Selling medication is not offered

Westborough
33 Lyman Street
Westborough, MA 01581
1-877-26-3483

We were pleased that dr Hill was willing to transfer two day 5 embryos. Which resulted in Singleton birth...genuinely cares and wants success for his patients. He’s thorough and has amazing bedside manner... is Extremely knowledgeable , compassionate and thorough. Will take his time to explain it until you understand and will explain it many times again without hesitation or annoyance. His experience is vast and his attention to individual patient detail exceptional. You are not a number. He treats you as if you were his own family.
8400 for IVF wifh icsi [at Fertility Centers of New England]...Clinic is very organized , the online patient portal is easy to use and quick means of communication. You have response within a couple hours typically. As they are so familiar with the protocol consultation and treatments have minimal wait time compared to other clinics. The only thing I missed is having a after hours number to call If you experience problems post retrieval and transfer
How was your experience with Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England?
Dr Hill is Extremely knowledgeable , compassionate and thorough. Will take his time to explain it until you understand and will explain it many times again without hesitation or annoyance. His experience is vast and his attention to individual patient detail exceptional. You are not a number. He treats you as if you were his own family.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England?
Trust him. He knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England?
Dr Hill genuinely cares and wants success for his patients. He’s thorough and has amazing bedside manner
Describe the protocols Joseph Hill used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
Agnostic protocol, TESA , IVF wifh icsi
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Centers of New England.
Nursing staff was distant and distracted. I’m unsure if it was due to workload or if they just didn’t care as much about patient relationships as the doctors do.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Centers of New England.
It was drop in basis. First come first served. Blood work wait was minimal at times there was a wait for ultrasound. Overall well designed though
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England.
8400 for IVF wifh icsi
Describe Joseph Hill's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of New England.
Westborough

He [Dr. Joseph Hill] recommended one embryo to be transferred and his reasons supported that decision...really cared about me. When he would talk to me he would say, "If you were my daughter" that meant a lot to me so it made me really listen to his advice...We worked with Dr. Hill for our donor egg cycle. I live out of state so I have never met him in person. I sometimes felt a little rushed on the phone and wish he would of spent more time with me. I would hang up and realize I didn't get a chance to ask all of my questions.
The cycle did not go so well [at Fertility Centers of New England] and I was told that we should cancel the cycle but we kept going. We ended up with PGS tested embryos so I am glad we didn't stop...The nursing staff was amazing. Very supportive and helpful and quick to respond to calls or questions...We went to the clinic once and it looked beat up. It needs a facelift for sure. The waiting room so small and there weren't enough chairs for my husband so he has to wait in the lobby. The wait time was great and the staff was friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England?
Go prepared with questions and don't let him rush you. This is your time.
I believe Dr. Hill really cared about me. When he would talk to me he would say, "If you were my daughter" that meant a lot to me so it made me really listen to his advice.
I do not remember that protocol we used for our donor. The cycle did not go so well and I was told that we should cancel the cycle but we kept going. We ended up with PGS tested embryos so I am glad we didn't stop.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
His cost were reasonable compared to our first clinic. I still hope that one day insurance will help cover some costs. We were 100% out of pocket.
He recommended one embryo to be transferred and his reasons supported that decision.
2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Plante] Nice bedside manner, active listener. Discusses things thoroughly when in face to face meetings. Communications outside of office visits were lacking and too many times were there questions that fell on the nursing staff to act as mediators...I had a MD change the protocol mid cycle without explanation to me or consideration of my previous response to previous FET cycle and it set me back
[Fertility Centers of New England] nurse staff all but one were extremely compassionate start to finish. Insurance coordinators, schedulers all lovely to work with. MD's for the most part were understanding of each situation...poor at outlining expectations from the beginning as to the entire process. You are required to go to multiple offices at times. You will see multiple doctors and not know who will do FET or D& C until day of.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
Be your own advocate and ask lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
Describe the protocols Beth Plante used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
estrace patches , vaginal and oral estrogen. then when ready progesterone in oil shots, FET day 6. Uterus lining FET #1 6.5 mm, not pregnant Uterus lining FET # 7.9 mm, pregnant , then miscarried week 6
compassionate, helpful, competent
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Describe Beth Plante's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of New England.
I am 40, went through menopause at 31 and one embryo was discussed due to multiple risk factors. Also, that I had 6 total viable embryos that has PGS
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England.
Boston
Dr. Vitiello is very intelligent, came up with a great plan that worked for us, presented us with options that other doctors weren’t sure were possible, but they totally were! She was confident in what she was doing, yet gave us the facts straight so that we felt optimistic, but knew there were no guarantees. She is blunt and to the point, but gave us all the information that we needed to know. We will definitely be going back to her in the future.
The patient portal [for Fertility Centers of New England] had a glitch at one point, and our scheduled appointment got rescheduled to a different day that we were not aware of. When we came on the day that we had originally scheduled, they apologized and squeezed us in anyway so that we did not have to come back another day...Monitoring is very early in the morning and is a first come, first serve basis. It can get long on a busy day, but the clinic got people in and out as quickly as possible, while still giving everyone thorough attention.
How was your experience with Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England?
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Fertility centers of New England is a great clinic to work with. Everyone was very compassionate and they treated us like they truly cared about us. Our questions were always answered, and doctors and nurses were always available to answer all of our questions thoroughly.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
The patient portal had a glitch at one point, and our scheduled appointment got rescheduled to a different day that we were not aware of. When we came on the day that we had originally scheduled, they apologized and squeezed us in anyway so that we did not have to come back another day.
Bedford

My whole cycle I was left in the dark and when I asked questions I was made to feel stupid or annoying...I was not happy with how I was treated as just another patient and not a person. It was my first IVF cycle. I was nervous. I needed more support....Beth plante did not do any of my procedures other than a polyp removal. I got my medical records to send to a new clinic and found out the embryo they transferred was ABNORMAL and they never told me!!
I was not happy with how I was treated [at Fertility Center of New England] as just another patient and not a person. It was my first IVF cycle. I was nervous. I needed more support...[clinic was] Not personable at all. Make you feel like an inconvenience. Do not communicate....Had to get there super early to avoid waiting...$8,900 cycle plus medication...My whole cycle I was left in the dark and when I asked questions I was made to feel stupid or annoying. No one was ever genuinely interested in my progress.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
Each time I was monitored I was never told how many follicles I had. They only retrieved 8 eggs, 2 mature and only 1 fertilized. We transferred this 1 embryo day 5. I kept asking for the grading of my embryo but no one would tell me. The day of transfer I was told "it's was fair" but I wasn't given the choice not to transfer and to stim again for better results. I got a BFP Christmas Eve. Had first ultrasound two weeks later. Saw a heartbeat. Was elated. They pushed me out the door to my OB and never monitored me again or even called to check in. When my OB finally got me in at 10 weeks we did paperwork. 3 days later I miscarried. Baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks (when I saw Beth plante). Not once has FCNE called me about my miscarriage. And now because I was discharged as a positive beta and pregnant my IVF assist is null and void. I am OOP for everything but all they cared about was money. Beth plante did not do any of my procedures other than a polyp removal. I got my medical records to send to a new clinic and found out the embryo they transferred was ABNORMAL and they never told me!!
Ask a lot of questions and push for answers. Be your own advocate. Demand to know how everything is going every step of the way.
My whole cycle I was left in the dark and when I asked questions I was made to feel stupid or annoying. No one was ever genuinely interested in my progress. They were just interested in getting paid.
Antagonist cycle. 187.5 units gonal-f cycle day 2-6, upped to 225 day 7-10. Menopur 75 IU day 5-9. Cetrotide .25mg day 7-9. PIO day 13 until 10w
Robots.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Not personable at all. Make you feel like an inconvenience. Do not communicate.
Had to get there super early to avoid waiting
Describe the costs associated with your care under Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England.
$8,900 cycle plus medication
Boston

[Dr. Danielle Vitiello is] Very knowledgeable, but poor patient communication. Every time I met with her I left feeling like my concerns were discounted. For instance in my very first consult we discussed autoimmune issues and recurrent miscarriages. However after several months and no testing for autoimmune disorders when I asked about it again she did a complete 180° Telling me there was no factual evidence supporting that theory. It made me feel like initially she had just told me whatever I wanted to hear to get me through the door.
For the most part, the nurses [at Fertility Center of NE] are wonderful. Compassionate, patient and knowledgeable. I never felt like I was bothering them which was a huge concern of mine. I felt more compassion from them than I did from my doctor.... My husbands lab results somehow vanished. They blamed it on a third party company they had used to process it. Additionally they do not call with lad results, you'll need to call them. When I did call for my husbands siemens analysis they only told me part of his results, leaving me to assume if they didn't mention the rest it was normal. Then three weeks later at a follow up appointment I found out that was incorrect and no one had thought to mention it sooner.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England?
Be your own advocate. She is very smart, but if you are a patient of hers you will need to advocate for yourself and your concerns as well as do your own research and ask questions to understand her theories and thought process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England?
She has a more sterile approach and bedside manner. Poor patient education. Feels like she's just trying to say whatever she can to get you out the door.
Describe the protocols Danielle Vitiello used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
She ordered the typical RPL panel, did a sono hsg, ultrasounds and an endometrial biopsy. The only thing that was treated was my subclinical hypothyroidism.
For the most part, the nurses are wonderful. Compassionate, patient and knowledgeable. I never felt like I was bothering them which was a huge concern of mine. I felt more compassion from them than I did from my doctor.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Flexible early hours for blood work and ultrasounds which is super convenient if you work full time. Be prepared to drive to the reading MA location for any procedures.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Danielle Vitiello at Fertility Centers of New England.
Appointment and ultrasounds seemed very expensive while bloodworm was inexpensive. I found their IVF prices to be very inexpensive as well

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
All of the nurses [at Fertility Centers of NE] were caring and knowledgeable. They responded to my questions via telephone quickly. It would have been helpful to have been assigned one nurse, but I felt comfortable speaking with and working with everyone I came in contact with.... The clinic appeared clean and well organized. They use a patient portal, which is very helpful. Directions and communication appear online and if you have a question you can call and speak to a nurse. The monitoring was first come, first served which made things a little stressful. I always felt like I had to arrive when the doors opened or else I could be waiting a very long time for an ultrasound.
When meeting with Dr. Vitiello, she broke down procedures and explained them with visuals and comparisons. She was very in her explanations; however, sometimes she spoke too quickly and covered a lot of information at once which was overwhelming. When performing procedures, she made me feel comfortable and relaxed. She was caring yet straightforward.
One piece of advice would be to arrive with a list of questions so you know what you want to cover when meeting with Dr. Vitiello. It is typical to only speak to the nurses once in a cycle.
I felt treated like a human under Dr. Vitiello's care. She met with me and spoke honestly about upcoming treatment protocols. When we were undergoing any procedure - small or large - whether with a doctor or nurse, I was treated with respect and care.
I attempted three IVF cycles with Dr. Vitiello using my own eggs and my husbands sperm. We did two antagonist cycles and a microflare cycle, all with negative pregnancy results. The first cycle was very poor with one egg being retrieved and no opportunity for transfer. The subsequent two cycles were a little better. We transferred one embryo each time and neither implanted. We also used ICSI each time. After each cycle, Dr. Vitiello changed the protocol slightly in hopes of achieving success. She then recommended the use of donor eggs at which point I accepted but sought out a second opinion.
All of the nurses were caring and knowledgeable. They responded to my questions via telephone quickly. It would have been helpful to have been assigned one nurse, but I felt comfortable speaking with and working with everyone I came in contact with.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I was fortunate to have the majority of my care covered by insurance. We paid several hundred dollars for medication.
Reading

I would definitely see Dr Plante again and highly recommend her to friends and family...is very caring and compassionate. She has great bedside manners and made all the right recommendations for us during our treatments. After our first failed IVF (no transfer made due to lack of viable embryos) she called us to extend her sympathy and immediately discuss our next steps. The only negative (if that) is that I would say that Dr Plante and FCNE in general tend to make assumptions about what you know regarding the IVF process; and sometimes tend to simplify the process/injections/retrieval/transfer.
The entire monitoring process was never really explained in detail/they just hand you a packet regarding the process [at Fertility Centers of New England]. You have to put all the pieces together. That being said, I did think that the entire process of monitoring levels and eggs is done well and efficiently once I understood the process. Most days, I would be in/out in 45 minutes and I was thankful for it. One of the clinics weaknesses is discussing risks of IVF on your pregnancy. We did ask about risks during treatment and post part in but we never discussed any pregnancy complications due to IVF.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
Dr Plante is very caring and compassionate. She has great bedside manners and made all the right recommendations for us during our treatments. After our first failed IVF (no transfer made due to lack of viable embryos) she called us to extend her sympathy and immediately discuss our next steps. The only negative (if that) is that I would say that Dr Plante and FCNE in general tend to make assumptions about what you know regarding the IVF process; and sometimes tend to simplify the process/injections/retrieval/transfer. I would definitely see Dr Plante again and highly recommend her to friends and family.
Ask as many questions regarding the process, risks of treatments AFTER conception. I ended up having a very difficult pregnancy that my primary ob-gyn said was most likely attributed to conceiving via IVF
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of New England. (Assigned nurse: Caitlin )
Dr Plante’s care team/nurse, Caitlin, was wonderful! She’s so kind and compassionate; we loved working with her. All of the other nurses were nice as well, however, sometimes we did feel that they needed a reminder that we had no clue what was going on sometimes/that this was a new experience for us. Everyone, the phlebotomists, ultrasound techs, nurses who send instructions through portal, nurses who return calls, all make assumptions about how much you know/understand the process. They need to slow down and be patient with communicating about what is actually happening and why!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Ask questions and do not be afraid to ask them again until you understand what is happening and why/how it is a part of the process. The entire monitoring process was never really explained in detail/they just hand you a packet regarding the process. You have to put all the pieces together. That being said, I did think that the entire process of monitoring levels and eggs is done well and efficiently once I understood the process. Most days, I would be in/out in 45 minutes and I was thankful for it. One of the clinics weaknesses is discussing risks of IVF on your pregnancy. We did ask about risks during treatment and post part in but we never discussed any pregnancy complications due to IVF.
Fortunately most of our treatments were covered by insurance with co-pays to see the doctor and we were responsible for all prescription costs while in cycle (probably $1,500 total for IUIs and 2 IVF) We also pay $500 annual fee for continuing to freeze our embryos.
We talked this through with Dr Plante and expressed our concern about having multiples. Given that we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility, she recommended that we try a single transfer for our first two rounds. She did say she would be comfortable with two embryos if that is what we wanted but we all agreed on a single transfer for our two rounds

2014 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr. Vitiello can be very blunt which can be seen as a strength or a weakness depending on personal preference. First, time we met her...she told us she would not do IVF with my own eggs because it would be like stealing our money. That made us go to another clinic immediately.... We did one IVF with own eggs which was cancelled before transfer because the 3 embryos created did not make it to day 5. The next treatment was Donor Eggs.
FCNE has no strengths to speak of through our 4 years of services with them.... The clinic refused to individualize our care. They charge by package deals regardless of if the tests have been completed before or not. At one point we spoke to someone named, Barry in the financial department who stated "we are not some type of Medicaid clinic, we are for profit business."...The Reading facility was less than up to par as well with filthy bathrooms, extremely dirty rugs and chairs
Dr. Vitiello can be very blunt which can be seen as a strength or a weakness depending on personal preference. First, time we met her...she told us she would not do IVF with my own eggs because it would be like stealing our money. That made us go to another clinic immediately. However, we then had got new insurance that had some fertility coverage which made us have to switch back to FCNE.
Do not expect compassion or individualized care. Educate yourself immensely so that you can be informed before making any final decisions.
Treated like a number. None of our services were individualized and we felt like they only cared about there success stats and not our personal well being or care.
We did one IVF with own eggs which was cancelled before transfer because the 3 embryos created did not make it to day 5. The next treatment was Donor Eggs. We were highly encouraged to do a fresh cycle which we trusted the doctors professional opinion seeing how donor eggs was whole new world to us. After paying a lot more for a fresh cycle we were then convinced to do additional testing on the embryos created which then had to be frozen. WE had 4 great embryos in the end and decided to transfer 2 the first time. Later discovering that the transfer day was wrong after ERA testing. So our first two embryos were literally thrown away. The next two cycles our transfer day was adjusted due to the ERA results.
I asked a lot of questions and felt I annoyed the nurse by doing so. I felt that I was my own nurse which was rather concerning seeing how I was supposed to be the patient. The communication was unsatisfactory as well as the turn around time for answers or calls back.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
FCNE has no strengths to speak of through our 4 years of services with them. I sadly just assumed that was the fertility world care until we lost insurance and decided to move on from FCNE. From our first visit with our new clinic we quickly discovered how terrible their services actually were and that terrible services do not need to go hand in hand with fertility treatments or care.
It depended on the day. Sometimes monitoring went smoothly, other times it was over an hour waiting, or in proper orders in the system or no orders at all. Speaking of monitoring for all four years of services there was a lovely giant bug in the light fixture above the ultrasound table at the Bedford, NH location...I have numerous pictures of this disturbing focal point. The Reading facility was less than up to par as well with filthy bathrooms, extremely dirty rugs and chairs in the waiting room as well as curtains that were disgustingly stained in the retrieval and transfer section of the clinic.
The cost was somewhat typical, however almost all there costs are considered package deals and they will not individualize and will charge you for tests that have already been completed because it is part of the package deal. As Barry in finance rudely stated, "we are not some type of Medicaid clinic, we are for profit business."
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
The clinic refused to individualize our care. They charge by package deals regardless of if the tests have been completed before or not. At one point we spoke to someone named, Barry in the financial department who stated "we are not some type of Medicaid clinic, we are for profit business." We had a breach of privacy with the clinic and our anonymous donor was informed of our financial status. FCNE clinic is extremely unprofessional and clearly as Barry stated only looking to make a profit regardless of who is affected along the way.
Bedford

[Dr. Beth Plante] allowed my husband and I to rest in our Hail Mary try even though I had only one ovary and was 43. She radiates kindness understanding and ease. Which puts you at ease... She was hopeful for us yet realistic with our odds due to my age and one ovary down. She also referred out to Dr Lazarou for my husbands retrieval who was also kind and wonderful. I was sad that she was not the one on call for my retrieval day, but the team and Dr Hill also helped me feel as I was in great hands in the Reading clinic.
Early appointments and many locations [of Fertility Centers of New England] keeps you from having anyone at work knowing what you are up to. It is a well oiled machine...With the patient portal you never had to wonder about where you stand. They call and or email you back pronto. And when it was time to deliver my two week wait positive you can tell they are in the profession for this joy. You can also feel that if the message was not the hoped one that your heart would feel held then also.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
As stated in my previous statement she made my husband and I as comfortable as possible with a difficult situation. She was hopeful for us yet realistic with our odds due to my age and one ovary down. She also referred out to Dr Lazarou for my husbands retrieval who was also kind and wonderful. I was sad that she was not the one on call for my retrieval day, but the team and Dr Hill also helped me feel as I was in great hands in the Reading clinic.
Let her drive! Rest in the foundation of minds in this clinic to allow your body the best chances and good luck!
It is a felt sense the knowledge and care that she provides which allowed my husband and I to rest in our Hail Mary try even though I had only one ovary and was 43. She radiates kindness understanding and ease. Which puts you at ease.
Progesterone pills for prep. No lupron. And I’m sorry I should remember but I injected it all as they told me menpur and follistim I think.. ?
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Early appointments and many locations keeps you from having anyone at work knowing what you are up to. It is a well oiled machine and even knowing all the women there each morning even though you don’t speak there is a community feeling like you are all pulling for each other on the unique journey that it is.
So many options. I went into Boston, also used Braintree depending on which time window was best or if I wanted breakfast at dig in!!
Hahaha it was stressful since husband vasectomy did not allow insurance to pay for it we got an interest free credit card from Bank of America for one year so including meds 12k on the card and maybe a little more as I had to purchase the largest dose of medication.
With my age we transferred multiple. I had twins but lost one at 12 weeks. Did not have any left to freeze.
Reading

[Dr. Plante] took the time to get to know my husband as I as individuals, listened to our family goals, and reached out to me personally on more than one occasion when things didn’t go as planned. She also took careful time at our in person consults to make sure I understood the plan and all treatments involved. As a nurse I appreciated her willingness to explain details carefully and answer all my questions thoughtfully...
Some of the nurses [at Fertility Centers of New England] were blunt in their communication but I wasn’t surprised given the high volume of patients seen...Dr Plante helped alleviate that feeling by taking the time to make me feel heard. She stands out as the reason I felt human at the end of it all...There were times when I felt frustrated with my treatment results and the high volume of other patients FCNE sees. It can feel like you are just a number at times...
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
We have two beautiful perfect daughters thanks to Dr Plante and her team. There were times when I felt frustrated with my treatment results and the high volume of other patients FCNE sees. It can feel like you are just a number at times. However Dr Plante herself was a pleasure to work with. She was careful and thoughtful in her explanations and alleviated a great deal of anxiety for both my partner and myself with her reassurances. What really stands out to me was our consult when we were ready to start trying to conceive our second daughter. We brought our first daughter to that appointment- our miracle baby that would not exist without Dr Plante and these incredible technologies that allowed us to beat infertility. During the visit she immediately asked to hold Olivia, sat her on her lap, kept her entertained and happy and even let her smash on her computer without a blink. She was sharing in our indescribable joy as parents in those moments- parents who feared for many long years that they would never have a child of their own. Dr Plante is a beautiful soul and I am forever grateful for the kindness and compassion she showed during these difficult years for us, along with the family she helped us build.
Ask all the questions. Write them down and bring them to your consult. Follow up with her nurses if you need to, she has a great team.
Dr Plante was clearly busy with the large number of patients that cycle through FCNE. However she still took the time to get to know my husband as I as individuals, listened to our family goals, and reached out to me personally on more than one occasion when things didn’t go as planned. She also took careful time at our in person consults to make sure I understood the plan and all treatments involved. As a nurse I appreciated her willingness to explain details carefully and answer all my questions thoughtfully.
One nurse in particular- Caitlin, who no longer works there, stood out as exceptionally compassionate. She talked me through many disappointments and tears, knew just what to say to keep me fighting for my family. Some of the nurses were blunt in their communication but I wasn’t surprised given the high volume of patients seen. It still can feel pretty awful when it’s you and your embryos/ potential future babies. Numbers mean a lot when they are dreams of possible children.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Overall I felt like a number more than once. The rigor of the cycle, blood tests, ultrasounds and standardized messages can feel impersonal. Dr Plante helped alleviate that feeling by taking the time to make me feel heard. She stands out as the reason I felt human at the end of it all, and I’ll never forget the time and compassion she invested to help alleviate anxieties and give me hope when I had almost none left.
We were fortunate to be covered by insurance, but only after an uphill fight. There were still high out of pocket costs, upwards of $8k for all cycles/ genetic testing. (We are CF carriers)
We transferred only one embryo each time, as it gave us the best chances of having a healthy baby given my age, total number of viable embryos (2), and family goals. I’m grateful for Dr Plante’s advice and guidance on this choice because it gave us the family we had hoped for- 2 healthy children.
2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
...but my time with the 2 previous doctors left me frustrated, anxious, and feeling that I had wasted so much time and money with more questions than answers. Dr. Vitiello has a great sense of humor and a personality that makes you feel like you have known her forever, which can make a very stressful situation much more encouraging and relaxing. My husband and I immediately felt comfortable with her and hopeful again.
I had experiences with many different nurses [at Fertility Centers of New England] throughout this process and the level of care/compassion/friendliness varied. The nurses during my procedures were always great and so nice. The nurses returning phone calls always did a great job of returning calls by the end of the day or responding in the portal (which is frustrating if you actually want to talk to a person and not just read a response); however, they were also vague at times, even when asked very direct questions. I would have preferred to have direct email access to Dr. Vitiello, rather than having to ask everything through the nurses when things came up.
Dr. Vitiello comes across very confident and knowledgeable in her field, which is reassuring. She tends to explain things very quickly, so if you don't know what to expect or what questions to ask, you may not always get that information. She never made us feel rushed and seems to genuinely care about her patients. Her answers can be vague at times, as if she doesn't want to give too much information, probably to not cause unnecessary worry or anxiety, but this can be frustrating and leave you with even more questions down the road.
Dr. Vitiello has a way of making you smile even in the most stressful situations. She made my husband and I feel relaxed and confident, after very stressful and frustrating experiences at other clinics. While she does take the time to explain things and answer questions, she does not seem to go into a lot of detail and just gives the basics, so you may need to ask very specific questions to get the answers you are looking for.
I had spent almost a year at 2 other clinics before switching to Dr. Vitiello. I started my infertility journey feeling calm and hopeful, but my time with the 2 previous doctors left me frustrated, anxious, and feeling that I had wasted so much time and money with more questions than answers. Dr. Vitiello has a great sense of humor and a personality that makes you feel like you have known her forever, which can make a very stressful situation much more encouraging and relaxing. My husband and I immediately felt comfortable with her and hopeful again.
This is one area I feel that I would have liked a little more detail. I was given a chart showing the progression of my IVF cycle, but was never really given a reason why it was specifically chosen for me or the purpose of each medication. Also, directions are given through the online portal at different steps along the way, which made me feel like I never had a clear picture of the entire process until it was over since you don't know the next step until they send it to you. This can make it difficult to fully prepare yourself mentally and emotionally for what you are about to go through.
I had experiences with many different nurses throughout this process and the level of care/compassion/friendliness varied. The nurses during my procedures were always great and so nice. The nurses returning phone calls always did a great job of returning calls by the end of the day or responding in the portal (which is frustrating if you actually want to talk to a person and not just read a response); however, they were also vague at times, even when asked very direct questions. I would have preferred to have direct email access to Dr. Vitiello, rather than having to ask everything through the nurses when things came up.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
The clinic has multiple locations for routine tests, which is great, but only a few perform the actual procedures so you may still have to drive pretty far depending on where you live. Don't expect a relaxing, spa-like atmosphere - most of the waiting rooms are tiny and can get pretty crowded during monitoring hours. The desk clerks/receptionists at each office I went to were always very kind and helpful. The ultrasound techs and phlebotomists were also very friendly and kind. One of the biggest weaknesses is that you do not have online access to test results and your health information, which clinics I have been with in the past had. This made it difficult to keep track of all the new information you are constantly receiving and reviewing any tests results, blood work, etc after the fact.
Monitoring appointments are done during a specific timeframe in the morning and are first come, first serve. Most of the time the waiting room is full.
We did not have insurance coverage, so everything was out-of-pocket. With doctor visits, ultrasounds, blood work, IUIs, IVF, and meds around $15,000+.
Bedford

Dr Vitiello explains everything about the IVF process really well and keeps it real with patients about your chances of success and any risk factors. She also recommended the best course of action based on our personal situation, it’s not a cookie cutter approach. She’s very warm and personable and sensitive to patients needs...
Monitoring appointments [at Fertility Centers of New England] were provided during a certain window in the morning. They were very efficient, especially if you arrive during the earlier portion of the time window. I never waited too long to get in for either blood work or an ultrasound...They're very helpful, friendly and empathetic. The facility is very clean and functional. The operations are pretty efficient
The staff was great at making the process very personalized and warm
Most of the staff were excellent. There was one nurse who didn’t seem to be on the same page as the others and I had to ask to speak with another nurse a couple times.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Everyone at the clinic is great. They're very helpful, friendly and empathetic. The facility is very clean and functional. The operations are pretty efficient and patients aren't usually waiting too long to go in for bloodwork or an ultrasound.
Monitoring appointments were provided during a certain window in the morning. They were very efficient, especially if you arrive during the earlier portion of the time window. I never waited too long to get in for either blood work or an ultrasound.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
One of the nurses didn't seem to know the history of my experience with the clinic and gave misleading instructions. Thankfully, I was closely tracking things and was able to point out the error and ask for an opinion from another nurse.
Reading
Extremely knowledgeable about the entire process. When asking her [Dr. Wright] questions about risks, percentages and probability she was honest. No lying to make us feel better. She gave us the reality and also gave us the strength and courage to try for our little one. ... My tubes were blocked so we decided to bypass them and do IVF ...
They are all Very friendly and knowledgeable. I wish that the clinic [Fertility Centers of New England] could open earlier so I didn’t have to be late to work a few days a week. Opening at like 6 would help more people with the intense schedule of blood work. ... They [nursing staff] always called before 1pm with results to any and all testing. If I called with questions or concerns they would call me back in reasonable time.
How was your experience with Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England?
Extremely knowledgeable about the entire process. When asking her questions about risks, percentages and probability she was honest. No lying to make us feel better. She gave us the reality and also gave us the strength and courage to try for our little one.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England?
We have recommended already 2 other friends to her. Call her today because she is the best.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England?
The nurses knew my name and face and remembered things about me from previous conversations.
Describe the protocols Kristen Wright used in your cycles at Fertility Centers of New England and their degree of success.
My tubes were blocked so we decided to bypass them and do IVF. We could have attempted to repair the tubes, but she said there was only a 20% chance of it working.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of New England. (Assigned nurse: Cindy)
They always called before 1pm with results to any and all testing. If I called with questions or concerns they would call me back in reasonable time.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
They are all Very friendly and knowledgeable. I wish that the clinic could open earlier so I didn’t have to be late to work a few days a week. Opening at like 6 would help more people with the intense schedule of blood work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristen Wright at Fertility Centers of New England.
Describe Kristen Wright's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Centers of New England.
We wanted the best of the best and didn’t want 2 kids at the same time
Kristen Wright
Bedford
While the treatment plans were not delivered personally [by Dr. Beth Plante] (by phone), they were clearly customized by the doctor and delivered via online portal by the nursing staff. It was clearly not a one-size-fits-all approach...I really liked Beth and am planning on going back if I need additional fertility treatment. She is personable and sensitive in what is generally a highly-emotional and sometimes scary time which i greatly appreciated.
I did very little at this clinic [FCNE- Reading] and instead went to their Boston facility for the day-to-day appointments. The Boston clinic was very quick and efficient. I had to go to Reading for weekend appointments, which was much more crowded, but understandable since not all locations can be open on weekends. I also went to Reading for the retrievals, which was efficient and the people were professional and pleasant.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
While the treatment plans were not delivered personally (by phone), they were clearly customized by the doctor and delivered via online portal by the nursing staff. It was clearly not a one-size-fits-all approach.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I did very little at this clinic and instead went to their Boston facility for the day-to-day appointments. The Boston clinic was very quick and efficient. I had to go to Reading for weekend appointments, which was much more crowded, but understandable since not all locations can be open on weekends. I also went to Reading for the retrievals, which was efficient and the people were professional and pleasant.
I did the monitoring appointments in Boston, so cannot comment on Reading. But in Boston, it was very efficient. There was generally a very short wait and the process moved quickly.
$5500 for retrieval plus the cost of medications (which varied depending on insurance overage)

2015 - 2017, Successful
I can't speak highly enough of Dr. Hill. When we started treatment I was a bit nervous as I had seen a few ratings where people thought he was "mean". I didn't find this to be the case AT ALL! My guess is is that people didn't like that he was being honest about things.... Dr Hill was WONDERFUL! Honest and to the point but he cares about his patients!
I loved all the staff at FCNE both in the office and during procedures.... Early morning so could be to work on time! Very quick wait!... I can't speak highly enough of Dr. Hill. When we started treatment I was a bit nervous as I had seen a few ratings where people thought he was "mean". I didn't find this to be the case AT ALL! My guess is is that people didn't like that he was being honest about things.
Book an appointment!
Dr Hill was WONDERFUL! Honest and to the point but he cares about his patients!
Fresh Cycle- Failed but eggs frozen Fresh Cycle- Success! Live Birth! Full Term Boy Frozen Cycle- SUccess! Live Birth! Full Term Boy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of New England.
I loved all the staff at FCNE both in the office and during procedures
Early morning so could be to work on time! Very quick wait!
IVF Assist $7200

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Very private, friendly office. Their [Fertility Centers of New England] satellite office staff are wonderful....Monitoring appointments at the satellite are tough because it is a small window of time. Some mornings could be extremely busy...You don't have a lot of nurse interaction. The interaction I did have was good. The use their patient portal for a lot of communication. This has its pros and cons. Pros are that you can always get a response through the portal even if you are working or busy. The con is not being able to respond through the portal or ask for questions or clarification.
Dr. Vitiello is a realist. I appreciate her opinion. She can be candid yet respects your wishes. She is not afraid to look outside the box, and is willing customize your treatment. Treats you fertility cycle as her own challenge. She definitely helps give you the confidence and positivity you need while going through treatments. She has personally called me if she had results, or concerns to share. The best fertility Dr. I have been to yet!
She is wonderful! Knowledgable yet personable. She isn't one to sugar coat things, however she is respectful of your feelings.
Dr. Vitiello sits down and speaks to you on a personal level. She is very honest, rational and positive. You get a genuine feeling she wants to help you have a child as much as you do. She likes to draw things out for you and is empathetic to your needs.
I came to Dr. Vitiello as a last hope. I had seen 2 other clinics in the US and even one in Canada. We were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. No one could give us a reason that standard treatments were not working. Dr. Vitiello wasn't afraid to look outside the box and try different meds and different treatment. Although our one cycle we did with her yielded a low number of eggs, we did find out that the egg retrieved was chromosomally abnormal. We also found my ovarian reserve was very low. She assured me we would find a way to make me a Mom. Right now we are in the process of a donor egg cycle with a gestational carrier. Not the path I ever expected but after talking with Dr. Vitiello I am completely comfortable and happy with our path to parenthood.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of New England. (Assigned nurse: Dr. Vitiello has her own care team)
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Very private, friendly office. Their satellite office staff are wonderful.
Rather competitive IVF price. $7,800 (approx).
Reading

Strengths [of Fertility Centers of New England] were doctors, nurses and organization. Weaknesses was compassion of the care team...Monitoring was convenient early mornings...Impatient nurses for procedures were great. The phone care team was ok. I didn't always get all the info I was looking for...Dr Hill is upfront and honest. He listened, did thorough testing, gave options and then we got going right away. Since the beginning he's been making adjusting and alterations with each cycle and hopefully we'll get it right soon. I trust his knowledge and compassion to help me and he makes me feel comfortable. The other doctors in the practice have also been great to be a patient of.
How was your experience with Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England?
I would recommend Dr Hill & Fertility Centers of New England. Unfirtunately the whole fertility process is stressful and hard.
Doctors were great but the whole fertility process in general makes one feel like a number.
I was diagnosed with low ovarian reserve so Dr Hill was initially aggressive in my first IVF cycle. With only 2 mediocre embryos Dr Hill would have preferred to put them both in but unfortunately insurance only allowed 1. I miscarried at 7 weeks. We had to put in the frozen embryo next round despite Dr Hill wanting to do a fresh round and put 2 embryos in so again unfortunately insurance was holding us back. I've been diagnosed and treated for endometritis also. I'm doing aggressive stimulation now for my second IVF round, treatment for the endometritis before 2 embryos finally are transferred. I hope after the first trial, adjustments and 2 embryo transfer like we always wanted this round will have a positive outcome.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Strengths were doctors, nurses and organization. Weaknesses was compassion of the care team.
Monitoring was convenient early mornings
Insurance covered costs so just co pays for me
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Centers of New England?
Husbands blood work was ordered correctly and he had to go back. Typo in the portal for appointment time for we showed up 1.5 hours early for a transfer.
Reading

I appreciated the bluntness she [Dr. Danielle Vitiello] gave when she told us IVF will give us the most bang for our buck. We ended up having to go through 2 rounds of IVF before getting pregnant and when our first round of IVF was unsuccessful she called me personally to tell me the results and let me cry it out on the phone with her. She was able to calm me down and reassured me that she will make sure that we get it right the next time. I have never had a doctor who delivers bad news and then will stay on the phone with you while you process the information and be a shoulder to cry on. On our second round of IVF we were successful and became pregnant - I will always remember answering the phone to a screaming YAY from Dr. Vitiello - not a hi, not a this is Dr. Vitiello - a YAY which showed that she was as excited as we were that it
We chose the Fertility Centers of New England by default through what our insurance covered, therefore Dr. Vitiello was not someone who we had thoroughly researched prior to meeting her on our first visit. We were very nervous meeting her since infertility is such a sensitive subject we weren't sure how it was going to go. Immediately after meeting her and having her walk us through their process of how she goes about diagnosing infertility we felt as ease because she presented it in a way that was easy for us as non-doctors to understand. After getting the diagnosis of unexplained infertility she again walked us through all of our options (IUI, IVF, etc) and was very honest in what direction makes the most sense for us to spend our money that will give us the results we want. I appreciated the bluntness she gave when she told us IVF will give us the most bang for our buck. We ended up having to go through 2 rounds of IVF before getting pregnant and when our first round of IVF was unsuccessful she called me personally to tell me the results and let me cry it out on the phone with her. She was able to calm me down and reassured me that she will make sure that we get it right the next time. I have never had a doctor who delivers bad news and then will stay on the phone with you while you process the information and be a shoulder to cry on. On our second round of IVF we were successful and became pregnant - I will always remember answering the phone to a screaming YAY from Dr. Vitiello - not a hi, not a this is Dr. Vitiello - a YAY which showed that she was as excited as we were that it was successful and that she cared about us. I was lucky to have Dr. Vitiello perform both egg retrievals as well both embryo transfers and both times she made both my husband and I feel at ease during all of the these procedures. I highly recommend her to anyone who is struggling to get pregnant because she is not only a great doctor who will find the way to get to your desired results, but she also really cares about her patients.
As the doctor she made the calls to us if something worked or did not work as expected. She didn't rely on her team of nurses to do that. She also made sure whenever we had a procedure we were comfortable and always had the ability to make us smile even if something didn't go our way.
Bedford
She [Dr. Beth Plante] kept the drugs at a minimum and was cautious yet aggressive with my cycle. She knew that my insurance company was not covering any drugs so she tried to keep that in mind. She planned to transfer 2 embryos and that's what we did, and now I have a daughter. She was adamant that I use Progesterone injections instead of suppository or cream, and I think that is what really helped, even though I didn't want to do it.
I would like them [Fertility Centers of New England] to have an office in Rhode Island! Their lab is the best! Specially designed unlike any other. They have an embryo scope - which I think led to my embryos developing so well...I think it was 9,000 a cycle and if they first 2 didn't result in a pregnancy, they would do the 3rd one for free. Drugs were not covered...Dr Plante is very realistic and uses research and common sense to drive her decisions. She understands the cost and weighs out each decision knowing what the patient can afford and needs to have done. She communicates with her colleagues so even though she did not do my transfer, they were on the phone with her before I went in to discuss everything. They did not order any unnecessary procedures and the plan they offer (3rd IVF is free) is such a great option. She wrote letters for me to my insurance company and helped me in any way she could.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
Listen to her - she knows what she is talking about. Even if you don't want to hear it. And be honest with her about what you need - she will always listen.
She is so personable and friendly and so are her staff. She goes out of her way to care for her patients.
She kept the drugs at a minimum and was cautious yet aggressive with my cycle. She knew that my insurance company was not covering any drugs so she tried to keep that in mind. She planned to transfer 2 embryos and that's what we did, and now I have a daughter. She was adamant that I use Progesterone injections instead of suppository or cream, and I think that is what really helped, even though I didn't want to do it.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of New England.
They were always available to talk. One even took the time to fill out my applications for IVF grants that I was sending out. They were SO nice.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
I would like them to have an office in Rhode Island! Their lab is the best! Specially designed unlike any other. They have an embryo scope - which I think led to my embryos developing so well.
Well efficient and I would only wait a few minutes. It was first come first serve though so you did have to get there early.
She was conservative and realistic. The other Dr I saw wanted to transfer 5 embryos for my next cycle because of my age. I immediately left that practice.
2014 - 2016, Successful
I am eternally thankful for Beth [Dr. Plante] as our physician. She took into consideration all areas of our health both medical and emotional, and took her time to ensure that we thankfully only had one round and have two beautiful embryos waiting for us if we ever decide to have another...recommend Beth to ANYONE!!...she is thorough she is watching EVERYTHING, even the things you don’t think would be a huge deal. She wants to have everything be as perfect as possible, so follow instructions she is pushing in directions for a reason, not just to frustrate you.
I would never have made it through without the (professional) relationships i built with the nurses [at Fertility Centers of New England] at every level of this journey. The care and compassion i was shown was beyond anything i had ever experienced...Scheduling is often a concern? Get there early for blood draws and ultrasounds if you need to. They are amazing and supportive from the phlebotomist to the desk nurses to the people running the samples and prepping you for procedure.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
I am eternally thankful for Beth as our physician. She took into consideration all areas of our health both medical and emotional, and took her time to ensure that we thankfully only had one round and have two beautiful embryos waiting for us if we ever decide to have another. I have, and will continue, to recommend Beth to ANYONE!!
When she is thorough she is watching EVERYTHING, even the things you don’t think would be a huge deal. She wants to have everything be as perfect as possible, so follow instructions she is pushing in directions for a reason, not just to frustrate you.
Beth and her team were empathetic, compassionate and supportive of my needs and care and while sometimes delivering less than desired news, they were all of these things.
We went straight to an ICSI due to my husbands chromosomal diagnosis that led to some issues for us getting pregnant through any type of intercourse. I got to a predetermined BMI losing 125 lbs prior to treatment to improve success. We did antagonistic, with birth control, estrodiol, menopur, gonal-f, and one other for retrieval that i can’t remember. I had OHSS so we did a freeze all, and transferred a month or so later with estradiol and progesterone in oil until 10 weeks or so.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Centers of New England. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Cahill)
I would never have made it through without the (professional) relationships i built with the nurses at every level of this journey. The care and compassion i was shown was beyond anything i had ever experienced.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
The difference for us is that Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO is amazing. Where some families pay tens of thousands per cycle, we paid copays for all procedures and basic med costs. I think we Pay more in storage of the embryos and sperm we kept each year than we paid that year.
Because we didn’t know how i would respond only that our MFI was the identified problem i was given the choice to transfer one or two with the liklihood that both could take being the conversation and we decided to just try one just in case.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
[Dr Beth Plant's] Strengths - compassionate (example: called me personally after miscarriage), committed to single healthy pregnancies/values health of mother...Weaknesses - committed to single healthy pregnancies so this makes her hesitant to get more aggressive with treatments even though my husband and I are open to multiples, doesn't schedule appointments to see you regularly, you as the patient have to make a separate appointment to see her because nurses handle all other IUI-related tasks
[Fertility Centers of New Engalnd's] Strengths - good communication, organized, friendly Weaknesses - sometimes it feels as if the nurses don't communicate or document what's going on with a patient well enough so they don't appear to be on the same page...Good location, clean, responsive, great hours...She [Dr Beth Plant] makes herself available via email and contacted me directly after we lost our baby.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
Strengths - compassionate (example: called me personally after miscarriage), committed to single healthy pregnancies/values health of mother, respectful of patient's wishes (example: due to religious beliefs, unsure about pursuing IVF and Dr. Plante respects this with treatment) Weaknesses - committed to single healthy pregnancies so this makes her hesitant to get more aggressive with treatments even though my husband and I are open to multiples, doesn't schedule appointments to see you regularly, you as the patient have to make a separate appointment to see her because nurses handle all other IUI-related tasks
Be your own advocate and speak up about what you want because she really wants to avoid multiples
She makes herself available via email and contacted me directly after we lost our baby.
Letrozole 2.5mg days 2-6, monitoring via ultrasound starting day 10, trigger shot + intercourse, IUI 36 hours after trigger. She increased letrozole to 5mg on days 2-6 recently.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Good location, clean, responsive, great hours
My insurance covers IUI so all I pay are co-pays for the IUI which are $40 and $25 to see Dr. Plante as a follow-up visit.

2016, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Joseph Hill] tends to move quickly through details...He is very matter of fact. We are still undergoing treatment so don't know the results yet. He is great at answering questions when you are with him but hard to get a hold of him when not at an appt...The nursing staff [at Fertility Centers of New England] is good. When you are at appointments they are wonderful and helpful. Sometimes it is a little difficult to get answers through the patient portal...There are several doctors at the clinic and some are better than others. The hours of operation are great and having more than one location provides good flexibility.
How was your experience with Joseph Hill at Fertility Centers of New England?
He tends to move quickly through details.
Most of the time the care is great Sometimes it is hard to get a hold of a nurse.
I don't really remember. Sorry
The nursing staff is good. When you are at appointments they are wonderful and helpful. Sometimes it is a little difficult to get answers through the patient portal.
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
Tends to be busy, but if you get there early, there is no wait.
Mine was covered by insurance.

2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
I felt that she [Dr Danielle Vitiello] was fair and tried her best to help us...I really liked her. We had success with IVF, it wasn't until after the transfer that my body rejected the embryos. The only thing is that she was at times too busy. However her staff did a great job supporting this schedule. [The nursing staff] were awesome! Kathleen was amazing as well, she did all my ultrasounds and was kind and compassionate!
Be ready for straight talk.
I felt that she was fair and tried her best to help us.
They were awesome! Kathleen was amazing as well, she did all my ultrasounds and was kind and compassionate!
Describe your experience with Fertility Centers of New England.
It gets crowded on weekends because they are the only ones open. Go early for blood work and ultrasound.

2015, Unsuccessful
I trust her, I think she's smart and accomplished...she thought I knew how grave our situation was and we didn't. It would have behooved her to have asked what was our understanding and then take it from here with her expertise.
Extremely well organized; super staff. Results/orders were posted really quickly every day.
How was your experience with Beth Plante at Fertility Centers of New England?
She's very nice, but as I cited before, quiet and reserved. When I asked a question she answered it but at no time did I feel like she was anticipating my concerns, my angst. We had a lot of preliminary work done with my GYN before we saw Dr. Plante and she just took that as us knowing full well what all of our issues were. We did not, and there was missteps at our first appointment, where she thought I knew how grave our situation was and we didn't. It would have behooved her to have asked what was our understanding and then take it from here with her expertise.
This is hard to say since every case is so different. I trust her, I think she's smart and accomplished. I have said if you want a reassuring compassionate, get to know you reproductive oncologist, she's not the one. She is gentle though.
Her care team was phenomenal. Dr. Plante s a little removed in the sense that she is quiet and is not overly forthcoming with getting to know her patients. I felt like I offered more get to know, then she did. Not a totally bad thing, I was her brain and expertise, not a best friend. She's reserved.
Mine was the maximum protocol, we did it twice. Lupron and Gonal-F. 10 units of Microflare Lupron 50µg/0.1mL x daily and 225 IU of Gonal-F Pen also twice daily. Each time it took me about 16 days to get to my trigger shot.
They were all always available, for any/all minute question. They answered in detail and never ever felt like I was being bothersome.