9.7

Selling medication is not offered

200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828

2022, Successful
Dr. Klein truly cares about the patient. Optimal results is an individualized thing and it cannot be compared to others...Not only did he take the time to explain it in the way I would understand it but also in a very compassionate way which I appreciated and realized was necessary for me to get through the process...
There's always a sense of privacy and respect. The waiting room is never full. appointments are very on time. If you are late they are super accommodating and understanding...I knew if I had any questions I could call [the Extend Fertility nurses] any time and even multiple times and I would not be made to feel less than. In short-they really do truly care about the individual..
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein truly cares about the patient. Optimal results is an individualized thing and it cannot be compared to others. This was explained to me and thank God he did help me obtain those results! The process is not an easy one but choosing Dr. Klein should be.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is so real and down to earth. As a doctor I was expecting him to explain the science without any human component. Thankfully I was wrong. Not only did he take the time to explain it in the way I would understand it but also in a very compassionate way which I appreciated and realized was necessary for me to get through the process.
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
I started with his standard protocol for my initial lab results. About half way through the dosage was adjusted. The results were very positive.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
They were always so kind and patient. At times I repeated my questions for clarify and I was already responded to with compassion and understanding. I knew if I had any questions I could call any time and even multiple times and I would not be made to feel less than. In short-they really do truly care about the individual.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
There's always a sense of privacy and respect. The waiting room is never full. appointments are very on time. If you are late they are super accommodating and understanding. The office itself has a very modern feel and is always clean. No discussions every take place in the waiting area no matter how insignificant it may seem.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.
I don't know the exact cost but it was certainly more reasonable than another clinic I had inquired about. Not only are they less expensive but I would make the choice to use Extend even if the cost was more.

2017 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Klein is a very sought after dr. which makes getting a consultation with him quite difficult. However it was worth the wait as we got quite good results with him. With a diagnoses of unexplained infertility he told us our best bet was IVF which although expensive and hard to hear saved us a lot of pain and heartache. We did get the results we wanted with IVF....With unexplained infertility we took our chances with clomid and iui. We were told not to continue past 3-4 cycles as that would be expensive and we’d not likely see results. We continued with ivf
The clinic [at Extend Fertility] is hi-tech modern and clean. They recently expanded their offices and waiting room. It has enough seating for patients and spouses. They have everything onsite including a lab and sterilized procedure room...The nurses and staff and extend are exceptional. It seems like a couple of nurses are assigned to each patient for the duration of treatment. They say the facts gently but as they are. I never felt rushed on a phone call and my calls were always returned.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Trust the process.
Dr. Klein employs the kindest nurses and staff who say the facts gently but as they are.
With unexplained infertility we took our chances with clomid and iui. We were told not to continue past 3-4 cycles as that would be expensive and we’d not likely see results. We continued with ivf and got the results we wanted.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is hi-tech modern and clean. They recently expanded their offices and waiting room. It has enough seating for patients and spouses. They have everything onsite including a lab and sterilized procedure room.
Most recent procedure done was a transfer. Cost of that was $2250 flat rate which included bloodwork and ultrasounds.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Klein not only provided the utmost medical care, regarding all treatments performed, but he always made sure to address the psychological aspect of all that I was going through, and always suggested ways to help me cope and to not feel alone...Dr. Klein strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo, especially since my embryo's had PGT-A testing and only genetically normal embryo's were being transferred...
Extend Fertility is an incredible clinic. They are located in midtown Manhattan, making it super accessible and easy to get to...a wide range of morning monitoring hours, making it easy to accommodate your schedule.Everyone there is so kind and so friendly...The nurses are easily accessible, whether it's over the phone or in person, which makes it easy to have your questions answered. Additionally, a really big perk of Extend, is that it has an additional office/OR on the floor above its main clinic - This means that all procedures to be done happen in the same building, no hospitals to go to, just convenient and easy.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Fertility is unique, where everything is so tailored to the individual person - What works for some, may not work well for another, and therefore, having a great doctor, who tailors treatment to you, the individual, is so important. Additionally, fertility treatment has an immense emotional and psychological component to it, thats crucial for your doctor/care team to address and be conscientious of. As a patient of Dr. Klein, you get the best of both worlds - You receive the most incredible medical care available, tailored to you and your specific needs/bodily responses, in addition to having the most caring and compassionate doctor imaginable. Dr. Klein not only provided the utmost medical care, regarding all treatments performed, but he always made sure to address the psychological aspect of all that I was going through, and always suggested ways to help me cope and to not feel alone. There's truly not enough words/ways for me sing my praises to Dr. Klein. He is one of kind, incredibly knowledgeable, skilled, and so compassionate - Anyone going through fertility treatment/preservation would be lucky to be a patient of his.
Don't hesitate to see him! You will not regret it! Whether its for fertility preservation or treatment, he is the best of the best, and you will be so taken care of and feel so happy under his care.
Dr. Klein, and all of the Extend Fertility team, made my experience so personal; I always felt cared about, I always felt like my questions and concerns were being validated, and I always felt like a conscious effort was made to make me feel as good and as happy as possible. Going through IVF can get really tough, both physically and emotionally, and I always felt like those tough aspects were addressed; whether is was by a nurse calling me with instructions, sonographers at monitoring appointments, for really by anyone I encountered or spoke with at Extend, my well-being was always addressed and I always felt truly cared about. Not once throughout the almost year and a half I spend there did I ever feel like a number - I always felt cared about, and like my care was personalized.
I originally started seeing Dr. Klein due to recurrent pregnancy loss. During my last pregnancy, before starting IVF w/ PGT-A, Dr. Klein thought out of the box, and prescribed me progesterone and lovenox, in the hopes that those medications would help sustain the pregnancy. When my pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage, we decided to pursue IVF with PGT-A testing, in hopes of transferring a genetically normal embryo and subsequently achieving a healthy, viable pregnancy. Since I am relatively young, with a normal ovarian reserve, I responded well to the stimulation medications, and had, what I believe to be a pretty normal stim's cycle protocol (the same protocol was used for both of my egg retrieval cycles) - Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, and a Luprolide Trigger. Both cycles yielded over 35 eggs, majority of which fertilized.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
I have nothing but great things to say about the nursing staff at Extend Fertility. The nurses play a huge role in your overall treatment, as daily instructions and next steps are usually relayed by them. With that said, I'm so grateful for all of the nurses at Extend. They were all always so kind, so genuine, and so patient. They never made me feel rushed while on the phone with them, and they were always more than happy to address any questions or concerns that I raised. They showed tremendous compassion, and always tried to accommodate my schedule as best as possible. The nurses truly enhanced my overall care at Extend and always made me feel so cared about. When, after a long time, I had success, the nurses truly shared in my joy with me, and it was evident how much they cared and how genuinely happy they were for me.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Extend Fertility is an incredible clinic. They are located in midtown Manhattan, making it super accessible and easy to get to. The clinic was just renovated, and it is beyond beautiful, clean, and truly a pleasure to be in. They have a wide range of morning monitoring hours, making it easy to accommodate your schedule.Everyone there is so kind and so friendly - Even though its a fertility clinic, the environment is calm, serene, and overall a pleasant and enjoyable place to be. The nurses are easily accessible, whether it's over the phone or in person, which makes it easy to have your questions answered. Additionally, a really big perk of Extend, is that it has an additional office/OR on the floor above its main clinic - This means that all procedures to be done happen in the same building, no hospitals to go to, just convenient and easy.
I don't remember the specifics of my costs, but I do remember it being highly affordable, especially compared to other Manhattan clinics.
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
Dr. Klein strongly recommended transferring only 1 embryo, especially since my embryo's had PGT-A testing and only genetically normal embryo's were being transferred. I completely agree with this approach, and was a big proponent of transferring 1 embryo as well. When, after 2 of my transfers/FET's failed/did not result in a pregnancy, before moving on to another transfer cycle, Dr. Klein recommended a short break, and he performed the Endometrio test/biopsy as well. When the biopsy results came back as receptive, I suggested/asked if transferring 2 embryo's could be done the next time around, in hopes of increasing the chances that at least 1 would implant - Dr. Klein still suggested that I transfer only 1, but said he was willing to transfer 2, since he understood the logic/reasoning behind my request. Needless to say, that transfer was, thank God, successful. At the end of the day however, had Dr. Klein been adamant about still transferring only 1 embryo, I would have happily went along with it - I completely trust him, and know he has his reasonings for doing things certain ways.

2021, Consult
Dr. Maslow was very nice and communicated everything well to me. I've only had one consultation with her so far but I have no complaints, everything went well. I look forward to having more appointments with her once I start the process...She took the time to explain the entire egg freezing process to me and also answered al the questions I had. I didn't feel rushed and felt like I had her undivided attention and felt very comfortable speaking to her....
The clinic [Extend Fertility] was quiet and spacious, taking into consideration social distancing. Everything was organized and I was in and out fairly quickly...The first appointment I had with the nurses was very quick and easy. just one quick blood draw...if the patient is looking for a female physician at this clinic. As the only female physician, I did have to wait a few extra weeks for an appointment....
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
experience went very well. Dr. Maslow was very nice and communicated everything well to me. I've only had one consultation with her so far but I have no complaints, everything went well. I look forward to having more appointments with her once I start the process
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I think to just be patient if the patient is looking for a female physician at this clinic. As the only female physician, I did have to wait a few extra weeks for an appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Describe the protocols Bat-Sheva Maslow used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
I have not started treatment yet.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic was quiet and spacious, taking into consideration social distancing. Everything was organized and I was in and out fairly quickly. There was some construction as the clinic is expanding but the only signs of that were signs in the clinic space. Otherwise, I would have had no idea, there was no noise or disturbance that impeded the appointment
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility.
just over $10000
Describe Bat-Sheva Maslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr G [Guarnaccia] is an extremely effective communicator who errs on the side caution when it comes to patient health, comfort and care. You're in good hands with Dr.G! He's extremely informed and patient and seems quite up-to-date in his field, he exceeded my expectations in every way...extremely warm and sweet...
The nursing staff [at Extend Fertility] needs work. Protocols were not explained adequately and getting written instructions was a problem. The insistence upon using the app was not pleasing to me. One nurse however was extraordinary >>> VALERIE. Her instructions and calls were thorough...the office staff are very lovely as are the girls who draw blood and perform ultrasounds. I always felt comfortable with them and i appreciate their kind demeanor.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr G is an extremely effective communicator who errs on the side caution when it comes to patient health, comfort and care. You're in good hands with Dr.G! He's extremely informed and patient and seems quite up-to-date in his field, he exceeded my expectations in every way.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Book him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr G is extremely warm and sweet
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff needs work. Protocols were not explained adequately and getting written instructions was a problem. The insistence upon using the app was not pleasing to me. One nurse however was extraordinary >>> VALERIE. Her instructions and calls were thorough. Thank you Valerie.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I would recommend Extend strongly due to the Excellent staff, the office staff are very lovely as are the girls who draw blood and perform ultrasounds. I always felt comfortable with them and i appreciate their kind demeanor.

2019 - 2021, 12 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Guarnaccia] came across as highly professional, competent and trustworthy, as well as warm and personable...Dr G and I only spent limited time together in person – I spent the majority of time with the clinical team (nurses, patient care advocates etc) and Dr Maslow ended up performing my surgery because that's who was available on the day of my retrieval...
The patient care team and nurses are the heart and soul of Extend. They made it a dream experience, were SO warm and personable from day 1, and showed so much care for me. I spent much more time with them than I did with my doctors and was quick to jump into a second cycle based on the experience I had...I just wish they had more locations or an office downtown...
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
I always felt I was in safe hands with Dr Guarnaccia. On the occasions where we met, he gave me plenty of time to ask questions and I never felt rushed. He came across as highly professional, competent and trustworthy, as well as warm and personable. I'm pleased with the results I saw with him on my first round of egg freezing and will be going to him again for my second round.
As with any doctor, do some reading in advance and have a list of questions prepared. Make the most of valuable in-person time with the doctor. That being said, on the occasions where I had ad hoc questions (e.g. checking whether a new non-fertility-related medication was safe for me to use in conjunction with my egg freezing treatment), Dr Guarnaccia was highly responsive and came back via the clinical team very promptly and professionally.
My case was fairly uncomplicated, as a 31-year-old with no fertility problems. As such, Dr G and I only spent limited time together in person – I spent the majority of time with the clinical team (nurses, patient care advocates etc) and Dr Maslow ended up performing my surgery because that's who was available on the day of my retrieval.
Describe the protocols Michael Guarnaccia used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
On my first egg freezing round, I believe my protocol was 225 Follistim and 1 vial of Menopur per day. We bumped it up to 2 vials of Menopur per day after about day 4 and then included Certrotide towards the end of the cycle. For my second egg freezing round, we are going to be slightly less conservative and do 2 vials of Menopur per day, likely stepping up to 3 vials at some point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kezia)
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Strengths - competitive pricing, friendly with my insurance, amazing care & clinical team, will take the time to answer your questions no matter how many there are Weaknesses - I just wish they had more locations or an office downtown. Their location on 57th St was a slog from East Brooklyn for 5-7 visits
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility.
Round 1 - 6500K, Round 2 - 5500K. Medication was an additional 3K on top each time, although I have great insurance that covered 90% of everything

2021, 44 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Klein was one of the most caring doctors I've ever met. He was very attentive and extremely thorough in answering my questions. He gave me his honest opinions when I asked tough questions...I never felt rushed and 2 different times when I questioned his methods, he gave me sound reasoning as to why he went the course he did. I truly respected his approach and his willingness to hear my concerns. His professionalism in tandem with his care was excellent...
Initial appointments [at Extend Fertility] can be hard to come by but once you're a patient, they take very good care of your scheduling concerns. Depending on the day you go, you may have a bit of wait because they are very busy in the mornings but it's really not too bad..Between my 2 cycles I worked with 3-4 of the nurses and many of the techs. They were absolutely incredible and took really great care and concern! They made a very vulnerable experience way better...
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I felt very safe as Dr. Klein's patient. I was very inquisitive and he took the time and patience to go through each of my questions. I never felt rushed and 2 different times when I questioned his methods, he gave me sound reasoning as to why he went the course he did. I truly respected his approach and his willingness to hear my concerns. His professionalism in tandem with his care was excellent. I would highly recommend him and in fact have done so many times over thus far.
Ask questions, advocate for yourself and speak to someone who has gone through the process already in order to ask the right questions.
My protocol was 2 vials of Menopur and 300 GonalF/Follistim for days 1-4 or 5. On the 4th or 5th day, I was pushed to 3 vials of Menopur and took Ganirelix/Cetrotide as well until my trigger. My first cycle I had 1 less day of meds and got 23 eggs of which 18 were viable. My second cycle went 1 day longer and I got 26 eggs of which 26 were thankfully viable.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
They are on top of their game. Initial appointments can be hard to come by but once you're a patient, they take very good care of your scheduling concerns. Depending on the day you go, you may have a bit of wait because they are very busy in the mornings but it's really not too bad. Ask questions. Be involved and question why they do what they do so that you feel as if you're involved with the process.
Retrievals are around ~$6000 range and meds cost between another $3000-$4000 depending on what you need.
What specific things went wrong at Extend Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
At 1 appointment a different person checked me and gave a completely different picture as to what I should expect from cycle and it got me nervous. I spoke with my doctor later and he confirmed what he had originally told me and said to ignore the other doctor's comment and that he wasn't sure why he said that. Small hiccup that got cleared VERY quickly.

2021, Consult
Dr. Klein was extremely attentive to my feeling and while describing every step of the planned treatment in great detail he answered all my questions and concerns in frank but very courteous and considerate manner. When I half joked that he should stop referring to my age, he complied immediately and made sure that I understand exactly what is ahead without making me feel uncomfortable.
Only had a consultation, so it's hard to know,. The [Extend Fertility] staff overall was very courteous, I was able to get appointment very fast and they were very accommodating during my first appointment. Highly recommend it...Initial consult was $350...Dr. Klein was extremely attentive to my feeling and while describing every step of the planned treatment in great detail he answered all my questions and concerns in frank but very courteous and considerate manner
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Only had a consultation, so it's hard to know,. The staff overall was very courteous, I was able to get appointment very fast and they were very accommodating during my first appointment. Highly recommend it.
Initial consult was $350, the rest we're still working out.
Due to my age and medical condition Dr. Klein recommended eSet.

2020, 29 Eggs Frozen
He [Dr. Klein] is honest and straightforward so as not to get your hopes up, but communicates information in a kind and empathetic way...He made himself available every time I asked him to speak again to ask more questions about what went wrong and made suggestions on what changes he would make to the protocol for the next round (while also letting me know we may not get better results the next time). He never gave me false hope, but I felt confident in his plan
Anything more complicated regarding questions about protocol, [the Extend Fertility nurses] would let me know they would relay to Dr. Klein and would call me back with an answer. They were consistent and reliable...They're really a great team - even the embryologists emailed me after I had questions the nurse couldn't answer. Advice to a new egg freezing patient: do your research - on the doctors, the lab, and the clinic. Understand how many eggs you want to freeze going into it, and how many cycles that may take
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is fantastic. I was nervous about this process and came into the clinic for a second opinion after a not so great experience at what is considered the "top" fertility clinic in New York. I was hesitant about the whole process, and also came prepared with lots of questions, and felt completely comfortable moving forward by the time I left. He is honest and straightforward so as not to get your hopes up, but communicates information in a kind and empathetic way. I had a disappointing result after my first cycle and was devastated (my body just didn't respond to the meds as well as we had anticipated). Dr. Klein called and gave me the news himself and I could tell he was just as disappointed. He made himself available every time I asked him to speak again to ask more questions about what went wrong and made suggestions on what changes he would make to the protocol for the next round (while also letting me know we may not get better results the next time). He never gave me false hope, but I felt confident in his plan and decided to do two more rounds a year later. When I came back to the office, he remembered everything from our last round, we moved forward with the new protocol. I was stressed throughout the process but he was always available to answer questions (and I always had a lot of questions) and I always felt like he truly cared about the outcome. All of the changes he made to the protocol worked and I had two more retrievals with great results :)
If you are unsure of anything or have questions, just ask! I had questions about my diet, different protocols, and a million other things. He was always open to listening to me and providing thorough explanations that helped to make me feel more at ease.
Everyone in the office is kind and helpful; they are efficient and understanding. I always felt like I was in good hands, whether with the nurse, sonogram technician or a doctor. They are friendly and make themselves available to answer questions as needed.
All 3 rounds we used follistim and menopur at varying doses, as well as cetrotide. The first round used a lupron-only trigger. For the second round, I primed with estrogen patches with the rationale that it would help the follicles grow in cohort. I also started at a higher dose of follistim and used a dual-trigger to help the eggs mature. Third round we did the same as the second.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
I really only spoke with the nurses over the phone when they gave me instructions, and when I came in for my surgery. However, they were always knowledgable and answered any questions I had as they came up. Anything more complicated regarding questions about protocol, they would let me know they would relay to Dr. Klein and would call me back with an answer. They were consistent and reliable - I don't think I ever had to call to follow up on anything.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I think Extend is great at what they do. The office is clean, the staff is efficient, and it is run like a well-oiled machine. They are so much more affordable than other clinics in the city, but the doctors and staff are top notch. As I mentioned, before deciding on Extend, I went to one of the "top" research clinics in the city, and while I was ready and willing to pay 14k for at least one round of egg freezing, I had a really bad experience with the doctor relaying the wrong information and doing so in a rude a callous way. I am so glad I did my research and found Extend. I was able to do 3 rounds for about the same amount of money as one round of egg freezing elsewhere, with an amazing team, much better experience, and great results. They're really a great team - even the embryologists emailed me after I had questions the nurse couldn't answer. Advice to a new egg freezing patient: do your research - on the doctors, the lab, and the clinic. Understand how many eggs you want to freeze going into it, and how many cycles that may take. Make sure you feel comfortable with your doctor and the team you're working with - it's a stressful process, so do your best to limit additional stress as much as you can by making sure you feel you're in good hands.
Each cycle was between $5k-6500. I know their prices have changed since the first time I was there, but each time I paid I was fully aware of the payment, and that was the only payment I had to make to the clinic which I appreciated. I know other clinics charge additional fees for blood work, consults, anesthesiologist, etc. I had to pay for my medications separately, which is standard. I paid out of pocket, and appreciated knowing this fee covered everything as it was one less thing to worry about during treatment.
Extend
I am especially appreciative for a specific out-of-the-box decision he [Dr. Joshua Klein] made during my treatment that I believe contributed to the success of my first IVF cycle with him. I didn't feel like there were cookie-cutter protocols, but rather that each patient's success was given adequate thought...cares genuinely about each patient and it shows in his communication, responsiveness and throughout every step of the journey. I have never been disappointed.
I liked the extend fertility clinic. It's nicely designed! When you walk in for monitoring in the morning, you are greeted warmly (it's not a cold silent room like waiting rooms in fertility clinics are known for). Most of the staff knows you. Things run efficiently. I liked that there weren't set appointments for monitoring, you can just come in within a certain time range, at your convenience...Jordana, my IVF coordinator was extremely helpful and able to answer my questions throughout the process. She was super organized and helped with all the long-distance logistics too.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Though there are plenty good doctors on the West Coast, there are none I found as caring and skilled as Dr. Klein. There is nothing like the peace-of-mind and reassurance that comes with fully trusting that your doctor has your best interest in mind. Personally, if I had to choose between a doctor who was extremely skilled, had great success rates, professional etc. vs a doctor who is kind caring and gentle - I would opt for the former, a doctor whose expertise I can rely on completely. But the greatest gift for me was that I didn't have to choose. He excels in both areas. I was comfortable to bring up any questions that I had and always received a clear and thorough response. He's fully present when he's with you and takes his time to explain things thoroughly.
Not only does Dr. Klein stand "head & shoulders" above other Reproductive Endocrinologists that I've seen but he stands out among any doctor I've known. Dr. Klein cares genuinely about each patient and it shows in his communication, responsiveness and throughout every step of the journey. I have never been disappointed.
Although I do not remember the specific medications, I do remember feeling pretty decent throughout stimulation. I am especially appreciative for a specific out-of-the-box decision he made during my treatment that I believe contributed to the success of my first IVF cycle with him. I didn't feel like there were cookie-cutter protocols, but rather that each patient's success was given adequate thought.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Valerie, Stephanie)
Jordana, my IVF coordinator was extremely helpful and able to answer my questions throughout the process. She was super organized and helped with all the long-distance logistics too. Most of our correspondence was by email. The nurses were great - everyone knows who you are. Always got a call from them pretty early in the day with the medication instructions, plus a clear email. If I had a question for them, I'd call and get a call back pretty quickly usually. Being able to email them would've been nice since often when I called they were on the phone with other patients, in a meeting etc - but it was fine, since they would call me back quickly. And if I ever had a very pressing question or situation and a nurse wasn't available that minute, there was always someway somehow that someone would be able to help me. As a team, they all cared.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Compared to other clinics they are significantly cheaper - and very transparent about costs. No surprises. Medications cost me even less than they projected.
Extend
I met with [Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow] when I first was thinking about starting the process and she was very clear about what I should expect and answered all my questions, she also called in a few days after my retrieval to check in and answer any other questions, which really made me feel like I was in great, caring hands...It was nice to start and end with Dr. Maslow, because of the familiarity. Also, she was very clear about expectations and had no problem answering all of my questions...
The staff at Extend Fertility as a whole was amazing. Everyone was so caring and had no problem answering questions...Lovely and caring staff. Good communication. Clean and organized facility. The nurses did a great job with communicating next steps and answering follow up questions. During treatment for egg retrieval it is a lot monitoring and blood work, but Extend Fertility was efficient, so that even when I had to go to work afterwards, it was a huge stress. I only wish that they had an Extend Fertility also in Brooklyn...I saw Dr. Guarnaccia and Dr. Maslow. Dr. Guarnaccia preformed my medical scan as well as my retrieval and Dr. Maslow met with me for my final follow up.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Guarnaccia is amazing. He performed my medical exam as well as my egg retrieval. He was so professional, but personable. I felt very comfortable asking questions and he was very clear with expectations. I truly felt like I was in great hands with Dr. Guarnaccia and I was. After the retrieval, I had almost no pain and the procedure went very smooth. I would highly recommend Dr. Guarnaccia to anyone considering egg retrieval. Dr. Maslow was great. I met with Dr. Maslow for my initial consultation and she reached out to follow up a few days after my procedure. It was nice to start and end with Dr. Maslow, because of the familiarity. Also, she was very clear about expectations and had no problem answering all of my questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Maslow to anyone considering egg retrieval.
Feel comfortable asking questions, because they both do a wonderful job making the patient feel comfortable and outlining clear expectations.
During my visits to Extend Fertility I saw Dr. Guarnaccia and Dr. Maslow. Dr. Guarnaccia preformed my medical scan as well as my retrieval and Dr. Maslow met with me for my final follow up. The process went very seamless and I had all of my questions answered. Dr.Guarnaccia is wonderful. I felt very comfortable under his care, especially for the actual egg retrieval. Following my procedure, I had no pain and the aftercare plan was very well communicated. I met with Dr. Maslow when I first was thinking about starting the process and she was very clear about what I should expect and answered all my questions, she also called in a few days after my retrieval to check in and answer any other questions, which really made me feel like I was in great, caring hands. I would highly recommend both doctors!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Molly Spilka, Tamar Tenenbaum)
The staff at Extend Fertility as a whole was amazing. Everyone was so caring and had no problem answering questions. The communication was great during my procedure which made me feel so much more comfortable. Tamar my fertility advisor is amazing. She made me feel much more at ease each step, because she answered all of my questions and was very caring. Molly the nurse I worked with is also amazing. She clearly and thoroughly showed me how to mix and administer my medication. She took her time in explaining and answering any questions. If it was not for her, I do not think I would have been as comfortable administering my medication.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Extend Fertility Strengths: Lovely and caring staff. Good communication. Clean and organized facility. The nurses did a great job with communicating next steps and answering follow up questions. During treatment for egg retrieval it is a lot monitoring and blood work, but Extend Fertility was efficient, so that even when I had to go to work afterwards, it was a huge stress. I only wish that they had an Extend Fertility also in Brooklyn.
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Maslow was realistic and optimistic at the same time. She explained the stats but was willing to go for it. She was concerned about my financial obligations and therefore took her recommendations seriously. She understood my wants and was excited to try... I saw [her] in person at all critical points...put me on a full stim course to try for IVF. I only produced 1 follicle so we moved to IUI because of COVID-19
Great small clinic [at Extend Fertility]! Short wait time, attentive and responsive staff. Billing explained well. I just wish there was better follow up after my cycle failed...The nursing staff is patient and kind. I wish I had had an assigned nurse for all questions...Low cost in comparison to other NY clinics!! $1700 for IUI. $11K for IVF. Affordable...All the Drs that I met were lovely
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Maslow was realistic and optimistic at the same time. She explained the stats but was willing to go for it. She was concerned about my financial obligations and therefore took her recommendations seriously. She understood my wants and was excited to try! We were derailed by COVID-19 and decided to do an IUI rather than a risky 1-2 follicle retrieval at that time. The only one disappointing this is that no one called me from the office after I called to say that the cycle failed.
She’s wonderful!
The practice is small and I saw Dr. Maslow in person at all critical points. I saw her more in one cycle that I saw my last RMA Dr in 4 cycles combined.
Dr. Maslow put me on a full stim course to try for IVF. I only produced 1 follicle so we moved to IUI because of COVID-19. We would have tried a retrieval if things weren’t so uncertain.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Great small clinic! Short wait time, attentive and responsive staff. Billing explained well. I just wish there was better follow up after my cycle failed. I will move forward with another cycle here when COVID-19 restrictions are lifter. All the Drs that I met were lovely.
Low cost in comparison to other NY clinics!! $1700 for IUI. $11K for IVF. Affordable!

2020, 15 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow was] Very pleasant and clearly explained the process and my fertility projections...I felt like my concerns were addressed and the supporting materials I was provided were very helpful...I would note that given the timing of your cycle you will be examined by other doctors within the practice, as well as the actual retrieval...Given my AMH levels Doctor Maslow tailored my fertility drugs to fit my needs...was very nice and explained my fertility in great detail. I ended up being treated by another doctor in the practice but both of them were very attentive and supportive.
The clinic [Extend Fertility] was very attentive and accommodating. I felt like my concerns were addressed and the supporting materials I was provided were very helpful...I would note that given the timing of your cycle you will be examined by other doctors within the practice, as well as the actual retrieval...All of the nurses at Extend were lovely and made me feel very comfortable. They explained everything clearly and answered all of my questions thoroughly...$5,500 for the procedure, $2,000 for the drugs and $2,400 for a 5 year storage plan
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Very pleasant and clearly explained the process and my fertility projections. The clinic was very attentive and accommodating. I felt like my concerns were addressed and the supporting materials I was provided were very helpful.
Dr Maslow was very nice and explained my fertility in great detail. I ended up being treated by another doctor in the practice but both of them were very attentive and supportive.
Given my AMH levels Doctor Maslow tailored my fertility drugs to fit my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ana Baez-Castillo)
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic was very professional and clearly outlined the process during the initial consultation. They were accommodating with appointments and the staff was lovely. The nurses and doctor were wonderful on the day of the procedure and followed up with me multiple times in the days following.

2020, 24 Eggs Frozen
Dr Klein always made me feel like a person because he constantly responded to my questions and validated my concerns...Although Dr Klein doesn't see patients often, he came whenever I asked. He answered my emails promptly and thoroughly. I felt that worked really hard in getting all my eggs, eventhough my anatomy made it difficult...Email the doctor if you want to know something. He always gets back to you.
Courtney [nurse at Extend Fertility] was great. She seemed genuinely concerned. Valerie [nurse] took the time to call me when I was not feeling well...Caring practice. Fast appointments, accessible Dr.'s and nurses, clean facility. Dr willing to listen to your concerns and modify protocol to tailor it to your individual needs. Primary doctor not always available to do retreival...Dr Klein always made me feel like a person because he constantly responded to my questions and validated my concerns.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Email the doctor if you want to know something. He always gets back to you.
My first cycle included 9 days of stimulation. I took gonal-f, menopur, cetretide and lupron trigger as well as letrezol. My second cycle differed in that I took estredoil patches prior to stimulation, I did not take letrezol and that I stimulated for 12 days
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Courtney was great. She seemed genuinely concerned. Valerie took the time to call me when I was not feeling well.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
One time storage fee for as many cycles as desired, fee for services and fee for medication.
2020, 16 Eggs Frozen
DR Joshua Klein is an exceptional doctor and incredible person. His compassion, care and knowledge is a real asset to anyone that is under his care. He took the time at each visit to explain each and every step. He encouraged me to ask questions and provided answers and clarity on all my concerns...[he] did several of my ultra sounds and ultimately my egg freezing procedure
The office [of Extend Fertility] is definitely very busy but the nurses are very kind and professional. They ensure that the wait time is short and that every patient is taken care of. They have a very good process of how they see patients to ensure that everything goes smoothly...[Dr. Klein] was incredible patient and gentle through out my process. He gave me the time of day and answered all my questions
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
DR Joshua Klein is an exceptional doctor and incredible person. His compassion, care and knowledge is a real asset to anyone that is under his care. He took the time at each visit to explain each and every step. He encouraged me to ask questions and provided answers and clarity on all my concerns. I can confidently say that he is the top fertility doctor!
Always ask questions through out the process and procedures. Knowledge will make you calm.
DR klein was incredible patient and gentle through out my process. He gave me the time of day and answered all my questions.
Dr Klein did several of my ultra sounds and ultimately my egg freezing procedure.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff were very kind and professional. Ensuring that all appointments ran smoothly.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The office is definitely very busy but the nurses are very kind and professional. They ensure that the wait time is short and that every patient is taken care of. They have a very good process of how they see patients to ensure that everything goes smoothly.

2020, 23 Eggs Frozen
Dr. G set realistic expectations so that I could plan accordingly. He told me I would get 7-14 eggs per cycle, so I knew going in that I would require two cycles. I ended up getting results that were better than expected, but I appreciated that he was straightforward. I also appreciated that he never tried to sell me egg freezing as a guarantee or insurance.
I chose Extend not only because it is less expensive than other clinics in Manhattan but also because it has a state-of-the-art lab. Thaw survival rate and embryo conversion rate are all very important for the process down the road. I hope others do their due diligence before choosing a clinic...I paid around $10,000 for both cycles minus the cost of medications.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. G is certainly respectful, but I wouldn't describe him as "warm." I personally don't expect or seek emotional support from my doctor, but he might not be the best fit for someone who needs a lot of handholding.
Dr. G was honest and responsive.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I paid around $10,000 for both cycles minus the cost of medications.
Extend

He [Dr. Klein] gave me very honest feedback and set my expectations. Other doctors wanted to run so many tests (many were invasive) to try to diagnose the problem or put me on meds (like Lupron, which I refused) to try to correct something that hadn't even been diagnosed. Dr. Klein listened to my story and focused in on the one problem that had been identified a year earlier - scarring - that we thought had been solved (two visits to Dr. Isaacson in Boston, who I still highly recommend).
Everyone [at Extend Fertility] was great . They knew my name and my case and knew what I had been through and really shared in my joy when I finally had success...Strengths are the intelligence and compassion of the doctors, the kindness and attention to detail of the staff, in-house procedures (vs. having to go to a hospital), ability to email and check results on the site.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I loved working with Josh Klein. He gave me very honest feedback and set my expectations. Other doctors wanted to run so many tests (many were invasive) to try to diagnose the problem or put me on meds (like Lupron, which I refused) to try to correct something that hadn't even been diagnosed. Dr. Klein listened to my story and focused in on the one problem that had been identified a year earlier - scarring - that we thought had been solved (two visits to Dr. Isaacson in Boston, who I still highly recommend). Before launching into other tests, he wanted to check in on that to see if it had come back. We did a hysteroscopy and he removed some scarring. My next transfer (#5!) was successful. Even with a 5.9 lining. He didn't just apply the rule book on what next but really thought about the situation and it paid off. I'm so grateful that I went to him. Also- the only reason I didn't see Josh Klein on every visit was because of restrictions related to COVID-19
Trust him! and the other doctors are great too. Dr. G did my transfer (because of COVID restrictions) and he was great!!
I briefly went to RMA NY (didn't count in my # of docs) and spent about year at Cornell. I can't stress enough about how much better the smaller clinics are. You see your doctor check-ups, you can reach out and easily reach the doctor or a nurse who knows your case, and when you walk in, you're not surrounded by a dozen other girls, waiting like cattle. The person at the front desk knows your name, and dealing with Rx's and billing is SO much easier!! Lastly but most importantly, I received customized care. At Cornell, I just went through the standard process and when it didn't work, I was told to look into surrogacy. I cannot stress enough how much better the experience is at Extend than those other larger clinics.
Hysteroscopy to diagnose and remove scarring. Letrozole and Estrogen to bulk up my lining. PIO, oral & vaginal progesterone before and after FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ana, she was the ultrasound technician, but loved her. all the nurses were great!)
Everyone was great . They knew my name and my case and knew what I had been through and really shared in my joy when I finally had success.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I was fortunate enough to have the vast majority covered by insurance (united & cigna)
never discussed multiple
Extend

Dr. G was available to answer all of my questions and anytime I needed to see/talk to him. He can be blunt/direct but that's because he is busy (the clinic was always busy every time I went in for my monitoring)...I did a zoom call before I started with Extend, saw him 2-3 times during monitoring, and he performed the surgery. I felt that was adequate "facetime" with my doctor and enough time for me to ask any questions I had
[Extend Fertility approx cost] 5500 egg retrieval after a $1000 discount, $2500-$3000 meds (but I qualified for a 50% discount through a fertility program so it actually came down to $1500), $600 yearly storage...I think the fertility advisor (the person who is your first contact to "sell" you the clinic) could have been more available to explain things in detail. She sent me a lot of information and attachments over email but didn't adequately explain everything over the phone, leaving me to research/understand on my own.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Be prepared to ask all your questions when you see him since all the doctors are busy. I did a zoom call before I started with Extend, saw him 2-3 times during monitoring, and he performed the surgery. I felt that was adequate "facetime" with my doctor and enough time for me to ask any questions I had.
Unlike some of the reviews I read here, I felt Dr. G was very friendly and available throughout the egg retrieval process.
Egg freezing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay S)
My nurse was Lindsay, she was very caring and kind. She sat down with me prior to and after egg retrieval surgery to explain everything. I felt she was very organized, communicative, and empathetic.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Describe Michael Guarnaccia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
N/A.

2020, Consult
The doctor [Dr. Michael Guarnaccia] listened to my concerns regarding a prior existing health situation and kept good contact with me and my many follow-up questions. When the pandemic hit, altering plans, he called me personally to discuss options...I have a complex medical history and felt like I was carefully listened to...
Extend Fertility has set pricing, which appears on their website. There are no hidden fees. Egg freezing is $6,500 plus the cost of meds and storage...I did a lot of shopping around for the right clinic, and the transparency of Extend Fertility couldn't be beat. I felt more confident moving forward knowing there were no stones left unturned. Their response rate is 100% and very fast.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
The doctor listened to my concerns regarding a prior existing health situation and kept good contact with me and my many follow-up questions. When the pandemic hit, altering plans, he called me personally to discuss options.
Dr. Guarnaccia and his staff are committed to making the process transparent.
I have a complex medical history and felt like I was carefully listened to.
We are hoping to start my cycle later this month, as my fertility preservation has been deemed medically necessary.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
I had many questions and they were all answered promptly.
2014 - 2020, Successful
Joshua Klein is an amazing Dr. I've used 4 Dr before i got to him. we couldn't imagine how we have ever used any other Dr. before. The patience, the clarity he always provided. He was always always there for us. there was no such a thing as not receiving a response on an email or phone call before the end of the day...- the Bedside manners of him and his whole staff are amazing...
Nurses [at Extend Fertility] are all on amazing level - each and every office visit or scan i felt as if i was their only patient -...This clinic is one i would recommend everyone to use - ive used multiple clinics before this one and i can not compare it at all to any other one. People going thru infertility have more than enough on their plate. at least they have the warmth and professionalism they deserve...the Bedside manners of him [Dr. Klein] and his whole staff are amazing
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
This Dr has an exceptional nature - the Bedside manners of him and his whole staff are amazing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Nurses there are all on amazing level - each and every office visit or scan i felt as if i was their only patient -

2020, 20 Eggs Frozen
I had a great experience with Dr. G. I appreciated that he always took the time to explain everything thoroughly, but that he was also willing to listen to my concerns...Dr. G made an adjustment to my meds based on my response and I had much better results in the cycles that followed...warm bedside manner, when I was going through a difficult time alone.
I enjoyed a lot about my experience at Extend. The facility is clean, the wait time is minimal...staff is very friendly...staff remembered me and wished me luck before each procedure. The patient portal is often updated the same or next day, but if you're very impatient (like I am!), be sure to ask your ultrasound tech and nurses when they call for specifics on things like follicle count and estradiol level.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
I had a great experience with Dr. G. I appreciated that he always took the time to explain everything thoroughly, but that he was also willing to listen to my concerns and make adjustments when necessary.
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions, especially if this is your first time going through the process. Also your first cycle may not yield the results you hoped for, but in my case Dr. G made an adjustment to my meds based on my response and I had much better results in the cycles that followed.
Dr. G always took the time to answer my questions and make sure I felt comfortable and informed. I appreciated his warm bedside manner, when I was going through a difficult time alone.
In my first two cycles, I started with an estrogen patch. In my first cycle, I did 375 units of follistim and 150 iu of menopur before switching to 450 units of follistim and 150 iu of menopur after the second monitoring appointment. I injected for 10 days but the cycle got canceled due to poor response. After that, I did a microdose lupron protocol with 10 units of microdose lupron in the morning and evening, 450 units of follistim in the morning, and 150 iu of menopur in the evening. The second cycle, 3 eggs were retrieved and frozen. I did the next two cycles back-to-back without doing the estrogen patch. The third cycle, I retrieved 11 eggs and froze 9. The fourth cycle, I retrieved 13 eggs and froze 8.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff was wonderful. They took the time to answer all my questions, and were there to talk me through any potential concerns.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I enjoyed a lot about my experience at Extend. The facility is clean, the wait time is minimal (I was often in and out in ten minutes), and the staff is very friendly. I did four cycles, and the staff remembered me and wished me luck before each procedure. The patient portal is often updated the same or next day, but if you're very impatient (like I am!), be sure to ask your ultrasound tech and nurses when they call for specifics on things like follicle count and estradiol level.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I had a great experience with my monitoring appointments. I was in an and out quickly, but I never felt like just another numbers. The staff was very friendly. Ana is especially wonderful!
I believe the cost of four cycles was around $20,000 with the medicine being an additional $20,000.
2020, 20 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Maslow is very knowledgable and has alot of experience in the egg freezing process. She made me feel very secure, and like I am in good hands, when it came to the egg retrieval procedure. She had an amazing bedside manner, and was very caring and made sure I understood everything, and felt comfortable after the retrieval...
They were very knowledgable about the egg freezing procedure, and all the bells and whistles involved in it. The [Extend Fertility] nurses that take your blood test and ultrasound techs were phenomenal...The cost for one cycle of egg freezing was approx. $6,500, and then another approx. $3,000 to the pharmacy for medications...
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I would advise to feel free to ask as many questions as you need, to get all of the information you desire to feel at ease with the procedure, because Dr. Maslow is very knowledgable and will definitely answer your questions.
Dr. Maslow and all the staff really went above and beyond to be patient with me, to answer all of my questions, and so to say - to hold my hand through the whole process.
She monitored my blood tests and ultrasound results during the egg freezing cycle, to see my estrogen levels and the development of the follicles in my ovaries. Based on this information, she adjusted the amount of medications I need prior to the egg retrieval, in order to achieve the best result - which I believe is a good result (20 mature eggs frozen).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff was absolutely amazing - and I mean that. They were very knowledgable about the egg freezing procedure, and all the bells and whistles involved in it. The nurses that take your blood test and ultrasound techs were phenomenal!! (there are alot of blood tests involved in this procedure). The egg retrieval nurse made me feel at ease and answered all of my questions. Just wonderful staff!!
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I think this clinic is a well oiled machine when it comes to egg freezing, and probably other fertility procedures as well. Not only is everyone super experienced and knows exactly what they are doing, but every single person was so compassionate and patient with me, and accommodated my sometimes changing schedule. This is the type of clinic where you feel fully confident entrusting the staff and doctors with your fertility and medical care. Highly recommend - and really no complaints!

2020, 15 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Maslow listens. She is patient and supportive...I felt at ease and supported, no matter what question I asked. I was so happy with the number of eggs retrieved...the drugs I used for oocyte cryopreservation were 1 Gonal-F RFF 300 IU for ten days, 2 vials of Menopur 150 IU for ten days, 1 box of Cetrotide 0.25 mg 0.25 mg for four days, 3 tablets of Letrozole 2.5 mg for ten days, and 1 Lupron Trigger 80 units once
I had a great experience with Extend Fertility. I had a team working with me. I look forward to resuming our partnership when I contact them in the future. I felt at ease and supported, no matter what question I asked. I was so happy with the number of eggs retrieved...[finance dept] was great helping me understand the billing process of egg storage.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I had a great experience. I look forward to resuming our partnership when I contact you in the future. I felt at ease and supported, no matter what question I asked. I was so happy with the number of eggs retrieved. Thank you Dr. Maslow.
Have your questions ready.
Dr. Maslow listens. She is patient and supportive.
I had one cycle. I remember the drugs I used for oocyte cryopreservation were 1 Gonal-F RFF 300 IU for ten days, 2 vials of Menopur 150 IU for ten days, 1 box of Cetrotide 0.25 mg 0.25 mg for four days, 3 tablets of Letrozole 2.5 mg for ten days, and 1 Lupron Trigger 80 units once. I received Follicular Ultrasounds, Progesterone, E2 tests five times and, LH testing once.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Claudia Jablonski)
Claudia Jablonski was a very helpful advisor. Nurses Lindsey Surette and Stephanie Koton provided clear instructions on what injections to self-administer and for how many days.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I had a great experience with Extend Fertility. I had a team working with me. I look forward to resuming our partnership when I contact them in the future. I felt at ease and supported, no matter what question I asked. I was so happy with the number of eggs retrieved. Thank you Dr. Maslow and Dr. Klein.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I had convenient scheduled appointments.
My costs were covered by my health insurance and grants. I had a one cycle of treatment and a 10 year storage plan. Some of the prescriptions had a copay. Linda Chen was great helping me understand the billing process of egg storage.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Joshua Klein] is smart, candid, caring and a good Doctor. He listens to your concerns and will tell you all of your options. He wants to make sure that you are successful. I recommend him to any couple looking for options to extend their fertility and have children...Personal attention...Make sure you are thorough in your goals.
Everyone [at Extend Fertility] is great. I think it’s a little hard to reach the finance office. Staff and nurses are great. Make sure to learn how to coordinate with your pharmacy and nurses ahead of time to maximize a good implementation plan...They are great at working with you and your schedule...He is smart, candid, caring and a good Doctor. He listens to your concerns and will tell you all of your options.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
He is smart, candid, caring and a good Doctor. He listens to your concerns and will tell you all of your options. He wants to make sure that you are successful. I recommend him to any couple looking for options to extend their fertility and have children.
Make sure you are thorough in your goals.
He is awesome. Personal attention
IUI, IVF and egg retrieval. In my 30’s I froze my eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
Everyone is great
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Everyone is great. I think it’s a little hard to reach the finance office. Staff and nurses are great. Make sure to learn how to coordinate with your pharmacy and nurses ahead of time to maximize a good implementation plan.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
They are great at working with you and your schedule.
Insurance covered some and I self paid some
No comments

2017 - 2019, Successful
Investment Banker
In 2017, I went through 2 egg freezing cycles [with Extend Fertility] which I had a total of 16 eggs frozen. In 2019, I started the IUI process. After 4 failed IUI attempts we decided to try for IVF cycle. My body didn’t take to the IVF medication so we fertilized my frozen eggs. 5 embryos were created using ICSI and then PGS tested. We transferred one which didn’t result in a pregnancy. I tried another round of IVF which this time my body took to the medications. Dr. Klein retrieved 10 eggs and 5 embryos were created using ICSI. I did not get PGS testing done. He transferred 2 and now I’m pregnant with twins.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is a great communicator. As I mentioned before, it’s necessary to provide the patient with statistics; however, he never left me without hope. I had my frozen eggs fertilized and it resulted in 5 embryos. I sent it out for PGS testing with 4 coming back abnormal and 1 inconclusive. He was willing to transfer the inconclusive as that is what I wanted- which did not lead to pregnancy. I then went through an IVF cycle and he was able to retrieve 10 eggs. Again, we had 5 embryos. This time I did not want to have PGS testing done- which Dr. Klein respected. He transferred two and now I’m pregnant with twins!
Have your questions ready because Dr. Klein is very thorough and ready to answer any questions.
Where do I start? It's been such a long journey for me. It started off in 2017 when I went through two rounds of egg freezing cycles at Extend. In 2019, I became an Expect Fertility client, as I was ready to begin my road to motherhood. Through it all, Dr. Klein has been extremely patient with my numerous questions. He has the best bedside manners and always thoughtful as he explains everything that he's doing. I'm a very detail oriented person and he was great with providing information without my having to ask. He's also very open minded to hear about my findings on the internet and discuss the subject matter. I never felt like he was condescending and he never scoffed at what I had to say. He truly listens to his patients. And he always had hope. I understand that in this industry, the doctor has to be data and statistics driven. As a patient, it's always nice when after given all of the ratios and numbers (which is a huge dream zapper), the doctor ends it with- it only takes one! It allowed me to keep the faith and stay optimistic.
In 2017, I went through 2 egg freezing cycles which I had a total of 16 eggs frozen. In 2019, I started the IUI process. After 4 failed IUI attempts we decided to try for IVF cycle. My body didn’t take to the IVF medication so we fertilized my frozen eggs. 5 embryos were created using ICSI and then PGS tested. We transferred one which didn’t result in a pregnancy. I tried another round of IVF which this time my body took to the medications. Dr. Klein retrieved 10 eggs and 5 embryos were created using ICSI. I did not get PGS testing done. He transferred 2 and now I’m pregnant with twins.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Molly, Stephanie and Valerie. They had the most patience with me. I had SO many questions. They never seem exasperated with me. They made me feel like all of my questions and concerns were valid to them. When I had a situation happen- Valerie was calm while I was frantic. She said that she would call me in 30 minutes to check on my symptoms- and she called in exactly 30 min. She followed up a couple of more times afterwards. She truly cared.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The staff truly cares and treats you like a human. They call you by name and will cheer you on. If you get there first thing in the morning for monitoring, it’s easy to get in and out. It tends to get more crowded later in the morning.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
Early mornings when they first open would result in less patients in the waiting room. They would be more women as it got later in the morning. Though, even with a lot of women waiting- the staff were very efficient. They would get your blood work and shortly after you would have your ultrasound.
I remember $5k for 2 egg freezing cycles (doesn’t include medications). I can’t remember IUI or IVF.
What specific things went wrong at Extend Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
Didn’t realize that I had to get a notarized consent from my partner for my first IUI.