Acupuncture is not offered

Metairie, LA 70001
New Orleans
3525 Prytania St
New Orleans, LA 70115

Dr. Dunaway knows his stuff....Friendly, easy to talk to, although he may simplify the process when explaining. I wasn't always sure what to expect next, if my side effects/symptoms were normal, if my results were as expected, etc...Bring someone to appointments to make sure you both understand his explanations. He is very friendly and can easily bustle in and out of the room before you realize you did ask the questions you intended to!
The clinic and Nurses [at Fert Institute of NO] were easy to get in touch with. They recognized me by site, and they were always friendly. On occasion, I did feel like maybe they were a little jaded to the process. They would explain things so matter of factly, at times skipping over the mental or emotional Aspect of the process....Organized, friendly staff. Good location in central Baton Rouge. Expensive...Jackie has been doing this forever. Very organized, straight forward, calm.
How was your experience with Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Dunaway knows his stuff. He is worth going to just by his success rate alone. Friendly, easy to talk to, although he may simplify the process when explaining. I wasn't always sure what to expect next, if my side effects/symptoms were normal, if my results were as expected, etc.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Trust his opinion, but if you are detail-oriented, have all questions ready to go! Bring someone to appointments to make sure you both understand his explanations. He is very friendly and can easily bustle in and out of the room before you realize you did ask the questions you intended to!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
The clinic and Nurses were easy to get in touch with. They recognized me by site, and they were always friendly. On occasion, I did feel like maybe they were a little jaded to the process. They would explain things so matter of factly, at times skipping over the mental or emotional Aspect of the process.
Describe the protocols Heber Dunaway used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
I should have kept notes. Lots of Lupron. Gonal and menopur for retrieval--doses changed often based on ultrasound and labs. A few oral meds to avoid OHSS after retrieval. I wanted to try a fresh transfer but they did not allow it due to my lab levels. For transfer, estradiol IM and patches, then added in IM progesterone. After transfer, added baby aspirin for a while. Switched IM progesterone to vaginal suppository. Stopped all meds at 10 weeks. Weekly ultrasounds until I "graduated" to regular ob at 10 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Jackie has been doing this forever. Very organized, straight forward, calm. Go in to appointments with questions ready to go so she isn't in and out. Very clear on directions, but can skim over side effects and emotional aspects of fertility treatment. Overall impression, they aren't there to baby you-they are there to get you pregnant.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Organized, friendly staff. Good location in central Baton Rouge. Expensive but they are the best in our area, so I do not regret going to them first.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Ultrasounds and labs were scheduled in the mornings. Quick and efficient. Ultrasound and lab techs are very friendly. I always picked up new information from the ultrasound techs during my ultrasounds. (Sometimes they mentioned things I feel like I should have known about from the nurse! I wish I remember a good example of this.)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
1 egg retrieval with 2 transfers cost about 12,000. ICSI was another $2000, roughly. Med cost was not included in this. I paid half up front, then the other half later on, I believe close to my transfer date.
Describe Heber Dunaway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Standard for my age was 2 embryo transfers, which I was fine with.

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Dunaway actually takes the time to plan a path for you and your partner while explaining his reasoning and then asks your opinion. I felt like I had a say so in what they were doing...Dr. Dunaway is caring and compassionate, but not clueless. He gives you the results straightforward, but also has a plan to follow...Fertility pills for our first cycle which resulted in a negative pregnancy test, but wanted to see my body's reaction to the pills.
It's not going to be perfect, but the clinic [Fert Inst of NO] does everything they can to help you. Every person has different issues and I believe Dr. Dunaway and staff do everything they can to assist and care for you and your future pregnancy...[Nursing staff] Absolutely wonderful. Caring and always a pleasure to see...he staff has also went out of their way to help my situation when needed by squeezing me in at the last minute... It has been expensive, but when Dunaway can he will help you.
My statement from the human vs number will be the same answer. He is caring and compassionate, but straightforward with issues. He always has a plan ready if one plan didn't work out the way we hoped.
Don't waste your time seeing a OB/GYN. Let Dr. Dunaway help you get where you want to be quicker. He is amazing!
Dr. Dunaway actually takes the time to plan a path for you and your partner while explaining his reasoning and then asks your opinion. I felt like I had a say so in what they were doing. The staff has also went out of their way to help my situation when needed by squeezing me in at the last minute. Dr. Dunaway is caring and compassionate, but not clueless. He gives you the results straightforward, but also has a plan to follow.
Fertility pills for our first cycle which resulted in a negative pregnancy test, but wanted to see my body's reaction to the pills. IUI with shots- my body didn't react enough to the pills. First time with shots I ovulated early which resulted in a negative pregnancy test and another medicine being added the next go around. 2 more cycles both with a negative pregnancy test. Surgery followed to see if their were blockages or other issues. IVF is our next step. Unfortunately, we have been diagnosed with unexplained infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Holly and then Jackie)
Absolutely wonderful. Caring and always a pleasure to see even though infertility is extremely hard to deal with.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
It's not going to be perfect, but the clinic does everything they can to help you. Every person has different issues and I believe Dr. Dunaway and staff do everything they can to assist and care for you and your future pregnancy.
I have no cover under insurance for infertility and unexplained infertility. It has been expensive, but when Dunaway can he will help you.
Baton Rouge

Dr. Dunaway was always cheerful and friendly. He spent as much time as we needed during each appointment and I never once felt rushed to leave. He made me feel as though I was his only (and favorite) patient. Dr. Dunaway went above and beyond to answer questions and explain treatment protocol. His confidence helped ease any anxiety I had.... We elected to transfer two embryos based on preference and statistics and it resulted in a single pregnancy.
I love this clinic [Fertility Institute of New Orleans-Baton Rouge] and have nothing negative to say! Expect friendly faces and personal dialogue from everyone involved from the moment you check in to the time you leave. The clinic is state of the art, professional and very inviting.... All of the nurses and coordinators were very quick to call me with lab results and answer all of my questions. They were very thorough and spent as much time with me as I needed
Trust him and don't be afraid to ask questions. He is extremely compassionate while quickly getting to the point. He's not going to waste your time or money.
Dr. Dunaway and his staff were always personable and friendly! They made me and my husband feel like we were part of their family.
Dr. Dunaway began with an HSG to ensure my tubes weren't blocked and proceeded with an IUI with injectables due to my history of failed response with Clomid and letrozole. We used Gonal-F and Cetrotide that matured five follicles but the IUI was not successful. We decided to go to IVF with ICSI and after a saline sonogram I began stim protocol using Follistim, Menopur and lupron. I had monitoring appointments almost every day due to medication adjustments before my egg retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Jackie, Simone, Holly)
All of the nurses and coordinators were very quick to call me with lab results and answer all of my questions. They were very thorough and spent as much time with me as I needed.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I love this clinic and have nothing negative to say! Expect friendly faces and personal dialogue from everyone involved from the moment you check in to the time you leave. The clinic is state of the art, professional and very inviting.
Monitoring appointments for ultrasounds and labs are done in a two hour window first thing in the morning. They provided hours before work so schedules were not inconvenient.
Of the the 8 eggs fertilized, 2 were frozen on day five and 2 more were frozen on day six. We elected to transfer two embryos based on preference and statistics and it resulted in a single pregnancy.
Baton Rouge
This is the first doctor, we've seen for infertility, that actually dug deep to find out what was wrong with me & didn't treat us with a "standard" ivf cycle. ... Dr Dunaway discovered that I have immune deficiencies. He ordered an IV therapy session before my embryo transfer ... I could see his passion for wanting to help couples become families. ... Dr Dunaway follows the law to a t. Although, he understood our desire to transfer 2 embryos, the law dictates that (in our situation) we can only do 1 at a time.
I feel that the clinic [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] is filled with a ton of very knowledgeable team members, who really want to see each couple bring home a baby. They treat each couple on an individual basis, which is super important, since no two cases of infertility are the same. From the receptionist to the Dr's, everyone is top knotch. ... The entire staff are very helpful & compassionate.
I met Dr Dunaway at an infertility support group meeting, where he came to speak about Invocell. I don't qualify for Invocell, but through his speech, I could see his passion for wanting to help couples become families. It was at that moment, I knew we needed to meet with Dr Dunaway.
Don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you want. He'll not only give you his time, but he'll dig deeper to find out the root of your problem & find a solution.
Dr Dunaway discovered that I have immune deficiencies. He ordered an IV therapy session before my embryo transfer, which helps increase the success of a transfer (it's not 100%, but can increase the odds). Unfortunately, it didn't work for me & I'm currently in the middle of my 2nd miscarriage.
The entire staff are very helpful & compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I feel that the clinic is filled with a ton of very knowledgeable team members, who really want to see each couple bring home a baby. They treat each couple on an individual basis, which is super important, since no two cases of infertility are the same. From the receptionist to the Dr's, everyone is top knotch.
Baton Rouge
I had high natural killer cells so once we got pregnant we had to undergo testing [with Dr. Dunaway] to see how high my natural killer cells were and then complete three rounds of IVIG treatment to keep my body from fighting off the fetus until my placenta took over... was very aggressive with his plan for my treatments. He also did a great job of laying out all the options and talking through possible scenarios. Dr Dunaway was present for every appointment and ultrasound. He clearly set expectations for my next appointment and was honest on what to expect!
The whole process [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] was a positive one for me despite the reason we had to be there. Some of the nurses could have taken more time to explain things but as a whole they were encouraging and helpful. If also felt like they were truly rooting for you!...On my initial visit I wished that the nurse would have done a better job of breaking down the tests that needed to be run. I felt overwhelming and confused. After that visit, the nurses were great. They called quickly with test results and helped me understand what they meant. They were also fabulous once we got pregnant throughout visits and ultrasounds!
Dr Dunaway was very aggressive with his plan for my treatments. He also did a great job of laying out all the options and talking through possible scenarios. Dr Dunaway was present for every appointment and ultrasound. He clearly set expectations for my next appointment and was honest on what to expect!
Be prepared for complete honesty. He is warm and kind but does not sugar coat anything.
We did not use any treatment to get pregnant. I had high natural killer cells so once we got pregnant we had to undergo testing to see how high my natural killer cells were and then complete three rounds of IVIG treatment to keep my body from fighting off the fetus until my placenta took over.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The whole process was a positive one for me despite the reason we had to be there. Some of the nurses could have taken more time to explain things but as a whole they were encouraging and helpful. If also felt like they were truly rooting for you!
I paid for most of my initial testing out of pocket. After that, his office did a great job coding my visits so that they were covered.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
They were slow to send my file to my OB once they released me.
2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr Dunaway was very kind and informative. He seemed to care about trying to figure of my unexplained secondary fertility of 4 years. Good bed side manner, much better than previous doctors. He was quick to suggest surgery but I believe he really thought it would help my situation...Iui with oral medications...All 3 ended in negative pregnancy tests...Office visits are fairly time consuming, longer waits then expected on a few occasions.
[Fertility Institute of New Orleans is] Clean and accommodating...Sometime long wait times...My fourth cycle was cancelled due to Zika, the problem with this was I had to go in for an appointment, charged for an ultrasound, waited 20 minutes to speak with the nurse, to then only be told th cycle would have to be cancelled. I feel that this information should have been discussed prior to my appointment
Dr Dunaway was kind and very informative. Good bed side manner, much better than previous doctors. He was quick to suggest surgery but I believe he really thought it would help my situation. Unfortunately, 4.5 years of infertility and we are still not pregnant
Office visits are fairly time consuming, longer waits then expected on a few occasions. If you are doing a iui, have your husband collect the sample at the office and not off premise. The wait to collect my husbands sample was extremely long and I feel it may have cost us a successful cycle
Dr Dunaway was very kind and informative. He seemed to care about trying to figure of my unexplained secondary fertility of 4 years. His nurse is nice but is a bit dry and not overly helpful.
Iui with oral medications. It was our third iui and medications where champagne increased each cycle. All 3 ended in negative pregnancy tests
Nice but not overly helpful or caring. Felt more like a number with the nurse staff
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Clean and accommodating Sometime long wait times My fourth cycle was cancelled due to Zika, the problem with this was I had to go in for an appointment, charged for an ultrasound, waited 20 minutes to speak with the nurse, to then only be told th cycle would have to be cancelled. I feel that this information should have been discussed prior to my appointment
Approximately: Ultrasounds- $200 x 4-5 Blood work- $1,000 Medications- $1,000 IUI- $700 Sperm testing- $400
Baton Rouge

I met Dr. Dunaway on a Friday and he performed a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy on Monday. He told my husband different findings than he told me as it relates to my endometriosis and ashermans syndrome. I went to New York to do IVF as it was the only affordable option for me at the time. I was monitored by Dr. Dunaway's office. Once they found out IVF failed, they sent me a certified letter dismissing me from his care.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans-Baton Rouge] was overall kind and tried to be helpful. Dr. Dunaway's nurse was very slow and unorganized. She kept getting my medical records confused with someone else.... The clinic was clean and organized. However you will be dismissed from Dr. Dunaway's care if you have a failed IVF on your record. You are a number to him, not a person. Friends and other doctors are appalled when I tell them what he did.
Don't tell Dr. Dunaway if you get a second opinion or do a procedure elsewhere as he won't accept due to it affecting his numbers.
Dr. Dunaway treated me like a number. Once I had a failed IVF done in New York, Dr. Dunaway sent me a certified letter releasing me from his care. Dr. Dunaway performed a hysteroscopy and laparoscopy well for me but we never got to IVF due to the above reason.
The nursing staff was overall kind and tried to be helpful. Dr. Dunaway's nurse was very slow and unorganized. She kept getting my medical records confused with someone else.
$2000 for hysteroscopy and laparoscopy and it was covered by insurance
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
As stated earlier, the hysteroscopy and laparoscopy was done well but Dr Dunaway dismissed me after a failed IVF at another clinic.
Baton Rouge

We’ve only met with Dunaway during our consultation and procedures. Every other time I only see or speak to nurses. When test results are called in, it’s always by his nurses. He seemed to be very positive and compassionate about our situation, but I felt like he just puts all the information to the nurses... Expect to speak to nurses more than him, but that he’s ALWAYS present during appointments
[Fertility Institute of New Orleans] Organized, friendly to time constraints, available after hours (weekends especially). Assign only specific nurses to certain procedures (IUI vs IVF), which is nice to know exactly who you’re dealing with... Approximately $1500 for an IUI, including all costs of tests, procedures and medication... When test results are called in, it’s always by his nurses....No social skills or compassion, but extremely organized
Our history was known before we even met for our consults and our cycles three months in advanced were planned out day by day
Increasing my Letrozole dosage (three time as high) and including progesterone suppositories and a hormone injection, all before proceeding with IUI
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Holly)
No social skills or compassion, but extremely organized
Baton Rouge
Dr. Dunaway took time to listen to our concerns and really look through our file. We went through where we were and what we wanted our next steps to be. He understands that financial impact and has not pushed us to start the process and let us go at our own pace. ... He is ready when we are but understands that we are seeing a urologist for the male factor before we take another step.
Calming entrance and nurses and staff [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] are suoer nice. They return phone calls ina timely fashion and are understanding when giving you news that is hard to accept. I would fully recommend them to anyone and already have a few people checking them out. Dr Dunnaway and staff also participate in sarahs laughter walks and donate many funds and treatments to winners of the raffles.
Relax. The process of infertility is stressful and we found him calming. It was nice to be seen as we are and not just another patient get through the door.
He took tome to talk to each of us and listen to us like we are people.
We are still in the process of finding funding for the projected ivf with isci. I went through the bloodwork testing and the ultrasounds. He works with obgyn as I had a surgery to correct a potential problem. He is ready when we are but understands that we are seeing a urologist for the male factor before we take another step.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Calming entrance and nurses and staff are suoer nice. They return phone calls ina timely fashion and are understanding when giving you news that is hard to accept. I would fully recommend them to anyone and already have a few people checking them out. Dr Dunnaway and staff also participate in sarahs laughter walks and donate many funds and treatments to winners of the raffles.
Baton Rouge

Dr Dunaway offered his email for us to send in any additional questions and was very ready to answer and and all we asked. ... When we met for the consultation he seemed very knowledgeable and concerned as to why we have not had success. He truly seemed like he wants to put together a plan based on previous attempts to help us conceive. ... We haven’t started the actual IVF cycle yet, but the initial appointment and workup was very smooth.
Great office [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] and atmosphere. Friendly staff and knowledgeable doctor [Dr. Dunaway]. ... You feel as if you are somewhere where they know what they are doing. It has a warm, welcoming tone and smiling faces to greet you. ... The nursing staff I was in contact with were all very attentive and nice. Very personable and seemed to be willling to help. ...
We haven’t started the actual IVF cycle yet, but the initial appointment and workup was very smooth. Great office and atmosphere. Friendly staff and knowledgeable doctor. Dr Dunaway offered his email for us to send in any additional questions and was very ready to answer and and all we asked.
Ask questions
We are in the process of potentially starting an IVF cycle, more details to come on this!
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The atmosphere of the waiting room and office itself is very calm and professional. You feel as if you are somewhere where they know what they are doing. It has a warm, welcoming tone and smiling faces to greet you.
The consultation fee was $215
We have not reached this point yet in the process here
Baton Rouge
He [Dr. Dunaway] is a great doctor. He means well in all he does. He is sometimes quick and to the point but if you ask questions he will explain with as much detail as you like. He has always treated me kindly. He was very concerned when we had our miscarriage and did several test to see if he could find a reason why it didn't work. ... Ask questions of you don't understand. He sometimes uses big words/terms and I would ask what they meant.
The clinic [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] has a great staff. They are always helpful and polite and compassionate. They go put of their way to help you if you need it. Sometimes they are quick to answer your questions so it is necessary to make sure you fully understand what they are saying. ... The nurses are sometimes quick tone point when you meet with them or talk on the phone. Make sure to ask questions so you know exactly what's going on with your cycle.
He is a great doctor. He means well in all he does. He is sometimes quick and to the point but if you ask questions he will explain with as much detail as you like. He has always treated me kindly. He was very concerned when we had our miscarriage and did several test to see if he could find a reason why it didn't work.
He is very warm hearted and wants everyone to be able to go home with a baby.
Don't remember specific details.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Jackie and Simone)
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic has a great staff. They are always helpful and polite and compassionate. They go put of their way to help you if you need it. Sometimes they are quick to answer your questions so it is necessary to make sure you fully understand what they are saying.
We had some insurance coverage so things were more affordable for us.
2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Dunaway is very knowledgeable and always seemed to be understanding with every obstacle we encountered. He knows us by name and I always feel like he truly cared on a personal level. We have done 3 IUIs with him and all have failed, with each failed attempt, he has come back with a different game plan.... We do ultrasound on day 2, letrozole on 3-7. Another ultrasound on CD 10 and IUI on CD15-17... Be open to his opinions, do your research, and don't be afraid to ask questions.
The staff [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] is amazing. They are quick to answer questions and always show compassion. The receptionist, Audrey, has come around the counter hugged and prayed with me. I can;t say enough good things about the staff.... Dr. Dunaway is very knowledgeable and always seemed to be understanding with every obstacle we encountered. He knows us by name and I always feel like he truly cared on a personal level. We have done 3 IUIs with him and all have failed, with each failed attempt, he has come back with a different game plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Simone)
The staff is amazing. They are quick to answer questions and always show compassion. The receptionist, Audrey, has come around the counter hugged and prayed with me. I can;t say enough good things about the staff.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
As a new patient I went in very prepared with a folder I made of all previous workups and tests. Dr. Dunaway immediately looked into my results and gave me a game plan from day one of meeting him. We talked about what I was/wasn't comfortable with and I left feeling confident.
iui-500 medicated cycle-885
Baton Rouge
Dr. Dunaway was a lifesaver. He did every test to figure out what was wrong with me- and he was incredibly confident in my treatment. I had never seen a male doctor before, and I instantly felt comfortable with him. His warm demeanor, years of knowledge and expertise, and sense of humor helped us get through the tough times. I would recommend him and his staff without hesitation.
$1100 each round of IUI with meds [at Fertility Institute of New Orelans]...Great staff. Friendly and warm. Make appointments ahead of time- be prepared. Didn’t have to wait long. Very efficient and professional. Loved everyone- Ms. Audrey was super sweet and kind. Ms. Angela (who took the blood) was the absolute best!!! She helped me feel calm and cared for...Absolutely loved Holly!!! So sweet and kind. Saw a couple of others at the office and they were all wonderful.
JUST GO.
Everyone always greeted me by name. Super kind and caring staff. Felt comfortable day 1.
Frequent blood tests to see my thyroid and prolactin from my tumor. Medicated cycles with trigger shots and IUIs. He gave us the option of IUIs, but we wanted to do them. Got pregnant on the second round.
$1100 each round of IUI with meds
Baton Rouge
I felt like he [Dr. Herber Dunaway] was very qualified and knew exactly what my issue was and how to treat me, but after my initial consultation I never saw him or heard from him...Weaknesses - not very face to face, doesn't explain the reasoning behind all of the treatment options. I felt like I was being pushed toward extremely aggressive treatment too early while being dismissive of my concerns...I did one cycle with oral medicine and times intercourse.
I felt like they [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] could have run more tests and diagnostics initially. I had to request certain procedures and blood work. They also didnt forward my paperwork to my new clinic...An oral medicine cycle cost $850. A treatment cycle with iui cost $1500...State of the art equipment and facilities. A lot of qualified doctors. Weaknesses are you definitely know that they have a ton of patients. The staff seem very busy. They do have good hours. I felt like they were in a rush to push people through lower cycles of treatment.
Strengths - experienced and qualified Weaknesses - not very face to face, doesn't explain the reasoning behind all of the treatment options. I felt like I was being pushed toward extremely aggressive treatment too early while being dismissive of my concerns
Ask a lot of questions
I felt like he was very qualified and knew exactly what my issue was and how to treat me, but after my initial consultation I never saw him or heard from him.
I did one cycle with oral medicine and times intercourse.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Good communicator in that they returned phone calls promptly. Could have had a better bedside manner and explained things more thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
An oral medicine cycle cost $850. A treatment cycle with iui cost $1500.
I did not do IVF
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
I felt like they could have run more tests and diagnostics initially. I had to request certain procedures and blood work. They also didnt forward my paperwork to my new clinic.
Baton Rouge
In the initial consultation Dr. Heber is personal yet honest. He never set false hope. His suggestions were guarded. He never performed any of the IUI’s because we utilized donor sperm. We went to the clinic in New Orleans for each procedure... Dr. Heber is a very practical doctor. He is learned and doesn’t take too many risks. His experience helps him offer the best choice for his patients. He was not aggressive with our treatment because we already knew our chances were minimal.
It’s like any doctors office, but the actual care is great. Expect bloodwork and ultrasounds at almost every appointment. Be candid with the nurses and doctors and give honest answers. How you respond to their questions may affect your treatment.... My nurse called me constantly. She answered any and all questions... It was roughly $2500 for each iui... He and his staff saw the hurt and cared for me like family
Tell him all of your concerns
He and his staff saw the hurt and cared for me like family
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
My nurse called me constantly. She answered any and all questions
It was roughly $2500 for each iui
Baton Rouge
He [Dr. Herber Dunaway] is funny and polite! Great bedside manner! He always had a smile on his face and is very welcoming! He never made ya uncomfortable for feel bad about our situation! He is wonderful to work with! Everything we have gone through so far has been smooth and easy, even when we haven’t got the results we were hoping for!... We have taken birth control and letrozole for a iui cycle and are starting injections of lupron now
Everything about this clinic [Fertility Institute of New Orleans-Baton Rouge] is amazing! This could communicate a little better but overall they are great! Everyone is very nice and really friendly! The office is very clean! You feel welcome from the moment you walk in!... The nursing staff was very friendly and helpful! They could communicate a little better with patients and what the next steps are
He is funny and polite! Great bedside manner! He always had a smile on his face and is very welcoming! He never made ya uncomfortable for feel bad about our situation! He is wonderful to work with! Everything we have gone through so far has been smooth and easy, even when we haven’t got the results we were hoping for!
Trust Dr. Dunaway and his staff! They are amazing!
The whole staff of friendly and caring
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Everything about this clinic is amazing! This could communicate a little better but overall they are great! Everyone is very nice and really friendly! The office is very clean! You feel welcome from the moment you walk in!
So far our total is around 11,900
None
Baton Rouge
The Doctor [Dr. Dunaway] wants to see everyone have a baby. He has worked very hard to do that for our family. The week we completed stims he stopped my wife taking one of her medications and we were freaking out a little. If he did not tell us to stop that medication then we would have had OHSS. We are glad to know that he was monitoring us that closely. We recently transferred out first embryo and still waiting to see if we carry the baby to full term.
The staff at The Fertility Institute has always been compassionate to our needs...They are almost like family you see them so much while completing IVF. We drive 90 mins both ways to see them...The Doctor [Dr. Dunaway] wants to see everyone have a baby. He has worked very hard to do that for our family. The week we completed stims he stopped my wife taking one of her medications and we were freaking out a little. If he did not tell us to stop that medication then we would have had OHSS. We are glad to know that he was monitoring us that closely.
The Doctor wants to see everyone have a baby. He has worked very hard to do that for our family. The week we completed stims he stopped my wife taking one of her medications and we were freaking out a little. If he did not tell us to stop that medication then we would have had OHSS. We are glad to know that he was monitoring us that closely. We recently transferred out first embryo and still waiting to see if we carry the baby to full term.
Don't be afraid to ask question if you don't understand.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
All of the staff personnel is very professional at this location. The staff is very compassionate. They are almost like family you see them so much while completing IVF. We drive 90 mins both ways to see them.
The insurance paid most of it.
Baton Rouge
He [Dr. Dunaway] explain very well what we have to do and what next. He on top with things. He get things in order and on a roll. He gave us some options of what we can do and what to do. I got a lot of people tell me he very good and thrust worthy of how to go with fertility. He sat their and explain what he think wrong.... He explain what we will probably have to do. I been trying to get pregnant for 9 years and can’t afford a ivf, and that what he said we probably have to do
They made us feel very welcome, kind and warmly. They [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] helped us with questions we had and explain things we asked... When u walk in the clinic u feel so welcome. The nurses very friendly and make u feel comfortable. They explain what is next and what to look forward to. They listen to you while u talk and answer with good advice.... $500 so far
He explain very well what we have to do and what next. He on top with things. He get things in order and on a roll. He gave us some options of what we can do and what to do. I got a lot of people tell me he very good and thrust worthy of how to go with fertility. He sat their and explain what he think wrong.
He explain things very good
They made us feel very welcome, kind and warmly. They helped us with questions we had and explain things we asked
$500 so far
Baton Rouge
My experience as a patient has been very personable. We are seeing dunaway for Invocell and I am completely confident in his work. He [Dr. Dunaway] was thorough about what we needed to do to get there and how we could get there....From the moment I walked into the office, my experience felt so personable. I felt like I was exactly where I needed to be....Let him do what he knows how to do and don't stress... We are currently going through Invocell process.
The clinic [Fert Inst of NO] is wonderful from the moment you walk in. Mrs. Audrey is a wonderful first face to see! They are quick to pull you back to your appointment and you always know exactly what you're in for for each appointment....The nursing staff and coordinators are AWESOME! They know my voice when I call and always deal with my constant questions!...They are very good with explaining what your out of cost will be up front
My experience as a patient has been very personable. We are seeing dunaway for Invocell and I am completely confident in his work. He was thorough about what we needed to do to get there and how we could get there.
Let him do what he knows how to do and don't stress ;)
We are currently going through Invocell process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Simone & Jackie)
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic is wonderful from the moment you walk in. Mrs. Audrey is a wonderful first face to see! They are quick to pull you back to your appointment and you always know exactly what you're in for for each appointment.
Our insurance covers infertility 90% up until diagnoses. They are very good with explaining what your out of cost will be up front

2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
He's [Dr. Dunaway] a wonderful doctor. Sometimes "too" enthusiastic but always honest. He performs every procedure and is very informative. Only negative is sometimes you feel a little mislead...He was enthusiastic yet realistic....We did long lupron protocol with 150 of each follistim and menopur. Also 10 units of lupron about a week prior. My amh is good, but we didn't get a ton of eggs...I would definitely recommend him to a friend...
Clean and organized clinic [Fertility Institute of New Orleans], but always a long ivf wait list...[Monitoring Appointments] Super organized and clean. State of the art facility...Jackie is wonderful. She has been doctor Dunaway's nurse for 30 years. The scheduling is always clear cut and always organized. She is always on top of her calls. Sometimes she sounds "sad" when she calls which freaks me out...He [Dr. Dunaway] performs every procedure and is very informative.
He's a wonderful doctor. Sometimes "too" enthusiastic but always honest. He performs every procedure and is very informative. Only negative is sometimes you feel a little mislead. I would definitely recommend him to a friend
Do your homework ahead of time. Be prepared with questions
He was enthusiastic yet realistic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Jackie )
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Clean and organized clinic, but always a long ivf wait list
Super organized and clean. State of the art facility
I have insurance coverage, so only $4000
Generally he is pro 2 embryo transfer
Baton Rouge

I felt that Dr. Dunaway was the first Dr. to look further than an unexplained diagnosis after 5 years and two prior doctors he found that I had stage 3 endometriosis and removed it, now planning to do IVF due to additional male factor with husband. I appreciate his thorough exploration of things before more time was wasted!...He is very personable but specific and to the point. He puts you at ease during procedure. Offers a personal viewpoint.
Patient scheduling [Fert Inst of NO- BR] very friendly....Nurses could be more friendly and sympathetic to patients with questions about processes....Very vague not compassionate or sympathetic...I felt that Dr. Dunaway was the first Dr. to look further than an unexplained diagnosis after 5 years and two prior doctors he found that I had stage 3 endometriosis and removed it, now planning to do IVF due to additional male factor with husband.
He is very personable but specific and to the point. He puts you at ease during procedure. Offers a personal viewpoint. Nurses could be more friendly and sympathetic to patients with questions about processes.
To write down any questions he will look over your questions with you
Laparoscopy to remove stage 3 endo & post op check up IVF consult Repeat semen analysis verified male factor infertility Recommended to do IVF/ICSI Began IVF work up sonogram /blood work /packet Will soon go back
Very vague not compassionate or sympathetic
Patient scheduling very friendly
2017, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Dunaway] was very friendly and he was able to diagnose my problem right away...so I had surgery...but he didnt explain well what he saw wrong with my tubes...just mentioned scarring after my recovery period...and when it was time for the actual iui's barely heard or got a response on how to proceed...He is a good doctor just not a good one for me
The clinic [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] is nice and the other staff members were very friendly. Kind if hard to get in for an appointment because of there popularity but spends a lot of time going over things in consultation. My surgery went well also...I hated the nurse she always had an attitude like I was bothering her I don't know if it was because she was pregnant or because I was gay but I didn't like her vibe and lack of communication and care so I went with another doctor
He was very friendly and he was able to diagnose my problem right away so I had surgery but he didnt explain well what he saw wrong with my tubes just mentioned scarring after my recovery period and when it was time for the actual iui's barely heard or got a response on how to proceed.
He is a good doctor just not a good one for me
Only to inform them when the start of your cycle was so they could schedule the sis
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic is nice and the other staff members were very friendly. Kind if hard to get in for an appointment because of there popularity but spends a lot of time going over things in consultation. My surgery went well also
My insurance covered most and I only paid copays and 1,000 toward my out of pocket as the doctor fee before surgery
Baton Rouge
He is a great Dr that is very determined to figure out what is going on in your body and to fix it in any way possible I left out being very positive when I went in very negative he also found the source of my bleeding and help to quickly stop it...He is a very good doctor that explains everything to you and is very determined to figure out what is going on and help fix it...The doctor and his staff are the best they will help you in any way possible to get you the family you always wanted they are very caring and loving people I will never go to another doctor I love Dr Dunaway
The doctor and his staff [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] are the best they will help you in any way possible to get you the family you always wanted they are very caring and loving people...[Nursing Staff] Everyone that works in his office is great...He [Dr. Dunaway] is a very good doctor that explains everything to you and is very determined to figure out what is going on and help fix it... I will never go to another doctor...You will not be sorry you went to him
You will not be sorry you went to him
Everyone that works in his office is great
Baton Rouge

I did an injectable IUI [with Dr. Herber Dunaway]. I used Letrozole, Menopur, Ganirelix, Pregynl, Estrace, and Endomentrin. After the normal three days of Menopur and Ganirelix, my follicles weren't as big as expected. I had two more days of each. My lining also wasn't a thick as he was wanting so I began Estrace (estrogen). I had a cyst that remained the same, but he said my bloodwork was still good and I ended up with two large follicles.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] seemed to just go through a routine like you were just another number. I did like that they call in the afternoon after speaking with the doctor and verified everything that was said after the monitoring visit. I feel like I didn't retain much so I'm glad they called...Detailed Semen Analysis= $265, Injectable Monitoring= $995 (bloodwork, ultrasounds), Insemination= $535... I asked for an Endometrial Scratch for an IUI and he said he hadn't done it for an IUI but he was willing to. The clinic isn't open on Saturdays so if you need a monitoring appointment or IUI on the weekend, it'll be at the Metairie clinic.
Dr. Dunaway has always treated me with respect. I have never felt like my PCOS would be a problem with treatment. He listened to my concerns and when i asked for something a little different, he listened and agreed.
Be honest with your concerns. Don't expect an immediate fix.
Dr. Dunaway has always been understanding and wants to help us make a baby. When he greeted us, I felt it was genuine. Sometimes I feel the nursing staff makes me feel like a number because they are just going through their normal protocol and rarely seems genuine or concerned.
I did an injectable IUI. I used Letrozole, Menopur, Ganirelix, Pregynl, Estrace, and Endomentrin. After the normal three days of Menopur and Ganirelix, my follicles weren't as big as expected. I had two more days of each. My lining also wasn't a thick as he was wanting so I began Estrace (estrogen). I had a cyst that remained the same, but he said my bloodwork was still good and I ended up with two large follicles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The nursing staff seemed to just go through a routine like you were just another number. I did like that they call in the afternoon after speaking with the doctor and verified everything that was said after the monitoring visit. I feel like I didn't retain much so I'm glad they called. I just didn't like feeling like just another patient. During my consultation, I did meet an older nurse that was super warm, genuine, and compassionate. I loved her.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I'm a fan of FINOBR mainly because of the success rates. Dunaway listens to what you want and won't push anything that you don't want. I asked for an Endometrial Scratch for an IUI and he said he hadn't done it for an IUI but he was willing to. The clinic isn't open on Saturdays so if you need a monitoring appointment or IUI on the weekend, it'll be at the Metairie clinic.
Baton Rouge

I truly believe [Dr. Herber Dunaway] wants to help each and every patient to get pregnant. He has a kind and warm spirit and is detailed and willing to give answers to all questions. I really wanted to have a follow-up call, but I haven't yet received one. I'm not sure if it's customary for their office to give one...I went through the InvoCell procedure. There were blood tests, ultrasounds, and low-dose hormone meds, etc...Ask everything you want to ask and bring something to write it down with/on.
They are very fast, efficient, and clean [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans]. The nurse who draws blood is amazing. I had some timely call-back issues in the beginning, but that seemed to work out toward the end of my treatment. I felt pressed/rushed through the process at times, and that gave me anxiety...I felt that the bedside manner of the nurses with whom I dealt with during the egg retrieval was amazing versus the bedside manner of the nurse I dealt with for the preliminary testing phase.
I truly believe Dr. Dunaway wants to help each and every patient to get pregnant. He has a kind and warm spirit and is detailed and willing to give answers to all questions. I really wanted to have a follow-up call, but I haven't yet received one. I'm not sure if it's customary for their office to give one.
Ask everything you want to ask and bring something to write it down with/on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: I saw Jackie and Simone/Holly.)
I felt a bit rushed in dealing with Jackie.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
They are very fast, efficient, and clean. The nurse who draws blood is amazing. I had some timely call-back issues in the beginning, but that seemed to work out toward the end of my treatment. I felt pressed/rushed through the process at times, and that gave me anxiety.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
I was told before my retrieval and Invocell implantation that my husband did not need to be present with his sample, but that I could bring it within an hour of collection from home, which worked out because my husband really needed to work that day. Upon examination, I was told that he really should've been there for another sample. I was instantly devastated and lost hope.