Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
2640 Patriot Blvd
Glenview, IL 60026
847-972-0300
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists to a friend?
6.8
1 doctor
I love that it is a small clinic so you do not feel like a number. They make you feel important and there are times you forget they have a bunch of other patients. I think their biggest weakness wold be they recently took on a lot more patients and wait times can be insane, sometimes over an hour. They really need to hire another ultrasound tech because having only one during the IVF cycle time does not allow a quick visit. There were times I was waiting up to an hour. In my experience they are a great group of women to work with that make you feel comfortable, but because it has been several years with no live birth and no real explanation, I can not possibly say I am satisfied with them at this point.
Describe your experience with Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Davies at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists?
Davies staff is small, the more you are at their office the more like family they become. It is probably to a fault because it is one of the only reasons we have stayed so long. They are extremely friendly, one of the nicest group of people I have met and they make you feel like you are their only patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Aanal)
Aanal is very caring and honest. Occasionally she will put her personal opinions on treatment that are different from the doctor's treatment plan and can be confusing. But for the most part she is very caring and communicated everything effectively.
What specific things went wrong at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists?
How was your experience with Susan Davies at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists?
Dr. Davies is a very caring, nice person. My biggest issue is the amount of times I would see her. The only time I would see her is if I scheduled a consultation or the day of my egg retrieval or embryo transfer. I rarely saw her in the office unless it was previously scheduled. In times of heartache and pain, occasionally she would call but for the most part she lets her staff handle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Davies at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists?
Ask questions, she is the most patient doctor who will answer any and every question. Demand changes to protocol if it isn't working out.
Describe the protocols Susan Davies used in your cycles at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists and their degree of success.
I do not completely remember, I would need my patient records. Gonal F was used for egg retrievals. Because I responded so well, the doses were low. For embryo transfer I did 6 pills of estrace a day along with 2mL progesterone in oil shots a week leading up to the transfer and continuing after. I also was on baby aspirin and prenatal vitamins. I was diagnosed with a certain mthfr mutation that she stated causes blood clots but refused to do blood thinner because it has not been proven to be successful. In all my results have been 2 chemical pregnancies and 2 miscarriages. My wife also went to her and has had similar protocols and results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Davies at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
Im not sure as insurance covered most of it. Their office manager is very good about breaking down costs and benefits with you.
Describe Susan Davies's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
Our doctor preferred to only transfer 1 embryo but after some push back she agreed to do 2..
Glenview
The nurses and physician assistant were very compassionate and helped make us feel comfortable. We had so much communication with them. The practice [Davies Fert and IVF Spec] is so small that they knew you by name and they felt like family....Dr. Davies and her staff were very compassionate....This clinics strength is the compassion from the nurses and doctor....She had sceheduled my medications around her clinics schedule instead of my body’s cycles
Describe your experience with Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
This clinics strength is the compassion from the nurses and doctor. Their weakness however is the low success rates which in my opinion is the most important thing during this process because above all that is the reason you are there.
Dr. Davies and her staff were very compassionate.
The nurses and physician assistant were very compassionate and helped make us feel comfortable. We had so much communication with them. The practice is so small that they knew you by name and they felt like family.
Dr. Davies meant well. She was compassionate and explained the process thoroughly; however, when we were not successful achieve pregnancy transfer after transfer she blamed statistics. After five embryos (3 transfers), you would expect that you would be pregnant if it were statistics. If we were going to go through another round of stimulation with her she wanted to use the same protocol with the addition of testing my lining prior to stimulation as well as genetic testing on the embryos. After each failed transfer she asked us what we were thinking we should do next which seemed strange. She also said she had ideas which were the same each time. I do know two people who were successful with her however, I still wouldn’t recommend her to friends. When you look at her pluisbed statistics online they are not very good compared to other clinics.
Go onto the online data base where you can see percentages of successful transfers, births, etc for each doctor. It was enlightening for us and ultimately why we switch ed doctors. Her numbers were not published when we started seeing her because her clinic was new.
I do not remember. However, I was on birth control and she had sceheduled my medications around her clinics schedule instead of my body’s cycles
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
I was pretty upset when my first FET protocol didn't work and we had to cancel everything before even getting to transfer [at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists]. They said "well, that happens sometimes. Bad cycle" and just wanted to wait and try again. I called to speak to the Dr, whom I hadn't interacted with since the retrieval weeks prior,...if I didn't ask for a consult and demand tests to see why it didn't work I would have wasted more time with another FET protocol.
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
All female office, which is very warm and welcoming. They really worked with my schedule as a single parent and made appointments easy. Shannon in the billing department was super helpful and Georgette at the front desk was always nice. Jennifer, the nurse/PA, is excellent. Erica was a bit rough around the edges; I can tell if she likes you she treats you like gold but you don't want to be on her sh!t list.
They knew my name, know my son and his name, and as we got farther into the process they remembered my story and what I was trying to accomplish. I did have to ask A LOT of questions about why I was taking certain drugs or doing it in a certain way, because they often would just give me the protocol with no explanation about it, which was frustrating. But overall they worked with me as a human.
Aanal was great, but direct and dry and did not explain why on each med. She also never answered my emails to her but was great with calls. And when I got emotional once she did hug me which was reassuring. I felt badly for her because I would get frustrated I was only speaking to her and not Dr Davies. Update: after my failed transfer Aanal was very compassionate and spent a lot of time with me figuring out next steps. I really appreciated that.
What specific things went wrong at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists?
I wanted more interaction with Dr. Davies herself. I would go weeks without hearing from her and had to demand to see her when my transfer protocol failed to figure out what happened and see if anything could be done in order to get me ready for an actual transfer. Every time I did speak with Dr. Davies I felt better, but definitely thought I would have a lot more interaction with her along the way. She doesn't even have a voicemail box, which is surprising and disappointing.
Be your own advocate and ask the questions you need to know.
STIMS for 10 days: Days 1-5 were 400 Follistism/Gonal-F and 150 Menopur, Day 6 added 250 Ganirelix through Day 10. GEEP/FET: 10 Lupron until Day 1 start, then 5 Lupron at night and 1 estrace tablet; Day 6 was 2 estrace tablets and 5 Lupron; Day 10 started 3 estrace in morning and 3 at night and 1 Medrol per day until Day 15, then added 1 estrogen patch and PIO at night until Day 16 with PIO morning and night and only 4 estrace tablets. In that process now and Transfer is scheduled for Day 20.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists.
I am not an early morning person so I would go in later and never had an issue. They were always so wonderful when I had to bring my son in as well, and really worked with my schedule. They are very easy and fantastic in this department.
They were wonderful and knew exactly how to work with my insurance and the pharmacy. They even learned of a change in my insurance and got me a retroactive payment from my insurance for a large sum of money.
I only have one PGS tested normal embryo so will be transferring that one. Not sure what her approach is beyond that.
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
She [Dr Susan Davies] looked through my records and she said too many things were done wrong with me. She said first they induced my egg donor too much. I had 32 eggs when she should of had around 14 eggs. That means I was being implanted with too many bad eggs.The eggs should of been genetically tested to get rid of the bad eggs. Then she said my blood wasn't clotting to the embryo. She said all my pregnancies before were chemically pregnancies. She listens and solved my problem BEST PLACE!
2 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Located in the Glen in Glenview . Very clean
I never felt rushed with her. She knew what my problem was right away. I saw two other doctors who never knew what my problem was. She was kind and honest. she promised me my dream will come true to have my little Molly, I always wanted.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Davies Fertility & IVF Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Annal)
Very warm and welcoming
Finally , I found my Doctor who saved me! My gyno recomended Dr. Davies. I had a meeting with her. I liked the fact she only has one office so I don't have to run to other offices. Plus she is in private practice. We had a long meeting when I met her . I asked her straight out Will I be able to have a baby. She said yes you will. She looked through my records and she said too many things were done wrong with me. She said first they induced my egg donor too much. I had 32 eggs when she should of had around 14 eggs. That means I was being implanted with too many bad eggs.The eggs should of been genetically tested to get rid of the bad eggs. Then she said my blood wasn't clotting to the embryo. She said all my pregnancies before were chemically pregnancies. She listens and solved my problem BEST PLACE!
Shows empathy and kind
Told me to have my eggs genetic tested to get rid of bad eggs
Most covered by insurance