9.9

858.558.2221
20360 SW Birch St.
Newport Beach, CA 92660
+1 (949) 688-1002

The clinic [Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility] was great - it's newer and despite that it felt very organized. I immediately noticed how clean the facilities presented and how kind and welcoming every was to us. I also like that the egg/embryo freezing facilities are on site...We came to Dr. Kashani with a lot of IVF history as she wasn't our first doctor. But because of the time Dr. Kashani spent studying our case we immediately felt a genuine connection with her - we immediately felt that she knew us and cared about us...Dr. Kashani was in the details of each moment. She communicated the plan to us and was available to us when we had questions. Each detail and treatment strategy felt intentional. Beyond some of the normal IVF processes - we also used PGS due do genetic concerns of our embryos. We also did a "mock" IVF cycle to better understand the timing of ideal implantation. Both of these extra treatment strategies helped us significantly.
How was your experience with Banafsheh Kashani at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed)?
I'll try to put this into as few words as possible... Our IVF journey started six years ago - after heartbreak and perseverance my wife and I were so blessed to welcome into the world our beautiful twin girls (who are now five years old). Unfortunately, our IVF doctor, who we loved and helped us bring our twins in the world, retired from IVF. Hoping to have at least one more child we started the process again - however, a few years, a couple doctors and a number of unsuccessful/ failed cycles later (which for anyone who's gone through IVF knows how emotionally and financially crushing those failed cycles can be) we felt a bit defeated. Ultimately, feeling blessed and grateful to even have our twins, we decided to give up on the dream of one more child... But as fate would have it our original IVF doctor reached out to us and connected us with Dr. Kashani. Talk about a fresh of breath air! We immediately felt a genuine connection with Dr. Kashani and because of the time she spent studying our case and her belief in our situation we decided to start again. I'm thrilled to report that my wife is now 20 weeks pregnant with a baby girl. I really can't put into words our gratitude to Dr. Kashani. From day one – she has been everything we could have hoped for… We're fortunate to have had a successful result, but I would honestly write the same positive comments had the result been different. At the end of the day, Dr. Kashani truly cares about her patients. Period! My wife and I will be forever grateful that we got connected with her and give her the highest possible recommendation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Banafsheh Kashani at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed)?
Be willing to open up to her - the more you open up the more she will be able to help, support, and guide you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Banafsheh Kashani at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed)?
Describe the protocols Banafsheh Kashani used in your cycles at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed) and their degree of success.
I wish I could describe this better... what I can describe is that Dr. Kashani was in the details of each moment. She communicated the plan to us and was available to us when we had questions. Each detail and treatment strategy felt intentional. Beyond some of the normal IVF processes - we also used PGS due do genetic concerns of our embryos. We also did a "mock" IVF cycle to better understand the timing of ideal implantation. Both of these extra treatment strategies helped us significantly.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
Great team of nurses. Very capable and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
The clinic was great - it's newer and despite that it felt very organized. I immediately noticed how clean the facilities presented and how kind and welcoming every was to us. I also like that the egg/embryo freezing facilities are on site.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Banafsheh Kashani at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
The treatment costs are so personal and unique to each clinic. I'd rather not detail those specifics.
Describe Banafsheh Kashani's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
She educated us and supported us in our decision.
Newport Beach

Our treatment plan [with Dr. Kashani] was based on results from prior IUI stimulation medications as well as labwork/ultrasounds...We were offered single embryo transfer as our embryos were PGS tested...She was honest, sensitive, and always expressed empathy in regards to my infertility treatment. She encouraged me when I needed it and reassured me throughout the complex cycles/treatments.
Strengths [at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility]: The Newport Beach clinic was clean, had the latest equipment, and well organized. It's location was conveniently off the freeway, had plenty of parking, and had an attached surgical center for the fertility procedures...We had a mixed experience with the nursing staff. One was more experienced while the other was less so. Lab draws were more difficult with the less experienced nurse. Both were compassionate when they took care of us.
I came to Dr. Kashani after having no success with TI and multiple IUIs. At the very first visit, I knew things were going to be very different in a positive way. She spoke to us with compassion and took the time to really help us understand why we may have not been having success in the past with our fertility treatments and outlined a plan of what to do moving forward. I felt very comfortable with her because she would go into extreme details regarding each step for IVF and provided us with the latest evidence-based research to help guide our decision making when it came to medications, ICSI, PGS, etc.. Dr. Kashani is extremely thorough and we felt that she was always helping to optimize things especially during the frequent testing/imaging for our retrieval and transfer. Any questions or concerns we had along the way were always addressed quickly which further reinforced our trust in her guidance.
Trust Dr. Kashani's wealth of knowledge and experience in IVF. Ask her as many questions as you can to help you understand both the 'what' and 'why' for IVF treatment.
Dr. Kashani spoke to me like a close family member. She was honest, sensitive, and always expressed empathy in regards to my infertility treatment. She encouraged me when I needed it and reassured me throughout the complex cycles/treatments.
Our treatment plan was based on results from prior IUI stimulation medications as well as labwork/ultrasounds. We used Folistim, Menopur, and later Ganirelix for retrieval with frequent ultrasounds to confirm number and size of follicles. For our transfer, we used Estrace (both oral and suppository), Progesterone suppository, PIO, ASA, and Prednisone.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
Strengths: The Newport Beach clinic was clean, had the latest equipment, and well organized. It's location was conveniently off the freeway, had plenty of parking, and had an attached surgical center for the fertility procedures. Weaknesses: None
Initial consult was free. Labs ranged $80-100. Ultrasounds $240. Medications varied by cycle but cost about $3-5K total. Total cost of our treatments was around 20-25K and we were responsible after insurance for 20% of that.
We were offered single embryo transfer as our embryos were PGS tested.

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
The doctor [Dr. Smotrich] genuinely cared about our results and experience. As we started to encounter difficulties ... in responses to medications, with diminished egg quality ... he shared and empathized with our setbacks. He also consistently followed up with my wife before, during and after retrievals.... an excellent doctor versed in the latest procedural and scientific details. ... Single embryo transfer because of my wife's physical size, age and PCOS.
Because the office [La Jolla IVF] is small, there is only one doctor ... nurses and the front-of-house organization team is beyond the best. ... Strengths: if you're looking for high-quality care in a clean, friendly, intimate setting with the resources of a world-class hospital, go here. ... If you believe you, your wife, partner or spouse would respond better to the care and oversight of a female physician, you should look elsewhere.
How was your experience with David Smotrich at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed)?
First and foremost - an excellent doctor versed in the latest procedural and scientific details. We know this because, as we encountered difficulties with my wife's PCOS, the secondary opinion we received 100% backed up his analysis and approach. He is straight-forward, friendly, dedicated and communicative.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Smotrich at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed)?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Smotrich at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed)?
The doctor genuinely cared about our results and experience. As we started to encounter difficulties ... in responses to medications, with diminished egg quality ... he shared and empathized with our setbacks. He also consistently followed up with my wife before, during and after retrievals.
Describe the protocols David Smotrich used in your cycles at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed) and their degree of success.
Lower-dose gonadotropin regimen with 'coasting', due to my wife's sensitivity to drugs. With her PCOS, she almost over-stimulated very quickly during our first retrieval. Dr. described my wife as 'lowest dose' he's ever prescribed. The coasting allowed for improved egg quality by our third retrieval, evidenced in higher Day 5 embryo PGS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed). (Assigned nurse: Amy Williams)
His nurses and the front-of-house organization team is beyond the best. If I could rate 11s, I would.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
Strengths: if you're looking for high-quality care in a clean, friendly, intimate setting with the resources of a world-class hospital, go here. The doctor is a talented physician. And you could not ask for more empathetic or friendly nurses to help you through the process. Weaknesses: it's difficult to say as this was the only clinic we used, so we have no basis for comparison. Our frustrations had more to do with being unaccustomed to the difficulties we would face trying to conceive. Things like bad PGS results, etc. None of which were the doctor or clinic's fault. Because the office is small, there is only one doctor and he is not a female doctor. If you believe you, your wife, partner or spouse would respond better to the care and oversight of a female physician, you should look elsewhere.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Smotrich at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
Describe David Smotrich's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
Single embryo transfer because of my wife's physical size, age and PCOS.
La Jolla

Dr Smotrich has been extremely supportive/compassionate throughout our fertility journey. Never once have we questioned his treatment plan for us. He has always been extremely informative and has never pushed us one way or the other as far as decision making as to what our next step is, but makes sure we are completely informed to be able to make our best decision. We will forever be grateful for Dr Smotrich and his team...
Our nurse coordinator [at La Jolla IVF] was very organized; she made sure we had everything we needed in advance and always anticipated our needs. Any time I contacted her she was very quick to respond and always took care of anything we needed...we’ve never had a negative experience. Every staff member has been extremely compassionate and caring. The nurses are great at educating and making sure you are comfortable and confident with the medication administrations and making sure you have all your appointments set up.
I can not think of anything in particular due to the fact that I believe Dr Smotrich is truly the best at what he does. You will be treated like family, all of the staff truly care about you and go out of their way to support you throughout your fertility journey.
From our consultation, to three egg retrieval’s and one embryo transfer, Dr Smotrich and his entire staff have treated us like family and have provided us with an incredible amount of support. Dr Smotrich has patiently walked us through our fertility journey, taking time to address all our concerns and questions with compassion. He never rushes through an appointment and always makes us feel like we are his top priority. His knowledge and expertise in his field truly shows through and has brought us so much comfort during this tough journey!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed). (Assigned nurse: Amy Williams )
Our nurse coordinator was very organized; she made sure we had everything we needed in advance and always anticipated our needs. Any time I contacted her she was very quick to respond and always took care of anything we needed. She makes an effort to truly connect with you and is very supportive and compassionate. All of the nursing staff are extremely caring and have a great bedside manner.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
We have been with La Jolla IVF for about a year and a half and we can honestly say we’ve never had a negative experience. Every staff member has been extremely compassionate and caring. The nurses are great at educating and making sure you are comfortable and confident with the medication administrations and making sure you have all your appointments set up.
From our experience, Dr Smotrich will inform you what he recommends doing due to the risks/benefits so you can make an informed decision.
La Jolla

David Smotrich is a man of integrity, dedication and professionalism. ... I, the male had an undeveloped Vas Deferens. ... I can tell he is in high demand, with a lot of responsibilities, but he has worked weekends, mornings, and late nights as needed to see our procedures through. ... We requested to have 2 embryos transferred at once, as we do not want to have to go through IVF again, and desire 2 children. He is on board with our plan and did not advise us otherwise, simply made us aware of the risk and everything else involved in the procedures.
Primary nurse [La Jolla IVF] helped thoroughly explain the use of medications and injections. Took our blood samples, and aids in the ultrasound check ups. She is encouraging, passionate, kind and educated. ... They remember us by name every time we go in, and the nursing staff even gives my wife hugs out of their pure excitement for us to get pregnant.
David Smotrich is a man of integrity, dedication and professionalism. We are just one of who knows how many clients he has, and we have consulted with him every single visit thus far. I can tell he is in high demand, with a lot of responsibilities, but he has worked weekends, mornings, and late nights as needed to see our procedures through. I think he has worked 70+ days in a row, which shows not only his dedication to his responsibilities, but it shows his passion for what he does, and is obviously one of the best in the game.
Trust his opinion. Everything he thought was the case, ended up being the case. A true professional with much wisdom and experience.
Dr. Smotrich and his team go above and beyond to make us feel comfortable and to ensure our understanding of every process. They remember us by name every time we go in, and the nursing staff even gives my wife hugs out of their pure excitement for us to get pregnant.
Our story was I, the male had an undeveloped Vas Deferens. Through semen analysis via La Jolla IVF and Genetic Testing, DR. Smotrich referred me to a Urologist Dr. Bastuba. Long story short, we loved his referral, he nailed the problem, we retrieved my sperm, Dr. Smotrich retrieve my wifes eggs and all said and done we have 7 healthy embryos for transfer. Our transfer date is in 3 days and everything is going perfectly. The injections and medications have always been well directed, and dosages adjusted accordingly. He knows what he's doing.
Primary nurse helped thoroughly explain the use of medications and injections. Took our blood samples, and aids in the ultrasound check ups. She is encouraging, passionate, kind and educated. Great nurse
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
Very organized and professional clinic with all around good doctors, lab techs, nurses, and staff. Only issue was the time of response from the front office staff on getting some requested documents, but this was due to that person being on vacation at the time of the request.
Roughly $18,000 through this point. Includes initial bloodwork, genetic testing, semen analysis, all ultrasound and bloodwork appointments, cost of IVF, cost of Egg Retrieval surgery, lab cost to create/ test embryos, cost of medications through this point.
La Jolla

I'm 38y with low AMH. ... He [Dr. Smotrich] leans toward multiple embryo transfer (2) due to the higher success rates due to my age. ... He is very clear, concise, and easy to understand. I really like his approach during the appointments as he writes everything down at each visit and then goes over it with me in detail to ensure I understand. ... As a result, I feel confident that he is treating me specifically and not a number; as a result, I haven't had to self advocate.
Costs were clearly broken down and were comparable to other clinics. ... When I asked for receipts for credit card charges they [La Jolla IVF] produced them immediately. ... Lupe [nurse] and the rest of the staff were all very helpful and very organized. All appointments went smoothly. I appreciate that when I called she always called me back to answer my questions. The staff was very helpful with training me on all the injections.
I'm in my first IVF stimulation cycle, about to undergo egg retrieval. I've had a very positive experience to-date. Dr. Smotrich is very confident in his methods and I can see why as I'm having success with my 1st stim protocol. I appreciate that when I ask questions, about how things could go wrong, he redirects me and assures me that in my case such issues are not expected. He is very clear, concise, and easy to understand. I really like his approach during the appointments as he writes everything down at each visit and then goes over it with me in detail to ensure I understand. The detail has helped relieve my anxiety about next steps and expectations. I'm grateful for his knowledge, experience, patience and encouragement.
Ask questions as he is will take his time to answer them for you.
Dr. Smotrich, greets both my husband and I by name. Each time we meet he discusses specific details relating to my case and my past experiences. As a result, I feel confident that he is treating me specifically and not a number; as a result, I haven't had to self advocate. Although he is personable and kind, I appreciate that he gets right to the point but leaves me time to ask questions and I never feel rushed. He is also very encouraging which helps during my 1st IVF cycle as I'm not sure what to expect.
I'm 38y with low AMH. My protocol consisted of Menopur, Gonal-F, and Ganirelix. On day 11, I produced 15 follicles 19-20mm- success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed). (Assigned nurse: Lupe)
Lupe and the rest of the staff were all very helpful and very organized. All appointments went smoothly. I appreciate that when I called she always called me back to answer my questions. The staff was very helpful with training me on all the injections. When I asked for receipts for credit card charges they produced them immediately.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
I think I've covered it. Strengths: organized, everything runs smoothly from the patient perspective, you don't feel like a number, Dr. is very detailed and writes everything down to ensure the patient understands. Weaknesses: I haven't identified anything yet.
Costs were clearly broken down and were comparable to other clinics.
He leans toward multiple embryo transfer (2) due to the higher success rates due to my age.
La Jolla

[Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility is a] Beautiful new facility with everything done in house, from blood draws to surgeries, to retrievals. The embryos are stored there too. All equipment is state of the art. Easy to make appointments and reach them when needed...[nurses are] Always on point with responding to emails quickly...[Dr. Banafsheh] made sure to be aggressive in her medication dosage early on and monitored me extra closely to make sure we were on track. Before transfer, she completed diagnostic tests that revealed fibroids. Other providers wouldn’t have been so diligent. She set me up for success...Due to my history of pprom, she explained the necessity of only transferring one embryo to hopefully avoid complications in the future...She was very caring. Went above and beyond to make sure I was supported both medically and emotionally. She was always available to answer questions and help ease my fears.
Her attention to detail and compassion made me feel at ease during a very emotionally trying time. She was sympathetic to my history and set realistic expectations and goals. She is very organized and tailors her treatment to each individual Patient. Her bed side manner was excellent. I felt supported through the whole process.
Don’t hesitate. She is the best of the best. I only wish I found her earlier in my journey
With my last experience and Doctor, he failed to monitor me closely and I ovulated prior to my retrieval date. Dr Kashani, made sure to be aggressive in her medication dosage early on and monitored me extra closely to make sure we were on track. Before transfer, she completed diagnostic tests that revealed fibroids. Other providers wouldn’t have been so diligent. She set me up for success.
Always on point with responding to emails quickly
Under 20,000
Newport Beach
Dr. Kashani's care is unparalleled. Her level of knowledge and attention to each individual patient is a blessing in a world of heartbreak with infertility. She takes care to explain things to patients, presents options, and goes through every possible outcome and factor. I wish every patient could have her as not only their doctor, but their advocate...love and passion for her work is like nothing we had ever seen. She truly cares about each patient, calling to check on them personally and offering options and various courses for treatments. She explains risks and possibilities and really makes it a group decision with her as the physician. I wish every patient could have her as not only their doctor, but their advocate. She really wants her patients to have the best outcome possible every
The entire staff [at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility] cares so much about patients. They are rooting for you the whole way. Natalie, my assigned nurse coordinator, called me and checked in on me. When I struggled with an injection we even did FaceTime so she could help us...It is a newer clinic so the expertise of the physicians and the exceptional lab are two things that surpass any other clinic in the Orange County area. They also work with you on payments (we used 4 different credit cards) and they explain every possible option to make what you need become a real option.
Dr. Kashani's love and passion for her work is like nothing we had ever seen. She truly cares about each patient, calling to check on them personally and offering options and various courses for treatments. She explains risks and possibilities and really makes it a group decision with her as the physician. I wish every patient could have her as not only their doctor, but their advocate. She really wants her patients to have the best outcome possible every time.
My piece of advice for a future patient would be to be complete honest. Put everything on the table. Give her every single piece of information no matter how important or unimportant you think it is-- allow her to decide as the expert.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed). (Assigned nurse: Natalie)
The entire staff cares so much about patients. They are rooting for you the whole way. Natalie, my assigned nurse coordinator, called me and checked in on me. When I struggled with an injection we even did FaceTime so she could help us.
Newport Beach
We did a split cycle with our egg donor [with Dr. David Smotrich]...I have never had a doctor call me personally every step along the way, never. I cannot say enough about this man. He is in the top 5 people that I admire... the perfect amount of candor and bedside manner. He is beyond talented in his profession. I have never had a doctor take such personal care with his patients (myself and our surrogate just adore him). We live in MO and flew to CA because of the disappointments in KS and the hope and faith I had in Dr. Smotrich. He has made ours lives so rich in joy and love. My heart just wants to leap out of my chest! I am so grateful!
[Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility are] Super organized. The most caring and personal care I’ve ever received from a physician. I received calls updating me on our egg donor’s check ups, egg retrieval, embryo fertilization updates, etc... all from Dr. Smotrich. Their success rates speak to the knowledge and professionalism of the entire staff...Ezarra and Amy go above and beyond. Our surrogate couldn’t say enough about how awesome Amy was with answering her ever call and email right away!
He is blessed with the perfect amount of candor and bedside manner. He is beyond talented in his profession. I have never had a doctor take such personal care with his patients (myself and our surrogate just adore him). We live in MO and flew to CA because of the disappointments in KS and the hope and faith I had in Dr. Smotrich. He has made ours lives so rich in joy and love. My heart just wants to leap out of my chest! I am so grateful!
Put your faith in him. He will not disappoint. I highly recommend traveling from wherever you live to have this man as your doctor.
Dr Smotrich is amazing. I have never had a doctor call me personally every step along the way, never. I cannot say enough about this man. He is in the top 5 people that I admire. I will be forever grateful to God for this difficult road that led us to him. So much love for him! (Eyes welling!)
We did a split cycle with our egg donor. Our donor’s husband’s situation requires that so IVF as well, and we are very grateful.
Describe your experience with Eden Centers for Advanced Fertility (closed).
I remember that it was comparable to our clinic in KS-so, average costs
He has tremendously high success rates with single and double embryo transfers. Our only cycle with him and we have boy/girl twins!