Selling medication is not offered

Westborough
33 Lyman Street
Westborough, MA 01581
1-877-26-3483

I had to constantly remind him [Dr. Robert Weiss] of my conditions, history and path forward every single time we sat together. How many times should you need to remind your doctor that you cannot take birth control due to a blood clotting disorder?...He quite literally remembers nothing about you from one visit to the next...we did not appreciate being automatically put onto a standard protocol without special consideration for our needs and/or health conditions. If I was not acutely aware of my own health and fertility concepts , we might have been talked into the completely wrong choice. In the end, I truly believe that had another doctor not stepped in to assist our case, we may have repeate
Strengths of the clinic [Fertility Centers of New England]: locations, early AM hours for bloodwork and monitoring, ability to do procedures at all times/days due to many physicians, numbers, money. Weaknesses: No personal treatment, you are a number, disorganized and unfriendly patient coordination, slow insurance processing team, inconsistency in interpretation of monitoring results from site-to-site, too many physicians involved to have personal touch, completely inflexible and stubborn in their ways - " the protocol is the protocol, the procedure is the procedure".
How was your experience with Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England?
Dr. Weiss is not an unfriendly person; I think he quite possibly could be a nice guy to know. Unfortunately, his mannerisms in the office did not convey confidence or give us the impression that he was "in our corner". In the grand scheme of infertility cases, my husband and I are quite straightforward. However, we did not appreciate being automatically put onto a standard protocol without special consideration for our needs and/or health conditions. If I was not acutely aware of my own health and fertility concepts , we might have been talked into the completely wrong choice. In the end, I truly believe that had another doctor not stepped in to assist our case, we may have repeated this unsuccessful transfer protocol over and over. There is a benefit to having a gigantic clinic, and perhaps some find the mechanics and timing of that helpful. However, this really strained the relationship between us and Dr. Weiss, and I would not recommend this additional stress to anyone already going through infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England?
You are going to have to advocate for yourself HARD. You have to constantly remind the doctor of everything about you, all the time. If you are not comfortable with that, or do not know this process very well, we would advise seeking alternate care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England?
I believe that Dr. Weiss, like many physicians, does not mean harm toward his patients. However, his bedside manner really leaves something to be desired, and the way he and the other doctors & staff conduct business in this practice is shameful. You sit among a huge group of persons waiting in a huge room, and sign yourself in. You wait tremendous amounts of time, and are treated like farm animals being milked. The one-on-one consults with Dr. Weiss feel no different, and I would say worse. I had to constantly remind him of my conditions, history and path forward every single time we sat together. How many times should you need to remind your doctor that you cannot take birth control due to a blood clotting disorder? Your health and well-being should be their top priority, followed second by their drive to get you to your goals of starting or growing your family. He quite literally remembers nothing about you from one visit to the next, and I am not sure he is aware how hurtful, scary and devastating that is to a couple going through this already horrible experience.
Describe the protocols Robert Weiss used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
In summary, we did a total of 2 egg retrieval cycles, 2 transfer cycles, and many halted processes in between. We began this journey knowing of our medical history with male factor infertility. This knowledge in itself should have prepped the clinic to request back-up cryopreserved sperm in the event anything happened on the physical day of retrieval (i.e. – if there was any issue getting live sperm on the day of egg retrieval). This was not done and cost us a huge portion of time and lots of insurance hurdles to go through. My husband’s medication halted sperm production during the retrieval, and our oocytes were frozen on day of retrieval, which was not something we discussed prior to surgery. I signed consent forms immediately after anesthesia, and while I would have chosen the same thing in another situation, this lack of planning and harried accommodations infuriated us. My husband eventually created multiple back-up vials of sperm and insisted about them being frozen and stored at the clinic. Due to insurance restrictions, we were now forced to use the frozen oocytes to attempt embryo creation, despite the acknowledgement that success rates would be considerably lower. Nothing can describe the heartbreak when FCNE informed us that none of the oocytes survived the thaw, and we would have to undergo a second retrieval process. Months later, due to travel and other conflicts, we had a second egg retrieval done, and the result of this was 5 total embryos using a fresh semen sample produced the day of retrieval. Under the perceived time pressure that many of us feel undergoing infertility, we elected to conduct a fresh transfer cycle with one of the embryos during the same cycle as the retrieval. It was clear my uterus and body were not ideally prepared for this transfer and quite stressed. Needless to say, the transfer of the fresh embryo did not work, and we were able to freeze down 2 other embryos. We were stressed, hopeless and exhausted, and elected to take a couple months off to let my mind and body recover. Upon return, we commenced an estrogen-supported cycle to attempt a transfer. The Estrogen suppressed ovulation, extended my normal 28-day cycles to greater than 46 days, and the endometrial lining never reached the desired thickness despite countless days of monitoring. Frustrated with Dr. Weiss for trying to push this cycle to success when it clearly was not getting there, I asked for medication to induce a period or ‘breakthrough’ bleed (as without ovulation, it was unsure when my body would decide to menstruate). We therefore started a new ‘cycle’ with plenty of added surprises; upon my first blood & ultrasound monitoring, it was clear that the follicle from my last cycle was still maturing in the ovary, and was now nearly ready to ovulate. This is when a second physician at FCNE took a look at my file (by chance? by intervention???) and determined that we should try a ‘natural’ cycle – we would monitor ovulation and do the transfer immediately after. Yes, this involves a lot of monitoring, but it is almost as natural as you can go. No estrogen, just progesterone support to promote the pregnancy. This was our successful cycle. Ten days post-transfer we had a blazing positive pregnancy test. Had we not been allowed to do a natural cycle for transfer, we may have never got here.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Centers of New England.
I think that because we did not have specific nurses or nursing staff assigned to us, it was very 'hit or miss' if we had good care from the team on a day to day. I will say that the 'lead nurse' or however she was referred to was perhaps the least compassionate human I have ever met, and it was outrageous to me that she was allowed to speak to patients as she did. We limited our discussion with her to only what was absolutely necessary. Some of the nurses were very sweet, some were also very rude. It just depended.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I supposed, like so many things in life, it is a choice you should make based upon your own mental state and stance. If achieving a pregnancy, despite hurdles and feeling like farm cattle, is your goal, this might be perfectly adequate. They have the flexibility, numbers and success rates that suggest it is a worthy clinic. However, I would postulate that the majority of women & couples are in an infertility situation are already mentally and emotionally fragile, and this additional stress provided by this type of clinic seems like the wrong choice for many. Strengths of the clinic: locations, early AM hours for bloodwork and monitoring, ability to do procedures at all times/days due to many physicians, numbers, money. Weaknesses: No personal treatment, you are a number, disorganized and unfriendly patient coordination, slow insurance processing team, inconsistency in interpretation of monitoring results from site-to-site, too many physicians involved to have personal touch, completely inflexible and stubborn in their ways - " the protocol is the protocol, the procedure is the procedure".
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of New England.
Monitoring was very much a 'cattle-call' process. So many persons in a waiting room where you checked yourself in. I think that having the hours early in the AM was convenenient for most, but it was not as convenient as coming in when it made sense for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England.
Thankfully we live in a state with mandated coverage, and our insurance was excellent. We paid for storage of embryos and semen samples, which was in the $100s, but otherwise we only paid our co-pays for cycles and medications.
Describe Robert Weiss's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of New England.
Single transfer is mandated here, and I support that. As a high-risk patient, I would not have been comfortable with transferring multiple embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England.
Some things that felt like insults at the end of the day: * When we finally got a positive pregnancy test, a random nurse who I never had met called to tell me. I could not believe our own doctor did not call. * Due to male factor infertility, we should have had frozen sperm samples prepared ahead of any egg retrieval cycle, or at least been asked about it. We were not * We constantly had to remind them where we lived, and therefore would prefer to be monitored at the clinic near our home * Insurance procedures and delays were never explained. I understand that department's role is critical and high-volume, but getting zero information about anything which caused months and months of delay was so frustrating * The patient care coordinator lead was NEVER in the office and we could not reach her by phone. It was so sad and frustrating * Our oocytes were destroyed due to hurried procedure to freeze down when we did not have adequate sperm; this resulted in needing to go though multiple retrieval cycles unnecessarily * Prescriptions were sent to pharmacies which did not take our insurance/were out of network, despite us having asked they be sent to places with known coverage * There are standard protocols which you are put onto without any option to discuss or understand alternatives.

2020, Unsuccessful
I have DOR and was supposed to use microdose lupron [with Dr. Vitiello], but it was forgotten. I had no day-5 embryos...There was no apology or solution offered. Instead, I was treated very poorly...There is no contact with the doctor during your cycle. The only contact is after the retrieval. When my embryos didn't make it to day 5, a random doctor left me a voicemail to give me the news...When I told her about my previous experiences, she was not willing to listen because it wasn't "her data". I may not be a doctor, but I definitely know my experiences personally. Leading up to the cycle, I had numerous consults with her, which were all very positive. The actual cycle was incredibly disappointing.
I had very little interaction with the nursing staff [at Fertility Centers of New England]. My monitoring and labs were all done by outsourced parties who could not answer any of my questions. The doctor made a mistake on my treatment protocol, which resulted in zero day-5 embryos. There was no apology or solution offered. Instead, I was treated very poorly...The nurses and lab staff are outsourced and cannot answer any questions...The nurses/coordinators repeatedly sent my prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy and misspelled my name.
How was your experience with Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England?
It took me one year to be able to do IVF. Dr. Vitiello was aware of this and when I finally was able to do it, she made a mistake on my medication. I ended up with zero day-5 embryos. There was never an apology or an offer to try again on them with the appropriate medication. When I told her about my previous experiences, she was not willing to listen because it wasn't "her data". I may not be a doctor, but I definitely know my experiences personally. Leading up to the cycle, I had numerous consults with her, which were all very positive. The actual cycle was incredibly disappointing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England?
Double check your treatment protocol.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England?
Describe the protocols Danielle Vitiello used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
estrogen priming, 450 IU gonal, cetrotide, I have DOR and was supposed to use microdose lupron, but it was forgotten. I had no day-5 embryos.
I had very little interaction with the nursing staff. My monitoring and labs were all done by outsourced parties who could not answer any of my questions. That is awful.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
The monitoring (u/s and labs) is outsourced and no one can answer any questions. There is no doctor communication until after the cycle. Any doctor will make decisions on your case regardless of whether they know your case. After I found out that the clinic messed up on my treatment protocol, I told the doctor who was on-call (they wouldn't let me talk to my doctor). The doctor then told me that I "should have little hope anyway." There was no apology for messing up! My doctor had never said that I should have little hope and was always very positive. It was devastating to hear. I would never go back to this clinic.
Outsourced techs who could not answer any questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England.
My insurance covered most of the treatment.
Describe Danielle Vitiello's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of New England.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
*The doctor made a mistake on my treatment protocol, which resulted in zero day-5 embryos. There was no apology or solution offered. Instead, I was treated very poorly. *The nurses and lab staff are outsourced and cannot answer any questions. *The doctor doesn't listen to patients. *The nurses/coordinators repeatedly sent my prescriptions to the wrong pharmacy and misspelled my name. *Terrible patient care/consideration.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Vitiello never did a single one of our procedures, and wasn’t even the one to call with the results for the frozen transfer. We haven’t heard from her in weeks and have decided to switch to another doctor within the clinic because the trust is completely gone...We saw her 3 times for consults… one I had to advocate for after a failed cycle. We had very little contact with her or information given unless explicitly asked for....
you get pushed through and they [Fertility Centers of New England] don’t pay a lot of attention to you as an individual. You have to really advocate for yourself to get the information you should be naturally given...[monitoring appointments are] 6:30-7:15 first come first serve… you have to get there earlier because people start lining up by 6:15...We had to request more information and test results several times. A little bit short and cold when you ask additional questions
We were initially very hopeful. Dr. Vitiello stated that she had full confidence in our success. We ended up completing 2 egg retrieval cycles. The first 8 eggs were retrieved, resulting in 2 viable embryos. One was transferred and one was frozen. The transfer failed. She then suggested we do another retrieval to get as many embryos as possible for future children. She changed our medications slightly. We ended up with 0 embryos. We then did a from embryo transfer with our last remaining embryo, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy. Dr. Vitiello never did a single one of our procedures, and wasn’t even the one to call with the results for the frozen transfer. We haven’t heard from her in weeks and have decided to switch to another doctor within the clinic because the trust is completely gone.
See someone else. She’s very unclear with her plan, and you have to really advocate for any face time with her. And then when you talk to her she doesn’t give you any clear information unless you ask for more explanation, she just assumes you know the entire process.
1st retrieval cycle- gonal 1x/day, cetrotide, menopur, progesterone in oil 2nd retrieval cycle- gonal 2x/day, cetrotide , progesterone in oil FET- estrace 2mg 2x/day orally and vaginally, 1mg progestrone in oil
Not a lot of communication overall. They were very Clear with the portal messages and medication instructions. We had to request more information and test results several times. A little bit short and cold when you ask additional questions
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
It’s a baby factory… you get pushed through and they don’t pay a lot of attention to you as an individual. You have to really advocate for yourself to get the information you should be naturally given
Insurance covered a lot of it, but the 2 additional tests she recommended was uncovered and cost $2500 a piece
Our insurance only allowed for single for the first 3 and then can switch to multiple
Reading

Dr V [Vitiello] informed my husband and I that we had "unexplained" infertility. She didn't think I had PCOS (previously diagnosed in 2011 by another doctor) and reported that my husband's sperm analysis was fine. ... found another clinic who used Dr V's test results we were informed we actually have male factor infertility and I was taken off metformin and birth control (which Dr V's office did not have any record of having put me on).
I was informed that I needed to be under a BMI of 38 in order for the anesthesiologist to be able to do his job. ... They [Fertility Centers of New England] had no record of birth control and wrote my refill of metformin for twice the amount of the original script. ... Their record keeping leaves something to be desired. There was no record of putting me on birth control and when I called for a refill of metformin the script was written for twice the amount prescribed the first time with no explanation or testing. They also deal solely with Quest Diagnostics whose billing department is atrocious and never billed me the same way twice and only correctly on the first attempt once. That is the main reason we are leaving.
Dr V informed my husband and I that we had "unexplained" infertility. She didn't think I had PCOS (previously diagnosed in 2011 by another doctor) and reported that my husband's sperm analysis was fine. I was informed that I needed to drop 15 pounds but not explained why. At later appointments with the nurses I was informed that I needed to be under a BMI of 38 in order for the anesthesiologist to be able to do his job. If I had been an inch taller this would not have been an issue. I was instructed to go on a Keto diet and I was unable to handle this due to previous bariatric surgery causing issues with high fat diets. When I researched and found another clinic who used Dr V's test results we were informed we actually have male factor infertility and I was taken off metformin and birth control (which Dr V's office did not have any record of having put me on).
Only go if you're already under a BMI of 38. There's no reasoning for this other than their anesthesiologist doesn't know how to handle obesity.
She was personable and could handle mine and my husband's joking personalities.
We only got through a testing round.
They were personable and competent.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I was 100% insurance coverage after I hit my deductible. I had $30 copays and had to shell out for a few blood tests. My main issue was with Quest Diagnostics and their billing practices.
None
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
I've explained in previous notes. They had no record of birth control and wrote my refill of metformin for twice the amount of the original script.
Bedford

We did antagonist IVF [with Dr. Hill] and needed rescue ICSI. It was not automatically done...I over stimulated so we had to do a freeze all cycle. 24 eggs, two embryos...Second round, same protocol but we started with 225 Gonal F and decreased to try to avoid overstimulation. I still overstimulated in final days...was on auto repeat each appointment...Strong presence, and confident. He talks fast. Our actual time with him has been very little. Our follow ups and consult have barely totaled 30 minutes over past year. He does assume you know everything he’s talking about or will research on your own. He did acknowledge I’ve been through a lot and he would be there if I needed to call him. The clinic rotates doctors so he was not the one to perform my retrivals or do my transfers.
Nurses are not warm [at Fertility Centers of New England]...It’s a rotating staff [of nurses] and they use a portal for all communication so it’s very short and to the point...sometimes having to wait over an hour or more for an ultrasound. Lab work usually took only a few minutes. Everything just seems very systematic, no one making small talk or really getting to know me even though I’ve been there frequently...Strengths are they respond in portal quickly. Weaknesses are it’s a baby factory and I don’t really like the staff with exception of one ultrasound tech.
How was your experience with Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England?
It’s a baby factory so just be aware of that and try to get over it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England?
Doctor was on auto repeat each appointment. Nurses are not warm.
Describe the protocols Joseph Hill used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
First round. We did antagonist IVF and needed rescue ICSI. It was not automatically done. 150 Gonal F, menopur and Cetrotide. I over stimulated so we had to do a freeze all cycle. 24 eggs, two embryos. First transfer, negative second we got a positive but it ended up being chemical pregnancy. Second round, same protocol but we started with 225 Gonal F and decreased to try to avoid overstimulation. I still overstimulated in final days so we did another freeze all. 6 eggs, one embryo. Will be transferring embryo in next coming weeks.
It’s a rotating staff and they use a portal for all communication so it’s very short and to the point.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Strengths are they respond in portal quickly. Weaknesses are it’s a baby factory and I don’t really like the staff with exception of one ultrasound tech. They all have an attitude like like is mundane or they are way too fake- for example one of the girls calling our name to come back for ultrasound was overly cheerful and Kept asking how we were today. They day I was there was a follow up to the chemical pregnancy. I said I was fine. She responded oh come on, just fine?! Then she wispered to the nurse “oh it’s one of those days today.”
Very early and with traffic, I’d have to leave house by 6am. Cattle call for sure yes, sometimes having to wait over an hour or more for an ultrasound. Lab work usually took only a few minutes. Everything just seems very systematic, no one making small talk or really getting to know me even though I’ve been there frequently.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England.
Dr actually commented that due to my great insurance we could bypass some of the red tape. So all I’ve had is copays ($60 per visit) and paying copays for meds ($550 each round)
Describe Joseph Hill's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of New England.
He only transfers one embryo to avoid multiples and we were happy with this approach.
Reading

On the first visit with Doctor Wright she was neutral, straight to the point but very informative. After that we never saw her again...is definitely an expert in her field and very informative during the first meeting. Unfortunately that is all I can say about her since we only saw her once to get all the information needed and the second time to sign papers...The nurses took the lead and another doctor was the one during the transfer.
At the end of the cycle [at Fertility Centers of New England], I felt like a number since my nurse that had done the calls and follow up never called me with instructions on how to stop the medication or to give me the negative result. After waiting hours for the call, I called to confirm that had been a negative cycle...I do have to say that I am currently doing a cycle and her communication has improved, Sheri’s prompt to get any information I request, always touch bases about my results and is very encouraging about everything
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England?
Doctor Write is definitely an expert in her field and very informative during the first meeting. Unfortunately that is all I can say about her since we only saw her once to get all the information needed and the second time to sign papers. After that we never saw or heard from her again. The nurses took the lead and another doctor was the one during the transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England?
If you like a warm, caring doctor, she may not be the right doctor for you but she is extremely knowledgeable in her field and will take her time to answer all of your questions
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England?
On the first visit with Doctor Wright she was neutral, straight to the point but very informative. After that we never saw her again. The nurses in the clinic were very nice and definitely don’t treat you like a number. The doctor during transfer was a doctor I was seeing for the first time (which I did not expect that or was informed Dr Wright wouldn’t be performing the transfer) and he was nice but again straight to the procedure. The nurses there were again lovely and very warming. At the end of the cycle, I felt like a number since my nurse that had done the calls and follow up never called me with instructions on how to stop the medication or to give me the negative result. After waiting hours for the call, I called to confirm that had been a negative cycle
Describe the protocols Kristen Wright used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
Since my cycle was a donor cycle she prepared my body with estrogen, increasing the dosage every week and introduced progesterone in oil one week before the embryo transfer. When my uterine pinning wasn’t thick enough, she delayed the cycle a week, hold off on progesterone and increased the estrogen intake. That week delay was enough to get my body where it needed to be for the embryo transfer. The pregnancy result negative
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of New England. (Assigned nurse: Christen Anderson)
On the first cycle, she took over in the middle of the cycle from another nurse that was leaving the clinic. When the result was negative on that cycle, she never called to follow up with results nor guided me on how to proceed about stoping the medication. I do have to say that I am currently doing a cycle and her communication has improved, Sheri’s prompt to get any information I request, always touch bases about my results and is very encouraging about everything
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I like the fact that they have clinics in many places making the weekly bloodwork a lot easier and accommodating. I didn’t like the fact that the doctor you so carefully selected, does not perform the embryo transfer. You simply get the doctor that is working that day, someone that you don’t trust or never seen before.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England.
About $20k plus medication
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
The only thing I would say that wasn’t efficient was the lack of information that your doctor would not be performing the embryo transfer and at a negative result, no one called me to let me know. I was told at blood work that someone would be calling mid morning with results but no one did. It wasn’t until early afternoon that I called to check and they confirm what I thought was going to be the results.
Kristen Wright
Boston

Doctor [Dr. Plante] said that with my age and insurance, it was best to transfer one. I agree, however we never made it that far out to transfer...I just didn't feel like information was explained to me thoroughly, especially with all the test results from diagnosis to treatment. I feel like meets were brief and then on to the next "number". I want it to be more personable, like she actually cares for my fertility sake... If I was to go another round, I would need more confidence from her and her team in explanation of process from start to end, with details and test results, as well as giving us the maximum resources out there that could help our situation.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Centers of New England] were friendly, and tried to help me when I ask. They were overall kind but some of the ultra sound techs were not as friendly...did not call me until 30 minutes before the transfer appointment to tell me that my cycle has been cancelled. It took us over an hour to get to the clinic. They could have called the day before or at least 2 hours prior to our early appt...they did not talk much in regards to my specific situation, or tell me what they are looking for (during ultrasound monitoring) and therefore again made me feel like a number.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
Beth Plante is a doctor who seems to know what she is talking about, however I do not feel she has enough experience with my kind of diagnosis in her center therefore I don't feel confident in her direction of leading upon the treatment. If I was to go another round, I would need more confidence from her and her team in explanation of process from start to end, with details and test results, as well as giving us the maximum resources out there that could help our situation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
Ask the doctor to be very thorough with you in detail about the process because if you do not advocate for yourself, then they will simply not share much details with you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
Describe the protocols Beth Plante used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
Antagonist Protocol, was suppose to be better with my diagnosis, however I responded poorly to this.
The nursing staff were friendly, and tried to help me when I ask. They were overall kind but some of the ultra sound techs were not as friendly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
The office staff was friendly, however they did not talk much in regards to my specific situation, or tell me what they are looking for (during ultrasound monitoring) and therefore again made me feel like a number.
The ultrasound techs were not as friendly and did not explain what they were looking for or what they are seeing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England.
out of pocket total was roughly $400.
Describe Beth Plante's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of New England.
Doctor said that with my age and insurance, it was best to transfer one. I agree, however we never made it that far out to transfer.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
FCNE did not call me until 30 minutes before the transfer appointment to tell me that my cycle has been cancelled. It took us over an hour to get to the clinic. They could have called the day before or at least 2 hours prior to our early appt.
Reading

Although we never got as far as a transfer, Dr. Hill indicated that he would transfer 2 embryos if that was our wish. He left it totally up to us...I reached out to Dr. Hill’s office within the year we first started (about 10-11 months after our first cycle) to complete our last “free” cycle. Dr Hill met with us personally and explained that we were technically over our time limit, and indicated that it *shouldn’t* be free. He was not very friendly about this fact
Strengths [at Fertility Centers of New England]: price tag (especially in comparison to other northern New England clinics). Patient portal (the nurses were very prompt in responding to any and all questions on the portal). Weaknesses: quality of care. Tweaking protocol when cycles failed. No communication with or from the lab. Patient has little or no say in treatment...we did a “buy two get one free” package. I reached out to Dr. Hill’s office within the year we first started (about 10-11 months after our first cycle) to complete our last “free” cycle.
How was your experience with Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England?
We had one phone consultation with Dr. Hill before our first IVF cycle. He did not do our egg retrieval nor did he check in during monitoring. He did not call when the cycle failed. We met with him (which we initiated) to plan our second cycle. We were all still hopeful at this point and he was fairly outgoing and conversational. He did not do any monitoring or the egg retrieval, and again, no contact during the cycle. He called to recommend donor eggs when he called to tell me the cycle failed. We met with him several months later, and was a little less friendly at this point, because as he explained, we were using a “free cycle” that he didn’t feel should be free (he stated we had waited too long for to use our 2 for 1 cycle). He did do that egg retreival, and left me a voicemail the next day that was about ten seconds long, that said “Hey Meredith, not good news unfortunately. As predicted, no eggs fertilized this cycle. I’m going to recommend you try donor eggs. Bye bye now.” And we have never talked since.
His clinic is affordable, which is why we went with him. We did not have a good experience (x3). I would gladly pay a little more for a better experience overall— even if the cycle ultimately failed. Our cycles all failed, which may or may not have been Dr. Hill’s fault (he never really tweaked the protocol, he just continued to recommend donor eggs). It was the overall experience that we remember and want others to know about.
1.) Although there were many friendly faces during monitoring, there were no initial instructions about what to expect during monitoring. There is no receptionist working during that time, so I didn’t know where to even sign in or what to expect. 2.) Dr Hill saw us in the parking lot on the way into our last egg retrieval and looked through us as if he didn’t know us, even after I smiled and gave a quiet “hello”. 3.) Dr Hill called me the day our embryo arrested and very bluntly said to turn to donor eggs. During our follow up meeting, he agreed to try one with my eggs more time with very little persuasion on my end. I felt as though he did not need to make that donor egg recommendation over the phone, one breath after telling me that our cycle failed. 4.)we did a “buy two get one free” package. I reached out to Dr. Hill’s office within the year we first started (about 10-11 months after our first cycle) to complete our last “free” cycle. Dr Hill met with us personally and explained that we were technically over our time limit, and indicated that it *shouldn’t* be free. He was not very friendly about this fact, and indicated that he was doing it as a favor for us, which I did not appreciate because we bought our first two cycles fair and square, and were completing our last cycle within the agreed upon timeframe.
We used antagonist (Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide) for two cycles and Long Lupron for one cycle.
The nurses were for the most part friendly. The one expection was when my husband and I questioned the timing of our trigger shot, the nurse told us to “trust the doctor and stay off Google.”
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Strengths: price tag (especially in comparison to other northern New England clinics). Patient portal (the nurses were very prompt in responding to any and all questions on the portal). Weaknesses: quality of care. Tweaking protocol when cycles failed. No communication with or from the lab. Patient has little or no say in treatment.
Overall monitoring worked like a well-oiled machine, once you know the process.
We did a two cycles for the price of one deal that included monitoring, egg retrieval and transfer. Medications were separate.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
Our clinic has multiple locations. You get orders during the monitoring portion of the cycle that indicates where you need to go for monitoring the next day. I was once given orders to go to the wrong clinic. Luckily I questioned it before I went. In my last cycle the doc put me on a thyroid medicine and just told me to stay on it “through the duration of my pregnancy”. I never got pregnant, nor did I make it as far as a transfer. They told me to stop my fertility meds after our cycle failed but never gave instructions regarding the thyroid medicine. When I called to ask about it, they said to check with my PCP... even though it was Dr. Hill who put me on it in the first place.
Portsmouth

One nurse [at Fertility Centers of New Englad] scheduled a procedure for that I didn't need yet failed to inform me of this prior to my taking time off of work and showing up for said procedure. Some were for short on the phone with me. Very few I feel actually cared. Michelle the ultrasound tech in Boston is WONDERFUL as is Carolyn the phlebotomist. The phlebotomists in Reading however, told me I had nothing to worry about when I started bleeding when I in fact had a miscarriage
How was your experience with Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England?
At the very beginning of the IVF cycle treatment, I was prescribed estrogen and blood tests showed due to my age, my body was slow to react to it. My dosage was doubled and I was told to come back in three days for monitoring. At that point, my estrogen levels were way too high and I was prescribed another drug to DECREASE it. They were still so high that a fresh embryo transfer wasn't even possible let alone getting valid embryos from the retrieval. We were not offered the option of PGS testing as I believe Dr. Weiss knew very well that none of them were going to work. And after being overmedicated, Dr. Weiss did not adjust his plan other than delaying the embryo transfer, he just proceeded with protocol. Without even asking or being told, Dr. Vitiello did my third transfer which ended in a miscarriage. The whole time Dr Weiss kept repeating "There is no reason why this shouldn't work" and "Everything looks perfect." I spoke with him and politely requested he be transparent with us and he became incredibly defensive. Have not heard from him since we miscarried. I never once was under the impression that Dr. Weiss really cared or hoped that we got pregnant. He was late to every appointment and communicated horribly with his "care team". Dr Weiss is just as horrible of a person as he is a physician.
Find another doctor.
Dr Weiss did not read my charts before speaking with me. He also scheduled a procedure for me only to tell me that I didn't need it when arrived to his office after taking time off of work. Never spent more than 5 minutes with me. Read from the same script every time we spoke.
Dr Weiss over prescribed estrogen, then prescribed a medication to counter my estrogen levels being too high yet scheduled the egg retrieval as though my levels were normal. Resulted in 4 horribly immature invalid embryos and never offered us the option of PGS testing. I believe Dr Weiss made no extra effort to care for me as he knew that the whole cycle was a wash so he treated me like I was wasting his time. Dr Weiss repeatedly would set a timeline/ schedule (i.e. "We can do a transfer in four weeks) only for mentioned procedure to happen WEEKS after that. Horrible bed side manners. Incompetent. Insensitive. Rude. Condescending.
I had to ask the ultrasound technician to please stop leaning on me during my ultrasound. One nurse scheduled a procedure for that I didn't need yet failed to inform me of this prior to my taking time off of work and showing up for said procedure. Some were for short on the phone with me. Very few I feel actually cared. Michelle the ultrasound tech in Boston is WONDERFUL as is Carolyn the phlebotomist. The phlebotomists in Reading however, told me I had nothing to worry about when I started bleeding when I in fact had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Clean facilities with lots of locations. I understand their job is hard but taking out frustration with patients is incredibly uncalled for. Highly insensitive staff. Dr Weiss does not communicate with his "care team" at all which left me mostly confused after every visit.
Sometimes, I was taken early so it didn't mess up my schedule too bad. Pretty convenient.
We are probably down between $5,000-$8,000 in copays and medications not covered and still have no baby. The post miscarriage therapy isn't cheap either. Honestly, there is no price tag not being able to trust your doctor.
He insisted on 1 embryo for the first two transfers and then did two for the last which resulted in a miscarriage.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
Every step of this process was mishandled. None of my conversations with Dr Weiss lasted more than 5 minutes and he would just read from the same script and tell me the same thing EVERY single time. I never felt as though my time was being respected and I often left with more questions than answers. Dr Weiss and his care team are HORRIBLE at taking accountability for their lack of good decision making.
Boston

My whole cycle I was left in the dark and when I asked questions I was made to feel stupid or annoying...I was not happy with how I was treated as just another patient and not a person. It was my first IVF cycle. I was nervous. I needed more support....Beth plante did not do any of my procedures other than a polyp removal. I got my medical records to send to a new clinic and found out the embryo they transferred was ABNORMAL and they never told me!!
I was not happy with how I was treated [at Fertility Center of New England] as just another patient and not a person. It was my first IVF cycle. I was nervous. I needed more support...[clinic was] Not personable at all. Make you feel like an inconvenience. Do not communicate....Had to get there super early to avoid waiting...$8,900 cycle plus medication...My whole cycle I was left in the dark and when I asked questions I was made to feel stupid or annoying. No one was ever genuinely interested in my progress.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
Each time I was monitored I was never told how many follicles I had. They only retrieved 8 eggs, 2 mature and only 1 fertilized. We transferred this 1 embryo day 5. I kept asking for the grading of my embryo but no one would tell me. The day of transfer I was told "it's was fair" but I wasn't given the choice not to transfer and to stim again for better results. I got a BFP Christmas Eve. Had first ultrasound two weeks later. Saw a heartbeat. Was elated. They pushed me out the door to my OB and never monitored me again or even called to check in. When my OB finally got me in at 10 weeks we did paperwork. 3 days later I miscarried. Baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks (when I saw Beth plante). Not once has FCNE called me about my miscarriage. And now because I was discharged as a positive beta and pregnant my IVF assist is null and void. I am OOP for everything but all they cared about was money. Beth plante did not do any of my procedures other than a polyp removal. I got my medical records to send to a new clinic and found out the embryo they transferred was ABNORMAL and they never told me!!
Ask a lot of questions and push for answers. Be your own advocate. Demand to know how everything is going every step of the way.
My whole cycle I was left in the dark and when I asked questions I was made to feel stupid or annoying. No one was ever genuinely interested in my progress. They were just interested in getting paid.
Antagonist cycle. 187.5 units gonal-f cycle day 2-6, upped to 225 day 7-10. Menopur 75 IU day 5-9. Cetrotide .25mg day 7-9. PIO day 13 until 10w
Robots.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Not personable at all. Make you feel like an inconvenience. Do not communicate.
Had to get there super early to avoid waiting
$8,900 cycle plus medication
Boston

[Dr. Danielle Vitiello is] Very knowledgeable, but poor patient communication. Every time I met with her I left feeling like my concerns were discounted. For instance in my very first consult we discussed autoimmune issues and recurrent miscarriages. However after several months and no testing for autoimmune disorders when I asked about it again she did a complete 180° Telling me there was no factual evidence supporting that theory. It made me feel like initially she had just told me whatever I wanted to hear to get me through the door.
For the most part, the nurses [at Fertility Center of NE] are wonderful. Compassionate, patient and knowledgeable. I never felt like I was bothering them which was a huge concern of mine. I felt more compassion from them than I did from my doctor.... My husbands lab results somehow vanished. They blamed it on a third party company they had used to process it. Additionally they do not call with lad results, you'll need to call them. When I did call for my husbands siemens analysis they only told me part of his results, leaving me to assume if they didn't mention the rest it was normal. Then three weeks later at a follow up appointment I found out that was incorrect and no one had thought to mention it sooner.
Be your own advocate. She is very smart, but if you are a patient of hers you will need to advocate for yourself and your concerns as well as do your own research and ask questions to understand her theories and thought process.
She has a more sterile approach and bedside manner. Poor patient education. Feels like she's just trying to say whatever she can to get you out the door.
She ordered the typical RPL panel, did a sono hsg, ultrasounds and an endometrial biopsy. The only thing that was treated was my subclinical hypothyroidism.
For the most part, the nurses are wonderful. Compassionate, patient and knowledgeable. I never felt like I was bothering them which was a huge concern of mine. I felt more compassion from them than I did from my doctor.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Flexible early hours for blood work and ultrasounds which is super convenient if you work full time. Be prepared to drive to the reading MA location for any procedures.
Appointment and ultrasounds seemed very expensive while bloodworm was inexpensive. I found their IVF prices to be very inexpensive as well

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Vitiello can be very blunt which can be seen as a strength or a weakness depending on personal preference. First, time we met her...she told us she would not do IVF with my own eggs because it would be like stealing our money. That made us go to another clinic immediately.... We did one IVF with own eggs which was cancelled before transfer because the 3 embryos created did not make it to day 5. The next treatment was Donor Eggs.
FCNE has no strengths to speak of through our 4 years of services with them.... The clinic refused to individualize our care. They charge by package deals regardless of if the tests have been completed before or not. At one point we spoke to someone named, Barry in the financial department who stated "we are not some type of Medicaid clinic, we are for profit business."...The Reading facility was less than up to par as well with filthy bathrooms, extremely dirty rugs and chairs
Dr. Vitiello can be very blunt which can be seen as a strength or a weakness depending on personal preference. First, time we met her...she told us she would not do IVF with my own eggs because it would be like stealing our money. That made us go to another clinic immediately. However, we then had got new insurance that had some fertility coverage which made us have to switch back to FCNE.
Do not expect compassion or individualized care. Educate yourself immensely so that you can be informed before making any final decisions.
Treated like a number. None of our services were individualized and we felt like they only cared about there success stats and not our personal well being or care.
We did one IVF with own eggs which was cancelled before transfer because the 3 embryos created did not make it to day 5. The next treatment was Donor Eggs. We were highly encouraged to do a fresh cycle which we trusted the doctors professional opinion seeing how donor eggs was whole new world to us. After paying a lot more for a fresh cycle we were then convinced to do additional testing on the embryos created which then had to be frozen. WE had 4 great embryos in the end and decided to transfer 2 the first time. Later discovering that the transfer day was wrong after ERA testing. So our first two embryos were literally thrown away. The next two cycles our transfer day was adjusted due to the ERA results.
I asked a lot of questions and felt I annoyed the nurse by doing so. I felt that I was my own nurse which was rather concerning seeing how I was supposed to be the patient. The communication was unsatisfactory as well as the turn around time for answers or calls back.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
FCNE has no strengths to speak of through our 4 years of services with them. I sadly just assumed that was the fertility world care until we lost insurance and decided to move on from FCNE. From our first visit with our new clinic we quickly discovered how terrible their services actually were and that terrible services do not need to go hand in hand with fertility treatments or care.
It depended on the day. Sometimes monitoring went smoothly, other times it was over an hour waiting, or in proper orders in the system or no orders at all. Speaking of monitoring for all four years of services there was a lovely giant bug in the light fixture above the ultrasound table at the Bedford, NH location...I have numerous pictures of this disturbing focal point. The Reading facility was less than up to par as well with filthy bathrooms, extremely dirty rugs and chairs in the waiting room as well as curtains that were disgustingly stained in the retrieval and transfer section of the clinic.
The cost was somewhat typical, however almost all there costs are considered package deals and they will not individualize and will charge you for tests that have already been completed because it is part of the package deal. As Barry in finance rudely stated, "we are not some type of Medicaid clinic, we are for profit business."
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
The clinic refused to individualize our care. They charge by package deals regardless of if the tests have been completed before or not. At one point we spoke to someone named, Barry in the financial department who stated "we are not some type of Medicaid clinic, we are for profit business." We had a breach of privacy with the clinic and our anonymous donor was informed of our financial status. FCNE clinic is extremely unprofessional and clearly as Barry stated only looking to make a profit regardless of who is affected along the way.

2015, Unsuccessful
I trust her, I think she's smart and accomplished...she thought I knew how grave our situation was and we didn't. It would have behooved her to have asked what was our understanding and then take it from here with her expertise.
Extremely well organized; super staff. Results/orders were posted really quickly every day.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
She's very nice, but as I cited before, quiet and reserved. When I asked a question she answered it but at no time did I feel like she was anticipating my concerns, my angst. We had a lot of preliminary work done with my GYN before we saw Dr. Plante and she just took that as us knowing full well what all of our issues were. We did not, and there was missteps at our first appointment, where she thought I knew how grave our situation was and we didn't. It would have behooved her to have asked what was our understanding and then take it from here with her expertise.
This is hard to say since every case is so different. I trust her, I think she's smart and accomplished. I have said if you want a reassuring compassionate, get to know you reproductive oncologist, she's not the one. She is gentle though.
Her care team was phenomenal. Dr. Plante s a little removed in the sense that she is quiet and is not overly forthcoming with getting to know her patients. I felt like I offered more get to know, then she did. Not a totally bad thing, I was her brain and expertise, not a best friend. She's reserved.
Mine was the maximum protocol, we did it twice. Lupron and Gonal-F. 10 units of Microflare Lupron 50µg/0.1mL x daily and 225 IU of Gonal-F Pen also twice daily. Each time it took me about 16 days to get to my trigger shot.
They were all always available, for any/all minute question. They answered in detail and never ever felt like I was being bothersome.

2014 - 2015, Successful
She [Dr. Carla DiGirolamo] was informative, knowledgeable and easy to understand. In the end I have my sweet son. However she misdiagnosed an infection as a cyst. The result of which lead to a long period of extreme pain while I saw doctor after doctor trying to find the cause before finally resulting in the loss of my left ovary and Fallopian tube. Not to mention the months and months wasted while she waited to see if the "cyst" would go away on it's own. Strongly feel as though I went to them to get pregnant. They triggered an infection during one of their infertility diagnostic tests, then let that infection get to the point that I lost half my reproductive organs. Not a good feeling!
I had no issues with the monitoring appointments [at Fertility Centers of NE]. They start very early in the morning so that helps with getting in and out and then to work on time. However it makes it hard if you're trying for a second child and live a distance away to make it all work.... Be careful not to get lost in their system. You must stay on top of them and make sure you're getting what they recommend. Plan to call multiple times to follow up. Expect them to schedule appointments just to make further appointments with what seems like something they could have told you on a 2 minute phone conversation.
How was your experience with Carla DiGirolamo at Fertility Centers of New England?
She was informative, knowledgeable and easy to understand. In the end I have my sweet son. However she misdiagnosed an infection as a cyst. The result of which lead to a long period of extreme pain while I saw doctor after doctor trying to find the cause before finally resulting in the loss of my left ovary and Fallopian tube. Not to mention the months and months wasted while she waited to see if the "cyst" would go away on it's own. Strongly feel as though I went to them to get pregnant. They triggered an infection during one of their infertility diagnostic tests, then let that infection get to the point that I lost half my reproductive organs. Not a good feeling!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carla DiGirolamo at Fertility Centers of New England?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carla DiGirolamo at Fertility Centers of New England?
I felt "lost in the system" and like my issues had "slipped through the cracks" on more than one occasion. Major mistakes were made.
Describe the protocols Carla DiGirolamo used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
Can't remember the specifics. It was shots in the tummy, shots in the rear, estrogen patches, progesterone ... On my frozen embryo transfer, the first attempt was postponed because of early ovulation, started 20 units lupron & 1 baby asprin every night for 10 days. Day 9 was told estrogen level was low, added pill insertion to meds. Then it was 2 estridoil pills morning, noon & night and then 1ML shot of Progesterone at night starting on embryo transfer day and continuing through the first 10 weeks of pregnancy.
The nursing staff were all nice. No issues.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I got lost in their system. Their seemed to be a breakdown between their billing dept and insurance company and the doctor. Resulting in me waiting UNNECESSARILY for I think it was about 6-8 months for my birthday to begin treatment, per Emily in their billing dept. only for the Doctor to tell me that was a mistake on the billing persons part and we could have started sooner.
I had no issues with the monitoring appointments. They start very early in the morning so that helps with getting in and out and then to work on time. However it makes it hard if you're trying for a second child and live a distance away to make it all work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carla DiGirolamo at Fertility Centers of New England.
Very reasonable as my health insurance covered the treatment aside from co-pays.
Describe Carla DiGirolamo's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of New England.
I think she leans towards transferring one, though it probably depends on the patient and situation. She was informative about the risks associated with multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
I already covered most of the major issues in previous comments. I don't care to re-write everything
Carla DiGirolamo
Westborough

2015, Successful
She [Dr Vitiello] does not have a warm bedside manner. She is straight forward and sometimes blunt. She said that her staff would be accommodating but most times they were not....Don't expect a warm, fluffy personality. But I did get positive results.
The fast food of infertility offices. They [Fertility Centers of New England] move a lot of patients in and out. Be prepared to drive to Mass for early morning lab work and procedures....Very inconvenient. It felt like a cattle call. Often sitting and waiting. Very early in the morning and no leniency. Sunday monitoring was an hours drive and the wait was often 30-60 minutes
She does not have a warm bedside manner. She is straight forward and sometimes blunt. She said that her staff would be accommodating but most times they were not.
Don't expect a warm, fluffy personality. But I did get positive results.
They only do lab work and ultrasound for 30 minutes a day. Often I had to wait with a room full of other women. It felt like a cattle call. Egg retrievals were similar. They book one right after another. I was told I could wait for long after the embryo transfer than the 5 minutes they allot, but when I asked for longer, I was told I could only have 10 minutes because of the next appointment.
Took a long time to return calls. I left a message about medication once and was told they would call back after emailing the doctor. Never heard anything again.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
The fast food of infertility offices. They move a lot of patients in and out. Be prepared to drive to Mass for early morning lab work and procedures.
I was lucky enough to have insurance cover both cycles of IVF. They paid about $11k per cycle with meds and monitoring.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
They did not send over my medical records to my ob/gyn's office on first request. I had to make a second call.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Plante] Nice bedside manner, active listener. Discusses things thoroughly when in face to face meetings. Communications outside of office visits were lacking and too many times were there questions that fell on the nursing staff to act as mediators...I had a MD change the protocol mid cycle without explanation to me or consideration of my previous response to previous FET cycle and it set me back
[Fertility Centers of New England] nurse staff all but one were extremely compassionate start to finish. Insurance coordinators, schedulers all lovely to work with. MD's for the most part were understanding of each situation...poor at outlining expectations from the beginning as to the entire process. You are required to go to multiple offices at times. You will see multiple doctors and not know who will do FET or D& C until day of.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
Be your own advocate and ask lots of questions.
estrace patches , vaginal and oral estrogen. then when ready progesterone in oil shots, FET day 6. Uterus lining FET #1 6.5 mm, not pregnant Uterus lining FET # 7.9 mm, pregnant , then miscarried week 6
compassionate, helpful, competent
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I am 40, went through menopause at 31 and one embryo was discussed due to multiple risk factors. Also, that I had 6 total viable embryos that has PGS

2010 - 2011, Unsuccessful
I felt she [Dr Danielle Vitiello] should have explained me the importance of taking blood sugar medications, healthy weight, nutrition, vitamins etc in more detail. I went to her at my prime age but felt that she wasted lot of my time without telling me everything clearly and guiding me in a holistic way...Her treatment protocols were good as theyou yielded more eggs - LupRon I think was best protocol but her way of handling the whole treatment was not right
I felt she should have explained me the importance of taking blood sugar medications, healthy weight, nutrition, vitamins etc in more detail. I went to her at my prime age but felt that she wasted lot of my time without telling me everything clearly and guiding me in a holistic way.
Know what you want and don't even people that she will tell you everything you need.be your advocate
She was caring
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I felt they are not compassionate and didnot take my case seriously.
Not sure as insurance paid
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
Not at all impressed with their overall care
2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
He is an excellent scientist but lacking in compassion.
Appointments were usually rushed, and explanations brief. Stats were cherry-picked and misleading. He actually told me once I "screwed up" a cycle.
How was your experience with Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England?
He is an excellent scientist but lacking in compassion.
Go in with a thick skin and question him on the source of his stats. Don't let him rush you.
They were almost always caring, attentive and friendly.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
Insurance authorisation was mistskenly not submitted by the clinic, meaning that my cycle was cancelled.

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Weiss was never prepared for appointments, never really explained anything, and was always late...There were too many red flags and I wish I paid attention to them sooner. It seems like he only has one protocol and does not make many tweaks...I wasted a year of my life, do your research before you get assigned a random doctor....
The monitoring staff and nurses are wonderful at Fertility Centers of New England. They always provided guidance and clarification when needed and were always available...Just make sure you do your research if you are randomly assigned a doctor... [staff] forgot to order one of my medications...they blamed the pharmacy, but when I called the pharmacy, they blamed FCNE. I assume someone forgot to list it on the orders. As a result, I missed two doses.
How was your experience with Robert Weiss at Fertility Centers of New England?
During my first cycle, someone at FCNE forgot to submit an order for Gonal-F, but I received all other medications. When I called FCNE, they blamed the pharmacy, but when I called the pharmacy, they blamed FCNE. I assume someone forgot to list it on the orders. As a result, I missed two doses. I am on a statin for high cholesterol, not once was I told to stop taking it, even though I went over my regular medications with Dr. Weiss several times. I just transferred to a new fertility clinic where they told me to stop taking the statin immediately. Women on statins rarely get pregnant. Dr. Weiss is never prepared for appointments and seems to only use one protocol, don’t waste your time.
Monitoring staff and nurses were great.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
The monitoring staff and nurses are wonderful at Fertility Centers of New England. They always provided guidance and clarification when needed and were always available. I do regret wasting a year with Dr Weiss. I truly believe he is on the verge of retirement and he is trying to coast along until then. There were too many red flags and I wish I paid attention to them sooner. It seems like he only has one protocol and does not make many tweaks. I also have experience with two other doctors at Fertility Centers of New England. They performed my egg retrieval and transfer. They were wonderful and attentive. Just make sure you do your research if you are randomly assigned a doctor.
The ladies at monitoring were the best, they made the experience tolerable.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
The forgot to order one of my medications, but blamed the pharmacy.