Fertility Center of Las Vegas

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Beverly Hills (closed)
99 N La Cienega Boulevard
Beverly Hills, CA 90221
Henderson
2769 Sunridge Heights
Henderson, NV 89052
8851 W. Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89117
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of Las Vegas to a friend?
2 doctors
5 IVF, Donor Sperm
[Fertility Center of LV] Always did retrieval and then frozen transfer. Retrieval was follistim, menopur after lupron. I am prone to oHSS so he used a drug that is actually for MS and although I produced the same quantity of eggs, I did not have the same experience after in terms of massive sickness, pain and insane issues. For frozen transfer we did oral progesterone 4x/day, oral estrogen 3x/day, minivalle patches 1 patch change every 3 days, progesterone suppositories 2x/day and PIO. Compared to a previous clinic - my doses of all hormones were much higher, which is what I preferred - they tested regularly and made adjustments as needed.
5 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
There is sometimes a bit of a wait. I chalk it up to what happens when I have an “emergency” and everyone there stepped out to help me, sometimes things happen and they spend time helping them. Most of the time they are on time, but every now and then it can seem like forever. This staff is amazing. After my experience at several others, I would never go anywhere else. It’s not because I got pregnant here (I did and have two beautiful babies now!) but it was the time that I didn’t stay pregnant that made me realize that they actually did care. It’s how you’re treated when things aren’t perfect that really can make you know what kind of hands you’re in -‘FCLV was amazing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He cared. He listened. He was kind. He knew my name when I walked down the hallway. He was empathetic. I felt like a family member.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christie Dabney)
Christie is amazing I’m so many levels. She is beyond busy but you would never know. Emails and calls are returned quickly, she is very knowledgeable, she is kind, she is on her game! Jaime is a post surgery nurse and she was also caring and knowledgeable. Kara is the US tech and I was always impressed with her as well.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He was always gentle with procedures and told me what he was going to do and told me as he was going too it. He was professional and caring. I felt comfortable and in good hands - his experience showed in all of his interactions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
They are a little more money at the FCLV - but it’s worth every penny. From someone who got price quotes from several docs and ended up elsewhere first - don’t go on price - go by how you feel. I regret not staying with him from the get go.
Describe the protocols Bruce Shapiro used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Las Vegas and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
I did have a tiny bit of insurance coverage and they worked with me a ton to get covered what we could. Out of pocket for the retrieval was about $9,000 plus meds if I remember and transfers were about $2,000. Meds I did some crazy price matching and my coordinator was happy to call in to 4 different pharmacies to help me out
Las Vegas
The clinic [Fertility Center of LV] is clean and well organized. I loved that the waiting room has snacks and drinks because sometimes you are there for long periods of time! The staff is all so friendly and helpful and oftentimes they remember you by name which adds a level of comfort. My only odd complaint is that I don't like the TV on in the waiting room, I'm nervous enough at appointments and maybe the sound soothes others but it irritates me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The clinic is clean and well organized. I loved that the waiting room has snacks and drinks because sometimes you are there for long periods of time! The staff is all so friendly and helpful and oftentimes they remember you by name which adds a level of comfort. My only odd complaint is that I don't like the TV on in the waiting room, I'm nervous enough at appointments and maybe the sound soothes others but it irritates me. Otherwise we love the clinic!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Bedient makes you feel like you are her only patient. Over the phone or in person she takes the time to answer all of your questions and makes sure that you have all of the information that you need. Her bedside manner and calming demeanor are exactly what are needed in such a sensitive field!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christie )
She was usually quick to respond via email with all of my questions and concerns, even after hours.
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
I couldn't imagine a better doctor to have while going through this emotionally and physically exhausting journey! She puts you at ease while also making sure that you are informed each step of the way. She never made me feel rushed to ask questions and I always felt comfortable asking anything. My one complaint is that I feel that she can be overly optimistic. I think that a certain level is necessary to provide hope but I felt like the response "you are young and healthy" gave my husband and myself too much false hope. We walked away from our meetings knowing the success rates but thinking that pursuing IVF would be a slam dunk to conceive. She did not require that we do genetic testing until after 3 failed IVF transfers. After 2 we were very worried and requested it ourselves. After we received the results she said that she was so glad that we did it since our embryos had so many abnormalities. I have trusted her each step of the way (and of course none of us expected those results) but sometimes providing too much hope of success can be a double-edged sword for patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Go visit her! She has such a calming quality about her which will put your anxious minds at ease. Make sure to write down questions that you have beforehand. She will answer all of them, you just have to remember what you want to ask!
Describe the protocols Carrie Bedient used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Las Vegas and their degree of success.
The first treatment strategy (after all initial diagnostic testing was completed) was trying letrezol pills to induce ovulation - as my irregular cycles indicated that my body was not ovulated consistently on its own - with timed intercourse. We pursued this for 3 cycles with no success. We personally chose to skip the IUI treatment path next and instead went straight into IVF. We had the egg retrieval and instead of a fresh transfer, all 5 day blastocysts were frozen for subsequent frozen embryo transfers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
$14,400 for the global ivf package which included the egg retrieval, anesthesia, IVF coordinator, bloodwork, ultrasounds, transfers for up to 1 year, embryo storage for 1 year.
Describe Carrie Bedient's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Dr. Bedient strongly encouraged us to only transfer one embryo at a time to minimize the risks of carrying multiples. We had the choice either way, however.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
After the first visit, every person in the office [Fertility Ctr of LV] remembered my name. Each time I come in they address me by name, and know exactly where were at in our cycle, and make conversation. It feels more like being around friends than in a doctors office.... I never had to wait to get ahold of anyone, and everyone was so wonderful and caring. No question ever seemed too small or unimportant. I was always encouraged to have open communication with each member of my team.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The only weakness of this office is the amount of patients that are there. It can on occasion set back appointments a little while. Strengths; You are not a number, you are treated like family. I never felt confused or wondered if what the doctor recommended was in my best interest or not.
After the first visit, every person in the office remembered my name. Each time I come in they address me by name, and know exactly where were at in our cycle, and make conversation. It feels more like being around friends than in a doctors office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christie)
Christie is wonderful. I was given her cell number and was encouraged to text or call her with any questions. I never had to wait to get ahold of anyone, and everyone was so wonderful and caring. No question ever seemed too small or unimportant. I was always encouraged to have open communication with each member of my team.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Shapiro is very patient. He knows how difficult infertility is, and doesn't rush you through consults nor does he pressure you into any kind of treatment. He's very open and forthcoming with your options, without pushing you one way or the other. I was able to ask endless amounts of questions to get peace of mind about our third cycle before we began and during the process. It is very obvious he cares deeply about each and every one of his patients, and wants nothing more than for all of us to have the families we desire.
Do not be afraid to ask question!
Agonist protocol. 300iu of Follistim Clomid pills for 5 days and 1 vial of menopur on day 5 I began centratide Each of the medications (aside from clomid and centratide) were mixed together and injected intramuscularly each night. Shapiro said he has seen good results with doing it that way, and it showed with the numbers we got. It may not seem like a lot to most, but it was a great outcome as our 3rd attempt.
about $15,000. This included the lab work fees and every appointment/transfer. There was a fee at the time of retrieval for the anesthesiologist, and medication costs were not included. (though the clinic called around to a few pharmacies to find the best deals) Total a round of IVF at this clinic is about $20,000
Describe Bruce Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
He recommends a single embryo under 35, but if you want to put in more (2 is the max at this clinic) you are more than able to choose that option.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Strengths: Appointments always start on time, you are in and out quickly, the staff [Fertility Center of Las Vegas] is entirely female (except for one male Doctor but I never saw him), staff is friendly and compassionate, lots of ample parking Weaknesses: Billing/Finance department, I had several issues with the finance team, it eventually got resolved and I was reimbursed for everything I was overcharged, but it took a year for me to get my money back. I would have left the clinic and gone some where else, but my Doctor was awesome.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Strengths: Appointments always start on time, you are in and out quickly, the staff is entirely female (except for one male Doctor but I never saw him), staff is friendly and compassionate, lots of ample parking Weaknesses: Billing/Finance department, I had several issues with the finance team, it eventually got resolved and I was reimbursed for everything I was overcharged, but it took a year for me to get my money back. I would have left the clinic and gone some where else, but my Doctor was awesome.
Dr. Bedient was kind, I never felt rushed, and she remembered personal details of things we had discussed about my personal life and would ask me about them at follow up appointments. She seemed to genuinely take in interest in my health and helping me get pregnant.
The nursing staff was great in this office, they are all female and very prompt. My appointments always started on time and once you are brought back into a patient room, the nurses are usually in the room within a couple minutes. Follow up instructions were clearly given, prescriptions were called in with no issues, and they return phone calls quickly.
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr Bedient is a female, which I love, when discussing sensitive issues regarding reproduction. She is also a mother so she has been through pregnancy herself. She is kind, compassionate, and always fit me into her schedule if it was an emergency. She was willing to answer any questions I had and took her time during every appointment.
Double check everything done with billing/insurance, I had several issues with their finance department
I did 50 mg of Clomid, with an HCG trigger shot, and IUI 6x. I was carefully monitored via bloodwork and vaginal ultrasounds and always kept in the loop about how many mature eggs I had.
My IUIs were covered by insurance but I did a financial consultation for IVF, they charge $15,000 not including medication
Anovulation, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
The nurse that I had [at Fertility Centers of LV] failed to call me with several changes. She emailed me late at night after I had already take. My nightly dose and claimed that she sent me the email earlier than she did. She also did not call the new prescription to the pharmacy when I needed it. I was forced to wait at the pharmacy for an hour waiting for results. I also requested that they send my file to my gynecologist in which they failed to do. They consistently failed to confirm my insurance payments as well.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Clinics strengths: easily accessed, times they were open were helpful for working individuals, and the lab is on site. Weaknesses: organization, empathy, communication and over care. The clinic in my mind would have been a better if they treated you less like a number and more like a person. They were very hard to get a hold of 90% of the time. I have sat on hold for 10-15 minutes at a time. I was only ever able to speak to my doctor directly once or twice over a 6 month period.
I reached out to my nurse nearly daily to confirm appointments, confirm medication and for support. I did not hear back from her for a few days after my initial contact. I also was not greeted when I enter the clinic, I was told to sit down. I was also forgotten about and skipped over while waiting for my appointment.
Christie was terrible. She failed to notify me several times of medications were staying the same or changing. She was not compassionate or caring. She said she had a large case load and was trying to get back to me. I was also not able to connect with anyone on the weekends. The ultrasound tech was far worse though. She told me they were canceling my cycle with no empathy or care. She dismissed my questions about it also.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Bruce Shapiro was confident that “he would get me pregnant on the first try”. He convinced us that IVF was the only treatment that would work. He was not clear with my treatment and I was confused as to why we did certain treatments or medications. When it was time to give me the results of the egg retrieval and the transfer I did not receive a call. I had to call and wait on hold and be transferred several times before speaking with him directly. He told me that the results were not good but was confused as to why I called, he claimed he called and left me a message. I did not have any messages. When my husband and I went in for our follow up he just said it didn’t work because “we weren’t one of the lucky ones”.
Be an advocate for yourself. If you feel like he is pushing you to the side and not answering your questions let him know. Be more vocal because if you sit by and let him take over he won’t Include you.
Bruce Shapiro was not willing to do any treatment other than IVF. He said that my husband has varicocele and no surgery will fix him. He said we would use ICSI and that will make the embryos more healthy. He used typical injection doses and medications. I did have one canceled cycle that he did not explain why or what we will be doing differently.
$22,000 for the IVF + ICSI + genetic testing $9,000 for medications and other appointments
Bruce Shapiro was not willing to use multiple embryos to transfer but in the end we inky had one viable embryo to transfer.
2012 - 2016
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Other
[The FertCtr - Summ clinic] Strengths: Easy to get to. Nice and comfortable Timely appointments...don't have to wait long Weakness: Sahara office can get busy...Since I was a patient over 5 years i had different care coordinators. Each was very helpful and compassionate. The nursing staff remained the same and they were excellent in all ways...
2012 - 2016
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He always talked to me even while sitting in the waiting room and he was behind the glass in the office. He always answered my emails even while i was no longer his patient.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Daneshmand is very caring. He understood our troubles and sympathized wanting very much to give the direction we needed. He makes it his life making other peoples dreams of having a family come true.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Give him a chance to help.
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Las Vegas and their degree of success.
IVF: Fresh transfer follistim 250 menopur ganerelix HCG Results: 9 eggs estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results: 5 embryos only 1 made to day 5 transferred the one with neg. pregnancy IVF: 2 egg retrievals, both frozen Gonal F 300 Menopur Cetrotide Results: Cant remember total eggs estrodial progesterone inj and capsules Results: 2 embryos made it to day 5. both frozen and transferred. Positive pregnancy with a singleton healthy baby boy!!!!!! IVF: Gonal F 300 Menopur cetrotide Results: 3 eggs estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results:, 1 embryo none made it to day 5 IVF- Frozen Transfer Follistim 300 menopur cetrotide Results: 2 eggs estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results: 1 embryo. Positive pregnancy but lost the baby. Egg Donor: Fresh transfer 15 eggs retrieved estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results: only 1 made it to day 5 embryo, currently pregnant with singleton.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Around +/- $9,000 each cycle. After the first cycle Dr. Daneshmand waived his fee. Also, between $2,000 and $5,000 for the medications. I would have medication left over for some cycles.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
They [Fertility Center of Las Vegas] underestimated the total cost, even with high end of their initial quote for 2 egg retrieval. We ended up spending double what we anticipated. Not many long term financing options available that we qualified for and we paid entirely cash because our insurance didn't cover any fertility treatment....Great communication via phone and email and in person. Available and responsive to my questions.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
They underestimated the total cost, even with high end of their initial quote for 2 egg retrieval. We ended up spending double what we anticipated. Not many long term financing options available that we qualified for and we paid entirely cash because our insurance didn't cover any fertility treatment.
Great bedside manner, personally called us himself with results, personally e-mailed responses to questions and concerns during IVF cycle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Arlene)
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Daneshmand was very kind with great bedside manner, genuinely compassionate. My only complaint was feeling deceived with total cost. We ended up spending almost double of the high end estimate we were given at our consultation. Also, Dr. Daneshmand was out of town the day of or scheduled embryo transfer. He gave me the option of postponing one month (more costs for additional meds) or proceeding with his partner, Dr. Bruce Shapiro doing transfer. We let Shapiro do transfer and it was successful!
Be prepared financially to spend more than is initially estimated.
IVF, 2 egg retrieval cycles, one frozen embryo transfer. Meds included Follistim, Menopur, HGH trigger shot, Estradiol, hormone patches, and others I can't recall. Transferred one 5 day blastocyst embryo and first transfer was successful!
I can't remember specifics but total cost for 2 IVF egg retrieval cycles with donor sperm and one frozen embryo transfer were about $50,000
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Dr. Daneshmand would only transfer 2 at a time and discussed success rates and risks. We planed to transfer 2 embryos, but on the day of the transfer, he was unavailable and his partner Dr. Shapiro did the actual transfer. He discussed risks of transferring 2 embryos and higher risk pregnancy and prematurity with multiples, so we opted to only transfer one embryo at the last. It worked and seems like we made the right decision for us.
Las Vegas
The nursing staff [at Fertility Center of Las Vegas] is kind and very helpful. They return calls very quickly and answer questions. Even the financial department was able to get my insurance approval on a moments notice. I love this office!...They give you free water and juice in the waiting room. The phlebotomists and nurses know you by name. The front office staff is always smiling and makes you feel valued and welcome. The finance department is amazing. She was able to get my insurance coverage on a moments notice and the front office staff helped her. I just love how kind and compassionate the whole office is. Everyone is wanting your success.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
In a great area. They give you free water and juice in the waiting room. The phlebotomists and nurses know you by name. The front office staff is always smiling and makes you feel valued and welcome. The finance department is amazing. She was able to get my insurance coverage on a moments notice and the front office staff helped her. I just love how kind and compassionate the whole office is. Everyone is wanting your success.
He is always kind and compassionate. He genuinely wants to help us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Roshanda)
The nursing staff is kind and very helpful. They return calls very quickly and answer questions. Even the financial department was able to get my insurance approval on a moments notice. I love this office!
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He is very educated. He does not push ivf at the beginning and is willing to try less invasive procedures first. He is kind and makes you feel good about your procedure. I feel like I’m valued as a patient. He genuinely wants us to get pregnant and seems very confident that he can help us.
Ask as many questions as you can. Make sure you fully understand the procedures and tests.
He put us on clomid and pregnyl to help regulate my cycle. Because of my recurrent losses, he put me on high doses of progesterone. He seems very overly cautious which I love!
$2202
Las Vegas
Clinic [Fertility Ctr of LV] was clean. It seemed like everything ran smoothly. Longer wait times to see doctor, but when dealing with nurses and other staff everything was right on time. They provided snacks and water in the waiting room, which was nice. Chairs and sofas were comfortable.... Nurses were very helpful, and answered all my questions and concerns. While doing one of the necessary tests for my uterus I had concerns about it being as painful as the testing I had done the day before. The nurses assured me this test wouldn't be as painful and would be easier. There were 2 nurses in the room, the both checked at every step of the way to make sure I was comfortable and not in pain.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Clinic was clean. It seemed like everything ran smoothly. Longer wait times to see doctor, but when dealing with nurses and other staff everything was right on time. They provided snacks and water in the waiting room, which was nice. Chairs and sofas were comfortable.
Dr Shapiro and staff were always warm, welcoming and smiling. He and staff always had time to explain everything to us, returned phone calls promptly.
Nurses were very helpful, and answered all my questions and concerns. While doing one of the necessary tests for my uterus I had concerns about it being as painful as the testing I had done the day before. The nurses assured me this test wouldn't be as painful and would be easier. There were 2 nurses in the room, the both checked at every step of the way to make sure I was comfortable and not in pain. They were all so warm and made us feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr Shapiro was always warm and welcoming. He took his time explaining everything to us. Our appointment was scheduled an hour and 15 mins before we actually got to see him. But after getting into the office and realizing why he was running late we understood, its because he gave personal and detailed care.
Expect a long wait time in his office, while waiting to see him.
We didn't go through any cycles with him. We saw him to get checked and diagnosed for infertility.
Dr Shapiro had a very strong stance only a 1 embryo transfer. My husband and I prefer to do 2 embryos. He insisted on only one. After we explained why we wanted 2 done (I'm 35, we both want at least 2 kids and we are afraid we won't be able to afford to do a second IVF) he said that he would consider doing 2, after he explained all the pros/cons and risks of doing so. He also said because I was a taller female with a longer abdomen, who is healthy otherwise that doing 2 wouldn't be out of the question. He said we would discuss it further after the egg retrieval.
Las Vegas
The clinic [Fertility Center of Las Vegas] itself is warm and inviting. It's not large and cold feeling. There are lots of people around and they are always smiling and say hi, even if they don't know me. Comfort is such a huge factor when you are undergoing this kind of very personal treatment and I felt very much at ease....I have only had a few preliminary tests and procedures. An ultrasound and blood work. Everything was normally priced within the range of other clinics offering the same services.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The clinic itself is warm and inviting. It's not large and cold feeling. There are lots of people around and they are always smiling and say hi, even if they don't know me. Comfort is such a huge factor when you are undergoing this kind of very personal treatment and I felt very much at ease.
I personally vetted numerous doctors and he has the best bed side manner of any doctor I interviewed. He knew my name and remembered me and was always caring, yet realistic about the treatment.
I've been to the clinic a few times and they are so warm and nice. I have mostly just seen the physicians there, though. I have had little interaction with the nursing staff, but it has been positive.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Very open and honest. Given my age, honesty was a huge factor for me. He clearly explained the processes and showed a lot of compassion. I am still early on in treatment, but very impressed.
He will be very thorough but come with questions. And do not be afraid to ask questions - even if you feel they are hard or embarrassing.
Again, I am still very early on in the process. But my age is the factor here and so we are basing treatment on that.
2005 - 2012
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The nurses [at The Fertility Center of Las Vegas] were always friendly and helpful. They always had a smile and asked if I needed anything...They did have a guarantee if the first cycle didn't work you could try a second cycle within 12 months for free and the drug costs...The office was very comfortable and relaxing. Everyone was very helpful. The office was very organized and free of distractions. They also returned calls promptly. Weakness, long waits at times for blood draws or appointments.
2005 - 2012
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Dr. D was amazing. He really listened to us and remembered unrelated things we mentioned offhand. He did specific research for our case. He called us personally each time we did a cycle with results. He cried with us and cheered us on.
The nurses were always friendly and helpful. They always had a smile and asked if I needed anything.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. D knew who we were. He remembered us when we came back for round two several years later. He was very kind and compassionate. We felt very informed and that the treatment was changed to fit our needs.
He is like family. Trust his opinion.
Beyond the usual stuff, he suggested my hubby take a multi-vitamin with zinc to help with egg quality. He had just read a research article in a journal. The nurses would call me after each blood draw to tweak my protocol. It was different with each cycle, so I know they were tailoring it to my needs.
At the time, IUI was about $3000 each time. IVF/ICSI was about $5000 for the retrieval and $5000 for the implantation. Cycle drugs were about $2000-$5000 depending on your needs. They did have a guarantee if the first cycle didn't work you could try a second cycle within 12 months for free and the drug costs.
He definitely weighed the egg quality with each transfer.
Las Vegas
[The nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas was] Absolutely wonderful!! Genuinely cared for me and my process I was going through. Would make herself available to me at all times and all hours of the day/night! Such a sweetheart! She even walked me through my first injections over the phone! She’s incredible and I had an extremely awesome experience with her!...Strengths: incredible and friendly staff, evidence-based fertility treatments, caring doctor who makes sure you know everything up front and that helps you choose the best route for your family. No weaknesses that I am aware of or saw. :-)
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christy )
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Unbelievable doctor! Very real, very supportive, loving, kind, knowledgeable, and extremely caring in all she does. Highly recommend her and her staff, everyone there is so nice and helpful! She has been such an amazing resource and guide through the craziness of IVF.
Expect to be treated really well :-)
IVF with own eggs, Day 5 frozen embryo transfer. Treatment plan for endometriosis and severe endometriosis during IVF cycle and pregnancy. Successful IVF cycle, currently pregnant with a Singleton! We have a game plan for future transfers and endometriosis control and treatment as well.
About $23,000 for everything
My age (30 at time of retrieval/transfer) was the biggest factor. Being young increased the chances of a successful cycle. Also I’ve miscarried before, so we didn’t want to try to put in too many embryos at once until we knew for sure how my body would react to carrying a baby again.
Las Vegas
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Other
This clinic [Fertility Center of Las Vegas] is amazing. Everyone there treats you like family. It's personal for them as well....Without Christie inwoukd have been lost. She took the time to explain and answer any question I had about pretty much EVERYTHING...Every time we walked into the office, we were welcomed with a hug a casual conversation before medical jargon... He [Dr. Daneshmand] had such tenderness and care for every cycle and each individual embryo that was created, regardless of fragmentation. He understood this was our family he was helping build.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
This clinic is amazing. Everyone there treats you like family. It's personal for them as well. We still visit them regularly.
Every time we walked into the office, we were welcomed with a hug a casual conversation before medical jargon. Anytime I had questions he would answer to the extent I could understand the details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christi Dabney)
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He is such a compassionate person and I felt like he was treating me as if I were having his children! He had such tenderness and care for every cycle and each individual embryo that was created, regardless of fragmentation. He understood this was our family he was helping build. I owe him more than I could ever think to
Be patient. The results may not always be what YOU want, but he will make sure you get the family you want.
After 2 natural miscarriages, we were put in a variety of protocols (mainly antagonist) for egg retrieval preparation. I was on Gonal F, Menopur, and various other medications through your journey for retrieval. I was on lupron for my FETs and birth control to regulate cycle timing.
2013 - 2015
4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
The nurses [at The Fertility Center] are all very friendly and kind...At times, we felt like there were too many patients being treated at one time...We found out about our miscarriage while in the office, and I definitely think the nurses could have handled that better...Getting meds and injections ordered and picked up/delivered always seems to be a last minute, frantic scramble.
2013 - 2015
4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
At times, we felt like there were too many patients being treated at one time. The front desk would cross wires with the billing dept., who would cross wires with our IVF consultant, specialty pharmacy, etc. And as the years went on, there were many times that we wouldn't receive information until we asked specifically for it. As opposed to being offered the information- what if we didn't know to ask?
The nurses are all very friendly and kind, and maintain a positive atmosphere at the office and during procedures. However- We found out about our miscarriage while in the office, and I definitely think the nurses could have handled that better. The 2 nurses left the Ultrasound wand inserted and left the room to go find Dr D when they coudn't find a heartbeat. My husband and I had to wait in the exam room for a few minutes not knowing what was going on with the wand in me! All alone! It was awful.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Above all else- I trust Dr D. I trust that he will be honest and candid with us, but at the same time maintain a positive atmosphere. I appreciate that.
Dr. D. truly wants all of his patients to have success, and as a patient you can feel that; feel that he cares about you and your partner and wants the best for you.
2011 - 2014
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
The care team [at The Fertility Center of Las Vegas] cared about me, especially dove who did my blood. The nurses and front office staff were also very caring. Dr. Shapiro is all business and didn't seem to care much just that I got pregnant. I was another success story to put on his wall.
2011 - 2014
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
The care team cared about me, especially dove who did my blood. The nurses and front office staff were also very caring. Dr. Shapiro is all business and didn't seem to care much just that I got pregnant. I was another success story to put on his wall.
They seemed genuinely interested in you getting pregnant. They wanted to help.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
I like that he has a giant ego. He told me I'll tell you if you will get pregnant. If I say you won't then you should move on. We rarely saw him, though, even when we were told we would likely miscarry the baby because of an sch. There was no relationship with him. We were also really annoyed that the massively expensive prices got even more expensive the second round. However, they had all new furniture. I liked that he got me pregnant. He knows what he is doing. He is not a personable person. But he gets the job done and that is all I cared about.
Don't expect warm and fuzziness. But do expect to get all the information you need and to know that you can trust what he says.
Las Vegas
Arlyn [nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas] was always very polite and compassionate but sometimes hard to get a hold off, did not always get same day answers....Spent $19000 for full IVF cycle including egg retrieval, monitoring/labs, anesthesia/surgery center fees, genetic testing and freezing/storage of embryos. Medications were mostly covered by Tricare, paid $1500
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Very nice calming atmosphere, drinks/snacks available
Very pleasant, spent lots of time and answered all questions, never felt rushed
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Arlyn)
Arlyn was always very polite and compassionate but sometimes hard to get a hold off, did not always get same day answers
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Bedient is wonderful. So compassionate and kind, spent as much time with me as I needed to make sure all my questions were answered and that I was comfortable. I never felt rushed.
So far did one egg retreival cycle using menopur, follistim 225 mcg, and ganirellex. Got 6 eggs, all 6 fertilized, and 4 made it to day 6 blast stage
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Ultrasound monitoring was done 630-830 AM, a time slot was scheduled for you, mostly on time
2011 - 2015
During the cycle the nurse [at Fertility Center of Las Vegas] called my work phone and left a message about changing my meds. My voice mail clearly stated I was out of the office for a few days and she didn't bother to call my cell. My cell phone was my primary contact phone number.... Very clinical. Staff and doctor were not personable. When we experienced a failed IVF cycle I felt like it was handled poorly. Very cut and dry with no compassion.
2011 - 2015
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Busy. You are just a number.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Very clinical and proud of his credentials. He liked to brag about his credentials a lot. I had to pull information out of him about the treatment and what to expect. Between our first IVF cycle that resulted in the birth of our son and our second failed cycle, Dr. Shapiro completely changed our "chances of conceiving naturally." The first time (when we had insurance) there was "no hope" and the second time (no insurance) he said we actually weren't that hopeless. I felt taken advantage of the second time around.
Ask lots of questions and get a second opinion.
Our health insurance covered about 80% of the cost.
2013 - 2016
Through out the entire process he [Dr Daneshmand] was always there for us no matter what, in our corner cheering us on. Always available and compassionate. He truly holds a special place in our hearts and forever will!...He is an amazing human being and we are so blessed to have come into his path. He has given us such joy in our lives!...[Cost of treatment was] minimal, each treatment cost about 2000 max.
2013 - 2016
Through out the entire process he was always there for us no matter what, in our corner cheering us on. Always available and compassionate. He truly holds a special place in our hearts and forever will!
Amazing also!
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Trust him and let him lead the way.
Minimal, each treatment cost about 2000 max.