Fertility Care of Orange County

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
203 North Brea Blvd
Brea, CA 92821
(714)256-0777
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Care of Orange County to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 4Neutral: 19.4
1 doctor
It [Fertility Care of OC] is a small office where the entire staff knows your name. You can get in quickly and you never wait more than a few minutes to be seen.... It’s a little more costly than others, but appears to have better results. You also have greater access to the nursing staff and doctor than other clinics. They’re up front about costs and checking with your insurance to see what is covered. I really like that it’s a small team and they can get you in without having to wait months on end.
Describe your experience with Fertility Care of Orange County.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Terence Lee at Fertility Care of Orange County?
It is a small office where the entire staff knows your name. You can get in quickly and you never wait more than a few minutes to be seen. Dr. Lee takes a comprehensive approach, looking at many aspects of your life rather than just medical history. I felt like I was really heard and my preferences and comfort were taken into account in developing a treatment plan.
Overall very strong. They all work together to answer any questions you have and provide good coordination.
How was your experience with Terence Lee at Fertility Care of Orange County?
Strong communicator and willing to be flexible with your plan based on what works for you. He explained every step as he went so you truly get an idea of what is going on and what is to come. He listened to all concerns, answered all questions, and told us to call any time we had additional questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Terence Lee at Fertility Care of Orange County?
Be aware that infertility treatments are high cost going on. Be open and honest about all concerns.
Describe the protocols Terence Lee used in your cycles at Fertility Care of Orange County and their degree of success.
Did a consultation with ultrasound, medical history, and lifestyle review first. Recommended three months of fertility drugs first and a semen analysis. If everything looked good, explained we would then proceed to IUI for 3 cycles before considering IVF. We’re currently getting ready to start our first IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Terence Lee at Fertility Care of Orange County.
Our insurance has covered the diagnostic procedures, so we’ve only been subject to the copay. Without insurance, the initial consultation is $290.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Strength [at Fertility Care of OC] is that all the nurses work together as a team. Weakness is they seem busy and do give to much information on what to do expect ect...The [nursing]girls are sweet...You can hear them on the phone with other patients...The nurse could have had a little more compassion...First initial visit was 350$ iui was 1450$ and medication was $1000 plus additional 75$ to talk to the doctor about moving to ivf..I especially love how small and uncommercial his office is. Not a stuffy place that treats you like big Business
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Fertility Care of Orange County.
Strength is that all the nurses work together as a team. Weakness is they seem busy and do give to much information on what to do expect ect.
I felt human. However it is still a business and he seems busy
The girls are sweet. A little young and still learning. That's what I got from some. You can hear them on the phone with other patients. once I heard the nurse trying to explain to a patient that her insurance doesn't cover anything. After she hung up she was mumbling with the other nurses about it. The nurse could have had a little more compassion. But I'm sure it can be trying to have the same conversation daily with new patients.
How was your experience with Terence Lee at Fertility Care of Orange County?
A very nice doctor. My husband really liked him. He did all the ultrasounds and iui. He seems busy. But that's a good thing. I loved how he throughly looked over my paper work on my initial visit. We tried and an iui and it was unsuccessful. I appreciate him not throwing a ton of unnecessary tests at me. Like a doctor before him had. I especially love how small and uncommercial his office is. Not a stuffy place that treats you like big Business
Bring all of your paperwork from previous diagnosis so he can look over. Trust him he is good at his job
I did a stimulated iui cycle using clomid and Gonal-F. I produced 8 eggs. Four on each side. I have a blocked tube on one side so we were hoping the other side would catch something. Unfortunately it was unsuccessful. Dr. Lee has recommended us to go the I ivf rought. Starting soon. Once financial arrangements are figured out.
I would say that he is about the same as most clinics around my area. Maybe slightly more. First initial visit was 350$ iui was 1450$ and medication was $1000 plus additional 75$ to talk to the doctor about moving to ivf
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for my appointment [at Fertility Care of OC], Dr. Lee conducted all of my ultrasounds/egg retrieval and egg transfer. I worked with one nurse while at his clinic.... $5,800.00 for PGS testing, $14,000 for the IVF/Frozen Transfer/Ultrasounds and bloodwork, $6,000 for IVF medication, $2,500.00 for FET medication.... can't remember how many times Julie [the nurse] calmed me down and prevented tears!
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Fertility Care of Orange County.
Honesty, compassionate staff and doctor, never having to wait more then 10 minutes for your appointment and having Dr. Lee present at every appointment. Dr. Lee had a surrogate for his first son, which made him able to relate to his patients in a compassionate manner. Sharing that with us made us feel connected to him.
I never had to wait more than 10 minutes for my appointment, Dr. Lee conducted all of my ultrasounds/egg retrieval and egg transfer. I worked with one nurse while at his clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Care of Orange County. (Assigned nurse: Julie)
I have anxiety and had a ton of anxiety and concern my cycle would fail and every time she reassured me that everything would work out and I had great chances for success. I can't remember how many times Julie calmed me down and prevented tears!
How was your experience with Terence Lee at Fertility Care of Orange County?
Dr. Lee was very to the point, honest and eased my anxiety at every appointment. When I was unsure of my IVF protocol due to a low amount of follicles he reassured me that things were fine. I'm glad I listened to him and didn't cancel my cycle.
He does some out of the box protocols and trust him with his knowledge. Also know that he works with the number one lab and embryologists in the area. He is also up to date with the most recent research and due to this only performs frozen embryo transfers since there is a higher success rate.
I did the "normal" antagonist protocol with lupron, bravelle and an HCG trigger. Dr. Lee also recommends ICSI for all his patients as well as assisted hatching. He also had me use an HCG trigger throughout my frozen embryo cycle to mimic ovulation. He also highly recommended PGS testing, which we had done on our 5 embryos. We are so happy we did because one of our 5AA graded embryos was nonviable, therefore he prevented me from having a miscarriage, had that embryo been transferred.
Describe Terence Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Care of Orange County.
He gave us an over 80% chance of implantation with a PGS tested embryo, therefore we went along with an eSET.
2010 - 2013
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Fertility Care of Orange County is] Easy to find, flexible appointment scheduling, quick response time, clean space in a private environment. Parking was convenient and easy. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable. I felt like we asked a million questions with every appointment and they patiently and appropriately addressed each one....We had one timing miscommunication with the nursing staff during an IUI cycle with injectibles and a nurse had erroneously told us the office would be closed for the holidays and we would have to repeat the cycle. We were devastated! I sent an email directly to Dr. Lee expressing my frustration and he immediately cleared things up and they were in fact available to do my IUI during the holiday. He appropriately handled the nurse who’d miscommunicated and we felt comfortable moving forward.
2010 - 2013
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Care of Orange County.
Dr. Lee took note of personal factors about each of us and related stories and plans specifically to us. My husband played baseball and he would use baseball terms. We were both educators and he would relate things to teaching. He made us feel like he personally cared and we mattered to him/his team.
How was your experience with Terence Lee at Fertility Care of Orange County?
Not only is Dr. Lee a knowledgeable professional, he was personally going through treatment with a surrogate to conceive his own child with a donor egg. He could personally and professionally relate. He was transparent and vulnerable. He remembered small details about us and references them in future appointments. He truly cared for us and our treatment/future success.
There are no dumb questions and he’s heard it all/seen it all!
It’s been seven years... I just don’t recall.
We paid approximately $25,000 out of pocket for multiple IUIs; egg retrieval and fresh embryo transfer; frozen embryo transfer after two years of storage.
He presented our options and made a recommendation that we ultimately went with (two embryos transferred each time).
Brea
Very organized, staff are friendly, seems promising.... This facility [Fertility Care of Orange County] is very legit. I feel and see progress each time. Hope is gained, not lost.... About 800 out of pocket for IUI if your insurance deductable has not been met. IVF meds alone would be 4000-6000 depending on your body. 2500 for genetic testing. All else depends on your insurance.
Describe your experience with Fertility Care of Orange County.
Very organized, staff are friendly, seems promising. I've been to another fertility specialist for 2-3 years and not once did he take a ultrasound! That's standard! I felt like I lost 2 years of what could been but should've known better. This facility is very legit. I feel and see progress each time. Hope is gained, not lost.
All friendly and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Terence Lee at Fertility Care of Orange County?
I initially came to this doctor as reviews were outstanding results for him. My first impression was he seemed rushed although he explained the process. I assume due to his success rate, his plate is full. I can't tell if he was really genuine or if I was just a number. With faith, I am still visiting him hoping for a baby or more.
Have faith and don't take his swift personality personally. He is very knowledgeable, just a very busy popular doctor.
I was diagnosed with PCOS. He put me on a very strict diet. The process has been successful in maintaining a healthy lifestyle and improving issues with my egg quality.