Milford
4745 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
302.738.4600

2010 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Russell is extremely smart and knowledgeable which to the a sensitive person can be off putting. However, my husband and I found comfort in that he was the best person to achieve our goals of having a family. When we walked into his office at the ripe old age of 38 wanting to try for a third child he actually smiled and said that we have done it before we can do it again...Be prepared to be patient because there is only one doctor performing the procedures and answering questions your appointments may not always run on time.
Every person in the office [DE Inst for Repro Med] was incolved in the IVF process was on the same page. They knew my name and my husbands name. They greeted us warmly and were genuinely excited for each of our successful rounds...[Nurses] Friendly and knowledgeable! They are still friendly and remember my name when I see them out in public...Huge strength is that it is a small clinic and that you always see the same faces and you always see the same doctor.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Russell is extremely smart and knowledgeable which to the a sensitive person can be off putting. However, my husband and I found comfort in that he was the best person to achieve our goals of having a family. When we walked into his office at the ripe old age of 38 wanting to try for a third child he actually smiled and said that we have done it before we can do it again. As result we now have three beautiful children.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t expect warm and fuzzy from Dr. Russell but do expect results. And in the end I would rather hold my children’s hands than a doctor’s l.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Every person in the office was incolved in the IVF process was on the same page. They knew my name and my husbands name. They greeted us warmly and were genuinely excited for each of our successful rounds.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Russell used in your cycles at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I don’t remember the IUI however with IVF we had one unsuccessful round and after that round Dr. Russell changes the medications and added a nutrition component which worked on all 3 successful rounds after.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Friendly and knowledgeable! They are still friendly and remember my name when I see them out in public😀
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Huge strength is that it is a small clinic and that you always see the same faces and you always see the same doctor. Be prepared to be patient because there is only one doctor performing the procedures and answering questions your appointments may not always run on time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Insurance covered first three rounds and $25 copay for each visit
Describe Jeffrey Russell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My first two children had two embryos transferred which resulted in single births however with my third child because we did PGS we choose to do a single embryo.

2015, Successful
With my medicated ivf cycle, dr Russell’s main strategy was to keep an eye on me to ensure my body was accepting the medication properly. I saw him every other day while undergoing injections to be monitored....He covered every aspect of fertility with me, to include diet, nutrition, exercise, and daily life. He allowed me to understand my body more to grasp how fertility works and evolves.
The entire staff [DIRM] knew me by name and knew my medical history. I never had to repeat myself. The nursing staff always called me after appointments to check in on how I was doing.... I was thankful that they had a smaller clinic closer to my house where I was able to have checkups and standard appointments. I only had to travel to the farthest clinic 2-3 times maximum.
Dr Russell was incredibly knowledgeable in his field. He has a true passion for the fertility world. He made me feel mattered as a patient. He covered every aspect of fertility with me, to include diet, nutrition, exercise, and daily life. He allowed me to understand my body more to grasp how fertility works and evolves.
Come with questions ready and do not shy from asking them. Dr Russell is very forth coming with his information and blunt about what is going on. He has a great bedside manner but will still tell you how things really are. He loves to answer questions and help in all areas of overall well-being and health.
The entire staff knew me by name and knew my medical history. I never had to repeat myself. The nursing staff always called me after appointments to check in on how I was doing.
With my medicated ivf cycle, dr Russell’s main strategy was to keep an eye on me to ensure my body was accepting the medication properly. I saw him every other day while undergoing injections to be monitored. By doing this he was able to increase and decrease specific medications based on how I was reacting to these medications.
The nursing staff in general was excellent. All of them always knew who I was and greeted me in a kind manner. Upon leaving, they would call me 1-2 days after to check in on how I was doing with the process, treatment, transfer, and aftermath. They were compassionate and spoke to me like I was a human.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I live in a rural area, so, finding a clinic was hard. When I found this one, I was thankful that they had a smaller clinic closer to my house where I was able to have checkups and standard appointments. I only had to travel to the farthest clinic 2-3 times maximum. The strength is how thorough the clinic is. They constantly wanted to see me to check in, monitor, and evaluate me entirely. During my time there, everyone was engaged in my overall well being and satisfaction. The only weakness is that the clinic didn’t have a huge staff because of the clinic size. Although this was the primary reason that I chose to be seen there, many will view that as a negative aspect.
I remember my medication was about $4,000. The ivf cycle with monitoring, retrieval, and transfer was $11,000. Pgs testing was $750 let embryo from another clinic.
In my case, dr Russell preferred doing a eset because my medical condition that causes infertility would be tested out. Therefore, once we got a viable embryo, we knew my body would accept it. The staff didnsay that depending on the quality of the embryos on day 5, we could discuss doing a multiple transfer (I.e if the only viable ones I had were of lesser quality).
Newark
Dr. Russell is very up front about what you need to be the most successful, but that is what I liked about him...He was always caring and compassionate...Go in there prepared to laugh, he likes to make his patients smile and lighten the mood...I liked that he gave numbers and best outcomes, he always remained positive. It was always "when" you get pregnant. When a treatment was needed, he would give details on why and how it could increase my odds and give me the option.
staff [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were amazing during the entire process. Always greeted me with a warm smile. Even when times were tough, they were there. I had so many questions, and they always took time to answer every one of them...Everyone greeted you with a smile and always remembered your name. They were excited when you had good news. They shared moments with you!
Dr. Russell is very up front about what you need to be the most successful, but that is what I liked about him. I wanted someone who was going to help me have a baby, I wanted to know what I could do to make that happened. He was always caring and compassionate.
Go in there prepared to laugh, he likes to make his patients smile and lighten the mood. He will do his best to make your dreams come true!
Both Dr. Russell and his staff were amazing during the entire process. Always greeted me with a warm smile. Even when times were tough, they were there. I had so many questions, and they always took time to answer every one of them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Everyone is amazing! )
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff is amazing and always warm and welcoming. They schedule appointments around your schedule and call when they have results to help you feel better. If you have questions they never let you leave until you feel comfortable.
Jennifer in billing always help me navigate with my insurance and helped me with billing.
Newark
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] is knowledgeable and willing to help in any way he can, both medically and financially. He is often quick to leave the exam room, but the nurses take over and hold your hand through the process...We started slow with natural intercourse/ovulation monitoring then worked our way up the Clomid latter. He is willing to be more aggressive, once we are ready...He is to the point, he will do his best to get answers and then advise on the most successful treatment options. He is willing to go at your pace, regardless of what it may do to his stats.
This clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is great for a personal experience, the receptionist greats you by name and is always friendly. Because it's a smaller clinic and they are so helpful with each patient, at times you may spend more time in the office than originally planned...The costs were lower compared to other researched clinics...The staff is very friendly and kind. They make every effort to show compassion and ease your mind during each visit.
He is knowledgeable and willing to help in any way he can, both medically and financially. He is often quick to leave the exam room, but the nurses take over and hold your hand through the process. I feel confident in his ability to guide me on this journey.
Both the staff and doctor are personable and friendly, ease my mind and explain everything in detail.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is great for a personal experience, the receptionist greats you by name and is always friendly. Because it's a smaller clinic and they are so helpful with each patient, at times you may spend more time in the office than originally planned.
The costs were lower compared to other researched clinics.
They prefer eSET after PGS testing. They are willing to transfer multiple embryos if patient has had previously failed transfers.
Newark

Dr. Russell is very straight forward and get to the point kind of man. He was extremely helpful in our process so far! Before my egg retrieval he even made me feel more comfortable by explaining everything again to me. Hands down best DR ever! ... All the medicine he gave to me all added up with the ivf process. From the birth control to the trigger shot! ... The first appointment is a lot to take in but don’t give up on them [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] they are a great team. They will go over everything with you more then once if they have to!
The first appointment is a lot to take in but don’t give up on them they are a great team [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. They will go over everything with you more then once if they have to! Also they will work with you and around your schedule the best that they can! I work 40+ hours a week and have never missed a appointment. ... The girls in the Milford office were just amazing. They cared and listened to everything I said to them!
He will find anyway possible to make it work.
Every time I walk into the office the ladies knew my name, and we talked about real things. They are just amazing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Salina )
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The first appointment is a lot to take in but don’t give up on them they are a great team. They will go over everything with you more then once if they have to! Also they will work with you and around your schedule the best that they can! I work 40+ hours a week and have never missed a appointment. Couldn’t recommend them more !
Well I had great insurance. My insurance paid 80% so the cost to me was not as bad. The medicine how ever was a pretty penny. And even though I only have to pay 20% it’s still taking a toll on our family !
Not there yet
2015 - 2018, Successful
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] was blunt, and took time to explain everything when questions were asked. He is not warm and fuzzy, but I didn't need that. He has a dry sense of humor, but I promise it's there. I would use his services again if needed. Over the years I worked with him for our infertility needs, I came to realize he does actually care, for his patients...High protein diet. Hormone injections, suppositories, oral meds.
The clinical staff [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was terrific...[nurses were] Extremely caring and supportive...Very organized, and compassionate staff. After many years of working with them I learned they work hard to make sure, you are informed and have everything you need. There is always someone to contact if you have questions or concerns... High protein diet. Hormone injections, suppositories, oral meds. Staff was supportive on how to administer meds and purpose of meds.
He was blunt, and took time to explain everything when questions were asked. He is not warm and fuzzy, but I didn't need that. He has a dry sense of humor, but I promise it's there. I would use his services again if needed. Over the years I worked with him for our infertility needs, I came to realize he does actually care, for his patients.
He dosent sugar coat things, so don't expect him to hold your hand. However he is extremly professional and great at what he does. He is very intelligent when it comes to clinical expertise.
The clinical staff was terrific Dr. Russell explained everything as we went through the process.
Extremely caring and supportive.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
9,000 for retrieval procedure. About 10,000 grand for meds.
Newark

Dr. Russell was direct and honest and dealt with my emotions with honesty and support. I felt the plan was customized to our wishes and my medical situation. He was our second opinion and I felt more comfortable with him immediately! ... He is direct but in a good honest way. He listened to our individual concerns and inspired confidence in the plan he made for our situation. He has a good sense of humor and clearly cares about his work.
I think overall it was as pleasant an experience as possible given how hard infertility is. I don’t have any major criticism. ... Everyone [DE Inst for Repro Med] we encountered was professional and caring. That even card across in the daily voicemails during the ivf process. ... Glad he [Dr. Russell] prefers to transfer one. It’s safer for mom and baby. ... We paid about 10k out of pocket for ivf round but we had really good insurance.
He may seem blunt but he knows what he’s talking about.
As my second opinion he recommended either laparoscopic surgery to see if my tubes were blocked or to stop trying IUI and go to IVF. Not my first choice either way, but he was confident I was a good ivf candidate so we trusted his expertise.
Everyone we encountered was professional and caring. That even card across in the daily voicemails during the ivf process.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I think overall it was as pleasant an experience as possible given how hard infertility is. I don’t have any major criticism. That’s all I have to say but for some reason I have to have 200 characters. Seems silly.
We paid about 10k out of pocket for ivf round but we had really good insurance.
Glad he prefers to transfer one. It’s safer for mom and baby.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] was detailed in one procedure I had with him. Not much else to say as I did not see if often. The nurses were my primary care for my appointments. The Dr. seemed to have a lot going on. He was very busy most of the time... So we just went through the process of taking injectables and Clomid. I have pcos, so the results were not as expected. My spouse was never treated for his morphology and we were unaware of his problem during my 5-6 cycles of Clomid.
The clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med] did not prevent babies from cooming into the office. I think this is a real struggle emotionally for patients to deal with. They also never told me about credits on my account unless I asked.... The nursing staff did there job and ran a smooth operation... .The staff decided to focus on my ovulation and not both of the problems (ovulation and morphology).
He was detailed in one procedure I had with him. Not much else to say as I did not see if often. The nurses were my primary care for my appointments. The Dr. seemed to have a lot going on. He was very busy most of the time.
Understand that he will be there fir you during big procedures only. His ties are cute.
He had his own practice, so besides the nurses, he was not visible unless it was a procedure. He was in and out not much conversation.
He knew I was not able to do ivf due to finances. So we just went through the process of taking injectables and Clomid. I have pcos, so the results were not as expected. My spouse was never treated for his morphology and we were unaware of his problem during my 5-6 cycles of Clomid.
The nursing staff did there job and ran a smooth operation.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic did not prevent babies from cooming into the office. I think this is a real struggle emotionally for patients to deal with. They also never told me about credits on my account unless I asked.
I was under diagnostic so most things were covered, only had a copay
What specific things went wrong at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
2014 - 2015, Successful
When I had my chemical pregnancy he [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] told me it will be ok. He gave me time to process it and he was the one that did my surgery. I saw him with all 3 transfers and each time he said today Stacy I’m going get you pregnant. He made me smile... The maximum that Dr Russell would implant was 2 at a time... He has a coordinated who will sit down with you and your partner and explain everything. You also have nutrition education.
The hours [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med-Newark] were from 7 to 3pm, but the did come in on the weekend for transfers due to you cycle which I thought was nice. Office staff have been there for years which means they love their job.... They [the nurses] were wonderful. They cried with me when I had my chemical pregnancy and celebrated when I had my little girl. I brought her to the office and everyone was overjoyed to see her
When I had my chemical pregnancy he told me it will be ok. He gave me time to process it and he was the one that did my surgery. I saw him with all 3 transfers and each time he said today Stacy I’m going get you pregnant. He made me smile
Be prepared for ups and downs it is a journey. I am so thankful that Delaware Now has coverage for IVF. I had to pay out of pocket. However the office gave me a discount because of where I worked
The office called me everyday to give me updates on my embryos!
They were wonderful. They cried with me when I had my chemical pregnancy and celebrated when I had my little girl. I brought her to the office and everyone was overjoyed to see her
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The hours were from 7 to 3pm, but the did come in on the weekend for transfers due to you cycle which I thought was nice. Office staff have been there for years which means they love their job.
$35,000+
The maximum that Dr Russell would implant was 2 at a time

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Russell] takes time to explain everything.... I am in the middle of an ivf cycle now. Waiting to see if any of my eggs make it to blast. Dr Russell was very concerned for me during egg retrieval since I am a Coumadin patient. He met with me several times to discuss risks and how he wanted to proceed.... I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.... I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.
Everyone I saw was very nice. Sometimes the wait was long and the hours are not always convenient. They [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] do not allow children in the Waiting room which is great.... Monitoring appointments are in the morning. Sometimes it's hard due to work.... I saw Celina the most and she is great! Always takes the time to answer all my questions.... Dr Russell goes fast so take good notes.
Take really good notes because he goes fast.
He takes time to explain everything.
I used Clomid, gonal f, menopur, ganirelix and hcg trigger.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I saw was very nice. Sometimes the wait was long and the hours are not always convenient. They do not allow children in the Waiting room which is great. Dr Russell goes fast so take good notes.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring appointments are in the morning. Sometimes it's hard due to work.
It's expensive. All things infertility are.
Embryo Freezing
Dr Russell and his staff take their time and communicate well. His PA Lauren is wonderful as well and we enjoy seeing her. We see her every time and dr Russell infrequently but that is ok, he is the one who makes the decisions and sends out instructions after each visit.... Be patient, he is very sure he can get you pregnant but sometimes it gets your hopes up for a quick pregnancy.
Patience is a virtue. Scheduling can be wonky [at DE Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. But everyone is so nice and understanding. They see a lot of tears and are there for a shoulder to lean on. Seeing these people three to four times a day you develop relationships with them.... The entire staff is wonderful but the individualized care from the assisted reproductive and ivf staff were above and beyond.
Individualized care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Rainey )
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Patience is a virtue. Scheduling can be wonky. But everyone is so nice and understanding. They see a lot of tears and are there for a shoulder to lean on. Seeing these people three to four times a day you develop relationships with them.
I have prescriptions called to the wrong pharmacy, often.
Newark
He [Jeffrey Russell] has a lot of experience. Trust his judgement and advice.... Helped me understand my infertility issue. Explained the procedures. Willing to have consults if I had questions. listened to my questions and concerns. Came in on the weekend to see me. Only bad part was wait time sometimes.... Medical assistants, nurse practitioners and physicians assistant [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were all wonderful
Used the latest techniques and technology. Office [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is clean but could use a facelift. Only bad side is waiting for appointment sometimes can be longer than 15 mins and they only have morning hours most days. It worked for me and I felt like I received excellent care.... Medical assistants, nurse practitioners and physicians assistant were all wonderful
He has a lot of experience. Trust his judgement and advice.
The staff was very caring
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Used the latest techniques and technology. Office is clean but could use a facelift. Only bad side is waiting for appointment sometimes can be longer than 15 mins and they only have morning hours most days. It worked for me and I felt like I received excellent care.
My insurance covered my treatment fortunately but I reeebr there was a flat fee that covered the visits and insemination if my insurance wouldn’t cover it. It was cheaper than other places I looked at.
Newark

Due to my age and other medical factors we did a single embryo transfer and discussed this with Dr. Russell before... is a very intelligent, resourceful, and hardworking doctor. He always made us feel like we mattered, and that he wanted to help us get our dream, almost as much as we wanted it. He is to the point, which I respect and like...We did an egg retrieval and adjusted the meds and shots as needed. I did steroids and antibiotics too...
Everyone at Dr. Russell's office [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is wonderful to work with. We felt like family and always knew what was going on...The clinic is organized, clean, well decorated, and has incredibly wonderful office hours. We never waited too long to be seen and could get my appointments in before work. The front desk staff is wonderful and kind. They make a point to acknowledge you and even to get to know you.
Dr. Russell is a very intelligent, resourceful, and hardworking doctor. He always made us feel like we mattered, and that he wanted to help us get our dream, almost as much as we wanted it. He is to the point, which I respect and like.
Always remember to listen to what he is saying. Although it may be hard to hear and manage do EVERYTHING he says as he says it.
Dr. Russell was wonderful to work with. In the past I had a miscarriage and he was warm and caring. When we graduated from the clinic to see our Ob he even gave me a hug. He is smart, kind, and amazing at what he does. Due to this we always felt like humans and never like just a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren)
Everyone at Dr. Russell's office is wonderful to work with. We felt like family and always knew what was going on.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Due to insurance reasons we paid cash for our IVF Cycle. It was approximately $12,000 and got us our baby boy!
2014 - 2018, Successful
My doctor [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] has been straight forward and targeted my care with my best interests in mind. We always worked as a team and consulted directly as we altered the plan for care along the way. I've always felt safe and confident while attaining treatments under my doctors direction.... I've had so manybover the last 5 years that it's hard to name them all specifically. I've done natural with chlomid, IUI and donar egg ivf to name a few. So far, I've not had a full term preganancy with a baby in my arms yet!
Their [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Newark] strengths are communication, compassion and reliability. Their support during the ups and downs were vital when going through each step of the way when emotions run high and stress can get to be unbearable at times along the way.... This staff is absolutely amazing! We couldn't have made it through this journey without each of them.
My doctor has been straight forward and targeted my care with my best interests in mind. We always worked as a team and consulted directly as we altered the plan for care along the way. I've always felt safe and confident while attaining treatments under my doctors direction.
Communication and open mindedness are two top qualities you will need to possess as you enter this journey with my doctor.
Family
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina McHugh)
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Their strengths are communication, compassion and reliability. Their support during the ups and downs were vital when going through each step of the way when emotions run high and stress can get to be unbearable at times along the way.
Oh well over $50,000by now and counting. We have had high copays, medications, IUI, and IVF donar egg costs which were hefty.
Newark

Dr Russell told me the Drs who refused to work with us were weenies! This made me smile,,and changed my mood instantly. I went in hopeless. And came out with several options. He has no doubts in the options he offered, and that I admire!... He's very much for SET, however I'm very much for 2. This is a battle we shall have!... He spoke in typical language. Reviewed my history, and gave us several options to move fwd with. He told me the other Dr who turned us away were wrong, and to not be discouraged.
[Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med-Newark is] Hard to find, that's the only downside. I live everything else about it. They get you appointments promptly and are very caring team! It took us over 6 months to choose a path. And even once we faced complications the team was supporting and continued to work with us.... Dr Russell told me the Drs who refused to work with us were weenies! This made me smile,,and changed my mood instantly. I went in hopeless. And came out with several options. He has no doubts in the options he offered, and that I admire!
Don't wait, go see him first!!
All standard treatment, lab work ups and councillor options.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Charlotte)
Keeps in,touch and always gets me the info I request.
2014 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Russell is extremely knowledgeable. You quickly trust his recommendations based on his deep knowledge of infertility. He is willing to be sensitive to your treatment wishes and yet still explains honestly what your chances of success are.... Very empathetic and explained the details of your treatment so you understood what was going on.... Celina [a nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Newark] was an amazing help through the process. She's been through it herself so she can truly empathize with the patients.
Celina [a nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine - Newark] was an amazing help through the process. She's been through it herself so she can truly empathize with the patients.... Dr. Russell is extremely knowledgeable. You quickly trust his recommendations based on his deep knowledge of infertility. He is willing to be sensitive to your treatment wishes and yet still explains honestly what your chances of success are.... Very empathetic and explained the details of your treatment so you understood what was going on.
Take notes and write your questions down. Dr. Russell will move quickly through the conversation, however, he is willing to answer your questions.
Celina was an amazing help through the process. She's been through it herself so she can truly empathize with the patients.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
During my first round of ivf (before we knew more) Dr. Russell advised with my age he wouldn’t suggest transferring more than one. That said, the second time around we plan to transfer two. This is due to the PGS testing outcome and quality of eggs... He isnt at every appointment, especially with the IUIs, but has been at a lot of my appointments for IVF. On my first round of ivf we took a very general approach and was under the impression that we’d get a lot of eggs. Unfortunately at that point we learned that I had concerns with my AMH (unsure of why this was unknown prior) and also learned that I had low quality eggs (this wouldn’t have been known previously.) the second time around Dr. Russell was direct that it was going to be harder, but that he was going to make adjustments and stayed optimistic. I definitely felt like he would answer any questions I had. I would suggest doing your own research and coming with questions, just to have them best conversations.
The entire staff [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] , including the nurse practitioner Lauren was amazing. Angie (the ivf coordinator) I struggled with for a really long time. Her tone and approach is very direct and is unorganized at times. That said, over time I’ve learned that her tone is not intentional and that you just need to be patient with her. Danielle who has recently started helping with IVF is great! Everyone else is SO kind, I’d go to this office just for them.
Dr. Russell is very educated. He isnt at every appointment, especially with the IUIs, but has been at a lot of my appointments for IVF. On my first round of ivf we took a very general approach and was under the impression that we’d get a lot of eggs. Unfortunately at that point we learned that I had concerns with my AMH (unsure of why this was unknown prior) and also learned that I had low quality eggs (this wouldn’t have been known previously.) the second time around Dr. Russell was direct that it was going to be harder, but that he was going to make adjustments and stayed optimistic. I definitely felt like he would answer any questions I had. I would suggest doing your own research and coming with questions, just to have them best conversations.
Come prepared with your own questions, don’t expect him to be at every appointment, but still trust that he is looped into every conversation. This is not something I originally understood, but he does look at any makes final decisions.
This is my second review, I asked for the first one to be removed as I felt it wasn’t a true representation on my full journey with the office. The office does a GREAT job greeting you, remembering what you have going on medically and personally, greets you with a smile. Definitely feel like everyone has made an effort to get to know me and my husband.
The entire staff, including the nurse practitioner Lauren was amazing. Angie (the ivf coordinator) I struggled with for a really long time. Her tone and approach is very direct and is unorganized at times. That said, over time I’ve learned that her tone is not intentional and that you just need to be patient with her. Danielle who has recently started helping with IVF is great! Everyone else is SO kind, I’d go to this office just for them.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office definitely has a ton of customers and are always busy. That said, our state only has two clinics. I’d assume every location is busy like this. I really like their online portal message ability. I wish there were some updates, such as the ability to reply to messages or upload documents. Note, I use my phone to access the website versus a computer.
The office did appointments from 7:30-11:45. This has always been convenient for me.
For iui’s and first round of IVF, my coverage was 50% until I met my out of pocket and deductible. Medication and PGS not included. The second time for IVF my coverage changed and only had to pay deductible. out of pocket, and PGS
There has been some ‘issues’ with getting authorization documents to the appropriate locations. I had to actively request for them to be sent versus it being automatically sent. Was definitely a stressful time with medications and turnaround time. That said, my insurance company also played a role in this confusion and delay.

2014 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr Russell is the type of physician that gets to the point but does so with compassion. He empathizes with my worries and concerns and takes the time to help me better understand my options. He’s willing to make changes and truly listens to his patients ... He doesn’t necessarily hold your hand throughout the process but he makes certain you understand, and definitely shares in successes and helps navigate through unsuccessful plans. ...
Payments are always due at the time of appointment [DE Inst for Repro Med]. Patient portal isn’t the most user friendly but you can always find what you need with a little searching ... Easy to schedule appointments. Respectful. No matter how many times I called with questions, someone was always willing to take my call and assist me. ... We probably spent about 30,000 in the beginning betweennwork ups, IUI, mess and actual retrieval and transfer procedures the first time.
if You are looking for someone who is a pioneer to reproductive technology, he’s your guy. He doesn’t necessarily hold your hand throughout the process but he makes certain you understand, and definitely shares in successes and helps navigate through unsuccessful plans. He’s smart.
Dr Russell always takes the time to explain processes and he genuinely gets excited or upset depending on results
We tried IUI with clinic first and I didn’t respond. We then moved to another oral drug and tried again. I did respond but never got pregnant. He suggested IVF. I don’t remember which meds we used. We consented to PGS screening and successfully became pregnant with a Songle embryo frozen transfer. When we were ready to to try again, we used similar protocol but without injection progesterone. Pregnancy was unsuccessful. I had a chemical pregnancy after third transfer. Two natural chemical pregnancies before the third transfer and one natural chemical before the second. Dr Russell has been compassionate through it all and is actively working to develop a plan that will help us be successful before we transfer our last embryo. Two of the six that made it to Day 5 were chromosomally abnormal
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
Linda was always smiling and very welcoming. Angie, the IVF coordinator was organized and efficient, and very knowledgeable about my personal plan.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Friendly. Easy to schedule appointments. Respectful. No matter how many times I called with questions, someone was always willing to take my call and assist me. Payments are always due at the time of appointment. Patient portal isn’t the most user friendly but you can always find what you need with a little searching
We probably spent about 30,000 in the beginning betweennwork ups, IUI, mess and actual retrieval and transfer procedures the first time. Every dime spent was worth the little girl i get to hi each morning and kiss goodnight. Frozen transfers have cost $2500 each. Meds for frozen transfers about $50 per month. and then copays for work ups prior to transfer are $40 each with an estimated 3 visits per month
Dr Russell always told me her preferred eSET unless there were xondernsbwith the embryo quality. We opted for eSET three times. Mostly because we weren’t looking forward to having multiples
Newark

Dr Russell took the time to explain what could be going on , how we were going to find out if any of those things were going on & how we were going to fix them . He found multiple issues and made sure all issues were treated or told us how they were going to be treated at proper time . I felt he didn’t miss a single thing , and took the time to make sure I was comfortable and ready for the next steps . He was relatable to myself and my husband which is very helpful in such a sensitive situation .
The Milford office [DE Institute for Reproductive Medicine] runs very effectively, they are communicative and friendly . The plan is very straight forward and the amount of time , and energy that you must put in is no hidden secret . Blood work once to twice a week , ultrasounds , consults . I was very surprised that they did not notify me that although I had Cigna they did not cover any infertility treatments
As I mentioned before from the day of our first consult to after all of the tests were given . He explained everything throughly . And to full potential . Answered all of our questions as a couple ; and ensured we felt comfortable , secure and ready for the next steps . He was upbeat , motivating , and made a sensitive situation not so scary . It wasn’t where we had been , it’s where we were going . He promised he would helped us and he has changed our lives .
Nothing .
After our first meeting . They quickly scheduled and ordered a full lab panel , and multiple different tests to check all possible issues . There was seven things that could of been going on with my reoccurring loss and he covered every single one of them with a test . These tests were scheduled quickly and he was present at each one . After finding PCOS , ANA antibody , an infection . We took meds for the infection . Started cycle, took clomid , hcg shot injection , confirmed ovulation . Once ovulation confirmed I was placed on progesterone & baby aspirin . Once pregnancy was confirmed a steroid was prescribed . I receive ultrasounds once a week before that it was blood work . When my hcg wasn’t rising as high as they like they saw me three times that week to ensure I was not having an etopic pregnancy . So on top of everything I could not ask for better care and handeling .
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina )
Celina was so helpful and always just a phone call away . She has been doing this for a long time and it truly shows . She loves her job and loves educating others on how to take care for them selves . She always called me back & covered al concerns and answered all of our questions ... more than once . Lauren , Janet and others are always so sweet , kind , understanding , and informative . They are to the point and never hide anything. If there is ever a question they immediately call or contact Dr Russell in and always scheduled my appointments on Wednesday so dr Russell was there . If he wasn’t there , I was notified and moved to another day or would travel to Christiana . My appointments where always held on time and very quickly but if I had questions we were never rushed .
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The Milford office runs very effectively, they are communicative and friendly . The plan is very straight forward and the amount of time , and energy that you must put in is no hidden secret . Blood work once to twice a week , ultrasounds , consults . I was very surprised that they did not notify me that although I had Cigna they did not cover any infertility treatments . I admit that I should have contacted Cigna before the process started , but thought they may tell me as well .
Every blood test / consult was over 650 dollars at once a week . Blood work was over 4000 dollars . Multiple other tests done in house cost in the hundreds.
Newark

Dr. Russell found my problems quicker than my last. ... When he found out my tubes wetr blocked, he immediately wanted to jump to IVF. I suggested a lap to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled about that decision but I knew what I wanted. He agreed to do it and was able to open both tubes! I really am unsure why he wanted to jump to IVF and not try a lap but I am very happy he took my suggestion and performed the successful surgery.
Only very small downside would be is that they [DE Inst for Repro Med] are not open on weekends which could be difficult. They also pretty much only book morning appointments because I believe, the afternoon is used to call patients with results and such. ... They will get you in and out in a very timely matter. You’ll very rarely be waiting long to be seen. ... Best nursing staff I’ve experienced! Everyone is so nice and shows compassion as we go through this difficult process.
Dr. Russell found my problems quicker than my last. He listened to me and even went with my suggestions (this is not my first rodeo). When he found out my tubes wetr blocked, he immediately wanted to jump to IVF. I suggested a lap to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled about that decision but I knew what I wanted. He agreed to do it and was able to open both tubes! I really am unsure why he wanted to jump to IVF and not try a lap but I am very happy he took my suggestion and performed the successful surgery.
I would tell any infertility patient to do your research. Correcting infertility can take some time but it can be done. You need to participate at appointments and know your stuff.
Dr. Russell’s staff is second to none! They make you feel great from the time you walk in the door and listen to any and every question you have!
We started with a diagnostic cycle; to try and figure out my problem(s). He found out that my tubes were blocked and we thought that I did not ovulate (we later found out that I ovulate LATE). He wanted to do IVF because of my tubes but I suggested a lap to try to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled with my suggestion but agreed to do it! I am so glad he did because he was able to flush both tubes and open them. The surgery went very quickly. I am only on my second cycle since surgery. The first one, I did not get pregnant. Not sure about my current cycle but overall, Dr. Russell is a great doctor!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They will get you in and out in a very timely matter. You’ll very rarely be waiting long to be seen. Only very small downside would be is that they are not open on weekends which could be difficult. They also pretty much only book morning appointments because I believe, the afternoon is used to call patients with results and such.
2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] was passionate about what he does and understands the options. I didn’t receive the outcome that I was hoping for and I felt that my options we limited because of financing. I am not sure there are other options out there because he only offered me IUI or IVF. He kept telling me there was no reason I wouldn’t get pregnant through IUI and each cycle was unsuccessful...Clomid was taken to induce egg release and I was monitored for ovulation. I took trigger shot anywhere from 12 to 36 hours before insemination.
[My costs at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine were] All out of pocket. $2,500 per IUI not including medication or visits leading up to the IUI...Celina was absolutely the best. I saw her in Milford and when I had to travel to Newark it was more that I had to work around their schedule which interfered with work other obligations...Financing was huge for me...I wished that was described to us better...She [nurse] was calm and personal. When delivering news she did so gracefully. She shared her own personal stories and journey and really made me relax about the whole treatment.
He was passionate about what he does and understands the options. I didn’t receive the outcome that I was hoping for and I felt that my options we limited because of financing. I am not sure there are other options out there because he only offered me IUI or IVF. He kept telling me there was no reason I wouldn’t get pregnant through IUI and each cycle was unsuccessful.
Make sure you know how much you have to spend and see what options you have with that budget.
He runs a super busy office and at times he was in and out and I didn’t feel he felt how hard this was for me to talk about and to go through. But I felt like his bottom line was in line with mine. We both wanted positive results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina)
She was calm and personal. When delivering news she did so gracefully. She shared her own personal stories and journey and really made me relax about the whole treatment.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Celina was absolutely the best. I saw her in Milford and when I had to travel to Newark it was more that I had to work around their schedule which interfered with work other obligations. Of course this was my number one priority I would have appreciated a little more flexibility. Financing was huge for me. I know that is not the case for everyone, but I wished that was described to us better.

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Russell was the same way - he knew who you were and wanted to help you ... He takes great care of you and listens and answers to every question and concern. If i didn't understand something he broke it down. He took time with me and didnt rush me out of the room. ... During the retrieval process nothing was changed because everything was going well The first frozen transfer we transferred only 1 - however, that resulted in no pregnancy. The second transfer we transferred 2 and that resulted in a pregnancy.
Sometimes the wait was a little long. But I feel it all went smoothly in the long run. I would tell a new patient to allow themselves a little bit more time as it can get a little backed up. But most of the time you are in and out. ... The entire staff [DE Inst for Repro Med] was a pleasure to be around. When I miscarried the amount of support and compassion the ladies showed me was overwhelming. They went above and beyond my expectations.
Dr. Russell main goal is to get you pregnant. He takes great care of you and listens and answers to every question and concern. If i didn't understand something he broke it down. He took time with me and didnt rush me out of the room.
Just that he is a really good doctor.
The entire staff took the time to get to know you. After a few visits they knew you by name. Dr. Russell was the same way - he knew who you were and wanted to help you
During the retrieval process nothing was changed because everything was going well The first frozen transfer we transferred only 1 - however, that resulted in no pregnancy. The second transfer we transferred 2 and that resulted in a pregnancy. However, I lost the baby at 9 weeks. Dr. Russell made me get blood work done to find out why and we found that my body attacked the fetus. When we did our last transfer with our last 2 embryos - we had a new protocol - if that resulted in pregnancy then we were to start Heparin. It didnt get to that point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren Rainey)
There are many people that make his practice flow efficiently. The entire staff was a pleasure to be around. When I miscarried the amount of support and compassion the ladies showed me was overwhelming. They went above and beyond my expectations.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
All together I spent nearly $13,000 out of pocket for the retrieval and medications - not to mention the extra $3000 for subsequent cycles.
He discussed both options thoroughly with us. However, he knew at the end of the day it was ultimately our decision and with the amount of time we have tried he was willing to transfer how many we wanted.

2012 - 2018, Successful
When I first went to Dr. Russell, I only ended up with two embryos after egg retrieval; both were implanted, but neither stuck. At that point, I went on a high protein/whole grain only diet to improve egg quality ... I ended up with 7 embryos. ... Neither implant was successful, so I ended up doing 4 mock trials, with adjustment to medication each time. In the last mock trial, I was on very little medication (Letrizole, but no progesterone or estrace), which proved the best results. I followed that mock trial with an implant cycle, and I became pregnant (I am currently 27 weeks pregnant).
Everyone [DE Inst for Repro Med] is kind, caring, and compassionate, from the nurses, to the doctors, to the receptionists and billing directors. They clearly all work as a team, and they are very good about communication. ... [Nursing staff] Always so warm, welcoming, and kind ... [Cost of treatment] Copays through insurance, Frozen embryo storage, pre-genetic screening
He treats each patient as an individual and makes sure the treatment plan fits the patient. He adjusts the plan as results come in, which is wonderful. He called me on his personal line to make sure I knew necessary steps and information, which shows that he cares about each patient. He also always exuded confidence, yet he was always honest and upfront. I felt that if our plan didn’t work, which it sometimes didn’t, he had another idea to try.
Take things one step at a time. I didn’t always know possible outcomes because so many different things could happen. Cross each bridge as you come to it.
I consulted with Dr. Russell on many occasions about our plan, and it was obvious that the plan was tailored to my needs/results. He was caring, especially when I was going through emotional struggles.
When I first went to Dr. Russell, I only ended up with two embryos after egg retrieval; both were implanted, but neither stuck. At that point, I went on a high protein/whole grain only diet to improve egg quality ... I ended up with 7 embryos. On my next implant, two of those embryos were implanted, and one took, which resulted in a healthy baby. When I came back to Dr. Russell 4 years later, he followed the same protocol that was used in my first successful pregnancy. Neither implant was successful, so I ended up doing 4 mock trials, with adjustment to medication each time. In the last mock trial, I was on very little medication (Letrizole, but no progesterone or estrace), which proved the best results. I followed that mock trial with an implant cycle, and I became pregnant (I am currently 27 weeks pregnant).
Always so warm, welcoming, and kind
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is kind, caring, and compassionate, from the nurses, to the doctors, to the receptionists and billing directors. They clearly all work as a team, and they are very good about communication. I have no weaknesses to report.
Copays through insurance, Frozen embryo storage, pre-genetic screening
Newark

The clinic [DE Inst for Repro Med] is easily accessible and I have experienced no issues so far. I live about an hour and a half from the main location, but I’m willing to travel. That is not a problem because this is an important process. They also have a satellite office in Milford, which is very close to me. ... They all seem positive and want the best for me. Whether it’s giving me nutrition resources or support. They all have been great
I’m only partly through the process, which just includes tests. But Dr Russell has been honest and I genuinely feel cared about. During my first consult he gave me the news of my husbands very low sperm count, and that IVF would be the most promising option. I broke down and he assured me it wasn’t me and it was him, but everything would be okay. He was positive and even gave me a gentle pat on the way out. I felt at ease that he would take care of me
Hold nothing back and tell her him how you feel and what you would like.
Dr Russell gives the impresssion he genuinely cares
I have not started the IVF process.
The staff has been great. They all seem positive and want the best for me. Whether it’s giving me nutrition resources or support. They all have been great
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve just started the process which only includes testing. The clinic is easily accessible and I have experienced no issues so far. I live about an hour and a half from the main location, but I’m willing to travel. That is not a problem because this is an important process. They also have a satellite office in Milford, which is very close to me.
So far I’ve just had to under go copay costs.
I have not started the IVF process
2015 - 2018, Successful
He [Dr. Russell] is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever encountered. He and his staff [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] made me feel like the most important person in the world and took amazing care of me. ... He was very straightforward when explaining everything but compassionate and understanding at the same time. He was confident in the procedures but not to the point of being arrogant. He made me feel like I could trust his work and he was going to help me through the entire process.
I have nothing but great things to say. ... I had some urgent issues after the transfer and they gently got me through everything. If I called with a concern they saw me immediately and never made me wait with worry. ... [Cost of treatment] I believe it was around 10 thousand. ... They [nursing staff] were all extremely nice and compassionate. It felt like they really cared about me.
He is the most well rounded doctor I have ever encountered.
He is one of the most amazing doctors I have ever encountered. He and his staff made me feel like the most important person in the world and took amazing care of me.
They were all extremely nice and compassionate. It felt like they really cared about me.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I have nothing but great things to say. There isn't one negative thing I can think of. I had some urgent issues after the transfer and they gently got me through everything. If I called with a concern they saw me immediately and never made me wait with worry.
I believe it was around 10 thousand.
He definitely educated us on the difference and did not make me feel pressured at all on our choice.