Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
6420 Dutchman’s Pkwy
Louisville, KY 40205
502-749-6420
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility First to a friend?

1 doctor
Endometriosis, Male Factor
They [nurses at Fertility First] are caring, compassionate and extremely helpful. They answer all my questions. Even if I have to call several times because I've thought of something else...IVF is supposed to be around $10,000 to $12,000...They are very quick to schedule appointments, return calls and call in prescriptions. The billing department seems slow, but I'm not complaining about not having a bill right now. They are very flexible with scheduling even coming in early, staying late, and even weekends as necessary.
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
She sat with us and personally talked us through our plan and possible contingencies. She personally called with test results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility First. (Assigned nurse: Trish)
They are caring, compassionate and extremely helpful. They answer all my questions. Even if I have to call several times because I've thought of something else
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
She was very thorough in her examination and in going over our records from our primary gynaecologist and urologist. She thorough explained everything. She drew pictures and wrote notes to help is understand. I do wish I had recorded our sessions so I could remember things later
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
Bring your partner to help remember questions and what was said. Record your meetings or ask her to write your plan down. I wish I had asked her to rewrite it because when I looked at them later at home I wasn't sure what it said sometimes.
Describe the protocols Johanna S. Archer used in your cycles at Fertility First and their degree of success.
We did one round of femara and trigger shot for an IUI, unfortunately my husband's sample did not yield enough sperm to continue. We have since spoken with his urologist who had him do a sample and freeze so we can move forward with IVF. I have endometriosis and haven't had a laproscopy in 13 years so I will be having one of those before we begin our IVF cycle
Describe the costs associated with your care under Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First.
Lab tests are out of pocket for us. As are medications. Meds for the IUI cost $180. The IUI would have been $450 but we ended up not having it due to low count. IVF is supposed to be around $10,000 to $12,000
Describe Johanna S. Archer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility First.
Not applicable at this time
Fertility - Louisville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
The clinic [Fertility First] is very time efficient, open to adjusting to your schedule, and open to questions. It is very clean and operates on weekends as needed. They understand their families' needs and stay organized through charts. Their flexibility has allowed us to continue fertility treatments without having to take time off of work.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
The clinic is very time efficient, open to adjusting to your schedule, and open to questions. It is very clean and operates on weekends as needed. They understand their families' needs and stay organized through charts. Their flexibility has allowed us to continue fertility treatments without having to take time off of work.
Dr. Archer is very to-the-point and blunt, but in such a manner that she does not sugar coat anything. She truly wants the best for her families and will be very thorough and honest.
Fertility First is a small clinic where you see Dr. Archer every visit.
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
Dr. Archer explains everything, but sometimes you may need to ask for clarification. She runs her own clinic and is sometimes very busy, but will exhaust every option in hopes of adding to your family. She has been celebratory with us along every success and there for us with every setback. She explains everything and is there when you need extra support.
Go to Dr. Archer with all of the information you want answered. It has been very beneficial for us to go with our questions, our medications, and our calendar. She is very thorough and it will help if you are thorough as well.
We began with clomid, then clomid and IUI, which showed I was producing 1-2 mature follicles. So, we went on to FSH injections and IUI. I became pregnant the first time around, but unfortunately lost the baby around 6 weeks. This was my second loss at this time, so Dr. Archer did bloodwork and other procedures. My bloodwork showed I have a clotting disorder, so she has me on baby aspirin and Lovenox after IUIs. She also has us on progesterone supplements after every IUI. The procedures included an HSG exam, a hysterocopy to remove polyps and a D&C, as well as laproscopic surgery to remove endometriosis. We are currently in our last cycle of letrozole, injections, and IUI but will be moving on to IVF.
Around $1,000 per cycle and extra costs for procedures/surgeries

Endometriosis, Male Factor
Sometimes I waited a good amount [at Fertility First]. Other times I got back within 5-10 minutes. The waiting room is tight and at times a bit uncomfortable, but that’s just the nature of waiting rooms. Nothing out of the ordinary. It runs like a small business, because it is. The dr and two tecs. Sometimes they are a bit hectic, but it is only because they care and really are there to help...The woman who took the payments and did scheduling could be a little abrupt & a bit, “it is what it is”. But overall nice.
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
Sometimes I waited a good amount. Other times I got back within 5-10 minutes. The waiting room is tight and at times a bit uncomfortable, but that’s just the nature of waiting rooms. Nothing out of the ordinary. It runs like a small business, because it is. The dr and two tecs. Sometimes they are a bit hectic, but it is only because they care and really are there to help.
Dr Archer seemed to know and understand my file well. I felt like it took a number of months to get to remember who I was, but that honestly didn’t bother me. She was laser focused on getting me pregnant, which is all I cared about as well. She is kind and listens.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility First. (Assigned nurse: She only has two employees. You spend 95% if your time with the Dr)
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
She seems creative and up to date on the most modern case studies, I loved that. I had a consultation with another Dr/company and because I ovulate & have consistent periods he didn’t look too deep into me. Dr Archer was the opposite. She really dug in and invested in finding out what was going on.
She is super busy and can be a little frazzled at times. But she brings humor and levity. She will meet you on Sunday & make you her number one priority. IVF is done through a Hosptial in Evansville, which I did not love. But, I know people who have done IVF with her and didn’t have a problem with the process
She tied out options and constantly tweaked and adjusted. She was creative and kept a close eye on me. Some options we talked about and picked the best route together
It felt fair and in line with other providers. $1,000 approx a month for IVI, including all meds

Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
This [Fertility First] is a small office. I'm not sure if the staff was a nursing staff or office staff. Dr. Archer did all the medical procedures, except those related to IVF. I went to an office in Evansville to the IVF, even though I was technically Dr. Archer's patient....since it is so small, I hated that I had to go somewhere else for the IVF.... Dr. Archer's office was GREAT with billing. That was probably the best thing about their office.
Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
It is a small office. That is nice when you think about how well people get to know you. However, since it is so small, I hated that I had to go somewhere else for the IVF. That procedure was so grueling emotionally and physically that it was difficult to go so far away and work with so many new people.
Every time I went to the office, Dr. Archer and her staff recognized me and called me by name.
This is a small office. I'm not sure if the staff was a nursing staff or office staff. Dr. Archer did all the medical procedures, except those related to IVF. I went to an office in Evansville to the IVF, even though I was technically Dr. Archer's patient.
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
I think that Dr. Archer did what she thought was right for us, but it didn't work. I wonder if we would be more successful with a different set of eyes looking at the situation. She always seemed to care about us, but we repeatedly the same process over and over and over.
Be your own advocate and if you want to try something else push for it.
We tried ovulation stimulating medications (Clomid & Letrozole) with intercourse. Then we tried ovulation stimulating medications with IUI. Then we tried injectable ovulation stimulating medications with IUI. Then we moved on to IVF. We did over two years with medications and IUI until we moved to IVF.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility First.
This was an easy experience. I was always given a window in which to make an individual appointment. I was always seen individually and discretely.
No comments.

Endometriosis, PCOS
Since it [Fertility First] is a very small office, the same staff was there most of the time. One of the nurses was friendly and always remembered me. The other nurse was somewhat abrasive in personality and seemed to get annoyed easily by patients...Dr. Archer is the only doctor. That can make it feel very personalized at times. However, it doesn't feel as private as it should. It's hard not to hear what's going on with other patients who are being seen before you, and there's no separate entrance or exit for men who are, ahem, giving their samples....so it can be very awkward and, I'm sure, embarrassing for the men.
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
This is a very small office, as Dr. Archer is the only doctor. That can make it feel very personalized at times. However, it doesn't feel as private as it should. It's hard not to hear what's going on with other patients who are being seen before you, and there's no separate entrance or exit for men who are, ahem, giving their samples....so it can be very awkward and, I'm sure, embarrassing for the men.
Dr. Archer seems to genuinely care about her work and her patients. However, she does tend to rush through appointments and keep her eyes on the chart unless you stop her to talk or ask questions.
Since it is a very small office, the same staff was there most of the time. One of the nurses was friendly and always remembered me. The other nurse was somewhat abrasive in personality and seemed to get annoyed easily by patients.
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
My overall experience with Dr. Archer was that she genuinely loves what she does and wants to help everyone she can. She seems very dedicated to helping people have the children that they desire so badly, and is very flexible with scheduling and payment. And my husband and I would like to go back to her when we get in a position to afford IVF. That being said, she seems to spread herself too thin with too many patients. Our appointments with her rarely lasted more than 5-10 minutes, and she seemed to rush through the information and plan for the next step. Even after seeing her multiple times a month for over a year, she always had to review my chart during appointments like she didn't remember me. I know it's hard for a doctor to keep up with all the details of every patient's treatment, but it felt a little more impersonal than this process should feel.
Ask questions, get her to slow down when she's explaining things to you so you completely understand your treatment, and be open and honest with her about what you want and what your limitations are (financial, physical, emotional).
My first cycle, we used Clomid and Dr. Archer monitored follicle growth with ultrasounds every few days. She increased the dosage as we went if she wasn't seeing the growth she needed to see. After Clomid was not effective, we switched to Femera and followed the same strategies of monitoring follicle growth with ultrasounds and increasing the dosage as we went if needed. When at least 2 follicles reached the right size, we did a trigger shot to make me ovulate, and then timed intercourse. After 3 cycles of this not being effective, we moved to Femera with a trigger shot and IUI. The second cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy. After the 3rd cycle failed, we decided to take a break from treatments.
Around $1000 per IUI cycle

2012 - 2013
I remember the IUI being around $450 per cycle [at Fertility First]. Meds cost about $500...At the time of us seeing Dr Archer she had a very small office staff. But her staff was always respectful, polite and if you called with questions were always helpful..he 2nd cycle we use letrozol and Follistim. The same as before she seen us in the office several times and more frequently closer to ovulation time and adjust meds as necessary. We also used progesterone with both cycles. The 2nd cycle resulted in a full term pregnancy.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
At the time of us going to her clinic it was small but clean, neat, and calming. Everyone worked together for us.
She was wonderful, made us feel like we were her main priority. She always gave her condolences when the result was not what we were hoping for.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility First.
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
I cannot say enough nice things about her. She was caring, understanding, informative, she listened and provided her feedback with our best interest at hand. NEVER did we feel like a number in her office. We wholeheartly believe she's the reason for us being parents.
Talk to her. Tell her how you feel. Always ask question. Never be afraid to say what you need/want because you are your own advocate on this journey.
We used letrozol on the 1st cycle with her and she seen us in the office several time during the cycle and more frequent closer to ovulation time. This time resulted in pregnancy but ended in a miscarriage at around 6 week. The 2nd cycle we use letrozol and Follistim. The same as before she seen us in the office several times and more frequently closer to ovulation time and adjust meds as necessary. We also used progesterone with both cycles. The 2nd cycle resulted in a full term pregnancy.
I remember the IUI being around $450 per cycle. Meds cost about $500. Somethings were covered by our insurance due to having met our deductible for the year.

Endometriosis, PCOS
small office [Fertility First], may take time to get your first appointment...[nursing staff] They treated me like a friend. Always knew me by name, even when I called, they knew my voice...Dr. Archer was very cost effective. She truly understands how financially straining fertility treatments can be....Dr. Archer would call personally to talk to us about any results we were waiting on. She always took the time to explain things, especially when we didn't understand the first time; she never seemed frustrated with us.
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
small office, may take time to get your first appointment
She was always available, day or night. It feels very personal with her and I always know she cares.
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
She is the only Dr. in the office, so you know who you are dealing with every time.
We started with clomid and IUI and switched to letrozole with IUI. We started with IUI's due to me having endometriosis. We then moved to injectables as my body started to grow and immunity to clomid and letrozole. Lastly, we moved to IVF. We had 5 day 5 embryos and we transferred 2 embryos in January of 2016, resulting in a negative pregnancy test. Then in June of 2016 we did another transfer of 2 embryos, but this time we added "egg glue" which resulted in a pregnancy. Twins, well one vanishing twin. I ended up miscarrying a few weeks later. Nothing was found wrong with the embryos after my D&C. Possible blood clotting disorder but I had inconclusive results form that test. One remaining frozen embryo waits for us.
Dr. Archer would only agree to transferring two embryos at a time.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
[Fertility First is an] Amazing clinic, compassionate physician, completed tons of research on my symptoms and diagnosis to give me the best quality care. Completed a surgery That I was told was impossible, we are hoping for a pregnancy soon. Highly recommend dr archer...On a high dose of estrogen, she completed a SIS test, HSG test, hysteroscopy with removal of lesions and adhesions and now I’m ovulating with an 8.8 lining and hoping for the best
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
Amazing clinic, compassionate physician, completed tons of research on my symptoms and diagnosis to give me the best quality care. Completed a surgery That I was told was impossible, we are hoping for a pregnancy soon. Highly recommend dr archer and her teacher
She took everything into consideration. Worked vigorously with other physicians I had saw to get the most information about my case and is still working toward our goal which is to have a child naturally.
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
Always informative, took my feelings into consideration. Listed to concerns and considered my suggestions. Completed a surgery that I was told was impossible by the first fertility doctor. Would highly recommend her to everyone in need of a fertility physician.
Be open minded to options and listen to her advice
Thus far I have only paid co payments for my treatment
Fertility - Louisville

Both nurses in the [Fertility First] office were easy to talk to and very responsive to phone calls and emails. We actually miss seeing/talking to them...It is a solo-practice, so if Dr. Archer goes out of town (very rarely), your cycle might have to be adjusted...For our IUI cycles, we tried one round of Clomid and three rounds of Letrozole. All were also accompanied by patches to increase my lining and progesterone after the fact. For our IVF cycle, we used a combination of Follistim and Cetritide, with a Pregnyl trigger...
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
Dr. Archer and her staff got to know us over the year that we sought treatment. Always easy to talk to -- never felt uncomfortable.
Both nurses in the office were easy to talk to and very responsive to phone calls and emails. We actually miss seeing/talking to them.
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
Great bedside manner. She was easy to talk to and explained everything very clearly. She had very positive outlooks on us, but we never achieved a pregnancy with her. However, now that we have moved onto another clinic, they've assessed that our protocol during IVF was so low as to be considered a placebo level.
Nothing.
Very reasonable. I don't remember the exact number.
She presented us with nationwide guidelines on transfer and said that it was up to us to either transfer one or two. However, after retrieval, with only 2 embryos reaching Day 3, she recommended transferring both.
Fertility - Louisville

It seemed as if Dr. Archer’s nurses [at Fertility First- Louisville] had a high turnover or there were just different faces. Some were pleasant, some acted as if they had no idea what they were doing. The one that seemed to not know what she was doing wasn’t there long. Overall, they were pleasant.... I went to two different clinics- Dr. Archer did not to the egg retrieval or embryo transfer. That was completed in Evansville, In. The clinic in Evansville was very nice, up to date, very friendly atmosphere and staff. I felt as if I was in great care in evansville. Dr. Archer’s office was very nice as well. It was a basic doctors office.
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
Dr. Archer was very compassionate about our failed IVF cycle.
It seemed as if Dr. Archer’s nurses had a high turnover or there were just different faces. Some were pleasant, some acted as if they had no idea what they were doing. The one that seemed to not know what she was doing wasn’t there long. Overall, they were pleasant.
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
I felt like Dr. Archer explained everything in detail to my understanding. She always explained the levels of the blood draws- always adjusted levels as we went along. When our cycle failed, she seemed very compassionate.
I would recommend Dr. Archer. She covered all the bases that I needed and wanted to know about. I felt as if I could reach out to her if I was having issues/questions. The only thing I would e changed is the outcome of our cycle.
Egg retrieval/ embryo transfer $8,000 Dr. Archer’s services- $1,500. Medications $2,200
We were allowed to transfer up to two embryos.

2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
[Fertility First is a] Great place, open very early. Dr. Archer was always trying to accomodate more convenient time for me for my appointments. Stuff is great, nice. Unfortunately they don't have facility to do retrievals and transfers, only monitoring and iuis. They have agreement with boston ivf Indiana for retrieval and transfers.
2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
Very helpful stuff. Dr. Archer personally called with test results.
Dr. Archer stuff is very professional and very nice.
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
She is very knowledgeable, took time to answer my questions. Personally called me back with my test results. She was always prepare to answer questions. Always nice and helpful. I would highly recommend her.
We tried so many different protocols over almost 5 years.
Reasonable cost

Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
[Fertililty First clinic staff is...] Not organized or on same page with each other and sometimes the doctor...Take notes. Ask questions. Double check all appointments and dosages...
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS, Other
They get me in and out which I like. Normally there is not much waiting in the waiting room.
Not organized or on same page with each other and sometimes the doctor.
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
Good doctor. Works solo in the clinic 7 days a week as needed. Support staff is not much support. Miscommunications were mostly due to receptionist error.
Take notes. Ask questions. Double check all appointments and dosages.
Oral meds and suppositories for all iuis, all negative results. Follistim, ganrilex, Lupron, progesterone, Estrace for IVF, negative result.

Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Fertility First is] definetly cheaper then my previous doc her her ultrasounds are $120 ivf less than $10000...small clinic so nothing really special to go over I like that it’s intimate and small staff like a family almost she only had a couple of equipments procedures had to be done at a different clinic or hospital...she [Dr. Archer] was ok with us transferring 2 or one...She was very hands on she alway took time to call or see me and answer all of our questions
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility First.
She has a small clinic so nothing really special to go over I like that it’s intimate and small staff like a family almost she only had a couple of equipments procedures had to be done at a different clinic or hospital
She was very hands on she alway took time to call or see me and answer all of our questions always available at any times and very compassionate
How was your experience with Johanna S. Archer at Fertility First?
I really like her a lot she fights for you not scared to try différents things such as treatments dose etc.. I like that she’s weeling to try anything to help and she goes for it and takes charge I know it hasn’t worked us yet we’ll we had on but misscaried but it’s not her fault we just not lucky I guess but we are keeping faith that it will for us one day just out of money and don’t know what else to do as treatments are very expensive
Just trust her she’s got experience in this and be patient as she could be very busy sometimes but still finds time to be for you as you need her
For ivf which is what we saw her for she will do ultrasounds to make my uterus was fine monitor everything closely she’s bey good at that we will meet up for a review on how to take the medication shots pills and comes for blood work and ultrasounds to make sure the levels were right results were great also I always responded to the treatments we did fresh and frozen xfers had great eggs 11 7healthy ones everything looked so good but didn’t work for us so sad she was so confident that we will get our miracle baby but we hopeful that it will happens for us!
She is definetly cheaper then my previous doc her her ultrasounds are $120 ivf less than $10000
Not really she was ok with us transferring 2 or one but that’s all we wanted the most 2 pet transfers