6.5

5704 Fayetteville Road
Durham, NC 27713
919-572-4673

Treated 2013 - 2014
After going through a couple cycles with him and looking back (after transferring to a different clinic), I don't think his [Dr Thomas Price] approach was nearly as aggressive enough as was warranted for my situation. After 2 failures (both BFPs that didn't make it out of the first trimester), he jumped straight to donor egg as one of my next options to evaluate. When he had zero explanation for the losses.
While initially my impression of Dr. Price was positive, looking back I question the course of action that he directed us to take knowing our history...Front desk staff [at Duke Fertility Center] was always friendly and welcoming. Lab staff were hit or miss (some were great, some took 2 tries before successfully drawing blood out of my arm). Counseling on site at the time I attended (Julia Woodward) but after several visits I found no benefit and discontinued care.
How was your experience with Thomas Price at Duke Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Thomas Price at Duke Fertility Center?
If you don't like a doctor who's style is very direct, consider a different doctor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Thomas Price at Duke Fertility Center?
My initial interactions with Dr. Price was that he was very direct and knowledgeable. We like that style. After going through a couple cycles with him and looking back (after transferring to a different clinic), I don't think his approach was nearly as aggressive enough as was warranted for my situation. After 2 failures (both BFPs that didn't make it out of the first trimester), he jumped straight to donor egg as one of my next options to evaluate. When he had zero explanation for the losses.
Describe the protocols Thomas Price used in your cycles at Duke Fertility Center and their degree of success.
cycle one - Femera (5mg cycle days 3-7), trigger shot, timed intercourse, progesterone supplementation after BFP, chemical pregnancy cycle two - clomid (50mg cycle days 3-7), trigger shot, timed intercourse, progesterone supplementation after BFP, first trimester miscarriage
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
Front desk staff was always friendly and welcoming. Lab staff were hit or miss (some were great, some took 2 tries before successfully drawing blood out of my arm). Counseling on site at the time I attended (Julia Woodward) but after several visits I found no benefit and discontinued care.

Treated 2013
I think Dr. Price does care about his patients, but doesn’t have a great bedside manner. He doesn’t take a lot of time to explain things in person, but he will respond to email....He isn’t one to think outside the box in regards to treatment. Very formulaic in the treatment of patients. If you are a basic case then he will work with you. I didn’t feel like he would thoroughly explain my options and I wasn’t given any resources....I was told donor eggs were my only option at age 34.
The billing was incorrect and took forever to fix. My high quality donor embryo didn’t thaw. My paperwork for frozen embryos listed 2 and there was only one....The only strength is that there are discounted plans if you’re a Duke employee. Other than that, go elsewhere. The financial office is a hot mess and billing is often wrong. The doctors don’t keep up with new techniques, and none of them are particularly compassionate. The lab is subpar, but there is a new embryologist. T
How was your experience with Thomas Price at Duke Fertility Center?
Come with all your questions and steer the conversation. Bring an advocate if you are too emotional to do this yourself.
I was told donor eggs were my only option at age 34. After pushing I was allowed to try a cycle of clomid. I responded great, but they never sent in my “trigger” shot to the pharmacist because, “they didn’t think I would respond.”
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Duke Fertility Center.
The nursing staff is pretty good.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
The only strength is that there are discounted plans if you’re a Duke employee. Other than that, go elsewhere. The financial office is a hot mess and billing is often wrong. The doctors don’t keep up with new techniques, and none of them are particularly compassionate. The lab is subpar, but there is a new embryologist. They often train fellows and they don’t know what they are doing a lot of the time.

Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Steiner is very warm and personable. She really cares. She's knowledgeable, warm, and kind. I feel like she listens and really cares. I enjoyed working with her. I just think that the clinic is rather overloaded. I wish I'd had more time directly with her...Don't expect much face to face time, but it's not her fault...We did two agonist cycles given success with that approach previously...there's very little face-to-face physician/patient time...
Cathy [nurse at Duke] has a wonderful heart. She truly cares about her patients. She is knowledgeable about the treatment protocols and will go the extra mile to help patients...Duke isn't the most organized clinic. I think it's due to volume...is a high volume clinic. Lots of patients because people with Duke insurance can only get coverage there. I think they could use more providers and more nurses. There are good people there, though.
How was your experience with Anne Steiner at Duke Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anne Steiner at Duke Fertility Center?
Don't expect much face to face time, but it's not her fault.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anne Steiner at Duke Fertility Center?
Dr. Steiner is very warm and personable. She really cares. I do think Duke is overloaded though, and there's very little face-to-face physician/patient time built into their model.
Describe the protocols Anne Steiner used in your cycles at Duke Fertility Center and their degree of success.
We did two agonist cycles given success with that approach previously.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Duke Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cathy Gustafson)
Cathy has a wonderful heart. She truly cares about her patients. She is knowledgeable about the treatment protocols and will go the extra mile to help patients.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
Duke is a high volume clinic. Lots of patients because people with Duke insurance can only get coverage there. I think they could use more providers and more nurses. There are good people there, though.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anne Steiner at Duke Fertility Center.
It was around $4500 per cycle, not including medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Duke Fertility Center.
Duke isn't the most organized clinic. I think it's due to volume.
Durham

Dr. Steiner is very well educated and knows what she is doing. She is very understanding and cares about her patients. Doesn't force any treatments and listens to what her patients want to do...is a great listener...She tries to adjust the treatment each time to something good different so she can find out what might work. She seems to know a few good ways to alter the ivf process to get more eggs and to increase r he lining...I did 3 monitored clomid cycles. We started with 100mg days 3-7 then moved on to 150mg days 3-7. We triggered at around day 12.
All of the nurses [at Duke Fertility Center] are amazing and understanding...For just a monitored cycle with clomid around $500...I believe the clinic doesnt have any weaknesses. They have everything to accommodate any treatment option. They are open 7 days a week which is how all fertility clinics should operate. They even have an acupuncture treatment person for after ivf...I did 3 monitored clomid cycles. We started with 100mg days 3-7 then moved on to 150mg days 3-7. We triggered at around day 12.
How was your experience with Anne Steiner at Duke Fertility Center?
Dr. Steiner is a great listener and she knows what she is doing. She tries to adjust the treatment each time to something good different so she can find out what might work. She seems to know a few good ways to alter the ivf process to get more eggs and to increase r he lining.
Be optimistic and know that the doctors will listen to your concerns.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Duke Fertility Center.
All of the nurses are amazing and understanding.
For just a monitored cycle with clomid around $500
Durham

We did an antagonist protocol and she [Dr. Jennifer Eaton] increased my FSH to 600 total, which seemed like overkill in the context of my previous cycle history and seems to have fried the eggs from that cycle. It was my worst one ever...She treats patients like humans in person, but in-person time with her is limited to procedures and the pre-cycle consult. You don't see her at all during the cycle otherwise. She is responsive through the patient portal, but her emails are very brisk and at times felt abrasive. Husband agreed.
Around $5k for the retrieval [at Duke Fertility Center] with Duke insurance, not including med costs...I think Duke is a factory. You only see the doctors for the initial consult and procedures, otherwise it's just the monitoring techs, fellows, and portal messages. I've been trying to find out certain info about my cycle for months and still don't have the answers...It's just not very organized...We did an antagonist protocol and she increased my FSH to 600 total, which seemed like overkill in the context of my previous cycle history and seems to have fried the eggs from that cycle. It was my worst one ever.
How was your experience with Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
Dr. Eaton is warm in person, but brisk over email. My cycle with her was my worst yet, while I have had very different results with other doctors and protocols. I would be more specific but am hesitant to share identifiable info.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
I would consider another provider.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Jennifer Eaton used in your cycles at Duke Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center.
Around $5k for the retrieval with Duke insurance, not including med costs.
Describe Jennifer Eaton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Duke Fertility Center.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Duke Fertility Center.
It's just not very organized.
Durham
He's [Dr. Price] on the direct/blunt side, but I like that. Not super warm/fuzzy, but still kind. Really good at explaining every step during examinations and procedures, and keeping me calm. Answers questions in session, and through patient portal....I did 3 rounds of Prednisone and letrozol, which were unsuccessful in creating a pregnancy. He thinks I have PCOS and may not be ovulating, but I did appear to ovulate on the meds. An HSG was done, and IUI was recommended. Haven't started that yet.
[Duke Fertility is] Generally well organized, biggest strength is doctors, biggest weakness was financial advising staff. They seemed to frame everything in a negative light and really overwhelmed me. The online patient portal is great....[Nursing Staff] Generally kind and easy to talk to. Front desk staff sometimes appear busy/preoccupied.... He's [Dr. Price] on the direct/blunt side, but I like that. Not super warm/fuzzy, but still kind. Really good at explaining every step during examinations
How was your experience with Thomas Price at Duke Fertility Center?
He's on the direct/blunt side, but I like that. Not super warm/fuzzy, but still kind. Really good at explaining every step during examinations and procedures, and keeping me calm. Answers questions in session, and through patient portal.
Be sure your male partner has been assessed if applicable.
Allowed me to ask questions, and responds to emails.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Thomas Price at Duke Fertility Center.
So far everything has been covered by insurance, with a copay. IUI will be 547+meds, ivf is estimated around 14k.
Describe Thomas Price's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Duke Fertility Center.
Durham
He [Dr. Thomas Price] refused to treat me based on my age. The exchange was abrupt and curt. He said the cut off was 43 for IVF at his clinic. I had just turned 44. I drove over 2 hours for the appointment... He reluctantly told me my success with egg donor ivf would be greater, then handed me off to office staff for a flyer on egg donation costs, but in every gesture rejected me as a client. I am interested in egg donation, and already knew my chances with my own eggs were low, but never expected to be treated so badly.
I was refused treatment [at Duke Fertility Center] and my copay was returned...I was refused treatment based on my age. I am 44. This information was not included on the clinic's website and I was not informed when I called to make the appointment even though my age and intent were stated....It seemed clean. I did not have to wait long. The clinic does not post age restrictions on their website or inform you when you make initial appointments. Many people drive far for ivf treatment so this should be protocol...
How was your experience with Thomas Price at Duke Fertility Center?
I was refused treatment based on my age. I am 44. This information was not included on the clinic's website and I was not informed when I called to make the appointment even though my age and intent were stated. I drove over two hours for the appointment. He reluctantly told me my success with egg donor ivf would be greater, then handed me off to office staff for a flyer on egg donation costs, but in every gesture rejected me as a client. I am interested in egg donation, and already knew my chances with my own eggs were low, but never expected to be treated so badly.
Call the clinic before an initial appointment if you are over 40 and make sure they do not have age requirements or cutoffs.
He refused to treat me based on my age. The exchange was abrupt and curt. He said the cut off was 43 for IVF at his clinic. I had just turned 44. I drove over 2 hours for the appointment.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
I was refused treatment and my copay was returned.

Treated 2014 - 2018
Dr. Price patiently listened to my every concern. He was so kind and thoughtful. He would allow me to share studies with him and explain in a data driven way why he might come out differently. I think he’s probably the most thoughtful and knowledgeable physician I have ever encountered....Antagonist protocol (twice), with PGS testing of 5 day embryos. Produced 7 5-day embryos across two freeze all cycles. Agonist protocol with 3 day freeze all embryos.
They are a very good clinic [Duke Fertility Center]. They don’t have the most up to date technology, and you primarily see the REI fellow, but the physicians are very responsive to email communications and very thoughtful. I do wish the Used time-lapsed monitoring of embryos and had 3D sonography. I don’t know the quality of the lab and have a sense that it varies by the embryologist working...9k per cycle plus 1500 for ICSI plus 2 k for PGS testing....
How was your experience with Thomas Price at Duke Fertility Center?
Don’t be put off my his seemingly straightforward manner. He’s a compassionate and brilliant clinician.
Dr. Price is an incredibly thoughtfu and truly brilliant physician. His demeanor is very straightforward, but he’s very honest, deeply thoughtful and always patient.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
They are a very good clinic. They don’t have the most up to date technology, and you primarily see the REI fellow, but the physicians are very responsive to email communications and very thoughtful. I do wish the Used time-lapsed monitoring of embryos and had 3D sonography. I don’t know the quality of the lab and have a sense that it varies by the embryologist working.
9k per cycle plus 1500 for ICSI plus 2 k for PGS testing.
Treated 2017
I felt that Dr. Eaton took adequate time with me and that she expressed sorrow for the long infertility journey that I'd been on...I only saw Dr. Eaton about 3 or 4 times, but I felt that she was personable and took time with me as needed and answered my questions well. She referred me on to a rheumatologist when some blood tests showed other concerns that were outside of her expertise, and I appreciated that she wanted me to have those results looked at by another specialist.
Nothing stood out as exceptionally bad or good [at Duke Fertility Center]. The staff members that I saw seemed to do their jobs well. It would be nice if more of the doctors there were female as Dr. Eaton is the only woman out of 4 doctors...I had limited interaction with the nurses, but they seemed nice enough...I felt that Dr. Eaton took adequate time with me and that she expressed sorrow for the long infertility journey that I'd been on.
How was your experience with Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
Ask questions and know what kinds of things you are and aren't comfortable with doing treatment-wise.
I didn't do any treatment cycles with Dr. Eaton.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Duke Fertility Center.
I had limited interaction with the nurses, but they seemed nice enough.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
I don't have any suggestions. Nothing stood out as exceptionally bad or good. The staff members that I saw seemed to do their jobs well. It would be nice if more of the doctors there were female as Dr. Eaton is the only woman out of 4 doctors.
I don't remember specific costs. I only remember what I had to pay after insurance which was reasonable.
I didn't do any treatment cycles with Dr. Eaton.

Treated 2014 - 2015
She [Dr. Eaton] is not very friendly and doesn’t like being challenged with questions. She didn’t coordinate my care when she was going to be gone during my donor cycle. She told me that it was all very formulaic and not to worry....All the donors are treated with the same protocol and it doesn’t seem like adjustments are made. She is very against transferring two embryos unless there are only two embryos at the end of the cycle.
Avoid this clinic [Duke] unless you can only afford care here. It is outdated and the staff doesn’t keep up with new technologies. Financial office is a mess and the waiting room is uncomfortable. The staff is not professional. Lots of fellows in training provide care....I participated in a donor cycle. 15 eggs were retrieved but only 3 were mature. The embryologist said the protocol was wrong....All the donors are treated with the same protocol and it doesn’t seem like adjustments are made
How was your experience with Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
She is not very friendly and doesn’t like being challenged with questions. She didn’t coordinate my care when she was going to be gone during my donor cycle. She told me that it was all very formulaic and not to worry.
I participated in a donor cycle. 15 eggs were retrieved but only 3 were mature. The embryologist said the protocol was wrong. All three eggs fertilized and we were told to transfer two and freeze one on day 3. This cycle resulted in a live birth. The frozen embro didn’t survive the thaw.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Duke Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: MIA)
Mia is great.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
Avoid this clinic unless you can only afford care here. It is outdated and the staff doesn’t keep up with new technologies. Financial office is a mess and the waiting room is uncomfortable. The staff is not professional. Lots of fellows in training provide care.
She strongly favors eSET. I wanted to transfer two and she suggested my babies could die at 20 weeks.
Treated 2005 - 2012
He [Dr. Price] was amazing. Very personable. Personally called to check on me. Personally met me at the clinic in the weekend to draw labs...He was very kind and caring and was there for me every step of the way. Very knowledge and thourough. He describe every detail of what to expect. He was always available and responsive. He seem s to understand PCOS better than any other Doctor I had seen.
They [staff at Duke Fertility] were always available and responsive. Every single person I met was kind and caring from the receptionist to the lab staff to the embryologist to the nurses to the doctors to the students. Amazing place!...He [Dr. Price] was amazing. Very personable. Personally called to check on me. Personally met me at the clinic in the weekend to draw labs...He was very kind and caring and was there for me every step of the way.
He’s great! See him!!
He was amazing. Very personable. Personally called to check on me. Personally met me at the clinic in the weekend to draw labs.
It’s been a long time but what I can remember is starting with clomid because I wasn’t ovulating. When that didn’t work injections. When that didn’t work added IUI. When that didn’t work IVF. Ended up using ICSI too because sperm motility was poor.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
They were always available and responsive. Every single person I met was kind and caring from the receptionist to the lab staff to the embryologist to the nurses to the doctors to the students. Amazing place!
As a Duke employee I got 50% off so I think I spend around $5k or so
It was up to us. We went with 2 because we were okay with the idea of twins and wanted to increase our chances
Durham

Dr Eaton was very clear in her analysis of my data, was open to questions...I am confident in her plans...So far so good! I’ve had a consult and one treatment procedure and she was involved with both. Her recommendations for testing made sense, as does her proposed treatment plan. I look forward to our first fertility treatment...She is not an outgoing & warm doctor, but kind and thorough...she just checked AMH and did a hysteroscopy to rule out one issue. We’re moving to IUI soon.
So far, they have been clear about cost [at Duke Fertility Center] (which has been fantastic), work well with my insurance, and are willing to work with my schedule (I have to drive nearly an hour to get there). The nurses are kind and the doctor seems well-researched and reasonable...Cathy [nurse] is responsive and thorough!...My OBGYN did a lot of prior testing, so she [Dr. Eaton] just checked AMH and did a hysteroscopy to rule out one issue. We’re moving to I
How was your experience with Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
Ask questions! She is not an outgoing & warm doctor, but kind and thorough.
Dr Eaton was very clear in her analysis of my data, was open to questions, Ana I am confident in her plans.
My OBGYN did a lot of prior testing, so she just checked AMH and did a hysteroscopy to rule out one issue. We’re moving to IUI soon.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Duke Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Cathy is responsive and thorough!
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
So far, they have been clear about cost (which has been fantastic), work well with my insurance, and are willing to work with my schedule (I have to drive nearly an hour to get there). The nurses are kind and the doctor seems well-researched and reasonable.
So far, I’m just paying specialist copays or nothing because it is in-network for my insurance
Treated 2012 - 2015
He [Dr. Price] is honest and open with his patients. Some people may feel it’s not the best bedside manner but i liked his honesty. He truly cared about me as a patient and worked with us and our insurance to get the best results.... He was honest and cared about each cycle messaging me through their system to check on me.... Everyone there [Duke Fertility] seemed to really care about the patients. They were always open and willing to speak with you about anything.
Everyone there [Duke Fertility] seemed to really care about the patients. They were always open and willing to speak with you about anything. They made sure to be very friendly. One weakness was not having a space for those who were coming in finding out the pregnancy didn’t take. That felt rushed at times.... They were amazing going above and beyond to help with everything from making sure I had all my medications ordered
How was your experience with Thomas Price at Duke Fertility Center?
He is honest and open with his patients. Some people may feel it’s not the best bedside manner but i liked his honesty. He truly cared about me as a patient and worked with us and our insurance to get the best results.
Don’t be turned off by his bedside manner.
I don’t remember. We tried a lot of different things.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Duke Fertility Center.
They were amazing going above and beyond to help with everything from making sure I had all my medications ordered correctly to teaching me how to do injections.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
Everyone there seemed to really care about the patients. They were always open and willing to speak with you about anything. They made sure to be very friendly. One weakness was not having a space for those who were coming in finding out the pregnancy didn’t take. That felt rushed at times.
Treated 2016
Dr. Eaton spent time carefully explaining my test results and answering my questions...Dr. Eaton is very attentive and clear in her communication. It is clear she cares about her patients. She is extremely knowledgeable and shares the latest research with her patients....There is a long wait time to book an appointment [at Duke Fertility Center] and it is difficult to get in touch with a live person on the phone. Messages are not always returned quickly by nurses.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
There is a long wait time to book an appointment and it is difficult to get in touch with a live person on the phone. Messages are not always returned quickly by nurses.
Treated 2015 - 2016
She [Dr. Eaton] always took the time to go over everything with me in detail and made me feel like I matter... She treated me with respect and I felt as if she was right there with me fighting this battle.She is the warmest Doctor I have ever met... We didn't get to bring home a baby but she made the whole process a lot less taxing...
She always took the time to go over everything with me in detail and made me feel like I matter.
How was your experience with Jennifer Eaton at Duke Fertility Center?
She is the warmest Doctor I have ever met. We didn't get to bring home a baby but she made the whole process a lot less taxing.
Treated 2020
My experience with Dr Steiner was very strange...I asked about a test to check for a hormonal imbalance and she told me she has never heard of a test that checks for hormone imbalance. I asked twice to make sure I understood correctly with the same answer. I nearly fell out of my chair. I assume she just didn't want to give me the test since I'm not trying to get pregnant....but don't lie and say --as a fertility specialist--that you have never heard of a test for hormones. Whether it was a complete lack of concern, or a poor knowledge base, I would never recommender to anyone.
[The staff at Duke Fertility was] disorganized and didn't know I had already taken care of my copay online. They had asked me to fill out a form online, but it wasn't accessible...Based on my experience I would never recommend.The nurse who brought me into the office was very nice...Dr Steiner told me there were no tests available for hormonal assessment.
How was your experience with Anne Steiner at Duke Fertility Center?
Someone referred me to Dr Steiner to get a second opinion regarding treatment options for endometriosis, so this was a consult. I asked about a test to check for a hormonal imbalance and she told me she has never heard of a test that checks for hormone imbalance. I asked twice to make sure I understood correctly with the same answer. I nearly fell out of my chair. I assume she just didn't want to give me the test since I'm not trying to get pregnant....but don't lie and say --as a fertility specialist--that you have never heard of a test for hormones. Whether it was a complete lack of concern, or a poor knowledge base, I would never recommender to anyone.
If a patient is not there for fertility, you should still be honest with them.
My experience with Dr Steiner was very strange. She seemed very personable and sweet, but gave me information I know was false.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Duke Fertility Center.
Very disorganized, but I would l likely attribute that too covid. The nurse who brought me into the office was very nice.
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
disorganized and didn't know I had already taken care of my copay online. They had asked me to fill out a form online, but it wasn't accessible. This could be attributed to covid-19; maybe they are not always this unorganized. Based on my experience I would never recommend.
I have no idea until I get the bill.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Duke Fertility Center.
As I already mentioned, Dr Steiner told me there were no tests available for hormonal assessment.
Durham
she [Dr. Anne Steiner] thoroughly went through everything with diagrams and models...is a down to earth doctor who always answers questions along with making sure we understood...Not only did she give me information about my body as a woman I didn’t even know but she also makes sure that I keep my primary doctor in the loop for potential birth defects from my medicine...
Strengths [of the nursing staff at Duke Fertility Center] would be making you feel comfortable. They’re also very informative with places to get fertility loans. Weaknesses id say they’re a little unorganized...I was told that my insurance covered the appointments but suddenly I had to pay out of pocket for consultations...I know it’s like $16,000 to do 1 cycle with 2 egg retrievals...[Dr.] Steiner is a down to earth doctor who always answers questions along with making sure we understood before we made our trip back home...Not only did she give me information about my body as a woman I didn’t even know but she also makes sure that I keep my primary doctor in the loop for potential birth defects from my medicine
How was your experience with Anne Steiner at Duke Fertility Center?
Steiner is a down to earth doctor who always answers questions along with making sure we understood before we made our trip back home to Jacksonville NC. Not only did she give me information about my body as a woman I didn’t even know but she also makes sure that I keep my primary doctor in the loop for potential birth defects from my medicine
Ask as many questions as possible. Relax and don’t feel uncomfortable being transparent
A human because she thoroughly went through everything with diagrams and models
I have not did the treatment yet we must pay beforehand.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Duke Fertility Center.
Strengths would be making you feel comfortable. They’re also very informative with places to get fertility loans. Weaknesses id say they’re a little unorganized
Describe your experience with Duke Fertility Center.
Please have insurance and if you don’t make sure you get quoted beforehand. If you can I’d advise getting a plan with fertility included. Also bring a notepad with you to take notes. Keep receipts etc
I know it’s like $16,000 to do 1 cycle with 2 egg retrievals