Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Extend Fertility to a friend?

9.7

Dr. Klein's practice [Extend Fertility] is staffed with warm nurses who greet you on those early morning blood test/ultra sound runs. They are careful and sensitive paying much attention to making you feel comfortable and under the greatest care.... Dr. Klein's Manhattan and new Brooklyn are beautiful airy and clean. There's a team of nurses and Dr's who are driven to help you achieve results. They also give you space to decide how you would like to move forward and are there to advise you on the best protocol. Trust them.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein's practice is staffed with warm nurses who greet you on those early morning blood test/ultra sound runs. They are careful and sensitive paying much attention to making you feel comfortable and under the greatest care. Understandably results lie in G-d's hands but they are super positive and hopeful always wishing you well and to hear good news.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toby)
Toby is straightforward yet kind and compassionate always wishing for good news. Clear with instructions too.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr.Klein has much experience in the field of RE and is highly regarded in the world of medicine. We chose him to assist us in our dream to become parents and are confident that will happen soon. His practice makes takes special care to understand religious and cultural restrictions in the world of assisted reproductive technology, adjusting timing of cycles accordingly. Each time we got to be seen by Dr. Klein we felt cared for and he was generally upbeat and more than willing to answer any of our Questions or concerns. Each cycle of ours was unique and there was always an attempt to make this one the best yet. We were advised to continue with ivf after 1 year of trying various other treatments. We will be doing so soon.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Come early to your appointments because you will be seen based on your arrival time!
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
Most of our cycles went as planned. For some reason clomid and injectibles only got us 1 egg follicle each time which was a bummer. Twice we needed to slow down ovulation with ganirelex due to cultural restrictions. With unexplained infertility and no male factor issues we haven't gotten pregnant yet. Dr. Klein suggested ivf for our case but we pushed off a little bit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.
695 clomid/letrozol cycle (not including meds) 1350 injectible cycle ( not including meds) 200 iui
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
Haven't done ivf yet but I know Dr. Klein is not one for multiples as he's made it clear many times.
Extend

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.

5 Eggs Frozen
They [Extend Fertility] failed to inform me that the doctor that I worked with for 6 months to freeze my eggs was not going to actually going to do the procedure! A per diem was going to take on my complex case. That was not what I signed up for. I paid this hard-earned money with no help from a loan or an insurance, that is the least I could have expected. ... That is unacceptable. I should have had the heads up to make a sound decision, instead of feeling pressed 10 mins before surgery in my hospital gown.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic did not inform me that on Sabbath day my doctor will not show and that instead I would get a low-rated 'fertility' doctor. That is unacceptable. I should have had the heads up to make a sound decision, instead of feeling pressed 10 mins before surgery in my hospital gown.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
He clearly had not looked at my file before he came in to perform surgery on me. My medical history is complex so it was obvious, he was scrolling through his stack of papers. He had to continuously leave the room to search for more information on the computer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jordana)
I do not have any grievances with the nurses, they were all very nice, so was my care coordinator. Actually, the time I came in a week after my first ER visit, 2 of the nurses asked me if I needed help getting dressed. That is how bad my infection was, they felt sorry for me. I am fair and would rate them fairly, according to my experience.
What specific things went wrong at Extend Fertility?
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Guarnaccia came in as a tourist to perform surgery on me. It was the first time I saw him, ever, he was the per diem who came in to cover for my actual doctor that Saturday. Unlucky me. He asked me if I had any medical concerns. This was the first bad sign. When I said heart disease, history of fibroids, cysts and a clotting disorder, he started scrolling through his stack of papers. I was a little nervous at that point. He also asked me who "Jane Doe" was and I said she works here. I got alarmed then. He proceeded to go to the computer to get acquainted with my record as this was not necessarily going to be a walk in the park as he had expected. I took that moment to asked the nurse who that was. They explained my doc who I was confident in and choose to care for me, was away for Sabbath and this was the per diem who was going to perform the surgery. No one informed me of this ahead of time and I almost felt obliged to accept it. All I could think of as a patient was, I don't even know him, I just meet him and he doesn't seem competent; as well as all the money, injections, time off that it took to get to that day to freeze my eggs. I told myself it will all be fine, although I almost wanted to call my boyfriend who was sitting in the waiting room. However, the anesthesiologist came in, he knew exactly what he was doing and I thought it would be ok. A day after my surgery, I had intense pain at work ( i have a high pain tolerance) and my boss sent me home. I called my actual fertility doctor who said everyone reacts differently, if pain persists come for a visit. As far as the results, I am young with no ferlility issues whatsoever, but from the expected 12 eggs to be frozen, we only got 5. My actual doctor admitted it was very unusual. Unfortunately, the pain came back stronger a few weeks later. Basically, I was rushed to the ER from work - they said I had a cyst. Went home, still in pain for a week so I went to my actual doctor and he prescribed me medications. One more week of pain, I am rushed to the ER from my obgyn's office! She tells me this is bad and that I might lose my ovary. I got emergency surgery as the doctors at the hospital feared me losing my ovary due to an hemorraghic cyst. I was crushed. They said consent to have your ovary removed and I just felt numb at that point. When I woke up from surgery, my boyfriend tells me, you still have both your ovaries, instead I had been carrying a 6-week old infection that spread puss to my ovaries, uterus, abdomen, colon/rectum. You can imagine how I felt, emotionally and physically, all this pain. Infections are extremely rare and this was a very bad one. Because of all of this, my fallopian tubes are scared and I will probably need IVF to conceive as is will not happen spontaneously. I was just freezing my eggs as an option because of my heart and fibroid history. Basically, I have reduced my options when I thought I was being smart. And I wonder if this is what killed half of my eggs at retrieval. When I found this site and saw his reviews, I cried, I knew I had been screwed by this doctor. I had to be out recovering for about 3 months, not working. Ended up having to move upstate due to my precarious situation. My living condition is good but very stressful. I got the flu and to top it all, my second heart attack now. I will stop here but you get the point, my entire life has been hanged for the worst. I am thankful to this site and the other reviewers for sharing their story. I am not one to leave a review ever but I felt like a responsibility for anyone debating Dr. G’s care. With such a low review rate, I wonder why he’s even practicing and those hiring him to still be out there are to do their due diligence and be responsible.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Save yourself a bad ending. In my opinion, he should not be practicing and not hired as a per diem. You would think he is qualified and that you should trust him. I fell victim of an unprepared doctor with overwhelmingly bad reviews. Perhaps he has a calling in another field but not fertility.
Describe the protocols Michael Guarnaccia used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
Dr. Guarnaccia was the per diem performing my retrieval, the most crucial part of the process. He was not part of that process. I was unaware he would perform the surgery on me. 12 eggs were retrieve and only 5 were frozen. All I know is that this was an unexpected result and that I got infected under his care. Also, had extra anti-coagulant shots to take during the hormone treatment because of my blood disorder.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility.
8,500 total
Michael Guarnaccia
Extend

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility.

13 Eggs Frozen
I loved the nursing staff [at Extend Fertility]. They are kind, compassionate, and thorough. Especially the doctors assistants who do the blood work and the vaginal ultra sounds. They gave me as much info as they were able to and were very sweet...Very few things went wrong, but just once or twice felt like we got down to the wire on getting results to adjust medication in time. But it only happened 1 time and otherwise were extremely on top of it.
13 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I love that the clinic is specifically geared towards women freezing eggs and not IVF. Since none of the patience are necessarily ready to have kids, they truly understand the needs of working professional women who are freezing eggs for later. They really kept focused on the fact we are planning for something in the future and likely have very busy lives right now. They are great at scheduling everything in a way that gets you in and out as quickly as possible. There can be personal embarrassment about freezing your eggs and they do such an amazing job of making you feel confident in your decision.
HE took the time to explain everything very well in our intro meeting, while i did not see him a lot during the cycle, he was available if I needed to speak with him and was very nice.
I loved the nursing staff. They are kind, compassionate, and thorough. Especially the doctors assistants who do the blood work and the vaginal ultra sounds. They gave me as much info as they were able to and were very sweet.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
He was knowledgable, kind, and was willing to explain every detail and possible outcome. I appreciated his candor and felt very comfortable speaking with him. And that I was in good care. My procedure went as expected and I felt like he was honest about my odds of retrieving healthy eggs. Which turned out even better than i expected. I was very comfortable in his care.
You won't see him too much, but i was not too concerned about that. Overall the clinic sets a style of working with patients that I appreciated.
It was well under the rates at other clinics.

21 Eggs Frozen
Everyone [Extend Fertility] was so friendly and willing to help. The only thing I didn’t love was that everyday you saw different people- basically whoever was on call that day. I never had a doctor or nurse assigned to me....They were very flexible with appointment times...Everyone knew my name and remembered me between cycles...Sarah was my fertility advisor and was amazing-I would email her with any questions or concerns and she always responded quickly.
21 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Everyone was so friendly and willing to help. The only thing I didn’t love was that everyday you saw different people- basically whoever was on call that day. I never had a doctor or nurse assigned to me. I just got lucky and mainly saw the ones I felt the most comfortable with.
Everyone knew my name and remembered me between cycles
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Steinle)
Sarah was my fertility advisor and was amazing-I would email her with any questions or concerns and she always responded quickly. I saw Ana the sonographer for most of my ultrasound-she was the best! So caring and informative. All the medical assistants were great- never had someone take my blood with such ease and barely any pain. All the nurses who called with medication information were so helpful with any questions. So thankful for Tania and Angela who went out of their way to help me!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I only saw him once or twice for each of my two cycles but always made me feel comfortable and told me everything I needed to know- answering all questions. He did my second retrieval and made me feel at ease.
Ask him any questions you have to make sure you understand all steps and feel comfortable about the procedure
Follistim 375 iu Menopur 2-3 vials/day cetrotide 4-5 shots, and ovidril trigger shot
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
They were very flexible with appointment times- able to go in really early (7am) when needed to go to work. But was also able to do later around 9 when didn’t have to rush in. Appointments were quick and usually less than 30 minutes. I would get my blood taken then have an ultrasound then would be done.
They had plans based on your blood work and age. I paid $8050 for 3 cycles or 15 eggs whichever came first. I then had to pay $450 for storage and for medications. I got lucky and only had to pay for copays since my insurance covered most of the meds. My total medication cost for 2 cycles was $900

23 Eggs Frozen
There was only 1 day where they [nurses at Extend Fertility] didn't call me at the designated time to provide dosage instructions. I left a message with them and Dr. Klein called me within 30 min with instructions. I will say, they aren't the best with drawing blood. One nurse poked me a few times before I asked for a different nurse...Stimulation - $4990 Medication - $3052...The clinic is great in that it doesn't feel clinic-y at all. The lobby is warm and comfortable. I never saw more than 4 patients waiting in the lobby at one time. I have been to other clinics that felt cold, uncomfortable, and had farms of patients waiting to be called.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Dr. Klein's consultation was very extensive and detailed. He made it personal and applicable to me, my age, my current situation. Our consultation lasted over an hour. It never felt rushed, and I received much more information and guidance than I expected. I have heard that with many other clinics, the nurses handle the office visits and the doctor is only seen at the time of egg extraction. This was not the case at Extend Fertility, as Dr. Klein participated in every single office visit.
Overall the nursing staff was great. I did not have a specific nurse I worked with, but they were all great, responsive, communicative, etc. There was only 1 day where they didn't call me at the designated time to provide dosage instructions. I left a message with them and Dr. Klein called me within 30 min with instructions. I will say, they aren't the best with drawing blood. One nurse poked me a few times before I asked for a different nurse.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Joshua Klein did a wonderful job of making me feel like a human, instead of a number. I live in Chicago, but after our initial consultation, it was a no-brainer that I needed to fly to New York to have him do the procedure. I am so happy I did. He participated in every office visit. He took the time to educate me on each decision (timing, medication, etc.) and each step. One day, a nurse forgot to call me with dosage instructions. Dr. Klein called me, himself, to give the proper dosage info. No complaints. He had a very high level of engagement which I couldn't be happier about.
Take advantage of the free consultation! Ask him every question that crosses your mind.
Stimulation occurred over 9 days, with extraction on the 10th day. 1 vial of menupur throughout stimulation. I started with 225 units of Follistim, but it was reduced, as my follicles were growing quite quickly. Can't remember which trigger shot was used. There was logic to which one he wanted me to take, but I can't recall what it was.
Stimulation - $4990 Medication - $3052

23 Eggs Frozen
Extend is mainly for people who want to freeze eggs, so you will not have as many interactions with him [Dr. Klein] as you might if you were going through the full process of IVF, etc. I thought he was fine for the purposes of egg freezing, patient and answered questions throughout the process, but it was really the staff and the educational materials on Extend's website that were the standout for me.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is really nice, and there was never a long wait. I felt like I was going to a spa every time I visited. Very new, sterile, and modern. The educational materials they have available on their website are awesome. Everyone going through the IVF process should read those materials b/c they do such a good job of explaining it in a way that you can understand.
I liked the Extend Fertility, the nurses were very sweet and kind and the clinic was never full. I never had to wait very long for my appointments, and the staff was very kind and understanding.
As I said, the staff was really the standout here. They were really compassionate, always available, and very pleasant.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I did not see Dr. Klein very much through the process, once at consultation and then again at the retrieval, but I did not really feel like I needed to see him that often, given that I was only doing an egg retrieval. He was very pleasant and kind when I did see him though. One thing I feel kind of unsure about is that when I told him that I knew that the success rate of freezing and thawing eggs was not as high as freezing and thawing embryos, he disagreed with me and said otherwise. I am pretty sure that it is a known fact, but since his entire clinics business model is freezing eggs, I'm sure he feels that he has to believe this.
Extend is mainly for people who want to freeze eggs, so you will not have as many interactions with him as you might if you were going through the full process of IVF, etc. I thought he was fine for the purposes of egg freezing, patient and answered questions throughout the process, but it was really the staff and the educational materials on Extend's website that were the standout for me.
I have PCOS so I wasn't on the shots for very long - maybe a week and a half before they triggered with Lupron.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
It was really easy to make appointments, always available before work, and never had to wait long to get seen.
W extend, you pay around $5K. When I shopped around, it would have cost me at least $2K more to do it at a "normal" clinic.

PCOS, Unexplained
Excellent! I think it says something about Dr. Klein that everyone who works in his office [Extend Fertility] is kind and caring. I haven't found one exception. The value there is not on how much money they can rake in, but rather on caring for their patients - and it's across the board...I prefer not to get into specifics. But one thing i knew is that he [Dr. Joshua Klein] always remembered everything of my history and every strategy he used was carefully thought about.
PCOS, Unexplained
This question best sums up where Dr. Klein stands out - he absolutely treats each patient as a human being. Every appointment when he's in the room you feel you have his undivided attention - and he's not just being courteous. He actually is giving you his attention, and thinks about what you're saying or asking. Eventhough when I would email him I would try to be brief and matter of fact so as not to take his time, he always responded very kindly. He goes out of his way for his patients, with a no-big-deal kind of attitude, really special doctor to have.
Excellent! I think it says something about Dr. Klein that everyone who works in his office is kind and caring. I haven't found one exception. The value there is not on how much money they can rake in, but rather on caring for their patients - and it's across the board.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is absolutely everything I could want in a doctor. Of course I'd be even happier if we never had to cross paths for this, but considering the circumstances, I feel so blessed to have him as my doctor. Having a doctor that you can trust is looking out for you and is reachable, explains things clearly really put my mind at ease throughout all the appointments. I didn't dread the visits or worry what would be - I felt like I was in the hands of the best doctor that I could be. He is really exceptional. He is a genuinely kind person, not out of fluff or diplomacy. And from what I understand, every patient feels that he is completely focused on them and creating the best outcome.
Just become his patient. You don't need any other advice.
I prefer not to get into specifics. But one thing i knew is that he always remembered everything of my history and every strategy he used was carefully thought about.

2013 - 2017
PCOS, Unexplained
I was seen in 2 different locations [at Extend Fertility] depending on the day of the week for monitoring and/or IUIs. Parking in Brooklyn was surprisingly good. And the city was ok but it was only on the weekends. I preferred the office in the city from an aesthetic point.... Nursing staff on blood draw days were amazing. Toby was blunt, said things like they were and always clear with directions and good with call backs.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I was seen in 2 different locations depending on the day of the week for monitoring and/or IUIs. Parking in Brooklyn was surprisingly good. And the city was ok but it was only on the weekends. I preferred the office in the city from an aesthetic point.
I have never experienced the care and compassion Dr Klein showed with any dr I’ve ever been to before him.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I wish every physician in every field of medicine was as good as dr klein was as a Dr, both medically as well as emotionally for the patient going through a tough time. He was outstanding. He spent a tremendous amount of time from my very first consult until we had a successful pregnancy and I was discharged, explaining every scenario and walking me and my husband through the process and what to expect. As well as what our options would be moving forward.
To be prepared to have an amazing experience with him and his staff. Just to keep in mind that some days there will be a long wait time.
One thing that stands out is how I was not responding well to injectables and had to continue taking them longer than the expected time. Dr Klein kept a close watch every step of the way to ensure that we scheduled the IUI at the most optimal time, and not have too many viable eggs available, which he warned could result in a higher chance of multiples.
Dr Klein did not accept insurance when I was a patient. But my insurance had zero infertility coverage. Since I had to pay out of pocket regardless of who I saw, he was my first choice and priced well compared to other doctors.
I very much wanted twins when we discussed IVF as a possibility, and Dr Klein explained the downsides very well and after his explanation I do not believe it is something I’d opt for moving forward.
Extend

He [Dr. Joshua Klein] was very honest, and didn't sugar coat anything, but did so with so much sensitivity, and warmth, which made all the difference for me. The few other times that I saw his partner [at Extend Fertility], Dr.Cort, he was also really patient and warm. Both doctors were very knowledgable and didn't try to pressure me in any way. They very much included me in the decisions, and after giving me the facts about each stage, let me make decisions if I wanted to. My impression is that both Dr. Klein and Dr. Cort really know their field, and are really smart, and I definitely felt like I was in good hands while they treated me.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I understand that the clinic has moved from the location they were in while I was a patient there, to a different location, so I can't say much about the new Manhattan location. The location in Brooklyn, is discreet, and comfortable. Come early to avoid a wait, as the doctor likes to give each patient as much time as they need. Patients should remember to check the parking signs on the street, and park on the side streets. The avenue has street cleaning every morning between 8-9 am!!!
The staff were trained to be extra sensitive to each patients personal, and cultural situation. At both locations of this clinic the staff was very careful not to call my name when it was my turn if there were other patients present. The staff were extremely attentive and patient before and during the retrieval. Because this is a smaller clinic, I felt like was an important member of their clinic. Questions, submitted by email or by phone, were answered promptly (usually within an hour) by the doctor or head nurse, no matter what time of day it was. Although the doctor had many patients to see, I never felt rushed when he was with me. He answered all my questions no matter how repetitive they might have been, he was reassuring but honest and realistic with me, which really helped lower my anxiety. The level of sensitivity was really outstanding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alla Khamermesh)
All of the staff members showed extreme sensitivity to me and my personal situation. The nurses not only made sure I was comfortable, but were also culturally sensitive to my religious and cultural background. For example, at their boro park location in brooklyn, the nurses never ask u to say your name out loud. Instead, they will ask u to write it down. They also won't use your name to get your attention or call you in, and instead will either walk over to you or make eye contact and nod when it is your turn. This tiny show of sensitivity demonstrated to me that the staff understood and respected the fact that the community is very close knit, that everyone knows each other and that this is a very private personal journey for each woman there. Alla especially was considerate of my personal circumstances, and went to lengths to ensure that I didn't feel awkward or uncomfortable, for example by having me wait in a different area to a woman who was trying to have a baby, as I wasn't able to do that due to my difficult relationship status. Her patience and compassion were touching. This combined with her fast and efficient response to all my queries really made me feel like she was by my side the whole way through.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I found Dr. Klein to be very empathetic and supportive. My situation was unique for many reasons (as are so many situations). He was understanding, never forgot my details, and explained everything in the context of my situation. The thing I liked most about him, was his friendly, easy demeanor and the fact that he was so easy to talk to. He was very honest, and didn't sugar coat anything, but did so with so much sensitivity, and warmth, which made all the difference for me. The few other times that I saw his partner, Dr.Cort, he was also really patient and warm. Both doctors were very knowledgable and didn't try to pressure me in any way. They very much included me in the decisions, and after giving me the facts about each stage, let me make decisions if I wanted to. My impression is that both Dr. Klein and Dr. Cort really know their field, and are really smart, and I definitely felt like I was in good hands while they treated me.
Don't let his boyish looks fool you! He might look young, but he is extremely capable.
I took Gonal F and medipur for the first 12 days of my cycle, and then two more drugs to help with ovulation before my eggs were retrieved.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I paid $4990 for the cycle. This includes everything except, lab work, storage and medications.

10 Eggs Frozen
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Finding and learning about Extend Fertility was a life changer for me. I've looked into other clinics and either 1) found their prices inexplicably high, given that I knew I would have to do multiple cycles because of my age, or 2) I didn't like the factory feel. Extend is a specialized clinic so it is smaller and is able to provide personalized and individualized care. Because of its focus, the pricing for egg freezing makes a lot more sense and makes the financial aspect more manageable. Be aware that the lab isn't fully complete yet but should be by Dec 2016. In the meantime, the retrievals are done in a surgical clinic in the UES...
10 Eggs Frozen
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Dr. Klein is by far the best doctor I have ever had. His knowledge, patience, kindness and empathy are unsurpassed. After having multiple miscarriages and an unexplained infertility diagnosis, Dr. Klein gave me hope that I could still conceive a healthy child someday. He and the Extend Fertility team made this stressful process easier with their personalized care, organizational procedures and clear communication. During every step of the process, I was in contact with either a nurse or Dr. Klein, who reassured me of my progress. Dr. Klein, as busy as he was, never failed to answer my questions in great detail and in a manner that I could easily understand. He is a gem of a doctor and one in whom I have great confidence.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dayna)
Dayna and Alla were my primary nurses. They were both diligent in their care and clearly communicated my daily instructions via phone and email. They were also available during the visits and during the evenings whenever I had questions about the injections.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is super kind, patient, brilliant and detail oriented. He has a way of exuding confidence in his care and expertise, and his approach, especially open communication and detailed responses, put me at ease. His upbeat, positive personality also made the monitoring visits more bearable.
If you are considering Extend Fertility, a consultation with Dr. Klein will convince you that you will be placed under great care and reassure you that you are doing the best thing for yourself by proactively preserving your fertility.
Antagonist protocol. 225 Follistim + 150 Menopur + Ganirelix + Lupron trigger. I think I over responded to the medication as my estrogen levels rose very quickly and very high. Dr. Klein adjusted my original trigger from Ovidrel to Lupron to prevent OHSS. The shots were a bit uncomfortable for me, probably because I am on the thinner side. 12 eggs were retrieved and 10 mature eggs were frozen. I was informed this was a great result for my age.
$4990 for a minimum of 12 eggs and up to four egg freezing cycles, depending on your AMH level. About $3500 for meds.
Extend

She [the nurse at Extend Fertility] always makes sure to call you with results right away, has compassion towards you, and is friendly... definetly makes you feel comfortable and always try's to make you feel better when you don't get the results you want to hear... Each cycle I believe is $1200.... Although our dr is definetly good he works with us when it comes to payments.... He is extremely patient, kind, he sits with you and makes sure you understand everything completly and feel comfortable before getting started. Makes sure we know exactly what we are getting into. Never rushes. Always happy and cheerful
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Communication, appearance, compassionate, does what's right for you. Never fails to answer questions Weakness I would say since they just moved the office isn't so nice although it's worth it
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Tobi)
She always makes sure to call you with results right away, has compassion towards you, and is friendly... definetly makes you feel comfortable and always try's to make you feel better when you don't get the results you want to hear
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I'm still undergoing treatment although he really is an amazing doctor. When I had my miscarriage after my first iui cycle that morning I was rushed into his office and he sat with us as the clots passed and made sure we were able to understand what was going on. Although this process is taking way longer then expected I believe he's doing everything cautiously. The last cycle he's been more aggressive, and he makes sure we have a plan if this iui cycle doesn't work ivf is our next try... we found out the end of this week if it worked.
To have patience, and to be optimistic... and to make sure to ask a million questions :)
So before we started iui we were put on 2 rounds of clomid from my obgyn... once those 2 cycles failed we started seeing dr klein Iui #1- clomid 100 mg - ovidrell we got pregnant and had a miscarriage at 6 weeks- 3 follicles Iui #2 clomid 100 mg- day 3-7 ovidrell failed cycle- 2 follicles Iui #3 clomid 100 mg days 3-7-ovidrell failed cycle - 2 follicles Iui #4 letrozol 100mg days 3-7 ovidrell,failed cycle- 3 follicles Iui #5 letrozole 150 mg days 3-7 , ovidrell-failed iui- 2 follicles Iui #6 injectables gonal f 75 units monitoring, ovidrell ,failed iui 3follicles Iui #7 gonal f 85 units monitoring ovidrell- 4 follicles- waiting for results My husbands sperm count was lower in the beginning and the mortality wasn't too great... the last 2 cycles has improved.
Each cycle I believe is $1200... although to some ppl this doesn't sound like much but after 7 iuis it really adds up, and this doesn't include the cost for the medication... gonal f, ovidrell( $100) and tovthink of ivf is scary knowing the price. Although our dr is definetly good he works with us when it comes to payments
We have not started the ivf process so I am not sure
Extend

I had two nurses assigned to me [at Extend Fertility] and both of them were excellent. I felt well taken care of at all times...What I liked most about Extend Fertility was their personalized approach to every patient. It felt like they genuinely care about their patients, one patient at a time. Great service and great results made me happy...The process that led to the procedure lasted for about 10 days and during that period of time I felt really well taken care of. The procedure itself was a breeze. I would like to thank Dr. Klein, Dayna, Ilaina, Leslie, Jordana, the procedure room nurse Daniella and the entire incredible team for being so positive, welcoming, flexible, professional, organized, hard-working and nice.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I have had an incredible experience with Extend Fertility. The process that led to the procedure lasted for about 10 days and during that period of time I felt really well taken care of. The procedure itself was a breeze. I would like to thank Dr. Klein, Dayna, Ilaina, Leslie, Jordana, the procedure room nurse Daniella and the entire incredible team for being so positive, welcoming, flexible, professional, organized, hard-working and nice. I recommend Extend Fertility and Dr Klein to everyone, who would like an "insurance policy" for having children later in life.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility.
I had two nurses assigned to me and both of them were excellent. I felt well taken care of at all times.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr Klein is very knowledgeable, has a great bedside manner. He is responsible, professional, and kind. I had a great experience with Dr Klein and his team. My treatment and procedure were handled professionally, worry- and pain-free. Special kudos goes out to his team.
Making sure that you understand every step of the treatment is very important. Dr Klein and his team make all the important information easily accessible but if you are unsure about something, just shoot them a quick email or give them a call.

5 Eggs Frozen
[Nurses at Extend were] Awesome! They seriously were my support team. From training to phone calls they were patient and caring. Alla held my hand until i was able to do it on my own, i really felt that they were rooting for me to succeed. During the egg retrieval i was treated like royalty...They were very professional, yet they didn't treat me like a number. Everyone was always friendly and smiling. I believe that freezing my eggs is probably the most important thing I have done for myself and would recommend anyone considering it to just do it and not wait. The biological clock is a real thing.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Dr. Klein always took the time to put me at ease, he was very sensitive to my specific circumstances, and patiently answered all my questions. He was always cautiously optimistic and positive. This had a tremendous impact on my mental well-being going through the cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Alla and Dayna)
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
If I can only can sum up my experience with Dr. Klein with one word, it would be "positive." When the cup was half full, it was half full, not half empty. That was the most important to me. As a bonus he was also kind, compassionate and sensitive. Going through this can never be easy, and I faced some challenges. I so appreciated his mild manners and easy touch.
You are in a good place and in good hands.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
They were very easy-going with the times i could show up, making sure to schedule them on days that would be convenient for me.
Extend

Because much of this new practice is still entwined with the egg freezing practice (Extend), there is a high volume of patients, but Dr. Klein and his team ensured that there was a personal quality to visits and treatment.... It's busy, and I did feel like I had to follow up with certain aspects of treatment (e.g., making sure the pharmacy had my medication orders, etc.). I think this may have been because I began my cycle on a holiday, however.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
They were very warm and made sure to follow up every day.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
He was very knowledgeable and intelligent, and inspired confidence in his decisions. While this approach may not be comforting to everyone, I appreciated his analytical perspective and focus on the data and statistics. I like information and expertise, and I never felt as if I was lacking in either of those during the course of my treatment.
Expect to see a wide variety of doctors and nurses in the course of your treatment.
IVF -- Menopur & Follistim.
They are about half as much as other clinics, and they are also very clear in advance. I previously did IUI cycles at another clinic and they ended up costing about three times what I was told to expect. There were no surprises with Expect.
I only have one embryo to transfer, but he said he did not like to risk losing multiple embryos in one shot, along with the risk of multiples.

26 Eggs Frozen
Communication [Extend Fertility] was problematic and obtaining records was an issue. The steps of the process were not made transparent. Ex. How long would the eggs be stored in the clinic and then shipped to the storage facility was not readily available. Had to request that details be made in writing. For example, they called you over the phone to tell you the number of eggs that were going to be frozen but did not offer a written confirmation of the record unless I requested.
26 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Communication was problematic and obtaining records was an issue. The steps of the process were not made transparent. Ex. How long would the eggs be stored in the clinic and then shipped to the storage facility was not readily available. Had to request that details be made in writing. For example, they called you over the phone to tell you the number of eggs that were going to be frozen but did not offer a written confirmation of the record unless I requested.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
The Doctor answered questions and provided realistic expectations
Communication was erratic. Never spoke to the same person and questions were not always answered.
What specific things went wrong at Extend Fertility?
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Maslow cares about her patients and women's education around fertility. She is passionate about what she does and wants her patients to have positive outcomes. She communicates over the phone and over email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Have a baseline knowledge of fertility. Do your own research and be prepared to ask specific questions
Describe the protocols Bat-Sheva Maslow used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
We agreed to do 2 cycles of egg retrieval (I am 40) and we would determine if a third is necessary. After the 2nd, we agreed to a 3rd but she was confident that completing a 4th cycle was unnecessary.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility.
5000 a cycle for egg retrieval. Meds were covered under my insurance
Bat-Sheva Maslow
Extend

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility.

[Nurses at Extend Fertility are ] Courteous, compassionate, knowledgeable...$5000 for the egg retrieval. Medication was $3000 at the pharmacy...Very organized and able to see me on time for my appointments. Space is very nice and welcoming. Staff is very professional. Website is great and they offer good online educational resources. Centrally located in midtown. Able to offer discounts at certain pharmacies.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The doctor made jokes and had great bedside manner.
Courteous, compassionate, knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Strengths: very knowledgeable, answered all of my questions, made me feel optimistic while still being realistic about the expected outcome. Weaknesses: wouldn’t review my record before we spoke and would ask me questions that he could find in my records from previous visits.
He is very busy, so be ready to be seen by other doctors in the practice. He has a lot of experience so you can rest assured that you’re in good hands.
Menopur, follastim, ganireix, pregnyl. Side effects: bloating and injection site tenderness. I produced 9 mature eggs, of which 7 were considered apt for freezing.
$5000 for the egg retrieval. Medication was $3000 at the pharmacy.

23 Eggs Frozen
I had total trust in them [Extend Fertility] and they made me feel like I was the only patient even though they had a full waiting room! They are professional and really kind and I looked forward to going to my appointments there!...staff are amazing! While being very professional they were caring and reassuring through the whole process! What they accomplish is truly miraculous!
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I had total trust in them and they made me feel like I was the only patient even though they had a full waiting room! They are professional and really kind and I looked forward to going to my appointments there!
Dr. Klein and his staff are amazing! While being very professional they were caring and reassuring through the whole process! What they accomplish is truly miraculous!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Jordana Feinklestein)
Jordana was my adviser and is amazing! She showed me a lot of compassion was always there for me! Any time I email her, which was often she got back to me right away!
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr Klein was very thorough through out the whole process he explained everything to me in detail was very patient with me and is very knowledgeable and made going through this process much easier then I expected
Your in good hands
The process entailed many blood tests and ultrasounds to insure the optimum outcome and my well being I injected myself with hormones and I was monitored very closely dr Klein and his staff were always available for me through email or a phone call

19 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Egg retrieval [at Extend Fertility is] about $5k and medications averaged between $3k-$7k. Storage is $475 per year...The clinic is relatively new and aesthetically pleasing. It feels more like a spa rather than a doctors waiting room. However, they have become really popular in NYC so waiting times may be a bit longer on busy days...Dr. Klein is honest but in a gentle way. He does an excellent job of setting realistic expectations without trying to romanticize an arduous journey. He is also more accessible than most doctors I surveyed which provides an additional layer of comfort.
19 Eggs Frozen
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Dr. Klein and his staff were incredible through my journey. My initial exam results were a bit unexpected and shocking but his team reassured me every step of the way, and given the initial diagnosis I couldn't be happier with my results.
Be patient.
Egg retrieval about $5k and medications averaged between $3k-$7k. Storage is $475 per year.