6565 France Avenue South, Suite 300
Edina, MN 55435
952.927.4045
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Diamond Women's Center to a friend?
6.4
1 doctor
Jamie is the fertility nurse at Diamond Women's Center. She was at an IVF clinic for years prior to coming over. She is very compassionate and accommodating. As we all know, fertility treatments/blood work is based on your cycle. She does not work the weekends but gave me her personal cell phone number to call her incase I cycled after she was gone on Friday and said she would come in and see me over the weekend.
Describe your experience with Diamond Women's Center.
They are very accommodating and friendly. Sometimes the schedulers can be a little harsh but I know they are trying to accommodate and fill appointments for many doctors and patients with a short notice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Chow at Diamond Women's Center?
Throughtout this difficult process the biggest thing I have learned is that you need to be your own advocate. The difference between Dr Chow and any other doctor I have seen is that he takes his time to explain everything. He took me back to 2013 when I had LEEP procedures done and walked me through what he would have told me back then. He explained the procedure I had a million times better than the doctor who preformed the procedure. He also treats every patient as an individual. We have been TTC for over 3 and a half years and he performed many things that past doctors never even thought of. He even calls you just to check in!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Diamond Women's Center. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
How was your experience with Daniel Chow at Diamond Women's Center?
Dr Chow treats every patient as an individual. He calls to check in, even on the weekends! I don't believe he ever stops working to help his patients. He is extremely intellegiant but speaks in terms you as a patient can understand. He thinks outside of the box and makes you feel comfortable and confident in the decisions he makes which allows you to relax as the patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Chow at Diamond Women's Center?
Don't wait, switch to Dr Chow now! If you are beginning treatment or in the middle switch to him. He will treat you as an individual and come up with anything he can do to help. He goes up to IUI.
Describe the protocols Daniel Chow used in your cycles at Diamond Women's Center and their degree of success.
I was on clomid for 6 rounds with my previous OBGYN and unmonitored until they discovered my cervix was completely scarred over and those 6 rounds of clomid were a complete waste. When I came to Dr Chow I was very discouraged and had lost all of my confidence in the medical world. He helped me feel better. He was extremely honest and described all procedures very well. The first round of IUI was extremely painful because of my scar tissue and he suggested I do a Hysteroscopy. After this surgery he then had me do a cycle on letrizole with a trigger shot. My next round of IUI was much less painful. Neither rounds ended in pregnancy and we have now decided to move on to IVF with the suggestion of Dr Chow.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Chow at Diamond Women's Center.
The IUI cycle was roughly $2,000
Daniel Chow
Edina
The clinic itself [Diamond Women's Center] was good, however the two doctors I originally saw, both of whom seemed to be current on infertility-related research and treatment, have left the practice. I find it concerning that both doctors with seemingly up to date knowledge are no longer there, and the doctor who is listed as the infertility specialist was unfamiliar with relevant concepts and unwilling to take and read an article from a top-tier, peer-reviewed medical journal.
Describe your experience with Diamond Women's Center.
The clinic itself was good, however the two doctors I originally saw, both of whom seemed to be current on infertility-related research and treatment, have left the practice. I find it concerning that both doctors with seemingly up to date knowledge are no longer there, and the doctor who is listed as the infertility specialist was unfamiliar with relevant concepts and unwilling to take and read an article from a top-tier, peer-reviewed medical journal.
Dr. Chow called on a weekend prior to surgery to answer questions and made extra effort to get me in for followup earlier than anticipated.
Very caring and helpful. Very responsive.
How was your experience with Daniel Chow at Diamond Women's Center?
After having 3 miscarriages, I met with Dr. Chow. Another doctor in the practice had ordered fertility testing. My AMH came back at .4. Dr Chow said he wasn't familiar with AMH, and it was "in range." As a 36 year old, an AMH of .4 is extremely low, and this lack of awareness of a key fertility indicator was alarming. Further, Dr. Chow said that my endometrial lining, which had been less than 5mm in thickness at ovulation, was unrelated to my recurrent losses, that lining thickness had no bearing on pregnancy, and that anything he might do to improve my lining would delay ovulation. He told me my recurrent miscarriages were "bad luck" and we should "keep trying." His office failed to order one of the newer tests for recurrent pregnancy loss. Overall, the lack of insight into DOR and lining issues was concerning, as was the idea that 3 back-to-back miscarriages were 'bad luck.' Research doesn't support any of that, and Dr Chow refused to look at a journal article I had brought on lining issues.
I suspect he's a great doctor if your issues fit with his medical knowledge, but he doesn't appear to keep current or be interested in learning about infertility related issues.
Dr. Chow did surgery for my uterine scarring, but despite low AMH and thin lining, his "treatment plan" was to continue natural cycles. (I have since had two more miscarriages with natural cycles and two pregnancies from treatment cycles with another provider, where treatment focused on my lining.)
Daniel Chow