Genetic counseling: Offered
2769 Sunridge Heights
Henderson, NV 89052
8851 W. Sahara Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89117
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of Las Vegas to a friend?

2 doctors
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
While the meetings with dr Shapiro were one on one, all my cycle monitoring was done by nurses and “reviewed” by the doctor. The first time he actually examined me himself was during the IUI procedure, 6 months or so into me going to FCLV. It was *not* a good experience.... doctor Shapiro walked in, with another doctor in tow and stated “this is dr so and so, he’s going to be observing today, mkay “ ... never asking if I was in fact, ok with it.
Halfway through treatment they [Fertility Center of Las Vegas] got a new billing system. Errors galore. I was still dealing with these errors months after I left the practice. While there were some friendly front office staff, we just didn’t feel at home there... I received estimated cost summaries. I paid my copay amounts at the beginning of the journey. The actual costs were much more and I was billed for services not rendered.... From forgetting to call in prescriptions to delays getting appointments to massive billing issues... it was not a great experience
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
When we first met with dr Shapiro, he ordered several tests. When we learned we had one blocked tube, and ovulation issues, he did say that IVF would be better, but the price tag difference was something like $600 vs $16,000 and he said there was a chance- so we tried. I was put on clomid, My body didn’t respond at all and we had to cancel the cycle. Doubled the dose of clomid- still nothing. Went back to see him for review of chart. He suggested letrozole. Tried that and we got ONE egg. Throughout this part of the journey, I was never seen by the doctor himself... all monitoring was handled by nurses. So when the big IUI day came, it was the first time he’d actually be examining me. My husband did his sample, we were instructed to come back an hour later. We sat in the waiting room for about 2 hours. When they called us back, I (out of routine) emptied my bladder. Got undressed and on the table... doctor Shapiro walked in, with another doctor in tow and stated “this is dr so and so, he’s going to be observing today, mkay “ ... never asking if I was in fact, ok with it. But, lefs already in stirrups, 2 hours later than I imagined.. let’s just do this. He inserted the speculum (not the first time for this) but I felt an immediate pinching feeling- almost like the plastic was cracked. He tried to reposition but it was worse. He opted for Peterson speculum instead, and said I should always have that. I had never had an issue with the speculum before now, but ok. Then he tried inserting the catheter, but it kept hitting my cervix apparently? It hurt... but not nearly as bad as when he asked for the tenaculum- aka cervical clamp. This hurt so bad I felt like I was screaming on the table. He then slammed the sperm inside me, releases the clamp and speculum, said that “this was too much- we won’t try this again if it doesn’t work”. And he walked out. 2 weeks later when I got my negative pregnancy test over the phone, he said ok so did you want to schedule another IUI? With all the other clinic issues, I said we were done for now, and then went to 4 other fertility doctors in the Vegas area.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Double check your billing very carefully.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Describe the protocols Bruce Shapiro used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Las Vegas and their degree of success.
Clomid 50mg- nothing Clomid 100mg- nothing Letrozole 2.5- 1 mature follicle
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Roshanda)
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Halfway through treatment they got a new billing system. Errors galore. I was still dealing with these errors months after I left the practice. While there were some friendly front office staff, we just didn’t feel at home there
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Henderson

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.

1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
We didn't interact with Dr. Shapiro at every visit, but as with any doctor I believe that is to be expected. He was extremely kind and understanding from the moment we walked in the door for our first consult, and never hesitated to find an answer to all of our questions. ... Since my husband and I are both young and have no infertility aside from my tubes being blocked, we elected to transfer only a single embryo first since our chances of success started out higher to begin with. If the one didnt work out, we planned to increase to two embryos potentially.
Weaknesses: When I didn't have a morning appointment the office tended to get a little backed up, and I ended up waiting an extra 15 minutes or half hour. ... The front desk staff and lab staff knew me by my face. ... Christie [nurse], in addition to the remainder of the staff at the Fertility Center, were always caring and concerned about our progress and how I was feeling. They always answered my questions in a timely and accurate manner. ...
1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
We didn't interact with Dr. Shapiro at every visit, but as with any doctor I believe that is to be expected. He was extremely kind and understanding from the moment we walked in the door for our first consult, and never hesitated to find an answer to all of our questions. He really seems to love his work and was as excited as us when we had success! He even personally gave us a call when we had out positive beta.
Go in with questions and don't hesitate to ask them!
Dr. Shapiro and his staff were very responsive with answering my questions. The front desk staff and lab staff knew me by my face. He knew my OBGYN who referred me to his office, and even texted her about my success prior to my first appointment with her!
After all was said and done it seems like a whirl wind that we got swept up in, so my terms may not be completely on point. For our retrieval, we used gonal-f and menopur to stimulate follicle growth, followed by a trigger shot just before the retrieval. All of our embryos were to be frozen, so my next cycle was on birth control to help regulate when my period would happen. For the transfer we used progesterone in oil shots nightly combined with estradiol pills and minivelle patches, and have been weaning off of everything since we hit week 8 of the pregnancy!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christie)
Christie, in addition to the remainder of the staff at the Fertility Center, were always caring and concerned about our progress and how I was feeling. They always answered my questions in a timely and accurate manner.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Strengths: This clinic is very organized and kind. They genuinely care about their patients feelings and progress. Weaknesses: When I didn't have a morning appointment the office tended to get a little backed up, and I ended up waiting an extra 15 minutes or half hour.
We had phenomenal insurance coverage. We ended up paying about $1500 out of pocket. We did pay up front for both the retrieval and transfer procedures ($5000 total), but our insurance will be reimbursing us in full.
Describe Bruce Shapiro's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.

2019 - 2020
Dr. Bedient took the time to meet with me and my husband on multiple occasions to go over our treatment and answer any and all questions that we had. We finished our last cycle and egg retrieval right as Corona Virus started to get bad in my city ... Because of my DOR Dr. Bedient suggested IVF right away. We decided because it was a less expensive option to start with Clomid with IUI. We did 2 cycles of that before deciding with the Dr. to move on to IVF.
The clinic [Fertility Center of Las Vegas] is clean and the front desk staff is friendly. They make it easy and quick to go in and give blood and you can go in as early as 6am before work. The nurses that take blood are great and quick and never have an issue finding your veins. Wait time is not bad- the longest I have sat in the room waiting for ultrasound techs has been 10-15 mins.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Bedient took the time to meet with me and my husband on multiple occasions to go over our treatment and answer any and all questions that we had. We finished our last cycle and egg retrieval right as Corona Virus started to get bad in my city - she gave us her personal cell number to call if I experienced any complications after the retrieval and made herself available for anything we needed. She is very gentle and caring but also gives us all the facts and doesnt sugar coat anything.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Go to your visit with her prepared with questions. She will take all the time in the world to answer every question.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Bedient always made me and my husband feel comfortable and like she genuinely cared.
Describe the protocols Carrie Bedient used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Las Vegas and their degree of success.
Because of my DOR Dr. Bedient suggested IVF right away. We decided because it was a less expensive option to start with Clomid with IUI. We did 2 cycles of that before deciding with the Dr. to move on to IVF. First round of IVF we did a normal protocol of Follistim, Gonal, and Ganerillex. This resulted in 7 eggs at retrieval, 6 eggs were mature, 3 fertilized, 0 made it to blastocyst day 5. Second round of IVF we added a Lupron Flare - this resulted in 15 eggs at retrieval, 12 mature, 10 fertilized, 3 made it to blastocyst. We are now waiting until the quarantine to be over to do the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christie Dabney)
The staff and care coordinator are amazing. My first cycle of IVF was great - my coordinator met with us and took the time to explain what was going to happen through out the cycle. They showed us how to administer stims and answered all questions. My second cycle my coordinator was less attentive and did not really explain as much as she did the first time. We were doing a new protocol so we were confused and nervous but it all worked out.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The clinic is clean and the front desk staff is friendly. They make it easy and quick to go in and give blood and you can go in as early as 6am before work. The nurses that take blood are great and quick and never have an issue finding your veins. Wait time is not bad- the longest I have sat in the room waiting for ultrasound techs has been 10-15 mins.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
With insurance - IVF retrieval cycle was a little over $9K and IVF meds were $3K
Describe Carrie Bedient's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The clinic will not do a multiple embryo transfer for the health of the mom and baby.
Las Vegas

Both cycles I did with Dr. Bedient were medicated cycles with timed intercourse. The first round we did metformin and letrozole with a trigger shot and timed intercourse. That first cycle was not successful. The second cycle, we went from 5mg of letrozole to 7.5 mg letrozole. We still took metformin and did the trigger shot. That cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy...is very knowledgeable in the field of infertility. She was punctual and answered any questions that my husband and I had. She was kind and personable. She was also very informative with my diagnosis.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Center of Las Vegas] were punctual and knowledgeable. They were nice. They weren't personable and didn't get to know you...I felt like I was always being rushed and they'd get upset when we'd have to stop a monitoring appointment because I had a full bladder...They were really good with the first cycle and calling me with my results the day of blood draw. My second cycle, I had to call them 24 hours after my blood draw for my results. When I called, they couldn't find my results so I needed to wait until my doctor called me with the results. She called me at the end of business day to tell me that I was pregnant, but my numbers were low and I needed to do another hcg blood test. Same thing happened with this blood draw. I waited over 24 hours for them to call. I had to call them again and was told the doctor would call me back. She ended up not calling me and a sonographer I've never met with, called me tell me that it was a chemical pregnancy and I would be getting my period within a couple of days. I thought it was strange that a sonographer I haven't seen called me. I felt like I didn't matter.
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Bedient is very knowledgeable in the field of infertility. She was punctual and answered any questions that my husband and I had. She was kind and personable. She was also very informative with my diagnosis.
One piece of advise that I would give someone would be to ask as many questions that you have.
In the beginning the staff called back and was very helpful. After my second treatment, I felt like I was treated like a number. It took 2 days for them to call me back with any instructions or results. I also left messages for a few people and never received any call backs.
The nursing staff were punctual and knowledgeable. They were nice. They weren't personable and didn't get to know you. I tried to make small talk, but it was always awkward silence after I said something. I felt like I was always being rushed and they'd get upset when we'd have to stop a monitoring appointment because I had a full bladder.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
I liked that they were on top of billing. Pricing was upfront and there were no hidden fees. They were extremely clean and on top of blood draws to check hormone levels. It made me sad that they didnt work with patients on payment plans or give discounts for to patients who needed to pay out of pocket because insurance didnt cover treatments.
I spent $2500 on medicated timed intercourse and almost $500 on medication each cycle.
N/A to my cycles.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
My last cycle at the clinic I waited over 24 hours to get my results for my hcg blood tests. They were really good with the first cycle and calling me with my results the day of blood draw. My second cycle, I had to call them 24 hours after my blood draw for my results. When I called, they couldn't find my results so I needed to wait until my doctor called me with the results. She called me at the end of business day to tell me that I was pregnant, but my numbers were low and I needed to do another hcg blood test. Same thing happened with this blood draw. I waited over 24 hours for them to call. I had to call them again and was told the doctor would call me back. She ended up not calling me and a sonographer I've never met with, called me tell me that it was a chemical pregnancy and I would be getting my period within a couple of days. I thought it was strange that a sonographer I haven't seen called me. I felt like I didn't matter.
Las Vegas

He [Dr. Shapiro] has a great bedside manner and is always friendly. He was very reassuring after my miscarriage. However, he would say to email him with any questions, then not respond to those emails. ... The doctor's response was to stop that medication. That is critical information that should have been reviewed on any of the many times I was in the office [Fertility Center of Las Vegas].
Billing was always off [at Fertility Center of Las Vegas]. ... No one showed me how to do the shots properly until it was too late. ... However, it all went bad after I had a missed miscarriage. After not hearing a heartbeat on the second ultrasound i felt abandoned by his office. They forgot to put in my prescription for the pill to assist with the miscarriage, no one would return my calls, and no one would answer my questions about taking the pill vs. D&C. At a time when I was most vulnerable, I felt the most abandoned.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He has a great bedside manner and is always friendly. He was very reassuring after my miscarriage. However, he would say to email him with any questions, then not respond to those emails. I would follow up with his staff about my pending emails, but still no response.
He is very busy, so just know that in advance, for what it is worth.
During my treatment, everything went well. All the staff was very friendly. Most of the time the communication was lacking and I was left in the dark about the next steps. However, it all went bad after I had a missed miscarriage. After not hearing a heartbeat on the second ultrasound i felt abandoned by his office. They forgot to put in my prescription for the pill to assist with the miscarriage, no one would return my calls, and no one would answer my questions about taking the pill vs. D&C. At a time when I was most vulnerable, I felt the most abandoned.
I don't know specifics, sadly.
I think there was only 1 nurse that I dealt with. She never returned my calls, and I had to have the other staff track her down for me. I always just dealt with other staff members, that I am pretty sure were not nurses.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Billing was always off. I had insurance, but still had to keep paying out of pocked even when I paid them the quoted up front costs for the entire cycle. The surgical suite is not contracted with any insurance so most of my fees were paid cash directly to them. The nurse forgot to call in my prescription for the pill to help me have a miscarriage after my missed miscarriage. No one showed me how to do the shots properly until it was too late.
I had insurance which helped a lot for the first cycle, but his surgery center and anesthesiologist are not covered under the insurance so that was the bulk of my costs directly out of pocket.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
I also am taking a lot of medications for migraines. THey said the doctor reviewed them and ok'd everything. Then already into my cycle i get a call from my pharmacy saying they noticed my history of hormone meds which led them to think that i am either pregnant or trying. then they told me that one of my meds was not recommended during pregnancy. I brought it up to the doctor via email and by a call to his office. No one got back to me for a couple weeks when I had to keep following up with them. The doctor's response was to stop that medication. That is critical information that should have been reviewed on any of the many times I was in the office.

3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
[Dr. Bruce Shapiro] is also concerned with your health, mental and otherwise. He always wants to make sure that he has answered and and every question or concern you have before you leave each appointment. He always walks each patient out. We, unfortunately, needed a hysterectomy after our retrieval and he recommended a surgeon to see and wanted me to come in after the procedure just to see how i was doing and check on me. He’s truly a remarkable man.
Great quality care in fertility and other [at Fertility Center of Las Vegas]. There are longer wait times for face to face meetings with Shapiro but that is due to him wanting to be as thorough with each patient as possible. Everyone is given the same amount of respect...They treat you like friends. I truly did become friends with many of them. They will love you and are invested in your success...17,000 for IVF...500 for anesthesia And cost of meds, which was around 6,000
3 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Caring. He is a fertility doctor, but is also concerned with your health, mental and otherwise. He always wants to make sure that he has answered and and every question or concern you have before you leave each appointment. He always walks each patient out. We, unfortunately, needed a hysterectomy after our retrieval and he recommended a surgeon to see and wanted me to come in after the procedure just to see how i was doing and check on me. He’s truly a remarkable man.
Expect to wait. Because he is so understanding and caring he gives each patient the time they need. I know it can be frustrating at times, but he will give you the same time i promise.
Everyone remembered my name each time I walked in. I had conversations about life and fertility. Shapiro ALWAYS made time to answer questions or call me back with any concerns and genuinely seemed to care about our specific situation.
It was a standard protocol. We did run a day or two longer than we planned just to get as many eggs as possible. We also decided not to do genetic testing on our embryo just in case it hurt the already fragile quality of my eggs.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Great quality care in fertility and other. There are longer wait times for face to face meetings with Shapiro but that is due to him wanting to be as thorough with each patient as possible. Everyone is given the same amount of respect
17,000 for IVF 500 for anesthesia And cost of meds, which was around 6,000
None

Male Factor, Other
Dr. Shapiro made me feel like a human because he was kind and answered all questions we had...Even though my only embryo didn't implant we knew we what percent chance we had. The only thing that I would change about this experience is when he told me the news of our embryo not implanting I feel like he could have been a bit more compassionate...In our ivf we had Male factor and also I dont have alot of eggs left. They put me on a high dose of meds that my body only produced 7 eggs of which 5 were mature. We only had 2 fertilized and 1 made it to day 5. We sent our only embryo to pgs testing as it was a healthy female embryo. We transferred our only embryo which looked really good but she did not implant. We are now looking to start ivf #2
[The nurses at Fertility Center of Las Vegas are] extremely welcoming and compassionate. They took time out of there busy days to help you and answer any questions you had. To them no question is stupid or not worthy of answering. They email you back quickly and effectively...19,625 for everything including testing of embryos and transfers of embryos until you get pregnant. About 3000 for meds and 1500 for tese...
Middle Eastern, Other
Male Factor, Other
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
As a patient of dr. Shapiro the few times i saw him i felt i could ask any questions needed and he answered them to the best of his knowledge. He was kind. Even though my only embryo didn't implant we knew we what percent chance we had. The only thing that I would change about this experience is when he told me the news of our embryo not implanting I feel like he could have been a bit more compassionate. But I guess all bad news you take to the heart. I am going to use dr. Shapiro to help me try for ivf #2
He was recommended by my husband's urologist and is one of the best. Every place you go to is going to have 1 flaw but I would definitely choose this doctor again.
Dr. Shapiro made me feel like a human because he was kind and answered all questions we had. His staff was friendly and your questions never felt dumb.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christie and katie)
Every nurse that I can in contact with at the clinic was extremely welcoming and compassionate. They took time out of there busy days to help you and answer any questions you had. To them no question is stupid or not worthy of answering. They email you back quickly and effectively.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
This is my first fertility clinic that I've been to but I would definitely recommend it. They welcome you with open arms, are not bothered by your questions and treat you as if you were family. They dont have very many weaknesses. None that I can remember.
Our doctor felt strongly about single embryo transfer. He believes that it is safer for the mom and baby to only transfer 1 at a time.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
What we love about Doctor Bedient is with all of the patients she has when she is speaking with you or has an appointment with you she makes you feel like the only one.... During my fibroid surgery she checked in constantly, and the plans she makes for your cycle you can tell she really has taken the time to think about it and make it personal. She explains things in a way that you can understand I would and have recommended her to friends.
The biggest weakness of this clinic [Fertility Ctr of Las Vegas] would definitely be communication. There are times when I wasn’t dealing with my coordinator that I had to reach out myself and ask where my quote was or what my next steps needed to be. There is also times when you go in for your appointment and you sign in and are waiting a very long time without updates, it’s like they forgot about you. There is also some inconsistencies where they sometimes make you feel welcome when you come in and sometimes they don’t acknowledge you.
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
My husband and I went to another fertility clinic and saw a different doctor before we got to Dr Bedient, and boy are we glad we didn’t go with anyone else. Dr Bedient is caring, attentive and she makes you feel as if you are her only patient. During my fibroid surgery she checked in constantly, and the plans she makes for your cycle you can tell she really has taken the time to think about it and make it personal. She explains things in a way that you can understand I would and have recommended her to friends.
I would tell them that although she is busy and you have to wait a little bit to see her during your appointment it is worth it! When you finally do see her she is attentive, detail oriented and takes her time with you so you don’t feel rushed.
What we love about Doctor Bedient is with all of the patients she has when she is speaking with you or has an appointment with you she makes you feel like the only one. She came on during my appointment with my surgeon for my fibroid surgery just to give me a hug! She makes you feel like she’s truly walking this path with you and goes over everything in as much detail as you may need! She has a great bedside manner and I have already recommended her to a friend of mine even though we are done with our cycle yet I know she’s going to work hard to get us the best result!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christie )
Our main coordinator Christie is amazing! She is very compassionate and she kept us up to date on everything and was a great communicator, if it wasn’t her it was the nurse that worked with her Katie. Both of whom I would recommend. The only person I dealt with that I felt was cold and very short when speaking with me was Rashanda. I didn’t have to interact with her much but when I did she seemed to have an attitude which was very off putting and very much the opposite of the feeling from everyone else in the office.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The biggest weakness of this clinic would definitely be communication. There are times when I wasn’t dealing with my coordinator that I had to reach out myself and ask where my quote was or what my next steps needed to be. There is also times when you go in for your appointment and you sign in and are waiting a very long time without updates, it’s like they forgot about you. There is also some inconsistencies where they sometimes make you feel welcome when you come in and sometimes they don’t acknowledge you. For strengths I would say they will take the time to explain things to you when you speak to them, but compared to the wonderful treatment you get from the nurses and doctors the front desk is in need of improvement.
Yes. Dr Bedient did strongly recommend that we only transfer one embryo, she took the time to explain that with our age and the number of embryos we have that she feels this will get us the most successful result. We went in originally thinking we would do 2 but we didn’t think about all of the risks and results of the egg retrieval so we respected her expertise in this area and when the time comes we will do 1 embryo.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
When I was preparing for my fibroid surgery my period was late and I finally reached out when it came and even though I had already had an appointment time and date, the nurse Rashanda changed it without explaining why, she also didn’t relay the change to the other staff because they called me to confirm my old appointment time and date and then said they didn’t have notes as to the change or why it was made? Thankfully things like this didn’t happen often but I felt like there was definitely a drop in communication and not enough communication with me.
Las Vegas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.

She [Dr. Bedient] was a very nice woman. But we never spoke with her or saw her.. at ALL until retrieval after the consultation. My husband and I were so frustrated not being able to communicate with just her. We were constantly worried out coordinator as she was always confused about who she was talking to and my current situations we were in.... Bedient suggested I go through an aggressive protocol. We did stomach injections of follostim and menopur.
Their weakness was that they [Fertility Ctr of Las Vegas] eere always rushing, and seemed to be under staffed with how little compassion and communication we were able to receive. Their strengths was only getting me in and out quickly.... we were just a number, so we were always in and out.... $5,000 for genetic testing. $21,000 for the whole ivf procedure, and $2,000 for medications. So all in all, $28,000 to go through ivf with Dr. Bedient.
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
She was a very nice woman. But we never spoke with her or saw her.. at ALL until retrieval after the consultation. My husband and I were so frustrated not being able to communicate with just her. We were constantly worried out coordinator as she was always confused about who she was talking to and my current situations we were in.
You won’t even communicate with Bedient. You’ll communicate with a coordinator who doesn’t get back to you in enough time and with not enough details.
Miscommunication, no helpful direction given. As if we were on our own with our medications. Never saw Bedient unless it was for our consultation, the very end retrieval, and the end discussion of why it didn’t work out.
Bedient suggested I go through an aggressive protocol. We did stomach injections of follostim and menopur. We did this until I grew enough and large enough eggs to their approval. We then did egg retrieval. I stopped all medications once we finished the retrieval for about one or two weeks? Bedients office only does frozen transfers. So five minutes before our scheduled transfer she called us to let us know our only blastocyst stopped growing cells at the rate it should have been after thanking out. She suggested we toss the blastocyst or go forward even knowing it won’t live. We went forward. I then started progesterone injections until my period came.
Like we said, we were just a number, so we were always in and out. They always said I was growing great eggs, but at retrieval time my eggs showed that they were all very SMALL. Very misleading
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Their weakness was that they eere always rushing, and seemed to be under staffed with how little compassion and communication we were able to receive. Their strengths was only getting me in and out quickly.
We didn’t have a choice. She originally suggested single transfer (before we knew how many I would have been able to make) only because I have tietzi syndrome.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
We believe we have said it all.
Las Vegas

Dr. Bedient was nice, had a very calm demeanor. One thing i did not really like was the fact that there was one time where she had came back from working out, literally dripping in sweat, face red and can barely catch her breath and she was speaking. I felt that it was unprofessional....No treatments were done at this facility. The doctor did suggest we did femara with timed intercourse.
Just know that they [Fertility Center of Las Vegas] wont work with your schedule, you'll have to miss work. All of their blood work and ultrasounds are only done in the morning.... The billing coordinator constantly messed up. They would bill me for things I wasn't responsible for. Theres nothing good I can add because after they messed up on my blood work, I stopped going to this clinic. Theres no strengths I can add.
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Just know that they wont work with your schedule, you'll have to miss work. All of their blood work and ultrasounds are only done in the morning.
Was very thorough, explained everthing, never felt rushed.
The nursing staff was my least favorite. As I had stated they wont work with your schedule. On one occasion, I told Dr. Bedient that the earliest I can come for my blood work was 3pm, and she said "okay, just let the nurse know so that they can stick around." As I was making my appointment at the front they said "no you cant sorry." Second, when i went in for a vaginal ultrasound the nurse asked me "when do you need to come back?" I answered I don't know, shouldn't you know, and she went to go ask the doctor. The nurse also gave me the wrong lab test, so they actually tested me for any genetic diseases. And that blood work bill was not cheap. The nurses were no help.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
They wont work with your schedule, as I stated. The billing coordinator constantly messed up. They would bill me for things I wasn't responsible for. Theres nothing good I can add because after they messed up on my blood work, I stopped going to this clinic. Theres no strengths I can add.

5 IVF, Donor Sperm
He [Dr. Bruce Shapiro] was always gentle with procedures and told me what he was going to do and told me as he was going too it. He was professional and caring. I felt comfortable and in good hands - his experience showed in all of his interactions.... He cared. He listened. He was kind. He knew my name when I walked down the hallway. He was empathetic. I felt like a family member.
[Fertility Center of LV] Always did retrieval and then frozen transfer. Retrieval was follistim, menopur after lupron. I am prone to oHSS so he used a drug that is actually for MS and although I produced the same quantity of eggs, I did not have the same experience after in terms of massive sickness, pain and insane issues. For frozen transfer we did oral progesterone 4x/day, oral estrogen 3x/day, minivalle patches 1 patch change every 3 days, progesterone suppositories 2x/day and PIO. Compared to a previous clinic - my doses of all hormones were much higher, which is what I preferred - they tested regularly and made adjustments as needed.
5 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He was always gentle with procedures and told me what he was going to do and told me as he was going too it. He was professional and caring. I felt comfortable and in good hands - his experience showed in all of his interactions.
They are a little more money at the FCLV - but it’s worth every penny. From someone who got price quotes from several docs and ended up elsewhere first - don’t go on price - go by how you feel. I regret not staying with him from the get go.
Christie is amazing I’m so many levels. She is beyond busy but you would never know. Emails and calls are returned quickly, she is very knowledgeable, she is kind, she is on her game! Jaime is a post surgery nurse and she was also caring and knowledgeable. Kara is the US tech and I was always impressed with her as well.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
There is sometimes a bit of a wait. I chalk it up to what happens when I have an “emergency” and everyone there stepped out to help me, sometimes things happen and they spend time helping them. Most of the time they are on time, but every now and then it can seem like forever. This staff is amazing. After my experience at several others, I would never go anywhere else. It’s not because I got pregnant here (I did and have two beautiful babies now!) but it was the time that I didn’t stay pregnant that made me realize that they actually did care. It’s how you’re treated when things aren’t perfect that really can make you know what kind of hands you’re in -‘FCLV was amazing.
I did have a tiny bit of insurance coverage and they worked with me a ton to get covered what we could. Out of pocket for the retrieval was about $9,000 plus meds if I remember and transfers were about $2,000. Meds I did some crazy price matching and my coordinator was happy to call in to 4 different pharmacies to help me out
Las Vegas

Every single interaction with Dr. Shapiro has been great. We have a very complicated situation, as many do, and are taking a lot of risks when it come so to IVF. Dr. Shapiro has made me feel extremely supported, safe, and taken care of. I feel like he loves his patients and truly cares about their outcome. He has pictures all over his office of all of the babies he has helped bless families with. And not cheesy fake ones. You can tell they are from real families!
I really love this clinic [Fertility Center of Las Vegas-LV] It is extremely clean, organized, and warm. They have little snacks and drinks available in the waiting room, which I think is sweet! It’s also located in a nice part of town and is easy to get to!... I believe a full round of treatment with embryo biopsy and freezing (we did genetic testing) was around 16k. This is not including the medications, which you get through your pharmacy.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
We are currently in the middle of treatment so I don’t have the whole experience to go off of yet. However, every single interaction with Dr. Shapiro has been great. We have a very complicated situation, as many do, and are taking a lot of risks when it come so to IVF. Dr. Shapiro has made me feel extremely supported, safe, and taken care of. I feel like he loves his patients and truly cares about their outcome. He has pictures all over his office of all of the babies he has helped bless families with. And not cheesy fake ones. You can tell they are from real families! When he greets you, he shakes your hand with both hands and looks in your eyes. He just seems sincere and sweet! And very competent. He can explain every detail of every procedures extremely well, which is important to me!
Before your consultation, come up with a list of questions that you have. Dr. Shapiro answered so many of our questions in great detail and it really helped us make our decision to stay with him for our treatment.
Dr. Shapiro is very warm and caring. He listens to all of our worries and concerns and makes us feel supported. I was extremely overwhelmed when trying to decide on a fertility doctor but I had continually heard great things about Dr. Shapiro and his team. I had been treated pourly in the past and was having a hard time finding a doctor who truly cared about our family and took the time to invest in us. We are currently in the middle of treatment but every interaction we have had so far has been wonderful!
We are still in the middle of our treatment but every interaction so far has been great. The nursing staff is very friendly and has gone out of their way to make sure we have all of our labs, blood work, ultrasounds, etc. ready before starting treatment. They are very prompt in returning phone calls and getting you the information needed to feel prepared.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
I really love this clinic! It is extremely clean, organized, and warm. They have little snacks and drinks available in the waiting room, which I think is sweet! It’s also located in a nice part of town and is easy to get to!
Las Vegas

We walked away from our meetings [with Dr. Carrie Bedient] knowing the success rates but thinking that pursuing IVF would be a slam dunk to conceive. She did not require that we do genetic testing until after 3 failed IVF transfers. After 2 we were very worried and requested it ourselves. After we received the results she said that she was so glad that we did it since our embryos had so many abnormalities
The clinic [Fertility Center of LV] is clean and well organized. I loved that the waiting room has snacks and drinks because sometimes you are there for long periods of time! The staff is all so friendly and helpful and oftentimes they remember you by name which adds a level of comfort. My only odd complaint is that I don't like the TV on in the waiting room, I'm nervous enough at appointments and maybe the sound soothes others but it irritates me.
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
I couldn't imagine a better doctor to have while going through this emotionally and physically exhausting journey! She puts you at ease while also making sure that you are informed each step of the way. She never made me feel rushed to ask questions and I always felt comfortable asking anything. My one complaint is that I feel that she can be overly optimistic. I think that a certain level is necessary to provide hope but I felt like the response "you are young and healthy" gave my husband and myself too much false hope. We walked away from our meetings knowing the success rates but thinking that pursuing IVF would be a slam dunk to conceive. She did not require that we do genetic testing until after 3 failed IVF transfers. After 2 we were very worried and requested it ourselves. After we received the results she said that she was so glad that we did it since our embryos had so many abnormalities. I have trusted her each step of the way (and of course none of us expected those results) but sometimes providing too much hope of success can be a double-edged sword for patients.
Go visit her! She has such a calming quality about her which will put your anxious minds at ease. Make sure to write down questions that you have beforehand. She will answer all of them, you just have to remember what you want to ask!
Dr. Bedient makes you feel like you are her only patient. Over the phone or in person she takes the time to answer all of your questions and makes sure that you have all of the information that you need. Her bedside manner and calming demeanor are exactly what are needed in such a sensitive field!
The first treatment strategy (after all initial diagnostic testing was completed) was trying letrezol pills to induce ovulation - as my irregular cycles indicated that my body was not ovulated consistently on its own - with timed intercourse. We pursued this for 3 cycles with no success. We personally chose to skip the IUI treatment path next and instead went straight into IVF. We had the egg retrieval and instead of a fresh transfer, all 5 day blastocysts were frozen for subsequent frozen embryo transfers.
She was usually quick to respond via email with all of my questions and concerns, even after hours.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The clinic is clean and well organized. I loved that the waiting room has snacks and drinks because sometimes you are there for long periods of time! The staff is all so friendly and helpful and oftentimes they remember you by name which adds a level of comfort. My only odd complaint is that I don't like the TV on in the waiting room, I'm nervous enough at appointments and maybe the sound soothes others but it irritates me. Otherwise we love the clinic!
$14,400 for the global ivf package which included the egg retrieval, anesthesia, IVF coordinator, bloodwork, ultrasounds, transfers for up to 1 year, embryo storage for 1 year.
Dr. Bedient strongly encouraged us to only transfer one embryo at a time to minimize the risks of carrying multiples. We had the choice either way, however.
Las Vegas

in person he [Dr. Bruce Shapiro] made me feel cared for but never seemed to really remember my story each subsequent visit/loss...seemed very knowledgable however denied there were any interventions to improve male factor infertility or provide information on improving all the odds with natural intervention. He was not open to anything outside his standard set of action...initially it was very straight forward as we believed our only issue was male factor low count, we were told our only option was IVF no chance with IUI. we had egg retrieval with freeze all cycle, underwent 4 transfers. after the 3rd miscarrage a new round of tests were ordered to figure out what was causing recurrent miscarriages. all came back normal.
i had different "contact" person all the time [at Fertility Center of Las Vegas], they would change mid cycle without any notice. rarely return phone calls or emails, never explained anything, would forget to order meds, never remembered me after 3 years of being with the same clinic...initially they worked with us explaining how to get testing done through PCP to save costs but after a while they withheld information on how to save financially. about a year after undergoing IVF we found out we were entitled to a refund and thankfully did not have to fight to get it.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
in person he made me feel cared for but never seemed to really remember my story each subsequent visit/loss
i had different "contact" person all the time, they would change mid cycle without any notice. rarely return phone calls or emails, never explained anything, would forget to order meds, never remembered me after 3 years of being with the same clinic.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Terrible office/medical staff, scheduled appointments for testing wrong, never seemed to know who i was despite coming multiple times a week/month for 3 years, terrible communication, no compassion, terrible organization, potential scam as i have heard since multiple couples having poor semen analyses done and outside clinics would report normal findings yet the clinic would push for moving straight to IVF no other interventions.
we were purely out of pocket except for lab work, initially they worked with us explaining how to get testing done through PCP to save costs but after a while they withheld information on how to save financially. about a year after undergoing IVF we found out we were entitled to a refund and thankfully did not have to fight to get it.
until we underwent 3 miscarriages he only allowed us to transfer 1 embryo, on our 4th and final transfer he was ok with transfering our final 2 embryos
Las Vegas

This [Fertility Ctr of Las Vegas] is a very busy office and when you are having a procedure done or meeting with the doctor you can expect to wait from half hour to an hour. Overall, I feel they do try to make you not feel like a number and get you in quickly for blood draws and Ultrasounds. The receptionist Veronica is very friendly and greets you by name.... Had great convenient early morning appointments. The Admins, Nurses and Phlebotomy we’re always friendly.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Shapiro’s knowledge is outstanding. He does not sugar coat much and initially said that he thought my best outcome would be with donor eggs, but we can try IUI and/or IVF. Dr Shapiro was very compassionate after a miscarriage on my first IUI. He wasn’t available for a couple of IUIs but other Doctors from office stepped in which was great. He did push to move onto IVF after the 3rd IUI but my insurance required 6. I have heard of other office getting this waived. In the end on our final IUI we got pregnant which surprised everyone. I was impressed that Dr. Shapiro always called with both negative and positive results.
Be persistent, if you are not getting the answers you need call, email, and call again.
This is a very busy office and when you are having a procedure done or meeting with the doctor you can expect to wait from half hour to an hour. Overall, I feel they do try to make you not feel like a number and get you in quickly for blood draws and Ultrasounds. The receptionist Veronica is very friendly and greets you by name.
Clomid for cycles 1-5 and letrozole for cycle 6. With trigger shot on all cycles. Cycle 1 got pregnant lost baby at 9.5 weeks and cycle 6 got pregnant and delivered healthy baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Nurse was very caring but I did struggle to get ahold of her on multiple occasions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Had great convenient early morning appointments. The Admins, Nurses and Phlebotomy we’re always friendly. Lobby had snacks and drinks. Dr Shapiro always took time to greet you in passing. Do expect to have a long wait.
I had some insurance coverage and had to pay a copay $30 and balance after coverage approximately $250. Plus medication.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
At times I struggled to get returned calls which caused delays getting meds and instructions.
Las Vegas

Dr Shapiro was always warm and welcoming. He took his time explaining everything to us. Our appointment was scheduled an hour and 15 mins before we actually got to see him. But after getting into the office and realizing why he was running late we understood, its because he gave personal and detailed care.... Expect a long wait time in his office, while waiting to see him.... We saw him to get checked and diagnosed for infertility.
Clinic [Fertility Ctr of LV] was clean. It seemed like everything ran smoothly. Longer wait times to see doctor, but when dealing with nurses and other staff everything was right on time. They provided snacks and water in the waiting room, which was nice. Chairs and sofas were comfortable.... Nurses were very helpful, and answered all my questions and concerns. While doing one of the necessary tests for my uterus I had concerns about it being as painful as the testing I had done the day before. The nurses assured me this test wouldn't be as painful and would be easier. There were 2 nurses in the room, the both checked at every step of the way to make sure I was comfortable and not in pain.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Expect a long wait time in his office, while waiting to see him.
Dr Shapiro and staff were always warm, welcoming and smiling. He and staff always had time to explain everything to us, returned phone calls promptly.
We didn't go through any cycles with him. We saw him to get checked and diagnosed for infertility.
Nurses were very helpful, and answered all my questions and concerns. While doing one of the necessary tests for my uterus I had concerns about it being as painful as the testing I had done the day before. The nurses assured me this test wouldn't be as painful and would be easier. There were 2 nurses in the room, the both checked at every step of the way to make sure I was comfortable and not in pain. They were all so warm and made us feel comfortable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Clinic was clean. It seemed like everything ran smoothly. Longer wait times to see doctor, but when dealing with nurses and other staff everything was right on time. They provided snacks and water in the waiting room, which was nice. Chairs and sofas were comfortable.
Dr Shapiro had a very strong stance only a 1 embryo transfer. My husband and I prefer to do 2 embryos. He insisted on only one. After we explained why we wanted 2 done (I'm 35, we both want at least 2 kids and we are afraid we won't be able to afford to do a second IVF) he said that he would consider doing 2, after he explained all the pros/cons and risks of doing so. He also said because I was a taller female with a longer abdomen, who is healthy otherwise that doing 2 wouldn't be out of the question. He said we would discuss it further after the egg retrieval.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Bedient was kind, I never felt rushed, and she remembered personal details of things we had discussed about my personal life and would ask me about them at follow up appointments. She seemed to genuinely take in interest in my health and helping me get pregnant.... I did 50 mg of Clomid, with an HCG trigger shot, and IUI 6x. I was carefully monitored via bloodwork and vaginal ultrasounds and always kept in the loop about how many mature eggs I had.
Strengths: Appointments always start on time, you are in and out quickly, the staff [Fertility Center of Las Vegas] is entirely female (except for one male Doctor but I never saw him), staff is friendly and compassionate, lots of ample parking Weaknesses: Billing/Finance department, I had several issues with the finance team, it eventually got resolved and I was reimbursed for everything I was overcharged, but it took a year for me to get my money back. I would have left the clinic and gone some where else, but my Doctor was awesome.
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr Bedient is a female, which I love, when discussing sensitive issues regarding reproduction. She is also a mother so she has been through pregnancy herself. She is kind, compassionate, and always fit me into her schedule if it was an emergency. She was willing to answer any questions I had and took her time during every appointment.
Double check everything done with billing/insurance, I had several issues with their finance department
The nursing staff was great in this office, they are all female and very prompt. My appointments always started on time and once you are brought back into a patient room, the nurses are usually in the room within a couple minutes. Follow up instructions were clearly given, prescriptions were called in with no issues, and they return phone calls quickly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Strengths: Appointments always start on time, you are in and out quickly, the staff is entirely female (except for one male Doctor but I never saw him), staff is friendly and compassionate, lots of ample parking Weaknesses: Billing/Finance department, I had several issues with the finance team, it eventually got resolved and I was reimbursed for everything I was overcharged, but it took a year for me to get my money back. I would have left the clinic and gone some where else, but my Doctor was awesome.
My IUIs were covered by insurance but I did a financial consultation for IVF, they charge $15,000 not including medication

Anovulation, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
He [Dr. Bruce Shapiro] convinced us that IVF was the only treatment that would work. He was not clear with my treatment and I was confused as to why we did certain treatments or medications. When it was time to give me the results of the egg retrieval and the transfer I did not receive a call. I had to call and wait on hold and be transferred several times before speaking with him directly. He told me that the results were not good but was confused as to why I called, he claimed he called and left me a message. I did not have any messages. When my husband and I went in for our follow up he just said it didn’t work because “we weren’t one of the lucky ones”.
The nurse that I had [at Fertility Centers of LV] failed to call me with several changes. She emailed me late at night after I had already take. My nightly dose and claimed that she sent me the email earlier than she did. She also did not call the new prescription to the pharmacy when I needed it. I was forced to wait at the pharmacy for an hour waiting for results. I also requested that they send my file to my gynecologist in which they failed to do. They consistently failed to confirm my insurance payments as well.
Anovulation, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Bruce Shapiro was confident that “he would get me pregnant on the first try”. He convinced us that IVF was the only treatment that would work. He was not clear with my treatment and I was confused as to why we did certain treatments or medications. When it was time to give me the results of the egg retrieval and the transfer I did not receive a call. I had to call and wait on hold and be transferred several times before speaking with him directly. He told me that the results were not good but was confused as to why I called, he claimed he called and left me a message. I did not have any messages. When my husband and I went in for our follow up he just said it didn’t work because “we weren’t one of the lucky ones”.
Be an advocate for yourself. If you feel like he is pushing you to the side and not answering your questions let him know. Be more vocal because if you sit by and let him take over he won’t Include you.
I reached out to my nurse nearly daily to confirm appointments, confirm medication and for support. I did not hear back from her for a few days after my initial contact. I also was not greeted when I enter the clinic, I was told to sit down. I was also forgotten about and skipped over while waiting for my appointment.
Bruce Shapiro was not willing to do any treatment other than IVF. He said that my husband has varicocele and no surgery will fix him. He said we would use ICSI and that will make the embryos more healthy. He used typical injection doses and medications. I did have one canceled cycle that he did not explain why or what we will be doing differently.
Christie was terrible. She failed to notify me several times of medications were staying the same or changing. She was not compassionate or caring. She said she had a large case load and was trying to get back to me. I was also not able to connect with anyone on the weekends. The ultrasound tech was far worse though. She told me they were canceling my cycle with no empathy or care. She dismissed my questions about it also.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Clinics strengths: easily accessed, times they were open were helpful for working individuals, and the lab is on site. Weaknesses: organization, empathy, communication and over care. The clinic in my mind would have been a better if they treated you less like a number and more like a person. They were very hard to get a hold of 90% of the time. I have sat on hold for 10-15 minutes at a time. I was only ever able to speak to my doctor directly once or twice over a 6 month period.
$22,000 for the IVF + ICSI + genetic testing $9,000 for medications and other appointments
Bruce Shapiro was not willing to use multiple embryos to transfer but in the end we inky had one viable embryo to transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The nurse that I had failed to call me with several changes. She emailed me late at night after I had already take. My nightly dose and claimed that she sent me the email earlier than she did. She also did not call the new prescription to the pharmacy when I needed it. I was forced to wait at the pharmacy for an hour waiting for results. I also requested that they send my file to my gynecologist in which they failed to do. They consistently failed to confirm my insurance payments as well.

2012 - 2016
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Other
He [Dr. Daneshmand] always talked to me even while sitting in the waiting room and he was behind the glass in the office. He always answered my emails even while i was no longer his patient...Dr. Daneshmand is very caring. He understood our troubles and sympathized wanting very much to give the direction we needed. He makes it his life making other peoples dreams of having a family come true...
[The FertCtr - Summ clinic] Strengths: Easy to get to. Nice and comfortable Timely appointments...don't have to wait long Weakness: Sahara office can get busy...Since I was a patient over 5 years i had different care coordinators. Each was very helpful and compassionate. The nursing staff remained the same and they were excellent in all ways...
2012 - 2016
4 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Other
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Give him a chance to help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He always talked to me even while sitting in the waiting room and he was behind the glass in the office. He always answered my emails even while i was no longer his patient.
Describe the protocols Said Daneshmand used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Las Vegas and their degree of success.
IVF: Fresh transfer follistim 250 menopur ganerelix HCG Results: 9 eggs estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results: 5 embryos only 1 made to day 5 transferred the one with neg. pregnancy IVF: 2 egg retrievals, both frozen Gonal F 300 Menopur Cetrotide Results: Cant remember total eggs estrodial progesterone inj and capsules Results: 2 embryos made it to day 5. both frozen and transferred. Positive pregnancy with a singleton healthy baby boy!!!!!! IVF: Gonal F 300 Menopur cetrotide Results: 3 eggs estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results:, 1 embryo none made it to day 5 IVF- Frozen Transfer Follistim 300 menopur cetrotide Results: 2 eggs estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results: 1 embryo. Positive pregnancy but lost the baby. Egg Donor: Fresh transfer 15 eggs retrieved estrace progesterone inj and capsules Results: only 1 made it to day 5 embryo, currently pregnant with singleton.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Around +/- $9,000 each cycle. After the first cycle Dr. Daneshmand waived his fee. Also, between $2,000 and $5,000 for the medications. I would have medication left over for some cycles.

2013 - 2015
4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
Above all else - I trust [Dr. Daneshmand]. I trust that he will be honest and candid with us, but at the same time maintain a positive atmosphere. I appreciate that...At times, we felt like there were too many patients being treated at one time.
The nurses [at The Fertility Center] are all very friendly and kind...At times, we felt like there were too many patients being treated at one time...We found out about our miscarriage while in the office, and I definitely think the nurses could have handled that better...Getting meds and injections ordered and picked up/delivered always seems to be a last minute, frantic scramble.
2013 - 2015
4 IVF, 4 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Above all else- I trust Dr D. I trust that he will be honest and candid with us, but at the same time maintain a positive atmosphere. I appreciate that.
Dr. D. truly wants all of his patients to have success, and as a patient you can feel that; feel that he cares about you and your partner and wants the best for you.
At times, we felt like there were too many patients being treated at one time. The front desk would cross wires with the billing dept., who would cross wires with our IVF consultant, specialty pharmacy, etc. And as the years went on, there were many times that we wouldn't receive information until we asked specifically for it. As opposed to being offered the information- what if we didn't know to ask?
The nurses are all very friendly and kind, and maintain a positive atmosphere at the office and during procedures. However- We found out about our miscarriage while in the office, and I definitely think the nurses could have handled that better. The 2 nurses left the Ultrasound wand inserted and left the room to go find Dr D when they coudn't find a heartbeat. My husband and I had to wait in the exam room for a few minutes not knowing what was going on with the wand in me! All alone! It was awful.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Getting meds and injections ordered and picked up/delivered always seems to be a last minute, frantic scramble. And there were a few times I had to ask about upcoming meds tobe sure I had them because no one bothered to let me know I needed them. We were "accidentally" charged $500 last week (taken directly out of our checking acct), and when my husband followed up, (after they finally called back after 3 days)- they explained it was a mistake and we would have to wait for them to cut us a check.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Daneshmand was very kind with great bedside manner, genuinely compassionate. My only complaint was feeling deceived with total cost. We ended up spending almost double of the high end estimate we were given at our consultation. Also, Dr. Daneshmand was out of town the day of or scheduled embryo transfer. He gave me the option of postponing one month (more costs for additional meds) or proceeding with his partner, Dr. Bruce Shapiro doing transfer. We let Shapiro do transfer and it was successful!
They [Fertility Center of Las Vegas] underestimated the total cost, even with high end of their initial quote for 2 egg retrieval. We ended up spending double what we anticipated. Not many long term financing options available that we qualified for and we paid entirely cash because our insurance didn't cover any fertility treatment....Great communication via phone and email and in person. Available and responsive to my questions.
2 IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Be prepared financially to spend more than is initially estimated.
Great bedside manner, personally called us himself with results, personally e-mailed responses to questions and concerns during IVF cycle
IVF, 2 egg retrieval cycles, one frozen embryo transfer. Meds included Follistim, Menopur, HGH trigger shot, Estradiol, hormone patches, and others I can't recall. Transferred one 5 day blastocyst embryo and first transfer was successful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Arlene)
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
They underestimated the total cost, even with high end of their initial quote for 2 egg retrieval. We ended up spending double what we anticipated. Not many long term financing options available that we qualified for and we paid entirely cash because our insurance didn't cover any fertility treatment.
I can't remember specifics but total cost for 2 IVF egg retrieval cycles with donor sperm and one frozen embryo transfer were about $50,000
Describe Said Daneshmand's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
Dr. Daneshmand would only transfer 2 at a time and discussed success rates and risks. We planed to transfer 2 embryos, but on the day of the transfer, he was unavailable and his partner Dr. Shapiro did the actual transfer. He discussed risks of transferring 2 embryos and higher risk pregnancy and prematurity with multiples, so we opted to only transfer one embryo at the last. It worked and seems like we made the right decision for us.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Bedient is very understanding and straightforward. She always makes time to see me and reaches out to colleagues for opinions or questions if needed....She always has taken time for me and "thinks outside the box." She gives me recommendations and explains things very well....I have an Ovarian Isuffiency with a low egg reserve so she first wanted to make sure I had no underlying autoimmune issues.
Overall, the clinic seems very clean and everyone is friendly. I never had any procedures outside of ultrasound and lab work here. The receptionists here are very nice and answered a lot of questions on my initial phone call. The clinic also provided a free consultation for new patients, which I felt was helpful....Most of my stuff was billed to medical insurance because of my ovarian insufficiency and low hormone levels.
2017 - 2019
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Dr. Bedient is very understanding and straightforward. She always makes time to see me and reaches out to colleagues for opinions or questions if needed. She always answers my questions and takes time to explain things to my husband. Even though my situation has not had the outcome I hoped for I still feel she trys to offer options to me.
That she is a great doctor.
I have an Ovarian Isuffiency with a low egg reserve so she first wanted to make sure I had no underlying autoimmune issues. She ordered lots of lab work and ovarian ultrasounds. She first tried cyclical hormone therapy to see if we could get follicles to grow. I took up to 6 mg of Estradiol daily for several months and 200 mg of Progrsterone hoping that we could do an IUI. Ultimately, I decided to take a break because of the side effects of that much Estrogen. I currently take a lower maintenance dose.
Las Vegas

He [Dr. Bruce Shapiro] put us on clomid and pregnyl to help regulate my cycle. Because of my recurrent losses, he put me on high doses of progesterone. He seems very overly cautious which I love!...He is always kind and compassionate. He genuinely wants to help us...He is very educated. He does not push ivf at the beginning and is willing to try less invasive procedures first. He is kind and makes you feel good about your procedure. I feel like I’m valued as a patient. He genuinely wants us to get pregnant and seems very confident that he can help us.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Center of Las Vegas] is kind and very helpful. They return calls very quickly and answer questions. Even the financial department was able to get my insurance approval on a moments notice. I love this office!...They give you free water and juice in the waiting room. The phlebotomists and nurses know you by name. The front office staff is always smiling and makes you feel valued and welcome. The finance department is amazing. She was able to get my insurance coverage on a moments notice and the front office staff helped her. I just love how kind and compassionate the whole office is. Everyone is wanting your success.
How was your experience with Bruce Shapiro at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Ask as many questions as you can. Make sure you fully understand the procedures and tests.
He is always kind and compassionate. He genuinely wants to help us.
He put us on clomid and pregnyl to help regulate my cycle. Because of my recurrent losses, he put me on high doses of progesterone. He seems very overly cautious which I love!
The nursing staff is kind and very helpful. They return calls very quickly and answer questions. Even the financial department was able to get my insurance approval on a moments notice. I love this office!
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
In a great area. They give you free water and juice in the waiting room. The phlebotomists and nurses know you by name. The front office staff is always smiling and makes you feel valued and welcome. The finance department is amazing. She was able to get my insurance coverage on a moments notice and the front office staff helped her. I just love how kind and compassionate the whole office is. Everyone is wanting your success.
$2202
Las Vegas

IVF with own eggs, Day 5 frozen embryo transfer [with Dr. Bedient]. Treatment plan for endometriosis and severe endometriosis during IVF cycle and pregnancy. Successful IVF cycle, currently pregnant with a Singleton! We have a game plan for future transfers and endometriosis control and treatment as well...Very real, very supportive, loving, kind, knowledgeable, and extremely caring in all she does. Highly recommend her and her staff, everyone there is so nice and helpful! She has been such an amazing resource and guide through the craziness of IVF.
[The nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas was] Absolutely wonderful!! Genuinely cared for me and my process I was going through. Would make herself available to me at all times and all hours of the day/night! Such a sweetheart! She even walked me through my first injections over the phone! She’s incredible and I had an extremely awesome experience with her!...Strengths: incredible and friendly staff, evidence-based fertility treatments, caring doctor who makes sure you know everything up front and that helps you choose the best route for your family. No weaknesses that I am aware of or saw. :-)
How was your experience with Carrie Bedient at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
Unbelievable doctor! Very real, very supportive, loving, kind, knowledgeable, and extremely caring in all she does. Highly recommend her and her staff, everyone there is so nice and helpful! She has been such an amazing resource and guide through the craziness of IVF.
Expect to be treated really well :-)
IVF with own eggs, Day 5 frozen embryo transfer. Treatment plan for endometriosis and severe endometriosis during IVF cycle and pregnancy. Successful IVF cycle, currently pregnant with a Singleton! We have a game plan for future transfers and endometriosis control and treatment as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Las Vegas. (Assigned nurse: Christy )
About $23,000 for everything
My age (30 at time of retrieval/transfer) was the biggest factor. Being young increased the chances of a successful cycle. Also I’ve miscarried before, so we didn’t want to try to put in too many embryos at once until we knew for sure how my body would react to carrying a baby again.
Las Vegas

I personally vetted numerous doctors and he has the best bed side manner of any doctor I interviewed. He [Dr. Daneshmand] knew my name and remembered me and was always caring, yet realistic about the treatment....Very open and honest. Given my age, honesty was a huge factor for me. He clearly explained the processes and showed a lot of compassion. I am still early on in treatment, but very impressed.
The clinic [Fertility Center of Las Vegas] itself is warm and inviting. It's not large and cold feeling. There are lots of people around and they are always smiling and say hi, even if they don't know me. Comfort is such a huge factor when you are undergoing this kind of very personal treatment and I felt very much at ease....I have only had a few preliminary tests and procedures. An ultrasound and blood work. Everything was normally priced within the range of other clinics offering the same services.
How was your experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas?
He will be very thorough but come with questions. And do not be afraid to ask questions - even if you feel they are hard or embarrassing.
I personally vetted numerous doctors and he has the best bed side manner of any doctor I interviewed. He knew my name and remembered me and was always caring, yet realistic about the treatment.
Again, I am still very early on in the process. But my age is the factor here and so we are basing treatment on that.
I've been to the clinic a few times and they are so warm and nice. I have mostly just seen the physicians there, though. I have had little interaction with the nursing staff, but it has been positive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Las Vegas.
The clinic itself is warm and inviting. It's not large and cold feeling. There are lots of people around and they are always smiling and say hi, even if they don't know me. Comfort is such a huge factor when you are undergoing this kind of very personal treatment and I felt very much at ease.
Las Vegas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Said Daneshmand at Fertility Center of Las Vegas.