Mental health counseling is not offered
Selling medication is not offered

200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Klein not only provided the utmost medical care, regarding all treatments performed, but he always made sure to address the psychological aspect of all that I was going through, and always suggested ways to help me cope and to not feel alone...Dr. Klein strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo, especially since my embryo's had PGT-A testing and only genetically normal embryo's were being transferred...
Extend Fertility is an incredible clinic. They are located in midtown Manhattan, making it super accessible and easy to get to...a wide range of morning monitoring hours, making it easy to accommodate your schedule.Everyone there is so kind and so friendly...The nurses are easily accessible, whether it's over the phone or in person, which makes it easy to have your questions answered. Additionally, a really big perk of Extend, is that it has an additional office/OR on the floor above its main clinic - This means that all procedures to be done happen in the same building, no hospitals to go to, just convenient and easy.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Fertility is unique, where everything is so tailored to the individual person - What works for some, may not work well for another, and therefore, having a great doctor, who tailors treatment to you, the individual, is so important. Additionally, fertility treatment has an immense emotional and psychological component to it, thats crucial for your doctor/care team to address and be conscientious of. As a patient of Dr. Klein, you get the best of both worlds - You receive the most incredible medical care available, tailored to you and your specific needs/bodily responses, in addition to having the most caring and compassionate doctor imaginable. Dr. Klein not only provided the utmost medical care, regarding all treatments performed, but he always made sure to address the psychological aspect of all that I was going through, and always suggested ways to help me cope and to not feel alone. There's truly not enough words/ways for me sing my praises to Dr. Klein. He is one of kind, incredibly knowledgeable, skilled, and so compassionate - Anyone going through fertility treatment/preservation would be lucky to be a patient of his.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Don't hesitate to see him! You will not regret it! Whether its for fertility preservation or treatment, he is the best of the best, and you will be so taken care of and feel so happy under his care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein, and all of the Extend Fertility team, made my experience so personal; I always felt cared about, I always felt like my questions and concerns were being validated, and I always felt like a conscious effort was made to make me feel as good and as happy as possible. Going through IVF can get really tough, both physically and emotionally, and I always felt like those tough aspects were addressed; whether is was by a nurse calling me with instructions, sonographers at monitoring appointments, for really by anyone I encountered or spoke with at Extend, my well-being was always addressed and I always felt truly cared about. Not once throughout the almost year and a half I spend there did I ever feel like a number - I always felt cared about, and like my care was personalized.
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
I originally started seeing Dr. Klein due to recurrent pregnancy loss. During my last pregnancy, before starting IVF w/ PGT-A, Dr. Klein thought out of the box, and prescribed me progesterone and lovenox, in the hopes that those medications would help sustain the pregnancy. When my pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage, we decided to pursue IVF with PGT-A testing, in hopes of transferring a genetically normal embryo and subsequently achieving a healthy, viable pregnancy. Since I am relatively young, with a normal ovarian reserve, I responded well to the stimulation medications, and had, what I believe to be a pretty normal stim's cycle protocol (the same protocol was used for both of my egg retrieval cycles) - Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, and a Luprolide Trigger. Both cycles yielded over 35 eggs, majority of which fertilized.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
I have nothing but great things to say about the nursing staff at Extend Fertility. The nurses play a huge role in your overall treatment, as daily instructions and next steps are usually relayed by them. With that said, I'm so grateful for all of the nurses at Extend. They were all always so kind, so genuine, and so patient. They never made me feel rushed while on the phone with them, and they were always more than happy to address any questions or concerns that I raised. They showed tremendous compassion, and always tried to accommodate my schedule as best as possible. The nurses truly enhanced my overall care at Extend and always made me feel so cared about. When, after a long time, I had success, the nurses truly shared in my joy with me, and it was evident how much they cared and how genuinely happy they were for me.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Extend Fertility is an incredible clinic. They are located in midtown Manhattan, making it super accessible and easy to get to. The clinic was just renovated, and it is beyond beautiful, clean, and truly a pleasure to be in. They have a wide range of morning monitoring hours, making it easy to accommodate your schedule.Everyone there is so kind and so friendly - Even though its a fertility clinic, the environment is calm, serene, and overall a pleasant and enjoyable place to be. The nurses are easily accessible, whether it's over the phone or in person, which makes it easy to have your questions answered. Additionally, a really big perk of Extend, is that it has an additional office/OR on the floor above its main clinic - This means that all procedures to be done happen in the same building, no hospitals to go to, just convenient and easy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.
I don't remember the specifics of my costs, but I do remember it being highly affordable, especially compared to other Manhattan clinics.
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
Dr. Klein strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo, especially since my embryo's had PGT-A testing and only genetically normal embryo's were being transferred. I completely agree with this approach, and was a big proponent of transferring 1 embryo as well. When, after 2 of my transfers/FET's failed/did not result in a pregnancy, before moving on to another transfer cycle, Dr. Klein recommended a short break, and he performed the Endometrio test/biopsy as well. When the biopsy results came back as receptive, I suggested/asked if transferring 2 embryo's could be done the next time around, in hopes of increasing the chances that at least 1 would implant - Dr. Klein still suggested that I transfer only 1, but said he was willing to transfer 2, since he understood the logic/reasoning behind my request. Needless to say, that transfer was, thank God, successful. At the end of the day however, had Dr. Klein been adamant about still transferring only 1 embryo, I would have happily went along with it - I completely trust him, and know he has his reasonings for doing things certain ways.

2021, Consult
Dr. Maslow was very nice and communicated everything well to me. I've only had one consultation with her so far but I have no complaints, everything went well. I look forward to having more appointments with her once I start the process...She took the time to explain the entire egg freezing process to me and also answered al the questions I had. I didn't feel rushed and felt like I had her undivided attention and felt very comfortable speaking to her....
The clinic [Extend Fertility] was quiet and spacious, taking into consideration social distancing. Everything was organized and I was in and out fairly quickly...The first appointment I had with the nurses was very quick and easy. just one quick blood draw...if the patient is looking for a female physician at this clinic. As the only female physician, I did have to wait a few extra weeks for an appointment....
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
experience went very well. Dr. Maslow was very nice and communicated everything well to me. I've only had one consultation with her so far but I have no complaints, everything went well. I look forward to having more appointments with her once I start the process
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I think to just be patient if the patient is looking for a female physician at this clinic. As the only female physician, I did have to wait a few extra weeks for an appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Describe the protocols Bat-Sheva Maslow used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
I have not started treatment yet.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic was quiet and spacious, taking into consideration social distancing. Everything was organized and I was in and out fairly quickly. There was some construction as the clinic is expanding but the only signs of that were signs in the clinic space. Otherwise, I would have had no idea, there was no noise or disturbance that impeded the appointment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility.
just over $10000
Describe Bat-Sheva Maslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
Extend
I am especially appreciative for a specific out-of-the-box decision he [Dr. Joshua Klein] made during my treatment that I believe contributed to the success of my first IVF cycle with him. I didn't feel like there were cookie-cutter protocols, but rather that each patient's success was given adequate thought...cares genuinely about each patient and it shows in his communication, responsiveness and throughout every step of the journey. I have never been disappointed.
I liked the extend fertility clinic. It's nicely designed! When you walk in for monitoring in the morning, you are greeted warmly (it's not a cold silent room like waiting rooms in fertility clinics are known for). Most of the staff knows you. Things run efficiently. I liked that there weren't set appointments for monitoring, you can just come in within a certain time range, at your convenience...Jordana, my IVF coordinator was extremely helpful and able to answer my questions throughout the process. She was super organized and helped with all the long-distance logistics too.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Though there are plenty good doctors on the West Coast, there are none I found as caring and skilled as Dr. Klein. There is nothing like the peace-of-mind and reassurance that comes with fully trusting that your doctor has your best interest in mind. Personally, if I had to choose between a doctor who was extremely skilled, had great success rates, professional etc. vs a doctor who is kind caring and gentle - I would opt for the former, a doctor whose expertise I can rely on completely. But the greatest gift for me was that I didn't have to choose. He excels in both areas. I was comfortable to bring up any questions that I had and always received a clear and thorough response. He's fully present when he's with you and takes his time to explain things thoroughly.
Not only does Dr. Klein stand "head & shoulders" above other Reproductive Endocrinologists that I've seen but he stands out among any doctor I've known. Dr. Klein cares genuinely about each patient and it shows in his communication, responsiveness and throughout every step of the journey. I have never been disappointed.
Although I do not remember the specific medications, I do remember feeling pretty decent throughout stimulation. I am especially appreciative for a specific out-of-the-box decision he made during my treatment that I believe contributed to the success of my first IVF cycle with him. I didn't feel like there were cookie-cutter protocols, but rather that each patient's success was given adequate thought.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Valerie, Stephanie)
Jordana, my IVF coordinator was extremely helpful and able to answer my questions throughout the process. She was super organized and helped with all the long-distance logistics too. Most of our correspondence was by email. The nurses were great - everyone knows who you are. Always got a call from them pretty early in the day with the medication instructions, plus a clear email. If I had a question for them, I'd call and get a call back pretty quickly usually. Being able to email them would've been nice since often when I called they were on the phone with other patients, in a meeting etc - but it was fine, since they would call me back quickly. And if I ever had a very pressing question or situation and a nurse wasn't available that minute, there was always someway somehow that someone would be able to help me. As a team, they all cared.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Compared to other clinics they are significantly cheaper - and very transparent about costs. No surprises. Medications cost me even less than they projected.
Extend
I met with [Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow] when I first was thinking about starting the process and she was very clear about what I should expect and answered all my questions, she also called in a few days after my retrieval to check in and answer any other questions, which really made me feel like I was in great, caring hands...It was nice to start and end with Dr. Maslow, because of the familiarity. Also, she was very clear about expectations and had no problem answering all of my questions...
The staff at Extend Fertility as a whole was amazing. Everyone was so caring and had no problem answering questions...Lovely and caring staff. Good communication. Clean and organized facility. The nurses did a great job with communicating next steps and answering follow up questions. During treatment for egg retrieval it is a lot monitoring and blood work, but Extend Fertility was efficient, so that even when I had to go to work afterwards, it was a huge stress. I only wish that they had an Extend Fertility also in Brooklyn...I saw Dr. Guarnaccia and Dr. Maslow. Dr. Guarnaccia preformed my medical scan as well as my retrieval and Dr. Maslow met with me for my final follow up.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Guarnaccia is amazing. He performed my medical exam as well as my egg retrieval. He was so professional, but personable. I felt very comfortable asking questions and he was very clear with expectations. I truly felt like I was in great hands with Dr. Guarnaccia and I was. After the retrieval, I had almost no pain and the procedure went very smooth. I would highly recommend Dr. Guarnaccia to anyone considering egg retrieval. Dr. Maslow was great. I met with Dr. Maslow for my initial consultation and she reached out to follow up a few days after my procedure. It was nice to start and end with Dr. Maslow, because of the familiarity. Also, she was very clear about expectations and had no problem answering all of my questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Maslow to anyone considering egg retrieval.
Feel comfortable asking questions, because they both do a wonderful job making the patient feel comfortable and outlining clear expectations.
During my visits to Extend Fertility I saw Dr. Guarnaccia and Dr. Maslow. Dr. Guarnaccia preformed my medical scan as well as my retrieval and Dr. Maslow met with me for my final follow up. The process went very seamless and I had all of my questions answered. Dr.Guarnaccia is wonderful. I felt very comfortable under his care, especially for the actual egg retrieval. Following my procedure, I had no pain and the aftercare plan was very well communicated. I met with Dr. Maslow when I first was thinking about starting the process and she was very clear about what I should expect and answered all my questions, she also called in a few days after my retrieval to check in and answer any other questions, which really made me feel like I was in great, caring hands. I would highly recommend both doctors!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Molly Spilka, Tamar Tenenbaum)
The staff at Extend Fertility as a whole was amazing. Everyone was so caring and had no problem answering questions. The communication was great during my procedure which made me feel so much more comfortable. Tamar my fertility advisor is amazing. She made me feel much more at ease each step, because she answered all of my questions and was very caring. Molly the nurse I worked with is also amazing. She clearly and thoroughly showed me how to mix and administer my medication. She took her time in explaining and answering any questions. If it was not for her, I do not think I would have been as comfortable administering my medication.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Extend Fertility Strengths: Lovely and caring staff. Good communication. Clean and organized facility. The nurses did a great job with communicating next steps and answering follow up questions. During treatment for egg retrieval it is a lot monitoring and blood work, but Extend Fertility was efficient, so that even when I had to go to work afterwards, it was a huge stress. I only wish that they had an Extend Fertility also in Brooklyn.

2020, 15 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow was] Very pleasant and clearly explained the process and my fertility projections...I felt like my concerns were addressed and the supporting materials I was provided were very helpful...I would note that given the timing of your cycle you will be examined by other doctors within the practice, as well as the actual retrieval...Given my AMH levels Doctor Maslow tailored my fertility drugs to fit my needs...was very nice and explained my fertility in great detail. I ended up being treated by another doctor in the practice but both of them were very attentive and supportive.
The clinic [Extend Fertility] was very attentive and accommodating. I felt like my concerns were addressed and the supporting materials I was provided were very helpful...I would note that given the timing of your cycle you will be examined by other doctors within the practice, as well as the actual retrieval...All of the nurses at Extend were lovely and made me feel very comfortable. They explained everything clearly and answered all of my questions thoroughly...$5,500 for the procedure, $2,000 for the drugs and $2,400 for a 5 year storage plan
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Very pleasant and clearly explained the process and my fertility projections. The clinic was very attentive and accommodating. I felt like my concerns were addressed and the supporting materials I was provided were very helpful.
Dr Maslow was very nice and explained my fertility in great detail. I ended up being treated by another doctor in the practice but both of them were very attentive and supportive.
Given my AMH levels Doctor Maslow tailored my fertility drugs to fit my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ana Baez-Castillo)
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic was very professional and clearly outlined the process during the initial consultation. They were accommodating with appointments and the staff was lovely. The nurses and doctor were wonderful on the day of the procedure and followed up with me multiple times in the days following.

2020, 24 Eggs Frozen
Dr Klein always made me feel like a person because he constantly responded to my questions and validated my concerns...Although Dr Klein doesn't see patients often, he came whenever I asked. He answered my emails promptly and thoroughly. I felt that worked really hard in getting all my eggs, eventhough my anatomy made it difficult...Email the doctor if you want to know something. He always gets back to you.
Courtney [nurse at Extend Fertility] was great. She seemed genuinely concerned. Valerie [nurse] took the time to call me when I was not feeling well...Caring practice. Fast appointments, accessible Dr.'s and nurses, clean facility. Dr willing to listen to your concerns and modify protocol to tailor it to your individual needs. Primary doctor not always available to do retreival...Dr Klein always made me feel like a person because he constantly responded to my questions and validated my concerns.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Email the doctor if you want to know something. He always gets back to you.
My first cycle included 9 days of stimulation. I took gonal-f, menopur, cetretide and lupron trigger as well as letrezol. My second cycle differed in that I took estredoil patches prior to stimulation, I did not take letrezol and that I stimulated for 12 days
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Courtney was great. She seemed genuinely concerned. Valerie took the time to call me when I was not feeling well.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
One time storage fee for as many cycles as desired, fee for services and fee for medication.
Extend

He [Dr. Klein] gave me very honest feedback and set my expectations. Other doctors wanted to run so many tests (many were invasive) to try to diagnose the problem or put me on meds (like Lupron, which I refused) to try to correct something that hadn't even been diagnosed. Dr. Klein listened to my story and focused in on the one problem that had been identified a year earlier - scarring - that we thought had been solved (two visits to Dr. Isaacson in Boston, who I still highly recommend).
Everyone [at Extend Fertility] was great . They knew my name and my case and knew what I had been through and really shared in my joy when I finally had success...Strengths are the intelligence and compassion of the doctors, the kindness and attention to detail of the staff, in-house procedures (vs. having to go to a hospital), ability to email and check results on the site.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I loved working with Josh Klein. He gave me very honest feedback and set my expectations. Other doctors wanted to run so many tests (many were invasive) to try to diagnose the problem or put me on meds (like Lupron, which I refused) to try to correct something that hadn't even been diagnosed. Dr. Klein listened to my story and focused in on the one problem that had been identified a year earlier - scarring - that we thought had been solved (two visits to Dr. Isaacson in Boston, who I still highly recommend). Before launching into other tests, he wanted to check in on that to see if it had come back. We did a hysteroscopy and he removed some scarring. My next transfer (#5!) was successful. Even with a 5.9 lining. He didn't just apply the rule book on what next but really thought about the situation and it paid off. I'm so grateful that I went to him. Also- the only reason I didn't see Josh Klein on every visit was because of restrictions related to COVID-19
Trust him! and the other doctors are great too. Dr. G did my transfer (because of COVID restrictions) and he was great!!
I briefly went to RMA NY (didn't count in my # of docs) and spent about year at Cornell. I can't stress enough about how much better the smaller clinics are. You see your doctor check-ups, you can reach out and easily reach the doctor or a nurse who knows your case, and when you walk in, you're not surrounded by a dozen other girls, waiting like cattle. The person at the front desk knows your name, and dealing with Rx's and billing is SO much easier!! Lastly but most importantly, I received customized care. At Cornell, I just went through the standard process and when it didn't work, I was told to look into surrogacy. I cannot stress enough how much better the experience is at Extend than those other larger clinics.
Hysteroscopy to diagnose and remove scarring. Letrozole and Estrogen to bulk up my lining. PIO, oral & vaginal progesterone before and after FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ana, she was the ultrasound technician, but loved her. all the nurses were great!)
Everyone was great . They knew my name and my case and knew what I had been through and really shared in my joy when I finally had success.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I was fortunate enough to have the vast majority covered by insurance (united & cigna)
never discussed multiple
2014 - 2020, Successful
Joshua Klein is an amazing Dr. I've used 4 Dr before i got to him. we couldn't imagine how we have ever used any other Dr. before. The patience, the clarity he always provided. He was always always there for us. there was no such a thing as not receiving a response on an email or phone call before the end of the day...- the Bedside manners of him and his whole staff are amazing...
Nurses [at Extend Fertility] are all on amazing level - each and every office visit or scan i felt as if i was their only patient -...This clinic is one i would recommend everyone to use - ive used multiple clinics before this one and i can not compare it at all to any other one. People going thru infertility have more than enough on their plate. at least they have the warmth and professionalism they deserve...the Bedside manners of him [Dr. Klein] and his whole staff are amazing
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
This Dr has an exceptional nature - the Bedside manners of him and his whole staff are amazing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Nurses there are all on amazing level - each and every office visit or scan i felt as if i was their only patient -

2017 - 2019, Successful
Investment Banker
In 2017, I went through 2 egg freezing cycles [with Extend Fertility] which I had a total of 16 eggs frozen. In 2019, I started the IUI process. After 4 failed IUI attempts we decided to try for IVF cycle. My body didn’t take to the IVF medication so we fertilized my frozen eggs. 5 embryos were created using ICSI and then PGS tested. We transferred one which didn’t result in a pregnancy. I tried another round of IVF which this time my body took to the medications. Dr. Klein retrieved 10 eggs and 5 embryos were created using ICSI. I did not get PGS testing done. He transferred 2 and now I’m pregnant with twins.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is a great communicator. As I mentioned before, it’s necessary to provide the patient with statistics; however, he never left me without hope. I had my frozen eggs fertilized and it resulted in 5 embryos. I sent it out for PGS testing with 4 coming back abnormal and 1 inconclusive. He was willing to transfer the inconclusive as that is what I wanted- which did not lead to pregnancy. I then went through an IVF cycle and he was able to retrieve 10 eggs. Again, we had 5 embryos. This time I did not want to have PGS testing done- which Dr. Klein respected. He transferred two and now I’m pregnant with twins!
Have your questions ready because Dr. Klein is very thorough and ready to answer any questions.
Where do I start? It's been such a long journey for me. It started off in 2017 when I went through two rounds of egg freezing cycles at Extend. In 2019, I became an Expect Fertility client, as I was ready to begin my road to motherhood. Through it all, Dr. Klein has been extremely patient with my numerous questions. He has the best bedside manners and always thoughtful as he explains everything that he's doing. I'm a very detail oriented person and he was great with providing information without my having to ask. He's also very open minded to hear about my findings on the internet and discuss the subject matter. I never felt like he was condescending and he never scoffed at what I had to say. He truly listens to his patients. And he always had hope. I understand that in this industry, the doctor has to be data and statistics driven. As a patient, it's always nice when after given all of the ratios and numbers (which is a huge dream zapper), the doctor ends it with- it only takes one! It allowed me to keep the faith and stay optimistic.
In 2017, I went through 2 egg freezing cycles which I had a total of 16 eggs frozen. In 2019, I started the IUI process. After 4 failed IUI attempts we decided to try for IVF cycle. My body didn’t take to the IVF medication so we fertilized my frozen eggs. 5 embryos were created using ICSI and then PGS tested. We transferred one which didn’t result in a pregnancy. I tried another round of IVF which this time my body took to the medications. Dr. Klein retrieved 10 eggs and 5 embryos were created using ICSI. I did not get PGS testing done. He transferred 2 and now I’m pregnant with twins.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Molly, Stephanie and Valerie. They had the most patience with me. I had SO many questions. They never seem exasperated with me. They made me feel like all of my questions and concerns were valid to them. When I had a situation happen- Valerie was calm while I was frantic. She said that she would call me in 30 minutes to check on my symptoms- and she called in exactly 30 min. She followed up a couple of more times afterwards. She truly cared.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The staff truly cares and treats you like a human. They call you by name and will cheer you on. If you get there first thing in the morning for monitoring, it’s easy to get in and out. It tends to get more crowded later in the morning.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
Early mornings when they first open would result in less patients in the waiting room. They would be more women as it got later in the morning. Though, even with a lot of women waiting- the staff were very efficient. They would get your blood work and shortly after you would have your ultrasound.
I remember $5k for 2 egg freezing cycles (doesn’t include medications). I can’t remember IUI or IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
Didn’t realize that I had to get a notarized consent from my partner for my first IUI.
Extend

Dr. Klein's practice [Extend Fertility] is staffed with warm nurses who greet you on those early morning blood test/ultra sound runs. They are careful and sensitive paying much attention to making you feel comfortable and under the greatest care.... Dr. Klein's Manhattan and new Brooklyn are beautiful airy and clean. There's a team of nurses and Dr's who are driven to help you achieve results. They also give you space to decide how you would like to move forward and are there to advise you on the best protocol. Trust them.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr.Klein has much experience in the field of RE and is highly regarded in the world of medicine. We chose him to assist us in our dream to become parents and are confident that will happen soon. His practice makes takes special care to understand religious and cultural restrictions in the world of assisted reproductive technology, adjusting timing of cycles accordingly. Each time we got to be seen by Dr. Klein we felt cared for and he was generally upbeat and more than willing to answer any of our Questions or concerns. Each cycle of ours was unique and there was always an attempt to make this one the best yet. We were advised to continue with ivf after 1 year of trying various other treatments. We will be doing so soon.
Come early to your appointments because you will be seen based on your arrival time!
Dr. Klein's practice is staffed with warm nurses who greet you on those early morning blood test/ultra sound runs. They are careful and sensitive paying much attention to making you feel comfortable and under the greatest care. Understandably results lie in G-d's hands but they are super positive and hopeful always wishing you well and to hear good news.
Most of our cycles went as planned. For some reason clomid and injectibles only got us 1 egg follicle each time which was a bummer. Twice we needed to slow down ovulation with ganirelex due to cultural restrictions. With unexplained infertility and no male factor issues we haven't gotten pregnant yet. Dr. Klein suggested ivf for our case but we pushed off a little bit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Toby)
Toby is straightforward yet kind and compassionate always wishing for good news. Clear with instructions too.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
695 clomid/letrozol cycle (not including meds) 1350 injectible cycle ( not including meds) 200 iui
Haven't done ivf yet but I know Dr. Klein is not one for multiples as he's made it clear many times.
Extend

He [Dr. Klein] was very knowledgeable and intelligent, and inspired confidence in his decisions. While this approach may not be comforting to everyone, I appreciated his analytical perspective and focus on the data and statistics. I like information and expertise, and I never felt as if I was lacking in either of those during the course of my treatment.... I only have one embryo to transfer, but he said he did not like to risk losing multiple embryos in one shot, along with the risk of multiples.
Because much of this new practice is still entwined with the egg freezing practice (Extend), there is a high volume of patients, but Dr. Klein and his team ensured that there was a personal quality to visits and treatment.... It's busy, and I did feel like I had to follow up with certain aspects of treatment (e.g., making sure the pharmacy had my medication orders, etc.). I think this may have been because I began my cycle on a holiday, however.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
He was very knowledgeable and intelligent, and inspired confidence in his decisions. While this approach may not be comforting to everyone, I appreciated his analytical perspective and focus on the data and statistics. I like information and expertise, and I never felt as if I was lacking in either of those during the course of my treatment.
Expect to see a wide variety of doctors and nurses in the course of your treatment.
IVF -- Menopur & Follistim.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
They were very warm and made sure to follow up every day.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
They are about half as much as other clinics, and they are also very clear in advance. I previously did IUI cycles at another clinic and they ended up costing about three times what I was told to expect. There were no surprises with Expect.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
I started the day after New Year's Day, so the pharmacy did not have my order, and they also kept thinking that labs that I had previously submitted were missing. It is early stages for this branch of the clinic.
Extend

I am seeing Dr. Maslow for egg freezing.... Dr. Maslow was extremely helpful in explaining the complicated elements of a pleasing to me. She was easy to talk to you even when my results were not so great in the beginning stages. She was encouraging but honest throughout the process, which I really appreciated.... She also went through other hypothetical AMH blood levels with me and how that might impact my anticipated results.
Extend Fertility provides egg freezing exclusively, so I found the prices are lower than other clinics for this very specific service. They used to offer free consultations and diagnostic testing, but now they charge $250 and if you end up using them to freeze your eggs you get to apply that amount to the cost of your egg freezing cycle.... There was one time when I showed up for a blood test that the nurse told me my test wasn’t on the calendar.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I would come with a list of questions for her. There’s a lot of basic information that needs to be told every single patient but beyond that it really is up to you to do your research and make sure you ask the right questions so that you get the answers you need to feel comfortable with your personal care.
She sat down with me face-to-face for a full hour and thoroughly went through my test results with me. She also went through other hypothetical AMH blood levels with me and how that might impact my anticipated results.
I’m still in the process of my treatment so I haven’t had any protocols performed yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff are all generally friendly, and helpful. They were all very accommodating of my fear of needles.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I haven’t had ultrasound monitoring performed yet, but I do know that it is a general window.
There is a $6000 cycle fee, plus the cost of medications and long-term storage.
This does not apply to me. I am seeing Dr. Maslow for egg freezing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
There was one time when I showed up for a blood test that the nurse told me my test wasn’t on the calendar. But it turned out not to be an issue. They were able to get me in but I was told that my appointment did not show up for them.

2017 - 2019, 22 Eggs Frozen
I had an excellent experience with [Dr.Joshua Klein] ...treated me like a person throughout the 3-years it took me to bank 22 eggs. I am 35 and have low ovarian reserve and am a poor performer...actually there for me...available to talk details, new strategies or just empathize (plenty of tears shed). I was an out-of-state patient, so this was especially important...I traveled from the west coast 5 times to freeze eggs
During the lows, both the nurses and the doctor's were actually there for me, and made themselves available to talk details, new strategies or just empathize (plenty of tears shed). I was an out-of-state patient, so this was especially important. Because of this, I'd recommend Extend Fertility to anyone...Dayna [nurse] became my biggest supporter throughout the three years I spent freezing eggs at Extend. As an out-of-state patient, she worked closely with me to schedule appointments, fax in orders to facilities in my home city, get questions answered quickly and responded to emails in less than 8 hours (and usually within the hour). Logistically, she is amazing-- and personally she is incredible. She is THE reason my experience at Extend has been so positive.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Klein and Extend Fertility. Even as a low performer and a low AMH, they were able to provide affordable rates that allowed me to meet my egg banking goals. I traveled from the west coast 5 times to freeze eggs at this clicic because of the affordable and comprehensive fertility care.
Your business is growing so fast! Add a phlebotomist to decrease morning wait times, or schedule actual appointment instead of a window. (This last trip, I waited over an hour for every monitoring visit).
Dr. Klein and all of his staff treated me like a person throughout the 3-years it took me to bank 22 eggs. I am 35 and have low ovarian reserve and am a poor performer. During the lows, both the nurses and the doctor's were actually there for me, and made themselves available to talk details, new strategies or just empathize (plenty of tears shed). I was an out-of-state patient, so this was especially important. Because of this, I'd recommend Extend Fertility to anyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dayna Hennessy )
Dayna became my biggest supporter throughout the three years I spent freezing eggs at Extend. As an out-of-state patient, she worked closely with me to schedule appointments, fax in orders to facilities in my home city, get questions answered quickly and responded to emails in less than 8 hours (and usually within the hour). Logistically, she is amazing-- and personally she is incredible. She is THE reason my experience at Extend has been so positive.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Extend has some of the best rates in the country-- financially and scientifically. They offer affordable egg freezing without cutting corners or reducing the quality bar. Conservatively estimating, I saved $50k over the course of five freezing cycles by choosing Extend instead of local options.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
The monitoring experience has changed over time. As the business is growing, there are more women in the waiting room, so you should plan to be there for an hour. The front desk is extremely kind and helpful and the appointments are quick and informative. If you have a question or want to talk to a doctor instead of an ultrasound technician, you can.
The most affordable I could find, without reducing quality. Conservatively estimating, I saved $10k per cycle, or $50k over the course of five cycles compared to my local options.

2019, 11 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Guarnaccia] was always kind and honest during my scans and egg retrieval procedures. As a 40 year old woman with only 1 ovary I had to be realistic about my situation. I really appreciated that though it would be a longer road I was always told that there was still hope...There were many times where my body was not responding to the course of treatment and instead of pressing me to go forward he would always give me the choice of wether I wanted to continue going forward knowing that the chances of an optimal result were low or to stop for this cycle and then try again next cycle. It made me feel good knowing he was more concerned with the result as opposed to just completing the cycle.
The nursing staff at the clinic is wonderful. I've been going to Extend for 2 years. The only negative thing I have to say is that as they grow in popularity and become a lot busier small details fall through the cracks a bit in terms of being able to ask follow up questions and phone calls...their monitoring hours were perfect because they started at 7am which allowed me to go before work. This was important for me so that I did not have to explain anything to my workplac
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. G was alway honest and realistic during my treatment. There were many times where my body was not responding to the course of treatment and instead of pressing me to go forward he would always give me the choice of wether I wanted to continue going forward knowing that the chances of an optimal result were low or to stop for this cycle and then try again next cycle. It made me feel good knowing he was more concerned with the result as opposed to just completing the cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
My work schedule forced me to come into the clinic very early when they opened at 7am and sometimes I would miss having him scan me. If its important to you to be always seen by the doctor I recommend coming in a little later (8am)
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr G was always kind and honest during my scans and egg retrieval procedures. As a 40 year old woman with only 1 ovary I had to be realistic about my situation. I really appreciated that though it would be a longer road I was always told that there was still hope.
Describe the protocols Michael Guarnaccia used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
A year prior I had to have my right ovary removed due to a dermoid cyst. Due to my age I had a diminished ovarian reserve and had to take the maximum amount of hormones to see good results. For my first cycle we did a Follistim and Menopur protocol. But my body didn't respond and the cycle had to be cancelled early on. I did an estrogen patch for the days leading up to day 1 of my cycle and then. Then the next two successful cycles I did a micro-flare protocol where I took Follistim (once a day), Menopur (twice a day) and Lupron. (twice a day) and a Pregnyl trigger. For my third and most successful cycle I took Follistim and Menopur once a day and then also Ganarelyx for about 5 days towards the end of my cycle and was triggered with Pregnyl. Please keep in mind that in order to even do the 3 full cycles and retrievals I had about 3 cancelled cycles.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is in a great location in midtown near a lot of train lines. The staff is very friendly and know what they are doing. I always felt that I was in good hands (which is important when you have to get blood drawn every other day!) The hours are great for people like myself who have to start work early (I would normally go there for 7am for my monitoring appointments). The only weakness I would say is that as they grow in popularity the waiting area can get a little cramped
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
their monitoring hours were perfect because they started at 7am which allowed me to go before work. This was important for me so that I did not have to explain anything to my workplace
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility.
The costs to consider were the medications, the procedure fees and the storage fees.

2018 - 2019, 49 Eggs Frozen
I had a short agonist protocol which was closely monitored and had frequent dose adaptions [by Dr. Maslow] and an lupron trigger. The retrieval date was determined based on the monitoring. She did everything to ensure a good numebr and quality of eggs and the results with her were excellent and a lot better than in my previous treatments. She was able to retrieve a large number of eggs, almost all of them were mature.
Cara [nurse at Extend Fertility] was very helpful and well organized. She was always up to date with what was going on with my case and she took care of all issue...[Monitoring appointments are] Very well organized, quick and efficient. Staff is well trained and very kind and respectful... the set up is designed to improve the results. The monitoring is not just for safety but to optimize for the chances of a good outcome. They usually don't schedule the cycle but start based on the natural cycle which improves chances, also the retrieval date is based on the monitoring and therefore flexible, this increases the chance for an optimal result.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
She answered all of my questions, I asked about many issues concerning my case as well as research and upcoming treatments. She was very understanding, knowledgeable and accommodating. I felt very safe with her regarding my treatment and that she did everything to improve my outcome.
Ask all questions you have and let her know your wishes, she solved a lot of issues that I thought could not be changed.
She was very warm and understanding, I felt like she cared a lot about me and my outcome. I felt like I can trust her and she found the best treatment for me while answering my questions.
I had a short agonist protocol which was closely monitored and had frequent dose adaptions and an lupron trigger. The retrieval date was determined based on the monitoring. She did everything to ensure a good numebr and quality of eggs and the results with her were excellent and a lot better than in my previous treatments. She was able to retrieve a large number of eggs, almost all of them were mature. On my request the MIs were also frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cara)
Cara was very helpful and well organized. She was always up to date with what was going on with my case and she took care of all issue. I often had special requests which she took care of very competently. I felt like I can depend on her. At one point I was traveling and needed help urgently, I emailed her about the issue, she called me within seconds and solved my problem right away.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is very well organized and the set up is designed to improve the results. The monitoring is not just for safety but to optimize for the chances of a good outcome. They usually don't schedule the cycle but start based on the natural cycle which improves chances, also the retrieval date is based on the monitoring and therefore flexible, this increases the chance for an optimal result. I had both retrievals on weekend days, many clinics don't do that. I believe their method is responsible for the great results I had.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I had one fee that paid for the whole cycle, I thought it was very affordable.

2019, 20 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Guarnaccia] was very straightforward and detailed, which is an approach I really appreciated. I felt that he was able to express care and concern while also being direct (warmth in a doctor is not a requirement for me in treatment). I would definitely recommend Dr. G to my friends who are interested in egg freezing... explained my bloodwork and ultrasound results, and showed me data comparing my results to others my age. He was specific about his recommendations regarding getting genetic testing done for my family's history of breast cancer.
The window for the monitoring appointments [at Extend Fertility] was large enough that I never felt rushed or that it was an inconvenience. As I mentioned, at times the waiting area was very crowded, but the staff is so efficient that it moved fast...Freezing = 5500...Storage = 2000...The clinic is very organized and efficient. At times there would be many clients waiting to get their ultrasounds done in the mornings, but the process moved fast and I was never left waiting for long. The staff really listens to your concerns and makes themselves available to you.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. G was very straightforward and detailed, which is an approach I really appreciated. I felt that he was able to express care and concern while also being direct (warmth in a doctor is not a requirement for me in treatment). I would definitely recommend Dr. G to my friends who are interested in egg freezing.
Come with your questions prepared--your anxiety will lessen as he gives you concrete information.
During my consultation, Dr. G reviewed details of my blood work and ultrasound, and the likely outcome of my egg freezing. I discussed my extensive family history of breast cancer and Dr. G strongly recommended I get genetic testing done before the egg freezing process so that we could adjust the hormones if necessary.
Dr. G explained my bloodwork and ultrasound results, and showed me data comparing my results to others my age. He was specific about his recommendations regarding getting genetic testing done for my family's history of breast cancer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
While I did not work specifically with one nurse, they were all compassionate and able to answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
The window for the monitoring appointments was large enough that I never felt rushed or that it was an inconvenience. As I mentioned, at times the waiting area was very crowded, but the staff is so efficient that it moved fast.
Freezing = 5500 Storage = 2000 Meds = 2169 (I was able to use my friend's leftover hormone meds so saved around $400) Total = $9669
Describe Michael Guarnaccia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
Extend

[Dr. Joshua Klein] is very knowledgeable and patiently explains the process and everything about it...does lean towards single embryo transfer since there is always the chance it may split and result in twins he rather not take the chance of then possibly having triplets or more...he chose to change his schedule so he can be the one to do my retrieval...is fully present by each appointment and really listens to his patients and their concerns. He takes the time to explain all the information and answer any questions to make his patients as comfortable with the process as possible
Overall I have been really happy at expect fertility [Extend Fertility]. The staff are all nice and the atmosphere is pleasant... One example that stands out is the day of my egg retrieval the Dr. On call was not Dr. Klein who did my initial consultation and on his own he chose to change his schedule so he can be the one to do my retrieval. Also the nurses are all so sweet and helpful...They [nurses] are all super helpful and aiming to please. They really were instrumental in making the ivf process as stress free as can be
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is fully present by each appointment and really listens to his patients and their concerns. He takes the time to explain all the information and answer any questions to make his patients as comfortable with the process as possible
Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like. Dr. Klein is very knowledgeable and patiently explains the process and everything about it
So far I’ve had a really great experience at Expect Fertility. One example that stands out is the day of my egg retrieval the Dr. On call was not Dr. Klein who did my initial consultation and on his own he chose to change his schedule so he can be the one to do my retrieval. Also the nurses are all so sweet and helpful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Fertility advisor Jordana )
The nursing staff at expect fertility are the nicest group of women I’ve ever experienced. They are all super helpful and aiming to please. They really were instrumental in making the ivf process as stress free as can be
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Overall I have been really happy at expect fertility. The staff are all nice and the atmosphere is pleasant. They have a state of the art lab which is super important for treatments to yield positive results
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
Their monitoring window was for a couple of hours in the morning. I was able to go in and still be at work on time. It is a first come first serve basis yet they were quick and professional. This method worked well for me since there was no pressure for a specific appointment time and there was a lower wait time as well since they took you in as you came
Dr. Klein does lean towards single embryo transfer since there is always the chance it may split and result in twins he rather not take the chance of then possibly having triplets or more
Extend

Dr. Guarnaccia used a chart to determine the correct dosage for my egg retrieval medications based on my blood test and ultra sound results. He assured me that I was in the 95 percentile for my age so I am getting the lowest dose of hormones, which I appreciate.... He was very straightforward and informative. Easy to talk to, willing and able to answer all my questions.
I really like Extend Fertility!... They assign an administrator to you and he/she is with you throughout the process. That has been very nice....I have not had much experience with the nursing staff but everyone at the clinic seems very warm and professional.... I thought I was told that egg freezing has a limit on how long eggs can be frozen but was then told that they can be frozen indefinitely.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
He seems well-informed and willing to answer my questions and spend time with me going over information. I felt comfortable in his hands and believe he is good at his job. I liked him and appreciate him.
I would go in with an open mind and understand that he is a busy man but he is present with you! He goes over all pertinent information and makes you feel well-informed. He is not going to add fluff but I think that is a good thing. He knows what he is talking about and has a lot of education and experience to back it up.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I really like Extend Fertility! They marketed to me on Instagram and since that ad, the process had been very easy! They assign an administrator to you and he/she is with you throughout the process. That has been very nice.
approx. $6.5 k for the procedure, $4.5K for ten years of storage. $2.5K goes directly to pharmacy (this is the lowest dosage of hormones. They get more expensive as the amounts go up).... Overall, I think this is cheaper than the big NYC hospitals.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
I thought I was told that egg freezing has a limit on how long eggs can be frozen but was then told that they can be frozen indefinitely. I may have misheard!

2018 - 2019, 22 Eggs Frozen
I only did egg freezing [with Dr. Michael Guarnaccia]...always answered questions with patience and understanding. He's been doing this for a long time and he has empathy for his patients...is a knowledgeable and experienced doctor who is more old fashioned in the way he acts with his patients. He answered every question with patience and understanding, and I think he gets what his patients are going through because he's done this for so many years.
The nurses at Extend were amazing! They were kind and compassionate and always got an answer for any question I had. They are truly the backbone of the clinic and some of the nicest people I've met...It was a well oiled machine even on the busiest of days. When I first started at Extend they had appointments during morning monitoring hours but for my last cycle they had changed that to just showing up anytime between 7-9:30 am which I didn't like.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Guarnaccia is a knowledgeable and experienced doctor who is more old fashioned in the way he acts with his patients. He answered every question with patience and understanding, and I think he gets what his patients are going through because he's done this for so many years.
Do the research before you start the process and be as informed as possible. It goes by fast and a lot of information will be thrown your way. If you know the questions to ask you'll always get an informed response.
Dr. Guarnaccia always answered questions with patience and understanding. He's been doing this for a long time and he has empathy for his patients.
Microdose Lupron 10 units 2x a day Gonal-F 450 units 1x a day Menopur 2 vials 1x a day Estrdiol patches
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I think Extend Fertility knows their business inside and out and I was happy with my results. It's hard to form a normal medical relationship with the doctors/nurses/staff because you're only a patient at the clinic temporarily so sometimes you can feel like a number. However, I think the staff tries their hardest not to make you feel that way, even on the busiest of days.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
It was a well oiled machine even on the busiest of days. When I first started at Extend they had appointments during morning monitoring hours but for my last cycle they had changed that to just showing up anytime between 7-9:30 am which I didn't like. Busy days were harder but everyone was always kind and worked very hard.
Cycles were $5200 for the first and $4000 for any cycles performed after that. I don't recall the costs of all the medications but that differs for everyone.
I only did egg freezing
Extend

I have never ever experienced that type of stellar service with any other doctor...When I shared with my friends how I can email him [Dr. Guarnaccia] and get a reply back in less than 10mins they were shocked...Every Dr. visit I would come in with a list of questions I found on forums or the internet. Dr. G patiently listened and provided detailed answers to my questions, never brushing it off or telling me to stay off the internet... anytime something would happen, i.e., unexpected spotting I would email him and get a response back immediately.
The nursing staff [at Extend Fertility] was super friendly...The facility is new and clean. The staff is super friendly and knowledgable. The pricing is great. I never had to wait more than 15min in the waiting room. The Drs here were directors at top clinics. The clinic is great with email communication. Weakness: The billing department took a bit to get insurance paperwork done...Estrogen patch before my period Follistim 300 units Menopur 225 IU
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
I never experienced any anxiety or questioning with Dr. Guarnaccia because anytime something would happen, i.e., unexpected spotting I would email him and get a response back immediately.  I never had to sit there wondering if something was wrong or am I doing the right thing.  I am not an easy patient. Every Dr. visit I  would come in with a list of questions I found on forums or the internet. Dr. G patiently listened and provided detailed answers to my questions, never brushing it off or telling me to stay off the internet.
Before Extend Fertility I was at a very well known, highly ranked fertility clinic where I would call in when I had a question, wait for over 15min on the phone with the receptionist and then be told the Dr will call you back when they get a moment which meant the next day.  However, I felt like I won the lottery with Dr. Guarnaccia (Dr. G). When I shared with my friends how I can email him and get a reply back in less than 10mins they were shocked. Actually, the first time I emailed him and got a quick response I was shocked too. I have never ever experienced that type of stellar service with any other doctor.
Estrogen patch before my period Follistim 300 units Menopur 225 IU
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff was super friendly.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I did 2 rounds of IVF at Columbia but had to stop because my insurance was no longer going to cover IVF and Columbia was too expensive. I was choosing between RMA and Expect Fertility. I went with Expect Fertility because of Dr. Guarnaccia experience & knowledge, the rates, and the state of the art lab. I didn't go with RMA because they suggested a birth control protocol. Strengths: The facility is new and clean. The staff is super friendly and knowledgable. The pricing is great. I never had to wait more than 15min in the waiting room. The Drs here were directors at top clinics. The clinic is great with email communication. Weakness: The billing department took a bit to get insurance paperwork done.
2019, 12 Eggs Frozen
I only met her [Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow] once during a consultation and was once seen by a different doctor during the routine visits. She did not do my retrieval. She was really nice and knowledgeable and patiently answered my questions...It was a standard egg retrieval process. They told me to add more hormones based on the growth of my follicles...it feels more like you are a patient of the clinic then any patient of a specific doctor.
When you go to Extend Fertility, it feels more like you are a patient of the clinic then any patient of a specific doctor. I only met her [Dr. Maslow] once during a consultation and was once seen by a different doctor during the routine visits...The nurses were sweet, smart, friendly, patient and follow up. However, you have to be organized as things can slip through the cracks...It [monitoring] was a well run machine. Sometimes it took 15 min and other times it was 30
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
When you go to Extend Fertility, it feels more like you are a patient of the clinic then any patient of a specific doctor. I only met her once during a consultation and was once seen by a different doctor during the routine visits. She did not do my retrieval. She was really nice and knowledgeable and patiently answered my questions.
It's a smaller office, but it's still a bit of a factory. At least it's a well oiled machine with many polite and friendly nurses and staff.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nurses were sweet, smart, friendly, patient and follow up. However, you have to be organized as things can slip through the cracks. A pharmacy didn't get the prescription and they never told me which type of trigger shot i needed until i asked. I did call to speak to a nurse after a treatment as i was experiencing vertigo and they were useless with that issue. However, this does not surprise me since it was not directly related to the procedure
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Their practice is geared towards women who want to freeze their eggs for the future and not for any immediate treatment, which is what i was doing. It had a smaller feel then an RMI and was less expensive (my insurance did not provide coverage). Everyone is super friendly and nice and wait times are really managable. However, you have to stay organized the whole time as things can fall through the cracks. This will happen at any of the egg retrieval or ivf clinice.
It was a well run machine. Sometimes it took 15 min and other times it was 30
$6500 for retrieval, $2000 for 5 years of freezing and approx $2000 in hormones
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
The pharmacy didnt have the prescription and they never called in my trigger shot until i reminded them about it
2017 - 2019, 3 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Klein was very knowledgable. He explained information thoroughly but always in a way that was understandable. He was kind and compassionate when giving difficult news. He answered all my questions (and I had many) and he addressed all my concerns without judgement. ... Dr. Klein listened to my concerns, answered all my questions, and understood my feelings while delivering both good and bad news.
The biggest strength of this office is the compassion. They are understanding, kind, and thorough. As with any clinic, you always need to be your own advocate. If you have questions, you must ask. If you have concerns, you must voice them. Be knowledgable as a patient but also be trusting because this team only wants what's best for you.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Ask all your questions and don't worry if they are insignificant in your mind, Dr. Klein will understand, answer you thoroughly, and validate your concerns.
I went through 3 rounds of egg freezing, one cancellation, and will be doing one more before being the IUI process with Dr. Klein. In all three rounds, the Folistim amounts were increased from the start and I was given three different trigger drugs. My body reacts best to higher doses of Folistim but I also had a canceled cycle on the highest dose.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
From the moment you walk into the office, every single nurse is kind, gentle, understanding, and thorough.
$9000 for 4 egg freezing cycles $2000 for 5 years of long term storage

2019, 13 Eggs Frozen
I chose a female doctor [Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow] because I think it’s more convenient. She is very nice and professional. The whole procedure went smoothly and I got a pretty good result. I didn’t feel anything miserable, the medication was efficient, I only injected 8 days to get it ready.... They expected to get 10-15 eggs, I got 13 mature eggs, which is pretty good. Although I expected 15.
This clinic [Extend Fertility] is the egg freezing industry leader. I’m happy I made a good choice. I did so much research to find it. I enjoyed the advanced technology and professional team. The whole procedure was pretty enjoyable.... Their monitoring hours is 7:00am-9:30am every day. Which is very convenient. The waiting time is very short.... My fertility advisor Kezia is great! She is very friendly and reachable.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I chose a female doctor because I think it’s more convenient. She is very nice and professional. The whole procedure went smoothly and I got a pretty good result. I didn’t feel anything miserable, the medication was efficient, I only injected 8 days to get it ready.
Don’t fear of anything, I feel the procedure just like a regular period.
She is very nice and with big smile. A kind of warm feeling.
They give me the dose is medium. Follistim 225 unites and 2 vials of Menopur per day. I only injected 8 days to get it ready for retraival. They expected to get 10-15 eggs, I got 13 mature eggs, which is pretty good. Although I expected 15.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kezia Onel )
My fertility advisor Kezia is great! She is very friendly and reachable. She is so patient and answered all my questions. She helped me made it. And all the nurses are so nice and patient. They are a well organized team.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
This clinic is the egg freezing industry leader. I’m happy I made a good choice. I did so much research to find it. I enjoyed the advanced technology and professional team. The whole procedure was pretty enjoyable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
First cycle 6500, one year storage 600, medication 3000.
Extend
Doctor [Klein] took time to answer questions. Had a very well prepared presentation that answered most questions (which I liked a lot).... He seemed very knowledgeable. He answered questions I had. I did have to wait a long time because he was presenting to another patient. He had a long presentation. The wait was inconvenient but I was overall pleased with the consultation. I would have preferred that he re-check a suspiciously low blood test number but as a practitioner I felt comfortable in his care
The clinic administrative staff [Extend] seemed not well coordinated... They seemed rush - especially after the treatment had been paid for. I felt like an inconvenience to them... For me the greatest strength was affordability and location. They are in midtown and easy to get to. The doctor also seemed very competent. The support team I was not impressed with however. I’ve had 3 different “coordinators” since visiting them.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I liked him. He seemed very knowledgeable. He answered questions I had. I did have to wait a long time because he was presenting to another patient. He had a long presentation. The wait was inconvenient but I was overall pleased with the consultation. I would have preferred that he re-check a suspiciously low blood test number but as a practitioner I felt comfortable in his care
Be ready to wait
Doctor took time to answer questions. Had a very well prepared presentation that answered most questions (which I liked a lot). Was thorough
I don’t remember
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
For me the greatest strength was affordability and location. They are in midtown and easy to get to. The doctor also seemed very competent. The support team I was not impressed with however. I’ve had 3 different “coordinators” since visiting them. Also had one phone reception call that where the clinic person was rude- this did not occur until after treatment was paid in full however. That was quite disappointing
Don’t remember
I didn’t have this procedure
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
The clinic administrative staff seemed not well coordinated
Extend
[Dr. Joshua Klein] always made sure to be on call for my procedures He always helped me stay positive and hopeful he showed true compassion and interest in my care/needs even after success. He is always available by email and phone if needed...first IVF protocol was "micro- flare" which resulted in "funky" egg behavior. The next cycle was antagonist with high dosage of Gonal- F and 3rd and most successful cycle was antagonist with lower dosage of Gonal- F which resulted in better egg quality.
The office [of Extend Fertility] is a nice and warm environment...Feels very welcoming...Nurses are always smiling and compassionate...They could work on communication skills...like calling back and getting questions answered more efficiently...very fairly priced (compared to other clinics)...Dr. Klein was not a fan of transferring multiple embryos but would have agreed if I begged enough...first IVF protocol was "micro- flare" which resulted in "funky" egg behavior. The next cycle was antagonist with high dosage of Gonal- F and 3rd and most successful cycle was antagonist with lower dosage of Gonal- F which resulted in better egg quality.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein always made sure to be on call for my procedures He always helped me stay positive and hopeful he showed true compassion and interest in my care/needs even after success. He is always available by email and phone if needed.
dont be afraid to ask questions
Dr Klein is always available by email He always takes the time to respond in detail and made sure to be on call for all my procedures
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The office is a nice and warm environment Feels very welcoming Nurses are always smiling and compassionate They could work on communication skills...like calling back and getting questions answered more efficiently
very fairly priced (compared to other clinics)