556 South DuPont Boulevard
302-424-6645
4745 Ogletown-Stanton Road
Newark, DE 19713
302.738.4600

Dr. Russell was able to give us the directions information so that we knew exactly what we were doing...He is very direct. If you aren’t a fan of that, he isn’t for you. Personally I think it is wonderful. I need direct information to understand what is going on...After finding out that my only tube was blocked, he gave us the option of surgery...We choose to do IVF and hold off on the surgery
The [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] clinic itself is very clean and organized. There is a location in Milford...The staff in both places are great. They are helpful and kind. They do a round of testing before deciding treatment so you can have a consult to decide the best way to go about your infertility journey...Danielle is the IVF coordinator. She tells us what we need to know for each step up the way and answers any questions we have even if she has already answered them.
How was your experience with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
After finding out that my only tube was blocked, he gave us the option of surgery, which he said may not help and then we would have to do IVF, or we could just go straight to the IVF. We choose to do IVF and hold off on the surgery. My levels were always good but because I only had one ovary they were only able to retrieve 3 eggs each stimulation cycle. On the first cycle no eggs made it to the day 5 embryo stage. We did another cycle and we got 2 out of 3 eggs that made it to the embryo stage. We had them tested they were both genetically Normal and good embryos. We transferred one and it didn’t take. We did biopsy’s to see what was wrong and found I had a bacteria and there was too much progesterone. They lowered the amount and tested for the bacteria again. Bacteria is gone but still too much progesterone. He wants to go on with a transfer of our last embryo. I’m very nervous but I put trust in his knowledge. He has always been straight forward with us and told us exactly what we needed to know. He is trying to help us create our family and I couldn’t be more thankful.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
All the nurses are friendly and able to give you information you want to know. Dr. Russell was able to give us the directions information so that we knew exactly what we were doing.
Describe the protocols Jeffrey Russell used in your cycles at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
During the stimulation process: pills, 2 injectables and a trigger shot. During transfers: progesterone injectable, estrogen pill, prenatal
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Danielle)
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic itself is very clean and organized. There is a location in Milford for those who live in southern Delaware. Some procedures have to be done in Newark but most visits can be in Milford. The staff in both places are great. They are helpful and kind. They do a round of testing before deciding treatment so you can have a consult to decide the best way to go about your infertility journey.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jeffrey Russell at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Since our insurance maxed out on the amount of coverage for meds we had to pay around 10,000 dollars for the medicines. Then for the transfers we payed an extra 500 for those medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They forgot to send in a prescription for a medicine I needed. But when I called they immediately called it in for me.
2017 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. Jeffrey Russell is] Thorough, knowledgeable, caring, honest, trustworthy, dependable, up to date on everything related to infertility, easily accessible...Used clomid and injections for my first retrieval...Mock transfer cycle with biopsy...[he]Allowed me to transfer two untested embryos after I had a failed single embryo with an untested embryo at the first clinic I went to. He informed me of the trade offs.
[nurse of Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine are] Warm and good communicators...[staff] They were encouraging...Easy to work with. Professional. On time...[cost] Price match clinics in the state and some neighboring states...Allowed me to transfer two untested embryos after I had a failed single embryo with an untested embryo at the first clinic I went to. He informed me of the trade offs.
Thorough, knowledgeable, caring, honest, trustworthy, dependable, up to date on everything related to infertility, easily accessible, optimistic, realistic. I had nothing short of a great experience as a patient.
Be open with him.
Great care by whole staff.
Used clomid and injections for my first retrieval. I think only injections for my second retrieval. Mock transfer cycle with biopsy. ERA. Baby aspirin starting two days after transfer. Medrol started around transfer but I forget when.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie)
Warm and good communicators.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They provided nothing short of great care. They were encouraging, good listeners and communicators. Cheerleaders. Warm. Knowledgeable. Compassionate. Honest. Easy to work with. Professional. On time.
Price match clinics in the state and some neighboring states.
Describe Jeffrey Russell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

2015 - 2019, Unsuccessful
If you do not fit in his [Dr. Russell] "cookie cutter" protocol you will not have success. ... In the beginning we felt like he honestly cared, but as money ran out that changed. After our first miscarriage they acted like they had it all figured out of we would just try one more time. 4 more times came, another miscarriage came, and then they admit they have absolutely no answers. We are left heartbroken and in debt up to our eyeballs.
Lack of experience [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] with male infertility, PCOS, and autoimmune issues. Lack of compassion after multiple miscarriages, failures, and thousands of dollars wasted. Strengths - Great nurses and ultrasound techs. ... Janet, Charlotte, Siobhan, Linda, and MaryBeth were excellent! The lab staff (Stephanie, Mark, and Toni) were excellent!
If you do not fit in his "cookie cutter" protocol you will not have success. Research doctors based on your specific issues and find someone with experience and success in those areas. DIRM considered both my losses as "success". I look at an empty crib and say how is that success??
In the beginning I felt like I was treated as a human, but as money ran out he seemed to lose interest in helping me.
We used menopur, gonal F, cetrotide, and possibly more. I cannot remember dosages. Between both egg retrievals 68 follicles were retrieved, but only 3 made it to blast and only 1 implanted and was normal. I did not use an HCG trigger shot (used another kind) due to risk of OHSS. Very poor protocol for us and he never changed it after the first round of poor results.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Janet, Charlotte, Siobhan, Linda, and MaryBeth were excellent! The lab staff (Stephanie, Mark, and Toni) were excellent! There was some miscommunication errors between Lauren and Dr. Russell where one would tell me one thing and the other would say the opposite. Angie was rude and talked way too fast.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Weaknesses - Communication and success! Lack of experience with male infertility, PCOS, and autoimmune issues. Lack of compassion after multiple miscarriages, failures, and thousands of dollars wasted. Strengths - Great nurses and ultrasound techs.
$10,000 for donor embryos (4) plus all medications. $19,000+ for each IVF (x2) plus copays and deductible for health insurance
He did not want to transfer more than 1 embryo the first time. After the first failed he agreed to transfer two. I was 26 and never been pregnant prior.
They lost my FMLA paperwork and failed to send it in multiple times. They had communication issues which resulted in me having to do multiple biopsies instead of just the one. That error cost me more money in time off from work, more money in prescriptions, and more pain physically.
Milford
Once doctor Russell completed my sono hsg, hysteroscopy, and following me through a cycle he put me on clomid and hcg trigger !... Doctor Russell was to the point, and factual which I appreciated. ... He made me feel at ease and confident in him and his plans. During a stressful time (being diagnosed with pcos and infertility) he made us feel so positive, optimistic and like we could handle anything.
It [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is conveniently located for people in Sussex county delaware. They are confident experts and are forward about the diagnostics, treatments, and plans. ... My nurse, Celina was like a mother to me. She was there to help and support me day after day, week after week, she was also my biggest cheerleader! When I felt like giving up she was always there to keep me going! She not only is kind, compassionate, respectful, talents, she is so much more! I can’t say enough about how much easier this woman made the whole process!
Doctor Russell was to the point, and factual which I appreciated. He later everything out on the table and where to go from there.He made me feel at ease and confident in him and his plans. During a stressful time (being diagnosed with pcos and infertility) he made us feel so positive, optimistic and like we could handle anything. He always made sure we understood everything and get a say in our care as well, which we really appreciated as we already felt in loss of control.
Have confidence in him & his team!
He always explains things so thoroughly, even draws pictures, and answers all questions, listens to our concerns & values what we think with his expert opinion to help him make our plan!
Once doctor Russell completed my sono hsg, hysteroscopy, and following me through a cycle he put me on clomid and hcg trigger! Followed me pretty much twice a week to predict and confirm ovulation, and much more.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina )
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is conveniently located for people in Sussex county delaware. They are confident experts and are forward about the diagnostics, treatments, and plans. You may only see doctor Russell 1/10 of the times your there but his staff is more than qualified to handle and questions and concerns.
$30 copay for each visit, my medications: clomid like $5, hcg like $70, progesterone suppositories like $30, my husband had $500 lab bill
2017 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I like that Dr. Russell is blunt and tells you like it is. I feel sometimes though he is to busy for me. I’ve been going for 2 years with no results. His reviews are great and because of work his office in Milford is most financially beneficial for me. ... At first he always said to use donor eggs from the beginning because of my egg quality and my husband low sperm count and the fact we could not afford genetic testing. ...
I feel the finances needs more help because she takes sometimes awhile to get back with you. ... There’s plenty of great nurses there [DE Inst for Repro Med]. I only had 2 issues the 2 years I have been there. It must have been a bad day both times. ... The newest cycle will be 25,000 plus insurance copays each visit, through the last 2 years I have put an additional 5000 or more out if you include freezing , medication co pays, doctor copays, anesthesiologists co pay, storage fee.
Don’t take to heart that he appears not compassionate he is blunt that’s his personality but I like it
Sometimes I felt rushed when I had my consultations each time. Once my husband took off from work for a meeting we had previously set up and when we get there nobody new what was going on.
At first he always said to use donor eggs from the beginning because of my egg quality and my husband low sperm count and the fact we could not afford genetic testing. First retrieval no eggs survived so no transfer before second retrieval he adjusted my medication and I had to go through a mock cycle when second retrieval came around I got 1 egg survived after the 5 day and we transferred that with no success. Then my job switched insurance and infertility is no longer covered. So we are now going to take a loan out and attempt using donor eggs.
The nursing staff have always been compassionate and helpful.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
There’s plenty of great nurses there. I only had 2 issues the 2 years I have been there. It must have been a bad day both times. I feel the finances needs more help because she takes sometimes awhile to get back with you.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
For the most part it was convenient. Some appointments were out of there control because it had to be timed just right
The newest cycle will be 25,000 plus insurance copays each visit, through the last 2 years I have put an additional 5000 or more out if you include freezing , medication co pays, doctor copays, anesthesiologists co pay, storage fee. It gets me stressed even thinking about it with still no result
I would like to use multiple embryo transfers but dr. Russell prefers just single because of the risks
Just the appointment we wanted and off for to do a Skype with finances. Then when I very first started going I really didn’t like the ivf coordinator I think her name is angel bedside manner. She just talked to you rough and at times like she was to busy for me. I talked with her about this and had no other issues. I wonder sometimes if they are just taking my money cause I keep being unsuccessful on getting a pregnancy
Newark

I fell that he [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] is very knowledgeable but I think that he could have been more involved in my care. I met with the NP clinician at my visits much more frequently than him. He did make me very comfortable during the treatments that he did perform and fully explained the procedures...I was given Clomid 25mg during all three IUI cycles. The first resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the last two were negative pregnancy test results.
The clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was always clean and all of the staff was friendly. I rarely ever had to wait past my appointment time to be called back to be seen. Everyone there always provided a timely response and was able to answer all my questions. I did not find any weaknesses in the clinic.
I fell that he is very knowledgeable but I think that he could have been more involved in my care. I met with the NP clinician at my visits much more frequently than him. He did make me very comfortable during the treatments that he did perform and fully explained the procedures.
Infertility is a long, hard road to be on. Sometimes we have to readjust our expectations of what we think our outcome might be and what we might encounter on that road but you will eventually reach your goals. I think this office will help you achieve those goals and their patient care is excellent.
They were very considerate and approached my care in a professional manner.
The nursing staff were very nice. I didn't have any negative experiences with them.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was always clean and all of the staff was friendly. I rarely ever had to wait past my appointment time to be called back to be seen. Everyone there always provided a timely response and was able to answer all my questions. I did not find any weaknesses in the clinic.
I only needed to pay my specialist copay and for my medications for my procedures.
Milford
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] rarely does multiple transfer...During my first consultation he explain the different tests that were needed for him to do a comprehensive plan of treatment. After each setback, he readjust the course of treatment and explain why. Took his time to explain what he was doing and why. He conducted the transfer and the miscarriage procedure himself...since its only one doctor, all the staff knows who you are are are very professional and warm.
They [nurses at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were very warm and gentle at the times that I needed it...Strengths: The coordinators are very knowledge, friendly, and warm. There is only one tech who is very skill. The NP Lauren is great, at each visit she would explain what she saw and the next steps. Weakness: Morning monitoring were as easily as my work like...office is small, where since its only one doctor, all the staff knows who you are are are very professional and warm.
He is very knowledge intros field.
DIRM's office is small, where since its only one doctor, all the staff knows who you are are are very professional and warm.
Sorry I don't remember the exact protocol.
They were very warm and gentle at the times that I needed it.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covered the treatment. I paid out of pocket for all the medications.
He rarely does multiple transfer

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
During my first round of ivf (before we knew more) Dr. Russell advised with my age he wouldn’t suggest transferring more than one. That said, the second time around we plan to transfer two. This is due to the PGS testing outcome and quality of eggs... He isnt at every appointment, especially with the IUIs, but has been at a lot of my appointments for IVF. On my first round of ivf we took a very general approach and was under the impression that we’d get a lot of eggs. Unfortunately at that point we learned that I had concerns with my AMH (unsure of why this was unknown prior) and also learned that I had low quality eggs (this wouldn’t have been known previously.) the second time around Dr. Russell was direct that it was going to be harder, but that he was going to make adjustments and stayed optimistic. I definitely felt like he would answer any questions I had. I would suggest doing your own research and coming with questions, just to have them best conversations.
The entire staff [at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] , including the nurse practitioner Lauren was amazing. Angie (the ivf coordinator) I struggled with for a really long time. Her tone and approach is very direct and is unorganized at times. That said, over time I’ve learned that her tone is not intentional and that you just need to be patient with her. Danielle who has recently started helping with IVF is great! Everyone else is SO kind, I’d go to this office just for them.
Dr. Russell is very educated. He isnt at every appointment, especially with the IUIs, but has been at a lot of my appointments for IVF. On my first round of ivf we took a very general approach and was under the impression that we’d get a lot of eggs. Unfortunately at that point we learned that I had concerns with my AMH (unsure of why this was unknown prior) and also learned that I had low quality eggs (this wouldn’t have been known previously.) the second time around Dr. Russell was direct that it was going to be harder, but that he was going to make adjustments and stayed optimistic. I definitely felt like he would answer any questions I had. I would suggest doing your own research and coming with questions, just to have them best conversations.
Come prepared with your own questions, don’t expect him to be at every appointment, but still trust that he is looped into every conversation. This is not something I originally understood, but he does look at any makes final decisions.
This is my second review, I asked for the first one to be removed as I felt it wasn’t a true representation on my full journey with the office. The office does a GREAT job greeting you, remembering what you have going on medically and personally, greets you with a smile. Definitely feel like everyone has made an effort to get to know me and my husband.
The entire staff, including the nurse practitioner Lauren was amazing. Angie (the ivf coordinator) I struggled with for a really long time. Her tone and approach is very direct and is unorganized at times. That said, over time I’ve learned that her tone is not intentional and that you just need to be patient with her. Danielle who has recently started helping with IVF is great! Everyone else is SO kind, I’d go to this office just for them.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office definitely has a ton of customers and are always busy. That said, our state only has two clinics. I’d assume every location is busy like this. I really like their online portal message ability. I wish there were some updates, such as the ability to reply to messages or upload documents. Note, I use my phone to access the website versus a computer.
The office did appointments from 7:30-11:45. This has always been convenient for me.
For iui’s and first round of IVF, my coverage was 50% until I met my out of pocket and deductible. Medication and PGS not included. The second time for IVF my coverage changed and only had to pay deductible. out of pocket, and PGS
There has been some ‘issues’ with getting authorization documents to the appropriate locations. I had to actively request for them to be sent versus it being automatically sent. Was definitely a stressful time with medications and turnaround time. That said, my insurance company also played a role in this confusion and delay.
Newark

Dr. Russell found my problems quicker than my last. ... When he found out my tubes wetr blocked, he immediately wanted to jump to IVF. I suggested a lap to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled about that decision but I knew what I wanted. He agreed to do it and was able to open both tubes! I really am unsure why he wanted to jump to IVF and not try a lap but I am very happy he took my suggestion and performed the successful surgery.
Only very small downside would be is that they [DE Inst for Repro Med] are not open on weekends which could be difficult. They also pretty much only book morning appointments because I believe, the afternoon is used to call patients with results and such. ... They will get you in and out in a very timely matter. You’ll very rarely be waiting long to be seen. ... Best nursing staff I’ve experienced! Everyone is so nice and shows compassion as we go through this difficult process.
Dr. Russell found my problems quicker than my last. He listened to me and even went with my suggestions (this is not my first rodeo). When he found out my tubes wetr blocked, he immediately wanted to jump to IVF. I suggested a lap to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled about that decision but I knew what I wanted. He agreed to do it and was able to open both tubes! I really am unsure why he wanted to jump to IVF and not try a lap but I am very happy he took my suggestion and performed the successful surgery.
I would tell any infertility patient to do your research. Correcting infertility can take some time but it can be done. You need to participate at appointments and know your stuff.
Dr. Russell’s staff is second to none! They make you feel great from the time you walk in the door and listen to any and every question you have!
We started with a diagnostic cycle; to try and figure out my problem(s). He found out that my tubes were blocked and we thought that I did not ovulate (we later found out that I ovulate LATE). He wanted to do IVF because of my tubes but I suggested a lap to try to open my tubes. He did not seem too thrilled with my suggestion but agreed to do it! I am so glad he did because he was able to flush both tubes and open them. The surgery went very quickly. I am only on my second cycle since surgery. The first one, I did not get pregnant. Not sure about my current cycle but overall, Dr. Russell is a great doctor!
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They will get you in and out in a very timely matter. You’ll very rarely be waiting long to be seen. Only very small downside would be is that they are not open on weekends which could be difficult. They also pretty much only book morning appointments because I believe, the afternoon is used to call patients with results and such.
Newark

Dr Russell took the time to explain what could be going on , how we were going to find out if any of those things were going on & how we were going to fix them . He found multiple issues and made sure all issues were treated or told us how they were going to be treated at proper time . I felt he didn’t miss a single thing , and took the time to make sure I was comfortable and ready for the next steps . He was relatable to myself and my husband which is very helpful in such a sensitive situation .
The Milford office [DE Institute for Reproductive Medicine] runs very effectively, they are communicative and friendly . The plan is very straight forward and the amount of time , and energy that you must put in is no hidden secret . Blood work once to twice a week , ultrasounds , consults . I was very surprised that they did not notify me that although I had Cigna they did not cover any infertility treatments
As I mentioned before from the day of our first consult to after all of the tests were given . He explained everything throughly . And to full potential . Answered all of our questions as a couple ; and ensured we felt comfortable , secure and ready for the next steps . He was upbeat , motivating , and made a sensitive situation not so scary . It wasn’t where we had been , it’s where we were going . He promised he would helped us and he has changed our lives .
Nothing .
After our first meeting . They quickly scheduled and ordered a full lab panel , and multiple different tests to check all possible issues . There was seven things that could of been going on with my reoccurring loss and he covered every single one of them with a test . These tests were scheduled quickly and he was present at each one . After finding PCOS , ANA antibody , an infection . We took meds for the infection . Started cycle, took clomid , hcg shot injection , confirmed ovulation . Once ovulation confirmed I was placed on progesterone & baby aspirin . Once pregnancy was confirmed a steroid was prescribed . I receive ultrasounds once a week before that it was blood work . When my hcg wasn’t rising as high as they like they saw me three times that week to ensure I was not having an etopic pregnancy . So on top of everything I could not ask for better care and handeling .
Celina was so helpful and always just a phone call away . She has been doing this for a long time and it truly shows . She loves her job and loves educating others on how to take care for them selves . She always called me back & covered al concerns and answered all of our questions ... more than once . Lauren , Janet and others are always so sweet , kind , understanding , and informative . They are to the point and never hide anything. If there is ever a question they immediately call or contact Dr Russell in and always scheduled my appointments on Wednesday so dr Russell was there . If he wasn’t there , I was notified and moved to another day or would travel to Christiana . My appointments where always held on time and very quickly but if I had questions we were never rushed .
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The Milford office runs very effectively, they are communicative and friendly . The plan is very straight forward and the amount of time , and energy that you must put in is no hidden secret . Blood work once to twice a week , ultrasounds , consults . I was very surprised that they did not notify me that although I had Cigna they did not cover any infertility treatments . I admit that I should have contacted Cigna before the process started , but thought they may tell me as well .
Every blood test / consult was over 650 dollars at once a week . Blood work was over 4000 dollars . Multiple other tests done in house cost in the hundreds.

2014 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr Russell is the type of physician that gets to the point but does so with compassion. He empathizes with my worries and concerns and takes the time to help me better understand my options. He’s willing to make changes and truly listens to his patients ... He doesn’t necessarily hold your hand throughout the process but he makes certain you understand, and definitely shares in successes and helps navigate through unsuccessful plans. ...
Payments are always due at the time of appointment [DE Inst for Repro Med]. Patient portal isn’t the most user friendly but you can always find what you need with a little searching ... Easy to schedule appointments. Respectful. No matter how many times I called with questions, someone was always willing to take my call and assist me. ... We probably spent about 30,000 in the beginning betweennwork ups, IUI, mess and actual retrieval and transfer procedures the first time.
if You are looking for someone who is a pioneer to reproductive technology, he’s your guy. He doesn’t necessarily hold your hand throughout the process but he makes certain you understand, and definitely shares in successes and helps navigate through unsuccessful plans. He’s smart.
Dr Russell always takes the time to explain processes and he genuinely gets excited or upset depending on results
We tried IUI with clinic first and I didn’t respond. We then moved to another oral drug and tried again. I did respond but never got pregnant. He suggested IVF. I don’t remember which meds we used. We consented to PGS screening and successfully became pregnant with a Songle embryo frozen transfer. When we were ready to to try again, we used similar protocol but without injection progesterone. Pregnancy was unsuccessful. I had a chemical pregnancy after third transfer. Two natural chemical pregnancies before the third transfer and one natural chemical before the second. Dr Russell has been compassionate through it all and is actively working to develop a plan that will help us be successful before we transfer our last embryo. Two of the six that made it to Day 5 were chromosomally abnormal
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Linda)
Linda was always smiling and very welcoming. Angie, the IVF coordinator was organized and efficient, and very knowledgeable about my personal plan.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Friendly. Easy to schedule appointments. Respectful. No matter how many times I called with questions, someone was always willing to take my call and assist me. Payments are always due at the time of appointment. Patient portal isn’t the most user friendly but you can always find what you need with a little searching
We probably spent about 30,000 in the beginning betweennwork ups, IUI, mess and actual retrieval and transfer procedures the first time. Every dime spent was worth the little girl i get to hi each morning and kiss goodnight. Frozen transfers have cost $2500 each. Meds for frozen transfers about $50 per month. and then copays for work ups prior to transfer are $40 each with an estimated 3 visits per month
Dr Russell always told me her preferred eSET unless there were xondernsbwith the embryo quality. We opted for eSET three times. Mostly because we weren’t looking forward to having multiples
2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] was passionate about what he does and understands the options. I didn’t receive the outcome that I was hoping for and I felt that my options we limited because of financing. I am not sure there are other options out there because he only offered me IUI or IVF. He kept telling me there was no reason I wouldn’t get pregnant through IUI and each cycle was unsuccessful...Clomid was taken to induce egg release and I was monitored for ovulation. I took trigger shot anywhere from 12 to 36 hours before insemination.
[My costs at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine were] All out of pocket. $2,500 per IUI not including medication or visits leading up to the IUI...Celina was absolutely the best. I saw her in Milford and when I had to travel to Newark it was more that I had to work around their schedule which interfered with work other obligations...Financing was huge for me...I wished that was described to us better...She [nurse] was calm and personal. When delivering news she did so gracefully. She shared her own personal stories and journey and really made me relax about the whole treatment.
He was passionate about what he does and understands the options. I didn’t receive the outcome that I was hoping for and I felt that my options we limited because of financing. I am not sure there are other options out there because he only offered me IUI or IVF. He kept telling me there was no reason I wouldn’t get pregnant through IUI and each cycle was unsuccessful.
Make sure you know how much you have to spend and see what options you have with that budget.
He runs a super busy office and at times he was in and out and I didn’t feel he felt how hard this was for me to talk about and to go through. But I felt like his bottom line was in line with mine. We both wanted positive results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina)
She was calm and personal. When delivering news she did so gracefully. She shared her own personal stories and journey and really made me relax about the whole treatment.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Celina was absolutely the best. I saw her in Milford and when I had to travel to Newark it was more that I had to work around their schedule which interfered with work other obligations. Of course this was my number one priority I would have appreciated a little more flexibility. Financing was huge for me. I know that is not the case for everyone, but I wished that was described to us better.
Newark

The clinic [DE Inst for Repro Med] is easily accessible and I have experienced no issues so far. I live about an hour and a half from the main location, but I’m willing to travel. That is not a problem because this is an important process. They also have a satellite office in Milford, which is very close to me. ... They all seem positive and want the best for me. Whether it’s giving me nutrition resources or support. They all have been great
I’m only partly through the process, which just includes tests. But Dr Russell has been honest and I genuinely feel cared about. During my first consult he gave me the news of my husbands very low sperm count, and that IVF would be the most promising option. I broke down and he assured me it wasn’t me and it was him, but everything would be okay. He was positive and even gave me a gentle pat on the way out. I felt at ease that he would take care of me
Hold nothing back and tell her him how you feel and what you would like.
Dr Russell gives the impresssion he genuinely cares
I have not started the IVF process.
The staff has been great. They all seem positive and want the best for me. Whether it’s giving me nutrition resources or support. They all have been great
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I’ve just started the process which only includes testing. The clinic is easily accessible and I have experienced no issues so far. I live about an hour and a half from the main location, but I’m willing to travel. That is not a problem because this is an important process. They also have a satellite office in Milford, which is very close to me.
So far I’ve just had to under go copay costs.
I have not started the IVF process
Newark

He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] likes to do one [embryo transfer]...took the time to talk to me and get to know me and my history...was very honest and had me see a nutritionist , which I believe helped me conceive. He was great. He took the time to look over my history and had suggestions that actually worked and helped. His protein diet works its amazing and a great way of life...had me start a protein diet and stay on it for a few months before starting an IVF cycle well by the second month of the high protein diet I was pregnant.
It [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was the cheapest in the area...It’s very busy so sometimes you have to sit for appointments but overall it is a wonderful clinic with a great and caring staff...They [nurses] are wonderful and kind...He [Dr. Jeffrey Russell] likes to do one [embryo transfer]...took the time to talk to me and get to know me and my history...was very honest and had me see a nutritionist, which I believe helped me conceiv
He was very honest and had me see a nutritionist , which I believe helped me conceive. He was great. He took the time to look over my history and had suggestions that actually worked and helped. His protein diet works its amazing and a great way of life.
Never give up just keep trying and don’t lose faith. Get your diet under control for egg quality.
He took the time to talk to me and get to know me and my history.
He had me start a protein diet and stay on it for a few months before starting an IVF cycle well by the second month of the high protein diet I was pregnant.
They are wonderful and kind.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s very busy so sometimes you have to sit for appointments but overall it is a wonderful clinic with a great and caring staff. They aren’t just trying to gouge you for money. They really actually care.
It was the cheapest in the area.
He likes to do one.
Newark

Dr. Russell is the only physician in the clinic which has 2 locations. My appointments were never on time as scheduled and he never seemed to read my chart before meeting with us. He is stretched way too thin for the volume of patients he sees. There’s no way for him to have a good grasp on every patients situation when he is the only one running the show...as things failed over time, he had no real answers. There was a lot of false hope given with nothing left in the end. His main focus is on protein and how the diet will cure your eggs.
Overall the clinic [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] seems overworked and understaffed. During my monitoring appointments on the weekend, every one looked tired and run down. They didn’t seem happy. The clinic does batch cycling. So everyone is stimulated at the same time. It’s such a stressful time of a woman’s life, the staff really needs to be mindful of how they appear to us.
Dr. Russell is overtly confident. Which was great in the beginning because we needed hope. However as things failed over time, he had no real answers. There was a lot of false hope given with nothing left in the end. His main focus is on protein and how the diet will cure your eggs. I found this to be completely void of actual fact as I did everything he told me and still has no viable embryos. He is pompous and makes very brash statements. He doesn’t think before he speaks. I wish I had done more research before choosing his clinic.
Do your research. Check his SART scores and success rates. He will tell you what you want to hear but doesn’t produce results.
He uses follistim 300 and microdose HCG 50 pretty frequently. Then introduces ganarelix later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Celina McHugh)
Celina is amazing and was the main reason that I stayed at the clinic for 2 cycles despite our poor outcomes. She is compassionate, and treats you as though you are the only patient there even if she has a waiting room full of people.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall the clinic seems overworked and understaffed. During my monitoring appointments on the weekend, every one looked tired and run down. They didn’t seem happy. The clinic does batch cycling. So everyone is stimulated at the same time. It’s such a stressful time of a woman’s life, the staff really needs to be mindful of how they appear to us.
PGS testing was $3,000 For up to 8 embryos. The transfer and retrieval were covered under insurance but we still had approx $6,000 in out of pocket costs including copays and deductible. The injections were so costly. We spent thousands of dollars on the medications.
He was willing to transfer more than one embryo - I think especially if they are not PGS tested so quality was unknown.
The day before my transfer, I called the coordinator to ask about my blood work and if I needed antibiotics. I was never prescribed anything and had heard I might need antibiotics. The coordinator had failed to call me and did in fact admit that I need antibiotics. She also failed to mention that I needed steroids. So at 6 Pm the night before our transfer we were driving around to different pharmacies trying to find the steroid they prescribed. It was completely inappropriate for her to wait that long and I can’t imagine what would have happened if I hadn’t called. I’m not sure I would have been given anything.
Newark

Dr. Russell has given us HOPE in process that has been very emotional, physical, and financially draining! We are confident that once the transfer occurs we will see are healthy baby in 9 months!!... After stopping the hormones before the retrieval, he was able to successful retrieve 53 eggs and I did not end up having any complications from the hypo stimulation. My ovaries healed with no problems.
At this practice [DE Institute for Reproductive Medicine] you do everything in one place which makes it more convenient especially when you have to dedicate so much time traveling back and forth through the IVF process. The hours are flexible and the start at 7:30a which makes it easy to get back to work in a good timeframe. You never have to wait a long time, even with the number of patients that come in. They are super efficient. You even get your instructions via a phone voice mailbox and through the online patient portal. They make things super convenient and are always available for questions, which is important when you going through IVF.
Prior to being treated by Dr. Russell, by GYN tried treating me with a course of fertility medication and over prescribed one of the medications, which led to distrust. He also did not explain scar tissue was a possibility after he removed my fibroids. The best thing he could have done is recommend me to Dr. Russell. Dr. Russell and his team have been nothing less than phenomenal! Dr. Russell is extremely knowledgeable and has been very dead on as my diagnosis and properly treating me. I have full confidence in him as he has restored my hope. Now we have two healthy embryos that are awaiting transfer. Instead of moving directly into the transfer, he is doing a mock cycle first to check my uterine lining to ensure it is prepared before implanting my embryo. Many doctors would not have taken the time to do this. He also strongly suggested genetics testing which I thankful we did as there were some abnormal eggs. We are taking the safe route of having one embryo implanted and will later implant the second after our first success pregnancy. I have a friend who went through 3 unsuccessful cycles of IVF with another local provider and is now with Dr. Russell and has raved about the notable difference including Dr. Russell and his team addressing proper nutrition. Dr. Russell has given us HOPE in process that has been very emotional, physical, and financially draining! We are confident that once the transfer occurs we will see are healthy baby in 9 months!!
Please be flexible with your schedule and patient in the process. All the steps that have to be taken can be overwhelming, but don't hesitate to communicate all of your concerns because the staff are always available to answer questions even after hours.
Dr. Russell and his team show genuine empathy and a caring nature. I never felt like a number even with the number of patients that come to his practice. They always greeted me by name and have taken the time to get to know me.
During the initial injections of hormones, I had to inject a total of 300mg of follistim twice daily. Initially my body did not respond, so he increased the dosage to 600mg and instantly my body responded. My body actually responded to well and I ended up going into hypo stimulation and then my medications were reduced and Dr. Russell moved me directly into egg retrieval to avoid any complications. After stopping the hormones before the retrieval, he was able to successful retrieve 53 eggs and I did not end up having any complications from the hypo stimulation. My ovaries healed with no problems.
The nursing staff have always been available to answer questions. They are also very knowledgeable. After my retrieval, Dr. Russell had to travel the next week for a conference. The Physician Assistant gave me her cell number to contact her with questions or concerns. I had to reach out to her on two different occasions over the weekend and she was very responsive. During one of my visits, I mentioned to one of the nurses that I wanted to find another GYN because of my lack of trust. She took time out to call me with names of GYN practices that specialize in handling advanced age pregnancies. She even shared with me her experience clearly understood why finding a provider that is knowledgeable and empathetic is important to me. The nursing staff always greets me and ask me how I'm feeling. Even the phlebotomist are super friendly. Everyone makes you feel super comfortable.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
At this practice, you do everything in one place which makes it more convenient especially when you have to dedicate so much time traveling back and forth through the IVF process. The hours are flexible and the start at 7:30a which makes it easy to get back to work in a good timeframe. You never have to wait a long time, even with the number of patients that come in. They are super efficient. You even get your instructions via a phone voice mailbox and through the online patient portal. They make things super convenient and are always available for questions, which is important when you going through IVF.
I never had an issue getting an appointment. On the day of my monitoring visits, I was always seen in a reasonable timeframe. Things ran very smoothly and efficiently.
Total for IVF procedure including genetic testing $16,000 about $3000 for each IUI procedure (twice), about $4000 in medication cost.
Dr. Russell is a strong advocate for single embryo transfers because of the risk factors involved with multiple. He explained that years again, they did not have the technology that they have now, so they implanted multiple embryos. He explained that multiple embryo transfers can also increase the risk of premature birth. Based on his success rates and his years of experience and research here in the US and abroad, I am fully confident that the single embryo transfer is the best option, especially with all that we have already invested. Why take the additional risk when you don't have to...
Newark

Dr Russell is very straight to the point, but provides all of the details and information necessary. I prefer this over someone who talks around in circles and just tells me what they think I'd want to hear. He's cautious but ready to move forward as long as you are.... We did 4 IUIs total. The first two I only used a trigger shot for timing. The next two we used clomid as well as the trigger shot. We moved onto IVF and my shots included menopur, gonal-F and cetrotide. He retrieved 25 eggs with 13 mature. They were concerned that I'd have Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and quickly put me on medication to avoid OHSS, which worked. We had 5 embryos to freeze and opted to do testing which resulted in only one normal embryo.
It [DE for Reproductive Medicine] is a small clinic so you always see the same familiar faces which is great. I've trusted any treatment that has been suggested. They communicate all details very well so you're never left wondering what your next steps will be and why.... The nursing staff is great and always there to listen to your fears and concerns. They go above and beyond to make you calm and comfortable. They were amazing for my egg retrieval when I just couldn't stop crying from nerves (and probably hormones too).
He is extremely straight forward and prepared to hit the ground running as long as you are. After a year of trying on our own, I was happy to have a doctor like this. Minutes after our first meeting with him, I was getting blood drawn and an ultrasound (both things that I was on board with). He doesn't force any next steps on you.
The office is on the smaller side so you got to know everyone who worked there. You would see the same individuals at each appointment so they all get to know you and your story.
We did 4 IUIs total. The first two I only used a trigger shot for timing. The next two we used clomid as well as the trigger shot. We moved onto IVF and my shots included menopur, gonal-F and cetrotide. He retrieved 25 eggs with 13 mature. They were concerned that I'd have Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome and quickly put me on medication to avoid OHSS, which worked. We had 5 embryos to freeze and opted to do testing which resulted in only one normal embryo. Because we only have one embryo, Dr Russell is being cautious and I am currently in the process of a mock cycle for the transfer. I've been on estrace and will start progesterone shortly to confirm that the timing would be perfect for a transfer. I appreciate that he is doing everything possible to ensure that this embryo implants when we do the actual transfer.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is a small clinic so you always see the same familiar faces which is great. I've trusted any treatment that has been suggested. They communicate all details very well so you're never left wondering what your next steps will be and why.
I switched insurance plans through the process. Our IUIs were out of pocket with my previous insurance but IVF has been covered by my new insurance so far. We chose to do genetic screening that my insurance did not cover so that was out of pocket. I've never seen another doctor to compare prices of the IUIs but from talking to other women, the costs seems comparable.
Newark

Dr Russell has always been very upfront and honest with my husband and myself. We believe that he truly cares if these treatments are successful and that he will consistently attempt to “tweak” our treatments based on our individual needs until we get our rainbow baby.... He builds his treatment based out of your individual needs, where you don’t feel so, “cookie cutter.”... We have done multiple rounds of 150mg Clomid, multiple cycles of Clomid and Follistim combined with intercourse. For IVF, We did 300 Follistim and 50 of Hcg daily with Ganirelix towards the end closer to retrieval.
The nursing staff at DIRM listen to my husband and myself. They connect with Dr Russell if we have questions that they can’t answer about our care (even if he is away on vacation or out of the office). During our two losses, they were very compassionate....I don’t have any weaknesses to give! We truly believe that they want us to have our rainbow baby and that they work very hard to offer us the individual treatment plans based on our needs.... Dr Russell also tests for things like Natural Killer Cells and auto immune issues that other facilities don’t always believe in,
Dr Russell has always been very upfront and honest with my husband and myself. He builds his treatment based out of your individual needs, where you don’t feel so, “cookie cutter.” If we ask questions he answers to the absolute best of his ability and we take comfort in his honesty with us.
Listen. Listen to what his recommendations for you are. If it’s diet and exercise, do it. Follow what he tells you, because he truly does want you to be successful and have the baby that you so badly want.
We have done multiple rounds of 150mg Clomid, multiple cycles of Clomid and Follistim combined with intercourse. For IVF, We did 300 Follistim and 50 of Hcg daily with Ganirelix towards the end closer to retrieval. Retrieved 14 eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, 2 made it to blast and ended up with 1 normal male embryo. We transferred him and miscarried at 6.5 weeks following ultrasound which showed gestational sac, yolk sac and fetal pole. Unfortunately, we can not afford to have any additional rounds of ivf and have no embryos left.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t have any weaknesses to give! We truly believe that they want us to have our rainbow baby and that they work very hard to offer us the individual treatment plans based on our needs. At other offices in our area, we felt like our treatment was very “cookie cutter,” and all treatments were exactly the same as the next persons. Dr Russell also tests for things like Natural Killer Cells and auto immune issues that other facilities don’t always believe in, or test for. Having four losses, Dr Russell takes our care very seriously.
Cloned cycles were mostly covered by insurance, ivf was around $7500 medications roughly $3k, PGS $3k.
Due to having only one normal, one was our only option. But had we had two healthy embryos through PGS, Dr Russell told us that he would strongly advise against placing more than one.
Newark

We used an antagonist protocol [with Dr. Jeffrey Russell] - follistim, ganirelix, and microdose hcg, and then progesterone suppositories for retrieval. Our trigger was pregnyl. We got 10 eggs, all mature. 5 made it to blastocyst stage, 3 PGS tested normal. FET progesterone suppositories and IM injections, medrol, and an antibiotic. Resulted in positive pregnancy, but miscarried at 4.5 weeks. Diagnostics showed high NK cell count and endometritis.
[Delaware Institute for Reproductive Med-Milford is] Great for scheduling appointments and getting in quickly. Great communicating with the NP or medical assistants on the phone or through email. Billing is super easy. They’re up on the latest technology and protocols and have your best interests at heart.... Egg retrieval for one cycle was $9000. Meds were about $3600. Each transfer is $3000.
He is the best in the state. Up to date with the latest science and technologies. Has a calm and friendly approach. Tells you like it is without judgment or scorn. Helps you to understand everything including each step, the science behind it, and expectations.
You are in great hands. He’s the best in the area and knows what he’s doing. Make sure to do your research at home and have questions prepared.
Everyone in the office is very friendly and down-to-earth, treats you with compassion.
We used an antagonist protocol - follistim, ganirelix, and microdose hcg, and then progesterone suppositories for retrieval. Our trigger was pregnyl. We got 10 eggs, all mature. 5 made it to blastocyst stage, 3 PGS tested normal. FET progesterone suppositories and IM injections, medrol, and an antibiotic. Resulted in positive pregnancy, but miscarried at 4.5 weeks. Diagnostics showed high NK cell count and endometritis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Angie White)
She was their IVF coordinator. She gave good and clear instructions regarding the process, timing of medications, etc. the rest of the staff are medical assistants. They are all super friendly, compassionate, and treat you like family. They’re also very good at keeping you informed and explaining everything.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We only wanted to transfer one, but he also recommended just one based on my age and good health, great embryo quality, and in case it didn’t work we could tweak it next transfer.
Milford
Dr. Russell is a busy man and runs an efficient practice. He gets straight to the point and may seem rough to hear but there is no other way to explain each persons infertility. Lauren is who we saw at most visits. Dr. Russell was present in the office.... We were encourage to only to transfer 1 embryo. My husband and I have waited 10 years to do IVF, we decided 2 embryo transfer was best for our family.
Team of nurses [Delaware Inst for Repro Med] are amazing Lauren, Celina, Mary Kate, Siobhan, Angie all communicate well with voicemails and emails. Prompt office even for the amount of volume. They are all efficient some lack bed side manner sometime since they have large groups of retrievals... Jennifer Jess at Dr. Russell’s office phenomenal she explains each cost, efficient, obtains tier overrides with insurance company, provides resources for medication.
Go to your first appt with an open mind and be ready for a journey of a lifetime.
Dr. Russell, Lauren and the complete staff treated us with care and great bedside manner. Dr. Russell gets straight to the point.
We started our process 1/2018 with consultation, 2/18 nutrition class with Lauren, 3/18 labs and scans with Celina, RN, 4/18 started medications birth control injections and Dr. appts, 5/18 continued oral meds and started stims folistim, birth control, progesterone retrieval of 24 embryos, 6/19/18 transfer day for A and B. 6/29/19 POSITIVE HCG! 7/18 continued weekly ultra sound and appts, 8/18 more appts...9/18 released to OBGYN, 10/2018 announced our pregnancy to social media, 11/18 ultra sound appts, 12/18 took a baby moon and maternity photos, 1/2019 celebrated with 3 baby showers, 2/19 Baby was born at 37 weeks and 4 days due to low amniotic fluid. We have a healthy Baby boy thanks to Dr. Russell and his team of professionals! Thank you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lauren, Celina)
Lauren, Celina, Angie and the entire team
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Team of nurses are amazing Lauren, Celina, Mary Kate, Siobhan, Angie all communicate well with voicemails and emails. Prompt office even for the amount of volume. They are all efficient some lack bed side manner sometime since they have large groups of retrievals
Jennifer Jess at Dr. Russell’s office phenomenal she explains each cost, efficient, obtains tier overrides with insurance company, provides resources for medication. My insurance was billed 38k, my out of pocket estimate 6k. One thing is the genetic testing cost. I wish were told the total cost ahead of time 3,700.
We were encourage to only to transfer 1 embryo. My husband and I have waited 10 years to do IVF, we decided 2 embryo transfer was best for our family. So I would have no regrets and financially if we were taking our chances why not 2. Dr. Russell had us sign forms.
Newark
Dr. Russell explained everything to us about our infertility journey, he helped us understand the positives and the negatives... Dr. Russell and his team are amazing, caring, knowledgeable people. They have really helped me through some difficult times, I can't say enough good things about them!! :-)...They take the time to sit and talk with you.
Dr. Russell and his team from day 1 has been extremely helpful with helping my husband and I through this infertility journey. They take the time to sit and talk with you. I highly recommend DIRM to anyone experiencing any type of infertility...Charlotte as well as the rest of Dr. Russell's team are so compassionate, informative, and willing to make your visit the best that it can possibly be. Charlotte is an amazing coordinator / person! We are very pleased we chose DIRM!
Dr. Russell explained everything to us about our infertility journey, he helped us understand the positives and the negatives. There were times when I was disappointed when we received news that we weren't pregnant, after knowing my lab and lining numbers were looking good. I later realized that this journey is trial and error, I've learned to be positive through out this. I don't blame anyone, I just never realized how much of an emotional roller coaster ride this would be. Dr. Russell and his team are amazing, caring, knowledgeable people. They have really helped me through some difficult times, I can't say enough good things about them!! :-)
Be patient, think positive, have faith, ask questions. Know that you're not the only one going through this journey and there are support classes if needed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Charlotte Lott )
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I can't honestly think of any weaknesses. The staff is very dedicated to their job and getting the patient what they want (a baby/babies). They're compassionate, understanding and willing to go that extra mile. There have been days where I wanted to give up on trying to conceive, but the staff has made me feel that this is possible.
The financial part of this process has been hard for me to swallow.
Dr. Russell transfered 1 embryo at a time. He informed that if I had multiple miscarriages, then he would consider multiple embryo transfers at once.
Newark
Dr. Russel was amazing when we met with him for a second opinion and treatment planning. He was blunt and direct in providing us information and provided us with our best options for conceptions and made my husband and I feel very confident about the treatment we would receive from him.... I appreciated his honesty and lack of sugar coated information about my diagnosis, test results, and treatment plan.
The office [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine] has quick and convenient scheduling and the online portal is easy to use. Dr. Russell Is amazing. We have No complaints thus far, and are looking forward to completing our treatment with his clinic with the support of him and his amazing staff.... We are told the cost of or donor egg treatments will be $25,000. I also receive a discounted rate because of my employer.... Every one within the practice that we’ve had exposure to has been amazing. Dr. Russell definitely surrounds himself with a stellar team.
Loved Dr. Russell’s blunt delivery of information and the confidence he had in delivering info about our best options for conception and treatment moving forward. I appreciated his honesty and lack of sugar coated information about my diagnosis, test results, and treatment plan.
I wouldn’t have any advice to give other than he is definitely worth seeing. His approach and attitude are amazing.
Dr. Russell first advised that despite my diminished ovarian reserves, we could have great success using clomid, he also informed us given the low ovarian reserve numbers and probably quality of remaining eggs IVF using my own eggs wasn’t the best option for us as it likely wouldn’t yield us a child, but that he felt fairly confident with fertility drugs and clomid we would likely have success. However due to being a genetic carrier for fragile X we discussed that we would have to weigh potential risks versus benefits. He offered IVF using donor egg as an alternative giving the best results for us to have a child, which is ultimately the route we opted to go with.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The office has quick and convenient scheduling and the online portal is easy to use. Dr. Russell Is amazing. We have No complaints thus far, and are looking forward to completing our treatment with his clinic with the support of him and his amazing staff.
No thoughts/comments yet as we haven’t started the transfer process yet.
Newark
Well versed physician, however, my case encountered challenges from the start of the cycle. I wasn't offered many solutions outside of surgery and Dr. Russell didn't seem interested in exploring other options.... I would advise to go to Dr. Russell only if you're ok with not having much say in regards to your treatment and treatment options... I started an IVF cycle and suddenly developed a tubal blockage that wasn't seen on scans prior to starting injections. On day three the cycle was cancelled and I was advised to have surgery. There were no other options provided to me outside of surgery in order to move forward with the IVF.
Long wait times at this clinic [DIRM] and set IVF cycles, very little flexibility. There are not many if any alternative options afforded to patients if the first option offered is not viable. Nurses are kind and very helpful, the fertility doctor is very busy and the IVF coordinator is difficult to get a hold of when needed.... It was difficult to arrange to start the IVF medications and to start my cycle I had to call several times to get specifics. I informed the coordinator that I was paying out of pocket, but still full priced expensive medications were ordered instead of the reduced price medications.
Dr. Russell is the only doctor in the center, so he is very busy. He was always responsive, however, I felt he was unable to give me the specific attention I needed for unique case.
The nursing staff are very carrying. The IVF coordinator is extremely busy and seems to be a bit overwhelmed. The nursing staff were always responsive and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Long wait times at this clinic and set IVF cycles, very little flexibility. There are not many if any alternative options afforded to patients if the first option offered is not viable. Nurses are kind and very helpful, the fertility doctor is very busy and the IVF coordinator is difficult to get a hold of when needed.
9,000 for the cycle and 5,000 for the medications
This doctor seems to only do frozen single embryo transfers
Milford
He [Dr. Russell] is always positive about how situation and takes everything one step at a time. He keeps me grounded and makes the new essay adjustments to my treatment. He explains things very well. His diagnostic work up is very comprehensive and during my work up discovered I have a pituitary adenoma... We first started the diagnostic work up for both my husband and myself. Discovered that my husband has male factor problems and he was started on vitamins and given examples of food to eat to help make the quality of his sperm better.
It’s a small office [Delaware Inst for Repro Med] but the staff is amazing!! It’s almost like you become friends with everyone. They always address you by first name and ask how you’re doing. They take care of you like you’re family... My experience with monitoring appointments was made super easy. The bloodwork requested was always explained to me and everything that showed on my ultrasound was explained to me. No matter how many questions I had, Celina took the time to explain every little detail.
He is always positive about how situation and takes everything one step at a time. He keeps me grounded and makes the new essay adjustments to my treatment. He explains things very well. His diagnostic work up is very comprehensive and during my work up discovered I have a pituitary adenoma
He’s awesome!
He’s very personable and understanding on how sensitive our situation is
We first started the diagnostic work up for both my husband and myself. Discovered that my husband has male factor problems and he was started on vitamins and given examples of food to eat to help make the quality of his sperm better. After my work up, I was started on 2 medications that I will take until he says stop. Both medicines help with hormones issues caused by my tumor. He monitors everything very closely and makes the nescessary adjustments to my treatment so we can have the best outcomes possible.
Celina McHugh is heaven sent. The fact that she was gone through the same treatments, makes her so much more understanding compared to everyone else. She always responds to my texts when I’m freaking out about something. She explains that everything I’m going through is normal and not to worry.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s a small office but the staff is amazing!! It’s almost like you become friends with everyone. They always address you by first name and ask how you’re doing. They take care of you like you’re family which is I think is necessary because of what you are going through. You don’t need staff that is distant and treats you like a number. We all have the same goal and everyone is doing everything in their power to make that happen
My experience with monitoring appointments was made super easy. The bloodwork requested was always explained to me and everything that showed on my ultrasound was explained to me. No matter how many questions I had, Celina took the time to explain every little detail. She should seriously write a book to help women through this process. The amount of knowledge she has is amazing.
The IUI cost $2,500 not including medications. The first IVF cycle as of now is $12,00. We haven’t done the transfer yet and that is an additional $3,000 not including medications
My doctor only does single embryo transfers.

2015 - 2018, Successful
While he[Dr. Jeffrey Russell] isn't the warmest and fuzziest doctor I have ever had, he is straight and to the point. He is very honest and does alter your protocol depending on how you are responding. I feel as though he really does want the best for his patients and isn't worried about his statistical numbers.... He has a very dry sense of humor and is fairly direct, don't let that put you off. If you do as you should and follow his protocols, he will pull out all the stops to try and get you pregnant.
I like that there are 2 locations in the state. I would love it if they [Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine-Milford] had a third location that is closer to Maryland, but thankful that they have 2. The clinics have the most state of the art equipment available.... I have never been to a doctors office whos staff cares more about their patients. They aren't only focused on how you are doing medically, but want to know how you are feeling and if you are having any trouble.
While he isn't the warmest and fuzziest doctor I have ever had, he is straight and to the point. He is very honest and does alter your protocol depending on how you are responding. I feel as though he really does want the best for his patients and isn't worried about his statistical numbers.
He and his staff always took the time to explain everything. You never feel rushed or as if they have another appointment they need to get you out for.
I don't know all the particulars off hand.
Describe your experience with Delaware Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I like that there are 2 locations in the state. I would love it if they had a third location that is closer to Maryland, but thankful that they have 2. The clinics have the most state of the art equipment available.
The biggest cost out of pocket is cryopreservation.
They favor one embryo transfer, but my husband and I have always elected to do a two embryo transfer. This has resulted in the birth of my son.