Fertility Center of Southern California

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
2192 Martin Street
Irvine, CA 92612
949-955-0072
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of Southern California to a friend?
1 doctor
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The clinic [Fertility Ctr of SoCal] does a good job communicating with eachother but I don't know what they communication pathway is so I don't always know who to contact for what. I'm learning that emailing the nurses is better than calling the front desk and leaving a message. To me, the clinic always looks disorganized but I'm always pleasantly surprised that things don't fall through the crack and they are generally on top of things.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Southern California.
The clinic does a good job communicating with eachother but I don't know what they communication pathway is so I don't always know who to contact for what. I'm learning that emailing the nurses is better than calling the front desk and leaving a message. To me, the clinic always looks disorganized but I'm always pleasantly surprised that things don't fall through the crack and they are generally on top of things.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ilene Hatch at Fertility Center of Southern California?
Dr. Hatch does not batch cycle and pays very close attention to your cycle so she can create a unique protocol to get the best results. She would personally call me, sometimes as late as 8pm, to give me my stim med dosage or the results of a test. She has come in to see me on her days off and would have done my egg retrieval on a Sunday if necessary. Her entire team remembers my name and do not rush me off the phone or out of a consultation room if I have additional questions. Dr. Hatch asks me personal questions and remembers little details about my life I tell her. She has gone through ART and understands the stress of this process from a personal level.
The nurses are great and do their best to answer my questions. If they are busy or overwhelmed, they never ever show it. They do not appear to pass work off on eachother and any will stop what they are doing to answer my question.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of Southern California?
How was your experience with Ilene Hatch at Fertility Center of Southern California?
Dr. Hatch is a passionate and compassionate person and a darn good doctor. She investigated every aspect of my history and developed a unique treatment plan for me. She is approachable so I feel confident asking questions. I once raised a concern about something and she sat down with me and went over all the details I needed to understand the issue. Sometimes she has so many balls in the air she will make assumptions about what my question is so I have to be sure to advocate for myself if she missed my question. I truly believe that Dr. Hatch is part of my baby making team and I know that she will humbly point me in the direction of someone else if she cannot help me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ilene Hatch at Fertility Center of Southern California?
Make an appt a few months before you actually want to see her. It took my 4 months to get an appt. Be prepared to wait 1 hr to see her. She is worth it and will give you all the attention you need.
Describe the protocols Ilene Hatch used in your cycles at Fertility Center of Southern California and their degree of success.
IVF with her "kitchen sink protocol" which includes steroids, blood thinners, antibiotics, and extra folic acid. Mock cycle with hysteroscopy followed by FET.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Center of Southern California.
We were scheduled during a specific window. It was not first come first serve but the wait times were generally 45min.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ilene Hatch at Fertility Center of Southern California.
Insurance covers most of my services. The office was great at getting me cash rates for non covered services or getting pre-auth for necessary procedures. The billing dept does take a long time to actually send a claim to my insurance company.
Describe Ilene Hatch's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of Southern California.
single embryo transfer due to my age and being high risk of miscarriage
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
The ONLY complaint I have is the wait time [Fertility Ctr of SoCal] can be a little long sometimes. Other than that, everything has been a breeze. They have coffee in the waiting room and I’m usually in and out of there in an hour or less from start to finish.... Everyone at the office I have come in contact with has been so sweet. Other offices I’ve been too, I’ve always felt like just another number or money bag. Here, I feel like they all really care and want to help each and every patient.
European, Latino
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Southern California.
The ONLY complaint I have is the wait time can be a little long sometimes. Other than that, everything has been a breeze. They have coffee in the waiting room and I’m usually in and out of there in an hour or less from start to finish.
I am still under the care of Dr. Hatch and I have been so pleased with her care. At my first consultation she spent so much time with me, didn’t feel rushed, and answered ALL of my questions. I also felt a great connection with her as she was diagnosed with the same condition as me. Premature Ovarian Failure. She is realistic, but not harsh. All of the ladies that work there have also been lovely and I feel like I am finally at the right place.
Dr. Hatch spends so much time with her patients. Which may be why it takes a little longer in the waiting room, but it’s never been TOO bad. I never feel rushed when talking to her and she always makes a point to call me in the evening the same day of my appointment with my blood results.
Get a consultation ASAP because her office books out far in advance.
Because my condition is pretty rare and I do not respond well to fertility meds, my protocol is a little different. I am essentially going through premature menopause at 26 and will spontaneously ovulate. So Dr. Hatch likes to see me every couple weeks to see if I’m possibly growing a follicle to catch it before I ovulate.
So far I’ve only had to pay for ultra sounds and blood work which is only around $300 per visit.
2013 - 2018
Strengths- the clinic [Fert Ctr of So Cal] is open 7 days a week to accommodate for all female cycles. They make sure to get back to you the same day when you have a STAT lab test even if not until later in the evening. I love knowing that they won't keep me hanging. Weakness is that you can often be waiting a very long time (up to an hour or more) past your scheduled time. While this can be difficult to manage, I feel Dr. Hatch and her team are well worth the wait.
2013 - 2018
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Southern California.
Strengths- the clinic is open 7 days a week to accommodate for all female cycles. They make sure to get back to you the same day when you have a STAT lab test even if not until later in the evening. I love knowing that they won't keep me hanging. Weakness is that you can often be waiting a very long time (up to an hour or more) past your scheduled time. While this can be difficult to manage, I feel Dr. Hatch and her team are well worth the wait. They make sure each person feels they have had the time they need so by taking time with each patient, it's bound to set them back with those who are waiting.
I went to a different doctor first for a consult and she was horrible. It was clear that I was just a number so when I found Dr. Hatch she was a breath of fresh air! Her heart is really still in this after so many years of practice... it's apparent all she really cares about is helping people make babies! MORE than the money. I can tell from multiples comments she's made that it's not about the money to her. She is very warm and caring and she never makes you feel rushed and takes the time to talk to you and hear your concerns. She connects with you on a level that just doesn't exist much these days with doctors.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Southern California. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
All of the staff there is completely knowledgeable and so good at communicating. They let me explain my concerns and most of the time they can give me answers that they know are what Dr. Hatch would say. If there is ever a situation where they think they need to discuss with her, they do so promptly and get back to me with a quick response.
Dr. Hatch cares a lot about her patients and she takes the time to talk to you about all your concerns without making you feel rushed. She truly wants to help people get pregnant and that's what matters to her. She isn't always the person who sees you on every visit but she is there for the ones that matter. I feel so comfortable around her and it is rare that you feel that type of connection with a doctor these days.
Call ASAP! She is so popular that she sometimes has a waiting list for about 3 mos just to get in for a consult!
She gave me injections of progesterone and estrogen during my luteal phase because I was diagnosed with a luteal phase defecit when I first tried to get pregnant. The very first month she gave me these drugs I became pregnant!! But my second attempt at pregnancy has not been responsive to these drugs. I had a horrible post c-section infection and she thinks maybe there is damage from that to the fallopian tubes. She thinks IVF is our only option now.
I didn't have insurance coverage so she gave me a discount on consults and ultrasounds and labs. At one point, while seeing her, she actually lowered her ultrasound cost for cash patients by $50. So sweet!
She completely supports and and claims that there is no better chance with multiples which makes me happy because I absolutely do not want twins!
Endometriosis, Other
The nursing staff is great. They [Fert Ctr of S CA] show compassion and are well organized. They try to help you with the cost and work out plans that fit you specifically. My nurse stays in contact with me frequently and answers all my questions with love and understanding but also tells me the truth and doesn't sugar cost things...e only downfall of the clinic is the time it takes in the waiting room to be seen...staff take time to speak with you on a personal level.
Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Southern California.
The only downfall of the clinic is the time it takes in the waiting room to be seen. But the wait is worth it because dr hatch and her staff take time to speak with you on a personal level. I recommend bringing a book to read in the waiting room so you don't sit and stare at the clock. Trust me the long wait is worth it. Dr hatch takes extra time with each patient.
So far we have been happy with our doctor. She preformed laparoscopy on me to diagnos my reason for infertility and we are currently in the process to move forward with ivf. She had amazing bedside manner and make you feel like part of her family throughout the whole treatment
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Southern California. (Assigned nurse: Katy )
The nursing staff is great. They show compassion and are well organized. They try to help you with the cost and work out plans that fit you specifically. My nurse stays in contact with me frequently and answers all my questions with love and understanding but also tells me the truth and doesn't sugar cost things.
From the moment we met dr hatch she treated us like family. We were exhausted from trying to get pregnant with other doctors and not having a reason for my infertility. Dr hatch was the only doctor who agreed to do a Laparoscopy on me to try to find the issue. All other doctors denied the option because they said I was so young that it was a 90 percent chance they would find an issue. But doctor hatch listened to my concerns and did what she thought was best for me as a patient and friend. Every time we see dr hatch she is very welcoming and compassionate and make you feel like your one of her own kids. We are currently trying to save enough to undergo ivf treatment with doctor hatch
The clinic sometime takes a while to be seen but don't let that discourage you. The reason the wait can be a while is because she is treating each patient as a person not a number and she makes time to answer questions with you and be there for you.
From the beginning we knew we didn't want to try another round of IUI with dr hatch cause our treatments before with other doctors were unsuccessful. We went into dr hatches office to figure out the reason of my infertility and we did just that. So far we have undergone laparoscopy to diagnose the problem and are currently preparing for ivf cycle 1.
We paid about 500 total for office visits and blood work since we've been seen. Our laparoscopy was covered some under insurance so we payed only 200$ our ivf treatment is set to cost 10,045 plus about 7 k for the medications.
She has given us the option to do two embryos if we would like but has informed us of the possibility of multiples.
Irvine
The clinic [Fert Ctr of So Cal] is extremely busy so the wait time can be excessive, so make sure you allow time in your day for the appointment. The clinic is clean, but the waiting room can get extremely packed so the seating is limited...Andrea and every nurse I saw was extremely patient and always followed up on my questions in a timely manner. They were also very easy to get a hold of...Each visit was approx $500 which included ultra sound and blood work.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Southern California.
The clinic is extremely busy so the wait time can be excessive, so make sure you allow time in your day for the appointment. The clinic is clean, but the waiting room can get extremely packed so the seating is limited.
Dr. Hatch and her staff took the time to explain every detail and spoke to my husband and I with a lot of compassion. Dr. Hatch was also easily reachable via answering service. Because of her, we have not lost hope and she opened our minds and hearts to using an egg donor. We are currently looking for a donor with the guidance and help of Dr Hatch's team.
Andrea and every nurse I saw was extremely patient and always followed up on my questions in a timely manner. They were also very easy to get a hold of. They even allowed my husband to feel comfortable who was the skeptical one in this process after our last experience.
Dr. Hatch was the second fertility doctor my husband and I went to. We initially saw another fertility doctor who treated us like a number. A friend referred me to Dr. Hatch and unlike our last experience with fertility, she took ample time to sit with us, look us in the eyes and explain in black and white what our chances were of conceiving using my own eggs. She also oversaw a natural pregnancy of mine which unfortunately ended in a miscarriage. Throughout that painful process, she saw me each visit and was always honest but at the same time had so much compassion for what we were going through emotionally. It is because of her that my husband and I continue on the fertility journey and are now looking into donor eggs. She is patient, always smiles and her laugh is infectious.
One piece of advice I would give to a patient seeing any fertility doctor is to do research prior to walking into a fertility clinic. the process is so overwhelming that it's best to really understand the long road ahead. This will only help the doctor in treating you.
Dr. Hatch saw me on day two of each cycle to access whether or not I had enough eggs to move forward with IVF. She had all my records from my previous cycle with our first fertility doctor. Unfortunately my second IVF cycle was cancelled in the middle due to poor response. She suggested that we cancel as she did not think the outcome would a good one and to not continue to waste money on this cycle. I do not remember the amount of medication I took during the cycle.
Each visit was approx $500 which included ultra sound and blood work. cancelled IVF cycle was approx $15K.
I was informed that Dr. Hatch prefers to do a single transfer unless we are prepared and ok with having multiples.
Irvine
The only major negative is the waiting. Sometimes you wait in the waiting room for 20 mins or longer. But they [Fert Ctr of So Cal] have WiFi and coffee and tea and it’s never been a concern. Most times we wait less than 10 minutes to be taken into the back. They are well organized and always know who you are and what’s going on.... Everyone seems really knowledgeable and all seem to be well versed on each patient’s treatment course.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Southern California.
The only major negative is the waiting. Sometimes you wait in the waiting room for 20 mins or longer. But they have WiFi and coffee and tea and it’s never been a concern. Most times we wait less than 10 minutes to be taken into the back. They are well organized and always know who you are and what’s going on.
She’s so knowledgeable and yet so kind and genuinely interested in seeing her patients get pregnant. I always knew what she was thinking as far as my treatment was concerned and she made every step of the process easy to understand.
They all seem kind and considerate too. Some a bit more “business” than Dr. Hatch but I suppose that’s good balance. Everyone seems really knowledgeable and all seem to be well versed on each patient’s treatment course.
Knowledgeable, highly skilled, abreast of current research and data. No nonsense and yet somehow balances that with being genuinely kind and invested. I never felt like a number to her. I think it’s clear she wants This to happen for us. I honestly don’t have a negative for her specifically.
Be prepared to wait in the office but part of that is because once you meet with her, she takes her time and genuinely listens to you and wants to hear everything about you. Plus she is really thorough and covers everything with you. You feel valued.
I had a previous blocked tube with hydrosalpinx and thus only 1 “healthy” tube. Dr. Hatch evaluated everything about my fertility and hubby’s and found us to be very fertile except my 1 tube and we suspected some blockage. We did an HSG to clear it and 1 round of Clomid and IUI. Negative. Next cycle we did Clomid and 2 IUI’s and I ovulated 2 eggs (no hormones for me at all either cycle). Pregnant with twins! Both, however, were stuck in my bum tube. Twin ectopic pregnancies. Methotrexate to treat was unsuccessful. Surgery to remove my only tube. Dr. Hatch was devastated on my behalf because the surgery rendered me sterile, except for IVF. So, that’s where we are. Praying for money to come in (hence my filling this out) hoping to start IVF in April so we can have our rainbow.
We have 0 insurance compensation but I believe the initial visit was $150. Each ultrasound is $125. Clomid was $50. IUI was $280 I think? I’m not 100% sure on these numbers.
Haven’t done this yet. Our plan is to transfer 2.
Irvine
This clinics staff [Fertility Ctr of SoCal- Irvine] is beyond amazing. I feel like they truely cared and asked how treatment was going, how I was doing etc. everyone there is very friendly and genuine. Dr hatch is a well sought out doctor so at times there will be a wait, she wants to help as many people as she can so it is not the clinics fault when there is a wait or they have to move your appointment around. So try to go in knowing that they are just doing their best to help everyone.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Southern California.
This clinics staff is beyond amazing. I feel like they truely cared and asked how treatment was going, how I was doing etc. everyone there is very friendly and genuine. Dr hatch is a well sought out doctor so at times there will be a wait, she wants to help as many people as she can so it is not the clinics fault when there is a wait or they have to move your appointment around. So try to go in knowing that they are just doing their best to help everyone. They were great, you get to spend a lot of time with everyone so be nice and get to know them too. Honestly I am sad I don’t get to see them now that I graduated to a OB. I loved them all!
As I was seen and the office staff got to know me, they all felt like family. I loved every single person I met while seeing dr hatch.
I would be sitting in the waiting room and hear her laugh and knew it would be a good appointment. Her laugh makes me smile. I left every conversation with her feeling confident in her and her staff, that we were making the right decision in treatment for me and my husband. Even when a conversation was difficult she would put it in a way that was understandable, and she always had faith (even when I didn’t) that we would one day have a baby. She was right! For me and my husband, this was exactly the Doctor to help us in our fertility journey, I couldn’t imagine being treated by anyone else.
Some treatments don’t work, everyone’s body is different so my biggest advice is to not give up. Take a break if you need to, but never give up. Keep doing what Dr hatch and her staff recommend and she will get you there!
She told me that unless we for sure wanted multiples to only transfer one embryo. So that is what we did, just one and it stuck!
Irvine
Currently I have gone through three cycles of IUI [at Fertility Center of Southern California]. I felt sometimes that as an IUI patient, I got lost in the shuffle. In all of my 20+ monitoring appointments over the last three months, I have only seen Dr. Hatch three times. 3 out of my 4 IUIs (I did two back to back this last cycle) were performed by her PAs. Also many of my treatment decisions were made by PAs...I did sometimes receive conflicting information from one PA to the next; it seemed like my record wasn't as extensive as it should have been after I had been seen. For example, I had one PA tell me to come in a particular day, and I was called the next day by other PA to tell me I shouldn't be coming in that day, and she didn't even know I had spoken with the other PA the day before. I also was called three times over the course of a month by different nurses to share with me results from my infectious diseases test. It seems like no one is making a record when they share results or information with patients.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Southern California.
I would bear in mind that depending on your situation, you may not see Dr. Hatch often or at all. During my IUI cycles, I had two IUIs that happened to fall on a weekend, of which Dr. Hatch only works one Saturday a month. Also almost all of my monitoring appointments were performed by PAs. I wish I had known this so I could expect it going in. My biggest complaint so far is I never know who I am going to see, and sometimes it feels like there aren't good enough notes taken in between appointments, so I am often told conflicting information from one PA to the next.
Generally the staff is caring and and friendly.
The nursing staff is very friendly, kind and easy to work with.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of Southern California?
Dr. Hatch has an incredible bedside manner. Our consultation appointment was wonderful - she sat with us for an hour and chatted with us as human beings before getting into what our potential options might be. She was very warm and understanding, and I felt very comfortable with her.
Currently I have gone through three cycles of IUI. I felt sometimes that as an IUI patient, I got lost in the shuffle. In all of my 20+ monitoring appointments over the last three months, I have only seen Dr. Hatch three times. 3 out of my 4 IUIs (I did two back to back this last cycle) were performed by her PAs. Also many of my treatment decisions were made by PAs.
I did one round of IUI on 50 mg clomid. My lining was a bit thin so we switched to letrozole the next cycle, and then a higher dose of letrozole for my third cycle. I have yet to become pregnant and we will be moving on to IVF in the coming months.
Medications were $25-50 for my medicated IUI cycles. Each IUI was $285, any monitoring ultrasound directly related to the procedure was $125, and a blood draw for monitoring was $175. Other things were billed to insurance, like the CD2 bloodwork and beta test. Total for each IUI cycle we spent between $600-1200.
2012 - 2017
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Only thing I can say is be prepared to wait. It’s all worth it. There’s always someone [at Fert Ctr of So Cal] available to help you. If you leave a message you’ll get a call back. If you page someone they’ll call you back. They are skilled at drawing blood, I have crappy veins and they never missed....There were a few times I wasn’t called with lab results. I would then have the doctor paged and she would call me back.
2012 - 2017
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Southern California.
Only thing I can say is be prepared to wait. It’s all worth it. There’s always someone available to help you. If you leave a message you’ll get a call back. If you page someone they’ll call you back. They are skilled at drawing blood, I have crappy veins and they never missed.
We always said either you’re running a business or a practice and Dr Hatch and her all women team run a practice, they treat everyone like a family member. The wait is long but it’s worth it.
From the front desk gal to the medical assistants to the PA and NP they’re all so open and warm and care about you and your family. They’re sweet, kind and hopeful.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of Southern California?
The waiting room is full all the time, the wait is long and that’s because she takes her time with every patient. The wait time can be frustrating but she means well. She personally calls each patient with lab results and further instructions. She believed she could get me pregnant, and she told us give her one year, do everything she says to do, and 13 months later I was pregnant on a natural cycle with IUI.
Be patient and block off a lot of time to go see her because the waiting room is packed and the wait can be long.
As a premature ovarian insufficiency patient no protocol worked for me, we tried clomid, femara and injectables but tracking ovulation on a natural cycle and doing 2 IUI’s 24 hours apart is what worked.
They took my insurance which covered 50% of everything except the IUI’s, which if paid for the day of was $300
2012
They did care and the staff was very nice. The main issue I had with Dr. Hatch was that she really does heavily overbook. You will wait in her office waiting room and exam room for hours sometimes. For a person with a normal job this becomes very difficult. Especially when you are at a point where you need to go a few times a week for blood draws and such.
2012
All were very sweet and remembered me when I came in. They were understanding of the roller coaster that comes along with fertility and were a pleasure to work with. All female staff is nice too.
Again, she is very nice and warm and personable. She overbooks so you wait forever which is really annoying. She diagnosed me right and we did one IUI cycle and got pregnant. She watched me closely through the cycle but then she was out of town the weekend of my IUI so her PA did it. I ended up with 3 fertilized eggs, after which one of them split, so it was a bit of a nightmare at first. Not sure if anything had been different had she been in town that week, but its very hard to say. Ended up with healthy twins in the end so that is all that matters.
Be prepared to wait for a long time before each appointment.
2013
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr. Hatch spent time with you. She was real. Very personable....Dr. Hatch is honest and knows what she is doing! She is brilliant and a perfectionist. She really puts pride into her practice and is a real person!...Even though you wait for probably an hour sometimes, it's worth it. The front office [at fertility Center of Southern California] is disorganized, but Dr. Hatch makes up for all of that!
2013
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of Southern California.
Strengths are that Dr. Hatch is honest and knows what she is doing! She is brilliant and a perfectionist. She really puts pride into her practice and is a real person!
Dr. Hatch spent time with you. She was real. Very personable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of Southern California. (Assigned nurse: Evalyn)
caring, compassionate, knowledgeable
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of Southern California?
Even though you wait for probably an hour sometimes, it's worth it. The front office is disorganized, but Dr. Hatch makes up for all of that!
You'll love her! She's honest!
injections, icsi, prolonged our cycle to get optimal results
reasonable