Fertility Institute of North Alabama

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots is not offered: Not OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
532 Madison St.
Huntsville, AL 35801
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Institute of North Alabama to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 210
1 doctor
I absolutely love his new staff [at Fertility Institute of N AL]. They're so much easier to communicate with and I really like that I know everyone in the office.... My husband has low motility, low morphology, and low count, so we went straight to ivf. He was on clomid and novarel for 6 months the first time. I had a cycle with follistim because that is what my insurance would cover. We had great success with a twin pregnancy. When we went back for an FET, I did injectibles and estrogen and progesterone. Neither of our two remaining embryos stuck. This time around, my husband isn't doing the clomid and novarel, we're just going to go ahead and do icsi. I'm going to be on the same meds as last time because it obviously worked.
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of North Alabama.
He is contracting with ovation fertility in Nashville until his office is complete, but I think I prefer this office. They are right next to the hospital. Going to a small clinic for monitoring and then going to the larger one for retrievals and transfers is very appealing to me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Brett Davenport at Fertility Institute of North Alabama?
He is so proactive and knows my history without me having to remind him. He is personable and wants to be sure that we're ok with every step along the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Institute of North Alabama. (Assigned nurse: Darcy)
I absolutely love his new staff. They're so much easier to communicate with and I really like that I know everyone in the office.
How was your experience with Brett Davenport at Fertility Institute of North Alabama?
We had a great experience the first time around (and amazing results), and when he moved to his own clinic, he went to bat for us to help is get custody of our embryos. He absolutely has gone above and beyond what I would have expected of him. As we're trying again, he has made sure everything will go smoothly so that we don't have any of the struggles we had to get to our last transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Brett Davenport at Fertility Institute of North Alabama?
He can move fast, so sometimes, you have to ask him to slow down. I'm good with it because I did so much research on my own before we got to this point and we've done it all before.
Describe the protocols Brett Davenport used in your cycles at Fertility Institute of North Alabama and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Brett Davenport at Fertility Institute of North Alabama.
My insurance covers meds, testing, and monitoring. Our cycle plan (3 retrievals and 3 transfers) will be about 17k.
Describe Brett Davenport's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Institute of North Alabama.
He was willing to go ahead and transfer two embryos because we wanted to. He said if we chose to do pgs this time around, he would not transfer two.
Brett Davenport
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
Dr. Davenport opened his clinic about a year ago. They are working on getting the kinks out of a new practice but overall, the practice and its employees are phenomenal. It was easy to get early appointments (7 AM) and they even came in on a Saturday morning for an IUI...The nursing staff was invested in my journey. I felt liked they truly cared and were always available to answer questions.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Fertility Institute of North Alabama.
Dr. Davenport cares deeply about his patients. I always felt like I was his only patient. I underwent two surgeries during my treatment and each time he prayed before surgery and personally called the day after each one to check on me. He felt our disappointment each time we weren’t pregnant and was overjoyed when we finally got pregnant.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Institute of North Alabama?
I had a wonderful experience with Dr. Davenport. It was bittersweet being released from his care when I was 9 week pregnant. I felt he truly cared about me and always took the time to explain each step of the process in a way that my husband and I could understand. He even personally called when lab results were late and after surgery. Dr. Davenport made our infertility journey more bareable.
Choose him as your doctor. He is a knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate physician.
We used Femara prior to IUI’s. This was unsuccessful. I had surgery to remove Endometriosis but did not get pregnant as a result. Also, I had a Tubal Cannulation to unblock my tubes and within a few months, I was pregnant.
My care under Dr. Davenport was 100% covered by my insurance.
Brett Davenport