Genetic counseling: Offered
302-424-6645
4745 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
302.738.4600
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

1 doctor
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The entire staff [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] , including the nurse practitioner Lauren was amazing. Angie (the ivf coordinator) I struggled with for a really long time. Her tone and approach is very direct and is unorganized at times. That said, over time I’ve learned that her tone is not intentional and that you just need to be patient with her. Danielle who has recently started helping with IVF is great! Everyone else is SO kind, I’d go to this office just for them.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office definitely has a ton of customers and are always busy. That said, our state only has two clinics. I’d assume every location is busy like this. I really like their online portal message ability. I wish there were some updates, such as the ability to reply to messages or upload documents. Note, I use my phone to access the website versus a computer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
This is my second review, I asked for the first one to be removed as I felt it wasn’t a true representation on my full journey with the office. The office does a GREAT job greeting you, remembering what you have going on medically and personally, greets you with a smile. Definitely feel like everyone has made an effort to get to know me and my husband.
The entire staff, including the nurse practitioner Lauren was amazing. Angie (the ivf coordinator) I struggled with for a really long time. Her tone and approach is very direct and is unorganized at times. That said, over time I’ve learned that her tone is not intentional and that you just need to be patient with her. Danielle who has recently started helping with IVF is great! Everyone else is SO kind, I’d go to this office just for them.
What specific things went wrong at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Russell is very educated. He isnt at every appointment, especially with the IUIs, but has been at a lot of my appointments for IVF. On my first round of ivf we took a very general approach and was under the impression that we’d get a lot of eggs. Unfortunately at that point we learned that I had concerns with my AMH (unsure of why this was unknown prior) and also learned that I had low quality eggs (this wouldn’t have been known previously.) the second time around Dr. Russell was direct that it was going to be harder, but that he was going to make adjustments and stayed optimistic. I definitely felt like he would answer any questions I had. I would suggest doing your own research and coming with questions, just to have them best conversations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Come prepared with your own questions, don’t expect him to be at every appointment, but still trust that he is looped into every conversation. This is not something I originally understood, but he does look at any makes final decisions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office did appointments from 7:30-11:45. This has always been convenient for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
For iui’s and first round of IVF, my coverage was 50% until I met my out of pocket and deductible. Medication and PGS not included. The second time for IVF my coverage changed and only had to pay deductible. out of pocket, and PGS
Describe Jeffrey Russell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
During my first round of ivf (before we knew more) Dr. Russell advised with my age he wouldn’t suggest transferring more than one. That said, the second time around we plan to transfer two. This is due to the PGS testing outcome and quality of eggs.
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

2014 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Payments are always due at the time of appointment [DE Inst for Repro Med]. Patient portal isn’t the most user friendly but you can always find what you need with a little searching ... Easy to schedule appointments. Respectful. No matter how many times I called with questions, someone was always willing to take my call and assist me. ... We probably spent about 30,000 in the beginning betweennwork ups, IUI, mess and actual retrieval and transfer procedures the first time.
2014 - 2019
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Friendly. Easy to schedule appointments. Respectful. No matter how many times I called with questions, someone was always willing to take my call and assist me. Payments are always due at the time of appointment. Patient portal isn’t the most user friendly but you can always find what you need with a little searching
Dr Russell always takes the time to explain processes and he genuinely gets excited or upset depending on results
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
Linda was always smiling and very welcoming. Angie, the IVF coordinator was organized and efficient, and very knowledgeable about my personal plan.
Dr Russell is the type of physician that gets to the point but does so with compassion. He empathizes with my worries and concerns and takes the time to help me better understand my options. He’s willing to make changes and truly listens to his patients
if You are looking for someone who is a pioneer to reproductive technology, he’s your guy. He doesn’t necessarily hold your hand throughout the process but he makes certain you understand, and definitely shares in successes and helps navigate through unsuccessful plans. He’s smart.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Russell used in your cycles at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We tried IUI with clinic first and I didn’t respond. We then moved to another oral drug and tried again. I did respond but never got pregnant. He suggested IVF. I don’t remember which meds we used. We consented to PGS screening and successfully became pregnant with a Songle embryo frozen transfer. When we were ready to to try again, we used similar protocol but without injection progesterone. Pregnancy was unsuccessful. I had a chemical pregnancy after third transfer. Two natural chemical pregnancies before the third transfer and one natural chemical before the second. Dr Russell has been compassionate through it all and is actively working to develop a plan that will help us be successful before we transfer our last embryo. Two of the six that made it to Day 5 were chromosomally abnormal
We probably spent about 30,000 in the beginning betweennwork ups, IUI, mess and actual retrieval and transfer procedures the first time. Every dime spent was worth the little girl i get to hi each morning and kiss goodnight. Frozen transfers have cost $2500 each. Meds for frozen transfers about $50 per month. and then copays for work ups prior to transfer are $40 each with an estimated 3 visits per month
Dr Russell always told me her preferred eSET unless there were xondernsbwith the embryo quality. We opted for eSET three times. Mostly because we weren’t looking forward to having multiples

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
The Milford office [DE Institute for Reproductive Medicine] runs very effectively, they are communicative and friendly . The plan is very straight forward and the amount of time , and energy that you must put in is no hidden secret . Blood work once to twice a week , ultrasounds , consults . I was very surprised that they did not notify me that although I had Cigna they did not cover any infertility treatments
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, PCOS
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The Milford office runs very effectively, they are communicative and friendly . The plan is very straight forward and the amount of time , and energy that you must put in is no hidden secret . Blood work once to twice a week , ultrasounds , consults . I was very surprised that they did not notify me that although I had Cigna they did not cover any infertility treatments . I admit that I should have contacted Cigna before the process started , but thought they may tell me as well .
Dr Russell took the time to explain what could be going on , how we were going to find out if any of those things were going on & how we were going to fix them . He found multiple issues and made sure all issues were treated or told us how they were going to be treated at proper time . I felt he didn’t miss a single thing , and took the time to make sure I was comfortable and ready for the next steps . He was relatable to myself and my husband which is very helpful in such a sensitive situation .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina )
Celina was so helpful and always just a phone call away . She has been doing this for a long time and it truly shows . She loves her job and loves educating others on how to take care for them selves . She always called me back & covered al concerns and answered all of our questions ... more than once . Lauren , Janet and others are always so sweet , kind , understanding , and informative . They are to the point and never hide anything. If there is ever a question they immediately call or contact Dr Russell in and always scheduled my appointments on Wednesday so dr Russell was there . If he wasn’t there , I was notified and moved to another day or would travel to Christiana . My appointments where always held on time and very quickly but if I had questions we were never rushed .
As I mentioned before from the day of our first consult to after all of the tests were given . He explained everything throughly . And to full potential . Answered all of our questions as a couple ; and ensured we felt comfortable , secure and ready for the next steps . He was upbeat , motivating , and made a sensitive situation not so scary . It wasn’t where we had been , it’s where we were going . He promised he would helped us and he has changed our lives .
Nothing .
After our first meeting . They quickly scheduled and ordered a full lab panel , and multiple different tests to check all possible issues . There was seven things that could of been going on with my reoccurring loss and he covered every single one of them with a test . These tests were scheduled quickly and he was present at each one . After finding PCOS , ANA antibody , an infection . We took meds for the infection . Started cycle, took clomid , hcg shot injection , confirmed ovulation . Once ovulation confirmed I was placed on progesterone & baby aspirin . Once pregnancy was confirmed a steroid was prescribed . I receive ultrasounds once a week before that it was blood work . When my hcg wasn’t rising as high as they like they saw me three times that week to ensure I was not having an etopic pregnancy . So on top of everything I could not ask for better care and handeling .
Every blood test / consult was over 650 dollars at once a week . Blood work was over 4000 dollars . Multiple other tests done in house cost in the hundreds.

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Only very small downside would be is that they [DE Inst for Repro Med] are not open on weekends which could be difficult. They also pretty much only book morning appointments because I believe, the afternoon is used to call patients with results and such. ... They will get you in and out in a very timely matter. You’ll very rarely be waiting long to be seen. ... Best nursing staff I’ve experienced! Everyone is so nice and shows compassion as we go through this difficult process.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They will get you in and out in a very timely matter. You’ll very rarely be waiting long to be seen. Only very small downside would be is that they are not open on weekends which could be difficult. They also pretty much only book morning appointments because I believe, the afternoon is used to call patients with results and such.
Dr. Russell’s staff is second to none! They make you feel great from the time you walk in the door and listen to any and every question you have!
Dr. Russell found my problems quicker than my last. He listened to me and even went with my suggestions (this is not my first rodeo). When he found out my tubes wetr blocked, he immediately wanted to jump to IVF. I suggested a lap to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled about that decision but I knew what I wanted. He agreed to do it and was able to open both tubes! I really am unsure why he wanted to jump to IVF and not try a lap but I am very happy he took my suggestion and performed the successful surgery.
I would tell any infertility patient to do your research. Correcting infertility can take some time but it can be done. You need to participate at appointments and know your stuff.
We started with a diagnostic cycle; to try and figure out my problem(s). He found out that my tubes were blocked and we thought that I did not ovulate (we later found out that I ovulate LATE). He wanted to do IVF because of my tubes but I suggested a lap to try to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled with my suggestion but agreed to do it! I am so glad he did because he was able to flush both tubes and open them. The surgery went very quickly. I am only on my second cycle since surgery. The first one, I did not get pregnant. Not sure about my current cycle but overall, Dr. Russell is a great doctor!

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I feel the finances needs more help because she takes sometimes awhile to get back with you. ... There’s plenty of great nurses there [DE Inst for Repro Med]. I only had 2 issues the 2 years I have been there. It must have been a bad day both times. ... The newest cycle will be 25,000 plus insurance copays each visit, through the last 2 years I have put an additional 5000 or more out if you include freezing , medication co pays, doctor copays, anesthesiologists co pay, storage fee.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
There’s plenty of great nurses there. I only had 2 issues the 2 years I have been there. It must have been a bad day both times. I feel the finances needs more help because she takes sometimes awhile to get back with you.
Sometimes I felt rushed when I had my consultations each time. Once my husband took off from work for a meeting we had previously set up and when we get there nobody new what was going on.
The nursing staff have always been compassionate and helpful.
I like that Dr. Russell is blunt and tells you like it is. I feel sometimes though he is to busy for me. I’ve been going for 2 years with no results. His reviews are great and because of work his office in Milford is most financially beneficial for me.
Don’t take to heart that he appears not compassionate he is blunt that’s his personality but I like it
At first he always said to use donor eggs from the beginning because of my egg quality and my husband low sperm count and the fact we could not afford genetic testing. First retrieval no eggs survived so no transfer before second retrieval he adjusted my medication and I had to go through a mock cycle when second retrieval came around I got 1 egg survived after the 5 day and we transferred that with no success. Then my job switched insurance and infertility is no longer covered. So we are now going to take a loan out and attempt using donor eggs.
For the most part it was convenient. Some appointments were out of there control because it had to be timed just right
The newest cycle will be 25,000 plus insurance copays each visit, through the last 2 years I have put an additional 5000 or more out if you include freezing , medication co pays, doctor copays, anesthesiologists co pay, storage fee. It gets me stressed even thinking about it with still no result
I would like to use multiple embryo transfers but dr. Russell prefers just single because of the risks
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Sometimes the wait was a little long. But I feel it all went smoothly in the long run. I would tell a new patient to allow themselves a little bit more time as it can get a little backed up. But most of the time you are in and out. ... The entire staff [DE Inst for Repro Med] was a pleasure to be around. When I miscarried the amount of support and compassion the ladies showed me was overwhelming. They went above and beyond my expectations.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The entire staff took the time to get to know you. After a few visits they knew you by name. Dr. Russell was the same way - he knew who you were and wanted to help you
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Rainey)
There are many people that make his practice flow efficiently. The entire staff was a pleasure to be around. When I miscarried the amount of support and compassion the ladies showed me was overwhelming. They went above and beyond my expectations.
Dr. Russell main goal is to get you pregnant. He takes great care of you and listens and answers to every question and concern. If i didn't understand something he broke it down. He took time with me and didnt rush me out of the room.
Just that he is a really good doctor.
During the retrieval process nothing was changed because everything was going well The first frozen transfer we transferred only 1 - however, that resulted in no pregnancy. The second transfer we transferred 2 and that resulted in a pregnancy. However, I lost the baby at 9 weeks. Dr. Russell made me get blood work done to find out why and we found that my body attacked the fetus. When we did our last transfer with our last 2 embryos - we had a new protocol - if that resulted in pregnancy then we were to start Heparin. It didnt get to that point.
All together I spent nearly $13,000 out of pocket for the retrieval and medications - not to mention the extra $3000 for subsequent cycles.
He discussed both options thoroughly with us. However, he knew at the end of the day it was ultimately our decision and with the amount of time we have tried he was willing to transfer how many we wanted.

2012 - 2018
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Everyone [DE Inst for Repro Med] is kind, caring, and compassionate, from the nurses, to the doctors, to the receptionists and billing directors. They clearly all work as a team, and they are very good about communication. ... [Nursing staff] Always so warm, welcoming, and kind ... [Cost of treatment] Copays through insurance, Frozen embryo storage, pre-genetic screening
2012 - 2018
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is kind, caring, and compassionate, from the nurses, to the doctors, to the receptionists and billing directors. They clearly all work as a team, and they are very good about communication. I have no weaknesses to report.
I consulted with Dr. Russell on many occasions about our plan, and it was obvious that the plan was tailored to my needs/results. He was caring, especially when I was going through emotional struggles.
Always so warm, welcoming, and kind
He treats each patient as an individual and makes sure the treatment plan fits the patient. He adjusts the plan as results come in, which is wonderful. He called me on his personal line to make sure I knew necessary steps and information, which shows that he cares about each patient. He also always exuded confidence, yet he was always honest and upfront. I felt that if our plan didn’t work, which it sometimes didn’t, he had another idea to try.
Take things one step at a time. I didn’t always know possible outcomes because so many different things could happen. Cross each bridge as you come to it.
When I first went to Dr. Russell, I only ended up with two embryos after egg retrieval; both were implanted, but neither stuck. At that point, I went on a high protein/whole grain only diet to improve egg quality ... I ended up with 7 embryos. On my next implant, two of those embryos were implanted, and one took, which resulted in a healthy baby. When I came back to Dr. Russell 4 years later, he followed the same protocol that was used in my first successful pregnancy. Neither implant was successful, so I ended up doing 4 mock trials, with adjustment to medication each time. In the last mock trial, I was on very little medication (Letrizole, but no progesterone or estrace), which proved the best results. I followed that mock trial with an implant cycle, and I became pregnant (I am currently 27 weeks pregnant).
Copays through insurance, Frozen embryo storage, pre-genetic screening

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
The nursing staff at DIRM listen to my husband and myself. They connect with Dr Russell if we have questions that they can’t answer about our care (even if he is away on vacation or out of the office). During our two losses, they were very compassionate....I don’t have any weaknesses to give! We truly believe that they want us to have our rainbow baby and that they work very hard to offer us the individual treatment plans based on our needs.... Dr Russell also tests for things like Natural Killer Cells and auto immune issues that other facilities don’t always believe in,
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, PCOS
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t have any weaknesses to give! We truly believe that they want us to have our rainbow baby and that they work very hard to offer us the individual treatment plans based on our needs. At other offices in our area, we felt like our treatment was very “cookie cutter,” and all treatments were exactly the same as the next persons. Dr Russell also tests for things like Natural Killer Cells and auto immune issues that other facilities don’t always believe in, or test for. Having four losses, Dr Russell takes our care very seriously.
Dr Russell has always been very upfront and honest with my husband and myself. We believe that he truly cares if these treatments are successful and that he will consistently attempt to “tweak” our treatments based on our individual needs until we get our rainbow baby.
Dr Russell has always been very upfront and honest with my husband and myself. He builds his treatment based out of your individual needs, where you don’t feel so, “cookie cutter.” If we ask questions he answers to the absolute best of his ability and we take comfort in his honesty with us.
Listen. Listen to what his recommendations for you are. If it’s diet and exercise, do it. Follow what he tells you, because he truly does want you to be successful and have the baby that you so badly want.
We have done multiple rounds of 150mg Clomid, multiple cycles of Clomid and Follistim combined with intercourse. For IVF, We did 300 Follistim and 50 of Hcg daily with Ganirelix towards the end closer to retrieval. Retrieved 14 eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 made it to blast and ended up with 1 normal male embryo. We transferred him and miscarried at 6.5 weeks following ultrasound which showed gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole. Unfortunately, we can not afford to have any additional rounds of ivf and have no embryos left.
Cloned cycles were mostly covered by insurance, ivf was around $7500 medications roughly $3k, PGS $3k.
Due to having only one normal, one was our only option. But had we had two healthy embryos through PGS, Dr Russell told us that he would strongly advise against placing more than one.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Lauren, Janet, and Siobhan [nurses at DIRM] were AMAZING! I could not have asked for a better group of ladies. Every visit I was welcomed with smiles and they were truly with me through every step. Once I lost the baby I could just tell that they felt the sadness too and they went above and beyond to comfort me. They are the best and I am forever grateful to them for their love and care!
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Honestly the only problem I had with DIRM was with Angie. She can be friendly sometimes, but very rude other times. I would call back later and talk with someone else to figure out what I needed to do because she was just rude. Otherwise, they are an excellent doctors office and I hope that I can return soon for another chance to become a Mom!
Dr. Russell and his team are amazing. Although I did end up miscarrying, they were always there to help and guide me along the journey and were so supportive with the miscarriage. We were all like family and when I felt loss, they felt it too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren, Janet, and Siobhan)
Lauren, Janet, and Siobhan were AMAZING! I could not have asked for a better group of ladies. Every visit I was welcomed with smiles and they were truly with me through every step. Once I lost the baby I could just tell that they felt the sadness too and they went above and beyond to comfort me. They are the best and I am forever grateful to them for their love and care!
Dr. Russell is amazing. Some may say he is blunt and to the point, but I would rather he be honest than sugarcoat things like some other doctors. He is very knowledgeable and treats you like a person, not just another number bringing in money. I would definitely recommend Dr. Russell and his team to anyone going through infertility.
If you feel like you do not understand something, ask! He is so knowledgable.
For both IVF cycles I did the same medications, just sometimes different dosages depending on how the follicles were responding. We also had to be careful due to having PCOS to not overstimulate. We used the Gonal F rediject pen and would alternate between 275/300/325, Follitism injections (I forget dosage), and a trigger shot. I was also on estrsce 2mg and a few others. For the embryo transfers - 1st one I was on progesterone suppositories, progesterone injections, estrace, and baby aspirin. Failed. The 2nd transfer I had a biopsy done and I had too much progesterone so we only used the Progesterone Injections, Estrace, and Aspirin.
My first cycle was covered by insurance except my deductible which was $4500. I had to pay about $300 each time I needed IVF medication. The 2nd cycle was only partially paid for so I had to pay $3000 for my frozen embryo transfer and out of pocket for all medications.
The first cycle he wanted to transfer just one (I only had one anyway) but said if it failed next time we could try 2 but it would not increase our chances of success. The second IVF we transferred 2 and were pregnant with a singleton until we miscarried at 10 weeks.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
[Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med-Milford is] Great for scheduling appointments and getting in quickly. Great communicating with the NP or medical assistants on the phone or through email. Billing is super easy. They’re up on the latest technology and protocols and have your best interests at heart.... Egg retrieval for one cycle was $9000. Meds were about $3600. Each transfer is $3000.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone in the office is very friendly and down-to-earth, treats you with compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie White)
She was their IVF coordinator. She gave good and clear instructions regarding the process, timing of medications, etc. the rest of the staff are medical assistants. They are all super friendly, compassionate, and treat you like family. They’re also very good at keeping you informed and explaining everything.
He is the best in the state. Up to date with the latest science and technologies. Has a calm and friendly approach. Tells you like it is without judgment or scorn. Helps you to understand everything including each step, the science behind it, and expectations.
You are in great hands. He’s the best in the area and knows what he’s doing. Make sure to do your research at home and have questions prepared.
We used an antagonist protocol - follistim, ganirelix, and microdose hcg, and then progesterone suppositories for retrieval. Our trigger was pregnyl. We got 10 eggs, all mature. 5 made it to blastocyst stage, 3 PGS tested normal. FET progesterone suppositories and IM injections, medrol, and an antibiotic. Resulted in positive pregnancy, but miscarried at 4.5 weeks. Diagnostics showed high NK cell count and endometritis.
We only wanted to transfer one, but he also recommended just one based on my age and good health, great embryo quality, and in case it didn’t work we could tweak it next transfer.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Overall the clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] seems overworked and understaffed. During my monitoring appointments on the weekend, every one looked tired and run down. They didn’t seem happy. The clinic does batch cycling. So everyone is stimulated at the same time. It’s such a stressful time of a woman’s life, the staff really needs to be mindful of how they appear to us.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall the clinic seems overworked and understaffed. During my monitoring appointments on the weekend, every one looked tired and run down. They didn’t seem happy. The clinic does batch cycling. So everyone is stimulated at the same time. It’s such a stressful time of a woman’s life, the staff really needs to be mindful of how they appear to us.
Dr. Russell is the only physician in the clinic which has 2 locations. My appointments were never on time as scheduled and he never seemed to read my chart before meeting with us. He is stretched way too thin for the volume of patients he sees. There’s no way for him to have a good grasp on every patients situation when he is the only one running the show.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina McHugh)
Celina is amazing and was the main reason that I stayed at the clinic for 2 cycles despite our poor outcomes. She is compassionate, and treats you as though you are the only patient there even if she has a waiting room full of people.
Dr. Russell is overtly confident. Which was great in the beginning because we needed hope. However as things failed over time, he had no real answers. There was a lot of false hope given with nothing left in the end. His main focus is on protein and how the diet will cure your eggs. I found this to be completely void of actual fact as I did everything he told me and still has no viable embryos. He is pompous and makes very brash statements. He doesn’t think before he speaks. I wish I had done more research before choosing his clinic.
Do your research. Check his SART scores and success rates. He will tell you what you want to hear but doesn’t produce results.
He uses follistim 300 and microdose HCG 50 pretty frequently. Then introduces ganarelix later.
PGS testing was $3,000 For up to 8 embryos. The transfer and retrieval were covered under insurance but we still had approx $6,000 in out of pocket costs including copays and deductible. The injections were so costly. We spent thousands of dollars on the medications.
He was willing to transfer more than one embryo - I think especially if they are not PGS tested so quality was unknown.
Newark

It [DE for Reproductive Medicine] is a small clinic so you always see the same familiar faces which is great. I've trusted any treatment that has been suggested. They communicate all details very well so you're never left wondering what your next steps will be and why.... The nursing staff is great and always there to listen to your fears and concerns. They go above and beyond to make you calm and comfortable. They were amazing for my egg retrieval when I just couldn't stop crying from nerves (and probably hormones too).
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is a small clinic so you always see the same familiar faces which is great. I've trusted any treatment that has been suggested. They communicate all details very well so you're never left wondering what your next steps will be and why.
The office is on the smaller side so you got to know everyone who worked there. You would see the same individuals at each appointment so they all get to know you and your story.
Dr Russell is very straight to the point, but provides all of the details and information necessary. I prefer this over someone who talks around in circles and just tells me what they think I'd want to hear. He's cautious but ready to move forward as long as you are.
He is extremely straight forward and prepared to hit the ground running as long as you are. After a year of trying on our own, I was happy to have a doctor like this. Minutes after our first meeting with him, I was getting blood drawn and an ultrasound (both things that I was on board with). He doesn't force any next steps on you.
We did 4 IUIs total. The first two I only used a trigger shot for timing. The next two we used clomid as well as the trigger shot. We moved onto IVF and my shots included menopur, gonal-F and cetrotide. He retrieved 25 eggs with 13 mature. They were concerned that I'd have Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and quickly put me on medication to avoid OHSS, which worked. We had 5 embryos to freeze and opted to do testing which resulted in only one normal embryo. Because we only have one embryo, Dr Russell is being cautious and I am currently in the process of a mock cycle for the transfer. I've been on estrace and will start progesterone shortly to confirm that the timing would be perfect for a transfer. I appreciate that he is doing everything possible to ensure that this embryo implants when we do the actual transfer.
I switched insurance plans through the process. Our IUIs were out of pocket with my previous insurance but IVF has been covered by my new insurance so far. We chose to do genetic screening that my insurance did not cover so that was out of pocket. I've never seen another doctor to compare prices of the IUIs but from talking to other women, the costs seems comparable.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
At this practice [DE Institute for Reproductive Medicine] you do everything in one place which makes it more convenient especially when you have to dedicate so much time traveling back and forth through the IVF process. The hours are flexible and the start at 7:30a which makes it easy to get back to work in a good timeframe. You never have to wait a long time, even with the number of patients that come in. They are super efficient. You even get your instructions via a phone voice mailbox and through the online patient portal. They make things super convenient and are always available for questions, which is important when you going through IVF.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
At this practice, you do everything in one place which makes it more convenient especially when you have to dedicate so much time traveling back and forth through the IVF process. The hours are flexible and the start at 7:30a which makes it easy to get back to work in a good timeframe. You never have to wait a long time, even with the number of patients that come in. They are super efficient. You even get your instructions via a phone voice mailbox and through the online patient portal. They make things super convenient and are always available for questions, which is important when you going through IVF.
Dr. Russell and his team show genuine empathy and a caring nature. I never felt like a number even with the number of patients that come to his practice. They always greeted me by name and have taken the time to get to know me.
The nursing staff have always been available to answer questions. They are also very knowledgeable. After my retrieval, Dr. Russell had to travel the next week for a conference. The Physician Assistant gave me her cell number to contact her with questions or concerns. I had to reach out to her on two different occasions over the weekend and she was very responsive. During one of my visits, I mentioned to one of the nurses that I wanted to find another GYN because of my lack of trust. She took time out to call me with names of GYN practices that specialize in handling advanced age pregnancies. She even shared with me her experience clearly understood why finding a provider that is knowledgeable and empathetic is important to me. The nursing staff always greets me and ask me how I'm feeling. Even the phlebotomist are super friendly. Everyone makes you feel super comfortable.
Prior to being treated by Dr. Russell, by GYN tried treating me with a course of fertility medication and over prescribed one of the medications, which led to distrust. He also did not explain scar tissue was a possibility after he removed my fibroids. The best thing he could have done is recommend me to Dr. Russell. Dr. Russell and his team have been nothing less than phenomenal! Dr. Russell is extremely knowledgeable and has been very dead on as my diagnosis and properly treating me. I have full confidence in him as he has restored my hope. Now we have two healthy embryos that are awaiting transfer. Instead of moving directly into the transfer, he is doing a mock cycle first to check my uterine lining to ensure it is prepared before implanting my embryo. Many doctors would not have taken the time to do this. He also strongly suggested genetics testing which I thankful we did as there were some abnormal eggs. We are taking the safe route of having one embryo implanted and will later implant the second after our first success pregnancy. I have a friend who went through 3 unsuccessful cycles of IVF with another local provider and is now with Dr. Russell and has raved about the notable difference including Dr. Russell and his team addressing proper nutrition. Dr. Russell has given us HOPE in process that has been very emotional, physical, and financially draining! We are confident that once the transfer occurs we will see are healthy baby in 9 months!!
Please be flexible with your schedule and patient in the process. All the steps that have to be taken can be overwhelming, but don't hesitate to communicate all of your concerns because the staff are always available to answer questions even after hours.
During the initial injections of hormones, I had to inject a total of 300mg of follistim twice daily. Initially my body did not respond, so he increased the dosage to 600mg and instantly my body responded. My body actually responded to well and I ended up going into hypo stimulation and then my medications were reduced and Dr. Russell moved me directly into egg retrieval to avoid any complications. After stopping the hormones before the retrieval, he was able to successful retrieve 53 eggs and I did not end up having any complications from the hypo stimulation. My ovaries healed with no problems.
I never had an issue getting an appointment. On the day of my monitoring visits, I was always seen in a reasonable timeframe. Things ran very smoothly and efficiently.
Total for IVF procedure including genetic testing $16,000 about $3000 for each IUI procedure (twice), about $4000 in medication cost.
Dr. Russell is a strong advocate for single embryo transfers because of the risk factors involved with multiple. He explained that years again, they did not have the technology that they have now, so they implanted multiple embryos. He explained that multiple embryo transfers can also increase the risk of premature birth. Based on his success rates and his years of experience and research here in the US and abroad, I am fully confident that the single embryo transfer is the best option, especially with all that we have already invested. Why take the additional risk when you don't have to...

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
It’s a small office [Delaware Inst for Repro Med] but the staff is amazing!! It’s almost like you become friends with everyone. They always address you by first name and ask how you’re doing. They take care of you like you’re family... My experience with monitoring appointments was made super easy. The bloodwork requested was always explained to me and everything that showed on my ultrasound was explained to me. No matter how many questions I had, Celina took the time to explain every little detail.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s a small office but the staff is amazing!! It’s almost like you become friends with everyone. They always address you by first name and ask how you’re doing. They take care of you like you’re family which is I think is necessary because of what you are going through. You don’t need staff that is distant and treats you like a number. We all have the same goal and everyone is doing everything in their power to make that happen
He’s very personable and understanding on how sensitive our situation is
Celina McHugh is heaven sent. The fact that she was gone through the same treatments, makes her so much more understanding compared to everyone else. She always responds to my texts when I’m freaking out about something. She explains that everything I’m going through is normal and not to worry.
He is always positive about how situation and takes everything one step at a time. He keeps me grounded and makes the new essay adjustments to my treatment. He explains things very well. His diagnostic work up is very comprehensive and during my work up discovered I have a pituitary adenoma
He’s awesome!
We first started the diagnostic work up for both my husband and myself. Discovered that my husband has male factor problems and he was started on vitamins and given examples of food to eat to help make the quality of his sperm better. After my work up, I was started on 2 medications that I will take until he says stop. Both medicines help with hormones issues caused by my tumor. He monitors everything very closely and makes the nescessary adjustments to my treatment so we can have the best outcomes possible.
My experience with monitoring appointments was made super easy. The bloodwork requested was always explained to me and everything that showed on my ultrasound was explained to me. No matter how many questions I had, Celina took the time to explain every little detail. She should seriously write a book to help women through this process. The amount of knowledge she has is amazing.
The IUI cost $2,500 not including medications. The first IVF cycle as of now is $12,00. We haven’t done the transfer yet and that is an additional $3,000 not including medications
My doctor only does single embryo transfers.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Russell and his team from day 1 has been extremely helpful with helping my husband and I through this infertility journey. They take the time to sit and talk with you. I highly recommend DIRM to anyone experiencing any type of infertility...Charlotte as well as the rest of Dr. Russell's team are so compassionate, informative, and willing to make your visit the best that it can possibly be. Charlotte is an amazing coordinator / person! We are very pleased we chose DIRM!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I can't honestly think of any weaknesses. The staff is very dedicated to their job and getting the patient what they want (a baby/babies). They're compassionate, understanding and willing to go that extra mile. There have been days where I wanted to give up on trying to conceive, but the staff has made me feel that this is possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Charlotte Lott )
Dr. Russell explained everything to us about our infertility journey, he helped us understand the positives and the negatives. There were times when I was disappointed when we received news that we weren't pregnant, after knowing my lab and lining numbers were looking good. I later realized that this journey is trial and error, I've learned to be positive through out this. I don't blame anyone, I just never realized how much of an emotional roller coaster ride this would be. Dr. Russell and his team are amazing, caring, knowledgeable people. They have really helped me through some difficult times, I can't say enough good things about them!! :-)
Be patient, think positive, have faith, ask questions. Know that you're not the only one going through this journey and there are support classes if needed.
The financial part of this process has been hard for me to swallow.
Dr. Russell transfered 1 embryo at a time. He informed that if I had multiple miscarriages, then he would consider multiple embryo transfers at once.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The office [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] has quick and convenient scheduling and the online portal is easy to use. Dr. Russell Is amazing. We have No complaints thus far, and are looking forward to completing our treatment with his clinic with the support of him and his amazing staff.... We are told the cost of or donor egg treatments will be $25,000. I also receive a discounted rate because of my employer.... Every one within the practice that we’ve had exposure to has been amazing. Dr. Russell definitely surrounds himself with a stellar team.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office has quick and convenient scheduling and the online portal is easy to use. Dr. Russell Is amazing. We have No complaints thus far, and are looking forward to completing our treatment with his clinic with the support of him and his amazing staff.
Dr. Russel was amazing when we met with him for a second opinion and treatment planning. He was blunt and direct in providing us information and provided us with our best options for conceptions and made my husband and I feel very confident about the treatment we would receive from him.
Loved Dr. Russell’s blunt delivery of information and the confidence he had in delivering info about our best options for conception and treatment moving forward. I appreciated his honesty and lack of sugar coated information about my diagnosis, test results, and treatment plan.
I wouldn’t have any advice to give other than he is definitely worth seeing. His approach and attitude are amazing.
Dr. Russell first advised that despite my diminished ovarian reserves, we could have great success using clomid, he also informed us given the low ovarian reserve numbers and probably quality of remaining eggs IVF using my own eggs wasn’t the best option for us as it likely wouldn’t yield us a child, but that he felt fairly confident with fertility drugs and clomid we would likely have success. However due to being a genetic carrier for fragile X we discussed that we would have to weigh potential risks versus benefits. He offered IVF using donor egg as an alternative giving the best results for us to have a child, which is ultimately the route we opted to go with.
No thoughts/comments yet as we haven’t started the transfer process yet.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Felt like as much of a human as possible [atDE Inst for Repro Med].....Easy to communicate with. Billing department is great. We understood how our money was being applied. Warm, friendly staff....We had a coinsurance and we were told of the exact amount and how it was calculated long before it was due....The staff is very comforting. The simplest things like holding my hand (while my husband held the other or during egg retrieval when he wasn’t in the room or the few appointments he couldn’t make) really helped me feel better.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Easy to communicate with. Billing department is great. We understood how our money was being applied. Warm, friendly staff. Doctor is in it to help patients have success. Happy to have found the practice.
Felt like as much of a human as possible. The staff is very comforting. The simplest things like holding my hand (while my husband held the other or during egg retrieval when he wasn’t in the room or the few appointments he couldn’t make) really helped me feel better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie)
Everyone is great.
Dr. Russell really cares. I had much better results when I switched to his care from another practice. Even being the only doctor at his practice, I believe I saw him at every one of my appointments. I didn’t see a doctor nearly as often at the practice I went to prior, even though the practice had multiple doctors. Dr. Russell even reached out to me on his cell phone after hours. At the practice I went to prior, I couldn’t even communicate directly with a doctor online.
Make an appointment with him if you haven’t already.
Used estrogen 2mg, 3x a day for about a month before starting stim meds. Added progesterone twice a day the last week or so of estrogen. Egg retrieval-clomid 50 twice a day for the first 5 days, 100 low dose hcg, and follistim twice a day. I forget the total but I think it was around 375? 400? Maybe up to 450? Added cetrotide a few days in. Lupron trigger. Resulted in 12 eggs, 11 mature. More than double the mature eggs retrieved at the practice I used prior to Dr. Russell’s.
We had insurance coverage. We had a coinsurance and we were told of the exact amount and how it was calculated long before it was due.
Haven’t transferred my embryos yet.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
clinic [Delaware Institute for Repro Med] was great, no complaints. You did not have to wait long once arrival for appointments. seating area was comfortable. upon arrival you were greeted which is important. The front staff was pleasant and also available to accommodate any changes or notes needed to take for work... staff was great, very sensitive to my mishap and also there for any and all questions that I had. Even after treatment they are still great communicators with questions that I have
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
clinic was great, no complaints. You did not have to wait long once arrival for appointments. seating area was comfortable. upon arrival you were greeted which is important. The front staff was pleasant and also available to accommodate any changes or notes needed to take for work
Dr. Russell and his staff was completely relatable, comforting and professional. he was available during my treatment and exams which was a very important detail. He did not cut corners with me which I respected. Unfortunately I miscarried however I am going to continue to try and I would not go on this journey with no other doctor. I felt most comfortable and I felt like he and his staff cares. I love this place and I hope my next go is a success
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Deb)
She and staff was great, very sensitive to my mishap and also there for any and all questions that I had. Even after treatment they are still great communicators with questions that I have going forward to start IVF again
Dr Russell first was nice which is important. He explained and answered all questions in an understandable tone. He gave options and he never made me feel like I was asking too many questions. With this treatment you need a Doctor that will listen, address you and give you the best , realistic options. And he did just that for me
I would advise to do research so that you can have more direct questions to ask relating to yourself.
I had fibroids, he suggested me to have them removed before the transfer and start of treatment, I did. It was a success with my transfer on the first time, again, unfortunately I miscarried
I will say , my research show Dr Russell at that time... to have better rates

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
All patients [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Neward] are put on the same schedule for monitoring & retrieval week.... Angie [a nurse] is awful! Very unorganized, talked fast when leaving messages, no explanation of why if any changes to med dosages. She showed no compassion any of the times I met with her.... I would tell her what pharmacies I used & she would still make the mistake of sending scripts to the wrong pharmacy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Make sure you do your research before choosing this clinic. Dr. Russell has knowledge in the area but is a bit old school at times and if you are a difficult case I don’t think he is willing to think outside of the box & change protocols.
All patients are put on the same schedule for monitoring & retrieval week. I had done 2 retrievals prior to coming to Dr. Russell & I don’t feel as though he tried to change my protocol in anyway except adding higher doses of low dose hcg which did not work & I did 3 retrievals with him using the same protocol! Frustrating!
Angie is awful! Very unorganized, talked fast when leaving messages, no explanation of why if any changes to med dosages. She showed no compassion any of the times I met with her.
I came to Dr. Russell for a second opinion and he talked a good game. He led us to believe he could do a lot more for us than the previous clinic we came from so we switched to him partly because of his confidence & knowledge and also because a friend of mine worked in his office. We did back to back retrievals only weeks apart (no month break in between) in order to batch embryos for PGS. I asked if this was wise to do without giving my body a break and I was instructed that it was perfectly fine. Well my first retrieval we got 12 eggs and ended up with 2 blastocysts. The next cycle only weeks later we only got 5 eggs which resulted in only 1 blastocyst. Ultimately after PGS testing we only had 1 normal embryo. We transferred the normal embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Unfortunately the pregnancy did not progress normally which resulted in a miscarriage (which we were told he had never seen before with a PGS normal embryo) after this we were on the fence whether to switch doctors but decided to give it one more chance with him. My last retrieval with Dr. Russell resulted in 9 eggs of which we got zero embryos/blastocysts. We were told by Dr. Russell that something was intrinsically wrong with my eggs. We then decided to switch doctors for our 3rd opinion which we ended up with amazing results! No issues with my eggs! First cycle with the new doctor resulted in 11 eggs, 9 mature, 7 fertilized & 6 blastocysts of which 4 were PGS normal!
Do your research & don’t always believe the statistics he throws around. I believe he gives false hope with his percentages.
Same protocol for each retrieval, follistim 300-375 twice a day as well as low dose hcg in high quantities. Ganirelix/certitide added when needed. First retrieval resulted in 12 eggs with only 2 blastocysts. Second to retrieve all the following month resulted in 5 eggs and 1 blastocyst. Final retrieval resulted in 9 eggs & no blastocysts/embryos. I truly feel my eggs were fried or there was lab error with my last retrieval.
We paid out of pocket for many procedures after our insurance benefits were exhausted. We switched insurance carriers the following year & the financial department did not check benefits so we assumed we had to pay out of pocket. Upon switching to a new clinic they checked our benefits and we indeed had some benefits. I had to contact Dr. Russell’s office to be reimbursed for the treatments I had paid out of pocket for, in which case we were reimbursed thankfully!

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
This clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is very efficient. I was seen on time 95% of the time. There are a lot of people who work there so you won’t remember names. The Milford office is much smaller and I would go there when I can.... The nursing staff is wonderful! One of them saw me at the hospital before an OB appointment and greeted me by name even though I didn’t remember hers.... We had a 20% copay per visit and paid about $2500 for retrieval.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is very efficient. I was seen on time 95% of the time. There are a lot of people who work there so you won’t remember names. The Milford office is much smaller and I would go there when I can.
When Dr. Russel had bad news about my first egg retrieval (no embryos) he called me himself to give me the news and told me what the next steps were.
Although his bedside manner is kind of blunt he does have compassion when things don’t go he way you had hoped. If bad news has to be given he calls you himself. He’s clear about what steps need to be taken and WANTS you to get pregnant.
He tells it like it is and don’t expect hand holding through the process. He IS compassionate but expects you to do exactly what he says so you’re successful.
High protein diet and vitamins for better egg quality. Clomid and low caffeine/sugar for my husband because of male factor to see if that makes any difference. It didn’t but the suggestions were helpful. Menopur, ganirillex, and follistim injections for eggs as well as estrace and progesterone suppositories. Progesterone injections for and post transfer. Transfer of 1 embryo resulted in live birth of baby boy.
Because of our insurance we paid much less out of pocket. This was all laid out for us by the billing department. We had a 20% copay per visit and paid about $2500 for retrieval.
Newark

The entire staff [DIRM] knew me by name and knew my medical history. I never had to repeat myself. The nursing staff always called me after appointments to check in on how I was doing.... I was thankful that they had a smaller clinic closer to my house where I was able to have checkups and standard appointments. I only had to travel to the farthest clinic 2-3 times maximum.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I live in a rural area, so, finding a clinic was hard. When I found this one, I was thankful that they had a smaller clinic closer to my house where I was able to have checkups and standard appointments. I only had to travel to the farthest clinic 2-3 times maximum. The strength is how thorough the clinic is. They constantly wanted to see me to check in, monitor, and evaluate me entirely. During my time there, everyone was engaged in my overall well being and satisfaction. The only weakness is that the clinic didn’t have a huge staff because of the clinic size. Although this was the primary reason that I chose to be seen there, many will view that as a negative aspect.
The entire staff knew me by name and knew my medical history. I never had to repeat myself. The nursing staff always called me after appointments to check in on how I was doing.
The nursing staff in general was excellent. All of them always knew who I was and greeted me in a kind manner. Upon leaving, they would call me 1-2 days after to check in on how I was doing with the process, treatment, transfer, and aftermath. They were compassionate and spoke to me like I was a human.
Dr Russell was incredibly knowledgeable in his field. He has a true passion for the fertility world. He made me feel mattered as a patient. He covered every aspect of fertility with me, to include diet, nutrition, exercise, and daily life. He allowed me to understand my body more to grasp how fertility works and evolves.
Come with questions ready and do not shy from asking them. Dr Russell is very forth coming with his information and blunt about what is going on. He has a great bedside manner but will still tell you how things really are. He loves to answer questions and help in all areas of overall well-being and health.
With my medicated ivf cycle, dr Russell’s main strategy was to keep an eye on me to ensure my body was accepting the medication properly. I saw him every other day while undergoing injections to be monitored. By doing this he was able to increase and decrease specific medications based on how I was reacting to these medications.
I remember my medication was about $4,000. The ivf cycle with monitoring, retrieval, and transfer was $11,000. Pgs testing was $750 let embryo from another clinic.
In my case, dr Russell preferred doing a eset because my medical condition that causes infertility would be tested out. Therefore, once we got a viable embryo, we knew my body would accept it. The staff didnsay that depending on the quality of the embryos on day 5, we could discuss doing a multiple transfer (I.e if the only viable ones I had were of lesser quality).
Newark

Long wait times at this clinic [DIRM] and set IVF cycles, very little flexibility. There are not many if any alternative options afforded to patients if the first option offered is not viable. Nurses are kind and very helpful, the fertility doctor is very busy and the IVF coordinator is difficult to get a hold of when needed.... It was difficult to arrange to start the IVF medications and to start my cycle I had to call several times to get specifics. I informed the coordinator that I was paying out of pocket, but still full priced expensive medications were ordered instead of the reduced price medications.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Long wait times at this clinic and set IVF cycles, very little flexibility. There are not many if any alternative options afforded to patients if the first option offered is not viable. Nurses are kind and very helpful, the fertility doctor is very busy and the IVF coordinator is difficult to get a hold of when needed.
Dr. Russell is the only doctor in the center, so he is very busy. He was always responsive, however, I felt he was unable to give me the specific attention I needed for unique case.
The nursing staff are very carrying. The IVF coordinator is extremely busy and seems to be a bit overwhelmed. The nursing staff were always responsive and compassionate.
Well versed physician, however, my case encountered challenges from the start of the cycle. I wasn't offered many solutions outside of surgery and Dr. Russell didn't seem interested in exploring other options.
I would advise to go to Dr. Russell only if you're ok with not having much say in regards to your treatment and treatment options
I started an IVF cycle and suddenly developed a tubal blockage that wasn't seen on scans prior to starting injections. On day three the cycle was cancelled and I was advised to have surgery. There were no other options provided to me outside of surgery in order to move forward with the IVF.
9,000 for the cycle and 5,000 for the medications
This doctor seems to only do frozen single embryo transfers
Milford
staff [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were amazing during the entire process. Always greeted me with a warm smile. Even when times were tough, they were there. I had so many questions, and they always took time to answer every one of them...Everyone greeted you with a smile and always remembered your name. They were excited when you had good news. They shared moments with you!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff is amazing and always warm and welcoming. They schedule appointments around your schedule and call when they have results to help you feel better. If you have questions they never let you leave until you feel comfortable.
Both Dr. Russell and his staff were amazing during the entire process. Always greeted me with a warm smile. Even when times were tough, they were there. I had so many questions, and they always took time to answer every one of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Everyone is amazing! )
Dr. Russell is very up front about what you need to be the most successful, but that is what I liked about him. I wanted someone who was going to help me have a baby, I wanted to know what I could do to make that happened. He was always caring and compassionate.
Go in there prepared to laugh, he likes to make his patients smile and lighten the mood. He will do his best to make your dreams come true!
I liked that he gave numbers and best outcomes, he always remained positive. It was always "when" you get pregnant. When a treatment was needed, he would give details on why and how it could increase my odds and give me the option.
Jennifer in billing always help me navigate with my insurance and helped me with billing.

2010 - 2017
2 IUI, IVF
Every person in the office [DE Inst for Repro Med] was incolved in the IVF process was on the same page. They knew my name and my husbands name. They greeted us warmly and were genuinely excited for each of our successful rounds...[Nurses] Friendly and knowledgeable! They are still friendly and remember my name when I see them out in public...Huge strength is that it is a small clinic and that you always see the same faces and you always see the same doctor.
2010 - 2017
2 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Huge strength is that it is a small clinic and that you always see the same faces and you always see the same doctor. Be prepared to be patient because there is only one doctor performing the procedures and answering questions your appointments may not always run on time.
Every person in the office was incolved in the IVF process was on the same page. They knew my name and my husbands name. They greeted us warmly and were genuinely excited for each of our successful rounds.
Friendly and knowledgeable! They are still friendly and remember my name when I see them out in public😀
Dr. Russell is extremely smart and knowledgeable which to the a sensitive person can be off putting. However, my husband and I found comfort in that he was the best person to achieve our goals of having a family. When we walked into his office at the ripe old age of 38 wanting to try for a third child he actually smiled and said that we have done it before we can do it again. As result we now have three beautiful children.
Don’t expect warm and fuzzy from Dr. Russell but do expect results. And in the end I would rather hold my children’s hands than a doctor’s l.
I don’t remember the IUI however with IVF we had one unsuccessful round and after that round Dr. Russell changes the medications and added a nutrition component which worked on all 3 successful rounds after.
Insurance covered first three rounds and $25 copay for each visit
My first two children had two embryos transferred which resulted in single births however with my third child because we did PGS we choose to do a single embryo.
Newark

The clinic [DE Inst for Repro Med] is easily accessible and I have experienced no issues so far. I live about an hour and a half from the main location, but I’m willing to travel. That is not a problem because this is an important process. They also have a satellite office in Milford, which is very close to me. ... They all seem positive and want the best for me. Whether it’s giving me nutrition resources or support. They all have been great
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve just started the process which only includes testing. The clinic is easily accessible and I have experienced no issues so far. I live about an hour and a half from the main location, but I’m willing to travel. That is not a problem because this is an important process. They also have a satellite office in Milford, which is very close to me.
Dr Russell gives the impresssion he genuinely cares
The staff has been great. They all seem positive and want the best for me. Whether it’s giving me nutrition resources or support. They all have been great
I’m only partly through the process, which just includes tests. But Dr Russell has been honest and I genuinely feel cared about. During my first consult he gave me the news of my husbands very low sperm count, and that IVF would be the most promising option. I broke down and he assured me it wasn’t me and it was him, but everything would be okay. He was positive and even gave me a gentle pat on the way out. I felt at ease that he would take care of me
Hold nothing back and tell her him how you feel and what you would like.
I have not started the IVF process.
So far I’ve just had to under go copay costs.
I have not started the IVF process
Newark

The first appointment is a lot to take in but don’t give up on them they are a great team [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. They will go over everything with you more then once if they have to! Also they will work with you and around your schedule the best that they can! I work 40+ hours a week and have never missed a appointment. ... The girls in the Milford office were just amazing. They cared and listened to everything I said to them!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The first appointment is a lot to take in but don’t give up on them they are a great team. They will go over everything with you more then once if they have to! Also they will work with you and around your schedule the best that they can! I work 40+ hours a week and have never missed a appointment. Couldn’t recommend them more !
Every time I walk into the office the ladies knew my name, and we talked about real things. They are just amazing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Salina )
Dr. Russell is very straight forward and get to the point kind of man. He was extremely helpful in our process so far! Before my egg retrieval he even made me feel more comfortable by explaining everything again to me. Hands down best DR ever!
He will find anyway possible to make it work.
All the medicine he gave to me all added up with the ivf process. From the birth control to the trigger shot!
Well I had great insurance. My insurance paid 80% so the cost to me was not as bad. The medicine how ever was a pretty penny. And even though I only have to pay 20% it’s still taking a toll on our family !
Not there yet
Newark

I like that there are 2 locations in the state. I would love it if they [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Milford] had a third location that is closer to Maryland, but thankful that they have 2. The clinics have the most state of the art equipment available.... I have never been to a doctors office whos staff cares more about their patients. They aren't only focused on how you are doing medically, but want to know how you are feeling and if you are having any trouble.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I like that there are 2 locations in the state. I would love it if they had a third location that is closer to Maryland, but thankful that they have 2. The clinics have the most state of the art equipment available.
He and his staff always took the time to explain everything. You never feel rushed or as if they have another appointment they need to get you out for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina)
While he isn't the warmest and fuzziest doctor I have ever had, he is straight and to the point. He is very honest and does alter your protocol depending on how you are responding. I feel as though he really does want the best for his patients and isn't worried about his statistical numbers.
He has a very dry sense of humor and is fairly direct, don't let that put you off. If you do as you should and follow his protocols, he will pull out all the stops to try and get you pregnant.
I don't know all the particulars off hand.
The biggest cost out of pocket is cryopreservation.
They favor one embryo transfer, but my husband and I have always elected to do a two embryo transfer. This has resulted in the birth of my son.
Milford

The clinic [DE Institute for Reproductive Med] is clean, inviting, and friendly. I like that patients with children are asked to sit in the lobbing until their appointment. This makes for those of us who are struggling more comfortable.... The nursing staff are very friendly. They know you by name. They make treatment and things comfortable. It can be very nerve wrecking and awkward when you are in the treatment room, but they make it very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, inviting, and friendly. I like that patients with children are asked to sit in the lobbing until their appointment. This makes for those of us who are struggling more comfortable.
The staff is caring and there for you when you need it. They care.
At first, when I switched to Dr. Russell, I was concerned because I had heard stories about his bedside manner. I was pleasantly surprised. All the staff are friendly and understanding. Dr. Russell is willing to meet with you at the drop of a dime if you have questions. We have adjusted my treatment several times, and although I am currently taking a break, I cannot wait to go back.
Go in with an open mind. Don't listen to anything you heard from others. Dr. Russell is amazing.
Clomid, with increases when I was not responding due to better success rates. IUI (4 times). IVF discussions - have not started treatment yet because I cannot afford it currently.
Each IUI, after insurance, costs me around $350.
did not discuss this
Milford

They [DE Inst for Repro Med] are very friendly. They are very private and make you feel comfortable and are compassionate about everyone’s case individually and as a whole. They go over your insurance process first so you know what to expect before you even begin to wonder and stress. They give you all options and do not pressure you into anything... Dr Russell was very knowledgeable and was ready for all questions and answers. He was not pushy and gave all options including no treatment
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are very friendly. They are very private and make you feel comfortable and are compassionate about everyone’s case individually and as a whole. They go over your insurance process first so you know what to expect before you even begin to wonder and stress. They give you all options and do not pressure you into anything
They had my files from my OBGYN so knew a lot of information. They talked real talk and also joked around
They were very friendly funny and knowledgeable
Dr Russell was very knowledgeable and was ready for all questions and answers. He was not pushy and gave all options including no treatment at all. Very funny and could even draw and write upside down
Amazing, great bed side manner and great doctor who is compassionate and right down to business
Found 2 out of 3 miscarriages were genetic abnormalities. Suggested IVF or we can continue trying but not sure how many additional miscarriages will occur before we carry a child to term. Currently undergoing tests and then let them know our choice at our next sit down
All costs were covered with a copay except IVF treatment
Milford

The clinical staff [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was terrific...[nurses were] Extremely caring and supportive...Very organized, and compassionate staff. After many years of working with them I learned they work hard to make sure, you are informed and have everything you need. There is always someone to contact if you have questions or concerns... High protein diet. Hormone injections, suppositories, oral meds. Staff was supportive on how to administer meds and purpose of meds.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinical staff was terrific Dr. Russell explained everything as we went through the process.
Extremely caring and supportive.
He was blunt, and took time to explain everything when questions were asked. He is not warm and fuzzy, but I didn't need that. He has a dry sense of humor, but I promise it's there. I would use his services again if needed. Over the years I worked with him for our infertility needs, I came to realize he does actually care, for his patients.
He dosent sugar coat things, so don't expect him to hold your hand. However he is extremly professional and great at what he does. He is very intelligent when it comes to clinical expertise.
9,000 for retrieval procedure. About 10,000 grand for meds.

PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Newark] was amazing! Everyone was so helpful and nice and friendly and caring. They bend over backwards And make you feel like you are their only and most important patient. It felt like a family being in there and i enjoyed going to every app... Everyone was so incredibly helpful and caring and accomadating. I felt so loved and cared for and that they were really concerned about me and wanted me to get pregnant so bad! Everyone was always so happy and pleasant and willing to help!
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was amazing! Everyone was so helpful and nice and friendly and caring. They bend over backwards And make you feel like you are their only and most important patient. It felt like a family being in there and i enjoyed going to every appt
He was very personal able and caring and made my care plan unique and specialized to my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie and Deb)
I had a great experience that resulted in our son. It was a long course and i had a very complicated situation but dr Russell never gave up hope and always had a plan and idea to keep us going! He never gave up until we got me pregnant. He was so caring and concerned and compassionate
Never give up hope.., it will happen for you too!
Clomid, tubal opening surgery and laparoscopy, 4 egg retrieval’s one with a hyoersensivuty reaction, 3 failed IVFs, egg drilling surgery, 1 IUI with a chemical pregnancy, next IUI gave us our son
Over $35000
Newark

Feel free to sit with the financial person [DE Inst for Repro Med] as much as you want so you know what you are spending and how much things are costing. ... I felt important till I was there for a few months then didn’t feel important and it became all about money. When I ran out of money I was told I couldn’t come back and that made me feel even worse. ... They are all very nice and accommodating but make sure you completely understand what’s going on and getting full answers to your questions.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are all very nice and accommodating but make sure you completely understand what’s going on and getting full answers to your questions. Make sure you go at your own pace and not do things just because they think that’s the next step. Feel free to sit with the financial person as much as you want so you know what you are spending and how much things are costing.
They are very sweet and smart they all make you feel comfortable.
I think he is a very smart mad and is very to the point when you see him but as a patient I felt like I never saw him after a few appointments and to this day I still have so may unanswered questions because he was never around to ask.
Pick him if you feel comfortable with him from the first appointment this is a very hard road to take and you wanna be on it with someone you like and trust!
I didn’t go through this.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
This clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is great for a personal experience, the receptionist greats you by name and is always friendly. Because it's a smaller clinic and they are so helpful with each patient, at times you may spend more time in the office than originally planned...The costs were lower compared to other researched clinics...The staff is very friendly and kind. They make every effort to show compassion and ease your mind during each visit.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is great for a personal experience, the receptionist greats you by name and is always friendly. Because it's a smaller clinic and they are so helpful with each patient, at times you may spend more time in the office than originally planned.
Both the staff and doctor are personable and friendly, ease my mind and explain everything in detail.
He is knowledgeable and willing to help in any way he can, both medically and financially. He is often quick to leave the exam room, but the nurses take over and hold your hand through the process. I feel confident in his ability to guide me on this journey.
He is to the point, he will do his best to get answers and then advise on the most successful treatment options. He is willing to go at your pace, regardless of what it may do to his stats.
We started slow with natural intercourse/ovulation monitoring then worked our way up the Clomid latter. He is willing to be more aggressive, once we are ready.
The costs were lower compared to other researched clinics.
They prefer eSET after PGS testing. They are willing to transfer multiple embryos if patient has had previously failed transfers.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med] did not prevent babies from cooming into the office. I think this is a real struggle emotionally for patients to deal with. They also never told me about credits on my account unless I asked.... The nursing staff did there job and ran a smooth operation... .The staff decided to focus on my ovulation and not both of the problems (ovulation and morphology).
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic did not prevent babies from cooming into the office. I think this is a real struggle emotionally for patients to deal with. They also never told me about credits on my account unless I asked.
He had his own practice, so besides the nurses, he was not visible unless it was a procedure. He was in and out not much conversation.
The nursing staff did there job and ran a smooth operation.
He was detailed in one procedure I had with him. Not much else to say as I did not see if often. The nurses were my primary care for my appointments. The Dr. seemed to have a lot going on. He was very busy most of the time.
Understand that he will be there fir you during big procedures only. His ties are cute.
He knew I was not able to do ivf due to finances. So we just went through the process of taking injectables and Clomid. I have pcos, so the results were not as expected. My spouse was never treated for his morphology and we were unaware of his problem during my 5-6 cycles of Clomid.
I was under diagnostic so most things were covered, only had a copay
Newark

While being treated at this clinic [DE Institute for Reproductive Med] I felt the wait time was long for my appointments. I wanted a more personal caring relationship with my fertility doctor. The nursing staff were friendly enough and seemed to care but I personally needed more from my fertility clinic.... The nursing staff was mostly friendly but I felt like they rushed my visit, as though they were trying to get through the day.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
While being treated at this clinic I felt the wait time was long for my appointments. I wanted a more personal caring relationship with my fertility doctor. The nursing staff were friendly enough and seemed to care but I personally needed more from my fertility clinic.
I felt like the clinic had more clients then they could handle. I had to wait long periods of time for scheduled appointments. For example my Appointment never started on time. The doctor is professional but I don’t feel that he cared for my situation, it seemed like a job to him.
I felt like a number at this clinic. I do believe he is successful in treating women but for myself I needed a more personal relationship with my doctor. I didn’t see doctor Russell at most of my visits and met with other staff members who were caring and kind but the relationship with my doctor was important to me.
My advice for prospective patients is to meet with more than one doctor and choose who you’re most comfortable with.
I feel that Dr Russell’s office had comparable prices to other fertility clinics in my area.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The hours [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med-Newark] were from 7 to 3pm, but the did come in on the weekend for transfers due to you cycle which I thought was nice. Office staff have been there for years which means they love their job.... They [the nurses] were wonderful. They cried with me when I had my chemical pregnancy and celebrated when I had my little girl. I brought her to the office and everyone was overjoyed to see her
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The hours were from 7 to 3pm, but the did come in on the weekend for transfers due to you cycle which I thought was nice. Office staff have been there for years which means they love their job.
The office called me everyday to give me updates on my embryos!
They were wonderful. They cried with me when I had my chemical pregnancy and celebrated when I had my little girl. I brought her to the office and everyone was overjoyed to see her
When I had my chemical pregnancy he told me it will be ok. He gave me time to process it and he was the one that did my surgery. I saw him with all 3 transfers and each time he said today Stacy I’m going get you pregnant. He made me smile
Be prepared for ups and downs it is a journey. I am so thankful that Delaware Now has coverage for IVF. I had to pay out of pocket. However the office gave me a discount because of where I worked
He has a coordinated who will sit down with you and your partner and explain everything. You also have nutrition education.
$35,000+
The maximum that Dr Russell would implant was 2 at a time

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Everyone I saw was very nice. Sometimes the wait was long and the hours are not always convenient. They [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] do not allow children in the Waiting room which is great.... Monitoring appointments are in the morning. Sometimes it's hard due to work.... I saw Celina the most and she is great! Always takes the time to answer all my questions.... Dr Russell goes fast so take good notes.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I saw was very nice. Sometimes the wait was long and the hours are not always convenient. They do not allow children in the Waiting room which is great. Dr Russell goes fast so take good notes.
He takes time to explain everything.
I am in the middle of an ivf cycle now. Waiting to see if any of my eggs make it to blast. Dr Russell was very concerned for me during egg retrieval since I am a Coumadin patient. He met with me several times to discuss risks and how he wanted to proceed.
Take really good notes because he goes fast.
I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning. Sometimes it's hard due to work.
It's expensive. All things infertility are.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I have nothing but great things to say. ... I had some urgent issues after the transfer and they gently got me through everything. If I called with a concern they saw me immediately and never made me wait with worry. ... [Cost of treatment] I believe it was around 10 thousand. ... They [nursing staff] were all extremely nice and compassionate. It felt like they really cared about me.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I have nothing but great things to say. There isn't one negative thing I can think of. I had some urgent issues after the transfer and they gently got me through everything. If I called with a concern they saw me immediately and never made me wait with worry.
He is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever encountered. He and his staff made me feel like the most important person in the world and took amazing care of me.
They were all extremely nice and compassionate. It felt like they really cared about me.
He was very straightforward when explaining everything but compassionate and understanding at the same time. He was confident in the procedures but not to the point of being arrogant. He made me feel like I could trust his work and he was going to help me through the entire process.
He is the most well rounded doctor I have ever encountered.
I believe it was around 10 thousand.
He definitely educated us on the difference and did not make me feel pressured at all on our choice.

1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Patience is a virtue. Scheduling can be wonky [at DE Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. But everyone is so nice and understanding. They see a lot of tears and are there for a shoulder to lean on. Seeing these people three to four times a day you develop relationships with them.... The entire staff is wonderful but the individualized care from the assisted reproductive and ivf staff were above and beyond.
1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Patience is a virtue. Scheduling can be wonky. But everyone is so nice and understanding. They see a lot of tears and are there for a shoulder to lean on. Seeing these people three to four times a day you develop relationships with them.
Individualized care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Rainey )
Dr Russell and his staff take their time and communicate well. His PA Lauren is wonderful as well and we enjoy seeing her. We see her every time and dr Russell infrequently but that is ok, he is the one who makes the decisions and sends out instructions after each visit.
Be patient, he is very sure he can get you pregnant but sometimes it gets your hopes up for a quick pregnancy.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Used the latest techniques and technology. Office [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is clean but could use a facelift. Only bad side is waiting for appointment sometimes can be longer than 15 mins and they only have morning hours most days. It worked for me and I felt like I received excellent care.... Medical assistants, nurse practitioners and physicians assistant were all wonderful
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Used the latest techniques and technology. Office is clean but could use a facelift. Only bad side is waiting for appointment sometimes can be longer than 15 mins and they only have morning hours most days. It worked for me and I felt like I received excellent care.
The staff was very caring
Helped me understand my infertility issue. Explained the procedures. Willing to have consults if I had questions. listened to my questions and concerns. Came in on the weekend to see me. Only bad part was wait time sometimes.
He has a lot of experience. Trust his judgement and advice.
My insurance covered my treatment fortunately but I reeebr there was a flat fee that covered the visits and insemination if my insurance wouldn’t cover it. It was cheaper than other places I looked at.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [DE Inst. for Repro Med] is much more organized than another clinic I previously went to. They are always good about scheduling an appointment at the last minute, and they are on time for the appointments 99% of the time. I appreciate that I am typically in and out relatively quickly. The staff are also very nice and helpful. ... I sometimes feel like little details get lost in communication from one nurse to the next, and so sometimes I have to repeat myself or make sure I keep track of the details so they don't get list.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is much more organized than another clinic I previously went to. They are always good about scheduling an appointment at the last minute, and they are on time for the appointments 99% of the time. I appreciate that I am typically in and out relatively quickly. The staff are also very nice and helpful.
The staff knewmy name and remembered me from the beginning. I always see the same staff, rather than seeing new people at each visit like I did at another clinic.
The nurses are overall very nice and helpful. I appreciate that they treat me like a person and care about my outcomes. I sometimes feel like little details get lost in communication from one nurse to the next, and so sometimes I have to repeat myself or make sure I keep track of the details so they don't get list.
Dr. Russell seems very knowledgeable. I appreciate his candid manner and his expertise. I wish he had better bedside manner - I am not sure he knows or remembers how emotionally difficult this process is for patients,
Be ready to listen to Dr. Russell but also be your own advocate. Remember that you are in charge of your fertility, and you know yourself and your body better than anyone else.
I used menopur in the morning and gonal-F in the evening for around 9 days before doing the Lupron trigger shot.
I am in the middle of a round of IVF. 75% of the costs are covered by my insurance. The retrieval and one transferwill be around 3,500 out of pocket, with an additional 3,000 for genetic testing and an additional 2500 for medications.
I have not discussed this yet with Dr. Russell.

6 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Everyone at Dr. Russell's office [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is wonderful to work with. We felt like family and always knew what was going on...The clinic is organized, clean, well decorated, and has incredibly wonderful office hours. We never waited too long to be seen and could get my appointments in before work. The front desk staff is wonderful and kind. They make a point to acknowledge you and even to get to know you.
6 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Russell was wonderful to work with. In the past I had a miscarriage and he was warm and caring. When we graduated from the clinic to see our Ob he even gave me a hug. He is smart, kind, and amazing at what he does. Due to this we always felt like humans and never like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
Everyone at Dr. Russell's office is wonderful to work with. We felt like family and always knew what was going on.
Dr. Russell is a very intelligent, resourceful, and hardworking doctor. He always made us feel like we mattered, and that he wanted to help us get our dream, almost as much as we wanted it. He is to the point, which I respect and like.
Always remember to listen to what he is saying. Although it may be hard to hear and manage do EVERYTHING he says as he says it.
We did an egg retrieval and adjusted the meds and shots as needed. I did steroids and antibiotics too.
Due to insurance reasons we paid cash for our IVF Cycle. It was approximately $12,000 and got us our baby boy!
Due to my age and other medical factors we did a single embryo transfer and discussed this with Dr. Russell before.

3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Their [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Newark] strengths are communication, compassion and reliability. Their support during the ups and downs were vital when going through each step of the way when emotions run high and stress can get to be unbearable at times along the way.... This staff is absolutely amazing! We couldn't have made it through this journey without each of them.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Their strengths are communication, compassion and reliability. Their support during the ups and downs were vital when going through each step of the way when emotions run high and stress can get to be unbearable at times along the way.
Family
My doctor has been straight forward and targeted my care with my best interests in mind. We always worked as a team and consulted directly as we altered the plan for care along the way. I've always felt safe and confident while attaining treatments under my doctors direction.
Communication and open mindedness are two top qualities you will need to possess as you enter this journey with my doctor.
I've had so manybover the last 5 years that it's hard to name them all specifically. I've done natural with chlomid, IUI and donar egg ivf to name a few. So far, I've not had a full term preganancy with a baby in my arms yet!
Oh well over $50,000by now and counting. We have had high copays, medications, IUI, and IVF donar egg costs which were hefty.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
It [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was the cheapest in the area...It’s very busy so sometimes you have to sit for appointments but overall it is a wonderful clinic with a great and caring staff...They [nurses] are wonderful and kind...He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] likes to do one [embryo transfer]...took the time to talk to me and get to know me and my history...was very honest and had me see a nutritionist, which I believe helped me conceiv
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s very busy so sometimes you have to sit for appointments but overall it is a wonderful clinic with a great and caring staff. They aren’t just trying to gouge you for money. They really actually care.
He took the time to talk to me and get to know me and my history.
They are wonderful and kind.
He was very honest and had me see a nutritionist , which I believe helped me conceive. He was great. He took the time to look over my history and had suggestions that actually worked and helped. His protein diet works its amazing and a great way of life.
Never give up just keep trying and don’t lose faith. Get your diet under control for egg quality.
He had me start a protein diet and stay on it for a few months before starting an IVF cycle well by the second month of the high protein diet I was pregnant.
It was the cheapest in the area.
He likes to do one.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
[Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med-Newark is] Hard to find, that's the only downside. I live everything else about it. They get you appointments promptly and are very caring team! It took us over 6 months to choose a path. And even once we faced complications the team was supporting and continued to work with us.... Dr Russell told me the Drs who refused to work with us were weenies! This made me smile,,and changed my mood instantly. I went in hopeless. And came out with several options. He has no doubts in the options he offered, and that I admire!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
He spoke in typical language. Reviewed my history, and gave us several options to move fwd with. He told me the other Dr who turned us away were wrong, and to not be discouraged.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Charlotte)
Keeps in,touch and always gets me the info I request.
Don't wait, go see him first!!
All standard treatment, lab work ups and councillor options.
He's very much for SET, however I'm very much for 2. This is a battle we shall have!

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
They [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Milford] always had times available when called. The wait could be rather long but with time sensitive issues it is understandable. They have different locations available which is very convenient as well.... They [the staff at DIRM] were always very personal and knew your name and asked about your day
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They always had times available when called. The wait could be rather long but with time sensitive issues it is understandable. They have different locations available which is very convenient as well.
They were always very personal and knew your name and asked about your day
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celena)
Very compassionate and patient explained every thing necessary
He has been practicing for years and knows his stuff. He evaluates your situation as a whole and was sure to figure out why before proceeding with something that would not work just to do it. We was very forthcoming and told you everything you needed to know and gave you all your options.
Make sure you ask all your questions so you are not still pondering later even if you are embarassed.
He wanted to diagnose the problem rather then just jumping into solutions. He wanted to make sure all issues were known before proceeding which was great
Around 11k
I initially thought we would do one transfer and he strongly suggested two. Which worked out just the way we had anticipated

Endometriosis, PCOS
Celina [a nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Newark] was an amazing help through the process. She's been through it herself so she can truly empathize with the patients.... Dr. Russell is extremely knowledgeable. You quickly trust his recommendations based on his deep knowledge of infertility. He is willing to be sensitive to your treatment wishes and yet still explains honestly what your chances of success are.... Very empathetic and explained the details of your treatment so you understood what was going on.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Celina was an amazing help through the process. She's been through it herself so she can truly empathize with the patients.
Take notes and write your questions down. Dr. Russell will move quickly through the conversation, however, he is willing to answer your questions.