Acupuncture is not offered

Metairie, LA 70001
3525 Prytania St
New Orleans, LA 70115

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. clisham is very attentive. He performs all his own procedures and is present every step of the way. He calls me personally with all lab reports and takes the time to explain every step of the way and answer any questions. He is patient, kind, thoughtful and genuinely cares about his patients...He has discussed with my husband and I that should we move forward with IVF he will only transfer 1 embryo at a time but that the payment for the procedure covers two transfers in case the first is not successful
Approx 1700 per cycle and then there are additional charges for meds etc...It’s extremely cold in the [FINO] clinic. Bring a sweater, socks…etc to stay warm while in the waiting room and during your procedure. Parking is often difficult and the lot is often full. Arrive early for your appointment...They are all very kind, friendly, and thoughtful
How was your experience with Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Clisham is fantastic. He is great at explaining the process, educating his patients, and answering any and all questions. He is present for and performs all procedures himself for his patients. I saw him for every visit I had with him. He personally called my husband and I to explain every lab result. He has a hands on approach that makes his patients feel like people not numbers.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Be ready for the truth
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe the protocols Paul Clisham used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
I had a history of OHSS and he was very thoughtful with my treatment to ensure that I did not experience OHSS that resulted in miscarriage again. While in treatment, he checked on me frequently and had a very hands on approach to ensure he was getting the desired results
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
They are all very kind, friendly, and thoughtful
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
It’s extremely cold in the clinic. Bring a sweater, socks…etc to stay warm while in the waiting room and during your procedure. Parking is often difficult and the lot is often full. Arrive early for your appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Paul Clisham at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Approx 1700 per cycle and then there are additional charges for meds etc.
Describe Paul Clisham's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
On one or two occasions I have had to call back and follow up on results when the nurses have failed to do so or have not returned my calls. But these instances are very few.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Huber and his staff make it a point to know each of their patients...I've done (4) IUIs with Dr. Huber. We tweaked the meds for each cycle to help give us the best chance with the next one. After our first failed FET, he suggested testing that would help us get it right the next time. We never felt pressured to do anything. In fact, we felt relieved he was such a supporter of our decisions....
I love everything about the clinic [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] except for the patient portal. It's not the most user-friendly platform. There is an app you can download but that seems worse than the website. It's not terrible and gets the job done. It's just not the best...all the nurses in the clinic are amazing. They share the same sentiment as Dr. Huber and make us feel like family. They want to know how our weekend was or what we have planned next. It's never just strictly business. they want to know and help us as people...
How was your experience with Warren “Jay” Huber III at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Huber genuinely cares for his patients. He wants to get to know you as a person, not just another number. He cheers in our successes and he cries in our heartaches. He has a way of explaining each step so that we understanding what's happening. We never feel rushed or forgotten while in his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Warren “Jay” Huber III at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Don't be afraid to tell him you don't understand. He started explaining things to us in football terms because that what we understood. He wants to make sure you are always comfortable with whatever decision is being made. You cannot go wrong with him.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Warren “Jay” Huber III at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Huber and his staff make it a point to know each of their patients. He remembers candid conversations we held from previous visits. He's genuinely concerned with our well-being. Our heartaches are his heartaches. He makes us feel seen and understood in a journey that is less than ideal.
Describe the protocols Warren “Jay” Huber III used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
I talk to Alyssa the most, but all the nurses in the clinic are amazing. They share the same sentiment as Dr. Huber and make us feel like family. They want to know how our weekend was or what we have planned next. It's never just strictly business. they want to know and help us as people.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I love everything about the clinic except for the patient portal. It's not the most user-friendly platform. There is an app you can download but that seems worse than the website. It's not terrible and gets the job done. It's just not the best.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Warren “Jay” Huber III at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I've been in treatment with Dr. Huber for almost a year and a half. The costs depend on the procedures/protocols of each cycle.

2022, Unknown Success
[he] is an extremely knowledgable fertility physician...We have had recurrent miscarriages. Dr. Dunaway has provided a full workup with blood testing and ultrasounds to get to the bottom of the cause...His bedside manner and his ability to help my husband and I understand our medical problems are his best qualities. He listens to our questions and answers with compassion and clarity. We always leave our appointments with a clear plan for the future and we leave feeling hopeful, which is very hard to do when you're dealing with the personal battle of infertility.
All of the [FINO] nursing staff is wonderful. They are kind and compassionate. They answer my questions clearly and quickly. I feel better heard and cared for by them...The clinic is clean and feels very comfortable and private. The ultrasound and lab is within the same vicinity so there's no waiting in multiple waiting rooms. The nursing staff and front desk personnel are so professional, personable and helpful.
How was your experience with Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Dunaway is an extremely knowledgable fertility physician. But, this is not my favorite thing about him. His bedside manner and his ability to help my husband and I understand our medical problems are his best qualities. He listens to our questions and answers with compassion and clarity. We always leave our appointments with a clear plan for the future and we leave feeling hopeful, which is very hard to do when you're dealing with the personal battle of infertility.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Bring your questions and your concerns and be prepared for Dr. Dunaway to answer and listen intently. He will be able to provide you with a clear plan going forward and make you feel cared for and comfortable
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Dunaway and his staff see patients with infertility all day, every day. Yet, every time I interact with them, they make me feel like my problems are of utmost importance and they work to make me feel listened to and cared for. I can't thank them enough for the compassion they've shown me.
Describe the protocols Heber Dunaway used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
We have had recurrent miscarriages. Dr. Dunaway has provided a full workup with blood testing and ultrasounds to get to the bottom of the cause. Although there has been no cause discovered yet, we are continuing to try to conceive. He has provided a clear plan going forward including progesterone supplementation, and, if miscarriage should happen again, d&c with genetic testing. Should genetic testing be abnormal, we plan to do IVF and feel comfortable with him leading us through that.
All of the nursing staff is wonderful. They are kind and compassionate. They answer my questions clearly and quickly. I feel better heard and cared for by them
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic is great, from the physical building, to the people that work in it. The clinic is clean and feels very comfortable and private. The ultrasound and lab is within the same vicinity so there's no waiting in multiple waiting rooms. The nursing staff and front desk personnel are so professional, personable and helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Heber Dunaway at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Affordable
2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr Lu is a great doctor - His end goal is getting you pregnant by means of treatment with the best odds, but this sometimes made me feel pressured into treatment I wasn’t prepared for. I feel jumping into IVF isn’t the right next step for me until we figure out why I keep losing pregnancies...very forthcoming with information. He uses a lot of statistics in his approach...
They [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] are extremely easy to get an appointment with. I was very pleasantly surprised to get an appointment as quickly as I did. They have ultrasound and labs on-site to make every appointment extremely easy. They are also very quick to report results from testing....The nursing staff is so wonderful at FINO. They are extremely compassionate and make sure every question is answered at each visit.
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr Lu is a wonderful doctor for anyone with “traditional” fertility issues such as low AMH, male factor infertility, etc. He was hesitant to look into newer research for recurrent loss in my case. If you want to try experimental/newer treatment perhaps a different doctor might be the way to go.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr Lu was very forthcoming with information. He uses a lot of statistics in his approach.
Describe the protocols Peter Lu used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
I did 2 cycles of Letrozole (2.5mg) with timed intercourse and oral progesterone supplements. The first was not successful but the second resulted in a positive pregnancy test but ended in an early loss. For the third cycle, we used Follistim injections, timed intercourse and progesterone suppositories. That cycle resulted in a positive pregnancy test but again an early loss.
The nursing staff is so wonderful at FINO. They are extremely compassionate and make sure every question is answered at each visit. I loved 2 nurses - Paige and Wendy, but really every single one was great.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I have been so happy with the care of FINO as a whole. They are extremely easy to get an appointment with. I was very pleasantly surprised to get an appointment as quickly as I did. They have ultrasound and labs on-site to make every appointment extremely easy. They are also very quick to report results from testing which is so nice considering the stress you are already feeling going through this process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I have no fertility coverage - medicated cycles with oral medications were $900 + the cost of meds paid upfront at the cycle start and medicated cycles with injectable meds were $1395 + the cost of meds paid upfront. Additional testing is not included in those costs - Karyotyping was an additional $500 for my husband and I and an ERA with monitoring was $1500.
Describe Peter Lu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Clisham was great at the beginning of the treatment plan. He explained everything in detail to me. During the course of treatment, I asked him to be more involved during the nursing instructions because I was getting confusing information. At one point towards the end of my time at the clinic, Dr. Clisham accused me of having a "pity party" after I was voicing to him my concerns about the nurses mistreatment to me. This drove a wedge between the doctor-patient relationship and lead me to seek care elsewhere.
[Fertility Institute of New Orleans is] Always disorganized. Never answers the phone. Calls back and leaves messages that are not in align with the plan. Does not communicate with doctor about plan. Rude to me in the clinic. On multiple occasions accused me of doing something wrong in the planning or not being "available enough" to schedule things...the clinic is so poorly run that it is impossible to feel like you have support when you go to this clinic. Feeling supported makes a huge difference!
Go to another clinic. Dr. Clisham means well most of the time, but the clinic is so poorly run that it is impossible to feel like you have support when you go to this clinic. Feeling supported makes a huge difference!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Ashley and Eve)
Always disorganized. Never answers the phone. Calls back and leaves messages that are not in align with the plan. Does not communicate with doctor about plan. Rude to me in the clinic. On multiple occasions accused me of doing something wrong in the planning or not being "available enough" to schedule things. Told me I had to get a Lupron shot because she mixed it up already, when I wanted to speak to the doctor first about the timing of the injection since it lasted 1 month. Told me I needed to send in screen shots of my conversation with the doctor so they can had the plans on record. Isn't that what the office is for? For nurses and doctors to communicate about the plans?
>$35,000
He only offered to transfer 1 embryo at a time
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Not helpful in getting some insurance-approved medications approved. I had to spend hours on the phone with insurance companies for approvals just to then hear them tell me they had not received an approval from the doctor yet.
Metairie

We decided to take Dr. Huber's advice to transfer both embryos, since my body is a better incubator than in the laboratory. At this point in our journey, that made more sense to me as well...He was present for many of the ultrasounds to have immediate information for himself, and able to provide us an explanation of the results. He was VERY professional, but also was on a level for us to feel comfortable with him. He always took as much time as we needed, and never felt rushed!... thought outside the box, and had many "options" for another cycle; if one thing wasn't working, he'd go to Plan B, etc. We had not experience that in the previous two years of IVF cycles. We knew right away we needed his energy and expertise that not everyone fits inside the same box. An
I had one primary IVF RN coordinator throughout my process [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans]. She was VERY educated with the IVF process, medication, and able to explain things to us well. I don't feel like I was provided information on my lab results, like I should have been. I usually had to ask for the information, and learned that along the way...I had to remind them to test my thyroid, and ask if I still needed to stay on medication...In total of all of our medications and 6 rounds of IVF, we spend over $100,000, all out of pocket. Each cycle was a different cost, discussed with the finance department. Our first cycle was the most expensive, about $20,000. Each cycle, our meds cost between $5-8,000.00
We felt at ease with him immediately. We went for a consult with Dr Huber, after having minimal success with another Dr. Dr. Huber thought outside the box, and had many "options" for another cycle; if one thing wasn't working, he'd go to Plan B, etc. We had not experience that in the previous two years of IVF cycles. We knew right away we needed his energy and expertise that not everyone fits inside the same box. And it worked! We are forever grateful for his willingness to try something new with us. I really do not have anything negative to say about Dr. Huber. I continue to occasionally contact him with updates of my pregnancy even though we have graduated from our fertility clinic, and he seems genuinely happy for us.
This was the third fertility doctor we had consulted/worked with during our 2.5 years of IVF cycles. He had the most "fire" within him and really take everything in our case into consideration. I think all of the doctors are good and have passion for what they do, but he seemed to take it one step farther. He was always referencing studies and the latest research. My advice would be: If you have any doubt about him, consult with another dr and you'll see the difference, like we did. We wished we would have changed sooner.
Dr. Huber always called us by our names, wasn't looking on our chart to remember my name, was ALWAYS there for us, having empathy of what we are going through, an AMAZING passion to be successful for us, and really wanted to be involved in our case. He was present for many of the ultrasounds to have immediate information for himself, and able to provide us an explanation of the results. He was VERY professional, but also was on a level for us to feel comfortable with him. He always took as much time as we needed, and never felt rushed!
I can't remember all the specifics, but I think we have 4 "plans." If one wasnt working, we would go with another one, etc, etc. He had a master plan for everything. He explained it easy for us to understand and always answered all of our questions. He always had a good rationale to his strategy. With our previous dr., we only had one plan. I felt more comfortable that if something wasnt working with the original plan, we had some backup plans.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
I had one primary IVF RN coordinator throughout my process. She was VERY educated with the IVF process, medication, and able to explain things to us well. I don't feel like I was provided information on my lab results, like I should have been. I usually had to ask for the information, and learned that along the way. I also dont feel like I was always told an accurate account of how my cycle was going. Beside the IVF coordinator, I felt like the other nurses treated it just like a business. My emotions ran high being there and going through this, and I just dont think I got the compassion I needed there from them.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I think the clinic has an overall good reputation. I REALLY liked the lab where I had my egg retrieval and transfer. They had so much compassion and were very kind!!! I received phone calls with results in a very timely manner. Some things were explained well, other things were not. You had to know the right questions to ask, but you didnt always know the questions to ask. I am glad I started taking notes of each visit, so I could reference it if needed. The bills that they sent me in the mail were AWFUL, explaining why I owed more money. I know this sounds stupid, but we paid everything out of pocket, over $100,000, and I felt like the cashier/check out person had no sensitivity of the costs, and understanding the emotions of spending so much money. I just did not have a good experience with her. I felt rushed and not explained my bills when she said I owed extra money. Overall, I was satisfied with the clinic, minus the compassion and explaining things well.
Describe Warren “Jay” Huber III's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.

2019 - 2020, Consult
After meeting with Dr. Lu for the first time, my husband and I felt immediately at home. Our first consultation with him lasted for over an hour. Dr. Lu explained everything in great detail and never once made us feel rushed...made sure we felt comfortable before leaving his office...is a numbers guy. From the moment we stepped into his office he had a very detailed plan of how our second round of IVF would go. Dr. Lu sat my husband and I down for over an hour and explained in great detail every step he would take and every change he would make to our treatment plan. Dr. Lu reminded me repeatedly that he had my best inte
Mrs. Mary [nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] has been absolutely wonderful. She replies to my emails and calls in a timely matter and covered in great detail everything we needed to know about our upcoming IVF cycle...The totally cost of a complete IVF cycle with FINO is a little more expense than our previous clinic. Our previous clinic cost roughly $16k whereas FINO will run us around $21K...Short waiting times, excellent communication between staff and patients, and a warm, welcoming environment. We are very happy to be a part of FINO.
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Lu is a numbers guy. From the moment we stepped into his office he had a very detailed plan of how our second round of IVF would go. Dr. Lu sat my husband and I down for over an hour and explained in great detail every step he would take and every change he would make to our treatment plan. Dr. Lu reminded me repeatedly that he had my best interest in heart and that the recommendations he gave to me he would also give to his family member.
Write everything down before going to your appointment. Dr. Lu will cover any questions you have while also providing statistics. Just make sure you remember everything you wanted to ask.
After meeting with Dr. Lu for the first time, my husband and I felt immediately at home. Our first consultation with him lasted for over an hour. Dr. Lu explained everything in great detail and never once made us feel rushed. Dr. Lu answered every question in great detail and made sure we felt comfortable before leaving his office.
Unfortunately, due to COVID-19, we were unable to move forward with our second IVF cycle. Our first IVF cycle in 2019 resulted in 2 PGS normal embryos from a different clinic. Our first FET resulted in a miscarriage at 6 weeks and the second was a failed implantation. Dr. Lu went over a different strategy and medication protocol he would like to try when we are able to continue with our next IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Mary)
Mrs. Mary has been absolutely wonderful. She replies to my emails and calls in a timely matter and covered in great detail everything we needed to know about our upcoming IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I have not had any issues with our new clinic at all. Short waiting times, excellent communication between staff and patients, and a warm, welcoming environment. We are very happy to be a part of FINO.
Dr. Lu strong believes in single embryo transfers and we have no objection to that.
New Orleans

Dr.Lu made the process as painless as possible. He always explained everything in detail including the risks and the chances of success...the first thing I did with him was IUI twice with injections including gonal-f, cetrotide, and trigger shot. I did not have success with either, but my body did respond more positively with the second round of IUI...
If I asked questions, they [nurse of Fertility Institute of New Orleans] would always answer them, but sometimes I felt like they could’ve explained things a little better...Overall everyone at the clinic is very nice...It was about $1100 per IUI cycle for monitoring $525 per IUI The HSG was about $800 Initial consult was about $100-$200 They charge you 2.5% service fee for using credit cards which sucks when that’s the only way you can afford to do fertility treatments
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr.Lu made the process as painless as possible. He always explained everything in detail including the risks and the chances of success. I do wish I could have seen him more than just at the initial visit and the IUI day.
Be patient. Be open minded.
I felt like a human because he took the time to talk about my treatment plan and options. He always broke down everything in terms I could understand. I never felt rushed when talking to him. He genuinely wants to see his patients have success.
I did clomid with my obgyn before meeting with Dr.Lu so the first thing I did with him was IUI twice with injections including gonal-f, cetrotide, and trigger shot. I did not have success with either, but my body did respond more positively with the second round of IUI. He diagnosed me with moderate PCOS. I have not been able to do a third cycle of IUI due to COVID-19 but plan to when the clinic reopens.
The nurses will helpful. Sometimes I felt rushed and wanted more clarification. If I asked questions, they would always answer them, but sometimes I felt like they could’ve explained things a little better. They were always kind though.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Overall everyone at the clinic is very nice. Holly who always did my ultrasounds was amazing and super sweet. She remembered details about you and made the process as painless as possible. I always appreciated her compassion. The ladies who work the front desk area are also wonderful. They remembered me personally and were always nice.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
A couple days before my IUI I met with my nurse as usual and told her I needed a prescription of progesterone called in for my IUI day. She said she would get it taken care. I called my pharmacy the day before my IUI and they said they never received it. I was able to get a prescription on the day of my IUI though so it wasn’t a big deal.
Metairie

he [Dr.Heber Dunaway] really listened to my concerns and my dreams of a family...He work hard to find what treatment would best fit me and explained why. He put me on a course to better my overall health help me start my journey...The treatment that Dr. Dunaway was going to start me on before an unfortunate set back with finances and the pandemic was for me to begging injections of hormones to have my body ovulate
[nurses of Fertility Institute of NO were] Compassionate but not thorough... All testing and consults were very private and I felt comfortable speaking with all the staff...My insurance did cover the consult but all treatment will be out of pocket and cost anywhere from $4000 to $8000 or more depending on my bodies response...[new patient advise] Know all of your history, medications, treatments, and results of all testing
Dr. Dunaway pulled me out of a dark hole after I was taken advantage of by another “fertility specialist”. I felt like I was going backwards and he really listened to my concerns and my dreams of a family! He work hard to find what treatment would best fit me and explained why. He put me on a course to better my overall health help me start my journey to a family and I am grateful I can’t wait to see where this will take my family!!
Know all of your history, medications, treatments, and results of all testing
I felt like a human because my treatment isn’t just to help me get pregnant or start a family it was to get me healthy as well.
The treatment that Dr. Dunaway was going to start me on before an unfortunate set back with finances and the pandemic was for me to begging injections of hormones to have my body ovulate and the timed intercourse.
Compassionate but not thorough.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
It was very welcoming environment I never felt uneasy or uncomfortable! All testing and consults were very private and I felt comfortable speaking with all the staff! It was easy to get to and no waiting with a ton of people all staring at you. It was a very calming environment.
Most fertility is not cover by your insurance because it is considered “elective” which is a whole other problem. My insurance did cover the consult but all treatment will be out of pocket and cost anywhere from $4000 to $8000 or more depending on my bodies response.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
There was a time that information about my upcoming treatment was given with the wrong medication information.

2017 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Dunaway was very caring and knowledgeable...He gives you facts about whether you will be able to conceive or not...Our first IUI included letrazol and pregnyl. The second IUI included letrazol, pregnyl, and injectables...Both treatments were used to help me produce quality eggs. The last treatment with injectables were used to make me produce multiple eggs..
[nurse of Fertility Institute of New Orleans] She answered all of my questions throughout the process...Parking is near the building. Everyone in the office is friendly. If you have a lab appointment for bloodwork and/or and ultrasound and you need to get out quickly, make sure you are there for 7am to be the first patient for 730 am...The first iui procedure was about $1400. The second iui was a little more expensive because I used injectables and had to be monitored more often
Dr. Dunaway has been my doctor for years. He’s knowledgeable and easy to talk to. He gives you facts about whether you will be able to conceive or not. I appreciated his honesty. Although we didn’t conceive, I was happy to go through the process with this doctor.
Make sure to come with all of your questions prepared.
Dr. Dunaway was very caring and knowledgeable.
Our first IUI included letrazol and pregnyl. The second IUI included letrazol, pregnyl, and injectables. Due to our age, Dr. Dunaway said he would do two IUI treatments but thought we should go straight to IVF because we would have a better chance. Both treatments were used to help me produce quality eggs. The last treatment with injectables were used to make me produce multiple eggs. Neither of the IUIs produced a pregnancy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Kallen )
Kallen is very sweet and compassionate. She answered all of my questions throughout the process.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic is clean and easily accessible. Parking is near the building. Everyone in the office is friendly. If you have a lab appointment for bloodwork and/or and ultrasound and you need to get out quickly, make sure you are there for 7am to be the first patient for 730 am.
The first iui procedure was about $1400. The second iui was a little more expensive because I used injectables and had to be monitored more often. That procedure altogether was about $1600.
Describe Heber Dunaway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
During my last IUI, one of my eggs was 18. Not very big but we continued with the IUI a few days later. I wish it was a larger size before my IUI. I don’t know if this is the reason I didn’t conceive or if it wasn’t my time to get pregnant.
Baton Rouge

The Mandeville clinic [of Fertility Institute of New Orleans] is spacious, nurses are great, and the doctor's care and really are informative and compassionate. Weaknesses would just be availability of Dr. Lu being in the Mandeville location versus Metairie can sometimes be inconvenient....First consultation and bloodwork + ultrasounds were $700 (this included genetic chromosonal testing for my husband). HSG test was $675. Post coital test, bloodwork, HCG shot + consultation was $450.
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Lu had always explained a lot of scenarios and circumstances in the form of statistics. This helped my husband, a very logical man that enjoys facts, to understand how to process certain decisions we needed to make. I also know that he would always answer any questions we had openly and candidly, and I appreciated it so much. His bedside manner was pretty good, but I also know that sometimes we weren't ready for certain procedures, and he was very eager to do them than we were at times. That's the only conflict of any kind that had arose.
If you want to fully understand your options, Dr. Lu will line it out very well. Also don't be afraid to ask for time to think about it and process all the statistics he provides before making these big decisions.
I feel like Dr. Lu was very excited and painted the best picture of what the process would look like. Sometimes it may be more so the nurses or other staff that can tend to give a vibe of being more like a number, when it seems like it is more routine for them and a bit less personal in their interactions.
Dr. Lu had first tried a trigger shot and nothing else to see if my mature follicles would mature and fertilize naturally, they did not. After that he had me on Letrozole 2.5mg paired with a trigger resulting in negative pregnancy teset. Then the next cycle 5mg of Letrozole with no trigger, resulting in a negative pregnancy test. And lastly the next cycle after that 7.5mg of Letrozole + trigger + IUI, which resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
I would generally just say that I liked Eve, Sadie, and the lab lady in the Mandeville location. But I was never fond of having to go to the Metairie office whenever I needed to go there because that is where Dr. Lu was on that particular, because he works out of Mandeville and Metairie on certain days of the week. I didn't like the staff in Metairie, they were kinda in a rush, and at the end of the day they complained a lot around the nurses station, and you could so hear it from the patient's room.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The Mandeville clinic is spacious, nurses are great, and the doctor's care and really are informative and compassionate. Weaknesses would just be availability of Dr. Lu being in the Mandeville location versus Metairie can sometimes be inconvenient. .
First consultation and bloodwork + ultrasounds were $700 (this included genetic chromosonal testing for my husband). HSG test was $675. Post coital test, bloodwork, HCG shot + consultation was $450. Flat fee for monitored cycle with oral medication was $875. And our IUI which was done on a weekend so it was slightly higher than a weekday was $550.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Dunaway made me feel seen, he knew my name, he knew my case, he cared...He is well educated and keeps me up to date on current literature regarding fertility treatments, etc...He recognized the risk for the mother with multiple transfers, but also understood that multiple embryo transfers may allow women to reach success earlier on...first RI doctor to actually come into the ultrasound room with me to see for himself what was going on...He sees what affects your body and adjusts accordingly
Savannah [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] is the best IVF nurse. She is kind, sweet, genuine, compassionate...She was excited when I got pregnant, and mourned my losses when I lost my babies due to a blood disorder...approximately $25,000 give or take... I wish there was a scheduled appointment, because I never knew when I would be out and back to work...the bills were somewhat vague, I would have rather them show exactly what each cost was for
Dr. Dunaway is the best RI I've seen. I saw another doctor but felt like just a "number." Dr. Dunaway made me feel seen, he knew my name, he knew my case, he cared. He was always kind, patient with me and my lists of questions. He is well educated and keeps me up to date on current literature regarding fertility treatments, etc. He was the first RI doctor to actually come into the ultrasound room with me to see for himself what was going on. He always explained everything to me and I totally appreciate that as a healthcare professional myself. Knowledge is gain.
I would tell them to do their own research themselves. Don't just say "OK" and do it. Know what medications are for and how they might affect your body. I wish I would have known to start my IVF vitamin protocol 3 months prior to retrieval. I have a feeling I would have had better quality eggs and more of them. Also, realize how integral nutrition is to the success of your eggs. They don't really talk about nutrition at FI - BR. I have PCOS, and nutrition affects EVERYTHING. So, know your body. Research other ways to improve your chances of succeeding with retrieval and transfers. Ask him questions, don't be afraid to. He will answer every single one with humility and patience :).
He is kind, compassionate, looks you in the eye. Smiles. Is like a grandfatherly-type. Genuinely wants you to succeed. He knew my name. He took time to answer my many questions.
I just know that I had issues with dosages because I naturally have high estrogen levels. Dr. Dunaway had to adjust my medication to prevent me from having OHSS for egg retrieval. I think I still had a mild case, but he adjusted it accordingly and compared to others, I think I faired out okay. He sees what affects your body and adjusts accordingly, he doesn't just have a "one protocol fits all" mentality, which I certainly respect.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Savannah)
Savannah is the best IVF nurse. She is kind, sweet, genuine, compassionate and fits right in with Dr. Dunaway's staff and his own personality. She was patient with me either on the phone or in person and answered my many questions as well. She was excited when I got pregnant, and mourned my losses when I lost my babies due to a blood disorder. She feels like your friend. I have nothing but praise for her.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Strengths: Cleanliness, privacy, welcoming layout, kind staff, friendly staff. Weakness: The only thing I would have liked would have been to have more education on medication application. Also, the bills were somewhat vague, I would have rather them show exactly what each cost was for.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Somedays you could get there 30 minutes prior to doors opening and it wouldn't have been necessary because no one was there. Other days, you'd get there 30 minutes earlier and 10 people were already in line and you would wait much longer. Sometimes I wish there was a scheduled appointment, because I never knew when I would be out and back to work. It was hard to tell my boss when I would be back. However, once you got back, everything was fairly quick and you got out fairly quickly.
approximately $25,000 give or take.
He educated me on the new law that was passed to limit multiple transfers and why they put the law into place. However, he was neither against it nor for it. He recognized the risk for the mother with multiple transfers, but also understood that multiple embryo transfers may allow women to reach success earlier on than having to undergo each transfer separately.
Baton Rouge

Dr. Dunaway is extremely warm and will answer your questions. He is encouraging on days of retrieval and transfer. He even had a transfer "chant" that he did as he transferred our two embryos...Ask all of your questions when you have him in the room. Write the questions down. You don't see him every appointment so when you see him for consult, follow-ups and right before procedures, ask your questions.
Monitoring appointments [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] were scheduled efficiently. I enjoyed the sonographer and also phlebotomist, Angie. Professional and caring and they answered my questions...Single IVF with up to 2 transfers - $13, 850 Subsequent cycle - $7,800 ICSI - $1,975 per cycle Monitored Frozen Embryo Transfer - $3,575 PGS - $3,100
Dr. Dunaway is warm and encouraging. He even had a transfer "chant" as he transferred our two embryos. Unfortunately we did not get the result we had hoped for and being in Louisiana, infertility treatment is not covered by insurance so we paid out of pocket. We would love to do another cycle but FINO is one of the higher end clinics and we just can't afford another cycle there on our own.
Dr. Dunaway is extremely warm and will answer your questions. He is encouraging on days of retrieval and transfer. He even had a transfer "chant" that he did as he transferred our two embryos. Sadly, we didn't become pregnant but he has great bedside manner and is warm.
Omnitrope, Lupron, Follistim I was also on supplements prior to the retrieval - Prenatals, Vitamins C, D and E, DHEA, CoQ10, Inositol
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Jackie then Savanna)
Jackie, my initial nurse had been working with Dr. Dunaway for over 30 years and was direct and punctual with getting information to me and returning calls. After Jackie's retirement, Savanna and Ashley were hired as her successor. There was a visible learning curve and initially it took over a few days to get a call back but as they became comfortable in their roles, they became better. They are personable and warm.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Ms. Audrey at the front desk is a joy, inviting and warm. Recently, they hired another front desk associate and she isn't as inviting. It is always a pleasure when Ms. Audrey is at work and I miss her when she isn't there.
Monitoring appointments were scheduled efficiently. I enjoyed the sonographer and also phlebotomist, Angie. Professional and caring and they answered my questions.
Dr. Dunaway will only transfer two embryos if you are over the age of 37 and your embryos were not tested. if the embryos are tested and come back normal, he will only transfer one.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Sartor has called me personally several times when we received bad news. She has also called me after looking at my chart and wanting to try things differently. I felt like she was thinking about out plan even when I was not in the office...She feels very strongly about single embryo transfer for the safety of mom and baby. She will allow multiple if over the age of 38 or multiple failed FETs...It does take some time for her to warm up. She is not very aggressive with treatment until she feels necessary. In the end, she truly wants to do what is best for the patient.
My biggest complaint about the [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] clinic is that they do not have an online portal. Sometimes I have a quick question that could be answered over an email, but instead I have to call, leave a message and wait for someone to call me back. It would also be nice to be able to access all of my information and test results online...IUI around $2,000-$3000. IVF around $13,000 not including medicine or genetic testing.
How was your experience with Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Sartor is very straight forward. After being a patient for over a year I felt like she really knew me and was invested in my treatment as well. I truly believe she loves what she does. She wants to help and will not stop until she gets there.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Describe the protocols Belinda "Sissy" Sartor used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of New Orleans and their degree of success.
Clomid with timed intercourse, IUI with injectables, IVF with FET, ERA since 2 FET did not work
The nurses were very easy to talk to it. It is extremely helpful that they have been through IVF as well. It makes it much easier for them to relate and understand what their patients are going through.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
My biggest complaint about the clinic is that they do not have an online portal. Sometimes I have a quick question that could be answered over an email, but instead I have to call, leave a message and wait for someone to call me back. It would also be nice to be able to access all of my information and test results online.
They schedule you at a certain time for monitoring appointments, but will take patients at a later time if they arrive before you. So, sometimes the appointment made no sense. My work hours and their monitoring hours would also require me to have to miss work for appointments. The latest you can have your blood drawn is 2:00 which is frustrating.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Belinda "Sissy" Sartor at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Describe Belinda "Sissy" Sartor's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
We were told different prices at different times for certain procedures.
Belinda "Sissy" Sartor
Metairie

The [Fertility Institute of NO] appointments were easy to schedule, I never waited long to be seen. Everything was handled very professionally with kindness...The nursing staff was great and kind throughout the whole process and I felt like I had my own personal cheering squad supporting me in becoming pregnant...She [finance dept] was very kind and as far as costs, everything went through my insurance and anything out of pocket I paid for
Dr. Huber's bedside manner is really what sold me. I was filled with anticipation and nervousness on my way to my initial consultation and all those fears were put to ease once my husband and I met him. He spent an hour with us going through what he anticipated our process would entail based on my past medical history, why he thought certain routes would work best for me based on his experience along with current studies and research that supported his reasoning. Once I started became a regular patient, I would see him pretty frequently either for ultrasounds, procedures or to go over my latest test results, etc. Each time all my questions were answered and any test results were explained thoroughly and I never felt rushed. Even when I would call the office to answer a question either he or a nurse would call me back quickly but no later than the end of day. In addition, once I became pregnant and was cleared to leave and continue my prenatal care with my obgyn a big part of me wish I could have stayed his patient throughout my pregancy because that's how much I appreciated his patience and understanding throughout the entire fertility process.
I understand the fear of going to see a fertility specialist because it's not an easy decision, but all I can say is don't wait any longer because I can assure you Dr. Huber will put all your fears at ease and really take the time to get to know you. What else can I say? I am one of his success stories and will forever be grateful that he gave me the chance to have my baby girl. I started seeing him at the beginning of June and became pregnant by July.
To say I loved Dr. Huber would be an understatement, I had seen multiple OBGYNs and none took the time to really evaluate my case or get to know me and my husband as much as Dr. Huber did. Specifically, I have always struggled with anxiety and especially during such a stressful time as dealing with infertility, my anxiety was higher than normal. During this time every question or concern I presented to Dr.Huber was answered with kindness and my feelings were never downplayed.
I began my treatment in June which began with a string of routine tests to see the age of my eggs, how many I was producing each cycle, also I completed a test to see that all my reproductive system was working properly i.e. uterus, fallopian tubes, hormone levels, etc. In addition, my husband's sperm was tested contemporaneously. All of these tests were used to see what exactly my body was doing each cycle and what was preventing me from conceiving. It was confirmed my PCOS was the culprit causing my body to produce 3x as many eggs compared to the average and none were maturing naturally. In addition, my body was not ovulating properly. As such, my first month, I tried an injection to trigger my body to ovulate with no results. On my second month, I took letrozole (sister of clomid) with an injection to trigger ovulation along with timed intercourse which worked!
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Honestly, I have no complaints. The appointments were easy to schedule, I never waited long to be seen. Everything was handled very professionally with kindness and in the end, I left with what I wanted a pregnancy so I will always be grateful.
Ms. Judy, who handled all the financials was the best. She was very kind and as far as costs, everything went through my insurance and anything out of pocket I paid for. Costs varied depending on the procedure but for me typically each visit came along with a co-pay.
Metairie

Dr Dunaway will only do single transfer unless you’ve had 2 transfers fail or you’re over 38. If your embryos are genetically tested, you can only have one transferred no matter what...I didn’t meet with him very much during my IUIs or during my IVF stimulation, but I don’t think it was necessary to. He was available when I did need to talk to him and I felt confident in his treatment plans...
The [FINO]clinic does retrievals and transfers in batches so you start pretty much everything with a few weeks of birth control...TI think my IUIs were $1800 each. IVF, including meds (also includes up to 2 transfers) was between $20k-$25k...they’re pretty quick with scheduling and responding. I feel like I can’t judge the nurses and clinic too well because there was so much turnover while I was there. But I loved dr Dunaway and my ultrasound techs...
There are a lot of patients at the clinic and Dr. Dunaway is the only RE there. I didn’t meet with him very much during my IUIs or during my IVF stimulation, but I don’t think it was necessary to. He was available when I did need to talk to him and I felt confident in his treatment plans.
Be your own advocate and ask a lot of questions.
Dr. Dunaway is very warm and caring.
The clinic does retrievals and transfers in batches so you start pretty much everything with a few weeks of birth control. IVF stimulation - Long lupron protocol with follistim and menopur. Produced 9 mature eggs and had 8 fertilize. All made it to transfer or freeze. Fresh transfer - Did PIO injections starting a couple days after retrieval (this transfer failed). Frozen transfer - Started on birth control. Lupron for 3 weeks. Started estrogen (oral and injectable) 2 1/2 weeks before transfer. Added PIO and baby aspirin 5 days before. Also did a steroid and antibiotic for 4 days leading up to transfer. I had 2 lining/hormone checks before transfer. This FET was successful! I had 3 hcg betas. My first ultrasound was at 6 weeks and had weekly ultrasounds until graduation at 10 weeks. One of my favorite things about this clinic. No one else gives you this many early ultrasounds.
There was a lot of staffing turnover after covid and I started IVF treatments right after the coordinator left. So things were a little all over the place for a while. At first, they had a coordinator from a different location answering questions on the phone. Then Laura, the NP, took over for the rest of my IVF journey and was great.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
They’re pretty quick with scheduling and responding. I feel like I can’t judge the nurses and clinic too well because there was so much turnover while I was there. But I loved dr Dunaway and my ultrasound techs.
Baton Rouge
Dr. Lu is an upfront and honest doctor. He explains everything and is more than willing to answer any questions that we have...When I had a miscarriage after IUI he called me personally to talk me through the process and where to go from there...Ive gone through 2 IUI cycles with Dr Lu. These included bloodwork every 2-3 days, injections, and ultrasounds...[he] genuinely cares about his patients and their wants/needs/health
[nurse of Fertility Institute of New Orleans] is super organized and helpful... She explained all procedures, injections included thoroughly and without hesitation...The only thing that has been very expensive are medications...Everyone is on a first name basis and you know that they care as much as you do about your experience...He [Dr. Lu] explains everything and is more than willing to answer any questions that we have
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr Lu is an upfront and honest doctor. He explains everything and is more than willing to answer any questions that we have. He explains every step of your process and all procedures. I could not ask for a better doctor to go through this journey with. When I had a miscarriage after IUI he called me personally to talk me through the process and where to go from there.
These processes are very fast paced, but he is there every step of the way to encourage you and give a helping hand wherever needed.
Dr Lu genuinely cares about his patients and their wants/needs/health. I have spoken directly to him over the phone concerning test results. There is no other doctor that I would trust with my fertility needs other than Dr Lu.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Gaynell)
Gaynell is super organized and helpful. Any question I had she answered without hesitation. She explained all procedures, injections included thoroughly and without hesitation.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The office staff is very friendly. They are all involved with every patient. All off the staff gets excited with you when you get satisfying results. Everyone is on a first name basis and you know that they care as much as you do about your experience. I have never had a bad experience with any of them.
Starting out we were petrified over the costs of services. The only thing that has been very expensive are medications. All procedures were not as expensive as we had originally thought they would be.
Mandeville
[Dr. Heber Dunaway] He is personable and talks to me as a person and doesn’t talk down to me. The supplements and medication that I have been put on seems spot on with what I have seen in articles as what would be perfect for my condition. He has called me when needed...[eSET approach] [he] prefers to do 1 embryo at a time...
[Fertility Institute of New Orleans] The strengths are that I think they generally care but it was painful to start. I think there was staff turn over which contributed to the difficulty...made sure to get to the office early around 7/730 am so that I can be one of the first people to be seen [for monitoring appointments]...it’s $20,000 for retrieval and transfer.
i love Dr Dunaway and I trust him completely. He is personable and talks to me as a person and doesn’t talk down to me. The supplements and medication that I have been put on seems spot on with what I have seen in articles as what would be perfect for my condition. He has called me when needed to ease my
Ask questions
It seemed as if the staff and the doctor did not seem to communicate about treatment. Eventually, once I started STIMs I felt like I was a person but there were still mistakes that occurred which may be because they are overloaded with patients
I was on Lupron, omnitrope, 225 u follistim, 225 u menopur. I believe omnitrope was used to help with egg quality since I am close to 40 years old. The high dosage of follistim and menopur was reared to increase the number of eggs
Savannah and Ashley are wonderful as care coordinator and assistant. There is one nurse who talked down to me and wouldn’t let me talk at times. It was difficult to deal with her and it has been brought in my fertility groups as an issue with this particular staff member
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The strengths are that I think they generally care but it was painful to start. I think there was staff turn over which contributed to the difficulty. It should get better in the future with the new staff
I made sure to get to the office early around 7/730 am so that I can be one of the first people to be seen
I think it’s $20,000 for retrieval and transfer.
My doctor prefers to do 1 embryo at a time
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
There was communication issues. I have to ask questions in order to make sure things were getting done.
Baton Rouge
Dr. Lu was very easy to talk to. He was good at keeping things light while also being compassionate and understanding. He was great at explaining options and answering questions, and he never made it feel like he was rushing to get to his next patient..He always knew both of us and the specific details of our situation. He never had to stop to check the file or ask questions repetitively.
The clinic [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] has a short wait time compared to most doctor’s offices. The secretaries are wonderful and they know you by name after a few visits...For my wife’s IUI cycles, she used gonal-f to stimulate follicle growth. She used cetrocide to delay ovulation and then the trigger shot to induce ovulation...for one IUI cycle it was arbor $2700-2800. Before starting the first round, my wife had to get a dye test done and that cost $800.
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Dr. Lu was very easy to talk to. He was good at keeping things light while also being compassionate and understanding. He was great at explaining options and answering questions, and he never made it feel like he was rushing to get to his next patient. He took his time and knew us as patients.
Bring a pen and a paper because he will give you a lot of good information.
He always knew both of us and the specific details of our situation. He never had to stop to check the file or ask questions repetitively. He always was good at making jokes and talking conversationally.
For my wife’s IUI cycles, she used gonal-f to stimulate follicle growth. She used cetrocide to delay ovulation and then the trigger shot to induce ovulation. This was for both cycles. She would go in for blood tests and an ultra sound every other day, and it was every day at the time where ovulation was close. The nurse would call back within an hour or two after t he blood test to relay what dose of what medication Dr. Lu said to take for that day(s). Dr. Lu said since my wife had PCOS and was in good shape, and also because her dye test showed her uterus was in good condition, that rounds of injections would be good for her. Also because of my retrograde ejaculation, he said IUI was the best option. I do believe these cycles will work but we have gone through two cycles and have not gotten pregnant.
Most nurses were conversational and good at explaining what the ultrasound showed and how to administer medications and whatnot. They were easy to talk to and very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The clinic has a short wait time compared to most doctor’s offices. The secretaries are wonderful and they know you by name after a few visits. It feels almost like a family. Strengths include caring and knowledgeable staff and a light yet compassionate atmosphere.
For one cycle of IUI, you could pay all doctor visits, bloodwork, and ultrasounds in a bundle for $1000. This cost was for up to ovulation. The medications needed cost about another $1200. The IUI procedure itself was $550. So for one IUI cycle it was arbor $2700-2800. Before starting the first round, my wife had to get a dye test done and that cost $800.
N/a. We did IUI, and Dr. Lu stated that with these medications the chances of multiples are higher, but we did not discuss embryo transfer.
Metairie
Dr Lu is very personable and compassionate. He is always upbeat and encouraging at what I described as a very sad lonely time. He takes the team approach, meaning we are all in this together not just him running the show...reviewed my labs and clinical history specifically to me and not just based on statistics
Appointments [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] are easy to obtain. Very warm and friendly welcome. Be prepared to start lab work even a ultrasound your first visit...[The nurses are] completely compassionate and get back to you in a timely fashion
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
Bring everything to the table and tell him what you expect.
He sat down with me and reviewed my labs and clinical history specifically to me and not just based on statistics.
On our very first visit he started with blood work and semen analysis. Turns out my AMH is very low so he didn’t want to waste time or money doing any cycle with my own eggs. He did redraw the lab work just to ease my own mine. He performed a Sonohystagram to check on my fibroid to make sure it was in a ok spot. He then told me to go find donor eggs. My husband and I looked into donor eggs in America and decided to travel to Greece to do donor egg transfer. After 2 failed transfers we came back to Dr. Lu. We were set up to do a ERA before my next transfer and then COVID-19 put us on hold. Dr Lu wants to do a ERA to check my lining and timing and my progesterone levels.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Completely compassionate and get back to you in a timely fashion
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Appointments are easy to obtain. Very warm and friendly welcome. Be prepared to start lab work even a ultrasound your first visit. Office is easy to get to and parking lot is a little full for afternoon visits. The clinic will file insurance but as most of us know most of the testing is not covered. They have a lab on site, and 2 ultrasound techs so everything is done at the clinic. They also do semen analysis at the clinic as well. So no need to go to extra labs or testing sites.
ERA cost approx $1500 Initial office visit around 50-100 but my insurance paid for the initial visit
Dr Lu only transfers one embryo
Metairie
Dr Lu was alway very through with his thoughts on my case and the path forward. He explain everything so I understood and always made sure I understood. When I was responding like he expected to my treatment he switch up my protocol and explain why and what he wanted to accomplish with the change. He also began monitoring but me more to watch for changes so we wouldn’t have to cancel my cycle. He has the best bed side manners and no was generally concerned about mum well being after my Procedures.
She [Fertility Institute of New Orleans nurse] is very caring and compassionate. She is very detailed Oriented and made sure I complete under stood my calendar and my meds before leaving from the visit. She also responded to all my calls the same day...The Metairie office rooms are very small however it’s not issue as there was plenty room for my Husband to always be in the room with me during all procedures..
How was your experience with Peter Lu at Fertility Institute of New Orleans?
He is a numbers man and will give your the odds in percents.
I felt like Dr. Lu was invested in me and my protocol was specialized to me and I was not thrown into a pool and made to follow along with other
I absolutely love Ashely. She is very caring and compassionate. She is very detailed Oriented and made sure I complete under stood my calendar and my meds before leaving from the visit. She also responded to all my calls the same day
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The Metairie office rooms are very small however it’s not issue as there was plenty room for my Husband to always be in the room with me during all procedures. I often though of if as just being cozy. There was
I had some insurance coverage so we didn’t have full put of pocket. What I didn’t have to pay they were willing to work with us on large payments and timing. We were aware ahead of time when payments needed to be made
Due to the risk associated with transferring 2 embryos he recommended one for a great chance at success as well as my health and safety
Metairie
You can tell he [Dr. Clisham] is continuously studying even years into his career...always took the time to call me personally. Even if the nurse had already called and updated me, he would call sometimes at 8pm just to check in and explain things himself...He is so caring...explains everything thoroughly so that we understand both why he is suggesting certain treatments and then the risks/no risks involved in them. I always felt like he knew who I was and what was going on the second I spoke with him each call or visit. He called numerous times when he didn’t need to (because the nurse already had) to check in and explain things himself.
I just think in any situation like this, you need to advocate for yourself. I don’t think it’s a clinic fault. The staff [at Fertility Institute of New Orleans] tries to explain things the best they know how but if you don’t ask specifics, they may just think you already know. Luckily the give tons of paperwork explaining everything which is nice to have to look over down the road...Dr. Clisham always took the time to call me personally. Even if the nurse had already called and updated me, he would call sometimes at 8pm just to check in and explain things himself.
He is so caring that’s the easiest way I can put it. He always explains everything thoroughly so that we understand both why he is suggesting certain treatments and then the risks/no risks involved in them. I always felt like he knew who I was and what was going on the second I spoke with him each call or visit. He called numerous times when he didn’t need to (because the nurse already had) to check in and explain things himself.
Listen to him! You can tell he is continuously studying even years into his career
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
I just think in any situation like this, you need to advocate for yourself. I don’t think it’s a clinic fault. The staff tries to explain things the best they know how but if you don’t ask specifics, they may just think you already know. Luckily the give tons of paperwork explaining everything which is nice to have to look over down the road.
2020, Consult
He provided great resources on alternatives to conception. His knowledge about latest technology and research was evident. Dr. Huber understood my views about IVF as a Catholic and mentioned why this choice is an option...[eSET approach] He was brief but indicated 2 single embryo transfers...I had a Virtual Visit for shy of 1 hour.
Due to COVID-19 I only interacted with [Fertility Institute of NO] nurses via phone and email. They responded quick to my request for medical records...The cost was over 10k...During COVID-19 the clinic used time wisely to accept new patients. A Fertility Assessment was unable to be completed due to clinic shutdown. The clinic was unable to schedule appointments on-site due to COVID-19.
Don't leave your consult visit without resources.
I had a Virtual Visit for shy of 1 hour.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Susie)
Due to COVID-19 I only interacted with nurses via phone and email. They responded quick to my request for medical records.
The cost was over 10k.
He was brief but indicated 2 single embryo transfers.
Metairie

We have only seen Dr Dunaway once during our consultation (as we haven’t started treatment yet) but we immediately felt like we were in good hands! He was so willing to help us achieve our goal to have children and answered all questions we had. My husband loved that he showed us around their facility and knew all the details it takes to run such a clinic and shared that with us!
Fertility institute [of New Orleans] has been wonderful so far during our process! I have no question as to why my ob/gyn referred us to them. IVF can seem like a scary process when you don’t know much about it. They have made sure that we are well informed on what will happen, what treatment they think will be best for us, and what steps will be next. I think the thing I have liked most about them is I do always know what step comes next. I’m never left guessing when my next appointment with be or when I will next hear from them! This has been so important as you want to feel like someone is taking this as serious as you are.
Make sure any questions you have about IVF are written down. When getting to the appointment we were so excited to hear what Dr Dunaway was saying and then receiving all the information, we couldn’t remember any of the questions we had. If it is your first time with IVF, like it was for us, it can be a lot of info to absorb at one time.
They have always taken the time to explain everything that goes on during IVF and test results we have had. It is such a huge decision to try IVF and they have made us feel so hopeful and secure.
We have only had our first consultation and tests so I am unfamiliar with the specifics after that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Jackie )
Jackie was the one to call me back about my results for my hormone test. She was very thorough with me about the information and explained any information I wasn’t familiar with.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
Fertility institute has been wonderful so far during our process! I have no question as to why my ob/gyn referred us to them. IVF can seem like a scary process when you don’t know much about it. They have made sure that we are well informed on what will happen, what treatment they think will be best for us, and what steps will be next. I think the thing I have liked most about them is I do always know what step comes next. I’m never left guessing when my next appointment with be or when I will next hear from them! This has been so important as you want to feel like someone is taking this as serious as you are.
Our insurance only covers the diagnoses of infertility. They explained to us what that might cover and then gave us a sheet to explain the other cost of IVF.
N/A at this time

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
I do feel incredibly comfortable putting my situation in his hands because this doctor really knows his stuff. ... Even when my cycle was heading downhill, he never called me. ... You will never speak to Dr. Dunaway, even via e-mail, unless you make a consult. ... He will not string you along and feed you lies-he knows the business and he researches to stay on top of things. You will have to push a little to find answers for your issues, because he is there to give you difference ways to try and conceive, not really "fix you". ...
The major issue with this clinic [Fertility Institute of New Orleans] is the financial aspect. NO ONE will go over the cost and options because a quick IVF consult. So you have a lot of hidden cost that will pop up during a IVF cycle and then you will have no one to talk to about the bills. ... Jackie is the IVF coordinator. She is on top of her game with her paperwork, returning calls and giving you information. ... I REALLY wish this clinic has someone that you could meet with before IVF to go over all of your benefits and hidden cost.
I do feel incredibly comfortable putting my situation in his hands because this doctor really knows his stuff. He will not string you along and feed you lies-he knows the business and he researches to stay on top of things. You will have to push a little to find answers for your issues, because he is there to give you difference ways to try and conceive, not really "fix you". You will not get to see or talk to him often, so be sure to get all your questions out when you have a consult.
I would tell them to always be a advocate for yourself! Ask a million questions and push for what you want to see happen. He knows so much and has been in this business for 35+ years - use him!
Each time I needed a question answered, I would have to only go through his nurse or make a consult, which cost a lot. Even when my cycle was heading downhill, he never called me. Now, when I went to the office for a consult, he was always very informative and up on the latest protocols, which we appreciated. The only real issue I had was lack of connection to the patients. You will never speak to Dr. Dunaway, even via e-mail, unless you make a consult. I have friends at other clinics who have access to their doctor the entire IVF cycle.
We started with IUI's with injectable hormones. We used Gonal F and Menopur and both were failed cycles. Between that, I pushed for a laparoscope to see if I had silent endometriosis because of my low AMH. Turns out, I did have silent stage two endometriosis. I had a chemical the next month and no luck from there. Now, we are in a IVF cycle using the Lupron flare Protocol and my cycle is about to be canceled due to no response.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of New Orleans. (Assigned nurse: Jackie)
Jackie is the IVF coordinator. She is on top of her game with her paperwork, returning calls and giving you information. She will not show you that much compassion and some answers can be "matter-of-fact" but that is how the infertility game goes.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of New Orleans.
The major issue with this clinic is the financial aspect. NO ONE will go over the cost and options because a quick IVF consult. So you have a lot of hidden cost that will pop up during a IVF cycle and then you will have no one to talk to about the bills. You will go to checkout and they will tell you that you owe thousands and that is about it. I REALLY wish this clinic has someone that you could meet with before IVF to go over all of your benefits and hidden cost.
IVF was $13,000 and IUI's were $500. He will only use one pharmacy that is pretty expensive, but he feels they are the best quality.
Dr. Dunaway will only do frozen single transfers. The laws in Louisiana are difference from every other state, so you are unable to discard any eggs for any reason.