Fertility and Endocrine Associates

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
4123 Dutchmans Parkway
Louisville, KY 40207
502-897-2144
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility and Endocrine Associates to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 11Neutral: 2Don't recommend: 19.3
2 doctors
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
The clinic [Fertility and Endocrine Associates] is very flexible with appointments. They are a one stop shop, there is a lab and an embryologist in the office, they have US machines. The clinic does not allow children, so they are understanding of the possible triggers women with infertility and loss go through.... Dr. Krause was on vacation and Dr. Homm called to give me lab results and was very harsh and told me The plan Dr. Krause and I had wouldn’t work that I needed donor eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
The clinic is very flexible with appointments. They are a one stop shop, there is a lab and an embryologist in the office, they have US machines. The clinic does not allow children, so they are understanding of the possible triggers women with infertility and loss go through.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Miriam Krause at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Dr. Krause is very caring. She understand my needs and wants, and does not try to push me into anything I’m not comfortable with. She listens to me. The hospital staff who worked with her during my hysteroscopy were very impressed with her bedside manors.
Everyone I’ve come in contact with has been very nice and caring.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
How was your experience with Miriam Krause at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
She is not pushy, she lets me make an informed decision. She calls to check on me, and was very caring during my miscarriage. I feel like she is really rooting for me, and is understanding of my losses and infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Miriam Krause at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Chose her. She is caring and compassionate.
Describe the protocols Miriam Krause used in your cycles at Fertility and Endocrine Associates and their degree of success.
I was referred to Dr. Krause after my 2nd missed miscarriage in a row. She ran additional repeat loss labs that me OB didn’t. She performed a saline US. She had me take birth control pills prior to my hysteroscopy to help thin my lining. She performed my hysterectomy, I wore a foley catch in my uterus for 5 days, and took estrogen for weeks after my surgery. I took probers to get my cycle back. I had another Saline US and we were cleared to TTC. I had an annovulatory cycle followed by a very long cycle, so we did 50mg clomid, Trigger shot and timed intercourse, that cycle didn’t work so I tried 100mg clomid, Trigger shot of pregnyl and timed intercouse, that cycle was negative do I had an hsg then I took a 4 month break from the RE, after the break she called to check on me, and we decided my husband needed a Sperm analysis. It was fine. We did 100mg of clomid, Trigger shot and timed intercourse and got a BFP. She check 2 betas, and an US at 6w4d, baby did not have a heartbeat. She rechecked US 1 week later baby still did not have a heartbeat. I stopped my progesterone, and she gave me a prescription for cytotec and pain meds to induce the mc if I desired. I miscarried at home naturally and she wrote orders to have to baby genetically tested. Baby had an extra chromosome. We took 5 months off from medicated cycles continued to try on our own. I did 2 more clomid cycles with trigger and timed intercourse, and I am now on my first Femara cycle with a trigger and timed intercourse. Dr. Krause has given us the option of ivf with pgs, donor eggs, or donor embryos, but we have no infertility coverage so she is willing to let us go as little or as much as we want.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Miriam Krause at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
Clomid $30, Trigger shot $90, insurance covered US and visits bc of how the coded them. I had to pay my deductabile and 10% after for my hysteroscopy. My HSG was covered bc I had met my deductible. The sperm Analysis was $150.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
They [Fertility and Endocrine Associates] do have a rule of no children at the office to be sensitive to waiting patients. Also no scented perfume or lotion... All of the costs for specimen cleaning and IUI were relatively appropriate. I was never sucker punched into expensive cost. I remember sitting down with the Financial Coordinator for IVF and walking away kind of surprised that there were so many Financial options and that it was a little cheaper than I thought it was going to be.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
They do have a rule of no children at the office to be sensitive to waiting patients. Also no scented perfume or lotion which I was originally a little bit weird but when it came time to drop off our specimen I didn't want anything to interfere with it! So I understand.
She is always polite. She explains herself during treatments and while discussing the plan of care. She has never made me feel uncomfortable.
The majority of the time I saw Ray when I was at the office. She was awesome!!! we talked about everything! Her recent marriage, her nieces, my nephews, my dogs. Also, Mandy at the front desk always complimented me on my rings or nail polish or hair. Very sweet! Karen has also been very nice and helpful.
From the very first appointment that I had with Dr. Krause she made eye contact, sat beside me not in front me, and made an entire written care plan that went from best case scenario to worst case scenario. We immediately started with blood work and she started working on my diagnosis and just like that the care plan was implemented. I have always felt very comfortable telling her the good, bad, and ugly of my emotions, side effects, and both me and my husband's feelings about where we were in the care plan. During the almost two years I've been with Dr. Krause, we have had ups and downs including delays, accidentally dropped very expensive medication, surgery, extremely uncomfortable procedures but all in all I feel most comfortable with her.
This is a funny question because unfortunately I know many women who have difficulties conceiving and I highly recommend Dr. Krauss every time. I explained that I've been to other doctors, and she is the only one that makes me feel relaxed, comfortable and has fought so hard for a diagnosis for me. She's really the whole package! My advice is always for them to find somebody that you're comfortable with, at least have a consultation and you'll know then.
Since I had already started fertility medications with another physician that did not turned out to be successful, Dr. Krause immediately explained her rationale for a different medication and planof attack. I was convinced so we started on femara. She explained that it was not FDA-approved for the route that we were going to be taking, but in her experience had seen a lot of success. She explained that she understood if we were uncomfortable moving forward since it was not FDA-approved. I truly believe she would have altered the plan of care she was not trying to persuade me out of my comfort zone at all. She also ensured she would check for ovulation with ultrasound technique versus blood work which was what I had previously been doing. When after several months of treatments, positive follicle growth, and positive ovulation, she decided to become more invasive with finding out the reason as to why I had not been conceiving. This is when she order the hsg test to check for blocked tubes. In discovering that my right tube was completely blocked we scheduled surgery. The surgery was successful and that my tube is now open, we (myself, her, and my husband) decided that we would try timed intercourse 2 months on our own before we would move to IUI. After two failed rounds of IUI my husband and I decided to take a break. Dr. Krause explained that she thinks that we are good candidates for IVF and during this break we are saving money so we can hopefully afford IVF one day.
Describe Miriam Krause's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
Dr. Krause said that she is not comfortable doing more than a 2 Embryo transfer for IVF due to complications that might arise. At first I was a little disappointed because of my age (32) and I have been wanting a baby for many years so I wanted as many babies as I possibly could, as fast as I could. But I understand her success rate is higher with these numbers which means my success rate would be higher if I take her advice and only transfer one or two embryos at a time. When talking with her about all of the options she is very knowledgeable about the latest methods and her comfort level which is refreshing.
Louisville
They [Fertility and Endocrine Associates] are very timely in returning calls and try their best to accommodate schedules. The office staff are very friendly and actually remember you, which is nice. They remember things about our families, workplace and etc which make you feel as though they really care.... They do a “Heros Discount” for servicmen/women, so we took advantage of that.... Monitoring appointments were easily scheduled. They were able to work with our schedules.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
They are very timely in returning calls and try their best to accommodate schedules. The office staff are very friendly and actually remember you, which is nice. They remember things about our families, workplace and etc which make you feel as though they really care. On some occasions they are short staffed and the wait can be a bit longer than expected.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Dr Homm was very kind and positive. He made me feel at ease during all procedures.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility and Endocrine Associates. (Assigned nurse: Dr Devine)
Dr Devine was very warm mannered and always took time to answer questions. I tend to worry and she was very reassuring.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
How was your experience with Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Dr Homm was very kind and positive. He also was very flexible and willing to change his schedule around to accommodate whatever would increase chances of success. Initially I was scheduled for one date for retrieval, however, my body responded super quick so he rearranged to move my surgery up by a week. This would result in a weekend transfer which he was willing to do despite the fact they would be closed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Ask questions. He is more than willing to answer, so don’t shy away from doing so.
Describe the protocols Robert Homm used in your cycles at Fertility and Endocrine Associates and their degree of success.
My first cycle: I was placed on 3 vials of menopur per night but later decreased to 2. I was prescribed estrogen tablets as well as estrogen gel. This was a frozen cycle so i began progesterone suppositories prior to transfer. Second cycle: i was prescribed 3 vials of Menopur per night. My body responded well but I did not decrease this time. My follies were growing extremely fast so my retrieval had to be moved up. I was a tad concerned I did not decrease (due to the growth rate) and unfortunately during retrieval, many had overmatured. I began progesterone in oil injections the night of retrieval. I was not prescribed estrogen tabs this time, but was prescribed the gel. However, i began the gel 3 days prior to retrieval so with the retrieval being pushed up, I am not sure if my body had enough time to respond before transfer. This part was out of anyone’s control.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
My fresh transfer cost a little over $4000 and my frozen cost a bit over $10000. They do a “Heros Discount” for servicmen/women, so we took advantage of that. I remember ICSI cost appx $1K, thawing (for frozen embryos) cost appx $250, assisted hatching cost appx $450.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, PCOS
The office staff [Fertility and Endocrine Associates] was super helpful in scheduling my appointments around work and traffic. Staff was consistent, the same friendly people. Billing questions were answered with returned calls in a timely way.... The nursing staff was always friendly and welcoming. They were available for questions almost all the time. It was nice to see the same familiar faces every time. Consistency was important.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
My only complaint is how far away from home the clinic was, but it was definitely worth the traffic and drive. The office staff was super helpful in scheduling my appointments around work and traffic. Staff was consistent, the same friendly people. Billing questions were answered with returned calls in a timely way.
We spent a year doing ovulation medication and trigger shots because we were trying everything possible before IVF became our answer. Dr. Krause let me go at my speed and made sure I was the one making the decisions after she shared the information and provided every little detail I would need. After our attempts produced a pregnancy that ended up failing, we kept trying. It was evident that IVF was our next step but again, Dr. Krause let me and my husband make that decision. We were scared of the price of IVF and there was no guarantee it would work the first time. Dr. Krause was very confident that if we tried IVF, it would be a success. She was confident so we were too.
After trying to conceive for a year under the guidance of my OB-GYN and knowing there were some irregularities and obstacles, my husband and I took the leap and scheduled an appointment with Fertility and Endocrine Associates. I had a friend that had seen Dr. Homm and had success with their three boys! I remember calling and asking for an appointment with Dr. Homm and I was told his schedule was super packed and it would be quite a while until there was an opening. It turned out that there was a newer doctor who had recently joined the office and her schedule was not quite as full (yet!) and could see us much sooner. I decided, we wanted to get started as soon as possible and Dr. Krause turned out to be unbelievably amazing!!!!! Dr Krause walked us through each procedure and made sure we understood even if we weren’t asking questions. After our loss, she was honestly more emotional than me which allowed me to feel my heartache instead of being tough for the sake of procedures.
Listen. Listen to her ideas and weigh the options. She will always let you decide but she has so much information and insight to share.
We chose to use ovulation medication before we considered IVF. I used letrazol/femera for 6 rounds (months) before IVF was our solution. The ovulation medication was the financially safe way to try controlling some variables.
Louisville Repeodictive was $10,000 Medication was around $3000 And Fertility&Endocrine was $7,000
Dr Krause gave us lots of information on single vs multiple embryo transfers. The embryo I used had a 50 percent chance of working and using another would raise our percent of success to 55 but could also lead to twins. My husband was not a fan of the idea of twins and Dr Krause was sure to be honest about the risks.
Louisville
Everyone I have encountered at Dr. Krause office [Fertility and Endocrine Associates- Louisville] have always been very friendly and nice.... The cost for iui is expensive and I was able to pay on a month to month basis... Being able to get an appointment when needed and them getting back with you in a timely manner about results or after a voicemail. They have been patient with me on paying my bill because my insurance now does not cover any infertility treatment. The clinic is nice and clean and recently updated.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
She was always very welcoming in the office and on the phone. I never felt rushed she always took the time to answer all our questions. Very sweet person!
Everyone I have encountered at Dr. Krause office have always been very friendly and nice.
The first time we met Dr. Krause I felt that she Was very patient with us. We did not feel rushed and she answered all of our questions. Although we have only completed 3 IUI due to my husbands inability to provide a sample each time due to a spinal cord injury we have waned to try severe more times. Dr. Krause and her office staff was always so understanding when we would call can cancel 30 minuets before our appointment because of this issue and never made us feel like it was our fault even though it was. She would always call and let me know that she was there if we needed anything and that we could change our course of action at any time. Dr. Krause is awesome and I would recommend any of my friends or family to her.
You will love her. She is very personable and she does not act like she knows more than you. You would not know she is a doctor because she talks to you like a friend would and is very passionate about her profession and patients.
On our first visit she discussed our treatment options. She suggested we start with IUI because my lab results was great and nothing indicated differently at this time. The issue we have is my husband has a spinal cord injury and has a low sperm count. We tried IUI without medications and then IUI with medication and still no success at this time.
The cost for iui is expensive and I was able to pay on a month to month basis
2014 - 2017
I like them [Fertility and Endo Assoc] a lot. All the staff have been positive and supportive. I am on a first name basis with almost everyone there. I can feel how much they care...[nursing staff] Overall, very happy which is saying a lot since I wasn't always in the best mood. They worked to get to know me and helped keep me positive....They billed insurance as much as possible. Even though my insurance won't cover infertility they did cover a few services.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
I like them a lot. All the staff have been positive and supportive. I am on a first name basis with almost everyone there. I can feel how much they care.
Dr. Krause got to know me by taking the time to listen and show genuine concern for me as a person. She noticed when my mood changed and spent the time to be there to help. She has cried tears of joy with me when I finally got pregnant and hugged me when the results were negative. She remained in contact with me and my OB throughout my pregnancy because she truly cares about her patients.
She is intelligent, gifted at her profession, compassionate, and patient. Dr. Krause never talked down to me, was never rushed, and provided wonderful care. I looked forward to my visits because she was always able to calm me while providing me with correct information and realistic expectations. I knew she was great, but after talking to other infertile couples, I learned that not all REs were nearly as wonderful.
Be yourself and ask any question. But really don't they need my advice, she will take care of them.
It is hard to remember all of this. I used Letrozole with an HCG IM trigger shot each of my IUIs and progesterone suppositories to follow. My follicle growth was on track with each. I did a single IVF retrieval and while there was a time I could tell you ever med, it is all a fog now. I did not transfer fresh due to a blood test that sugggested my uterus was not in time with the embryos. I later transferred a single embryo after BC pill suppression, Estrodial, Estrogel, progesterone suppositories and IM. I had a successful pregnancy. Most recent FET was a noncarriage (negative pregnancy test). Will increase estrogen on next cycle to address uterine lining being slightly thinner than preferred.
I think within average. They billed insurance as much as possible. Even though my insurance won't cover infertility they did cover a few services.
Due to my medical condition eSET is the only option. Dr. Krause would not allow anything else as it would put me and children at very high risk.
None, Other
The clinic [Fertility and Endocrine Associates] overall was good about getting back to us I did have a couple of problems trying to get the financial counselor to call us back cuz we had more questions and needed to get some more information to prepare for a tubal reversal or IVF had trouble getting that bag but other than that they're all pretty much good and very attentive and responsible about calling you back if need be... The nursing staff was very nice and kind and explain everything they were going to do
None, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
The clinic overall was good about getting back to us I did have a couple of problems trying to get the financial counselor to call us back cuz we had more questions and needed to get some more information to prepare for a tubal reversal or IVF had trouble getting that bag but other than that they're all pretty much good and very attentive and responsible about calling you back if need be
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
He was very respectful and answer all my questions and explained everything to me and what my next steps were to try ivf or do a tubul reversal
The nursing staff was very nice and kind and explain everything they were going to do before they did it answered any questions that we had that the doctor had answered yet the front desk person was very nice and organized and got us all the paperwork we needed and help us fill out anything that we had questions on
How was your experience with Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
He was very nice and easy to talk to he explained everything to me and went over everything and suggesed we do ivf or a tubul reversal and to speak to the financial department. We went through all my results together explain each thing to me we went over my hCG test that show that my flesh and clips were off and that they were close so either have to do IVF or tubal reversal and he explained everything to me including the risk and the benefits of each one it was very understanding and very helpful in us making our decision I would definitely recommend him to any number of people
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
To come prepared with any test results that you already have any kind of testing that you have done and he would explain everything to you and write down all your questions that you would have for him so you can get everything answered while you're there
Describe the protocols Robert K. Hunter II used in your cycles at Fertility and Endocrine Associates and their degree of success.
The only thing I've had done so far is an hsg test which shows if your fallopian tubes are open or blocked mine are blocked so they have to be reopened with a tubal reversal or try IVF to conceive another child he was very understanding and helping us decide between which one would like to do and I understand the cost of everything and tell us what the risk and benefits
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert K. Hunter II at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
How to pay a $50 consultation fee upfront I don't have insurance that covers fertility treatment I'm so for IVF it was $14,000 up front plus whatever medications and stuff you had to have and then my tubal reversal would be 4000 to $5,000 it plus I have facility in hospital fees
Robert K. Hunter II
Endometriosis, PCOS
Trish and amanda [nurses at Fertility and Endocrine Associates] knew us by name and our situation when we walked in the door. Yes they had our chart, but they know their patients as individuals. They even remember the personal details not related that you discuss in conversation...Our insurance covers nothing for fertility. Dr Archer adjusts for this...The clinic is made up of Dr Archer, Amanda, Trish and the nurse practitioner.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
The clinic is made up of Dr Archer, Amanda, Trish and the nurse practitioner. Everything I've shared previous to this describes it all! It's small and we loved that.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Dr Archer didn't speak with typical medical jargon. She spoke to us in terms we understood and explained everything in detail. My family has a history of ovarian/breast cancer and she has also encouraged me for the BRCA test. She's more than a doctor, she cares about her patients.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility and Endocrine Associates. (Assigned nurse: Amanda and Trish )
Trish and amanda knew us by name and our situation when we walked in the door. Yes they had our chart, but they know their patients as individuals. They even remember the personal details not related that you discuss in conversation. Needless to say, they'll be getting lots of pictures and updates in our family future!
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Dr Archer speaks quickly, so she can be hard to follow at times. However, she takes her time with you and explains things thoroughly. Your success is her goal and she will do the research and make any changes necessary to adjust to your needs. She's also proactive with the latest studies. We love her and will go to her again when we are ready to use our frozen embryos!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Johanna S. Archer at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Ask questions! She's super open and a wealth of knowledge.
Describe the protocols Johanna S. Archer used in your cycles at Fertility and Endocrine Associates and their degree of success.
Dr Archer found I had scar tissue that had damaged my tubes from and appendectomy 15 years prior to seeing her. (Something my obgyn missed in the laporoscopy she preformed for what she had merely diagnosed endometriosis). Dr Archer did another laporoscopy with the help of another doctor who she felt would greatly assist in "fixing" my tubes and with ovarian drilling. We took a year off but dr Archer never gave up on us!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Johanna S. Archer at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
Our insurance covers nothing for fertility. Dr Archer adjusts for this.
Describe Johanna S. Archer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
Statistics showed that with 2 transfer, we had a 65% chance of success with 45% chance of twins, vs 1 transfer at only 45% chance of success. She gave us the statistics and left it completely up to us.
Johanna S. Archer
Louisville
This was the first time I had ever visited a fertility clinic and the first impression for me was HUGE. The facility [Fertility and Endocrine Associates] was small and homely and the environment was friendly and pleasant. My first visit was a consultation and the room felt comfortable and the doctor sat right beside me. It was almost like I was visiting a friend. These visits are difficult. Its not quite like going to see a doctor for a stomach bug, it is far more personal than that. You share intimate details about your life, your partner, your goals and your future. They are sensitive to that and treat you like a human being with real concerns, real emotions and real goals. You are not a number to be forgotten.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
This was the first time I had ever visited a fertility clinic and the first impression for me was HUGE. The facility was small and homely and the environment was friendly and pleasant. My first visit was a consultation and the room felt comfortable and the doctor sat right beside me. It was almost like I was visiting a friend. These visits are difficult. Its not quite like going to see a doctor for a stomach bug, it is far more personal than that. You share intimate details about your life, your partner, your goals and your future. They are sensitive to that and treat you like a human being with real concerns, real emotions and real goals. You are not a number to be forgotten.
I was referred to Fertility & Endocrine Associates by my OBGYN in 2015. I first met with Dr.Kit Devine for a consultation. The facility and staff were very kind and accommodating. In the absence of Dr.Kit Devine I was seen by Dr.Miriam Krausse. Dr. Krausse took the time to review my history in the absence of Dr.Kit Devine and provided me with excellent service. She not only performed the ultrasounds to check for ovulation after rounds of medication, she took the time to explain everything as she did it. Sometimes it can be difficult to understand things a doctor is telling you, particularly in high stress and emotional situations such as infertility. She offered me reassurance and guidance towards the next steps on our infertility journey. I had some concerns that my primary physician Dr.Kit Devine was absent but Dr.Krausse quickly eased my concerns. I left that day feeling hopeful and determined.
The nursing staff I saw primarily took my weight, blood pressure and some blood work. They were very friendly and clearly explained what they were doing and why. If they reviewed any medical history with me they were sure to note everything I told them. They were very thorough in collecting the needed information.
One thing that I greatly enjoyed about the care given to me by Dr.Krause was her explanation of what I was seeing during the ultrasound. Sure, a patient just sees a grainy image but she pointed out every little thing and if I had a question she was quick to answer and explained it in a way that I could easily understand. It is often that patients get textbook responses to questions and they walk away confused with more questions than they possibly had going in to see their physician. I left the office with little to no questions and I knew exactly what the next steps would be and I also had a good idea of what those steps would entail financially.
Don't be afraid to ask any questions. She thoroughly explains everything if you ask and she will explain it in a way that is easy for you to understand. It is better to be more informed. Something you might feel is a stupid question or something about your medical history that you might consider irrelevant can actually be mind opening!
Initially I saw Dr. Kit Devine and towards the end I was seen by Dr. Miriam Krause. Dr. Kit Devine initially did some bloodwork and ultrasounds and a thorough medical review. I had all of my records sent to them from my OBGYN, Dr. Jacqueline Riely of OBGYN and Associates and from my endocrinologist, Dr. Lohano at Joslin Diabetes Center. We reviewed my condition together, prolactinoma which included blood work, MRIs and more. She developed a plan to start me on Chlomid along with my current dosage of Bromocryptine (this medication prescribed by my endocrinologist works to lower my prolactin level. Normal range is in the teens and my level initially was 385). We tried a couple rounds of this medication along with some other medications which I believe were called Letrozol and femara. I can't recall dosages and instructions for the medications. After attempting two cycles of medication with no signs of ovulation on the pelvic ultrasound they decided to increase the dosage of medication. After my third pelvic ultrasound the findings were the same and there was still no signs of ovulation. It was concluded by Dr. Miriam Krause that the medication was not strong enough to induce ovulation and that I would have the most success moving on to injectables with IUI or IVF.
The pelvic ultrasounds were around $200 and I believe I had 3. My office visits were $22 and I believe I might have been seen around 4 or more times. The only other costs I incurred would have possibly been my consultation fee and my medication although my medication cost would have been from a local pharmacy and not their practice.
After a third unsuccessful attempt with medications I was information for IUI and IVF. I thoroughly reviewed the information given to me and I clearly understood the process. For the medications I was also given a list of a variety of pharmacies so that I could compare costs. I liked that in the explanation of embryo transfer they mentioned that sometimes they have to make the tough call to cancel a cycle if it doesn't appear to be working. They said unfortunately sometimes fertilization and implementation does not occur and they will cancel a cycle and hold a thorough review of that cycle. They review the cycles success and how it progressed so that modifications can be made to the next cycle if need be. It was even mentioned that IVF technology does change and that could even result in changes to a patients treatment.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Krause always spends the amount of time we need for questions, even if the office is busy...The office staff [at Fertility and Endocrine Associates] is very kind and helpful. They always work super hard to get me in at convenient times for my schedule, even if it means squeezing me in between procedures. I am always back to see Dr. Krause within 15 - 20 minutes. They are very organized and efficient.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
The office staff is very kind and helpful. They always work super hard to get me in at convenient times for my schedule, even if it means squeezing me in between procedures. I am always back to see Dr. Krause within 15 - 20 minutes. They are very organized and efficient.
Dr. Krause always spends the amount of time we need for questions, even if the office is busy. She always calls me personally with test results and answers to my questions. She makes us feel at ease, and is always honest about the possible outcomes, which we appreciate very much.
The nursing staff is small, so we always see the same nurses. They are very thorough and have great bedside manner.
Dr. Krause is very kind, but doesn't sugarcoat results or treatment plans. She has also never tried to push procedures on us, or put us through unnecessary treatments. This fits our personalities perfectly. We want someone who cares, but is upfront about our chances. She makes sure we leave with the knowledge we need to make decisions correctly for us.
She is compassionate and kind, but presents the facts based on the on the medical information. If you are looking for someone who will always tell you what you want to hear, she is not the doctor for you. She will do what is best for you and recommend treatment options based on your medical history, not pricey procedures.
I had already been under the care of endocrinologists before I saw her, so she had a lot of my medical history before she even saw me. She did some initial bloodwork, and made some changes to my medications based on the results. Because of my medical history, she really wanted to get a look inside to see what was going on. After laproscopic surgery, she gave us treatment options based on what she saw. We could go with IVF, which would give us the highest chance of pregnancy but is costly. Or we could do a few rounds of iui first, which is less expensive and gives us less of a chance of pregnancy. Again, she presented these options on a neutral basis, which left us to make a decision best for us. We chose to do 3 iui cycles, and then re-evaluate. In addition to iui, she also put me on letrozole and hcg trigger shot. The first iui went fine, but I started my period too soon for an unknown reason. The second iui went well, but Dr. Krause added progesterone to prevent premature bleeding. This worked, and we currently have an active pregnancy. It is still early, but she says everything looks great. We are hopeful.
Each iui procedure cost 500, with an additional 125 for semen analysis and prep. My insurance covered office visits and surgical procedures.
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The original IVF cycle [at Fertility and Endocrine Associates] cost us around $20,000 including the meds and the ICSI procedure...The only weakness I've found has to do with billing. They switched systems, and started sending me a bill for $120, when I know that I paid in full up front, because they required me to. They can't tell me what the bill is for, because it's from their old system and they can't look it up. Other than that, I've never had a problem with anyone there.
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
I mostly saw Dr Divine while under the care of their office and I loved her. I really only dealt with Dr Homm during actual procedures. He did make me feel comfortable during those, though.
They are all very friendly and compassionate, and they all seem to have a real connection with their patients, or at least with me.
How was your experience with Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Dr Homm doesn't have the best bedside manor, but that's why I usually see Dr Divine in the office. Dr Homm does seem to be very knowledgeable and he did manage to give me the baby I wanted. I've not been as successful at having a second, though.
Know that though his demeanor can seem somewhat off putting, he's still a good doctor. If bedside manor is important to you, see Dr Divine for your visits.
I do not have a good memory for these types of things. I do not recall the specific meds that I was on for the original IVF cycle. I just know that there were injections and pills and creams. The retrieval surgery was done under general anesthesia. Then more meds to build my lining, and the transfer was done in the office. I also had a lap and D&C before we started, after a uterine fibroid was found. That was when I was also diagnosed with endometriosis. My two subsequent unsuccessful FETs included Lupron injections (I don't think that I used this for the original cycle), estrogen pills and gel, antibiotics, steroids, and crinone vaginal cream. The transfers both also took place in the office. They thawed the frozen embryos that morning I believe, made sure they expanded, and then implanted them. There were always ultrasounds done before each transfer was scheduled to check the uterus and ovaries, and then another one done a week before transfer to check the lining. Nothing was done after each failure. We still have one more embryo to transfer, and I was advised at my last appointment that they've started to also include a uterine "scrape" before each transfer now. It's a procedure done in the office that's like a mini D&C, to increase the likelihood that the embryo will stick. But I haven't had that procedure previously.
The original IVF cycle cost us around $20,000 including the meds and the ICSI procedure.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
They [Fert and Endo Associates] are all very helpful and caring. The only thing they could use is an extra hand with answering phones as they are quite busy...[Nursing staff] They are very helpful and caring anytime I enter the office. And they will do anything to answer questions. Even if they have to go get the answer for you from someone in the office....If plans change due to new details she [Dr. Justice] will start over and explain the plan to the patient and have their full understanding before moving forward and also let them make their own decision on which path to take.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
They are all very helpful and caring. The only thing they could use is an extra hand with answering phones as they are quite busy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tiffany D. Justice at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
She has sat down with me and written out a plan specifically for my husband and I. She has a personal focus on each case..
How was your experience with Tiffany D. Justice at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
She takes her time and seeks out every option in her cases. Each one is special and unique to her and she goes the extra mile to reach the goal of the patient. If plans change due to new details she will start over and explain the plan to the patient and have their full understanding before moving forward and also let them make their own decision on which path to take.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tiffany D. Justice at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
Enter your journey with dr. justice with thoughts of what you are aiming for. She will definitely help you get there with the best route!
Describe the protocols Tiffany D. Justice used in your cycles at Fertility and Endocrine Associates and their degree of success.
She looks at the whole picture. As with me and my husband she had Made certain that we are both on the correct track with no system issues. Before we move forward to using a fertility medication to help me ovulate during my cycles. I am very positive we will concieve with doctor justice's help in the next year.
Tiffany D. Justice
It's a beautiful and up to date place. They have all the necessities for a fertility treatment facility. Great doctors and care. The secretary is on point knowing all the names of patients and being super helpful. Financial coordinators weren't great with helping insurance purposes....[Nursing Staff] They were not a huge part. Mostly in the room for Doctor hunter's needs. They are willing and able to answer any questions you have.
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
Dr. Hunter is a great fertility doctor when t comes to Patient care. He is compassionate and he truly wants you to get pregnant!
He is very involved in treatment and is ready to help you in whatever way. He is willing to help you go as fast or slow in fertility treatment that you are ready for. He is super professional and knowledgeable.
Save your money for your services. Email him with any questions- he will get in touch with you ASAP. Ask him the opinions he has for treatments and not based on your wants.
Clomid and ovidrel for medicated IUI. Progesterone suppositories after treatment. Ovidrel for cyst removal.
It wasn't expensive but they tried to Get certain stuff covered by insurance.
Robert K. Hunter II
Louisville
Helpfully, friendly, supportive, great team of nurses [at Fertility and Endocrine Associates]... Our plan was/is to try insemination a few times and if that isn’t successful move to IVF. My husband’s semen analysis have all had issues so those are our best options.... Dr. Krause always makes my feel very comfortable and does an amazing job of explaing all our options and what next steps are needed. We unexpectedly conceived naturally between treatments but lost the baby at 8 weeks, she was very supportive and helpful through that very difficult time.
Helpfully, friendly, supportive, great team of nurses.
Dr. Krause has been amazing through this difficult journey. We are still in the fertility process and would highly recommend her to anyone. She always explains every step of all treatments and answers any questions or concerns we have. She was a great support through our unfortunate miscarriage and helped us decide when to start trying again.
Trust her and try to enjoy the process as much as possible.
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
The nursing staff [at Fertility and Endocrine Associates - Louisville] were always wonderful and patient no matter what the question or concern was...Prepare yourself it is not a quick process. We started this process in March we are now in October and still going through it. It takes time and patience...
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Dr. Krause and her staff are Very caring people. The first transfer was a fresh transfer the second was frozen I go for my beta tomorrow, but thus far at home I've gotten a positive pregnancy test since 4dp5dt
The nursing staff were always wonderful and patient no matter what the question or concern was.
Dr. Krause was always at the appointment and throughly explained everything. We could call her anytime day or night if there was a question.
2008 - 2010
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
It [Fertility and Endocrine Associates] was more expensive than others in this area but he can so highly recommended to us it was worth it...Everyone in the office treated me like I was the only person there. There cared about me and my husband's feelings and the feelings of other patients there....I really like how both the male and female offices are right beside each other so you can go to one location to get everything done that needs to be.
2008 - 2010
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Fertility and Endocrine Associates.
Everyone in the office treated me like I was the only person there. There cared about me and my husbands feelings and the feelings of other patients there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility and Endocrine Associates. (Assigned nurse: Kit Devine)
I love everyone in this office they are all so caring and want the best outcome for all of their patients
How was your experience with Robert Homm at Fertility and Endocrine Associates?
He is very knowledgeable he cared about me and my husband and tried everything to give us a live birth
Listen to what he tells you and ty your best to follow his instructions
It was more expensive then others in this area but he can so highly recommended to us it was worth it