Milford
302-424-6645
4745 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
302.738.4600

Well versed physician, however, my case encountered challenges from the start of the cycle. I wasn't offered many solutions outside of surgery and Dr. Russell didn't seem interested in exploring other options.... I would advise to go to Dr. Russell only if you're ok with not having much say in regards to your treatment and treatment options... I started an IVF cycle and suddenly developed a tubal blockage that wasn't seen on scans prior to starting injections. On day three the cycle was cancelled and I was advised to have surgery. There were no other options provided to me outside of surgery in order to move forward with the IVF.
Long wait times at this clinic [DIRM] and set IVF cycles, very little flexibility. There are not many if any alternative options afforded to patients if the first option offered is not viable. Nurses are kind and very helpful, the fertility doctor is very busy and the IVF coordinator is difficult to get a hold of when needed.... It was difficult to arrange to start the IVF medications and to start my cycle I had to call several times to get specifics. I informed the coordinator that I was paying out of pocket, but still full priced expensive medications were ordered instead of the reduced price medications.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Russell is the only doctor in the center, so he is very busy. He was always responsive, however, I felt he was unable to give me the specific attention I needed for unique case.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Russell used in your cycles at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff are very carrying. The IVF coordinator is extremely busy and seems to be a bit overwhelmed. The nursing staff were always responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Long wait times at this clinic and set IVF cycles, very little flexibility. There are not many if any alternative options afforded to patients if the first option offered is not viable. Nurses are kind and very helpful, the fertility doctor is very busy and the IVF coordinator is difficult to get a hold of when needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
9,000 for the cycle and 5,000 for the medications
Describe Jeffrey Russell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This doctor seems to only do frozen single embryo transfers
What specific things went wrong at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Milford

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Russell] takes time to explain everything.... I am in the middle of an ivf cycle now. Waiting to see if any of my eggs make it to blast. Dr Russell was very concerned for me during egg retrieval since I am a Coumadin patient. He met with me several times to discuss risks and how he wanted to proceed.... I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.... I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.
Everyone I saw was very nice. Sometimes the wait was long and the hours are not always convenient. They [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] do not allow children in the Waiting room which is great.... Monitoring appointments are in the morning. Sometimes it's hard due to work.... I saw Celina the most and she is great! Always takes the time to answer all my questions.... Dr Russell goes fast so take good notes.
Take really good notes because he goes fast.
He takes time to explain everything.
I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I saw was very nice. Sometimes the wait was long and the hours are not always convenient. They do not allow children in the Waiting room which is great. Dr Russell goes fast so take good notes.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning. Sometimes it's hard due to work.
It's expensive. All things infertility are.
2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] was passionate about what he does and understands the options. I didn’t receive the outcome that I was hoping for and I felt that my options we limited because of financing. I am not sure there are other options out there because he only offered me IUI or IVF. He kept telling me there was no reason I wouldn’t get pregnant through IUI and each cycle was unsuccessful...Clomid was taken to induce egg release and I was monitored for ovulation. I took trigger shot anywhere from 12 to 36 hours before insemination.
[My costs at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine were] All out of pocket. $2,500 per IUI not including medication or visits leading up to the IUI...Celina was absolutely the best. I saw her in Milford and when I had to travel to Newark it was more that I had to work around their schedule which interfered with work other obligations...Financing was huge for me...I wished that was described to us better...She [nurse] was calm and personal. When delivering news she did so gracefully. She shared her own personal stories and journey and really made me relax about the whole treatment.
He was passionate about what he does and understands the options. I didn’t receive the outcome that I was hoping for and I felt that my options we limited because of financing. I am not sure there are other options out there because he only offered me IUI or IVF. He kept telling me there was no reason I wouldn’t get pregnant through IUI and each cycle was unsuccessful.
Make sure you know how much you have to spend and see what options you have with that budget.
He runs a super busy office and at times he was in and out and I didn’t feel he felt how hard this was for me to talk about and to go through. But I felt like his bottom line was in line with mine. We both wanted positive results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina)
She was calm and personal. When delivering news she did so gracefully. She shared her own personal stories and journey and really made me relax about the whole treatment.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Celina was absolutely the best. I saw her in Milford and when I had to travel to Newark it was more that I had to work around their schedule which interfered with work other obligations. Of course this was my number one priority I would have appreciated a little more flexibility. Financing was huge for me. I know that is not the case for everyone, but I wished that was described to us better.
Newark

I appreciate his candid manner and his expertise. ... Dr. Russell seems very knowledgeable. ... I wish he had better bedside manner - I am not sure he knows or remembers how emotionally difficult this process is for patients, ... Be ready to listen to Dr. Russell but also be your own advocate. ... I used menopur in the morning and gonal-F in the evening for around 9 days before doing the Lupron trigger shot.
The clinic [DE Inst. for Repro Med] is much more organized than another clinic I previously went to. They are always good about scheduling an appointment at the last minute, and they are on time for the appointments 99% of the time. I appreciate that I am typically in and out relatively quickly. The staff are also very nice and helpful. ... I sometimes feel like little details get lost in communication from one nurse to the next, and so sometimes I have to repeat myself or make sure I keep track of the details so they don't get list.
Dr. Russell seems very knowledgeable. I appreciate his candid manner and his expertise. I wish he had better bedside manner - I am not sure he knows or remembers how emotionally difficult this process is for patients,
Be ready to listen to Dr. Russell but also be your own advocate. Remember that you are in charge of your fertility, and you know yourself and your body better than anyone else.
The staff knewmy name and remembered me from the beginning. I always see the same staff, rather than seeing new people at each visit like I did at another clinic.
The nurses are overall very nice and helpful. I appreciate that they treat me like a person and care about my outcomes. I sometimes feel like little details get lost in communication from one nurse to the next, and so sometimes I have to repeat myself or make sure I keep track of the details so they don't get list.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is much more organized than another clinic I previously went to. They are always good about scheduling an appointment at the last minute, and they are on time for the appointments 99% of the time. I appreciate that I am typically in and out relatively quickly. The staff are also very nice and helpful.
I am in the middle of a round of IVF. 75% of the costs are covered by my insurance. The retrieval and one transferwill be around 3,500 out of pocket, with an additional 3,000 for genetic testing and an additional 2500 for medications.
I have not discussed this yet with Dr. Russell.