Acupuncture is not offered

Metairie, LA 70001
3525 Prytania St
New Orleans, LA 70115

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Clisham was great at the beginning of the treatment plan. He explained everything in detail to me. During the course of treatment, I asked him to be more involved during the nursing instructions because I was getting confusing information. At one point towards the end of my time at the clinic, Dr. Clisham accused me of having a "pity party" after I was voicing to him my concerns about the nurses mistreatment to me. This drove a wedge between the doctor-patient relationship and lead me to seek care elsewhere.
[Fertility Institute of New Orleans is] Always disorganized. Never answers the phone. Calls back and leaves messages that are not in align with the plan. Does not communicate with doctor about plan. Rude to me in the clinic. On multiple occasions accused me of doing something wrong in the planning or not being "available enough" to schedule things...the clinic is so poorly run that it is impossible to feel like you have support when you go to this clinic. Feeling supported makes a huge difference!
How was your experience with Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Go to another clinic. Dr. Clisham means well most of the time, but the clinic is so poorly run that it is impossible to feel like you have support when you go to this clinic. Feeling supported makes a huge difference!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and Eve)
Always disorganized. Never answers the phone. Calls back and leaves messages that are not in align with the plan. Does not communicate with doctor about plan. Rude to me in the clinic. On multiple occasions accused me of doing something wrong in the planning or not being "available enough" to schedule things. Told me I had to get a Lupron shot because she mixed it up already, when I wanted to speak to the doctor first about the timing of the injection since it lasted 1 month. Told me I needed to send in screen shots of my conversation with the doctor so they can had the plans on record. Isn't that what the office is for? For nurses and doctors to communicate about the plans?
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
>$35,000
Describe Paul Clisham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
He only offered to transfer 1 embryo at a time
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Not helpful in getting some insurance-approved medications approved. I had to spend hours on the phone with insurance companies for approvals just to then hear them tell me they had not received an approval from the doctor yet.
Paul Clisham
Metairie
As a patient, I felt that he [Dr. Dunaway] was extremely intelligent and that there were many options that he wanted to try. As far as showing compassion, I found a lot of the times it was more about money than digging deep into our case.... I felt like my wife was treated as a number simply because a lot of the times we got information before the doctor remembered that we were a couple with morphology issues and low ovarian reserve
The front desk lady [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] is extremely nice, the nurses are OK and the good thing is that they will return your calls promptly, you won’t see your doctor that often the nurses do most of the work. When you do see him he is extremely intelligent and has been in the field for a very long time.... I don’t feel like the nursing staff was very friendly or showed a lot of compassion. If anything, I felt uncomfortable as a husband.
How was your experience with Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
As a patient, I felt that he was extremely intelligent and that there were many options that he wanted to try. As far as showing compassion, I found a lot of the times it was more about money than digging deep into our case.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
This doctor has a very good reputation for achieving pregnancies, in my case it was not very good.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe the protocols Heber Dunaway used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
We did a few months on Clomid, then we did a few months just are you IUIs and then we did a medicated round all resulting in negatives.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The front desk lady is extremely nice, the nurses are OK and the good thing is that they will return your calls promptly, you won’t see your doctor that often the nurses do most of the work. When you do see him he is extremely intelligent and has been in the field for a very long time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
$4000 for medicated cycle with Gonal F and then 500 per IUI
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
The only thing that happened was we decided to do a medicated IUI Cycle and after we already started the medication we were then told we would have to travel over an hour to have the IUI done. Another thing I did not like was we paid a lot of money to have a medicated cycle and they only did one ultrasound so we weren’t even sure if our follicles were ready for the IUI
Baton Rouge
He [Dr. Clisham] is caring and offered many extracurricular programs such as detox yoga and diets. But he is old school and doesn’t try new things such as endo scratch for iui. He wanted resources and didn’t have time to read them. He is older and does things how he sees they have worked which could be good. ... Some of the protocols were generic and not specific to the situation.
The doctors and the nurses [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] were sOmetimes in different pages. I had a delay in Med order and the phone is horrible is routed to another clinic. ... I had a very rude nurse who didn’t know what I had spoken to the doctor about and told me not to waste my timing buying meds because they were cancelling my cycle. ... Strengths are they can accommodate most times for labs and ultrasounds. Weakness is new age technology and studies. They need to be researching what other clinics are doing.
He is caring and offered many extracurricular programs such as detox yoga and diets. But he is old school and doesn’t try new things such as endo scratch for iui. He wanted resources and didn’t have time to read them. He is older and does things how he sees they have worked which could be good.
Do your research and ask questions before treatment begins.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Some of the protocols were generic and not specific to the situation.
Describe the protocols Paul Clisham used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
Our first cycle was just Femara and hcg with timed inter course. Our second was femara with injections follistim and ganerelix due to the fact I would ovulate on Friday and need iui on Sunday and they aren’t open. Iui still happened even though I ovulated. Third was same protocol except I started femara on days 4-9 and was able to have my cycle off of a weekend. Neither worked bfn!
I had a very rude nurse who didn’t know what I had spoken to the doctor about and told me not to waste my timing buying meds because they were cancelling my cycle. The rest of the staff was great.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Strengths are they can accommodate most times for labs and ultrasounds. Weakness is new age technology and studies. They need to be researching what other clinics are doing. Invocell is new and promising and so is endometrial scratching. They are doing either. And I feel like they overcharge for a non iui non injections cycle.
Monitoring was $900 and blood work was covered by insurance Iui was $500 and sperm washing was $200
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
The doctors and the nurses were sOmetimes in different pages. I had a delay in Med order and the phone is horrible is routed to another clinic.
Paul Clisham
Metairie

Be prepared to stand up for yourself. Don’t let her rush you or steam roll you...Had we progressed to IVF Dr Sartor only wanted to transfer one embryo. Her reasoning was that you don’t know if someone has an incompetent cervix until something happens so she wants to prevent it... was very pushy, not really giving us time to fully comprehend what was happening, or understand the recommended treatment plan. We had to be forceful and push back to slow things down a little. Also we never moved on to IVF due to her pushing us for PGD and us not having the money for the base IVF much less extras.
She [nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] was great about answering my questions and trying to get my insurance to cover my injectable meds which required jumping through many hoops.... One of the ultrasound techs was amazing and one was terrible! The phlebotomist’s were both awesome. The clinic did have good morning hours but closed between 3:30-4:30 in afternoon so no phones answered and no way to get a message to anyone. Also no later appointments.
How was your experience with Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
I saw Dr Sartor 4 times- initial consult, pre IUI consult, my third IUI and IVF consult after the third IUI failed. During the course of my treatment, I found out I am BRCA 1 positive, putting me at higher risk for ovarian and breast cancer. My treatment started with one round of unmonitored Femara. Instead of improved ovulation, I had an annovulatory cycle. The next step was IUI with ovulation induction. I started with Femara and Menopur and an HCG trigger shot. My first cycle was 1-2 follicles, second cycle was the same. The third cycle started with 2 weeks of birth control pills due to a large cyst at start of cycle. Then went on to the meds continuing with the same. But this cycle was different in that my body didn’t respond right away and so through the nurse Dr Sartor kept upping my dose of Menopur. Finally after 3 weeks of stimming we had 4 follicles. But again the cycle failed. Next step would be IVF. Dr Sartor was recommending ICSI, PGD (for BRCA 1) and possibly assisted hatching. We didn’t and still don’t have that kind of money. And medical loans have a very high interest rates. We weren’t interested in taking on such massive debt. As much as we want a family we have to be prudent. Also Dr Sartor pushing for PGD was very uncomfortable especially when we found out it was 12000 per cycle minimum. We stepped away from treatment at that time and have been trying on our own since.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Be prepared to stand up for yourself. Don’t let her rush you or steam roll you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr Sartor was very pushy, not really giving us time to fully comprehend what was happening, or understand the recommended treatment plan. We had to be forceful and push back to slow things down a little. Also we never moved on to IVF due to her pushing us for PGD and us not having the money for the base IVF much less extras.
Describe the protocols Belinda "Sissy" Sartor used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
I don’t remember dosing but all cycles started with Femara then Menopur injections with dosing going up as needed for response. I also used gonadotropins to prevent early ovulation and an HCG trigger shot for the 3 IUI cycles. After each insemination the doctor performing it would determine when to start oral progesterone supplementation. I only had 7 dpo progesterone testing once and never had a pregnancy test through the office.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Cherie)
She was great about answering my questions and trying to get my insurance to cover my injectable meds which required jumping through many hoops.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic ha no online portal. All labs results are communicated by nursing staff via phone. If you miss their call then you have to call back and leave a message and wait for a return call, which hopefully you didn’t miss! The phone calls all go to one office then have to be transferred to the specific location you need. One of the ultrasound techs was amazing and one was terrible! The phlebotomist’s were both awesome. The clinic did have good morning hours but closed between 3:30-4:30 in afternoon so no phones answered and no way to get a message to anyone. Also no later appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I don’t remember any costs. IUI was about $1500 without meds.
Describe Belinda "Sissy" Sartor's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Metairie

Dr. Lu was very nice and smiled a lot during my consultation. ... He kept giving me statistics that were confusing me and I was told I should quickly make a decision about starting treatment as I only had 2-5% chance of conceiving naturally. ... During the IUI he came in and explained things quickly, performed the procedure, and left the room. My husband and I were both upset when we left.
The front desk staff [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] seemed miserable to be at work and I always felt rushed. ... I was told after an appointment that I would be called by closing with results of lab work and the dosage of medications I should take over the next few days. I waited all day and was never called. I ended up having to call the after hours line who had to get me on the phone with someone because I had no idea how much medication to inject that night.
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Lu was very nice and smiled a lot during my consultation. He was hard to understand and I felt like my questions weren't being completely answered. He kept giving me statistics that were confusing me and I was told I should quickly make a decision about starting treatment as I only had 2-5% chance of conceiving naturally. I only saw him at consultation and the day of my IUI. During the IUI he came in and explained things quickly, performed the procedure, and left the room. My husband and I were both upset when we left.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
He is very difficult to understand when he speaks and he is very in to statistics
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
When I went in for my consultation I was very nervous. We had enough funds for 1 IUI at the time. Dr. Lu was very nice and smiled a lot, but I felt like my questions weren't answered thoroughly and he was hard to understand. I was basically told that with endometriosis I had a 2-5% chance of conceiving naturally and that I should quickly make the decision of starting treatment. I felt rushed and confused by the time I left and I still had unanswered questions. From the time I walked in the door it was up and down and up and down from the font desk all the way to the back. Even when I made the decision to go ahead with IUI and they brought me in the room to show me how to administer my injections, I felt like I was just told everything quickly so that they could move on with their day.
Describe the protocols Peter Lu used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
I had a baseline ultrasound and lab work. I was prescribed Gonal F 100 mIU every day for 5 days to produce follicles, but not too many as I ovulate on my own. I went for ultrasound on day 3 and 6 of the treatment cycle to see how I was responding. On days 5 and 6 I was told to add Ganirelix to my injections to keep from ovulating on my own. On day 7 I did my trigger shot. On day 8 I had my IUI. The cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test
The nursing staff was very straight forward and moved quickly. I always saw different nurses, and they didn't always seem very happy to be at work. The day I was supposed to be shown how to do my injections, I was in the room all of 2 minutes. I left nervous because I really still wasn't sure of exactly what I was supposed to do in order to use the injections correctly. I ended up googling it and asking a friend who had gone through treatments. When I would call to speak to a nurse I would wait all day for a call back and then it would seem like my questions were bothering them
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I can't list many strengths. The clinic itself was nice and tidy. The front desk staff seemed miserable to be at work and I always felt rushed. Their means of labs and ultrasounds is tiring. Check in at front desk, sit down, get called to the back for ultrasound, back to the waiting room to sit down, called to the back again for blood work, back to the waiting room to sit down, called to the back again for a nurse to tell you what to do with medications for the few days and when to come back, finally check out. It was tiring and draining.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I believe cost of the bundle was $1275 which included office visits, ultrasounds, and blood work. Medication was not included in that cost. The IUI was $495. If it would have had to be done on a weekend then it would have costed $525.
Metairie

Dr Lu is very smart. He seemed rushed every time we met with him. We were new to the world of fertility and were looking for answers to our many questions. Genetic testing was a huge part of why we needed help and he brushed it off and said we had to call the facility that handles that directly. He's very clinical, not one for warm and fuzzy.
When we had appointments here [Fertility Institute of NO], we always left with more questions than answers. With outside monitoring they did not send the same day results until the following day, after a number of calls. ... The clinic is conveniently located and offers Saturday appointments. I think the nursing staff and front office staff could be more friendly and supportive. ... They often don't answer the phone to schedule appointments, you have to leave a message. The phlebotomist never shared that I shouldn't drink coffee before a blood test - just water. They once took 7 vials of blood but didn't offer me juice or tell me that I'd be light headed the rest of the day. Overall just felt like the ball was dropped many times.
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Have your questions written down and ask all of them. Press him for more information and explanations. My advice would be, if you are young and just need minimal treatments, FINO and Dr Lu will be a good fit. If you are over 38 and need extensive help, seek a second opinion.
FINO is a busy place, they see a lot of patients. Though a handful of nurses/techs were friendly, I often was turned off by their cold vibe. A little smile every now and then would go a long way.
We sought a second opinion before doing a cycle with Dr Lu. But have done outside monitoring at FINO.
One nurse, over the phone, told me that the genetic disorder I was a carrier of was "the scary one." I think I was speechless. Thank goodness I then did my own research and learned that was not necessarily the case. I found the nurses cold and aloof.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic is conveniently located and offers Saturday appointments. I think the nursing staff and front office staff could be more friendly and supportive. The lady that checks you out was always the nicest one. I've had some issues with outside monitoring - they never sent same day results. You have to stay on top of everything and be your own advocate!
Outside monitoring is about $250-275/appointment.
Describe Peter Lu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
We didn't get a chance to discuss this topic.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
When we had appointments here, we always left with more questions than answers. With outside monitoring they did not send the same day results until the following day, after a number of calls. They often don't answer the phone to schedule appointments, you have to leave a message. The phlebotomist never shared that I shouldn't drink coffee before a blood test - just water. They once took 7 vials of blood but didn't offer me juice or tell me that I'd be light headed the rest of the day. Overall just felt like the ball was dropped many times.
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
I felt she [Dr. Sartor] was thorough at first but when my first IUI failed she wanted to do the same protocol again. The only reason we changed it up is because I had questions and requested the appointment. Otherwise, we would have repeated the same thing over and I would have never seen her...It just feels cold there at times. I also don't think doctors did deep enough to find the root cause of the issue. ...I feel like every patient gets the same treatment and they don't always look at you like an individual.
[Fertility Institute of NO] Strengths: it's convenient, there are a few docs so you can always change within the group Weaknesses: it doesn't have a warm and welcoming feeling. This is an emotional process and at times ( a lot of times) I just felt like a number and another dollar....[re: nursing staff] Busy and cold. Both times my IUI's failed the next sentence out of their mouth was ok so today is day what of your period and we need to start meds on day x. No I'm sorry or how are you doing. You may see one nurse in clinic and a different one may call you back. No continuity with the nursing staff unless you are starting IVF.
I felt she was thorough at first but when my first IUI failed she wanted to do the same protocol again. The only reason we changed it up is because I had questions and requested the appointment. Otherwise, we would have repeated the same thing over and I would have never seen her. Also, after a patient spends thousands how do you sit across from them with very little emotion? It just feels cold there at times. I also don't think doctors did deep enough to find the root cause of the issue. When paying cash I shouldn't have to come with lots of questions each time.
Come prepared and have lots of questions and don't be afraid to ask or you will get the same standard protocol as most pastients.
I feel like every patient gets the same treatment and they don't always look at you like an individual. When Amy treatments failed I was never consoled it was ok let's start your meds again.
2 failed Femara cycles with timed intercourse and BFN both times. 1st IUI was with Tamoxifen, Follistim, Ganerelix, & 5,000 hcg trigger. IUI was 24 hours post trigger & BFN. 2nd IUI changed slightly because of questions I asked. Tamoxifen, Follistim, Menopur, Ganerelix, Lupron/2,500 hcg trigger. IUI 36 hours after with a BFN. She stated that the reason for pills with injection was there was no evidence to suggest that injections only in an IUI cycle was more successful & it cost more.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I like that I was always able to get early morning appointments [at Fertility Institute of NO], since I work, that way I didn't have to miss too much work. However, I find wait times were pretty long. Again, I felt like a number to them. Like no one cared about my well being, or the emotional toll everything was taking on me. I understand that it's a difficult process for everyone going through this, but it didn't seem like the nurses cared about how difficult of a time this was for their patients.
I don't feel like Dr. Sartor cared about me as a patient. I don't think she would even know who I was if she saw me in the waiting room. She was once out of town for a scheduled IUI procedure, and I had no idea until a different doctor showed up to preform the procedure.
Don't go.
Dr. Sartor was always very dry when I saw her, which wasn't very often. I was in her care for almost two years and could probably count on one hand the number of times I saw her. We ended up doing 4 unsuccessful IUIs, and it was me who said I wanted to move on to something else, since IUI obviously wasn't working. I don't feel like that should've been my decision. I was never told "we're going to try this, this many times, and then we'll move on to plan B". In my opinion, I was never really informed well enough about what was going on with my body. I felt like they thought I was stupid when I asked questions, aside from Mary, the IVF nurse.
I don't remember.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Mary (IVF Coordinator))
Aside from Mary, the IVF Coordinator, I wasn't that pleased with any of the other nursing staff. I always felt like a number to them. They made me feel stupid for asking questions that I felt like I should've been informed about to begin with.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I like that I was always able to get early morning appointments, since I work, that way I didn't have to miss too much work. However, I find wait times were pretty long. Again, I felt like a number to them. Like no one cared about my well being, or the emotional toll everything was taking on me. I understand that it's a difficult process for everyone going through this, but it didn't seem like the nurses cared about how difficult of a time this was for their patients.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Overall, I got a baby out of it, so I feel bad for complaining. But most of my issues were on an emotional and communications stand point. I don't feel like I was informed well about what the "big picture" plan was. I don't feel like I saw Dr. Sartor as much as I should have. And I don't feel like any one cared what happened for me, in the end.
Metairie

I met Dr. Dunaway on a Friday and he performed a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy on Monday. He told my husband different findings than he told me as it relates to my endometriosis and ashermans syndrome. I went to New York to do IVF as it was the only affordable option for me at the time. I was monitored by Dr. Dunaway's office. Once they found out IVF failed, they sent me a certified letter dismissing me from his care.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans-Baton Rouge] was overall kind and tried to be helpful. Dr. Dunaway's nurse was very slow and unorganized. She kept getting my medical records confused with someone else.... The clinic was clean and organized. However you will be dismissed from Dr. Dunaway's care if you have a failed IVF on your record. You are a number to him, not a person. Friends and other doctors are appalled when I tell them what he did.
Don't tell Dr. Dunaway if you get a second opinion or do a procedure elsewhere as he won't accept due to it affecting his numbers.
Dr. Dunaway treated me like a number. Once I had a failed IVF done in New York, Dr. Dunaway sent me a certified letter releasing me from his care. Dr. Dunaway performed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy well for me but we never got to IVF due to the above reason.
The nursing staff was overall kind and tried to be helpful. Dr. Dunaway's nurse was very slow and unorganized. She kept getting my medical records confused with someone else.
$2000 for hysteroscopy and laparoscopy and it was covered by insurance
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
As stated earlier, the hysteroscopy and laparoscopy was done well but Dr Dunaway dismissed me after a failed IVF at another clinic.
Baton Rouge
I felt like he [Dr. Herber Dunaway] was very qualified and knew exactly what my issue was and how to treat me, but after my initial consultation I never saw him or heard from him...Weaknesses - not very face to face, doesn't explain the reasoning behind all of the treatment options. I felt like I was being pushed toward extremely aggressive treatment too early while being dismissive of my concerns...I did one cycle with oral medicine and times intercourse.
I felt like they [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] could have run more tests and diagnostics initially. I had to request certain procedures and blood work. They also didnt forward my paperwork to my new clinic...An oral medicine cycle cost $850. A treatment cycle with iui cost $1500...State of the art equipment and facilities. A lot of qualified doctors. Weaknesses are you definitely know that they have a ton of patients. The staff seem very busy. They do have good hours. I felt like they were in a rush to push people through lower cycles of treatment.
Strengths - experienced and qualified Weaknesses - not very face to face, doesn't explain the reasoning behind all of the treatment options. I felt like I was being pushed toward extremely aggressive treatment too early while being dismissive of my concerns
Ask a lot of questions
I felt like he was very qualified and knew exactly what my issue was and how to treat me, but after my initial consultation I never saw him or heard from him.
I did one cycle with oral medicine and times intercourse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Good communicator in that they returned phone calls promptly. Could have had a better bedside manner and explained things more thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
An oral medicine cycle cost $850. A treatment cycle with iui cost $1500.
Describe Heber Dunaway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I did not do IVF
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
I felt like they could have run more tests and diagnostics initially. I had to request certain procedures and blood work. They also didnt forward my paperwork to my new clinic.
2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Dunaway] was very friendly and he was able to diagnose my problem right away...so I had surgery...but he didnt explain well what he saw wrong with my tubes...just mentioned scarring after my recovery period...and when it was time for the actual iui's barely heard or got a response on how to proceed...He is a good doctor just not a good one for me
The clinic [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] is nice and the other staff members were very friendly. Kind if hard to get in for an appointment because of there popularity but spends a lot of time going over things in consultation. My surgery went well also...I hated the nurse she always had an attitude like I was bothering her I don't know if it was because she was pregnant or because I was gay but I didn't like her vibe and lack of communication and care so I went with another doctor
He was very friendly and he was able to diagnose my problem right away so I had surgery but he didnt explain well what he saw wrong with my tubes just mentioned scarring after my recovery period and when it was time for the actual iui's barely heard or got a response on how to proceed.
He is a good doctor just not a good one for me
Only to inform them when the start of your cycle was so they could schedule the sis
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Holly)
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic is nice and the other staff members were very friendly. Kind if hard to get in for an appointment because of there popularity but spends a lot of time going over things in consultation. My surgery went well also
My insurance covered most and I only paid copays and 1,000 toward my out of pocket as the doctor fee before surgery

2011 - 2015, Unsuccessful
After 4 miscarriages [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans, under Dr. Taylor's care], tests that should have been done were not. They figured we had bad luck. After seeing a different doctor at a different clinic and getting answers I realized I wasted a lot of time and money in this clinic
The staff [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] shuffles people in and sometimes there is a very long wait even when you have an appointment scheduled. Several occasions I received calls from nurses who didn't even bother to look in my chart for specifics. Most times they could not answer my questions and I always felt very rushed
How was your experience with Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
After 4 miscarriages, tests that should have been done were not. They figured we had bad luck. After seeing a different doctor at a different clinic and getting answers I realized I wasted a lot of time and money in this clinic
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Don't go here. There is a better, more compassionate clinic in the area.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
The staff never remembered my name, with the exception of two ultrasound techs. They shuffle people like cattle in and out of the office. Every visit was standard, blood and ultra sound. Even if you didn't need it
The staff shuffles people in and sometimes there is a very long wait even when you have an appointment scheduled. Several occasions I received calls from nurses who didn't even bother to look in my chart for specifics. Most times they could not answer my questions and I always felt very rushed
Pick a different clinic
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
We spent over $8,000 and got zero answers
Steven Taylor
2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Peter Lu] is research driven & positive. He is not a firm believer in alternative therapies, sich as herbs & supplements, but he's also not against trying them. He seemed to understand our desire for having another child & seemed hopeful but also realistic that there's no exact science for treating infertility. His bedside manner is efficient and knowledgeable, backed up by statistics and information, but he did not appear well-versed or particularly supportive of additional alternative resources (accupuncture, diet, growth hormone, etc.) to utilize in addition to the typical injection protocol.
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
He is research driven & positive. He is not a firm believer in alternative therapies, sich as herbs & supplements, but he's also not against trying them. He seemed to understand our desire for having another child & seemed hopeful but also realistic that there's no exact science for treating infertility. His bedside manner is efficient and knowledgeable, backed up by statistics and information, but he did not appear well-versed or particularly supportive of additional alternative resources (accupuncture, diet, growth hormone, etc.) to utilize in addition to the typical injection protocol.
Ask him for information about why he does not subscribe to alternative supplemental therapies to enhance fertility treatments.
He seemed very research driven, but he also articulated & echoed our reasons for wanting another child after havibg had one easily & naturally earlier.
Expensive!