Fertility Center of the Carolinas

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
Anderson
Spartanburg
333 S. Pine
Spartanburg, SC 29302
864) 455-1600.
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Center of the Carolinas to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 20Neutral: 1Don't recommend: 48.9
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
They [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] were great. One of my nurses gave me her personal cell number and texted to check in on me frequently during my second ectopic pregnancy.... I don’t love the communication messaging system. And I wish the doctor would see the patients every visit. It can be challenging to reach the physicians directly- most communication goes through the nurses.
2014 - 2018
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr Likes genuinely showed care, concern, and compassion. He treated us with dignity and respect, listened to our concerns, answered our questions, and was open to our recommendations.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Susan, and Alice)
They were great. One of my nurses gave me her personal cell number and texted to check in on me frequently during my second ectopic pregnancy.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
How was your experience with Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Our experience with Dr Likes was great. I would recommend him to anyone. We didn’t get the results we wanted, of course, but we felt confident that Dr Likes did everything he could and even tried some unconventional measures. Our case was pretty rare.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Advocate for yourself, do you own research, and remember that doctors are just people. They don’t know everything, and you are the expert on your body.
Describe the protocols Creighton Likes used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
We had 2 unexplained early miscarriages when we were referred to Dr Likes (8.5 weeks and 7 weeks). I was 24 and my husband was 23. He began by running a series of blood work for recurrent pregnancy loss. Checked AMH, thyroid levels, clotting issues, Karyotype, etc. and all blood work came back normal. He conducted an ultrasound to check for uterine abnormalities and found none. We tried medicated cycles (Femara) first because i always had irregular cycles. The theory was that if we could induce ovulation earlier, the egg quality may be better. We got pregnant and miscarried. This happened twice. We tried upping the medications (femara, gonal-f, and ovidrel) to time ovulation and timed intercourse. We had a few negative pregnancy tests, and then got pregnant again. This time the pregnancy was ectopic (left tube) and ended in emergency surgery where I lost my tube. We took a break and Dr likes recommended IVF with PGS. We always got pregnant easily, but the miscarriages were so early and spontaneous we didn’t know anything about the embryos. His theory was that our embryos weren’t good quality and expected to see that in PGS results. He wanted to try to get as many eggs as possible so we could hopefully find at least one PGS normal embryo. We did a freeze all cycle in January 2017 where we retrieved 20 eggs. 17 we’re mature and 16 fertilized. 10 embryos made it to day 5/6 blastocyst stage and 8 came back PGS normal after testing. We were all surprised by these results. We had an embryo transfer a couple months later and it was a chemical pregnancy. We tried another transfer 8 months later after I went on a gluten/dairy free diet (for possible inflammation). We did depot Lupron for 3 months prior to transfer to treat any endometriosis and “reset” my system. We did natural stimulation instead of synthetic (I actually ovulated, produced my own estrogen and progesterone, etc). The pregnancy was negative. At this point, dr Likes doesn’t have any ideas. We have considered treatment with a reproductive immunologist who specializes in recurrent pregnancy loss due to undiagnosed immunological issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I am not sure how my insurance factored in, but I know they billed things generically (not specifically fertility related) whenever they could to maximize my insurance coverage. I usually paid around $30-$100 for bloodwork (before meeting deductible), $100 for an ultrasound, $150 for consultation. For our IVF cycle, we paid around $5,000 out of pocket to schedule everything and insurance covered the rest. Our second FET was $1000 out of pocket.
Describe Creighton Likes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Dr Likes preferred one, since it was known they were genetically normal before hand. He was open to two, though, if we had preferred.
Greenville
Everyone [Fertility Ctr of the the Carolinas] from front desk, to lab assistants are so caring and compassionate. It is a very scary feeling but from the time you start with the clinic they make you feel safe and like everyone else. The most intimidating person in the clinic is the financial team.... My treatment was going to be $14,000 approximately.... Jessica is the one who is helping me get back into the system. Giving me information on what tests are needed, etc. she has been a great help. both phone and emails are always answered
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Everyone from front desk, to lab assistants are so caring and compassionate. It is a very scary feeling but from the time you start with the clinic they make you feel safe and like everyone else. The most intimidating person in the clinic is the financial team. But it’s not a bad intimidating, it’s just frustrating to hear that your dream of being a mother depends on your credit history or what type of loans you can get. This is actually what stopped my treatment bc we couldn’t get a loan, but I think we are to a point now that we will be ready.. still praying
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
She breaks everything down so that you understand. She also tells you the truths, not just what you want to hear. She made us feel so much better, that after 8 years of trying, it is possible with treatment to have a healthy baby...
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Jessica Beazly)
How was your experience with Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
After being scared to see a fertility specialist for 8 years, we went to see her. She explained my PCOS in very easy to understand terms and explained that bc of my situation only IVF would be possible. I cried, bc I was scared, but she grabbed my hand and told me not to cry, that everything is possible and she would do everything she could to help me. I can’t wait to continue treatment soon. She is an angel in scrubs.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Know that she will tell you everything you both want and need to hear. She will explain everything to you and you will not leave her office wondering or not having an answer to all your questions
Describe the protocols Stephanie Singleton used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
I haven’t started treatment but have had all testing and work ups done. Waiting to start
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephanie Singleton at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
My treatment was going to be $14,000 approximately. This is why I had to put my treatment on hold
Describe Stephanie Singleton's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
No comment
2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Overall working with FCC was an extremely positive experience despite the difficult circumstances. The office staff is always friendly and address you by name. You truly feel as if the entire clinic is rooting for you.... Susan is hands down one of the best nurses I have had the privilege of meeting. She always responds to phone calls in a timely manner. She answers your questions and puts your fear at ease. She is your biggest cheerleader. Susan always had the answer for changes in treatment plan when things weren’t going as planned.
2013 - 2018
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Miller always made us feel like he had all the time in the world. He is patient, answers all our questions, and it is always apparent that he wants to help us successfully start our family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Susan )
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr Miller goes out of his way to make sure he explains all treatments and options and that we feel comfortable with our plan of care. He is positive yet realistic. He listens to our concerns and makes sure he addresses them. It is apparent that Dr. Miller cares about his patients and does everything in his power to help patients start a family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Trust his advice but don’t be afraid to ask questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
We had insurance coverage for part of our treatment. Our IUI cost aprroximately $500. The remaining balance for IVF was around $5,000 and $3,000 for medication. Due to being unable to do a fresh cycle due to issues with my lining being too thin we had to freeze our eggs which resulted in extra and unexpected costs. Eventually we ran out of money in the middle of a cycle and we had to pay an additional $1800 that was discounted.
Describe Paul Miller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Dr. Miller always suggested we transfer 2 embryos to increase our chance of success. He is always open to patients opinions and never pushed us to do anything we were uncomfortable with.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
I absolutely love this clinic [Fertility Ctr of the Carolinas] and their medical staff. I was not too pleased with their billing department initially but once I figured everything out, it worked out OK. I wish that the blood test results were ready before leaving the office.... I can’t say enough good things about Ashley. She constantly emails and calls during cycles. She stays in touch regularly in between cycles. She keeps both the doctor and me in constant communication with each other and she is just the sweetest person.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I absolutely love this clinic and their medical staff. I was not too pleased with their billing department initially but once I figured everything out, it worked out OK. I wish that the blood test results were ready before leaving the office.
Dr. Miller always makes a point to see me for my appointments even if it’s just to poke his head in and say hi if I’m there for bloodwork. He has followed my case so closely that it really does feel like he is interested in getting me results. He knows my background and my chart off the top of his head. We rarely have had to review any history because he knows it so well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Initially, Dr. Miller was not as aggressive as I was hoping he would be. We had relocated to Greenville from Los Angeles and my doctor in Los Angeles was extremely aggressive with treatment. It took a few cycles but Dr. Miller did eventually get on board with a very aggressive treatment plan.
Trust him! He knows what he’s doing.
Describe the protocols Paul Miller used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
Our first protocol was an IUI cycle with femara and Follistim combined. I only got one follicle that cycle but ended up having a chemical pregnancy. Our second IUI cycle was all follistim and I had 4 follicles. We used an all injectable cycle because that is what worked having my older son. Unfortunately, this round didn’t work. We took a break to save some more money and I lost some more weight then we had a spontaneous natural pregnancy that ended in miscarriage. I had a laparoscopy done to clean out any endometriosis and scar tissue and we are planning to start back to IUI soon!
The cost with Dr. Miller was significantly more than it was having my son in California only because we did not have insurance coverage. Every baseline ultrasound or follicle check was around $300, IUI was around $300, and the sperm wash with around $80.
Anovulation, Unexplained
they [nurses at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] are truly angels. They bring you tissues if you cry, they laugh when you laugh and they are truly on your team! You don't feel like you have 'issues'. You feel normal and you feel like you can ask any question you have...They are very well organized. There aren't any weaknesses. They have a full staff on hand to accommodate each and every patient that comes through the door with individual attention.
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I don't know where to start. From our first meeting until today, Dr. Likes and his precious nurses (yes, all of them!) have treated us like family and like there was nothing wrong. They've been truthful and hopeful and have understood our disappointment each and every month. They've shared our emotions and made sure we knew what we were doing, why we were doing it, and what to expect. They have been a light in this very dark journey.
I've basically done this previously, but they are truly angels. They bring you tissues if you cry, they laugh when you laugh and they are truly on your team! You don't feel like you have 'issues'. You feel normal and you feel like you can ask any question you have.
Dr. Likes has taken us in more as family than patients. He sits with us and answers every single question and concern we have. We've been on this journey for two years with one loss at the very beginning. He understands this and his number one priority is myself and my husband and getting us to a healthy pregnancy!
Don't hold anything back. Not emotions, questions, concerns, any of it. He can and wants to handle this for you and with you!
I don't ovulate regularly. We have gone from Chlomid, to Femara and then Femara with IUI. Each cycle seems to be getting better and better. We also do ultrasounds each cycle. I get to see my follicles and now I know exactly what they are measuring simply by viewing the screen during the ultrasound.
We do not have fertility coverage through insurance so this has all been out of pocket. Last month alone was $1,017. Each month is it upwards of at LEAST $500.
Greenville
A weakness [at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] is billing. You never receive an itemized bill from them. You just pay them money which can change cycle to cycle. A strength is scheduling. They do everything they can to work with your schedule...Susan and Lynn are the best thing to happen to the fertility clinic. They are both full of compassion. They never make you feel silly asking questions. They are good to support you when it doesn't work. They are also good to listen to you as you feel like it is falling apart. They are supportive and should get paid the same amount if not more than the doctors themselves.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
A weakness is billing. You never receive an itemized bill from them. You just pay them money which can change cycle to cycle. A strength is scheduling. They do everything they can to work with your schedule.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
You don't spend a lot of time with him as a doctor. You spend a lot more time with the nurses.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Susan and Lynn)
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
How was your experience with David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Forstein was easy to talk to and listened to me. He changed the protocol after the first failed round. Dr. Forstein came up with another idea to try before a third round of IVF. He showed compassion when he was unable to find a reason for our infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Your time with the doctor will be limited. Try to come up with all questions ahead of time. Most questions will be answered by the nurse especially if you email.
Describe the protocols David Forstein used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
I took Lupron shots every morning. I took Menopur and Gonal-F at night. The first round I had a shot that resembled the HCG shots. The second round I had the official HCG shot. The second round of IVF required me to take a medicine used to treat PCOS even though I do not have PCOS or any signs of it. I had to watch all my sugars on that medication or I became sick. He kept the protocol pretty much the same from the first one to the second one because he felt the first round didn't produce good egg quality so he just tried to increase my egg quality for the second round. Both rounds produced several eggs, most which died over night, with only two making it to the third day each cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Forstein at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
It cost $15,000 before insurance each round. The second round was more expensive since insurance ran out.
Describe David Forstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
He transferred two embryos each time because that is all that survived.
David Forstein
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Fertility Center of Charleston is a small, boutique practice that really gets to know their patients and welcomes them to their "family." I enjoyed going to all of my visits and getting to see everyone. Now since I have "graduated" I certainly miss seeing the crew. Due to the boutique atmosphere, you are not just a patient, you are a friend. You will see the same faces day in and day out, therefore creating a familiar environment in which you feel comfortable. It truly feels as if they are on the journey with you...
2 IUI, 1 Egg Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
The office was very personable from the receptionist, to the phlebotomist. . . to the nurses, doctor and lab personnel. I felt as if I've known them forever, each visit like you are just seeing a friend.
Al the nurses were very compassionate, prompt, and relayed all information in an "easy to digest" manner.
Dr. Singleton was the perfect match for me as my provider. Her demeanor, and just her presence in general puts you at ease, making everything seem so easy and calm. When there are setbacks or obstacles, she relays this information in the most positive, yet realistic manner. I felt confident in her care and recommend her to everyone in my area who needs reproductive assistance. I am so thankful I found Dr. Singleton and had the courage to switch doctors.
You will not regret your decision in choosing Dr. Singleton as your RE. She's invested, she's real, and has a heart of gold. She's on your team no matter what.
BC pills to regulate cycle Lupron injections Gonal F Trigger Shot Retrieval ICSI with PGS FET
Around $24,000.00
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
They [staff at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] were very good at listening to our questions and taking the time to answer them. We had questions about our embryo and eggs and they let us talk to the embryologist to make sure we were comfortable with the steps taken...[nurse] Lindsay Leech is excellent. She was always caring and making sure we got right to the point. She is great at getting back to you within the day and answers all sorts of questions for me.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Clean, quiet, hopeful, and organized.
They were very good at listening to our questions and taking the time to answer them. We had questions about our embryo and eggs and they let us talk to the embryologist to make sure we were comfortable with the steps taken.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Lindsay Leech)
Dr. Singleton is a very easy person to talk to. She is very good at showing her concern and treating me like an individual. She is very honest and I really appreciate it. She hasn't given us a false sense of hope. I was a little disappointed in our consultation after the first failed round of IVF because she was going to do everything on the second round the same as the first. I don't know if that is what other doctors would do but she wasn't afraid to have me get a second opinion if I wanted one.
Listen to the doctors, do exactly what they say. It was very important that I do that when I had OHSS and it saved me a lot of doctor visits because I followed instructions.
November 2015 - Start birth control for IVF December 2015 - Stay on birth control and start 10 units of Lupron January 2016 - Stay on Lupron (go down to 5 units) and start GonalF injections. Did the egg retrieval, OHSS (drained fluid for a week or two) and froze embryo. February 2016 - Stop medications except for birth control March 2016 - Embryo Transfer and Progesterone (taken vaginally) and results of a negative pregnancy.
$9000.00 for Procedure $500.00 for Medication
Mt. Pleasant
Make an appointment [at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] as soon as you can. Sometimes it takes awhile to be seen for your first appointment.... I was placed on Metformin twice daily along with prenatal vitamins. I had ultrasound on Cycle Day 3. I took Femara Cycle days 3-7. I had one failed IUI.... All of the nursing staff were very friendly and informative.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Make an appointment as soon as you can. Sometimes it takes awhile to be seen for your first appointment.
Dr. Miller took time to answer all of my questions. He encouraged me to not give up hope. He approached the subject of weight loss and PCOS in a very friendly and pro active approach. Most doctors just tell me to lose weight. Dr. Miller talked about understanding the difficulty of losing weight and offered helpful advice.
All of the nursing staff were very friendly and informative.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Miller was a great doctor. He listened to all of my concerns and answered any questions I had. He is very smart and seems to love what he does. Dr. Miller came into the waiting room and walked me back for my first appointment. He described what PCOS is and some of the treatment plans. We talked about weight loss, but he wasn't rude about it. He went about it in a caring way and offered helpful advice. I was always aware of what to expect at each appointment. Dr. Miller is very informative. My insurance changed at work, and I no longer have the funds to seek fertility treatment at this time. I would love to return some time in the future. I highly recommend Dr. Miller. He is absolutely one of the best doctors I've ever met.
If you have any questions, do not be afraid to ask him. Dr. Miller is very informative and has a passion for his work.
Greenville
The nurses [at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] rarely remembered who I was. Often I had to tell them what medication I was on and what dosage was usually perscribed because they had trouble locating it in their files. I could call three or four times a day to get my perscription filled and not get ahold of a nurse, only the secretary who would transfer me over to a voicemail. This was frusterating because with infertility treatments everything is extremely time sensitive and if I didn't get a blood test or perscription filled on the exact day of my cycle it was due then I had to wait an entire cycle before beginning again.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I was there during the time they were switching computer systems so perhaps that is the reason for the errors in billing. Whatever the reason, it was often that I could be billed two or three times for a treatment I had already paid for. Sometimes I would get phone calls and letters from bill collectors on bills I had already paid. I would have to show the hospital my receipts, bank statements, etc. to prove payment because their computers didn't acknowledge that I had paid at all even though I was always up to date and paid everything due each visit. It got so bad and so confusing I had to visit two different billing offices (in different areas of town) and talk with the people there for hours. Through my careful documentation they were able to see how the computer system somehow misfiled my payments and fortunately after months of harrassment the issues were resolved.
He was the first doctor to sit down with both of us and listen to every single concern we had. He offered helpful advice that made the "act" (sex) of trying to concieve less difficult for my husband and me. Also, he worked with our religious preferences and didn't belittle them. He explained all the tests to us in detail so we knew what was going on and made sure we were comfortable with all the procedures before beginning them.
The nurses rarely remembered who I was. Often I had to tell them what medication I was on and what dosage was usually perscribed because they had trouble locating it in their files. I could call three or four times a day to get my perscription filled and not get ahold of a nurse, only the secretary who would transfer me over to a voicemail. This was frusterating because with infertility treatments everything is extremely time sensitive and if I didn't get a blood test or perscription filled on the exact day of my cycle it was due then I had to wait an entire cycle before beginning again.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Forstein offered us hope we had not felt in a long time by his willingness to listen. Just the act of sitting down with both of us for several hours on our initial visit made us feel we could trust him. He had answers for all of our questions and made sure we understood before moving on to the next question. He didn't ignore any concerns we had. He made sure to personally connect with me every single visit unless it was a blood draw. If I had a question for a nurse over the phone it was common for Dr. Forstien to call me back personally to address my questions.
Here are some of the bills I was able to pull up from the year 2015:very 5/20 office visit $140 5/20 blood work $13 5/20 general health panel $113 5/20 prolactin $94 5/20 tstosterone fr $99 5/20 hgb glycosylated $50 6/9 blood draw $13 6/9 Projesterone test $94 6/26 office visit $398.09 6/26 Smr prim src wet mount $20 6/26 dehydroepiandrosterone-sulfate $103 6/26 prolactin $94 6/26 blood draw $13 7/07 office visit $140 7/13 labratory specimen $254.20 7/06 ? $75.82 7/07 office visit $140 7/31 Blood draw $13 7/31 Assay of projesterone $94 7/31 Blood work $13 11/19 hgc blood test $32 11/19 blood draw $11
David Forstein
Greenville
I would say overall this clinic [Fertility Ctr of the Carolinas] is very inexpensive actually cheaper than what i expected and the whole team is great all the way down to the receptions even the lady's that draw your blood.... They have a great warm environment... The cost that i had to really only pay was for the iui which was $277 also the fertility pills which with my insurance was $11 (I think) ... Also each time after the iui my two blood work cost were $13... I also had insurance and did require alot of testing
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
I would say overall this clinic is very inexpensive actually cheaper than what i expected and the whole team is great all the way down to the receptions even the lady's that draw your blood.... They have a great warm environment
The nurses was great they keep in contact with me and made sure i was okay and understood everything... Even during the TTW they were very supportive
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Ashely )
i LOVE ashely she was so supportive and she explained everything, even if i asked more than once she never had a attitude at all...
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
The visit was quick and he explained everything, since im still young with one live birth already he felt that i would be okay to have a iui the natural way , he answered my questions his nurses was great and supportive
He wanted me to do the natural iui but once my period came on i was like omg i haven't had a 10 years and this is very expensive so i wanted to take the pills i did the fertility pills day 3-7 and then waited for ovulation and went in the nest day for the procedure
Greenville
Nurses and staff are very nice and helpful. The environment [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] is friendly and as comfortable as can it could be. First time going is hard and you feel insecure but after a few visits it's nice seeing everyone.... [Cost Of Treatment] We've completed 2 IUI and both were about $1,800.00 plus medications. We are about to start IVF and it's about $16,000.00-$18,000.00 plus medications....
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Nurses and staff are very nice and helpful. The environment is friendly and as comfortable as can it could be. First time going is hard and you feel insecure but after a few visits it's nice seeing everyone.
Will talk to you directly about your problems but she is also very careful about not over promising. But very friendly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Jessy)
Jessy is very helpful. She was new for my second cycle but she has an understanding and compassionate way about her.
Strengths- communication and detail oriented about procedures. She is very cautious about over promising but also doesn't want to discourage any hope. She is very busy so sometimes it feels rushed, but she always takes the time to call you herself for bad news. I haven't received good news yet, so I'm not sure how that process goes.
Go in with questions you want to ask, it gets very scientific and confusing.
I did two IUIs with medication. I used GonalF and HcG trigger shot and progesterone suppositories. I have unexplained infertility so I think my cycles were fairly conservative. Both of my cycles resulted in decent follicle production but didn't get a positive result.
I am about to start IVF she will only do single embryo transfer I believe because of my age I am under 35.
Mt. Pleasant
He [Dr Creighton Likes] took the time to explain things and let us ask questions. He said to call if we needed anything after we left. He always asked me how I was doing and feeling during procedures. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Likes...[At Fertility Center of The Carolinas] you would leave a message and a nurse would call you back. After my miscarriage I always had the same nurse, Amy, that called me. Every single nurse I talked to was sincere, helpful and respectful.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
They were always on time with appointments, quick to call with results, flexible to schedule and easy to get in and out of.
He took the time to explain things and let us ask questions. He said to call if we needed anything after we left. He always asked me how I was doing and feeling during procedures. I cannot say enough good things about Dr Likes.
You would leave a message and a nurse would call you back. After my miscarriage I always had the same nurse, Amy, that called me. Every single nurse I talked to was sincere, helpful and respectful.
We immediately liked Dr Likes. He painted a realistic picture of our scenario and what our results may be. He was confident and straightforward. He said our treatment plan was like a ladder and we needed to figure out which rung to start on and if that didn't work to move to next rung. Fortunately his plan worked and we are currently pregnant with our second child.
Listen to what they have to say but be optimistic that good things can happen even if they don't seem likely. Everyone's body is different.
We would start a round with femera on days 3-7 of my cycle, Ovidrel 150IU days 7-10. We would go in for an ultrasound to check the follicle size and stimulate with Gonal F that same day.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I can't say enough good things about him....Dr [Creighton LIkes] is knowledgeable about the most recent advances and will give you his very honest opinions on treatment options, even if this clinic doesn't offer them...Susan [a nurse at Fertility Center of The Carolinas] is a straight shooter. She will not sugar coat anything which I find refreshing. She prepares you so you know exactly what to expect. She always makes herself available and answers questions thoroughly.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Dr likes always knows every detail of my very thick chart every time I see him. He is kind and compassionate. He makes you feel like he is as invested as you are and you can tell he really wants you to have a successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Susan)
Susan is a straight shooter. She will not sugar coat anything which I find refreshing. She prepares you so you know exactly what to expect. She always makes herself available and answers questions thoroughly.
Dr likes is knowledgeable about the most recent advances and will give you his very honest opinions on treatment options, even if this clinic doesn't offer them. He is compassionate but will also be truthful for when he thinks it is time to move forward with a new plan. He keeps track of all of his patients, knows who is cycling, and even knows his IVF patient's beta test date off the top of his head. I always know what to expect and what we should do to move forward. I can't say enough good things about him.
We did a FET cycle. Suppressed with bcp and lupron. Added in miniville patches and estrace. Then PIO and Crinone. We thawed our previously frozen embryos for PGS testing. All made it through thaw, biopsy, refreeze, and thaw again. I think that embryologist and lab are very good at this clinic.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
The clinic staff is excellent. I've had a few frustrations when trying to get price quotes, mostly due to the lack of communication from my doctor to the financial coordinator. The ultrasound tech, Sherri, is amazing. She always makes me feel like I am in good hands....Dr. Lessey is driven by his research. If you do not fit neatly inside it, he will basically ignore your chart. Every time I met with him, I had to fill him in with all of the details of my history. He rarely reviewed my chart. After being his patient for almost 2 years, he still didn't know who I was.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
I love the nursing staff. They are amazing and have become my second family. They are compassionate and answer every question. If they don't know the answer, they find it out and get back to you.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
How was your experience with Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Lessey was kind and very intelligent however he didn't pay attention to my case. He went back and forth saying I needed depot lupron only to say I didn't at the very next appointment the back to saying I did 24 hours later. I left every appointment feeling confused as to what we needed to do next. After two years, I felt like I wasted a lot of time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bruce Lessey at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Demand his attention and make sure he reads your chart. Otherwise, make sure you know your history like the back of your hand.
Bruce Lessey
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Very good communication, love the fact that there is a patient portal that the nurses and doctors use! The wait is never long, and all the staff [Fertility Ctr of the Carolinas] are genuinely nice. They honestly treat you like family, and they will do whatever it takes to get you pregnant!... [Cost Of Treatment] IVF is around 11,000... When I first met Dr. Miller I felt very comfortable talking to him like I'm be had been my doctor my whole life. He is very understanding
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Very good communication, love the fact that there is a patient portal that the nurses and doctors use! The wait is never long, and all the staff are genuinely nice. They honestly treat you like family, and they will do whatever it takes to get you pregnant!
When I first met Dr. Miller I felt very comfortable talking to him like I'm be had been my doctor my whole life. He is very understanding and actually takes time to explain things so that you can understand. He is very gentle and caring.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Miller is very kind and compassionate in what he does. I believe he really cares about each one of his patients. He takes his time and explains things in full detail. He makes sure that you understand each treatment to the fullest. When I leave his office each visit I don't have any questions because he has taken the time to answer every question I have. If I think of something once I get home, I can send an email through the health portal and someone gets back with me very quickly.
To be completely honest with Dr. Miller he is not judgemental at all. He is also very understanding of any situation you may have.
IVF is around 11,000
Anderson
Gina [a nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas-Greenville] is so amazing and so caring! This staff makes you feel like a part of their family, they are so kind and genuine.... The wait time may seem like forever but I promise it’s worth it. They are very determined to get you pregnant! They sit with you and answer all of your questions, I’ve never felt rushed in and rushed out.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Lisa green is amazing and knowledgeable I love being her patient!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Gina has been my nurse and she’s amazing )
Gina is so amazing and so caring! This staff makes you feel like a part of their family, they are so kind and genuine.
How was your experience with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Lisa green has been amazing throughout this whole process, she’s helped me in so many ways! From Opening up on a Sunday because I got a positive ovulation test, to being able to answer any and every question I have had. She’s an amazing doctor and I couldn’t imagine going through this without her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
She won’t let you down.
Describe the protocols Lisa Green used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
She prescribed me ovidrel trigger along with progesterone capsules to help support ovulation as well as she put me on a baby aspirin to help with implantation. I also take femara during cycle days 3-7. We tried this for 3 months and I got my positive pregnancy test today!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
My insurance doesn’t cover most of the fertility treatment I have received so I’ve paid out of pocket for most everything and it’s been very affordable.
Lisa Green
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The facility [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] is strong in its patient care and communication. They are incredibly well versed in their treatments and care plans. They have the best of the best as their staff. From their receptionist to the nurses, they could not have picked a better team.... Be willing to travel for her care. We drive from Savannah to her office in North Carolina and it is worth the four hour round trip.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
The facility is strong in its patient care and communication. They are incredibly well versed in their treatments and care plans. They have the best of the best as their staff. From their receptionist to the nurses, they could not have picked a better team.
I felt like a human because nobody minimized my situation and worked toward finding answers in order to gain some semblance of closure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Krista)
Krista and the rest of the clinical staff are fantastic. They get back to their patients in a timely fashion, have no problem hunting down answers and have an impeccable bedside manner
Dr. Singleton is by far the most compassionate, professional and driven doctor I have seen while trying to conceive. She is incredibly insightful, knowledgeable and a credit to her field. At no time did I feel like a burden or just another patient.
We have not had any cycles yet. However, in helping me gain control of my body and work on my weight, Dr. Singleton prescribed metformin as part of my treatment plan.
Our costs are a bit high because of our need for ICSI and PGS/PGD testing. We were quoted around $15,000-$20,000
For my case, she advocated for eSET.
Mt. Pleasant
This clinic [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] is very large and tends to treat its patients like numbers rather than people. I’ve had quite a few conversations with the patient care coordinator regarding the treatment i received there.... Negative experience with IUI- we were in the waiting room for over an hour after our scheduled appointment time.... FCC is a very large clinic run by a hospital so it is much more like an institution and less of a positive, relaxed experience.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
This clinic is very large and tends to treat its patients like numbers rather than people. I’ve had quite a few conversations with the patient care coordinator regarding the treatment i received there.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Megan )
Megan is very knowledgeable regarding infertility, treatments, and PCOS. She showed compassion and gave necessary instructions. She provided a treatment plan at every appointment.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr. Miller very clearly laid out all treatment plans for my husband and I. He explained to us different methods we could use to achieve a pregnancy. He was very compassionate and knowledgeable. He worked closely with the nurses to ensure proper communication.
Ask questions if you have them. Don’t expect him to know what you’re thinking.
We started with Clomid, but weren’t having positive results. Added in Novarel. Then added in Gonal F. Switched to Letrozole+Novarel+Gonal F. Dr. Miller suggested a regimen of vitamin e, d 3, coq10, and prenatals.
Ultrasound- $280 Clomid- $50 Femara- $10 Gonal F+Novarel- $500+
2013 - 2017
As someone with a fairly high amount of white coat hypertension, it's an anomaly for me to find one doctor I am comfortable with, much less an entire practice. The nurses and staff [at FCC] are incredible. Everyone is responsive and generally messages are returned quickly. I would prefer to see one doctor for all appointments, but I can understand how that is prohibitive from a scheduling standpoint...Megan is amazing. She is caring, competent and enthusiastic about helping her patients.
2013 - 2017
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
As someone with a fairly high amount of white coat hypertension, it's an anomaly for me to find one doctor I am comfortable with, much less an entire practice. The nurses and staff are incredible. Everyone is responsive and generally messages are returned quickly. I would prefer to see one doctor for all appointments, but I can understand how that is prohibitive from a scheduling standpoint.
Warmth and compassion from the whole staff. It really feels like they are rooting for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Megan Bell)
Megan is amazing. She is caring, competent and enthusiastic about helping her patients. It really feels like the whole team is invested helping us achieve our goals.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Dr Miller is sharp, warm and encouraging. He's incredibly likable and a fast talker. Go in ready to listen. He is knowledgeable and open to collaborating. I believe he's director of the clinic so I don't get to see him as often as I'd like, but I feel like he does stay in top of my care and is available to me when I have questions.
Take notes.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Beautiful and welcoming facitility [Fertility Center of the Carolinas]. Very clean and accepting atmosphere. The office has a soothing vibe and you feel good regardless of the news you get. Also you feel like you can speak to anyone.... They knew you by name everytime and made you feel so loved and good. If ever bad news they had a way of putting you at ease.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Beautiful and welcoming facitility. Very clean and accepting atmosphere. The office has a soothing vibe and you feel good regardless of the news you get. Also you feel like you can speak to anyone.
By far the doctor I have ever felt most comfortable with. Everything was easy to understand and he was very caring and informative
He has a way of putting you at ease and not making you feel broken. You feel he genuinely cares and only wants the best for your family. He always made sure that my husband felt great as well and always gave him suggestions and information when he was feeling down. You feel like he is your best friend in addition to your doctor.
He is the best doctor you can go with esp if you want constant information and details.
He had me on a different course then a previous fertility doctor. The medicine and dosage he gave me and my husband were the best results we saw. He also figured out things that the other doctor never did in the 2 years we were going to them.
At the time of seeing dr. likes my insurance that I had at the time covered a good bit
Greenville
Most of the staff [Fertility Ctr of the Carolinas] was friendly but you never really knew what to expectEither you would be charge for something you didn’t know you were going to be charged for or you just never knew what the next step in the process was if the last step was unsuccessful... My insurance did not cover any of my treatments and my medicines were about $1000 a month for injections the ultrasounds were about $350
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Most of the staff was friendly but you never really knew what to expectEither you would be charge for something you didn’t know you were going to be charged for or you just never knew what the next step in the process was if the last step was unsuccessful
i felt very rushed with the nurses. the nurses did not explain much to me when i was going through the process.
They were friendly but the one lady who did my first ultrasound was not helpful at all. I kept asking what she was seeing and she did not care to describe it to me
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas ?
Likes was nice but I never really had a true understanding of the plan for me. I had good results but never any baby until two months after I was done. I also had to get the mess myself which was added stress
Make sure you do research ahead of time
Did the other version of chlomid for two months and then injections for two months
Greenville
Hard to know pricing they [Fertility Center of the Carolinas] didnt have a good before price assessment like the other practice I went to, but that was 2 years ago might be different now.... I only really dealt with them [nurses] on the phone. They were a bit more pushy on treatment than the doctor, which was confusing since he [Dr. Likes] didn't speak of treatment. He was okay w us just trying the meds.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Hard to know pricing they didnt have a good before price assessment like the other practice I went to, but that was 2 years ago might be different now. However, after I bugged them and my husband's human resource I got it figured out.
He really listened to me and was willing to help me try what we could afford. Unfortanelty I did not have the funds to try what he thought would work.
I only really dealt with them on the phone. They were a bit more pushy on treatment than the doctor, which was confusing since he didn't speak of treatment. He was okay w us just trying the meds.
He is a great listener and was very thorough, I didnt seem rushed at all. Nothing negative to say he was great. Didnt push me at all to do treatment. And was able to help without a bunch more tests. Kind of gave me a reason why this was happening when others couldn't.
Be honest
All I did was take fermera vecause I had been taking chlomid for so long w another Dr with no success. Along with timed intercourse. He wanted me to try an IUI but because of cost we just couldnt do it,
More affordable than previous dr but still too much for us
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
My experience [at Fertility Center of the Carolinas] has been great! And that's coming from someone who doesn't have a baby yet. The office is amazing; everyone is incredibly kind and supportive. I miss going to appointments when we've taken breaks. They are such a light in an otherwise stressful time. They're also incredibly professional and I trust them implicitly.
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
My experience has been great! And that's coming from someone who doesn't have a baby yet. The office is amazing; everyone is incredibly kind and supportive. I miss going to appointments when we've taken breaks. They are such a light in an otherwise stressful time. They're also incredibly professional and I trust them implicitly. This situation would have been a million times harder if we'd been at an office that doesn't have such warm, caring, and confident professionals. We're hoping to try again with our last two embryos sometime early next year and I'm looking forward to seeing them again and hopeful for a great outcome.
The entire team treats us like family. They seem to truly care about our results. We love our appointments with them!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas . (Assigned nurse: Lindsey Leech)
She's smart and thorough and is great at explaining the process.
She is very knowledgeable as well as understanding.
Mt. Pleasant
[The nursing staff at Fertility Center of the Carolinas were] Extremely kind and compassionate; always answered our questions. Thorough.... [Dr. Stephanie Singleton is] Very professional and compassionate. Her clinic is well run and very organized. I saw her for trial transfer and transfer itself only; other appointments were done by her nurse practionier who is very great.... Understand you may not see her at every appointment
European, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas .
Sometimes morning appointments were running late
Good communication, welcoming staff
Extremely kind and compassionate; always answered our questions. Thorough.
Understand you may not see her at every appointment
Around $3,500 I believe for frozen embryo transfer