Genetic counseling: Offered
8435 Clearvista Place
Indianapolis, IN 46256
5128 E. Stop 11 Road
Indianapolis, IN 46237
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Family Beginnings to a friend?

2 doctors
2017 - 2019
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
He [Dr. Bonaventura] loves to talk! I see this as a good thing. It's comforting to know he is going to be very thorough with you, all while having normal conversations with you to keep you at ease. He doesn't talk all medical jargon like some doctors are known to do, and he makes sure that you are clear on all procedures and plans of treatment...suggests transferring single embryos, but will transfer up to two embryos if that is the patient/couples choice. He will not transfer 3 embryos due to having a past positive transfer with all 3 embryos implanting. He does not wish to put the woman or fetuses at a high risk, which comes with multiples.
she [nurse at Family Beginnings] sometimes will work 7 days a week, and with the amount of patients they treat, I can see how she can become overwhelmed. You have to stay on top of your instructions and results with her... have also had issues where the embryologist was to call me daily to give me updates, and I only heard from them every other day (which can be stressful when you are waiting for that call.)...The clinic is small, nothing fancy. I believe this shows that they are there for the patients, and not about elegantly furnishing their office and going over the top with decor. It is easily accessible for those who are traveling to the office (we travel 1 hour and 40 minutes from home.) The staff is very knowledgeable and ready to help with any questions or concerns. They are compassionate and want whats best for the patient. You just have to be aware that being such a small office, they are very busy and you have to stay on top of your information for yourself.
2017 - 2019
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Leo Bonaventura at Family Beginnings?
I was hesitant to get a second opinion when we first decided to switch fertility doctors after a previous bad experience. My husband and I knew right away that we were in the right place and making the right decision by going forth with this second opinion. Everything was explained very well for us, from procedures, to why we would need certain meds and doses, to aftercare. I have anxiety issues and my husband even pointed out that Dr. Bonaventura is very good at communication when it comes to the high stress conversations that can go on during consultations and visits. He knows just what to say to help you feel at ease about everything that is going on. He is very straight forward about his patients and what he feels is best for them individually. One of his classic sayings is "if you were my daughter, I would...". Knowing that his daughter actually did go through infertility treatments, I feel like this is a very trustworthy statement. I also appreciate the fact that he doesn't push extra testing or things to raise your pricing even higher, which I know a lot of clinics end up doing. He understands that these treatments are expensive, and doesn't get pushy, like other doctors that I previously had consulted with. He also lights a candle for every patient that is having a procedure that day. This in itself tells me that he is invested in his patients and we aren't just another number to him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Leo Bonaventura at Family Beginnings?
He loves to talk! I see this as a good thing. It's comforting to know he is going to be very thorough with you, all while having normal conversations with you to keep you at ease. He doesn't talk all medical jargon like some doctors are known to do, and he makes sure that you are clear on all procedures and plans of treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Leo Bonaventura at Family Beginnings?
Dr. Bonaventura isn't in the fertility business to make money. He has been doing this for many years. He actually left a different practice that he helped open because the practice was more worried about money and what they could charge for, rather than focusing on getting their patients pregnant. I truly believe he is in this for the patients good, not more money in his pocket.
Describe the protocols Leo Bonaventura used in your cycles at Family Beginnings and their degree of success.
For my IVF cycles I have always used: Long lupron protocol Gonal-F 150 am / 75pm iu. - starting on cycle day 3, twice daily Menopur 75iu - starting on cycle day 3, once daily Lupron . - 10 iu starting on cycle day , once daily Cetrotide - as needed to delay release Ovidrel -250mcg 48 hours prior to egg retrieval PIO and/or progesterone suppositories. Baby Asprin Birth control prior to cycle. Baseline ultrasound and lab work between CD1-CD3, US and bloodwork on CD 7, 9, & 11 per testing results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Family Beginnings. (Assigned nurse: Kim)
Kim has a lot on her plate being the only nurse at the North office. She sometimes seems frazzled and can often be very unorganized, which is understandable with her workload. She sometimes will work 7 days a week, and with the amount of patients they treat, I can see how she can become overwhelmed. You have to stay on top of your instructions and results with her. She is compassionate, but she is also busy. The first few times we dealt with her, my husband nor I were fans, but after getting to know her and to see just how busy she is, we understood.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Leo Bonaventura at Family Beginnings.
Regular IVF retrieval cycle - Medications - $1500-$3000 IVF including blood work, monitoring ultrasounds, office visits, anesthesia, trial transfer - $7,155 ICSI - $1,000 Assisted Hatching $400 Blastocyst culture $400 Embryo freezing $600(first year) $300 annually after Embryo biopsy $1500 PGS testing $2300 INVOcell IVF $6,865.00 (not including medications.) medications - $1500-$3,000 Frozen embryo transfer $3,545.00
Describe Leo Bonaventura's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Family Beginnings.
Dr. Bonaventura suggests transferring single embryos, but will transfer up to two embryos if that is the patient/couples choice. He will not transfer 3 embryos due to having a past positive transfer with all 3 embryos implanting. He does not wish to put the woman or fetuses at a high risk, which comes with multiples.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Leo Bonaventura at Family Beginnings.

4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
My Husband and I sat face-to-face with Dr. Donahue and he went through the process and then asked if we had questions. He knew I had a medical background and answer the questions Straight forward in a way I understand. He didn’t mention statistics until I asked him about them and he didn’t seem to change the numbers at all depending on how I asked. After our failed cycle, he came in was very compassionate in delivering the reasoning and the results and was very helpful. He helped us decided if we wanted to move forward to another cycle.
She [nurse at Family Beginnings] told me what my numbers were and what numbers we were looking for while doing the scan. After my retrieval when we only had 3 eggs, she was very hopeful for us and reassuring. When we came back at the 5 days and our embryos didn't make it, she was so compassionate...The monitoring appointments were made around my schedule. The nurse completed the procedure. The Doctor was in my specific office 2-3 times a week and then in the other office other days. There was only one time when I had an ultrasound with the nurse and she had question on continuing or changing my protocol and had to call the Dr at the other office.
4 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
Dr. Donahue is technically the third doctor that has addressed my infertility over the years. I have been diagnosed PCOS for over five years and my primary care physician is the one that began my fertility treatments with Clomid. I then saw another physician over a course of a year, that treated my infertility unsuccessfully with IUI treatments. I unfortunately have had to deal a lot with physicians pertaining to my fertility and Dr. Donahue‘s bedside manner and compassion was far greater than I could’ve expected. He met with my husband and I to give us details on the procedure and to give us feedback on what he believes we would need for my cycle. He also took in my records from my other physicians. He took time to look through them to see what protocols worked and didn’t work for me. He based his decision on what I’ve already gone through previously. I was very glad that he looked over my paperwork, because I’ve been very resistant to medication and he adjusted medications appropriately. Through my IUIs they changed and increased medications each cycle. The cycle cycle I produced 2 mature sized follicles, but still resulted in a failed cycle. He also listens to me that I ovulate early on injectables and he prescribed me a medication keep me from ovulating early. He also monitored my blood levels early to make sure that I did not ovulate too soon. Dr. Donahue adjusted my medication from my last IUI cycle and he changed it to a medication protocol that was better fitting for me. I was able to make multiple follicles and have 12 eggs at retrieval. Dr. Donahue thoroughly examined my eggs after my retrieval and he was able to tell that my egg quality is not what it shows on an ultrasound. Out of my 12 eggs, only three of them were considered mature. Out of those three, none of them fertilized. He was very compassionate in delivering the news to me and my husband. He changed my medication protocol for the next cycle I am to complete in a June. He wanted to make it to retrieval days as much as we did. I feel like he listened to me every step of the way. I was comfortable going into it, even though the procedure was something new to me. He also was reachable. If I needed him he was reachable by cell phone or calling the office. Every time I have an appointment, even with just the nurse, I see him and he talks to me about my procedure, how I’m progressing and what the results were that day. He is always very interested in what was happening.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
Be your own advocate. If your aren't sure what the Doctor is saying, ask him to repeat it or explain it differently. If you have questions, concerns or input on your protocol, just say it. He listens to everything you say and explains why things will works or won't work for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
Describe the protocols James Donahue used in your cycles at Family Beginnings and their degree of success.
Thankfully we had some previous information to go off of. I used injectables with a previous physician for 2 of my 4 IUI procedures. Dr. Donahue took that information and changed a little. I stayed on Follitropin (the only change was brand from follistim to gonal F) for my Invocell cycle. We increased my dosage. The last time I took the Follistim, I had one follicle of mature size and on that was close to mature. With it being an IUI I do not know if that follicle contained an egg or a mature egg for that matter. My first month I was on birth control to regulate my cycle and shrink cysts from my PCOS. I was on 5mg of Letrozole day 2-6. I started the Gonal-F on day 5. I was on 150mg twice a day. Dr Donahue was aware that I had a history of ovulating early on injectables and therefore we did bloodwork and my first ultrasound early. Day 10 we did my scan and the largest follicle I had was close to 14mm. One on each ovary. I had several others that were near 9-10mm. That evening we increased my dosage of gonal F to 225units from then until the morning of Day 13. We did another Ultrasound on Day 12. This time it showed My two dominate follicles (on each side) were 16-18. I took Cetrotide day 11, 12, 13 to stop my from ovulation early. (That ended up being a good thing because my ovulation predictor started to rise on a home test.) Finally retrieval day was set for day 15. The evening of cycle day 13 I took HCG (Pregnyl) trigger shot. I went in for retrieval at 8 am that Sunday morning. We got the news that upwards of ten follicles were on each side. We only retrieved 12 eggs from the procedure. Dr Donahue determined that only 3 of them had fully matured to correct formation and size. We did ICSI, inseminated all three eggs and implanted them in the INVOcell device. After 5 days, not a single egg had fertilized.
The first appointment I was nervous. The nurse took me in and did the normal intake questions along with vitals. She lead us back to the conference room where we consulted with Dr Donahue. The next few appointments were where we really got to know Kim. She did my baseline scan before I started my treatment. She explained the procedure before and while she was doing the exam. She told me what my numbers were and what numbers we were looking for while doing the scan. After my retrieval when we only had 3 eggs, she was very hopeful for us and reassuring. When we came back at the 5 days and our embryos didn't make it, she was so compassionate. She hugged me and get tearful with me. She and Dr Donahue said that would discuss details with us on another cycle if and when we were ready. We were told to take our time getting ready and to not rush out before we were ready. The other nurses or assistance in the office at the front desk were kind and compassionate too. They have been great at relating messages between myself and the Doctor or Nurse.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
The clinic has a nice office space and is very clean. I think they could benefit from another Nurse, just to assist the current Nurse. By nature she is a fast paced person and at first comes off as she is rushing, but she really isn't. She always has the time or makes the time for me. They also schedule the appointments appropriately to allow the Nurse adequate time with the patients. She can answer questions, help with billing questions, give education and instruction on the new medications and how to work the injectors. I never waited more than 8-10 minutes past a scheduled appointment. I unfortunately had my retrieval day land on a weekend. While I know that didn't want to work the weekend I never saw that out of them. They were kind and never pushy.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Family Beginnings.
The monitoring appointments were made around my schedule. The nurse completed the procedure. The Doctor was in my specific office 2-3 times a week and then in the other office other days. There was only one time when I had an ultrasound with the nurse and she had question on continuing or changing my protocol and had to call the Dr at the other office. There is also another Doctor there, but not my main physician. She was able to get results within minutes. All my other scans the doctor was meet us at the end of the ultrasound to discuss if there were changes or if we were staying right on track.
Describe the costs associated with your care under James Donahue at Family Beginnings.
My medication protocol alone was roughly $2800. My insurance covered part of the antibiotic and letrozole, which saved me about $25 dollars overall. My initial office visit, trial transfer and infectious disease panel labs were $610. My baseline scan was $305. My day 10 and 12 follicle scans and bloodwork were $240 a piece. My retrieval, INVOcell and transfer was $5,500. The anesthesiologist for the retrieval was $470. The other thing we didn't pay last time, but is an option is $1000 for cryopreservation, if multiple eggs are fertilized. The overall cost was $7,365. Not including the cryopreservation, medication or travel costs.
Describe James Donahue's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Family Beginnings.
My Dr and I did discuss on the number of embryos we would transfer. He said he most often dose two, but in some cases (and requests) he will only transfer one. He knew we wanted to transfer two from the beginning. He made us aware that twins are a possibility when transferring two. He also stated that on the rare occasion the egg can split and we could have more than two babies. He was clear on the possibilities and reasoning.
+ Read more- Read less

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings.

We did invocell [with Dr. Bonaventura]... We Re strictly Male factor infertility. Husband was put on supplements as well...He was very kind and personal. He took his time to talk to us and listen...We seen him at almost every appointment even if just briefly. He was always accessible by phone and let patients in treatment reach out via phone if they had an issue or emergency. He personally called me when I had my failed cycle and we discussed the next steps. He then talked to my husband when he called. He would be very blunt about the issues which I liked. He never beat around the Bush. However, you have to be educated on the protocols because sometimes I think they forget this is foreign information. Just read about the procedure so you know what to ask him.before the consult.
We did invocell [at Family Beginnings]...She [nurse] can rush you sometimes when you have questions on the phone. However very nice in person and genuinely cares...They had blocked times early day for [monitoring appointments]. It was easy to get an appointment and they always got me in and out...Invocell was 5500 plus a few ultra sounds and you paid for meds separately. It was about 9k total...They are always accessible to patients . Easy to get quick appointments. Usually have you in and out. Could improve on educating patients and explaining med protocols. I had to push to be on a kore aggressive protocol following a failed cycle. They need to be more aggressive in my opinion after failed cycles.
How was your experience with Leo Bonaventura at Family Beginnings?
He is a kind doctor that actually takes the time to see patients. We seen him at almost every appointment even if just briefly. He was always accessible by phone and let patients in treatment reach out via phone if they had an issue or emergency. He personally called me when I had my failed cycle and we discussed the next steps. He then talked to my husband when he called. He would be very blunt about the issues which I liked. He never beat around the Bush. However, you have to be educated on the protocols because sometimes I think they forget this is foreign information. Just read about the procedure so you know what to ask him.before the consult.
Look up information before hand. Ask important questions like success rates and how to increase your odds. Have a list ready to ask! It's sometimes overwhelming if you're not prepared.
He was very kind and personal. He took his time to talk to us and listen
We did invocell. We did gonal f stims 150 u ×7 days with frequent US. Cetrotide x 1 and ovidril x 2 retrieved at day 14 and 5 day transfer. We Re strictly Male factor infertility. Husband was put on supplements as well.
She can rush you sometimes when you have questions on the phone. However very nice in person and genuinely cares
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
They had blocked times early day for this. It was easy to get an appointment and they always got me in and out.
Costs were out of pocket. You paid by visit and then for the procedure. Invocell was 5500 plus a few ultra sounds and you paid for meds separately. It was about 9k total
He suggested transferring 2 due to higher implantation rates, but there is increased rate of twins
+ Read more- Read less

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained, Other
The doctor [Dr. Donahue] met with me to discuss my fertility treatment plan. I am Catholic, so my faith plays a big role in how we proceed. He modified my treatment to match my religious desires while also maximizing our chances for a healthy pregnancy.... He gives his patients his personal cell number so that he is available for questions or concerns if they arise. He does not rush through a visit just to get someone else in the door.
It is a very small clinic [Family Beginnings] - I see this as a plus. The entire staff is available at all times. I have the dr cell phone number and can use it any time that I need it. After having several losses, it is nice to know that when I am going through this process they are there to not on physically support me to but be there emotionally.... Everyone takes their time with the patients. I never left with a questions. If I had a question that I thought of on the way home they were only a phone call away.
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
Dr. Donahue was amazing. He gives his patients his personal cell number so that he is available for questions or concerns if they arise. He does not rush through a visit just to get someone else in the door. Very rarely do you get a voicemail with this practice - I have already talked to a human when I call. On the rare chance I have had to leave a VM they call you back right away. I feel like a person there and that the truly care.
Their office is not the typical fancy fertility clinic that you would expect. This keeps their prices lower and allows them to focus on the patient.
The doctor met with me to discuss my fertility treatment plan. I am Catholic, so my faith plays a big role in how we proceed. He modified my treatment to match my religious desires while also maximizing our chances for a healthy pregnancy. He also told me all of our options. He didn't push us to go straight to IVF unless we wanted to. He let me be active in the decision making process while educating me along the way.
I am getting ready to start IVF. I experienced a miscarriage the month that we were supposed to start trying. I am waiting on his instructions on how we are going to update my protocol based upon blood work and results from my miscarriage.
Everyone takes their time with the patients. I never left with a questions. If I had a question that I thought of on the way home they were only a phone call away. They always answered all of my questions and then gave me explanations. No test was performed or anything done without me knowing the reason why it was necessary.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
It is a very small clinic - I see this as a plus. The entire staff is available at all times. I have the dr cell phone number and can use it any time that I need it. After having several losses, it is nice to know that when I am going through this process they are there to not on physically support me to but be there emotionally.
The initial visit (without insurance was about $200). I am still going through the process of IVF so I can't comment fully on the price.
I feel that the entire team has educated me on the risks of transferring one or two with or without testing. They have made it very clear on the risks and why some risks were worth taking and why some weren't. It is one thing to know the risk it is another to know why.
+ Read more- Read less

Dr. Donahue did my IUIs himself and was easily accessible if I had questions or concerns. I felt like he was very involved in my care.... Dr. Donahue was great! He took whatever time necessary to put my mind at ease regarding the process and was extremely focused on the end goal of getting pregnant. He was definitely more aggressive than a previous dr. in regards to risking multiples as long as I was okay with that.
The nurses [Family Beginnings] were very sweet, even when they had to come in on July 4th for an IUI. They never made me feel like a number and were just very sweet.... Strengths - extremely small and only one doctor so everyone is aware of your care and in the loop. I felt like I never had to explain what was going on to anyone! Weaknesses - more so for my husband - there is no deposit room so he had to make his deposit at home and transfer it which can be stressful (keeping it the right temperature, getting there in time, etc.)
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
To ask for him to do your IUIs. He indicated that nurses typically did them, but when I told him that was a concern of mine he was happy to do them...even on July 4th!
Dr. James was comfortable giving me higher doses of drugs to produce more follicles/eggs due to the fact that IUI had not been successful in the past. He felt that the likelihood of multiples was slim in my case (although he made it clear, they were possible) He also added progesterone to my treatment to help which my previous doctor had not done.
The nurses were very sweet, even when they had to come in on July 4th for an IUI. They never made me feel like a number and were just very sweet. I had an IUI that was more painful for whatever reason and the nurse (while remaining professional) was also very nurturing and compassionate. I felt like my mom was in the room with me she was so caring.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
Our IUIs with Dr. Donahue were a little cheaper I believe. Around $800 (not including medicine)
+ Read more- Read less

He's [Dr. Donahue] a very good doctor, very knowledgeable and I liked that he was aggressive with treatments. ... I took quite a bit of FSH (150 iu 2X a day for 9 days). I ended up having 17 eggs but of those only 3 made it to embryo stage. ... I did the INVOcell IVF procedure, where they take ICSI fertilized eggs and put them in a device that gets put back in the body for 5 days of incubation.
The staff [at Family Beginnings] can be a little goofy because it's a family-run clinic and they all know each other really well. But I liked it because fertility clinics can feel very solemn in their atmospheres. Their practice felt more upbeat. ... [nurse] Kim was great! She was always positive and straightforward with her information. ... Full cycle of INVOcell with all ultrasounds, medications, appointments, and procedures came in at about $9000 total.
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
He's a very good doctor, very knowledgeable and I liked that he was aggressive with treatments. My previous doctor was far too conservative and I ended up switching because I wasn't having success at her office.
Ask about the INVOcell IVF treatment. His office is the only one in Indiana offering it and I wouldn't have been able to have my twins without this procedure. It made a huge difference for me.
He's a very caring doctor. He gave out his personal cell phone number to patients if they had questions outside office hours, and he was always there when I needed to talk to him.
I took quite a bit of FSH (150 iu 2X a day for 9 days). I ended up having 17 eggs but of those only 3 made it to embryo stage. Two were highest quality (my twins) and we recently donated the remaining embryo to science. I did the INVOcell IVF procedure, where they take ICSI fertilized eggs and put them in a device that gets put back in the body for 5 days of incubation.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
The staff can be a little goofy because it's a family-run clinic and they all know each other really well. But I liked it because fertility clinics can feel very solemn in their atmospheres. Their practice felt more upbeat.
My more conservative doctor recommended eSET but it was absolutely unaffordable. Their base IVF was $30K and that would've been an additional fee on top of it. If there's a concern where the mother couldn't carry multiples I could see how that would be beneficial. But I was fine carrying twins, and it was worth the risk for me to transfer two embryos.

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
He [Dr. Donahue] is very open, always available for questions, compassionate and soothing. He doesn't hesitate to bring up other treatment options and make sure you understand everything. He will call you personally when something isn't going as planned to check up on you. He involves everyone that is present at each appointment. Very knowledgeable.... He listens to you wants/needs and is very respectful. He truly wants to help you be successful.
The South office [Family Beginnings] isn't open on Fridays, making for longer travel if my cycle day requires a Friday appointment. My first experience at North office made me not want to go back (u/s tech?). I did go back and it was much better, didn't see the person who ruined my first experience. Sometimes a long wait at both offices, so having early appointment is best...Mini IVF now offered and very reasonable.
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
He is very open, always available for questions, compassionate and soothing. He doesn't hesitate to bring up other treatment options and make sure you understand everything. He will call you personally when something isn't going as planned to check up on you. He involves everyone that is present at each appointment. Very knowledgeable.
Come with questions and be ready for great answers!
Femara, gonal f 50, hcg, iui, progesterone. 1 mature follicle, neg pregnancy test Next increased gonal f to 75 2 mature follicles, chemical preg Next cycle was miscarriage 3months off. Currently increasing gonal f to 150.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Family Beginnings. (Assigned nurse: Gia)
Gia is great. She can run the whole office herself. Always available to talk, explains everything in great depth. Husband loves the way she explains the ultrasounds and whole process.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
The South office isn't open on Fridays, making for longer travel if my cycle day requires a Friday appointment. My first experience at North office made me not want to go back (u/s tech?). I did go back and it was much better, didn't see the person who ruined my first experience. Sometimes a long wait at both offices, so having early appointment is best.
Reasonable compared to others I have seen. Mini IVF now offered and very reasonable.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
I’ve been going for the past four or five months, twice a month the past three months and I’ve only seen the actual Dr. [Dr. James Donahue] twice. Every other time was the scan lady, she would leave to go talk to him then come back and relay what she was told.... Although I do usually feel somewhat rushed, they make sure to answer all my questions and explain things I don’t understand.
They [Family Beginnings] aren’t persistent/lenient when it comes to scans. First time they let me go later in the day when they told me they only do mornings because I work every morning, second time I was told I had to come in the morning or just wait for next cycle. Which I thought was ridiculous since I’m paying so much to them for help.... From what I’ve seen of them they seem very nice. First time I came in for a scan, the lady had no clue I was there for one and told me to call back on cd 12, I had to correct her and tell her it was day 12.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
I’ve been going for the past four or five months, twice a month the past three months and I’ve only seen the actual Dr. twice. Every other time was the scan lady, she would leave to go talk to him then come back and relay what she was told.
Don’t expect to see him every visit.
I was put on letrozole since Clomid prescribes by another dr was no longer working. After the first month, I didn’t get any viable eggs so I was told I couldn’t do trigger shot. Second time I was put on birth control because I had a huge cyst.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
They aren’t persistent/lenient when it comes to scans. First time they let me go later in the day when they told me they only do mornings because I work every morning, second time I was told I had to come in the morning or just wait for next cycle. Which I thought was ridiculous since I’m paying so much to them for help.
Prices weren’t persistent. Insurance doesn’t cover anything. Just regular appointments were around $110 each time, with first scan it was $180 but second scan was for some reason $305, wasn’t expecting that one.
+ Read more- Read less
He [Dr. Bonaventura] was very nice and loves to talk. He will answer all of your questions. He is knowledgeable about invocell and and medical knowledge that comes with fertility treatments. He is not great at communication outside of the office. I was sick and it took him a day to even respond to my message...You barely see the doctors unless it's an important procedure (transfer, retrieval). They get you in and out as quick as possible.
They [Family Beginnings] are financially feasible. They aren't great with communication and they have way too many patients for them to handle at times. They don't treat you like you are their only patient...They [nurses] are super busy. They are not able to Fully explain things and leave lots of room To potentially make mistakes. I had to call daily to ask questions that were never talked about. They rush off the phone and don't call when they say they will. I never had an email for them or even personal numbers. I had to call for my results for my blood work myself.
How was your experience with Leo Bonaventura at Family Beginnings?
He was very nice and loves to talk. He will answer all of your questions. He is knowledgeable about invocell and and medical knowledge that comes with fertility treatments. He is not great at communication outside of the office. I was sick and it took him a day to even respond to my message.
Stay on top of everything. Ask questions. Expect to not see him much.
The clinic wants to get you in fast. You barely see the doctors unless it's an important procedure (transfer, retrieval). They get you in and out as quick as possible.
Letrozole and ovidrel. Gonal f for stims. PIO injections and progesterone suppositories. Birth control before month of stims.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Family Beginnings. (Assigned nurse: Kim and Gia)
They are super busy. They are not able to Fully explain things and leave lots of room To potentially make mistakes. I had to call daily to ask questions that were never talked about. They rush off the phone and don't call when they say they will. I never had an email for them or even personal numbers. I had to call for my results for my blood work myself.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
They are financially feasible. They aren't great with communication and they have way too many patients for them to handle at times. They don't treat you like you are their only patient- so know yourself and get as educated as possible on what to expect through the process.
$8,000 for invocell and meds. All out of Pocket. My insurance covered nothing here.
He suggests only two. Is okay to place only one if that is your choice.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
Even in their busyiest season, he [Dr. James Donahue] made time to have one-on-one conversations with us to make sure we felt comfortable and agreed with the care plan...experience and passion for fertility medicine and professionalism in assisting couples like us start a family left us feeling very confident in sticking with him through two surgical procedures and an unsuccessful IUI procedure...does a very thorough job explaining his processes, his beliefs, and his plan...INVOcell fertilization regimen including pharmaceuticals, labs, procedures... so caring and compassionate to my husband and I
With both a south and north side Indianapolis office, Family Beginnings was able to be as flexible as possible to save us from extra miles traveled for treatment and consultations. The medical exam and procedure rooms at the north office were terrific and more than adequately outfit...Dr. Donahue and his whole team of office personnel, fertility nurses, and embryologists were so caring and compassionate to my husband and I. Even in their busyiest season, he made time to have one-on-one conversations with us to make sure we felt comfortable and agreed with the care plan...INVOcell fertilization regimen including pharmaceuticals, la
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Other
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
Dr. Donahue’s experience and passion for fertility medicine and professionalism in assisting couples like us start a family left us feeling very confident in sticking with him through two surgical procedures and an unsuccessful IUI procedure.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions and communicate if there’s anything that feels overwhelming or like informational overload. This can be a lot of brand new info for couples going through these types of appointments for the first time, but Dr. Donahue does a very thorough job explaining his processes, his beliefs, and his plan.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
INVOcell fertilization regimen including pharmaceuticals, labs, procedures totaled &lt;$7,500
+ Read more- Read less

Dr D [Donahue] is a great guy he cares about his patients, he explains everything to you with video pictures and literature. He wants to make sure you fully understand everything. When I got a failed cycle he called me and emailed me so we xould talk about what we should do next and he was sorry it didn't work.... My protocol was low dose hormones I produced 12 eggs they retrieved 9 and 6 fertilized they put 6 in the device and 3 made it out they transferred all 3 I received a positive test at 9 days past transfer but shortly after started bleeding he did recommend doing a frozen cycle with the next cycle.
The clinic [Family Beginnings] is good clean and professional you are greeted with a warm smile. Sometimes you do have to wait but that should be expected with any doctors office. Their nurses are friendly and supportive and willing to take the time to explain everything to you... I did invocell the procedure cost 4500, meds were 1200, plus the other Dr apts it came out to be 8000 for everything... Kim is great maybe over loaded at times but she is good at what she does
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
Dr D is a great guy he cares about his patients, he explains everything to you with video pictures and literature. He wants to make sure you fully understand everything. When I got a failed cycle he called me and emailed me so we xould talk about what we should do next and he was sorry it didn't work.
Make sure to write everything down
They were always warm welcoming explained everything to you made sure you understood everything.
My protocol was low dose hormones I produced 12 eggs they retrieved 9 and 6 fertilized they put 6 in the device and 3 made it out they transferred all 3 I received a positive test at 9 days past transfer but shortly after started bleeding he did recommend doing a frozen cycle with the next cycle. We currently can't afford to try a second round at this time.
Kim is great maybe over loaded at times but she is good at what she does
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
The clinic is good clean and professional you are greeted with a warm smile. Sometimes you do have to wait but that should be expected with any doctors office. Their nurses are friendly and supportive and willing to take the time to explain everything to you
Dr D goes with how you embryos look, with mine they were 3 of them and he choose to transfer all three in hopes one would take he only prefers to transfer no more than 2

Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Donahue is a very nice, down to earth doctor. He explains everything to you, so it's easy to understand. Makes sure he answers any questions...is very open and will answer any and all questions. He explains risks, discusses options and has always been very friendly and available. He got us in immediately both times we experienced problems/miscarriage.
[Nurse at Family Beginnings] Very friendly, available, open to any questions, supportive... About $2000/per IUI cycle with meds...Strengths: communication to patient, availability, quickness of appointments, all employees are supportive, many treatment options available, including InvoCELL, response time to phone calls/voicemails Weakness: communication between north and south office
Other, Prefer not to answer
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
Dr. Donahue is very open and will answer any and all questions. He explains risks, discusses options and has always been very friendly and available. He got us in immediately both times we experienced problems/miscarriage.
Come with questions and expect answers! Be ready to explore options.
1. 5mg femara cd3-5. 50iu gonal f cd5-9, ovidrel, IUI, 200mg progesterone suppositories 2. 5mg femara cd3-5. 75iu gonal f cd5-9, ovidrel, IUI, 200mg progesterone suppositories 3. 5mg femara cd3-5. 150iu gonal f. cd5-7, 75 IU gonal f cd8-9, ovidrel, IUI, 200mg progesterone suppositories
Gia is just like Dr. Donahue. Very friendly, available, open to any questions, supportive
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
No insurance coverage for fertility services. About $2000/per IUI cycle with meds.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Donahue] is a wonderful listener, top notch skills, gentle, understanding, available, cost effective. He loves to talk and explains himself and the situation. He is always positive and honest. Going thru a positive and a miscarriage at 10 weeks, he was amazing ... Femara for 5 days and gonal f Injections for retrieval. PIO shots and 6mg estrace for transfers
No weaknesses besides nurses are too busy. Clean, 2 locations [Family Beginnings] nice staff. Good prices. Great lab. South location isnt as nice as north but nothing to complain about. Equipment was good as well. I have had a great experience ... She was available to answer any questions. Understanding. Talked to dr d with any questions or concerns.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
He is a wonderful listener, top notch skills, gentle, understanding, available, cost effective. He loves to talk and explains himself and the situation. He is always positive and honest. Going thru a positive and a miscarriage at 10 weeks, he was amazing
Ask questions
He listens, goes above and beyond, always available
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
No weaknesses besides nurses are too busy. Clean, 2 locations nice staff. Good prices. Great lab. South location isnt as nice as north but nothing to complain about. Equipment was good as well. I have had a great experience
Retrieval was total 9k with meds. Transfer 2500
He was on board with patients choice
+ Read more- Read less

He [Dr. Donahue] was very informative with details and videos and scientific results. He answered all of our questions thoroughly. He was very down to earth and sensitive to our situation. It felt like he actually cared about us rather than us being a number in his clinic.... He discussed with us the new invocell process and mapped out what an ivf calendar and process will look like. He also showed us what other elective tests he does in order to have a higher success rate for a healthy baby.
Everyone there [Family Beginnings] was so kind and warm, it was really great! They focused on you individually and weren’t distracted. They were very informative and answered all of our questions thoroughly and not rushed.... He [Dr. Will] discussed with us the new invocell process and mapped out what an ivf calendar and process will look like. He also showed us what other elective tests he does in order to have a higher success rate for a healthy baby.
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
He was very informative with details and videos and scientific results. He answered all of our questions thoroughly. He was very down to earth and sensitive to our situation. It felt like he actually cared about us rather than us being a number in his clinic.
Ask him lots of questions
He was very personable and easy to talk to. He showed us videos of procedures also.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Family Beginnings. (Assigned nurse: Sherrie Eoff )
She was so nice and caring and supportive. She made the visit calming for us.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
Everyone there was so kind and warm, it was really great! They focused on you individually and weren’t distracted. They were very informative and answered all of our questions thoroughly and not rushed.
So far it was for a consultation and some blood work for me.
None

Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr Boneventira was very compassionate and he believe do strongly in his treatment plans. I do feel like sometimes he used terms not everyone would understand regarding treatments and infertility. I only understood him because I’ve gone through treatment for so long.... He took into consideration our specific history and hurdles in recommending treatment.
This clinic [Family Beginnings- Indianapolis North] really cares about it’s patients. One weakness is you need to be very organized and informed about your treatment because they are a very busy clinic and some things can fall through the cracks.... With our IUI cycle he used an ovulation suppressant bc is ovulated prematurely before with other doctors. Otherwise, treatment was kept the same.
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
How was your experience with Leo Bonaventura at Family Beginnings?
Go in with questions and take good notes.
Kim was super compassionate and had a heart for her patient’s success.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
This clinic really cares about it’s patients. One weakness is you need to be very organized and informed about your treatment because they are a very busy clinic and some things can fall through the cracks.
I don’t remember exact costs but it was less than prior treatment with other doctors.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Donahue is thoughtful and takes time for patients. He makes himself available for questions and explains everything. He offers his email address and home phone number for emergencies, too. He is friendly when dealing with me and my husband.... We began small, with medicated cycles, then IUI. When I had pelvic pain the Dr. was very responsive and we discovered my endometriosis. Now we are doing a cycle with InvoCell.
Nurses [at Family Beginnings] were kind and took time. They emphasized that I should call them if I had any questions at all and not worry if I was bothering them.... Fair price, great doctors, great nurses. The staff is kind and compassionate. Patients should ask a lot of questions, just as general rule of practice with any doctor. They give you great protocol information and pricing sheets.
Latino, Other
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
Write down questions prior to appointments and call if you think of anything later.
The doctor is very down to earth and takes time with patients.
Nurses were kind and took time. They emphasized that I should call them if I had any questions at all and not worry if I was bothering them.
10 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological
He [Dr. James Donahue] will spend as long as needed with you to make sure you understand everything and don't have any questions. He called personally after our IVF cycle to let us know that our egg didn't fertilize. He was willing to try different protocols to find something that would work... we used both Lupron protocols and neither one worked for us. he was open to trying a go aggressive approach after I did another round with a Dr out of state and had better success
they [Family Beginnings] have their own lab so that is very convenient and they have offices on both sides of time which makes it easier for getting to appointments . they are able to get you in to see the doctor fairly quickly... the nurse isn't the greatest and can come across very short sometimes but she gets things done... we used both Lupron protocols and neither one worked for us. he was open to trying a go aggressive approach after I did another round with a Dr out of state and had better success
10 IUI, 4 IVF, 4 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Immunological
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
He will spend as long as needed with you to make sure you understand everything and don't have any questions. He called personally after our IVF cycle to let us know that our egg didn't fertilize. He was willing to try different protocols to find something that would work
go in with questions and he will make sure they are all answered
He spent a lot of time going over things with us making sure we understood everything since this was our first round of IVF.
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
they have their own lab so that is very convenient and they have offices on both sides of time which makes it easier for getting to appointments . they are able to get you in to see the doctor fairly quickly
they are in line with other providers in the area
+ Read more- Read less

The minute you walk through the door, you just feel warm and welcomed. Dr. Donahue explained in great detail the process, the pros, the cons. He made me feel comfortable and I wasn't treated just a number. He answered any questions I had and listened to every concern.... The waiting room [at Family Beginnings- Indianapolis North] was nice and very welcoming. While waiting, I never once felt awkward. The clinic as a whole was well organized and everyone worked as a team! They were a great team and that's important in treatment I feel
The waiting room [at Family Beginnings- Indianapolis North] was nice and very welcoming. While waiting, I never once felt awkward. The clinic as a whole was well organized and everyone worked as a team! They were a great team and that's important in treatment I feel!... The minute you walk through the door, you just feel warm and welcomed. Dr. Donahue explained in great detail the process, the pros, the cons. He made me feel comfortable and I wasn't treated just a number. He answered any questions I had and listened to every concern.
How was your experience with James Donahue at Family Beginnings?
He's a great doctor and ibwould say that they're in good hands!
He made sure I understood everything that was said about treatment. He was down to earth and just made you feel welcomed and like you were in good hands!
They were excellent!
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
The waiting room was nice and very welcoming. While waiting, I never once felt awkward. The clinic as a whole was well organized and everyone worked as a team! They were a great team and that's important in treatment I feel!
The grand total was around the $10,000 mark. I can't specify exactly what cost what.

2006 - 2012
Dr. Donahue is knowledgeable and passionate about his work! He took time to explain the details to us. I remember our first consultation and we were there for such a long time while he explained the entire process to us.... Kind, compassionate, but like most clinics they [Family Beginnings] are very busy. However, we were never treated like a number, always treated like humans going through an emotional process. Would highly recommend Family Beginnings practice.
Kind, compassionate, but like most clinics they [Family Beginnings] are very busy. However, we were never treated like a number, always treated like humans going through an emotional process. Would highly recommend Family Beginnings practice.... Dr. Donahue is knowledgeable and passionate about his work! He took time to explain the details to us. I remember our first consultation and we were there for such a long time while he explained the entire process to us.
2006 - 2012
Quirky but awesome
Very personal and caring
Describe your experience with Family Beginnings.
Kind, compassionate, but like most clinics they are very busy. However, we were never treated like a number, always treated like humans going through an emotional process. Would highly recommend Family Beginnings practice.