Beaumont
281.332.0073
1015 Medical Center Blvd
Webster, TX 77598

Success w/ Doc 5 Eggs Frozen
once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor [Dr. Vicki Schnell] and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained...she didn't seem to be paying a whole lot of attention to my case, there was never any such information shared with me, or any discussions about what I'd like to do...She was very personable, but rushed through explanations. Being extra friendly and enthusiastic turned to disappearance once I had my baseline.
You might deal with completely different people each time [at CORM]. It doesn't seem they communicate well amongst themselves, and they definitely don't communicate with you. The doctor is hardly present in the most stressful parts (i.e., the whole cycle)...My baseline was done by a trainee without me knowing, then a trainer entering halfway through, not introducing themself, and both talking about technique while taking a really long time as if I wasn't even there, or they weren't using my vagina and ovaries. There was no result communicated, verbally or electronically. Later, once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
She was very personable, but rushed through explanations. Being extra friendly and enthusiastic turned to disappearance once I had my baseline. When I raised concerns with her she had quick irrelevant excuses, like "well that nurse is having a hard time at home, she's going to school and has all these kids," or saying that "well most women are already informed about how to read portal results because they do a lot of research and have support there, but i guess with egg freezing it's not the same." When I mentioned the awful experienced of having a trainee do my baseline ultrasound with no notification and taking forever, she blamed the techs being young and immature, and said she was glad to know this, but when I went in for the next ultrasound the same trainee walked in! I never saw her after initial consultations, and even while she claimed there is always a nurse around to talk to after ultrasounds, there was never anyone. I have no idea why she chose the protocols she did, why she made the one adjustment she made, and what went into any decision, such as timing the trigger shot. She only had me go in twice for monitoring. During the consultation she raved about my AMH and how many follicles I had for my age, and that I wouldn't have to worry about more than one cycle of freezing--so why would it not occur to her to say something when only 6 eggs were responding? I really don't even know if she actually paid any attention, and when I saw her after the retrieval, she was totally oblivious and had to look up my results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Don't go. If you feel anything is a warning signal about her professionalism or preparation, believe your gut. She's nice and personable, but that means nothing in terms of actual outcomes. The moment she brushes off a comment or concern, or rushes through an explanation, you should believe what you heard and leave.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
At first I felt like a human, but that stopped once I was into the cycle and about to start stimulation. My baseline was done by a trainee without me knowing, then a trainer entering halfway through, not introducing themself, and both talking about technique while taking a really long time as if I wasn't even there, or they weren't using my vagina and ovaries. There was no result communicated, verbally or electronically. Later, once I started stimulation, I never heard from the doctor and never got information about the results of ultrasounds and blood testing--info about sizes were posted on the portal, but I had no understanding of the numbers and they were never explained. There was no nurse or doctor available during my ultrasounds, and only a follow up call from the nurse with instructions, but no info on what was happening with my eggs or what it meant. I asked multiple times by leaving a message with nurse triage (the only way to reach them) about the results, and only once on pressing the issue did the nurse give me a set of numbers (size) that explained nothing. I only went in for monitoring twice. When I called with questions about meds or anything, I'd sometimes get an impatient nurse who said things like "you should know how to mix medications by now"…even though I had been told I'd receive another training before the trigger shot. Another doctor performed the retrieval (expected) and literally stopped in the door for 3 seconds, said hi and asked no questions and offered no info, and I never saw him again. They booked me a follow up with the doc who did the procedure but who wasn't my doctor. When I told them he wasn't my doctor, they booked a followup with my doctor a full 3 weeks later. Because I was experiencing a lot of dizziness a week later, they had me come in early and I told the doctor all my concerns, but then I was referred to a customer care person and never again had any interaction with any doctors. They kept making me repeat all the things that were problematic (agreeing that all of it was problematic), collecting information for "quality control" but in the end did nothing to actually benefit me. Oh, and of course the lack of info about my ultrasound results were suspicious because I expected a much higher number of eggs, so when they saw that wasn't panning out, you'd think they'd tell me something. But since I never saw my Doctor once I'd started stimulation, and she didn't seem to be paying a whole lot of attention to my case, there was never any such information shared with me, or any discussions about what I'd like to do.
Describe the protocols Vicki Schnell used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
There were no rationales offered to me, and no info once I started stimulation. After first ultrasound (I started with 300 units Gonal F), I was to increase gonal f to 450 units daily. Didn't do another ultrasound until the 4th day after that, when I was told to trigger the next day. Met no actual nurses or doctors that whole time. There was no rationale given.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
There was one who was incredibly thorough and kind but I never met her and only communicated with her by Skype and email for information. The ones I dealt with once the cycle started were random and non-communicative, and one was even callous when answering my request for instructions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
You might deal with completely different people each time. It doesn't seem they communicate well amongst themselves, and they definitely don't communicate with you. The doctor is hardly present in the most stressful parts (i.e., the whole cycle). They would claim that "they always" do this or that, but don't. For example, I was given a quick review of how to do the trigger shot with the rest of my medicine training, but told they always go over that before I'd have to do it--never went over it, and I was shamed for calling nurse triage for information. I felt like I was bothering them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
$7500 for the egg freezing procedure. $40 for first appt (copay). Some copays on initial testing. Medication was purchased elsewhere.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
I already explained in my other answers. 1) none of my ultrasounds were explained, i wasn't informed that results during stims were disappointing, and i was given barely any information, choices, or autonomy during the process 2) some nurses were rude, shaming or made mistakes (I was was given conflicting instructions on meds to take) 3) techs were unprofessional and did not respect my rights to know who they were and what they were doing, treating my body like an training grounds. 4) doctor brushed off any errors, never really seemed to be paying attention to my case, and getting 5 frozen eggs out of 18 follicles, with no anticipated reasons for expecting such results, seems quite relevant to that lack of professionalism. 5) they admitted that all the things i found concerning were problems, when i told them, but they then used my time to take notes on their own process, but offered me nothing in return.

Treated 2014 - 2020
She [Dr Schnell] collaborated with other doctors to make sure that she stays up to date on everything and has tried everything she can for her patients...always made us feel like a human. She has invested so much time in us and hasn’t given up on us after 6 years of trying to conceive. The only time I feel like a number is when we have to pay. I would have hoped that we would get discounts for spending so much money with them but that hasn’t happened. Other than that, I love Dr. Schnell and CORM...is absolutely the best in her field. I trust her with my whole heart.
There has been times where they [CORM] have told me that I owed a certain amount, then when I went back to pay, they told me owed more because I did not have the credit on the account that they told me I did. One time they cancelled my appointment and didn’t tell me, so I took off from work and went there to find out that I didn’t have an appointment....I love how they always make you feel comfortable and the majority of the staff remembers you as a person. This makes it feel very personable. I do feel like at times it is hard to get ahold of the nurses. This use to not be the case. It seems like the recent nurses would rather txt me answers to my questions than call me back, which I don’t like. All of the doctors here are amazing.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell is absolutely the best in her field. I trust her with my whole heart. She collaborated with other doctors to make sure that she stays up to date on everything and has tried everything she can for her patients.
Patience is the key
Dr. Schnell always made us feel like a human. She has invested so much time in us and hasn’t given up on us after 6 years of trying to conceive. The only time I feel like a number is when we have to pay. I would have hoped that we would get discounts for spending so much money with them but that hasn’t happened. Other than that, I love Dr. Schnell and CORM
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
Over the years I feel like this clinic has struggled with great nurses. There have only been 2 nurses that I have trusted over the 6 years I have been with them. They have moved these nurses to their other clinics ☹️. Some of their newer nurses have given me wrong information, which was terrible considering how sensitive and important every step of the process is. I feel like CORM has made adjustments when things like this has happened (those nurses no longer work there) but this is a field where you cannot make mistakes.
Too much to say
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
There has been times where they have told me that I owed a certain amount, then when I went back to pay, they told me owed more because I did not have the credit on the account that they told me I did. One time they cancelled my appointment and didn’t tell me, so I took off from work and went there to find out that I didn’t have an appointment.

Treated 2019 - 2020
She [Dr. Schnell] is very busy but was always very thorough with us and always said how much she wanted this to work since we had been through so much!...helped us get pregnant after 5 years of trying and two failed attempts at another clinic! She was very thorough and specific when going through all of our procedures and medicines...She used some different protocols and medicines that my other clinic did not use. We did do a mock cycle to see when my uterus was at its prime and I wasn’t on as much medicine as my previous cycles.
It felt like they [staff at CORM] were always on top Of everything! Very welcoming and supportive. I never felt like my questions were stupid and they always returned my calls in a timely manner! They were so accommodating. One time my mom was with me and my dad was in waiting room and they let them Both...in my room so they could see our baby on the screen! We are very pleased with the clinic!...They [nurses] were always smiling and positive! You could tell they enjoyed their jobs and wanted people to have success.
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
Dr. Schnell and her staff helped us get pregnant after 5 years of trying and two failed attempts at another clinic! She was very thorough and specific when going through all of our procedures and medicines. She came highly recommended by friends and family. We are very thankful for her and her team and would recommend them to anyone!!
She isn’t fluffy with bedside manner but she is very good at what she does and wants you to finally have tour dreams come true!
She is very busy but was always very thorough with us and always said how much she wanted this to work since we had been through so much!
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
They were always smiling and positive! You could tell they enjoyed their jobs and wanted people to have success.
Describe your experience with CORM.
It felt like they were always on top Of everything! Very welcoming and supportive. I never felt like my questions were stupid and they always returned my calls in a timely manner! They were so accommodating. One time my mom was with me and my dad was in waiting room and they let them Both cycle in my room so they could see our baby on the screen! We are very pleased with the clinic!
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at CORM.
I’m a teacher and I felt like they did anything they could to work around my schedule!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
We signed up for their Anniversary special so it was about 16k and free genetic testing on 10 embryos! Medicine was about another 4K!
Describe Vicki Schnell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
We did want to put in two embryos but she was always very cautious about this and encouraged us to do a single embryo with higher chances of success. As much as we wanted to do two we trusted her opinion over our feelings!!
Webster

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.

Treated 2020
We know the odds are stacked against us but we keep in mind if this cycle isn't successful, Dr. Katherisean said she'll evaluate and make any changes needed to improve our chances at a second cycle treatment. Her determination to give us the best chance to succeed really validated why we chose her as our doctor...She is very understanding, personable, I don't feel rushed or uncomfortable asking questions...We hope to start our first treatment cycle soon and we're confident we'll be in the best hands.
The staff [at CORM] has been kind and welcoming. In order to get a hold of anyone beyond setting an appointment, you must leave a voicemail. They will return your call fairly quickly if it's made in the morning or early in the day...We hope to start our first treatment cycle soon and we're confident we'll be in the best hands. We know the odds are stacked against us but we keep in mind if this cycle isn't successful, Dr. Katherisean said she'll evaluate and make any changes needed to improve our chances at a second cycle treatment. Her determination to give us the best chance to succeed really validated why we chose her as our doctor.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Research and prepare questions in advance, don't be afraid to discuss everything you may think is important for her to know.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Describe your experience with CORM.
The staff has been kind and welcoming. In order to get a hold of anyone beyond setting an appointment, you must leave a voicemail. They will return your call fairly quickly if it's made in the morning or early in the day.

Treated 2018 - 2020
Dr. Kathiresan felt strongly that we should only transfer a single embryo to help ensure a successful implantation. Because we had so many embryos, we would have many more opportunities to implant again if it failed. She was also concerned about the risks of carrying and delivering multiples...always explained everything to me in as much detail as I wanted and never rushed through our appointments even though I knew she had very busy days. Doctor Nps
I was supposed to be on birth control before a surgical procedure [at CORM]. I wasn't given a prescription but I remembered about a week before my surgery that my doctor had mentioned it when we originally scheduled it. When I called, the clinic scrambled to reschedule the surgery so it could still happen in that current cycle, rather than waiting for the following month after being on birth control. I also had a nurse call me the afternoon after my implantation asking if I was ready for the procedure the next day, despite having already had it done that morning.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan was very kind and patient. She made me feel comfortable to ask any questions and I always felt as though she was answering honestly and to the best of her ability. She did not sugar-coat my results even if they were bad news, which I appreciated, and did not hesitate to delay a procedure if it meant that it would be more successful in the long run.
Do research beforehand and ask all the questions you want.
Dr. Kathiresan always explained everything to me in as much detail as I wanted and never rushed through our appointments even though I knew she had very busy days.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
It felt like I was always talking to a different nurse, which worried me because it seemed like we weren't always on the same page. I had a few communication issues that resulted in scrambling to get a surgery scheduled or me having to repeatedly call to get my prescriptions sent to the correct pharmacy. Overall, everyone was very kind but I felt as though I had to stay on top of my own procedures to ensure things were done on time and as directly by Dr. Kathiresan. Maybe that is how they prefer to do things, but I wish I'd had a dedicated nurse or patient care tech to help follow along and make sure everything was running smoothly.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Because there are four offices, I think things can get a little confusing. The internal portal is helpful, but there is not really a standard for uploading the information. I struggled to keep all my information organized, especially in regards to medication.
Describe Anupama Kathiresan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
Dr. Kathiresan felt strongly that we should only transfer a single embryo to help ensure a successful implantation. Because we had so many embryos, we would have many more opportunities to implant again if it failed. She was also concerned about the risks of carrying and delivering multiples. We went back and forth a few times about whether we agreed and ultimately decided to follow her approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
I was supposed to be on birth control before a surgical procedure. I wasn't given a prescription but I remembered about a week before my surgery that my doctor had mentioned it when we originally scheduled it. When I called, the clinic scrambled to reschedule the surgery so it could still happen in that current cycle, rather than waiting for the following month after being on birth control. I also had a nurse call me the afternoon after my implantation asking if I was ready for the procedure the next day, despite having already had it done that morning.

Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Kathiresan showed me compassion like I had never received from any previous fertility doctor. She always took her time and explained everything in detail, stopped when I had questions, explained things several times if I did not understand, and always gave me the reasons behind her decisions and what she thought would be the best course of treatment. Her personalized care made me feel like she genuinely cared about my well being...made the entire process just a little bit easier...explained that a single embryo transfer was best in my situation, and that her practice preferred to only transfer one embryo at a time. I
practice [CORM] preferred to only transfer one embryo at a time...Everything always went smoothly. With the exception of one appointment that was removed in error. However, they were able to schedule me in within minutes with no interruption to my treatment. Make sure your appointments are always confirmed and there should not be any problems... the appointments always felt very personal, informative and I never left with questions. I was treated like an actual patient, not just a number...One lost appointment. But they were able to schedule me in within minutes.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
I am crying typing this. Dr. Kathiresan showed me compassion like I had never received from any previous fertility doctor. She always took her time and explained everything in detail, stopped when I had questions, explained things several times if I did not understand, and always gave me the reasons behind her decisions and what she thought would be the best course of treatment. Her personalized care made me feel like she genuinely cared about my well being. This is an extremely personal and emotional experience, and Dr. Kathiresan made the entire process just a little bit easier.
Understand this is a lengthy process. Be patient and take it one day at a time.
The first two clinics I chose always felt too busy. Every time I went in for an appointment, whether it was for blood work and ultrasound or a doctor consult, the waiting room was always full of patients. I always felt rushed during my appointments. With Dr. Kathiresan, the appointments always felt very personal, informative and I never left with questions. I was treated like an actual patient, not just a number.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Dr. Kathiresan explained that a single embryo transfer was best in my situation, and that her practice preferred to only transfer one embryo at a time. I was hesitant at first, because the prior two clinics always pushed for two embryos. Once she explained the rationale, pros and cons to single embryo transfer, I understood the approach.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
One lost appointment. But they were able to schedule me in within minutes.

Success w/ Doc 16 Eggs Frozen
This clinic [CORM- Houston] was very well-organized, and everyone I met was very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable about the process. They saw patients in a timely fashion and were easy to work with. There are also multiple locations that are all easily accessible...$7500 for the entire process except for medications for egg freezing...She [Dr. Anupama Kathiresan] was very empathetic and understanding toward my goals for egg freezing and presented the information to me in a way that was helpful but also realistic...Though I am a physician as well, she was able to navigate our patient-doctor relationship flawlessly (which is notoriously hard to do when the patient is also in the healthcare field as doctors/nurses make some of the toughest patients!). She is caring, thoughtful, and clearly works toward optimizing the chances for success for her patients - even if that means having difficult conversations rather than simply reassuring you that "everything will work out fine!" If you are looking for someone to guide you through this tough journey, whether it's infertility issues or fertility preservation, I couldn't recommend Dr. Kathiresan more as your REI doctor.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan was a phenomenal doctor and I'm so grateful I found her to take me through this overwhelming and emotional process. She was empathetic and optimistic toward reaching our goals but also very realistic in setting expectations and ensuring that I was fully informed about every step of the process and the chances of success. Though I am a physician as well, she was able to navigate our patient-doctor relationship flawlessly (which is notoriously hard to do when the patient is also in the healthcare field as doctors/nurses make some of the toughest patients!). She is caring, thoughtful, and clearly works toward optimizing the chances for success for her patients - even if that means having difficult conversations rather than simply reassuring you that "everything will work out fine!" If you are looking for someone to guide you through this tough journey, whether it's infertility issues or fertility preservation, I couldn't recommend Dr. Kathiresan more as your REI doctor.
Ask questions!! Don't be afraid to speak up about what you need to know to feel comfortable with the process.
She was very empathetic and understanding toward my goals for egg freezing and presented the information to me in a way that was helpful but also realistic.
Describe your experience with CORM.
This clinic was very well-organized, and everyone I met was very friendly, personable, and knowledgeable about the process. They saw patients in a timely fashion and were easy to work with. There are also multiple locations that are all easily accessible.
$7500 for the entire process except for medications for egg freezing

Treated 2020
Dr Kathiresan was the greatest doctor we could have asked for. She has just enough empathy without it being overkill and is such a straight shooter with the facts and information. I like someone who is not going to sugar coat it to me. I want to know options, recommendations, risks, etc. She always let us choose our own path without judgement after giving her recommendations. I always felt like I was in good hands with her and everyone at the office. Never had a bad experience
We did medicated Egg retreival [at CORM]...We ended up with 20+ eggs, and over 6 PGS tested normal embryos. I had to have uterine polyps removed before our frozen embryo transfer...they [nurses] were all informative and very sweet!...I think the clinic as a whole was great. Only suggestion would be to have the call backs a little shorter on the nurse triage line. Sometimes I just had a quick question but would have to wait 8 hours for a response from the nurse triage.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
To just meet with a couple of doctors and see who you like more. We liked Dr K much more than the other doctors
Describe the protocols Anupama Kathiresan used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
We did medicated Egg retreival using lupron, gonal F, and cetrotide I think? We ended up with 20+ eggs, and over 6 PGS tested normal embryos. I had to have uterine polyps removed before our frozen embryo transfer which Dr. K performed. Then once healed after that, we started the FET cycle. I was taking estradiol pills, estradiol patches, progesterone suppositories, and progesterone in ethyl oleate injections. It all went by very quickly and worked the first transfer :)
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
they were all informative and very sweet!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
I think in total for medications, IVF retrieval, FET, and a surgery to remove uterine polyps we spent around $30K. Without the surgery it was about $25K for all medications and everything.
Dr K recommends and I believe only allows single emrbyo transfers.
Memorial City
Treated 2019 - 2020
Dr. Kathiresan was wonderful! Very knowledgeable and clear on what needed to be done in order to make our process successful. She was kind and eased all of our concerns. I am so grateful we chose her to walk with us through all of this!...During the retrieval stage I was on the growth hormone ( due to my low amh), gonal f, Cetrotide and dhea...I then did a hysteroscopy, then an ERA (which came back that I needed extra time on Progesterone. During the transfer cycle, I was on Estrace, Pio, Endometrium, Estrogen patches, Lovonox, and baby Aspirin.
The nursing staff are nice and efficient [at CORM]...The clinics I went to were in great locations. They were clean and everyone was friendly. The only down side is you can wait a bit if they get backed up with patients. Overall, I had a great experience at both clinics...During the retrieval stage I was on the growth hormone ( due to my low amh), gonal f, Cetrotide and dhea. I am not sure of the other medication. I then did a hysteroscopy, then an ERA (which came back that I needed extra time on Progesterone. During the transfer cycle, I was on Estrace, Pio, Endometrium, Estrogen patches, Lovonox, and baby Aspirin.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Ask whatever question you want, she will be happy to explain it all to you. There is no stupid questions and you are going to want to make sure you leave without anything up in the air.
Dr. Kathiresan, took her time to really answer any questions or concerns we had. She was honest and straight forward but she was never cold. She was kind and very helpful to us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nursing staff are nice and efficient.
Houston

Dr. Kathiresan took her time with me at every visit and didn't make me feel rushed. She listened to my concerns, patiently answered my questions, and tailored treatment to my concerns/needs...She was direct and up-front with me about treatment plans, success rates that I could expect, side effects of medications, and risks of treatment. She was able to provide sound clinical reasoning for all of her medical decision-making. She struck me as professional with excellent clinical skills. I would refer anyone I know to her without hesitation.
staff [at CORM] was highly professional and welcoming. No complaints here...A medicated cycle with monitoring without IUI was $1275. IUI was an extra $400. Sperm freezing was offered to us at $800... The offices have a home-y feel and a child-free waiting room...There is a nursing triage line for non-urgent questions during normal business hours and an option to page the physician on weekends for emergencies.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan impressed me greatly with her bedside manner, expertise and communication. I felt I could ask her anything, and no question was too trivial for her. She was direct and up-front with me about treatment plans, success rates that I could expect, side effects of medications, and risks of treatment. She was able to provide sound clinical reasoning for all of her medical decision-making. She struck me as professional with excellent clinical skills. I would refer anyone I know to her without hesitation.
Dr. Kathiresan is unlikely to give you an unrealistically rosy outlook on your chance of success with different forms of treatment. Not that I found her to be too negative, but I think she might have slightly undersold our chances of treatment success. I prefer my expectations to be set too low rather than too high, but don't expect excessive optimism. She is a fantastic physician with an excellent bedside manner though, and you'll be pleased with your choice.
I got pregnant after 1 cycle of Femara 5 mg daily on CD3-7, then Ovidrel to trigger and timed intercourse. Pregnancy is currently ongoing and healthy, now at 10 weeks. Femara was used to induce ovulation for my PCOS, Ovidrel was my trigger shot and no MFI so timed intercourse was sufficient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Jackson)
Ashley was the primary nurse I interacted with at CORM. She was excellent at providing prompt information, calling in my prescriptions, and responding to my questions. They have a nurse triage line for questions and I found that Ashley always responded to my non-urgent questions within a few hours. She was courteous, professional, and knowledgeable but willing to ask the doctor if I asked her something she didn't know. Similarly the rest of the staff was highly professional and welcoming. No complaints here.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic has multiple locations and flexible hours, which was really convenient for monitoring appointments! My spouse did his lab testing at a Saturday appt (available upon request), which was perfect for his busy weekday schedule. The offices have a home-y feel and a child-free waiting room, which I appreciated. There is a nursing triage line for non-urgent questions during normal business hours and an option to page the physician on weekends for emergencies.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
Infertility diagnosis was covered under my insurance, but treatment was not. A medicated cycle with monitoring without IUI was $1275. IUI was an extra $400. Sperm freezing was offered to us at $800.

Treated 2016 - 2019
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle...shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile...I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea.
The financial counselor [at CORM] gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication...The clinic is very private and the ambiance is very warm and inviting. They have on site lab, ultrasound machines, HSG testing and more. It helps when it’s a one stop clinic because you don’t have to travel to so many places. The one thing I would change is parking. It is kind of difficult to enter and exit and you also have to pay to park.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first consulted with Dr. Perfetto, she was very educational and explained the process in depth. We decided to do a medicated cycle and she told us step by step what to expect. Unfortunately the cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto wanted to increase my chances and we decided for surgery to remove uterine polyps before proceeding another cycle. Unfortunately, I was diagnosed with endometrial hyperplasia with atypia and could not proceed. During that crucial and devastating diagnosis, she was very empathetic and I felt she was on my side. She gave me options and didn’t leave me blindsided. After hormone therapy , I returned to her facility for further treatment. I wouldn’t choose anyone else for my care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
Dr. Perfetto’s shedule is busy but don’t be impatient. Seeing her is worthwhile.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
I felt like a human because she understood my struggles with PCOS and didn’t automatically weight shame me. She explains everything in terms I understand. Most important, when I was at my lowest point and received an unexpected diagnosis, she was empathetic and even called me to check and see if I was okay. I will always remember that.
Describe the protocols Candice O'Hern Perfetto used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
I was prescribed provera, one pill for 10 days to induce a cycle as I have amenorrhea. After my cycle, I went in for an ultrasound to check my uterine lining, I was then prescribed Letrozole to induce ovulation. During this process, we did have to up the dose and it worked. When I had an ultrasound with a follicle, I was instructed to trigger shot. I was given a calendar with instructions of every step of the way. After trigger, we timed intercourse based on instructions. We then waited two weeks for blood work which resulted in a negative pregnancy. During the two week wait, I was prescribed progesterone suppositories to help prevent miscarriage. After the negative test, I was instructed to discontinue progesterone suppositories.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM.
I remember a group of people caring for me. They were always ready to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM.
The financial counselor gave us a contract with options. The contract had the charges in writing and we were told upfront that it did not cover medication. This current time, the counselor provided an updated contract with updated pricing and we were once again told up front what was not included in the contract. Since my insurance doesn’t cover fertility, all my charges must be paid upfront with the contract. This is probably the most difficult part of this process. The contracts cost thousands of dollars upfront and it is heart wrenching when the funds are not available or limited.

Treated 2016 - 2019
Dr Crochet is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. He practices solely from research based techniques combined with the well being of his patients. He has made my treatment seemless and has walked hand in hand with me along the way ... For IUI stimulation my protocol was 10mg of letrozole for 5 days, 150mg menopur for 3 days, then Ovidrel trigger shot topped off with progesterone suppositories. For IVF stimulation I did Gonal-F, Cetrotide, and Novarel trigger, then the incorporation of baby aspirin, estrace, and progesterone suppositories.
The Clear Lake/Webster clinic [CORM] has a great response time to voice messages and/or emails sent. ... The Finance group is open to answering any questions and periodically offers suggestions for financing and things of that nature. The contracts are straight forward and easy to understand. I can’t think of anything that I would consider a weakness. ...The wait time is better than any other doctors office I’ve ever visited in that your appointments are handled promptly. The front desk ladies are always in the best mood and very helpful.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr Crochet is a compassionate and knowledgeable doctor. He practices solely from research based techniques combined with the well being of his patients. He has made my treatment seemless and has walked hand in hand with me along the way. Awesome doctor!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Crochet at CORM?
The one piece of advice that I would give a prospective patient is to ask a lot of questions and make sure that you understand the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr Crochet and his staff are very personable and attentive to their patients. There have been times when I have had questions and Dr Crochet has called me from his cell during his commute from one clinic to the next. Speaks volumes!
Describe the protocols John Crochet used in your cycles at CORM and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nursing staff is the best! They remember you by name so you don’t feel like a number at a “baby making factory”, are knowledgeable, soft spoken, give hugs, and truly empathize with the patients.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The Clear Lake/Webster clinic has a great response time to voice messages and/or emails sent. The wait time is better than any other doctors office I’ve ever visited in that your appointments are handled promptly. The front desk ladies are always in the best mood and very helpful. The Finance group is open to answering any questions and periodically offers suggestions for financing and things of that nature. The contracts are straight forward and easy to understand. I can’t think of anything that I would consider a weakness.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
The pricing of IUI procedures is reasonable in correlation to other clinics on the area at about $3000 plus the cost of medicines. The IVF contract is about $10,000 and about $4000 for FET plus the cost of medicines.
Describe John Crochet's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
Webster

He [Dr. Crochet] is very caring and takes his time with you. He has answered all my questions and explained everything I had a hard time understanding. He is very nice and makes you feel at ease. He is a very busy doctor so the wait is a long one to see him. But he do not rush you at all when he is with you. ... He only does one embryo transfer at a time. That is the new standard the clinic he is associated with has established.
The clinic [CORM] is a private clinic. It feels like a private doctors office more then a hospital. The staff are very kind. They have a large number of patients. The only thing with them is the hours of operation. They close at 4:30 pm so you have to take off of work every time you have to go there. ... The nurse did not get back to me with answers of some question me and my husband had called them with.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He is very caring and takes his time with you. He has answered all my questions and explained everything I had a hard time understanding. He is very nice and makes you feel at ease. He is a very busy doctor so the wait is a long one to see him. But he do not rush you at all when he is with you.
Bring all you questions to him and he will answer all of them during your appointment.
He is very caring and always takes his time with you. He answers all my questions and never makes me feel like he is in a hurry.
My treatment has not started yet. But the rough plan is IVF with hormone medication like Follistim among others. 3-4 weeks for the retrieval process and 2 weeks for the implantation process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
The nurses are nice. However they are very busy there so we really don't see them that often.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is a private clinic. It feels like a private doctors office more then a hospital. The staff are very kind. They have a large number of patients. The only thing with them is the hours of operation. They close at 4:30 pm so you have to take off of work every time you have to go there.
With IVF, genetic testing, medication, etc. the cost will be aound $25,500.00
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
The nurse did not get back to me with answers of some question me and my husband had called them with. They have also forgot to fax test results to another doctor before the appointment. We had to drive there personally to get a printout to take to our appointment.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr K [Kathiresan] was incredible! Infertility is such a miserable thing, but her compassion and patience made it a pleasant experience. I always looked forward to seeing her, as I always left feeling reassured and hopeful. She was always willing to answer questions, no matter how neurotic I got. She, more than any doctor I’ve known, looked so genuinely excited for us when we finally got our positive. I wouldn’t wish infertility on anyone, but if you have it- Dr K is the best choice you can make.
I liked it [CORM]. Scheduling was easy, everyone was nice. Lots of locations to choose from. We had to go down to Clear Lake for testing/procedures on the weekend, but it was worth the trip. The Memorial location was my favorite - I rarely had to wait for than a few minutes to be seen.... Ashley was incredible. She was so helpful and was such a sweetheart when she called to give me news, good or bad. She was attentive and was on top of everything throughout each cycle.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr K was incredible! Infertility is such a miserable thing, but her compassion and patience made it a pleasant experience. I always looked forward to seeing her, as I always left feeling reassured and hopeful. She was always willing to answer questions, no matter how neurotic I got. She, more than any doctor I’ve known, looked so genuinely excited for us when we finally got our positive. I wouldn’t wish infertility on anyone, but if you have it- Dr K is the best choice you can make.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. She’s super patient with them. She’ll give you realistic expectations and help keep you from getting catastrophizing or getting your hopes up.
We used Letrazole, Gonal F, and Ovridel. Doses were adjusted based on how my body performed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Describe your experience with CORM.
I liked it. Scheduling was easy, everyone was nice. Lots of locations to choose from. We had to go down to Clear Lake for testing/procedures on the weekend, but it was worth the trip. The Memorial location was my favorite - I rarely had to wait for than a few minutes to be seen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anupama Kathiresan at CORM.
A full IUI cycle was $1675 + meds.

Treated 2018 - 2019
The front desk staff [at CORM-Webster] are very polite and always greet you when you walk in. Check is very smooth and when you've had a sensitive appointment they'll actually sit there and comfort you. I broke down a couple of times and none of them were awkward or dismissive. The only weakness that I've experienced is that one of the financial assistants is very rude and cold.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
I was referred to Dr. Crochet in January of 2018 because my gyno diagnosed my fibroid and she felt he was more advanced to perform the surgery via the Da Vinci robot. From the first consultation with him to surgery day I always felt comfortable, he explained exactly what he was going to do. After recovering from surgery for about 6 months my husband and I both went back to Dr. Crochet to continue our path to becoming parents. Soon after it was discovered that my husband had very low numbers and Dr. Crochet put him on Clomid for 3 months. In January of 2019 we went back to test his numbers and they had significantly improved and we got the go ahead for our first IUI. We did our first IUI on March 16, 2019 and on March 29, 2019 it was confirmed that the treatment had failed.
Be patient and open minded.
I definitely felt like a human. Every consultation is personal, there's never any rushing or not listening. Dr. Crochet and his nurse are both very truthful and blunt while still being very compassionate.
Our treatment for IUI was 5 days of Letrozole, 2 rounds of Menopur and 1 round of Novarel.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I met Melissa when I went to sign our contract and pay the fees. I had spoken to her several times on the phone but to see her in person was such a relief, in a sense comforting. She is so nice and empathetic to the situation. If I had any questions I would leave a voicemail and it never took her more that an hour or two to call me back. She's always reachable and personable.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The front desk staff are very polite and always greet you when you walk in. Check is very smooth and when you've had a sensitive appointment they'll actually sit there and comfort you. I broke down a couple of times and none of them were awkward or dismissive. The only weakness that I've experienced is that one of the financial assistants is very rude and cold.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
Every copay is $50, surgery costs for Dr. Crochet were covered at a 100% by my insurance. The IUI procedure was about $1700 and medications all together cost around $500.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
Before surgery I had to get clearance from my primary care doctor, she in turn suggested I get my overall clearance from my cardiologist. A couple weeks before surgery I dropped off my patient summary and clearance from my cardiologist and when I went in for my consult Dr. Crochet had never received my paperwork and the front desk staff couldn't find it anywhere.

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM.

She [Dr. Schnell] has been very thorough with our testing and trying to rule out things before we start a new cycle. When we had bad news earlier in the day from the embryologist she personally called me to check and see how I was doing. She has been kind and encouraging in our short time with her. I truly believe she cares about and invests in her patients.... She did a very extensive blood screening, we each had genetic testing done, she recommended us to get our embryos tested
I think the clinic [CORM] is in a great location, has some really awesome doctors, nurses, and staff. We haven’t been there long but I like the atmosphere when I am there....I also love that they have a social media and share a lot of helpful information and success stories!... I have been in for a lot of blood work and had a few different nurses but all have been very friendly and helpful when it comes to questions!
How was your experience with Vicki Schnell at CORM?
We have only been with her since January, we wanted a second opinion and she had a lot of recommendations from friends and family. She has been very thorough with our testing and trying to rule out things before we start a new cycle. When we had bad news earlier in the day from the embryologist she personally called me to check and see how I was doing. She has been kind and encouraging in our short time with her. I truly believe she cares about and invests in her patients.
She is very to the point but you can tell she cares!
A family member told her our story and she called us to set up an appointment. She gave me her cell phone number and told me to call or text her anytime.
She did a very extensive blood screening, we each had genetic testing done, she recommended us to get our embryos tested since we had 3 already fail, she did a mock cycle where we had a hysteroscopy and an ERA biopsy. We are currently waiting on those results to see our next steps.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I think the clinic is in a great location, has some really awesome doctors, nurses, and staff. We haven’t been there long but I like the atmosphere when I am there. I have several friends who have had success stories with different doctors at this location and I am looking forward to ours! I also love that they have a social media and share a lot of helpful information and success stories! Although we haven’t been there long I would recommend them to those starting their journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vicki Schnell at CORM.
Our insurance doesn’t cover very much and we have a high deductible. Our mock cycle was about $1800 with medicine and the procedure I believe. Our genetic testing was about $800, embryo testing about $2200, and random blood work.
We have not got this far in our conversations!
Webster

we are using a HCG trigger shot to assist in the quality of my eggs as well as a Lupron antagonist protocol [with Dr. Candice O'Hern Perfetto] because there may be some underlying endometriosis/inflammation that we aren't aware of...makes you feel like you are part of a family and your care is important to her to the extent she will do everything she can based on the knowledge she has to help you achieve your potential. She even remembered or Skype conversation from a month previous when we met her in the office. I can't say I've had to many Dr.s do that especially in the fertility community.
Overall this clinic [CORM] has way more strengths than weaknesses and I would recommend it to anyone looking for compassionate and knowledgable fertility information and treatment...It seems as though there is a separate on call nurse or nurse that returns messages left vs. the Dr.s primary nurse. I believe there is going to be some turnover with the primary nurse so I can't say yet how this will affect my interactions with the clinic...
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
As a woman it is important to feel as though you are being treated the way a Dr. would treat their best friend or family member. Did you do your research? Did you explore all options and tests? Did you look at things that are new and maybe controversial at this time? I asked Dr. Perfetto if I was her best friend, sister, or daughter what would she recommend me do. Without hesitation I was given an answer and an explanation as to why. It's important that your Dr. doesn't always feel like they have every answer. It keeps them seeking new information and treatments in the area of their expertise. I explained my situation with my previous RE and how after failed IVF I was given the same protocol with no changes and no explanations. Dr. Perfetto immediately told me of research that had suggested that the protocol I had been on may not have been the best choice and explained why.
Be open, honest, and thorough in your history. That would be my recommendation for anyone doing IVF. Somethings you may not want to discuss or feel embarrassed about but with infertility you quickly lose your modesty and if the Dr. can have a full picture from the beginning they will be more equipped to help you achieve your goals/dreams.
Dr. Perfetto from the moment we first spoke with her made us feel like we were important and more than a number. It is important to us to be treated for our infertility and not just be treated for IVF. What I mean by that is whatever we can do to improve our fertility or find out why we are struggling it important to start there and not just do rounds of IVF with no answers and the same protocols. Dr. Perfetto makes you feel like you are part of a family and your care is important to her to the extent she will do everything she can based on the knowledge she has to help you achieve your potential. She even remembered or Skype conversation from a month previous when we met her in the office. I can't say I've had to many Dr.s do that especially in the fertility community.
I am starting my first treatment with Dr. Perfetto so I can't say quite yet how the outcome will be, however, I can say that we are using a HCG trigger shot to assist in the quality of my eggs as well as a Lupron antagonist protocol because there may be some underlying endometriosis/inflammation that we aren't aware of.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The strengths of this clinic are that the Dr. always preforms their own transfers, The billing is as simplified as you can get it so there are no hidden fees or potential for cancelled cycles due to unknown balances due, they are very open to questions and suggestions about your cycle and why or why not something might work for you. The weaknesses are nursing turnover. I don't think this happens a lot at this clinic but when it does happen there is always a transition period that is a little chaotic. Also, though very nice and helpful, being out of state I had to fax and upload all of my previous medical information for both my spouse and I. When I showed up for my in office appointment the intake girl had not forwarded any of my files or information to Dr. Perfetto. This is especially frustrating because she wasn't able to look at any of my previous cycle information prior to my visit. Which I specifically said if there was anything additional she needed to please let me know so I could make sure I provided it. I will say though that during the time we spoke with billing and her personal nurse she requested that information and reviewed it and came back with details on what protocol she recommended, why we were going to do things a little differently, etc. Rather than looking at it after we left (since I won't start my cycle for a another month or so) she immediately was on a plan for us. Overall this clinic has way more strengths than weaknesses and I would recommend it to anyone looking for compassionate and knowledgable fertility information and treatment.
The billing is simplified into charges for retrieval, transfer, PGS/PGD, etc. So it is not small amounts for individual procedures such as ultrasound, lab, nursing hours, etc. It makes it simple to pay for and there are no hidden fees that could potentially cancel a cycle for mishaps in the billing department. Some of the fees are high such as sperm cryopreservation and storage compared to other clinics I've seen or heard of but overall I think it's comparable.
Describe Candice O'Hern Perfetto's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at CORM.
I have no comments on eSET as I always do what my Dr. recommends. I did have a previous Dr. suggest transferring 3 embryos but if they all took we would have to make a selective deduction choice and so we declined to have three transferred. I understand both rationales for single vs multiple so unless there would be selective reduction I typically am fine with my Dr.s recommendation.
Houston

Never once did he [Dr. John Crochet] make me feel like a number. He is very personable and he makes me feel like he is my friend as well as my doctor. He is funny when needed and he is serious when needed. He makes me feel more at ease about this entire journey I'm going through... I did my first IUI right away, and did get pregnant. Unfortunately, it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy, and I had to have emergency surgery and get my right tube removed. Dr. Crochet performed my surgery and it went great. I just went to my post op appointment and even after being through something so traumatizing, Dr. Crochet STILL made me feel hopeful. I think that's pretty amazing and I'm lucky to have a doctor who cares so much.
All of the staff [at CORM] is really great. I suffer from anxiety, so I call up there a lot. They never make me feel silly for calling and having a lot of questions. You can tell they really enjoy what they're doing...My IUI was about $1,500 not including medications. The next round will be more expensive because we plan on adding Gonal F...This clinic is the best. I truly feel privileged I get to go there. Everyone is so nice and caring. I never feel like just a number. They remember my name and specific things from previous appointments. They are always steps ahead of me. I really can't say enough good things about this clinic.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
During my consultation, I told him everything. He felt for me and was passionate, while still remaining positive and confident. He has made me believe I WILL have a baby. He is the first person who ever gave me actual, real hope. I did my first IUI right away, and did get pregnant. Unfortunately, it resulted in an ectopic pregnancy, and I had to have emergency surgery and get my right tube removed. Dr. Crochet performed my surgery and it went great. I just went to my post op appointment and even after being through something so traumatizing, Dr. Crochet STILL made me feel hopeful. I think that's pretty amazing and I'm lucky to have a doctor who cares so much.
I would tell someone else to just trust him and know he has your best interests at heart.
Not only is the entire staff at CORM great, but Dr. Crochet is as well. Never once did he make me feel like a number. He is very personable and he makes me feel like he is my friend as well as my doctor. He is funny when needed and he is serious when needed. He makes me feel more at ease about this entire journey I'm going through.
During my first consultation, I told Dr. Crochet I was just finished taken Clomid prescribed by my OB. He did an ultrasound and discovered it was actually perfect timing for an IUI two days later, so we got to get started right away! Before I found out if I was pregnant or not, he found out from my bloodwork that I have very mild PCOS. He decided the next IUI cycle he would switch me to Letrozole and we would also go Gonal F injections to raise my chances. I did end up pregnant, but unfortunately it was ectopic. At first I was doing Methotrexate, and my bloodwork had indicated the treatment was working. Unfortunately, it ruptured and I had to have emergency surgery. Dr. Crochet is still confident we can conceive through IUI, and we plan to try again in July.
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Melissa )
All of the staff is really great. I suffer from anxiety, so I call up there a lot. They never make me feel silly for calling and having a lot of questions. You can tell they really enjoy what they're doing.
Webster
Dr. Perfetto did a wonderful job informing me about the tests and processes but sometimes I would leave and go home then think of something else. ... After about 3 vists and initial testing, we figured out I was suffering from a miscarriage due to an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto made me feel like I was a priority. She called me on the phone personally to explain what was happening and guided me through it.
I will admit, in the beginning, it was very difficult to get a hold of someone to confirm a new patient appointment for me. However, after I did my initial consultation, the communication was much better. ... The entire nursing staff at CORM has been nothing but helpful to me. From answering all the questions, to returning my frantic phone calls, and even helping me with my payment/bill options. Any time I needed them, I would call the triage line and leave a message and they would always get back to me that day no matter how busy they were. Everyone I have worked with has wonderful bedside manner and made me feel nothing but welcomed. I cannot comment on any of their weaknesses because I have yet to observe any.
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
When I first went to visit Candice Perfetto for a consultation, I was nervous. After about 3 vists and initial testing, we figured out I was suffering from a miscarriage due to an ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto made me feel like I was a priority. She called me on the phone personally to explain what was happening and guided me through it. She even gave me her cell phone number and told me I could call her if I had any questions or concerns. She checked on me consistently and made me feel a little less horrible about the situation at hand. She has wonderful bedside manner and is very caring and compassionate. She even has an instagram dedicated to inform her followers about infertility and all the things that accompany it.
Ask a ton of questions. There is no such thing as a silly question. Dr. Perfetto did a wonderful job informing me about the tests and processes but sometimes I would leave and go home then think of something else. Don't hesistate to call the office and leave a message to speak to the nurses. They will 100% call you back and help you with anything you need.
When I first went to Dr. Perfetto (after my initial consultation) I was going through a miscarriage/ectopic pregnancy. Dr. Perfetto called me personally to check on me, tell me information, and remained consistently worried about me through the entire process. I know she had tons of patients, but she truly made me feel like I was a priority.
Describe your experience with CORM.
I will admit, in the beginning, it was very difficult to get a hold of someone to confirm a new patient appointment for me. However, after I did my initial consultation, the communication was much better. The clinic is so inviting and cozy. You don't feel so much as though you are at a hospital. The waiting room kind of reminds me of my own living room with a big comfy couch and television always on. They even have snacks at the counter for you when you leave! The bathroom and facilities have always been top-notch clean and no complaints from me.
Unfortunately, being a teacher, nothing is covered under my insurance. Not medicine, not testing, not clinic visits and definitely not consultations. It definitely is a costly thing to go through. Our office visits range from from 175-300. Our medications cost around 1,200. Our IUI's range from 2,000 to 3,000 depending on the management cycle suggested.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

Treated 2017 - 2019
Dr Crochet is a very considerate and supportive doctor. He is not willing to give up and try different styles to ultimately give us a baby. We absolutely believe he is the best dr for us. We have had some issues with the clinic but decided to go through round 3 with them again just because we didn’t want to lose dr crochet... He spends a lot of time with us going over each detail and has been compassionate about our loses. He is constantly striving to get us pregnant through different techniques to advising about special diet plans and such. His office has had some hiccups which we were not happy with but because of him we have continued this journey into yet another cycle and couldn’t imagine going through this with any other dr.
[The staff at CORM] told us to begin regimen and order the prescriptions to begin the cycle and then billing stepped in and cancelled due to a change in our insurance and stated the claim was submitted when it was not...delayed us goin on 3 weeks now...Their strengths are their doctors, weaknesses are billing and communication. I don’t like that you have to call and never speak to anyone and hope you get a return call. The lab updates are on par, billing and insurance is lacking in Communication and explaining things clearly
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Dr crochet is so kind and considerate. He spends a lot of time with us going over each detail and has been compassionate about our loses. He is constantly striving to get us pregnant through different techniques to advising about special diet plans and such. His office has had some hiccups which we were not happy with but because of him we have continued this journey into yet another cycle and couldn’t imagine going through this with any other dr.
We promise you will love him
Different drugs and doses and latest diet to help me achieve a better outcome to a different sperm donor to a different regimen this round
Quick in and out
Currently at around 66k and not done yet
He prefers single transfer of healthy normal eggs
Describe the specific things that went wrong at CORM.
They told us to begin regimen and order the prescriptions to begin the cycle and then billing stepped in and cancelled due to a change in our insurance and stated the claim was submitted when it was not. Rx paid for expired and delayed us goin on 3 weeks now.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Crochet took the time to get to know us as a couple and as patients. He has a great bedside manner and remembered conversations we had prior. He tells it like it is, and helped us get the results we were looking for!...Strengths - helped us get pregnant! incredibly smart, calming manner Weakness - you don't always see Dr. Crochet at each visit, it's definitely usually the nurses, he "tells it like it is" We liked the facetime with Dr. Crochet and moved our schedule to when he was available.
$10,000 for IVF egg retrieval [at CORM], $4,500 for embryo transfer, medications were separate. Cycle restart fee was $500 or $800...Single Embryo Transfer - CORM has a policy to only put one embryo back in for the health of the mother...The clinic doesn't always have the most updated paperwork - billing. I paid for a visit, but it wasn't reflected in their notes, so I had them look into it and even saved my receipts. Take advantage of any promos or discounts offered through CORM - ex. 25% off for their anniversary promo. The clinic was creative in getting ways to cover certain visits or procedures, when Infertility isn't covered under my plan, so that was a huge help!
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
Stick with the plan he recommends and be ready for adjustments if needed. All the poking and prodding is worth it in the end.
I have PCOS and high AMH levels. We did 2 injectible IUI's that were not successful. My husband and I decided to move on to IVF after the 2nd failed IUI, as the results are much better. I'm glad we did cause we put that $ from what've would've been the 3rd IUI, towards IVF and it worked on the first try!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
Nursing staff was great. Try to call before 2:30/3pm to get a call back the same day. They did the prior authorizations for my prescriptions ahead of time (before IVF) so I wasn't as stressed battling the insurance companies, when the time came to fill the prescription. They faxed it to local pharmacies, specialty pharmacies, and mail order. They answered my many questions and re-assured me when I needed it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
$10,000 for IVF egg retrieval, $4,500 for embryo transfer, medications were separate. Cycle restart fee was $500 or $800.
Webster
I saw 4-5 specialists in Houston before seeing her [Dr. O'Hern Perfetto] and we love her her!... we are ready to start letrazole with an IUI per her recommendation, as well as a low dose steroid for my case...She’s personable and super nice. Very knowledgeable...relatable...really loves what she does. She has an Instagram that really raises awareness about infertility and she’s always so honest and nice. You can see how much she cares about her patients and about what she does
I’ve had minimal contact with the nursing staff [at CORM] but from the contact I did have they were very nice and helpful...For every cycle of IUI it will cost us 2,700-3000$ approximately...The cost for IVF there was 14,500$ without the meds...This clinic is by far the best one I have been to in Houston. They are quick to answer, work with your schedule, and they are nice and compassionate. They respect your time as well. I don’t really have any other comments as of right now. My only thing would be to definitely ask about the pricing up front which they are really good at
How was your experience with Candice O'Hern Perfetto at CORM?
She’s personable and relatable. She’s knowledgeable and really loves what she does. She has an Instagram that really raises awareness about infertility and she’s always so honest and nice. You can see how much she cares about her patients and about what she does
Go see her! I saw 4-5 specialists in Houston before seeing her and we love her her! Be honest, voice your concerns
She’s personable and super nice. Very knowledgeable
I had tried clomid in the past under the care of another physician and it did not work. She explained why letrazole would be a better fit but since I was not having a period (2 years without a period when I saw her), she recommended we start wth progesterone every month for 10 days and I got a period for the first time in 2 years! I may not be ovulating but I have a period and we are ready to start letrazole with an IUI per her recommendation, as well as a low dose steroid for my case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
I’ve had minimal contact with the nursing staff but from the contact I did have they were very nice and helpful
Describe your experience with CORM.
While the ultrasound and consult were covered by my insurance, none of the actual fertility costs are covered. For every cycle of IUI it will cost us 2,700-3000$ approximately. She did inform us that we could try IUI 3 times before she would recommend doing IVF. The cost for IVF there was 14,500$ without the meds.
I haven’t talked to her in great detail about this yet because we will be trying IUI first. From what I understand, she does single embryo transfers due to risk
Treated 2018 - 2019
The clinic [CORM] was small and intimate. I felt like we were seen and each of the staff knew us and our history each time we visited. On the weekends, the staff rotate at the surgical center so we would often see a familiar face if an appointment landed on the weekend. Even the administrative/insurance department recalled our files and were so helpful getting any issues resolved with my insurance company and explained everything thoroughly.
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
I did extensive research on the infertility clinics in Houston before I visited anyone. CORM and Dr. Kathiresan was on the top of my list as not only was her background impressive, but so were her colleagues and I knew in the field that your care may be in the hands of one of the other doctors if your appointment landed on a weekend. We ended up consulting a different infertility clinic at the recommendation of our OB. While that clinic was professional, my husband and I felt uneasy about the volume of patients each time we visited where we felt like just a number. I went with my gut and sought a second consultation with Dr. Kathiresan at CORM. Everyone at CORM was warm and the office had an intimate setting. Education is also important to me and Dr. Kathiresan was very informative and made sure we knew our options at each step of the way. With infertility being such a personal and possibly painful topic, you want your care to be at a place that sees you are more than just business. She rooted for us and considered our embryos as precious as we did. It was clear that she cared not only for a successful pregnancy but that we were comfortable, meaning nothing was ever rushed or pressured.
Research the entire clinic, not just the primary doctor for your care, including their lab if they have one. Make sure you're absolutely comfortable with your doctor and nurses where you can bring up any issues or questions. See multiple doctors until you find the one you're comfortable with.
The clinic was small and intimate. I felt like we were seen and each of the staff knew us and our history each time we visited. On the weekends, the staff rotate at the surgical center so we would often see a familiar face if an appointment landed on the weekend. Even the administrative/insurance department recalled our files and were so helpful getting any issues resolved with my insurance company and explained everything thoroughly.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Only a handful of doctors meant that I could research all of them and felt comfortable with all of them. Their rotating staff on the weekends meant that if I had a weekend appointment, I usually saw a familiar face at the surgical center. They also have their own storage facility and lab for the embryos. Their surgical center is located in Clear Lake with plenty of parking.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with John Crochet at CORM.

Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Crochet] has an amazing bedside manner. Even though I didn't see him often because he went to other clinics, he always knew what was happening with me. So when I did see him again, he never missed a beat and knew everything. ... Weaknesses - I wish I saw my dr more often than I did. I saw him in the beginning and the end when I had a miscarriage. But he was there and talked with us before he performed the d&c.
Strength - they [CORM] give you hope that other clinics couldn't. They really do try to get you pregnant. They always have someone on call when something happens after hours which I did have to utilize a couple of times. Weaknesses - I wish I saw my dr more often than I did. ... It's just 1 older nurse who gave me the wrong phone number to a facility to do genetic testing on our embryo after miscarriage.
How was your experience with John Crochet at CORM?
He has an amazing bedside manner. Even though I didn't see him often because he went to other clinics, he always knew what was happening with me. So when I did see him again, he never missed a beat and knew everything.
Know that you may not see him, but no matter where he is, he knows and is updated about you and test results.
unknown
Describe your experience with your nurse at CORM. (Assigned nurse: Taylor and Jordan)
only 1 lady in the whole practice didn't make me feel comfortable as if she couldn't remember me and my situation. The other nurses all know about me and my situation. So I didn't have to keep reminding them of what happened and what i'm there for. They already know - except this older nurse. Taylor and Jordan have been amazing as well as the rest whom I can't remember their names.
Describe your experience with CORM.
Strength - they give you hope that other clinics couldn't. They really do try to get you pregnant. They always have someone on call when something happens after hours which I did have to utilize a couple of times. Weaknesses - I wish I saw my dr more often than I did. I saw him in the beginning and the end when I had a miscarriage. But he was there and talked with us before he performed the d&c.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Crochet at CORM.
$1675 for an IUI. $50 copay as a specialist with my insurance after and before the IUI cost. No one told me how much medication would be outside of the IUI procedure cost.
Webster

Dr.Kathiresan was very gentle and explained all of my options and was my pushy about which options to do. It was our choice of what we are comfortable with. Dr. Kathiresan did give us her professional advice of what would be best for us in our IVF journey.... Felt like a human she answered all my questions was not pushy understood how I felt about my previous treatment with IVF.
The clinic [CORM] is very quiet, clean, organized and the privacy is a big plus. The communication is also a big plus. If you have other paper work from another clinic the transfer is very smooth transfer. The nursing staff, financial department and other staffs are very professional.... The Egg donor or egg retrieval and any other testing that will be needing cost roughly around 23,200
How was your experience with Anupama Kathiresan at CORM?
Dr. Kathiresan is a heartwarming, passionate, honest, great dr. that takes her time in explaining your personal plan of successfully conceiving a baby.
At this time we just did consultation and lab work, and ultrasound
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at CORM.
They were all welcoming and polite and answered all my questions and if they did not have an answer by the end of my visit my questions were answered.
Describe your experience with CORM.
The clinic is very quiet, clean, organized and the privacy is a big plus. The communication is also a big plus. If you have other paper work from another clinic the transfer is very smooth transfer. The nursing staff, financial department and other staffs are very professional. The time you walk in until the time you walk out of you appointment makes you feel like you are the only person they are attending to.
Not at this time