2344 Dowlen Road
Pearland, TX 77584
281.332.0073
1015 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.

Dr. Kathiresan took her time with me at every visit and didn't make me feel rushed. She listened to my concerns, patiently answered my questions, and tailored treatment to my concerns/needs...She was direct and up-front with me about treatment plans, success rates that I could expect, side effects of medications, and risks of treatment. She was able to provide sound clinical reasoning for all of her medical decision-making. She struck me as professional with excellent clinical skills. I would refer anyone I know to her without hesitation.
staff [at CORM] was highly professional and welcoming. No complaints here...A medicated cycle with monitoring without IUI was $1275. IUI was an extra $400. Sperm freezing was offered to us at $800... The offices have a home-y feel and a child-free waiting room...There is a nursing triage line for non-urgent questions during normal business hours and an option to page the physician on weekends for emergencies.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan impressed me greatly with her bedside manner, expertise and communication. I felt I could ask her anything, and no question was too trivial for her. She was direct and up-front with me about treatment plans, success rates that I could expect, side effects of medications, and risks of treatment. She was able to provide sound clinical reasoning for all of her medical decision-making. She struck me as professional with excellent clinical skills. I would refer anyone I know to her without hesitation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan is unlikely to give you an unrealistically rosy outlook on your chance of success with different forms of treatment. Not that I found her to be too negative, but I think she might have slightly undersold our chances of treatment success. I prefer my expectations to be set too low rather than too high, but don't expect excessive optimism. She is a fantastic physician with an excellent bedside manner though, and you'll be pleased with your choice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Describe the protocols Anupama Kathiresan used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I got pregnant after 1 cycle of Femara 5 mg daily on CD3-7, then Ovidrel to trigger and timed intercourse. Pregnancy is currently ongoing and healthy, now at 10 weeks. Femara was used to induce ovulation for my PCOS, Ovidrel was my trigger shot and no MFI so timed intercourse was sufficient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Jackson)
Ashley was the primary nurse I interacted with at CORM. She was excellent at providing prompt information, calling in my prescriptions, and responding to my questions. They have a nurse triage line for questions and I found that Ashley always responded to my non-urgent questions within a few hours. She was courteous, professional, and knowledgeable but willing to ask the doctor if I asked her something she didn't know. Similarly the rest of the staff was highly professional and welcoming. No complaints here.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic has multiple locations and flexible hours, which was really convenient for monitoring appointments! My spouse did his lab testing at a Saturday appt (available upon request), which was perfect for his busy weekday schedule. The offices have a home-y feel and a child-free waiting room, which I appreciated. There is a nursing triage line for non-urgent questions during normal business hours and an option to page the physician on weekends for emergencies.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
Infertility diagnosis was covered under my insurance, but treatment was not. A medicated cycle with monitoring without IUI was $1275. IUI was an extra $400. Sperm freezing was offered to us at $800.

Treated 2014 - 2020
She [Dr Schnell] collaborated with other doctors to make sure that she stays up to date on everything and has tried everything she can for her patients...always made us feel like a human. She has invested so much time in us and hasn’t given up on us after 6 years of trying to conceive. The only time I feel like a number is when we have to pay. I would have hoped that we would get discounts for spending so much money with them but that hasn’t happened. Other than that, I love Dr. Schnell and CORM...is absolutely the best in her field. I trust her with my whole heart.
There has been times where they [CORM] have told me that I owed a certain amount, then when I went back to pay, they told me owed more because I did not have the credit on the account that they told me I did. One time they cancelled my appointment and didn’t tell me, so I took off from work and went there to find out that I didn’t have an appointment....I love how they always make you feel comfortable and the majority of the staff remembers you as a person. This makes it feel very personable. I do feel like at times it is hard to get ahold of the nurses. This use to not be the case. It seems like the recent nurses would rather txt me answers to my questions than call me back, which I don’t like. All of the doctors here are amazing.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is absolutely the best in her field. I trust her with my whole heart. She collaborated with other doctors to make sure that she stays up to date on everything and has tried everything she can for her patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Patience is the key
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell always made us feel like a human. She has invested so much time in us and hasn’t given up on us after 6 years of trying to conceive. The only time I feel like a number is when we have to pay. I would have hoped that we would get discounts for spending so much money with them but that hasn’t happened. Other than that, I love Dr. Schnell and CORM
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
Over the years I feel like this clinic has struggled with great nurses. There have only been 2 nurses that I have trusted over the 6 years I have been with them. They have moved these nurses to their other clinics ☹️. Some of their newer nurses have given me wrong information, which was terrible considering how sensitive and important every step of the process is. I feel like CORM has made adjustments when things like this has happened (those nurses no longer work there) but this is a field where you cannot make mistakes.
Too much to say
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
There has been times where they have told me that I owed a certain amount, then when I went back to pay, they told me owed more because I did not have the credit on the account that they told me I did. One time they cancelled my appointment and didn’t tell me, so I took off from work and went there to find out that I didn’t have an appointment.
Webster

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

Treated 2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Schnell] is very busy but was always very thorough with us and always said how much she wanted this to work since we had been through so much!...helped us get pregnant after 5 years of trying and two failed attempts at another clinic! She was very thorough and specific when going through all of our procedures and medicines...She used some different protocols and medicines that my other clinic did not use. We did do a mock cycle to see when my uterus was at its prime and I wasn’t on as much medicine as my previous cycles.
It felt like they [staff at CORM] were always on top Of everything! Very welcoming and supportive. I never felt like my questions were stupid and they always returned my calls in a timely manner! They were so accommodating. One time my mom was with me and my dad was in waiting room and they let them Both...in my room so they could see our baby on the screen! We are very pleased with the clinic!...They [nurses] were always smiling and positive! You could tell they enjoyed their jobs and wanted people to have success.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell and her staff helped us get pregnant after 5 years of trying and two failed attempts at another clinic! She was very thorough and specific when going through all of our procedures and medicines. She came highly recommended by friends and family. We are very thankful for her and her team and would recommend them to anyone!!
She isn’t fluffy with bedside manner but she is very good at what she does and wants you to finally have tour dreams come true!
She is very busy but was always very thorough with us and always said how much she wanted this to work since we had been through so much!
Describe the protocols Vicki Schnell used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
They were always smiling and positive! You could tell they enjoyed their jobs and wanted people to have success.
Describe your experience with CORM.
It felt like they were always on top Of everything! Very welcoming and supportive. I never felt like my questions were stupid and they always returned my calls in a timely manner! They were so accommodating. One time my mom was with me and my dad was in waiting room and they let them Both cycle in my room so they could see our baby on the screen! We are very pleased with the clinic!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
I’m a teacher and I felt like they did anything they could to work around my schedule!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
We signed up for their Anniversary special so it was about 16k and free genetic testing on 10 embryos! Medicine was about another 4K!
Describe Vicki Schnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
We did want to put in two embryos but she was always very cautious about this and encouraged us to do a single embryo with higher chances of success. As much as we wanted to do two we trusted her opinion over our feelings!!

Treated 2016 - 2019
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle...shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile...I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea.
The financial counselor [at CORM] gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication...The clinic is very private and the ambiance is very warm and inviting. They have on site lab, ultrasound machines, HSG testing and more. It helps when it’s a one stop clinic because you don’t have to travel to so many places. The one thing I would change is parking. It is kind of difficult to enter and exit and you also have to pay to park.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia with atypia and could not proceed. During that crucial and devastating diagnosis, she was very empathetic and I felt she was on my side. She gave me options and didn’t leave me blindsided. After hormone therapy , I returned to her facility for further treatment. I wouldn’t choose anyone else for my care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto’s shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I felt like a human because she understood my struggles with PCOS and didn’t automatically weight shame me. She explains everything in terms I understand. Most important, when I was at my lowest point and received an unexpected diagnosis, she was empathetic and even called me to check and see if I was okay. I will always remember that.
Describe the protocols Candice O'Hern Perfetto used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea. After my cycle, I went in for an ultrasound to check my uterine lining, I was then prescribed Letrozole to induce ovulation. During this process, we did have to up the dose and it worked. When I had an ultrasound with a follicle, I was instructed to trigger shot. I was given a calendar with instructions of every step of the way. After trigger, we timed intercourse based on instructions. We then waited two weeks for blood work which resulted in a negative pregnancy. During the two week wait, I was prescribed progesterone suppositories to help prevent miscarriage. After the negative test, I was instructed to discontinue progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
I remember a group of people caring for me. They were always ready to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.
The financial counselor gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication. This current time, the counselor provided an updated contract with updated pricing and we were once again told up front what was not included in the contract. Since my insurance doesn’t cover fertility, all my charges must be paid upfront with the contract. This is probably the most difficult part of this process. The contracts cost thousands of dollars upfront and it is heart wrenching when the funds are not available or limited.

Treated 2016 - 2019
Dr Crochet is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. He practices solely from research based techniques combined with the well being of his patients. He has made my treatment seemless and has walked hand in hand with me along the way ... For IUI stimulation my protocol was 10mg of letrozole for 5 days, 150mg menopur for 3 days, then Ovidrel trigger shot topped off with progesterone suppositories. For IVF stimulation I did Gonal-F, Cetrotide, and Novarel trigger, then the incorporation of baby aspirin, estrace, and progesterone suppositories.
The Clear Lake/Webster clinic [CORM] has a great response time to voice messages and/or emails sent. ... The Finance group is open to answering any questions and periodically offers suggestions for financing and things of that nature. The contracts are straight forward and easy to understand. I can’t think of anything that I would consider a weakness. ...The wait time is better than any other doctors office I’ve ever visited in that your appointments are handled promptly. The front desk ladies are always in the best mood and very helpful.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr Crochet is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. He practices solely from research based techniques combined with the well being of his patients. He has made my treatment seemless and has walked hand in hand with me along the way. Awesome doctor!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Crochet at CORM?
The one piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is to ask a lot of questions and make sure that you understand the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr Crochet and his staff are very personable and attentive to their patients. There have been times when I have had questions and Dr Crochet has called me from his cell during his commute from one clinic to the next. Speaks volumes!
Describe the protocols John Crochet used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nursing staff is the best! They remember you by name so you don’t feel like a number at a “baby making factory”, are knowledgeable, soft spoken, give hugs, and truly empathize with the patients.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The Clear Lake/Webster clinic has a great response time to voice messages and/or emails sent. The wait time is better than any other doctors office I’ve ever visited in that your appointments are handled promptly. The front desk ladies are always in the best mood and very helpful. The Finance group is open to answering any questions and periodically offers suggestions for financing and things of that nature. The contracts are straight forward and easy to understand. I can’t think of anything that I would consider a weakness.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
The pricing of IUI procedures is reasonable in correlation to other clinics on the area at about $3000 plus the cost of medicines. The IVF contract is about $10,000 and about $4000 for FET plus the cost of medicines.
Describe John Crochet's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr K [Kathiresan] was incredible! Infertility is such a miserable thing, but her compassion and patience made it a pleasant experience. I always looked forward to seeing her, as I always left feeling reassured and hopeful. She was always willing to answer questions, no matter how neurotic I got. She, more than any doctor I’ve known, looked so genuinely excited for us when we finally got our positive. I wouldn’t wish infertility on anyone, but if you have it- Dr K is the best choice you can make.
I liked it [CORM]. Scheduling was easy, everyone was nice. Lots of locations to choose from. We had to go down to Clear Lake for testing/procedures on the weekend, but it was worth the trip. The Memorial location was my favorite - I rarely had to wait for than a few minutes to be seen.... Ashley was incredible. She was so helpful and was such a sweetheart when she called to give me news, good or bad. She was attentive and was on top of everything throughout each cycle.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr K was incredible! Infertility is such a miserable thing, but her compassion and patience made it a pleasant experience. I always looked forward to seeing her, as I always left feeling reassured and hopeful. She was always willing to answer questions, no matter how neurotic I got. She, more than any doctor I’ve known, looked so genuinely excited for us when we finally got our positive. I wouldn’t wish infertility on anyone, but if you have it- Dr K is the best choice you can make.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’s super patient with them. She’ll give you realistic expectations and help keep you from getting catastrophizing or getting your hopes up.
We used Letrazole, Gonal F, and Ovridel. Doses were adjusted based on how my body performed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Describe your experience with CORM.
I liked it. Scheduling was easy, everyone was nice. Lots of locations to choose from. We had to go down to Clear Lake for testing/procedures on the weekend, but it was worth the trip. The Memorial location was my favorite - I rarely had to wait for than a few minutes to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
A full IUI cycle was $1675 + meds.

Treated 2018 - 2019
The front desk staff [at CORM-Webster] are very polite and always greet you when you walk in. Check is very smooth and when you've had a sensitive appointment they'll actually sit there and comfort you. I broke down a couple of times and none of them were awkward or dismissive. The only weakness that I've experienced is that one of the financial assistants is very rude and cold.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I was referred to Dr. Crochet in January of 2018 because my gyno diagnosed my fibroid and she felt he was more advanced to perform the surgery via the Da Vinci robot. From the first consultation with him to surgery day I always felt comfortable, he explained exactly what he was going to do. After recovering from surgery for about 6 months my husband and I both went back to Dr. Crochet to continue our path to becoming parents. Soon after it was discovered that my husband had very low numbers and Dr. Crochet put him on Clomid for 3 months. In January of 2019 we went back to test his numbers and they had significantly improved and we got the go ahead for our first IUI. We did our first IUI on March 16, 2019 and on March 29, 2019 it was confirmed that the treatment had failed.
Be patient and open minded.
I definitely felt like a human. Every consultation is personal, there's never any rushing or not listening. Dr. Crochet and his nurse are both very truthful and blunt while still being very compassionate.
Our treatment for IUI was 5 days of Letrozole, 2 rounds of Menopur and 1 round of Novarel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I met Melissa when I went to sign our contract and pay the fees. I had spoken to her several times on the phone but to see her in person was such a relief, in a sense comforting. She is so nice and empathetic to the situation. If I had any questions I would leave a voicemail and it never took her more that an hour or two to call me back. She's always reachable and personable.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The front desk staff are very polite and always greet you when you walk in. Check is very smooth and when you've had a sensitive appointment they'll actually sit there and comfort you. I broke down a couple of times and none of them were awkward or dismissive. The only weakness that I've experienced is that one of the financial assistants is very rude and cold.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Every copay is $50, surgery costs for Dr. Crochet were covered at a 100% by my insurance. The IUI procedure was about $1700 and medications all together cost around $500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
Before surgery I had to get clearance from my primary care doctor, she in turn suggested I get my overall clearance from my cardiologist. A couple weeks before surgery I dropped off my patient summary and clearance from my cardiologist and when I went in for my consult Dr. Crochet had never received my paperwork and the front desk staff couldn't find it anywhere.
Webster

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

She [Dr. Schnell] has been very thorough with our testing and trying to rule out things before we start a new cycle. When we had bad news earlier in the day from the embryologist she personally called me to check and see how I was doing. She has been kind and encouraging in our short time with her. I truly believe she cares about and invests in her patients.... She did a very extensive blood screening, we each had genetic testing done, she recommended us to get our embryos tested
I think the clinic [CORM] is in a great location, has some really awesome doctors, nurses, and staff. We haven’t been there long but I like the atmosphere when I am there....I also love that they have a social media and share a lot of helpful information and success stories!... I have been in for a lot of blood work and had a few different nurses but all have been very friendly and helpful when it comes to questions!
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
We have only been with her since January, we wanted a second opinion and she had a lot of recommendations from friends and family. She has been very thorough with our testing and trying to rule out things before we start a new cycle. When we had bad news earlier in the day from the embryologist she personally called me to check and see how I was doing. She has been kind and encouraging in our short time with her. I truly believe she cares about and invests in her patients.
She is very to the point but you can tell she cares!
A family member told her our story and she called us to set up an appointment. She gave me her cell phone number and told me to call or text her anytime.
She did a very extensive blood screening, we each had genetic testing done, she recommended us to get our embryos tested since we had 3 already fail, she did a mock cycle where we had a hysteroscopy and an ERA biopsy. We are currently waiting on those results to see our next steps.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I think the clinic is in a great location, has some really awesome doctors, nurses, and staff. We haven’t been there long but I like the atmosphere when I am there. I have several friends who have had success stories with different doctors at this location and I am looking forward to ours! I also love that they have a social media and share a lot of helpful information and success stories! Although we haven’t been there long I would recommend them to those starting their journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our insurance doesn’t cover very much and we have a high deductible. Our mock cycle was about $1800 with medicine and the procedure I believe. Our genetic testing was about $800, embryo testing about $2200, and random blood work.
We have not got this far in our conversations!
Webster

we are using a HCG trigger shot to assist in the quality of my eggs as well as a Lupron antagonist protocol [with Dr. Candice O'Hern Perfetto] because there may be some underlying endometriosis/inflammation that we aren't aware of...makes you feel like you are part of a family and your care is important to her to the extent she will do everything she can based on the knowledge she has to help you achieve your potential. She even remembered or Skype conversation from a month previous when we met her in the office. I can't say I've had to many Dr.s do that especially in the fertility community.
Overall this clinic [CORM] has way more strengths than weaknesses and I would recommend it to anyone looking for compassionate and knowledgable fertility information and treatment...It seems as though there is a separate on call nurse or nurse that returns messages left vs. the Dr.s primary nurse. I believe there is going to be some turnover with the primary nurse so I can't say yet how this will affect my interactions with the clinic...
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
As a woman it is important to feel as though you are being treated the way a Dr. would treat their best friend or family member. Did you do your research? Did you explore all options and tests? Did you look at things that are new and maybe controversial at this time? I asked Dr. Perfetto if I was her best friend, sister, or daughter what would she recommend me do. Without hesitation I was given an answer and an explanation as to why. It's important that your Dr. doesn't always feel like they have every answer. It keeps them seeking new information and treatments in the area of their expertise. I explained my situation with my previous RE and how after failed IVF I was given the same protocol with no changes and no explanations. Dr. Perfetto immediately told me of research that had suggested that the protocol I had been on may not have been the best choice and explained why.
Be open, honest, and thorough in your history. That would be my recommendation for anyone doing IVF. Somethings you may not want to discuss or feel embarrassed about but with infertility you quickly lose your modesty and if the Dr. can have a full picture from the beginning they will be more equipped to help you achieve your goals/dreams.
Dr. Perfetto from the moment we first spoke with her made us feel like we were important and more than a number. It is important to us to be treated for our infertility and not just be treated for IVF. What I mean by that is whatever we can do to improve our fertility or find out why we are struggling it important to start there and not just do rounds of IVF with no answers and the same protocols. Dr. Perfetto makes you feel like you are part of a family and your care is important to her to the extent she will do everything she can based on the knowledge she has to help you achieve your potential. She even remembered or Skype conversation from a month previous when we met her in the office. I can't say I've had to many Dr.s do that especially in the fertility community.
I am starting my first treatment with Dr. Perfetto so I can't say quite yet how the outcome will be, however, I can say that we are using a HCG trigger shot to assist in the quality of my eggs as well as a Lupron antagonist protocol because there may be some underlying endometriosis/inflammation that we aren't aware of.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The strengths of this clinic are that the Dr. always preforms their own transfers, The billing is as simplified as you can get it so there are no hidden fees or potential for cancelled cycles due to unknown balances due, they are very open to questions and suggestions about your cycle and why or why not something might work for you. The weaknesses are nursing turnover. I don't think this happens a lot at this clinic but when it does happen there is always a transition period that is a little chaotic. Also, though very nice and helpful, being out of state I had to fax and upload all of my previous medical information for both my spouse and I. When I showed up for my in office appointment the intake girl had not forwarded any of my files or information to Dr. Perfetto. This is especially frustrating because she wasn't able to look at any of my previous cycle information prior to my visit. Which I specifically said if there was anything additional she needed to please let me know so I could make sure I provided it. I will say though that during the time we spoke with billing and her personal nurse she requested that information and reviewed it and came back with details on what protocol she recommended, why we were going to do things a little differently, etc. Rather than looking at it after we left (since I won't start my cycle for a another month or so) she immediately was on a plan for us. Overall this clinic has way more strengths than weaknesses and I would recommend it to anyone looking for compassionate and knowledgable fertility information and treatment.
The billing is simplified into charges for retrieval, transfer, PGS/PGD, etc. So it is not small amounts for individual procedures such as ultrasound, lab, nursing hours, etc. It makes it simple to pay for and there are no hidden fees that could potentially cancel a cycle for mishaps in the billing department. Some of the fees are high such as sperm cryopreservation and storage compared to other clinics I've seen or heard of but overall I think it's comparable.
Describe Candice O'Hern Perfetto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
I have no comments on eSET as I always do what my Dr. recommends. I did have a previous Dr. suggest transferring 3 embryos but if they all took we would have to make a selective deduction choice and so we declined to have three transferred. I understand both rationales for single vs multiple so unless there would be selective reduction I typically am fine with my Dr.s recommendation.
Houston

Never once did he [Dr. John Crochet] make me feel like a number. He is very personable and he makes me feel like he is my friend as well as my doctor. He is funny when needed and he is serious when needed. He makes me feel more at ease about this entire journey I'm going through... I did my first IUI right away, and did get pregnant. Unfortunately, it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy, and I had to have emergency surgery and get my right tube removed. Dr. Crochet performed my surgery and it went great. I just went to my post op appointment and even after being through something so traumatizing, Dr. Crochet STILL made me feel hopeful. I think that's pretty amazing and I'm lucky to have a doctor who cares so much.
All of the staff [at CORM] is really great. I suffer from anxiety, so I call up there a lot. They never make me feel silly for calling and having a lot of questions. You can tell they really enjoy what they're doing...My IUI was about $1,500 not including medications. The next round will be more expensive because we plan on adding Gonal F...This clinic is the best. I truly feel privileged I get to go there. Everyone is so nice and caring. I never feel like just a number. They remember my name and specific things from previous appointments. They are always steps ahead of me. I really can't say enough good things about this clinic.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
During my consultation, I told him everything. He felt for me and was passionate, while still remaining positive and confident. He has made me believe I WILL have a baby. He is the first person who ever gave me actual, real hope. I did my first IUI right away, and did get pregnant. Unfortunately, it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy, and I had to have emergency surgery and get my right tube removed. Dr. Crochet performed my surgery and it went great. I just went to my post op appointment and even after being through something so traumatizing, Dr. Crochet STILL made me feel hopeful. I think that's pretty amazing and I'm lucky to have a doctor who cares so much.
I would tell someone else to just trust him and know he has your best interests at heart.
Not only is the entire staff at CORM great, but Dr. Crochet is as well. Never once did he make me feel like a number. He is very personable and he makes me feel like he is my friend as well as my doctor. He is funny when needed and he is serious when needed. He makes me feel more at ease about this entire journey I'm going through.
During my first consultation, I told Dr. Crochet I was just finished taken Clomid prescribed by my OB. He did an ultrasound and discovered it was actually perfect timing for an IUI two days later, so we got to get started right away! Before I found out if I was pregnant or not, he found out from my bloodwork that I have very mild PCOS. He decided the next IUI cycle he would switch me to Letrozole and we would also go Gonal F injections to raise my chances. I did end up pregnant, but unfortunately it was ectopic. At first I was doing Methotrexate, and my bloodwork had indicated the treatment was working. Unfortunately, it ruptured and I had to have emergency surgery. Dr. Crochet is still confident we can conceive through IUI, and we plan to try again in July.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa )
All of the staff is really great. I suffer from anxiety, so I call up there a lot. They never make me feel silly for calling and having a lot of questions. You can tell they really enjoy what they're doing.
Webster
Dr. Perfetto did a wonderful job informing me about the tests and processes but sometimes I would leave and go home then think of something else. ... After about 3 vists and initial testing, we figured out I was suffering from a miscarriage due to an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto made me feel like I was a priority. She called me on the phone personally to explain what was happening and guided me through it.
I will admit, in the beginning, it was very difficult to get a hold of someone to confirm a new patient appointment for me. However, after I did my initial consultation, the communication was much better. ... The entire nursing staff at CORM has been nothing but helpful to me. From answering all the questions, to returning my frantic phone calls, and even helping me with my payment/bill options. Any time I needed them, I would call the triage line and leave a message and they would always get back to me that day no matter how busy they were. Everyone I have worked with has wonderful bedside manner and made me feel nothing but welcomed. I cannot comment on any of their weaknesses because I have yet to observe any.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first went to visit Candice Perfetto for a consultation, I was nervous. After about 3 vists and initial testing, we figured out I was suffering from a miscarriage due to an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto made me feel like I was a priority. She called me on the phone personally to explain what was happening and guided me through it. She even gave me her cell phone number and told me I could call her if I had any questions or concerns. She checked on me consistently and made me feel a little less horrible about the situation at hand. She has wonderful bedside manner and is very caring and compassionate. She even has an instagram dedicated to inform her followers about infertility and all the things that accompany it.
Ask a ton of questions. There is no such thing as a silly question. Dr. Perfetto did a wonderful job informing me about the tests and processes but sometimes I would leave and go home then think of something else. Don't hesistate to call the office and leave a message to speak to the nurses. They will 100% call you back and help you with anything you need.
When I first went to Dr. Perfetto (after my initial consultation) I was going through a miscarriage/ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto called me personally to check on me, tell me information, and remained consistently worried about me through the entire process. I know she had tons of patients, but she truly made me feel like I was a priority.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I will admit, in the beginning, it was very difficult to get a hold of someone to confirm a new patient appointment for me. However, after I did my initial consultation, the communication was much better. The clinic is so inviting and cozy. You don't feel so much as though you are at a hospital. The waiting room kind of reminds me of my own living room with a big comfy couch and television always on. They even have snacks at the counter for you when you leave! The bathroom and facilities have always been top-notch clean and no complaints from me.
Unfortunately, being a teacher, nothing is covered under my insurance. Not medicine, not testing, not clinic visits and definitely not consultations. It definitely is a costly thing to go through. Our office visits range from from 175-300. Our medications cost around 1,200. Our IUI's range from 2,000 to 3,000 depending on the management cycle suggested.

Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr Crochet is a very considerate and supportive doctor. He is not willing to give up and try different styles to ultimately give us a baby. We absolutely believe he is the best dr for us. We have had some issues with the clinic but decided to go through round 3 with them again just because we didn’t want to lose dr crochet... He spends a lot of time with us going over each detail and has been compassionate about our loses. He is constantly striving to get us pregnant through different techniques to advising about special diet plans and such. His office has had some hiccups which we were not happy with but because of him we have continued this journey into yet another cycle and couldn’t imagine going through this with any other dr.
[The staff at CORM] told us to begin regimen and order the prescriptions to begin the cycle and then billing stepped in and cancelled due to a change in our insurance and stated the claim was submitted when it was not...delayed us goin on 3 weeks now...Their strengths are their doctors, weaknesses are billing and communication. I don’t like that you have to call and never speak to anyone and hope you get a return call. The lab updates are on par, billing and insurance is lacking in Communication and explaining things clearly
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr crochet is so kind and considerate. He spends a lot of time with us going over each detail and has been compassionate about our loses. He is constantly striving to get us pregnant through different techniques to advising about special diet plans and such. His office has had some hiccups which we were not happy with but because of him we have continued this journey into yet another cycle and couldn’t imagine going through this with any other dr.
We promise you will love him
Different drugs and doses and latest diet to help me achieve a better outcome to a different sperm donor to a different regimen this round
Quick in and out
Currently at around 66k and not done yet
He prefers single transfer of healthy normal eggs
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
They told us to begin regimen and order the prescriptions to begin the cycle and then billing stepped in and cancelled due to a change in our insurance and stated the claim was submitted when it was not. Rx paid for expired and delayed us goin on 3 weeks now.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Crochet took the time to get to know us as a couple and as patients. He has a great bedside manner and remembered conversations we had prior. He tells it like it is, and helped us get the results we were looking for!...Strengths - helped us get pregnant! incredibly smart, calming manner Weakness - you don't always see Dr. Crochet at each visit, it's definitely usually the nurses, he "tells it like it is" We liked the facetime with Dr. Crochet and moved our schedule to when he was available.
$10,000 for IVF egg retrieval [at CORM], $4,500 for embryo transfer, medications were separate. Cycle restart fee was $500 or $800...Single Embryo Transfer - CORM has a policy to only put one embryo back in for the health of the mother...The clinic doesn't always have the most updated paperwork - billing. I paid for a visit, but it wasn't reflected in their notes, so I had them look into it and even saved my receipts. Take advantage of any promos or discounts offered through CORM - ex. 25% off for their anniversary promo. The clinic was creative in getting ways to cover certain visits or procedures, when Infertility isn't covered under my plan, so that was a huge help!
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Stick with the plan he recommends and be ready for adjustments if needed. All the poking and prodding is worth it in the end.
I have PCOS and high AMH levels. We did 2 injectible IUI's that were not successful. My husband and I decided to move on to IVF after the 2nd failed IUI, as the results are much better. I'm glad we did cause we put that $ from what've would've been the 3rd IUI, towards IVF and it worked on the first try!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
Nursing staff was great. Try to call before 2:30/3pm to get a call back the same day. They did the prior authorizations for my prescriptions ahead of time (before IVF) so I wasn't as stressed battling the insurance companies, when the time came to fill the prescription. They faxed it to local pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, and mail order. They answered my many questions and re-assured me when I needed it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
$10,000 for IVF egg retrieval, $4,500 for embryo transfer, medications were separate. Cycle restart fee was $500 or $800.
Webster
I saw 4-5 specialists in Houston before seeing her [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] and we love her her!... we are ready to start letrazole with an IUI per her recommendation, as well as a low dose steroid for my case...She’s personable and super nice. Very knowledgeable...relatable...really loves what she does. She has an Instagram that really raises awareness about infertility and she’s always so honest and nice. You can see how much she cares about her patients and about what she does
I’ve had minimal contact with the nursing staff [at CORM] but from the contact I did have they were very nice and helpful...For every cycle of IUI it will cost us 2,700-3000$ approximately...The cost for IVF there was 14,500$ without the meds...This clinic is by far the best one I have been to in Houston. They are quick to answer, work with your schedule, and they are nice and compassionate. They respect your time as well. I don’t really have any other comments as of right now. My only thing would be to definitely ask about the pricing up front which they are really good at
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She’s personable and relatable. She’s knowledgeable and really loves what she does. She has an Instagram that really raises awareness about infertility and she’s always so honest and nice. You can see how much she cares about her patients and about what she does
Go see her! I saw 4-5 specialists in Houston before seeing her and we love her her! Be honest, voice your concerns
She’s personable and super nice. Very knowledgeable
I had tried clomid in the past under the care of another physician and it did not work. She explained why letrazole would be a better fit but since I was not having a period (2 years without a period when I saw her), she recommended we start wth progesterone every month for 10 days and I got a period for the first time in 2 years! I may not be ovulating but I have a period and we are ready to start letrazole with an IUI per her recommendation, as well as a low dose steroid for my case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
I’ve had minimal contact with the nursing staff but from the contact I did have they were very nice and helpful
Describe your experience with CORM.
While the ultrasound and consult were covered by my insurance, none of the actual fertility costs are covered. For every cycle of IUI it will cost us 2,700-3000$ approximately. She did inform us that we could try IUI 3 times before she would recommend doing IVF. The cost for IVF there was 14,500$ without the meds.
I haven’t talked to her in great detail about this yet because we will be trying IUI first. From what I understand, she does single embryo transfers due to risk
Treated 2018 - 2019
The clinic [CORM] was small and intimate. I felt like we were seen and each of the staff knew us and our history each time we visited. On the weekends, the staff rotate at the surgical center so we would often see a familiar face if an appointment landed on the weekend. Even the administrative/insurance department recalled our files and were so helpful getting any issues resolved with my insurance company and explained everything thoroughly.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
I did extensive research on the infertility clinics in Houston before I visited anyone. CORM and Dr. Kathiresan was on the top of my list as not only was her background impressive, but so were her colleagues and I knew in the field that your care may be in the hands of one of the other doctors if your appointment landed on a weekend. We ended up consulting a different infertility clinic at the recommendation of our OB. While that clinic was professional, my husband and I felt uneasy about the volume of patients each time we visited where we felt like just a number. I went with my gut and sought a second consultation with Dr. Kathiresan at CORM. Everyone at CORM was warm and the office had an intimate setting. Education is also important to me and Dr. Kathiresan was very informative and made sure we knew our options at each step of the way. With infertility being such a personal and possibly painful topic, you want your care to be at a place that sees you are more than just business. She rooted for us and considered our embryos as precious as we did. It was clear that she cared not only for a successful pregnancy but that we were comfortable, meaning nothing was ever rushed or pressured.
Research the entire clinic, not just the primary doctor for your care, including their lab if they have one. Make sure you're absolutely comfortable with your doctor and nurses where you can bring up any issues or questions. See multiple doctors until you find the one you're comfortable with.
The clinic was small and intimate. I felt like we were seen and each of the staff knew us and our history each time we visited. On the weekends, the staff rotate at the surgical center so we would often see a familiar face if an appointment landed on the weekend. Even the administrative/insurance department recalled our files and were so helpful getting any issues resolved with my insurance company and explained everything thoroughly.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Only a handful of doctors meant that I could research all of them and felt comfortable with all of them. Their rotating staff on the weekends meant that if I had a weekend appointment, I usually saw a familiar face at the surgical center. They also have their own storage facility and lab for the embryos. Their surgical center is located in Clear Lake with plenty of parking.
Houston
I have seen Dr. Prefetto twice and each time she treats my husband and i like we are not just another patient but as if we were a family member or a friends. She is very kind and loving.... Since seeing Dr. Perfetto i have nothing but respect and fully trust her with my treatment. She is amazing. My husband is afraid of needles we needed to do the genetic testing and he was refusing. She tried to look into other options to get the test done
The entire new patient process was super easy. Everyone one i spoken with was super helpful. I would not say the clinic [CORM] has any weakness, but their straighten would be that you feel welcomed. I felt like the entire staff knew what they were doing, and Dr. Perfetto answered all of my question. The team is good at returning phone calls.... The nurse staff was wonderful and caring as well. They are very knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Since seeing Dr. Perfetto i have nothing but respect and fully trust her with my treatment. She is amazing. My husband is afraid of needles we needed to do the genetic testing and he was refusing. She tried to look into other options to get the test done. Eventually she was able to get him to do the lab work and it did not hurt. She is very understanding of the stress and fear with this process. She is easy to talk to and makes this so much easier and less stressful
Out of the past two Fertility Dr. i have seen i feel the most comfortable with Dr. Perfetto. She is very knowledgeable, and will not do anything to affect the chances of her patient conceiving a baby. Like she told me the most important thing is getting your pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nurse staff was wonderful and caring as well. They are very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The entire new patient process was super easy. Everyone one i spoken with was super helpful. I would not say the clinic has any weakness, but their straighten would be that you feel welcomed. I felt like the entire staff knew what they were doing, and Dr. Perfetto answered all of my question. The team is good at returning phone calls.
I trust my doctor decision with only transferring one embryo. the risk is much higher with two, and i believe that she will make my dream come true with the one embryo
Houston
Dr. Perfetto is honest & upfront, but kind and emphatetic. I always felt like I knew the plan and rationale. When things didn’t go as planned, she helped my understand why and how we should best change the course of treatment.... Not much time is scheduled directly with Dr. Perfetto during the monitoring phase of your cycle. If you feel like you need extra time with her, just ask.... She always acts like I am her only patient - no amount of questioning seems like too much.
This clinic [CORM Houston] is located on the outskirts of the Texas Medical Center. It is a quiet practice, never too busy. A major con is that you have to pay for parking - it adds up quickly with the frequent visits required for monitoring....Monitoring appointments were always very easy & convenient. I was able to go in at 7:30am before work. They would draw my blood & then complete ultrasound. In and out in less than 20 minutes usually.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Ask every question you have. She will answer honestly & has certainly heard it before. Not much time is scheduled directly with Dr. Perfetto during the monitoring phase of your cycle. If you feel like you need extra time with her, just ask.
She always acts like I am her only patient - no amount of questioning seems like too much. She provided statistics & evidence to establish her plan of care, but within the framework of my personal dynamic. She took time away from her family vacation to address concerns when my cycle was not going as planned.
IUI converted to IVF secondary to overproduction of follicles.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nurses communicated well & were always very timely when responding to my (frequent) questions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
This clinic is located on the outskirts of the Texas Medical Center. It is a quiet practice, never too busy. A major con is that you have to pay for parking - it adds up quickly with the frequent visits required for monitoring.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
$6700 for egg retrieval & 1 transfer (though, considered a ”min stim” cycle).
Dr. Perfetto’a goal is healthy mama and baby - single embryo transfer recommended.

Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Crochet is very knowledgeable, professional, and transparent. He desired as much success as my husband and I. He was just as saddened by out negative results as we were. Although our outcome was devastating, he was professional throughout the experience.... We used the agonist protocol. We retrieved 10 eggs with our first round that resulted in 5 embryos. We had PGS testing that resulted in one normal embryo. We went directly into an embryo bank cycle with agonist protocol
The nursing staff [CORM] was caring and supportive. They always answered the phone or quickly responded. Even during Hurricane Harvey, when Orange, Texas was isolated from flooding water and the interstate was shutdown, the team was on the phone helping to assist with medication delivery and attempting to help with a plan of action. Many of these nurses lost their own homes and went above and beyond. Dr. Crochet has an amazing and loving team.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Do you research and ask questions. Dr. Crochet is not a mind reader. Infertility treatment can be scary and questions lead to responses you sometimes do not what to hear. Ask the hard questions. He will answer any and all questions but research and ask the right questions. He will be honest and provide an answer.
Dr. Crochet is very personable. He is encouraging and takes the time to know his patients. He is kind and understanding.
We used the agonist protocol. We retrieved 10 eggs with our first round that resulted in 5 embryos. We had PGS testing that resulted in one normal embryo. We went directly into an embryo bank cycle with agonist protocol, although in hindsight this was a bad choice because we had just lost our home due to Hurricane Harvey, and the additional stress resulted in 3 eggs retrieved with no viable embryos. We transplanted the one normal embryo that resulted in a negative pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nursing staff was caring and supportive. They always answered the phone or quickly responded. Even during Hurricane Harvey, when Orange, Texas was isolated from flooding water and the interstate was shutdown, the team was on the phone helping to assist with medication delivery and attempting to help with a plan of action. Many of these nurses lost their own homes and went above and beyond. Dr. Crochet has an amazing and loving team.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The nursing staff is always supportive and helps with assistance. The financial department was confusing and hard to contact , , ,however if you asked Dr. Crochet to assist you, he immediately directed them to address the issue.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
Monitoring appointments were quick and adjusted to fit my busy work schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Costs where listed directly after a free consultation. The financial secretary was hard to make an appointment with. She was very busy. I didn't take it as personal.
We had only one viable embryo to transfer so we are unable to give feedback to this question.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

He [Dr. Crochet] was very presentable and conversational. He had great bedside manners and made sure to explain everything. He spoke directly to us and not through us if that makes sense...He was very sweet and detailed. Even though we did not conceive our first attempt he was quick to find a solution for the second round...at first gave me menopur 175 iu, I had to request for four more injections due to eggs not maturing fast enough.
[Costs at CORM were] 3,000 roughly. We had 1,200 for the blood work, and visits. 500 for the iui and the rest was medications...Very clean facility. Very nice staff. The nurses were very seeet. The lab was very sweet as well. The only downfall was the assistant during my procedure for iui presser a little too hard during the ultrasound. Other than that the staff were a delight...Any questions I had I contacted her and even if she didn’t answer immediately she would call me back that day.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
As stated before he was very personable and explained everything is great details. The first time we met with him he explained everything we needed to know moving forward. He was very sweet and detailed. Even though we did not conceive our first attempt he was quick to find a solution for the second round. We just didn’t procede since we are paying out of pocket. But we certainly would’ve had him as our doctor again.
Bring a notebook with questions for him. He is great to answer all of them.
He was very presentable and conversational. He had great bedside manners and made sure to explain everything. He spoke directly to us and not through us if that makes sense.
Dr.Crochet used femara 5mg, trigger shot was ovidrel, and he at first gave me menopur 175 iu, I had to request for four more injections due to eggs not maturing fast enough. The menopur was the priciest medications. I was also tested for diabetes and while not diabetic he prescribed me 1,000 mg of metformin xr.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
I wish I remembered he name, but she was as sweet as pie. Any questions I had I contacted her and even if she didn’t answer immediately she would call me back that day. Every visit we saw her and she was so sweet.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
3,000 roughly. We had 1,200 for the blood work, and visits. 500 for the iui and the rest was medications. They did send us to a mail in medications, however, since I had to take last minute medications there was one that cost a little over 300 for menopur.
Webster

Candace [O'Hern Perfetto] has great bed side manner, she is nice, approachable, explained things very well to my husband and I and was very gentle. I am excited to continue our journey with her. ... Candice explained both my husband and I's questions in detail, we did the dye test and she explained everything about it, my husband did the sperm test and she explained the results in detail. Our next step is IUI and she explained that in detail and what to do next when we are ready.
The clinic is very nice, modern, has a television, snacks and magazines for the guest. The clinic looks great. It also has feminine products in the bathroom that can used and all of the facility is clean and kept up nicely. Also, very easy to access and get to. ... Nursing staff was energetic, asked me personal questions and showed caring about why I was visiting. I also called to ask more questions about IUI and they explained it very well.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Come into your appointment open and willing to listen. We have unexplained infertility which can be emotional to understand, however Dr. Perfetto kept us at ease and made sure we were OK for next steps.
Candace has great bed side manner, she is nice, approachable, explained things very well to my husband and I and was very gentle. I am excited to continue our journey with her.
We did did the dye test which showed my tubes were just fine. We had already done clomid with my ObGyn and everything was fine and I ovulate. Next step is IUI. All blood work was good as well.
Describe your experience with CORM.
My consult visit was not high from what I remember, I cant remember the cost of the dye test. I do know the IUI will run us about $1675 and medication will be $500-$800. Any help is very appreciated.
Treated 2015 - 2018
The team at CORM from Doctors to nurses, to office staff are so warm, welcoming, compassionate and friendly. They take the time to get to know you. Everyone is educated on your case so you do not have to repeat your self ever. They are very educational, want to provide you with all of the facts and stay away from giving you false hope.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr. Crochet is the absolute best. He made us feel like we were his number 1 priority each and every visit. He never rushed us through our appointments and always provided as much information as possible to help us choose the treatment plan we wanted based on the facts at hand. He never pushed us into making decisions and always provide the most compassion and support through our treatment process.
Dr. Crochet is going to be real with you . He is not going to sugarcoat anything. He will give you all of the facts and help you make an informed decisions off of those facts. He doesn't want to provide you false hope and he will not make you feel stupid for asking questions.
Dr. Crochet took time to explain every treatment plan based on our personal circumstances. He didn't seemed rushed and never made us feel stupid for asking questions. He was also very patient with us when we would cry in his office and showed a lot of compassion. Dr. Crochet was very encouraging and seemed determined to find a treatment plan that would work for us. I also appreciated that he never gave us false hope. He was always VERY real with us. It seems like he always tries to provide as much information as possible and empowers us to choose the best plan for us as a couple. We never felt pressured or like we misunderstood anything.
My husband has a low sperm count, so he placed him on clomid. After several month of trying naturally with the clomid, we moved on to IUI. The first IUI was unsuccessful, we decided to do a double insemination with the second IUI. That IUI took, but we miscarried a 5w4d. So we decided to try again. The 3rd IUI failed, but I did not respond as well to the medications. Dr. Crochet changed my meds, and we gave IUI one more chance. When it failed, we decided to move on to IVF. I am currently under stimulation medication and plan to have my retrieval early next week.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Nicole and Taylor)
All of the nurses at CORM have showed compassion. All have been well organized and have taken the time to get to know me as a patient, even by name. If I go in for a blood draw, everyone who walks by and sees me says hi and calls me by my first name. It is always so welcoming.
IUI- $1275 (Single insemination) or &1675 (double insemination) IVF $14,500
Webster
She [Dr. Schnell] really cared about our best interest and our specific situation that has led us to IVF ... we have to use a surrogate. ... Every time I walked into her office she knew me by name and knew my medical history by heart without ever having to refer back to my file ... My doctor advised she will only do single embryo transfer. ... She does tend to talk very fast but don’t be afraid to stop her and ask for an explanation or more detail. ...
The clinic [C.O.R.M.] is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. ... They [nurses] were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable ... I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she [nurse] managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She really cared about our best interest and our specific situation that has led us to IVF. My husband and I decline to do genetic testing on ourselves because it was optional. We decided to do genetic testing on our embryos because that is all we really cared about. We even signed our consent forms stating we are refusing genetic testing on ourselves. Dr. Schnell asked us very politely why we refused our genetic testing. She was concerned because I am of Ashkenazi Jewish heritage and we carry specific genetic diseases. She explained further that the genetic testing on the embryos was not as detailed as the genetic testing we get on ourselves. She made us realize that it was in our and our future baby’s best interest to go the extra mile to make sure everything was okay. She really cared about us and our future baby.
She does tend to talk very fast but don’t be afraid to stop her and ask for an explanation or more detail. She will not hesitate to answer any and all questions and will really break everything down for you
We are currently going through IVF with egg freezing because we have to use a surrogate. Our IVF plan is to start me on birth control for about 2 weeks and then start self administered hormone injections. I will do hormone injections for about 2 weeks. Once my eggs are mature they will be removed for fertilization and freezing
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Stefanie Plaunty)
She is amazing! She always responds with any questions that day if not within the hour. I had a very tough schedule with work and traveling and she managed to work around my schedule and make my IVF process happen within the timeline we wanted.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is so helpfup. My insurance was denying my IVF because I had to use a surrogate and Dr Schnell’s team worked so hard to battle with my insurance and do everything they could to help get my treatment covered. The office was very clear on treatment costs which was nice because we knew upfront exactly what was expected and there were no surprises on payments. Also there was one visit I had where I was getting a lot of blood drawn because I was getting multiple tests done. They were so caring about my safety and making sure I was comfortable and if I ever felt dizzy they had extra staff on standby to offer cold towels and juice. Something that seemed so small really made me feel comfortable and confident in my choice of a fertility clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Unfortunately by insurance denied by IVF treatment so all costs were out of pocket
My doctor advised she will only do single embryo transfer. This is because there is always a small chance of having twins or triplets or more and for the safety of her patient and future child she does not want to put any of us at an unnecessary risk. Complicates can always arise during pregnancy and increasing the odds of having multiple children at once can increase those risks
Beaumont
Dr Crochet has gone above and beyond to make both me and my husband feel completely comfortable and well informed. He has never been one to shy away from tough questions and always presented us with every option possible, in order for us to make the right decisions for our future family....At my first appointment they recommended that i begin prenatal vitamins, vitamin D and CO Q10. I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve so we did a stim cycle using Gonal F
CORM excels at putting the patient first. They are extremely busy but never once did I feel overlooked. Every person in the office who I came In contact with remembered both mine and my husbands names. They are very upfront about cost. Directions and instructions are very clear and they are excellent at returning phone calls....Taylor, and all of the staff at CORM, including the ultrasound techs, med techs, phlebotomists, receptionists, nurses and other physicians have gone above and beyond.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
When choosing a doctor, I wanted to make sure that both my husband and I were comfortable with the person who would be going through this process with us. From our very first meeting, Dr Crochet was kind, compassionate, upfront and honest. He is great at explaining everything in detail, listening to our questions and concerns and talking to us like real people. I can not say enough wonderful things about his bedside manner and personality in general. He’s extremely down to Earth and knows when to crack a joke, which we all need now and then because let’s face it... IVF is not an easy process.
Don’t wait! If you’re having infertility issues make an appointment sooner rather than later.
Dr Crochet has gone above and beyond to make both me and my husband feel completely comfortable and well informed. He has never been one to shy away from tough questions and always presented us with every option possible, in order for us to make the right decisions for our future family. He has never made us feel rushed or overlooked and his office staff is absolutely amazing!!
At my first appointment they recommended that i begin prenatal vitamins, vitamin D and CO Q10. I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve so we did a stim cycle using Gonal F in the morning and menopur in the evening. Three days before retrieval we added Cetrotide in the evenings and then a trigger shot before. They were able to retrieve 14 eggs, 12 were mature, 6 made it to day 5 blastocyst. All 6 were sent for PDG. We ended up with 2 genetically normal embryos grade 5AA and 5AB. For transfer they did a “natural fet.” I took letrozole 2.5mg for 6 days and then started taking Menopur Injections until the HCG trigger medication. Post transfer estrace 3 times daily, progesterone suppositories 2 daily, aspirin and 2 mini doses of HCG. Unfortunately, our first transfer was unsuccessful. For the next transfer Dr Crochet said he will be changing all of the medications prior to procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Taylor Garber)
Taylor, and all of the staff at CORM, including the ultrasound techs, med techs, phlebotomists, receptionists, nurses and other physicians have gone above and beyond. They all are so kind and compassionate, have great personalities and are people that you actually want to be around. I have never once felt u comfortable with anyone at CORM
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr Crochet encouraged us to transfer one embryo at a time because 1) we only had two embryos 2) my age 3) in his practice transferring multiple embryos wouldn’t really increase our chances of a positive outcome.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Dr. Crochet is very understanding and kind. He never treats us like a number. He has personally called me hisself a couple of times in this process. He explains things very well to us and genuinely wants great results...We see him every appt that is needed. He is a very genuine doctor and wants great results. We are very happy with him and would recommend him to our own family... could not do the retrieval due to time sensitivity but another great doctor in the clinic does.
The clinic [CORM] is very private with your care. The team gets you back for appt very quickly. Front desk staff is very sweet and helpful. The nurses though are absolutely amazing! They could not be anymore compassionate and understanding. They have gone through some infertility themselves. They always smile and make you feel like family. When we actually become pregnant and graduate I will actually be very sad to leave them but know it will be a great thing.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
My experience with Dr. Crochet is absolutely perfect even with not actually having the results we desire. But he is very informative, makes sure we understand everything, and is very compassionate. He has personally called us twice to discuss things. We see him every appt that is needed. He is a very genuine doctor and wants great results. We are very happy with him and would recommend him to our own family
This is a very hard experience to go through and would advise to just prepare yourself as you would with any doctor. He will make sure your needs are met in a compassionate way.
Dr. Crochet started things off with all necessary lab work and testing needed. Dye tube test, saline ultrasounds, AMH levels. I had already tried clomid with my Gynocologist and due to age we went straight to IUI once we started seeing him. He explained everything and gave us all our options. He was never pushy on anything. We did try injectables with IUI twice with negative results. We decided to go into IVF. We are unexplained infertility and since insurance does not cover any fertility treatments and my age (36 now) we moved straight forward. Did injectables for egg retrieval and we were able to get 13 eggs, 9 fertilized, and 4 made it to day 5. All we froze due to a thin lining. Dr. Crochet could not do the retrieval due to time sensitivity but another great doctor in the clinic does. We have transferred two embryos. First ended with a blighted ovum and had a D&C. Second transfer was negative. We are approaching our final transfer. I have had 3 hysteroscopies. First exploratory but did end up cleaning out a small fibroid, second was for a small fibroid, and last one was a little scar tissue that needed cleaning out prior to transfer. I do have a thin uterine lining and we are currently working on treatment protocol to help before we start treatment to approach our last transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Martin)
FYou are rarely in the waiting room with anyone else. The clinic is very private with your care. The team gets you back for appt very quickly. Front desk staff is very sweet and helpful. The nurses though are absolutely amazing! They could not be anymore compassionate and understanding. They have gone through some infertility themselves. They always smile and make you feel like family. When we actually become pregnant and graduate I will actually be very sad to leave them but know it will be a great thing. They know me by name and always make me feel loved. Very genuine girls who want what’s best for you. Communication with them is easy. They have a direct line for you to leave a message and they respond to calls promptly. Some our on call for any outside hours too. Absolutely Love the staff!
Describe your experience with CORM.
As a new patient you will want to get yourself organized. It’s a long journey and you will definitely need things to be all together. You will see. Just because of fertility management in general. Not because of the clinic. So advice is to get all important numbers and save them for redily use. For instance the nurse line, the finance department, etc. You can always call your nurse and she can direct you. The nurses are very helpful that way and you will have a one on one basis with your nurses. The clinic also has an app and website log in where you will have all your lab work, notes, ultrasounds, messages, etc redily available.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Some labs and testing can be covered by insurance. IVF contract was 13,500 Does not include medication Which ran me about 6,000 total for retrieval and two transfers Contract price does cover your transfers for up to a year
My doctor is for the most part against advising or doing multiple embryo transfer but it all depends on your treatment. He does not say he never will and has done multiple before.

Treated 2016 - 2017
I like that dr. Crochet handles delicate issues like weight compassionately. He was very kind in telling me it would be helpful to lose weight, he didn't make me feel 2 inches tall for being overweight. We may not leave happy each and every time we see him but we always leave armed with more knowledge and what we need to do for the next visit or treatment... hes a great doctor, it may take a week or two to get in to see him but take that as a good sign.
The only thing I dislike is the new system they've [C.O.R.M-Clear Lake] implemented. You call and are connected to a call center who then has to transfer you to the clinic after you've explained why you called. It would be much easier to call the clinic directly to get my questions answered.... I've encountered several of the nurses and every single one has been incredibly sweet and kind. They are all so friendly.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
hes a great doctor, it may take a week or two to get in to see him but take that as a good sign. He's a great doctor.
The first time I contacted dr crochet's office I was in tears, I had just been told that my second pregnancy was going to miscarry. I called his office and they actually worked me in that day. This is a very busy office that takes a couple weeks to get in yet he worked me in that day. Unfortunately there was nothing he could do to save our pregnancy but I felt that he understood our desperation and had us come in rather than treating us like a number.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The only thing I dislike is the new system they've implemented. You call and are connected to a call center who then has to transfer you to the clinic after you've explained why you called. It would be much easier to call the clinic directly to get my questions answered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
I recently had an ivf and because of my weight there was a chance I would have to have the egg retrieval elsewhere so they had me sign the contract for an outside clinic. I ended up not needing to do that but because I had signed the contract for an outside clinic they sent me a text message telling me I owed an extra 150 bucks. I called and thought we had it all straighted out, I was told I didn't owe the money yet 2 months later I got another bill and was told I did indeed owe the money. That the 150 was for the egg retrieval at the clinic.