Diamond Institute for Infertility

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Goshen
973-209-9010
89 Millburn Ave
Millburn, NJ 07041
973-761-5600
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Diamond Institute for Infertility to a friend?
Male Factor, Other
The clinics strengths are locations, front desk receptionists and education of the nurses . The staff is very friendly and is willing to assist with any questions or concerns. The clinics weakness is the drawing of blood process. Since there are many nurses and nurse practioners, I think it would be in the clinics best interest to assign two (2) nurses to each patient then if you are only getting blood work drawn you can then see only one of the nurses that is assigned..
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The clinics strengths are locations, front desk receptionists and education of the nurses . The staff is very friendly and is willing to assist with any questions or concerns. The clinics weakness is the drawing of blood process. Since there are many nurses and nurse practioners, I think it would be in the clinics best interest to assign two (2) nurses to each patient then if you are only getting blood work drawn you can then see only one of the nurses that is assigned to you instead of seeing a new individual and then you may have to explain to them status of your file and why you are there.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ndidiamaka Onwubalili at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Dr. O, which is what I affectionate call her, which should also give you some indication as to my feeling as a human not a person. Dr. O is very personable and inviting. I was somewhat nervous meeting with her the first time and she put myself and all my fears in place so that I was willing to make the best decisions possible. Dr. O provides you the reality of fertility treatments and as a woman what your body goes through in dealing with changes to your hormones. Dr. O does not talk for the sake of talking, she provides a realistic approach to fertility treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Ella Roychowdhury)
Nursing staff is wonderful and Ella specifically has the best personality and we are very personable with one another.
How was your experience with Ndidiamaka Onwubalili at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
My experiences with fertility started as follows. Back in 2013 I went to a doctor in NYC and he was not personable and I left confused as to next steps. So, when I first encountered Dr. O, I was skeptical based upon my first experience. However, lets just say I was pleasantly surprised, excited and comfortable all at the same time. First the fertility clinic is about 15 to 20 minutes from my home which is great. Second, Dr. O is very personable. I explained to her what I did back in 2013 and then what I was looking to do at this time. Since as women, when you get past 35 years old, society would have you believe you are barren after that age with no other alternatives. So, I was happy to be able to explain to Dr. O that I was over 35 with no kids and that my husband has a daughter, my exes have kids but I have none of my own. So, as with most women this subject is sensitive; not to mention pressure from my mother being an only child. Therefore, Dr. O made it very easy for me to talk to her about my life experiences and my desire to have kids. I also explained to Dr. O that I was born premature and that I was not quite sure if that would affect my ability to produce a child. Dr. O started with the basic assessments which is blood work and monitoring my menstrual cycle. Then we went on to treat my fiancee with the man doctor for urinalysis etc. My overall experience with Dr. O was top notch. I just cannot move forward until I have monies to start the treatments. Dr. O is waiting on us to provide her status as to payments for the treatments and then we can take it from there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ndidiamaka Onwubalili at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Be as honest as possible as to your situation coming in for your consultation. Dr. O is a straight up individual, but with compassion so she will tell you like it is and provide you the best alternatives in the nicest way possible, so just be honest
Describe the protocols Ndidiamaka Onwubalili used in your cycles at Diamond Institute for Infertility and their degree of success.
My main treatment with Dr. O at that time was to monitor my prolactin levels. When I took my bloodwork, my prolactin levels were high so Dr. O prescribes for me to go take an MRI to make sure that they messages in my brain which produce the milk are working properly. The MRI came out positive. The next step was to start treatments but I am waiting on assistance since my insurance does not cover IVF treatments
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ndidiamaka Onwubalili at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Approx $3,000.00 thus far between the MRI test for prolactin levels, the Mulitvitamin costs, the prolactin medications, medications for my fiancee. I have yet to start treatments yet waiting on grant or additional funds to pay for treatments
Describe Ndidiamaka Onwubalili's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Dr. O believes that single embryo is healthier than multiple. My comment is I would go with the doctor's recommendation. Most women facing this issue I would think would want multiples but since Dr. O states that this is not a healthy approach then I would defer to her expertise.
Ndidiamaka Onwubalili
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
There are no complaints. They [Diamond institute] are all very friendly. The wait is not long at all and if it is the nurses and the front staff will let you know if the docs are running behind.Ive had no issues! I think all new patients will be more than satisfied. Very professional and caring. The nurses will call you the next day after any procedures to see how your recovering...[Nurse] They are all very friendly and compassionate and always have time for your questions and concerns.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
There are no complaints. They are all very friendly. The wait is not long at all and if it is the nurses and the front staff will let you know if the docs are running behind.Ive had no issues! I think all new patients will be more than satisfied. Very professional and caring. The nurses will call you the next day after any procedures to see how your recovering
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
I felt like a human because he took his time with me explained every treatment step by step and all the protocols needed to help me expand my family!!! And it was successful. Also very friendly and very understanding during this stressful period. I’m forever grateful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: I don’t have a specific nurse because they were all excellent. Tiffany, Monique, Jaryn, Ruth the big one and little one , Ella, and there’s more but I can’t remeber)
They are all very friendly and compassionate and always have time for your questions and concerns. I love them all. I cried when I was discharged. You do develop a bond with the staff
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
I have been going there for 3 years And every visit was satisfying and comfortable! Even though I had some loses on the way, Dr.Yemini made me feel very positive and assured me that all will be fine. And it sure was.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Be patient! It took me 3 years to get my baby! Dr yemini and all the Drs there will make your dream come true! I love them all
Describe the protocols Matan Yemini used in your cycles at Diamond Institute for Infertility and their degree of success.
I had about 8 iuis done with injectables. One resulted in a chemical pregnancy and the other were unsuccessful due to uterine polyps! Dr yemini recommended we do an IVF considering my age and quality of sperm! So me and my husband decided to go with it!! With injectable hormones I produced plenty of eggs. And good quality embryos which dr yemini recommend we do genetic testing being that i did suffer a chemical pregnancy which most likely was due to chromosomal abnormalities. I did end up miscarrying my first embryo that was due to a blood disorder that I had no idea I had. Thanks to the docs at diamond institute they were able to treat it and now I’m on my way to having a beautiful baby girl! (Transfer#2)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
I did have co pays due to my insurance. IVF was purchased through a plan
Millburn
The staff [Diamond Institute] is friendly and and knows me. The nurses are always happy to see me...Diamond is a full service facility. I had to have a polyp removed and they were easily able to do it for me in their surgical suite...The time available for monitoring during your cycle work well with a standard work schedule, they are available super early in the morning. The only issue is that it is hard to get consultation appointments that don't interfere with the work day.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Diamond is a full service facility. I had to have a polyp removed and they were easily able to do it for me in their surgical suite. I've never had surgery of any kind before and I would say that the procedure was seamless in my opinion. Because they have the ability to do everything on site they are super convenient. The time available for monitoring during your cycle work well with a standard work schedule, they are available super early in the morning. The only issue is that it is hard to get consultation appointments that don't interfere with the work day.
Dr. O is amazing she actually cares and makes sure that all of my questions and concern are addressed. She is always positive and up beat but realistic with me about my struggle. The staff is friendly and and knows me. The nurses are always happy to see me.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Cecile)
The nursing staff always got back to me quickly with any questions I had and I always had plenty.
Dr. O is compassionate and knowledgeable, she makes it easy to understand the circumstances and your possible options. She is always there willing to answer any questions I may have and doesn't make me feel like its a waste of time to have the conversation. I feel like she wants me to have a baby as much as I do. Its nice to feel supported by your doctor especially when there are complications or unexpected difficulties that arise.
Definitely pick Dr. O.
My insurance covered my IUI cycles we may have paid $300 out of pocket between 3 cycles, surgery and diagnostics test.
Ndidiamaka Onwubalili
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
They [Diamond Institute] are great with addressing concerns for the procedures and the whole team from anesthesia to RN get involved with the care and questions. They also work with a nearby hospital so if its a procedure they can't do there they send you to the hospital. But all retrieval and transfers are done at the clinic. Be ready to get up early...a lot of the monitoring is done first thing in the morning starting at around 6am depending on the office you are at and you will usually hear by mid afternoon any of the restults.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The clinic was a bit of a drive for us but we were lucky to have a satellite that was the next town over which was great for all the monitoring and appointments. All procedures are done at their main clinic which is in NJ. They do have a huge flight of stairs in the office in NJ so be ready...lol. The rooms are great and the waiting room is very comfy. The surgical suite on the bottom floor is cute as it reminded me of an old hospital ward. They are great with addressing concerns for the procedures and the whole team from anesthesia to RN get involved with the care and questions. They also work with a nearby hospital so if its a procedure they can't do there they send you to the hospital. But all retrieval and transfers are done at the clinic. Be ready to get up early...a lot of the monitoring is done first thing in the morning starting at around 6am depending on the office you are at and you will usually hear by mid afternoon any of the restults.
Dr Yemini was very real when he spoke with my husband and I and did what was best for us and not just because statistics said so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Ruth Katalbas and Jarryn Ferraro)
The nursing staff that I worked with was very helpful with answering questions, returning my calls, and helping me get the information I needed. They were also compassionate when delivering both good and bad news and made me feel like I had someone who really cared and hope the best for us.
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Dr Yemini was very straight forward and explained every step of the process with us from start to finish. He makes you feel comfortable with any decision you make regarding treatment. He treats you as a whole person.
Believe in him and he will help you get to where you need to be. Listen and trust in what he says, sometimes doctors do know best even if you planned differently. Be ready to do the work!
Cycle 1 - Menopur 225 mg, Follistim 150 units, and ganirelix was on this protocol for about 12 days before retrieval - 9 eggs, 5 embryos, 2 fresh transfer (failed), then did lupron, estrogen pill and patch, progesterone to prepare for 2 frozen trasnfer (failed), 1 did not survive freeze - all NON PGS tested Cycle 2 - Menopur 300 mg, Follistim 150 units, and ganirelix - was on this protocol for about 10 days before retrieval - 18 eggs, 6 embryos, 2 normal pgs tested embryos left, 1 fresh transfer (pregnant), 1 frozen pending transfer next year Progesterone support for both cycles with IM progesterone
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Monitoring appointments were a first come first serve basis, so you needed to get there early if you wanted to be done quickly. This was at any of the clinics (including satellites). You were never turned away if you were there past monitoring hours waiting. They made sure to address every patient and if would call if you were on the schedule and they hadn't seen you check in yet.
Our insurance paid for our cycles with minimal copays out of pocket for doctor visits and prescriptions through a specialty pharmacy. If there was something not covered we were informed ahead of time and paid in advance.
Describe Matan Yemini's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The first two transfers (non pgs tested) we did he suggested doing 2 embryos, but this second cycle he suggested we only transfer one this time (pgs normal hatching embryo) due to increased chance of multiples and co-morbidities I had (high bmi, boarderline high blood pressure), chance of diabetes, etc. He wanted me to have a healthy sucessful pregnancy with the least amount of complications.
Millburn
The nurse who did the venipuncture [at Diamond Institute for Infertility] was never scrubbed up, she wore unprofessional clothes, jewelry, and make up and would often feel for a vein with her un-gloved hand AFTER swabbing with alcohol. I had to ask her on three occasions to use a glove...I had some issues with my insurance processing the claims and had a very hard time getting in touch with the only person at the clinic who could tell me what to do. She would ask for emails with specific information and would only every reply that she would check on the status of my [fill in the blank] and rarely got back to me when I asked for updates...The clinic in NY seems to be based out of another practice as a satellite of Diamond and basically "telecommutes" by phone to the NJ office. They didn't have access to my bills except for the total due, they would have to call another office to answer my billing questions, to charge my card, and after monitoring hours the place basically shuts down and you have to call the other clinics.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
I had some issues with my insurance processing the claims and had a very hard time getting in touch with the only person at the clinic who could tell me what to do. She would ask for emails with specific information and would only every reply that she would check on the status of my [fill in the blank] and rarely got back to me when I asked for updates. The clinic furthest south in NJ had leaks in the ceiling of the waiting room (there was a trash can for catching water in between waiting room chairs). The clinic in NY seems to be based out of another practice as a satellite of Diamond and basically "telecommutes" by phone to the NJ office. They didn't have access to my bills except for the total due, they would have to call another office to answer my billing questions, to charge my card, and after monitoring hours the place basically shuts down and you have to call the other clinics. They also blasted the same country pop songs every morning (6am-8am) because they said they weren't allowed to change the station and wouldn't let us sit in quiet instead.
I felt like a number because we weren't given any options within IUI. We were told that we had to take clomid, the trigger shot, and do IUI. In talking to a friend who had been through it, I found out that we had an option to not use drugs or insemination, but to just be monitored. When I called to ask Doctor Yemini about this he tried to talk us out of it, the gist I got was that a cycle without drugs was pointless. I had 2 cycles with the institute and only saw him for the consultation and one other office visit. I found out through their facebook page that he was at his practice in Bremuda during my care which is why I saw other doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Janet and Stephanie)
Janet is also a no-BS kind of lady, which can be great. She is pretty direct. Stephanie was more soft-spoken and took the time to describe things/ next steps patiently. I had two very different experiences with them, but it wasn't always clear who I would talk to. The nurse who did the venipuncture was never scrubbed up, she wore unprofessional clothes, jewelry, and make up and would often feel for a vein with her un-gloved hand AFTER swabbing with alcohol. I had to ask her on three occasions to use a glove.
What specific things went wrong at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
I liked that he came off as very frank/ matter-of-fact. He spoke of statistics and dealt with my husband well. Even though I wasn't in contact with him through my care he did call me after he heard of my miscarriage and said we could go back to his practice when our "hearts are ready".
Ask him if he will be in town for the duration of your care.
For our first cycle with Dr. Yemini we, the couple, decided to do what they call a "natural" cycle where I took no drugs and they monitored the maturity of the follicle and it's impending release. We had "timed intercourse" and basically waited to get a period, which I did. The second cycle we decided to go whole-hog. They put us on Clomid and we did a trigger shot at home before having sex one day and IUI the next. They had me get an rx for progesterone suppositories, it felt really last-minute and was very expensive. The prescription was for a small amount, presumably because they wanted to monitor me before having me purchase more, but I wasn't told that, if all went well, that I would have to take it 2x day up until my 12th week. Around the 6th week they told me my beta/hcg was not rising appropriately, that I would have a miscarriage soon, to get off the progesterone, that if the hcg increased "inappropriately" they would have me schedule a DNC. We began mourning. The following week my hcg doubled and they had me come in for a sonogram where I saw the baby and its heartbeat. A female doctor (not Yemini) called me to apologize and say they could have been wrong, that we could be cautiously optimistic. They did not want me to go back on progesterone. Subsequent sonograms went well, we were discharged at 11 weeks, lost the baby at 12 weeks. D+C at 13 weeks.
We were told that a cycle would cost us about $1,500 plus drugs (drugs were $200-$300) Billed to insurance as follows: consultation:$280 office visit $60/$75/$189 semen analysis $342 hsg $650 Insemination $985 venipuncture $26 (3x week) Labs (mixed btwn sent out and in-house) monitoring labs $163-$210 per visit ultrasound $252
Hamburg
2011 - 2012
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
It's a small clinic [Diamond Institute] and everyone knows who you are. The doctors provide personalized and individualized care...The clinic is small so you get personalized and individualized care, it's not a factory. The staff knows you and cares for you. Dr Yemini is fantastic and so is Dr O. She treated me a few times and she is terrific... takes insurance and I remember them being reasonable...The nurses were all so friendly and upbeat. They were kind and caring as well.
2011 - 2012
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
It's a small clinic and everyone knows who you are. The doctors provide personalized and individualized care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Pam)
The nurses were all so friendly and upbeat. They were kind and caring as well.
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Dr Yemini is kind, caring and compassionate. He is realistic and optimistic, and was sympathetic during setbacks and positive as we made progress. He has a great bedside manner and is very knowledgeable. I liked how aggressive he was in his plan of action and trusted him all the way.
Trust him! He's been doing this for years and he knows what he is doing.
I had high FSH and was nearing 35, so Dr Yemini skipped clomid and went right to IUI with injectables (Menopur). The first cycle was positive but resulted in a miscarriage. Second cycle was negative. Third was positive and a miscarriage again. Then I had a polyp that needed removing. Fourth cycle he upped my dosage and I had a few more follicles. He asked if I was ok with twins and I was, and lo and behold I got pregnant with twins. One twin passed at 9 weeks and 9 months later I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.
I can't recall but he takes insurance and I remember them being reasonable.
Millburn
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
The nurse [Diamond Institute for Infertility] I worked with was very friendly and compassionate. She kept me updated on next steps.... Strengths: Nursing staff, desire to help everyone Weaknesses: Front-desk staff is not very friendly and it took a few e-mails, phone calls and in-person visits to get my medical records forwarded correctly to another doctor. I ended up paying for copies for myself so I can send them where needed.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
With the exception of our first consult, I felt my time with the doctor was rushed. We had a lot of testing done and heard nothing of results. To this day, I don't know the results of a polyp he removed and sent out for testing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The nurse I worked with was very friendly and compassionate. She kept me updated on next steps.
What specific things went wrong at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Strenghts: He is genuine and really seems to want to help everyone. Weaknesses: Communication can be lacking when it comes to test results. He also failed to properly update my husband who was in the waiting room when I had a procedure.
Ask lots of questions and keep track of the testing being done so you can ask about results.
Aside from Day 3 blood work and ultra sound, we had not progressed into an IVF cycle.
Standard co-pays. Some of the tests were partially covered. I just received a notice that genetic testing was deemed not medically necessary by my insurance company so that ($11K) was not covered.
Millburn
They [nurses at Diamond Institute for Infertility] always made sure to email or call me with any results. The ladies that took my blood were always very nice. Lisa from the front desk was the only one who was a bit off...sometimes you’ll wait a while if you don’t come early for monitoring. It’s first come first serve so if you want to be out quickly then you must arrive early! Everything else was great, comfy waiting area, the rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms.
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Lots of stairs and sometimes you’ll wait a while if you don’t come early for monitoring. It’s first come first serve so if you want to be out quickly then you must arrive early! Everything else was great, comfy waiting area, the rooms were clean and so were the bathrooms.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility. (Assigned nurse: Monique)
They always made sure to email or call me with any results. The ladies that took my blood were always very nice. Lisa from the front desk was the only one who was a bit off
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
He was very caring and blunt. He told me he would give me the baby I desperately wanted and he did! If something was not going right him or Dr.O let me know. They always made sure I understood everything
Cycle 1- Clomid 50, then switching to Gonal-F injections mid cycle. HCG trigger then ICI and IUI back to back at 20-36 hours. Only had one mature follicle- Failed cycle Cycle 2- Started at 75 with Gonal-F and went up to 120, HCG shot. Had over 4 mature follicles, they told me the risk of multiples and told me about reduction/or if I wanted to cancel the cycle. I took the risks and we moved on with the cycle. I did the trigger and IUI was done 36 hours after trigger. I GOT PREGNANT!! I now have my amazing baby boy who is 7 months old
About 15k including meds
2005 - 2012
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
[Diamond Institute] Always open. I was able to go before work and not lose any time. Worked with me thru insurance issues to get resolved to my satisfaction. Staff is friendly, helpful knowledgable. Facility very clean.... Excellent. Very caring and compassionate as well. Toom my phone calls and answered all questions....Treatment was 20 years ago so a little foggy on specifics. I remember injections, ultrasounds and labs. Then a beautiful baby girl.
2005 - 2012
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
Very caring, answered all questions, very compassionate
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Compassionate, empathetic, caring. Never rushed thru appointments. Explained everything thoroughly. Very patient and took into consideration the emotional rollercoaster we go thru with each cycle. Has a calming nature.
Trust him.
We had very good health benefits so out of pocket cost was minimal
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs
The staff [at Diamond Institute for Infertility] is professional and knows exactly what they're doing.They supported us all the way. The equipment is top of line. The building is clean and welcoming. Everything was very organized and worked exactly as expected...The entire staff was caring, and supported us throughout our treatments. They were organized and everything worked perfectly.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Diamond Institute for Infertility.
The staff is professional and knows exactly what they're doing.They supported us all the way. The equipment is top of line. The building is clean and welcoming. Everything was very organized and worked exactly as expected.
Dr. Matan Yemini, was very polite and gentle. He genuinely cared about us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Institute for Infertility.
How was your experience with Matan Yemini at Diamond Institute for Infertility?
Dr. Yemini took extremely good care of us. He was polite and informative, he let us know exactly what to expect. We knew we were in good hands from our first meeting. The treatment was successful! And we have a beautiful baby thanks to him.