7.3

Lindenhurst (closed)
2592 East Grand Ave
Lindenhurst, IL 60046

2022, Successful
It [Fertility Centers of Illinois] is a really busy clinic, so sometimes you feel like cattle being moved along the line. Overall, everyone is friendly and helpful. Each doctor we have encountered seems very knowledgeable and committed to patient success. After years of infertility we truly felt we would be successful here, and ultimately we were...Excellent with communication, coordination and patient care
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Impressed with her and her staff! We transitioned our care to Dr. Rodgers when our prior doctor retired. We were scared and worried about switching, but we were so blessed to start working with Dr. Rodgers for our frozen transfer. Her and her team are on top of things and always made us feel so cared for. She got the job done as we just delivered our baby girl all because of her - we love her for it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
In general, try to ‘Google’ less and listen to your doctor, Dr. Rodgers in this case. I had been warned about all the awful things that could happen during IVF treatment and not one of those things happened to me. She’s an amazing doctor that cares about your success - let her do her job and guide you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She took the time to really connect with my husband and I. She helped answer our questions and settle our nerves before our transfer.
Describe the protocols Allison Rodgers used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
She did our embryo transfer for us. She lets us do a natural, gentle cycle, which I think was perfect for my body. I took minimal estrogen and started on progesterone. She timed the procedure perfectly and my first transfer took.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
Dr. Rodgers’ whole staff was amazing! Excellent with communication, coordination and patient care. I have been through my share of bad doctors and their staffs, and this was far from it. This team is excellent!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
It is a really busy clinic, so sometimes you feel like cattle being moved along the line. Overall, everyone is friendly and helpful. Each doctor we have encountered seems very knowledgeable and committed to patient success. After years of infertility we truly felt we would be successful here, and ultimately we were. It took us time to wrap our heads around the fact we needed IVF, but once it was time we went to Dr. Jacobs first (who had since retired) and he did our retrieval where Dr. Rodgers carried out our transfer. For the both of them to get this right and have is be successful our first round of retrieval and transfer says everything to me. They get it and they got what seemed like an impossible job done. Go into appointments with questions and an open mind. This group of doctors know their stuff.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
We had good insurance so things never got too expensive for us. Dr. Jacobs was the one to educate us ahead of time on what policy to look for to cover more of our treatment. Transfer costs were fair.
Describe Allison Rodgers's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Single transfer was definitely best in my case. I think we needed to see how my body would respond before even considering sticking multiples in.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I believe once I had to call back about a prescription refill, not a huge deal.

2021, Unsuccessful
2 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
it was really difficult to get ahold of him [Dr. Hobeika] or someone in his office, so I felt like a very low priority...at one point, I left a voicemail in tears on a Monday and didn't hear from anyone until Friday...I was never told ahead of time what medications I may need in the near future, so I wasn't prepared with Cetrotide when we needed it. Then I only got 2 eggs frozen - I went to another clinic and 2 months later I had 12 eggs. VASTLY different results!!
FCI [Fertility Centers of Illinois] is completely unorganized when it comes to scheduling and intake. Be prepared to be there for 1-2 hours for your daily bloodwork and ultrasound...I had a lot of trouble getting ahold of the nurse, doctor or clinic and get their assistance in ordering medicine...I was never given a medication calendar to understand what meds I may need 2-3 days out - so I was never able to order ahead of time from my pharmacy...
How was your experience with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I could never get ahold of my nurse or doctor when I needed to (at one point, I left a voicemail in tears on a Monday and didn't hear from anyone until Friday). And I think something was off with the protocol. I was never told ahead of time what medications I may need in the near future, so I wasn't prepared with Cetrotide when we needed it. Then I only got 2 eggs frozen - I went to another clinic and 2 months later I had 12 eggs. VASTLY different results!!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Do not go here for egg freezing, especially if you are paying out of pocket. Go somewhere that will make you a priority and not waste your money, and will be available to answer your questions and fears.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
When I was able to chat face-to-face (virtually) with Dr Hobeika, his bedside manner was great. But it was really difficult to get ahold of him or someone in his office, so I felt like a very low priority. I also felt pretty foolish a few times (e.g., he had promised to follow up with materials and never did - them told me none of his patients asked the detail I was asking for)
Describe the protocols Elie Hobeika used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
I had been on birth control for 10-15 years, so I went off of it for about 3-4 months. Then I did 5-6 days of Minivelle/Estradial patches and Cetrotide for priming. A week later, my period started and we began with Menopur and Gonal F. Stimulation lasted 11 days. We kept Menopur at 150 the entire protocol, while the Gonal F we increased from 225 for 3 days, then 300, then 375, then 450 for the last 4 days. I started Cetrotide again on day 8. We triggered with just 10,000 HCG.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Bevin)
I think the nurse is where most of the confusion lays (though I still put the doctor with ultimate responsibility). I was never able to get ahold of her or ask questions - and there were often very hurried and unclear responses about my medication. It is VERY difficult to understand the process the first time through, and I was never given a medication calendar to understand what meds I may need 2-3 days out - so I was never able to order ahead of time from my pharmacy. I was also kicked out of my post-op room way too soon. I was still shivering and sobbing coming down from the anesthesia, and they kicked me out before my doctor even stopped by to check on me or tell me the # of eggs they had retrieved. This almost felt like malpractice - I was left to leave the clinic alone and wait outside for my ride. The next day we had a call to which the doctor said "oh yah, I wondered where you had gone!"
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
FCI is completely unorganized when it comes to scheduling and intake. Be prepared to be there for 1-2 hours for your daily bloodwork and ultrasound, and don't be surprised if they forget you (about half of the time I had to remind them I was there). It is VERY hard to manage a work schedule around their BW/US appointments as you don't know when you will be out of there. As mentioned previously, it is also very difficult to get ahold of your nurse or someone on your team to answer any questions you may have about your treatment or protocol.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I had a lot of trouble getting ahold of the nurse, doctor or clinic and get their assistance in ordering medicine. I was told late in the evening one day that I actually should have started Cetrotide earlier that day, yet I had none left in my medicine supply (I had never been told I would start Cetrotide in the protocol - I had used all 4 doses the pharmacy gave me in the priming. Worth noting the pharmacy was VERY surprised to hear I had used Cetrotide in my priming). Thank goodness a friend had an extra dose of Cetrotide so I could use that and get my medication delivered the next day - otherwise I would have missed a day of meds due to the unorganized nurse.
Buffalo Grove

Dr Jacobs is a highly skilled and experienced practitioner, with complete understanding of what would be best for an individual. He assessed uz very closely and suggested next steps/treatment accordingly rather than providing a defined set of treatment...[he] did a couple of meetings with us just to understand the entire scenario and background and was very empathetic throughout to both of us.
We had a lot of questions and concerns while undergoing IVF, which is a natural feeling in this process but [the Fertility Centers of Illinois nurse] was always very quick in responding to them and would always provide complete and detailed information...Staff is amazingly cooperative and the facilities are well maintained and equipped The only downside is the waiting time before appointment which is relatively longer at times due to the number of patients
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr Jacobs is a highly skilled and experienced practitioner, with complete understanding of what would be best for an individual. He assessed uz very closely and suggested next steps/treatment accordingly rather than providing a defined set of treatment. Being an ivf doctor, one is dealing with a very sensitive subject and situation and his empathetic nature and confidence in his own skills were the major reasons we opted for him for our ivf treatment and it was the beet decision of our lives. Also, being such a senior doctor, he has performed a lot of research on different areas in Ivf and also has many white papers published on hie name, which also helped us a lot to take certain important decisions
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Trust him and his experience and follow his treatment recommendations at each step
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr Jacobs did a couple of meetings with us just to understand the entire scenario and background and was very empathetic throughout to both of us.
Describe the protocols Laurence Jacobs used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
Some of the protocols (more of recommendations) followed by Dr Jacobs that did wonders for me: Simulation cycle before actual FET Saline ultrasound before retrieval Specific Medicines for the cycle prep
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer Melligan)
Jennifer is an excellent coordinator and very knowledgeable around things concerning the treatment. We had a lot of questions and concerns while undergoing IVF, which is a natural feeling in this process but she was always very quick in responding to them and would always provide complete and detailed information. As all their staff, she was quite empathetic and patient in addressing all my queries and concerns.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Around $10k out of pocket with PPO insurance
Describe Laurence Jacobs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Its quite simple - the lesser the number of embryos formed the lesser the transfer count, so we have more chances of trying again
Buffalo Grove

My first cycle [with Dr. Allison Rodgers] was clomid. My next two cycles were letrozole. We switched from clomid to letrozole per my request. We are currently moving on to IUI... seems to care about what we want for treatment. She takes what we feel into consideration. She also respects our religious beliefs and doesn't push us into doing anything that we are uncomfortable with...is always willing to answer our questions. She never acts like we are bothering her by asking questions. I wanted to try a different medication and she was open to discussing that option with me.
Orders weren't ordered by the morning I went in [to Fertility Centers of Illinois], but they did the tests anyway and the nurse put the orders in when she came in. One cycle it was confusing as to which protocol I was doing. The doctor said one thing but the nurse said another. I had my nurse confirm with the doctor so we could get it figured out...You have to be really on top of billing. Keep track of all bills and when you make payments. Keep a detailed list! Also, advocate for yourself! If your doctor/nurse isn't in, someone else will need to fill in. If they tell you something that you think is incorrect or your nurse/doctor does it differently, mention it. It doesn't hurt to clarify and ask!
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers is always willing to answer our questions. She never acts like we are bothering her by asking questions. I wanted to try a different medication and she was open to discussing that option with me.
Go into an appointment with your questions written down. She doesn't rush you and will answer all your questions, but she sometimes talks fast. For me, it was easy to get sidetracked while in our meetings. Writing everything down kept me on track during our meetings and made sure all my questions were answered.
Dr. Rodgers seems to care about what we want for treatment. She takes what we feel into consideration. She also respects our religious beliefs and doesn't push us into doing anything that we are uncomfortable with.
My first cycle was clomid. My next two cycles were letrozole. We switched from clomid to letrozole per my request. We are currently moving on to IUI.
Amber was great. She always answered my questions the same day. Sometimes it was later in the day even if I submitted/called earlier in the day. However, she always called/messaged back. She seemed to really care about my questions and if she was ever unsure about anything she asked the doctor and called me back with answers.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I have insurance so it's just been my normal deductible for now until I reach my limit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Orders weren't ordered by the morning I went in, but they did the tests anyway and the nurse put the orders in when she came in. One cycle it was confusing as to which protocol I was doing. The doctor said one thing but the nurse said another. I had my nurse confirm with the doctor so we could get it figured out.

2017 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Rodgers always remembered us and was prepared for every appointment....She is very determined to make you successful. I am one of 4 friends who has used her and we all have gotten pregnant. She takes time with you and is very blunt about her expectations.... Before egg retrievals she did not use birth control but instead waited for natural ovulation before starting estrogen patches and Lupron.
Everyone [at Fertility Centers of Illinois] was very friendly. My only negative would be that when booking appointments they would often transfer you back and forth to other clinics depending on availability and that became annoying to repeat yourself.... I could call the office and most times talk directly to my nurse. We also communicated via email almost daily. She was very present and responded to all emails.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She is very determined to make you successful. I am one of 4 friends who has used her and we all have gotten pregnant. She takes time with you and is very blunt about her expectations. She is all business but is also very compassionate.
Make sure you are ready to hear the hard truth. She is willing to do whatever you want for the most part but does not want to waste your time or money.
Dr. Rodgers always remembered us and was prepared for every appointment. She always asked about our adopted son and remembered his name.
Before egg retrievals she did not use birth control but instead waited for natural ovulation before starting estrogen patches and Lupron. Then after your period started, the stimulation meds began (follistim, ganirellix, menopur). I then had appointments every 2 days for monitoring. We also did ERA cycles to make sure Lining was receptive before frozen transfers. For transfers we used Lupron, estradiol patches, vaginal estrogen, and progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Everyone was very friendly. My only negative would be that when booking appointments they would often transfer you back and forth to other clinics depending on availability and that became annoying to repeat yourself.
We were very lucky to have insurance coverage for IVF. We were only responsible for our copays until our deductible was met.
Dr. Rodgers is usually against multiple embryo transfer until several attempts have failed or embryo quality is not ideal.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
In regards to my pregnancy test results, no one called me that day with my results. Come to find out they had me down for a different day so we’re not looking for my results. Thankfully I was able to get the results from my OB that day.
Buffalo Grove

After the surgery [with Dr. Allison Rodgers], they told me that the eggs were “granular” because they had given me too much medication too fast. Basically they told me that the eggs were low quality because I’d been cooked on high. I am about to start the second round and they have adjusted my dosage. This second round I will have 150 IU Menopur and will start at 175 IU Follistim. It is anticipated that the cycle will last slightly longer.
The front desk staff [at Fertility Centers of Illinois] is sort of aloof. The wait time is always 20-30 minutes, even if it’s just a blood draw!! It doesn’t matter if you are early or late, the wait is always there. Don’t get anxious about it, that’s just how it is. Overall, the clinic itself is not my favorite. If I felt like it was possible to switch, I might, but I like the doctor enough that I will stay...I felt like the clinic did not make good effort to get things covered by insuance. My insurance plan was eventually willing to cover everything, but it ended up requiring me to put in my own pre-certification.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers has a lot of experience treating patients with PCOS and was fully equipped to handle my condition. My treatment plan appeared to take into account the PCOS and she took over my metformin treatment as well. It was a little challenging that she chose not to be the treating doctor for my hypothyroidism. My main Endocrinologist still had to order her own bloodwork and adjust medications. During the IVF cycle, when I was already being poked so many times, it was challenging to then have to be poked again separately for TSH/T4 tests. During consultation visits, Dr. Rodgers makes decisions very quickly. Sometimes I felt like she left me out of the decisions. The decisions were medically sound, but her thought process was not well explained. I was happy that she was the doctor on call for my first egg retrieval. It was comforting to know that she already knew me. I would have liked her to check back on me post-op before I left. She did call me a day later to give results. Her explainations about the eggs/embryos were a little misleading. Her words confused me and concerned me, although when i talked with the Embryologist from her office, they were able to describe things a lot better. Overall, I think Dr. Rodgers is a good doctor and has good follow through with her patients, but could work on improving her communication skills about the treatment.
Dr. Rodgers’ explainations are not the end-all. If you are confused, ask her supportig staff and they will offer more explainations.
I was assigned to a singular nurse (Stephanie) who handled all of my care. I could shoot her an email and she would respond back the same day or the next day. She was intimately involved with my care and did not seem to be constantly referencing records to decide what to do next.
The first cycle included 21 days of Orthocyclen, then baseline ultrasound, then on the first day of my period I started with 2.5 MG Letrozole, 75 IU Menopur, and 225 IU Follistim. At the first ultrasound they upped the dose to 250 IU Follistim. Later it was upped to 300 IU Follistim and added Ganirelix. They explained that the increased Follistim would help the eggs get bigger. Monitoring was every other day at first, and then every day. Monitoring on the weekend is downtown at the River North office (over 1 hour away from the main clinic). 36 hours before the surgery I was instructed to take an IM shot of Pregnyl. After the surgery, they told me that the eggs were “granular” because they had given me too much medication too fast. Basically they told me that the eggs were low quality because I’d been cooked on high. I am about to start the second round and they have adjusted my dosage. This second round I will have 150 IU Menopur and will start at 175 IU Follistim. It is anticipated that the cycle will last slightly longer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Crissie)
She responded to emails pretty quickly, but often placed the blame on other people for why paperwork was not recorded correctly or why things hadn’t worked out like planned. Additionally I felt like she was relatively judgey of my personal life and made me jump through additional hoops when my personal life did not fit what she anticipated it would be.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I felt like the clinic did not make good effort to get things covered by insuance. My insurance plan was eventually willing to cover everything, but it ended up requiring me to put in my own pre-certification. A boiling point was after I had gotten a denial mid-cycle while my hormones were all crazy where I was basically crying on the phone with the billing department about how they weren’t trying hard enough to get things covered. After I accused them of not trying to get things covered because they would get more money if I paid out of pocket, they transfered me to a supervisor who was miraculously able to call the insurance to get a peer-to-peer scheduled. In terms of the clinical staff, I like the main woman who does the ultrasounds, but her backup is a little clueless. The woman who draws the blood leaves bruises, but the backup persom is very good. The other backups seem to make me anxious. The front desk staff is sort of aloof. The wait time is always 20-30 minutes, even if it’s just a blood draw!! It doesn’t matter if you are early or late, the wait is always there. Don’t get anxious about it, that’s just how it is. Overall, the clinic itself is not my favorite. If I felt like it was possible to switch, I might, but I like the doctor enough that I will stay.
$1700 for the cryopreservation and storage for 1 year. Additional years of storage are $500. Everything else was covered by insurance. Semen analysis (at the beginning) was $100.
My doctor believes that only one embryo can be transfered at a time because it is already a high risk pregnancy. I have done IVF with Pre-Implantation Genetic Diagnosis for my BRCA1 mutation. She considers all PGD or PGS patients high risk and will not implant more than one at a time. Since I have depression, my therapist told me to ask if I could do two at a time (because it is anticipated that I will have post-partum depression), but Dr. Rodgers did not think this was possible.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
There is an “issue” with their fax machine. They frequently claim they didn’t receive things that had been sent to them. They also sometimes don’t actually send out items they claim to have sent. This is an ongoing issue. It does not appear to matter how well the items are labeled. I had to send the results to my genetic testing at least 4 times. Additionally, the office always seems to lose letters from the insurance company. They always end up calling me for me to scan and send them a copy of the letter.
Buffalo Grove

In the beginning I was more of a number but as time & problems have gone on I feel like I am getting treated more like a human. She [Dr. Rodgers] does have great bedside manner and really cares for her patients....She has been a great doctor for me. I know she cares and tries her best. We have had many setbacks and she is willing to fight with us....First retrieval was an antagonist protocol with 300 Gonal F & 300 Menopur along with Cetrotide.
The financial coordinator [at FCI] is very good with communication and responding. The billing department is sloppy and you don't get good statements especially if you have anything prepaid with them. The clinic does not use HGH...My third egg retrieval I was not told I ovulated on the table and had only 2 eggs retrieved...I could always get an appointment time that was convenient. Some days you are in and out and others they are backed up.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She has been a great doctor for me. I know she cares and tries her best. We have had many setbacks and she is willing to fight with us. The negatives are FCI does not prescribe HGH. You do have to be very vigilant in getting your concerns and information to everyone you work with.
Make sure you remind her of important details especially during the phone calls.
In the beginning I was more of a number but as time & problems have gone on I feel like I am getting treated more like a human. She does have great bedside manner and really cares for her patients.
First retrieval was an antagonist protocol with 300 Gonal F & 300 Menopur along with Cetrotide. I retrieved 10 eggs, 8 fertilized and all 8 arrested by day 3 so no transfer. My second retrieval I did a lupron protocol with Gonal F & Menopur doses changing almost daily. I retrieved 11 eggs, 6 fertilized, and 1 embryo had to be frozen as my progesterone was too high for a fresh transfer. My third retrieval was lupron, 300 gonal F & 300 Menopur. I had 16 follicles going into retrieval and ended up ovulating during the procedure. 2 follicles were retrieved, 1 fertilized and I don't know yet if it makes it or not to be frozen. We found out during our second & third retrieval due to an ERA that I am pre-receptive by 12 hours so going forward I always have to freeze embryos.
She is good for the most part but I do need to keep on top of details and question potential mistakes at times. I think she care but on an overall basis she seems very overwhelmed and this is getting reflected in the quality and care of her work.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The financial coordinator is very good with communication and responding. The billing department is sloppy and you don't get good statements especially if you have anything prepaid with them. The clinic does not use HGH. Also retrievals at River North you need to stay on top of timing there as you are getting pushed around with many people and your doctor is most likely not there.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I am running around $12,000 per retrieval cycle which includes meds, monitoring & retrieval. I do have some insurance but no coverage for meds.
We have not transferred anything yet but we have discussed positives & negatives to both.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
My third egg retrieval I was not told I ovulated on the table and had only 2 eggs retrieved. I had to call after I was already gone to find this out.
2005 - 2012, Successful
We had lots of set backs and unexplained infertility. Dr. Jacobs always explained all of our options and what our next course of treatment was. He seemed to share some of our feelings with set backs and wanted us to succeed with a live birth-not just as a doctor but as a person.... He explains everything and he's very scientific with his explanations which can be confusing; however, if you ask more details-he's great at breaking it down so you can understand it better and make informed decisions.
I was not as thrilled with his office staff [at FCI- Buffalo Grove] . Very cold and impersonal at the Buffalo Grove facility. At one point they got me and another patient confused and almost proceeded with a test for the wrong thing. Another time, after our 3rd failure with IVF an ultrasound tech said "Wow, I can't believe you're still trying" and not in a good way. I called Marcia, Dr. Jacob's nurse coordinator, and she was very apologetic. It still was very hurtful though, without any compassion or thought.
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Ask lots of questions if you don't understand something. He explains everything and he's very scientific with his explanations which can be confusing; however, if you ask more details-he's great at breaking it down so you can understand it better and make informed decisions.
Dr. Jacobs is very to the point but kind and compassionate too.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Marcia)
Marcia was excellent! She ALWAYS showed compassion and explained everything in detail. She was always available to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I was not as thrilled with his office staff. Very cold and impersonal at the Buffalo Grove facility. At one point they got me and another patient confused and almost proceeded with a test for the wrong thing. Another time, after our 3rd failure with IVF an ultrasound tech said "Wow, I can't believe you're still trying" and not in a good way. I called Marcia, Dr. Jacob's nurse coordinator, and she was very apologetic. It still was very hurtful though, without any compassion or thought.
I had good insurance but after everything was done-we ended up spending about $25,000 of our own money.
I didn't have many embryos to transfer so we didn't really have much choice.
Buffalo Grove

Dr Rodgers was very helpful and understanding during this process. Still to early to know if IUI worked. But appreciated Doc and her staff. I only wish the protocol was outlined a bit clearer considering the several appts needed. Sometimes I didn’t know why I was coming in for an appt, I just showed up. ... Be encouraged to ask questions ... I was told that since my thyroid was low I’d have to take synthetic hormone
I was told that since my thyroid was low I’d have to take synthetic hormone, i was told it would be called In and it never was. ... Weakness. For 6:30 am appts, if patients have arrived, don’t let them sit in the lobby, open the office doors [Fertility Centers of Illinois] so they can sit in the common area. Or have a sign saying the doors won’t open till a certain time so I doesn’t appear like the staff at the desk is ignoring patients ... Although I hated communicating via email, my nurse was very responsive ...
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Be encouraged to ask questions
Not sure as this is my first time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Z)
Although I hated communicating via email, my nurse was very responsive
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Weakness. For 6:30 am appts, if patients have arrived, don’t let them sit in the lobby, open the office doors so they can sit in the common area. Or have a sign saying the doors won’t open till a certain time so I doesn’t appear like the staff at the desk is ignoring patients
High deductible plan$1500
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I was told that since my thyroid was low I’d have to take synthetic hormone, i was told it would be called In and it never was. During my next appt doc asked me about it and I told her no one called it in. Thank goodness next tests showed my thyroid was better.

2022, Successful
Dr. Rodgers was always so nice on the phone answering all my questions and concerns. She celebrated the good with me and supported me through the bad/not so good times...My husband and I felt very comfortable with her and even though this is a stressful time, we always had fun laughs in our consults and good conversations. She was very down to earth and she was able to level with me and give me honest concerns when necessary. I always felt like she had my best interest at heart and I never doubted seeing her throughout my journey...
this nursing staff [Fertility Centers of Illinois] was so wonderful. They answered all my questions - which I definitely had some that would come up randomly. They also supported me in the hard times and celebrated the wins with me. They were quick to get prescriptions sent over and they were fast on responses...It can be a bit difficult to get through and not all phone voicemails are answered so you just have to call back on your own...
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers was truly an amazing doctor. My husband and I felt very comfortable with her and even though this is a stressful time, we always had fun laughs in our consults and good conversations. She was very down to earth and she was able to level with me and give me honest concerns when necessary. I always felt like she had my best interest at heart and I never doubted seeing her throughout my journey.
Make sure you do some research beforehand too. It can help with some explanations and prepare you for what you are starting.
Dr. Rodgers was always so nice on the phone answering all my questions and concerns. She celebrated the good with me and supported me through the bad/not so good times. She was so wonderful to work for and I know she will be the one I go to for future fertility (frozen embryos).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie or Jen Primarily)
Wow this nursing staff was so wonderful. They answered all my questions - which I definitely had some that would come up randomly. They also supported me in the hard times and celebrated the wins with me. They were quick to get prescriptions sent over and they were fast on responses. I really appreciated them so much. Dr. Rodgers has herself such an amazing team!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I primarily went to Buffalo Grove and I liked this clinic. The staff is so friendly and good at assisting you and making you feel comfortable. My only comment just only at Buffalo Grove but all FCI locations is the phone system. It can be a bit difficult to get through and not all phone voicemails are answered so you just have to call back on your own.

2022, Successful
Dr. Hobeika made me feel like his only patient...He personally called me, guided me in my fertility and made me feel I had a say in how I wanted things to go. He really took my opinions, worries and notes into concern...Dr. Hobeika was more aggressive on my 2nd egg retrieval vs. my 1st one. With that too and his guidance, I was able to produce a lot more high quality embryos and just in general a lot more embroyos...
the various locations [Fertility Centers of Illinois] were convenient...River North is their busiest office, sometimes overwhelming there. But a bulk of the procedures take place at River North...I was not crazy about having different Drs for egg retrievals and transfers, so just to be aware just because your Dr. is your Dr. doesn't mean that they will be handling you in the procedures. However, I learned along the way, to cater my schedule and office that my Dr was working...
How was your experience with Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Hobeika is a genuine and caring soul and very upfront about his direction of care with keeping our feeling and opinions and concerns in thought. He goes above and beyond to call you and not just have the nurses always send portal messages and really make you feel comfortable. He has age on his side, I believe he is more up to date with how and when to adjust your care/medicine to get the results on your ends. He is also very positive and is available for any concerns or questions you might have. He has reached out to me nights and weekends when I know he isnt always on call.
Meet in person for your first meeting if you can. You really get to know him when you are in the room with him. No offense to zoom, but this potentially can be a long process and the more you get familiar with any dr. the better.
Dr. Hobeika made me feel like his only patient. He was my 2nd Dr. after my previous Dr. retired and I was really nervous to switch over to a new Dr. He personally called me, guided me in my fertility and made me feel I had a say in how I wanted things to go. He really took my opinions, worries and notes into concern. He went above and beyond to make me feel like an individual patient with him and took my case very intentional and specific to me.
Dr. Hobeika was more aggressive on my 2nd egg retrieval vs. my 1st one. With that too and his guidance, I was able to produce a lot more high quality embryos and just in general a lot more embroyos. I reacted to Dr. Hobeika treatments as he did everything in his power to cater them exactly to how my body was responding.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Sarah )
She was always quick to answer or call if you needed something. She had been through my process through both Drs and always was detailed, organized and provided me with any information needed and answered my billion and two questions every week.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strength-- Large Clinic-Due to my work, I frequented quite a lot of the offices as it worked best, so I bounced between Hoffman, Highland Park, Hinsdale and River North. So the various locations were convenient. Strength- Lots of appointment times. They opened earlier, could get blood work and ultrasounds at early times prior to work starting. Weakness- River North is their busiest office, sometimes overwhelming there. But a bulk of the procedures take place at River North. The team in the offices are great. I had a great support from the inter office team along my process that really helped me get through it. General Notes- I was not crazy about having different Drs for egg retrievals and transfers, so just to be aware just because your Dr. is your Dr. doesn't mean that they will be handling you in the procedures. However, I learned along the way, to cater my schedule and office that my Dr was working. So he would be performing the items for me as that was something that was important to me and made me feel more comfortable. Plus I think the more time you have in front of your own personal Dr. the better.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Elie Hobeika at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I hit my deductible on my insurance, so all my costs were covered by my insurance plan. I did have a concern on my 2nd egg retrieval in regards to pricing and my concerns were voiced to my Dr. and he worked with finance to help take care of my concerns. Looking at my statement of benefits from the insurance, I believe it everything to look fair
Describe Elie Hobeika's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Typical due my age, standard transfer was 1 embryo. It was always discussed each transfer, but Dr. Hobeika recommended it and I followed his guidance.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr Rodgers was great. She was kind and compassionate but I rarely saw her. Just for consultations and one HSG. Everything else was done by different doctors which I hadn't expected when I started with her. If the clinic was completely different I would recommend her...She was willing to transfer up to 3 untested embryos because of my age. Once we did a 3 embryo transfer and once a 2 embryos transfer which resulted in no pregnancy and once resulted in a twin pregnancy after 3 embryos were transferred...
I liked my nurse [at Fertility Centers of Illinois] but often times my questions weren't completely answered...Information was often conflicting. Time to start stim meds but until you talk to finance we won't tell you the meds. You knew for 3 weeks I would be starting a new cycle. Why did you wait until the day of to tell me to talk to finance when it is impossible to reach people...$200 for 3 months of storage, even if you only needed 2 weeks. Nothing less than 3 months. Not letting you store embryos for less than 12 months...
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Don't expect to see her except for consultations
With her I felt like a human. Everywhere else in the clinic I did not but she did talk to me like a human.
Generally used ganirilex and estrogen patches to prime. Then after a cycle started I did varying amounts of follistim, and menopur and then ovidrel to trigger. One time I used omnitrope but that didn't work well and one time I used lupron but that resulted in a cancelled cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie )
I liked my nurse but often times my questions weren't completely answered or the information was given to me as if I was a medical professional. On top of that when I ended up speaking with different nursing staff I often felt like they were telling me not to ask questions. I understood my nurse would have days off, but the other nurses shouldn't have a message that stated 'don't contact us more than once a day'. Information was often conflicting. Time to start stim meds but until you talk to finance we won't tell you the meds. You knew for 3 weeks I would be starting a new cycle. Why did you wait until the day of to tell me to talk to finance when it is impossible to reach people? One time I was very confused by instructions and Stephanie did call me to go over them on the phone which helped a lot.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
You can never get anyone on the phone. You can't always get good appointment times. You don't know that a doctor only does procedures at one location - Chicago until you're prepping for that procedure. Also, if Dr Rodgers was never doing my egg retrievals or transfers why did I HAVE to go through the Chicago location? They treat you like you are a medical expert and don't give you information about costs, and charge you for services you don't need. Ie: 3 months of storage when you're using the sperm in 2 weeks. Also forcing you to pay for 12 months of embryo storage when you don't need 12 months. Not letting you discard abnormal embryos because you have 1 low level mosaic you want to keep. They keep surprise charging you with no list of charges. If you know I'm getting donor sperm you should tell me there's a $200 transfer in fee. In July they must have been purchased by another company and they started a Phreesia check in system and online payment. The check in system is stupid. 10-15 pages you have to go through to check in online. They only send the check in notice 1 hour before you're appointment. So you can't do the check in while on the way to the clinic. It asked repetative things when we're unnecessary. You know I don't have a partner so why do I need to tell you at every appointment I don't want my information shared with my non-existent partner? It doesn't let you make partial payments. It freaks out that you don't want a card saved. Every single time I had to tell it no I don't want a card on file and then yes I'm really sure I don't. I knew I would never owe anything else at this point in the year. Why would I give you my card info Phreesia???? So many people probably have to drive more than an hour to their appointments, why aren't you sending the check in the night before? There was no guidance on consent paperwork. I filled it out to the best of my ability. Including repeatedly telling the forms what I wanted done if I divorced my non-existent partner or they died. Only to get told that I filled them out wrong because the doctor wanted something different done on it. And every time I had to struggle with their online consent program because it refused to do any verification that wasn't uploading pictures of my DL. REPEATEDLY.
Appointments were hard to come by when they had buffalo Grove and highland park closed or partial days. When buffalo Grove opened for 5 days it became easier, but they do the appointments on 15 minutes blocks. In 2021 it was impossible to schedule an appointment that would not cause me to miss work. I usually didn't have any difficulties at the appointments themselves but even now (august 2022) highland park is only 2 days per week. Why do you still have locations only partially opened? The patient portal shows a location in lindenhurst which would have been best for me for monitoring, but every other thing shows that location closed. So why does their patient portal still show it as a location?
My insurance covered most of my costs. But they had surprise charges they did not inform me of in advance. $200 for transfer in sperm, $200 for 3 months of storage, even if you only needed 2 weeks. Nothing less than 3 months. Not letting you store embryos for less than 12 months. Another problem was their billing was a complete disaster. Many times I got bills when I had given them a deposit. They required the deposit but wouldn't apply it without sending me a bill. Then I got a bill for $149.99 and made a partial payment and then they sent me a bill for $200.00 with no additional charges. Why are you sending me a bill for more than I originally owed with no additional charges and I made a payment? Billing could never answer that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Multiple times the doctor would give me one set of instructions and the nurse would give me another set. Not telling people they would be charged for 3 months of storage and they refuse to do monthly storage, not telling people they refuse to discard abnormal embryos unless you want to discard or have used all embryos so they can just charge you more and then not take responsibility for it.

2021 - 2022, Successful
Dr. Rodgers uncovered a host of fertility issues I didn't even know I was dealing with...extremely knowledgeable and thorough. She knows the latest research, and ran all the necessary tests to get to the bottom of my infertility. She had great recommendations for which medications would make me feel best. Because of that, I felt really good throughout my treatments, which is almost unheard of...I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Rodgers. Thanks to her, I finally got pregnant after years of trying...
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rodgers uncovered a host of fertility issues I didn't even know I was dealing with. I’d seen another fertility doctor prior to Dr. Rodgers and didn't get anywhere. Dr. Rodgers is extremely knowledgeable and thorough. She knows the latest research, and ran all the necessary tests to get to the bottom of my infertility. She had great recommendations for which medications would make me feel best. Because of that, I felt really good throughout my treatments, which is almost unheard of. While fertility treatments aren't fun, due to frequency of appointments and volume of patients, I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Rodgers. Thanks to her, I finally got pregnant after years of trying. I will definitely be going back to Dr. Rodgers if I want to have another baby in the future!
Be patient with the process, and trust Dr. Rodgers' recommendations. I don't like taking medications, but at some point I had to go outside my comfort zone to get the results I wanted. Fertility treatments are difficult for everyone, but it's best to work with someone who knows what they're doing, so you can get through the process as quickly as possible.
She always took the time to answer my extensive questions. Was very kind and supportive throughout the process!
Saline Ultrasound to test for polyps, Hysteroscopy to remove polyps, Letrozole to stimulate ovulation, Ovidrel Shot 1x/cycle, 3 timed intercourse cycles, and 2 IUI cycles (second was successful).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie)
Stephanie was awesome! She took the time to explain cycle calendars to me, and went above and beyond to communicate with me in a timely fashion. She was patient, kind, and wonderful to work with.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I know how many patients go through FCI, so I understand how difficult it must be for staff to schedule appointments. However, this was the biggest issue I faced. Often, I'd be told I needed an appointment scheduled immediately, and I would get an answering machine. I would try to schedule online and no one would respond. It was especially difficult to schedule on the weekends. Many times, I would end up at a clinic an hour away from my house. I could tell the staff would get frustrated trying to fit everyone in as well. That was really the only issue I had. All locations were very nice and clean. I liked how there were multiple offices I could visit. Staff and doctors were really nice, especially the ultrasound technicians.
I spent several thousand out of pocket. Everything else was covered by insurance.
Donor Sperm With Other Docs
She [Dr. Rodgers] was relentless in trying to figure out how to get me pregnant and STAY pregnant. Throughout my fertility journey, I experienced multiple losses with both IUI and IVF. With each loss, Dr. Rodgers demonstrated steadfast compassion and empathy while simultaneously identifying possible next steps that would ultimately lead to a successful pregnancy. Her approach was always evidence-based and her sheer knowledge of current literature in the field was evident in her answers to our questions...
The facility [Fertility Centers of Illinois] itself is clean/new, offers onsite parking, and appointments outside of standard business hours. The staff was fantastic...It felt like they were rooting for us with each step in our journey. The phlebotomy staff (especially Angel) were great - quick and nearly pain-free...The Ultrasound technicians (especially Natalie and Christina) were competent, efficient, and kind. After discovering multiple losses, these ladies treated my partner and me with compassion, empathy and respect while delivering the hard news...
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I have nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Rodgers! She was relentless in trying to figure out how to get me pregnant and STAY pregnant. Throughout my fertility journey, I experienced multiple losses with both IUI and IVF. With each loss, Dr. Rodgers demonstrated steadfast compassion and empathy while simultaneously identifying possible next steps that would ultimately lead to a successful pregnancy. Her approach was always evidence-based and her sheer knowledge of current literature in the field was evident in her answers to our questions (and also in her educational social media content - follow her if you're not already). She was also incredibly thorough in my work-up as we tried to understand the underlying cause of my recurrent losses. Although minor things came up here and there on my tests, there was never a glaring answer. Despite this, she eventually helped me achieve a healthy pregnancy. I'm writing this at 18 weeks pregnant and though I have a long way to go until my baby arrives, I could not be more grateful to Dr. Rodgers and her team for where I am today after everything I've gone through. Infertility is an emotionally challenging journey and the healthcare system is far from perfect. And while you have to be your own advocate, you also need an incredible doctor and supportive team. Dr. Rodgers and her team were the perfect fit for my partner and me and we cannot thank them enough!
Be your own advocate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Throughout my treatment at FCI, the Glenview clinic was my primary site of care. The facility itself is clean/new, offers onsite parking, and appointments outside of standard business hours. The staff was fantastic! The Ultrasound technicians (especially Natalie and Christina) were competent, efficient, and kind. After discovering multiple losses, these ladies treated my partner and me with compassion, empathy and respect while delivering the hard news. And when the time came to deliver the good news of a healthy baby/pregnancy, they were thrilled for us. It felt like they were rooting for us with each step in our journey. The phlebotomy staff (especially Angel) were great - quick and nearly pain-free. And the front desk staff was always kind and efficient with check-ins. Infertility is an emotionally challenging journey and the healthcare system is not perfect. You have to be your own advocate, but that is true with any healthcare experience. I found that with a bit of patience, kindness, and understanding - my needs were always met by this clinic. Highly recommend!
Buffalo Grove

She [Dr. Allison Rodgers] has personal experience with all the treatments...I think she will try everything. She investigates stuff other doctors don't bother checking. I had an OB tell me to temp for three months before they'd even bother doing anything else. Well, not Dr. Rodgers! I don't know if our issues would have ever been treated if we hadn't come here...At our first consult she recommended skipping iui due to our history but I wanted to do them (I wasn't ready for ivf yet). Probably should have skipped them.
I think they [Fertility Centers of Illinois] will do what it takes to get you success as long as you're willing/able. Test results are FAST (same day) and there is a lot of consistency in ultrasound techs, nurses, phlebotomists, front desk instead of feeling like you are seeing new people every time. It can sometimes be difficult to get appointments...Much more of a concern if your work can't be flexible with appts. My least favorite thing about FCI is that IVF is only at the downtown location.
Be open
This clinic can be sooooo busy, but when the big things happen I think she always comes through. She has personal experience with all the treatments.
For ivf we did ganirelix, gonalf, menopur, ovidrel. Antibiotics, probiotics, electrolytes. For the FET, lupron. I always needed metric tons of progesterone. We got 4 day-5 embryos with good grading. The first iui I used clomid and it was not the best drug for me so she switched me to letrozole. At our first consult she recommended skipping iui due to our history but I wanted to do them (I wasn't ready for ivf yet). Probably should have skipped them.
I think Ashley is great. In 2019 this clinic was really busy and I don't think she ever missed anything.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I think they will do what it takes to get you success as long as you're willing/able. Test results are FAST (same day) and there is a lot of consistency in ultrasound techs, nurses, phlebotomists, front desk instead of feeling like you are seeing new people every time. It can sometimes be difficult to get appointments when you need them but it is less busy now than it was before covid--although I was never not able to get one at all, it was often not at a great time of day. Much more of a concern if your work can't be flexible with appts. My least favorite thing about FCI is that IVF is only at the downtown location.
We had insurance coverage and employer-sponsored fertility treatments. I don't know what cash prices were like. It seemed in line with what I would expect.
I never considered doing more than one embryo (and I was under 35) so I'm not sure.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
In over two years and dozens of appointments and prescriptions, almost nothing went wrong, and when it did, it wasn't the Buffalo Grove location. River North failed to call me to tell me my procedure time and then told me the wrong time when I called them after hours. Dr Rodgers fixed their mistake by rescheduling me. So I think that is a pretty good track record!
Buffalo Grove

Dr. Rodgers makes changes to try to give the best outcome. The second egg retrieval we made changes that helped retrieve more eggs. She's open to talking about supplements. She will go to bat for you if medically she thinks it worth perusing. I think she tries to do the right thing for each patient. I'm no just a number. ... My doctor suggested 1 and said we have a good chance if you'd done an ERA and the embroyo is PGT tested.
I travel to FCI so I saw Dr. Rodgers in the buffalo grove clinic and that is where my primary nurse is located, but for all my monitoring appointments I would go to Tinley Park clinic because it was closer to my house. Much less waiting at Tinley park and the staff are very compassionate people. ... Ashley [nurse] typically emails me information and responds quickly by that method. It was a little harder to get her on the phone if I wanted to talk.
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
She's great at answering questions, make sure you bring some because she doesn't always cover details unless directly asked-why do you think this treatment plan will be better for me, etc.
Dr. Rodgers is very compassionate. I was concerned about my stimulation (day 11) and not progressing as I'd hoped. My nurse coordinator tried to assure me that Dr. Rodgers was trying to give me the best chance by adding another day on to my stimulation plan. I emailed Dr. Rodgers directly and she called that night from her child's swim meet to discuss my concerns! Wow. She also went to bat for me when we ran into some bumps with our donor sperm. I believe she cares about our outcome.
1) Schoyer Ganirelix 175 Gonal F/150 Menopur-increase to 450 Gonal/F 2)Micro dose Lupron with 300 Gonal F/300 Menopur no changes made to stim doses
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Rupczynski, Stephanie Crissie, Patty)
Ashley typically emails me information and responds quickly by that method. It was a little harder to get her on the phone if I wanted to talk. She was generally on top of things and I believe passed items on to Dr. Rodgers when I asked her input too.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I used Attain $26,600 for two cycle program and FET transfers until one worked. We paid that amount and $10,000 in stimulate medications, $3000 in donor workup for sperm, $1,000 for FET medications
My doctor suggested 1 and said we have a good chance if you'd done an ERA and the embroyo is PGT tested. I'm aware of the health risks to both mom and baby with multiples and from past failures don't want to waste embroyos. Plus we signed up for Attain so the transfers are covered until one works.
Buffalo Grove
He was always there for us and would meet with us at any time and quickly answered all emails. After 9 miscarriages Dr Jacobs never gave up on us and was always willing to work with us and change our treatment plans...We were always given the choice of transferring one or two embryos...We had the best conversations and he was always there to listen.
I truly felt that [our Fertility Centers of Illinois nurse] was part of our journey and our happiness and sadness during difficult times was shared with her...No weakness, this is a great clinic! Wait time was quick, receptionists are all very friendly! InFertility is a difficult journey and this clinic makes it so much easier. I can’t say enough great things. I was part of fertility centers of Illinois for 3 years and I have all great feelings about the location despite the sadness and difficulty that comes with the journey
How was your experience with Laurence Jacobs at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
There is no way to explain the amazing experience that I had with dr jacobs. He was always there for us and would meet with us at any time and quickly answered all emails. After 9 miscarriages Dr Jacobs never gave up on us and was always willing to work with us and change our treatment plans. We saw a few other specialists during our time with Dr Jacobs and he was willing to work with anyone if it meant that we would get the answers and results of a heathy baby! In the end we were successful and had a beautiful baby girl thanks to dr Jacobs and the whole team at fertility centers of Illinois!
He is amazing and wants the best for each of his patients!
Dr. Jacobs is amazing. We had the best conversations and he was always there to listen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Jennifer melligan)
Jennifer, and all of the nursing staff was my favorite part of this difficult journey. I have absolute live for all of the staff but Jennifer was amazing. I truly felt that she was part of our journey and our happiness and sadness during difficult times was shared with her. I have never felt more comfortable or at ease with another nurse in my life. She is an amazing person
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
My insurance is very good so I didn’t have to worry about costs
We were always given the choice of transferring one or two embryos. Both unsuccessful transfers were with two embryos and our final, successful transfer was with one embryo

2018 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Rogers always made me feel heard and seen...Dr. Rogers is very confident in what she does. When things weren’t going as planned she always made me feel like everything would be okay - that we would reach our ultimate goal of becoming parents. She was again confident in the procedures she performed for me and always made me feel comfortable in such a whirlwind of an experience...
FCI [Fertility Centers of Illinois] is a great clinic overall. Everyone is amazingly friendly, phone calls are always answered or returned in a timely manner, they always had availability for me to fit my schedule and I never felt like I was just another patient to them...Stephanie [nurse] was amazing when it came to answering all my questions, getting me my meds on time and dealing with pharmacies for me...
How was your experience with Allison Rodgers at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Ask lots of questions and listen carefully. There is a lot of information being throw your way, but Dr Rogers and her team are there to consistently answer any questions or concerns.
Dr. Rogers always made me feel heard and seen. This current pregnancy was the result of a frozen embryo transfer and I always felt confident in the process and care I was receiving.
Stephanie was amazing when it came to answering all my questions, getting me my meds on time and dealing with pharmacies for me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
FCI is a great clinic overall. Everyone is amazingly friendly, phone calls are always answered or returned in a timely manner, they always had availability for me to fit my schedule and I never felt like I was just another patient to them. They all truly care about your treatment plan.
Buffalo Grove

When we initially met him [Dr. Kaplan] he took the minimal amount of testing we had done to date at face value (labs for me and 1 SA for my husband). He quickly diagnosed our issue as MFI despite every single one of my ultrasounds having notes that stated both of my ovaries met the criteria for PCOS. He made no mention of this and made no adjustments to my protocol...It is clear that Dr. Kaplan is extremely intelligent but he is more of a salesman than he is a physician. In our initial consultation, he raved about how 'easy' our case was and was so bold as to promise it would not take much to get us pregnant. Unfortunately, in doing so he ignored blatant indicators in both my labs and imaging that I had PCOS. I was put on a generic protocol. Even when the protocol failed and we looked for reasons and potential causes he continued to ignore the notes in every single one of my ultrasounds on the condition of my ovaries.
There is a large staff at FCI and you rotate through whoever is on that day. Some are wonderful (Mimi, Caitlin, Jill) and some were just cold and came across as if you were inconveniencing them asking questions about triggers/labs/next steps...When our PGT results came in the lab tech called with the basic report...However, the only person FCI would allow to discuss those results with me was Dr. Kaplan and he did not have an appointment for 3 weeks.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Kaplan is not the right physician if the cause of your infertility is still unclear and if you want a protocol that is customized to your unique diagnosis. He does not do much in terms of work up and pushes hard for IVF as the first course of treatment even if underlying issues are still unclear. As a result, the protocol you're initially put on will not be tailored to you. If you feel strongly about using Dr. Kaplan (he is very nice and very warm) I can't stress enough how important it will be to advocate for yourself to do research on testing before starting your protocols. Despite the fact that he agreed with me (wholeheartedly) I had to ask for an ERA with only 1 embryo to transfer, I had to as for PGT testing, I had to ask for ICSI despite my husband's poor morphology. He has a cookie-cutter template and if you want a unique approach you will have to do the research and present it to him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
As time went on with our treatment it became clear that Dr. Kaplan's drive for a successful outcome was related more so to volume of success vs. % of patients with good outcomes. When we initially met him he took the minimal amount of testing we had done to date at face value (labs for me and 1 SA for my husband). He quickly diagnosed our issue as MFI despite every single one of my ultrasounds having notes that stated both of my ovaries met the criteria for PCOS. He made no mention of this and made no adjustments to my protocol.
Describe the protocols Brian Kaplan used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
When we came to Dr. Kaplan we believed our issue was MFI (poor morphology, good counts, and motility). We moved directly into two medicated IUIs. I am a hyper responder and got 3 follicles each cycle with just 5mg of Letrozole (he is not a Clomid fan). After both failed we moved to IVF. I did 21 days of birth control, 225 gonalF, and 75 menopur with an antagonist protocol. We did a Lupron trigger because my estrogen climbed very high and my retrieval yielded 40+ eggs. Only 14 were mature, 11 fertilized, 6 embryos and just 1 tested PGT normal. I believe this protocol was far too aggressive for a hyper responder like myself.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
There is a large staff at FCI and you rotate through whoever is on that day. Some are wonderful (Mimi, Caitlin, Jill) and some were just cold and came across as if you were inconveniencing them asking questions about triggers/labs/next steps (Donna in particular). They have a great system for asking questions in the portal and getting a quick response but it was very luck of the draw on how thoroughly your question would be answered. For example, in our first IUI after a monitoring appointment they just emailed me and told me to trigger and call for an IUI on a certain date - that was it. The front desk had no instructions when I called and I had to follow up and ask what the protocol was for the day of (my husband's sample, arrival time, would the Dr be there? - he is not).
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
It's a massive operation. There are pros and cons to that. Pros: it's easy to get in for a generic appointment (monitoring, imaging, labs), the nurses respond within 30-60 minutes in the portal Cons: because it is so big and because they take on SO many patients it's clear that everyone who works there is stressed - they are rude and short with you off the bat which just adds to the stress of infertility. Billing is a nightmare and it often feels like the right hand isn't talking to the left.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
When our PGT results came in the lab tech called with the basic report. She was unable to go into any detail (egg quality report, sperm quality report) anything that would have alluded to the underlying cause which I understand. However, the only person FCI would allow to discuss those results with me was Dr. Kaplan and he did not have an appointment for 3 weeks. We had to wait, knowing that nearly all of our embryos were not viable, for 3 weeks to learn about what happened and what we could do next. We lost a month in our transfer as a result
Chicago/River North

Dr. Rapisarda is a great physician...we were relieved and impressed by Dr. Rapisarda's communication style. He does not use a "one size fits all" approach. During our first interview he was warm and inquisitive. He wanted to arrive at a clear diagnosis and cause of our secondary infertility...He is very inquisitive and has an investigative approach to diagnosing and treating infertility
The [Fertility Centers of Illinois] clinic is accessible and comfortable. Appointments are easy to schedule through the patient portal. Occasionally you'll be put on hold on the phone to schedule an appointment. We had to transfer a frozen embryo here from another clinic. The embryologist was very cooperative and communicated well with us. One thing which we did not anticipate was seeing other doctors at the clinic for one of the ERA's and for our FET.
How was your experience with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rapisarda's demeanor is professional, calm, and warm. He is very inquisitive and has an investigative approach to diagnosing and treating infertility. When he discovered that I had an isthmocele ( a c-section scar defect) he referred me to a surgeon. He let us know our treatment options, including an Endometrial Receptivity Test which assesses the best time to implant an embryo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Come with a list of questions and he will be happy to answer them.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
Dr. Rapisarda is a great physician. After a poor experience with another IVF doctor, we were relieved and impressed by Dr. Rapisarda's communication style. He does not use a "one size fits all" approach. During our first interview he was warm and inquisitive. He wanted to arrive at a clear diagnosis and cause of our secondary infertility. He suspected that I had a ismothecele from my previous c-section, and he was correct.
Describe the protocols John Rapisarda used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
He performed a saline ultrasound to diagnosis an isthmocele. He then referred me to a surgeon to determine if an isthmocele repair was necessary or not. He performed an ERA at his office to assess the best day for an embryo transfer. For my FET and ERA, I was put on a protocol of estrogen pills 3x a day and a daily progesterone shot. After it was discovered that there was fluid in my uterus from the estrogen, he changed the protocol so that one of the estrogen pills was taken internally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Jenna)
The nursing staff at FCI is compassionate, organized, and communicative. My nurse went out of town for a week which led to some difficultly with getting blood test results for a day, but other than that everything went very smoothly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
The clinic is accessible and comfortable. Appointments are easy to schedule through the patient portal. Occasionally you'll be put on hold on the phone to schedule an appointment. We had to transfer a frozen embryo here from another clinic. The embryologist was very cooperative and communicated well with us. One thing which we did not anticipate was seeing other doctors at the clinic for one of the ERA's and for our FET. I was very nervous about this but I ended up really liking both the doctors we saw, Dr. Marut and Dr. Sipe. I was impressed about how much Dr. Marut knew about my case. Dr. Sipe had a great bedside manner and performed the FET effortlessly. The one criticism I have for the clinic was that there was some miscommunication about the grade of my embryo, which had been fertilized at my previous clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Rapisarda at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
We're still waiting for our final bill. Our insurance paid for the first ERA.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
There was some miscommunication about the grade of my embryo, which was fertilized and frozen at another clinic. My previous clinic used a previous grading system. This miscommunication caused a lot of anxiety since they gave me the impression that my embryo was poor quality. After speaking to my nurse, this miscommunication was cleared up. Another miscommunication happened when my nurse was out of town. I had blood drawn several times at a hospital outside of Chicago. The hospital faxed the results but the results were lost twice. I also did not receive my results or a phone call until the next day.
John Rapisarda
Chicago/River North

Dr. Kaplan is a true expert in his field. He is honest and warm but will not tell you a story just to tell a story. He understands your heart's desire to have a child and knew that I wanted to give it my all during this journey. He also respected my religious outlook and faith, and he seems to appreciate all faiths...but he emphasized that he does only take patients to increase his numbers.
[Fertility Centers of Illinois is] Well organized and efficient. Scheduling coordinator responds quickly. Everyone communicates together and works as a team. The ultrasound nurses are patient, compassionate, thorough and informative. Ilynne and the team coordinated PGS testing with the genetic lab so smoothly and seamlessly. The embryologist Anna played a large role and was always so compassionate, thorough, responsive and timely.
How was your experience with Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
I understand that I'm not the ideal patient. I have had 2 natural pregnancies and losses and advanced maternal age with diminished ovarian reserves. However, Dr. Kaplan remained positive for me and optimistic during my cycles. But also remained very honest. I appreciate the fact that Dr. Kaplan performs all his own retrievals and transfers with his team of embryologists in Highland Park. So the retrieval and transfer dates are set each month. So you can plan your life around those set dates. Dr. Kaplan is also creative in his treatments. He changed the protocol for my 2nd cycle to improve my #'s. He is creative and adjusts the medications depending on my response. Prior to my 2nd cycle, my blood tests showed that I was not ready to proceed with stimulation. I expressed that I was disappointed but he told me to return in a couple days to test again. My numbers improved slightly and he allowed me to proceed with IVF. I really appreciated that he just didn't cancel me and have me wait another month but was understanding and compassionate to give me a 2nd chance.
You won't be able to see Dr. Kaplan often or hear from him directly, but you can trust his IVF coordination nurse Ilynne. Trust that he is reviewing your labwork and providing the best treatment even if you don't hear from him. If you have questions and need answers, be persistent with the nurses and they will communicate with Dr. Kaplan for you.
Dr. Kaplan is a true expert in his field. He is honest and warm but will not tell you a story just to tell a story. He understands your heart's desire to have a child and knew that I wanted to give it my all during this journey. He also respected my religious outlook and faith, and he seems to appreciate all faiths. He does not focus on the statistics at his clinic because he genuinely wants to help couples become parents. We were nervous that the clinic would reject us due to our age, but he emphasized that he does only take patients to increase his numbers. We appreciate and have faith in his mission to help us. He is creative in his protocols for IVF stimulation and will adjust depending on your response. That shows me that he is personalizing his treatment for each patient hoping for the best outcome.
1st cycle: Priming: Endometrin 3 times a day for 4 weeks prior to stimulation. Estrace pill once a day. Stimulation: 1) Follistim 450. 2) Menopur 150. 3) Microdose Leuprolide. 4) HCG. 5) Ovidrel trigger shot Retrieval: 10 eggs, 6 fertilized, 2 blastocyst sent for PGS testing. Both embryos returned as aneuploid. 2nd cycle: Priming: Endometrin 3 times a day and Estrace pill 1 times a day. Stimulation: Clomid for 12 days during stimulation. 1) Follistim 450. 2) Menopur 150. 3) HCG 4) Ganirelix 5) Ovidrel trigger shot Retrieval: 6 eggs. 3 fertilized. 3 blastocysts sent for PGS testing. All 3 returned as aneuploid. Awaiting to commence 3rd cycle. I also took the following OTC supplements: Prenatal Coq10 Ovasitol Probiotic Omega Fish Oil Vitamin D Magnesium/Calcium Melatonin Acupuncture and Yoga
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Ilynne McGovern)
Ilynne is sharp, smart, organized, attentive and the absolute best person to coordinate and manage your IVF journey. She has her team working efficiently. She always takes the time to call you and discuss with you when it is important. Several times I can tell she was talking to me from outside the clinic. That's how caring and attentive she is. She also responds by email and text which is so reassuring. She is a true expert in her field and is the perfect combination of business and medicine. I can tell that Dr. Kaplan and Ilynne are a phenomenal team together. The ultrasound nurses are also all rooting for you and that makes the journey a little better.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Well organized and efficient. Scheduling coordinator responds quickly. Everyone communicates together and works as a team. The ultrasound nurses are patient, compassionate, thorough and informative. Ilynne and the team coordinated PGS testing with the genetic lab so smoothly and seamlessly. The embryologist Anna played a large role and was always so compassionate, thorough, responsive and timely. Their lab, aParentIVF lab (for embryo freezing, biopsy and sperm freezing) also worked efficiently and very responsive and helpful. They even helped to negotiate with the genetic lab. Only negative was that 2 of the phlebotomists talked down to me because I was wearing a mask during the covid pandemic and I had to explain to them that it was a layer of protection for both of us, just like how they're wearing gloves. (before the clinic required masks) Kind of funny how they were condescending and asked "what's with the mask" as a medical professional.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brian Kaplan at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
For each cycle not covered by Insurance: Biopsy of embryo for genetic testing $2600, Freezing $1200, Thawing $200. Genetic Lab testing $2500. HCG Shots $700-800 Insurance Out of Pocket: $3k each year. 4 cycles retrievals covered by insurance. Vitamins/Acupuncture/Yoga out of pocket. $2k
Chicago/River North

If you are looking for a no-nonsense, fact based experience that gets results and don't need someone who is warm and fuzzy to deliver the good and bad news, Dr. Hirshfeld is a good option...I had diminished ovarian reserve and my husband had some motility issues. Dr. Hirshfeld prescribed some vitamins including Vitamin D and CoQ10 for each of us...I believe that Dr. Hirshfeld is well informed and I trusted her care. I wouldn't characterize her as a "warm" person, but rather she is straight to the point which for me was totally fine. I appreciated her direct answers, but I could see how some other women might need a warmer experience especially during such a trying moment in their lives.
She [nurse at Fertility Center of Illinois] spent as much time on the phone as I needed explaining in fine detail all of the next steps so that I could prepare my schedule and make sure we did everything correctly...The office has some issues. They felt unorganized and honestly is the reason I'm taking the time to write this review...we had a few issues with getting appointments set via the scheduler (Frank?) and also had an issue getting our final documents transferred to our midwives office when the time came.
How was your experience with Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois?
There is a slight "cattle being ushered through the field" feeling here. When we first came to FCI, I decided I didn't want to overwhelm myself with information from the internet and came to our first meeting(s) with no questions and an open mind. After some time, we felt like we were only being given the amount of information we needed at the moment, and after consulting with some other friends who had been through this process, we decided that we needed to be more pushy and advocate for ourselves harder. That resulted in a well planned out off-scheduled meeting with the doctor that was actually very helpful.
Describe the protocols Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of Illinois and their degree of success.
I had diminished ovarian reserve and my husband had some motility issues. Dr. Hirshfeld prescribed some vitamins including Vitamin D and CoQ10 for each of us. I was prescribed Letrozole for 5 days, then after an ultrasound confirming I had a viable follicle I used the Ovidrel trigger shot and then took Prometrium every evening following. We had one unsuccessful IUI, but we got pregnant on the second try. I used Prometrium every evening until I was 9 weeks. I am now 16 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Christina)
I was very happy to be under Christina's care. Our first week we were with someone named Marny who was not very organized and was not a good communicator. When Christina took over we were relieved. She spent as much time on the phone as I needed explaining in fine detail all of the next steps so that I could prepare my schedule and make sure we did everything correctly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
This clinic seems somewhat unorganized. My nurse was really helpful in moving things along, but we had a few issues with getting appointments set via the scheduler (Frank?) and also had an issue getting our final documents transferred to our midwives office when the time came.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
My insurance is pretty good so much of my costs were covered. I think I only paid for the ultrasounds and the prescriptions. All in all, with two rounds of IUI I think we spent around $500. After the first unsuccessful IUI I did more research on IVF and that would have been considerably more, in the range of $5K-$8K, due mostly to the prescription drugs.

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
There were times I felt like she [ Dr. Hirshfeld-Cytron] was more interested in my partner's fertility chances than my own because my chances of going through a successful egg retrieval were low... However, at a recent appoint in the last 6 months, I felt like she started to "click" with us a bit better and really understood that my wife and I are both going through the fertility treatments as patients who might both conceive and not just a carrier and supporter. We have been seeing Dr. H for nearly 3 years and will stick with her through the remaining pursuit to have a baby.
nursing staff [at Fertility Centers of Illinois] were attentive, responsive and knowledgeable. I felt confident in the information they were providing and knew I would always get a response if I emailed a question... is run very efficiently - this is both a strength and a weakness. The strength part of this is you can get the appointments you need to proceed with your treatments, while also working and living your life. The weakness is that this can sometimes feel like you are just a number they call to perform another procedure. There are also times when things are running behind (30 mins+) and there is no apology/explanation,
Perhaps my opinion is schewed by the fact that both my wife and have each worked with Dr. Hirshfeld to try to get pregnant, and we have not yet gotten a healthy embryo to implant, but I often felt like I was a lower priority than my wife because my probability of producing healthy eggs was lower. This would manifest in time spent focused on my options during a consultation and how quickly she recommended moving on to only my wife attempting egg retrieval. However, at a recent appoint in the last 6 months, I felt like she started to "click" with us a bit better and really understood that my wife and I are both going through the fertility treatments as patients who might both conceive and not just a carrier and supporter. We have been seeing Dr. H for nearly 3 years and will stick with her through the remaining pursuit to have a baby. Despite some of the concerns I had about her interest in my fertility options (as opposed to my wife's), I trust her judgement and appreciate her compassionate approach to the ups and downs of the last couple of years. She also always took the time to explain the processes in great detail, in terms we could understand, was honest about the percentages of success for most procedures and took the time to answer questions.
Make sure she understands your family dynamic and that you ask questions if you feel unsure that all options have been explored or offered.
There were times I felt like she was more interested in my partner's fertility chances than my own because my chances of going through a successful egg retrieval were low.
I started an egg retrieval cycle following standard diagnostic tests and consultation. IUI was not an option because of a blocked tube. My bloodwork and ultrasounds revealed that my estrogen levels were very low and only 1 follicle per ovary reacted to the drugs. Per this info, Dr. H said we could not go through with the egg retrieval. We are now working to use an egg donor, and I have completed a new round of ultrasounds and bloodwork to prep for this process. I am now on birth control pills to regulate my cycle while determine the egg donor and associated paperwork.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of Illinois. (Assigned nurse: Marni)
Marni and Dr. H's nursing staff were attentive, responsive and knowledgeable. I felt confident in the information they were providing and knew I would always get a response if I emailed a question.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
FCI is run very efficiently - this is both a strength and a weakness. The strength part of this is you can get the appointments you need to proceed with your treatments, while also working and living your life. The weakness is that this can sometimes feel like you are just a number they call to perform another procedure. There are also times when things are running behind (30 mins+) and there is no apology/explanation, or even acknowledgement that they are running behind. Efficient, but not always personal. However, when you need to go for an ultrasound and blood work each morning of a week, and you can get the appointment you need before work and are in and out in 30 minutes, generally you can count on FCI to make it happen. I also find that the nurses and office staff to do acknowledge any person accompanying a patient for treatment. In my case, my wife would be with me for many appointments (or I would go with my wife for appointments), and as the nurse or office staff would call your name to go to the procedure - they would never acknowledge or greet the non-patient. I find this odd, since in many, if not most scenarios, the non-patient is likely a partner or spouse, who feel every bit as much patient as the actual patient through this process.
We are lucky that we have insurance that covers some of the costs associated with fertility, but only to a point and for so many attempts. I feel that the cost most glaring was tied to the storage of sperm and/or embryos. That was a significant cost for us during this process and it is not covered by insurance. This is especially difficult to get a large bill like that following an egg retrieval that results in abnormal embryos that need to be destroyed (or used in research). Long-term storage of embryos or sperm seems reasonable, but short-term storage while viability is determined seems unfair.
Describe Jennifer Hirshfeld-Cytron's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of Illinois.
No comments as it is not relevant to my treatment to date.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr HC is a direct communicator and even though her style is not effusive, I always felt respected and like she had my best interests in mind...Really knowledgeable, patient and clear. Very good at setting expectations and walking us through the data. Data coupled with personal preference and needs guided all treatment decisions. I never felt like any question was annoying.
[Fertility Centers of Illinois] Strengths: very efficient and organized, easy to get in at preferred time for monitoring, accessible nurses, clear Treatment plans...The imaging staff is incredible...Weaknesses: I am disabled and the Glenview clinic was not versed in accessibility laws. We had to advocate hard let than we should have to get basic access needs met.
She is not effusive but she cares deeply. She is super smart and knows statistics by heart. She is experienced and trustworthy
IUI w clomid, follistim and ovidrel x 3 Now prepping for IVF w frozen transfer/ natural cycle. Priming w estrogen patches and next cycle will be stimulating meds and retrieval
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
Strengths: very efficient and organized, easy to get in at preferred time for monitoring, accessible nurses, clear Treatment plans and in the midst of a busy fertility center, i feel like a person. The imaging staff is incredible and warm and my doctor and her nurses and MA are fantastic Weaknesses: I am disabled and the Glenview clinic was not versed in accessibility laws. We had to advocate hard let than we should have to get basic access needs met. Phlebotomists could use some sensitivity training (I.e. don’t tell patients that it’s stress that’s interfering with conception. One phlebotomist at the RN location said that patients who destress by going on vacation often get pregnant spontaneously!) as a person in a same sex couple, this was tough to hear.
Insurance covered most of our treatment minus 15% coninsurance

2016 - 2022, Successful
For my husband and me, Dr. Hirshfeld was the ideal blend of science-backed guidance and empathy for the patient. I never felt like "just a number" with her...Dr. Hirshfeld went out of her way to call me and hold space for me and any questions that I had. This meant so much...I always felt like I was in very good hands with her. She also was open to offering alternative treatments suggestions to assist / enhance the IVF process -- such as Chinese acupuncture. She is highly respected as a fertility doctor in Chicago for her knowledge and expertise -- I trust her and highly recommend her to friends who are looking for pursue fertility treatments...She gave us the facts of single versus multiple, and there was very little "steering" as to what she would recommend until I asked her point-blank
The things that went "wrong" with FCI had to do with the Financial Team. They were so disorganized and terrible with follow-up. My husband and I had to constantly email / call them to verify things -- not to mention FIX mistakes. The same empathy and organization that I experienced on the medical side did not translate to the administrative side...I always had lovely interactions with my doctor (Dr. Hirshfeld), her nursing team, the ultrasound techs, and those who administered labs
She is the ideal balance of science-backed guidance + empathy. I always felt like I was in very good hands with her. She also was open to offering alternative treatments suggestions to assist / enhance the IVF process -- such as Chinese acupuncture. She is highly respected as a fertility doctor in Chicago for her knowledge and expertise -- I trust her and highly recommend her to friends who are looking for pursue fertility treatments.
Stay open, come with questions, know that you're in great hands with her. <3
For my husband and me, Dr. Hirshfeld was the ideal blend of science-backed guidance and empathy for the patient. I never felt like "just a number" with her, nor with her nursing team. Even when we had a few unanticipated hiccups with our journey, Dr. Hirshfeld went out of her way to call me and hold space for me and any questions that I had. This meant so much. The doctors and nurses at FCI are overwhelmed with caseload, so I took this very much to heart with all of my interactions while undergoing treatment. While IVF and the fertility journey was an understandably emotional time for ME, I also held empathy for those handling my care and did my best to keep a positive attitude and surround myself with support.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of Illinois.
I feel like almost every fertility clinic is subject to reviews that will say "I felt like a number." FCI certainly has its share of those reviews. However, I never felt this way. I always had lovely interactions with my doctor (Dr. Hirshfeld), her nursing team, the ultrasound techs, and those who administered labs. My only major grievance was with the FCI financial team -- they were so disorganized and not helpful unless pressed. There seems to be a big disconnect in quality in medical care (excellent!) vs. the administrative team (poor) at FCI, something that I communicated to my doctor.
She gave us the facts of single versus multiple, and there was very little "steering" as to what she would recommend until I asked her point-blank. Given my age and the increased risk for miscarriage and complications, my husband and I opted to move forward with a single embryo transfer.