7.2

3420 Carmel Mountain Road, Ste 200
San Diego, CA 92121
858-267-4365

2021, Unsuccessful
Dr. Wood talked to me and my husband as a couple who really wanted to grow their family. I was not defined by my age, diagnosis or previous challenges in fertility treatment. I feel like he was realistic, while being honest and caring...I feel like we received a truly individualized treatment plan that was right for us, and he was open to our feedback.
The [Gen 5 Fertility Center] staff from front desk to finance to nursing was all very friendly and supportive. The only weakness is after having an unsuccessful cycle, we felt a little neglected. We never heard from the Nurse or Doctor after our embryo had come back abnormal, had to request an appointment from a genetic counselor.
How was your experience with Samuel Wood at Gen 5 Fertility Center?
Dr. Wood was kind and encouraging throughout the process. He answered all of our questions and was incredibly knowledgeable. I feel like we received a truly individualized treatment plan that was right for us, and he was open to our feedback.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Wood at Gen 5 Fertility Center?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions! He knows a lot and is such an amazing resource.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Wood at Gen 5 Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Samuel Wood used in your cycles at Gen 5 Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did a mini IVF cycle with Dr. Wood, which was completely appropriate given my situation. (In my 40s, 3-4 follicles) He was able to retrieve 2 eggs, 1 of which made a beautiful embryo and PGS testing. Unfortunately, it was found to be abnormal so we did not do a transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gen 5 Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Melissa )
The entire nursing staff was so friendly and helpful, which helped relieve some of the stress of going through fertility treatments. Melissa was very communicative throughout the process and even helped sort out confusion with the pharmacy well after office hours.
Describe your experience with Gen 5 Fertility Center.
Dr. Wood is very experienced and passionate about the work that he does. We listened to us and loved that he personalized a plan for us. The staff from front desk to finance to nursing was all very friendly and supportive. The only weakness is after having an unsuccessful cycle, we felt a little neglected. We never heard from the Nurse or Doctor after our embryo had come back abnormal, had to request an appointment from a genetic counselor. It was tough news to hear and it would’ve been nice to have at least had one follow up or check in call with the doctor or nurse, who had been with us the whole process. I know they are busy, but it would’ve helped close out what was otherwise a very caring, personalized experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Wood at Gen 5 Fertility Center.
$1400 for IVF package, including egg retrieval and transfer $5000 for PRP
Samuel Wood

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Wood is very confident, positive and compassionate. Its a tough subject and for the most part I felt that he really wanted to help us. There were never long wait times and the nurse/coordinator was always accessible and I felt I was treated well...is very communicative in appointments and willing to answer any questions. Also he is very positive and has a confident demeanor.
The [Gen 5 Fertility Center] clinic is very very nice. Upscale. In a beautiful location. Peaceful. Never a long wait times. And the office staff was really very organized. Couldn’t have asked for a better facility. The views are soothing and it seemed clean...She was very compassionate with us and answered all my questions immediately even after hours..
How was your experience with Samuel Wood at Gen 5 Fertility Center?
Make sure you do your research and feel totally comfortable.
The coordinator was really nice, caring and responsive. Dr. Wood is very communicative in appointments and willing to answer any questions. Also he is very positive and has a confident demeanor.
In my case the ads were developing at different rates so the idea was to do a dual stem on me which ended up not being possible and only four eggs were retrieved. It was horrifically disappointing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gen 5 Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Melissa Aguirre)
Coordinator Melissa was absolutely fantastic. She was very compassionate with us and answered all my questions immediately even after hours. She was truly the best. And made the process a lot less painful than it would have been without her assistance.
Describe your experience with Gen 5 Fertility Center.
The clinic is very very nice. Upscale. In a beautiful location. Peaceful. Never a long wait times. And the office staff was really very organized. Couldn’t have asked for a better facility. The views are soothing and it seemed clean.
We get an idea of cycle for $13,890. We had no surviving embryos in the cycle so there was no cost for PGS testing. Paid $1900 for medications, over $900 of which we did not use. That was really disheartening.
Samuel Wood