9.7

Spartanburg (closed)
333 S. Pine
Spartanburg, SC 29302
864-455-1600

I was on metformin and letrozole before Dr. Likes suspected I had a septate uterus. After the septum was found, I was put on birth control and the septum was respected via a hysteroscopy. I was then put on Estrogen and Progesterone. I now have a normal uterus, and I am again attempting conception with letrozole... is easy to talk to about your concerns. He is warm and friendly and seems to understand your worries. He is able to explain what he thinks is happening/the course of treatment without making you feel like “just another patient.”
The staff [at Fertility Centers of the Carolinas] is super nice, although I have noticed that I get different answers when I ask a nurse vs another nurse when discussing my plan for timed intercourse...I don’t have any complaints about the clinic as I have only been going for 5 months...My surgery and all pre and postoperative appointments went well. All nurses I interacted with at the clinic and hospital had good bedside manner.
How was your experience with Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
Dr. Likes has been great so far. He found my uterine septum and performed my septum resection surgery while making me feel hope that I would get through the secondary infertility battle. He has been kind and answered all of the questions I’ve had so far in a way that helps me to understand what’s going on.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
Go in to the appointment with as much honesty as you can. That can steer the conversation and appointment. Dr. Likes made me feel comfortable answering any questions that he had.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
Dr. Likes is easy to talk to about your concerns. He is warm and friendly and seems to understand your worries. He is able to explain what he thinks is happening/the course of treatment without making you feel like “just another patient.”
Describe the protocols Creighton Likes used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas. (Assigned nurse: Lynn)
The staff is super nice, although I have noticed that I get different answers when I ask a nurse vs another nurse when discussing my plan for timed intercourse.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
I don’t have any complaints about the clinic as I have only been going for 5 months. I think everyone is nice and they have a good live birth rate. My surgery and all pre and postoperative appointments went well. All nurses I interacted with at the clinic and hospital had good bedside manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Creighton Likes at Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
Expensive! My insurance doesn’t cover infertility and I had to have more than one ultrasound/bloodwork, etc. and it got pricey. Luckily my surgery was covered by insurance but still cost over $1000 out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
Greenville

His [Dr. Creighton Likes] protocol for us after reviewing everything was fine was not to over do it. We did one IUI with Femara, Ovidrel and Gonal F shots, we tried just Femara, we done timed intercourse with the Femara and Ovidrel, then we would add Gonal F shots to those... He seemed very caring and passionate about what he does. He made us feel at home and comfortable while going through treatments. He was always there to speak to when we needed to come in and catch up. He explained everything great.
Since seeing them [Fertility Center of the Carolinas-Greenville] from July 2017 to earlier this year I have loved them. They make you feel like family, but recently without treatment I had gotten multiple positive HPT, but blood work came up negative because they would not consider a level 5 positive. I knew my body and what was going on. They just questioned by ability to read pregnancy tests and never bothered to consider my previous early losses. They just wanted to know about what to do treatment wise also questioning if it was a period. I
That they can fully trust him!
I felt like a human because he listened and cared about my history. He gave me the best care while also letting me take some lead.
His protocol for us after reviewing everything was fine was not to over do it. We did one IUI with Femara, Ovidrel and Gonal F shots, we tried just Femara, we done timed intercourse with the Femara and Ovidrel, then we would add Gonal F shots to those.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
Since seeing them from July 2017 to earlier this year I have loved them. They make you feel like family, but recently without treatment I had gotten multiple positive HPT, but blood work came up negative because they would not consider a level 5 positive. I knew my body and what was going on. They just questioned by ability to read pregnancy tests and never bothered to consider my previous early losses. They just wanted to know about what to do treatment wise also questioning if it was a period. I have never felt so belittled until that moment. I spoke with a nurse and she concluded with my bleeding/cramps that it was a chemical, but they never mentioned that to me at all. They just told me the blood test was negative and expected to move forward.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
I think they’re very good about responding and answering questions, but are not that considerate when it comes to your history and the fact your level may be up, but not up to their level to consider the baby.
Ovidrel-$109 x2 per cycle Gonal F-$150 x2 per cycle Mid cycle follicle US-$290 Femara-$10 IUI-$323 Sperm analysis-$80 x2 One IUI, three just Femara, 4 includes shots.
Greenville
Dr. Miller is always so kind, patient and personable. He always makes me feel at home when working with him and he is very present and takes his time with us.... He is very kind, patient, and compassionate. You can tell he is passionate about what he does. He is always very present, takes his time with us, and is very personable. He is one of my favorites to work with for sure and I always leave feeling very calm after working with him
I LOVE all of the nurses at this office [Fertility Center of the Carolinas-Greenville] as they have become like family to me. They have answered all of my questions, calmed me in times of stressed, and helped me during tough times. There is one nurse that I CANNOT stand to work with as she is never on top of things, very unorganized, horrible communication, etc.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
He is very kind, patient, and compassionate. You can tell he is passionate about what he does. He is always very present, takes his time with us, and is very personable. He is one of my favorites to work with for sure and I always leave feeling very calm after working with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
None, he is great! Keep doing what he is doing!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
Describe the protocols Paul Miller used in your cycles at Fertility Center of the Carolinas and their degree of success.
Dr. Miller has only performed a few of my IUIs. Most of my treatment protocols were done with Dr. Lessey or Dr. Green. Dr. Miller is very gentle, calm, and reassuring.
I LOVE all of the nurses at this office as they have become like family to me. They have answered all of my questions, calmed me in times of stressed, and helped me during tough times. There is one nurse that I CANNOT stand to work with as she is never on top of things, very unorganized, horrible communication, etc.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
Strengths: Treating you like a human and communicating very well every step of the way from treatments to finances. Weaknesses: Dr. Lessey and his nurse Sandy have horrible communication and bedside manners.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
OVerall the last two years at the fertility centers, we have spent close to $20k out of pocket and still not pregnant.
Paul Miller

2013 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr Miller is sharp, warm and encouraging. He's incredibly likable and a fast talker. Go in ready to listen. He is knowledgeable and open to collaborating. I believe he's director of the clinic so I don't get to see him as often as I'd like, but I feel like he does stay in top of my care and is available to me when I have questions...Limitations on using my eggs versus donor eggs were not accurately conveyed...As someone with a fairly high amount of white coat hypertension, it's an anomaly for me to find one doctor I am comfortable with, much less an entire practice.
As someone with a fairly high amount of white coat hypertension, it's an anomaly for me to find one doctor I am comfortable with, much less an entire practice. The nurses and staff [at FCC] are incredible. Everyone is responsive and generally messages are returned quickly. I would prefer to see one doctor for all appointments, but I can understand how that is prohibitive from a scheduling standpoint...Megan is amazing. She is caring, competent and enthusiastic about helping her patients.
How was your experience with Paul Miller at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
Take notes.
Warmth and compassion from the whole staff. It really feels like they are rooting for you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas. (Assigned nurse: Megan Bell)
Megan is amazing. She is caring, competent and enthusiastic about helping her patients. It really feels like the whole team is invested helping us achieve our goals.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
As someone with a fairly high amount of white coat hypertension, it's an anomaly for me to find one doctor I am comfortable with, much less an entire practice. The nurses and staff are incredible. Everyone is responsive and generally messages are returned quickly. I would prefer to see one doctor for all appointments, but I can understand how that is prohibitive from a scheduling standpoint.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
Limitations on using my eggs versus donor eggs were not accurately conveyed.
Paul Miller
2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Creighton Likes] was personable and down to earth. He also explained the situation where I could understand but not so simple where he makes me feel stupid...He had a great bedside manner. Unfortunately, we couldn’t afford his services without insurance. He ran all of the preliminary tests to verify that I’m fact I had Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)....moved on to a round of Femara. When the Femara did not work, the next step was injections.
Fertility Center of the Carolinas is the only fertility clinic in Anderson. Dr. Likes was good to work with but we decided to go in another direction...He performed basic blood tests and then moved on to a round of Femara. When the Femara did not work, the next step was injections...They [the nurses] were warm and mostly organized. There are always a few exceptions...He [Dr. Likes] was personable and down to earth. He also explained the situation where I could understand but not so simple where he makes me feel stupid.
He had a great bedside manner. Unfortunately, we couldn’t afford his services without insurance. He ran all of the preliminary tests to verify that I’m fact I had Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). He explained things so I understood but where I didn’t feel like I was being treated like an idiot.
Have an open mind and be prepared for the costs.
He was personable and down to earth. He also explained the situation where I could understand but not so simple where he makes me feel stupid.
They were warm and mostly organized. There are always a few exceptions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
Fertility Center of the Carolinas is the only fertility clinic in Anderson. Dr. Likes was good to work with but we decided to go in another direction. New patients should feel at home and feel free to ask questions.
We are without insurance, therefore procedures, medications, and doctor visits were very expensive. We discontinued treatment because we could no longer afford it.
Anderson (closed)

My experience with [Dr. Green], she is very polite understanding about me being high risk due to underlying condition explain to me to steps of fertility treatment what she recommends for my treatment will stay late just to call to talk to about test results next steps in treatment preparation...compassionate understanding of financial struggles explain everything to me and what to expect
[nurses of Fertility Center of the Carolinas are] Very compassionate very understanding answers all your questions even if they don’t know the answer right the will make sure you receive and answer to your questions within 24hrs are less...it’s a struggle because of payments not being able to make payment agreements for people who are low income and needing help achieving becoming parents financial services are not explained as they should be an at appropriate time
How was your experience with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
My experience with mrs green she is very polite understanding about me being high risk due to underlying condition explain to me to steps of fertility treatment what she recommends for my treatment will stay late just to call to talk to about test results next steps in treatment preparation
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
Just know that you are in good hands with care from mrs green she does everything she can to help you achieve becoming parents
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas?
I felt like a human because very compassionate understanding of financial struggles explain everything to me and what to expect
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Center of the Carolinas. (Assigned nurse: Madison)
Describe your experience with Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
Strengths nurse and dr are amazing financially it’s a struggle because of payments not being able to make payment agreements for people who are low income and needing help achieving becoming parents financial services are not explained as they should be an at appropriate time which means not assuring the patient ahead of time what it the cost for each treatment before appointment for people who struggle financially
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lisa Green at Fertility Center of the Carolinas.
Not sure