Acupuncture is not offered

4770 S I-10 Service Rd W
Metairie, LA 70001
3525 Prytania St
New Orleans, LA 70115

You can tell he [Dr. Clisham] is continuously studying even years into his career...always took the time to call me personally. Even if the nurse had already called and updated me, he would call sometimes at 8pm just to check in and explain things himself...He is so caring...explains everything thoroughly so that we understand both why he is suggesting certain treatments and then the risks/no risks involved in them. I always felt like he knew who I was and what was going on the second I spoke with him each call or visit. He called numerous times when he didn’t need to (because the nurse already had) to check in and explain things himself.
I just think in any situation like this, you need to advocate for yourself. I don’t think it’s a clinic fault. The staff [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] tries to explain things the best they know how but if you don’t ask specifics, they may just think you already know. Luckily the give tons of paperwork explaining everything which is nice to have to look over down the road...Dr. Clisham always took the time to call me personally. Even if the nurse had already called and updated me, he would call sometimes at 8pm just to check in and explain things himself.
How was your experience with Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
He is so caring that’s the easiest way I can put it. He always explains everything thoroughly so that we understand both why he is suggesting certain treatments and then the risks/no risks involved in them. I always felt like he knew who I was and what was going on the second I spoke with him each call or visit. He called numerous times when he didn’t need to (because the nurse already had) to check in and explain things himself.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Listen to him! You can tell he is continuously studying even years into his career
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I just think in any situation like this, you need to advocate for yourself. I don’t think it’s a clinic fault. The staff tries to explain things the best they know how but if you don’t ask specifics, they may just think you already know. Luckily the give tons of paperwork explaining everything which is nice to have to look over down the road.
Paul Clisham
New Orleans

Dr. Lu is a very kind, knowledgeable man. He treated me with compassion and concern. I never left his office with a question or feeling unsure or doubtful about the next steps. He kept me informed every step of the way.... He really cares for me and wants me to become pregnant. He even personally called me on a Saturday with results.... We used menopur and follistim. I was skeptical of menopur due to a cancelled cycle so we did less menopur and more follistim but he explained the need for both medications. I trust him.
Clinic's strengths [Fertility Institute of New Orleans- NO] - communication, concern, great location. Great doctors and nurses. Knowledgeable staff who genuinely cares for their patients. Weaknesses - The staff who did the retrieval downstairs was not as friendly. I asked for anti nausea meds. They forgot then blamed it on me to Dr. Lu... Usually took an hour to get monitored Bloodwork was always very quick but ultrasound took a long time.
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Be open minded to his ideas. He knows what he is doing.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe the protocols Peter Lu used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
strengths- would always call back and with answers weakness - sometimes it took a while for her to call back
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Clinic's strengths - communication, concern, great location. Great doctors and nurses. Knowledgeable staff who genuinely cares for their patients. Weaknesses - The staff who did the retrieval downstairs was not as friendly. I asked for anti nausea meds. They forgot then blamed it on me to Dr. Lu
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
$12,000 for IVF
New Orleans

He is an old school doctor [Dr. Ron Clisham] and lets you know percentage wise how possible the options are. He is knowledgeable maybe not on the most recent trends like mucinex,pineapple and aspirin. He was on vacation for a conference to increase his knowledge base...He confused me with other patients a lot when he returned or made phone calls...We started with a small dose of clomid and my eggs did not get big fast enough so we cancelled the follistim but you have to buy it in advance and it is not cheap. We decided to do the hcg trigger shot because my eggs eventually grew bigger. Ultrasounds every 3 days and either sex or iui when the blood work signaled.
You cannot start [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] until the genetic screen is done and it’s not always covered under insurance and it’s quite expensive....They have numerous specialists but the wait time is long. I am never there less than an hour even for an ultrasound or blood work. They were a little unorganized, I went for blood work one day and they stated I needed two tests and the order only said one. ...Over $1,300 for clomid with monitoring and hcg trigger shot...
He is an old school doctor and lets you know percentage wise how possible the options are. He is knowledgeable maybe not on the most recent trends like mucinex,pineapple and aspirin. He was on vacation for a conference to increase his knowledge base.
Speak up for what you want.
He confused me with other patients a lot when he returned or made phone calls.
Describe the protocols Paul Clisham used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
They have numerous specialists but the wait time is long. I am never there less than an hour even for an ultrasound or blood work. They were a little unorganized, I went for blood work one day and they stated I needed two tests and the order only said one. My house stand went for blood work and we were there over an hour. You cannot start until the genetic screen is done and it’s not always covered under insurance and it’s quite expensive.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Costs for doctor visits, blood work, ultrasounds, drugs. Over $1,300 for clomid with monitoring and hcg trigger shot.
Paul Clisham

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Taylor was knowledgeable and he presented the information to me for me to understand and not in Doctor's terms. He was patient and allowed me to ask all the questions I needed with no rush. He made sure I was comfortable before I left the office.... With my tubal blockage, he did not want to perform surgery as another doctor did. He wanted to start on medication to stimulate my eggs.... Dr. Taylor was delicate but upfront with my diagnosis
I did not wait a long time for appointments, was not rushed. I didn't feel like a number. The staff [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] was very helpful, very pleasant environment, compassionate. I can't think of any weakness at all.... The nursing staff was awesome. They were compassionate, helpful and overly excited about going through this journey with me.... Dr. Taylor was passionate about his job and helping couples feel as comfortable as they can in a delicate situation.
How was your experience with Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Taylor was delicate but upfront with my diagnosis and the steps that I will need to further my plans on having a baby. He took his time and did not rush me when I had questions about what was going on with my body.
Describe the protocols Steven Taylor used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I did not wait a long time for appointments, was not rushed. I didn't feel like a number. The staff was very helpful, very pleasant environment, compassionate. I can't think of any weakness at all.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Steven Taylor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Consultation fees, lab and xray fees.
Describe Steven Taylor's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Advised me that a single embryo transfer is sufficient
Steven Taylor

2011 - 2015, Unsuccessful
After 4 miscarriages [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans, under Dr. Taylor's care], tests that should have been done were not. They figured we had bad luck. After seeing a different doctor at a different clinic and getting answers I realized I wasted a lot of time and money in this clinic
The staff [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] shuffles people in and sometimes there is a very long wait even when you have an appointment scheduled. Several occasions I received calls from nurses who didn't even bother to look in my chart for specifics. Most times they could not answer my questions and I always felt very rushed
After 4 miscarriages, tests that should have been done were not. They figured we had bad luck. After seeing a different doctor at a different clinic and getting answers I realized I wasted a lot of time and money in this clinic
Don't go here. There is a better, more compassionate clinic in the area.
The staff never remembered my name, with the exception of two ultrasound techs. They shuffle people like cattle in and out of the office. Every visit was standard, blood and ultra sound. Even if you didn't need it
The staff shuffles people in and sometimes there is a very long wait even when you have an appointment scheduled. Several occasions I received calls from nurses who didn't even bother to look in my chart for specifics. Most times they could not answer my questions and I always felt very rushed
Pick a different clinic
We spent over $8,000 and got zero answers
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Steven Taylor
2015, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Peter Lu] is research driven & positive. He is not a firm believer in alternative therapies, sich as herbs & supplements, but he's also not against trying them. He seemed to understand our desire for having another child & seemed hopeful but also realistic that there's no exact science for treating infertility. His bedside manner is efficient and knowledgeable, backed up by statistics and information, but he did not appear well-versed or particularly supportive of additional alternative resources (accupuncture, diet, growth hormone, etc.) to utilize in addition to the typical injection protocol.
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
He is research driven & positive. He is not a firm believer in alternative therapies, sich as herbs & supplements, but he's also not against trying them. He seemed to understand our desire for having another child & seemed hopeful but also realistic that there's no exact science for treating infertility. His bedside manner is efficient and knowledgeable, backed up by statistics and information, but he did not appear well-versed or particularly supportive of additional alternative resources (accupuncture, diet, growth hormone, etc.) to utilize in addition to the typical injection protocol.
Ask him for information about why he does not subscribe to alternative supplemental therapies to enhance fertility treatments.
He seemed very research driven, but he also articulated & echoed our reasons for wanting another child after havibg had one easily & naturally earlier.
Expensive!
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
New Orleans

Dr. Lu is a good doctor. He explains things scientifically and I felt like he did want us to conceive. It is important to ask question along the process to make sense of a lot of complicated information. He will answer your questions and make sure you understand the course of action and next steps....The strategy for me was injection medications. I was not receptive to Clomid....I was always able to make an appointment at my time period of preference.
Very easy to schedule appointments [at Fert Inst of NO], but the parking lot filled up fast. I was always able to make an appointment at my time period of preference. The staff was friendly and quick. I never waited very long in the waiting room before I was seen...[Nursing staff] The were caring and thorough, but at times I felt had a lot of patients and things felt rushed....[treatment costs] around 15,000...Dr. Lu is a good doctor. He explains things scientifically and I felt like he did want us to conceive.
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
The strategy for me was injection medications. I was not receptive to Clomid.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Very easy to schedule appointments, but the parking lot filled up fast. I was always able to make an appointment at my time period of preference. The staff was friendly and quick. I never waited very long in the waiting room before I was seen.
around 15,000
2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Was in contact with her [Dr Sissy Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleands] or or nurse constantly. She called me personally at times. When we found out that no eggs were produced to received, she sat us down and talked to us in a caring voice and what our options are....I loved how she described the process what it looks like for us and the next steps in going forward.
How was your experience with Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Was in contact with her or or nurse constantly. She called me personally at times. When we found out that no eggs were produced to received, she sat us down and talked to us in a caring voice and what our options are.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
flat fee
Belinda "Sissy" Sartor
New Orleans

FINO is an efficient, innovative and well oiled machine...There wasn't as much warmth and hand holding at FINO...She [Dr. Belinda Sissy Sartor] put me on vitamin d immediately and low dose aspirin prior to the egg retrieval. After the egg retrieval, we did an ERA test (since I had 2 miscarriages and 1 chemical pregnancy previously). The test added 1 more day of PIO before transfer. Before transfer, she had me take estrace pills vaginally 3 times a day, and I used 4 estradiol patches twice a week. I took 2 ml of PIO from the week before the transfer until I began weaning at 9 weeks pregnant...She was very candid with us on our chances of success after having 1 live birth, 2 miscarriages and 1 chemical pregnancy over the past 3 years. She gave it 40% and did not sugar coat. After we became pregnant, she became friendlier.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
She tells you like it is.
There wasn't as much warmth and hand holding at FINO as there was at Audubon, but it was efficiently run.
Describe the protocols Belinda "Sissy" Sartor used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
She put me on vitamin d immediately and low dose aspirin prior to the egg retrieval. After the egg retrieval, we did an ERA test (since I had 2 miscarriages and 1 chemical pregnancy previously). The test added 1 more day of PIO before transfer. Before transfer, she had me take estrace pills vaginally 3 times a day, and I used 4 estradiol patches twice a week. I took 2 ml of PIO from the week before the transfer until I began weaning at 9 weeks pregnant.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
FINO is an efficient, innovative and well oiled machine. It is not a warm and caring environment like Audubon is, but I am very happy with the results. I would highly recommend both clinics. Definitely get a 2nd opinion if you have tried and failed and want another set of eyes looking at your case.
Belinda "Sissy" Sartor