Beaumont
Pearland, TX 77584
281.332.0073
1015 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Success w/ Doc 5 Eggs Frozen
once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor [Dr. Vicki Schnell] and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained...she didn't seem to be paying a whole lot of attention to my case, there was never any such information shared with me, or any discussions about what I'd like to do...She was very personable, but rushed through explanations. Being extra friendly and enthusiastic turned to disappearance once I had my baseline.
You might deal with completely different people each time [at CORM]. It doesn't seem they communicate well amongst themselves, and they definitely don't communicate with you. The doctor is hardly present in the most stressful parts (i.e., the whole cycle)...My baseline was done by a trainee without me knowing, then a trainer entering halfway through, not introducing themself, and both talking about technique while taking a really long time as if I wasn't even there, or they weren't using my vagina and ovaries. There was no result communicated, verbally or electronically. Later, once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She was very personable, but rushed through explanations. Being extra friendly and enthusiastic turned to disappearance once I had my baseline. When I raised concerns with her she had quick irrelevant excuses, like "well that nurse is having a hard time at home, she's going to school and has all these kids," or saying that "well most women are already informed about how to read portal results because they do a lot of research and have support there, but i guess with egg freezing it's not the same." When I mentioned the awful experienced of having a trainee do my baseline ultrasound with no notification and taking forever, she blamed the techs being young and immature, and said she was glad to know this, but when I went in for the next ultrasound the same trainee walked in! I never saw her after initial consultations, and even while she claimed there is always a nurse around to talk to after ultrasounds, there was never anyone. I have no idea why she chose the protocols she did, why she made the one adjustment she made, and what went into any decision, such as timing the trigger shot. She only had me go in twice for monitoring. During the consultation she raved about my AMH and how many follicles I had for my age, and that I wouldn't have to worry about more than one cycle of freezing--so why would it not occur to her to say something when only 6 eggs were responding? I really don't even know if she actually paid any attention, and when I saw her after the retrieval, she was totally oblivious and had to look up my results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Don't go. If you feel anything is a warning signal about her professionalism or preparation, believe your gut. She's nice and personable, but that means nothing in terms of actual outcomes. The moment she brushes off a comment or concern, or rushes through an explanation, you should believe what you heard and leave.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
At first I felt like a human, but that stopped once I was into the cycle and about to start stimulation. My baseline was done by a trainee without me knowing, then a trainer entering halfway through, not introducing themself, and both talking about technique while taking a really long time as if I wasn't even there, or they weren't using my vagina and ovaries. There was no result communicated, verbally or electronically. Later, once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained. There was no nurse or doctor available during my ultrasounds, and only a follow up call from the nurse with instructions, but no info on what was happening with my eggs or what it meant. I asked multiple times by leaving a message with nurse triage (the only way to reach them) about the results, and only once on pressing the issue did the nurse give me a set of numbers (size) that explained nothing. I only went in for monitoring twice. When I called with questions about meds or anything, I'd sometimes get an impatient nurse who said things like "you should know how to mix medications by now"…even though I had been told I'd receive another training before the trigger shot. Another doctor performed the retrieval (expected) and literally stopped in the door for 3 seconds, said hi and asked no questions and offered no info, and I never saw him again. They booked me a follow up with the doc who did the procedure but who wasn't my doctor. When I told them he wasn't my doctor, they booked a followup with my doctor a full 3 weeks later. Because I was experiencing a lot of dizziness a week later, they had me come in early and I told the doctor all my concerns, but then I was referred to a customer care person and never again had any interaction with any doctors. They kept making me repeat all the things that were problematic (agreeing that all of it was problematic), collecting information for "quality control" but in the end did nothing to actually benefit me. Oh, and of course the lack of info about my ultrasound results were suspicious because I expected a much higher number of eggs, so when they saw that wasn't panning out, you'd think they'd tell me something. But since I never saw my Doctor once I'd started stimulation, and she didn't seem to be paying a whole lot of attention to my case, there was never any such information shared with me, or any discussions about what I'd like to do.
Describe the protocols Vicki Schnell used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
There were no rationales offered to me, and no info once I started stimulation. After first ultrasound (I started with 300 units Gonal F), I was to increase gonal f to 450 units daily. Didn't do another ultrasound until the 4th day after that, when I was told to trigger the next day. Met no actual nurses or doctors that whole time. There was no rationale given.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
There was one who was incredibly thorough and kind but I never met her and only communicated with her by Skype and email for information. The ones I dealt with once the cycle started were random and non-communicative, and one was even callous when answering my request for instructions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
You might deal with completely different people each time. It doesn't seem they communicate well amongst themselves, and they definitely don't communicate with you. The doctor is hardly present in the most stressful parts (i.e., the whole cycle). They would claim that "they always" do this or that, but don't. For example, I was given a quick review of how to do the trigger shot with the rest of my medicine training, but told they always go over that before I'd have to do it--never went over it, and I was shamed for calling nurse triage for information. I felt like I was bothering them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
$7500 for the egg freezing procedure. $40 for first appt (copay). Some copays on initial testing. Medication was purchased elsewhere.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
I already explained in my other answers. 1) none of my ultrasounds were explained, i wasn't informed that results during stims were disappointing, and i was given barely any information, choices, or autonomy during the process 2) some nurses were rude, shaming or made mistakes (I was was given conflicting instructions on meds to take) 3) techs were unprofessional and did not respect my rights to know who they were and what they were doing, treating my body like an training grounds. 4) doctor brushed off any errors, never really seemed to be paying attention to my case, and getting 5 frozen eggs out of 18 follicles, with no anticipated reasons for expecting such results, seems quite relevant to that lack of professionalism. 5) they admitted that all the things i found concerning were problems, when i told them, but they then used my time to take notes on their own process, but offered me nothing in return.

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Scnhell is not exactly th most responsive person . Her bedside manners lack any sympothy and I feel like was rushed through every appointment I had . Also I only seen her twice to chat during the whole process from November 2017 till end of March 2018...she is very brash and seems to be uncaring...I can’t atress enough but DR SCHNELL has to be more upfront and involved . She is like this invisible hand moving things so you always have to guess is it her or Rns directions ... just not comforting at all
[CORM] Strength ...they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm .... my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time... . Communication and overall explanation is very poor...They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I think as I mentioned before she is very brash and seems to be uncaring . I only went to see her because of a friend recommendation who got pregnant with her on IUI cycle but misscary later on . I wish she would meet with the patients more often or even check how ones doing . It is a grueling process and it nice to see that someone whom you just paid (not directly ) $$$$$$ would care to ring you and ask how things are going . Instead you play cat and mouse game of calling a triage line and waiting for a nurse to call back . If you have an emergency question like I had you wait for hours for someone to haves mercy and call you back . They always do but a lot of the time I was on the brick of a nervous breakdown or simply annoyed with that practice . As I said I feeel like she should show her face more . Once she saw me getting a blood work done I felt like she almost run away after seeing me . May be it is just her and being awkward with people but I know if I invest all I have financially and emotionally I need to see the same from the Dr as well . Well she ain’t that
Go elsewhere , I am trying Perfetto next and after that a different clinic in different state . Houston doesn’t really have a good fertility clicnic. This is my second one .
Dr. Scnhell is not exactly th most responsive person . Her bedside manners lack any sympothy and I feel like was rushed through every appointment I had . Also I only seen her twice to chat during the whole process from November 2017 till end of March 2018. He whole clinic is run by Rn’s and BCN’s who are nice but don’t have the same knowledge as a Dr would .
She first saw me in November after my failed IUI attempts at another clinic . She set things straight as weather we do more invasive IUI with injection previously only done with clomid or we go for IVF . Since my coverage was starting in January we decided to go agead and wait a few months prepping for the best IVF outcomes . Bunch of tests were ordered some used from the previous clinic like genetic testing. My man and FSH . Firstly in January my FSH was super high and no one wanted to admit but from what I know it is due to overdose of clomid at first clinic . So naturally it went down the next cycle and thank god to wheatgrass shots . So we started our journey - ultrasounds more blood work. Estrogen priming . Baseline showers a giant cyst . Set back . She put me on birhcontrol . Btw when I said she I mean nurses I have not talked to her ever since that November appointment . Cyst was gone the next cylcle and I stared my injections . Gonal-250 am and pm micro HCG pm hen after 7-8 days I think Cetrotite so 4 injections total . Ultrasounds , blood work etc . And a trigger shot which somehow my nurse filled in and out inside the gonal f box and I tossed it as I couldn’t see it . I had paniclalg called the clinic on a day of a trigger to find a replacement . Dr called me after almost 2 hours and couldn’t say much but sorry . Thank god I had an extra ovidrel from my last IUI so I triggered with that
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica matches Dr schnell personality . She sometimes very warm and some days I am scared to ask any questions and some I don’t even get to see her and BCN for Dr Perfetto subs for her . They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any . For example my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strength - overall I fell better there than the previous clinic as you see smiley faces and they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm . Also I can’t atress enough but DR SCHNELL has to be more upfront and involved . She is like this invisible hand moving things so you always have to guess is it her or Rns directions ... just not comforting at all
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Since my insurance paid some amount we are still in the process of submitting and approving claims . So far we have paid 4K but expecting more
Describe Vicki Schnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
I don’t think she ever said anything like that but nurse was saying one at a time
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
My chart wasn’t ready for me . I had a prior months chart to use until a. We one mid cycle was made for me . So I had to guess what to do and what day . My chart was wrong as well . Communication and overall explanation is very poor
Houston
I fee that when I have questions about my treatment and I question why certain meds were used, she gets very defensive and does not give a good explanation why she chose it. I asked if we did IVF with here would she [Dr. Perfetto] implant multiple embryos and she said no she refuses to do it. No explanation of certain medical reasons of why she chooses to not do it. I just feel like it’s an empty clinic with no real answers.
Was prescribed the wrong dose of a medication and I ended up spending more than I had to and wasted the extra medication. ... When walking in the clinic [CORM], no one greets you. ... They tell you your amount when leaving and give you a small receipt but you never are told what you are paying for or an explanation. Don’t expect to see the doctor while going to all of your appointments because most of the time you will just see the nurse.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I fee that when I have questions about my treatment and I question why certain meds were used, she gets very defensive and does not give a good explanation why she chose it. I asked if we did IVF with here would she implant multiple embryos and she said no she refuses to do it. No explanation of certain medical reasons of why she chooses to not do it. I just feel like it’s an empty clinic with no real answers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Don’t expect to see her a lot and most times the appointments you have with her are not positive. I understand that she has to be realistic about treatments but I feel no compassion when I have appointments with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When walking in the clinic, no one greets you. They make you sign in on a computer and wait for them to come and get you.
Describe the protocols Candice O'Hern Perfetto used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I was never told why we used certain meds for the for the first IUI that we did. When the first IUI didn’t work she changed meds but didn’t explain why.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
Most are really nice but I’ve seen a different nurse each time I’ve went in and they were trying a new girl and she was learning the IUI procedure for my first one a she performed the second one. I would have liked to feel more comfortable and confident with the ones performing the procedure.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Don’t expect to be greeted while coming into the clinic. They tell you your amount when leaving and give you a small receipt but you never are told what you are paying for or an explanation. Don’t expect to see the doctor while going to all of your appointments because most of the time you will just see the nurse. I’ve been to multiple appointments and can’t even tell you the name of one person in the clinic. There are different faces every time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.
Not for sure the complete cost of any of the IUI procedure and the cost that I’m paying for. When I recently asked for a print out they did email me a list of what I’ve paid for but some of the payments I’ve made were missing.
Describe Candice O'Hern Perfetto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
She just said she refuses to do multiple transfers
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

All I was told [by Dr. John Crochet] was that my tubes needed to be completely removed. I had to get an HSG done and then I was diagnosed with Hydrosalphinx in both tubes. In order for me to have children, I would then need to do the process of IVF...I just felt like I wasn’t being taken very seriously. That because of my age, that it shouldn’t be something to worry about at that moment...First it was my uterus shape that would be a problem then it changed to it wouldn’t be but my tubes were going to be a problem. I just wasn’t sure what I was going to be told next.
They [staff at CORM] told me the wrong time when to take the pain medicine for the HSG procedure. I was told one thing then another happened. I felt the entire process and was feeling the medicine later when I didn’t need it anymore. It honestly has traumatized me...Communication is a weakness. They were very nice, very friendly and helpful but after my HSG experience, I’d never go back. I’m glad that when I did have a question when I wasn’t there, I was able to get a hold of the doctor and I received a call back.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He was a good doctor, however, I didn’t feel like I was being taken seriously. All I was told was bad new every time I went in. First it was my uterus shape that would be a problem then it changed to it wouldn’t be but my tubes were going to be a problem. I just wasn’t sure what I was going to be told next.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Crochet at CORM?
Do your research, ask questions to get a better understanding.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Crochet at CORM?
Describe the protocols John Crochet used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
All I was told was that my tubes needed to be completely removed. I had to get an HSG done and then I was diagnosed with Hydrosalphinx in both tubes. In order for me to have children, I would then need to do the process of IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The most thing that I was upset with, was the timing on when to take the pain medicine for before the HSG. I was told by one nurse to take it when I got there and that after 10-15 minutes when it has kicked in, then they’d be doing the procedure. That is not at all that happened. I took it when I arrived and literally right after, they took me to the back and got me on the table. I felt everything. It was the worst pain I’d ever felt. It wasn’t till 15 minutes after the procedure was done, that the medicine kicked in. Somewhere along the way, their communication was messed up.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
I spent at least $1000 just on 4 visits. But I didn’t have insurance.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
They told me the wrong time when to take the pain medicine for the HSG procedure. I was told one thing then another happened. I felt the entire process and was feeling the medicine later when I didn’t need it anymore. It honestly has traumatized me.
John Crochet
Webster
She [Dr. Kathiresan] was very nice and knowledgeable but very conservative with treatment. She wasn’t willing to do any immune treatment or prophylactic treatments. She was also Willing to follow what we wanted as far as timed intercourse vs IUI etc.... 1st timed intercourse cycle- Large cyst at baseline but continued. Only one egg on 7.5 mg letrozole. Trigger on day 16. 0 beta. 2nd timed intercourse cycle- clean baseline. 7.5 femara followed by 4 days of 75iu gonal F. Only 2 eggs that were barely mature at CD 13.
The clinics financial department was a nightmare from start to finish. They [CORM] told me things weren’t covered when I knew for a fact they were. They tried to make me do a $1100 package for my third timed cycle but the protocol was the same as my second and I only needed 2 ultrasounds and lab work. The package was for 4 monitoring sessions. If I had paid separately for each aspect of my cycle it was going to be much much cheaper.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
She was very nice and knowledgeable but very conservative with treatment. She wasn’t willing to do any immune treatment or prophylactic treatments. She was also Willing to follow what we wanted as far as timed intercourse vs IUI etc.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
If you have a complex case she perhaps may not be the best fit since I don’t find she thinks outside the box.
Describe the protocols Anupama Kathiresan used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
1st timed intercourse cycle- Large cyst at baseline but continued. Only one egg on 7.5 mg letrozole. Trigger on day 16. 0 beta. 2nd timed intercourse cycle- clean baseline. 7.5 femara followed by 4 days of 75iu gonal F. Only 2 eggs that were barely mature at CD 13. Trigger that day. Tested out trigger at home and after 3 days of negatives I had 3 days of positives but the nurses said no betas until 14 dpo. By that point tests were lightening again. Beta of ~3. No follow up to see if it was rising or falling. Just told to stop progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
We’re always sweet but sometimes didn’t know what was going on
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinics financial department was a nightmare from start to finish. They told me things weren’t covered when I knew for a fact they were. They tried to make me do a $1100 package for my third timed cycle but the protocol was the same as my second and I only needed 2 ultrasounds and lab work. The package was for 4 monitoring sessions. If I had paid separately for each aspect of my cycle it was going to be much much cheaper. They had also said the cost for a cycle capped out at the $1100 so If I ended up needed the full package i didn’t pay more. It seems like I always got a different answer depending on who I spoke to. I got the impression that things were done a certain way and that was not open for change on a case by case basis. I feel like the management prioritises profits over patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
1100 for a basic timed intercourse cycle 1900 for an IUI 13,900 for ivf before any transfers
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
When requested and paid for my full record was not provided to me. It was missing the surgical report from my hysteroscopy. And my other office visits besides my initial consult.
Anupama Kathiresan
Treated 2014 - 2018
Don’t expect to see her [Dr. Schnell] at every appointment...THE second round included clomid and Gonal f. We also added centrotide on certain days towards the end. It resulted in 5 eggs, 4 viable, 1 fertilized but did not make it to blastocyst stage. The 3rd round included a lengthy time frame of Gonal f and a micro dose Lupron injection. This resulted in 4 eggs in which 1 fertilized and made it to a 5 day blastocyst graded 8AB...she will only transfer one embryo.
I feel that at CORM there are too many patients...I never have had just one nurse that has been assigned to me. There is always a different nurse who calls me and responds to my questions. All are real knowledgeable. They are just unorganized and do not communicate with one another. It has made this process hard on us at times...This experience has been hectic. No one ever seems to know what is going on with my case and I have to explain it to almost every nurse that calls me back.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Schnell is great. I love her as my doctor. As I mentioned before, she is too busy and we hardly were ever able to see her in person. We were always passed on to her other colleagues. When we have visited with her, she always tries to come up with different protocols that could work for my body and our needs.
Don’t expect to see her at every appointment.
I feel that at CORM there are too many patients and Schnell is just too busy to handle each patient. We are then passed on to her colleagues for procedures or treatments. I love her. I think she is great. I’d just like to see her more.
The first round included Gonal f and Cetrotide. That round failed and resulted in a IUI. THE second round included clomid and Gonal f. We also added centrotide on certain days towards the end. It resulted in 5 eggs, 4 viable, 1 fertilized but did not make it to blastocyst stage. The 3rd round included a lengthy time frame of Gonal f and a micro dose Lupron injection. This resulted in 4 eggs in which 1 fertilized and made it to a 5 day blastocyst graded 8AB.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Some of the receptionists are a little bit rude and have lost their patience with my husband. One of the newer clinics is highly u organized and the nurses and staff there do not seem to get along much.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Most was covered under our insurance. However, medications and injections have no been cheap.
I understand why she will only transfer one embryo.

Treated 2014
She [Dr Vicki Schnell] overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing on sperm. She also had no knowledge about certain protocols potentially helping and went to look them up in the middle of our meeting...the same protocol I had success with at another clinic later. It also turns
The clinic [CORM in Webster] is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff...She [Dr. Vicki Schnell] overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing o
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is knowledgeable about her field and overall supportive, and I know that she has helped a lot of people, including others I know, especially younger friends. She always took time to answer all of our questions and was overall timely. However, she was somewhat disorganized. She would sometimes go over blood work and sometimes not. At times, I had to ask her to review it with us. Once she had blood work results back for two weeks and saw that she wanted to add a medication once she reviewed them but it was two weeks after the results were available on our portal. She overestimated our chances of IVF working for us, giving us a 90% chance of success if we had a genetically normal embryo even with advanced maternal age (which now seems excessively high). She would tell my husband and I one thing and then not tell nursing staff during the course of our cycle and then the nursing staff would be confused when we asked about things. This added to significant stress during the cycle with lots of back and forth urgent communication. Finally, when we had our regroup after the failed cycle, she said the failure was solely due to my eggs and that there was no reason to do extra testing on sperm. She also had no knowledge about certain protocols potentially helping and went to look them up in the middle of our meeting...the same protocol I had success with at another clinic later. It also turns out that the other clinic found that we had a significant sperm issue as well. When I asked how she felt about us getting a second opinion, she stated that she preferred we do so within her practice.
Do your research on IVF and other treatments so you can ask informed questions throughout the process.
The overall staff at CORM are warm and friendly, and Dr. Schnell is for the most part, too. However, when it came to presenting results of our genetic testing, she told us about our multiple embryo abnormalities of our genetically tested blast with a very cheery tone over the phone after leaving a cheery voicemail that they were in, which was not supportive and quite upsetting for us.
We did IVF, priming with birth control, and we used micro dose Ovidrel, Ganirelix, Follistim, and a trigger shot. We had far fewer eggs retrieved than anticipated and only had one abnormal blast. The rest of the embryos arrested after day three (after looking great on day three).
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
My primary nurse was really compassionate but often anxious, which added to the stress of the cycle.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is clean and efficiently run. You feel welcomed and the overall atmosphere is comforting, which is nice. The billing department was wonderful as well. They keep on top of things and keep you informed about insurance coverage and fees. I also really liked the nursing staff.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Monitoring appointment were efficiently run.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our insurance had a contract with them which was wonderful. We had only a few thousand in out of pocket costs.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
One nurse told me wrong dosing on a medication and sometimes they had information that conflicted with what the doctor said, which resulted in confusion and stress.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I just felt like at the end of the day I had no course of action besides wait and keep trying (which we did and we had another loss) or IVF. When I initially saw her [Dr. Perfetto] I’d only had 2 losses. I made the decision to go to another clinic after that because I didn’t feel like we had a real plan. ... She reviewed my specific information and history. ... I went through a battery of tests and had an ultrasound done and tons of bloodwork to be told I have unexplained infertility. No answers no help no course of action.
They [CORM] get you in quickly. They always return phone calls in a timely manner. They’re nice when you arrive and you don’t wait long. Weaknesses would be it’s hard to get answers quickly and scheduling can be a nightmare when you’re a teacher. ... I went through a battery of tests and had an ultrasound done and tons of bloodwork to be told I have unexplained infertility. No answers no help no course of action.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I just felt like at the end of the day I had no course of action besides wait and keep trying (which we did and we had another loss) or IVF. When I initially saw her I’d only had 2 losses. I made the decision to go to another clinic after that because I didn’t feel like we had a real plan.
Ask questions but be prepared for the possibility that you might not get answers.
She reviewed my specific information and history.
Describe your experience with CORM.
They get you in quickly. They always return phone calls in a timely manner. They’re nice when you arrive and you don’t wait long. Weaknesses would be it’s hard to get answers quickly and scheduling can be a nightmare when you’re a teacher.
We paid copay each time and paid out of pocket for the ultrasound.
We didn’t do that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
I was scheduled for my last appointment and told I needed to sign papers but the nurse told me they would continue seeing me. When I checked in they still were saying it was my last appointment. It did end up being my last but for other reasons. This was when they determined My baby didn’t have a heartbeat
Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] seems to be very knowledgeable, however she passes on a grunt of the work to her nurses, which makes you so unsure about what you are getting. You pay all this money- you want access to the specialist you're paying for...Just don't expect 100% access. As long as you make peace with that, you'll be fine...We used Gonal F for my last IUI cycle. Halfway through, she added another medication Menipur. The cycle ultimately failed. We are looking to start iVF next.
The clinic [CORM] has multiple locations which helps with access, especially on the weekends...The weakness is that they seem to have a high turnover rate with their nurses. Not sure why...Their office is hard to get a hold of. You have to call and leave a message, then wait for a call back. It is disheartening especially when you need to talk to someone asap...the one [nurse] who took the ultrasounds was really cold and disassociated...
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She seems to be very knowledgeable, however she passes on a grunt of the work to her nurses, which makes you so unsure about what you are getting. You pay all this money- you want access to the specialist you're paying for.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nurse who did my ivy was compassionate but the one who took the ultrasounds was really cold and disassociated.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic has multiple locations which helps with access, especially on the weekends. They are highly rated. The weakness is that they seem to have a high turnover rate with their nurses. Not sure why.
The IUI cost almost $3,000. The IVY cycle has been quoted to cost between $12,000 to $20,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
Because you have to leave a voicemail to get a call back, sometimes the callback takes a long time or doesn't happen until you call multiple times.
Houston

I wish we could have seen Dr Crochet more during a appointments...or at least while have the major stuff...but while in his office Dr Crochet was never in a rush and he was always to the point of what was wrong and how to find a possible resolution...and how to get threw it...My lining was only a 6 so he gave me some estrogen to start taking. That night I took my trigger shot at midnight and two days later I went for my iui. Every thing looked perfect. All my levels stayed perfectly. But then I got my blood test and it was negative Nursing Staff
[CORM - Beaumont] is very welcoming...and it is set up well where the couches are nice and they have water and coffee ready for you. When you walk to the back it seemed a little confusing because no one really told me where to go or what to do. That was one of the things that really bothered me...The lady at the front desk was very mean and unorganized but the nursing staff was very nice and always there for me when I had a million questions...I wish we could have seen Dr Crochet more during a appointments or at least while have the major stuff but while in his office Dr Crochet was never in a rush and he was always to the point of what was wrong and how to find a possible resolution and how to get threw it and although it was hard to hear I liked that.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Be prepared for anything he might tell you but know that there always something to try
He was very nice to me and my husband. He got right to the point of the problem and how to fix it.
We went in on cd 3 to get a ultrasound then I started taking 5mg of letrozole days 3-7 then we took another shot I can’t remember the name of it or the day but after that we did another ultrasound to see how my eggs were growing I had 3 eggs on my right side 2 eggs were nice sizes 19 and 20 left side had 3 smaller eggs. My lining was only a 6 so he gave me some estrogen to start taking. That night I took my trigger shot at midnight and two days later I went for my iui. Every thing looked perfect. All my levels stayed perfectly. But then I got my blood test and it was negative
Describe your experience with CORM.
when you walk threw the door and are very nervous it is very welcoming look and it is set up well where the couches are nice and they have water and coffee ready for you. When you walk to the back it seemed a little confusing because no one really told me where to go or what to do. That was one of the things that really bothered me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
It was crazy expensive that’s why we have any been able to do it once.300 for the consultation 1250 for just the procedure and 400 for the iui and that’s not including the medicine
John Crochet