550 Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30308
404-778-3401

She [Dr. Heather Hipp] is such a kind-hearted person. No matter what time of day, if I have any questions, I send her an email and she is super quick to respond. She shows how genuinely she cares about you and the rough process you are going through.... We have only been seeing her for a couple of months, but our first visit with her we already knew that she was going to be the dr we choose. She truly shows how much she cares, and puts everything into the end goal, which is to get a successful pregnancy.
Overall, clinic [Emory University] is great. However, I did have an issue regarding the financial coordinator. I was trying to contact her to ask how much my appt would be out of pocket and she didn't reach out to me until after my appointment.... She [Dr. Heather Hipp] is such a kind-hearted person. No matter what time of day, if I have any questions, I send her an email and she is super quick to respond. She shows how genuinely she cares about you and the rough process you are going through
How was your experience with Heather Hipp at Emory University Reproductive Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heather Hipp at Emory University Reproductive Center?
She is such a kind-hearted person. No matter what time of day, if I have any questions, I send her an email and she is super quick to respond. She shows how genuinely she cares about you and the rough process you are going through.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Helen)
She is very sweet, and if I can't get a hold of the dr, she is quick to respond.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Overall, clinic is great. However, I did have an issue regarding the financial coordinator. I was trying to contact her to ask how much my appt would be out of pocket and she didn't reach out to me until after my appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heather Hipp at Emory University Reproductive Center.
Still undergoing that process...
Describe Heather Hipp's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Emory University Reproductive Center.
We advised us that it would be best to only transfer one at a time. This would benefit from health risks as well as multiples.
Heather Hipp
Atlanta

combination of empathy and competence makes her [Dr. Kawwass] uniquely suited to excel as a reproductive endocrinologist, an area of medicine where emotions run high. Her confidence was contagious and reassuring...Come prepared with any and all questions--she will take the time to answer all of them and make sure you have the information you need...was very attentive to my wife's risk for OHSS, and the protocol was adjusted to maximize the retrieval number while minimizing risk. 75 Menopur, 150 Folistim, Ganirelix, Pregnyl trigger. One frozen embryo was transferred to me after BCPs, leuprolide acetate, estrogen patches (up to 4 every other day), 200ml IM progesterone, and prometrium vaginal suppositories 3 times/day.
a singleton live birth is considered success by the Emory Reproductive Center. It was highly recommended that we transfer one embryo since we did PGS...Strengths: The doctors and their team approach to treatment. The nurses, including the night/weekend nurse Michelle (she was always open to answering questions and providing adequate context and explanation). Weaknesses: The billing and financial side of the house. While very friendly, communication could have been better. It is strangely difficult to pay them because you have to hunt down this one person (Tereon, who is never at her desk) to take your information instead of paying online or having a centralized number where multiple people could take your CC info. I recommend double-checking your insurance claims for accuracy.
How was your experience with Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Dr. Kawwass is hands-down one of the best, if not THE best, doctors we have ever had in any specialty. Her combination of empathy and competence makes her uniquely suited to excel as a reproductive endocrinologist, an area of medicine where emotions run high. Her confidence was contagious and reassuring.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Dr. Kawwass always knew us and our history before meeting with us. She demonstrated genuine compassion and concern for our previous pregnancy-related complications, and she inspired confidence in her treatment plan and our ultimate success.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Kawwass used in your cycles at Emory University Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Kawwass was very attentive to my wife's risk for OHSS, and the protocol was adjusted to maximize the retrieval number while minimizing risk. 75 Menopur, 150 Folistim, Ganirelix, Pregnyl trigger. One frozen embryo was transferred to me after BCPs, leuprolide acetate, estrogen patches (up to 4 every other day), 200ml IM progesterone, and prometrium vaginal suppositories 3 times/day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
My primary nurse changed mid-treatment because my original nurse (Lutissa) left the clinic. My care was not interrupted, and Mary and Nancy picked up where Lutissa left off. Nancy is little more no-nonsense and is reluctant to classify any symptoms or experiences as "normal". I appreciated her willingness to distinguish when patients should or should not be concerned. Mary is very kind, compassionate, encouraging, and competent. Her answers to questions were always reassuring and optimistic (when appropriate). Even when sharing mixed news (e.g. a great, thick lining but a low serum E2), she was reassuring.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Describe Jennifer Kawwass's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Emory University Reproductive Center.
Dr. Kawwass clearly conveyed that a singleton live birth is considered success by the Emory Reproductive Center. It was highly recommended that we transfer one embryo since we did PGS. We felt confident in this decision.
Atlanta

I came into the treatment knowing I would be a poor responder to meds due to my high FSH and very low AMH. ... Dr. Kawwass talked to me on the phone and helped calm me down. She did not make me feel hopeless like previous doctors. She said we would change up the protocol and that everyone was different and we would find something that worked for me.
Emory does not discriminate based on your initial hormone levels or prognosis. They do not refuse treatment. ... I was treated by multiple doctors there and I was confident and trusting that each one knew exactly what they were doing and treated me with the upmost care. ... I never felt like a number at Emory. ... Just had one mix up over the phone with a nurse on date of an IUI but all was corrected before any damage was done.
I found doctor Kawwass after trying 2 other clinics int he area and the experience was night and day. I came into the treatment knowing I would be a poor responder to meds due to my high FSH and very low AMH. When my first attempts at injections did not produce the results I was hoping for Dr. Kawwass talked to me on the phone and helped calm me down. She did not make me feel hopeless like previous doctors. She said we would change up the protocol and that everyone was different and we would find something that worked for me. Sure enough we did and this has resulted in my first pregnancy ever. Dr. Kawwass's empathy and kindness were a shining light in a scary and difficult time.
Dr. Kawwass will be realistic but also positive about your treatment options. Trust her. She is very knowledgeable and professional.
This is why I had switched clinics 2 times previously. I never felt like a number at Emory. Each treatment is an individualized approach with a doctor who cares about you and your results.
1st attempt (IUI) we used letrozole and I produced 3 mature follicles. The IUI was unsuccessful. 2nd (IVF) attempt we used an antagonist protocol with birth control pills. This resulted in only one follicle maturing and we converted to an IUI which was unsuccessful. 3rd attempt (IVF) we changed up my med protocol to estrogen patches (fearing the birth control pills had over suppressed me) Chlomid for 5 days and then lower doses of meds (75 Menopur and 150 Follistim) This resulted in 7 eggs, 6 mature, 2 good quality and transferred back on day 3. 9 weeks of pregnancy with 1 singleton. So far ultrasounds are going well and I have been released to choose regular obgyn.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Emory University Reproductive Center.
Very prompt responses. Knowledgeable. I always felt safe trusting their advice and recommendations.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Emory does not discriminate based on your initial hormone levels or prognosis. They do not refuse treatment. Even though they are not choosing preferred patients (which is how I felt about the other clinics) their success rates are still some of the highest out there. I was treated by multiple doctors there and I was confident and trusting that each one knew exactly what they were doing and treated me with the upmost care. They each treated me as if they were my primary doctor and this is what has resulted in my pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Kawwass at Emory University Reproductive Center.
Cost for IUI, meds, and procedure totaled approximately 20-21K
I am very happy we went with a day 3, qty 2 embryo transfer. None of mine made it to freeze and I think the early transfer was what was best for them. They took time to warn me about the chance of multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Emory University Reproductive Center.
Atlanta
Dr. Kawwass felt like we needed to transfer both of our embryos at the same time given my age and to get us pregnant. It worked with 1 of them!...asked us in depth questions other doctors had not asked. She was very sensitive to what we had been through with 1 failed IVF cycle and didn't make huge promises. She was always very candid and cautious but optimistic. Her kind and genuine demeanor made us feel like she cared about us and wasn't trying to "sell" IVF to us or any process. She let us decide how we wanted to try to get pregnant.
Our nurse, care coordinator and all of the nursing staff [at Emory University Reproductive Center] were so kind. They all were pleasant each day we were at their office and knew me by name after my second appointment...The clinic is great about scheduling where you do not wait long at all. I've been to other doctor's where you felt like you were in a "baby mill" because of all of the people waiting. The only weakness is the parking of the Midtown office, but that's to be expected with Atlanta!
Dr. Kawwass loves what she does and it shows. She immediately assessed the diagnosis of our previous doctor and informed me I was not in pre-menopause as the other doctor had stated. She was clear that we had some unexplained reasons for not getting pregnant but checked on things the other doctor hadn't. She was great about reviewing our previous medical history and results and made changes to the protocol that I firmly believe got us pregnant. Her kindness and directness made us feel like she wasn't "selling" us and wanted to make sure we were taking the road we actually wanted to take.
Call her ASAP if you are having issues getting pregnant. She will be honest about your results and will dive into many aspects of your health and medical history to try and find the true reason behind your infertility. She's also extremely sensitive to how hard the process is and you feel like she cares and wants to help.
Dr. Kawwass asked us in depth questions other doctors had not asked. She was very sensitive to what we had been through with 1 failed IVF cycle and didn't make huge promises. She was always very candid and cautious but optimistic. Her kind and genuine demeanor made us feel like she cared about us and wasn't trying to "sell" IVF to us or any process. She let us decide how we wanted to try to get pregnant.
Dr. Kawwass put me on the max dosage of the stimulation medications, used estrogen patches instead of birth control to set my hormone levels and also put me on the max progesterone injections. Her methods were to get as many eggs as she could given my age.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Anderson)
Our nurse, care coordinator and all of the nursing staff were so kind. They all were pleasant each day we were at their office and knew me by name after my second appointment. I felt like I was in a family's home not a doctor's office due to the intimate nature of their office and quick wait time for each appointment.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Our insurance had infertility coverage so the costs with Dr. Kawwass were pleasantly smaller than our last experience without insurance.
What specific things went wrong at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Only one time our nurse forgot to schedule the ultrasound. We arrived to the clinic and they didn't have our appointment scheduled. But the staff immediately worked to get us in and we waited less than 20 minutes for the ultrasound. Great response if you ask me :)
Atlanta

Dr. Spencer and her team were extremely responsive to my needs. ... Dr. Spencer was careful tweak my dosages little by little to prevent over-stimulation during my initial IVF stimulation cycle. ... Dr. Spencer personally performed and oversaw all of my procedures ... She took the time to meet with us and discussed all our diagnoses and options fully. We never felt rushed, and her bedside manner is impeccable. ...
Monitoring appointments [Emory] were held during the same window of time each day ... nearly always completed in 15 - 20 minutes or less. ... I experienced a scheduling mishap during my initial screening for IVF candidacy. ... I paid roughly $25,000 out-of-pocket for IVF treatment ... Billing was sometimes slower than I would have liked, but we received detailed invoicing and plenty of time in which to pay our bills. ...
How was your experience with Jessica Spencer at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Dr. Spencer is extremely knowledgeable! She was able to fully answer mine and my husband's questions on the spot and in terms we could easily understand. She took the time to meet with us and discussed all our diagnoses and options fully. We never felt rushed, and her bedside manner is impeccable. Dr. Spencer personally performed and oversaw all of my procedures, and we received a positive outcome following our first cycle and frozen transfer!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jessica Spencer at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Ask a lot of questions to set expectations because Dr. Spencer will provide complete and honest answers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jessica Spencer at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Dr. Spencer and her team were extremely responsive to my needs. All my questions and concerns were answered and alleviated quickly, and my care and outcome were top notch!
Describe the protocols Jessica Spencer used in your cycles at Emory University Reproductive Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Spencer was careful tweak my dosages little by little to prevent over-stimulation during my initial IVF stimulation cycle. I underwent additional monitoring to ensure any changes in medication dosage took the desired effects. My stimulation cycle took a couple days longer than initially anticipated, but her careful attention to detail ensured that she was able to retrieve 18 mature eggs from which to work while also keeping me healthy throughout.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Emory University Reproductive Center. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
The nursing staff was very compassionate and responsive to my needs. All questions and concerns were answered and addressed within a business day or less.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
Most visits were quick and easy. I did experience one mishap with scheduling, though the doctor and nursing staff were able to accommodate me anyhow. The team is fairly organized, and it's clear they abide by strict routines and policies to make certain day-to-day operations run as smoothly as possible. Billing was sometimes slower than I would have liked, but we received detailed invoicing and plenty of time in which to pay our bills.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Emory University Reproductive Center.
Monitoring appointments were held during the same window of time each day, however, each patient was provided with their own specific appointment time, so I never waited more than 5 or 10 minutes to be seen. Once I was called back, my ultrasound and bloodwork procedures were completed immediately. My monitoring appointments were nearly always completed in 15 - 20 minutes or less.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jessica Spencer at Emory University Reproductive Center.
I paid roughly $25,000 out-of-pocket for IVF treatment, including all anesthesia, procedures, and additional monitoring. My various prescriptions costs were about $3,500.
What specific things went wrong at Emory University Reproductive Center?
I experienced a scheduling mishap during my initial screening for IVF candidacy. The doctor and the nursing staff were able to accommodate me on-the-spot, so no repeat visits or testing were ever required.
Jessica Spencer

2016, Consult
To ensure my safety and the safety of the baby, Dr. Hipp recommended that a single embryo transfer was more adequate due to my health and age...She spent a great deal of time explaining treatment and answering all questions we had...She has been very insightful and forthcoming with her explanations. She listened and understood my concerns and did not make me feel like she was bias toward any particular treatment plan as we are all different.
The clinic [Emory University Reproductive Center] communicates extremely well. We have not had any bad experiences with this clinic thus far. We have not experienced any weaknesses since we have been seen at this clinic. We are still in the beginning stages of our consultation with Dr. Hipp and her team, so we can't comment very accurately on their strengths vs their weaknesses. It has been nothing but strengths up to this point.
I have only seen her for the initial consultation, blood work, and workup for health screening. She has been fantastic in explaining the procedure and initial steps of the overall process and what it will and could entail. She has been very insightful and forthcoming with her explanations. She listened and understood my concerns and did not make me feel like she was bias toward any particular treatment plan as we are all different. We will have our IVF orientation in the next couple of weeks when we are able to schedule the visit.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heather Hipp at Emory University Reproductive Center?
Be proactive and schedule your visits ahead of time. Her name is spreading quickly through the community and she is booking up new appointments quickly. Write down all or any questions you may have prior to your visit so you do not forget anything.
Describe your experience with Emory University Reproductive Center.
The clinic communicates extremely well. We have not had any bad experiences with this clinic thus far. We have not experienced any weaknesses since we have been seen at this clinic. We are still in the beginning stages of our consultation with Dr. Hipp and her team, so we can't comment very accurately on their strengths vs their weaknesses. It has been nothing but strengths up to this point.
During our initial consultation, we were given paperwork with rough numbers and prices for some specific treatments. When we go in for our orientation, we will go over specifics to the treatment plan and talk about exact costs. From what I have read during my research, the cost for treatment at Emory are similar to standard prices across the board.
Heather Hipp