Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
6000 Sagemore Drive
856-988-0072
2950 College Drive
Vineland, NJ 08360
856-794-8080
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 3Neutral: 19.3
1 doctor
Other, Unexplained
Most of the staff [at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility and Genetics] are very friendly and I truly felt that they were invested in my care. In terms of office procedures, things often felt disorganized and I had to advocate for myself more than I expected to. I didn't always receive expected phone calls, medication dosages had to be double checked, etc.... IUI: $525, Monitoring Appointments (bloodwork/US): ~$325, IVF (retrieval, fertilization, transfer): $6500, Anesthesia: $400, Freezing/3 month storage: $750
Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics.
The office is very clean and comfortable. The staff at the desk are wonderful and very compassionate. They take early morning appointments for all monitoring, so it was very rare that I had to wait more than 5 minutes or so to be called back. This made it easy to fit appointments in with my work schedule.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George S. Taliadouros at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics?
Most of the staff are very friendly and I truly felt that they were invested in my care. In terms of office procedures, things often felt disorganized and I had to advocate for myself more than I expected to. I didn't always receive expected phone calls, medication dosages had to be double checked, etc.
I loved seeing the nursing staff at my visits, but I felt that I really had to be on top of my own care at times. A few times I didn't get expected phone calls, or didn't get meds called in as expected. As long as you're willing to stay organized and advocate for yourself, they are wonderful to work with.
What specific things went wrong at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics?
How was your experience with George S. Taliadouros at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics?
You can tell very quickly that Dr. Taliadouros truly cares about his patients. I never felt rushed when meeting with him and he always made sure I had no outstanding questions. A couple times he even called me after hours from home to answer questions or discuss test results. I often felt like I didn't know how to make the next step happen (who to call, when to call, etc.) or what my diagnosis was, but I learned to just ask as many questions as I had and Dr. Taliadouros would always answer them. Dr. Taliadouros seems to test/treat many of his patients for metabolic issues before moving foward with fertility treatments. I appreciated that he actually tried to find the root of the problem instead of just jumping into expensive treatments.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George S. Taliadouros at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics?
Ask questions. If you feel like you're in the dark about your diagnosis or treatment plan, just ask and he will answer. Since they do this all day everyday, I think sometimes the nurses/doctor forget that those of us going through this for the first time don't always know what to expect.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George S. Taliadouros at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics.
2012 - 2016
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Strengths [of Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics]: Great results, very thorough in testing and protocol. Good at adapting. Lab results always come back same day so protocol can be adjusted quickly as needed. Weaknesses: They don't always call back with results (such as beta numbers after your initial positive beta). So you do have to ask with those blood draws that they call you back. They are getting an online portal with all lab results for patients soon.
2012 - 2016
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Strengths: Great results, very thorough in testing and protocol. Good at adapting. Lab results always come back same day so protocol can be adjusted quickly as needed. Weaknesses: They don't always call back with results (such as beta numbers after your initial positive beta). So you do have to ask with those blood draws that they call you back. They are getting an online portal with all lab results for patients soon.
The staff always knew my name and we would often chat about my life and theirs. Their demeanor was similar to other patients. I always felt comfortable asking questions. They were friendly, helpful and caring.
I found they were always friendly, very kind and sympathetic when I had my miscarriage and joyous with me when I became pregnant with my current pregnancy. They were helpful and I felt as though I could ask questions.
I did not always see Dr. T. every appt. But I did see a nurse practitoner and I felt my care was always well handled by them. My IUIs were usually done by Dr T but one was done by one of the nurse practitioners. The surgeries/procedures I had done were always done by him. I always felt I was in capable hands and felt that I understood my treatment.
Make sure you ask your questions- they will not mind taking the time to answer them.
Describe the protocols George S. Taliadouros used in your cycles at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics and their degree of success.
I did not respond to clomid with my first RE. So with him I went onto Follistim. When I moved over clinics (after moving states), Dr T had me continue on follistim and then switched to Gonal F when my insurance switched what they would cover. At both clinics I was using Ganrilex to prevent premature ovulation and ovidrel as a trigger. He also added in low dose HCG which had great results in maturing my eggs so I did not overstim. I regularly had 3-4 follicles, which is a number I was pleased with (if your tolerance of risk for multiples is low you can do a less agressive cycle). From those IUI cycles- I had 1 miscarriage at 9.5 weeks due to chromosonal issues, 1 singleton live birth and am currently pregnant with healthy twins. I also had 2 overstim cycles (one before my pregnancy in 2012 and another in 2015)- due to the fact I have PCOS and it is easy for me to overstim on meds. My dosages were adjusted appropriately and following cycles went well. Incidentally, my friend is also using them (and is 7 weeks pregnant- they graduate you as a patient after 12w of pregnancy monitoring). She did not resond well to the low dose HCG protocol so they had her switch to a menopaur/gonal f combo and that changed how she responded significantly. So I really feel like they "tweak" protocols well. Mine were also tweaked but mainly in the med dosages and the difference of when to take meds (which Cycle day) with results factored in from blood and ultrasound monitoring. I always felt the monitoring and protocol were appropriate- made with your body's schedule- not limited to the dr's schedule. So the results were better then some doctors.
I had insurance coverage, so only paid a co-payment each visit.
Marlton
Overall it was a better fit for me to go to DVIFG! They were very understanding, compassionate, and I didn’t feel rushed to get out of an appointment! They are a very friendly staff, and I recommend them any time someone asks!... I was diagnosed with PCOS with DR. T. I had to undergo all the normal tests (ultrasounds, the dye test [can’t remember the name of it] but it was very time consuming).
Dr. T was so kind and explained everything multiple times when I asked him in different scenarios what was happening. He always took his time with me. I never felt rushed out of an appointment!
She was very informative and explained every step of the way with what she was doing.
I absolutely love him! He took his time with you, you were never rushed out of appointments like you feel you are being rushed with some doctors! I didn’t feel like he was there to just get another patient...he always was concerned, compassionate and felt how you we’re feeling!
It takes time! It won’t happen right away! Be patient.
I had to pay my specialist copay every time I went there. Every time I had clomid, I had to pay out of pocket for it at the pharmacy, as well as any injectables. My insurance didn’t cover most of medications affiliated with infertility.
Describe George S. Taliadouros's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
They treated me like i was a person. They knew each detail about my treatment and communication was great. Amanda was very compassionate and understanding. Took as much time as i needed to answer my questions.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with your nurse at Delaware Valley Institute of Fertility & Genetics. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
He is very nice and i love the whole staff. They talked everything over in detail with me and no questions were left unanswered.
Ask questions and be on top of your own treatment!!!