Genetic counseling: Offered
864) 455-1600.
333 S. Pine
Spartanburg, SC 29302
864) 455-1600.
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of the Carolinas to a friend?

3 doctors
2016 - 2019
The clinic [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] is convenient and good. The front desk staff is nice and they know who you are. You are seen quickly and not waiting long for appointments. They work to get convenient appointment times when undergoing ivf...They have a lot of patients but no one knows your case better than you do. Be your own advocate... we struggle some with the nursing staff. There are 2 nurses and they don’t communicate well together and one nurse doesn’t handle your case. They only send mychart messages and don’t call to discuss things over the phone. You have to stay on top of them sometimes. Susan is great and nice and well seasoned in infertility. Alice is not good and isn’t a good communicator. We really like Sherri the ultrasound tech. We also really like Candace, the financial coordinator.
2016 - 2019
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
The clinic is convenient and good. The front desk staff is nice and they know who you are. You are seen quickly and not waiting long for appointments. They work to get convenient appointment times when undergoing ivf.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Susan and Alice )
While we really liked Dr. Likes, we struggle some with the nursing staff. There are 2 nurses and they don’t communicate well together and one nurse doesn’t handle your case. They only send mychart messages and don’t call to discuss things over the phone. You have to stay on top of them sometimes. Susan is great and nice and well seasoned in infertility. Alice is not good and isn’t a good communicator. We really like Sherri the ultrasound tech. We also really like Candace, the financial coordinator.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
How was your experience with Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Likes is very knowledgeable and receptive to discuss issues with us in depth. But I do feel like you need to be your own advocate and make sure you are heard. Schedule appointments to discuss things with him (rather than the nurse). If you don’t have a positive test, schedule and appointment to discuss things. Make your own list of items to discuss and be your own patient advocate. Take notes of your appointment. They have a lot of patients but no one knows your case better than you do. Be your own advocate.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Be your own advocate.
Describe the protocols Creighton Likes used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
First IVF - lupron, gonal-f, and menopour. We tried to do metformin beforehand so as to not have OHSS but it made me too sick. Second IVF - same protocol. Good results with both cycles in so far as eggs retrieved.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
We had insurance coverage that after meeting your deductible, it was an 80/20 split with a $20,000 lifetime max. We are very fortunate.
Describe Creighton Likes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
First cycle we did a fresh transfer and transferred two. Second cycle we decided to transfer only one embryo.
Greenville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .

From the time you check in [to Fertility Center of the Carolinas] to the time you check out, every one is very friendly. And once you have been going there for a while, like me, they actually remember you and what you are going through. Sometimes they get a little behind and you have to wait a while, but I have never waited longer than 15 mins...The nurses actually remember you and ask you questions about personal life or how I was doing in general.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
From the time you check in to the time you check out, every one is very friendly. And once you have been going there for a while, like me, they actually remember you and what you are going through. Sometimes they get a little behind and you have to wait a while, but I have never waited longer than 15 mins.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
There was always a specific plan just for me. He is always trying something to help like tweaking the medicine or adding extra care. The nurses actually remember you and ask you questions about personal life or how I was doing in general.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Sandy was usually my nurse, but we are now in the IVF process with Alice!)
Every time I saw Sandy after a follicle ultrasound she sat down with me and went over all the details very thoroughly. She was very quick to respond to my messages on MyChart. She would always ask how I was doing or what was going on in my personal life. Sandy has been an amazing nurse to me.
Every time we see Dr. Likes, he sits beside us and talks to us like we are real people. He answers any questions with great detail. He understands I like to know every detail of the process and is very honest with me. He is good at giving us different sides to each treatment that way we can make an informed decision.
Bring any questions you have and write them down. Sometimes you can get off the track and forget. Also, he talks fast but just tell him to slow down!
I first started out on Femara and Ovidrel (trigger shot). We kept increasing the dose and checking my blood levels. We have done Gonal F injections, increasing those medications based on my follicle count. We starting doing a second HCG shot 1 week after the trigger shot to support my HCG levels and also adding progesterone suppositories.
My husband works at GHS, so I am on his insurance. Before we meet our deductible, ultrasounds are usually around $250, blood work is around $50, medications vary from $5-$100.
Greenville

FCOC is one of two options for fertility care here in Greenville, SC. FCOC's strength is scheduling and finances. They always make sure bills are paid prior to your visits. Their weakness is individuality and empathy. What a tough road fertility is and it would be so refreshing to find a center that treats people as humans and not numbers.... I know that for our egg retrieval and FET, including medications we have spent about $17.500 out of pocket.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
We were told 5 minuted before my FET that our first (of 3) embryo was breaking down during the thawing process and that they would have to thaw a second to put in with the first. The delivery of the news was very cold and straight forward. I wish that we were told with a little more compassion.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Susan )
Most of the nursing staff was friendly. I didn't feel a lot of compassion from the team which bothered me. I was hoping for people to cheer along side us and rather everything felt pretty protocol.
How was your experience with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Greene was very outgoing and friendly but when it came to the medical terminology and explanations we felt that she took it all a little too quick. We wish that she would have slowed down to explain everything better for us.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Make sure that you are aware of all outcomes from your procedure and don't be afraid to ask questions... no matter how silly or repetitive.
Describe the protocols Lisa Green used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
The IVF nurses were the ones explaining protocol and treatment rounds to us.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I know that for our egg retrieval and FET, including medications we have spent about $17.500 out of pocket. We are waiting on an endometrial biopsy to figure out the next steps of our process. We have one frozen egg left to transfer and we will do that once all of our prior concerns and questions have been met.
Greenville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .

Endometriosis, Other
The nursing staff [at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] has been wonderful! They answer my questions through My Chart, and they will call me at my request. They have never made me feel like my questions were insignificant or unnecessary. They all have wonderful positive personalities. I have never had a bad experience...They have set up a meeting for my husband and I to talk to a financial person who took the time to explain how my insurance works and what it would cover. I really appreciated the information!!
Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
The clinic is very advanced. They have multiple doctors. I have only seen one, but I have heard great things about all of them! They take the time to determine what is causing infertility instead of treating all patients the same and throwing expensive treatments at every one that may or may not work. My friend also attended the same clinic (she’s pregnant now!) and our treatments were different since our causes are different. I love that we have answers and not just options.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Miller took his time with me. He answered all of my questions, and he treated me and my husband like individuals. We weren’t just another patient he gave a standard course of treatment to. He did all he could to identify the problem and treat that directly.
The nursing staff has been wonderful! They answer my questions through My Chart, and they will call me at my request. They have never made me feel like my questions were insignificant or unnecessary. They all have wonderful positive personalities. I have never had a bad experience.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Miller takes his time with us. That is important to me. I feel like he sees me as an individual and not just another patient bringing in money. He is sincere and supportive. I would highly recommend him to anyone seeking treatment for infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Ask all of your questions. He will take the time to answer them. He cares, and he is supportive.
Describe the protocols Paul Miller used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
Dr. Miller first ran blood work where he found a low AMH. We were doing timed intercourse and Femara at the time. Once he saw the low number, he changed the course of treatment to a hormone therapy, which brought the AMH number up. We tried Femara and injections, but I had a modest response. He then took the time to meet with us and discuss our options. He gave us a couple of options, and we chose IVF. He then arranged for us to meet with their finance person in order to get an idea of cost. Based on a suspicion of endometriosis, we opted to do a laparoscopy to give Dr. Miller a chance to look around as well as to treat me for severe cramping during menstruation. He found two areas that were causing my pain. While I was in recovery, he took the time to speak with my family and answer all of their questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
My insurance covers a majority of my costs. They have set up a meeting for my husband and I to talk to a financial person who took the time to explain how my insurance works and what it would cover. I really appreciated the information!!
Describe Paul Miller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
No comment. We haven’t gotten to that point yet.
Greenville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .

Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
Dr. Green's practice [Fertility Ctr of the Carolinas] is top of the line. All of the staff is very professional and I have no complaints at all about them. They make you feel special and take time to really understand the needs of their patients. I've been to other fertility places and I would say this was the best experience I've had. Dr. Green does not make her patients feel like they are beneath her and she take time for each one and does not rush.
Tubal Blockage, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Dr. Green's practice is top of the line. All of the staff is very professional and I have no complaints at all about them. They make you feel special and take time to really understand the needs of their patients. I've been to other fertility places and I would say this was the best experience I've had. Dr. Green does not make her patients feel like they are beneath her and she take time for each one and does not rush.
Dr. Green is very professional and she made me feel very comfortable through our entire process. I thank God for Dr. Green and her staff. They were very helpful and Dr. Green personally called me after my surgery to see how I was doing. We need more doctors like that!!!
All of Dr. Green's staff is very professional and friendly. They all make you feel special!!
How was your experience with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Green always has a great personality and she always seems happy. She was very patient with me, always answers all my questions and takes very good care of her patients. I thank God for Dr. Green and her love for her patients.
She is a great doctor and will make you feel very special. Fertility is a touch subject and Dr. Green was always happy and cheerful, no matter what.
Dr. Green removed both of my Fallopian tubes in November of 2017. I took hormone pills until May of 2018, when Dr. Green cleared me to start IVF. At that time, my husband and I did not have the money to start and we have been saving every since. We pray God will make a way for us to start a cycle of IVF soon, this year.
My insurance paid for my surgery, but everything else has been out of pocket. My husband and I are still saving for our first cycle of IVF and praying!!
Describe Lisa Green's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
We have not experienced this part yet.
Spartanburg

Their office [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] utilizes an online system where you can view all of your medical history and send messages to your doctor. They are great at quickly responding to any message I send or questions I have had. ... Everyone I've come in contact with in the office is always friendly and very attentive. ... I've never walked out feeling like they didn't fully attend to me during my appointment.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I really like this clinic overall. Everyone I've come in contact with in the office is always friendly and very attentive. I haven't had a negative experience with anyone on the staff. The office setting itself is very inviting and warm feeling. Even the lighting makes you feel more at ease. Which seems silly but when you're going through something as difficult as infertility even the smallest things can make you more comfortable.
Dr. Green has spoken with me on the phone numerous times. I've seen her more in person than my previous doctor and have been under her care for a shorter time period. From my initial visit until now she has been very proactive about my treatment plan. I feel like she actually listens to my voice and concerns during the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Kelly & Madison)
Their office utilizes an online system where you can view all of your medical history and send messages to your doctor. They are great at quickly responding to any message I send or questions I have had. They are always friendly when I come into the office. I've never walked out feeling like they didn't fully attend to me during my appointment.
How was your experience with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
I feel like she has been very proactive about my treatment plan despite being her patient for a shorter time frame. She has contacted me directly to discuss various matters without me having to always go through a nurse to communicate.
Fully explain to her how you are feeling and that she will listen to your concerns.
So far I have only done timed intercourse with oral and injectable medication. On day 11 of my cycle I come into the office for a follicle ultrasound to determine progress.
Office visits, medication costs, procedure costs like uterine biopsy, bloodwork, regular ultrasounds.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Since seeing them [Fertility Center of the Carolinas-Greenville] from July 2017 to earlier this year I have loved them. They make you feel like family, but recently without treatment I had gotten multiple positive HPT, but blood work came up negative because they would not consider a level 5 positive. I knew my body and what was going on. They just questioned by ability to read pregnancy tests and never bothered to consider my previous early losses. They just wanted to know about what to do treatment wise also questioning if it was a period. I
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I think they’re very good about responding and answering questions, but are not that considerate when it comes to your history and the fact your level may be up, but not up to their level to consider the baby.
I felt like a human because he listened and cared about my history. He gave me the best care while also letting me take some lead.
Since seeing them from July 2017 to earlier this year I have loved them. They make you feel like family, but recently without treatment I had gotten multiple positive HPT, but blood work came up negative because they would not consider a level 5 positive. I knew my body and what was going on. They just questioned by ability to read pregnancy tests and never bothered to consider my previous early losses. They just wanted to know about what to do treatment wise also questioning if it was a period. I have never felt so belittled until that moment. I spoke with a nurse and she concluded with my bleeding/cramps that it was a chemical, but they never mentioned that to me at all. They just told me the blood test was negative and expected to move forward.
He seemed very caring and passionate about what he does. He made us feel at home and comfortable while going through treatments. He was always there to speak to when we needed to come in and catch up. He explained everything great.
That they can fully trust him!
His protocol for us after reviewing everything was fine was not to over do it. We did one IUI with Femara, Ovidrel and Gonal F shots, we tried just Femara, we done timed intercourse with the Femara and Ovidrel, then we would add Gonal F shots to those.
Ovidrel-$109 x2 per cycle Gonal F-$150 x2 per cycle Mid cycle follicle US-$290 Femara-$10 IUI-$323 Sperm analysis-$80 x2 One IUI, three just Femara, 4 includes shots.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
She [nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] was a terrible communicator. Most of the time my questions wouldn't even get directly answered, then she would get frustrated that I had so many questions. They mostly communicate through mychart and don't do a great job so things were often unclear causing me added frustration and stress... I had issues at every turn from wrong scripts being called in, the wrong pharmacy being used, incorrect and misleading financial information, unclear instructions, and more.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I'm sure there may be some good doctors at this practice, and I'm sure they see plenty of success stories too. But the overall experience was stressful, frustrating and disappointing. The process was unclear, I didn't understand why we were doing certain things, the financials ran me in circles because I kept getting answers that were incorrect this causing added out of pocket expenses... and the was zero empathy or personal connection. The ultrasound tech ward the nicest person there, and the doctor i saw was just ok. If the staff had been better, I may feel ok with a doctor who's just ok. Dr likes was nice, and he answered my questions x but I didn't even know what questions to ask and no one there was forthcoming in proactively providing information. I'm on my 3rd cycle now, and don't understand the process half as well as women using other clinics who may be on their 1st cycle. I did have a different doctor so one of my procedures(Dr Green) and she attended much better (enthusiastic, understanding, open communicator) but I never really got to know her.
I had a terrible experience. The doctor himself was ok, nice enough.... but I wouldn't call him empathetic or even concerned. We had issues at every single turn. The financials were unclear and we were given conflicting financial information every attempt. The process was basically handed to me on paper, and we didn't understand the process, what step/ phase we were on, or why we were doing certain things or taking certain medications. The nurse got irritated bc I had a lot of questions, but they never really explained things well so I had to ask other people then call the nurse to verify. I think they eventually switched me to a different nurse because the 1st got aggravated. Even the lady who drew my blood week after week didn't ever act like she remembered me, or show any friendliness or conversation. When I had a failed pregnancy, they communicated that to me electronically through Mychart which was extremely impersonal.... and the message basically said let us know when you're ready to try again. There were other issues as well, but I can definitely say that I'd never recommend that office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Susan)
She was a terrible communicator. Most of the time my questions wouldn't even get directly answered, then she would get frustrated that I had so many questions. They mostly communicate through mychart and don't do a great job so things were often unclear causing me added frustration and stress.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr Likes was pretty straightforward. While I appreciate that, I would have appreciated some empathy as well. Also this office in general, the doctor included, wasn't exactly forthcoming with explaining each step, each phase, why things were happening, other options, etc. He was just sort of ok.
Don't expect any feeling/ empathy and don't expect to really understand what's happening.... just expect to roll with the steps they give you in your packet. And expect to do a lot of the legwork yourself.
I don't remember everything. I'm of advanced maternal age, and only have one functioning tube. In addition, years ago I had a huge fibroid cyst that broke through the wall of my uterus causing me to have an emergency myomectomy. I believe we just went thru a routine egg retrieval with normal medications, and two frozen transfers. Finally I decided to have my remaining 3 embryos PGS tested, and only 1 came out viable so we are in the process of getting ready to transfer the remaining one very soon.

2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
They [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] were great. One of my nurses gave me her personal cell number and texted to check in on me frequently during my second ectopic pregnancy.... I don’t love the communication messaging system. And I wish the doctor would see the patients every visit. It can be challenging to reach the physicians directly- most communication goes through the nurses.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Dr Likes genuinely showed care, concern, and compassion. He treated us with dignity and respect, listened to our concerns, answered our questions, and was open to our recommendations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Susan, and Alice)
They were great. One of my nurses gave me her personal cell number and texted to check in on me frequently during my second ectopic pregnancy.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Our experience with Dr Likes was great. I would recommend him to anyone. We didn’t get the results we wanted, of course, but we felt confident that Dr Likes did everything he could and even tried some unconventional measures. Our case was pretty rare.
Advocate for yourself, do you own research, and remember that doctors are just people. They don’t know everything, and you are the expert on your body.
We had 2 unexplained early miscarriages when we were referred to Dr Likes (8.5 weeks and 7 weeks). I was 24 and my husband was 23. He began by running a series of blood work for recurrent pregnancy loss. Checked AMH, thyroid levels, clotting issues, Karyotype, etc. and all blood work came back normal. He conducted an ultrasound to check for uterine abnormalities and found none. We tried medicated cycles (Femara) first because i always had irregular cycles. The theory was that if we could induce ovulation earlier, the egg quality may be better. We got pregnant and miscarried. This happened twice. We tried upping the medications (femara, gonal-f, and ovidrel) to time ovulation and timed intercourse. We had a few negative pregnancy tests, and then got pregnant again. This time the pregnancy was ectopic (left tube) and ended in emergency surgery where I lost my tube. We took a break and Dr likes recommended IVF with PGS. We always got pregnant easily, but the miscarriages were so early and spontaneous we didn’t know anything about the embryos. His theory was that our embryos weren’t good quality and expected to see that in PGS results. He wanted to try to get as many eggs as possible so we could hopefully find at least one PGS normal embryo. We did a freeze all cycle in January 2017 where we retrieved 20 eggs. 17 we’re mature and 16 fertilized. 10 embryos made it to day 5/6 blastocyst stage and 8 came back PGS normal after testing. We were all surprised by these results. We had an embryo transfer a couple months later and it was a chemical pregnancy. We tried another transfer 8 months later after I went on a gluten/dairy free diet (for possible inflammation). We did depot Lupron for 3 months prior to transfer to treat any endometriosis and “reset” my system. We did natural stimulation instead of synthetic (I actually ovulated, produced my own estrogen and progesterone, etc). The pregnancy was negative. At this point, dr Likes doesn’t have any ideas. We have considered treatment with a reproductive immunologist who specializes in recurrent pregnancy loss due to undiagnosed immunological issues.
I am not sure how my insurance factored in, but I know they billed things generically (not specifically fertility related) whenever they could to maximize my insurance coverage. I usually paid around $30-$100 for bloodwork (before meeting deductible), $100 for an ultrasound, $150 for consultation. For our IVF cycle, we paid around $5,000 out of pocket to schedule everything and insurance covered the rest. Our second FET was $1000 out of pocket.
Dr Likes preferred one, since it was known they were genetically normal before hand. He was open to two, though, if we had preferred.

2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Overall working with FCC was an extremely positive experience despite the difficult circumstances. The office staff is always friendly and address you by name. You truly feel as if the entire clinic is rooting for you.... Susan is hands down one of the best nurses I have had the privilege of meeting. She always responds to phone calls in a timely manner. She answers your questions and puts your fear at ease. She is your biggest cheerleader. Susan always had the answer for changes in treatment plan when things weren’t going as planned.
2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Dr. Miller always made us feel like he had all the time in the world. He is patient, answers all our questions, and it is always apparent that he wants to help us successfully start our family.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr Miller goes out of his way to make sure he explains all treatments and options and that we feel comfortable with our plan of care. He is positive yet realistic. He listens to our concerns and makes sure he addresses them. It is apparent that Dr. Miller cares about his patients and does everything in his power to help patients start a family.
Trust his advice but don’t be afraid to ask questions.
We had insurance coverage for part of our treatment. Our IUI cost aprroximately $500. The remaining balance for IVF was around $5,000 and $3,000 for medication. Due to being unable to do a fresh cycle due to issues with my lining being too thin we had to freeze our eggs which resulted in extra and unexpected costs. Eventually we ran out of money in the middle of a cycle and we had to pay an additional $1800 that was discounted.
Dr. Miller always suggested we transfer 2 embryos to increase our chance of success. He is always open to patients opinions and never pushed us to do anything we were uncomfortable with.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I absolutely love this clinic [Fertility Ctr of the Carolinas] and their medical staff. I was not too pleased with their billing department initially but once I figured everything out, it worked out OK. I wish that the blood test results were ready before leaving the office.... I can’t say enough good things about Ashley. She constantly emails and calls during cycles. She stays in touch regularly in between cycles. She keeps both the doctor and me in constant communication with each other and she is just the sweetest person.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I absolutely love this clinic and their medical staff. I was not too pleased with their billing department initially but once I figured everything out, it worked out OK. I wish that the blood test results were ready before leaving the office.
Dr. Miller always makes a point to see me for my appointments even if it’s just to poke his head in and say hi if I’m there for bloodwork. He has followed my case so closely that it really does feel like he is interested in getting me results. He knows my background and my chart off the top of his head. We rarely have had to review any history because he knows it so well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Initially, Dr. Miller was not as aggressive as I was hoping he would be. We had relocated to Greenville from Los Angeles and my doctor in Los Angeles was extremely aggressive with treatment. It took a few cycles but Dr. Miller did eventually get on board with a very aggressive treatment plan.
Trust him! He knows what he’s doing.
Our first protocol was an IUI cycle with femara and Follistim combined. I only got one follicle that cycle but ended up having a chemical pregnancy. Our second IUI cycle was all follistim and I had 4 follicles. We used an all injectable cycle because that is what worked having my older son. Unfortunately, this round didn’t work. We took a break to save some more money and I lost some more weight then we had a spontaneous natural pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. I had a laparoscopy done to clean out any endometriosis and scar tissue and we are planning to start back to IUI soon!
The cost with Dr. Miller was significantly more than it was having my son in California only because we did not have insurance coverage. Every baseline ultrasound or follicle check was around $300, IUI was around $300, and the sperm wash with around $80.

Anovulation, Unexplained
they [nurses at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] are truly angels. They bring you tissues if you cry, they laugh when you laugh and they are truly on your team! You don't feel like you have 'issues'. You feel normal and you feel like you can ask any question you have...They are very well organized. There aren't any weaknesses. They have a full staff on hand to accommodate each and every patient that comes through the door with individual attention.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I don't know where to start. From our first meeting until today, Dr. Likes and his precious nurses (yes, all of them!) have treated us like family and like there was nothing wrong. They've been truthful and hopeful and have understood our disappointment each and every month. They've shared our emotions and made sure we knew what we were doing, why we were doing it, and what to expect. They have been a light in this very dark journey.
I've basically done this previously, but they are truly angels. They bring you tissues if you cry, they laugh when you laugh and they are truly on your team! You don't feel like you have 'issues'. You feel normal and you feel like you can ask any question you have.
Dr. Likes has taken us in more as family than patients. He sits with us and answers every single question and concern we have. We've been on this journey for two years with one loss at the very beginning. He understands this and his number one priority is myself and my husband and getting us to a healthy pregnancy!
Don't hold anything back. Not emotions, questions, concerns, any of it. He can and wants to handle this for you and with you!
I don't ovulate regularly. We have gone from Chlomid, to Femara and then Femara with IUI. Each cycle seems to be getting better and better. We also do ultrasounds each cycle. I get to see my follicles and now I know exactly what they are measuring simply by viewing the screen during the ultrasound.
We do not have fertility coverage through insurance so this has all been out of pocket. Last month alone was $1,017. Each month is it upwards of at LEAST $500.
Greenville

A weakness [at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] is billing. You never receive an itemized bill from them. You just pay them money which can change cycle to cycle. A strength is scheduling. They do everything they can to work with your schedule...Susan and Lynn are the best thing to happen to the fertility clinic. They are both full of compassion. They never make you feel silly asking questions. They are good to support you when it doesn't work. They are also good to listen to you as you feel like it is falling apart. They are supportive and should get paid the same amount if not more than the doctors themselves.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
A weakness is billing. You never receive an itemized bill from them. You just pay them money which can change cycle to cycle. A strength is scheduling. They do everything they can to work with your schedule.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
You don't spend a lot of time with him as a doctor. You spend a lot more time with the nurses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Susan and Lynn)
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
How was your experience with David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Forstein was easy to talk to and listened to me. He changed the protocol after the first failed round. Dr. Forstein came up with another idea to try before a third round of IVF. He showed compassion when he was unable to find a reason for our infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Your time with the doctor will be limited. Try to come up with all questions ahead of time. Most questions will be answered by the nurse especially if you email.
Describe the protocols David Forstein used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
I took Lupron shots every morning. I took Menopur and Gonal-F at night. The first round I had a shot that resembled the HCG shots. The second round I had the official HCG shot. The second round of IVF required me to take a medicine used to treat PCOS even though I do not have PCOS or any signs of it. I had to watch all my sugars on that medication or I became sick. He kept the protocol pretty much the same from the first one to the second one because he felt the first round didn't produce good egg quality so he just tried to increase my egg quality for the second round. Both rounds produced several eggs, most which died over night, with only two making it to the third day each cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
It cost $15,000 before insurance each round. The second round was more expensive since insurance ran out.
Describe David Forstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
He transferred two embryos each time because that is all that survived.
Greenville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .

Make an appointment [at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] as soon as you can. Sometimes it takes awhile to be seen for your first appointment.... I was placed on Metformin twice daily along with prenatal vitamins. I had ultrasound on Cycle Day 3. I took Femara Cycle days 3-7. I had one failed IUI.... All of the nursing staff were very friendly and informative.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Make an appointment as soon as you can. Sometimes it takes awhile to be seen for your first appointment.
Dr. Miller took time to answer all of my questions. He encouraged me to not give up hope. He approached the subject of weight loss and PCOS in a very friendly and pro active approach. Most doctors just tell me to lose weight. Dr. Miller talked about understanding the difficulty of losing weight and offered helpful advice.
All of the nursing staff were very friendly and informative.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Miller was a great doctor. He listened to all of my concerns and answered any questions I had. He is very smart and seems to love what he does. Dr. Miller came into the waiting room and walked me back for my first appointment. He described what PCOS is and some of the treatment plans. We talked about weight loss, but he wasn't rude about it. He went about it in a caring way and offered helpful advice. I was always aware of what to expect at each appointment. Dr. Miller is very informative. My insurance changed at work, and I no longer have the funds to seek fertility treatment at this time. I would love to return some time in the future. I highly recommend Dr. Miller. He is absolutely one of the best doctors I've ever met.
If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask him. Dr. Miller is very informative and has a passion for his work.
Greenville
The nurses [at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] rarely remembered who I was. Often I had to tell them what medication I was on and what dosage was usually perscribed because they had trouble locating it in their files. I could call three or four times a day to get my perscription filled and not get ahold of a nurse, only the secretary who would transfer me over to a voicemail. This was frusterating because with infertility treatments everything is extremely time sensitive and if I didn't get a blood test or perscription filled on the exact day of my cycle it was due then I had to wait an entire cycle before beginning again.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I was there during the time they were switching computer systems so perhaps that is the reason for the errors in billing. Whatever the reason, it was often that I could be billed two or three times for a treatment I had already paid for. Sometimes I would get phone calls and letters from bill collectors on bills I had already paid. I would have to show the hospital my receipts, bank statements, etc. to prove payment because their computers didn't acknowledge that I had paid at all even though I was always up to date and paid everything due each visit. It got so bad and so confusing I had to visit two different billing offices (in different areas of town) and talk with the people there for hours. Through my careful documentation they were able to see how the computer system somehow misfiled my payments and fortunately after months of harrassment the issues were resolved.
He was the first doctor to sit down with both of us and listen to every single concern we had. He offered helpful advice that made the "act" (sex) of trying to concieve less difficult for my husband and me. Also, he worked with our religious preferences and didn't belittle them. He explained all the tests to us in detail so we knew what was going on and made sure we were comfortable with all the procedures before beginning them.
The nurses rarely remembered who I was. Often I had to tell them what medication I was on and what dosage was usually perscribed because they had trouble locating it in their files. I could call three or four times a day to get my perscription filled and not get ahold of a nurse, only the secretary who would transfer me over to a voicemail. This was frusterating because with infertility treatments everything is extremely time sensitive and if I didn't get a blood test or perscription filled on the exact day of my cycle it was due then I had to wait an entire cycle before beginning again.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Forstein offered us hope we had not felt in a long time by his willingness to listen. Just the act of sitting down with both of us for several hours on our initial visit made us feel we could trust him. He had answers for all of our questions and made sure we understood before moving on to the next question. He didn't ignore any concerns we had. He made sure to personally connect with me every single visit unless it was a blood draw. If I had a question for a nurse over the phone it was common for Dr. Forstien to call me back personally to address my questions.
Here are some of the bills I was able to pull up from the year 2015:very 5/20 office visit $140 5/20 blood work $13 5/20 general health panel $113 5/20 prolactin $94 5/20 tstosterone fr $99 5/20 hgb glycosylated $50 6/9 blood draw $13 6/9 Projesterone test $94 6/26 office visit $398.09 6/26 Smr prim src wet mount $20 6/26 dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate $103 6/26 prolactin $94 6/26 blood draw $13 7/07 office visit $140 7/13 labratory specimen $254.20 7/06 ? $75.82 7/07 office visit $140 7/31 Blood draw $13 7/31 Assay of projesterone $94 7/31 Blood work $13 11/19 hgc blood test $32 11/19 blood draw $11

2013 - 2014
Lynn [a nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] is wonderful. She always has a smile on and us very encouraging. You can tell she really loves her job. Even though she doesn't have any children of her own she is an adopted grandma to many. We go back to the clinic every now and then just to see her and we even communicate by text sometimes... Strengths include personality of staff and organization. Weakness can't really think of any. Would definitely recommend them to anyone! I had a rare reaction to the femara and they were very helpful in trying to get me to the right place for treatment. They even worked me in on a couple of occasions on short notice
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Dr. Likes was amazing. He is very caring and gives the patient the ability to decide how quickly action should be taken and how much intervention is desired. His staff are incredible too. Each staff member including dr. Likes treats you like you are the only patient there at the time and is willing to take time and answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Lynn J.)
Lynn is wonderful. She always has a smile on and us very encouraging. You can tell she really loves her job. Even though she doesn't have any children of her own she is an adopted grandma to many. We go back to the clinic every now and then just to see her and we even communicate by text sometimes
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr likes really cares about his patients as individuals as well as patients. He listens to you and delivers hard news in a compassionate and caring manner. He always has a smile and is very encouraging
Do research on the medications before and be fully informed about all side effects and purposes.
After much consultation, we used femara and iui and got pregnant on the first time. My menstrual cycle was longer than normal (36 days) and my husband had issues with mobility and morphology. We now have a beautiful smart and kind 4 yr old little girl!
Besides co-pays, I think our iui charge was about $500 that was it.
Greenville

I LOVE all of the nurses at this office [Fertility Center of the Carolinas-Greenville] as they have become like family to me. They have answered all of my questions, calmed me in times of stressed, and helped me during tough times. There is one nurse that I CANNOT stand to work with as she is never on top of things, very unorganized, horrible communication, etc.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Strengths: Treating you like a human and communicating very well every step of the way from treatments to finances. Weaknesses: Dr. Lessey and his nurse Sandy have horrible communication and bedside manners.
Dr. Miller is always so kind, patient and personable. He always makes me feel at home when working with him and he is very present and takes his time with us.
I LOVE all of the nurses at this office as they have become like family to me. They have answered all of my questions, calmed me in times of stressed, and helped me during tough times. There is one nurse that I CANNOT stand to work with as she is never on top of things, very unorganized, horrible communication, etc.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
He is very kind, patient, and compassionate. You can tell he is passionate about what he does. He is always very present, takes his time with us, and is very personable. He is one of my favorites to work with for sure and I always leave feeling very calm after working with him.
None, he is great! Keep doing what he is doing!
Dr. Miller has only performed a few of my IUIs. Most of my treatment protocols were done with Dr. Lessey or Dr. Green. Dr. Miller is very gentle, calm, and reassuring.
OVerall the last two years at the fertility centers, we have spent close to $20k out of pocket and still not pregnant.
Greenville

I would say overall this clinic [Fertility Ctr of the Carolinas] is very inexpensive actually cheaper than what i expected and the whole team is great all the way down to the receptions even the lady's that draw your blood.... They have a great warm environment... The cost that i had to really only pay was for the iui which was $277 also the fertility pills which with my insurance was $11 (I think) ... Also each time after the iui my two blood work cost were $13... I also had insurance and did require alot of testing
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I would say overall this clinic is very inexpensive actually cheaper than what i expected and the whole team is great all the way down to the receptions even the lady's that draw your blood.... They have a great warm environment
The nurses was great they keep in contact with me and made sure i was okay and understood everything... Even during the TTW they were very supportive
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Ashely )
i LOVE ashely she was so supportive and she explained everything, even if i asked more than once she never had a attitude at all...
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
The visit was quick and he explained everything, since im still young with one live birth already he felt that i would be okay to have a iui the natural way , he answered my questions his nurses was great and supportive
He wanted me to do the natural iui but once my period came on i was like omg i haven't had a 10 years and this is very expensive so i wanted to take the pills i did the fertility pills day 3-7 and then waited for ovulation and went in the nest day for the procedure
Greenville

He [Dr Creighton Likes] took the time to explain things and let us ask questions. He said to call if we needed anything after we left. He always asked me how I was doing and feeling during procedures. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Likes...[At Fertility Center of The Carolinas] you would leave a message and a nurse would call you back. After my miscarriage I always had the same nurse, Amy, that called me. Every single nurse I talked to was sincere, helpful and respectful.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
They were always on time with appointments, quick to call with results, flexible to schedule and easy to get in and out of.
He took the time to explain things and let us ask questions. He said to call if we needed anything after we left. He always asked me how I was doing and feeling during procedures. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Likes.
You would leave a message and a nurse would call you back. After my miscarriage I always had the same nurse, Amy, that called me. Every single nurse I talked to was sincere, helpful and respectful.
We immediately liked Dr Likes. He painted a realistic picture of our scenario and what our results may be. He was confident and straightforward. He said our treatment plan was like a ladder and we needed to figure out which rung to start on and if that didn't work to move to next rung. Fortunately his plan worked and we are currently pregnant with our second child.
Listen to what they have to say but be optimistic that good things can happen even if they don't seem likely. Everyone's body is different.
We would start a round with femera on days 3-7 of my cycle, Ovidrel 150IU days 7-10. We would go in for an ultrasound to check the follicle size and stimulate with Gonal F that same day.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I can't say enough good things about him....Dr [Creighton LIkes] is knowledgeable about the most recent advances and will give you his very honest opinions on treatment options, even if this clinic doesn't offer them...Susan [a nurse at Fertility Center of The Carolinas] is a straight shooter. She will not sugar coat anything which I find refreshing. She prepares you so you know exactly what to expect. She always makes herself available and answers questions thoroughly.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr likes always knows every detail of my very thick chart every time I see him. He is kind and compassionate. He makes you feel like he is as invested as you are and you can tell he really wants you to have a successful pregnancy.
Susan is a straight shooter. She will not sugar coat anything which I find refreshing. She prepares you so you know exactly what to expect. She always makes herself available and answers questions thoroughly.
Dr likes is knowledgeable about the most recent advances and will give you his very honest opinions on treatment options, even if this clinic doesn't offer them. He is compassionate but will also be truthful for when he thinks it is time to move forward with a new plan. He keeps track of all of his patients, knows who is cycling, and even knows his IVF patient's beta test date off the top of his head. I always know what to expect and what we should do to move forward. I can't say enough good things about him.
We did a FET cycle. Suppressed with bcp and lupron. Added in miniville patches and estrace. Then PIO and Crinone. We thawed our previously frozen embryos for PGS testing. All made it through thaw, biopsy, refreeze, and thaw again. I think that embryologist and lab are very good at this clinic.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
The clinic staff is excellent. I've had a few frustrations when trying to get price quotes, mostly due to the lack of communication from my doctor to the financial coordinator. The ultrasound tech, Sherri, is amazing. She always makes me feel like I am in good hands....Dr. Lessey is driven by his research. If you do not fit neatly inside it, he will basically ignore your chart. Every time I met with him, I had to fill him in with all of the details of my history. He rarely reviewed my chart. After being his patient for almost 2 years, he still didn't know who I was.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
I love the nursing staff. They are amazing and have become my second family. They are compassionate and answer every question. If they don't know the answer, they find it out and get back to you.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
How was your experience with Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Lessey was kind and very intelligent however he didn't pay attention to my case. He went back and forth saying I needed depot lupron only to say I didn't at the very next appointment the back to saying I did 24 hours later. I left every appointment feeling confused as to what we needed to do next. After two years, I felt like I wasted a lot of time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Demand his attention and make sure he reads your chart. Otherwise, make sure you know your history like the back of your hand.
Bruce Lessey
Greenville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .

PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] is super organized clean and totally ready for you. I have nothing negative to say about them. Every one was so super nice to me. As soon as you walk in you feel welcome and like your in such a good place and great things are going to happen...She [the nurse] always answered me in a timely manner and had great responses...We started with the most cost effective and lowest easiest
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
The clinic is super organized clean and totally ready for you. I have nothing negative to say about them. Every one was so super nice to me. As soon as you walk in you feel welcome and like your in such a good place and great things are going to happen.
She really listened to me and understood my frustration.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Madison)
She always answered me in a timely manner and had great responses.
How was your experience with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
She's a great doctor and truly loves her job and she really wants to help you. And will! She doesn't rush you and she also adjusts everything according to your own circumstances. She doesn't cut you off when your talking and she gives you thorough information about everything. She gives you such confidence simply because she is so confident about working with you.
Do exactly what she says and great things will happen!
We started with the most cost effective and lowest easiest route first which included me taking femara for 4 months and then rechecking in to see where we were at. But I got pregnant on the second round and it didnt even take 4 while months.
Very minimal
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Very good communication, love the fact that there is a patient portal that the nurses and doctors use! The wait is never long, and all the staff [Fertility Ctr of the Carolinas] are genuinely nice. They honestly treat you like family, and they will do whatever it takes to get you pregnant!... [Cost Of Treatment] IVF is around 11,000... When I first met Dr. Miller I felt very comfortable talking to him like I'm be had been my doctor my whole life. He is very understanding
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Very good communication, love the fact that there is a patient portal that the nurses and doctors use! The wait is never long, and all the staff are genuinely nice. They honestly treat you like family, and they will do whatever it takes to get you pregnant!
When I first met Dr. Miller I felt very comfortable talking to him like I'm be had been my doctor my whole life. He is very understanding and actually takes time to explain things so that you can understand. He is very gentle and caring.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Miller is very kind and compassionate in what he does. I believe he really cares about each one of his patients. He takes his time and explains things in full detail. He makes sure that you understand each treatment to the fullest. When I leave his office each visit I don't have any questions because he has taken the time to answer every question I have. If I think of something once I get home, I can send an email through the health portal and someone gets back with me very quickly.
To be completely honest with Dr. Miller he is not judgemental at all. He is also very understanding of any situation you may have.
IVF is around 11,000
Anderson

Gina [a nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas-Greenville] is so amazing and so caring! This staff makes you feel like a part of their family, they are so kind and genuine.... The wait time may seem like forever but I promise it’s worth it. They are very determined to get you pregnant! They sit with you and answer all of your questions, I’ve never felt rushed in and rushed out.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Lisa green is amazing and knowledgeable I love being her patient!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Gina has been my nurse and she’s amazing )
Gina is so amazing and so caring! This staff makes you feel like a part of their family, they are so kind and genuine.
How was your experience with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Lisa green has been amazing throughout this whole process, she’s helped me in so many ways! From Opening up on a Sunday because I got a positive ovulation test, to being able to answer any and every question I have had. She’s an amazing doctor and I couldn’t imagine going through this without her.
She won’t let you down.
She prescribed me ovidrel trigger along with progesterone capsules to help support ovulation as well as she put me on a baby aspirin to help with implantation. I also take femara during cycle days 3-7. We tried this for 3 months and I got my positive pregnancy test today!
My insurance doesn’t cover most of the fertility treatment I have received so I’ve paid out of pocket for most everything and it’s been very affordable.
Greenville

This clinic [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] is very large and tends to treat its patients like numbers rather than people. I’ve had quite a few conversations with the patient care coordinator regarding the treatment i received there.... Negative experience with IUI- we were in the waiting room for over an hour after our scheduled appointment time.... FCC is a very large clinic run by a hospital so it is much more like an institution and less of a positive, relaxed experience.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
This clinic is very large and tends to treat its patients like numbers rather than people. I’ve had quite a few conversations with the patient care coordinator regarding the treatment i received there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Megan is very knowledgeable regarding infertility, treatments, and PCOS. She showed compassion and gave necessary instructions. She provided a treatment plan at every appointment.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Miller very clearly laid out all treatment plans for my husband and I. He explained to us different methods we could use to achieve a pregnancy. He was very compassionate and knowledgeable. He worked closely with the nurses to ensure proper communication.
Ask questions if you have them. Don’t expect him to know what you’re thinking.
We started with Clomid, but weren’t having positive results. Added in Novarel. Then added in Gonal F. Switched to Letrozole+Novarel+Gonal F. Dr. Miller suggested a regimen of vitamin e, d 3, coq10, and prenatals.
Ultrasound- $280 Clomid- $50 Femara- $10 Gonal F+Novarel- $500+

2013 - 2017
As someone with a fairly high amount of white coat hypertension, it's an anomaly for me to find one doctor I am comfortable with, much less an entire practice. The nurses and staff [at FCC] are incredible. Everyone is responsive and generally messages are returned quickly. I would prefer to see one doctor for all appointments, but I can understand how that is prohibitive from a scheduling standpoint...Megan is amazing. She is caring, competent and enthusiastic about helping her patients.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
As someone with a fairly high amount of white coat hypertension, it's an anomaly for me to find one doctor I am comfortable with, much less an entire practice. The nurses and staff are incredible. Everyone is responsive and generally messages are returned quickly. I would prefer to see one doctor for all appointments, but I can understand how that is prohibitive from a scheduling standpoint.
Warmth and compassion from the whole staff. It really feels like they are rooting for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Megan Bell)
Megan is amazing. She is caring, competent and enthusiastic about helping her patients. It really feels like the whole team is invested helping us achieve our goals.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr Miller is sharp, warm and encouraging. He's incredibly likable and a fast talker. Go in ready to listen. He is knowledgeable and open to collaborating. I believe he's director of the clinic so I don't get to see him as often as I'd like, but I feel like he does stay in top of my care and is available to me when I have questions.
Take notes.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Beautiful and welcoming facitility [Fertility Center of the Carolinas]. Very clean and accepting atmosphere. The office has a soothing vibe and you feel good regardless of the news you get. Also you feel like you can speak to anyone.... They knew you by name everytime and made you feel so loved and good. If ever bad news they had a way of putting you at ease.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Beautiful and welcoming facitility. Very clean and accepting atmosphere. The office has a soothing vibe and you feel good regardless of the news you get. Also you feel like you can speak to anyone.
By far the doctor I have ever felt most comfortable with. Everything was easy to understand and he was very caring and informative
He has a way of putting you at ease and not making you feel broken. You feel he genuinely cares and only wants the best for your family. He always made sure that my husband felt great as well and always gave him suggestions and information when he was feeling down. You feel like he is your best friend in addition to your doctor.
He is the best doctor you can go with esp if you want constant information and details.
He had me on a different course then a previous fertility doctor. The medicine and dosage he gave me and my husband were the best results we saw. He also figured out things that the other doctor never did in the 2 years we were going to them.
At the time of seeing dr. likes my insurance that I had at the time covered a good bit
Greenville

Most of the staff [Fertility Ctr of the Carolinas] was friendly but you never really knew what to expectEither you would be charge for something you didn’t know you were going to be charged for or you just never knew what the next step in the process was if the last step was unsuccessful... My insurance did not cover any of my treatments and my medicines were about $1000 a month for injections the ultrasounds were about $350
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Most of the staff was friendly but you never really knew what to expectEither you would be charge for something you didn’t know you were going to be charged for or you just never knew what the next step in the process was if the last step was unsuccessful
i felt very rushed with the nurses. the nurses did not explain much to me when i was going through the process.
They were friendly but the one lady who did my first ultrasound was not helpful at all. I kept asking what she was seeing and she did not care to describe it to me
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Likes was nice but I never really had a true understanding of the plan for me. I had good results but never any baby until two months after I was done. I also had to get the mess myself which was added stress
Make sure you do research ahead of time
Did the other version of chlomid for two months and then injections for two months
Greenville

Hard to know pricing they [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] didnt have a good before price assessment like the other practice I went to, but that was 2 years ago might be different now.... I only really dealt with them [nurses] on the phone. They were a bit more pushy on treatment than the doctor, which was confusing since he [Dr. Likes] didn't speak of treatment. He was okay w us just trying the meds.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Hard to know pricing they didnt have a good before price assessment like the other practice I went to, but that was 2 years ago might be different now. However, after I bugged them and my husband's human resource I got it figured out.
He really listened to me and was willing to help me try what we could afford. Unfortanelty I did not have the funds to try what he thought would work.
I only really dealt with them on the phone. They were a bit more pushy on treatment than the doctor, which was confusing since he didn't speak of treatment. He was okay w us just trying the meds.
He is a great listener and was very thorough, I didnt seem rushed at all. Nothing negative to say he was great. Didnt push me at all to do treatment. And was able to help without a bunch more tests. Kind of gave me a reason why this was happening when others couldn't.
Be honest
All I did was take fermera vecause I had been taking chlomid for so long w another Dr with no success. Along with timed intercourse. He wanted me to try an IUI but because of cost we just couldnt do it,
More affordable than previous dr but still too much for us

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Overall our whole experience [at Fertility Ctr of the Carolinas] was positive the only negative comment was that we didn't receive any new patient packages until after the visit so I printed them off of the website to have them in hand on the day of... They were nice as soon as we walked in the door they were very respectful and made us feel welcomed... We had a overall great experience with Dr. Miller he explained everything clearly to me and my husband at the consulation. He was very professional and he reviewed all of our labs from past ivd dr files
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Overall our whole experience was positive the only negative comment was that we didn't receive any new patient packages until after the visit so I printed them off of the website to have them in hand on the day of
He was very respectful and fully explained everything to me and my husband
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
We had a overall great experience with Dr. Miller he explained everything clearly to me and my husband at the consulation. He was very professional and he reviewed all of our labs from past ivd dr files and he answered and explained every question that we asked and gave us hope to try ivf again if we are financially available to do so
Always think positive and never give up
He gave us paper work and a list of vitamins for us to start taking to help us with oir journey
Spartanburg

The clinic [Fertility Center of the Carolinas-Greenville] is amazing everyone is so kind and interested in the common goal which is to get you pregnant. I love how friendly everyone is from the doctor me to the nurses to the lab technicians to the front desk staff. It’s truly a great place... Maddison [a nurse] is amazing she is quick to get back with you about any questions or concerns and she is very thorough
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
The clinic is amazing everyone is so kind and interested in the common goal which is to get you pregnant. I love how friendly everyone is from the doctor me to the nurses to the lab technicians to the front desk staff. It’s truly a great place
I felt like a human because she takes the time to explain every step with her patients and even makes an outline for you to take home
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Maddison)
Maddison is amazing she is quick to get back with you about any questions or concerns and she is very thorough
How was your experience with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Green is amazing she calls her patients to explain test results and she is so caring and so truthful and invested in all her patients. Her and her staff makes the experience an easier journey. I leave out of her office full understanding everything that will happen next

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
My biggest issue was that they [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] shared a lobby with an obgyn. So many times I was waiting for an appt and a big family would walk in. There is a seperate waiting area for fertility patients. Other than that, I loved everything about them. ... We loved Susan [nurse]. She always responded quickly and calmed my nerves.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
My biggest issue was that they shared a lobby with an obgyn. So many times I was waiting for an appt and a big family would walk in. There is a seperate waiting area for fertility patients. Other than that, I loved everything about them.
He always listened
We loved Susan. She always responded quickly and calmed my nerves.
We enjoyed every interaction with Dr Forstein, from the consultation to the last visit. He was always open with us about our next steps and was willing to listen to our desires. He was willing to skip other procedures based on our diagnosis and medical coverage and go straight to what was most likely to get us a baby.
Have faith in him but also know what you want.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
It’s [Fertility Centers of the Carolinas- Greenville] nice clean and I have nothing negative to say. Very very clean. They offer a keurig for free coffee and tea. The receptionist are very professional and kind. They make the check in process easy and quick. The wait to see the doctor is very quick and I didn’t have to wait once I got into a room.... She’s [Dr. Lisa Green] an amazing and caring doctor. I feel she truly cares. She explains everything very well. She checks in and makes sure you don’t have any questions. She’s very detailed in everything. She includes you and your partner every step of the way
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
It’s nice clean and I have nothing negative to say. Very very clean. They offer a keurig for free coffee and tea. The receptionist are very professional and kind. They make the check in process easy and quick. The wait to see the doctor is very quick and I didn’t have to wait once I got into a room.
She’s so kind and you can tell she truly wants to help you on your fertility journey
She’s super sweet and very caring.
How was your experience with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
She’s an amazing and caring doctor. I feel she truly cares. She explains everything very well. She checks in and makes sure you don’t have any questions. She’s very detailed in everything. She includes you and your partner every step of the way.
Go in ready to listen to all your options
I never ovulated until I was increased to 7.5mg of femara and metformin was added

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I love this clinic [Fertility Center of the Carolinas]. From the Receptionist To the nursing staff to the phelbomist to the doctors - they all showed compassion and knowledge. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone that needs their services...The nursing staff was excellent. They were always available for questions and responded very quickly. They offer helped relieve my fears throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I love this clinic. From the Receptionist To the nursing staff to the phelbomist to the doctors - they all showed compassion and knowledge. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone that needs their services.
Dr Likes is very compassionate. He realized my fears and walked me through every step of the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Alice or Susan)
Dr Likes is an excellent doctor. He is thorough, compassionate, and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends or family. He thoroughly walked me through every step of the process. He realized my fears and did anything he could to try to relieve them. He was always available for questions
Be patient and ask lots of questions!
My insurance covered a good bit so I paid around $3000 for my IVF cycle. I believe the quoted out of pocket cost was around $15,000