Dallas IVF

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
2840 Legacy Drive
Frisco, TX 75034
214-297-0020
5301 W. University Drive
McKinney, TX 75071
3000 Communications Parkway
Plano, TX 75093
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Dallas IVF to a friend?
Stacey, the sonographer [at Dallas IVF] was absolutely amazing. Super kind, considerate, very informative & in the most professional way she shared such hopefulness with each sonogram that good things could be coming. Amanda & Mallory we’re my nurses and both were great...I was provided a cost sheet at the beginning which was helpful since I don’t have infertility coverage through my insurance. Fertility meds cost about $500 each time, each sonogram was $250 & the IUI was about $500+...
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is very organized & efficient. I’ve never had so many dr. appointments, but each time everyone was professional, prompt & supportive. I feel like the team of doctors are experts in their field & their leadership helps ensure the office is effective and supportive.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Barnett closely reviewed our history prior to our first appointment and asked us detailed questions. He patiently walked us through his recommendation, covering all details, and helping us understand our situation and what would be next. When I met him, I so wished I had come to see him sooner!
Stacey, the sonographer was absolutely amazing. Super kind, considerate, very informative & in the most professional way she shared such hopefulness with each sonogram that good things could be coming. Amanda & Mallory we’re my nurses and both were great.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
I am so grateful to have had such a knowledgeable, thorough, considerate doctor. I appreciate his straightforward nature and the efficiency of his office. We felt so comfortable with us recommended path of treatment, and so cared for along the way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
You are in great hands! Personally, I came prepared with my questions and Dr. Barnett helped me understand our history, our needs, and our potential for a successful pregnancy without having to take the most aggressive approach. I felt so informed, and hopeful about our future thanks to Dr. Barnett’s time spent with us and I hope you will too!
Describe the protocols Brian Barnett used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
We had unexplained infertility & Dr. Barnett explained what percent of patients fall into this category. We had done a few tests in preparation - HSG, sperm analysis, ovarian reserve & thankfully all looked healthy & normal. So he recommended IUI treatment, with low doses of fertility meds. I took clomid & low doses & of gonal-f & ovidril to trigger ovulation. My body responded well to all meds, the first IUI was unsuccessful. Dr. Barnett had said we’d reevaluate each time to see my body’s response, and because my response we good, we kept the same low dose treatment for a 2nd round IUI that was succcessful!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
Describe Brian Barnett's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
Because we had no known issues, IUI was recommended for us which we felt great about. I had reservations about IVF which I shared with him & he shared helpful insights for me to consider if we learned we may need that path later (for example, we could limit our number of embryos if we were concerned about having many more than we wanted to implant should we ever need IVF treatment).
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
IVF [at Dallas IVF] was roughly $20k + medication (ranges from 3k-6k. That includes ICSI and PGS testing. IUI at this clinic was about $3400 with medication)...The McKinney location has a great staff. They are always kind and helpful. I have always had my calls returned promptly and the check in/check out process is easy. They have a great website with a lot of patient resources. No negatives from my experience.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Havemann and her entire staff know my husband and I by name. When we call the office, they know who we are. When we experienced a loss they we all aware and said they had been thinking of us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
Lauren and another nurse (I cannot recall her name) were always very thorough with us explaining everything step by step, providing calendars, and follow up calls to keep us on track. They have always called back timely with results.
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Havemann is extremely warm and welcoming. She is extremely thorough in trying to investigate the cause of infertility to best guide next steps. Unfortunately, we still fell into the “unexplained” category, but I do feel like she exhausted every test possible to come to that conclusion. She communicates very clearly and she is honest. When it comes to hard discussions she is very empathetic. Having been through IVF herself she truly understands the infertility journey. I was amazed that she personally did all of my treatments and a Dr. from the practice is always available by phone after hours if you need anything. We did get pregnant through IVF with Dr. H after 4 failed IUIs with another doctor in the clinic. Unfortunately we miscarried but we will be trying again soon.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
Make sure you are okay with a doctor who is very thorough. While that may sound standard, being thorough takes time and you have patience because it is a process. You will not go in and schedule IVf for the next month that is not how it works, even though many of us with infertility feel we are running out of time. Over a period of months we tested my fallopian tubes, had a hysteroscopy to check out my uterine lining, tested egg quality, did blood work to test my autoimmune condition, etc. before being led to IVF. For me, it wouldn’t make sense to me to go through such an emotional and expensive procedure without ruling those things out first.
Describe the protocols Dara Havemann used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
For IVF egg retrieval, I did hormone injections with a trigger shot (I cannot recall the dose or name). The only side effect I recall was severe bloating and a little bruising from the shots which were painless. I also took a progesterone suppository after the transfer. We had 18 eggs retrieved and got 8 five day embryos that we did PGS testing on and we wound up with 6 total healthy embryos. Our first transfer was a success but we miscarried at 6 weeks.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF.
$35 copay for all of my visits. IVF was roughly $20k + medication (ranges from 3k-6k. That includes ICSI and PGS testing. IUI at this clinic was about $3400 with medication. Progesterone to take after the procedure is $1800/mo if not covered by insurance.
Describe Dara Havemann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
We only wanted to transfer one. From my understanding the max they will transfer is 2 to avoid risks of high order multiples.
McKinney
Amanda Wankovsky and Mallory Jackson [nurses at Dallas IVF] were my dream team! Their enthusiasm for our case was sincerely appreciated, and their availability for all of my questions, requests, and needs was always on hand. They made the (sometimes) long-winded tutorials fun when I needed to learn about the meds, and when they had to call with bad news their compassion was incredible. Though when they had our good news, their excitement was amazing!! I loved having them in my corner! Stacy from Sono was also absolutely wonderful, FANTASTIC at her craft, and completely professional. And I loved the older blood lady too, though I can't remember her name! She's so great at what she does... makes you feel so comfortable and NEVER misses. Sometimes I could hardly feel it when she hit the vein. An all around AMAZING staff.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dallas IVF Frisco has a super convenient location, was incredibly clean, offerred lots of reading options in the lobby, and worked like a well-oiled machine. I did wish they had a Keurig in the lobby for some hot tea (or naughty coffee) - already told Dr. Ku that recommendation ;-)
Loved every meeting with Dr. B in that I'm a fan of a doc who is direct and not too much of a hand-holder. He's open about his family and kids and inquires about our backgrounds which makes him incredibly personable, but he's a professional, and will get back to the business of discussing your game plan quickly while always taking the time to answer all of our questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda Wankovsky)
Amanda Wankovsky and Mallory Jackson were my dream team! Their enthusiasm for our case was sincerely appreciated, and their availability for all of my questions, requests, and needs was always on hand. They made the (sometimes) long-winded tutorials fun when I needed to learn about the meds, and when they had to call with bad news their compassion was incredible. Though when they had our good news, their excitement was amazing!! I loved having them in my corner! Stacy from Sono was also absolutely wonderful, FANTASTIC at her craft, and completely professional. And I loved the older blood lady too, though I can't remember her name! She's so great at what she does... makes you feel so comfortable and NEVER misses. Sometimes I could hardly feel it when she hit the vein. An all around AMAZING staff.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
I remember upon first meeting Dr. B that his confidence was calming. He's incredibly knowledgeable about the fertility process, roadblocks, and options, and he was thorough when trying to figure out our fertility issues. He's straight forward and to the point, yet takes the time to get to know you which I'm all about... it's a nice balance between a realist and a coddler, if you will. It was always a pleasure meeting with him.
Be prepared with your questions and don't be afraid to keep on asking them - he's a busy doc, but he'll give you the time if you need it.
We were an unexplained case of infertility, so considering that, Dr. B wanted to only try 2 attempts at IUI starting with a conservative approach to stimulation drugs (Follistim and Clomid) for round 1, and a higher dosage for round 2. The plan was that if the IUI's didn't work, to not waste our time and money and shoot straight for IVF with a fresh transfer. First 2 IUI's were unsuccessful. Did the IVF with fresh transfer. Worked like a charm.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
Our insurance didn't cover much of anything, so we had to pay out of pocket.
Considering my age and a consultation with the embryologist (and my fearlessness of twins as I'm a twin and love being one) we went with 2 embryos for transfer.
Frisco
They [Dallas IVF] are busy but even so I usually did not have to wait too long. When I needed an appointment they were always able to squeeze me in when needed. They worked around my working schedule as much as possible... Each procedure was "a la carte" here instead of being a pre-packaged payment for all services. This ended up being a better deal for us. The cost of a full IVF cycle was a slightly more pricey than my previous clinic but WELL worth it.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
They are busy but even so I usually did not have to wait too long. When I needed an appointment they were always able to squeeze me in when needed. They worked around my working schedule as much as possible and were much more accommodating than my previous fertility clinic.
Dr. Havemann is so caring but yet also extremely professional. Having seen another fertility doctor before Dr. Havemann helped me realize what a treasure she is!
They were all very nice and caring.
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
I truly cannot say enough good things about Dr. Havemann. We received our diagnosis of poor egg quality from her and even though those were not the results we were hoping for I still loved meeting with her every time...even when we received such devastating news. She is equally personable and professional. She follows through on everything she says 100%. I did not feel like a number there at ALL as I did at the other fertility clinic I used in the past.
Go see her immediately...you will not regret it at all...she is wonderful!
We planned to do a freeze all cycle for IVF. When my follicles were not responding as hoped she changed dosage of medications, etc. She kept me extremely informed throughout the whole process. I only was able to retrieve 4 eggs (later diagnosed with low egg count and poor egg quality), 3 fertilized, but none made it past day 5. She personally called me to discuss this as well as a follow up appointment where she delivered the worst news I have up to this point received in the best way possible.
McKinney
The clinic [Dallas IVF ] is warm, not cold in a sense that you feel uncomfortable when waiting to be roomed. The front office are warm and welcoming. The back office nurses are always helpful and kid when working with the patient. Always received calls asap when getting lab work done. The clinic does not hassle you from a financial point of view. They are very considerate and work with you when it comes to the financial part of it. I can not think of any weaknesses the clinic has.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is warm, not cold in a sense that you feel uncomfortable when waiting to be roomed. The front office are warm and welcoming. The back office nurses are always helpful and kid when working with the patient. Always received calls asap when getting lab work done. The clinic does not hassle you from a financial point of view. They are very considerate and work with you when it comes to the financial part of it. I can not think of any weaknesses the clinic has.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is extremely compassionate in what he does. He explained that him and his wife also struggled with infertility and have had kids through IVF. When receiving negative results from the nurse, he still makes the time to contact his patients and see how they are doing with receiving bad news.
All of the nurses were very kind and helpful. They always explained things as they worked. They were patient in answering all of the questions I had.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Meeting Dr. Ku for an initial consult was a very great experience. When waiting in front lobby area. Dr. Ku is the one who gets you to his office, not the MA's. That in itself is very personable. Dr. Ku goes over every factor in detail and explains every step. He wants us to ask questions so that he addresses our concerns we have. He does not speak in medical terms that we would not be able to understand. When both of my IUI cycles came back to be unsuccessful, I would receive a call from him personally to voice his sadness with us. Each time he would ask if there was anything he could do to help me grieve the loss.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
That they do not need to hesitate in asking many questions. Dr/ Ku is very patient in answering every question, no matter how insignificant it may mean.
Describe the protocols Lowell Ku used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
I was taking a mix of Clomid and Letrozole along with low doses of Follistim injections. The reson I was put on this cocktail of meds was due to my PCOS. I have a very large number of eggs to each ovary and Dr. Ku did not want to cause OHSS if taking too may injections. At each visit, he would adjust med/injection intake to make sure treatment did not cause OHSS.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
My insurance did not cover anything fertility related. For each IUI cycle, including ultrasounds and lab work, I paid roughly around $1k each time. This is not including the medications.
Describe Lowell Ku's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
Have not done IVF with Dr. Ku as of yet due to financial reasons.
Frisco
Everybody is nice and knowledgeable in that clinic [Dallas IVF]....If they cannot reach me by phone since my phone is always in silent if I’m working they would reach out to me by email... I felt like I have a team who got my back in that clinic. They are always pleasant everytime I come for my appt. The cashier and the person who does the appointment scheduling is very accommodating...My primary nurse Mary is very good in explaining all the details of my treatment with me.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Everybody is nice and knowledgeable in that clinic. They ff-up all the time. If they cannot reach me by phone since my phone is always in silent if I’m working they would reach out to me by email. I don’t see any weaknesses.
Dr Ku is very sensitive with my feelings. He was very compassionate. He knows that that we drive 6hrs total (back and forth) just to see him. He did make sure that he saw me even though I was late with my appointment. He always make sure that I am comfortable with all the decisions with my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
My primary nurse Mary is very good in explaining all the details of my treatment with me. She would email me all my lab request if I cannot make it to their clinic and just have it done closer to my residence. My Sono nurse is so knowledgeable. She is always honest with me. She would explain everything that she was seeing in the Sono. She cheered with me when I had good numbers of follicles and felt sad when we did not find any fetal heart beat. I felt like I have a team who got my back in that clinic. They are always pleasant everytime I come for my appt. The cashier and the person who does the appointment scheduling is very accommodating.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Ku is the perfect Reproductive Endocrinologist for me. He fully understands all the emotions you are going through since he experienced infertility himself. He knows the financial burden and how stressful dealing with infertility. He made our journey more bearable for us. He was always honest and very supportive with all our decisions. He is very soft-spoken and he will explain everything clearly. He never rush our meetings.
You will never regret choosing Dr Ku as your Reproductive Endocrinologist.
We did the Follistism and Clomid combination. Since I can get pregnant but had miscarriage 3x we opted for IUI. First IUI was negative probably due to just having 1 egg and small amount of sperm on our 1st cycle. 2nd IUI we got pregnant but miscarriage at 8wks. Probably due to genetics/chromosomal. So Dr ku suggested we do IVF so we can choose the quality of the embryo.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
As with any other Fertility Clinic it’s expensive and my insurance will only cover for lab tests. It is financially draining. But they do offer some financing.
We have not talk about embryo transfer since we only did IUI.
Frisco
We have embryos that were donated to us stored at this clinic [Dallas IVF] and we were not informed that our storage fee was past due by 6 months and so we are making payments to get it paid and will have to pay the yearly storage fee again in 6 months which I don't think is right for us to have to do. Also I was informed that I can not have any consults with the doctor until our storage fee is paid so I'm working with my obgyn until we are caught up.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
As I live out of state from this clinic, I can't give a full opinion of this clinic. But from the little that I have experienced I believe this clinic to be orderly and timely with patient info and receiving information from previous doctors.
The consult was rushed and I felt like my accomplishments and voice was considered or heard.
I spoke with a nurse over the phone and received the treatment plan via email. The staff appears to be organized and timely with getting out info.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
We only had a phone consult as I live in Ohio and his office is in TX. He looked over all of my medical history and expressed what he thought was the next steps in moving forward which basically I felt like was putting me on the back burner. My accomplishments with weight loss seem to never be enough and as someone who is going to be 42 I feel like I don't have time to wait. But that didn't seem to matter. The doctor was thorough and organized and is well knowlegable in his area of expertise. But when it came to my specific needs, I felt like I wasn't heard.
Make sure you have all questions and concerns written down and don't be afraid to express them.
The only protocol that we are doing now is weightloss and maintaining that I have a cycle every month. We set up a treatment plan for other testing to be done before we start cycling for transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF.
I had to pay 100.00 out of pocket for the phone consult and was informed that the thaw and transfer would cost 3700.00 not including meds and several tests leading up to transfer.
I don't know how many embryos this doctor would transfer at once but I'm not opposed to multiple embryo transfer at once.
Frisco
Strengths were that everyone there [Dallas IVF] was very nice and professional and competent. I would have like it however if we had an ultrasound on the day of the IUI to see how many follicals there actually were.... Each cycle included 2 ultrasounds, Estrogen level, consultation and IUI and came out to be about $1100 not including donor sperm and meds which I purchased elsewhere.... They were very friendly, informative, and always responded to my emails very quickly.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Strengths were that everyone there was very nice and professional and competent. I would have like it however if we had an ultrasound on the day of the IUI to see how many follicals there actually were.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mukowski was very nice and I liked that she was willing to let us try IUI instead of throwing a lot of statistics at us. She was always very positive. My husband felt that although she was nice that she was somewhat distant after our initial consultation which bothered him a little but to me it didn’t matter since she still provided good care. All in all she is a good competent doctor with an AWESOME and very personable nursing staff that always get back with you very quickly. I would recommend her.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
She has a pleasant personality and I didn’t have any issues with her. She was always very positive when I went for my ultrasounds and insemination. I can’t say I wasn’t a little disappointed when I didn’t hear from her after negative pregnancy tests but that isn’t the way most practices run so it wasn’t something I would of held against her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
After a failed cycle be sure to ask for direction on what to do next so that your not left hanging.
Describe the protocols Sara Mucowski used in your cycles at Dallas IVF and their degree of success.
First IUI cycle was clomid only for a few days and only produced one follicle. The second cycle I took follistim and clomid and ended up with 3-6 follicles and no pregnancy. Third attempt also used clomid and follistim-same protocol as second cycle except I ended up triggering 48 hrs before IUI instead of 36hrs (I did this on my own not per orders). I had 3 large follicals on the ultrasound 2 days prior to the IUI. I had a faint positive urine pregnancy test and some pregnancy symptoms starting about 4 days before my period was due but on the 14th day post IUI, urine hcg was negative and serum hcg was only slightly elevated to show positive but was back down to zero two days later instead of doubling.
2013 - 2017
The clinic [Dallas IVF] isn't the best about calling back, answer the nursing line, etc, but I didn't care because Dr. Ku is amazing and he is worth all of it. If I ever didn't get the answer I was looking for I was able to text/call Dr. Ku and I always got the answer I needed.... I went in for blood work one time and some how my blood sample never made it to the lab. I had to go in again for another blood test. Not a big deal in the end.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dr. Ku is worth it. No matter what I encountered. The clinic isn't the best about calling back, answer the nursing line, etc, but I didn't care because Dr. Ku is amazing and he is worth all of it. If I ever didn't get the answer I was looking for I was able to text/call Dr. Ku and I always got the answer I needed.
His bedside manner was amazing. He made sure I understood what was going on and was always available to talk if I needed any explanation. He even gave me his cell number to text or call if I ever needed him. Even after having 3 children and not in treatment right now he texted me when our third was born to congratulate us. Such an amazing man that loves his patients!
With my first transfer in 2014 I loved the nursing staff. Joan (who is no longer there) was amazing. She was with me through the entire transfer. She always was the one that called with news and I loved that I had her through the process. With my son's transfer in 2016 the staff had changed and wasn't as good. I didn't have that connection with 1 nurse like before and most of the time when I called the nurses line I couldn't get anyone to answer. I would ask questions about things that Dr. Ku and I talked about and they either weren't sure or their answer was opposite of what Dr. Ku and I talked out.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
I cannot say enough amazing things about Dr. Ku. He is the most caring doctor I have ever met. Knowledgeable, trustworthy, warm, and truly loves his patients. He does everything he can to get the outcome wanted.
If bedside manner is important to you, Dr. Ku is your doctor. Not only does he have good bedside manner, but his knowledge of infertility is amazing! He has gone through IVF himself with his wife to have their children so he gets what we were going through on the emotional side of it too.
We started my IVF cycle with birth control for 10 days then added Lupron. Then he added Menopur and Follistim. We actually triggered 2 days early because I responded so well. We retrieved 38 eggs, 35 were mature, 25 fertilized, and we ended with 12 embryos. We did a fresh transfer of 1 AA embryo that resulted in our daughter born in July 2014. We did a frozen transfer of 1 embryo in June of 201 which resulted in our son born in March 2016.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
We paid around $16,000 for our IVF/ICSI fresh transfer in 2014 and $3200 for a frozen transfer in 2016.
When deciding for our first transfer he recommended 1 embryo due to the fact that it was an AA embryo. I was very nervous because I wanted to highest chance of a baby. He was confident it would take and he promised if it didn't we would do 2 embryos the next transfer. He said their mission was to get me pregnant, stay pregnant, and bring a baby home. Not just to get me pregnant by any means necessary even if that meant multiples. The transfer worked and I had my daughter in July 2014.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I think that they [Dallas IVF] are a great clinic...I have not run into any weaknesses thus far.... Their costs were higher than I would pay elsewhere but I also felt like the level of care exceeded my expectations....[nursing staff] Always kind and caring. I didn't have much interaction with them though...I think that new patients would be in good hands at Dallas IVF....He [Dr. Ku] is a very kind, caring doctor. He lets you participate in your treatment options and talks to you like a best friend. When he has bad news to give you, you can hear that he is genuinely sad to tell it to you.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I think that they are a great clinic and I recommend them to everyone I meet who might have trouble conceiving. I have not run into any weaknesses thus far. I think that new patients would be in good hands at Dallas IVF.
He is a very kind, caring doctor. He lets you participate in your treatment options and talks to you like a best friend. When he has bad news to give you, you can hear that he is genuinely sad to tell it to you. He really walks right beside you before, during and after treatment.
Always kind and caring. I didn't have much interaction with them though.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
I could not have had a better experience as a patient with Dr Ku. I didn't achieve pregnancy but, he told me that what we were trying was not likely to work and that I should move on to donor eggs. I didn't want to and respected my decision though, after two failed injectable IUIs he said that he could no longer take my money for treatment that wasn't going to get me pregnant. I respected his candidness.
Just go to him, you won't regret it. I've recommend him to many people.
I started with Clomid cycles, my choice. He said I needed IVF for high FSH and very low AMH (17 and less than 0.01). After a few months of nothing happening, I did my first IUI with Clomid. I made one follicle and Dr. Ku cancelled the cycle as it was unlikely to result in a pregnancy. I did a second IUI with injectable medication and again made one follicle, I chose to proceed with the IUI. Again, nothing. I took some time off and did a few Femera cycles with no results. I decided to move on to donor eggs but have not moved forward on that. Then my husband and I decided to move child-less, for now.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
I felt like I was going to one if the top rated Dr.s and I paid a price for that. Their costs were higher than I would pay elsewhere but I also felt like the level of care exceeded my expectations.
I believe that he prefers single embryo transfers but is open to double.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Dallas IVF] is great. The one thing that upset me the most was a day before my FET, I was called by the Dallas IVF billing office and told the price of my FET had gone up to $5000. I was livid as the contract I had signed for my FET was for $3200. I had already paid in full for my procedure so I was happy and content and ready to move forward! But this call literally nearly ended the whole process. I was given some excuse that the $5000 wasn't an official price yet and was going to be discussed in the next board meeting. I was so mad and made sure that it was documented that I had paid in full before whatever meeting had took place and was NOT to be charged $5K for my FET. I shouldn't have even been told the price had gone up to $5K! One thing that does bother me, and I know will not change, is the doctor's should be the one's calling you to tell you your pregnancy test came back negative/positive. As much as we spend out of pocket, it would be the honest and right thing to do.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is great. The one thing that upset me the most was a day before my FET, I was called by the Dallas IVF billing office and told the price of my FET had gone up to $5000. I was livid as the contract I had signed for my FET was for $3200. I had already paid in full for my procedure so I was happy and content and ready to move forward! But this call literally nearly ended the whole process. I was given some excuse that the $5000 wasn't an official price yet and was going to be discussed in the next board meeting. I was so mad and made sure that it was documented that I had paid in full before whatever meeting had took place and was NOT to be charged $5K for my FET. I shouldn't have even been told the price had gone up to $5K! One thing that does bother me, and I know will not change, is the doctor's should be the one's calling you to tell you your pregnancy test came back negative/positive. As much as we spend out of pocket, it would be the honest and right thing to do.
Dr. Mucowski listened and was willing to work with me. She knew my fears and concerns as she was my 3rd RE to see for my issues. She was amazing. Very quiet demeanor, but so very smart!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Heather Wiley)
I enjoyed going to the office, they were all great. I worked with Heather and Katryce throughout the whole process. Katryce was great with hard needlesticks!
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
I was able to be very open and honest with Dr. Mucowski. She listened to my fears and agreed with them. We developed a game plan with each other 3 months before my FET. We stuck to the game plan and we conquered our goal. I was down to my last two embryos and this was my last chance to conceive a child before needing a hysterectomy at age 32. Now I am 15 weeks pregnant with my last embryo and will deliver by my 32nd birthday.
Dr. Mucowski is straight forward and to the point. She does not beat around the bush. She will give you the facts and you can take them or leave them. She has a quiet demeanor but you can tell she is processing and planning in her head. She has been down this road with her own egg retrieval so she understands your concerns and complaints. Don't be discouraged by her quiet nature.
I used Dr. Mucowski for my last and final FET. We met 3 months prior to my FET and had a game plan that we stuck to. I started Estrace 2mg on CD2 for two days, then increased to Estrace 2mg twice a day for CD4-9. On CD 10- 10 weeks pregnant, I was on Estrace 2mg three times a day. I started PIO (progesterone in oil) injections on CD 14 at 0.5ml. CD15 I was on 1.0ml of PIO and by CD16 I was on 1.5ml of PIO to assist with building the uterine lining. I continued PIO injections until 12 weeks pregnant. I had a positive urine pregnancy test on day 7 days post 5 day transfer. My beta HCG on on 10 days post 5 day transfer was 363.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
My insurance covered doctor's visits and sonograms and I only had the $30.00 copay. One of my sonograms- the lining check sonogram- was not covered and I had to pay $277 for the sonogram. My FET was $3200 and my meds were around $100 total with insurance.
Describe Sara Mucowski's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Dallas IVF.
Due to my age and diagnosis, and history of failed transfers, she was open to me transferring my last two embryos with no complaint.
Frisco
I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic [Dallas IVF]. It was clean and organized. I never had an issue with billing. They always submitted to insurance and if insurance would not pay, they switched me to self pay amounts...The nurses at all locations and especially the Plano location were excellent. They truly made you feel like an individual and a friend. They displayed compassion, concern, and hope (even when you did not). They always returned phone calls and explained everything multiple times, if needed. I never gave myself the injections and once when I needed an extra does, they gave me the injection.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I have nothing but positive things to say about this clinic. It was clean and organized. I never had an issue with billing. They always submitted to insurance and if insurance would not pay, they switched me to self pay amounts.
Dr. Mucowski is very business like. She is direct and to the point. Follow up appointments were short and a tiny bit unsympathetic. She always had a smile and remembered specifics about your case and your personal life.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski was very direct and explained everything that was happening. At times she spoke very softly and it was difficult to understand. She was quick but made sure you understood the procedure.
Come in knowing what questions you want to ask. She tells you what you need to know, but will answer any other questions you have.
I became pregnant on my 4th IVF transfer, third IVF retrival. I experienced one chemical, one miscarriage at 8 weeks, and one negative. I never used birth control on any cycle. During the second and third cycle clomid was added into my protocol.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
The first cycle was mostly covered by insurance. The final three were part of a multi cycle program. Overall all, I think we paid 20K out of pocket for the 4 cycles.
We always transferred two embryos.
Plano
The nurses and office [Dallas IVF] definitely made me feel like a human - very caring and responsive...I find it easy to get an appointment at the Plano clinic. Only once when I was scheduling the HSG test (at Frisco location), it was a bit stressful whether they could fit me in. I usually don't wait long. The clinic is clean and nice...My only complaint is that they don't have a place for the guys to produce their specimen. Since they want it there within 45 minutes for IUI prep and we don't live very close, we had a bit of a stressful time getting there in time. For our next cycle, we are going to ask to use the space at one of their other offices and then drive to Plano.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I find it easy to get an appointment at the Plano clinic. Only once when I was scheduling the HSG test (at Frisco location), it was a bit stressful whether they could fit me in. I usually don't wait long. The clinic is clean and nice. I had read a review that billing could be a bit frustrating with this clinic and you should keep copies of your payments. I haven't had any issues with this. Also when checking out, she always knows whether we should go through insurance or self-pay based on my coverage. It makes things much less stressful. My only complaint is that they don't have a place for the guys to produce their specimen. Since they want it there within 45 minutes for IUI prep and we don't live very close, we had a bit of a stressful time getting there in time. For our next cycle, we are going to ask to use the space at one of their other offices and then drive to Plano.
The nurses and office definitely made me feel like a human - very caring and responsive. Dr. Mucowski is a bit business-like. She tells me what we need to know, but doesn't elaborate too much. The appointments are very quick, so I feel like I must know going in what questions I need to ask.
I really like the nursing staff at the Plano office. They have been very caring and responsive.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski was recommended to me by my OB-GYN. I definitely feel like she is very knowledgeable and competent. She will tell us what we need to know, but doesn't spend too much time elaborating. The appointments with her are very quick, so I always need to think of questions ahead of time. She went over all of our fertility testing in detail with us, so I guess we are dealing with some MFI and/or unexplained - she hasn't really labeled us.
Feel free to speak up with questions with her.
We used clomid for our first IUI cycle. We never tried clomid prior to this because I did not have issues with ovulating. At the ultrasound the day before the IUI, I had 3 follicles but my lining was thinner than she would like (I believe due to clomid). She gave me a prescription for estrogen pills (estrace?), and we continued with the IUI the following day. This cycle failed I believe mostly due to the lining as my menstrual cycle was very light. We are in the middle of our second cycle, and we are trying femara this time. At the beginning of this cycle we had an ultrasound, and I had one cyst (leftover follicle). We waited for the blood results to see the estrogen level (determines whether we would have to skip this cycle.) It was higher than last cycle, but they told me we could proceed. Hopefully the ultrasound in a few days will show thicker lining this time and good follicles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
When using self-pay, the IUI costs $650.
We have not discussed any of this with her yet, but I did see one chart on the wall about how they suggest you only transfer one embryo at a time to reduce the risk of multiples.
Frisco
The clinic [Dallas IVF] is very clean and nice. There are snacks and water in the waiting room. The most I had to ever wait past a scheduled appointment time was 30-45 minutes. The office staff is nice as well and easy to communicate with.... The nursing staff were compassionate and informative on any changes in the plan of care. They were kind and helpful on the phone as well.... I believe the sonograms were $225 each (~10-12 total), IUI procedure $350,
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is very clean and nice. There are snacks and water in the waiting room. The most I had to ever wait past a scheduled appointment time was 30-45 minutes. The office staff is nice as well and easy to communicate with.
His plans of care are very personalized and the monitoring is top notch. He shows true compassion for your well-being.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku filled me with confidence at our first initial meeting stating “I run this ship”, reporting that we would be seeing him often and he would be in charge of our treatment plans. He also confirmed that he would be drawing my blood often, which was lacking at the other clinic where I was a patient. He also gave me his personal phone number in case there was anything I needed. I was disappointed after our IVF cycle resulted in zero normal embryos and he did not give me a sympathy phone call after we had gone through such a devastating and expensive cycle.
Have any and all questions you want answered at your initial consultation and he will provide you with all the information needed.
Our first IUI with Dr. Ku we did Follistim. His nurses performed vaginal US every other day to monitor response to meds. His lab also checked my blood to make sure they did not miss my ovulation window. The IUI resulted in an early miscarriage. This was our 5th failed IUI so we decided to use the money we had saved for an IVF cycle. He prescribed Follistim, Menopur and then the drug to prevent ovulation. We had injections nightly at 8pm for 13 days, with vaginal US every other day as well. Follistim was increased mid-cycle to increase egg count/size. Retrieval day we got 11 eggs, 7 of which fertilized and 1 that made it to freeze. This embryo was graded excellent, and then came back abnormal after PGS testing. Therefore we ended up with zero embryos after all the time, money, stress and heartache.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
I believe the sonograms were $225 each (~10-12 total), IUI procedure $350, Egg retrieval $11,000, IUI medication $1,000, IVF medication $6,500, PGS testing $750, Donor sperm (2 vials- 1 IUI, 1 IVF) $2000
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
I worked with a few nurses during my treatment [at Dallas IVF-Frisco]. Most of them were okay, there was one nurse Mary, who was very cheerful and nice.... Long wait for sonogram.. we sometimes waited more than an hour for sonograms. The receptionist was okay, sometimes hard to get someone on the phone. The billing dept gave confusing answers as to why they were charging my insurance and my credit card for the same procedure.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I worked with a few nurses during my treatment. Most of them were okay, there was one nurse Mary, who was very cheerful and nice.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku has good bedside manner, answers all questions and shows compassion. He did all my IUI's but I did not get to meet with him after the first failed IUI with clomid, which I wish he had. I only got to speak to his nurse, which wasn't very helpful. My second IUI, I tried the same thing (clomid) and it failed again. However, he met with me briefly before my third try to discuss changing to injectibles. His manner is very sweet and he tries to answer all your questions as best as he can. I got pregnant on my third try but it ended in a miscarriage. One thing I wish he had done now, was I wish he had done more diagnostic tests to cover all bases before starting treatment. He did a HSG and hysteroscopy but I wish I had insisted on checking my thyroid levels again and other hormones.
Always ask all questions you can think of.
Me=34/35 Husband=34 Natural pregnancy w/o trying but ended in mmc at 9 weeks No known medical issues Irregular period (avg. 35 days; about 10 cylces/yr) 1) Before treatment: baseline sonogram at day 16 = 29 immature follicles; AMH = 5.62; Sperm analysis = normal; HSG = normal; HSC=normal; Diagnosed with mild PCOS 2)IUI#1: clomid 50mg x 5 days; 2 mature follicles; E2=800's; Uterine lining= 5mm; trigger with ovidrel; IUI 36 hrs later; P4 supp; Negative beta 3)IUI#2: clomid 50mg x 5 days; 1 mature follicle; E2=400's; Uterine lining= 5mm; trigger with ovidrel; IUI 24hrs later; P4 supp; Negative beta 4)IUI#3: follistim x 7 days (100IU-75IU); 1-2 mature follicle; E2=900's; Uterine lining=10mm; trigger with ovidrel; IUI 36hrs later; P4 supp; Beta 15dpiui=560; Beta 17dpiui=982; Sonogram at 7 and 8.5 weeks = fetus measuring 6wks no hb.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
My insurance paid for my IUIs and tests. I had to pay about 90 dollars for prog. suppositories and drugs cost about 300 for injectibles. Sperm washing was 300 dollars
Frisco
[Dallas IVF] Weakness = communication & bloodwork staff; Strengths = ...the online portal, being able to email Mary and Stacia (Dr. Ku's Nurses), reputation, front office staff knowledge on insurance and payment options...The bloodwork portion of the clinic is less than friendly. The man taking blood on Saturday was awful. ... I also wish the clinic would call with results rather than me googling 'normal range for....' everytime a result posted online. I was confused with the treatment Dr. Ku laid out and what my treatment actually became.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Weakness = communication & bloodwork staff; Strengths = Dr. Ku in general, the online portal, being able to email Mary and Stacia (Dr. Ku's Nurses), reputation, front office staff knowledge on insurance and payment options.
Dr. Ku was very warm and personable in his approach at our consultation and HSG procedure. He and nursing staff always answered my questions. During my treatment however they both kept referencing an IUI when during our first cycle we are doing meds + timed intercourse. That made me feel like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mary & Stacia)
I haven't seen Stacia or Mary in person but I have been able to email with questions that I had thought of after my appointment. Mary emailed me back within 24 hours. The first nurse I saw in person - not sure of her name - seemed to take my questions personally. She also mistakenly thought I was doing an IUI when in fact I am doing timed intercourse for the first round. Katryce, the second nurse I saw was much more personable and answered all my questions. The ultrasound tech was nice and answered all my questions
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He is very personable and warm. He also has a very positive outlook while still being realistic. He answers every question my husband and I asked. Has a good reputation for getting good results. Only wish I had taken better notes in my initial consultation because I had some confusion once treatment was underway. For example, I wish he would have said 'don't take any meds until your first ultrasound' and 'the nurses will give you your next set of instructions at your next appointment' and 'results are available online and here are the normal ranges you are looking for'
Take lots of notes during your first consult. Ask lots of questions.
He laid out 5 progressively more aggressive treatment options and the odds of conception with each. 1. Letrozole, Trigger Shot, TI 2. Same but with IUI 3. Letrozole, 3 days stimulative injections, trigger shot, IUI 4. 7 days of stimulative injections, trigger shot, IUI 5. IVF. The rationale was because we do not have male factor infertility and I'm only 30 we have time to start with less aggressive/less expensive treatments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
Not sure as I requested everything billed to insurance except in cases that were out of network. Then it was clear what the out of pocket expense would be.
Anovulation, Unexplained
I think the strength of this clinic [Dallas IVF McKinney] is their bed side manner. I think their weakness is communication....getting messages to Dr. Havemann was challenging...our ultrasound tech didn’t seem familiar with IVF because I had some follicles measuring 22 mm and she told me that I had already ovulated and caused a big scare...Communication and professionalism in the whole practice is very poor. I truly felt that Dr. Havemann and the embryologist knew they had both made poor and unethical decisions...
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I think the strength of this clinic is their bed side manner. I think their weakness is communication. I would just make sure you get as much as possible in writing and go in trying to not be too emotional about this process and stay on top of every detail yourself.
She was very personable, sweet and compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Angela )
Joan was great! Angela was sweet but I feel communication to getting messages to Dr. Havemann was challenging.
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
Our experience was that she never wanted to think outside of the box and give us a diagnosis or even theorize why we aren’t getting pregnant. She seems very timid and scared. For example, after 3 miscarriages I had to push hard for a recurrent loss panel - which is pretty standard. So, all of our treatments and procedures were a very generic, blanketed approach. She was supportive and sweet throughout our time with her. Once we got to IVF everything fell apart. Due to going into IVF with unexplained infertility and a very generic approach, I was concerned about a zero fertilization rate and had requested to do ICSI. I was assured by my nurse if it was deemed necessary on day of procedure it would be done and I let it go because it wasn’t explained clearly how that decision was going to be made so I assumed it was going to be done because I had asked. (Rookie mistake) Dr. Havemann also pushed for us to fertilize “X” amount and freeze the rest because since we were on the younger side she prepared us that we would probably end up with more embryos than the number of children we wanted. We decided to fertilize 10 and freeze any remainder. We ended up with 10 to fertilize and 7 to freeze at retrieval. On the day of retrieval the embryologist suggested doing ICSI and Dr. Havemann made the executive decision to do conventional IVF because she made the statement we had a religious objection to ICSI because we had only requested 10 eggs to be fertilized and we were worried about having too many embryos. Fertilizing “X” amount and freezing the rest was her idea! For the record, we do not have any religious objections to any fertility treatments/procedures and this was a complete assumption made on Dr. Havemann’s part and I found out after speaking with embryologist this was actually noted in our medical chart!! In the end, we had a zero fertilization rate and had one slow-to-start embryo that was poorly graded and we were told ICSI probably would have circumvented this issue. That was an expensive and upsetting lesson, especially when it was not communicated to me clearly we were not doing ICSI and I had to find out my doctor put notes about me being religious in my chart. Even worse the embryologist later denied our conversation where she told me she recommended ICSI but Dr. Havemann made the decision to do conventional due to our “religious objections” to ICSI. Also, since our embryos were doing so poorly, we kept being told every day when the embryologist would call that Dr. Havemann would call us that day to check on us and explain where to go from there. This was told to us 4 times and we never received a call from Dr. Havemann. That was very upsetting. We did do a fresh transfer on day 5, in which that morning the embryologist called me and chewed me out denying our previous conversation about the ICSI and called me crazy and a liar. Which was very unprofessional and upsetting. We did get pregnant from this transfer but it ended in a chemical pregnancy a week later. In our appointment to debrief this whole IVF cycle and figure out how to move forward, Dr. Havemann was looking across her desk at me 8 months pregnant and crying tears saying how unfair this was for us but that at least we learned a lot. She apologized for the religious assumption and the poor communication and said she would do ICSI moving forward. And used the cliche hindsight is 20/20. I would not recommend her if you aren’t a straight forward, text book, simple case. I think her bed side manner is great but her intuition as a doctor and her confidence in herself and her decisions she makes needs some growth. Communication and professionalism in the whole practice is very poor. I truly felt that Dr. Havemann and the embryologist knew they had both made poor and unethical decisions and were both trying to cover their behinds so we couldn’t sue or wouldn’t get a compensated cycle. We had an independent doctor that has been doing IVF for 30 years look at our case and he said the least Dr. Havemann owed us was a free cycle with our frozen eggs. I don’t even trust Dr. Havemann to do something for free on me.
Make sure you are communicating yourself very clearly about your wants and needs as a patient. I would get as much in writing as you can.
Timed Intercourse- Letrozole, Follistim 75 iu every other day for a total of 3 shots and progesterone suppositories 100 mg daily for 14 days IUI - Letrozole, Follistim 75 iu every other day for a total of 3 shots, Pregnyl trigger shot, progesterone suppositories 100 mg daily for 14 days IVF - Ganirelix 250 mg for 4 days, Menopur, Gonal F 300 iu daily, Pregnyl trigger shots and Crinone 90 Mg progesterone daily for 14 days
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Dallas IVF.
For the most part, since I was working I requested the earliest appointment so there wasn’t much of a wait. The only thing I didn’t like was our ultrasound tech didn’t seem familiar with IVF because I had some follicles measuring 22 mm and she told me that I had already ovulated and caused a big scare and she told a nurse and she came in and looked at the size of the follicles and told me I had not ovulated.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF.
An IUI was about $500 plus the medications. IVF was about $15,000 plus medications
I was pleased that my doctor felt one embryo was best for us.
McKinney
We did not care for the clinic as a whole. We often had to do ultrasounds with other providers and we found them to very often be downright cold and harsh. We also felt that the system was unorganized at times. Dr. Mucowski certainly was the only doctor we would have opted to see.... We experienced several beaurocratic mishaps--from our appointment time being mistakenly miscommunicated to just now receiving a large bill six months after leaving the clinic's care.
Investment Banker
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dr. Mucowski, though she is obviously an incredibly smart and gifted physician, didn't spend a lot of time with us--which we felt was important. With our visits to her being like walking into waist-deep water and not knowing how deep it gets, we felt unprepared at times for what the process would actually be like. I felt my physical care was great, but we didn't feel like individuals in the practice.
We worked mainly with Heather, who was exceptional. We occasionally interacted with other nurses, but we were concerned that some of them so often were not confident in the answers they would give. Heather was certainly our guiding light.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
We liked Dr. Mucowski and felt she gave me excellent medical care. Our biggest complaint is that we often felt unprepared for timing and process of what would happen next. We ended up moving halfway through our treatment and continued with two IUIs while being monitored at a clinic local to us--otherwise, we would have eventually moved to IVF with Dr. Mucowski. She ended up referring us to our RE now whom we adore. All in all, we liked her and felt confident in her abilities, but felt a little fragile throughout the process and it might have helped us if she had held our hands more.
Advocate for yourself. If you are like me and need more support, ask for it. Dr. Mucowski and her staff are very kind and I'm sure would gladly have held our hands more--we simply needed to communicate that.
Two monitored and medicated IUIs. Both were unsuccessful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
We never discussed costs and had insurance coverage.
5 IUI, IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
[Dallas IVF] strengths are their compassion and quick responses. i would have liked for them to introduce themselves a bit more because i didn't know many of their names...i had a nurse call me with the wrong results -- they gave me results from a sperm analysis done years prior right after a vasectomy reversal so the results were terrible...[Nursing staff] lovely and kind. they explained everything to me when i asked and usually before i asked. they returned phone calls quickly.
5 IUI, IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
everyone knew my name and situation. nurses hugged me and cried with me. i could tell everyone was rooting for me and devastated with me when cycles didn't work.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
dr ku was a gem to work with. he responded to every phone call and text quickly and with detail. i never felt like i was bothering him. he is nice but honest and would never lead me to believe something would work if the chances were low.
ask as many questions as you can. he can't read your mind.
we started with IUI with injectibles because my tests came back fine. my husband's sperm sometimes had low motility and count, but it wasn't terrible. i responded well to follistim for the first 3 cycles, but with the 4th, i didn't. we cancelled that one and then tried menopur for the next one. i responded well to that medication, but it still ended with a negative test. after the 4th negative, we moved onto IVF. he left the decision for the 4th IUI up to my hay and and me. for financial reasons, we chose to do one more IUI before moving to IVF. i produced a ton of eggs with IVF and ended up with OHSS, so we did a freeze-all cycle and transferred the next month. because that ended in miscarriage, we did transferred two from the same freeze-all cycle with the next one. i ended up with a singleton birth less than a week ago and with my next round, i will do another freeze-all and transfer two since that's what worked for us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
i can't quite remember, but they were average compared to other places in town.
he is highly against multiple embryo transfers unless there is evidence to show that an eSET hasn't worked or won't work.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The entire nursing staff [at Dallas IVF - McKinney] is wonderful. They're so compassionate, often having to deliver bad news. I really felt like they cared about me personally. Since I got pregnant and "graduated" from their care, I've honestly missed them and wanted to go by there just to see how they were...Everyone at her office really got to know us personally. We feel like they're all part of the family!...
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dallas IVF is great -- the McKinney office is perfect, in my opinion, because it's very small. Occasionally there would be one other person in the waiting room, or I would pass someone on my way in, but it was never a packed house, which can be awkward in an infertility situation. It also contributes to getting to really know the nurses and staff personally. On the other hand, the larger Dallas IVF practice is great, because there's always a doctor and/or office open to you if you need a weekend monitoring appointment or have a question. The ONLY thing I ever didn't like about the Dallas IVF practice was the phlebotomist in the Frisco office; she wasn't super friendly and left big bruises in my arm every time she drew my blood.
She spent as much time as we needed answering questions, explaining the details and her reasonings for our protocol. Everyone at her office really got to know us personally. We feel like they're all part of the family!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
The entire nursing staff is wonderful. They're so compassionate, often having to deliver bad news. I really felt like they cared about me personally. Since I got pregnant and "graduated" from their care, I've honestly missed them and wanted to go by there just to see how they were.
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
She is wonderful. She went through the IVF process herself, so she really understands the emotional side of things, and is extremely empathetic. She was great at checking in with both my husband and I's emotional health in addition to our physical health. I was always comforted that she personally did every ultrasound and procedure; I truly felt like I was in the best hands possible.
Ask questions, and tell her how much info you do or do not want.
I have PCOS, so we always had to do a "low & slow" protocol to ensure I didn't overstimulate. We were always successful with that (never had to cancel an IUI cycle for too many follicles – typically had 2-3). I did always have big cysts after every medicated cycle, though, and had to skip a month for them to resolve. When we did IVF, we did 10 days of birth control, followed by 12 days of Follistim + Menopur, and Ganirelix the last 5-6 days. Due to my PCOS, we had planned to do a freeze-all cycle with a Lupron trigger to prevent OHSS, but the day of my trigger, my E2 levels were still low enough that she was comfortable moving forward with a fresh transfer, and switched me to an HCG trigger at the last minute. It worked! I got pregnant that cycle.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
The clinic [Dallas IVF McKinney] is convientely located next to Baylor Mckinney. It’s a nice location and seems very clean/well taken care of. All the staff members have been extremely nice. If you have to have a sono on the weekend or a retrieval done it wil be at the frisco location. The frisco location is also where the embryologist and your embroys stay frozen
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is convientely located next to Baylor Mckinney. It’s a nice location and seems very clean/well taken care of. All the staff members have been extremely nice. If you have to have a sono on the weekend or a retrieval done it wil be at the frisco location. The frisco location is also where the embryologist and your embroys stay frozen.
Dr. Havemann comes to the waiting room each appointment to greet us. She is compassionate and caring.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Lauren )
All members of Dr. Hs team are kind, organized and thorough.
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
Since Dr. Havemann has been through IVF herself she understands the process and the emotions that go with it. She is caring, smart and very quick. You can tell she knows what she’s talking about and she’s very thorough! I love that she draws pictures and writes out descriptions for me to take with me.
Start saving money unless you have insurance coverage
For IVF we used menopur, gannirlex, and foloistim. She was almost spot on when ordering meds and figuring out how much I’d need. We did stims for 9 days with follicle checks and blood work every other day. I felt she was gentle and thorough the day of my retrieval.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF.
Our IVF cycle cost us about 17,500. That was with conventional insemination, monitoring appointments, med cost, retrieval, anesthesia, and PGS testing of 5 embryos. We do not have any fertility coverage through insurance.
Dr. H suggests we transfer 1-2 PGS tested embryos
McKinney
The lab [at Dallas IVF] overwashed the sperm on one IUI, and there were no sperm left. The doctor ended up waiving half of the procedure cost, however I would have rather had a fighting chance. There was an instance where medications were not prescribed and they were required...The doctors are great, the staff is not. If you don’t mind being a self advocate and staying on top of the staff then the clinic is for you. The doctors know what they are doing and have good success rates, however they do seem busy and overworked.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I felt that the doctor and the stonographer really cared about me and went through the ups and downs with me.
Other than the stonographer, who is AMAZING, I would not recommend the staff at all. They are not organized and have really horrible communication. You truly have to be your own advocate. I would meet with dr and have a plan then the nurse would come in and have all the wrong information. Multiple times I had to correct them and they had to go back to the dr to confirm. Not to mention there was miscommunication on some medication that HAD to be ordered that was never mentioned and the stress of getting it while in the middle of an IVF cycle.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is very knowledgeable and empathetic. He takes time to explain all of the options and possibilities. The one issue I had was when we were going to transfer our embryos we did not agree on the number to transfer. Dr Ku only wanted to transfer 1 and I was insistent on 2. It was VERY difficult to get the 2 transferred, however in the end we did transfer 2.
Frisco
The front staff [at Dallas IVF] isn’t super friendly or helpful. Most of the nurses are great. The sonographer is fantastic! They have a patient portal online that you can use to see all your upcoming appointments, payments, treatment plans, lab results, etc. this is super helpful! They get results back to you very quickly and are pretty flexible with appointment times...Mallory [nurse] kind of took me under her wing. I always preferred to talk to Mallory because she knew me and knew my case. She was fantastic and if she didn’t know the answer to something, she would always get tj answer.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The front staff isn’t super friendly or helpful. Most of the nurses are great. The sonographer is fantastic! They have a patient portal online that you can use to see all your upcoming appointments, payments, treatment plans, lab results, etc. this is super helpful! They get results back to you very quickly and are pretty flexible with appointment times.
He often forgot who I was and had to look at my notes but he treated me well
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Mallory)
Mallory kind of took me under her wing. I always preferred to talk to Mallory because she knew me and knew my case. She was fantastic and if she didn’t know the answer to something, she would always get tj answer.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Barnett is very dry and to the point which I appreciated. He specifically tailors the treatment plan based on your needs. He is ruthfully honest so if you don’t appreciate that then don’t go see him. He will not hold your hand but he will do everything to get you pregnant. I trust his advice and expertise.
Don’t expect him to hold your hand!
I had tried Clomid with my OB and that didn’t work. So he suggested Femara for three months. Then when that didn’t work he suggested IUI but with only a maximum of three. After that did t work, he strongly suggested ivf with a frozen transfer. He advised against any fresh transfers especially with my PcOS
Total was about 25,000 for ivf I believe
Dr Barnett strongly encourages transferring one embryo at a time unless the embryos are terrible quality or you’re advanced maternal age. He advises against multiple embryos
Frisco
They [nurses at Dallas IVF] communicate vis phone and email. They always answer the phone and if they do not know the answer they will find the answer...basic IVF cost $9,300 or $11,100 including cryopreservation for 2 years ICIS cost $2000 per 10 eggs $200 per sono $95 for blood work during IVF $40 medication teaching $100 semen analysis...Very short wait time very personal
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Very short wait time very personal Dr. M greets you in the waiting room herself. she takes the time to explain thing to you and write them down for you while explaining. She provides real information She avoids costly unnecessary test She works with multiple labs for low cost testing The office is clean comfortable a great temperature and in a great location.
She was very descriptive and hand wrote notes while explaining the process
They communicate vis phone and email. They always answer the phone and if they do not know the answer they will find the answer.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski is very smart her only Weakness is not encouraging weight-loss. She has many strengths that includes providing resources and doing appropriate testing only. She takes time with patients aND greet them at the door. She is often early and spend extra time with patients. She is hands on and honest.
Be ready to have a baby
initially placed on birth control and metformin. Also went in for a sono and a polyp was discovered and surgery was scheduled.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF.
basic IVF cost $9,300 or $11,100 including cryopreservation for 2 years ICIS cost $2000 per 10 eggs $200 per sono $95 for blood work during IVF $40 medication teaching $100 semen analysis These are cash prices
I will be given the option. She prefers single embryo transfer but understand my financial limitation.
Frisco
They [nurses at Dallas IVF - McKinney] have all been kind and very helpful. What I'm most impressed with is their communication. As soon as tests results come in, they call immediately. If I call with a question, they either answer right them or call back within 30 minutes. They also email to check in with me...[Clinic] Strengths- communication, organization, ability to do early morning appointments Weaknesses- none that I have experienced so far...
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
She was compassionate and understanding of all that I have been through because she also has PCOS.
They have all been kind and very helpful. What I'm most impressed with is their communication. As soon as tests results come in, they call immediately. If I call with a question, they either answer right them or call back within 30 minutes. They also email to check in with me.
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
I'm a new patient and haven't fully gone through my first cycle, but so far she has been great. She explains things well and is willing to answer questions and listen to concerns. I'm also very impressed with her staff. The respond immediately with any messages I leave, and call as soon as they get lab results in.
Don't be scared to speak up and ask questions or present concerns. She exhibits compassion and a genuine desire to care for you as her patient.
I have PCOS, so for my first cycle she recommended Femara and IUI. Other than anovulation, I did not have other abnormal markers such as egg quality/count or advanced age. She chose Femara and Metformin to help with ovulation and IUI because my husband has a morphology issue that she felt sperm washing/IUI would assist with implantation.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF.
Copay for doctor visits, medication, sonograms, IUI
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
The nursing staff [at Dallas IVF] was amazing!! They always answered questions in a timely manner and were always very friendly.... The one thing I can think of is the wait time in the waiting room. Sometimes they were super fast but a few days I waited for over an hour for a blood draw. They didn’t check insurance information for the infection disease blood draw and almost made us pay $500 instead of going to quest for a lot cheaper (we were paying for everything out of pocket)
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dr. Ku is very personable and friendly. He takes the time to get to know his patients and makes you feel like he genuinely cares about you and the out come. When we got negative after negative results he was visually upset with us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Stacia Aaron )
The nursing staff was amazing!! They always answered questions in a timely manner and were always very friendly
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is very personable and invested in his patients. He gives you his personal number if you have any questions or concerns with treatment. He was always willing to answer questions and call fears during office visits
Be ready to start treatment right away. You will hit the ground running with Dr. Ku
The first two iui’s we did femara with follistim and ovidrel trigger shot. After those failed he upped my follistim and ovidrel dose
Medicine for iui was 400 each round. Iui were 2,000 each
He was willing to transfer up to two embryos if we wanted him to
Frisco
Amanda and Mallory [nurses at Dallas IVF-Frisco] always go above and beyond and treat me like family. So do all of his staff though even if I get another nurse. They all are wonderful!... I really can't say a negative thing about them. I would recommend them to everyone I know, and I do! make sure to schedule your appointments as soon as possible because they book up really quick because they are so busy.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dr. Barnett is an amazing doctor. He goes above and beyond for you and so does his staff. No question was stupid or small. They tested me like family. Going back for the next FET next month!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Amanda and Mallory)
Amanda and Mallory always go above and beyond and treat me like family. So do all of his staff though even if I get another nurse. They all are wonderful!
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Barnett is the best doctor ever! He explains everything in detail and is very hands on. He shoots straight and I need that. He never gave up on us. He's truly a great man. I am forever grateful for every thing he has done for us. He just encouraged is at every point and I will never be able to thank him enough for our baby boy.
Even if you get a negative result, stay with the same doctor. We had 2 FET, with no baby. And the 3rd one resulted in a normal baby boy. Don't give up before the miracle happens.
Frisco
They [nurses at Dallas IVF] are warm and welcoming, and very knowledgeable. They show compassionate and patience with me...The clinic is so timely. All the staff are friendly and they are almost always right on time. Everyone is helpful and fights for you. The receptionist argued over and over again with my insurance, just to make sure I they were giving me the coverage I was supposed to get.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
She addresses you by name, asks about your day, remembers details about your life that are unrelated to your treatment
They are warm and welcoming, and very knowledgeable. They show compassionate and patience with me.
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
She is a wonderful Dr. You can truly tell that she cares. She is open about her own IVF journey, and you can feel that she is on your side. She is compassionate and thorough. She explains everything to you in a way that you can understand, and you can tell that she is invested in you and your journey.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and to ask why.
Based on my labs she dosed my pills abd injections. When the first cycle was unsuccessful, she adjusted the doses.
Initial visit $300 Dr visit after $150 US $150 IUI $300
McKinney
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
This clinic [Dallas IVF] had a top of the line facility. It was clean, inviting and had the best technology. The lab was even quality air controlled! The surgery center was equally amazing. The waiting room was inviting too.... Each one [nursing staff] had a specific job so they weren’t overworked. They were all knowledgeable and well trained and kind....Dr Ku altered my protocol based on my last two unsuccessful rounds at my previous clinic.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
This clinic had a top of the line facility. It was clean, inviting and had the best technology. The lab was even quality air controlled! The surgery center was equally amazing. The waiting room was inviting too.
Dr Ku was so kind, compassionate and well trained. He communicated clearly and honestly. He took his time and went out of his way to say hi.
Each one had a specific job so they weren’t overworked. They were all knowledgeable and well trained and kind.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Ku was incredible! He didn’t rush us, gave us all the facts honestly but with kindness, he really was the best. He even gave me his personal cell for emergencies. Who does that anymore?! We were so thankful we went to him for a second opinion.
Schedule a consult with him then make your decision. You won’t be disappointed!
Dr Ku altered my protocol based on my last two unsuccessful rounds at my previous clinic. He gave me different meds, a higher dose and retrieved them later than my old Doctor. I didn’t have more follicles but I had the best embryo I’d ever had which resulted in my daughter.
Approximately $15,000
He let you choose.
Frisco
Dr Ku [of Dallas IVF] was the most compassionate dr me and my husband have been to, he was very concerned with us and very helpful with any questions we had. He was very proactive in our treatment and we cannot say enough good about him, we cannot wait to start our next treatment with him Dr. Ku was amazing, always makes you feel like you are the only person! He was extremely proactive and pin pointed my issues very quickly and got things done!
I loved everything about the clinic, everyone that works there is so kind and makes you feel important. They are always very prompt at getting you in quickly, the nurses i had experience with were above and beyond!
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr ku was the most compassionate dr me and my husband have been to, he was very concerned with us and very helpful with any questions we had. He was very proactive in our treatment and we cannot say enough good about him, we cannot wait to start our next treatment with him Dr. Ku was amazing, always makes you feel like you are the only person! He was extremely proactive and pin pointed my issues very quickly and got things done!
We did clomid, IUI, and a trigger shot and we got a positive pregnancy confirmation at our blood draw, sadly miscarried shortly after.
Frisco
We never waited more than a few minutes [at Dallas IVF- Frisco]. The clinic is very clean and modern looking. The woman at the front desk remembered us and greeted us kindly at every visit. When we called we were able to get on the phone with someone almost immediately as opposed to leaving messages or being left on hold for long periods of time. We always felt like a valued friend, not a patient.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
We never waited more than a few minutes. The clinic is very clean and modern looking. The woman at the front desk remembered us and greeted us kindly at every visit. When we called we were able to get on the phone with someone almost immediately as opposed to leaving messages or being left on hold for long periods of time. We always felt like a valued friend, not a patient.
Dr. Mucowski was very straightforward and professional. She always remembered us and engaged in some light banter at the beginning of appointments, but ultimately she was very to the point. We never doubted her intelligence or ability to help us conceive.
How was your experience with Sara Mucowski at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Mucowski was incredible. She made us aware of our specimen numbers after the first IUI (they were low and the clinic ultimately helped us get a refund from our cryobank) and guided us through our second IUI as well. We performed the second IUI on a Saturday when she was unavailable, so we had Dr. Havemann there with us and it was incredibly comfortable. Second time was a charm and our beautiful little girl is 6 months old!
2012 - 2016
Nurse [at Dallas IVF-Frisco] was great. Very professional. Entire staff is great. Stacy, the u/s tech is fantastic....The care from Dr. Ku and his whole staff was personal, compassionate, and kind. Always recognized by name and doc and nurses knew my case when they came to talk with me for any appointment. Never had to check the chart half way through a visit. Dr. Ku is the most compassionate doctor I've seen for anything.
2012 - 2016
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Charlie)
Nurse was great. Very professional. Entire staff is great. Stacy, the u/s tech is fantastic.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Ku is fantastic. Well educated in current technology, compassionate, and a great communicator. He gave me his cell number to call or text if I ever had a question or need after hours. He is fiercely dedicated to his patients.
1st round IVF - bcp, lupron, follistim, trigger, retrieval, ICSI, fresh transfer of 2 day 5 embryos. Resulted in my daughter. 2nd round - follistim, menopur, lupron, trigger, retrieval, ICSI, fresh transfer of 1 day 5 embryo with 1 to freeze. Chemical pregnancy. Frozen transfer 2 months later resulted in my son.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF.
$3500 - retrieval, $3000 - transfer plus $500 - anesthesia and $3500-5000 for meds
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Overall ok... but they [Dallas IVF] were more expensive than other clinics in the area and I was less than impressed. A part of me feels like we were not a priority bc we stated from the beginning that we could not affect red to do multiple cycles... which I feel should have had the opposit affect. They were always extremely busy... and they absolutely should have separate waiting areas for those that are having to go in and take repeated blood test to confirm a lost pregnancy
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Overall ok... but they were more expensive than other clinics in the area and I was less than impressed. A part of me feels like we were not a priority bc we stated from the beginning that we could not affect red to do multiple cycles... which I feel should have had the opposit affect. They were always extremely busy... and they absolutely should have separate waiting areas for those that are having to go in and take repeated blood test to confirm a lost pregnancy
She was caring
Very knowledgeable but could have been more understanding when I had to go back for blood test for 4 weeks in a row to keep calm ngirming a miscarriage which was so very hard
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
I feel like we did not get a realist C expectation and full analysis of what could have been done differently... I feel like even she was surprised by our results but offeremed minimum explanations or resolutions... especially bc we were very clear that we only had 1 shot at IVF
Expect to be oversold on Expectations... but she is very nice
IVF with freezing multiple embryos. On at least 3 different injections plus oral and suppository meds. Only 2 embryos made it to implantation
$27,000+
McKinney
I honestly haven't experienced any weaknesses [at Dallas IVF-Frisco], everyone is so nice and willing to help every step of the way. Clean, professional office. The only issue I had once is that the Frisco office where I normally go was undergoing renovations and no one called to tell me that I would need to go to the McKinney office for my appointment.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
I honestly haven't experienced any weaknesses, everyone is so nice and willing to help every step of the way. Clean, professional office. The only issue I had once is that the Frisco office where I normally go was undergoing renovations and no one called to tell me that I would need to go to the McKinney office for my appointment.
Really seems to care, easy to contact after hours
Mary is amazing, always going out of her way to answer questions of all kind.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Very compassionate, I like that he’s also been through IVF and is open about sharing that. Very well organized and good about calling me himself to follow up on any setbacks. Everyone I’ve encountered with this office is great.
No advice but I would highly recommend
So far, I've paid about $9k, will be another $3700 for transfer fee
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Most of them [nurses at Dallas IVF] are amazing but of course as with any practice there are a few who don’t make your feel as comfortable...Iui was about 1500 per cycle IVF was 14000...they [front desk] don’t make your feel very welcomed at times...My husband says that their “sperm retrieval” area is awkward and need an update...I never felt rushed, my questions were always answered, and he [Dr. Lowell Ku] personally called m
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Their front desk personal defiantly needs to be replaced they don’t make your feel very welcomed at times. It’s okay to be confused if you don’t know where the surgery center is. Everyone doesn’t at first. My husband says that their “sperm retrieval” area is awkward and need an update.
I never felt rushed, my questions were always answered, and he personally called me.
Most of them are amazing but of course as with any practice there are a few who don’t make your feel as comfortable
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Dr Ku honestly is th most patient, kind, understanding doctor. He has personally undergone IVF with his wife twice so he understand it from another perspective. He always was honest with me about what was needed, treatment, and why he thought things would or wouldn’t work.
Never be afraid to ask questions or feel like your taking up too much of his time.
Iui was about 1500 per cycle IVF was 14000
Dr Ku prefers to do single embryo transfer due to the health risks of transferring multiples.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
The nursing staff at Dallas IVF is outstanding. They are knowledgeable, efficient, compassionate, and really take the time to get to know you on a more personable level. They walk you through every step of the way...Good communication, organized, nurses provide good emotional support but would be nice if they provided additional resources for support...
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
good communication, organized, nurses provide good emotional support but would be nice if they provided additional resources for support.
The staff took the time to get to know me and develop a relationship.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
My experience with Dr. Ku was stellar. He always made me feel comfortable, he is very genuine, explained everything to my level of understanding, and gave me success with 1 round of IVF. I was very sad when I "graduated" from his office and had to go to my OB's office. I will forever be grateful for Dr. Ku
be open-minded and never give up!
long Lupron protocol = successful IVF cycle
$10,000 give or take a little for 1 IVF cycle not including medications
2012 - 2018
ALL of the doctors and staff I have interacted with at this clinic [Dallas IVF] have been great. Compassionate and professional....They are friendly, well organized and get you in and out. You’re going to be going there a lot for checks, blood work, etc-so those are pretty important things. ALL of the doctors and staff I have interacted with at this clinic have been great. Compassionate and professional....[Nursing Staff] Extremely friendly and personable.
2012 - 2018
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Dr Barnett is personable. He knows about my family plans and wants to get me the results I seek.
Extremely friendly and personable.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Dr Barnett’s goal is to have you have a positive successful pregnancy. He explains his course of action, answers any questions and he is professional and courteous. He is methodical and provides timelines for the action plan. He is awesome.
Same thing I’d tell anyone anywhere: Listen and ask questions.
Preference for eset. I do not know how strongly he feels about this as I have only wanted to do eset, so it was never a conversation.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Great atmosphere. I never waited long. They [Dallas IVF] were friendly. I almost felt like part of the family. They called me by my nickname and each time rooted for me and wished me well. The clinic is beautiful and clean.... Very kind and patient!...The cost were expensive and insurance covered hardly anything at all.... She [Dr. Havemann] ran several tests to give us a comprehensive view of underlying causes.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Great atmosphere. I never waited long. They were friendly. I almost felt like part of the family. They called me by my nickname and each time rooted for me and wished me well. The clinic is beautiful and clean.
She was patient and kind.
Very kind and patient!
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
She was kind and explained next steps. She has experienced infertility as well so she was able to relate to my struggles. She ran several tests to give us a comprehensive view of underlying causes. She understood my frustrations as a woman and was warm on days that I began to cry from exhaustive efforts.
Have LOTS of money because infertility is an EXPENSIVE journey!
Injectibles and clomid for both IUI cycles.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF.
The cost were expensive and insurance covered hardly anything at all.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Dallas IVF- McKinney] was clean, safe, professionally managed and calm. The staff were helpful and friendly and put us at ease from the moment we arrived. We felt like they were cheering us on throughout the whole process and always willing to answer any questions we had. We enjoyed our visit.... Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic was clean, safe, professionally managed and calm. The staff were helpful and friendly and put us at ease from the moment we arrived. We felt like they were cheering us on throughout the whole process and always willing to answer any questions we had. We enjoyed our visit.
She was personable and friendly.
Everyone was extremely friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Dara Havemann at Dallas IVF?
Dr. Havemann met us in the waiting room and was friendly and kind from the moment we met her. We enjoyed the visit and the information she shared with us. She was professional, thourough and compassionate during procedures.
Definitely see her. If we had to go through the process again, we would choose Dr. Havemann again.
Their approach is to transfer a single embryo because it is safest for mother and baby.
Other, Unexplained
Very nice clinic. Clean and well cared for....They [Dallas IVF] spent time with us really explaining everything....He [Dr. Ku] was very caring. He took the time to get to know us and what we were wanting. He listened to our concerns and addresses them accordingly. He was always available and took time to call and check on us during the cycles....Over 9k. Each time. Insurance only covered ultrasounds and blood work... I took clomid as well as did shots.
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Very nice clinic. Clean and well cared for.
They spent time with us really explaining everything.
Very sweet
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
He was very caring. He took the time to get to know us and what we were wanting. He listened to our concerns and addresses them accordingly. He was always available and took time to call and check on us during the cycles.
Be completely open.
I took clomid as well as did shots. I had to take multiple rounds of shots to get the desired size of eggs.
Over 9k. Each time. Insurance only covered ultrasounds and blood work
Na
Frisco
The staff was great and was the reason we chose DallasIVF over some other clinics that we interviewed...we enjoyed Dr Ku and he was very personable and accepting and willing to work with us on what we wanted to do. He was upfront with risks and we got the result we wanted which was a successful multiples pregnancy...Dr Ku is a believer of retrieving eggs and then giving your body a break by freezing the embryos and doing the transfer later. I thought this was great as it allowed the body to heal.
How was your experience with Lowell Ku at Dallas IVF?
Start early with the process and don't wait to go. The sooner the better
Based on the quality of the eggs the first time we just did a single embryo transfer to reduce the risk of multiples. After that failed he was open to doing multiple eggs which is what we had hoped for.
32 Eggs Frozen
I saw Dr. Mucowski for almost every visit, including all of my sonograms. She always gave me an updated "to do" list so it was easy to know what steps were next. I felt very comfortable in her care....Both [nusrse] Heather and Katryce were excellent. They always made sure I had my next appointment booked and were very flexible with my schedule. Also, they were great at drawing my blood - I didn't even feel it!...The clinic is very organized and personable.
32 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
The clinic is very organized and personable.
I saw my doctor for almost every visit
Describe your experience with your nurse at Dallas IVF. (Assigned nurse: Heather and Katryce)
Both Heather and Katryce were excellent. They always made sure I had my next appointment booked and were very flexible with my schedule. Also, they were great at drawing my blood - I didn't even feel it!
Plano
[Dallas IVF - McKinney is] Very warming and welcoming. Beautiful office... [Nurses] Joan and Angela have been amazing. The medication teaching they provided was excellent. Plus when I had doubts or concerns they took the time to listen and give me honest feedback...
Describe your experience with Dallas IVF.
Very warming and welcoming. Beautiful office.
She was very informative oand detailed on the whole process and was truthful about my odds for my age.
Still in progress with my IVF. When this cycle is done I will provide details.
Around 19,000-20,000
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
Staff [at Dallas IVF] was professional and organized...Very quite. All dressed the same, organized....Lots of clients, office is clean and new. Looks like a dentist office. Not much in personalized comforts.
5 IUI, 3 IVF, Egg Freezing
Staff was professional and organized. Lots of clients, office is clean and new. Looks like a dentist office. Not much in personalized comforts.
Very quite. All dressed the same, organized.
How was your experience with Brian Barnett at Dallas IVF?
Direct personality, focused on getting you through a cycle only goal is results. Not extremely friendly, very business like and cost discussed 1st visit.
Make up questions prior to going and ask them. Directly ask about procedures and timelines.