Genetic counseling: Offered
302-424-6645
4745 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
302.738.4600
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

1 doctor
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The entire staff [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] , including the nurse practitioner Lauren was amazing. Angie (the ivf coordinator) I struggled with for a really long time. Her tone and approach is very direct and is unorganized at times. That said, over time I’ve learned that her tone is not intentional and that you just need to be patient with her. Danielle who has recently started helping with IVF is great! Everyone else is SO kind, I’d go to this office just for them.
2017 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office definitely has a ton of customers and are always busy. That said, our state only has two clinics. I’d assume every location is busy like this. I really like their online portal message ability. I wish there were some updates, such as the ability to reply to messages or upload documents. Note, I use my phone to access the website versus a computer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
This is my second review, I asked for the first one to be removed as I felt it wasn’t a true representation on my full journey with the office. The office does a GREAT job greeting you, remembering what you have going on medically and personally, greets you with a smile. Definitely feel like everyone has made an effort to get to know me and my husband.
The entire staff, including the nurse practitioner Lauren was amazing. Angie (the ivf coordinator) I struggled with for a really long time. Her tone and approach is very direct and is unorganized at times. That said, over time I’ve learned that her tone is not intentional and that you just need to be patient with her. Danielle who has recently started helping with IVF is great! Everyone else is SO kind, I’d go to this office just for them.
What specific things went wrong at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Russell is very educated. He isnt at every appointment, especially with the IUIs, but has been at a lot of my appointments for IVF. On my first round of ivf we took a very general approach and was under the impression that we’d get a lot of eggs. Unfortunately at that point we learned that I had concerns with my AMH (unsure of why this was unknown prior) and also learned that I had low quality eggs (this wouldn’t have been known previously.) the second time around Dr. Russell was direct that it was going to be harder, but that he was going to make adjustments and stayed optimistic. I definitely felt like he would answer any questions I had. I would suggest doing your own research and coming with questions, just to have them best conversations.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Come prepared with your own questions, don’t expect him to be at every appointment, but still trust that he is looped into every conversation. This is not something I originally understood, but he does look at any makes final decisions.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office did appointments from 7:30-11:45. This has always been convenient for me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
For iui’s and first round of IVF, my coverage was 50% until I met my out of pocket and deductible. Medication and PGS not included. The second time for IVF my coverage changed and only had to pay deductible. out of pocket, and PGS
Describe Jeffrey Russell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
During my first round of ivf (before we knew more) Dr. Russell advised with my age he wouldn’t suggest transferring more than one. That said, the second time around we plan to transfer two. This is due to the PGS testing outcome and quality of eggs.
Newark

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Lauren, Janet, and Siobhan [nurses at DIRM] were AMAZING! I could not have asked for a better group of ladies. Every visit I was welcomed with smiles and they were truly with me through every step. Once I lost the baby I could just tell that they felt the sadness too and they went above and beyond to comfort me. They are the best and I am forever grateful to them for their love and care!
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Honestly the only problem I had with DIRM was with Angie. She can be friendly sometimes, but very rude other times. I would call back later and talk with someone else to figure out what I needed to do because she was just rude. Otherwise, they are an excellent doctors office and I hope that I can return soon for another chance to become a Mom!
Dr. Russell and his team are amazing. Although I did end up miscarrying, they were always there to help and guide me along the journey and were so supportive with the miscarriage. We were all like family and when I felt loss, they felt it too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren, Janet, and Siobhan)
Lauren, Janet, and Siobhan were AMAZING! I could not have asked for a better group of ladies. Every visit I was welcomed with smiles and they were truly with me through every step. Once I lost the baby I could just tell that they felt the sadness too and they went above and beyond to comfort me. They are the best and I am forever grateful to them for their love and care!
Dr. Russell is amazing. Some may say he is blunt and to the point, but I would rather he be honest than sugarcoat things like some other doctors. He is very knowledgeable and treats you like a person, not just another number bringing in money. I would definitely recommend Dr. Russell and his team to anyone going through infertility.
If you feel like you do not understand something, ask! He is so knowledgable.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Russell used in your cycles at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For both IVF cycles I did the same medications, just sometimes different dosages depending on how the follicles were responding. We also had to be careful due to having PCOS to not overstimulate. We used the Gonal F rediject pen and would alternate between 275/300/325, Follitism injections (I forget dosage), and a trigger shot. I was also on estrsce 2mg and a few others. For the embryo transfers - 1st one I was on progesterone suppositories, progesterone injections, estrace, and baby aspirin. Failed. The 2nd transfer I had a biopsy done and I had too much progesterone so we only used the Progesterone Injections, Estrace, and Aspirin.
My first cycle was covered by insurance except my deductible which was $4500. I had to pay about $300 each time I needed IVF medication. The 2nd cycle was only partially paid for so I had to pay $3000 for my frozen embryo transfer and out of pocket for all medications.
The first cycle he wanted to transfer just one (I only had one anyway) but said if it failed next time we could try 2 but it would not increase our chances of success. The second IVF we transferred 2 and were pregnant with a singleton until we miscarried at 10 weeks.

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
[Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med-Milford is] Great for scheduling appointments and getting in quickly. Great communicating with the NP or medical assistants on the phone or through email. Billing is super easy. They’re up on the latest technology and protocols and have your best interests at heart.... Egg retrieval for one cycle was $9000. Meds were about $3600. Each transfer is $3000.
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Immunological
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone in the office is very friendly and down-to-earth, treats you with compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie White)
She was their IVF coordinator. She gave good and clear instructions regarding the process, timing of medications, etc. the rest of the staff are medical assistants. They are all super friendly, compassionate, and treat you like family. They’re also very good at keeping you informed and explaining everything.
He is the best in the state. Up to date with the latest science and technologies. Has a calm and friendly approach. Tells you like it is without judgment or scorn. Helps you to understand everything including each step, the science behind it, and expectations.
You are in great hands. He’s the best in the area and knows what he’s doing. Make sure to do your research at home and have questions prepared.
We used an antagonist protocol - follistim, ganirelix, and microdose hcg, and then progesterone suppositories for retrieval. Our trigger was pregnyl. We got 10 eggs, all mature. 5 made it to blastocyst stage, 3 PGS tested normal. FET progesterone suppositories and IM injections, medrol, and an antibiotic. Resulted in positive pregnancy, but miscarried at 4.5 weeks. Diagnostics showed high NK cell count and endometritis.
We only wanted to transfer one, but he also recommended just one based on my age and good health, great embryo quality, and in case it didn’t work we could tweak it next transfer.

Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Overall the clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] seems overworked and understaffed. During my monitoring appointments on the weekend, every one looked tired and run down. They didn’t seem happy. The clinic does batch cycling. So everyone is stimulated at the same time. It’s such a stressful time of a woman’s life, the staff really needs to be mindful of how they appear to us.
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall the clinic seems overworked and understaffed. During my monitoring appointments on the weekend, every one looked tired and run down. They didn’t seem happy. The clinic does batch cycling. So everyone is stimulated at the same time. It’s such a stressful time of a woman’s life, the staff really needs to be mindful of how they appear to us.
Dr. Russell is the only physician in the clinic which has 2 locations. My appointments were never on time as scheduled and he never seemed to read my chart before meeting with us. He is stretched way too thin for the volume of patients he sees. There’s no way for him to have a good grasp on every patients situation when he is the only one running the show.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina McHugh)
Celina is amazing and was the main reason that I stayed at the clinic for 2 cycles despite our poor outcomes. She is compassionate, and treats you as though you are the only patient there even if she has a waiting room full of people.
Dr. Russell is overtly confident. Which was great in the beginning because we needed hope. However as things failed over time, he had no real answers. There was a lot of false hope given with nothing left in the end. His main focus is on protein and how the diet will cure your eggs. I found this to be completely void of actual fact as I did everything he told me and still has no viable embryos. He is pompous and makes very brash statements. He doesn’t think before he speaks. I wish I had done more research before choosing his clinic.
Do your research. Check his SART scores and success rates. He will tell you what you want to hear but doesn’t produce results.
He uses follistim 300 and microdose HCG 50 pretty frequently. Then introduces ganarelix later.
PGS testing was $3,000 For up to 8 embryos. The transfer and retrieval were covered under insurance but we still had approx $6,000 in out of pocket costs including copays and deductible. The injections were so costly. We spent thousands of dollars on the medications.
He was willing to transfer more than one embryo - I think especially if they are not PGS tested so quality was unknown.
Newark

It [DE for Reproductive Medicine] is a small clinic so you always see the same familiar faces which is great. I've trusted any treatment that has been suggested. They communicate all details very well so you're never left wondering what your next steps will be and why.... The nursing staff is great and always there to listen to your fears and concerns. They go above and beyond to make you calm and comfortable. They were amazing for my egg retrieval when I just couldn't stop crying from nerves (and probably hormones too).
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is a small clinic so you always see the same familiar faces which is great. I've trusted any treatment that has been suggested. They communicate all details very well so you're never left wondering what your next steps will be and why.
The office is on the smaller side so you got to know everyone who worked there. You would see the same individuals at each appointment so they all get to know you and your story.
Dr Russell is very straight to the point, but provides all of the details and information necessary. I prefer this over someone who talks around in circles and just tells me what they think I'd want to hear. He's cautious but ready to move forward as long as you are.
He is extremely straight forward and prepared to hit the ground running as long as you are. After a year of trying on our own, I was happy to have a doctor like this. Minutes after our first meeting with him, I was getting blood drawn and an ultrasound (both things that I was on board with). He doesn't force any next steps on you.
We did 4 IUIs total. The first two I only used a trigger shot for timing. The next two we used clomid as well as the trigger shot. We moved onto IVF and my shots included menopur, gonal-F and cetrotide. He retrieved 25 eggs with 13 mature. They were concerned that I'd have Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and quickly put me on medication to avoid OHSS, which worked. We had 5 embryos to freeze and opted to do testing which resulted in only one normal embryo. Because we only have one embryo, Dr Russell is being cautious and I am currently in the process of a mock cycle for the transfer. I've been on estrace and will start progesterone shortly to confirm that the timing would be perfect for a transfer. I appreciate that he is doing everything possible to ensure that this embryo implants when we do the actual transfer.
I switched insurance plans through the process. Our IUIs were out of pocket with my previous insurance but IVF has been covered by my new insurance so far. We chose to do genetic screening that my insurance did not cover so that was out of pocket. I've never seen another doctor to compare prices of the IUIs but from talking to other women, the costs seems comparable.

Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
At this practice [DE Institute for Reproductive Medicine] you do everything in one place which makes it more convenient especially when you have to dedicate so much time traveling back and forth through the IVF process. The hours are flexible and the start at 7:30a which makes it easy to get back to work in a good timeframe. You never have to wait a long time, even with the number of patients that come in. They are super efficient. You even get your instructions via a phone voice mailbox and through the online patient portal. They make things super convenient and are always available for questions, which is important when you going through IVF.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
At this practice, you do everything in one place which makes it more convenient especially when you have to dedicate so much time traveling back and forth through the IVF process. The hours are flexible and the start at 7:30a which makes it easy to get back to work in a good timeframe. You never have to wait a long time, even with the number of patients that come in. They are super efficient. You even get your instructions via a phone voice mailbox and through the online patient portal. They make things super convenient and are always available for questions, which is important when you going through IVF.
Dr. Russell and his team show genuine empathy and a caring nature. I never felt like a number even with the number of patients that come to his practice. They always greeted me by name and have taken the time to get to know me.
The nursing staff have always been available to answer questions. They are also very knowledgeable. After my retrieval, Dr. Russell had to travel the next week for a conference. The Physician Assistant gave me her cell number to contact her with questions or concerns. I had to reach out to her on two different occasions over the weekend and she was very responsive. During one of my visits, I mentioned to one of the nurses that I wanted to find another GYN because of my lack of trust. She took time out to call me with names of GYN practices that specialize in handling advanced age pregnancies. She even shared with me her experience clearly understood why finding a provider that is knowledgeable and empathetic is important to me. The nursing staff always greets me and ask me how I'm feeling. Even the phlebotomist are super friendly. Everyone makes you feel super comfortable.
Prior to being treated by Dr. Russell, by GYN tried treating me with a course of fertility medication and over prescribed one of the medications, which led to distrust. He also did not explain scar tissue was a possibility after he removed my fibroids. The best thing he could have done is recommend me to Dr. Russell. Dr. Russell and his team have been nothing less than phenomenal! Dr. Russell is extremely knowledgeable and has been very dead on as my diagnosis and properly treating me. I have full confidence in him as he has restored my hope. Now we have two healthy embryos that are awaiting transfer. Instead of moving directly into the transfer, he is doing a mock cycle first to check my uterine lining to ensure it is prepared before implanting my embryo. Many doctors would not have taken the time to do this. He also strongly suggested genetics testing which I thankful we did as there were some abnormal eggs. We are taking the safe route of having one embryo implanted and will later implant the second after our first success pregnancy. I have a friend who went through 3 unsuccessful cycles of IVF with another local provider and is now with Dr. Russell and has raved about the notable difference including Dr. Russell and his team addressing proper nutrition. Dr. Russell has given us HOPE in process that has been very emotional, physical, and financially draining! We are confident that once the transfer occurs we will see are healthy baby in 9 months!!
Please be flexible with your schedule and patient in the process. All the steps that have to be taken can be overwhelming, but don't hesitate to communicate all of your concerns because the staff are always available to answer questions even after hours.
During the initial injections of hormones, I had to inject a total of 300mg of follistim twice daily. Initially my body did not respond, so he increased the dosage to 600mg and instantly my body responded. My body actually responded to well and I ended up going into hypo stimulation and then my medications were reduced and Dr. Russell moved me directly into egg retrieval to avoid any complications. After stopping the hormones before the retrieval, he was able to successful retrieve 53 eggs and I did not end up having any complications from the hypo stimulation. My ovaries healed with no problems.
I never had an issue getting an appointment. On the day of my monitoring visits, I was always seen in a reasonable timeframe. Things ran very smoothly and efficiently.
Total for IVF procedure including genetic testing $16,000 about $3000 for each IUI procedure (twice), about $4000 in medication cost.
Dr. Russell is a strong advocate for single embryo transfers because of the risk factors involved with multiple. He explained that years again, they did not have the technology that they have now, so they implanted multiple embryos. He explained that multiple embryo transfers can also increase the risk of premature birth. Based on his success rates and his years of experience and research here in the US and abroad, I am fully confident that the single embryo transfer is the best option, especially with all that we have already invested. Why take the additional risk when you don't have to...

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Dr. Russell and his team from day 1 has been extremely helpful with helping my husband and I through this infertility journey. They take the time to sit and talk with you. I highly recommend DIRM to anyone experiencing any type of infertility...Charlotte as well as the rest of Dr. Russell's team are so compassionate, informative, and willing to make your visit the best that it can possibly be. Charlotte is an amazing coordinator / person! We are very pleased we chose DIRM!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I can't honestly think of any weaknesses. The staff is very dedicated to their job and getting the patient what they want (a baby/babies). They're compassionate, understanding and willing to go that extra mile. There have been days where I wanted to give up on trying to conceive, but the staff has made me feel that this is possible.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Charlotte Lott )
Dr. Russell explained everything to us about our infertility journey, he helped us understand the positives and the negatives. There were times when I was disappointed when we received news that we weren't pregnant, after knowing my lab and lining numbers were looking good. I later realized that this journey is trial and error, I've learned to be positive through out this. I don't blame anyone, I just never realized how much of an emotional roller coaster ride this would be. Dr. Russell and his team are amazing, caring, knowledgeable people. They have really helped me through some difficult times, I can't say enough good things about them!! :-)
Be patient, think positive, have faith, ask questions. Know that you're not the only one going through this journey and there are support classes if needed.
The financial part of this process has been hard for me to swallow.
Dr. Russell transfered 1 embryo at a time. He informed that if I had multiple miscarriages, then he would consider multiple embryo transfers at once.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The office [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] has quick and convenient scheduling and the online portal is easy to use. Dr. Russell Is amazing. We have No complaints thus far, and are looking forward to completing our treatment with his clinic with the support of him and his amazing staff.... We are told the cost of or donor egg treatments will be $25,000. I also receive a discounted rate because of my employer.... Every one within the practice that we’ve had exposure to has been amazing. Dr. Russell definitely surrounds himself with a stellar team.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office has quick and convenient scheduling and the online portal is easy to use. Dr. Russell Is amazing. We have No complaints thus far, and are looking forward to completing our treatment with his clinic with the support of him and his amazing staff.
Dr. Russel was amazing when we met with him for a second opinion and treatment planning. He was blunt and direct in providing us information and provided us with our best options for conceptions and made my husband and I feel very confident about the treatment we would receive from him.
Loved Dr. Russell’s blunt delivery of information and the confidence he had in delivering info about our best options for conception and treatment moving forward. I appreciated his honesty and lack of sugar coated information about my diagnosis, test results, and treatment plan.
I wouldn’t have any advice to give other than he is definitely worth seeing. His approach and attitude are amazing.
Dr. Russell first advised that despite my diminished ovarian reserves, we could have great success using clomid, he also informed us given the low ovarian reserve numbers and probably quality of remaining eggs IVF using my own eggs wasn’t the best option for us as it likely wouldn’t yield us a child, but that he felt fairly confident with fertility drugs and clomid we would likely have success. However due to being a genetic carrier for fragile X we discussed that we would have to weigh potential risks versus benefits. He offered IVF using donor egg as an alternative giving the best results for us to have a child, which is ultimately the route we opted to go with.
No thoughts/comments yet as we haven’t started the transfer process yet.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Felt like as much of a human as possible [atDE Inst for Repro Med].....Easy to communicate with. Billing department is great. We understood how our money was being applied. Warm, friendly staff....We had a coinsurance and we were told of the exact amount and how it was calculated long before it was due....The staff is very comforting. The simplest things like holding my hand (while my husband held the other or during egg retrieval when he wasn’t in the room or the few appointments he couldn’t make) really helped me feel better.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Easy to communicate with. Billing department is great. We understood how our money was being applied. Warm, friendly staff. Doctor is in it to help patients have success. Happy to have found the practice.
Felt like as much of a human as possible. The staff is very comforting. The simplest things like holding my hand (while my husband held the other or during egg retrieval when he wasn’t in the room or the few appointments he couldn’t make) really helped me feel better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie)
Everyone is great.
Dr. Russell really cares. I had much better results when I switched to his care from another practice. Even being the only doctor at his practice, I believe I saw him at every one of my appointments. I didn’t see a doctor nearly as often at the practice I went to prior, even though the practice had multiple doctors. Dr. Russell even reached out to me on his cell phone after hours. At the practice I went to prior, I couldn’t even communicate directly with a doctor online.
Make an appointment with him if you haven’t already.
Used estrogen 2mg, 3x a day for about a month before starting stim meds. Added progesterone twice a day the last week or so of estrogen. Egg retrieval-clomid 50 twice a day for the first 5 days, 100 low dose hcg, and follistim twice a day. I forget the total but I think it was around 375? 400? Maybe up to 450? Added cetrotide a few days in. Lupron trigger. Resulted in 12 eggs, 11 mature. More than double the mature eggs retrieved at the practice I used prior to Dr. Russell’s.
We had insurance coverage. We had a coinsurance and we were told of the exact amount and how it was calculated long before it was due.
Haven’t transferred my embryos yet.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
All patients [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Neward] are put on the same schedule for monitoring & retrieval week.... Angie [a nurse] is awful! Very unorganized, talked fast when leaving messages, no explanation of why if any changes to med dosages. She showed no compassion any of the times I met with her.... I would tell her what pharmacies I used & she would still make the mistake of sending scripts to the wrong pharmacy.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Make sure you do your research before choosing this clinic. Dr. Russell has knowledge in the area but is a bit old school at times and if you are a difficult case I don’t think he is willing to think outside of the box & change protocols.
All patients are put on the same schedule for monitoring & retrieval week. I had done 2 retrievals prior to coming to Dr. Russell & I don’t feel as though he tried to change my protocol in anyway except adding higher doses of low dose hcg which did not work & I did 3 retrievals with him using the same protocol! Frustrating!
Angie is awful! Very unorganized, talked fast when leaving messages, no explanation of why if any changes to med dosages. She showed no compassion any of the times I met with her.
I came to Dr. Russell for a second opinion and he talked a good game. He led us to believe he could do a lot more for us than the previous clinic we came from so we switched to him partly because of his confidence & knowledge and also because a friend of mine worked in his office. We did back to back retrievals only weeks apart (no month break in between) in order to batch embryos for PGS. I asked if this was wise to do without giving my body a break and I was instructed that it was perfectly fine. Well my first retrieval we got 12 eggs and ended up with 2 blastocysts. The next cycle only weeks later we only got 5 eggs which resulted in only 1 blastocyst. Ultimately after PGS testing we only had 1 normal embryo. We transferred the normal embryo which resulted in a positive pregnancy test. Unfortunately the pregnancy did not progress normally which resulted in a miscarriage (which we were told he had never seen before with a PGS normal embryo) after this we were on the fence whether to switch doctors but decided to give it one more chance with him. My last retrieval with Dr. Russell resulted in 9 eggs of which we got zero embryos/blastocysts. We were told by Dr. Russell that something was intrinsically wrong with my eggs. We then decided to switch doctors for our 3rd opinion which we ended up with amazing results! No issues with my eggs! First cycle with the new doctor resulted in 11 eggs, 9 mature, 7 fertilized & 6 blastocysts of which 4 were PGS normal!
Do your research & don’t always believe the statistics he throws around. I believe he gives false hope with his percentages.
Same protocol for each retrieval, follistim 300-375 twice a day as well as low dose hcg in high quantities. Ganirelix/certitide added when needed. First retrieval resulted in 12 eggs with only 2 blastocysts. Second to retrieve all the following month resulted in 5 eggs and 1 blastocyst. Final retrieval resulted in 9 eggs & no blastocysts/embryos. I truly feel my eggs were fried or there was lab error with my last retrieval.
We paid out of pocket for many procedures after our insurance benefits were exhausted. We switched insurance carriers the following year & the financial department did not check benefits so we assumed we had to pay out of pocket. Upon switching to a new clinic they checked our benefits and we indeed had some benefits. I had to contact Dr. Russell’s office to be reimbursed for the treatments I had paid out of pocket for, in which case we were reimbursed thankfully!

2 IVF, Donor Sperm
This clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is very efficient. I was seen on time 95% of the time. There are a lot of people who work there so you won’t remember names. The Milford office is much smaller and I would go there when I can.... The nursing staff is wonderful! One of them saw me at the hospital before an OB appointment and greeted me by name even though I didn’t remember hers.... We had a 20% copay per visit and paid about $2500 for retrieval.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is very efficient. I was seen on time 95% of the time. There are a lot of people who work there so you won’t remember names. The Milford office is much smaller and I would go there when I can.
When Dr. Russel had bad news about my first egg retrieval (no embryos) he called me himself to give me the news and told me what the next steps were.
Although his bedside manner is kind of blunt he does have compassion when things don’t go he way you had hoped. If bad news has to be given he calls you himself. He’s clear about what steps need to be taken and WANTS you to get pregnant.
He tells it like it is and don’t expect hand holding through the process. He IS compassionate but expects you to do exactly what he says so you’re successful.
High protein diet and vitamins for better egg quality. Clomid and low caffeine/sugar for my husband because of male factor to see if that makes any difference. It didn’t but the suggestions were helpful. Menopur, ganirillex, and follistim injections for eggs as well as estrace and progesterone suppositories. Progesterone injections for and post transfer. Transfer of 1 embryo resulted in live birth of baby boy.
Because of our insurance we paid much less out of pocket. This was all laid out for us by the billing department. We had a 20% copay per visit and paid about $2500 for retrieval.
Newark

staff [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were amazing during the entire process. Always greeted me with a warm smile. Even when times were tough, they were there. I had so many questions, and they always took time to answer every one of them...Everyone greeted you with a smile and always remembered your name. They were excited when you had good news. They shared moments with you!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff is amazing and always warm and welcoming. They schedule appointments around your schedule and call when they have results to help you feel better. If you have questions they never let you leave until you feel comfortable.
Both Dr. Russell and his staff were amazing during the entire process. Always greeted me with a warm smile. Even when times were tough, they were there. I had so many questions, and they always took time to answer every one of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Everyone is amazing! )
Dr. Russell is very up front about what you need to be the most successful, but that is what I liked about him. I wanted someone who was going to help me have a baby, I wanted to know what I could do to make that happened. He was always caring and compassionate.
Go in there prepared to laugh, he likes to make his patients smile and lighten the mood. He will do his best to make your dreams come true!
I liked that he gave numbers and best outcomes, he always remained positive. It was always "when" you get pregnant. When a treatment was needed, he would give details on why and how it could increase my odds and give me the option.
Jennifer in billing always help me navigate with my insurance and helped me with billing.

2010 - 2017
2 IUI, IVF
Every person in the office [DE Inst for Repro Med] was incolved in the IVF process was on the same page. They knew my name and my husbands name. They greeted us warmly and were genuinely excited for each of our successful rounds...[Nurses] Friendly and knowledgeable! They are still friendly and remember my name when I see them out in public...Huge strength is that it is a small clinic and that you always see the same faces and you always see the same doctor.
2010 - 2017
2 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Huge strength is that it is a small clinic and that you always see the same faces and you always see the same doctor. Be prepared to be patient because there is only one doctor performing the procedures and answering questions your appointments may not always run on time.
Every person in the office was incolved in the IVF process was on the same page. They knew my name and my husbands name. They greeted us warmly and were genuinely excited for each of our successful rounds.
Friendly and knowledgeable! They are still friendly and remember my name when I see them out in public😀
Dr. Russell is extremely smart and knowledgeable which to the a sensitive person can be off putting. However, my husband and I found comfort in that he was the best person to achieve our goals of having a family. When we walked into his office at the ripe old age of 38 wanting to try for a third child he actually smiled and said that we have done it before we can do it again. As result we now have three beautiful children.
Don’t expect warm and fuzzy from Dr. Russell but do expect results. And in the end I would rather hold my children’s hands than a doctor’s l.
I don’t remember the IUI however with IVF we had one unsuccessful round and after that round Dr. Russell changes the medications and added a nutrition component which worked on all 3 successful rounds after.
Insurance covered first three rounds and $25 copay for each visit
My first two children had two embryos transferred which resulted in single births however with my third child because we did PGS we choose to do a single embryo.
Newark

The first appointment is a lot to take in but don’t give up on them they are a great team [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. They will go over everything with you more then once if they have to! Also they will work with you and around your schedule the best that they can! I work 40+ hours a week and have never missed a appointment. ... The girls in the Milford office were just amazing. They cared and listened to everything I said to them!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The first appointment is a lot to take in but don’t give up on them they are a great team. They will go over everything with you more then once if they have to! Also they will work with you and around your schedule the best that they can! I work 40+ hours a week and have never missed a appointment. Couldn’t recommend them more !
Every time I walk into the office the ladies knew my name, and we talked about real things. They are just amazing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Salina )
Dr. Russell is very straight forward and get to the point kind of man. He was extremely helpful in our process so far! Before my egg retrieval he even made me feel more comfortable by explaining everything again to me. Hands down best DR ever!
He will find anyway possible to make it work.
All the medicine he gave to me all added up with the ivf process. From the birth control to the trigger shot!
Well I had great insurance. My insurance paid 80% so the cost to me was not as bad. The medicine how ever was a pretty penny. And even though I only have to pay 20% it’s still taking a toll on our family !
Not there yet
Newark

I like that there are 2 locations in the state. I would love it if they [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Milford] had a third location that is closer to Maryland, but thankful that they have 2. The clinics have the most state of the art equipment available.... I have never been to a doctors office whos staff cares more about their patients. They aren't only focused on how you are doing medically, but want to know how you are feeling and if you are having any trouble.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I like that there are 2 locations in the state. I would love it if they had a third location that is closer to Maryland, but thankful that they have 2. The clinics have the most state of the art equipment available.
He and his staff always took the time to explain everything. You never feel rushed or as if they have another appointment they need to get you out for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina)
While he isn't the warmest and fuzziest doctor I have ever had, he is straight and to the point. He is very honest and does alter your protocol depending on how you are responding. I feel as though he really does want the best for his patients and isn't worried about his statistical numbers.
He has a very dry sense of humor and is fairly direct, don't let that put you off. If you do as you should and follow his protocols, he will pull out all the stops to try and get you pregnant.
I don't know all the particulars off hand.
The biggest cost out of pocket is cryopreservation.
They favor one embryo transfer, but my husband and I have always elected to do a two embryo transfer. This has resulted in the birth of my son.
Milford

The clinic [DE Institute for Reproductive Med] is clean, inviting, and friendly. I like that patients with children are asked to sit in the lobbing until their appointment. This makes for those of us who are struggling more comfortable.... The nursing staff are very friendly. They know you by name. They make treatment and things comfortable. It can be very nerve wrecking and awkward when you are in the treatment room, but they make it very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean, inviting, and friendly. I like that patients with children are asked to sit in the lobbing until their appointment. This makes for those of us who are struggling more comfortable.
The staff is caring and there for you when you need it. They care.
At first, when I switched to Dr. Russell, I was concerned because I had heard stories about his bedside manner. I was pleasantly surprised. All the staff are friendly and understanding. Dr. Russell is willing to meet with you at the drop of a dime if you have questions. We have adjusted my treatment several times, and although I am currently taking a break, I cannot wait to go back.
Go in with an open mind. Don't listen to anything you heard from others. Dr. Russell is amazing.
Clomid, with increases when I was not responding due to better success rates. IUI (4 times). IVF discussions - have not started treatment yet because I cannot afford it currently.
Each IUI, after insurance, costs me around $350.
did not discuss this
Milford

They [DE Inst for Repro Med] are very friendly. They are very private and make you feel comfortable and are compassionate about everyone’s case individually and as a whole. They go over your insurance process first so you know what to expect before you even begin to wonder and stress. They give you all options and do not pressure you into anything... Dr Russell was very knowledgeable and was ready for all questions and answers. He was not pushy and gave all options including no treatment
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are very friendly. They are very private and make you feel comfortable and are compassionate about everyone’s case individually and as a whole. They go over your insurance process first so you know what to expect before you even begin to wonder and stress. They give you all options and do not pressure you into anything
They had my files from my OBGYN so knew a lot of information. They talked real talk and also joked around
They were very friendly funny and knowledgeable
Dr Russell was very knowledgeable and was ready for all questions and answers. He was not pushy and gave all options including no treatment at all. Very funny and could even draw and write upside down
Amazing, great bed side manner and great doctor who is compassionate and right down to business
Found 2 out of 3 miscarriages were genetic abnormalities. Suggested IVF or we can continue trying but not sure how many additional miscarriages will occur before we carry a child to term. Currently undergoing tests and then let them know our choice at our next sit down
All costs were covered with a copay except IVF treatment
Milford

The clinical staff [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was terrific...[nurses were] Extremely caring and supportive...Very organized, and compassionate staff. After many years of working with them I learned they work hard to make sure, you are informed and have everything you need. There is always someone to contact if you have questions or concerns... High protein diet. Hormone injections, suppositories, oral meds. Staff was supportive on how to administer meds and purpose of meds.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinical staff was terrific Dr. Russell explained everything as we went through the process.
Extremely caring and supportive.
He was blunt, and took time to explain everything when questions were asked. He is not warm and fuzzy, but I didn't need that. He has a dry sense of humor, but I promise it's there. I would use his services again if needed. Over the years I worked with him for our infertility needs, I came to realize he does actually care, for his patients.
He dosent sugar coat things, so don't expect him to hold your hand. However he is extremly professional and great at what he does. He is very intelligent when it comes to clinical expertise.
9,000 for retrieval procedure. About 10,000 grand for meds.

PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Newark] was amazing! Everyone was so helpful and nice and friendly and caring. They bend over backwards And make you feel like you are their only and most important patient. It felt like a family being in there and i enjoyed going to every app... Everyone was so incredibly helpful and caring and accomadating. I felt so loved and cared for and that they were really concerned about me and wanted me to get pregnant so bad! Everyone was always so happy and pleasant and willing to help!
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was amazing! Everyone was so helpful and nice and friendly and caring. They bend over backwards And make you feel like you are their only and most important patient. It felt like a family being in there and i enjoyed going to every appt
He was very personal able and caring and made my care plan unique and specialized to my situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie and Deb)
I had a great experience that resulted in our son. It was a long course and i had a very complicated situation but dr Russell never gave up hope and always had a plan and idea to keep us going! He never gave up until we got me pregnant. He was so caring and concerned and compassionate
Never give up hope.., it will happen for you too!
Clomid, tubal opening surgery and laparoscopy, 4 egg retrieval’s one with a hyoersensivuty reaction, 3 failed IVFs, egg drilling surgery, 1 IUI with a chemical pregnancy, next IUI gave us our son
Over $35000

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
This clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is great for a personal experience, the receptionist greats you by name and is always friendly. Because it's a smaller clinic and they are so helpful with each patient, at times you may spend more time in the office than originally planned...The costs were lower compared to other researched clinics...The staff is very friendly and kind. They make every effort to show compassion and ease your mind during each visit.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is great for a personal experience, the receptionist greats you by name and is always friendly. Because it's a smaller clinic and they are so helpful with each patient, at times you may spend more time in the office than originally planned.
Both the staff and doctor are personable and friendly, ease my mind and explain everything in detail.
He is knowledgeable and willing to help in any way he can, both medically and financially. He is often quick to leave the exam room, but the nurses take over and hold your hand through the process. I feel confident in his ability to guide me on this journey.
He is to the point, he will do his best to get answers and then advise on the most successful treatment options. He is willing to go at your pace, regardless of what it may do to his stats.
We started slow with natural intercourse/ovulation monitoring then worked our way up the Clomid latter. He is willing to be more aggressive, once we are ready.
The costs were lower compared to other researched clinics.
They prefer eSET after PGS testing. They are willing to transfer multiple embryos if patient has had previously failed transfers.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med] did not prevent babies from cooming into the office. I think this is a real struggle emotionally for patients to deal with. They also never told me about credits on my account unless I asked.... The nursing staff did there job and ran a smooth operation... .The staff decided to focus on my ovulation and not both of the problems (ovulation and morphology).
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic did not prevent babies from cooming into the office. I think this is a real struggle emotionally for patients to deal with. They also never told me about credits on my account unless I asked.
He had his own practice, so besides the nurses, he was not visible unless it was a procedure. He was in and out not much conversation.
The nursing staff did there job and ran a smooth operation.
He was detailed in one procedure I had with him. Not much else to say as I did not see if often. The nurses were my primary care for my appointments. The Dr. seemed to have a lot going on. He was very busy most of the time.
Understand that he will be there fir you during big procedures only. His ties are cute.
He knew I was not able to do ivf due to finances. So we just went through the process of taking injectables and Clomid. I have pcos, so the results were not as expected. My spouse was never treated for his morphology and we were unaware of his problem during my 5-6 cycles of Clomid.
I was under diagnostic so most things were covered, only had a copay

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The hours [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med-Newark] were from 7 to 3pm, but the did come in on the weekend for transfers due to you cycle which I thought was nice. Office staff have been there for years which means they love their job.... They [the nurses] were wonderful. They cried with me when I had my chemical pregnancy and celebrated when I had my little girl. I brought her to the office and everyone was overjoyed to see her
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The hours were from 7 to 3pm, but the did come in on the weekend for transfers due to you cycle which I thought was nice. Office staff have been there for years which means they love their job.
The office called me everyday to give me updates on my embryos!
They were wonderful. They cried with me when I had my chemical pregnancy and celebrated when I had my little girl. I brought her to the office and everyone was overjoyed to see her
When I had my chemical pregnancy he told me it will be ok. He gave me time to process it and he was the one that did my surgery. I saw him with all 3 transfers and each time he said today Stacy I’m going get you pregnant. He made me smile
Be prepared for ups and downs it is a journey. I am so thankful that Delaware Now has coverage for IVF. I had to pay out of pocket. However the office gave me a discount because of where I worked
He has a coordinated who will sit down with you and your partner and explain everything. You also have nutrition education.
$35,000+
The maximum that Dr Russell would implant was 2 at a time

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Everyone I saw was very nice. Sometimes the wait was long and the hours are not always convenient. They [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] do not allow children in the Waiting room which is great.... Monitoring appointments are in the morning. Sometimes it's hard due to work.... I saw Celina the most and she is great! Always takes the time to answer all my questions.... Dr Russell goes fast so take good notes.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I saw was very nice. Sometimes the wait was long and the hours are not always convenient. They do not allow children in the Waiting room which is great. Dr Russell goes fast so take good notes.
He takes time to explain everything.
I am in the middle of an ivf cycle now. Waiting to see if any of my eggs make it to blast. Dr Russell was very concerned for me during egg retrieval since I am a Coumadin patient. He met with me several times to discuss risks and how he wanted to proceed.
Take really good notes because he goes fast.
I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning. Sometimes it's hard due to work.
It's expensive. All things infertility are.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I have nothing but great things to say. ... I had some urgent issues after the transfer and they gently got me through everything. If I called with a concern they saw me immediately and never made me wait with worry. ... [Cost of treatment] I believe it was around 10 thousand. ... They [nursing staff] were all extremely nice and compassionate. It felt like they really cared about me.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I have nothing but great things to say. There isn't one negative thing I can think of. I had some urgent issues after the transfer and they gently got me through everything. If I called with a concern they saw me immediately and never made me wait with worry.
He is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever encountered. He and his staff made me feel like the most important person in the world and took amazing care of me.
They were all extremely nice and compassionate. It felt like they really cared about me.
He was very straightforward when explaining everything but compassionate and understanding at the same time. He was confident in the procedures but not to the point of being arrogant. He made me feel like I could trust his work and he was going to help me through the entire process.
He is the most well rounded doctor I have ever encountered.
I believe it was around 10 thousand.
He definitely educated us on the difference and did not make me feel pressured at all on our choice.

1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Patience is a virtue. Scheduling can be wonky [at DE Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. But everyone is so nice and understanding. They see a lot of tears and are there for a shoulder to lean on. Seeing these people three to four times a day you develop relationships with them.... The entire staff is wonderful but the individualized care from the assisted reproductive and ivf staff were above and beyond.
1 IUI, IVF, Egg Freezing, Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Patience is a virtue. Scheduling can be wonky. But everyone is so nice and understanding. They see a lot of tears and are there for a shoulder to lean on. Seeing these people three to four times a day you develop relationships with them.
Individualized care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Rainey )
Dr Russell and his staff take their time and communicate well. His PA Lauren is wonderful as well and we enjoy seeing her. We see her every time and dr Russell infrequently but that is ok, he is the one who makes the decisions and sends out instructions after each visit.
Be patient, he is very sure he can get you pregnant but sometimes it gets your hopes up for a quick pregnancy.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Used the latest techniques and technology. Office [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is clean but could use a facelift. Only bad side is waiting for appointment sometimes can be longer than 15 mins and they only have morning hours most days. It worked for me and I felt like I received excellent care.... Medical assistants, nurse practitioners and physicians assistant were all wonderful
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Used the latest techniques and technology. Office is clean but could use a facelift. Only bad side is waiting for appointment sometimes can be longer than 15 mins and they only have morning hours most days. It worked for me and I felt like I received excellent care.
The staff was very caring
Helped me understand my infertility issue. Explained the procedures. Willing to have consults if I had questions. listened to my questions and concerns. Came in on the weekend to see me. Only bad part was wait time sometimes.
He has a lot of experience. Trust his judgement and advice.
My insurance covered my treatment fortunately but I reeebr there was a flat fee that covered the visits and insemination if my insurance wouldn’t cover it. It was cheaper than other places I looked at.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [DE Inst. for Repro Med] is much more organized than another clinic I previously went to. They are always good about scheduling an appointment at the last minute, and they are on time for the appointments 99% of the time. I appreciate that I am typically in and out relatively quickly. The staff are also very nice and helpful. ... I sometimes feel like little details get lost in communication from one nurse to the next, and so sometimes I have to repeat myself or make sure I keep track of the details so they don't get list.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is much more organized than another clinic I previously went to. They are always good about scheduling an appointment at the last minute, and they are on time for the appointments 99% of the time. I appreciate that I am typically in and out relatively quickly. The staff are also very nice and helpful.
The staff knewmy name and remembered me from the beginning. I always see the same staff, rather than seeing new people at each visit like I did at another clinic.
The nurses are overall very nice and helpful. I appreciate that they treat me like a person and care about my outcomes. I sometimes feel like little details get lost in communication from one nurse to the next, and so sometimes I have to repeat myself or make sure I keep track of the details so they don't get list.
Dr. Russell seems very knowledgeable. I appreciate his candid manner and his expertise. I wish he had better bedside manner - I am not sure he knows or remembers how emotionally difficult this process is for patients,
Be ready to listen to Dr. Russell but also be your own advocate. Remember that you are in charge of your fertility, and you know yourself and your body better than anyone else.
I used menopur in the morning and gonal-F in the evening for around 9 days before doing the Lupron trigger shot.
I am in the middle of a round of IVF. 75% of the costs are covered by my insurance. The retrieval and one transferwill be around 3,500 out of pocket, with an additional 3,000 for genetic testing and an additional 2500 for medications.
I have not discussed this yet with Dr. Russell.

6 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Everyone at Dr. Russell's office [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is wonderful to work with. We felt like family and always knew what was going on...The clinic is organized, clean, well decorated, and has incredibly wonderful office hours. We never waited too long to be seen and could get my appointments in before work. The front desk staff is wonderful and kind. They make a point to acknowledge you and even to get to know you.
6 IUI, 1 Embryo Freezing, IVF
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Russell was wonderful to work with. In the past I had a miscarriage and he was warm and caring. When we graduated from the clinic to see our Ob he even gave me a hug. He is smart, kind, and amazing at what he does. Due to this we always felt like humans and never like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
Everyone at Dr. Russell's office is wonderful to work with. We felt like family and always knew what was going on.
Dr. Russell is a very intelligent, resourceful, and hardworking doctor. He always made us feel like we mattered, and that he wanted to help us get our dream, almost as much as we wanted it. He is to the point, which I respect and like.
Always remember to listen to what he is saying. Although it may be hard to hear and manage do EVERYTHING he says as he says it.
We did an egg retrieval and adjusted the meds and shots as needed. I did steroids and antibiotics too.
Due to insurance reasons we paid cash for our IVF Cycle. It was approximately $12,000 and got us our baby boy!
Due to my age and other medical factors we did a single embryo transfer and discussed this with Dr. Russell before.

3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological
Their [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Newark] strengths are communication, compassion and reliability. Their support during the ups and downs were vital when going through each step of the way when emotions run high and stress can get to be unbearable at times along the way.... This staff is absolutely amazing! We couldn't have made it through this journey without each of them.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Their strengths are communication, compassion and reliability. Their support during the ups and downs were vital when going through each step of the way when emotions run high and stress can get to be unbearable at times along the way.
Family
My doctor has been straight forward and targeted my care with my best interests in mind. We always worked as a team and consulted directly as we altered the plan for care along the way. I've always felt safe and confident while attaining treatments under my doctors direction.
Communication and open mindedness are two top qualities you will need to possess as you enter this journey with my doctor.
I've had so manybover the last 5 years that it's hard to name them all specifically. I've done natural with chlomid, IUI and donar egg ivf to name a few. So far, I've not had a full term preganancy with a baby in my arms yet!
Oh well over $50,000by now and counting. We have had high copays, medications, IUI, and IVF donar egg costs which were hefty.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
It [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was the cheapest in the area...It’s very busy so sometimes you have to sit for appointments but overall it is a wonderful clinic with a great and caring staff...They [nurses] are wonderful and kind...He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] likes to do one [embryo transfer]...took the time to talk to me and get to know me and my history...was very honest and had me see a nutritionist, which I believe helped me conceiv
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s very busy so sometimes you have to sit for appointments but overall it is a wonderful clinic with a great and caring staff. They aren’t just trying to gouge you for money. They really actually care.
He took the time to talk to me and get to know me and my history.
They are wonderful and kind.
He was very honest and had me see a nutritionist , which I believe helped me conceive. He was great. He took the time to look over my history and had suggestions that actually worked and helped. His protein diet works its amazing and a great way of life.
Never give up just keep trying and don’t lose faith. Get your diet under control for egg quality.
He had me start a protein diet and stay on it for a few months before starting an IVF cycle well by the second month of the high protein diet I was pregnant.
It was the cheapest in the area.
He likes to do one.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
[Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med-Newark is] Hard to find, that's the only downside. I live everything else about it. They get you appointments promptly and are very caring team! It took us over 6 months to choose a path. And even once we faced complications the team was supporting and continued to work with us.... Dr Russell told me the Drs who refused to work with us were weenies! This made me smile,,and changed my mood instantly. I went in hopeless. And came out with several options. He has no doubts in the options he offered, and that I admire!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
He spoke in typical language. Reviewed my history, and gave us several options to move fwd with. He told me the other Dr who turned us away were wrong, and to not be discouraged.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Charlotte)
Keeps in,touch and always gets me the info I request.
Don't wait, go see him first!!
All standard treatment, lab work ups and councillor options.
He's very much for SET, however I'm very much for 2. This is a battle we shall have!

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
They [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Milford] always had times available when called. The wait could be rather long but with time sensitive issues it is understandable. They have different locations available which is very convenient as well.... They [the staff at DIRM] were always very personal and knew your name and asked about your day
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They always had times available when called. The wait could be rather long but with time sensitive issues it is understandable. They have different locations available which is very convenient as well.
They were always very personal and knew your name and asked about your day
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celena)
Very compassionate and patient explained every thing necessary
He has been practicing for years and knows his stuff. He evaluates your situation as a whole and was sure to figure out why before proceeding with something that would not work just to do it. We was very forthcoming and told you everything you needed to know and gave you all your options.
Make sure you ask all your questions so you are not still pondering later even if you are embarassed.
He wanted to diagnose the problem rather then just jumping into solutions. He wanted to make sure all issues were known before proceeding which was great
Around 11k
I initially thought we would do one transfer and he strongly suggested two. Which worked out just the way we had anticipated

Endometriosis, PCOS
Celina [a nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Newark] was an amazing help through the process. She's been through it herself so she can truly empathize with the patients.... Dr. Russell is extremely knowledgeable. You quickly trust his recommendations based on his deep knowledge of infertility. He is willing to be sensitive to your treatment wishes and yet still explains honestly what your chances of success are.... Very empathetic and explained the details of your treatment so you understood what was going on.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Celina was an amazing help through the process. She's been through it herself so she can truly empathize with the patients.
Take notes and write your questions down. Dr. Russell will move quickly through the conversation, however, he is willing to answer your questions.