Beaumont
281.332.0073
Webster
1015 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598

I fee that when I have questions about my treatment and I question why certain meds were used, she gets very defensive and does not give a good explanation why she chose it. I asked if we did IVF with here would she [Dr. Perfetto] implant multiple embryos and she said no she refuses to do it. No explanation of certain medical reasons of why she chooses to not do it. I just feel like it’s an empty clinic with no real answers.
Was prescribed the wrong dose of a medication and I ended up spending more than I had to and wasted the extra medication. ... When walking in the clinic [CORM], no one greets you. ... They tell you your amount when leaving and give you a small receipt but you never are told what you are paying for or an explanation. Don’t expect to see the doctor while going to all of your appointments because most of the time you will just see the nurse.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I fee that when I have questions about my treatment and I question why certain meds were used, she gets very defensive and does not give a good explanation why she chose it. I asked if we did IVF with here would she implant multiple embryos and she said no she refuses to do it. No explanation of certain medical reasons of why she chooses to not do it. I just feel like it’s an empty clinic with no real answers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Don’t expect to see her a lot and most times the appointments you have with her are not positive. I understand that she has to be realistic about treatments but I feel no compassion when I have appointments with her.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When walking in the clinic, no one greets you. They make you sign in on a computer and wait for them to come and get you.
Describe the protocols Candice O'Hern Perfetto used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I was never told why we used certain meds for the for the first IUI that we did. When the first IUI didn’t work she changed meds but didn’t explain why.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
Most are really nice but I’ve seen a different nurse each time I’ve went in and they were trying a new girl and she was learning the IUI procedure for my first one a she performed the second one. I would have liked to feel more comfortable and confident with the ones performing the procedure.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Don’t expect to be greeted while coming into the clinic. They tell you your amount when leaving and give you a small receipt but you never are told what you are paying for or an explanation. Don’t expect to see the doctor while going to all of your appointments because most of the time you will just see the nurse. I’ve been to multiple appointments and can’t even tell you the name of one person in the clinic. There are different faces every time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.
Not for sure the complete cost of any of the IUI procedure and the cost that I’m paying for. When I recently asked for a print out they did email me a list of what I’ve paid for but some of the payments I’ve made were missing.
Describe Candice O'Hern Perfetto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
She just said she refuses to do multiple transfers

Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Scnhell is not exactly th most responsive person . Her bedside manners lack any sympothy and I feel like was rushed through every appointment I had . Also I only seen her twice to chat during the whole process from November 2017 till end of March 2018...she is very brash and seems to be uncaring...I can’t atress enough but DR SCHNELL has to be more upfront and involved . She is like this invisible hand moving things so you always have to guess is it her or Rns directions ... just not comforting at all
[CORM] Strength ...they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm .... my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time... . Communication and overall explanation is very poor...They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I think as I mentioned before she is very brash and seems to be uncaring . I only went to see her because of a friend recommendation who got pregnant with her on IUI cycle but misscary later on . I wish she would meet with the patients more often or even check how ones doing . It is a grueling process and it nice to see that someone whom you just paid (not directly ) $$$$$$ would care to ring you and ask how things are going . Instead you play cat and mouse game of calling a triage line and waiting for a nurse to call back . If you have an emergency question like I had you wait for hours for someone to haves mercy and call you back . They always do but a lot of the time I was on the brick of a nervous breakdown or simply annoyed with that practice . As I said I feeel like she should show her face more . Once she saw me getting a blood work done I felt like she almost run away after seeing me . May be it is just her and being awkward with people but I know if I invest all I have financially and emotionally I need to see the same from the Dr as well . Well she ain’t that
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Go elsewhere , I am trying Perfetto next and after that a different clinic in different state . Houston doesn’t really have a good fertility clicnic. This is my second one .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Scnhell is not exactly th most responsive person . Her bedside manners lack any sympothy and I feel like was rushed through every appointment I had . Also I only seen her twice to chat during the whole process from November 2017 till end of March 2018. He whole clinic is run by Rn’s and BCN’s who are nice but don’t have the same knowledge as a Dr would .
Describe the protocols Vicki Schnell used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
She first saw me in November after my failed IUI attempts at another clinic . She set things straight as weather we do more invasive IUI with injection previously only done with clomid or we go for IVF . Since my coverage was starting in January we decided to go agead and wait a few months prepping for the best IVF outcomes . Bunch of tests were ordered some used from the previous clinic like genetic testing. My man and FSH . Firstly in January my FSH was super high and no one wanted to admit but from what I know it is due to overdose of clomid at first clinic . So naturally it went down the next cycle and thank god to wheatgrass shots . So we started our journey - ultrasounds more blood work. Estrogen priming . Baseline showers a giant cyst . Set back . She put me on birhcontrol . Btw when I said she I mean nurses I have not talked to her ever since that November appointment . Cyst was gone the next cylcle and I stared my injections . Gonal-250 am and pm micro HCG pm hen after 7-8 days I think Cetrotite so 4 injections total . Ultrasounds , blood work etc . And a trigger shot which somehow my nurse filled in and out inside the gonal f box and I tossed it as I couldn’t see it . I had paniclalg called the clinic on a day of a trigger to find a replacement . Dr called me after almost 2 hours and couldn’t say much but sorry . Thank god I had an extra ovidrel from my last IUI so I triggered with that
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica matches Dr schnell personality . She sometimes very warm and some days I am scared to ask any questions and some I don’t even get to see her and BCN for Dr Perfetto subs for her . They are all ok just overworked and at times give confusing answers if any . For example my calendar was wrong and that attention to the details could cost me much more if I didn’t catch it on time
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strength - overall I fell better there than the previous clinic as you see smiley faces and they run on time Weknasees - something got to be done with a stupid triage line . Get more experienced nurses . Your blood work personnel changes once every two months . The last one butchered my arm . Also I can’t atress enough but DR SCHNELL has to be more upfront and involved . She is like this invisible hand moving things so you always have to guess is it her or Rns directions ... just not comforting at all
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Since my insurance paid some amount we are still in the process of submitting and approving claims . So far we have paid 4K but expecting more
Describe Vicki Schnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
I don’t think she ever said anything like that but nurse was saying one at a time
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
My chart wasn’t ready for me . I had a prior months chart to use until a. We one mid cycle was made for me . So I had to guess what to do and what day . My chart was wrong as well . Communication and overall explanation is very poor
Treated 2014 - 2018
Don’t expect to see her [Dr. Schnell] at every appointment...THE second round included clomid and Gonal f. We also added centrotide on certain days towards the end. It resulted in 5 eggs, 4 viable, 1 fertilized but did not make it to blastocyst stage. The 3rd round included a lengthy time frame of Gonal f and a micro dose Lupron injection. This resulted in 4 eggs in which 1 fertilized and made it to a 5 day blastocyst graded 8AB...she will only transfer one embryo.
I feel that at CORM there are too many patients...I never have had just one nurse that has been assigned to me. There is always a different nurse who calls me and responds to my questions. All are real knowledgeable. They are just unorganized and do not communicate with one another. It has made this process hard on us at times...This experience has been hectic. No one ever seems to know what is going on with my case and I have to explain it to almost every nurse that calls me back.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Schnell is great. I love her as my doctor. As I mentioned before, she is too busy and we hardly were ever able to see her in person. We were always passed on to her other colleagues. When we have visited with her, she always tries to come up with different protocols that could work for my body and our needs.
Don’t expect to see her at every appointment.
I feel that at CORM there are too many patients and Schnell is just too busy to handle each patient. We are then passed on to her colleagues for procedures or treatments. I love her. I think she is great. I’d just like to see her more.
The first round included Gonal f and Cetrotide. That round failed and resulted in a IUI. THE second round included clomid and Gonal f. We also added centrotide on certain days towards the end. It resulted in 5 eggs, 4 viable, 1 fertilized but did not make it to blastocyst stage. The 3rd round included a lengthy time frame of Gonal f and a micro dose Lupron injection. This resulted in 4 eggs in which 1 fertilized and made it to a 5 day blastocyst graded 8AB.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Some of the receptionists are a little bit rude and have lost their patience with my husband. One of the newer clinics is highly u organized and the nurses and staff there do not seem to get along much.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Most was covered under our insurance. However, medications and injections have no been cheap.
I understand why she will only transfer one embryo.
Houston
She [Dr. Kathiresan] was very nice and knowledgeable but very conservative with treatment. She wasn’t willing to do any immune treatment or prophylactic treatments. She was also Willing to follow what we wanted as far as timed intercourse vs IUI etc.... 1st timed intercourse cycle- Large cyst at baseline but continued. Only one egg on 7.5 mg letrozole. Trigger on day 16. 0 beta. 2nd timed intercourse cycle- clean baseline. 7.5 femara followed by 4 days of 75iu gonal F. Only 2 eggs that were barely mature at CD 13.
The clinics financial department was a nightmare from start to finish. They [CORM] told me things weren’t covered when I knew for a fact they were. They tried to make me do a $1100 package for my third timed cycle but the protocol was the same as my second and I only needed 2 ultrasounds and lab work. The package was for 4 monitoring sessions. If I had paid separately for each aspect of my cycle it was going to be much much cheaper.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
She was very nice and knowledgeable but very conservative with treatment. She wasn’t willing to do any immune treatment or prophylactic treatments. She was also Willing to follow what we wanted as far as timed intercourse vs IUI etc.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
If you have a complex case she perhaps may not be the best fit since I don’t find she thinks outside the box.
Describe the protocols Anupama Kathiresan used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
1st timed intercourse cycle- Large cyst at baseline but continued. Only one egg on 7.5 mg letrozole. Trigger on day 16. 0 beta. 2nd timed intercourse cycle- clean baseline. 7.5 femara followed by 4 days of 75iu gonal F. Only 2 eggs that were barely mature at CD 13. Trigger that day. Tested out trigger at home and after 3 days of negatives I had 3 days of positives but the nurses said no betas until 14 dpo. By that point tests were lightening again. Beta of ~3. No follow up to see if it was rising or falling. Just told to stop progesterone.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
We’re always sweet but sometimes didn’t know what was going on
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinics financial department was a nightmare from start to finish. They told me things weren’t covered when I knew for a fact they were. They tried to make me do a $1100 package for my third timed cycle but the protocol was the same as my second and I only needed 2 ultrasounds and lab work. The package was for 4 monitoring sessions. If I had paid separately for each aspect of my cycle it was going to be much much cheaper. They had also said the cost for a cycle capped out at the $1100 so If I ended up needed the full package i didn’t pay more. It seems like I always got a different answer depending on who I spoke to. I got the impression that things were done a certain way and that was not open for change on a case by case basis. I feel like the management prioritises profits over patients.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
1100 for a basic timed intercourse cycle 1900 for an IUI 13,900 for ivf before any transfers
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
When requested and paid for my full record was not provided to me. It was missing the surgical report from my hysteroscopy. And my other office visits besides my initial consult.
Treated 2017
She [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] Takes the time to get to know you and treats you like a friend... always had a smile on her face and treated my husband and I so well. Always making you feel like she had all the time in the world to spend on your case. She took the time to explain everything and made sure we both understood. While under her care, I had to have surgery, she told me exactly what would happen and what to expect and made me feel very comfortable.
The nursing staff [at CORM] was always wonderful. They answered every question, were comforting, made you feel at ease, and got back to me in a timely mannner if I called...Every person I encountered at CORM treated me so well. I never had a bad experience. They treat you like a person not another patient. Everything was done fast, which I loved. Some places take forever for results. Also at CORM I always had my info and knew what was going on. They have the patient portal which I thought was a lot of help!
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto always had a smile on her face and treated my husband and I so well. Always making you feel like she had all the time in the world to spend on your case. She took the time to explain everything and made sure we both understood. While under her care, I had to have surgery, she told me exactly what would happen and what to expect and made me feel very comfortable.
Ask as many questions as possible and listen and do exactly what she tells you.
She Takes the time to get to know you and treats you like a friend.
I have PCOS so our first try at fertility help was me taking a pill to induce ovulation. I can’t remember the name of the pill. If that didn’t work we were planning to do an IUI. I started taking the pill and got pregnant very quick, unfortunately I miscarried at about 7 weeks. I had no clue I was pregnant and when Dr. Perfetto told me I was shocked. She was wonderful through the whole process. Talked me through everything that was happening.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nursing staff was always wonderful. They answered every question, were comforting, made you feel at ease, and got back to me in a timely mannner if I called.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I think there was an initial appointment and work up fee, maybe $550, but I could be off. After that if I saw Dr. Perfetto I had to pay the specialist doctor co-pay from my insurance which was $75, but if I just had an ultrasound or saw a nurse it was a regular co-pay of $40.

Treated 2017
It is very obvious she [Dr. Schnell] has an extensive amount of experience helping people achieve their reproductive goals. She is attentive and very honest... I am very comfortable speaking with her about anything I am experiencing and she never brushes off my concerns. I am always given her undivided attention and my appointment is never rushed...After my first appointment Dr. Schnell noticed that I had Uterine Fibroids and recommended I have the 5 uterine fibroids removed via laparoscopic myomectomy. During surgery she also completed a hysteroscopy.
The nurses [at CORM] were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor... The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number...If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is very kind and understanding. It is very obvious she has an extensive amount of experience helping people achieve their reproductive goals. She is attentive and very honest. I really appreciate her. I am very comfortable speaking with her about anything I am experiencing and she never brushes off my concerns. I am always given her undivided attention and my appointment is never rushed.
Prospective patients should listen to her advice and guidance. Feel free to trust her because she will do what is in your best interest.
Moment I walked in the office I was greeted and asked to sign in. Once I signed in I was called by name and spoke with at least 3 people during my visit. They were all personable, attentive and kind. They ensured they knew my previous information before speaking with me so we didn't have to waste time explaining anything. I feel very comfortable here. I am mostly appreciative that I am heard and Dr. Schnell, along with the nurses and all office workers, show empathy.
I am in the early stages. After my first appointment Dr. Schnell noticed that I had Uterine Fibroids and recommended I have the 5 uterine fibroids removed via laparoscopic myomectomy. During surgery she also completed a hysteroscopy. While in surgery she noticed that my fallopian tubes were fused together. She was able to open them. Unfortunately, I am left with scarred tubes making it hard for an egg to maneuver its way to my uterus. The only option now is IVF. This is the only way for me to conceive. The first step was for me attending an IVF seminar. Dr. Schnell is now waiting for me to get started with treatments. My only hold up is accessing the funds to begin the next steps. While we wait she gave me a calendar to mark ovulation. I take my body temperature the same time every month and I chart the start and end of my cycle. I must continue to do this until it I am prepared to begin the IVF process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nurses were very nice and attentive. They had a warm and inviting demeanor.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The Center of Reproductive Medicine is located in an office building in the outer parts of the medical center in Houston, Texas. The clinic is very nice and clean. The environment is like an office but has a feminine appeal. When you walk into the office you sign in through the computer. If it is your first visit you take a picture. This way the staff knows you by your face and you are not treated like a number. If your appointment is for 11:30 am they will begin the process at 11:30 am. You give a urine sample first, get bloodwork drawn (a full panel). Another nurse comes in and asks about any and all medical history that you may have, your partner, your parents and siblings. The third nurse prepares all of your information for the doctor. Once the doctor comes in she evaluates and gathers more information from you to come up with a plan of action. The doctor then has another nurse with her to complete a full evaluation and an ultrasound to see what is going on. . It is very comfortable, quiet and relaxing. Also, Snacks and water are given upon request. The only downside is the fee for parking.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Bloodwork- depends on panel office visit- normal insurance copy Laparoscopic Myomectomy Dr Fee after insurance-$850.00 Hospital Fee- $1800.00 Post-Op Visits- $300.00
During the IVF Seminar I was made aware that the clinic only does single embryo transfer.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.

Dr.Kathiresan was very gentle and explained all of my options and was my pushy about which options to do. It was our choice of what we are comfortable with. Dr. Kathiresan did give us her professional advice of what would be best for us in our IVF journey.... Felt like a human she answered all my questions was not pushy understood how I felt about my previous treatment with IVF.
The clinic [CORM] is very quiet, clean, organized and the privacy is a big plus. The communication is also a big plus. If you have other paper work from another clinic the transfer is very smooth transfer. The nursing staff, financial department and other staffs are very professional.... The Egg donor or egg retrieval and any other testing that will be needing cost roughly around 23,200
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan is a heartwarming, passionate, honest, great dr. that takes her time in explaining your personal plan of successfully conceiving a baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
At this time we just did consultation and lab work, and ultrasound
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
They were all welcoming and polite and answered all my questions and if they did not have an answer by the end of my visit my questions were answered.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is very quiet, clean, organized and the privacy is a big plus. The communication is also a big plus. If you have other paper work from another clinic the transfer is very smooth transfer. The nursing staff, financial department and other staffs are very professional. The time you walk in until the time you walk out of you appointment makes you feel like you are the only person they are attending to.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
Describe Anupama Kathiresan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
Not at this time
Houston
she [Dr. Kathiresan] made my husband and I feel like she really cared. She explained all procedures with visuals and in a manner we could understand. She was hopeful yet gently told us the limitations and risks...it was obvious she does her best to meet her patients’ wish to be parents...she really puts her heart in her profession...remembered our names and was very familiar with our case. She was honest yet kind as she explained every procedure. It was quite obvious she was emotionally invested. Doctor Nps
Ashley [nurse at CORM] was so kind and thorough. She was professional and prompt...Strengths: appointments were generally quick; waiting area was private; clinic was clean; front staff is friendly; ultrasound technician is kind and friendly ...The only weakness is that the front office phone is never answered and patient has to leave a voicemail then wait for a returned call...The last few weeks we had a different nurse but did not interact with her as much due to the stage of our cycle.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathirsean is a bright and professional medical doctor. She is confident in her skills. Aside from this, she made my husband and I feel like she really cared. She explained all procedures with visuals and in a manner we could understand. She was hopeful yet gently told us the limitations and risks. Our previous doctor was cold and too serious which made us feel intimidated and like giving up. When we met Dr. Kathirsean it was obvious she does her best to meet her patients’ wish to be parents.
She is a good listener so ask questions and express concerns. Please know she really puts her heart in her profession.
The doctor remembered our names and was very familiar with our case. She was honest yet kind as she explained every procedure. It was quite obvious she was emotionally invested.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashely)
Ashley was our nurse. The last few weeks we had a different nurse but did not interact with her as much due to the stage of our cycle. Ashley was so kind and thorough. She was professional and prompt.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strengths: appointments were generally quick; waiting area was private; clinic was clean; front staff is friendly; ultrasound technician is kind and friendly The only weakness is that the front office phone is never answered and patient has to leave a voicemail then wait for a returned call.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
The entire costs with medications was roughly 20K. Our insurance did not cover this procedure.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

Dr. Schnell was absolutely amazing. She explained everything very clearly and detailed. She made sure we understood and went into depth if we did not. She made sure we knew the risks and went over the blood work very detailed....She was able to get our genetic testing done. We did not get to go through the egg retrieval due to financial issues.... The nursing staff was caring but always had issues with scheduling.
The clinic [CORM] was organized. Very clean. Also, they made you feel very welcomed. The clinic was overall very nice and positive vibes. Everything had its place and you were able to know where everything was.... An appointment was made for my wife for blood work and we paid the copay. The lab worker wasn't there that day and she was told to come back even though we lived 40 minutes away.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Always as alot of questions. She will answer all
Dr. Shnell was very detailed and cared about our questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nursing staff was caring but always had issues with scheduling. They scheduled my wife and charged her copay for a lab that wasnt even done that day and she had to gi back and pay another copay.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic was organized. Very clean. Also, they made you feel very welcomed. The clinic was overall very nice and positive vibes. Everything had its place and you were able to know where everything was.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
We had insurance at the time that only covered labs and ultrasounds. For 3 labs and 2 ultrasounds we paid almost $300. We were quoted at 14,000.00 for reciprocal ivf.
We did not talk about that just yet.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
An appointment was made for my wife for blood work and we paid the copay. The lab worker wasn't there that day and she was told to come back even though we lived 40 minutes away. She then had to get scheduled again and another copay was made.
Houston
Dr. Perfetto was extremely welcoming and informative. She took time to answer all of our questions with clarity and never made us feel as though there was a time limit. She was thorough in delivering the purpose for proceeding with certain tests, and compassionate when explaining the cause of our difficulty conceiving...takes time to explain every detail of your care without coercing you to make a certain decision. She is very knowledgeable and has amazing bedside manner.
The clinic [CORM-Houston] is great at making you feel welcomed and working with you through the specifics of labs, imaging and insurance issues. They respond in a timely manner and do not give you the run around. I honestly cant think of an area for the clinic to improve...The nursing staff is very responsive and all questions or voicemails left are answered within 24 hours...Labs - $200, MRI - $200, Co Pay - $35...Dr. Perfetto was extremely welcoming and informative. She took time to answer all of our questions with clarity and never made us feel as though there was a time limit.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto is a compassionate physician that takes time to explain every detail of your care without coercing you to make a certain decision. She is very knowledgeable and has amazing bedside manner.
Keep an open mind. She is very straight forward, but in a delicate fashion. She cares about where you are in your family planning.
Dr. Perfetto was concerned the reason to our difficulty in conceiving was due to PCOS as well as fibroids. She recommended and MRI and additional blood work revealing both were contributing factors. She helped us prioritize treatment options for the best outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is great at making you feel welcomed and working with you through the specifics of labs, imaging and insurance issues. They respond in a timely manner and do not give you the run around. I honestly cant think of an area for the clinic to improve
Labs - $200, MRI - $200, Co Pay - $35
Houston
dr perfetto is really good at making you feel comfortable. She is totally invested in the care of her patients. Check out her Instagram and you will see for yourself...very pleasant and relatable. Always smiling, very listening, even joking and laughing when appropriate... Also since it’s a smaller clinic than other juggernauts in Houston, you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
It’s smaller practice [CORM Houston] so they don’t have as many locations as some other Houston clinics, but they are in the main areas...Their surgicenter is also in house at their clear lake locations... you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr perfetto and her whole staff are very nice to deal with. You get updates on your treatment at every step (especially during the embryo development phase) their nursing staff and embryology staff are kind and awesome to deal with. Infertility is stressful but I felt like CORM and Dr perfetto were making it easier. Also since it’s a smaller clinic than other juggernauts in Houston, you really feel like your doctor is following you and invested in your care. They are very reactive (they turned my second iui cycle into an IVF) to make sure you make the most of your situation. Definitely, definitely recommend if you are looking for a fertility specialist in the greater Houston Area.
Don’t be afraid. It is daunting to start seeking treatment when you cannot conceive but dr perfetto is really good at making you feel comfortable. She is totally invested in the care of her patients. Check out her Instagram and you will see for yourself.
dr perfetto is very pleasant and relatable. Always smiling, very listening, even joking and laughing when appropriate.
Describe your experience with CORM.
It’s smaller practice so they don’t have as many locations as some other Houston clinics, but they are in the main areas. After a bad experience at another practice we decided that we didn’t mind driving a bit more to get better care. Their surgicenter is also in house at their clear lake locations.
Treated 2014 - 2018
[Dr. Vicki Schnell is] Nice yet busy lady. Approachable...Very knowledgeable and goal oriented. She's very detailed...She's done 2 surgeries on me. One to unblock my tubes, which was successful as I got pregnant about 2 years later. But that pregnancy was ectopic. She did the surgery to remove the failed pregnancy and my tube. Now 2 years later, I'm ready to try iui or IVF... When the pregnancy failed, the office monitored me daily. I didn't want to do a DNC, and she agreed to surgery to identify the issue, which was an ectopic pregnancy. She even provided me her cellphone number days up to the surgery out of concern.
The clinic [CORM-Houston] is very nice. After my initial surgery to unblock my tubes, I did not see the office for nearly 2 years...However about 1.5 years later I got pregnant. I initially contacted the other office, but they where not open to seeing me since I convinced naturally, even tho the Dr is an RE. I called corm and they saw me every other day until my pregnancy was surgically removed due to it being ectopic...[Dr. Vicki Schnell is] Nice yet busy lady. Approachable
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Nice yet busy lady. Approachable. Throughout. Very knowledgeable and goal oriented. She's very detailed and knows how to make babies. I'm looking forward to trying to convince with her. She's done 2 surgeries on me. One to unblock my tubes, which was successful as I got pregnant about 2 years later. But that pregnancy was ectopic. She did the surgery to remove the failed pregnancy and my tube. Now 2 years later, I'm ready to try iui or IVF.
None.
She is very busy, but caring and throughout. For my pregnancy her office started seeing me immediately. When the pregnancy failed, the office monitored me daily. I didn't want to do a DNC, and she agreed to surgery to identify the issue, which was an ectopic pregnancy. She even provided me her cellphone number days up to the surgery out of concern.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is very nice. After my initial surgery to unblock my tubes, I did not see the office for nearly 2 years. In that time, I saw another office since i had conceived yet. However about 1.5 years later I got pregnant. I initially contacted the other office, but they where not open to seeing me since I convinced naturally, even tho the Dr is an RE. I called corm and they saw me every other day until my pregnancy was surgically removed due to it being ectopic.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.

Treated 2015 - 2017
Dr.Prefetto was very nice and compassionate dr and always answered our questions with honesty.... De Prefetto was very seeet and always felt important although we weren’t successful she was very compassionate about everything. She tried to be there every step of the way and was very emotional the day the last embryo transfer was negative.... For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
I also liked they [CORM Houston] were able to provide payment plans for paying that helped us tremendously. No other clinic provides that. The clinic weakness I would say is the staff are not friendly.... For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Do research on all possibilities for treatment. Also to get on social media there is many women in your shoes and are very supportive.
I don’t remember exactly but I was given medications for ovulation and had egg retrieval. For each egg transfer I would have antibiotic and steroid for three days after transfer. I was also given estrogen and progesterone. First cycle I had estrogen pills and the second and third cycles I did estrogen patches with lovenox shots.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nursing staff were not personable and were nice but not compassionate
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinics strengths is dr prefetto she is very nice and always showed compassionate. I also liked they were able to provide payment plans for paying that helped us tremendously. No other clinic provides that. The clinic weakness I would say is the staff are not friendly.
Cost was lower then most other fertility clinics in Houston. They provided payment plans as well and no other clinic does
Dr transferred two the first time but was very specific of the pros and cons of transferring two

Treated 2015 - 2016
Dr. Schnell went above and beyond to help my husband and I. After any surgerical procedure she always call that evening and/or the next day sometimes twice to make sure I was doing ok. She took the time to sit down and explain things to my husband in great detail after any procedure. She would also give us her personal cell to call if there were any issues!...She always always takes the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand what’s going on.
the entire staff [at CORM] always treats me with respect and understanding...All the staff were amazing and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable...The clinic is amazing new patients should know that young kids are not allowed in the office out of respect for those going through rough times. The clinic is beautiful and the staff tries their hardest to keep patients from waiting too long.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
I tell everybody that they will love Dr. Schnell as well as all of the doctors and staff at CORM and to not be afraid to ask her questions. She always always takes the time to answer any questions and make sure you understand what’s going on.
Dr. Schnell as well as the entire staff always treats me with respect and understanding.
We started out doing two outs woth ivf med protocols. We did this because my husband had zero issues and our issue was I did not always ovulate. After two rounds we decided to wait and save up for ivf while we were saving we became pregnant naturally.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
I do not remember exactly what the cost were. I want to say the actual iui was $400 and the monitoring etc was around $1200 but again I don’t remember exact details
Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] seems to be very knowledgeable, however she passes on a grunt of the work to her nurses, which makes you so unsure about what you are getting. You pay all this money- you want access to the specialist you're paying for...Just don't expect 100% access. As long as you make peace with that, you'll be fine...We used Gonal F for my last IUI cycle. Halfway through, she added another medication Menipur. The cycle ultimately failed. We are looking to start iVF next.
The clinic [CORM] has multiple locations which helps with access, especially on the weekends...The weakness is that they seem to have a high turnover rate with their nurses. Not sure why...Their office is hard to get a hold of. You have to call and leave a message, then wait for a call back. It is disheartening especially when you need to talk to someone asap...the one [nurse] who took the ultrasounds was really cold and disassociated...
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She seems to be very knowledgeable, however she passes on a grunt of the work to her nurses, which makes you so unsure about what you are getting. You pay all this money- you want access to the specialist you're paying for.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nurse who did my ivy was compassionate but the one who took the ultrasounds was really cold and disassociated.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic has multiple locations which helps with access, especially on the weekends. They are highly rated. The weakness is that they seem to have a high turnover rate with their nurses. Not sure why.
The IUI cost almost $3,000. The IVY cycle has been quoted to cost between $12,000 to $20,000.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
Because you have to leave a voicemail to get a call back, sometimes the callback takes a long time or doesn't happen until you call multiple times.
Treated 2018 - 2019
I just felt like at the end of the day I had no course of action besides wait and keep trying (which we did and we had another loss) or IVF. When I initially saw her [Dr. Perfetto] I’d only had 2 losses. I made the decision to go to another clinic after that because I didn’t feel like we had a real plan. ... She reviewed my specific information and history. ... I went through a battery of tests and had an ultrasound done and tons of bloodwork to be told I have unexplained infertility. No answers no help no course of action.
They [CORM] get you in quickly. They always return phone calls in a timely manner. They’re nice when you arrive and you don’t wait long. Weaknesses would be it’s hard to get answers quickly and scheduling can be a nightmare when you’re a teacher. ... I went through a battery of tests and had an ultrasound done and tons of bloodwork to be told I have unexplained infertility. No answers no help no course of action.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I just felt like at the end of the day I had no course of action besides wait and keep trying (which we did and we had another loss) or IVF. When I initially saw her I’d only had 2 losses. I made the decision to go to another clinic after that because I didn’t feel like we had a real plan.
Ask questions but be prepared for the possibility that you might not get answers.
She reviewed my specific information and history.
Describe your experience with CORM.
They get you in quickly. They always return phone calls in a timely manner. They’re nice when you arrive and you don’t wait long. Weaknesses would be it’s hard to get answers quickly and scheduling can be a nightmare when you’re a teacher.
We paid copay each time and paid out of pocket for the ultrasound.
We didn’t do that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
I was scheduled for my last appointment and told I needed to sign papers but the nurse told me they would continue seeing me. When I checked in they still were saying it was my last appointment. It did end up being my last but for other reasons. This was when they determined My baby didn’t have a heartbeat
Houston
Dr. Perfetto is warm, welcoming, knowledgeable and shows a lot of compassion. During every visit I am allowed to ask my questions and time to receive answers. She has always told me what to expect and I have never felt left in the dark about anything. ... I haven't went through any cycles yet with Dr. Perfetto. I am looking forward to going through treatment cycles with Dr. Perfetto in the near future and to be able to experience the positive results that I feel she can produce.
The clinic as whole has been a great experience for me and my husband thus far. They have really treated us like family and take their time with each patient I've noticed. I haven't really noticed any weaknesses myself. ... The IVF cycle is 20-25k. ... Veronica has always been compassionate and also talks to me like a human. ...
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I would say to just be open minded and willing to take in the information she provides. She is very knowledgeable and trustworthy.
Dr. Perfetto actually took her time to explain things to me. She talks to and not at me every time I see her. She is very sincere.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Veronica)
Veronica has always been compassionate and also talks to me like a human. The entire staff pretty much builds upon the same compassion and care that Dr. Perfetto treats me with.
The IVF cycle is 20-25k.
Houston
I feel like she [Dr. Kathiresan] truly cares about the results, as if she's rooting for us as much as our families. I feel like I can trust her to point us in the best direction. Even if were not sure we want to go the route she's suggesting she's not pushy but understanding. She understands the stress and hope that goes with this process. I thank her for that and hope for success in our future.... She lets me know what concerns her most about any situation we go through. I believe her best strength is her compassion. She in this with us not just treating. Not sure about any weaknesses, I suppose I wasn't focused on that so much
The clinic [CORM] is well staffed and the scheduling doesn't overlap too much so the wait time is minimal. Not aware of any weaknesses was not focused, I suppose had there been any major issues they would have stuck out....I feel like she truly cares about the results, as if she's rooting for us as much as our families. I feel like I can trust her to point us in the best direction. Even if were not sure we want to go the route she's suggesting she's not pushy but understanding. She understands the stress and hope that goes with this process.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
She lets me know what concerns her most about any situation we go through. I believe her best strength is her compassion. She in this with us not just treating. Not sure about any weaknesses, I suppose I wasn't focused on that so much. I just know I appreciated the time she spent helping me understand and be clear of our situation.
Be prepared for information. She's very thorough in everything she does so it's a lot to absorb.
I feel like she truly cares about the results, as if she's rooting for us as much as our families. I feel like I can trust her to point us in the best direction. Even if were not sure we want to go the route she's suggesting she's not pushy but understanding. She understands the stress and hope that goes with this process. I thank her for that and hope for success in our future.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is well staffed and the scheduling doesn't overlap too much so the wait time is minimal. Not aware of any weaknesses was not focused, I suppose had there been any major issues they would have stuck out.
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Candice O'Hern Perfetto] is very blunt while maintaining great bedside manner. She’s very personal with each patient and takes her time to explain any procedure. She’s a visual person like me so it’s nice to sit and watch her illustrate which makes it easier to understand in return.
Honestly, Center of Reproductive Medicine is an amazing clinic with no complaints. I’ve been to both the Memorial City and the TMC locations and both are well maintained and professional. Rooms are always clean. Equipment is sterile and up to date. The office overall is well decorated but not overdone.... Dr. Perfetto takes time to know every patient. Even going through her own pregnancy and coming back from maternity leave, she was up to date of everything that happened when I came back for my follow up.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She is very blunt while maintaining great bedside manner. She’s very personal with each patient and takes her time to explain any procedure. She’s a visual person like me so it’s nice to sit and watch her illustrate which makes it easier to understand in return.
Just be honest and upfront about your situation so that she can do her best to recommend the best treatment plan for you.
So far the only thing I’ve had done with Dr. Perfetto is the removal of my left tube and my right tube being diagnosed non functional. My next step in my journey is IVF but financially it’s a procedure still ways to go.
Attentive. Caring. Passionate.
Describe your experience with CORM.
In total, my IVF procedure would cost $20k.
I have not yet made it this far.

Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr.Perfetto] explained everything very good. There was no rush in the appointments. She mentioned the pro's & con's of every treatment as well as realistic chances. Also was very open about the question to continue treatment or not....Unfortunately, all treatments did not result in any pregnancy. She adjusted the treatment and drug dose every cycle....Unfortunately, the staff [CORM] was not always aware of the facts that have been discussed between me and the doctor.
Unfortunately, the staff [CORM] was not always aware of the facts that have been discussed between me and the doctor. Therefore, we had several disputes on the phone because they wanted to make an appointment for treatments that were not necessary. Overall, I felt the staff was not up to date with my file....I did not feel well handled on the phone when appointments were asked for treatments that were not necessary.... eSET was preferred
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She explained everything very good. There was no rush in the appointments. She mentioned the pro's & con's of every treatment as well as realistic chances. Also was very open about the question to continue treatment or not.
she always took all the time we needed to discuss every detail
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Miriam)
Unfortunately, the staff was not always aware of the facts that have been discussed between me and the doctor. Therefore, we had several disputes on the phone because they wanted to make an appointment for treatments that were not necessary. Overall, I felt the staff was not up to date with my file.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Please see evaluation of staff in general. The staff was not aware of things that were kind of out of the routine in my case. I did not feel well handled on the phone when appointments were asked for treatments that were not necessary.
$3.500 per cycle
eSET was preferred

Treated 2017 - 2018
I felt like a human because she sincerely showed empathy for my unique situation of infertility....Dr. Schnell completely understands my situation and goes above and beyond to make my husband and I comfortable. She knows and understands that we had a traumatic lose of an unborn baby. So we know that we are in great hands with Dr. Shnell....She is great at what she does and is as though she is apart of your family.... The clinic is as far as I understand and experienced strong on every aspect.
The clinic [CORM] is as far as I understand and experienced strong on every aspect. They have to be considering the issues surrounding every couple that is wanting and trying to expand their family. Only thing I would say is that for parents that bring their kids along for appointments, there should be some place for the kids to sit and wait....Very detail oriented and personable to every patients needs.... Dr. Schnell completely understands my situation and goes above and beyond
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She is great at what she does and is as though she is apart of your family.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
Very detail oriented and personable to every patients needs.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is as far as I understand and experienced strong on every aspect. They have to be considering the issues surrounding every couple that is wanting and trying to expand their family. Only thing I would say is that for parents that bring their kids along for appointments, there should be some place for the kids to sit and wait.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Perfetto had an amazing bedside manner and always made me feel like I was involved. I trusted her recommendations and did not feel pressured to rush to ivf like I did at other clinics. She also saw me at most of my visits and made sure I always knew our next steps...We did oral and injectable iui
The doctors in this office [C.O.R.M. - Houston] see their patients almost every time and make an effort to be the primary doctor...The nurses did a good job conveying dr. Perfetto's plan...We did oral and injectable iui...is a smaller practice
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She is a smaller practice so she may not be the doctor you hear about, but she's the doctor worth finding.
Always felt like I was involved in decision making and never felt lost in the process
We did oral and injectable iui
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nurses did a good job conveying dr. Perfetto's plan
Describe your experience with CORM.
The doctors in this office see their patients almost every time and make an effort to be the primary doctor.
We did not do ivf, but she made it clear Eset is her primary goal with all patients
Houston
We were doing the IUI cycles [with Dr. Kathiresan] since I had problem with ovulation and PCOS. We didn't do the injectables since I was very young and had chances of multiples. We only did the pills and cycle monitoring. Our second cycle was successful...She is very patient and knowledgeable. She knows exactly what she is doing and very confident with her approach. She takes time to explain her patients the overall procedure.
The nurses and administrative staff [at CORM] are very sweet and very quick with appointments setup. Ashley has been very supportive and kind while answering my questions. She had always phoned the prescriptions to the pharmacy on time. The other staff has answered all my insurance related questions on time. The clinic has a very positive vibe overall...Clinic is very neat and clean. They have a very positive environment overall. They are always very quick with appointments setup and would answer all your questions that you may have. Before starting our treatment, they explained us all the costs that we would have to bear and all the parts that will be covered by our insurance
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Anu is one of the best doctors I have been to. She is very patient and knowledgeable. She knows exactly what she is doing and very confident with her approach. She takes time to explain her patients the overall procedure. She is amazing!
Be patient and trust your doctor!
Dr. Anu is one of the best doctors I have been to. She is very patient and knowledgeable. She knows exactly what she is doing and very confident with her approach. She takes time to explain her patients the overall procedure. The nurses and administrative staff are also very sweet and very quick with appointments setup. They had always phoned the prescriptions to the pharmacy on time and have answered all my insurance related questions on time. The clinic has a very positive vibe overall.
We were doing the IUI cycles since I had problem with ovulation and PCOS. We didn't do the injectables since I was very young and had chances of multiples. We only did the pills and cycle monitoring. Our second cycle was successful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
The nurses and administrative staff are very sweet and very quick with appointments setup. Ashley has been very supportive and kind while answering my questions. She had always phoned the prescriptions to the pharmacy on time. The other staff has answered all my insurance related questions on time. The clinic has a very positive vibe overall
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Kathiresan is very knowledgeable and supportive. She is very organized and has her nurse go over my treatment plan everytime. ... She explains what she is doing during procedures and helps me understand results. ... I haven’t gone through an IVF cycle yet, but she recommends sungle embryo transfer because the success rate is so high now.
Very professional, clean, and quiet. Children are not allowed because of the sensitive nature of visits. I really appreciate that. Usually runs on time, rarely wait. Difficult to find an office number online. ... CORN [CORM] tries to accommodate appointments around my work schedule. ... [nurse] Answered my questions and walked me through procedures. She performed my 1st IUI.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan is very knowledgeable and supportive. She is very organized and has her nurse go over my treatment plan everytime. CORN tries to accommodate appointments around my work schedule. She explains what she is doing during procedures and helps me understand results.
Set up a consult appointment, even if you’re just thinking about fertility treatment. There’s no commitment until you’re ready and I learned a lot about what options are available to me.
I felt like a human because she and the nurses always answered my questions and listened to my concerns.
1st IUI: 2.5mg Letrozole for 5 days, Ovidril shot, Estradiol, progesterone suppositories. Negative Hcg test. 2nd IUI: 5mg Letrozole for 5 days, Gonal shot 37.5mg for 3 days, progesterone supplements. Positive Hcg test &gt;5 but &gt;25. 2nd Hcg test negative. 3rd IUI: Letrozole 7.5 mg, Gonal shot 75 mg, progesterone suppositories. Positive Hcg test but &lt;25. 2nd Hcg test &gt;25 but not doubling, 3rd Hcg test negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
For preliminary appointments and tests, $60 copay through insurance. IUI cycle each cost about $2500 including prescriptions. The prescription company they recommend was actually extremely cheaper than my insurance!

Treated 2020
We know the odds are stacked against us but we keep in mind if this cycle isn't successful, Dr. Katherisean said she'll evaluate and make any changes needed to improve our chances at a second cycle treatment. Her determination to give us the best chance to succeed really validated why we chose her as our doctor...She is very understanding, personable, I don't feel rushed or uncomfortable asking questions...We hope to start our first treatment cycle soon and we're confident we'll be in the best hands.
The staff [at CORM] has been kind and welcoming. In order to get a hold of anyone beyond setting an appointment, you must leave a voicemail. They will return your call fairly quickly if it's made in the morning or early in the day...We hope to start our first treatment cycle soon and we're confident we'll be in the best hands. We know the odds are stacked against us but we keep in mind if this cycle isn't successful, Dr. Katherisean said she'll evaluate and make any changes needed to improve our chances at a second cycle treatment. Her determination to give us the best chance to succeed really validated why we chose her as our doctor.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Research and prepare questions in advance, don't be afraid to discuss everything you may think is important for her to know.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The staff has been kind and welcoming. In order to get a hold of anyone beyond setting an appointment, you must leave a voicemail. They will return your call fairly quickly if it's made in the morning or early in the day.