Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
477 Glen Lakes Drive
Dallas, TX 75231
7777 Forest Lane
Dallas, TX 75230
910 East Southlake Boulevard
Southlake, TX 76092
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 46Neutral: 4Don't recommend: 39.3
I felt like the embryologists [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] did a good job of informing me of our progress. Typically on weekends I wasn't able to get as much information and sometimes the reports seemed hurried. The lab worked closely with my doctor to help identify any potential issues...Both sonographers that I saw were fantastic. They can quickly count eggs and help position my legs so it's not as uncomfortable as the process progresses. In the lab, the nurses and staff were so great too!
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
It was so helpful to have the clinic on sight with the doctors. The ease of this was very helpful during our IVF cycles. I felt like the embryologists did a good job of informing me of our progress. Typically on weekends I wasn't able to get as much information and sometimes the reports seemed hurried. The lab worked closely with my doctor to help identify any potential issues.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Karen Lee at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr Lee was great to always say hello when she spotted me in the clinic. I felt like she closely followed my case and discussed it closely with the other nursers and embryologists in the clinic. She was always willing to answer my questions and spend time with us, during and after our cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
The nursing staff, ultrasound techs, and phlebotomist are just wonderful. They are all very skilled and compassionate. My primary nurse, Katie was so helpful with answering questions, giving me calendars, and guiding me through the entire process. My favorite phlebotomist, Diane was so sweet. Blood draws got harder for me as the stimulation went on and she was great to pick places that would bruise less and wrap my arm gently. Both sonographers that I saw were fantastic. They can quickly count eggs and help position my legs so it's not as uncomfortable as the process progresses. In the lab, the nurses and staff were so great too!
How was your experience with Karen Lee at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Lee is very knowledgeable and that shows in her care. We felt like she set expectations and gave us the facts. She also communicated great with us during our IVF treatments. In our wrap up appointments for failed cycled, she gave us insight into the documentation and discussions with her staff about why we had failed and gave us choices on next steps. She was great to guide us through each cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Karen Lee at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Come with a list of questions. She will help you work through your questions and provide the best answers she can.
Describe the protocols Karen Lee used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
During my IUIs I took Clomid (the lowest dose) and my husband donated at the clinic. During one IVF cycle I took Gonal-F, Menupure, Pregnyl, and one other med that I can't remember. During my second cycle I took the same meds, but use Lupron instead. We were hoping to get more mature eggs on the second cycle. I tend to have lots of eggs and only about half of them mature. Both cycles worked out very similar - so we concluded that the drugs didn't make much of a difference in my case. I reacted very well to the drugs, we are just struggling to get a healthy embroy. Currently we aren't sure the cause of unhealthy embroys.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karen Lee at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
We are blessed to have insurance coverage. We did not use this for our IUIs and they each ran under $1000. For IVF our first cycle was covered entirely, so we were out our deductibles. For our second cycle, drugs were not covered, so we paid the cost of drugs and our deductible was met, so we paid our percentage.
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
I would say the strengths are it’s a up to date clinic [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility] with good doctors and up to date fertility recommendations and information.... The hard part for me was just the non personal relationship with the doctor on your regular visits. Sometimes I would leave confused based on what the technician had told me....Holly is great, she is the person I’ve connected most with at the clinic (even if it’s just over the phone after appointments).
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I would say the strengths are it’s a up to date clinic with good doctors and up to date fertility recommendations and information. My previous clinic didn’t mention much of the information I learned here. The hard part for me was just the non personal relationship with the doctor on your regular visits. Sometimes I would leave confused based on what the technician had told me. If you choose this clinic just be proactive with asking questions and scheduling follow up appointments with the doctor if something isn’t working for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
It’s a very good clinic but probably like most it has many patients. It took me a while to get the hang of how things work but after initial consultation you don’t see the doctor (depending on treatment I guess). Doing fertility drugs and trigger shots I would follow nurses instructions, come in for ultrasounds with a tech, and then get called again by my nurse for updates and instructions. Obviously the doctor reviewed all of those things but sometimes I have felt a little lost. (I think this is how most big clinics are run but with something so emotional as getting pregnant sometimes I have wanted to feel a little more care.)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Holly)
Holly is great, she is the person I’ve connected most with at the clinic (even if it’s just over the phone after appointments). She is compassionate and I actually been able to ask specific questions as I’m going through things.
How was your experience with Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
I feel he is very honest, not pushy at all with just selling things. Hardest part for me is not that much doctor patients interaction on the day in day out. I’m not sure which good and busy clinic would have more of that kind of feel though.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Ask a lot of questions not only to Dr. Chantilis but also to the staff regarding making appointments and follow up consultations. I think everyone that works there forgets that you might not ‘know the drill’. The nurse randomly told me if I wanted to talk to Dr. Chantillis about my treatment plan the best thing to do is to schedule a specific appointment for that. It seems obvious but I didn’t know and by the time I called I could barely get in before I would start my next cycle. Some of the admin things can be frustrating but I think my advice is be your own advocate and make sure to be pushing things along for yourself.
Describe the protocols Samuel Chantilis used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
I have done two cycles of clomid with ultrasounds and trigger shots with time intercourses. I’m PCOS with regular cycles but also have tubal damage so he just wanted to make sure even though it seemed I had.l a regular cycle that we would track ovulation and times intercourse before moving to IUI or IVF.
Describe Samuel Chantilis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I’m not sure his opinions about this.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Brittany is the absulute best!! She is the most kind and compassionate nurse I have ever met. Thorough my journey with Dr. Thomas and Dallas Fertlity, she has had to deliver some tough news to me many times and she always wants to make sure that I am okay...Everyone is very kind and courteous in the office. The ladies at the front are wonderful about helping you understand the costs of your plan of care and always answer any questions you may have. All of the nurses and technitions are so sweet and make you feel welcome.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Thomas is such a kind soul. She treats her patients as though you are a part of her family. Throughout my treatment, she would call me herself to deliver news or just to check on me. I never felt like just a number, she always made me feel as though I was her only patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Brittany Ruder)
How was your experience with Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Thomas is an outstanding doctor. She regularly called to check on me and made me feel as though I was heard. My husband and I, even after going through fertility treatments for almost 2 years now, ask a ton of questions and she is always so patient and through when answering. She always wants to make sure that you are comfortable with your plan of care and that you completely understand what will be happening throughout your cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as needed about your cycle/plan of care. She is wonderful about making you comfortable with everything that you will go through.
Describe the protocols Mika Thomas used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
For my first round of IVF that was canceled due to low follicular development, we did an Antogonist protocol with BC pills for priming. We all decided after this round that I would not take BC pills again because of my poor response. For the next two rounds of IVF, I did estrogen priming and micro-flare protocols with the highest amount of Follestim and Menopur possible. I had a great response to this protocol, considering my AMH level, and ended up with 7 eggs each cycle. For my most recent round of IVF, we did the same protocol as before, but added in HGH and a steroid. I ended up having poor follicular response and converted to an IUI.
Describe Mika Thomas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Since my embryo quality was not great, Dr. Thomas opted to transfer two embryos for each of my fresh, day 3 transfers.
Dallas
I think the strength of this clinic [DFW Fertility Associates] is the experience and knowledge of the doctor and the staff. They all have extensive experience in their positions and have the best interest of the patient. Their weakness is they are busy.... Kelly has been excellent! She is very calm, collected. compassionate and kind. She has been wonderful to help me understand my care. Jill has been great at helping me understand my medication, how to use it and what I am taking.
European, East Asian, Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I think the strength of this clinic is the experience and knowledge of the doctor and the staff. They all have extensive experience in their positions and have the best interest of the patient. Their weakness is they are busy. Be an advocate for your care and be sure you pay attention to what your process is. And don't be afraid to ask questions - they are very open to you being involved! It is a welcoming office.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
The staff in the office are awesome. They are very kind and helpful. And they are very busy. Even still, they take the time to say hello, talk to me and see. The times I am able to talk with Dr. Lawrence, she is very kind an always seems to know where I am in my cycle. I know she has many patients, and it blows me away that she is able to remember! And it is a busy office, so I have needed to be diligent about my care and what i am doing. There have been a few times where I needed to correct the nurse about what the doctor and I had talked about for medication. She was very kind and double checked and let me know I was right. I always feel like they are compassionate and treat me well. And as a busy office, things can get confused.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Jill)
Kelly has been excellent! She is very calm, collected. compassionate and kind. She has been wonderful to help me understand my care. Jill has been great at helping me understand my medication, how to use it and what I am taking. I have had to ask her to double check a few things because I remembered being told something different. She has always been kind and helpful about this. When she has had to explain changes in my medication, she is very clear and succinct.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
How was your experience with Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
I love Dr. Lawrence. I feel confident she knows what she is doing and has my best interest and health at heart. I don't feel like she is only doing what she wants to make her look good. She is a fast talker, so I have needed to ask her to slow down or to repeat things to make sure I understand them. And she is patient when I ask questions because I want to make sure I understand. She has a great way of being positive and being direct. She does not sugar coat things or pretend them to be what they are not. And she allowed me to be in charge of my process, even when it went against her recommendations. She remained supportive and honest. I do not see her every visit, and her staff make up for it. She was not at one of my two IUIs because it was on the weekend and I had the on-call doctor. She has been the doctor at both retrievals. I have been very happy in her care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Ask questions and be sure you ask her to repeat herself or slow down. She is a fast talker with lots of energy!
Describe the protocols Laura Lawrence used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
During my first IUI, we did Clomid. I had a very high egg count and we were confident it would be enough. When we had a negative result, we boosted it up and tried again. When that didn't work, she was very frank and we decided to do IVF. During the first cycle, I was on 150u Menopure, 300 Gonal F, and Ganerelix. During the first 5 days I needed to drop the Menopure and start Ganerelix because I was developing too many too fast. The retrieval produced 44 eggs, 38 mature, 28 inseminated and 8 were able to be tested. We ended up with 1 normal embryo. None of us predicted this result. When we decided to do a second round to gather more eggs, she was frank about trying things differently. I went on birth control to suppress the estrogen, with the goal of it not getting too high too fast again. This was not successful, because when I went in for my baseline, I had a follicle developing. I needed to trigger and let that one go before we could proceed. Then they had me take Estrace. During this time, before I was supposed to be done, my body had a period. I went in for a baseline and we began injections. This time I did 150u Menopure for 3 days and then dropped to 75u on day 3. This was a planned strategy and was on target in order to help me not produce too much too soon. I was still taking 300 Gonol F and began Ganerelix on day 5. I am currently in the middle of this treatment, so I cannot report on the retrieval. I hope the results are better!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
IUI was about $950 plus medication. I paid for this out of pocket both times. IVF was financed with ARC. The cost was about $18,000 the first time and $15,000 the second time because we had meds left over from the first so we didn't need to buy as much. We paid for ICSI and Genetic testing for both rounds.
Describe Laura Lawrence's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I have not had experience with transfer yet, as we are on our second round of retrieval.
Dallas
Holly is an angel. She is patience, compassionate, and loves her patients. She truly cares for me. She's been my primary nurse [at DFW Fertility Assoc] from day one. There have been plenty of days that I would call her to just ask a question, cry, or just babble on about what my husband did, and she was there to listen. I'm so grateful for this nurse! Ruth is the other nurse for Dr. C. I've worked with her as well. She's been with Dr. C for like 15 years. She knows her stuff and I enjoyed working with her as well.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
This clinic is organized. They have protocols. At first you may feel like they are just shuffling you through, but each lady here cares. Don't let the organization make you feel like a number. Talk to the girls in the front and the other nurses. They are all very sweet and work hard to make the office function so flawlessly. One thing that threw me off is each cycle must be paid in full before moving on to the next. In the grand scheme of things, I get it. It just caught me off guard when I owed hundreds all at once.
My nurse, Holly, has called me on a timely manner. She discusses options and gives me realistic expectations. I feel like I matter and always cared for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Holly )
Holly. Holly is an angel. She is patience, compassionate, and loves her patients. She truly cares for me. She's been my primary nurse from day one. There have been plenty of days that I would call her to just ask a question, cry, or just babble on about what my husband did, and she was there to listen. I'm so grateful for this nurse! Ruth is the other nurse for Dr. C. I've worked with her as well. She's been with Dr. C for like 15 years. She knows her stuff and I enjoyed working with her as well.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Even though Dr. Chantilis hasn't been involved with every visit and procedure, I have always been taken of. He's performed a procedure and called me personally. My husband and I have met with him one on one multiple times. He's honest and gives you a great understanding of how your body is working. He also explains procedures and what's up next. He is the best in the industry and I would recommend him to anyone.
Dr. Chantilis isn't super social and warm and fuzzy. Don't let that deter you. He's very intelligent and is really good at what he does. Also, you don't see him a lot, so establish a good relationship with your nurse. Ruth and Holly and are the BEST.
I was immediately diagnosed with PCOS when I started seeing Dr. C. Before he would do a medicated cycle, he wanted my husband tested and for me to do a HSG procedure. Dr. C wanted to make sure he was fertile and my tubes weren't blocked. Meanwhile, I was put on Metformin. We were cleared to try clomid. We did one low dose of clomid. Nothing happened, so we did a higher dose. Then we continued with a total of 4 rounds, out of the 4 he added in the Ovidril trigger shot to 2 cyles. We tried an IUI with clomid + Ovidril as well. All negative tests. I requested we change to something different due to the side effects. Then I started Letrozole, Gonal F, and Ovidril for 3 cycles. We did one IUI with this. All negative tests. Within all of these cycles, I usually went in CD10 to get tested for follicle progress. We never did a "blind" time intercourse or IUI. Some weeks I was in for a sono three times. Dr. C wanted to ensure we timed ovulation/IC just right. After our last cycle, Dr. C suggested IVF. He didn't push, but he gave us options. 1. He gave us the option to continue IUIs and medicated cycles. He said that I would need to go in for a laparoscopy to check for endo if were to continue. 2. He gave us the option to do Mini-IVF which is a little cheaper than a full blown IVF. You aren't on as many medications as the other. 3. Full blown IVF We are waiting to see if we can get pregnant naturally, but decided to do full blown IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
My insurance covered a percentage of office visits and blood work. Below is what I can remember. Sono - $365 (no insurance) IUI - $600 (no insurance) Quoted mini IVF - $8K (no genetic testing) Quoted IVF - $14K (no genetic testing)
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Her nurse [at , Jill is the coordinator also. She is so very knowledgeable. She makes sure she is always available for you and your questions, even if they seem silly. She never makes you feel dumb and always makes sure you are comfortable and encouraged. Her other nurse, Kelly, is also her son tech. I love Kelly too! She makes you feel comfortable and talks with you and laughs with you. Sonos are never an unpleasant experience. I always leave there office feeling good about things even after getting bad news.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Friendliness and knowledgeable are their strengths. Their hours are also awesome for me. I am a nurse and they will come in for me early so I don't have to miss too much work if I have to have a son or blood work on a day I work. The only down side or weakness is the girl who answers the phone. She works for Dr. Lawrence and the OBGYN that shares the office. She is not very friendly on the phone and I often feel I am bothering her when I call. I have never had contact with her in the office, just on the phone.
The office is so caring! They call me by my first name, remember my husband's name (even though they have only met him once or twice), they remember my work schedule and location, and they call me to check up on how I am doing at random. Dr. Lawrence, herself, called after we found out my first transfer did not work and told me how bummed she was and let me ask all my questions. She is first class!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jill VanSlyke)
Her nurse, Jill is the coordinator also. She is so very knowledgeable. She makes sure she is always available for you and your questions, even if they seem silly. She never makes you feel dumb and always makes sure you are comfortable and encouraged. Her other nurse, Kelly, is also her son tech. I love Kelly too! She makes you feel comfortable and talks with you and laughs with you. Sonos are never an unpleasant experience. I always leave there office feeling good about things even after getting bad news.
I am still seeing her and getting ready for my second transfer. She looks at me and my unique hormonal and body issues and adjusts the plan to me. She is open to all questions and answers truthfully and with respect. She always has a smile on her face which makes me feel like everything is going to be OK. I know, because she tells me, that she will never give up on me and my desire to have a family!
Come with your questions ready! She will answer all of them. I took notes with the consultations (that is how I learn best) and was glad I did because she is so passionate about what she does that she gives you all the information you could ever need. Don't be afraid to ask her to slow down. She speaks really fast when she gets excited.
First I had an HSG that found polyps in my uterus and a blocked fallopian tube (at the ovary). She then scheduled me for surgery of the polyps (can't do anything about the tube) and did the procedure herself. Recovery was very minimal. Because of my age (37 at the time), she had me on max doses of the ovarian stimulation drugs pre egg retrieval and because we were dealing with a post vasectomy low sperm count, we did ICSI. 8 eggs retrieved and 2 grade BB embryos that were PGS tested as genetically perfect. I was on the typical Estrace tablets and then added progesterone injections (injections are more reliable than pills or vaginal in achieving the appropriate and consistent levels of progesterone. We did our first transfer November 16 and it did not take. I do not believe it had anything to do with Dr. Lawrence or the clinic as everyone was shocked it did not work. They all said how perfect and smooth the transfer went. We are currently getting ready for transfer #2 and she has me on birth control for a couple weeks, Leupron injections because I made cysts my last 2 cycles for some unknown reason, and will do Estrace and Progesterone injections later in the month. I made some personal changes to my lifestyle and medications to help with success of the next transfer and my piece of mind (off the magnesium supplement for my IBSC, doing acupuncture, and seeing a chiropractor). I am very hopeful and Dr. Lawrence is very supportive.
I believe our total will be, after medications for the entire process, one retrieval, and 2 transfers: $18,000-$20,000
She let us decide if we transferred only one embryo or 2. We chose one embryo to transfer for 2 reasons. #1 I really wanted 2 children and would have loved to have the second embryo for a second child. #2 I wanted to have no regrets incase the first did not take (which it didn't) I didn't want to loose our only 2 embryos at once.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
I love that dr Lawrence has her own office [at DFW Fertility Associates]. There was never a long wait and they were very efficient. I would say I wish they had an extra room where they could talk and explain to patients about information. It was still private but we would have to use the nurses office if Dr Lawrence was with another patient in her office.... We got a loan for $18,000 and that has covered everything so far. If our first transfer fails, we still have money from our loan for a second transfer.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I love that dr Lawrence has her own office. There was never a long wait and they were very efficient. I would say I wish they had an extra room where they could talk and explain to patients about information. It was still private but we would have to use the nurses office if Dr Lawrence was with another patient in her office.
Dr. Lawrence made us feel like we were her only patients. She was well versed on infertility and gave us answers and an actual infertility diagnosis that we hadn’t been able to get. It seemed like a lot at first, but she was thourough in all her testing to make sure she new my body and why we had been experiencing infertility. She was very honest and up front about the issues we would face even with IVF but still made us feel hopeful. Her staff is so amazing too!
Kelly and Jill were wonderful! They were/are genuinely invested in our journey and are hopeful with us. I always new what appointment/procedure was next based on the calendar they gave us. They were very clear when giving us injection instructions and made sure we knew how to do it ourselves before we were cleared to start. We will never forget them!
Dr. Lawrence is extremely knowledgeable about infertility and all things related to it and IVF. She was very helpful with helping us understand everything and reexplained everything in easier terms when my husband was confused. She’s so funny and makes conversation, especially during rough procedures to help put us at ease.
Be ready to learn a lot more about your fertility issues than you knew before. Lots of great info!
She ran numerous tests on me to make sure we had a proper diagnosis. She always made sure to do bloodwork and ultrasounds before each procedure. Before egg retrieval and starting meds for that, she was very upfront about letting us know that even with IVF medications there was a strong possibility that I could get little to no eggs. But she never said it was impossible. She was right because we only got 3 eggs. And because I had max dosages of all meds she recommended we freeze our eggs and wait to transfer so my body could rest and we were okay with that. As we started the process to transfer issues came up with my thyroid and blood sugar levels so she stopped the cycle until I could see an endocrinologist. We were disheartened at first, but knew that she was doing what was best for me. Even if it prolonged the journey.
We got a loan from an outside source that they recommended. They were very up front about cost and our options. We got a loan for $18,000 and that has covered everything so far. If our first transfer fails, we still have money from our loan for a second transfer.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Overall it [DFW Fertility Associates] was great. They kept things running on schedule and respected my time. They returned calls promptly. They have a great facility and reasonable hours. They were professional and easy to work with. The billing department could be a bit better about communication, just in terms of clarity...her phenomenal nurse, Brittany was equally invested and supportive of us. I always felt cared for.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Overall it was great. They kept things running on schedule and respected my time. They returned calls promptly. They have a great facility and reasonable hours. They were professional and easy to work with. The billing department could be a bit better about communication, just in terms of clarity.
Dr. Thomas called and checked in on me several times. She offered genuine sympathy and support when things were difficult. She was also excited and joyful with us when things went well. It was obvious to both of us that she truly cared about us. Also, her phenomenal nurse, Brittany was equally invested and supportive of us. I always felt cared for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Brittany )
Brittany was my rock through this whole process. She truly cares about us. She was so patient. She answered even my ridiculous questions with patience and compassion. She became like a sister to me. I adore her.
Dr. Thomas always provided thorough and up to date information about every detail of the process. I appreciated that she also provided us with copies of the medical journals and research articles she referenced in citing outcomes and statistics. Dr. Thomas was always thorough but she was also warm and caring. She definitely left us feeling that she had individualized the treatment for us rather than using a onesize fits all approach.
Dr. Thomas will listen to you. Speak up if you have a question or concern
At 38 yo with PCOS: We chose to do one cycle of Metformin while we waited for something at work to change which would make it easier for me to do full IVF. We were aware it was unlikely to work and it didn’t, but Dr. Thomas supported us in not wanting to “waste” that month. After that, we went straight to IVF because we knew we wanted more than one child and I was 38.5. We knew if IUI worked, we would likely be about 40 by the time we could try again and by then my egg quality would be significantly worse. We did 2 egg retrievals as follows: ER #1: Stimmed on very low doses due to my PCOS and saw significant response early. Used Follistim, Menopur, and eventually Ganirelix. Kept the doses low and was checked regularly. At egg retrieval, we got 33 eggs. Some were very poor quality, which we expected. We asked about ICSI but Dr. Thomas didn’t recommend it and our Fertilization rate of the mature eggs was good. Unfortunately, only 7 made it to day 5 and only 3 of those were PGS normal. We froze all (that was our plan from the start... it was what Hubby and I wanted for family planning purposes but also was Dr. T’s recommendation.) After ER #1, we consulted with Dr. Thomas and she felt our chances of having 2 children with our 3 PGS normal frozen embryos was very good. I was still not ready to let go of the idea of possibily having 3 kids so we decided to do one more ER to Bank a few more embryos for future use. ER #2 We followed a similar protocol as the first time and immediately saw I was responding more strongly this time. We pulled back on the stim meds and planned for a Lupron only trigger shot. Ended up getting 37 eggs that time (again, some very poor quality due to my age and PCOS). In that round we needed up with 2 PGS normal embryos because many came back with a trisomy issue. I recovered well from both ERs and we were thrilled with our results. We did a frozen embryo transfer protocol but I came down with an unrelated illness and we had to call it off. A month later, we started again and did a frozen embryo transfer. Everything looked great and my body responded well, but the embryo didn’t implant. We knew that it wasn’t guaranteed and we also chose to use an embryo that wasn’t the embryologist’s first choice. So, that might have influenced things too. We’re planning to do another FET soon and feel good about our chances with the embryos we have left. We’re very very pleased with the care we received.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Frozen embryo transfer cycle including all lab work, ultrasounds, doctor visits, and the embryo transfer (excluding embryology fees) was prepaid $1500 plus the cost of meds. IVF Lab fees for embryo transfer (thawing embryo, prep of embryos for transfer etc) was $1450 prepaid. The egg retrieval is a little more challenging to price out because I don’t have the paperwork. WITH PGS testing, meds, the surgery, the monitoring, etc etc. I believe we payed somewhere in the neighborhood of $18,000 but a great deal of that was the PGS testing (I think that was maybe $5000 of it?). I’m sorry I can’t remm that part so well. It was a year ago.
Dr. Thomas recommended a single embryo transfer because my body responded well to the FET protocol and because our embryos were PGS tested. She also solicited our thoughts and we were not eager to increase our chances of multiples so we were on the same page.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
DFW Fertility Associates have their own lab, very technologically advanced. Lots of great resources available to you as a patient. All major procedures are done at the same location and your embryos are stored right there at the Glen Lakes Office. They work to get you in on the weekend if needed. I don’t like that they have baby pictures hanging in the waiting room because most women suffering through infertility do not want to see baby pictures while going through treatment.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
We were always treated with the utmost respect and kindness. Dr. Lawrence and her staff were very sensitive and caring when things didn’t go as planned. They made sure we were well informed and even called numerous times after hours to check on us. It’s huge to have people that understand or have been through infertility treatment themselves and you get that with Dr. Lawrence and her staff.
Very kind and friendly. Kelley is so awesome!!
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Lawrence never gives information without research to back it. She is incredibly knowledgeable about the most groundbreaking technology, tests, and procedures in relation to fertility treatments. She is also kind and empathetic which has been a breath of fresh air.
Build a relationship with her, she really does care and want to see you be successful in treatment.
Round 1 of IVF: highest doses of gonal-f , micro dose lupron, menopur. Ovidrel trigger shot, egg retrieval that resulted in 7 eggs. ICSI was performed due to male factor infertility. No eggs fertilized. Round 2: gonal-f, ganirelix, and clomid. We reduced meds to help relax my body and not over work my ovaries. This cycle resulted in my body ovulating through the meds so we converted it to an iui that was not successful. Round 3: same meds as round 2, but we went to retrieval a day earlier. Retrieved 4 eggs, performs PICSI & ICSI. 1 egg fertilized. It grew to day 6, we had it genetically tested and frozen. We transferred the embryo in November 2017 and I am currently 23 weeks pregnant
We used ARC to finance our cycles. We bought 2 cycle plus program that included 2 cycles of IVF. Our doctor uses a global fee. They are very open and honest about billing.
Dallas
They [Dallas Fort Worth Fertility Associates] are always busy, but they get you in in a timely manner. If you have a procedure on a Saturday, be prepared for it not to be your doctor as they rotate their days. They are conscious of the demands of working full time and going through treatments and were helpful and flexible.... The nursing staff was also helpful. While I had one experience being given poor information, she was only my nurse on one occasion , leading me to believe she was either temporary or working for someone else’s service.
European, Black or African-American
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
They are always busy, but they get you in in a timely manner. If you have a procedure on a Saturday, be prepared for it not to be your doctor as they rotate their days. They are conscious of the demands of working full time and going through treatments and were helpful and flexible.
She was always personable and always remembered who I was, which was surprising given the amount of people lined up to see her. She was never rushed.
While we did not achieve the results we wanted, Dr Lee was great. She was informative and understanding and willing to answer all questions. She was able to ease my mind, specifically I remember a time a nurse was not explaining something correctly and made me feel worried. She overheard and came rushing in to clarify and ease my mind with better description of what would occur next. Infertility is one of the worst things I have ever experienced but Dr Lee made me feel like there was hope.
Ask questions and if you are uncomfortable, ask more. You are not burdening her.
IUI cycles were medicated. Do not remember specifics. IVF with injectables.
IUI was mostly taken care of by my insurance thanks to the ways they were able to bill and code. The Ivf was not covered but I utilized the package option which with medication cost about 20000 for two IVf cycles
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
My nurse [at DFW Fertility Associates] at times was overly blunt or did not explain things well. When I started my first cycle and asked about how things looked over time, she hedged around the question and didn't say much. In reality, things were not going well at all and the retrieval produced very few mature eggs...The lab did not tell us that we needed to fill out a complete new set of paperwork on the day of our second egg retrieval and so my husband and I had to rush to fill out the paperwork at the last minute adding a lot of stress to the process.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
This clinic is very efficient and respects your time. I loved how quickly things moved and you could get in and out fast for tests. You definitely feel like a number though and things can get lost in communication between the nurses, doctor, and IVF lab.
I rarely saw Dr. Thomas during cycle appointments and instead only saw sonogram technicians. There were miscommunications between Dr. Thomas and the IVF lab that caused added stress on the day of egg retrievals. When we did see Dr. Thomas, we felt like she cared and treated us well. However, this clinic deals with such a large volume of patients, it was just hard to feel like our treatment plan was customized and important.
My nurse at times was overly blunt or did not explain things well. When I started my first cycle and asked about how things looked over time, she hedged around the question and didn't say much. In reality, things were not going well at all and the retrieval produced very few mature eggs.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Thomas is probably very good at easy and straightforward cases, but our case was a little more complicated. After our first cycle failed to produce multiple embryos, Dr. Thomas switched protocols thinking that would fix all of our issues. While the second cycle produced more eggs, the end result was the exact same as the first protocol. After the two cycles, our conversation with her was that we should consider donors. We felt that there was more testing to do before going down that path and were very disappointed she gave up so early.
If you have a complicated case with multiple issues, I would consider going to a smaller clinic where you will get more personalized care and communication.
I have diminished ovarian reserve and my husband has low sperm volume but the other characteristics are normal. 1st Cycle - BCP, Lupron Flare protocol - 10 eggs, 5 mature, 1 fertilized, 1 embryo (supposed to work well for DOR patients, but I developed a lead follicle which resulted in the others not catching up; also the BCP over-suppressed my system) 2nd Cycle - Estrogen Priming, Antagonist protocol - 20 eggs, 12 mature, 3 fertilized, 1 embryo (Estrogen priming helps prevent a lead follicle and helps to produce more eggs) PGS testing on both embryos, and both genetically abnormal
Approximately $15K per cycle, including ICSI, embryo freezing, and biopsy for PGS
Dr. Thomas prefers eSET if there is a genetically normal embryo, which makes sense to me.
Dallas
Clinic [DFW Fert Assoc ] was clean and everyone was extremely polite and nice. The Storage and embryologists are separate but the same owner for this clinic, so you know that there is a close working relationship between clinic and labs, which I found to be a HUGE bonus...Holly was amazing. She helped me in ways that a typical nurse would not...One "con" was the lack of empathy when, as a single mom by choice, I ended up conceiving triplets. This was SUPER scary to me and something that I felt I (financially) was unable to proceed with. When asking the clinic options and what to do next, I got a very negative "you knew the risks" response and "we can't help you."
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Clinic was clean and everyone was extremely polite and nice. The Storage and embryologists are separate but the same owner for this clinic, so you know that there is a close working relationship between clinic and labs, which I found to be a HUGE bonus.
There were many times that Dr. C did scans that a nurse could have done. He expressed interest in my case and was excited with my results. He was able to be personable and professional.
Holly was amazing. She helped me in ways that a typical nurse would not. Offering suggestions of pharmacies and where I could get discounts by being a patient. She answered questions that I had that I didn't expect her to answer. She also was able to train really well and answer questions about how to administer drugs. She was extremely responsive to calls and questions outside of appointment times. One "con" was the lack of empathy when, as a single mom by choice, I ended up conceiving triplets. This was SUPER scary to me and something that I felt I (financially) was unable to proceed with. When asking the clinic options and what to do next, I got a very negative "you knew the risks" response and "we can't help you."
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
I felt like I was VERY informed from Dr. C. However, I wasn't given a very reliable risk of multiples 3+ based on procedures used (ICSI). I ended up with 3 fetus' from a 2 egg transfer and learned later that ICSI increases chances of embryo's splitting.
Ask ALLLLL the questions. Especially risks of success!
Dr. C said to do 3 IUIs initially. I tried one but it proved to be quite expensive because I required expensive medications to ovulate. I did one failed IUI before requesting to divert from his recommendation and moved directly to IVF. Dr. C was ok with this. We did one IVF cycle and he adjusted medication based on the productivity of my ovaries. He did recommend we go to Frozen with all embryos first due to the MASSIVE amount of eggs I produced that cycle. I was at first opposed to this, but was very grateful I did it. His rational was that A) the clinic had better success rates with FET Cycles over Fresh, and B) This allowed my ovaries to completely heal prior to attempting pregnancy thus increasing the chances of success.
Scans - covered by my insurance, so only paid co-pay ($40 per visit) IUI - $300 IUI - Lab fee - $150 IVF (to frozen, including 1 year of embryo storage & lab fees) $6300 ICSI - &lt;=10: $1000, &gt;10: $1800 PGS - $5000 for all eggs 1 year storage fees (after first year) - $600/year FET (with lab fees) $3000 Medication (not sold from clinic, but with Dr. Chantilis as your doctor, a 20% discount with the pharmacy they recommend)
My doctor strongly recommended transferring 1 embryo. I argued and won. I wanted to put in 2 eggs. Based on my own analysis of success vs. $, I chose to put in 2. Both were successful and I began my pregnancy with triplets. I eventually gave birth to twins after a elective reduction. I'm sure in the future Dr. C will push harder for eSET for younger mothers (I was 32 at the time).
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
[DFW Fert Assoc] Strengths: Excellent Care, Lab is top notch Weaknesses: The clinic doesn't offer their own refund option for IVF...Deborah and Gayla our donor coordinator were fantastic. They always made sure I understand my medicine protocols and dosage and my test results. They were very efficient with communication and used email a lot. Gayla was exceptionally friendly and helpful...$15,000 - Fresh IVF transfer using an in house donor. Clinic splits the eggs with patient.
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
It never seemed liked he was rushing. He always answered questions and gave us lots of information. He was professional but friendly and honest. He even called me after normal office hours.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Deborah and Gayla )
He was thorough, but not afraid to try different protocols. He was candid and always told the truth even if it wasn't what I wanted to hear. He did come across as a yuppie, but a very nice one. We never had to wait very long to see him. He was up front about our chances of success, and didn't seem to worry about messing up his clinics statistics.
Trust him with what his recommendation is on how many embryos to transfer.
He suggested we use Lupron for both of my cycles, but wasn't opposed to not using it. We used oral estrace and progesterone injections prenatal vitamin and baby aspirin for first cycle. Second cycle we added lovenox, and he tested for immunity issues since I miscarried my fresh donor egg transfer, when the tissue was tested and came back normal. Also I have a genetic blood clotting disorder already known from years before the cycles, but I did wind up being borderline on my immunity testing for one of the tests. He also had us do a mock cycle before my transfer and a hysteroscopy for both cycles. During the first hysteroscopy a lot of endometrial polyps were found on one side of my uterus. He said for best success with implantation they should be removed by way of D&C surgery, so we did that.
$15,000 - Fresh IVF transfer using an in house donor. Clinic splits the eggs with patient. This included all donor costs, and IVF transfer and monitoring but didn't include my medication or my hysteroscopy, or annual storage for any embryos resulting from the cycle that were quality enough to freeze and store, or any surgeries needed on the uterus to make the uterus the best possible environment for an embryo to implant. Medication was coordinated through the clinic and the specialty pharmacy (Mandell's pharmacy out of New Jersey) they dealt with did appear to be the cheapest when I called around.
Dr. Chantillis educated us on eSET, and showed us what category we fit into. Even though on our second transfer we could have opted for 2 embryos I'm so glad he talked us out of it because during my pregnancy at 20 weeks I nearly went into labor and I had to have an emergency cerclage surgery after half the amniotic sac slipped through my cervix. We nearly lost our baby, and would have if we had had multiples. I was on bed rest for 133 days as it was, and our daughter was born at 38 weeks and 6 days healthy at 8 pounds and 10 ounces.
2009 - 2017
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
This clinic [DFW Fertility Associates] is one of the best in the DFW area, so the staff is professional, the facility is clean and organized, and they address all requests and questions you have. I had some billing issues but eventually they were resolved. Dr. Lee is also willing to coordinate with other doctors when it comes to surgery so that really helps...The nurses are professional, however sometimes I feel some may lack a personal touch. Some may sound more formulaic than caring. Sometimes I feel afraid to ask too many questions
2009 - 2017
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
This clinic is one of the best in the DFW area, so the staff is professional, the facility is clean and organized, and they address all requests and questions you have. I had some billing issues but eventually they were resolved. Dr. Lee is also willing to coordinate with other doctors when it comes to surgery so that really helps.
Dr. Lee has been always like a big sister to me and she talked to me like so, because she would say, "if you were my sister, I would ..." Even I do not have any success with her, she has been a kind and caring doctor to me. She did most of the ultrasounds by herself unless there is scheduling challenges, and address all my questions, even though sometimes it's after I sought a 2nd opinion. She put patient's interest first, not her ego.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Rachel and others, don't remember clearly)
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Lee cares about her patient and has been very accommodating. Even now that I seek IVF care at CCRM, I still have her clinic do local monitoring. At the same time, I feel her approach more often may fall on the relatively more conservative side. I am not sure if this is due to me or due to her. I have always preferred a natural pregnancy and natural/herbal treatment over western treatment because I think western treatment is much more aggressive and hard the woman's body more. The process of finding what went wrong with me not being able to conceive was long, partially due to my resistance to have a hyrasalpinx tube removal after being diagnosed at the end of 2009. But after removal I was still not able to conceive and I insisted to have my progesterone on Day 7 post ovulation tested and turns out it's &lt;10. I wish Dr. Lee has this tested much earlier so I can also react accordingly. Dr. Lee said the progesterone level couldn't be completely trusted due to the level can vary a lot in a day. I found this progesterone testing was used by another doctor as a more standard way of determining ovulation quality. Anyways, after I tried 3 clomid cycles, 1 ivf and 1 fet with Dr. Lee, I lost confidence about getting pregnant at her clinic, although she and her staff have been courteous and kind.
She is more conservative in her approach, and you may want to explore a little more about possible testing and options.
clomid from 50mg to 50mg to 75mg, ovidrel trigger each cycle, 2 natural intercourse, 1 IUI IVF: lupron 5+ menopur75+ follistim 300 for 9 days, twoeard day 8 and 9 there are changes in the specific meds but I don't remember the details. HCG ovidrel as trigger, 15 oocytes retrieved, 4 day5 embryos, no PGS, 2 fresh transfer, 2 frozen, progesterone oil injection post transfer until HCG test. FET: 2mg estrodial+baby aspirin, only 1 out of 2 embryos survived unfrozen, the transfer resulted in failure. Progesterone injection for all days post transfer
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
they are able to schedule the appointments timely, at least this was what I was told, if I have another doctor's order, they can schedule the next day's ultrasound for me.
The IVF cost about 12k back in 2012, FET about $1300 in 2015.
Describe Karen Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Not applicable to me.
Dallas
They [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] are very busy and there is a long wait to get in...$1000 MRI $1800 Surgery $310 IUI $160 semen analys with wash (every IUI) $85 Injectible Ovidrel $0 Ultrasounds and blood work -covered by insurance...They are very warm and conversational. They remember me when I walk in and I don't have to say my name which is nice..The nurses are clear in communication during my ultrasound and explain everything they see.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
They are very busy and there is a long wait to get in. I would recommend calling right away for your new patient meeting versus thinking and waiting to take the next steps. You should live/work close to the clinic because you have to go quite often. This clinic is in southlake and very easy to get to. The offices are very clean as well
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ravi Gada at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
He always takes the time to ask how we are doing -outside of fertility-. He remembers our hobbies and what we talk about so when we go in we feel immediately comfortable and like we are with a friend who happens to be our Dr. in this overly difficult time. It also helps that my husband really likes him to. They can chat about sports for 10 minutes after our appt easily.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Sheryl)
They are very warm and conversational. They remember me when I walk in and I don't have to say my name which is nice (sad also). The nurses are clear in communication during my ultrasound and explain everything they see.
How was your experience with Ravi Gada at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
I had a septated uterus and Dr Gada immediately acted on this to get it corrected. I had a out patient surgery within 2 weeks of getting my results. Dr Gada understands we want a baby as soon as we can so he pushes/encourages us to the next steps. WIth that said he also understands that some steps we need to take longer in than others. We only did one round of clomid but we have done 3 rounds of iui's. We may end up doing up to 5 before considering IVF. Dr. Gada completely supports that decision. He keeps us informed about every step we are taking and he helps manage my expectations - which I need. IUI only has a 15% chance of success but when I am going through it my heart believes that its a 15% chance of not working. I would recommend Dr Gada to other people trying to start a family. He is not only professional and personable he and his wife have gone throught this as well. They went through IVF to have their son which tells me he knows how hard this can be.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ravi Gada at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Tell him everything. Any thing you can think of. Even if you think something may/may not be related to infertility he will confirm this with you. I had all these fears of what I thought was wrong with me and causing me to be infertile and I listed them off to him. He listened and explained away all my concerns. I have unexplained infertility at this point - so there is not rational reason that we can find - yet which is a hard pill to swallow.
Describe the protocols Ravi Gada used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
I had the HSG test and my Dr saw a heart shaped uterus and pointed it out to me. He explained what this was/could be and that we would need to explore this further. I then had to have an MRI with iodine to determine what kind of heart I had septated or bicorniate. I had septated which was good news because he had told me this is the version that he can repair with surgery. I was told that this was not a cause of infertility but would be a cause of frequent miscarriages and that we needed to repair before under going fertility treatments. 2 weeks later I had Dr. Gada performed the surgery. The surgery was fast and was exactly how Dr. Gada described. I healed well and my uterus was fixed. I had to take a month off of trying after the surgery. When I got my first period Dr. Gada told me to call and he would start me on Clomid. He was very candid about his results working with clomid. He recommended going to IUI right away just to have all the odds in our favor but understood if we were not ready. After 1 month of Clomid we moved on to IUI. The initial appt was with Dr. Gada to go over the process but all other follow up ultrasounds and blood work was done through the nurse practitioner. The actual IUI was performed by Dr. Gada. We have now had 3 failed rounds of IUI. Dr. Gada wants to meet to re-evaluate. I am taking a month off due to travel and also I just think I need it. This has been a lot harder emotionally and even physically than I imagined.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ravi Gada at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Describe Ravi Gada's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
have not experienced this yet
Southlake
The nursing staff [at DFW Fertility Associates] are very prompt with lab/monitoring results and what the next step is. There are never any answers they can't answer themselves. They are very aware of my individualized plan of treatment...I have been able to bill majority of my treatment through insurance besides some of the medications. When comparing IUI/IVF treatments, this group has competitive pricing with others in the area.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
It's in a great location in Dallas but on the 2nd floor of office building with limited parking and no elevator available. For those individuals that are obese, this may be difficult for them. Otherwise, the clinic is very nice.
Dr Thomas has been very "present" during each appointment whether it's a face-to-face consultation, monitoring or lab work. She has a calm and friendly, yet professional bedside manner and has a great intellect related to fertility. I trust her medical opinions and know she has my best interest in mind during all times of treatment.
The nursing staff are very prompt with lab/monitoring results and what the next step is. There are never any answers they can't answer themselves. They are very aware of my individualized plan of treatment.
Dr Thomas was very alert and interested in our story from the first consultation. Although she didn't seem to write much information/history down, she could summarize everything in great detail at the end of the consult. She was very humble by sharing what worked for her conception and very professional at all times. She was strictly business, no emotional therapy given, which may not work for some people. Since I am in the medical field, I greatly appreciated the medical jargon and non-emotion consultation to decide the best plan of care. She has not once recommended we jump straight to IVF, instead recommending more cost-effective therapies for a few months. I highly recommend her to others who may been seeking this type of RE.
I would say they should be aware that Dr. Thomas closely monitors you during your treatment so expect to be monitored, have labs drawn, have consultations frequently.
Letrazole 2.5mg x 5 days CD 5-9 for 3-4 months
Dallas
They [DFW Fert Assoc] are pretty accommodating in terms of time. I never have waited past 10 minutes of my scheduled appointment time. One suggestion would be that if you have a procedure on the weekend, a heads up of who will be doing the procedure would be best...I have never had a bad experience. They [nursing staff] aren't rushed and explain everything, even sometimes twice if I leave and have to call back to re-explain!... IUI procedure was $300
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
They are pretty accommodating in terms of time. I never have waited past 10 minutes of my scheduled appointment time. One suggestion would be that if you have a procedure on the weekend, a heads up of who will be doing the procedure would be best.
Dr Lee always took the time to come speak to me, even if she wasn't the one doing my sonogram, bloodwork etc. She took the time to get to know my husband and I and jokes around with us in times of serious anxiety!
I have never had a bad experience. They aren't rushed and explain everything, even sometimes twice if I leave and have to call back to re-explain!
Dr. Lee is always very informative with me. One experience that's stands out is when they found cysts. The nurse was trying to explain to me "how big" they were. Now keep in mind I only have one ovary and had the other removed due to cysts so naturally this scared me. She overheard her explaination and made sure to come in and clarify and put it into perspective! She had a treatment plan ready and it was taken care of within the next month. I trust her and she is very honest about possible options. I much prefer that to beating around the bush.
Come in with questions. She is patient and will answer all questions. I have never felt rushed.
My first IUI I did the Gonal F and Ovidrel and my second they did the Gonal F and Letrozole. I had a negative result each time but with the second attempt I had more follicles that were larger.
I have only done IUI which some of the services were covered by insurance. Medication cost approximately $500 and the IUI procedure was $300
I have not gone through this yet.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
This clinic [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] is amazing, it is VERY popular so sometimes you may have to wait a little bit as Dr. Chantilis is very popular in the Dallas area for infertility..... Holly (which is also my name -so it's easy to remember) is the name of Dr Chantilis's nurse she is extremely kind, very detail oriented and has great relational skills. She is sweet while also making it clear she's there to help me get pregnant! She always calls the same day if I only go in for a sono/bloodwork with the results and she always provides a lot of detail so I don't even need to call her back.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
This clinic is amazing, it is VERY popular so sometimes you may have to wait a little bit as Dr. Chantilis is very popular in the Dallas area for infertility. I heard before I went to see him that people say he could "get a rock pregnant" - which was funny to me but I appreciated that they had such confidence in him. Since he is good at what he does sometimes the waiting room is packed!
Before seeing Dr. Chantilis, I saw Dr. Gada at DFW Fertility Assoc. Southlake. Dr Gada was fine, but seemed to really be pushing us toward IVF. He (Gada) determined I did not need a laparoscopy done and instead proceeded to do IUI's. Both IUI's failed, after that I decided I wanted another opinion. In our FIRST meeting, Dr. Chantilis was MUCH more thorough, and said I don't want to say you need surgery, but you have every symptom of endometriosis. We did surgery, he was right, they found it in 12 places and also discovered my left ovary was attached to my abdominal wall. Dr. Chantilis took the time to really investigate my case, not shove me toward IVF.
Dr. Chantilis is a kind, compassionate, more reserved man that pays extremely close attention to detail. He is VERY professional, while also demonstrating compassion. He makes the patient feel safe, assured, and personally treated. I appreciate that he takes the time to really understand the couple and every aspect he can get his hands on to help find an issue. He also did not shove us toward IVF and encouraged us to try on our own for a while (after he cleaned up the endometriosis he found during my laparoscopy). I also appreciated that after my laparoscopy he came out into the waiting room (while I was waking up) and chatted with my mom/husband with photos of all he had found. He explained the pictures to them and even joked with my mom which lightened the mood. Infertility is painful, uncharted, and scary, he brings his knowledge, sweet personality and funniness to the table which helps the process become more bearable. He also is not in it to see you pay him for IVF which I value EXTREMELY.
Feel free to ask him questions, if he seems a little shy at first he will continue to warm up and be a little more silly and comfortable as you continue getting to know him.
Thus far, all we have done is laparoscopy (Jan 2017) and they tracked my last ovulation cycle because my periods were short so they wanted to make sure I was ovulating. I appreciate that even though I had surgery, instead of saying or your body is just adjusting, they tracked my ovulation with ultrasounds/sonos and did a progesterone blood test to be sure everything was working. HOPEFULLY we get pregnant over the next few months on our own now that my body is regulating!
All of my ultrasounds have been covered, I have had to pay the co-pay (it's $40 since he's a specialist). The surgery was pretty pricey (Laparoscopy) had to pay $1,000 to Dr. Chantilis and then much more to the hospital/anesthesiologist.
Dallas
They are 99% on time and get you in and out in a timely manner. They work hard to get you in at a time that works best for you. I have a crazy schedule and they are amazing about trying to work with me... the staff has been amazing, so nice and caring...They have many strengths. They are so helpful and have a wonder bedside manner. I am a little worry wort and they always know how to relieve my anxiety...They always remember who we are and take the time to find out how we are feeling.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
They are 99% on time and get you in and out in a timely manner. They work hard to get you in at a time that works best for you. I have a crazy schedule and they are amazing about trying to work with me. I love them. They always have a smiling face and the thing I love the most is they treat you like family. I was transferring our one embryo that was inconclusive and when I left their clinic to go and get the paperwork as I walked out she said " go and get your children". Seems silly, but it meant a lot to me!
For the first time a doctor sat with me while I cried and told me that it may take a while, but there is no reason why you shouldn't get you pregnant. Then at every appointment we have been to in the Southlake office, the staff has been amazing, so nice and caring. The first appointment I had with Dr. Gada he sat with us for over an hour and a half, to answer any and every question we had. His nurses go above and beyond to help us to understand what it is that they are telling us, no matter the amount of time it takes. They always remember who we are and take the time to find out how we are feeling. They are amazing!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Nancy and Shelley)
They have many strengths. They are so helpful and have a wonder bedside manner. I am a little worry wort and they always know how to relieve my anxiety. They treat me with compassion and make sure I understand each step. The only thing I would say negative wise is from their Dallas office. They a little more business upfront, less warm and fuzzy. All in all though they are amazing, and I would recommend them again and again.
Dr. Gada has a wonderful beside manner. He makes you feel comfortable and confident in his decision for treatment. He goes above and beyond to reassure you when things are going well, and comfort you when there is bad news or a set back. Dr. Gada is very personable. He is willing to give you a lot of time and never makes you feel rushed. There really is no "dumb" question and he takes the time to answer each of them. He will tell you like it is, but in a very respectable manner.
If you have a question, ask it.
I am on an agonist protocol because of the PCOS. They had me on 10 unit of lupron for 10 days then took that down to 5 units. Then I take Menopur every morning and Lupron and Gonal f at night. I started off with 150 gonal f until my first blood work and have now been on 225 gonal f. Everything else has stayed the same. I am having to stim for a couple days longer, but I should be retrieving in the next few days.
$16,000 for ICSI, Retrieval, all sono, bloodwork, genetic testing, and meds. I will have to pay another $4,000 for the transfer.
My doctor doesn't have a huge preference until you are wanting to transfer more than 2. He recommends only one.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
My only complaint about this clinic [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] is that they are a bit disorganized. I never got reminder phone calls about appointments. Once I was called while I was on my way to my appointment and told that my appointment time was actually early than I'd been told. They didn't care that much that I was late, but I'm not sure who was right in that situation. I had a surgery before my FET cycle started and at the post-op appointment, the doctor said he wanted to see me on the first couple days of my next cycle for a scan and we could get started after that. Turns out that was my baseline sono to start our FET cycle and I got all of my cycle paperwork that morning and had to pay our fees. I was not expecting that, but maybe I'd misunderstood at previous appointment. If I hadn't been through IVF and FETs at a previous clinic, I think the lack of preparedness would have stressed me out. But as a veteran infertility patient, it didn't bother me too much. I knew what questions to ask and more or less what to expect in each step of the process.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
My only complaint about this clinic is that they are a bit disorganized. I never got reminder phone calls about appointments. Once I was called while I was on my way to my appointment and told that my appointment time was actually early than I'd been told. They didn't care that much that I was late, but I'm not sure who was right in that situation. I had a surgery before my FET cycle started and at the post-op appointment, the doctor said he wanted to see me on the first couple days of my next cycle for a scan and we could get started after that. Turns out that was my baseline sono to start our FET cycle and I got all of my cycle paperwork that morning and had to pay our fees. I was not expecting that, but maybe I'd misunderstood at previous appointment. If I hadn't been through IVF and FETs at a previous clinic, I think the lack of preparedness would have stressed me out. But as a veteran infertility patient, it didn't bother me too much. I knew what questions to ask and more or less what to expect in each step of the process.
Dr. Gada was very attentive and treated me and my husband like people, not just numbers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Shelly)
I loved all of the nurses and nursing staff. They were knowledgeable and helpful with all questions.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
I love Dr. Gada. He was always willing to answer all of my questions, no matter how silly I thought they were. He explained everything as clearly as possible, but still providing a lot of the science behind decisions, which I liked. He ran whatever tests I asked for, even though some he warned probably wouldn't yield any usable findings. He really seemed well-educated in the most recent IVF techniques and research, willing to try different things to create a better outcome.
Go see him and at least listen to his ideas on how to proceed. Be prepared for him to answer a quick text while he's in with you, but that just means he'll do that for you later on too.
Dr. Gada seemed satisfied with our remaining frozen embryos from our first IVF cycle at a different clinic. (We'd seen another doctor just before in our attempts to get second opinions who said our embryos weren't good after two chemicals and we should fork up the money for a new round of IVF at their clinic). He explained that there will always be about half of the embryos that don't work because of genetics and whatnot. He said lupron was not needed for our frozen transfer prep, so we skipped that and went straight to estrogen pills twice a day for a few weeks. I also added vitamin D and baby aspirin to the protocol because, while they have not been proven to help, they don't hurt anything. After about two weeks on the estrogen pills, I had a lining check and started progesterone in oil nightly (at a higher dosage than I'd used before). Transfer was in the lab facilities in a clean, operating room attached to the lab itself. We transferred two embryos because of my previous chemical pregnancies; he said we'd been cautious before and would be comfortable doing either one or two embryos. I continued on estrogen and progesterone until week 12. I am currently 13 weeks pregnant with twins.
The FET was $3000. We transferred our embryos to their lab also, and that fee was about $400 I think.
The doctor had us fill out a form explaining what the clinic recommends based on my age and history. Because we'd been cautious in the past and had so many chemical pregnancies, the doctor was ok with our decision to transfer two embryos.
Southlake
They [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] were organized, kind, and explained every step of the IVF process. Payment process was not explained well. If you had insurance coverage wasn’t explained 100% either. I did know what my final cost would be....[Cost Of Treatment] After insurance about 4000.00...[Nursing Staff] They were kind, and answered questions when I was panicking. They really wanted success for me and were compassionate.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
They were organized, kind, and explained every step of the IVF process. Payment process was not explained well. If you had insurance coverage wasn’t explained 100% either. I did know what my final cost would be.
I felt like I was apart of the entire process. He put everything that was about to unfold into terms I could understand and genuinely wanted my feedback. He knew my anxiety was high and he continually made me feel at ease. He was kind, but blunt. I respected that.
I loved being a patient of Dr. Chantilis. He’s a bit quirky, but loved that about him. He was very honest about our chances in conceiving, but still made us feel at ease. He did run a little behind schedule on our transfer day, but still eased my anxiety. He was positive through the whole process. We got the results we were hoping for and are hoping to return to him next April (2019) for our last embryo transfer. We only had two perfect embryos and so we are hoping for the same results. I would trust Dr. Chantilis with my life. He’s an amazing doctor.
Go in with an open mind. He has a quirky bedside manor but is different when you meet with him for results. If you can’t handle brutal honesty he probably not a doctor you should see as he doesn’t sugar coat things. If he feels he can’t handle you due to weight, severity of issues present etc. he will let you know. He wants what’s best for you and will do his best to keep you from a high risk situation.
Not sure exactly, but I was on estrace, lupron, and follistim with a trigger shot. After transfer progesterone in oil until 10 weeks
After insurance about 4000.00
He would only do one embryo due to my age and not having recurrent loses.
Dallas
The entire office [DFW Fertility Associates] knew me by name. It took a while to find the right treatment to get my embryos implant, and when they were negative or cycles cancelled, they hugged me, encouraged me, and comforted me. It was way beyond what had to be done, I felt like a part of a team all working together to get my miracle family started.... The only downside is the procedures are in Dallas, about an hour drive from the clinic.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The only downside is the procedures are in Dallas, about an hour drive from the clinic. Everything else was absolutely fantastic. I'm willing to drive to have the best care
The entire office knew me by name. It took a while to find the right treatment to get my embryos implant, and when they were negative or cycles cancelled, they hugged me, encouraged me, and comforted me. It was way beyond what had to be done, I felt like a part of a team all working together to get my miracle family started.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Nancy)
Nancy, Shelley and the entire staff were like family to me. They hugged and comforted me when things didn't go well. When I did get my positive they yelled and celebrated with me. I absolutely love everyone in the office. I couldn't have asked for better support through a difficult process
My husband and I both work in analytical fields. Dr. Gada was so patient and dove deep into the data with us, answering all our questions, giving us supporting data. When there was a problem at the lab, he helped make it right quickly and assured us it would go as planned or we wouldn't pay. He was caring when we hit frustrations and I felt like he cared deeply about our results too. My husband and I truly loved Dr. Gada as our doctor
Make your appointment now, don't wait. He really cares deeply about his patient, and is so kind to his staff. I felt I was among family. Bring your questions and worries, Dr Gada will address them all
My egg retrieval was straight forward. 12 eggs, 8 fertilized, 4 healthy 5 day. My lining was really troublesome. The lining would get close, but not reach a good number. We ended up using letrozole in the cycle and my lining went from average of 6.5 to 7.5mm. We had to adjust progesterone a few times with that, but we eventually got there.
My insurance covered the majority of the costs (so blessed). I fought hard to have the lab portion covered and I did eventually win
We went with single transfer, single, and then double. I felt like he did an excellent job explaining the risks, especially with my lining issues
Dallas
My meeting with Dr Thomas were great and I could feel her compassion. But the practice [DFW Fertility Associates] is extremely busy. I rarely was able to meet with Dr Thomas. Often when I met with her (for visits we paid cash for - 100% out of pocket) she would be getting paged or interrupted so the visits were unsatisfactory or disjointed because she was distracted. She would often be running late. Sonographers did all of my ultrasounds and they were frequently not sure of what they were seeing, which would cause me to have to return to the office for an additional ultrasound (which I had to pay for because we were out of pocket). The doctors, nurses and sonographers did not communicate well, which resulted in confusion in my protocol for my last two IUI cycles.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The clinic is very busy - I felt like a number at this clinic. I saw a sonographer more than my doctor. I did not feel like I received sufficient care from my doctor.
My meeting with Dr Thomas were great and I could feel her compassion. But the practice is extremely busy. I rarely was able to meet with Dr Thomas. Often when I met with her (for visits we paid cash for - 100% out of pocket) she would be getting paged or interrupted so the visits were unsatisfactory or disjointed because she was distracted. She would often be running late. Sonographers did all of my ultrasounds and they were frequently not sure of what they were seeing, which would cause me to have to return to the office for an additional ultrasound (which I had to pay for because we were out of pocket). The doctors, nurses and sonographers did not communicate well, which resulted in confusion in my protocol for my last two IUI cycles.
Nurses didn't check the web portal, were hard to reach via phone and didn't have good communication with Dr Thomas. I constantly had to ask about meds, clarify dosage and have them follow-up with Dr Thomas. Additionally, I often felt like I was bothering them with questions.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
This practice is very busy and centered around seeing as many patients as possible vs patient care. Sonographers did all of my ultrasounds. Dr Thomas frequently didn't communicate changes in protocol to nurses so I was constantly having to advocate for myself and ask about medications Dr Thomas wanted me to take. I reminded Dr Thomas every single IUI that I spotted and she would need to have me on progesterone, yet each time she forgot and I had to ask about it. Dr Thomas was frequently distracted when we had consultations and was often being paged.
I would get opinions from several clinics and also ask how involved Dr Thomas will actually be involved in patient care vs sonographers. Ask about her communication of protocol changes to nurses.
2 IUIs with femera, 1 with injectables. No pregnancy. Multiple ultrasounds because she frequently thought something was wrong with my uterus but never found anything.
about $1k/IUI
IVF, Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
One thing I found odd was the pictures of babies all over the waiting room [at DFW Fert Assoc ]...[Nursing Staff] I don't really remember. The truth is that we dealt mostly with Dr. Lee directly (which I liked)...I remember spending about $400 on medications for the one medicated cycle that we did and maybe another few hundred dollars for some ultrasounds that were not covered during this cycle....I vastly preferred this practice to the other practice I went to in Dallas.
IVF, Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I vastly preferred this practice to the other practice I went to in Dallas. One thing I found odd was the pictures of babies all over the waiting room. However, I did like the big window looking out onto a tree. Anyway, Dr. Lee is great. She is really kind and thoughtful and I totally recommend her.
I had a bad experience with another fertility doctor in the Dallas area before I came to Dr. Lee as a patient. I told her why I didn't like the other Dallas-based doctor - I felt like he didn't make eye contact with me or talk directly to me but instead focused on my husband during important discussions. I also didn't feel like other Dallas-based doctor wanted to partner with another doctor we had been seeing in California to get a second opinion on how to handle my diagnosis of Asherman's Syndrome (intrauterine scarring caused by a D&C following a miscarriage) and was defensive and weird about taking suggestions from other doctors. As a result, Dr. Lee was a total dream. She made so much eye contact with me and always spoke directly to me and made sure I understood everything. She was also really happy to work with the California doctor and have us go to him for hysteroscopies and then come to her for fertility drugs when we got the green light to conceive. Dr. Lee definitely made me feel like a human.
I went to Dr. Lee after I left another Dallas-based fertility doctor's practice. I was in the process of being treated for Asherman's Syndrome by a doctor in California. Dr. Lee agreed to partner with the California doctor on the treatment of my Asherman's Syndrome and then when the California doctor said it was okay to move forward, Dr. Lee was going to give us fertility drugs and help us actually get pregnant since I also have PCOS and wasn't ovulating regularly. So basically she just held our hand in Dallas while I was having my Asherman's Syndrome treated in California (two hysteroscopies followed by estrogen therapy), and then provided a protocol for trying to get pregnant once it was okay to try again. I only did only one cycle with Dr. Lee because I got pregnant that first try - yay! It was quite the experience though: I took letrozole and follistim and then did a trigger shot plus timed intercourse. At the time of the trigger shot, I had a lot of mature looking follicles (10+) BUT my lining was very thin (only around 4mm). Dr. Lee was a little concerned about the risk of multiples, but thought it was extremely unlikely that I would get pregnant because my lining was so thin and she actually thought I should have yet another hysteroscopy to figure out what was going on. I think the idea had been to do an IUI or a fresh IVF transfer but that plan got called off because of the thin lining and we didn't want to freeze embryos because we were about to move to yet another city. Anyway, we did the timed intercourse with the thin lining and lots of follicles and I got pregnant with di-tri triplets (identical twins sharing a placenta plus a singleton). I think Dr. Lee felt bad that this was the result since she knew it would be a really complicated pregnancy with an uncertain outcome and to reduce the risks, I would have to choose a multi-fetal pregnancy reduction of the identical twins (I remember what she said at the ultrasound: "I've seen this work out" - not what you want to hear). I opted for the multi-fetal pregnancy reduction of the identical twins (this was done with a MFM doctor in New York City, not Dallas). Multiples like this when you already have fertility issues can be very emotionally painful - I'm still sad about what happened. So that really sucked. HOWEVER, I do have a beautiful daughter who is almost 2 and is doing great and I have Dr. Lee in part to thank for that! She was a really tiny baby (3 pounds 11 ounces) and had to come out early due to intrauterine growth restriction either caused by the Asherman's Syndrome or by the triplet pregnancy. Anyway, yes - I got the result I wanted: one healthy child and on the first try with this doctor! But, no, it was not an easy experience. I still really like Dr. Lee though, obviously. She has great bedside manner.
I don't have any. She's great.
I think I already described it above. We did one cycle of letrozole, follistim, trigger shot and timed intercourse. In retrospect, this was probably too aggressive. See the multiples issue described above. But on the other hand it worked!
I remember spending about $400 on medications for the one medicated cycle that we did and maybe another few hundred dollars for some ultrasounds that were not covered during this cycle. I think everything else was covered by our insurance and I only paid co-pays. I really don't remember though.
I don't have any thoughts on this because we didn't get there with this doctor and I didn't really talk to her about it. I think she is more open to multiples than other doctors I've been too though.
2011 - 2012
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
This clinic [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] is clean, and professional. However, I never felt that the lady that checked me out after my appts was that friendly. She wasn't very warm. But, the environment aside from her was friendly...Monitoring appts went smoothly...The nursing staff was very friendly, professional, compassionate, and encouraging...While I liked her [Dr. Lee] as a person and doctor, I just feel that sympathy was missing.
2011 - 2012
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
This clinic is clean, and professional. However, I never felt that the lady that checked me out after my appts was that friendly. She wasn't very warm. But, the environment aside from her was friendly.
I felt like both a number and human in that she didn't really show any emotion or encourage when I was saddened by an unsuccessful cycle or ectopic miscarriage. However, she was pleasant.
Karen Lee is a very pleasant doctor. She was very thorough and honest with me about my diagnosis, treatment, and what to expect. She's very professional and gives attention to detail. However, I didn't feel that she was in tune with my emotions. It kind of felt like she was afraid to get a little emotionally invested in what I was feeling as a patient. I don't recall her ever giving me words of encouragment on those tough days I found out I had an ectopic miscarriage. While I liked her as a person and doctor, I just feel that sympathy was missing.
Let her know that you not only need her to sympathize on those tough days; you need her to acknowledge your pain, and not quietly walk away.
I can't remember specifics of my protocol as it was 5 yrs ago, but I do remember during my iui had to use egg stimulating hormones, have my follicles monitored and checked every other day, and triggered with ovudriel when it was time. During my IVF protocol I again used egg stimulating hormone injections such as lupron, and progesterone in oil (PIO). I also used the trigger shot when it was time.
Monitoring appts went smoothly. It wasn't uncomfortable. Dr. Lee was very gentle. None of the appts conflicted with my schedule.
I don't remember the exact cost, but I do remember paying little to nothing for my mefication and treatment as my insurance covered the majority of my treatment and medication bills.
Dr. Lee just advised that I transfer 2 embryos during my first round of IVF, and 1 embryo during my FET.
PCOS, Other
[DFW Fertility Associates is] Easy to locate! In the Medical City hospital. Quick wait time in the waiting room. No issues. Small office but has everything you need. I’ll go somewhere else for procedures but I haven’t been to that office yet.... I encountered a few different nurses for the different testing and stages of the visit. Every single nurse was amazing and so sweet. You feel comfortable in the office and they know it’s not an easy place for you to be. They chitchat with you and make you feel comfortable during the sono, bloodwork, whatever! Absolutely the sweetest nursing staff I’ve encountered in this process. Quick to answer phone calls and questions too which is a must for me!
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
She made jokes, she asked my husband about his eye when he was having trouble with it, she said she wanted to value my time and we could get testing started ASAP or come another day. She chatted about my friend and her baby and remembered when they came to her for treatment.
So sweet! I encountered a few different nurses for the different testing and stages of the visit. Every single nurse was amazing and so sweet. You feel comfortable in the office and they know it’s not an easy place for you to be. They chitchat with you and make you feel comfortable during the sono, bloodwork, whatever! Absolutely the sweetest nursing staff I’ve encountered in this process. Quick to answer phone calls and questions too which is a must for me! My OBs office is NOT like that at all!
Dr. Lawrence was to the point and didn’t waste anytime. She got us started with testing on our very first appointment. She was easy to talk to, willing to answer every question, and was reassuring the whole time. I felt so comfortable and at ease with her. Can’t wait to continue with treatment!
Go to her!! Don’t waste time anywhere else.
Dallas - Forest Lane
The clinic [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Assoc-Dallas] has been very easy to deal with. They have also been helpful in getting insurance information. I have been to other clinics and they were no where near as friendly as this one. Grateful to have friendly faces in the midst of a hard situation... They have a lump fee of $700 for a medicated cycle. But you can also pay for each appointment separately, which is helpful if you won't be having blood work done.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The clinic has been very easy to deal with. They have also been helpful in getting insurance information. I have been to other clinics and they were no where near as friendly as this one. Grateful to have friendly faces in the midst of a hard situation.
Dr. Lee took time to answer all of our questions on our initial consultation. She was compassionate and helpful.
Katie is wonderful! She has been great to work with, compassionate and always quick to call back should I miss her at her desk. She has made the entire process much smoother than anticipated. You can tell she really cares and values you.
Dr. Lee is very knowledgable and has great bedside manner. She was easy to talk to and listened as we asked all of our questions, taking time to answer each one. She didn't make you feel like another patient to get through in the day, but was very compassionate and encouraging.
While you are given a sheet of risks for the medications you take, it wouldn't hurt to ask more specific questions about each medicine while discussing with her.
Clomid was used to help grow more follicles and a trigger shot was used to help with ovulation timing.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[DFW Fert Associates] Strength: Runs mostly on time, sweetest phlebotomist (Diana?) and sonographer (Candice?) Weaknesses: I didn't know this until after I stopped going here, but they don't treat same-sex couples...Everyone in the office was very caring- especially the phlebotomist Diana....I didn't have much communication with my nurse so I can't say much. I would just get an afternoon call with my results....Around $10,000 for a fresh retrieval/transfer and ICSI
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Strength: Runs mostly on time, sweetest phlebotomist (Diana?) and sonographer (Candice?) Weaknesses: I didn't know this until after I stopped going here, but they don't treat same-sex couples. This doesn't seem right to me. If you're a doctor, how can you deny treatment to people who want to start a family? This is the #1 reason I won't recommend this clinic to friends.
Everyone in the office was very caring- especially the phlebotomist Diana. The doctor seemed to care, but it was not as easy to contact her compared to my previous doctor who would personally call me with results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Erica?)
I felt like the doctor was caring and confident. She disagreed with my previous RE and I really trusted her opinion. She told me my concerns were nothing to be worried about. Upon reviewing my case with 2 other REs, they both disagreed with Dr. Lee's course of treatment and said my concern was valid and probably the biggest reason by 2 transfers failed. This has made me view my experience differently.
If your concerns are blown off, don't give up. Get different opinions and don't assume the doctor's confidence means that their opinion is the right one.
Antagonist protocol with Follistim, Menopur, and Ganirelix. The trigger shot was Pregnyl. We used ICSI.
Around $10,000 for a fresh retrieval/transfer and ICSI
The doctor left this decision up to me and didn't pressure me in any way.
Dallas
The location [of DFW Fertility Associates] is centrally located and easy to get to. Parking is easy but the only downfall is you have to pay like $1.00, which is not uncommon. The clinics staff works well together and its evident that they communicate between each other often. They interacted with each other like family. It was a very comfortable environment.... the drugs varied depending on the protocol anywhere between $2000-$5500. Doctor fee was about $2500 and lab fee was about $3500.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The location is centrally located and easy to get to. Parking is easy but the only downfall is you have to pay like $1.00, which is not uncommon. The clinics staff works well together and its evident that they communicate between each other often. They interacted with each other like family. It was a very comfortable environment.
Dr. Laurence treated me like a friend. She went out of her way to let me know I was important to her. It was obvious that she had my best interest in mind. She called me numerous times to check on me or to let me know she was disappointed about our failed cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
She was very compassionate and knowledgeable about the IVF process. She never missed a beat. Always on top of everything.
Dr. Lawrence is very knowledgeable and went out of her way to make sure i understood every detail of the treatment. I always felt like I was the only patient she had that day. She never made me feel rushed.
Be honest with her. She is very open to listening and accommodating to your needs.
First cycle we used max drugs because of my low ovarian reserve. I only produced 2 eggs that round. The next 2 cycles we used less drugs. It was more successful. We added ICSI to help with the fragmenting.
She said she would transfer no more than two considering my age.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
It is just Dr. Lawrence in her office [at DFW Fert Assoc - Med City], so if she is out you have go to the main office. However, the sonographers at the main office are amazing too! With Dr. Lawrence she did all of my ultrasounds, unless she was unavailable...Everything was told to us upfront. There wasn't any hidden fees or last minute charges. The only thing we didn't know off hand was the cost of the medications because they varied...
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
It is just Dr. Lawrence in her office, so if she is out you have go to the main office. However, the sonographers at the main office are amazing too! With Dr. Lawrence she did all of my ultrasounds, unless she was unavailable.
She would hug me every time I saw her in the office. She called me at 9pm with her kids in the background the night of my retrieval to make sure I was ok. During my pregnancy she called to check on me. My husband is a phyisician also, and never once did she talk over my head and she explained EVERYTHING to us. Even with the million questions I asked every visit. She never seemed like she needed to have me hurry up and leave. I could not have gone through IVF without her. She's amazing!!
She only had one nurse and she was great, extremely informative.
She is amazing. She was understanding and compassionate. I never felt like I was just a number. She has incredible bedside manners!
You will not go wrong! Be ready with questions so will answer every one!
I honestly can not remember, I do know she was cautiously aggressive with my treatment.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Timely, easy billing, compassionate, treated you like a human [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates]...Receptionist a little rude...She [Dr. Karen Lee] did all 3 egg retrievals, she took time to talk with me after the first sonogram of our second pregnancy when things didn't look good, she called me after our 3rd retrieval to let me know that the pgs tested embryos were abnormal. She was available for all consultations...She was great. The only thing I would say is that I had to recommend treatment to her sometimes. For example after my second loss, I asked about coq10, dhea, and estrogen priming protocol. I felt like she should have mentioned these things.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Timely, easy billing, compassionate, treated you like a human Receptionist a little rude
She did all 3 egg retrievals, she took time to talk with me after the first sonogram of our second pregnancy when things didn't look good, she called me after our 3rd retrieval to let me know that the pgs tested embryos were abnormal. She was available for all consultations
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Emilee)
Wonderful and compassionate
Do your own research and ask questions
First cycles- lupron with bc, 150 menopur, 350 Follistim - 2 eggs, 1 embryo, 3 day transfer, 16 weeks miscarriage with abnormal chromosome Second cycle - bc, 150 menopur, 350 follistim, ganarelix- 7 eggs, 2 embryos, 5 day transfer with both, 10 week miscarriage Third cycle - same as 2nd cycle but added pgs testing. I had been taking coq10, dhea, acupuncture, herbs- 9 eggs, 2 embryos to day 6 PGS. Both came back abnormal I have a very fertile uterus and abnormal embryos are likely to attach and miscarry. Suggestions is to always pgs test
Insurance paid 100% after my deductible was met
2013 - 2014
PCOS, Unexplained
Wait time [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] can be an issue. But the staff are very helpful and friendly...Dr Chantilis was very good. He was honest and candid about treatments. The staff were also very warm and welcoming...Be honest with your objectives and expectations. He is willing to be as aggressive as you want in treatments but he is also willing to slow things down if you need a break. We started with monitored clomid cycles. They were unsuccessful so we then changed to injections of fsh and iui which was one cycle and was unsuccessful. He then suggested hsg to see if there were any blockages in Fallopian tubes. The next month we tried letrezole and fsh injections with IUI because the clomid alone and fsh alone had failed. This time I had too many eggs for the IUI so dr Chantilis switched it to a IVF where they would retrieve eggs and do an embryo transfer. It resulted in a successful twin pregnancy
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Wait time can be an issue. But the staff are very helpful and friendly
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Ruth)
She was precise and very knowledgeable. Also always delivered results on time.
He is very thorough and experienced. He is knowledgable about procedures and covers all options.
Medications were costly but I was given samples a few times as I was a cash patient. They also gave me discounts every cycle because I was a cash patient. They also have a standard cost for types of cycles and do not break down per visit for example it was a set amount for IUI excluding meds, but it would include all the scans and labs
PCOS, Unexplained
I researched cost for each individual procedure and Dr. Gada [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] charges on the lower end of what I consider to be average...It’s a great clinic. The staff is fantastic. I have not had success yet, but feel confident that I will. Honestly the only criticism I have is that parking can be a little annoying because the lot is usually full...I love all of the girls at Dr. Gada’s office. They remembered me after about two or three visits and have always made me feel comfortable and have made the process very easy. Additionally I never feel like I’m being hounded about payment which can be a stressful thing when dealing with infertility.
Latino, Other
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Dr. Gada is always very personable. He remembers every detail about his patients and seems invested in our lives and success.
Dr. Gada has great bedside manner, is very approachable and friendly. He knows when to be serious and when to use humor to diffuse a situation and has always made me feel completely comfortable. I feel confident that he will eventually be able to help us conceive.
He can be a little silly sometimes which is something I appreciate, but if you expect your RE to be very serious at all times he may not be the right one for you.
Before starting any kind of fertility treatment I researched cost for each individual procedure and Dr. Gada charges on the lower end of what I consider to be average.
Dr. Gada is pretty adamant about SET as the goal is a healthy baby and mother when all is said and done. We are not yet at a point where we would consider transferring more than one embryo, but if we got to that point I’m sure he would work with us on what is best.
Southlake
The clinic [DFW Fertility Associates] is clean and easily accessible in a great location with places to meet my spouse for lunch to discuss what we went through afterwards. It felt very private and the set up was great for the initial consultation and the followup medical visits.... Dr. Gada's nurse and administrative staff are so kind and fun and energetic. They make every visit something to look forward to during such a difficult time.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The clinic is clean and easily accessible in a great location with places to meet my spouse for lunch to discuss what we went through afterwards. It felt very private and the set up was great for the initial consultation and the followup medical visits.
Before any treatment, Dr. Gada spoke with me in a comfortable private office setting rather than on a medical table. He went over every question and concern I had with the detail I appreciate. He made me feel comfortable discussing all the options and concerns I had like I was speaking with a friend instead of a doctor I just met.
Dr. Gada does not rush you and clearly goes over all necessary information and questions. He reads his patients well in knowing if they need the conversations to be light or more serious. He also tells you what you need to hear, not what you want to hear, but he does so in a delicate way.
Be honest and discuss everything without embarrassment.
We have not completed the services, but the expected cost is approximately $15,000 for IVF
Dr. Gada understood we are interested in eSET only.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths - small clinic [DFW Fert Assoc], takes time with patients. Weaknesses - can run behind schedule because they really take their time with patients....Kelly is amazing. She really takes time with her patients, and gets to know them through the process. She knows her stuff, and has been doing fertility for a while so she can answer many quick questions....We used the ARC 3 cycle success plan to finance our treatment....Dr. Lawrence is a great doctor.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Strengths - small clinic, takes time with patients. Weaknesses - can run behind schedule because they really take their time with patients.
Dr. Lawrence is awesome! She gets the fertility challenges because she has been through several of the procedures herself. She is compassionate and a great doctor, and really takes the time to listen to you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Moore)
Dr. Lawrence is a great doctor. We have not started our IVF procedure yet with her but we are already impressed. She really took the time with us learning our history and reading our records. She made us feel important, and was making sure we understood where we were in the process. I highly recommend her.
Ask questions...if you don't understand why she wants to do something. Ask her to explain why and show research to prove what she wants to do.
Estrogen priming and microdose Lupron. Max dose of Follistim and Menopur.
We used the ARC 3 cycle success plan to finance our treatment.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
They [DFW Fert Assoc] are great about working you in when needed. Front desk/ check out staff are friendly and helpful...All monitoring appts are in the morning between 8:30-10:30 so the blood results (if needed) could be done same day....Brittany is wonderful!! She is willing to spend time to explain things, is caring and so empathetic to our situation!...I felt my first egg retrieval was rushed due to the Christmas holiday. In that instance, someone should have suggested my cycle Be pushed until the new year to avoid a lab member having to work on Christmas Day.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
They are great about working you in when needed. Front desk/ check out staff are friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Brittany)
Dr Thomas was great at considering our long term and short term goals for our family. She took into account all variables to make recommendations and had great bedside manner. Besides the one incident where I felt our egg retrieval may have been rushed due to the holidays, I have nothing but good thing to say about her.
You're in good hands
Dr. Thomas used specific stimulation protocols to target our diagnosis and tailored the treatment to us.
I don't remember exactly buur cycles were between 13,000-18,000 each
Dallas
The clinic [Dallas-Forth Worth Fertility Associates] is organized, low wait times, fantastic nurses for blood draws, always calls in a timely manner with results.... THE MOST INCREDIBLE STAFF! They know how to hire qualified, compassionate staff who honestly care about you as a patient. I miss going in and seeing them.... My total cost of IVF with ICSI was around $15,000... We had male factor infertility. I was put on Lupron, Menopur and Follistim followed by Progesterone Injections after embryo transfer. Resulted in 19 eggs which is almost exactly what he predicted.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The clinic is organized, low wait times, fantastic nurses for blood draws, always calls in a timely manner with results.
I have never had a doctor more involved in my well-being and fighting to us to have a child.
Dr. Gada is absolutely incredible. He took the very scary experience of going through IVF and made it manageable. He took the absolute best care of me. I ended up in the ER at 8 weeks pregnant due to my ovary flipping over due to the injections. Dr. Gada was at the ER to treat me, on a Saturday, in less than an hour of receiving the call. He is the ONLY fertility doctor I trust.
Be calm and know you are in the best hands as possible.
My total cost of IVF with ICSI was around $15,000
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
This clinic [DFW Fertility Associates] is an excellent facility. The staff is welcoming and helpful. The clinic is comfortable. We really loved everything about the process. The office itself is a little dated but that didn’t bother us.... Each IUI was about $900.... First IUI we did clomid and then a trigger shot. Since I had recurrent loss, I started progesterone right after the IUI. I tested negative that round and on my next baseline sono there was a cyst so I did 2 weeks of birth control. The cyst cleared so we did another IUI with letrozole and a trigger shot. It was successful!
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
This clinic is an excellent facility. The staff is welcoming and helpful. The clinic is comfortable. We really loved everything about the process. The office itself is a little dated but that didn’t bother us.
Lawrence was so warm and welcoming! She has a great sense of humor which made us feel so comfortable. She never pushed us to do something we didn’t want to do.
She was straight to the point of getting us pregnant! She did not want to fiddle around which was exactly what we wanted. I will trust her with all of my babies! When I went on bedrest later in my pregnancy, she came to visit and sent cookies. She truly cares about her patients.
Each IUI was about $900.
Other, Unexplained
There was one nurse [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] I didn't care for. She wasn't compassionate and didn't seem to enjoy her job. She is no longer with the clinic. All the other nurses were wonderful...She [Dr. Mika Thomas] listened to me every step of the way. When I had my miscarriage, she held my hand and then gave me a hug before I left the clinic. After I had my daughter, she remembered me when I came back to see her. She remembers who I am in settings outside the clinic.
Other, Unexplained
She listened to me every step of the way. When I had my miscarriage, she held my hand and then gave me a hug before I left the clinic. After I had my daughter, she remembered me when I came back to see her. She remembers who I am in settings outside the clinic.
There was one nurse I didn't care for. She wasn't compassionate and didn't seem to enjoy her job. She is no longer with the clinic. All the other nurses were wonderful
If possible, she cares too much about her patients. It can sometimes cause her to run behind but when you need the extra time, she is always there for you. I had an issue with her nurse and she personally called me to discuss what happened and our next treatment plan. She is an amazing person and doctor
Educate yourself so you can ask educated questions
We did a quick start cycle because I can't take birth control pills. She managed the increase in meds accordingly and we had a great outcome
I hav insurance coverage so I only had to pay my coinsurance. I do know they were willing to work with me and my insurance to ensure coverage
I had 4 good quality embryos on transfer day. I wanted to transfer 2 and was very upset that the embryologist said only 1. Dr Thomas came to explain why she felt that 1 was the best option for me, given we were doing a fresh transfer, good quality embryos, and my age. I listened to her and am happy that I did, as our fresh transfer resulted in a healthy singleton
Other, Unexplained
Everyone [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility] was great. There was a bit of a wait on our first visit, but after that it seemed like we were always in and out fairly quickly...They were all very professional and nice...After initial tests and scans she first recommended starting with medication. Chlomid had not worked for me so she recommended using Letrozole. After that did not work on it's own we upped the dose and added Ovidrel. We had one failed IUI. We were repeating the treatment, but were out of town when the IUI would need to happen and we ended up conceiving without it.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Everyone was great. There was a bit of a wait on our first visit, but after that it seemed like we were always in and out fairly quickly.
She was always very warm and seemed open and honest.
They were all very professional and nice.
I found her to be very knowledgeable. She had a warm and kind manner, but she also seemed to have a sense of humor. I felt she was trustworthy and honest about our treatment and her recommendations. I felt she took the necessary steps to test and review our fertility situation and make recommendations that felt comfortable to us. There was no pressure to do anything we were uncomfortable with at any time.
Follow her advice and don't wait to move forward with treatment.
Insurance covered some but not all
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Everyone at the clinic [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] was very polite and professional. Most of my appointments were on time or early. 75% of the time I was able to schedule my appointment with the times I could fit in with my work schedule...Brittany [nurse] was great with the communication with me. I would call with many questions and she made sure to answer them all, or ask Dr. Thomas for clairfication.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Everyone at the clinic was very polite and professional. Most of my appointments were on time or early. 75% of the time I was able to schedule my appointment with the times I could fit in with my work schedule.
She has experienced fertility issues herself and understand the struggle and pain you go through.
Brittany was great with the communication with me. I would call with many questions and she made sure to answer them all, or ask Dr. Thomas for clairfication.
Loved my time with her. She has always taken the time to make sure we understand our options and is always willing to take any time needed to answer the questions that we have. She is very open and honest regarding the options you have, and will help you make those tough choices. She is very thorough with all of the testing and procedures to find an answer and/or treatment.
Trust that she is doing everything to help you become pregnant.
My IUI's were not covered under insurance and cost around $500.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
There is a lot of volume [DFW Fert Assoc - Dallas], and you have to be an advocate for yourself. Brittany, Dr Thomas' nurse, and the sonogram tech are wonderfully kind and helpful. While I've heard negatives about other physicians at the clinic, Dr Thomas' team has been terrific....$9000 for full stim cycle $7000 for mini IVF...Make follow up appointments to speak with her - don't miss the opportunity and only work with the nurses...I've been through two cycles
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
There is a lot of volume, and you have to be an advocate for yourself. Brittany, Dr Thomas' nurse, and the sonogram tech are wonderfully kind and helpful. While I've heard negatives about other physicians at the clinic, Dr Thomas' team has been terrific.
She is extremely compassionate and solutions- oriented. She has been a Godsend after my first experience with a RE who had terrible bedside manner. I've been through two cycles with her, and the second cycle her adjustments resulted in a considerable increase in both eggs retrieved and embryos at the blastocyst stage.
First cycle - full stim IVF with 75/day Menopur and 300/day Gonal F - resulted in 3 eggs and one blastocyst Second cycle - mini IVF with Clomid, 75/day menopur and 100-150/day Gonal F - resulted in 5 eggs and two blastocysts
$9000 for full stim cycle $7000 for mini IVF
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Wait time as a new patient was 1 hour. I almost walked out, but I knew I wanted a baby so I suffered through it. On the strength side, they [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] are very organized and you get lab results day of so there’s no waiting around for results.... In the beginning, the nurse forgot to call in my birth control prescription.... Where Dr. Chantilis lacks in bedside manner his nursers fill in. Overall they make a great team with his expertise and their compassion, friendliness, and overall organizational skills.
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Wait time as a new patient was 1 hour. I almost walked out, but I knew I wanted a baby so I suffered through it. On the strength side, they are very organized and you get lab results day of so there’s no waiting around for results.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
He’s very smart, experienced, and knows what he is doing. Overall, I got the results from him that I expected (a baby). Not the best bedside manner, but that’s more his personality, and not anything I took personally.
$15,000 (which is the price i was quoted initially) including one round of FET and freeze all cycle and medicine.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Some of the office staff [at DFW Fertility Associates] recognized us by name/face. It was nice to see that they remembered us when we were there....[Nurse] Deborah is great! I love her professionalism. She responds to my emails super fast. She listens to my concerns and addresses them immediately. I know she must be an incredibly busy woman, but she was always right there when I needed something from her.
IVF, Donor Eggs
I know my doctor is busy, but I felt like he took the time we needed to sit and talk. I didn't feel rushed by him, and I felt like we had his full attention while we were meeting with him. Some of the office staff recognized us by name/face. It was nice to see that they remembered us when we were there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Deborah)
I felt like Dr. C really cared about us as patients. And he really wanted the best for us. He was always honest with us, but had a gentle way of sharing his thoughts if it didn't necessarily align with mine.
This doesn't apply specifically to Dr. Chantilis. I would advise this to anyone - always make sure you "click" with your doctors. I've had several over the years, and it's important to find one you work well with.
Dallas
Chandler [nurse at DFW Fertility Associates] seemed to be a bit standoffish when I first met her but when she found out how nervous and anxious I was she was great. She was super helpful and always went above and beyond to answer my questions/ease my mind. She was so sweet when she called to give my positive pregnancy test results too. Loved her!
Dr. Chantillis is so knowledgable and gave us his honest professional opinion. He is calm, patient, and trustworthy. Absolutely loved him and will use him again for any necessary future fertility treatments.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Chandler)
Chandler seemed to be a bit standoffish when I first met her but when she found out how nervous and anxious I was she was great. She was super helpful and always went above and beyond to answer my questions/ease my mind. She was so sweet when she called to give my positive pregnancy test results too. Loved her!
Loved Chantillis! He is smart, gentle and patient. We are currently 18 weeks pregnant with our baby boy thanks to Dr Chantillis!
Book your appointment ASAP and trust Dr Chantillis. He knows what he is doing! Heirs personality can be a bit odd (think a quirky professor) but he is so smart and a fantastic doctor.
2010 - 2011
Due to my age, we tried fertility pills and IUI. the first IUI [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] was successful but ended up being a possible tubal pregnancy. After 2 additional failed IUI's Chantilis suggested IVF in order to get the best quality eggs possible. We implanted 3, had 2 taken but lost on along the way. Ended up with a beautiful healthy baby boy...I think after all was said and done we paid 20-30K for 3IUI and 1 IVF treatment
2010 - 2011
na
Chantilis and his staff were informative and made you feel like they cared about the outcome and your mental and physical well being.
Always helpful and open with communication
Chantilis kept us well informed and explained the procedures and the reasonings of why he recommended what he did. He did not sugar coat the process or the possible outcomes.
Do what he says! He helped us conceive when I never thought it was possible.
Due to my age, we tried fertility pills and IUI. the first IUI was successful but ended up being a possible tubal pregnancy. After 2 additional failed IUI's Chantilis suggested IVF in order to get the best quality eggs possible. We implanted 3, had 2 taken but lost on along the way. Ended up with a beautiful healthy baby boy
I think after all was said and done we paid 20-30K for 3IUI and 1 IVF treatment
Dallas
The clinic [Dallas- Fort Worth Fertility Associates] treated us like family and not just a patient. The compassion they showed made a huge impact on our visit since we were really nervous going in. The office followed up when they said they would.... Consult and ultrasound $600... The entire office makes you feel like family including Dr Gada. He was really confident in letting us know our options and understood our financial situation.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The clinic treated us like family and not just a patient. The compassion they showed made a huge impact on our visit since we were really nervous going in. The office followed up when they said they would.
He had really researched our medical history prior to our consult. He was very confident and made me feel comfortable and have hope.
He was very attentive and knowledgeable and didn’t treat us like just a patient. The entire office makes you feel like family including Dr Gada. He was really confident in letting us know our options and understood our financial situation.
Make sure you’re absolutely ready to go thru with whatever it takes. He doesn’t mess around when it comes to treatment plans.
Consult and ultrasound $600
Southlake
[Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates is] clean, modern, comfortable, warm and friendly. Every member of the staff is outstanding...[They] failed to provide specific instructions about re-starting medication.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Clean, modern, comfortable, warm and friendly. Every member of the staff is outstanding.
Personalized, customized approach with constant communication.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr Thomas is an outstanding professional who communicated very clearly information, risks, and benchmarks. She allowed time for any questions I had and was very interested in my state of mind and overall well being throughout. I appreciate her candid, straight forward approach.
Don't hold back with questions or concerns, and don't hesitate to contact her with additional questions or concerns.
Dallas
They [the staff at Dallas Fort Worth Fertility Associates] are available 7 days a week so you do not have to worry about ovulation. The weekends they have an on call doctor that may or may not be your doctor, overall I never had a problem with that. They have a sperm analysis place next door...try 1: 75 Clomid, injectable 50 iu's, HCG, IUI try 2: 50 clomid, 100 iu's, HCG, IUI Try 3: Same, IUI...I paid about 1000 per cycle
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
They are available 7 days a week so you do not have to worry about ovulation. The weekends they have an on call doctor that may or may not be your doctor, overall I never had a problem with that. They have a sperm analysis place next door.
She took time to see me every time and answered all of my questions. Her nurses were also always available for questions
They returned calls within 15-20 minutes. Answered all my questions
She was readily available, was very nice and considerate. Always gave me hope
Don't be afraid to ask questions
I paid about 1000 per cycle
2011 - 2015
PCOS, Unexplained
[Nurses at DFW Fertility Associates] nurses changed so frequently it was hard to keep up... Pharmacy never received /filled the prescription...The nurse finally called me back on the 3rd day and insinuated that I never tried to pick up the med on day 1.
2011 - 2015
PCOS, Unexplained
I felt that Dr. Thomas herself took a personal interest in my case. Always seemed excited to see me. She always offered hope and positivity. She shared personal experiences. Sometimes she would personally call to deliver news or answer questions. I have complete faith in her knowledge and expertise in her field.
Dr. Thomas has had several nurses. I basically made sure to ask Dr. Thomas as many questions as I could when I had appointments with her directly. Her nurses changed so frequently it was hard to keep up.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
I can't say enough good things about her. Because of her I have my son after 12 yrs of trying. I've referred several people to her and they've had success as well.
Be patient and trust her course if action.
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
[The staff at DFW Fertility Associates are] very nice people, would answer all questions or ask the doctor. But again...know how the process...works, be informed of what is going on and ask questions.
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
Kind, caring and compassionate but with a Professional manner. Treated staff and patients well. Truly a good dr.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Emily and Ashley )
Very nice people, would answer all questions or ask the dr. But again patients know how the process and how it works, be informed of what is going on and ask questions.
Very good practice, location and atmosphere is comfortable as doctors assist people, they even often check on you as you go in to general sono. Always there with a comforting touch and kind words- Karen was one of the best ivf drs- texas can offer.
Ask questions. ask about details, and how things work- don't ever assume. Treatments are expensive and most people leave the dr to choose. But research your condition prior to the apt and discuss her thoughts.
2009 - 2010
4 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
My husband would always give me my Progesterone shots. He was OOT [out of town] on night and she [my nurse] met me at a restaurant and gave me my shot. What a sweet lady!
2009 - 2010
4 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Chantilis has such a calm, sweet, disposition. It was so refreshing after the hell I had gone through with two unsuccessful cycles with Brian Barnett. He spoke to me like a human being and made us understand that we would probably never succeed with our own eggs and suggested donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: I wish I did-she was wonderful)
My husband would always give me my Progesterone shots. He was OOT on night and she met me at a restaurant and gave me my shot. What a sweet lady!
Kind, caring, compassionate. A wonderful doctor.
Use him first!
Honestly, it's been too long. I have since burned any paperwork as to not be reminded of what I went through over a four year period.
Never much of a wait, individual attention.
$5k for drugs, $10-15k for procedure.
Dallas
I don't have a negative comment. Dr Thomas [at DFW Fertility Associates] makes an anxiety-prone process as simple and comforting as possible. She treats you like a long time friend and always had a plan ready...Dr Thomas has a very personal approach to care. She makes you feel like she is as emotionally invested in you success as you and your spouse.
I don't have a negative comment. Dr Thomas makes an anxiety-prone process as simple and comforting as possible. She treats you like a long time friend and always had a plan ready.
Fertility treatment in general is a process that takes commitment and pateince.