected) and literally stopped in the door for 3 seconds, said hi and asked no questions and offered no info, and I never saw him again. They booked me a follow up with the doc who did the procedure but who wasn't my doctor. When I told them he wasn't my doctor, they booked a followup with my doctor a full 3 weeks later. Because I was experiencing a lot of dizziness a week later, they had me come in early and I told the doctor all my concerns, but then I was referred to a customer care person and never again had any interaction with any doctors. They kept making me repeat all the things that were problematic (agreeing that all of it was problematic), collecting information for "quality control" but in the end did nothing to actually benefit me. Oh, and of course the lack of info about my ultrasound results were suspicious because I expected a much higher number of eggs, so when they saw that wasn't panning out, you'd think they'd tell me something. But since I never saw my Doctor once I'd started stimulation, and she didn't seem to be paying a whole lot of attention to my case, there was never any such information shared with me, or any discussions about what I'd like to do.
Describe the protocols Vicki Schnell used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
There were no rationales offered to me, and no info once I started stimulation. After first ultrasound (I started with 300 units Gonal F), I was to increase gonal f to 450 units daily. Didn't do another ultrasound until the 4th day after that, when I was told to trigger the next day. Met no actual nurses or doctors that whole time. There was no rationale given.
There was one who was incredibly thorough and kind but I never met her and only communicated with her by Skype and email for information. The ones I dealt with once the cycle started were random and non-communicative, and one was even callous when answering my request for instructions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
You might deal with completely different people each time. It doesn't seem they communicate well amongst themselves, and they definitely don't communicate with you. The doctor is hardly present in the most stressful parts (i.e., the whole cycle). They would claim that "they always" do this or that, but don't. For example, I was given a quick review of how to do the trigger shot with the rest of my medicine training, but told they always go over that before I'd have to do it--never went over it, and I was shamed for calling nurse triage for information. I felt like I was bothering them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
$7500 for the egg freezing procedure. $40 for first appt (copay). Some copays on initial testing. Medication was purchased elsewhere.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
I already explained in my other answers. 1) none of my ultrasounds were explained, i wasn't informed that results during stims were disappointing, and i was given barely any information, choices, or autonomy during the process 2) some nurses were rude, shaming or made mistakes (I was was given conflicting instructions on meds to take) 3) techs were unprofessional and did not respect my rights to know who they were and what they were doing, treating my body like an training grounds. 4) doctor brushed off any errors, never really seemed to be paying attention to my case, and getting 5 frozen eggs out of 18 follicles, with no anticipated reasons for expecting such results, seems quite relevant to that lack of professionalism. 5) they admitted that all the things i found concerning were problems, when i told them, but they then used my time to take notes on their own process, but offered me nothing in return.

PCOS, Other
Dr. Kathiresan took her time with me at every visit and didn't make me feel rushed. She listened to my concerns, patiently answered my questions, and tailored treatment to my concerns/needs...She was direct and up-front with me about treatment plans, success rates that I could expect, side effects of medications, and risks of treatment. She was able to provide sound clinical reasoning for all of her medical decision-making. She struck me as professional with excellent clinical skills. I would refer anyone I know to her without hesitation.
staff [at CORM] was highly professional and welcoming. No complaints here...A medicated cycle with monitoring without IUI was $1275. IUI was an extra $400. Sperm freezing was offered to us at $800... The offices have a home-y feel and a child-free waiting room...There is a nursing triage line for non-urgent questions during normal business hours and an option to page the physician on weekends for emergencies.
PCOS, Other
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan impressed me greatly with her bedside manner, expertise and communication. I felt I could ask her anything, and no question was too trivial for her. She was direct and up-front with me about treatment plans, success rates that I could expect, side effects of medications, and risks of treatment. She was able to provide sound clinical reasoning for all of her medical decision-making. She struck me as professional with excellent clinical skills. I would refer anyone I know to her without hesitation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan is unlikely to give you an unrealistically rosy outlook on your chance of success with different forms of treatment. Not that I found her to be too negative, but I think she might have slightly undersold our chances of treatment success. I prefer my expectations to be set too low rather than too high, but don't expect excessive optimism. She is a fantastic physician with an excellent bedside manner though, and you'll be pleased with your choice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Describe the protocols Anupama Kathiresan used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I got pregnant after 1 cycle of Femara 5 mg daily on CD3-7, then Ovidrel to trigger and timed intercourse. Pregnancy is currently ongoing and healthy, now at 10 weeks. Femara was used to induce ovulation for my PCOS, Ovidrel was my trigger shot and no MFI so timed intercourse was sufficient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Jackson)
Ashley was the primary nurse I interacted with at CORM. She was excellent at providing prompt information, calling in my prescriptions, and responding to my questions. They have a nurse triage line for questions and I found that Ashley always responded to my non-urgent questions within a few hours. She was courteous, professional, and knowledgeable but willing to ask the doctor if I asked her something she didn't know. Similarly the rest of the staff was highly professional and welcoming. No complaints here.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic has multiple locations and flexible hours, which was really convenient for monitoring appointments! My spouse did his lab testing at a Saturday appt (available upon request), which was perfect for his busy weekday schedule. The offices have a home-y feel and a child-free waiting room, which I appreciated. There is a nursing triage line for non-urgent questions during normal business hours and an option to page the physician on weekends for emergencies.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
Infertility diagnosis was covered under my insurance, but treatment was not. A medicated cycle with monitoring without IUI was $1275. IUI was an extra $400. Sperm freezing was offered to us at $800.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.

2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Schnell] is very busy but was always very thorough with us and always said how much she wanted this to work since we had been through so much!...helped us get pregnant after 5 years of trying and two failed attempts at another clinic! She was very thorough and specific when going through all of our procedures and medicines...She used some different protocols and medicines that my other clinic did not use. We did do a mock cycle to see when my uterus was at its prime and I wasn’t on as much medicine as my previous cycles.
It felt like they [staff at CORM] were always on top Of everything! Very welcoming and supportive. I never felt like my questions were stupid and they always returned my calls in a timely manner! They were so accommodating. One time my mom was with me and my dad was in waiting room and they let them Both...in my room so they could see our baby on the screen! We are very pleased with the clinic!...They [nurses] were always smiling and positive! You could tell they enjoyed their jobs and wanted people to have success.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell and her staff helped us get pregnant after 5 years of trying and two failed attempts at another clinic! She was very thorough and specific when going through all of our procedures and medicines. She came highly recommended by friends and family. We are very thankful for her and her team and would recommend them to anyone!!
She isn’t fluffy with bedside manner but she is very good at what she does and wants you to finally have tour dreams come true!
She is very busy but was always very thorough with us and always said how much she wanted this to work since we had been through so much!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
They were always smiling and positive! You could tell they enjoyed their jobs and wanted people to have success.
Describe your experience with CORM.
It felt like they were always on top Of everything! Very welcoming and supportive. I never felt like my questions were stupid and they always returned my calls in a timely manner! They were so accommodating. One time my mom was with me and my dad was in waiting room and they let them Both cycle in my room so they could see our baby on the screen! We are very pleased with the clinic!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
I’m a teacher and I felt like they did anything they could to work around my schedule!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
We signed up for their Anniversary special so it was about 16k and free genetic testing on 10 embryos! Medicine was about another 4K!
Describe Vicki Schnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
We did want to put in two embryos but she was always very cautious about this and encouraged us to do a single embryo with higher chances of success. As much as we wanted to do two we trusted her opinion over our feelings!!

2014 - 2020
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr Schnell] collaborated with other doctors to make sure that she stays up to date on everything and has tried everything she can for her patients...always made us feel like a human. She has invested so much time in us and hasn’t given up on us after 6 years of trying to conceive. The only time I feel like a number is when we have to pay. I would have hoped that we would get discounts for spending so much money with them but that hasn’t happened. Other than that, I love Dr. Schnell and CORM...is absolutely the best in her field. I trust her with my whole heart.
There has been times where they [CORM] have told me that I owed a certain amount, then when I went back to pay, they told me owed more because I did not have the credit on the account that they told me I did. One time they cancelled my appointment and didn’t tell me, so I took off from work and went there to find out that I didn’t have an appointment....I love how they always make you feel comfortable and the majority of the staff remembers you as a person. This makes it feel very personable. I do feel like at times it is hard to get ahold of the nurses. This use to not be the case. It seems like the recent nurses would rather txt me answers to my questions than call me back, which I don’t like. All of the doctors here are amazing.
2014 - 2020
2 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is absolutely the best in her field. I trust her with my whole heart. She collaborated with other doctors to make sure that she stays up to date on everything and has tried everything she can for her patients.
Patience is the key
Dr. Schnell always made us feel like a human. She has invested so much time in us and hasn’t given up on us after 6 years of trying to conceive. The only time I feel like a number is when we have to pay. I would have hoped that we would get discounts for spending so much money with them but that hasn’t happened. Other than that, I love Dr. Schnell and CORM
Over the years I feel like this clinic has struggled with great nurses. There have only been 2 nurses that I have trusted over the 6 years I have been with them. They have moved these nurses to their other clinics ☹️. Some of their newer nurses have given me wrong information, which was terrible considering how sensitive and important every step of the process is. I feel like CORM has made adjustments when things like this has happened (those nurses no longer work there) but this is a field where you cannot make mistakes.
Too much to say
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
There has been times where they have told me that I owed a certain amount, then when I went back to pay, they told me owed more because I did not have the credit on the account that they told me I did. One time they cancelled my appointment and didn’t tell me, so I took off from work and went there to find out that I didn’t have an appointment.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr. Crochet took the time to get to know us as a couple and as patients. He has a great bedside manner and remembered conversations we had prior. He tells it like it is, and helped us get the results we were looking for!...Strengths - helped us get pregnant! incredibly smart, calming manner Weakness - you don't always see Dr. Crochet at each visit, it's definitely usually the nurses, he "tells it like it is" We liked the facetime with Dr. Crochet and moved our schedule to when he was available.
$10,000 for IVF egg retrieval [at CORM], $4,500 for embryo transfer, medications were separate. Cycle restart fee was $500 or $800...Single Embryo Transfer - CORM has a policy to only put one embryo back in for the health of the mother...The clinic doesn't always have the most updated paperwork - billing. I paid for a visit, but it wasn't reflected in their notes, so I had them look into it and even saved my receipts. Take advantage of any promos or discounts offered through CORM - ex. 25% off for their anniversary promo. The clinic was creative in getting ways to cover certain visits or procedures, when Infertility isn't covered under my plan, so that was a huge help!
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Crochet at CORM?
Stick with the plan he recommends and be ready for adjustments if needed. All the poking and prodding is worth it in the end.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Crochet at CORM?
Describe the protocols John Crochet used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I have PCOS and high AMH levels. We did 2 injectible IUI's that were not successful. My husband and I decided to move on to IVF after the 2nd failed IUI, as the results are much better. I'm glad we did cause we put that $ from what've would've been the 3rd IUI, towards IVF and it worked on the first try!
Nursing staff was great. Try to call before 2:30/3pm to get a call back the same day. They did the prior authorizations for my prescriptions ahead of time (before IVF) so I wasn't as stressed battling the insurance companies, when the time came to fill the prescription. They faxed it to local pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, and mail order. They answered my many questions and re-assured me when I needed it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
$10,000 for IVF egg retrieval, $4,500 for embryo transfer, medications were separate. Cycle restart fee was $500 or $800.
Describe John Crochet's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.

2017 - 2019
IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr Crochet is a very considerate and supportive doctor. He is not willing to give up and try different styles to ultimately give us a baby. We absolutely believe he is the best dr for us. We have had some issues with the clinic but decided to go through round 3 with them again just because we didn’t want to lose dr crochet... He spends a lot of time with us going over each detail and has been compassionate about our loses. He is constantly striving to get us pregnant through different techniques to advising about special diet plans and such. His office has had some hiccups which we were not happy with but because of him we have continued this journey into yet another cycle and couldn’t imagine going through this with any other dr.
[The staff at CORM] told us to begin regimen and order the prescriptions to begin the cycle and then billing stepped in and cancelled due to a change in our insurance and stated the claim was submitted when it was not...delayed us goin on 3 weeks now...Their strengths are their doctors, weaknesses are billing and communication. I don’t like that you have to call and never speak to anyone and hope you get a return call. The lab updates are on par, billing and insurance is lacking in Communication and explaining things clearly
2017 - 2019
IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr crochet is so kind and considerate. He spends a lot of time with us going over each detail and has been compassionate about our loses. He is constantly striving to get us pregnant through different techniques to advising about special diet plans and such. His office has had some hiccups which we were not happy with but because of him we have continued this journey into yet another cycle and couldn’t imagine going through this with any other dr.
We promise you will love him
Different drugs and doses and latest diet to help me achieve a better outcome to a different sperm donor to a different regimen this round
Quick in and out
Currently at around 66k and not done yet
He prefers single transfer of healthy normal eggs
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
They told us to begin regimen and order the prescriptions to begin the cycle and then billing stepped in and cancelled due to a change in our insurance and stated the claim was submitted when it was not. Rx paid for expired and delayed us goin on 3 weeks now.

Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. Perfetto did a wonderful job informing me about the tests and processes but sometimes I would leave and go home then think of something else. ... After about 3 vists and initial testing, we figured out I was suffering from a miscarriage due to an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto made me feel like I was a priority. She called me on the phone personally to explain what was happening and guided me through it.
I will admit, in the beginning, it was very difficult to get a hold of someone to confirm a new patient appointment for me. However, after I did my initial consultation, the communication was much better. ... The entire nursing staff at CORM has been nothing but helpful to me. From answering all the questions, to returning my frantic phone calls, and even helping me with my payment/bill options. Any time I needed them, I would call the triage line and leave a message and they would always get back to me that day no matter how busy they were. Everyone I have worked with has wonderful bedside manner and made me feel nothing but welcomed. I cannot comment on any of their weaknesses because I have yet to observe any.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first went to visit Candice Perfetto for a consultation, I was nervous. After about 3 vists and initial testing, we figured out I was suffering from a miscarriage due to an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto made me feel like I was a priority. She called me on the phone personally to explain what was happening and guided me through it. She even gave me her cell phone number and told me I could call her if I had any questions or concerns. She checked on me consistently and made me feel a little less horrible about the situation at hand. She has wonderful bedside manner and is very caring and compassionate. She even has an instagram dedicated to inform her followers about infertility and all the things that accompany it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Ask a ton of questions. There is no such thing as a silly question. Dr. Perfetto did a wonderful job informing me about the tests and processes but sometimes I would leave and go home then think of something else. Don't hesistate to call the office and leave a message to speak to the nurses. They will 100% call you back and help you with anything you need.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first went to Dr. Perfetto (after my initial consultation) I was going through a miscarriage/ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto called me personally to check on me, tell me information, and remained consistently worried about me through the entire process. I know she had tons of patients, but she truly made me feel like I was a priority.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I will admit, in the beginning, it was very difficult to get a hold of someone to confirm a new patient appointment for me. However, after I did my initial consultation, the communication was much better. The clinic is so inviting and cozy. You don't feel so much as though you are at a hospital. The waiting room kind of reminds me of my own living room with a big comfy couch and television always on. They even have snacks at the counter for you when you leave! The bathroom and facilities have always been top-notch clean and no complaints from me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.
Unfortunately, being a teacher, nothing is covered under my insurance. Not medicine, not testing, not clinic visits and definitely not consultations. It definitely is a costly thing to go through. Our office visits range from from 175-300. Our medications cost around 1,200. Our IUI's range from 2,000 to 3,000 depending on the management cycle suggested.
Describe Candice O'Hern Perfetto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Never once did he [Dr. John Crochet] make me feel like a number. He is very personable and he makes me feel like he is my friend as well as my doctor. He is funny when needed and he is serious when needed. He makes me feel more at ease about this entire journey I'm going through... I did my first IUI right away, and did get pregnant. Unfortunately, it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy, and I had to have emergency surgery and get my right tube removed. Dr. Crochet performed my surgery and it went great. I just went to my post op appointment and even after being through something so traumatizing, Dr. Crochet STILL made me feel hopeful. I think that's pretty amazing and I'm lucky to have a doctor who cares so much.
All of the staff [at CORM] is really great. I suffer from anxiety, so I call up there a lot. They never make me feel silly for calling and having a lot of questions. You can tell they really enjoy what they're doing...My IUI was about $1,500 not including medications. The next round will be more expensive because we plan on adding Gonal F...This clinic is the best. I truly feel privileged I get to go there. Everyone is so nice and caring. I never feel like just a number. They remember my name and specific things from previous appointments. They are always steps ahead of me. I really can't say enough good things about this clinic.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
During my consultation, I told him everything. He felt for me and was passionate, while still remaining positive and confident. He has made me believe I WILL have a baby. He is the first person who ever gave me actual, real hope. I did my first IUI right away, and did get pregnant. Unfortunately, it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy, and I had to have emergency surgery and get my right tube removed. Dr. Crochet performed my surgery and it went great. I just went to my post op appointment and even after being through something so traumatizing, Dr. Crochet STILL made me feel hopeful. I think that's pretty amazing and I'm lucky to have a doctor who cares so much.
I would tell someone else to just trust him and know he has your best interests at heart.
Not only is the entire staff at CORM great, but Dr. Crochet is as well. Never once did he make me feel like a number. He is very personable and he makes me feel like he is my friend as well as my doctor. He is funny when needed and he is serious when needed. He makes me feel more at ease about this entire journey I'm going through.
During my first consultation, I told Dr. Crochet I was just finished taken Clomid prescribed by my OB. He did an ultrasound and discovered it was actually perfect timing for an IUI two days later, so we got to get started right away! Before I found out if I was pregnant or not, he found out from my bloodwork that I have very mild PCOS. He decided the next IUI cycle he would switch me to Letrozole and we would also go Gonal F injections to raise my chances. I did end up pregnant, but unfortunately it was ectopic. At first I was doing Methotrexate, and my bloodwork had indicated the treatment was working. Unfortunately, it ruptured and I had to have emergency surgery. Dr. Crochet is still confident we can conceive through IUI, and we plan to try again in July.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa )
All of the staff is really great. I suffer from anxiety, so I call up there a lot. They never make me feel silly for calling and having a lot of questions. You can tell they really enjoy what they're doing.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
we are using a HCG trigger shot to assist in the quality of my eggs as well as a Lupron antagonist protocol [with Dr. Candice O'Hern Perfetto] because there may be some underlying endometriosis/inflammation that we aren't aware of...makes you feel like you are part of a family and your care is important to her to the extent she will do everything she can based on the knowledge she has to help you achieve your potential. She even remembered or Skype conversation from a month previous when we met her in the office. I can't say I've had to many Dr.s do that especially in the fertility community.
Overall this clinic [CORM] has way more strengths than weaknesses and I would recommend it to anyone looking for compassionate and knowledgable fertility information and treatment...It seems as though there is a separate on call nurse or nurse that returns messages left vs. the Dr.s primary nurse. I believe there is going to be some turnover with the primary nurse so I can't say yet how this will affect my interactions with the clinic...
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
As a woman it is important to feel as though you are being treated the way a Dr. would treat their best friend or family member. Did you do your research? Did you explore all options and tests? Did you look at things that are new and maybe controversial at this time? I asked Dr. Perfetto if I was her best friend, sister, or daughter what would she recommend me do. Without hesitation I was given an answer and an explanation as to why. It's important that your Dr. doesn't always feel like they have every answer. It keeps them seeking new information and treatments in the area of their expertise. I explained my situation with my previous RE and how after failed IVF I was given the same protocol with no changes and no explanations. Dr. Perfetto immediately told me of research that had suggested that the protocol I had been on may not have been the best choice and explained why.
Be open, honest, and thorough in your history. That would be my recommendation for anyone doing IVF. Somethings you may not want to discuss or feel embarrassed about but with infertility you quickly lose your modesty and if the Dr. can have a full picture from the beginning they will be more equipped to help you achieve your goals/dreams.
Dr. Perfetto from the moment we first spoke with her made us feel like we were important and more than a number. It is important to us to be treated for our infertility and not just be treated for IVF. What I mean by that is whatever we can do to improve our fertility or find out why we are struggling it important to start there and not just do rounds of IVF with no answers and the same protocols. Dr. Perfetto makes you feel like you are part of a family and your care is important to her to the extent she will do everything she can based on the knowledge she has to help you achieve your potential. She even remembered or Skype conversation from a month previous when we met her in the office. I can't say I've had to many Dr.s do that especially in the fertility community.
Describe the protocols Candice O'Hern Perfetto used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I am starting my first treatment with Dr. Perfetto so I can't say quite yet how the outcome will be, however, I can say that we are using a HCG trigger shot to assist in the quality of my eggs as well as a Lupron antagonist protocol because there may be some underlying endometriosis/inflammation that we aren't aware of.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The strengths of this clinic are that the Dr. always preforms their own transfers, The billing is as simplified as you can get it so there are no hidden fees or potential for cancelled cycles due to unknown balances due, they are very open to questions and suggestions about your cycle and why or why not something might work for you. The weaknesses are nursing turnover. I don't think this happens a lot at this clinic but when it does happen there is always a transition period that is a little chaotic. Also, though very nice and helpful, being out of state I had to fax and upload all of my previous medical information for both my spouse and I. When I showed up for my in office appointment the intake girl had not forwarded any of my files or information to Dr. Perfetto. This is especially frustrating because she wasn't able to look at any of my previous cycle information prior to my visit. Which I specifically said if there was anything additional she needed to please let me know so I could make sure I provided it. I will say though that during the time we spoke with billing and her personal nurse she requested that information and reviewed it and came back with details on what protocol she recommended, why we were going to do things a little differently, etc. Rather than looking at it after we left (since I won't start my cycle for a another month or so) she immediately was on a plan for us. Overall this clinic has way more strengths than weaknesses and I would recommend it to anyone looking for compassionate and knowledgable fertility information and treatment.
The billing is simplified into charges for retrieval, transfer, PGS/PGD, etc. So it is not small amounts for individual procedures such as ultrasound, lab, nursing hours, etc. It makes it simple to pay for and there are no hidden fees that could potentially cancel a cycle for mishaps in the billing department. Some of the fees are high such as sperm cryopreservation and storage compared to other clinics I've seen or heard of but overall I think it's comparable.
I have no comments on eSET as I always do what my Dr. recommends. I did have a previous Dr. suggest transferring 3 embryos but if they all took we would have to make a selective deduction choice and so we declined to have three transferred. I understand both rationales for single vs multiple so unless there would be selective reduction I typically am fine with my Dr.s recommendation.

Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. Schnell] has been very thorough with our testing and trying to rule out things before we start a new cycle. When we had bad news earlier in the day from the embryologist she personally called me to check and see how I was doing. She has been kind and encouraging in our short time with her. I truly believe she cares about and invests in her patients.... She did a very extensive blood screening, we each had genetic testing done, she recommended us to get our embryos tested
I think the clinic [CORM] is in a great location, has some really awesome doctors, nurses, and staff. We haven’t been there long but I like the atmosphere when I am there....I also love that they have a social media and share a lot of helpful information and success stories!... I have been in for a lot of blood work and had a few different nurses but all have been very friendly and helpful when it comes to questions!
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
We have only been with her since January, we wanted a second opinion and she had a lot of recommendations from friends and family. She has been very thorough with our testing and trying to rule out things before we start a new cycle. When we had bad news earlier in the day from the embryologist she personally called me to check and see how I was doing. She has been kind and encouraging in our short time with her. I truly believe she cares about and invests in her patients.
She is very to the point but you can tell she cares!
A family member told her our story and she called us to set up an appointment. She gave me her cell phone number and told me to call or text her anytime.
She did a very extensive blood screening, we each had genetic testing done, she recommended us to get our embryos tested since we had 3 already fail, she did a mock cycle where we had a hysteroscopy and an ERA biopsy. We are currently waiting on those results to see our next steps.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I think the clinic is in a great location, has some really awesome doctors, nurses, and staff. We haven’t been there long but I like the atmosphere when I am there. I have several friends who have had success stories with different doctors at this location and I am looking forward to ours! I also love that they have a social media and share a lot of helpful information and success stories! Although we haven’t been there long I would recommend them to those starting their journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our insurance doesn’t cover very much and we have a high deductible. Our mock cycle was about $1800 with medicine and the procedure I believe. Our genetic testing was about $800, embryo testing about $2200, and random blood work.
We have not got this far in our conversations!

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The front desk staff [at CORM-Webster] are very polite and always greet you when you walk in. Check is very smooth and when you've had a sensitive appointment they'll actually sit there and comfort you. I broke down a couple of times and none of them were awkward or dismissive. The only weakness that I've experienced is that one of the financial assistants is very rude and cold.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I was referred to Dr. Crochet in January of 2018 because my gyno diagnosed my fibroid and she felt he was more advanced to perform the surgery via the Da Vinci robot. From the first consultation with him to surgery day I always felt comfortable, he explained exactly what he was going to do. After recovering from surgery for about 6 months my husband and I both went back to Dr. Crochet to continue our path to becoming parents. Soon after it was discovered that my husband had very low numbers and Dr. Crochet put him on Clomid for 3 months. In January of 2019 we went back to test his numbers and they had significantly improved and we got the go ahead for our first IUI. We did our first IUI on March 16, 2019 and on March 29, 2019 it was confirmed that the treatment had failed.
Be patient and open minded.
I definitely felt like a human. Every consultation is personal, there's never any rushing or not listening. Dr. Crochet and his nurse are both very truthful and blunt while still being very compassionate.
Our treatment for IUI was 5 days of Letrozole, 2 rounds of Menopur and 1 round of Novarel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I met Melissa when I went to sign our contract and pay the fees. I had spoken to her several times on the phone but to see her in person was such a relief, in a sense comforting. She is so nice and empathetic to the situation. If I had any questions I would leave a voicemail and it never took her more that an hour or two to call me back. She's always reachable and personable.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The front desk staff are very polite and always greet you when you walk in. Check is very smooth and when you've had a sensitive appointment they'll actually sit there and comfort you. I broke down a couple of times and none of them were awkward or dismissive. The only weakness that I've experienced is that one of the financial assistants is very rude and cold.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Every copay is $50, surgery costs for Dr. Crochet were covered at a 100% by my insurance. The IUI procedure was about $1700 and medications all together cost around $500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
Before surgery I had to get clearance from my primary care doctor, she in turn suggested I get my overall clearance from my cardiologist. A couple weeks before surgery I dropped off my patient summary and clearance from my cardiologist and when I went in for my consult Dr. Crochet had never received my paperwork and the front desk staff couldn't find it anywhere.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr K [Kathiresan] was incredible! Infertility is such a miserable thing, but her compassion and patience made it a pleasant experience. I always looked forward to seeing her, as I always left feeling reassured and hopeful. She was always willing to answer questions, no matter how neurotic I got. She, more than any doctor I’ve known, looked so genuinely excited for us when we finally got our positive. I wouldn’t wish infertility on anyone, but if you have it- Dr K is the best choice you can make.
I liked it [CORM]. Scheduling was easy, everyone was nice. Lots of locations to choose from. We had to go down to Clear Lake for testing/procedures on the weekend, but it was worth the trip. The Memorial location was my favorite - I rarely had to wait for than a few minutes to be seen.... Ashley was incredible. She was so helpful and was such a sweetheart when she called to give me news, good or bad. She was attentive and was on top of everything throughout each cycle.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr K was incredible! Infertility is such a miserable thing, but her compassion and patience made it a pleasant experience. I always looked forward to seeing her, as I always left feeling reassured and hopeful. She was always willing to answer questions, no matter how neurotic I got. She, more than any doctor I’ve known, looked so genuinely excited for us when we finally got our positive. I wouldn’t wish infertility on anyone, but if you have it- Dr K is the best choice you can make.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’s super patient with them. She’ll give you realistic expectations and help keep you from getting catastrophizing or getting your hopes up.
We used Letrazole, Gonal F, and Ovridel. Doses were adjusted based on how my body performed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Describe your experience with CORM.
I liked it. Scheduling was easy, everyone was nice. Lots of locations to choose from. We had to go down to Clear Lake for testing/procedures on the weekend, but it was worth the trip. The Memorial location was my favorite - I rarely had to wait for than a few minutes to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
A full IUI cycle was $1675 + meds.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Crochet] is very caring and takes his time with you. He has answered all my questions and explained everything I had a hard time understanding. He is very nice and makes you feel at ease. He is a very busy doctor so the wait is a long one to see him. But he do not rush you at all when he is with you. ... He only does one embryo transfer at a time. That is the new standard the clinic he is associated with has established.
The clinic [CORM] is a private clinic. It feels like a private doctors office more then a hospital. The staff are very kind. They have a large number of patients. The only thing with them is the hours of operation. They close at 4:30 pm so you have to take off of work every time you have to go there. ... The nurse did not get back to me with answers of some question me and my husband had called them with.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He is very caring and takes his time with you. He has answered all my questions and explained everything I had a hard time understanding. He is very nice and makes you feel at ease. He is a very busy doctor so the wait is a long one to see him. But he do not rush you at all when he is with you.
Bring all you questions to him and he will answer all of them during your appointment.
He is very caring and always takes his time with you. He answers all my questions and never makes me feel like he is in a hurry.
My treatment has not started yet. But the rough plan is IVF with hormone medication like Follistim among others. 3-4 weeks for the retrieval process and 2 weeks for the implantation process.
The nurses are nice. However they are very busy there so we really don't see them that often.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is a private clinic. It feels like a private doctors office more then a hospital. The staff are very kind. They have a large number of patients. The only thing with them is the hours of operation. They close at 4:30 pm so you have to take off of work every time you have to go there.
With IVF, genetic testing, medication, etc. the cost will be aound $25,500.00
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
The nurse did not get back to me with answers of some question me and my husband had called them with. They have also forgot to fax test results to another doctor before the appointment. We had to drive there personally to get a printout to take to our appointment.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr Crochet is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. He practices solely from research based techniques combined with the well being of his patients. He has made my treatment seemless and has walked hand in hand with me along the way ... For IUI stimulation my protocol was 10mg of letrozole for 5 days, 150mg menopur for 3 days, then Ovidrel trigger shot topped off with progesterone suppositories. For IVF stimulation I did Gonal-F, Cetrotide, and Novarel trigger, then the incorporation of baby aspirin, estrace, and progesterone suppositories.
The Clear Lake/Webster clinic [CORM] has a great response time to voice messages and/or emails sent. ... The Finance group is open to answering any questions and periodically offers suggestions for financing and things of that nature. The contracts are straight forward and easy to understand. I can’t think of anything that I would consider a weakness. ...The wait time is better than any other doctors office I’ve ever visited in that your appointments are handled promptly. The front desk ladies are always in the best mood and very helpful.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr Crochet is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. He practices solely from research based techniques combined with the well being of his patients. He has made my treatment seemless and has walked hand in hand with me along the way. Awesome doctor!
The one piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is to ask a lot of questions and make sure that you understand the process.
Dr Crochet and his staff are very personable and attentive to their patients. There have been times when I have had questions and Dr Crochet has called me from his cell during his commute from one clinic to the next. Speaks volumes!
The nursing staff is the best! They remember you by name so you don’t feel like a number at a “baby making factory”, are knowledgeable, soft spoken, give hugs, and truly empathize with the patients.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The Clear Lake/Webster clinic has a great response time to voice messages and/or emails sent. The wait time is better than any other doctors office I’ve ever visited in that your appointments are handled promptly. The front desk ladies are always in the best mood and very helpful. The Finance group is open to answering any questions and periodically offers suggestions for financing and things of that nature. The contracts are straight forward and easy to understand. I can’t think of anything that I would consider a weakness.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
The pricing of IUI procedures is reasonable in correlation to other clinics on the area at about $3000 plus the cost of medicines. The IVF contract is about $10,000 and about $4000 for FET plus the cost of medicines.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle...shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile...I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea.
The financial counselor [at CORM] gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication...The clinic is very private and the ambiance is very warm and inviting. They have on site lab, ultrasound machines, HSG testing and more. It helps when it’s a one stop clinic because you don’t have to travel to so many places. The one thing I would change is parking. It is kind of difficult to enter and exit and you also have to pay to park.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia with atypia and could not proceed. During that crucial and devastating diagnosis, she was very empathetic and I felt she was on my side. She gave me options and didn’t leave me blindsided. After hormone therapy , I returned to her facility for further treatment. I wouldn’t choose anyone else for my care.
Dr. Perfetto’s shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile.
I felt like a human because she understood my struggles with PCOS and didn’t automatically weight shame me. She explains everything in terms I understand. Most important, when I was at my lowest point and received an unexpected diagnosis, she was empathetic and even called me to check and see if I was okay. I will always remember that.
I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea. After my cycle, I went in for an ultrasound to check my uterine lining, I was then prescribed Letrozole to induce ovulation. During this process, we did have to up the dose and it worked. When I had an ultrasound with a follicle, I was instructed to trigger shot. I was given a calendar with instructions of every step of the way. After trigger, we timed intercourse based on instructions. We then waited two weeks for blood work which resulted in a negative pregnancy. During the two week wait, I was prescribed progesterone suppositories to help prevent miscarriage. After the negative test, I was instructed to discontinue progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
I remember a group of people caring for me. They were always ready to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The financial counselor gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication. This current time, the counselor provided an updated contract with updated pricing and we were once again told up front what was not included in the contract. Since my insurance doesn’t cover fertility, all my charges must be paid upfront with the contract. This is probably the most difficult part of this process. The contracts cost thousands of dollars upfront and it is heart wrenching when the funds are not available or limited.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The clinic [CORM] was small and intimate. I felt like we were seen and each of the staff knew us and our history each time we visited. On the weekends, the staff rotate at the surgical center so we would often see a familiar face if an appointment landed on the weekend. Even the administrative/insurance department recalled our files and were so helpful getting any issues resolved with my insurance company and explained everything thoroughly.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
I did extensive research on the infertility clinics in Houston before I visited anyone. CORM and Dr. Kathiresan was on the top of my list as not only was her background impressive, but so were her colleagues and I knew in the field that your care may be in the hands of one of the other doctors if your appointment landed on a weekend. We ended up consulting a different infertility clinic at the recommendation of our OB. While that clinic was professional, my husband and I felt uneasy about the volume of patients each time we visited where we felt like just a number. I went with my gut and sought a second consultation with Dr. Kathiresan at CORM. Everyone at CORM was warm and the office had an intimate setting. Education is also important to me and Dr. Kathiresan was very informative and made sure we knew our options at each step of the way. With infertility being such a personal and possibly painful topic, you want your care to be at a place that sees you are more than just business. She rooted for us and considered our embryos as precious as we did. It was clear that she cared not only for a successful pregnancy but that we were comfortable, meaning nothing was ever rushed or pressured.
Research the entire clinic, not just the primary doctor for your care, including their lab if they have one. Make sure you're absolutely comfortable with your doctor and nurses where you can bring up any issues or questions. See multiple doctors until you find the one you're comfortable with.
The clinic was small and intimate. I felt like we were seen and each of the staff knew us and our history each time we visited. On the weekends, the staff rotate at the surgical center so we would often see a familiar face if an appointment landed on the weekend. Even the administrative/insurance department recalled our files and were so helpful getting any issues resolved with my insurance company and explained everything thoroughly.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Only a handful of doctors meant that I could research all of them and felt comfortable with all of them. Their rotating staff on the weekends meant that if I had a weekend appointment, I usually saw a familiar face at the surgical center. They also have their own storage facility and lab for the embryos. Their surgical center is located in Clear Lake with plenty of parking.
+ Read more- Read less

I saw 4-5 specialists in Houston before seeing her [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] and we love her her!... we are ready to start letrazole with an IUI per her recommendation, as well as a low dose steroid for my case...She’s personable and super nice. Very knowledgeable...relatable...really loves what she does. She has an Instagram that really raises awareness about infertility and she’s always so honest and nice. You can see how much she cares about her patients and about what she does
I’ve had minimal contact with the nursing staff [at CORM] but from the contact I did have they were very nice and helpful...For every cycle of IUI it will cost us 2,700-3000$ approximately...The cost for IVF there was 14,500$ without the meds...This clinic is by far the best one I have been to in Houston. They are quick to answer, work with your schedule, and they are nice and compassionate. They respect your time as well. I don’t really have any other comments as of right now. My only thing would be to definitely ask about the pricing up front which they are really good at
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She’s personable and relatable. She’s knowledgeable and really loves what she does. She has an Instagram that really raises awareness about infertility and she’s always so honest and nice. You can see how much she cares about her patients and about what she does
Go see her! I saw 4-5 specialists in Houston before seeing her and we love her her! Be honest, voice your concerns
She’s personable and super nice. Very knowledgeable
I had tried clomid in the past under the care of another physician and it did not work. She explained why letrazole would be a better fit but since I was not having a period (2 years without a period when I saw her), she recommended we start wth progesterone every month for 10 days and I got a period for the first time in 2 years! I may not be ovulating but I have a period and we are ready to start letrazole with an IUI per her recommendation, as well as a low dose steroid for my case.
I’ve had minimal contact with the nursing staff but from the contact I did have they were very nice and helpful
Describe your experience with CORM.
While the ultrasound and consult were covered by my insurance, none of the actual fertility costs are covered. For every cycle of IUI it will cost us 2,700-3000$ approximately. She did inform us that we could try IUI 3 times before she would recommend doing IVF. The cost for IVF there was 14,500$ without the meds.
I haven’t talked to her in great detail about this yet because we will be trying IUI first. From what I understand, she does single embryo transfers due to risk
+ Read more- Read less

All I was told [by Dr. John Crochet] was that my tubes needed to be completely removed. I had to get an HSG done and then I was diagnosed with Hydrosalphinx in both tubes. In order for me to have children, I would then need to do the process of IVF...I just felt like I wasn’t being taken very seriously. That because of my age, that it shouldn’t be something to worry about at that moment...First it was my uterus shape that would be a problem then it changed to it wouldn’t be but my tubes were going to be a problem. I just wasn’t sure what I was going to be told next.
They [staff at CORM] told me the wrong time when to take the pain medicine for the HSG procedure. I was told one thing then another happened. I felt the entire process and was feeling the medicine later when I didn’t need it anymore. It honestly has traumatized me...Communication is a weakness. They were very nice, very friendly and helpful but after my HSG experience, I’d never go back. I’m glad that when I did have a question when I wasn’t there, I was able to get a hold of the doctor and I received a call back.
European, Other
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He was a good doctor, however, I didn’t feel like I was being taken seriously. All I was told was bad new every time I went in. First it was my uterus shape that would be a problem then it changed to it wouldn’t be but my tubes were going to be a problem. I just wasn’t sure what I was going to be told next.
Do your research, ask questions to get a better understanding.
All I was told was that my tubes needed to be completely removed. I had to get an HSG done and then I was diagnosed with Hydrosalphinx in both tubes. In order for me to have children, I would then need to do the process of IVF.
The most thing that I was upset with, was the timing on when to take the pain medicine for before the HSG. I was told by one nurse to take it when I got there and that after 10-15 minutes when it has kicked in, then they’d be doing the procedure. That is not at all that happened. I took it when I arrived and literally right after, they took me to the back and got me on the table. I felt everything. It was the worst pain I’d ever felt. It wasn’t till 15 minutes after the procedure was done, that the medicine kicked in. Somewhere along the way, their communication was messed up.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
I spent at least $1000 just on 4 visits. But I didn’t have insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
They told me the wrong time when to take the pain medicine for the HSG procedure. I was told one thing then another happened. I felt the entire process and was feeling the medicine later when I didn’t need it anymore. It honestly has traumatized me.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

Candace [O'Hern Perfetto] has great bed side manner, she is nice, approachable, explained things very well to my husband and I and was very gentle. I am excited to continue our journey with her. ... Candice explained both my husband and I's questions in detail, we did the dye test and she explained everything about it, my husband did the sperm test and she explained the results in detail. Our next step is IUI and she explained that in detail and what to do next when we are ready.
The clinic is very nice, modern, has a television, snacks and magazines for the guest. The clinic looks great. It also has feminine products in the bathroom that can used and all of the facility is clean and kept up nicely. Also, very easy to access and get to. ... Nursing staff was energetic, asked me personal questions and showed caring about why I was visiting. I also called to ask more questions about IUI and they explained it very well.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Come into your appointment open and willing to listen. We have unexplained infertility which can be emotional to understand, however Dr. Perfetto kept us at ease and made sure we were OK for next steps.
Candace has great bed side manner, she is nice, approachable, explained things very well to my husband and I and was very gentle. I am excited to continue our journey with her.
We did did the dye test which showed my tubes were just fine. We had already done clomid with my ObGyn and everything was fine and I ovulate. Next step is IUI. All blood work was good as well.
Describe your experience with CORM.
My consult visit was not high from what I remember, I cant remember the cost of the dye test. I do know the IUI will run us about $1675 and medication will be $500-$800. Any help is very appreciated.
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Crochet] was very presentable and conversational. He had great bedside manners and made sure to explain everything. He spoke directly to us and not through us if that makes sense...He was very sweet and detailed. Even though we did not conceive our first attempt he was quick to find a solution for the second round...at first gave me menopur 175 iu, I had to request for four more injections due to eggs not maturing fast enough.
[Costs at CORM were] 3,000 roughly. We had 1,200 for the blood work, and visits. 500 for the iui and the rest was medications...Very clean facility. Very nice staff. The nurses were very seeet. The lab was very sweet as well. The only downfall was the assistant during my procedure for iui presser a little too hard during the ultrasound. Other than that the staff were a delight...Any questions I had I contacted her and even if she didn’t answer immediately she would call me back that day.
Latino, Other
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
As stated before he was very personable and explained everything is great details. The first time we met with him he explained everything we needed to know moving forward. He was very sweet and detailed. Even though we did not conceive our first attempt he was quick to find a solution for the second round. We just didn’t procede since we are paying out of pocket. But we certainly would’ve had him as our doctor again.
Bring a notebook with questions for him. He is great to answer all of them.
He was very presentable and conversational. He had great bedside manners and made sure to explain everything. He spoke directly to us and not through us if that makes sense.
Dr.Crochet used femara 5mg, trigger shot was ovidrel, and he at first gave me menopur 175 iu, I had to request for four more injections due to eggs not maturing fast enough. The menopur was the priciest medications. I was also tested for diabetes and while not diabetic he prescribed me 1,000 mg of metformin xr.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
I wish I remembered he name, but she was as sweet as pie. Any questions I had I contacted her and even if she didn’t answer immediately she would call me back that day. Every visit we saw her and she was so sweet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
3,000 roughly. We had 1,200 for the blood work, and visits. 500 for the iui and the rest was medications. They did send us to a mail in medications, however, since I had to take last minute medications there was one that cost a little over 300 for menopur.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Crochet is very knowledgeable, professional, and transparent. He desired as much success as my husband and I. He was just as saddened by out negative results as we were. Although our outcome was devastating, he was professional throughout the experience.... We used the agonist protocol. We retrieved 10 eggs with our first round that resulted in 5 embryos. We had PGS testing that resulted in one normal embryo. We went directly into an embryo bank cycle with agonist protocol
The nursing staff [CORM] was caring and supportive. They always answered the phone or quickly responded. Even during Hurricane Harvey, when Orange, Texas was isolated from flooding water and the interstate was shutdown, the team was on the phone helping to assist with medication delivery and attempting to help with a plan of action. Many of these nurses lost their own homes and went above and beyond. Dr. Crochet has an amazing and loving team.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Do you research and ask questions. Dr. Crochet is not a mind reader. Infertility treatment can be scary and questions lead to responses you sometimes do not what to hear. Ask the hard questions. He will answer any and all questions but research and ask the right questions. He will be honest and provide an answer.
Dr. Crochet is very personable. He is encouraging and takes the time to know his patients. He is kind and understanding.
We used the agonist protocol. We retrieved 10 eggs with our first round that resulted in 5 embryos. We had PGS testing that resulted in one normal embryo. We went directly into an embryo bank cycle with agonist protocol, although in hindsight this was a bad choice because we had just lost our home due to Hurricane Harvey, and the additional stress resulted in 3 eggs retrieved with no viable embryos. We transplanted the one normal embryo that resulted in a negative pregnancy.
The nursing staff was caring and supportive. They always answered the phone or quickly responded. Even during Hurricane Harvey, when Orange, Texas was isolated from flooding water and the interstate was shutdown, the team was on the phone helping to assist with medication delivery and attempting to help with a plan of action. Many of these nurses lost their own homes and went above and beyond. Dr. Crochet has an amazing and loving team.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The nursing staff is always supportive and helps with assistance. The financial department was confusing and hard to contact , , ,however if you asked Dr. Crochet to assist you, he immediately directed them to address the issue.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Monitoring appointments were quick and adjusted to fit my busy work schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Costs where listed directly after a free consultation. The financial secretary was hard to make an appointment with. She was very busy. I didn't take it as personal.
We had only one viable embryo to transfer so we are unable to give feedback to this question.

Anovulation, Unexplained
Dr. Perfetto is honest & upfront, but kind and emphatetic. I always felt like I knew the plan and rationale. When things didn’t go as planned, she helped my understand why and how we should best change the course of treatment.... Not much time is scheduled directly with Dr. Perfetto during the monitoring phase of your cycle. If you feel like you need extra time with her, just ask.... She always acts like I am her only patient - no amount of questioning seems like too much.
This clinic [CORM Houston] is located on the outskirts of the Texas Medical Center. It is a quiet practice, never too busy. A major con is that you have to pay for parking - it adds up quickly with the frequent visits required for monitoring....Monitoring appointments were always very easy & convenient. I was able to go in at 7:30am before work. They would draw my blood & then complete ultrasound. In and out in less than 20 minutes usually.
Anovulation, Unexplained
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Ask every question you have. She will answer honestly & has certainly heard it before. Not much time is scheduled directly with Dr. Perfetto during the monitoring phase of your cycle. If you feel like you need extra time with her, just ask.
She always acts like I am her only patient - no amount of questioning seems like too much. She provided statistics & evidence to establish her plan of care, but within the framework of my personal dynamic. She took time away from her family vacation to address concerns when my cycle was not going as planned.
IUI converted to IVF secondary to overproduction of follicles.
The nurses communicated well & were always very timely when responding to my (frequent) questions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
This clinic is located on the outskirts of the Texas Medical Center. It is a quiet practice, never too busy. A major con is that you have to pay for parking - it adds up quickly with the frequent visits required for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
$6700 for egg retrieval & 1 transfer (though, considered a ”min stim” cycle).
Dr. Perfetto’a goal is healthy mama and baby - single embryo transfer recommended.
+ Read more- Read less

I have seen Dr. Prefetto twice and each time she treats my husband and i like we are not just another patient but as if we were a family member or a friends. She is very kind and loving.... Since seeing Dr. Perfetto i have nothing but respect and fully trust her with my treatment. She is amazing. My husband is afraid of needles we needed to do the genetic testing and he was refusing. She tried to look into other options to get the test done
The entire new patient process was super easy. Everyone one i spoken with was super helpful. I would not say the clinic [CORM] has any weakness, but their straighten would be that you feel welcomed. I felt like the entire staff knew what they were doing, and Dr. Perfetto answered all of my question. The team is good at returning phone calls.... The nurse staff was wonderful and caring as well. They are very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Since seeing Dr. Perfetto i have nothing but respect and fully trust her with my treatment. She is amazing. My husband is afraid of needles we needed to do the genetic testing and he was refusing. She tried to look into other options to get the test done. Eventually she was able to get him to do the lab work and it did not hurt. She is very understanding of the stress and fear with this process. She is easy to talk to and makes this so much easier and less stressful
Out of the past two Fertility Dr. i have seen i feel the most comfortable with Dr. Perfetto. She is very knowledgeable, and will not do anything to affect the chances of her patient conceiving a baby. Like she told me the most important thing is getting your pregnant.
The nurse staff was wonderful and caring as well. They are very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The entire new patient process was super easy. Everyone one i spoken with was super helpful. I would not say the clinic has any weakness, but their straighten would be that you feel welcomed. I felt like the entire staff knew what they were doing, and Dr. Perfetto answered all of my question. The team is good at returning phone calls.
I trust my doctor decision with only transferring one embryo. the risk is much higher with two, and i believe that she will make my dream come true with the one embryo
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Perfetto is very warm and compassionate. She reassures me that my feelings are real and valid. She also reminds me that my newly diagnosed endometriosis causes me more problems than I realize and is honest in her recommendations for fertility treatments because of it. She also did not push me to pursue IVF once I told her we couldnt afford it. ...
There is an office near my work that I initially began at. I started here because of this convenience. However, it doesn't have the same lab abilities ... Also, they do not have the ability to call and speak with a nurse or even email with a question. You can only call the nurse triage line and leave a voice message. ... The nursing staff has been nice, but unorganized. ...
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto has been compassionate, patient and understanding. I initially consulted with her for my unexplained infertility issues and later developed a endometrioma that required surgical removal. She diagnosed me with endometriosis related infertility. Since then, she has been honest about what she believes will work and what will not. She provides solid information to support those beliefs. Her kind, nurturing nature has been what I've needed while constantly getting bad news.
I would say she really seems to care about us a patient. I was referred by a friend as well.
After laparoscopy to remove an endometrioma, I took one cycle of birth control pills. IUI Round 1: I began my first IUI cycle by day 2 blood work and ultrasound. On day 3, I started with five days of letrozole and then three days of Gonal-F injections (100). The letrozole was not supposed to interfere with my endo as much as other meds. I returned to the clinic on day 11 and only had two follicles at ultrasound time so I took another dose of Gonal-F (150) and then ovadril (100) to ovulate. IUI was preformed on day 13. I began progesterone supposotories the day after IUI. On day 20, I retuned to the clinic for progesteone test and continued suppositories until I began my period naturally. That resulted in a negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle 2: I began my second IUI cycle by day 2 blood work and vaginal ultrasound. On day 3, I started with five days of letrozole and then three days of Gonal-F injections (100). The letrozole was not supposed to interfere with my endo as much as other meds. I returned to the clinic on day 13 and only had one follicles at ultrasound time. I had also started to ovulated on my own. IUI was preformed on day 14. I began profesterone supposotories the day after IUI. On day 21, I retuned to the clinic for progesteone test and continued suppositories until I began my period naturally. That resulted in a negative pregnancy test. IUI Cycle 3: I began by day 3 ultrasound and blood work/pregnancy test. I began 5 days of clomid (one tab/50) followed by 3 days of Gonal-F (100). Dr Perfetto decided that clomid might produce more follicles than the previous results from letrozole. She commented that I might have more endo side effects but we felt it was worth it. I am scheduled to return for vaginal ultrasound and lab work on day 11.
The nursing staff has been nice, but unorganized. I'm not sure if Dr. Perfetto has one head nurse because I've seen and spoken with several. I'm not sure what role each nurse plays. One of her nurses has been very short and agitated with me on the phone. The other is incredibly sweet but seems uninformed about some of my issues and provides more administrative type duties.
Describe your experience with CORM.
This is a tough one. There is an office near my work that I initially began at. I started here because of this convenience. However, it doesn't have the same lab abilities and my Dr. is only there once a week so I am constantly referred to the medical center location which is 45 min away. Also, they do not have the ability to call and speak with a nurse or even email with a question. You can only call the nurse triage line and leave a voice message. The previous clinic I went to had both options and made me feel they were much more available. They also aren't open on the weekends except for their Clear Lake location (2 hours from my house) and require (sometimes 7AM) Saturday appointments. The previous clinic I went to was open every single day.
For my endometrioma surgery, my insurance covered a good part and I had a co-insurance. My IUI is covered by my insurance for 6 rounds. I only pay for the medicine out of pocket. The last three cycles have been about $600 for letrozole/clomid, Gonal-F, Ovadril and progesterone suppositories.
+ Read more- Read less

I fee that when I have questions about my treatment and I question why certain meds were used, she gets very defensive and does not give a good explanation why she chose it. I asked if we did IVF with here would she [Dr. Perfetto] implant multiple embryos and she said no she refuses to do it. No explanation of certain medical reasons of why she chooses to not do it. I just feel like it’s an empty clinic with no real answers.
Was prescribed the wrong dose of a medication and I ended up spending more than I had to and wasted the extra medication. ... When walking in the clinic [CORM], no one greets you. ... They tell you your amount when leaving and give you a small receipt but you never are told what you are paying for or an explanation. Don’t expect to see the doctor while going to all of your appointments because most of the time you will just see the nurse.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I fee that when I have questions about my treatment and I question why certain meds were used, she gets very defensive and does not give a good explanation why she chose it. I asked if we did IVF with here would she implant multiple embryos and she said no she refuses to do it. No explanation of certain medical reasons of why she chooses to not do it. I just feel like it’s an empty clinic with no real answers.
Don’t expect to see her a lot and most times the appointments you have with her are not positive. I understand that she has to be realistic about treatments but I feel no compassion when I have appointments with her.
When walking in the clinic, no one greets you. They make you sign in on a computer and wait for them to come and get you.
I was never told why we used certain meds for the for the first IUI that we did. When the first IUI didn’t work she changed meds but didn’t explain why.
Most are really nice but I’ve seen a different nurse each time I’ve went in and they were trying a new girl and she was learning the IUI procedure for my first one a she performed the second one. I would have liked to feel more comfortable and confident with the ones performing the procedure.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Don’t expect to be greeted while coming into the clinic. They tell you your amount when leaving and give you a small receipt but you never are told what you are paying for or an explanation. Don’t expect to see the doctor while going to all of your appointments because most of the time you will just see the nurse. I’ve been to multiple appointments and can’t even tell you the name of one person in the clinic. There are different faces every time.
Not for sure the complete cost of any of the IUI procedure and the cost that I’m paying for. When I recently asked for a print out they did email me a list of what I’ve paid for but some of the payments I’ve made were missing.
She just said she refuses to do multiple transfers

2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Dr. Scnhell is not exactly th most responsive person . Her bedside manners lack any sympothy and I feel like was rushed through every appointment I had . Also I only seen her twice to chat during the whole process from November 2017 till end of March 2018...she is very brash and seems to be uncaring...I can’t atress enough but DR SCHNELL has to be more upfront and involved . She is like this invisible hand moving things so you always have to guess is it her or Rns directions ... just not comforting at all
[CORM] Strength ...they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm .... my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time... . Communication and overall explanation is very poor...They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I think as I mentioned before she is very brash and seems to be uncaring . I only went to see her because of a friend recommendation who got pregnant with her on IUI cycle but misscary later on . I wish she would meet with the patients more often or even check how ones doing . It is a grueling process and it nice to see that someone whom you just paid (not directly ) $$$$$$ would care to ring you and ask how things are going . Instead you play cat and mouse game of calling a triage line and waiting for a nurse to call back . If you have an emergency question like I had you wait for hours for someone to haves mercy and call you back . They always do but a lot of the time I was on the brick of a nervous breakdown or simply annoyed with that practice . As I said I feeel like she should show her face more . Once she saw me getting a blood work done I felt like she almost run away after seeing me . May be it is just her and being awkward with people but I know if I invest all I have financially and emotionally I need to see the same from the Dr as well . Well she ain’t that
Go elsewhere , I am trying Perfetto next and after that a different clinic in different state . Houston doesn’t really have a good fertility clicnic. This is my second one .
Dr. Scnhell is not exactly th most responsive person . Her bedside manners lack any sympothy and I feel like was rushed through every appointment I had . Also I only seen her twice to chat during the whole process from November 2017 till end of March 2018. He whole clinic is run by Rn’s and BCN’s who are nice but don’t have the same knowledge as a Dr would .
She first saw me in November after my failed IUI attempts at another clinic . She set things straight as weather we do more invasive IUI with injection previously only done with clomid or we go for IVF . Since my coverage was starting in January we decided to go agead and wait a few months prepping for the best IVF outcomes . Bunch of tests were ordered some used from the previous clinic like genetic testing. My man and FSH . Firstly in January my FSH was super high and no one wanted to admit but from what I know it is due to overdose of clomid at first clinic . So naturally it went down the next cycle and thank god to wheatgrass shots . So we started our journey - ultrasounds more blood work. Estrogen priming . Baseline showers a giant cyst . Set back . She put me on birhcontrol . Btw when I said she I mean nurses I have not talked to her ever since that November appointment . Cyst was gone the next cylcle and I stared my injections . Gonal-250 am and pm micro HCG pm hen after 7-8 days I think Cetrotite so 4 injections total . Ultrasounds , blood work etc . And a trigger shot which somehow my nurse filled in and out inside the gonal f box and I tossed it as I couldn’t see it . I had paniclalg called the clinic on a day of a trigger to find a replacement . Dr called me after almost 2 hours and couldn’t say much but sorry . Thank god I had an extra ovidrel from my last IUI so I triggered with that
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica matches Dr schnell personality . She sometimes very warm and some days I am scared to ask any questions and some I don’t even get to see her and BCN for Dr Perfetto subs for her . They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any . For example my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strength - overall I fell better there than the previous clinic as you see smiley faces and they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm . Also I can’t atress enough but DR SCHNELL has to be more upfront and involved . She is like this invisible hand moving things so you always have to guess is it her or Rns directions ... just not comforting at all
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Since my insurance paid some amount we are still in the process of submitting and approving claims . So far we have paid 4K but expecting more
I don’t think she ever said anything like that but nurse was saying one at a time
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
My chart wasn’t ready for me . I had a prior months chart to use until a. We one mid cycle was made for me . So I had to guess what to do and what day . My chart was wrong as well . Communication and overall explanation is very poor
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Crochet recommended a HSG to see if there were any blockages since all my bloodwork showed normal...It wasn't a personal conversation. I actually cried during my consultation and he wasn't very comforting... During the hsg, he explained exactly what was going on and made me comfortable. I was able to see the procedure on an xray machine (which was cool). The diagnosis of unexplained infertility was a bit devastating and left me hopeless and I didn't really feel like I had many options.
[CORM- Beaumont was] Clean and well organized. Blood work and ultrasound was taken at clinic...Scheduling was easy and got good reminders. Easy to find location. HSG was very easy and quick. I had to go back to discuss the results which I felt was unnecessary since the HSG was normal...[nurses were] Overall helpful and informative. Not too personal, but friendly...When I went to another doctor, it took several calls to get my information to be sent over.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I was very straight forward that I wanted a consultation for what my first doctor suggested. He gave me a satisfactory recommendation, which was to have a hsg to see the outcome before anything else. During the hsg, he explained exactly what was going on and made me comfortable. I was able to see the procedure on an xray machine (which was cool). The diagnosis of unexplained infertility was a bit devastating and left me hopeless and I didn't really feel like I had many options. I didn't understand if everything was fine then why I couldn't get pregnant. Although I might have expected a lot from Dr. Crochet, he didn't really help me understand how infertility treatments could work with me. A friend actually recommended this clinic, but another doctor.
Have all your history written down because he doesn't ask a lot of questions.
It wasn't a personal conversation. I actually cried during my consultation and he wasn't very comforting. He did help explain why the surgery my first doctor was unnecessary.
Dr. Crochet recommended a HSG to see if there were any blockages since all my bloodwork showed normal. I did no fertility treatments with this clinic.
Overall helpful and informative. Not too personal, but friendly.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Clean and well organized. Blood work and ultrasound was taken at clinic. Clinic is just an hour away from my house. Scheduling was easy and got good reminders. Easy to find location. HSG was very easy and quick. I had to go back to discuss the results which I felt was unnecessary since the HSG was normal.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Office visits, ultrasound and HSG was not covered by insurance.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Crochet is very understanding and kind. He never treats us like a number. He has personally called me hisself a couple of times in this process. He explains things very well to us and genuinely wants great results...We see him every appt that is needed. He is a very genuine doctor and wants great results. We are very happy with him and would recommend him to our own family... could not do the retrieval due to time sensitivity but another great doctor in the clinic does.
The clinic [CORM] is very private with your care. The team gets you back for appt very quickly. Front desk staff is very sweet and helpful. The nurses though are absolutely amazing! They could not be anymore compassionate and understanding. They have gone through some infertility themselves. They always smile and make you feel like family. When we actually become pregnant and graduate I will actually be very sad to leave them but know it will be a great thing.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
My experience with Dr. Crochet is absolutely perfect even with not actually having the results we desire. But he is very informative, makes sure we understand everything, and is very compassionate. He has personally called us twice to discuss things. We see him every appt that is needed. He is a very genuine doctor and wants great results. We are very happy with him and would recommend him to our own family
This is a very hard experience to go through and would advise to just prepare yourself as you would with any doctor. He will make sure your needs are met in a compassionate way.
Dr. Crochet started things off with all necessary lab work and testing needed. Dye tube test, saline ultrasounds, AMH levels. I had already tried clomid with my Gynocologist and due to age we went straight to IUI once we started seeing him. He explained everything and gave us all our options. He was never pushy on anything. We did try injectables with IUI twice with negative results. We decided to go into IVF. We are unexplained infertility and since insurance does not cover any fertility treatments and my age (36 now) we moved straight forward. Did injectables for egg retrieval and we were able to get 13 eggs, 9 fertilized, and 4 made it to day 5. All we froze due to a thin lining. Dr. Crochet could not do the retrieval due to time sensitivity but another great doctor in the clinic does. We have transferred two embryos. First ended with a blighted ovum and had a D&C. Second transfer was negative. We are approaching our final transfer. I have had 3 hysteroscopies. First exploratory but did end up cleaning out a small fibroid, second was for a small fibroid, and last one was a little scar tissue that needed cleaning out prior to transfer. I do have a thin uterine lining and we are currently working on treatment protocol to help before we start treatment to approach our last transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Martin)
FYou are rarely in the waiting room with anyone else. The clinic is very private with your care. The team gets you back for appt very quickly. Front desk staff is very sweet and helpful. The nurses though are absolutely amazing! They could not be anymore compassionate and understanding. They have gone through some infertility themselves. They always smile and make you feel like family. When we actually become pregnant and graduate I will actually be very sad to leave them but know it will be a great thing. They know me by name and always make me feel loved. Very genuine girls who want what’s best for you. Communication with them is easy. They have a direct line for you to leave a message and they respond to calls promptly. Some our on call for any outside hours too. Absolutely Love the staff!
Describe your experience with CORM.
As a new patient you will want to get yourself organized. It’s a long journey and you will definitely need things to be all together. You will see. Just because of fertility management in general. Not because of the clinic. So advice is to get all important numbers and save them for redily use. For instance the nurse line, the finance department, etc. You can always call your nurse and she can direct you. The nurses are very helpful that way and you will have a one on one basis with your nurses. The clinic also has an app and website log in where you will have all your lab work, notes, ultrasounds, messages, etc redily available.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Some labs and testing can be covered by insurance. IVF contract was 13,500 Does not include medication Which ran me about 6,000 total for retrieval and two transfers Contract price does cover your transfers for up to a year
My doctor is for the most part against advising or doing multiple embryo transfer but it all depends on your treatment. He does not say he never will and has done multiple before.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr Crochet has gone above and beyond to make both me and my husband feel completely comfortable and well informed. He has never been one to shy away from tough questions and always presented us with every option possible, in order for us to make the right decisions for our future family....At my first appointment they recommended that i begin prenatal vitamins, vitamin D and CO Q10. I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve so we did a stim cycle using Gonal F
CORM excels at putting the patient first. They are extremely busy but never once did I feel overlooked. Every person in the office who I came In contact with remembered both mine and my husbands names. They are very upfront about cost. Directions and instructions are very clear and they are excellent at returning phone calls....Taylor, and all of the staff at CORM, including the ultrasound techs, med techs, phlebotomists, receptionists, nurses and other physicians have gone above and beyond.
European, East Asian
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
When choosing a doctor, I wanted to make sure that both my husband and I were comfortable with the person who would be going through this process with us. From our very first meeting, Dr Crochet was kind, compassionate, upfront and honest. He is great at explaining everything in detail, listening to our questions and concerns and talking to us like real people. I can not say enough wonderful things about his bedside manner and personality in general. He’s extremely down to Earth and knows when to crack a joke, which we all need now and then because let’s face it... IVF is not an easy process.
Don’t wait! If you’re having infertility issues make an appointment sooner rather than later.
Dr Crochet has gone above and beyond to make both me and my husband feel completely comfortable and well informed. He has never been one to shy away from tough questions and always presented us with every option possible, in order for us to make the right decisions for our future family. He has never made us feel rushed or overlooked and his office staff is absolutely amazing!!
At my first appointment they recommended that i begin prenatal vitamins, vitamin D and CO Q10. I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve so we did a stim cycle using Gonal F in the morning and menopur in the evening. Three days before retrieval we added Cetrotide in the evenings and then a trigger shot before. They were able to retrieve 14 eggs, 12 were mature, 6 made it to day 5 blastocyst. All 6 were sent for PDG. We ended up with 2 genetically normal embryos grade 5AA and 5AB. For transfer they did a “natural fet.” I took letrozole 2.5mg for 6 days and then started taking Menopur Injections until the HCG trigger medication. Post transfer estrace 3 times daily, progesterone suppositories 2 daily, aspirin and 2 mini doses of HCG. Unfortunately, our first transfer was unsuccessful. For the next transfer Dr Crochet said he will be changing all of the medications prior to procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Taylor Garber)
Taylor, and all of the staff at CORM, including the ultrasound techs, med techs, phlebotomists, receptionists, nurses and other physicians have gone above and beyond. They all are so kind and compassionate, have great personalities and are people that you actually want to be around. I have never once felt u comfortable with anyone at CORM
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr Crochet encouraged us to transfer one embryo at a time because 1) we only had two embryos 2) my age 3) in his practice transferring multiple embryos wouldn’t really increase our chances of a positive outcome.

IVF, Surrogacy
She [Dr. Schnell] really cared about our best interest and our specific situation that has led us to IVF ... we have to use a surrogate. ... Every time I walked into her office she knew me by name and knew my medical history by heart without ever having to refer back to my file ... My doctor advised she will only do single embryo transfer. ... She does tend to talk very fast but don’t be afraid to stop her and ask for an explanation or more detail. ...
The clinic [C.O.R.M.] is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. ... They [nurses] were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable ... I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she [nurse] managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
IVF, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She really cared about our best interest and our specific situation that has led us to IVF. My husband and I decline to do genetic testing on ourselves because it was optional. We decided to do genetic testing on our embryos because that is all we really cared about. We even signed our consent forms stating we are refusing genetic testing on ourselves. Dr. Schnell asked us very politely why we refused our genetic testing. She was concerned because I am of Ashkenazi Jewish heritage and we carry specific genetic diseases. She explained further that the genetic testing on the embryos was not as detailed as the genetic testing we get on ourselves. She made us realize that it was in our and our future baby’s best interest to go the extra mile to make sure everything was okay. She really cared about us and our future baby.
She does tend to talk very fast but don’t be afraid to stop her and ask for an explanation or more detail. She will not hesitate to answer any and all questions and will really break everything down for you
We are currently going through IVF with egg freezing because we have to use a surrogate. Our IVF plan is to start me on birth control for about 2 weeks and then start self administered hormone injections. I will do hormone injections for about 2 weeks. Once my eggs are mature they will be removed for fertilization and freezing
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie Plaunty)
She is amazing! She always responds with any questions that day if not within the hour. I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. The office was very clear on treatment costs which was nice because we knew upfront exactly what was expected and there were no surprises on payments. Also there was one visit I had where I was getting a lot of blood drawn because I was getting multiple tests done. They were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable and if I ever felt dizzy they had extra staff on standby to offer cold towels and juice. Something that seemed so small really made me feel comfortable and confident in my choice of a fertility clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Unfortunately by insurance denied by IVF treatment so all costs were out of pocket
My doctor advised she will only do single embryo transfer. This is because there is always a small chance of having twins or triplets or more and for the safety of her patient and future child she does not want to put any of us at an unnecessary risk. Complicates can always arise during pregnancy and increasing the odds of having multiple children at once can increase those risks

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

The team at CORM from Doctors to nurses, to office staff are so warm, welcoming, compassionate and friendly. They take the time to get to know you. Everyone is educated on your case so you do not have to repeat your self ever. They are very educational, want to provide you with all of the facts and stay away from giving you false hope.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet is the absolute best. He made us feel like we were his number 1 priority each and every visit. He never rushed us through our appointments and always provided as much information as possible to help us choose the treatment plan we wanted based on the facts at hand. He never pushed us into making decisions and always provide the most compassion and support through our treatment process.
Dr. Crochet is going to be real with you . He is not going to sugarcoat anything. He will give you all of the facts and help you make an informed decisions off of those facts. He doesn't want to provide you false hope and he will not make you feel stupid for asking questions.
Dr. Crochet took time to explain every treatment plan based on our personal circumstances. He didn't seemed rushed and never made us feel stupid for asking questions. He was also very patient with us when we would cry in his office and showed a lot of compassion. Dr. Crochet was very encouraging and seemed determined to find a treatment plan that would work for us. I also appreciated that he never gave us false hope. He was always VERY real with us. It seems like he always tries to provide as much information as possible and empowers us to choose the best plan for us as a couple. We never felt pressured or like we misunderstood anything.
My husband has a low sperm count, so he placed him on clomid. After several month of trying naturally with the clomid, we moved on to IUI. The first IUI was unsuccessful, we decided to do a double insemination with the second IUI. That IUI took, but we miscarried a 5w4d. So we decided to try again. The 3rd IUI failed, but I did not respond as well to the medications. Dr. Crochet changed my meds, and we gave IUI one more chance. When it failed, we decided to move on to IVF. I am currently under stimulation medication and plan to have my retrieval early next week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Nicole and Taylor)
All of the nurses at CORM have showed compassion. All have been well organized and have taken the time to get to know me as a patient, even by name. If I go in for a blood draw, everyone who walks by and sees me says hi and calls me by my first name. It is always so welcoming.
IUI- $1275 (Single insemination) or &1675 (double insemination) IVF $14,500
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Don’t expect to see her [Dr. Schnell] at every appointment...THE second round included clomid and Gonal f. We also added centrotide on certain days towards the end. It resulted in 5 eggs, 4 viable, 1 fertilized but did not make it to blastocyst stage. The 3rd round included a lengthy time frame of Gonal f and a micro dose Lupron injection. This resulted in 4 eggs in which 1 fertilized and made it to a 5 day blastocyst graded 8AB...she will only transfer one embryo.
I feel that at CORM there are too many patients...I never have had just one nurse that has been assigned to me. There is always a different nurse who calls me and responds to my questions. All are real knowledgeable. They are just unorganized and do not communicate with one another. It has made this process hard on us at times...This experience has been hectic. No one ever seems to know what is going on with my case and I have to explain it to almost every nurse that calls me back.
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Schnell is great. I love her as my doctor. As I mentioned before, she is too busy and we hardly were ever able to see her in person. We were always passed on to her other colleagues. When we have visited with her, she always tries to come up with different protocols that could work for my body and our needs.
Don’t expect to see her at every appointment.
I feel that at CORM there are too many patients and Schnell is just too busy to handle each patient. We are then passed on to her colleagues for procedures or treatments. I love her. I think she is great. I’d just like to see her more.
The first round included Gonal f and Cetrotide. That round failed and resulted in a IUI. THE second round included clomid and Gonal f. We also added centrotide on certain days towards the end. It resulted in 5 eggs, 4 viable, 1 fertilized but did not make it to blastocyst stage. The 3rd round included a lengthy time frame of Gonal f and a micro dose Lupron injection. This resulted in 4 eggs in which 1 fertilized and made it to a 5 day blastocyst graded 8AB.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Some of the receptionists are a little bit rude and have lost their patience with my husband. One of the newer clinics is highly u organized and the nurses and staff there do not seem to get along much.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Most was covered under our insurance. However, medications and injections have no been cheap.
I understand why she will only transfer one embryo.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Kathiresan] was very nice and knowledgeable but very conservative with treatment. She wasn’t willing to do any immune treatment or prophylactic treatments. She was also Willing to follow what we wanted as far as timed intercourse vs IUI etc.... 1st timed intercourse cycle- Large cyst at baseline but continued. Only one egg on 7.5 mg letrozole. Trigger on day 16. 0 beta. 2nd timed intercourse cycle- clean baseline. 7.5 femara followed by 4 days of 75iu gonal F. Only 2 eggs that were barely mature at CD 13.
The clinics financial department was a nightmare from start to finish. They [CORM] told me things weren’t covered when I knew for a fact they were. They tried to make me do a $1100 package for my third timed cycle but the protocol was the same as my second and I only needed 2 ultrasounds and lab work. The package was for 4 monitoring sessions. If I had paid separately for each aspect of my cycle it was going to be much much cheaper.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
She was very nice and knowledgeable but very conservative with treatment. She wasn’t willing to do any immune treatment or prophylactic treatments. She was also Willing to follow what we wanted as far as timed intercourse vs IUI etc.
If you have a complex case she perhaps may not be the best fit since I don’t find she thinks outside the box.
1st timed intercourse cycle- Large cyst at baseline but continued. Only one egg on 7.5 mg letrozole. Trigger on day 16. 0 beta. 2nd timed intercourse cycle- clean baseline. 7.5 femara followed by 4 days of 75iu gonal F. Only 2 eggs that were barely mature at CD 13. Trigger that day. Tested out trigger at home and after 3 days of negatives I had 3 days of positives but the nurses said no betas until 14 dpo. By that point tests were lightening again. Beta of ~3. No follow up to see if it was rising or falling. Just told to stop progesterone.
We’re always sweet but sometimes didn’t know what was going on
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinics financial department was a nightmare from start to finish. They told me things weren’t covered when I knew for a fact they were. They tried to make me do a $1100 package for my third timed cycle but the protocol was the same as my second and I only needed 2 ultrasounds and lab work. The package was for 4 monitoring sessions. If I had paid separately for each aspect of my cycle it was going to be much much cheaper. They had also said the cost for a cycle capped out at the $1100 so If I ended up needed the full package i didn’t pay more. It seems like I always got a different answer depending on who I spoke to. I got the impression that things were done a certain way and that was not open for change on a case by case basis. I feel like the management prioritises profits over patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
1100 for a basic timed intercourse cycle 1900 for an IUI 13,900 for ivf before any transfers
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
When requested and paid for my full record was not provided to me. It was missing the surgical report from my hysteroscopy. And my other office visits besides my initial consult.
+ Read more- Read less
She [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] Takes the time to get to know you and treats you like a friend... always had a smile on her face and treated my husband and I so well. Always making you feel like she had all the time in the world to spend on your case. She took the time to explain everything and made sure we both understood. While under her care, I had to have surgery, she told me exactly what would happen and what to expect and made me feel very comfortable.
The nursing staff [at CORM] was always wonderful. They answered every question, were comforting, made you feel at ease, and got back to me in a timely mannner if I called...Every person I encountered at CORM treated me so well. I never had a bad experience. They treat you like a person not another patient. Everything was done fast, which I loved. Some places take forever for results. Also at CORM I always had my info and knew what was going on. They have the patient portal which I thought was a lot of help!
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto always had a smile on her face and treated my husband and I so well. Always making you feel like she had all the time in the world to spend on your case. She took the time to explain everything and made sure we both understood. While under her care, I had to have surgery, she told me exactly what would happen and what to expect and made me feel very comfortable.
Ask as many questions as possible and listen and do exactly what she tells you.
She Takes the time to get to know you and treats you like a friend.
I have PCOS so our first try at fertility help was me taking a pill to induce ovulation. I can’t remember the name of the pill. If that didn’t work we were planning to do an IUI. I started taking the pill and got pregnant very quick, unfortunately I miscarried at about 7 weeks. I had no clue I was pregnant and when Dr. Perfetto told me I was shocked. She was wonderful through the whole process. Talked me through everything that was happening.
The nursing staff was always wonderful. They answered every question, were comforting, made you feel at ease, and got back to me in a timely mannner if I called.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I think there was an initial appointment and work up fee, maybe $550, but I could be off. After that if I saw Dr. Perfetto I had to pay the specialist doctor co-pay from my insurance which was $75, but if I just had an ultrasound or saw a nurse it was a regular co-pay of $40.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
It is very obvious she [Dr. Schnell] has an extensive amount of experience helping people achieve their reproductive goals. She is attentive and very honest... I am very comfortable speaking with her about anything I am experiencing and she never brushes off my concerns. I am always given her undivided attention and my appointment is never rushed...After my first appointment Dr. Schnell noticed that I had Uterine Fibroids and recommended I have the 5 uterine fibroids removed via laparoscopic myomectomy. During surgery she also completed a hysteroscopy.
The nurses [at CORM] were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor... The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number...If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is very kind and understanding. It is very obvious she has an extensive amount of experience helping people achieve their reproductive goals. She is attentive and very honest. I really appreciate her. I am very comfortable speaking with her about anything I am experiencing and she never brushes off my concerns. I am always given her undivided attention and my appointment is never rushed.
Prospective patients should listen to her advice and guidance. Feel free to trust her because she will do what is in your best interest.
Moment I walked in the office I was greeted and asked to sign in. Once I signed in I was called by name and spoke with at least 3 people during my visit. They were all personable, attentive and kind. They ensured they knew my previous information before speaking with me so we didn't have to waste time explaining anything. I feel very comfortable here. I am mostly appreciative that I am heard and Dr. Schnell, along with the nurses and all office workers, show empathy.
I am in the early stages. After my first appointment Dr. Schnell noticed that I had Uterine Fibroids and recommended I have the 5 uterine fibroids removed via laparoscopic myomectomy. During surgery she also completed a hysteroscopy. While in surgery she noticed that my fallopian tubes were fused together. She was able to open them. Unfortunately, I am left with scarred tubes making it hard for an egg to maneuver its way to my uterus. The only option now is IVF. This is the only way for me to conceive. The first step was for me attending an IVF seminar. Dr. Schnell is now waiting for me to get started with treatments. My only hold up is accessing the funds to begin the next steps. While we wait she gave me a calendar to mark ovulation. I take my body temperature the same time every month and I chart the start and end of my cycle. I must continue to do this until it I am prepared to begin the IVF process.
The nurses were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The Center of Reproductive Medicine is located in an office building in the outer parts of the medical center in Houston, Texas. The clinic is very nice and clean. The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number. If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am. You give a urine sample first, get bloodwork drawn (a full panel). Another nurse comes in and asks about any and all medical history that you may have, your partner, your parents and siblings. The third nurse prepares all of your information for the doctor. Once the doctor comes in she evaluates and gathers more information from you to come up with a plan of action. The doctor then has another nurse with her to complete a full evaluation and an ultrasound to see what is going on. . It is very comfortable, quiet and relaxing. Also, Snacks and water are given upon request. The only downside is the fee for parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Bloodwork- depends on panel office visit- normal insurance copy Laparoscopic Myomectomy Dr Fee after insurance-$850.00 Hospital Fee- $1800.00 Post-Op Visits- $300.00
During the IVF Seminar I was made aware that the clinic only does single embryo transfer.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I like that dr. Crochet handles delicate issues like weight compassionately. He was very kind in telling me it would be helpful to lose weight, he didn't make me feel 2 inches tall for being overweight. We may not leave happy each and every time we see him but we always leave armed with more knowledge and what we need to do for the next visit or treatment... hes a great doctor, it may take a week or two to get in to see him but take that as a good sign.
The only thing I dislike is the new system they've [C.O.R.M-Clear Lake] implemented. You call and are connected to a call center who then has to transfer you to the clinic after you've explained why you called. It would be much easier to call the clinic directly to get my questions answered.... I've encountered several of the nurses and every single one has been incredibly sweet and kind. They are all so friendly.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
hes a great doctor, it may take a week or two to get in to see him but take that as a good sign. He's a great doctor.
The first time I contacted dr crochet's office I was in tears, I had just been told that my second pregnancy was going to miscarry. I called his office and they actually worked me in that day. This is a very busy office that takes a couple weeks to get in yet he worked me in that day. Unfortunately there was nothing he could do to save our pregnancy but I felt that he understood our desperation and had us come in rather than treating us like a number.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The only thing I dislike is the new system they've implemented. You call and are connected to a call center who then has to transfer you to the clinic after you've explained why you called. It would be much easier to call the clinic directly to get my questions answered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
I recently had an ivf and because of my weight there was a chance I would have to have the egg retrieval elsewhere so they had me sign the contract for an outside clinic. I ended up not needing to do that but because I had signed the contract for an outside clinic they sent me a text message telling me I owed an extra 150 bucks. I called and thought we had it all straighted out, I was told I didn't owe the money yet 2 months later I got another bill and was told I did indeed owe the money. That the 150 was for the egg retrieval at the clinic.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

She [Dr Vicki Schnell] overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing on sperm. She also had no knowledge about certain protocols potentially helping and went to look them up in the middle of our meeting...the same protocol I had success with at another clinic later. It also turns
The clinic [CORM in Webster] is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff...She [Dr. Vicki Schnell] overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing o
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is knowledgeable about her field and overall supportive, and I know that she has helped a lot of people, including others I know, especially younger friends. She always took time to answer all of our questions and was overall timely. However, she was somewhat disorganized. She would sometimes go over blood work and sometimes not. At times, I had to ask her to review it with us. Once she had blood work results back for two weeks and saw that she wanted to add a medication once she reviewed them but it was two weeks after the results were available on our portal. She overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing on sperm. She also had no knowledge about certain protocols potentially helping and went to look them up in the middle of our meeting...the same protocol I had success with at another clinic later. It also turns out that the other clinic found that we had a significant sperm issue as well. When I asked how she felt about us getting a second opinion, she stated that she preferred we do so within her practice.
Do your research on IVF and other treatments so you can ask informed questions throughout the process.
The overall staff at CORM are warm and friendly, and Dr. Schnell is for the most part, too. However, when it came to presenting results of our genetic testing, she told us about our multiple embryo abnormalities of our genetically tested blast with a very cheery tone over the phone after leaving a cheery voicemail that they were in, which was not supportive and quite upsetting for us.
We did IVF, priming with birth control, and we used micro dose Ovidrel, Ganirelix, Follistim, and a trigger shot. We had far fewer eggs retrieved than anticipated and only had one abnormal blast. The rest of the embryos arrested after day three (after looking great on day three).
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
My primary nurse was really compassionate but often anxious, which added to the stress of the cycle.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Monitoring appointment were efficiently run.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our insurance had a contract with them which was wonderful. We had only a few thousand in out of pocket costs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
One nurse told me wrong dosing on a medication and sometimes they had information that conflicted with what the doctor said, which resulted in confusion and stress.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr.Kathiresan was very gentle and explained all of my options and was my pushy about which options to do. It was our choice of what we are comfortable with. Dr. Kathiresan did give us her professional advice of what would be best for us in our IVF journey.... Felt like a human she answered all my questions was not pushy understood how I felt about my previous treatment with IVF.
The clinic [CORM] is very quiet, clean, organized and the privacy is a big plus. The communication is also a big plus. If you have other paper work from another clinic the transfer is very smooth transfer. The nursing staff, financial department and other staffs are very professional.... The Egg donor or egg retrieval and any other testing that will be needing cost roughly around 23,200
IVF, Donor Eggs
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan is a heartwarming, passionate, honest, great dr. that takes her time in explaining your personal plan of successfully conceiving a baby.
At this time we just did consultation and lab work, and ultrasound
They were all welcoming and polite and answered all my questions and if they did not have an answer by the end of my visit my questions were answered.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is very quiet, clean, organized and the privacy is a big plus. The communication is also a big plus. If you have other paper work from another clinic the transfer is very smooth transfer. The nursing staff, financial department and other staffs are very professional. The time you walk in until the time you walk out of you appointment makes you feel like you are the only person they are attending to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
Describe Anupama Kathiresan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
Not at this time
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Crochet] has an amazing bedside manner. Even though I didn't see him often because he went to other clinics, he always knew what was happening with me. So when I did see him again, he never missed a beat and knew everything. ... Weaknesses - I wish I saw my dr more often than I did. I saw him in the beginning and the end when I had a miscarriage. But he was there and talked with us before he performed the d&c.
Strength - they [CORM] give you hope that other clinics couldn't. They really do try to get you pregnant. They always have someone on call when something happens after hours which I did have to utilize a couple of times. Weaknesses - I wish I saw my dr more often than I did. ... It's just 1 older nurse who gave me the wrong phone number to a facility to do genetic testing on our embryo after miscarriage.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He has an amazing bedside manner. Even though I didn't see him often because he went to other clinics, he always knew what was happening with me. So when I did see him again, he never missed a beat and knew everything.
Know that you may not see him, but no matter where he is, he knows and is updated about you and test results.
unknown
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Taylor and Jordan)
only 1 lady in the whole practice didn't make me feel comfortable as if she couldn't remember me and my situation. The other nurses all know about me and my situation. So I didn't have to keep reminding them of what happened and what i'm there for. They already know - except this older nurse. Taylor and Jordan have been amazing as well as the rest whom I can't remember their names.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strength - they give you hope that other clinics couldn't. They really do try to get you pregnant. They always have someone on call when something happens after hours which I did have to utilize a couple of times. Weaknesses - I wish I saw my dr more often than I did. I saw him in the beginning and the end when I had a miscarriage. But he was there and talked with us before he performed the d&c.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
$1675 for an IUI. $50 copay as a specialist with my insurance after and before the IUI cost. No one told me how much medication would be outside of the IUI procedure cost.

3 IUI, IVF
she [Dr. Kathiresan] made my husband and I feel like she really cared. She explained all procedures with visuals and in a manner we could understand. She was hopeful yet gently told us the limitations and risks...it was obvious she does her best to meet her patients’ wish to be parents...she really puts her heart in her profession...remembered our names and was very familiar with our case. She was honest yet kind as she explained every procedure. It was quite obvious she was emotionally invested. Doctor Nps
Ashley [nurse at CORM] was so kind and thorough. She was professional and prompt...Strengths: appointments were generally quick; waiting area was private; clinic was clean; front staff is friendly; ultrasound technician is kind and friendly ...The only weakness is that the front office phone is never answered and patient has to leave a voicemail then wait for a returned call...The last few weeks we had a different nurse but did not interact with her as much due to the stage of our cycle.
3 IUI, IVF
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathirsean is a bright and professional medical doctor. She is confident in her skills. Aside from this, she made my husband and I feel like she really cared. She explained all procedures with visuals and in a manner we could understand. She was hopeful yet gently told us the limitations and risks. Our previous doctor was cold and too serious which made us feel intimidated and like giving up. When we met Dr. Kathirsean it was obvious she does her best to meet her patients’ wish to be parents.
She is a good listener so ask questions and express concerns. Please know she really puts her heart in her profession.
The doctor remembered our names and was very familiar with our case. She was honest yet kind as she explained every procedure. It was quite obvious she was emotionally invested.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashely)
Ashley was our nurse. The last few weeks we had a different nurse but did not interact with her as much due to the stage of our cycle. Ashley was so kind and thorough. She was professional and prompt.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strengths: appointments were generally quick; waiting area was private; clinic was clean; front staff is friendly; ultrasound technician is kind and friendly The only weakness is that the front office phone is never answered and patient has to leave a voicemail then wait for a returned call.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
The entire costs with medications was roughly 20K. Our insurance did not cover this procedure.
+ Read more- Read less
Dr. Schnell was absolutely amazing. She explained everything very clearly and detailed. She made sure we understood and went into depth if we did not. She made sure we knew the risks and went over the blood work very detailed....She was able to get our genetic testing done. We did not get to go through the egg retrieval due to financial issues.... The nursing staff was caring but always had issues with scheduling.
The clinic [CORM] was organized. Very clean. Also, they made you feel very welcomed. The clinic was overall very nice and positive vibes. Everything had its place and you were able to know where everything was.... An appointment was made for my wife for blood work and we paid the copay. The lab worker wasn't there that day and she was told to come back even though we lived 40 minutes away.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Always as alot of questions. She will answer all
Dr. Shnell was very detailed and cared about our questions.
The nursing staff was caring but always had issues with scheduling. They scheduled my wife and charged her copay for a lab that wasnt even done that day and she had to gi back and pay another copay.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic was organized. Very clean. Also, they made you feel very welcomed. The clinic was overall very nice and positive vibes. Everything had its place and you were able to know where everything was.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
We had insurance at the time that only covered labs and ultrasounds. For 3 labs and 2 ultrasounds we paid almost $300. We were quoted at 14,000.00 for reciprocal ivf.
We did not talk about that just yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
An appointment was made for my wife for blood work and we paid the copay. The lab worker wasn't there that day and she was told to come back even though we lived 40 minutes away. She then had to get scheduled again and another copay was made.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Crochet] was very sympathetic towards my issues...He listens and explains any questions you have. He is very sympathetic to your feelings, but he does get directly to the point. I love that about him because I like that he doesn’t “beat around the bush.”...From my understanding, he only suggests one [embryo transfer], and I love the fact that he care so much for the safety of the mother and child.
I wouldn’t change anything. From my perspective, this staff [CORM] displays complete love for their jobs and is so nice! They definitely make you feel at home and welcomed....From the front desk, to the nurses, to the doctors. This clinic is so well put together and friendly! I love it!...the journey to discover why my husband and I were having difficulties was (not easy to hear) but the tests/procedures were easy because of the staff
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Tell him everything and ask any questions you have. He is patient and wants to answer any questions you have.
He was very sympathetic towards my issues.
I haven’t started my IVF journey yet, but the journey to discover why my husband and I were having difficulties was (not easy to hear) but the tests/procedures were easy because of the staff. After blood work and semen analysis came back great, we went one to an HSG test. This is where we discovered tubal blockage.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I wouldn’t change anything. From my perspective, this staff displays complete love for their jobs and is so nice! They definitely make you feel at home and welcomed. Thank you so much CRM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
We have an HSA account, so we had the money saved up to pay for these procedures. For all the blood work, tests, procedures, we probably spent a total of $1500-$2000. (This is a total guess because I’m not 100% sure).
From my understanding, he only suggests one, and I love the fact that he care so much for the safety of the mother and child.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Perfetto was extremely welcoming and informative. She took time to answer all of our questions with clarity and never made us feel as though there was a time limit. She was thorough in delivering the purpose for proceeding with certain tests, and compassionate when explaining the cause of our difficulty conceiving...takes time to explain every detail of your care without coercing you to make a certain decision. She is very knowledgeable and has amazing bedside manner.
The clinic [CORM-Houston] is great at making you feel welcomed and working with you through the specifics of labs, imaging and insurance issues. They respond in a timely manner and do not give you the run around. I honestly cant think of an area for the clinic to improve...The nursing staff is very responsive and all questions or voicemails left are answered within 24 hours...Labs - $200, MRI - $200, Co Pay - $35...Dr. Perfetto was extremely welcoming and informative. She took time to answer all of our questions with clarity and never made us feel as though there was a time limit.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto is a compassionate physician that takes time to explain every detail of your care without coercing you to make a certain decision. She is very knowledgeable and has amazing bedside manner.
Keep an open mind. She is very straight forward, but in a delicate fashion. She cares about where you are in your family planning.
Dr. Perfetto was concerned the reason to our difficulty in conceiving was due to PCOS as well as fibroids. She recommended and MRI and additional blood work revealing both were contributing factors. She helped us prioritize treatment options for the best outcome.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is great at making you feel welcomed and working with you through the specifics of labs, imaging and insurance issues. They respond in a timely manner and do not give you the run around. I honestly cant think of an area for the clinic to improve
Labs - $200, MRI - $200, Co Pay - $35

Unexplained, Other
She [Dr. Vicki Schnell] was very timely. I was able to speak to her within 10 to 15 mins. She was also very thorough. It was a lot of information to process and she made a point to stop here and there to make sure I didn't have any questions...We have done a few test. Blood, cultures, the ultrasound and the hsg test which found I had scarring and low AMH for my age. Our next plan of action is insemination or in vitro.
They [staff at CORM] offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot...All of her nurses were very kind but I remember one in particular. She was very compassionate. My husband had just started a new job and couldn't take off to make the appt so I went alone. I wasn't expecting bad news. She was very patient with me as I cried while trying to take in all the information.
Unexplained, Other
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She was very timely. I was able to speak to her within 10 to 15 mins. She was also very thorough. It was a lot of information to process and she made a point to stop here and there to make sure I didn't have any questions.
None really. I feel like she takes care of her patients and I'd just let them know that.
Her and her staff were very kind. They offered their numbers in case I just needed someone to talk to which meant alot.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I can't really say any bad about this place. Everyone was really nice and seemed to enjoy their work. Billing was explained thoroughly. I signed in on their computer and was seen within 5 to 10 minutes of arriving.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our first appointment was almost covered completely by our insurance. Only had to pay out of pocket 90. Then my husband unexpectedly lost his job so the next visit was 600
We haven't talked about it. I suppose we would talk about it once my husband and I have saved the money needed for the procedure.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Crotchet is a great doctor. I wish that you were able to speak with him more directly without going through his nurses for most communication.... He also did not perform our egg retrieval like we were lead to believe so that was frustrating....He has performed all my surgeries and has always been kind and informative to my husband and I. I was nervous having a male doctor but he has always treated me with respect and having a male doctor made him more relatable to my husband. He is a good doctor.
The doctors are their strength and some of the nurse team [at CORM]. The communication method feels cold at times and you can’t ever speak directly to your doctor unless you have a specific appointment with them. It makes it harder dealing with a middle man, and sometimes you just want to hear things from your doctor. Most of the staff is very compassionate and friendly...The FET nurse coordinator Beth is very caring and informative. The IVF coordinating nurse was not my favorite nurse there.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crotchet is a great doctor. I wish that you were able to speak with him more directly without going through his nurses for most communication. As this often lead to more confusion due to there being a middle man. He also did not perform our egg retrieval like we were lead to believe so that was frustrating. But another doctor in the office did and was just as good. He has performed all my surgeries and has always been kind and informative to my husband and I. I was nervous having a male doctor but he has always treated me with respect and having a male doctor made him more relatable to my husband. He is a good doctor.
He is a great doctor but be patient with his offices processes of communication, they can be frustrating.
Because he explained things to my husband and I in a compassionate and understandjng way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
The FET nurse coordinator Beth is very caring and informative. The IVF coordinating nurse was not my favorite nurse there. She lacked compassion and empathy towards me.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The doctors are their strength and some of the nurse team. The communication method feels cold at times and you can’t ever speak directly to your doctor unless you have a specific appointment with them. It makes it harder dealing with a middle man, and sometimes you just want to hear things from your doctor. Most of the staff is very compassionate and friendly.
+ Read more- Read less

dr perfetto is really good at making you feel comfortable. She is totally invested in the care of her patients. Check out her Instagram and you will see for yourself...very pleasant and relatable. Always smiling, very listening, even joking and laughing when appropriate... Also since it’s a smaller clinic than other juggernauts in Houston, you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
It’s smaller practice [CORM Houston] so they don’t have as many locations as some other Houston clinics, but they are in the main areas...Their surgicenter is also in house at their clear lake locations... you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
European, Middle Eastern
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr perfetto and her whole staff are very nice to deal with. You get updates on your treatment at every step (especially during the embryo development phase) their nursing staff and embryology staff are kind and awesome to deal with. Infertility is stressful but I felt like CORM and Dr perfetto were making it easier. Also since it’s a smaller clinic than other juggernauts in Houston, you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
Don’t be afraid. It is daunting to start seeking treatment when you cannot conceive but dr perfetto is really good at making you feel comfortable. She is totally invested in the care of her patients. Check out her Instagram and you will see for yourself.
dr perfetto is very pleasant and relatable. Always smiling, very listening, even joking and laughing when appropriate.
Describe your experience with CORM.
It’s smaller practice so they don’t have as many locations as some other Houston clinics, but they are in the main areas. After a bad experience at another practice we decided that we didn’t mind driving a bit more to get better care. Their surgicenter is also in house at their clear lake locations.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
[Dr. Vicki Schnell is] Nice yet busy lady. Approachable...Very knowledgeable and goal oriented. She's very detailed...She's done 2 surgeries on me. One to unblock my tubes, which was successful as I got pregnant about 2 years later. But that pregnancy was ectopic. She did the surgery to remove the failed pregnancy and my tube. Now 2 years later, I'm ready to try iui or IVF... When the pregnancy failed, the office monitored me daily. I didn't want to do a DNC, and she agreed to surgery to identify the issue, which was an ectopic pregnancy. She even provided me her cellphone number days up to the surgery out of concern.
The clinic [CORM-Houston] is very nice. After my initial surgery to unblock my tubes, I did not see the office for nearly 2 years...However about 1.5 years later I got pregnant. I initially contacted the other office, but they where not open to seeing me since I convinced naturally, even tho the Dr is an RE. I called corm and they saw me every other day until my pregnancy was surgically removed due to it being ectopic...[Dr. Vicki Schnell is] Nice yet busy lady. Approachable
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Nice yet busy lady. Approachable. Throughout. Very knowledgeable and goal oriented. She's very detailed and knows how to make babies. I'm looking forward to trying to convince with her. She's done 2 surgeries on me. One to unblock my tubes, which was successful as I got pregnant about 2 years later. But that pregnancy was ectopic. She did the surgery to remove the failed pregnancy and my tube. Now 2 years later, I'm ready to try iui or IVF.
None.
She is very busy, but caring and throughout. For my pregnancy her office started seeing me immediately. When the pregnancy failed, the office monitored me daily. I didn't want to do a DNC, and she agreed to surgery to identify the issue, which was an ectopic pregnancy. She even provided me her cellphone number days up to the surgery out of concern.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is very nice. After my initial surgery to unblock my tubes, I did not see the office for nearly 2 years. In that time, I saw another office since i had conceived yet. However about 1.5 years later I got pregnant. I initially contacted the other office, but they where not open to seeing me since I convinced naturally, even tho the Dr is an RE. I called corm and they saw me every other day until my pregnancy was surgically removed due to it being ectopic.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

Dr.Prefetto was very nice and compassionate dr and always answered our questions with honesty.... De Prefetto was very seeet and always felt important although we weren’t successful she was very compassionate about everything. She tried to be there every step of the way and was very emotional the day the last embryo transfer was negative.... For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
I also liked they [CORM Houston] were able to provide payment plans for paying that helped us tremendously. No other clinic provides that. The clinic weakness I would say is the staff are not friendly.... For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Do research on all possibilities for treatment. Also to get on social media there is many women in your shoes and are very supportive.
I don’t remember exactly but I was given medications for ovulation and had egg retrieval. For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
The nursing staff were not personable and were nice but not compassionate
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinics strengths is dr prefetto she is very nice and always showed compassionate. I also liked they were able to provide payment plans for paying that helped us tremendously. No other clinic provides that. The clinic weakness I would say is the staff are not friendly.
Cost was lower then most other fertility clinics in Houston. They provided payment plans as well and no other clinic does
Dr transferred two the first time but was very specific of the pros and cons of transferring two
+ Read more- Read less

John Crochet was awesome. He found out why I was having troubles getting pregnant. He explained what was going on and my treatment options. He prepared me for surgery, checked up on me after the surgery was over, and kept in contact with me. I couldn’t seek the IVF treatment with his facility at the time because it was a little pricy, but I won’t go anywhere else because he truly made me feel at home and like apart my there facility family. So I will continue to save up so that Doctor Crochet can help me have a baby. I don’t trust no other doctor but him.
All my answers and concerns were tented to. Everyone in the clinic [C.O.R.M.] knew who I was and called me by name. When I was afraid to go into surgery they made me feel more relaxed. ... The clinic was very clean and smelled great. They got you in/out in a timely manner. They was very nice and treated you like family. I haven’t seen a weakness in this office at the time that I was going. They were really on point.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I will tell them that Doctor Crochet is very experience in what he does and he’s trustworthy. I highly recommend him to anyone.
All my answers and concerns were tented to. Everyone in the clinic knew who I was and called me by name. When I was afraid to go into surgery they made me feel more relaxed.
The nursing welcomed me in as soon as I stepped foot in the door. They called me by my name. They offer me snacks and drinks. They explained all payments they I paid. I loved all of them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
My doctor let me know that I only needed one embryo transfer at a time to keep from having multiple kids that might not all be healthy and that can jeopardize my health.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Schnell went above and beyond to help my husband and I. After any surgerical procedure she always call that evening and/or the next day sometimes twice to make sure I was doing ok. She took the time to sit down and explain things to my husband in great detail after any procedure. She would also give us her personal cell to call if there were any issues!...She always always takes the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand what’s going on.
the entire staff [at CORM] always treats me with respect and understanding...All the staff were amazing and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable...The clinic is amazing new patients should know that young kids are not allowed in the office out of respect for those going through rough times. The clinic is beautiful and the staff tries their hardest to keep patients from waiting too long.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I tell everybody that they will love Dr. Schnell as well as all of the doctors and staff at CORM and to not be afraid to ask her questions. She always always takes the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand what’s going on.
Dr. Schnell as well as the entire staff always treats me with respect and understanding.
We started out doing two outs woth ivf med protocols. We did this because my husband had zero issues and our issue was I did not always ovulate. After two rounds we decided to wait and save up for ivf while we were saving we became pregnant naturally.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
I do not remember exactly what the cost were. I want to say the actual iui was $400 and the monitoring etc was around $1200 but again I don’t remember exact details