Genetic counseling: Offered
Dallas, TX 75231
Southlake
910 East Southlake Boulevard
Southlake, TX 76092
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates to a friend?

2019 - 2020
Dr. Lawrence is extremely knowledgable and talkative...strongly recommended 1 embryo at the first transfer. She limited the second transfer to 1 embryo due to my uterine lining not being at an optimal thickness. The third transfer she approved our request to transfer 2 embryos...called me personally after we experienced a chemical pregnancy, and cheered with us after our successful embryo transfer.
Each IUI [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] was about ~600 including the procedure, sperm prep, and Rxs...Egg retrieval, IVF, & blastocyst cryopreservation ~7000...Rxs Stimulation meds for egg retrieval & transfer meds ~4400...liked having the option to visit the Southlake office near work for the majority of my monitoring appointments. I'm thankful for the clear and prompt communication by the staff. One challenge difficult for me was the number of people with infants in the waiting rooms. If there is any way the offices could limit folks bringing their children to appointments, it would make a difference to people struggling with infertility.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Lawrence is extremely knowledgable and talkative. She answered my questions thoughtfully and made recommendations based on evidence and research. She did leave the final decisions up to me, such as when I asked if I might need an ERA to check receptivity, or if I needed to add or change my protocol after a failed cycle and a chemical pregnancy. I am appreciative for her guidance and thoughts through this process. I would definitely return to Dr. Lawrence!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Ask for details and explanations as needed. Expect to go in for frequent quick appointments during treatment cycles - most of my visits were before work and during lunch. I only needed to take time off for the egg retrieval and a couple embryo transfers. Also, ask about support groups and counseling referrals as needed - I'm so happy to have found the Resolve support group! I was hoping to connect with others experiencing fertility issues, and I discovered a group of strong women with stories just like me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Lawrence and her nurses have been wonderful with personalizing our treatment and making sure all our questions were answered. I always received prompt responses. Dr. Lawrence called me personally after we experienced a chemical pregnancy, and cheered with us after our successful embryo transfer. This means so much to us. The lab staff also made my post-transfer recovery as zen as possible when I asked for a moment to do some guided meditation. At times I saw the other MDs and staff for routine appointments, but everyone was kind and personable.
Describe the protocols Laura Lawrence used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
I started with 3 IUIs with Femara and an Ovidrel trigger shot. I produced several eggs each time but all cycles were unsuccessful. I prepped for an egg retrieval with Follistim and Menopur for ~9 days before the trigger shot. Ganirelix was introduced after several days in to prevent natural ovulation. For the frozen transfers (I had 2 each transferring 1 embryo, and 1 transferring 2 embryos), I took birth control to suppress my hormones, and when starting a cycle began Estrace 2x per day (increased incrementally from 1x to 3x per day in the 3rd cycle to build a thicker lining), followed by progesterone in oil injections ~5 days prior to transfer. Regular bloodwork and ultrasound monitoring determined when to transfer the embryo(s).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jill and Kelly)
Love Jill and Kelly!! Exceptional team! I emailed with lots of questions about Rxs, cycles, supplements I'd researched, treatment options, etc., and they were quick and caring in all responses! They empathized with me during failed cycles and celebrated the joy of our final transfer results. Their kindness and compassion has been a gift during this entire journey.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I liked having the option to visit the Southlake office near work for the majority of my monitoring appointments. I'm thankful for the clear and prompt communication by the staff. One challenge difficult for me was the number of people with infants in the waiting rooms. If there is any way the offices could limit folks bringing their children to appointments, it would make a difference to people struggling with infertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Monitoring and labs were billed to my insurance Each IUI was about ~600 including the procedure, sperm prep, and Rxs Stimulation meds for egg retrieval & transfer meds ~4400 Egg retrieval, IVF, & blastocyst cryopreservation ~7000 Additional Oocyte cryopreservation (I chose to freeze eggs beyond the first 10 retrieved) ~800 Frozen Transfer ~3200 each
Describe Laura Lawrence's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Dr. Lawrence strongly recommended 1 embryo at the first transfer. She limited the second transfer to 1 embryo due to my uterine lining not being at an optimal thickness. The third transfer she approved our request to transfer 2 embryos.
Dallas - Forest Lane

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laura Lawrence at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.

Dr Lawrence referred to many numbers (stats) of others in my same age group and situation on many occasions. She left it up to us to decide whether or not we wanted to do a high or low dose protocol since the numbers are 50/50 for success rates. This was not something I was prepared for. I wanted her to give us an individualized treatment plan and not leave that hard decision up to us...She talks very fast and it’s not always clear what she’s talking about. She can use a lot of medicinal terms and then try and explain all of them which can get confusing. I trust her knowledge and capabilities.
They [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] have multiple locations which makes it more convenient. Dr Laurence has her own office location which makes it very nice and easy. It’s never busy. They also Have their own HSG machine and hysteroscopy capabilities so you don’t need to go to another facility if you need these tests...The nursing staff is the best! So communicative and helpful! They really take the time to advocate for you and explain everything.
Ask her to repeat herself if needed or slow down when talking. Also I found it helpful to also consult with the nurses.
I am currently in the middle of my first IVF cycle. Using cloned, Omni trope, follistim, Ganirelix, and Ovidrel. Using low doses of each given my age, low AMH (.95), and high FSH (13).
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
They have multiple locations which makes it more convenient. Dr Laurence has her own office location which makes it very nice and easy. It’s never busy. They also Have their own HSG machine and hysteroscopy capabilities so you don’t need to go to another facility if you need these tests.
Luckily our insurance covers most of our cost. But the IVF lab isn’t under contract so we had to pay $5300 for those costs. Additional $400 for doctor fees and $2000 for PGTA testing. Meds were about $1000
We both agreed on single transfer which we are very happy about.
Dallas - Forest Lane

She [Dr. Lawrence] is so funny, kind, warm-hearted, caring and most importantly, INTELLIGENT! ... We immediately told her IVF was not of interest to us and she respected it 100% no "can I ask why" guilty nonsense. She respected our decision and said let's make sure the iui works perfectly! ... I have unexplained infertility. I have a great egg reserve and my husband's sperm is good. We did 50mg clomid for 5 days and then used ovidrel to release my eggs, which I had plenty of that were large in size. We then did our iui with a good semen sample. Now I'm waiting to see if it worked!
The space is warm and welcoming. It's a small office [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] so it's very intimate and they don't make you feel like you're a stranger or just another patient. The clinic itself if outstanding. ... [nursing staff] She's very sweet, compassionate, and most importantly, patient! I called 5 times in one day for follow-up questions and she took my call each time without hesitation or feeling like I was being too much.
Going through this process despite numerous dr.google searches, there is still way too much information to digest at once. We immediately told her IVF was not of interest to us and she respected it 100% no "can I ask why" guilty nonsense. She respected our decision and said let's make sure the iui works perfectly! That made both my husband and me a lot more comfortable and at ease.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. She can go through everything a little too quickly but has no problem going back and repeating herself or going into more detail.
She is so funny, kind, warm-hearted, caring and most importantly, INTELLIGENT! She answered every question, repeated her answers when I still looked confused and essentially, "held my hand" as we walked through this process. She is outstanding all around.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Ochoa)
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The space is warm and welcoming. It's a small office so it's very intimate and they don't make you feel like you're a stranger or just another patient. The clinic itself if outstanding. I am happy that I don't have any concerns.
All said and done for my iui, I'll be sitting around $1,000.

Male Factor, Other
Laura [Dr. Lawrence] took the time to fully explain what was wrong with my uterus. She also helped us understand the percentage of Iui vs ivf would work for us. We never felt pushed one way or the other. Laura was very thorough in my diagnoses and did not leave anything up to wonder about. She was very open about the cost and she even helped make a rough schedule of IVF for us so we could understand what to plan for.
The waiting room [at DFW Fertility Associates] really needs an update the atmosphere makes you feel like you’re at some rich elderly lady’s house. The staff is fabulous. The med city location needs updating. The clinic always seems to be running on time. I have never had to wait on hold for long periods of time.... Kelly is the primary nurse I’ve had most interaction with. Kelly is always so warm and welcomes any question I might have. She goes above and beyond to find out cost information for on certain tests and treatments.
Male Factor, Other
Laura took the time to fully explain what was wrong with my uterus. She also helped us understand the percentage of Iui vs ivf would work for us. We never felt pushed one way or the other. Laura was very thorough in my diagnoses and did not leave anything up to wonder about. She was very open about the cost and she even helped make a rough schedule of IVF for us so we could understand what to plan for.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Don’t be afraid to ask her to repeat something and don’t be afraid to tell her you are confused or don’t understand what she’s talking about.
Laura loves to teach her patients so they truly understand all aspects of care, she did not push IVF on us she let us take the time to process and decide if we wanted to proceed with IVF.
At this time I am still in the process of ivf and cannot answer this question accurately.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The waiting room really needs an update the atmosphere makes you feel like you’re at some rich elderly lady’s house. The staff is fabulous. The med city location needs updating. The clinic always seems to be running on time. I have never had to wait on hold for long periods of time.

PCOS, Other
Dr. Lawrence was to the point and didn’t waste anytime. She got us started with testing on our very first appointment. She was easy to talk to, willing to answer every question, and was reassuring the whole time. I felt so comfortable and at ease with her. Can’t wait to continue with treatment!... She made jokes, she asked my husband about his eye when he was having trouble with it, she said she wanted to value my time and we could get testing started ASAP or come another day. She chatted about my friend and her baby and remembered when they came to her for treatment.
[DFW Fertility Associates is] Easy to locate! In the Medical City hospital. Quick wait time in the waiting room. No issues. Small office but has everything you need. I’ll go somewhere else for procedures but I haven’t been to that office yet.... I encountered a few different nurses for the different testing and stages of the visit. Every single nurse was amazing and so sweet. You feel comfortable in the office and they know it’s not an easy place for you to be. They chitchat with you and make you feel comfortable during the sono, bloodwork, whatever! Absolutely the sweetest nursing staff I’ve encountered in this process. Quick to answer phone calls and questions too which is a must for me!
PCOS, Other
Go to her!! Don’t waste time anywhere else.
So sweet! I encountered a few different nurses for the different testing and stages of the visit. Every single nurse was amazing and so sweet. You feel comfortable in the office and they know it’s not an easy place for you to be. They chitchat with you and make you feel comfortable during the sono, bloodwork, whatever! Absolutely the sweetest nursing staff I’ve encountered in this process. Quick to answer phone calls and questions too which is a must for me! My OBs office is NOT like that at all!
Dallas - Forest Lane
Dr. Laurence treated me like a friend. She went out of her way to let me know I was important to her. It was obvious that she had my best interest in mind. She called me numerous times to check on me or to let me know she was disappointed about our failed cycles.... First cycle we used max drugs because of my low ovarian reserve. I only produced 2 eggs that round. The next 2 cycles we used less drugs. It was more successful. We added ICSI to help with the fragmenting.
The location [of DFW Fertility Associates] is centrally located and easy to get to. Parking is easy but the only downfall is you have to pay like $1.00, which is not uncommon. The clinics staff works well together and its evident that they communicate between each other often. They interacted with each other like family. It was a very comfortable environment.... the drugs varied depending on the protocol anywhere between $2000-$5500. Doctor fee was about $2500 and lab fee was about $3500.
Dr. Lawrence is very knowledgeable and went out of her way to make sure i understood every detail of the treatment. I always felt like I was the only patient she had that day. She never made me feel rushed.
Be honest with her. She is very open to listening and accommodating to your needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Liz)
She was very compassionate and knowledgeable about the IVF process. She never missed a beat. Always on top of everything.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The location is centrally located and easy to get to. Parking is easy but the only downfall is you have to pay like $1.00, which is not uncommon. The clinics staff works well together and its evident that they communicate between each other often. They interacted with each other like family. It was a very comfortable environment.
She said she would transfer no more than two considering my age.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
She [Dr. Lawrence] called me at 9pm with her kids in the background the night of my retrieval to make sure I was ok. During my pregnancy she called to check on me. My husband is a phyisician also, and never once did she talk over my head and she explained EVERYTHING to us. Even with the million questions I asked every visit. She never seemed like she needed to have me hurry up and leave. I could not have gone through IVF without her. She's amazing!!...
It is just Dr. Lawrence in her office [at DFW Fert Assoc - Med City], so if she is out you have go to the main office. However, the sonographers at the main office are amazing too! With Dr. Lawrence she did all of my ultrasounds, unless she was unavailable...Everything was told to us upfront. There wasn't any hidden fees or last minute charges. The only thing we didn't know off hand was the cost of the medications because they varied...
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
She is amazing. She was understanding and compassionate. I never felt like I was just a number. She has incredible bedside manners!
You will not go wrong! Be ready with questions so will answer every one!
She would hug me every time I saw her in the office. She called me at 9pm with her kids in the background the night of my retrieval to make sure I was ok. During my pregnancy she called to check on me. My husband is a phyisician also, and never once did she talk over my head and she explained EVERYTHING to us. Even with the million questions I asked every visit. She never seemed like she needed to have me hurry up and leave. I could not have gone through IVF without her. She's amazing!!
I honestly can not remember, I do know she was cautiously aggressive with my treatment.
She only had one nurse and she was great, extremely informative.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
It is just Dr. Lawrence in her office, so if she is out you have go to the main office. However, the sonographers at the main office are amazing too! With Dr. Lawrence she did all of my ultrasounds, unless she was unavailable.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Keep a list of questions [for Dr. Laura Lawrence]. She is a talker, which i like, so make sure you have yours ready so you don’t get lost in conversation and forget them...We are doing 100mg clomid with insemination. My cycles are very short and my eggs develop a little too quickly. My husband has low count, so we are giving an iui a shot before jumping into ivf...is very personable. She talks to us very openly and honestly. You can tell she has your best interests in mind.
The only thing I don’t like about the medical city location [of Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] is that it is small and for any procedures you have to go to the other office..The nurses here are top-notch. They always return my calls the same day and always call back when they say they are going to. They LISTEN to me. ... This is not a big enough con for me to want to go elsewhere. The other office is right down the street and I love dr Lawrence.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Lawrence has been great. She has had to deliver some unpleasant news to us, but did so compassionately. She gave us a heads up that IVF is likely in our future, but did not pressure us to make that decision and was willing to try however many IUIs we wanted prior to making that jump.
Keep a list of questions. She is a talker, which I like, but make sure you have yours ready so you don’t get lost in conversation and forget them.
Dr. Lawrence is very personable. She talks to us very openly and honestly. You can tell she has your best interests in mind.
My husband had very low count and I appeared to be ovulating, but there was a question on my egg quality. Dr. Lawrence was very upfront with us that IUI may not work because Clomid would not fix my short follicular phase, but she let us try it anyway. I was on 100mg of Clomid on CD 3-7. I went in for monitoring on CD 9 and 10 and had two follicles that were ready to go so I triggered the evening of CD 10 for a CD 12 IUI. On IUI days, my husband's number were less than half of what they had been on previously so our hopes were not high. Luckily, we got a positive pregnancy test 14 days post IUI!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kelly and Jill)
The nurses here are top-notch. They always return my calls the same day and always call back when they say they are going to. They LISTEN to me. on CD 9 when I went in for monitoring they told me that I should come back on CD 11 for my next on since my eggs were close, but not close enough. Knowing that I normally ovulate early I asked if I could come back the next day and they happyily agreed, even though they did not think it was necessary. On CD 10 my follicles had grown 2x what they expected and we were ready to go. If Kelley had not listened to me we would have missed our chance. I am forever grateful that they let you have an opinion on your treatment.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The only thing I don’t like about the medical city location is that it is small and for any procedures you have to go to the other office. This is not a big enough con for me to want to go elsewhere. The other office is right down the street and I love dr Lawrence.
My insurance has covered all of the diagnosis testing, but iui and IVF are out of pocket. The prepaid iui is only $1000.
N/A at this time
Dallas - Forest Lane

He [Dr. Chantilis] clearly sees a lot of patients, so a few times I felt like I had to remind him of my particular situation. I have had a few tests where my results were on the border of being normal vs. concerning (likely not causing my issues, but still a slight possibility). In both cases, he preferred to go the route of treating for each issue...does not have the warmest bedside manner, but he is obviously very knowledgeable in the field. He is very busy, and I often waited a very long time whenever I had an appointment to meet specifically with him
all of the nurses [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] I have dealt with have been exceptionally warm and supportive...though I work with Holly the most. She is very warm and supportive, helpful, knowledgeable, and clearly communicates so that you understand each step throughout the process. I always feel like I understand much more about the process or results after speaking with Holly...The clinic itself is conveniently located and provides a clean, inviting atmosphere. Because there are multiple doctors at the clinic, in the event my doctor was not available on the day of my scheduled IUI, someone else was there to be able to do it.
How was your experience with Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Chantilis is clearly very knowledgeable, though his bedside manner is not the warmest. He is thorough - he performed multiple tests before starting treatment to ensure every box was checked first. While I trust his expertise, I often had a hard time truly understanding what he was telling me or explaining to me because he is very technical - sometimes it can be a little intimidating to push for further clarification when you don't understand the medical lingo. He clearly sees a lot of patients, so a few times I felt like I had to remind him of my particular situation. I have had a few tests where my results were on the border of being normal vs. concerning (likely not causing my issues, but still a slight possibility). In both cases, he preferred to go the route of treating for each issue.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions and push for better explanation if you can't understand what is being described.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Dr. Chantilis does not have the warmest bedside manner, but he is obviously very knowledgeable in the field. He is very busy, and I often waited a very long time whenever I had an appointment to meet specifically with him, though never if I was coming in for routine tests (blood work, sonogram) that would be handled with the nurses. For the record, all of the nurses I have dealt with have been exceptionally warm and supportive.
Describe the protocols Samuel Chantilis used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
I have experienced multiple early miscarriages - 3 before seeing Dr. Chantilis and 1 while under his care. After multiple tests upfront to check for any possible explanations for my miscarriages, we started a cycle of Clomid. The first cycle we used Clomid + a shot of Ovidrel and timed intercourse but did not get pregnant. The second cycle we used Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI and got pregnant. Unfortunately HCG levels fluctuated irregularly and I miscarried around 6 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Holly)
My experience with all the nurses at the office has been very positive, though I work with Holly the most. She is very warm and supportive, helpful, knowledgeable, and clearly communicates so that you understand each step throughout the process. I always feel like I understand much more about the process or results after speaking with Holly.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
My insurance covered everything (I pay a co-pay at visits) except for semen prep fee ($160) for IUIs because the IVF lab is not covered by my insurance.
Dallas - Glen Lakes Drive

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Samuel Chantilis at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
With Dr. Thomas specifically, I felt that she reviewed all of my results thoroughly and caught tests that should have been done by my former doctor but never were. She listened to our concerns coming from a clinic we were not comfortable with...She listens well and considered all of my questions and concerns. I do feel like even though the clinic is busy and she has a lot of patients, she reviewed my case and my history specifically when deciding best options for me.
Because of previous miscarriages we did a freeze all to biopsy for PGT-A testing [with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates]...The nursing staff was just wonderful. Everyone was so nice to work with, and communication was perfect...the place was so well organized and everyone knew their role and how to get the job done efficiently. I haven’t worked much with the billing department yet, but the time I did they were giving me different information than the pharmacy and my insurance company. What was correct was not what the billing department said, so I worked it out in my own with the pharmacy and my insurance. Not sure where the disconnect was in that situation.
European, Middle Eastern
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Ask questions. She’s going to give you high level information, but if you want to know about other options or question why she does one method over another, ask. She will always answer your questions and consider your concerns on treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
With Dr. Thomas specifically, I felt that she reviewed all of my results thoroughly and caught tests that should have been done by my former doctor but never were. She listened to our concerns coming from a clinic we were not comfortable with. Communication with the clinic is great. If you call your nurse, she absolutely will get back with you.
Describe the protocols Mika Thomas used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
We did IVF using gonal f, menopur, and cetrotide with a dual trigger at the end. Because of previous miscarriages we did a freeze all to biopsy for PGT-A testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Leah)
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The clinic sees a lot of patients, so if you are hoping for a clinic where you see your doctor every time you come in, this might not be the place for you. But in my opinion the place was so well organized and everyone knew their role and how to get the job done efficiently. I haven’t worked much with the billing department yet, but the time I did they were giving me different information than the pharmacy and my insurance company. What was correct was not what the billing department said, so I worked it out in my own with the pharmacy and my insurance. Not sure where the disconnect was in that situation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
We paid for the medications out of pocket because it ended up being a better deal than using insurance. We also paid for genetic testing out of pocket because it wasn’t covered by insurance. We paid up front deposits to both the lab and clinic. Everything else was filed through insurance. All in all, it’s a pricy procedure but on par with other clinics.
Describe Mika Thomas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Because we are doing PGT-A testing, the policy is to transfer only one embryo at a time.
Dallas - Glen Lakes Drive

Dr. Thomas was very sensitive in her delivery when she told me she thinks I have borderline DOR. I’ve always suspected egg quality was the issue why we aren’t conceiving, and she suspects the same. Reading my health history, she also called in a mammogram since it’s been 2 years since my last one. This is in my records for every dr. I see, but she’s the only one to action an updated test...I’m just starting my first IUI cycle...personally went to the front desk and asked for my insurance coverage benefits.
I’m just starting my first IUI cycle [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates]...Leah [nurse] has excellent follow through! I left my consultation at 5pm on a Tuesday, and Leah called me at 8:30 on Wednesday to update me on questions I asked her, that she had to ask Dr. Thomas...I was not even charged a specialist visit copay for my initial consultation and ultrasound. I asked if that was a mistake, and the front desk receptionist said I would owe at my CD9 ultrasound.
Send your test results in beforehand so she knows what she’s working with. Come prepared with questions, and take lots of notes.
Dr. Thomas is very friendly and a great listener. She was very well-prepared for our initial consultation, having reviewed all test results and notes for my husband and me. Her nurses have excellent follow through, too!
I’m just starting my first IUI cycle, and Dr. Thomas has me on 5mg Letrozole CD3-7, 75 units of gonal F CD5-8, and ultrasound on CD9 to determine if I need more stimulation or am ready to trigger.
Leah has excellent follow through! I left my consultation at 5pm on a Tuesday, and Leah called me at 8:30 on Wednesday to update me on questions I asked her, that she had to ask Dr. Thomas.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
It took 6 weeks until they had an opening for an initial consultation, but I was able to schedule my CD9 ultrasound a week out for the time I wanted. Dr. Thomas spent over an hour with us during our initial consultation, to the point where the nurse peaked in to give her a time warning, and she kept letting us talk and ask questions, and said “she’s always in trouble for going over the time limit.” Not a bad thing in my book!
Dr. Thomas personally went to the front desk and asked for my insurance coverage benefits. I was not even charged a specialist visit copay for my initial consultation and ultrasound. I asked if that was a mistake, and the front desk receptionist said I would owe at my CD9 ultrasound.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
He [Dr. Chantilis] doesn’t have the best side manners but seems to be knowledgeable in his field...You mainly speak to his nurses- holly and Ruth...Stim protocols in my opinion are not individualized as their typical starting dose is 225iu for every individual...You will only see chantilis at IVF consult and egg retrieval... On top of the poor stimulation protocol, he failed to remove a polyp and that has caused so many unnecessary heartaches and stress for me and my husband. IVF is already a difficult journey for couples and he has made this process 100x difficult for us emotionally, physically and financially.
Customer service needs to be improved [at Dallas Fort Worth Fertility Associates]. This clinic is busy as they have 4 RE working here. The front desk ladies are not friendly or warm. I don’t think this clinic cares much about customer service...The Dallas office is SUPER busy...The clinic always start your stimulation on a Saturday so the retrieval will typically be on a Wednesday and Thursday. Stim protocols in my opinion are not individualized as their typical starting dose is 225iu for every individual. They also prefer the Lupron down regulation agonist protocol than the antagonist protocol. You will only see chantilis at IVF consult and egg retrieval.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
He’s a pretty awkward guy with not the best bedside manners. He is very well known in the RE field as he has been practicing for 25 years. That’s the reason why he’s very busy and also the reason why I went to see him. He performed a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy procedure on me for an endometrial polyp removal and I was told that the polyp was removed and so we proceeded with IVF 2 months after the surgery and he assured me that the rest of the uterus looked great and my success rate with IVF is very high. A little info about me- amh 3.3, age 32, husband sperm is normal and we did conventional IVF. I had unsynchronized follicular growth on day 6 of stim with one dominant follicle measuring 17mm. I was told to continue my stim dosage and proceeded with egg retrieval. 12 eggs were retrieved but only 5 were mature- only one day 5 blastocyst formed and that was ET and failed to implant. After this devastating outcome I consulted with 3 other RE and all of them informed me that it was caused by a poor stimulation protocol: chantilis should have cancelled your cycle due to unsynchronized growth and also he triggered you too early. One month after the failed IVF, I went to see another RE and we proceeded with another cycle of IVF. 28 eggs retrieved and resulted in 15 d5 and d6 blastocysts. When you compare the two results- 1 d5 blastocyst vs 15 d5/d6 blastocyst within a 2 months window you know it was NOT your body/egg reserve that caused the drastic results. I did SIS with the second RE doctor and was told that I have an endometrial polyp (same location and size as the previous one) that needed to be removed before FET. This news obviously was not taken well by me and my husband as I went through a hysteroscopy 6 months ago with chantilis. My husband reached out to chantilis and we were told that the polyp was indeed removed according to his clinical note and that he’s not sure why it came back. I remember before the surgery with chantilis I was told that the reoccurrence rate of polyp is at least 18 months. So now I’ve to undergo another hysteroscopy to remove something that should have been removed in the first place! On top of the poor stimulation protocol, he failed to remove a polyp and that has caused so many unnecessary heartaches and stress for me and my husband. IVF is already a difficult journey for couples and he has made this process 100x difficult for us emotionally, physically and financially.
Make sure he puts you on an individualized stimulation protocol for IVF!!!
Chantilis is pretty well known in Dallas as a RE. He doesn’t have the best side manners but seems to be knowledgeable in his field. The Dallas office is SUPER busy. You mainly speak to his nurses- holly and Ruth. If you can choose, try to request holly because Ruth is rude, condescending and has no patience to listen to you- her favorite phrase for patient is “you have so many questions because you are so stressed out”. The clinic always start your stimulation on a Saturday so the retrieval will typically be on a Wednesday and Thursday. Stim protocols in my opinion are not individualized as their typical starting dose is 225iu for every individual. They also prefer the Lupron down regulation agonist protocol than the antagonist protocol. You will only see chantilis at IVF consult and egg retrieval.
For me like I mentioned earlier it was a poor stimulation protocol that resulted in a failed IVF cycle. He should have cancelled my cycle after seeing unsynchronized follicular growth. He triggered me when my E2 was 1700. For someone with a 3.3 AMH and AFC 30-35 you want to be triggered at a higher E2 which will yield a high number of mature eggs and thus embryos. I was told by 3 other REs after the failed cycle that this result was completely caused by a poor stimulation protocol by the doctor and that I’m a straightforward IVF case bc of my robust eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Ruth)
If you have the option request holly to be your nurse. Ruth is condescending, rude and shows no compassion. She has no patience for your questions.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Customer service needs to be improved. This clinic is busy as they have 4 RE working here. The front desk ladies are not friendly or warm. I don’t think this clinic cares much about customer service.
Cash patient 1500 lap and hysteroscopy 3000 for GA and 3000 for facility fee 8400 IVF with fresh transfer 3000 IVF meds ( not included) 800 cryopreservation IVF lab Pgs- 2000-2500 for the IVF lab and 300/embryo for coopergeomics
Describe Samuel Chantilis's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I did not consider multiple embryo transfer bc of my age
Dallas - Glen Lakes Drive

When I had slow follicle growth, she [Dr. Mika Thomas] added days of Gonal and then progesterone after ovulation. Fourth IUI was successful...When I met with Dr. Thomas I always felt like talking to me was her highest priority at that time. I never felt rushed or dismissed when I had questions that took longer. My husband and I came in with our plans and she always offered alternatives and additional options...I can be described as very impatient. I was positive we would be successful on our first try and once we were on our third IUI, I was pretty upset. She quickly met with me to discuss my concerns and offered alternative supplements to take. She always made I was comfortable during the IUI and always had a positive attitude.
I really liked this clinic [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates]. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. Very clean and organized. My only negative thing to say is allowing children in the waiting room. It can be hard to see them there when going through infertility...Leah [nurse] was great at answering questions. She was helpful when we had some scheduling issues and also quickly returned calls after a positive test and I had some spotting.
Speak up with questions
Our infertility was male factor and we were using donor sperm, there was nothing to indicate I'd have issues getting pregnant. We started with an HSG and blood test and everything came back normal. First treatment was Clomid only. I had great follicle growth and progesterone levels after the IUI. After my period came three days early, she added progesterone suppositories after each IUI. Second IUI was also clomid only with progesterone after ovulation. Third IUI was Clomid with Gonal F and progesterone after ovulation. Fourth IUI was Clomid with Gonal F. When I had slow follicle growth, she added days of Gonal and then progesterone after ovulation. Fourth IUI was successful.
Leah was great at answering questions. She was helpful when we had some scheduling issues and also quickly returned calls after a positive test and I had some spotting.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I really liked this clinic. Everyone was very nice and easy to talk to. Very clean and organized. My only negative thing to say is allowing children in the waiting room. It can be hard to see them there when going through infertility.
Procedures, donor sperm thawing, follicular ultrasounds, bloodwork
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
My donor paperwork was lost that had to be notarized. I had dropped of the paperwork in the clinic and luckily scanned my own copies.
Dallas - Glen Lakes Drive

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mika Thomas at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.

2015 - 2019
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
[Dr. Lawrence is] an incredible doctor. She is passionate about what she does and truly wants the best for her patients. If one protocol doesn’t work she is will try something else for a better result. She understands that many decisions in infertility made based on finances and not desires and that this process is a huge emotional and financial burden.... Due to my age, my Dr was willing to transfer 3 non tested, day 3 embryos. We ended with one healthy boy.
This is satellite office so it’s smaller and very personal. You will know everyone very quickly. The main office [DFW Fertility Associates] is very professional looking and a lot busier. The nurses at the lab where the retrievals and transfers are done are fantastic! Especially christy!...IVF with meds is about $12000 per round... Her current sono tech Kelly is fantastic, I see her often and she is the one who calls with results
2015 - 2019
2 IUI, 4 IVF, Donor Eggs
She’s an incredible doctor. She is passionate about what she does and truly wants the best for her patients. If one protocol doesn’t work she is will try something else for a better result. She understands that many decisions in infertility made based on finances and not desires and that this process is a huge emotional and financial burden. She has given me a son and a daughter and when my son passed away she was at his bedside. I recommend her to anyone who is having trouble conceiving. She is incredible and I am very grateful for her guidance
She will do everything she can to get you pregnant! She will be your biggest cheerleader!
She came to see me in the hospital when my water broke on Christmas Eve at 21 weeks. That was above and beyond
To be honest, even though I am a nurse, I did not pay attention to the specific drugs and doses. I trust my doctor and assume she knows best. I know she did make changes throughout my 4 retrievals to maximize the results but I did not obsess over the specifics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Her nurse has changed a few times)
I loved her first nurse, Corbet. However she went back to hospital nursing. Her current sono tech Kelly is fantastic, I see her often and she is the one who calls with results
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
This is satellite office so it’s smaller and very personal. You will know everyone very quickly. The main office is very professional looking and a lot busier. The nurses at the lab where the retrievals and transfers are done are fantastic! Especially christy!
IVF with meds is about $12000 per round

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Chantilis is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. He is willing to tell you his honest opinion about your specific diagnosis and treatment. ... I’ve had a tubal reversal. Only one tube was salvaged. We have done timed intercourse, timed intercourse with clomid and gonal. I’ve taken metformin for PCOS. My husband has taken clomid and treatment for retrograde ejaculation. We have done IUI’s, at least 4 HSG’s, countless blood work and sonograms over 3 1/2 years. We have gotten pregnant once that ended in an ectopic pregnancy and now we are hopeful to move forward with IVF or INVOcell.
I don’t have a negative thing to say about the clinic [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associats]. They are always accommodating, caring and professional. I would say to make sure you listen to the Doctor. My only regret was not initially just jumping into IVF like I was told, and still struggling to get pregnant over 3 years later. Listen to your plan, follow protocol, and keep the faith!
European, Native American, Other
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Chantilis is extremely knowledgeable and compassionate. He is willing to tell you his honest opinion about your specific diagnosis and treatment. He has excellent bedside manner. When we decided to look into fertility treatments, I was 34. I had previously had my tubes tied and been remarried to my husband who has no children. We decided to move forward with Dr. Chantilis after hearing rave reviews from my obgyn of 20 years. He gave us his honest opinion to move forward with IVF, as not to waste unnecessary time and money. He was right all along.
Listen and follow through with his fertility plan for your specific diagnosis.
Every time I had an appointment with Dr.Chantilis he was very kind and personable. His staff is very kind and helpful.
Always kind and helpful. Same day results and returned calls. Very thorough and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I don’t have a negative thing to say about the clinic. They are always accommodating, caring and professional. I would say to make sure you listen to the Doctor. My only regret was not initially just jumping into IVF like I was told, and still struggling to get pregnant over 3 years later. Listen to your plan, follow protocol, and keep the faith!
They elect to transfer one embryo unless there are other serious factors.
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Dr. Lee is very intelligent and knows what she is doing. She is an expert in the field and is aggressive with doing treatments, especially when you express a need or desire to do a next step. However, she lacks a bit with the bed side manner and seems like she doesn’t love the social part of the treatment process.... I felt like she didn’t take the infertility very seriously at first and just kept saying it will happen with minor treatments for almost a year before moving on.
Love the nurses [at Dallas-Forth Worth Fertility Associates]! They were helpful and compassionate and understanding even when I was emotionally breaking down....Dr. Lee is very intelligent and knows what she is doing. She is an expert in the field and is aggressive with doing treatments, especially when you express a need or desire to do a next step. However, she lacks a bit with the bed side manner and seems like she doesn’t love the social part of the treatment process.
3 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
How was your experience with Karen Lee at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Karen Lee at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Ask questions and tell her what you want. Know that she might not be the mushy lovey dovey doctor that doubles as a therapist. She is only there to treat you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Karen Lee at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
I felt like she didn’t take the infertility very seriously at first and just kept saying it will happen with minor treatments for almost a year before moving on. Also, it felt like she had one foot out the door with most (difficult) conversations and she had somewhere else to be. I felt like she was trying to be sweet, but just was super busy and ready to get to the next thing or patient.
Describe the protocols Karen Lee used in your cycles at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates and their degree of success.
We did 1 cycle times intercourse and clomid, 3 cycles of TI, with clomid and gonal F. I am unexplained, so there is no known reason so she started “small”. Then we moved in to iuI with clomid and gonal F. Three times. Then Ivf with birth control, then freeze all, then first FeT ended chemical. Did ERA test after between FET 1 and 2. All good. FET worked, saw the heartbeat. Heartbeat stopped for no known reason when I saw my OB.l at 8+5. 3rd FET she added in lovenox and baby aspirin I’m thinking there may be an unknown clotting disorder, but all loss panels were negative. She did RPL blood work after 1st chemical. I’m currently 4 weeks pregnant.
Love the nurses! They were helpful and compassionate and understanding even when I was emotionally breaking down.
Describe Karen Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
She was very adamant about transferring one.
Karen Lee
3 IVF, Surrogacy
Dr. Thomas always was patient with the abundance of questions I brought into her office. Even if I repeated questions, she answered and summarized what was important and what I couldn't control and/or worry about...I came to Dr. Thomas without a uterus. My ovaries responded very quickly to the protocol she provided...truly felt the care radiating from Dr. Thomas throughout each phase of our IVF cycles and FETs. She was our biggest cheerleader and continues to be even though after two IVF cycles and two failed transfers we've switched doctors. I do all of my monitoring at Dr. Thomas' office and often call her and visit with her to get her second opinion and thoughts on any fertility-related decisions my husband and I make.
Blood draw nurses, especially Shari, and sonographers were sweet, patient, thoughtful and never made me feel uncomfortable during the course of their exams [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates]. The only frustration I ever felt with this clinic was dealing with the third party/donor nurse Deborah. During our FET with our GC, Deborah was very quick and business minded not taking a lot of time on the phone and seemingly impatient when asked questions...Very welcoming front office. You'll always see the same faces and the familiarity and consistency is nice and comforting. Never had to wait for an extended period of time for appointments. Billing and check-out stations were always quick and prepared. Felt recognized and acknowledged by a majority of the employees.
3 IVF, Surrogacy
Mika Thomas looks at the big picture and also the granular details associated with IVF and the gestational carrier component my husband and I encountered. After two failed FET with the same GC at Dr. Thomas' practice and my husband and I making the decision to switch clinics, I still visit her office to have her review my current GC and any cycle questions that I have. She treats me with the same compassion, care, concern and courtesy as if I was still her patient. In each scenario where my husband and I to make a big decision, Dr. Thomas always provided two to three options. When asked, she always told me what she would advise her sister to do. This heartfelt and compassionate nature of Dr. Thomas allowed us to continually trust her. Dr. Thomas was always available for a brief (or extended) chat. Often times I'd be getting blood drawn at a separate station and she would peek her head in to check on me. She always asked about my husband when he couldn't attend appointments and constantly asked about my best friend's pregnancies and now children after I referred her as a consult. I know without a doubt that Dr. Thomas is rooting for my husband and I to have a biological child through IVF and surrogacy.
Ask as many questions as you feel necessary! Dr. Thomas always was patient with the abundance of questions I brought into her office. Even if I repeated questions, she answered and summarized what was important and what I couldn't control and/or worry about.
The entire office starting with the receptionists, to nurses, embryologists, Dr. Thomas, and everyone in between was incredibly polite, patient, and responsive. My husband and I truly felt the care radiating from Dr. Thomas throughout each phase of our IVF cycles and FETs. She was our biggest cheerleader and continues to be even though after two IVF cycles and two failed transfers we've switched doctors. I do all of my monitoring at Dr. Thomas' office and often call her and visit with her to get her second opinion and thoughts on any fertility-related decisions my husband and I make.
I came to Dr. Thomas without a uterus. My ovaries responded very quickly to the protocol she provided. Cycle 1: 2 weeks BC, menopur and gonal-f and lupron trigger Cycle 2: Lupron priming, BC, menopur & FSH and then Ganirelix mid STIM
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Shari)
Blood draw nurses, especially Shari, and sonographers were sweet, patient, thoughtful and never made me feel uncomfortable during the course of their exams. The only frustration I ever felt with this clinic was dealing with the third party/donor nurse Deborah. During our FET with our GC, Deborah was very quick and business minded not taking a lot of time on the phone and seemingly impatient when asked questions.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
2016 fees Consult fee $225 - portion covered by insurance Semen analysis - $90 Semen specimen and sperm cryo - $475 IVF cycle (freeze) including all blood & u/s - $4,250 Lab fees including ICSI ($1,340) - $6,940 total Separate: Meds - $6,500 approx Genetic testing (outside of clinic) - $2,125
Dallas - Glen Lakes Drive

He [Dr. Chantilis] seems to have a wealth of experience which we appreciate. But it doesn’t feel like he knows us well or is interested in getting to know us. After our first cycle failed, he did give us a generous discount which we greatly appreciated. Overall, he seems very busy and rushed during the few office appointments we’ve had with him.... The experience hasn’t felt very personal. It feels so clinical. We’ve been through 2 cycles now and haven’t achieved the results we’re hoping for.
The front office and billing team [DFW Fertility Associates] are so unorganized. Billing issues aren’t clear or consistent. Also, a prescription was also mishandled and given to me nearly 2 months late. Not sure if that’s a nursing issue or not. On the other hand, I think the lab staff does a good job....With my initial blood work, it turned out I needed thyroid medication. These tests were complete and results were available in April. But I wasn’t given the results until June. Apparently my results were lost or there was a miscommunication amongst the staff.
He seems to have a wealth of experience which we appreciate. But it doesn’t feel like he knows us well or is interested in getting to know us. After our first cycle failed, he did give us a generous discount which we greatly appreciated. Overall, he seems very busy and rushed during the few office appointments we’ve had with him.
Expect chaos and unorganization from the front office and billing team.
The experience hasn’t felt very personal. It feels so clinical. We’ve been through 2 cycles now and haven’t achieved the results we’re hoping for. It doesn’t feel like the level of care or drug protocol has been customized for me and my issues. The office also has operational and organizational issues that make the experience confusing and frustrating.
First cycle was Menopur, Gonal F and Cetrotide and we only retrieved 2 eggs. None of the eggs made it to Day 5 and it was a failed cycle. Second cycle was Menopur, Gonal F and Lupron and 11 eggs were retrieved. We had 5 embryos on Day 5 but only 1 was normal after PGS testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Holly Womack)
Holly is great. She’s sweet, compassionate and always returns my calls or emails in a timely manner. We are cash payers so I feel like she looks for the best prices for our meds which we greatly appreciate.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
The front office and billing team are so unorganized. Billing issues aren’t clear or consistent. Also, a prescription was also mishandled and given to me nearly 2 months late. Not sure if that’s a nursing issue or not. On the other hand, I think the lab staff does a good job.
Our first cycle was $20K. Our second cycle was closer to $10K because we received a generous discount because our first cycle failed and we didn’t retrieve nearly as many eggs as expected. The doctor wasn’t sure why that happened and an answer was never provided.
I’m happy with single embryo transfer. No issues or concerns with that.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
With my initial blood work, it turned out I needed thyroid medication. These tests were complete and results were available in April. But I wasn’t given the results until June. Apparently my results were lost or there was a miscommunication amongst the staff. My nurse wasn’t sure what happened. I’ve also been given conflicting information a couple of times about billing - the cost of our cycle as well as the cost of a post cycle follow up visit. Operationally, there are quite a few challenges.

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
During cycles I felt like a number. However after my third miscarriage, when I had to undergo a D&C procedure that didn't go as planned, she was very involved and personally reached out to me a number of times to ensure I was recovering properly. ... Dr. Thomas is very honest, which can be a good thing. She sees things from a science perspective, which I guess she is trained to do. During my first cycle, she tried letrozole, it didn't work well, so we added more and changed my treatment each cycle.
There are a lot of doctors, nurses, billing coordinators, etc. at the clinic [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Assoc]. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing. Sometimes I never know who I'm going to talk to. I always saw the same 2 sonographers, which I really appreciated. ... Once I received someone else's blood results. It was my first beta HCG for that pregnancy. The result seemed high considering it was the first HCG and 10 DPO. I challenged why it would be so high, but was brushed off. The office called back hours later informing me the results were someone's else's
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Thomas is very honest, which can be a good thing. She sees things from a science perspective, which I guess she is trained to do. During my first cycle, she tried letrozole, it didn't work well, so we added more and changed my treatment each cycle. I felt like we were always trying something new, which was nice on one hand but why didn't we try that in the beginning? I am frustrated 'new' ideas were coming out every month, but nothing about my cycles really ever changed.
Do your own research. Ask about trying things you've read about or heard your friends try. Challenge her to mix up the treatment cycles.
I only taken letrozole for oral meds, first starting with 2.5 mg then up to 5 mg. I only grew one follicle with letrozole each cycle (5). After insisting we try something more aggressive to get more than one follicle, she added gonal-f. My first cycle on gonal-f +letrozole was pretty low dose, and again resulted in one follicle. My second cycle on gonal-f +letrozole was more than double the dosage than the first but again resulted in one follicle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Leah, Kelly, Julia )
I felt there was a revolving door/Rolodex of nurses. When I started seeing Dr. Thomas, I had a nurse named Julia. Abruptly she left, I had to ask why I was talking to a new nurse, she didn't even introduce herself and explain she'd be my nurse going forward. About 75% of the time I hear from my 'primary' nurse, now Leah. The other times, I hear from someone random that I've never talked to before that I'm not convinced as read my file or knows what is going on with my case.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
There are a lot of doctors, nurses, billing coordinators, etc. at the clinic. Which can be a good thing or a bad thing. Sometimes I never know who I'm going to talk to. I always saw the same 2 sonographers, which I really appreciated. I had to visit the clinic once on the weekend for monitoring, my nurse/doc wasn't on call, so I saw a different nurse. It was convenient that the clinic was open on the weekend, I understand the practice is designed to allow the doctors/nurses to rotate who is on call. Dr. Thomas performed my IUI herself. I didn't do IFV, but it is my understand that she would perform all her related IFV procedures. Dr. Thomas performed my D&C. She also saw her for all my follow up appointments related to that.
My office visits and procedures were covered by insurance. I paid for shots out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
Once I received someone else's blood results. It was my first beta HCG for that pregnancy. The result seemed high considering it was the first HCG and 10 DPO. I challenged why it would be so high, but was brushed off. The office called back hours later informing me the results were someone's else's and mine were lower (but still high enough to be considered a pregnancy). I asked how this happened and wasn't given a clear answer. It made me skeptical for my subsequent blood results.
Dallas - Glen Lakes Drive

Don’t expect to see the doctor [Dr. Samuel Chantilis] every appointment (I came from another fertility clinic in another city where I saw the doctor every single appointment/sonogram, etc and this was an adjustment for me but now I know this seems to be the norm with other REs in DFW. Ask questions if you don’t understand something, you have to advocate for yourself.... We tried two cycles of timed inter course with Femara which I wanted to move straight to IUI; of course those weren’t successful and the first IUI he added injectable med, and second IUI cycle, added another day or two of the injectable.
The nurses [at DFW Fertility Associates- Dallas] are very kind, as well as the somographers, however it is usually a rushed appointment, with them frequently being 15-20 minutes late. Unless you request an appt with the doctor, you will not see him at routine sono appointments, and IUIs on the weekends have been done by the doctor on call.... Communication/organization could be improved. Sometimes the room they think is ready is occupied, typically always running 15-20 mins late but this may be the norm. I think they do a good job of scheduling appointments but sometimes asking for information on procedures seems like they don’t want to provide it to you
He seems extremely knowledgeable. At the very beginning, I had my consultation rescheduled by their office two or three times, which was disappointing to me since I had to wait a month to get in. However I will say Dr C called me after hours each time to apologize and tell me about a surgery that had to be scheduled in place of my appointment and I thought it was very nice of him to do.
Don’t expect to see the doctor every appointment (I came from another fertility clinic in another city where I saw the doctor every single appointment/sonogram, etc and this was an adjustment for me but now I know this seems to be the norm with other REs in DFW. Ask questions if you don’t understand something, you have to advocate for yourself.
The nurses are very kind, as well as the somographers, however it is usually a rushed appointment, with them frequently being 15-20 minutes late. Unless you request an appt with the doctor, you will not see him at routine sono appointments, and IUIs on the weekends have been done by the doctor on call.
They are extremely busy however they always call back if they do not answer the phone in a very short amount of time. They are all very nice.
IUI $950 plus any meds which can be another $500-600
Dallas - Glen Lakes Drive

Dr Lee was great to always say hello when she spotted me in the clinic. I felt like she closely followed my case and discussed it closely with the other nursers and embryologists in the clinic. She was always willing to answer my questions and spend time with us, during and after our cycles...She also communicated great with us during our IVF treatments. In our wrap up appointments for failed cycled, she gave us insight into the documentation and discussions with her staff about why we had failed and gave us choices on next steps. She was great to guide us through each cycle.
I felt like the embryologists [at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates] did a good job of informing me of our progress. Typically on weekends I wasn't able to get as much information and sometimes the reports seemed hurried. The lab worked closely with my doctor to help identify any potential issues...Both sonographers that I saw were fantastic. They can quickly count eggs and help position my legs so it's not as uncomfortable as the process progresses. In the lab, the nurses and staff were so great too!
Dr. Lee is very knowledgeable and that shows in her care. We felt like she set expectations and gave us the facts. She also communicated great with us during our IVF treatments. In our wrap up appointments for failed cycled, she gave us insight into the documentation and discussions with her staff about why we had failed and gave us choices on next steps. She was great to guide us through each cycle.
Come with a list of questions. She will help you work through your questions and provide the best answers she can.
During my IUIs I took Clomid (the lowest dose) and my husband donated at the clinic. During one IVF cycle I took Gonal-F, Menupure, Pregnyl, and one other med that I can't remember. During my second cycle I took the same meds, but use Lupron instead. We were hoping to get more mature eggs on the second cycle. I tend to have lots of eggs and only about half of them mature. Both cycles worked out very similar - so we concluded that the drugs didn't make much of a difference in my case. I reacted very well to the drugs, we are just struggling to get a healthy embroy. Currently we aren't sure the cause of unhealthy embroys.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
The nursing staff, ultrasound techs, and phlebotomist are just wonderful. They are all very skilled and compassionate. My primary nurse, Katie was so helpful with answering questions, giving me calendars, and guiding me through the entire process. My favorite phlebotomist, Diane was so sweet. Blood draws got harder for me as the stimulation went on and she was great to pick places that would bruise less and wrap my arm gently. Both sonographers that I saw were fantastic. They can quickly count eggs and help position my legs so it's not as uncomfortable as the process progresses. In the lab, the nurses and staff were so great too!
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
It was so helpful to have the clinic on sight with the doctors. The ease of this was very helpful during our IVF cycles. I felt like the embryologists did a good job of informing me of our progress. Typically on weekends I wasn't able to get as much information and sometimes the reports seemed hurried. The lab worked closely with my doctor to help identify any potential issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Karen Lee at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
We are blessed to have insurance coverage. We did not use this for our IUIs and they each ran under $1000. For IVF our first cycle was covered entirely, so we were out our deductibles. For our second cycle, drugs were not covered, so we paid the cost of drugs and our deductible was met, so we paid our percentage.
Karen Lee
Dallas - Glen Lakes Drive

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Karen Lee at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.

Anovulation, PCOS, Other
I feel he [Dr. Chantillis] is very honest, not pushy at all with just selling things. Hardest part for me is not that much doctor patients interaction on the day in day out.... It took me a while to get the hang of how things work but after initial consultation you don’t see the doctor (depending on treatment I guess).... I’m PCOS with regular cycles but also have tubal damage so he just wanted to make sure even though it seemed I had.l a regular cycle that we would track ovulation and times intercourse before moving to IUI or IVF.
I would say the strengths are it’s a up to date clinic [Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility] with good doctors and up to date fertility recommendations and information.... The hard part for me was just the non personal relationship with the doctor on your regular visits. Sometimes I would leave confused based on what the technician had told me....Holly is great, she is the person I’ve connected most with at the clinic (even if it’s just over the phone after appointments).
Anovulation, PCOS, Other
I feel he is very honest, not pushy at all with just selling things. Hardest part for me is not that much doctor patients interaction on the day in day out. I’m not sure which good and busy clinic would have more of that kind of feel though.
Ask a lot of questions not only to Dr. Chantilis but also to the staff regarding making appointments and follow up consultations. I think everyone that works there forgets that you might not ‘know the drill’. The nurse randomly told me if I wanted to talk to Dr. Chantillis about my treatment plan the best thing to do is to schedule a specific appointment for that. It seems obvious but I didn’t know and by the time I called I could barely get in before I would start my next cycle. Some of the admin things can be frustrating but I think my advice is be your own advocate and make sure to be pushing things along for yourself.
It’s a very good clinic but probably like most it has many patients. It took me a while to get the hang of how things work but after initial consultation you don’t see the doctor (depending on treatment I guess). Doing fertility drugs and trigger shots I would follow nurses instructions, come in for ultrasounds with a tech, and then get called again by my nurse for updates and instructions. Obviously the doctor reviewed all of those things but sometimes I have felt a little lost. (I think this is how most big clinics are run but with something so emotional as getting pregnant sometimes I have wanted to feel a little more care.)
I have done two cycles of clomid with ultrasounds and trigger shots with time intercourses. I’m PCOS with regular cycles but also have tubal damage so he just wanted to make sure even though it seemed I had.l a regular cycle that we would track ovulation and times intercourse before moving to IUI or IVF.
Holly is great, she is the person I’ve connected most with at the clinic (even if it’s just over the phone after appointments). She is compassionate and I actually been able to ask specific questions as I’m going through things.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I would say the strengths are it’s a up to date clinic with good doctors and up to date fertility recommendations and information. My previous clinic didn’t mention much of the information I learned here. The hard part for me was just the non personal relationship with the doctor on your regular visits. Sometimes I would leave confused based on what the technician had told me. If you choose this clinic just be proactive with asking questions and scheduling follow up appointments with the doctor if something isn’t working for you.
I’m not sure his opinions about this.

4 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Thomas is such a kind soul. She treats her patients as though you are a part of her family. Throughout my treatment, she would call me herself to deliver news or just to check on me. I never felt like just a number, she always made me feel as though I was her only patient...She always wants to make sure that you are comfortable with your plan of care and that you completely understand what will be happening throughout your cycle.
Brittany is the absulute best!! She is the most kind and compassionate nurse I have ever met. Thorough my journey with Dr. Thomas and Dallas Fertlity, she has had to deliver some tough news to me many times and she always wants to make sure that I am okay...Everyone is very kind and courteous in the office. The ladies at the front are wonderful about helping you understand the costs of your plan of care and always answer any questions you may have. All of the nurses and technitions are so sweet and make you feel welcome.
4 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Thomas is an outstanding doctor. She regularly called to check on me and made me feel as though I was heard. My husband and I, even after going through fertility treatments for almost 2 years now, ask a ton of questions and she is always so patient and through when answering. She always wants to make sure that you are comfortable with your plan of care and that you completely understand what will be happening throughout your cycle.
Don’t be afraid to ask as many questions as needed about your cycle/plan of care. She is wonderful about making you comfortable with everything that you will go through.
For my first round of IVF that was canceled due to low follicular development, we did an Antogonist protocol with BC pills for priming. We all decided after this round that I would not take BC pills again because of my poor response. For the next two rounds of IVF, I did estrogen priming and micro-flare protocols with the highest amount of Follestim and Menopur possible. I had a great response to this protocol, considering my AMH level, and ended up with 7 eggs each cycle. For my most recent round of IVF, we did the same protocol as before, but added in HGH and a steroid. I ended up having poor follicular response and converted to an IUI.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Brittany Ruder)
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
Since my embryo quality was not great, Dr. Thomas opted to transfer two embryos for each of my fresh, day 3 transfers.
Dallas - Glen Lakes Drive

She [Dr. Lawrence] has a great way of being positive and being direct. She does not sugar coat things or pretend them to be what they are not. And she allowed me to be in charge of my process, even when it went against her recommendations. She remained supportive and honest. I do not see her every visit, and her staff make up for it. She was not at one of my two IUIs because it was on the weekend and I had the on-call doctor. She has been the doctor at both retrievals. I have been very happy in her care.
I think the strength of this clinic [DFW Fertility Associates] is the experience and knowledge of the doctor and the staff. They all have extensive experience in their positions and have the best interest of the patient. Their weakness is they are busy.... Kelly has been excellent! She is very calm, collected. compassionate and kind. She has been wonderful to help me understand my care. Jill has been great at helping me understand my medication, how to use it and what I am taking.
European, East Asian, Black or African-American, Middle Eastern, Native American
I love Dr. Lawrence. I feel confident she knows what she is doing and has my best interest and health at heart. I don't feel like she is only doing what she wants to make her look good. She is a fast talker, so I have needed to ask her to slow down or to repeat things to make sure I understand them. And she is patient when I ask questions because I want to make sure I understand. She has a great way of being positive and being direct. She does not sugar coat things or pretend them to be what they are not. And she allowed me to be in charge of my process, even when it went against her recommendations. She remained supportive and honest. I do not see her every visit, and her staff make up for it. She was not at one of my two IUIs because it was on the weekend and I had the on-call doctor. She has been the doctor at both retrievals. I have been very happy in her care.
Ask questions and be sure you ask her to repeat herself or slow down. She is a fast talker with lots of energy!
The staff in the office are awesome. They are very kind and helpful. And they are very busy. Even still, they take the time to say hello, talk to me and see. The times I am able to talk with Dr. Lawrence, she is very kind an always seems to know where I am in my cycle. I know she has many patients, and it blows me away that she is able to remember! And it is a busy office, so I have needed to be diligent about my care and what i am doing. There have been a few times where I needed to correct the nurse about what the doctor and I had talked about for medication. She was very kind and double checked and let me know I was right. I always feel like they are compassionate and treat me well. And as a busy office, things can get confused.
During my first IUI, we did Clomid. I had a very high egg count and we were confident it would be enough. When we had a negative result, we boosted it up and tried again. When that didn't work, she was very frank and we decided to do IVF. During the first cycle, I was on 150u Menopure, 300 Gonal F, and Ganerelix. During the first 5 days I needed to drop the Menopure and start Ganerelix because I was developing too many too fast. The retrieval produced 44 eggs, 38 mature, 28 inseminated and 8 were able to be tested. We ended up with 1 normal embryo. None of us predicted this result. When we decided to do a second round to gather more eggs, she was frank about trying things differently. I went on birth control to suppress the estrogen, with the goal of it not getting too high too fast again. This was not successful, because when I went in for my baseline, I had a follicle developing. I needed to trigger and let that one go before we could proceed. Then they had me take Estrace. During this time, before I was supposed to be done, my body had a period. I went in for a baseline and we began injections. This time I did 150u Menopure for 3 days and then dropped to 75u on day 3. This was a planned strategy and was on target in order to help me not produce too much too soon. I was still taking 300 Gonol F and began Ganerelix on day 5. I am currently in the middle of this treatment, so I cannot report on the retrieval. I hope the results are better!
Kelly has been excellent! She is very calm, collected. compassionate and kind. She has been wonderful to help me understand my care. Jill has been great at helping me understand my medication, how to use it and what I am taking. I have had to ask her to double check a few things because I remembered being told something different. She has always been kind and helpful about this. When she has had to explain changes in my medication, she is very clear and succinct.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
I think the strength of this clinic is the experience and knowledge of the doctor and the staff. They all have extensive experience in their positions and have the best interest of the patient. Their weakness is they are busy. Be an advocate for your care and be sure you pay attention to what your process is. And don't be afraid to ask questions - they are very open to you being involved! It is a welcoming office.
IUI was about $950 plus medication. I paid for this out of pocket both times. IVF was financed with ARC. The cost was about $18,000 the first time and $15,000 the second time because we had meds left over from the first so we didn't need to buy as much. We paid for ICSI and Genetic testing for both rounds.
I have not had experience with transfer yet, as we are on our second round of retrieval.
What specific things went wrong at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates?
When I first went in and had my initial testing done 2 years ago, I followed up with them because I was getting impatient. They said they thought I had been called with the results. And the second thing was when my Menopure changed on my second IVF, I was first told my Gonol F was going to change. I asked the nurse (who was not Jill, she was the oncall person on the weekend) to double check because we had ordered my medication according to dropping the Menopure. She checked and followed up with me quickly. We dropped the Gonol F that night 75 units so it could take place that day (I had taken my Menopure already) and then dropped the Menopure the next morning.
Dallas - Glen Lakes Drive

Even though Dr. Chantilis hasn't been involved with every visit and procedure, I have always been taken of. He's performed a procedure and called me personally. My husband and I have met with him one on one multiple times. He's honest and gives you a great understanding of how your body is working. He also explains procedures and what's up next. He is the best in the industry and I would recommend him to anyone.
Holly is an angel. She is patience, compassionate, and loves her patients. She truly cares for me. She's been my primary nurse [at DFW Fertility Assoc] from day one. There have been plenty of days that I would call her to just ask a question, cry, or just babble on about what my husband did, and she was there to listen. I'm so grateful for this nurse! Ruth is the other nurse for Dr. C. I've worked with her as well. She's been with Dr. C for like 15 years. She knows her stuff and I enjoyed working with her as well.
Dr. Chantilis isn't super social and warm and fuzzy. Don't let that deter you. He's very intelligent and is really good at what he does. Also, you don't see him a lot, so establish a good relationship with your nurse. Ruth and Holly and are the BEST.
My nurse, Holly, has called me on a timely manner. She discusses options and gives me realistic expectations. I feel like I matter and always cared for.
I was immediately diagnosed with PCOS when I started seeing Dr. C. Before he would do a medicated cycle, he wanted my husband tested and for me to do a HSG procedure. Dr. C wanted to make sure he was fertile and my tubes weren't blocked. Meanwhile, I was put on Metformin. We were cleared to try clomid. We did one low dose of clomid. Nothing happened, so we did a higher dose. Then we continued with a total of 4 rounds, out of the 4 he added in the Ovidril trigger shot to 2 cyles. We tried an IUI with clomid + Ovidril as well. All negative tests. I requested we change to something different due to the side effects. Then I started Letrozole, Gonal F, and Ovidril for 3 cycles. We did one IUI with this. All negative tests. Within all of these cycles, I usually went in CD10 to get tested for follicle progress. We never did a "blind" time intercourse or IUI. Some weeks I was in for a sono three times. Dr. C wanted to ensure we timed ovulation/IC just right. After our last cycle, Dr. C suggested IVF. He didn't push, but he gave us options. 1. He gave us the option to continue IUIs and medicated cycles. He said that I would need to go in for a laparoscopy to check for endo if were to continue. 2. He gave us the option to do Mini-IVF which is a little cheaper than a full blown IVF. You aren't on as many medications as the other. 3. Full blown IVF We are waiting to see if we can get pregnant naturally, but decided to do full blown IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Holly )
Holly. Holly is an angel. She is patience, compassionate, and loves her patients. She truly cares for me. She's been my primary nurse from day one. There have been plenty of days that I would call her to just ask a question, cry, or just babble on about what my husband did, and she was there to listen. I'm so grateful for this nurse! Ruth is the other nurse for Dr. C. I've worked with her as well. She's been with Dr. C for like 15 years. She knows her stuff and I enjoyed working with her as well.
Describe your experience with Dallas-Fort Worth Fertility Associates.
This clinic is organized. They have protocols. At first you may feel like they are just shuffling you through, but each lady here cares. Don't let the organization make you feel like a number. Talk to the girls in the front and the other nurses. They are all very sweet and work hard to make the office function so flawlessly. One thing that threw me off is each cycle must be paid in full before moving on to the next. In the grand scheme of things, I get it. It just caught me off guard when I owed hundreds all at once.
My insurance covered a percentage of office visits and blood work. Below is what I can remember. Sono - $365 (no insurance) IUI - $600 (no insurance) Quoted mini IVF - $8K (no genetic testing) Quoted IVF - $14K (no genetic testing)