9.7

Selling medication is not offered
Selling medication is not offered

200 West 57th Street
212-810-2828

He [Dr. Klein] gave me very honest feedback and set my expectations. Other doctors wanted to run so many tests (many were invasive) to try to diagnose the problem or put me on meds (like Lupron, which I refused) to try to correct something that hadn't even been diagnosed. Dr. Klein listened to my story and focused in on the one problem that had been identified a year earlier - scarring - that we thought had been solved (two visits to Dr. Isaacson in Boston, who I still highly recommend).
Everyone [at Extend Fertility] was great . They knew my name and my case and knew what I had been through and really shared in my joy when I finally had success...Strengths are the intelligence and compassion of the doctors, the kindness and attention to detail of the staff, in-house procedures (vs. having to go to a hospital), ability to email and check results on the site.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I loved working with Josh Klein. He gave me very honest feedback and set my expectations. Other doctors wanted to run so many tests (many were invasive) to try to diagnose the problem or put me on meds (like Lupron, which I refused) to try to correct something that hadn't even been diagnosed. Dr. Klein listened to my story and focused in on the one problem that had been identified a year earlier - scarring - that we thought had been solved (two visits to Dr. Isaacson in Boston, who I still highly recommend). Before launching into other tests, he wanted to check in on that to see if it had come back. We did a hysteroscopy and he removed some scarring. My next transfer (#5!) was successful. Even with a 5.9 lining. He didn't just apply the rule book on what next but really thought about the situation and it paid off. I'm so grateful that I went to him. Also- the only reason I didn't see Josh Klein on every visit was because of restrictions related to COVID-19
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Trust him! and the other doctors are great too. Dr. G did my transfer (because of COVID restrictions) and he was great!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I briefly went to RMA NY (didn't count in my # of docs) and spent about year at Cornell. I can't stress enough about how much better the smaller clinics are. You see your doctor check-ups, you can reach out and easily reach the doctor or a nurse who knows your case, and when you walk in, you're not surrounded by a dozen other girls, waiting like cattle. The person at the front desk knows your name, and dealing with Rx's and billing is SO much easier!! Lastly but most importantly, I received customized care. At Cornell, I just went through the standard process and when it didn't work, I was told to look into surrogacy. I cannot stress enough how much better the experience is at Extend than those other larger clinics.
Describe the protocols Joshua Klein used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
Hysteroscopy to diagnose and remove scarring. Letrozole and Estrogen to bulk up my lining. PIO, oral & vaginal progesterone before and after FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ana, she was the ultrasound technician, but loved her. all the nurses were great!)
Everyone was great . They knew my name and my case and knew what I had been through and really shared in my joy when I finally had success.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility.
I was fortunate enough to have the vast majority covered by insurance (united & cigna)
Describe Joshua Klein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
never discussed multiple
Extend

Dr. G was available to answer all of my questions and anytime I needed to see/talk to him. He can be blunt/direct but that's because he is busy (the clinic was always busy every time I went in for my monitoring)...I did a zoom call before I started with Extend, saw him 2-3 times during monitoring, and he performed the surgery. I felt that was adequate "facetime" with my doctor and enough time for me to ask any questions I had
[Extend Fertility approx cost] 5500 egg retrieval after a $1000 discount, $2500-$3000 meds (but I qualified for a 50% discount through a fertility program so it actually came down to $1500), $600 yearly storage...I think the fertility advisor (the person who is your first contact to "sell" you the clinic) could have been more available to explain things in detail. She sent me a lot of information and attachments over email but didn't adequately explain everything over the phone, leaving me to research/understand on my own.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Be prepared to ask all your questions when you see him since all the doctors are busy. I did a zoom call before I started with Extend, saw him 2-3 times during monitoring, and he performed the surgery. I felt that was adequate "facetime" with my doctor and enough time for me to ask any questions I had.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Unlike some of the reviews I read here, I felt Dr. G was very friendly and available throughout the egg retrieval process.
Describe the protocols Michael Guarnaccia used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
Egg freezing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lindsay S)
My nurse was Lindsay, she was very caring and kind. She sat down with me prior to and after egg retrieval surgery to explain everything. I felt she was very organized, communicative, and empathetic.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility.
Describe Michael Guarnaccia's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
N/A.

2020, Consult
The doctor [Dr. Michael Guarnaccia] listened to my concerns regarding a prior existing health situation and kept good contact with me and my many follow-up questions. When the pandemic hit, altering plans, he called me personally to discuss options...I have a complex medical history and felt like I was carefully listened to...
Extend Fertility has set pricing, which appears on their website. There are no hidden fees. Egg freezing is $6,500 plus the cost of meds and storage...I did a lot of shopping around for the right clinic, and the transparency of Extend Fertility couldn't be beat. I felt more confident moving forward knowing there were no stones left unturned. Their response rate is 100% and very fast.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
The doctor listened to my concerns regarding a prior existing health situation and kept good contact with me and my many follow-up questions. When the pandemic hit, altering plans, he called me personally to discuss options.
Dr. Guarnaccia and his staff are committed to making the process transparent.
I have a complex medical history and felt like I was carefully listened to.
We are hoping to start my cycle later this month, as my fertility preservation has been deemed medically necessary.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
I had many questions and they were all answered promptly.
2014 - 2020, Successful
Joshua Klein is an amazing Dr. I've used 4 Dr before i got to him. we couldn't imagine how we have ever used any other Dr. before. The patience, the clarity he always provided. He was always always there for us. there was no such a thing as not receiving a response on an email or phone call before the end of the day...- the Bedside manners of him and his whole staff are amazing...
Nurses [at Extend Fertility] are all on amazing level - each and every office visit or scan i felt as if i was their only patient -...This clinic is one i would recommend everyone to use - ive used multiple clinics before this one and i can not compare it at all to any other one. People going thru infertility have more than enough on their plate. at least they have the warmth and professionalism they deserve...the Bedside manners of him [Dr. Klein] and his whole staff are amazing
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
This Dr has an exceptional nature - the Bedside manners of him and his whole staff are amazing
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Nurses there are all on amazing level - each and every office visit or scan i felt as if i was their only patient -

2020, 20 Eggs Frozen
I had a great experience with Dr. G. I appreciated that he always took the time to explain everything thoroughly, but that he was also willing to listen to my concerns...Dr. G made an adjustment to my meds based on my response and I had much better results in the cycles that followed...warm bedside manner, when I was going through a difficult time alone.
I enjoyed a lot about my experience at Extend. The facility is clean, the wait time is minimal...staff is very friendly...staff remembered me and wished me luck before each procedure. The patient portal is often updated the same or next day, but if you're very impatient (like I am!), be sure to ask your ultrasound tech and nurses when they call for specifics on things like follicle count and estradiol level.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
I had a great experience with Dr. G. I appreciated that he always took the time to explain everything thoroughly, but that he was also willing to listen to my concerns and make adjustments when necessary.
Don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions, especially if this is your first time going through the process. Also your first cycle may not yield the results you hoped for, but in my case Dr. G made an adjustment to my meds based on my response and I had much better results in the cycles that followed.
Dr. G always took the time to answer my questions and make sure I felt comfortable and informed. I appreciated his warm bedside manner, when I was going through a difficult time alone.
In my first two cycles, I started with an estrogen patch. In my first cycle, I did 375 units of follistim and 150 iu of menopur before switching to 450 units of follistim and 150 iu of menopur after the second monitoring appointment. I injected for 10 days but the cycle got canceled due to poor response. After that, I did a microdose lupron protocol with 10 units of microdose lupron in the morning and evening, 450 units of follistim in the morning, and 150 iu of menopur in the evening. The second cycle, 3 eggs were retrieved and frozen. I did the next two cycles back-to-back without doing the estrogen patch. The third cycle, I retrieved 11 eggs and froze 9. The fourth cycle, I retrieved 13 eggs and froze 8.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff was wonderful. They took the time to answer all my questions, and were there to talk me through any potential concerns.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I enjoyed a lot about my experience at Extend. The facility is clean, the wait time is minimal (I was often in and out in ten minutes), and the staff is very friendly. I did four cycles, and the staff remembered me and wished me luck before each procedure. The patient portal is often updated the same or next day, but if you're very impatient (like I am!), be sure to ask your ultrasound tech and nurses when they call for specifics on things like follicle count and estradiol level.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I had a great experience with my monitoring appointments. I was in an and out quickly, but I never felt like just another numbers. The staff was very friendly. Ana is especially wonderful!
I believe the cost of four cycles was around $20,000 with the medicine being an additional $20,000.
2020, 20 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Maslow is very knowledgable and has alot of experience in the egg freezing process. She made me feel very secure, and like I am in good hands, when it came to the egg retrieval procedure. She had an amazing bedside manner, and was very caring and made sure I understood everything, and felt comfortable after the retrieval...
They were very knowledgable about the egg freezing procedure, and all the bells and whistles involved in it. The [Extend Fertility] nurses that take your blood test and ultrasound techs were phenomenal...The cost for one cycle of egg freezing was approx. $6,500, and then another approx. $3,000 to the pharmacy for medications...
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I would advise to feel free to ask as many questions as you need, to get all of the information you desire to feel at ease with the procedure, because Dr. Maslow is very knowledgable and will definitely answer your questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Maslow and all the staff really went above and beyond to be patient with me, to answer all of my questions, and so to say - to hold my hand through the whole process.
Describe the protocols Bat-Sheva Maslow used in your cycles at Extend Fertility and their degree of success.
She monitored my blood tests and ultrasound results during the egg freezing cycle, to see my estrogen levels and the development of the follicles in my ovaries. Based on this information, she adjusted the amount of medications I need prior to the egg retrieval, in order to achieve the best result - which I believe is a good result (20 mature eggs frozen).
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff was absolutely amazing - and I mean that. They were very knowledgable about the egg freezing procedure, and all the bells and whistles involved in it. The nurses that take your blood test and ultrasound techs were phenomenal!! (there are alot of blood tests involved in this procedure). The egg retrieval nurse made me feel at ease and answered all of my questions. Just wonderful staff!!
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I think this clinic is a well oiled machine when it comes to egg freezing, and probably other fertility procedures as well. Not only is everyone super experienced and knows exactly what they are doing, but every single person was so compassionate and patient with me, and accommodated my sometimes changing schedule. This is the type of clinic where you feel fully confident entrusting the staff and doctors with your fertility and medical care. Highly recommend - and really no complaints!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility.

2020, 15 Eggs Frozen
1 Egg Freezing (cancer)
Cancer
Dr. Maslow listens. She is patient and supportive...I felt at ease and supported, no matter what question I asked. I was so happy with the number of eggs retrieved...the drugs I used for oocyte cryopreservation were 1 Gonal-F RFF 300 IU for ten days, 2 vials of Menopur 150 IU for ten days, 1 box of Cetrotide 0.25 mg 0.25 mg for four days, 3 tablets of Letrozole 2.5 mg for ten days, and 1 Lupron Trigger 80 units once
I had a great experience with Extend Fertility. I had a team working with me. I look forward to resuming our partnership when I contact them in the future. I felt at ease and supported, no matter what question I asked. I was so happy with the number of eggs retrieved...[finance dept] was great helping me understand the billing process of egg storage.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I had a great experience. I look forward to resuming our partnership when I contact you in the future. I felt at ease and supported, no matter what question I asked. I was so happy with the number of eggs retrieved. Thank you Dr. Maslow.
Have your questions ready.
Dr. Maslow listens. She is patient and supportive.
I had one cycle. I remember the drugs I used for oocyte cryopreservation were 1 Gonal-F RFF 300 IU for ten days, 2 vials of Menopur 150 IU for ten days, 1 box of Cetrotide 0.25 mg 0.25 mg for four days, 3 tablets of Letrozole 2.5 mg for ten days, and 1 Lupron Trigger 80 units once. I received Follicular Ultrasounds, Progesterone, E2 tests five times and, LH testing once.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Claudia Jablonski)
Claudia Jablonski was a very helpful advisor. Nurses Lindsey Surette and Stephanie Koton provided clear instructions on what injections to self-administer and for how many days.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I had a great experience with Extend Fertility. I had a team working with me. I look forward to resuming our partnership when I contact them in the future. I felt at ease and supported, no matter what question I asked. I was so happy with the number of eggs retrieved. Thank you Dr. Maslow and Dr. Klein.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I had convenient scheduled appointments.
My costs were covered by my health insurance and grants. I had a one cycle of treatment and a 10 year storage plan. Some of the prescriptions had a copay. Linda Chen was great helping me understand the billing process of egg storage.
2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Joshua Klein] is smart, candid, caring and a good Doctor. He listens to your concerns and will tell you all of your options. He wants to make sure that you are successful. I recommend him to any couple looking for options to extend their fertility and have children...Personal attention...Make sure you are thorough in your goals.
Everyone [at Extend Fertility] is great. I think it’s a little hard to reach the finance office. Staff and nurses are great. Make sure to learn how to coordinate with your pharmacy and nurses ahead of time to maximize a good implementation plan...They are great at working with you and your schedule...He is smart, candid, caring and a good Doctor. He listens to your concerns and will tell you all of your options.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
He is smart, candid, caring and a good Doctor. He listens to your concerns and will tell you all of your options. He wants to make sure that you are successful. I recommend him to any couple looking for options to extend their fertility and have children.
Make sure you are thorough in your goals.
He is awesome. Personal attention
IUI, IVF and egg retrieval. In my 30’s I froze my eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
Everyone is great
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Everyone is great. I think it’s a little hard to reach the finance office. Staff and nurses are great. Make sure to learn how to coordinate with your pharmacy and nurses ahead of time to maximize a good implementation plan.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
They are great at working with you and your schedule.
Insurance covered some and I self paid some
No comments

2017 - 2019, Successful
Investment Banker
In 2017, I went through 2 egg freezing cycles [with Extend Fertility] which I had a total of 16 eggs frozen. In 2019, I started the IUI process. After 4 failed IUI attempts we decided to try for IVF cycle. My body didn’t take to the IVF medication so we fertilized my frozen eggs. 5 embryos were created using ICSI and then PGS tested. We transferred one which didn’t result in a pregnancy. I tried another round of IVF which this time my body took to the medications. Dr. Klein retrieved 10 eggs and 5 embryos were created using ICSI. I did not get PGS testing done. He transferred 2 and now I’m pregnant with twins.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is a great communicator. As I mentioned before, it’s necessary to provide the patient with statistics; however, he never left me without hope. I had my frozen eggs fertilized and it resulted in 5 embryos. I sent it out for PGS testing with 4 coming back abnormal and 1 inconclusive. He was willing to transfer the inconclusive as that is what I wanted- which did not lead to pregnancy. I then went through an IVF cycle and he was able to retrieve 10 eggs. Again, we had 5 embryos. This time I did not want to have PGS testing done- which Dr. Klein respected. He transferred two and now I’m pregnant with twins!
Have your questions ready because Dr. Klein is very thorough and ready to answer any questions.
Where do I start? It's been such a long journey for me. It started off in 2017 when I went through two rounds of egg freezing cycles at Extend. In 2019, I became an Expect Fertility client, as I was ready to begin my road to motherhood. Through it all, Dr. Klein has been extremely patient with my numerous questions. He has the best bedside manners and always thoughtful as he explains everything that he's doing. I'm a very detail oriented person and he was great with providing information without my having to ask. He's also very open minded to hear about my findings on the internet and discuss the subject matter. I never felt like he was condescending and he never scoffed at what I had to say. He truly listens to his patients. And he always had hope. I understand that in this industry, the doctor has to be data and statistics driven. As a patient, it's always nice when after given all of the ratios and numbers (which is a huge dream zapper), the doctor ends it with- it only takes one! It allowed me to keep the faith and stay optimistic.
In 2017, I went through 2 egg freezing cycles which I had a total of 16 eggs frozen. In 2019, I started the IUI process. After 4 failed IUI attempts we decided to try for IVF cycle. My body didn’t take to the IVF medication so we fertilized my frozen eggs. 5 embryos were created using ICSI and then PGS tested. We transferred one which didn’t result in a pregnancy. I tried another round of IVF which this time my body took to the medications. Dr. Klein retrieved 10 eggs and 5 embryos were created using ICSI. I did not get PGS testing done. He transferred 2 and now I’m pregnant with twins.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
Molly, Stephanie and Valerie. They had the most patience with me. I had SO many questions. They never seem exasperated with me. They made me feel like all of my questions and concerns were valid to them. When I had a situation happen- Valerie was calm while I was frantic. She said that she would call me in 30 minutes to check on my symptoms- and she called in exactly 30 min. She followed up a couple of more times afterwards. She truly cared.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The staff truly cares and treats you like a human. They call you by name and will cheer you on. If you get there first thing in the morning for monitoring, it’s easy to get in and out. It tends to get more crowded later in the morning.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
Early mornings when they first open would result in less patients in the waiting room. They would be more women as it got later in the morning. Though, even with a lot of women waiting- the staff were very efficient. They would get your blood work and shortly after you would have your ultrasound.
I remember $5k for 2 egg freezing cycles (doesn’t include medications). I can’t remember IUI or IVF.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
Didn’t realize that I had to get a notarized consent from my partner for my first IUI.

How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
I explained at the outset of my first consultation that I'm not the average patient, given my conditions, but Dr. Guarnaccia launched into the general statistics for egg freezing/fertility by age, the relevance of AMH, potential side effects--the standard dog and pony show (Extend was not the first clinic I visited--I also went to NYU, but the doctor there acknowledged me and handed me a packet and told me to schedule an appointment). My experience with Dr. Guarnaccia wasn't negative--he was nice and friendly, but the treatment felt rote, and his medication recommendations were very standard combinations of medications for me that had also been recommended to other women at the follow-up experience where you're taught how to inject yourself. I had specifically asked if he'd be willing to consult my endocrinologist and rheumatologist and my pain management doctor who manages my MCAS diagnosis, and he demurred. It's such an enormous investment of time, money, physical pain, psychological pain (I'm terrified of blood draws) that I wasn't satisfied I'd get the tailored treatment a patient like me probably needs, which was disappointing.
If you're young and healthy, he'd likely be a good choice for you. I think I'd heard he's not known for his bedside manner, but I found him to be likeable enough. I actually cared less about those metrics and much more about my doctor's commitment to tailoring my care/medications to fit my needs, and I didn't have enough confidence that my concerns about that were being heard.
I was and am an extremely informed patient wanting to pursue egg freezing at the time, but concerned because of my medical history, which includes autoimmune issues. I had been led to expect that I would get tailored information during the consultation and afterwards, and during my appointments for bloodwork which would be tailored to my conditions, and could help decide whether egg freezing would be right for me, which medications might work, which ones might cause flare-ups, etc. What I got from the doctor was instead a very rote, paint-by-numbers list of statistics and charts of what to expect success-wise by age and AMH, with no accounting for other factors. I expected doctors to meet me where I am, as a person and a patient with co-morbidities, but instead this made me feel like I was a potential customer being offered standard packages.
I have them written down somewhere, but I don't have access to them at the moment--basically, Extend has four medication packages they offer in conjunction with the pharmacies they partner with, with varying strengths/dosages of medications. On a scale of 1 (being the least intense) and 5 being the most intense, he recommended dosages of Gonal-F and Menopur (I believe) at the 4 level/amount/dosage. I wish I could be more specific.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kezia Onel)
Kezia was, I believe, my overall coordinator, but my questions were about my current autoimmune medications and conditions (thyroid levels, other medications I was/am on, etc), so I was referred to a nurse, Stephanie. She didn't really have any answers for me--which wasn't entirely unexpected, as she wasn't a rheumatologist or endocrinologist, which is why I was really hoping that my doctor would consult with my other doctors to provide the right course of treatment for me. But otherwise my nurse and care coordinator were very personable and friendly.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Extend Fertility had a very calm, soothing atmosphere, patient privacy seemed paramount, and it didn't feel like a clinical environment. Those are the positives. The negatives are that they don't--or didn't, in my case--seem to offer any flexibility in terms of caring for patients with co-morbidities that may affect egg retrieval cycles. What they offer are packages (dosages of medications and treatment schedules)--and my sense was that they fit the patient to the package, not the package to the patient, which someone like me needs. If you have thyroid issues, rheumatology issues, MCAS, a condition like Ehlers Danlos, or really just any medical issue that requires you to take medication(s) that affect your endocrine system, or if you receive more specialist care than you do from your GP, Extend Fertility may not be the right place for you.
At the time, with a promotion, a single egg freezing cycle was $5500, not including medications. My medications (the ones/dosages recommended to me) were in the $4500 range. So, about $10,000. I believe the costs now are about $12,000.
I was not enquiring about IVF at the time so this was not applicable to me.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
I sent in all of my labwork from other clinics and my personal specialists, and there were major inconsistencies in my bloodwork done at Extend vs. not only my regular endocrinologist, but also at Cornell and NYU. My Day 1, 2, and 3 results were wildly inconsistent with other labs; for example, my AMH was 2/3 lower than each of the other labs (Sunrise as well as Cornell and NYU's labs). My E2, FSH, and LH were also wildly different at Extend's lab vs. the other labs, which were in the same general range, and the Extend Lab values made me seem less likely to succeed with one cycle only. I asked about this, but got a general answer that "lab results differ." It seemed an odd coincidence, though.
Extend

He [Dr. Klein] was very knowledgeable and intelligent, and inspired confidence in his decisions. While this approach may not be comforting to everyone, I appreciated his analytical perspective and focus on the data and statistics. I like information and expertise, and I never felt as if I was lacking in either of those during the course of my treatment.... I only have one embryo to transfer, but he said he did not like to risk losing multiple embryos in one shot, along with the risk of multiples.
Because much of this new practice is still entwined with the egg freezing practice (Extend), there is a high volume of patients, but Dr. Klein and his team ensured that there was a personal quality to visits and treatment.... It's busy, and I did feel like I had to follow up with certain aspects of treatment (e.g., making sure the pharmacy had my medication orders, etc.). I think this may have been because I began my cycle on a holiday, however.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
He was very knowledgeable and intelligent, and inspired confidence in his decisions. While this approach may not be comforting to everyone, I appreciated his analytical perspective and focus on the data and statistics. I like information and expertise, and I never felt as if I was lacking in either of those during the course of my treatment.
Expect to see a wide variety of doctors and nurses in the course of your treatment.
IVF -- Menopur & Follistim.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
They were very warm and made sure to follow up every day.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
They are about half as much as other clinics, and they are also very clear in advance. I previously did IUI cycles at another clinic and they ended up costing about three times what I was told to expect. There were no surprises with Expect.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
I started the day after New Year's Day, so the pharmacy did not have my order, and they also kept thinking that labs that I had previously submitted were missing. It is early stages for this branch of the clinic.

2019, 11 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Guarnaccia] was always kind and honest during my scans and egg retrieval procedures. As a 40 year old woman with only 1 ovary I had to be realistic about my situation. I really appreciated that though it would be a longer road I was always told that there was still hope...There were many times where my body was not responding to the course of treatment and instead of pressing me to go forward he would always give me the choice of wether I wanted to continue going forward knowing that the chances of an optimal result were low or to stop for this cycle and then try again next cycle. It made me feel good knowing he was more concerned with the result as opposed to just completing the cycle.
The nursing staff at the clinic is wonderful. I've been going to Extend for 2 years. The only negative thing I have to say is that as they grow in popularity and become a lot busier small details fall through the cracks a bit in terms of being able to ask follow up questions and phone calls...their monitoring hours were perfect because they started at 7am which allowed me to go before work. This was important for me so that I did not have to explain anything to my workplac
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. G was alway honest and realistic during my treatment. There were many times where my body was not responding to the course of treatment and instead of pressing me to go forward he would always give me the choice of wether I wanted to continue going forward knowing that the chances of an optimal result were low or to stop for this cycle and then try again next cycle. It made me feel good knowing he was more concerned with the result as opposed to just completing the cycle.
My work schedule forced me to come into the clinic very early when they opened at 7am and sometimes I would miss having him scan me. If its important to you to be always seen by the doctor I recommend coming in a little later (8am)
Dr G was always kind and honest during my scans and egg retrieval procedures. As a 40 year old woman with only 1 ovary I had to be realistic about my situation. I really appreciated that though it would be a longer road I was always told that there was still hope.
A year prior I had to have my right ovary removed due to a dermoid cyst. Due to my age I had a diminished ovarian reserve and had to take the maximum amount of hormones to see good results. For my first cycle we did a Follistim and Menopur protocol. But my body didn't respond and the cycle had to be cancelled early on. I did an estrogen patch for the days leading up to day 1 of my cycle and then. Then the next two successful cycles I did a micro-flare protocol where I took Follistim (once a day), Menopur (twice a day) and Lupron. (twice a day) and a Pregnyl trigger. For my third and most successful cycle I took Follistim and Menopur once a day and then also Ganarelyx for about 5 days towards the end of my cycle and was triggered with Pregnyl. Please keep in mind that in order to even do the 3 full cycles and retrievals I had about 3 cancelled cycles.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is in a great location in midtown near a lot of train lines. The staff is very friendly and know what they are doing. I always felt that I was in good hands (which is important when you have to get blood drawn every other day!) The hours are great for people like myself who have to start work early (I would normally go there for 7am for my monitoring appointments). The only weakness I would say is that as they grow in popularity the waiting area can get a little cramped
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
their monitoring hours were perfect because they started at 7am which allowed me to go before work. This was important for me so that I did not have to explain anything to my workplace
The costs to consider were the medications, the procedure fees and the storage fees.

2018 - 2019, 49 Eggs Frozen
I had a short agonist protocol which was closely monitored and had frequent dose adaptions [by Dr. Maslow] and an lupron trigger. The retrieval date was determined based on the monitoring. She did everything to ensure a good numebr and quality of eggs and the results with her were excellent and a lot better than in my previous treatments. She was able to retrieve a large number of eggs, almost all of them were mature.
Cara [nurse at Extend Fertility] was very helpful and well organized. She was always up to date with what was going on with my case and she took care of all issue...[Monitoring appointments are] Very well organized, quick and efficient. Staff is well trained and very kind and respectful... the set up is designed to improve the results. The monitoring is not just for safety but to optimize for the chances of a good outcome. They usually don't schedule the cycle but start based on the natural cycle which improves chances, also the retrieval date is based on the monitoring and therefore flexible, this increases the chance for an optimal result.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
She answered all of my questions, I asked about many issues concerning my case as well as research and upcoming treatments. She was very understanding, knowledgeable and accommodating. I felt very safe with her regarding my treatment and that she did everything to improve my outcome.
Ask all questions you have and let her know your wishes, she solved a lot of issues that I thought could not be changed.
She was very warm and understanding, I felt like she cared a lot about me and my outcome. I felt like I can trust her and she found the best treatment for me while answering my questions.
I had a short agonist protocol which was closely monitored and had frequent dose adaptions and an lupron trigger. The retrieval date was determined based on the monitoring. She did everything to ensure a good numebr and quality of eggs and the results with her were excellent and a lot better than in my previous treatments. She was able to retrieve a large number of eggs, almost all of them were mature. On my request the MIs were also frozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cara)
Cara was very helpful and well organized. She was always up to date with what was going on with my case and she took care of all issue. I often had special requests which she took care of very competently. I felt like I can depend on her. At one point I was traveling and needed help urgently, I emailed her about the issue, she called me within seconds and solved my problem right away.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The clinic is very well organized and the set up is designed to improve the results. The monitoring is not just for safety but to optimize for the chances of a good outcome. They usually don't schedule the cycle but start based on the natural cycle which improves chances, also the retrieval date is based on the monitoring and therefore flexible, this increases the chance for an optimal result. I had both retrievals on weekend days, many clinics don't do that. I believe their method is responsible for the great results I had.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I had one fee that paid for the whole cycle, I thought it was very affordable.

2019, 20 Eggs Frozen
[Dr. Guarnaccia] was very straightforward and detailed, which is an approach I really appreciated. I felt that he was able to express care and concern while also being direct (warmth in a doctor is not a requirement for me in treatment). I would definitely recommend Dr. G to my friends who are interested in egg freezing... explained my bloodwork and ultrasound results, and showed me data comparing my results to others my age. He was specific about his recommendations regarding getting genetic testing done for my family's history of breast cancer.
The window for the monitoring appointments [at Extend Fertility] was large enough that I never felt rushed or that it was an inconvenience. As I mentioned, at times the waiting area was very crowded, but the staff is so efficient that it moved fast...Freezing = 5500...Storage = 2000...The clinic is very organized and efficient. At times there would be many clients waiting to get their ultrasounds done in the mornings, but the process moved fast and I was never left waiting for long. The staff really listens to your concerns and makes themselves available to you.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. G was very straightforward and detailed, which is an approach I really appreciated. I felt that he was able to express care and concern while also being direct (warmth in a doctor is not a requirement for me in treatment). I would definitely recommend Dr. G to my friends who are interested in egg freezing.
Come with your questions prepared--your anxiety will lessen as he gives you concrete information.
During my consultation, Dr. G reviewed details of my blood work and ultrasound, and the likely outcome of my egg freezing. I discussed my extensive family history of breast cancer and Dr. G strongly recommended I get genetic testing done before the egg freezing process so that we could adjust the hormones if necessary.
Dr. G explained my bloodwork and ultrasound results, and showed me data comparing my results to others my age. He was specific about his recommendations regarding getting genetic testing done for my family's history of breast cancer.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
While I did not work specifically with one nurse, they were all compassionate and able to answer any questions I had.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
The window for the monitoring appointments was large enough that I never felt rushed or that it was an inconvenience. As I mentioned, at times the waiting area was very crowded, but the staff is so efficient that it moved fast.
Freezing = 5500 Storage = 2000 Meds = 2169 (I was able to use my friend's leftover hormone meds so saved around $400) Total = $9669
Extend

[Dr. Joshua Klein] is very knowledgeable and patiently explains the process and everything about it...does lean towards single embryo transfer since there is always the chance it may split and result in twins he rather not take the chance of then possibly having triplets or more...he chose to change his schedule so he can be the one to do my retrieval...is fully present by each appointment and really listens to his patients and their concerns. He takes the time to explain all the information and answer any questions to make his patients as comfortable with the process as possible
Overall I have been really happy at expect fertility [Extend Fertility]. The staff are all nice and the atmosphere is pleasant... One example that stands out is the day of my egg retrieval the Dr. On call was not Dr. Klein who did my initial consultation and on his own he chose to change his schedule so he can be the one to do my retrieval. Also the nurses are all so sweet and helpful...They [nurses] are all super helpful and aiming to please. They really were instrumental in making the ivf process as stress free as can be
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein is fully present by each appointment and really listens to his patients and their concerns. He takes the time to explain all the information and answer any questions to make his patients as comfortable with the process as possible
Feel free to ask as many questions as you would like. Dr. Klein is very knowledgeable and patiently explains the process and everything about it
So far I’ve had a really great experience at Expect Fertility. One example that stands out is the day of my egg retrieval the Dr. On call was not Dr. Klein who did my initial consultation and on his own he chose to change his schedule so he can be the one to do my retrieval. Also the nurses are all so sweet and helpful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Fertility advisor Jordana )
The nursing staff at expect fertility are the nicest group of women I’ve ever experienced. They are all super helpful and aiming to please. They really were instrumental in making the ivf process as stress free as can be
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Overall I have been really happy at expect fertility. The staff are all nice and the atmosphere is pleasant. They have a state of the art lab which is super important for treatments to yield positive results
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
Their monitoring window was for a couple of hours in the morning. I was able to go in and still be at work on time. It is a first come first serve basis yet they were quick and professional. This method worked well for me since there was no pressure for a specific appointment time and there was a lower wait time as well since they took you in as you came
Dr. Klein does lean towards single embryo transfer since there is always the chance it may split and result in twins he rather not take the chance of then possibly having triplets or more
Extend

Dr. Guarnaccia used a chart to determine the correct dosage for my egg retrieval medications based on my blood test and ultra sound results. He assured me that I was in the 95 percentile for my age so I am getting the lowest dose of hormones, which I appreciate.... He was very straightforward and informative. Easy to talk to, willing and able to answer all my questions.
I really like Extend Fertility!... They assign an administrator to you and he/she is with you throughout the process. That has been very nice....I have not had much experience with the nursing staff but everyone at the clinic seems very warm and professional.... I thought I was told that egg freezing has a limit on how long eggs can be frozen but was then told that they can be frozen indefinitely.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
He seems well-informed and willing to answer my questions and spend time with me going over information. I felt comfortable in his hands and believe he is good at his job. I liked him and appreciate him.
I would go in with an open mind and understand that he is a busy man but he is present with you! He goes over all pertinent information and makes you feel well-informed. He is not going to add fluff but I think that is a good thing. He knows what he is talking about and has a lot of education and experience to back it up.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I really like Extend Fertility! They marketed to me on Instagram and since that ad, the process had been very easy! They assign an administrator to you and he/she is with you throughout the process. That has been very nice.
approx. $6.5 k for the procedure, $4.5K for ten years of storage. $2.5K goes directly to pharmacy (this is the lowest dosage of hormones. They get more expensive as the amounts go up).... Overall, I think this is cheaper than the big NYC hospitals.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
I thought I was told that egg freezing has a limit on how long eggs can be frozen but was then told that they can be frozen indefinitely. I may have misheard!

2018 - 2019, 22 Eggs Frozen
I only did egg freezing [with Dr. Michael Guarnaccia]...always answered questions with patience and understanding. He's been doing this for a long time and he has empathy for his patients...is a knowledgeable and experienced doctor who is more old fashioned in the way he acts with his patients. He answered every question with patience and understanding, and I think he gets what his patients are going through because he's done this for so many years.
The nurses at Extend were amazing! They were kind and compassionate and always got an answer for any question I had. They are truly the backbone of the clinic and some of the nicest people I've met...It was a well oiled machine even on the busiest of days. When I first started at Extend they had appointments during morning monitoring hours but for my last cycle they had changed that to just showing up anytime between 7-9:30 am which I didn't like.
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Guarnaccia is a knowledgeable and experienced doctor who is more old fashioned in the way he acts with his patients. He answered every question with patience and understanding, and I think he gets what his patients are going through because he's done this for so many years.
Do the research before you start the process and be as informed as possible. It goes by fast and a lot of information will be thrown your way. If you know the questions to ask you'll always get an informed response.
Dr. Guarnaccia always answered questions with patience and understanding. He's been doing this for a long time and he has empathy for his patients.
Microdose Lupron 10 units 2x a day Gonal-F 450 units 1x a day Menopur 2 vials 1x a day Estrdiol patches
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I think Extend Fertility knows their business inside and out and I was happy with my results. It's hard to form a normal medical relationship with the doctors/nurses/staff because you're only a patient at the clinic temporarily so sometimes you can feel like a number. However, I think the staff tries their hardest not to make you feel that way, even on the busiest of days.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
It was a well oiled machine even on the busiest of days. When I first started at Extend they had appointments during morning monitoring hours but for my last cycle they had changed that to just showing up anytime between 7-9:30 am which I didn't like. Busy days were harder but everyone was always kind and worked very hard.
Cycles were $5200 for the first and $4000 for any cycles performed after that. I don't recall the costs of all the medications but that differs for everyone.
I only did egg freezing
Extend

I am seeing Dr. Maslow for egg freezing.... Dr. Maslow was extremely helpful in explaining the complicated elements of a pleasing to me. She was easy to talk to you even when my results were not so great in the beginning stages. She was encouraging but honest throughout the process, which I really appreciated.... She also went through other hypothetical AMH blood levels with me and how that might impact my anticipated results.
Extend Fertility provides egg freezing exclusively, so I found the prices are lower than other clinics for this very specific service. They used to offer free consultations and diagnostic testing, but now they charge $250 and if you end up using them to freeze your eggs you get to apply that amount to the cost of your egg freezing cycle.... There was one time when I showed up for a blood test that the nurse told me my test wasn’t on the calendar.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I would come with a list of questions for her. There’s a lot of basic information that needs to be told every single patient but beyond that it really is up to you to do your research and make sure you ask the right questions so that you get the answers you need to feel comfortable with your personal care.
She sat down with me face-to-face for a full hour and thoroughly went through my test results with me. She also went through other hypothetical AMH blood levels with me and how that might impact my anticipated results.
I’m still in the process of my treatment so I haven’t had any protocols performed yet.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff are all generally friendly, and helpful. They were all very accommodating of my fear of needles.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
I haven’t had ultrasound monitoring performed yet, but I do know that it is a general window.
There is a $6000 cycle fee, plus the cost of medications and long-term storage.
Describe Bat-Sheva Maslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Extend Fertility.
This does not apply to me. I am seeing Dr. Maslow for egg freezing.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
There was one time when I showed up for a blood test that the nurse told me my test wasn’t on the calendar. But it turned out not to be an issue. They were able to get me in but I was told that my appointment did not show up for them.

2017 - 2019, 22 Eggs Frozen
I had an excellent experience with [Dr.Joshua Klein] ...treated me like a person throughout the 3-years it took me to bank 22 eggs. I am 35 and have low ovarian reserve and am a poor performer...actually there for me...available to talk details, new strategies or just empathize (plenty of tears shed). I was an out-of-state patient, so this was especially important...I traveled from the west coast 5 times to freeze eggs
During the lows, both the nurses and the doctor's were actually there for me, and made themselves available to talk details, new strategies or just empathize (plenty of tears shed). I was an out-of-state patient, so this was especially important. Because of this, I'd recommend Extend Fertility to anyone...Dayna [nurse] became my biggest supporter throughout the three years I spent freezing eggs at Extend. As an out-of-state patient, she worked closely with me to schedule appointments, fax in orders to facilities in my home city, get questions answered quickly and responded to emails in less than 8 hours (and usually within the hour). Logistically, she is amazing-- and personally she is incredible. She is THE reason my experience at Extend has been so positive.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Klein and Extend Fertility. Even as a low performer and a low AMH, they were able to provide affordable rates that allowed me to meet my egg banking goals. I traveled from the west coast 5 times to freeze eggs at this clicic because of the affordable and comprehensive fertility care.
Your business is growing so fast! Add a phlebotomist to decrease morning wait times, or schedule actual appointment instead of a window. (This last trip, I waited over an hour for every monitoring visit).
Dr. Klein and all of his staff treated me like a person throughout the 3-years it took me to bank 22 eggs. I am 35 and have low ovarian reserve and am a poor performer. During the lows, both the nurses and the doctor's were actually there for me, and made themselves available to talk details, new strategies or just empathize (plenty of tears shed). I was an out-of-state patient, so this was especially important. Because of this, I'd recommend Extend Fertility to anyone.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Dayna Hennessy )
Dayna became my biggest supporter throughout the three years I spent freezing eggs at Extend. As an out-of-state patient, she worked closely with me to schedule appointments, fax in orders to facilities in my home city, get questions answered quickly and responded to emails in less than 8 hours (and usually within the hour). Logistically, she is amazing-- and personally she is incredible. She is THE reason my experience at Extend has been so positive.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Extend has some of the best rates in the country-- financially and scientifically. They offer affordable egg freezing without cutting corners or reducing the quality bar. Conservatively estimating, I saved $50k over the course of five freezing cycles by choosing Extend instead of local options.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
The monitoring experience has changed over time. As the business is growing, there are more women in the waiting room, so you should plan to be there for an hour. The front desk is extremely kind and helpful and the appointments are quick and informative. If you have a question or want to talk to a doctor instead of an ultrasound technician, you can.
The most affordable I could find, without reducing quality. Conservatively estimating, I saved $10k per cycle, or $50k over the course of five cycles compared to my local options.
Extend

I have never ever experienced that type of stellar service with any other doctor...When I shared with my friends how I can email him [Dr. Guarnaccia] and get a reply back in less than 10mins they were shocked...Every Dr. visit I would come in with a list of questions I found on forums or the internet. Dr. G patiently listened and provided detailed answers to my questions, never brushing it off or telling me to stay off the internet... anytime something would happen, i.e., unexpected spotting I would email him and get a response back immediately.
The nursing staff [at Extend Fertility] was super friendly...The facility is new and clean. The staff is super friendly and knowledgable. The pricing is great. I never had to wait more than 15min in the waiting room. The Drs here were directors at top clinics. The clinic is great with email communication. Weakness: The billing department took a bit to get insurance paperwork done...Estrogen patch before my period Follistim 300 units Menopur 225 IU
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
I never experienced any anxiety or questioning with Dr. Guarnaccia because anytime something would happen, i.e., unexpected spotting I would email him and get a response back immediately.  I never had to sit there wondering if something was wrong or am I doing the right thing.  I am not an easy patient. Every Dr. visit I  would come in with a list of questions I found on forums or the internet. Dr. G patiently listened and provided detailed answers to my questions, never brushing it off or telling me to stay off the internet.
Before Extend Fertility I was at a very well known, highly ranked fertility clinic where I would call in when I had a question, wait for over 15min on the phone with the receptionist and then be told the Dr will call you back when they get a moment which meant the next day.  However, I felt like I won the lottery with Dr. Guarnaccia (Dr. G). When I shared with my friends how I can email him and get a reply back in less than 10mins they were shocked. Actually, the first time I emailed him and got a quick response I was shocked too. I have never ever experienced that type of stellar service with any other doctor.
Estrogen patch before my period Follistim 300 units Menopur 225 IU
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nursing staff was super friendly.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
I did 2 rounds of IVF at Columbia but had to stop because my insurance was no longer going to cover IVF and Columbia was too expensive. I was choosing between RMA and Expect Fertility. I went with Expect Fertility because of Dr. Guarnaccia experience & knowledge, the rates, and the state of the art lab. I didn't go with RMA because they suggested a birth control protocol. Strengths: The facility is new and clean. The staff is super friendly and knowledgable. The pricing is great. I never had to wait more than 15min in the waiting room. The Drs here were directors at top clinics. The clinic is great with email communication. Weakness: The billing department took a bit to get insurance paperwork done.
2019, 12 Eggs Frozen
I only met her [Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow] once during a consultation and was once seen by a different doctor during the routine visits. She did not do my retrieval. She was really nice and knowledgeable and patiently answered my questions...It was a standard egg retrieval process. They told me to add more hormones based on the growth of my follicles...it feels more like you are a patient of the clinic then any patient of a specific doctor.
When you go to Extend Fertility, it feels more like you are a patient of the clinic then any patient of a specific doctor. I only met her [Dr. Maslow] once during a consultation and was once seen by a different doctor during the routine visits...The nurses were sweet, smart, friendly, patient and follow up. However, you have to be organized as things can slip through the cracks...It [monitoring] was a well run machine. Sometimes it took 15 min and other times it was 30
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
When you go to Extend Fertility, it feels more like you are a patient of the clinic then any patient of a specific doctor. I only met her once during a consultation and was once seen by a different doctor during the routine visits. She did not do my retrieval. She was really nice and knowledgeable and patiently answered my questions.
It's a smaller office, but it's still a bit of a factory. At least it's a well oiled machine with many polite and friendly nurses and staff.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
The nurses were sweet, smart, friendly, patient and follow up. However, you have to be organized as things can slip through the cracks. A pharmacy didn't get the prescription and they never told me which type of trigger shot i needed until i asked. I did call to speak to a nurse after a treatment as i was experiencing vertigo and they were useless with that issue. However, this does not surprise me since it was not directly related to the procedure
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
Their practice is geared towards women who want to freeze their eggs for the future and not for any immediate treatment, which is what i was doing. It had a smaller feel then an RMI and was less expensive (my insurance did not provide coverage). Everyone is super friendly and nice and wait times are really managable. However, you have to stay organized the whole time as things can fall through the cracks. This will happen at any of the egg retrieval or ivf clinice.
It was a well run machine. Sometimes it took 15 min and other times it was 30
$6500 for retrieval, $2000 for 5 years of freezing and approx $2000 in hormones
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Extend Fertility.
The pharmacy didnt have the prescription and they never called in my trigger shot until i reminded them about it
2017 - 2019, 3 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Klein was very knowledgable. He explained information thoroughly but always in a way that was understandable. He was kind and compassionate when giving difficult news. He answered all my questions (and I had many) and he addressed all my concerns without judgement. ... Dr. Klein listened to my concerns, answered all my questions, and understood my feelings while delivering both good and bad news.
The biggest strength of this office is the compassion. They are understanding, kind, and thorough. As with any clinic, you always need to be your own advocate. If you have questions, you must ask. If you have concerns, you must voice them. Be knowledgable as a patient but also be trusting because this team only wants what's best for you.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Ask all your questions and don't worry if they are insignificant in your mind, Dr. Klein will understand, answer you thoroughly, and validate your concerns.
I went through 3 rounds of egg freezing, one cancellation, and will be doing one more before being the IUI process with Dr. Klein. In all three rounds, the Folistim amounts were increased from the start and I was given three different trigger drugs. My body reacts best to higher doses of Folistim but I also had a canceled cycle on the highest dose.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Extend Fertility.
From the moment you walk into the office, every single nurse is kind, gentle, understanding, and thorough.
$9000 for 4 egg freezing cycles $2000 for 5 years of long term storage
2019, 17 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Guarnaccia was incredibly knowledgeable and friendly. I would recommend him absolutely as for REI services including egg freezing, which is what I had with him. I appreciated both his candor and his efficiency - working with him as my doctor was all I could ask for during the process...He is very quick - prepare any questions you might have beforehand..
all-in each cycle [at Extend Fertilty] was about $10k...I worked with a lot of nurses, so it is hard to comment on someone specifically. However, they were all very kind and helpful during my egg freezing process...I liked the clinic - it was easy to go in and out of frequently. I was slightly confused on day of procedure because the ORs are on a different floor, but that is minor. I did end up having my egg retrieval conducted by a different physician the second cycle, but it was not an issue. I liked how they were very capable of answering all my questions (and I have a lot!).
How was your experience with Michael Guarnaccia at Extend Fertility?
He is very quick - prepare any questions you might have beforehand
Very kind and thoughtful as well as knowledgable
I had egg freezing done with an HCG trigger shot.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
It seemed to be a fairly well-run process with my coming in and waiting a max of 15-20 min, mostly less, and getting in and out of the clinic rooms fairly quickly. I think it was also helpful that I went during the summer - less clothing to take on and off!
I can't recall, but all-in each cycle was about $10k

2019, 13 Eggs Frozen
I chose a female doctor [Dr. Bat-Sheva Maslow] because I think it’s more convenient. She is very nice and professional. The whole procedure went smoothly and I got a pretty good result. I didn’t feel anything miserable, the medication was efficient, I only injected 8 days to get it ready.... They expected to get 10-15 eggs, I got 13 mature eggs, which is pretty good. Although I expected 15.
This clinic [Extend Fertility] is the egg freezing industry leader. I’m happy I made a good choice. I did so much research to find it. I enjoyed the advanced technology and professional team. The whole procedure was pretty enjoyable.... Their monitoring hours is 7:00am-9:30am every day. Which is very convenient. The waiting time is very short.... My fertility advisor Kezia is great! She is very friendly and reachable.
How was your experience with Bat-Sheva Maslow at Extend Fertility?
I chose a female doctor because I think it’s more convenient. She is very nice and professional. The whole procedure went smoothly and I got a pretty good result. I didn’t feel anything miserable, the medication was efficient, I only injected 8 days to get it ready.
Don’t fear of anything, I feel the procedure just like a regular period.
She is very nice and with big smile. A kind of warm feeling.
They give me the dose is medium. Follistim 225 unites and 2 vials of Menopur per day. I only injected 8 days to get it ready for retraival. They expected to get 10-15 eggs, I got 13 mature eggs, which is pretty good. Although I expected 15.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Extend Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Kezia Onel )
My fertility advisor Kezia is great! She is very friendly and reachable. She is so patient and answered all my questions. She helped me made it. And all the nurses are so nice and patient. They are a well organized team.
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
This clinic is the egg freezing industry leader. I’m happy I made a good choice. I did so much research to find it. I enjoyed the advanced technology and professional team. The whole procedure was pretty enjoyable.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Extend Fertility.
First cycle 6500, one year storage 600, medication 3000.
Extend
[Dr. Joshua Klein] always made sure to be on call for my procedures He always helped me stay positive and hopeful he showed true compassion and interest in my care/needs even after success. He is always available by email and phone if needed...first IVF protocol was "micro- flare" which resulted in "funky" egg behavior. The next cycle was antagonist with high dosage of Gonal- F and 3rd and most successful cycle was antagonist with lower dosage of Gonal- F which resulted in better egg quality.
The office [of Extend Fertility] is a nice and warm environment...Feels very welcoming...Nurses are always smiling and compassionate...They could work on communication skills...like calling back and getting questions answered more efficiently...very fairly priced (compared to other clinics)...Dr. Klein was not a fan of transferring multiple embryos but would have agreed if I begged enough...first IVF protocol was "micro- flare" which resulted in "funky" egg behavior. The next cycle was antagonist with high dosage of Gonal- F and 3rd and most successful cycle was antagonist with lower dosage of Gonal- F which resulted in better egg quality.
How was your experience with Joshua Klein at Extend Fertility?
Dr. Klein always made sure to be on call for my procedures He always helped me stay positive and hopeful he showed true compassion and interest in my care/needs even after success. He is always available by email and phone if needed.
dont be afraid to ask questions
Dr Klein is always available by email He always takes the time to respond in detail and made sure to be on call for all my procedures
Describe your experience with Extend Fertility.
The office is a nice and warm environment Feels very welcoming Nurses are always smiling and compassionate They could work on communication skills...like calling back and getting questions answered more efficiently
very fairly priced (compared to other clinics)