7.3

550 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30308
404-778-3401

2015, Unsuccessful
Strengths: Dr. Spencer is a good doctor and her interns/fellow were fantastic! ...Dr. Spencer was wonderful. She made sure to give details on what was going one, why she chose the meds she did, and what she thought our outcome would be...Dr. Spencer always made me feel welcomed. She was polite, courteous, gentle, and always showed compassion...My experience overall with her as a doctor was positive.
Weaknesses: Emory's billing department, front desk management, and nurses lack of communication and not knowing which patient you are and mixing up important, details regarding appointments and medication...The nursing staff was nice...they messed up our appointments multiple times, and gave us wrong information about the medications I was supposed to take and when...Beware of Emory and their lack of communication
How was your experience with Jessica Spencer at Emory University Reproductive Center?
As stated before, Dr. Spencer always made me feel welcomed. She was polite, courteous, gentle, and always showed compassion. Her staff also were wonderful to deal with. My experience overall with her as a doctor was positive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Spencer at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Beware of Emory and their lack of communication, lack of billing communication, and nurses not always knowing what medicines you are prescribed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Spencer at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Dr. Spencer was wonderful. She made sure to give details on what was going one, why she chose the meds she did, and what she thought our outcome would be. The reason we left her practice was due to other issues dealing with Emory.
Describe the protocols Jessica Spencer used in your cycles at Emory University Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
When seeing Dr. Spencer, I was undergoing IUIs. From what I can recall, I was on Clomid, Clomid's sister drug, but can't remember the other medicines prescribed. I also can't remember much about the protocols. It was a couple of years ago and I have moved past this experience.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Emory University Reproductive Center.
The nursing staff was nice. However, they never remembered our names (I can sort of understand this, there are a lot of patients), they messed up our appointments multiple times, and gave us wrong information about the medications I was supposed to take and when. A few times, I had to call Dr. Spencer personally to get correct information. Very frustrating.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Strengths: Dr. Spencer is a good doctor and her interns/fellow were fantastic! Weaknesses: Emory's billing department, front desk management, and nurses lack of communication and not knowing which patient you are and mixing up important, details regarding appointments and medication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Spencer at Emory University Reproductive Center.
I do not remember the costs.
Describe Jessica Spencer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Emory University Reproductive Center.
Just that when the doctor thinks it right to transfer two, go with it.
What specific things went wrong at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Emory University Reproductive Center.
I have already stated the problems in the prior boxes.
Jessica Spencer
2015, Unsuccessful
Dr. Bowling did her absolute best to help me and help me understand everything i had going on i would definitely go back to see her. She checked on me after my IUI the three times i had it with her was unsuccessful and she was able to tell me my next steps but I wasn't financially ready to take those steps and she understood and told me she will be there when I needef to come back
Expensive, busy but attentive and great doctors. Flexible schedule open sometimes on Saturday. Sometimes they [Emory University Repro Ctr] were over booked and ot was long wait times. The area was always busy traffic and I really like Dr bowling so I drove far to see her.... Dr. Bowling did her absolute best to help me and help me understand everything i had going on i would definitely go back to see her.
How was your experience with Meaghan Bowling at Emory University Reproductive Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Meaghan Bowling at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Be prepared financially if possible
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Meaghan Bowling at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Very professional and caring
In a rush
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Expensive, busy but attentive and great doctors. Flexible schedule open sometimes on Saturday. Sometimes they were over booked and ot was long wait times. The area was always busy traffic and I really like Dr bowling so I drove far to see her.
Meaghan Bowling
Atlanta

Dr Schirmer is very good at explaining biological issues. However, he does not know all the in's and outs of financial repercussions or timing of ordering prescriptions, so there was a lot of non-communication between him and his support staff...always ask follow-up questions and what if scenarios. "What are my next steps? Who should I contact? What if my medication doesn't come in time? If I miss an appointment or am 15 minutes late, what should I do?"
There are multiple [Emory University Reproductive Center] nurses that will read your messages in the portal. The portal does not allow a "reply" feature, and their names are not found in the portal...My insurance covered my first round, but very little medication. $7k total after insurance...[clinic error]They didn't submit orders to the pharmacy multiple times in my case. Which led to scraping my treatment half way through 1 round, and also having to delay another round.
How was your experience with David Austin Schirmer III at Emory University Reproductive Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Austin Schirmer III at Emory University Reproductive Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Austin Schirmer III at Emory University Reproductive Center?
The care team uses online portals to communicate, and were extremely poor at doing so. There were multiple nurses reading my messages, and they wouldn't read previous conversation threads, so they'd ask similar questions or not answer my questions. And it took at least 24 hours to receive any form of response. I would call their after hours line frequently with questions, and they'd respond with "i'll enter your question into the portal". Due to this poor communication, I had 2 months of cancelled treatment because I couldn't get prescriptions sent in time or ordered correctly. Horrible.
There are multiple nurses that will read your messages in the portal. The portal does not allow a "reply" feature, and their names are not found in the portal. It is a nightmare. I've been to 2 other fertility places, and they both use better systems and communicate in a timely manner without shuffling cases.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
The Clinic stinks. They forgot to take my payments, with-held treating me until the balance of my previous treatment was sorted out with my insurance, and they don't answer their phones. It feels like no one knows what they're doing because you can't reach them, or there are too many cooks in the kitchen.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Austin Schirmer III at Emory University Reproductive Center.
David Austin Schirmer III

2017 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Kawwass is very blunt, but she does make you feel taken care of. I do feel a little bit like a number, and I wish that her care was a bit more holistic...[new patient advice] Be ready to take notes, come informed, and ask a lot of questions. She is very smart and blunt, but you can meet her with being informed yourself so that you are not learning the basics there with her and can dig into more important questions or things that are specific to you.
[Emory University Reproductive Center] Strengths are that they have lots of appointments and seem to always be able to accommodate my scheduling needs. Weaknesses are that I do not feel like I have had enough time or personal experience with my doctor...If we pursue IVF the cost will be at least $20,000 per needed cycle. If we do an IUI that will be only around $1,000.00
How was your experience with Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Dr. Kawwass is very blunt, but she does make you feel taken care of. I do feel a little bit like a number, and I wish that her care was a bit more holistic. Sometimes I worry that she doesn't take into account our whole fertility picture, but it's hard to see considering we have not started treatment yet.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Dr. Kawwass is very blunt. She has been good so far, but I feel like her treatment could be more thorough. Overall I am happy with her care so far.
Some of the nurses are super nice and helpful, while others just made me feel like I was a piece of meat walking through the office. I wish that they would be a bit more personal.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center.
If we pursue IVF the cost will be at least $20,000 per needed cycle. If we do an IUI that will be only around $1,000.00. It seems expensive, but variable.
What specific things went wrong at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Once my husband was ordered to take a test and went to the location for the test, but the doctor/clinic had not actually called it in. This was an inconvenience for us as we had to physically return to the clinic and ask them to order the test for him, then physically return to the location for the test.
Jennifer Kawwass