Genetic counseling: Offered
4308 Alton Rd
Miami Beach, FL 33140
12600 Pembroke Rd
Miramar, FL 33027
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility & IVF Center of Miami to a friend?

3 doctors
I love that they [Fertility & IVF Ctr of Miami] have two locations - one in Miami Beach at Mount Sinai and the other at Baptist Kendall....Dr Jacobs goes to both clinics, so that flexibility is great. I am not sure, but I get the sense that this clinic is one of the higher priced clinics in Miami because I have seen lower prices at places... I had a lot of back and forth with insurance paperwork regarding pre-authorizations for treatment and medication.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
I love that they have two locations - one in Miami Beach at Mount Sinai and the other at Baptist Kendall. I go to the one closer to me but the Kendall clinic is larger, so if they do not have availability at Mt Sinai, I can usually get in to the Kendall clinic. Dr Jacobs goes to both clinics, so that flexibility is great. I am not sure, but I get the sense that this clinic is one of the higher priced clinics in Miami because I have seen lower prices at places like University of Miami Health System. However, I feel comfortable with Dr. Jacobs, so have chosen to stay at this clinic.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
From my first consultation with Dr. Jacobs, the staff was nice and attentive. They got me in to my first appointment within a week or two. At my first consultation Dr Jacobs reviewed with me in detail the diagnosis protocol we would take so that I knew what kind of tests we would be running and the possible course of action based on my situation. He's the kind of doctor that writes everything down for himself on a notepad to get a feel for his patient. Then he transcribes everything to the computer. Its a little old school, and I like it because as he's writing down I can tell hes paying attention. Anyway, he also explained in detail what he was doing during my first intravaginal ultrasounds, counting the follicles, measuring stuff, etc. I felt informed, and that's important to me. When I mentioned I had a short window of time before I had to travel for work, he made sure to get his staff to process pre-authorizations, etc in time for my upcoming cycle so that I didnt have to delay my first IVF cycle by 2 months. I also asked for no birth control pills if possible and he said thats Ok, we just had to abstain or use condoms. Overall, I feel like he listens to my concerns and then gives his professional opinion and I respect that.
There is one nurse who bruises me every time she takes blood. She needs coaching on this. Other than that, everyone is competent and communicative. I don't like leaving a voicemail on the nurse line, but the upside is that they do always call back within the day.
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Jacobs has a kind, calm demeanor. He is not exactly warm and fuzzy, or super personable, but gives you a sense of trustworthiness. I'm fine with that. When I have raised concerns, he has listened to me. He doesn't push for specific treatments, but lays out the options for you and then tells you his preferred course of action. Ultimately, I have felt like I have had a good amount of freedom and amount of information to make my decisions about my body and health.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Jacobs seems to be pretty conservative. He will test for as many things as possible and it may seem like overkill but every time I have done a test that I felt may not necessarily be needed, it yielded some information that became important in my treatment. If you do feel concerned about something, let him know and he will absolutely advise you if there is leeway.
Describe the protocols Michael Jacobs used in your cycles at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami and their degree of success.
I am doing IVG with PGD (PGT-M) due to a genetic disease that we do not want to pass down to our children. I am under 35 with very good AMH levels and I dont have ovulatory problems, so Dr. Jacobs prescribed a conservative protocol for stimulation meds. I am so far taking 75 iu Menopur in the AM and 150 Gonal F in the evening. These are low doses because Dr. Jacobs feels that based on my levels, I will respond well to these doses. We will see how it goes in the next 5 days and adjust if needed based on my next scan.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
I have not received full bills yet but I expect IVF (1 Egg retrieval and 1 FET) + PGD + IVF Medication to come to about $30,000.
Describe Michael Jacobs's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Dr. Jacobs has a strong preference for single embryo transfer in my particular case. I am not sure if that's his preference always. I asked about putting in two and he said we could talk about it once we have embryos to consider but he is very much partial towards a single embryo.
Miami Beach

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.

The clinic is located in a hospital. The parking garage leads you straight to the clinic and it is easy to access. The answering service usually answers the calls and then will redirect you to the right person or nurse. ... They [nurses] return your calls same day, they are always willing to answer questions and if they are unsure, they will find out for you. The times we have gone to the clinic, they are all very welcoming and have made this a smooth process thus far.
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
The clinic is located in a hospital. The parking garage leads you straight to the clinic and it is easy to access. The answering service usually answers the calls and then will redirect you to the right person or nurse. If you are unable to reach them and it is an emergency let the answering service know and they will try to connect you or send them an email to call you back as soon as possible.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Chuong provided us with her email after our first consultation and told us if we had any questions or concerns, to reach out to her directly for answers. After my husbands sperm analysis, she personally called us to give us the results immediately.
The nursing staff at the clinic is amazing. They return your calls same day, they are always willing to answer questions and if they are unsure, they will find out for you. The times we have gone to the clinic, they are all very welcoming and have made this a smooth process thus far.
How was your experience with Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Chuong was recommended to us by my OBGYN. As soon as you step into her office, it was such a calming feeling and she was excited to meet us and get to know our story. We had already met with a urologist for my husband and were disappointed with the results. She immediately recommended a new urologist in which she works closely with and even offered to reach out to him personally, to see if we could get an earlier appointment. Once she asked us both questions for her review, she explained the process of IVF step by step. I had a list of questions in my head prior to meeting with her and she answered them all before I could even ask. Dr. Chuong did not hesitate in getting the ball rolling with the diagnostic workup. My husband and I started the tests that same day. My sonogram was performed by the doctor herself and she walked me through every step and explained everything on the monitor. Every time after that, any tests that need to be performed in her office, have always been done by her. She always greets us warmly and make us feel comfortable. My husband had a sperm analysis done in her office early one Friday morning and she called me personally that same day with the results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
She does not take the easy way out. She is very meticulous and likes to cover every possibility. So have patience! This is a long journey and exploring all your options may result in something you never imagined.
Describe the protocols Farah Chuong used in your cycles at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami and their degree of success.
We are still in the early stages of the treatment cycle. Since our infertility is due to a male factor, Dr. Chuong had us meet with a urologist to assess my husband's issue. My husband will be having surgery this month and then we will revaluate the best course of action whether it be IUI or IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Our estimated cost for the IVF is approximately $40,000.00.
Describe Farah Chuong's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Dr. Chuong did say at our initial meeting that she usually does single embryo transfers. She did say when we got to that point, we could further discuss the options.
Miami

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.

Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
They [Fertility & IVF Centers of Miami] have coordinators that handle each individual aspect. For example one woman (Maria) handles the insurance side. She advocates for you based on what is covered and what isn’t. She automatically sends authorizations when required. She communicates every step with you and is easy to reach.... The nusing staff seems to be knowledgeable at each appointment. They share US results such as endometrial lining and follicle size. They let you see your results and explain what they are measuring, etc. Blood draws are pretty painless so that’s a plus as well :)
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
They have coordinators that handle each individual aspect. For example one woman (Maria) handles the insurance side. She advocates for you based on what is covered and what isn’t. She automatically sends authorizations when required. She communicates every step with you and is easy to reach.
During my first visit with Dr. Chuong I felt very well educated with where we were currently and where we were headed in our treatment plan. During the first few US appointments I did not get to see the Doctor at all and I felt very disappointed in my progress and not educated on the expectations of the current treatment plan. I expressed this during my second visit and now she has been present at every subsequent visit.
How was your experience with Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
This is my first cycle with Dr. Chuong so we don’t know if this cycle has worked yet. However, I can say that she has been great so far. She performs many of the tests herself which I loved. This includes the initial exam, the hysteroscopy, some of the US appointments and IUI procedures. This is uncommon from my previous experiences so I very much appreciate an involved physician. Also, I ask a ton of questions as I like to be very involved in my treatment plan. She is patient with me and answers EVERY single question. She makes sure I leave her office confident in the current plan and yet knowledgeable in the expectation part of it.
Ask all of your questions. She has a great bedside manner, is easy to talk to, and will give you honest answers.
I was referred to this clinic because my previous RE did not practice IVF. I was told that we were at a point that we would benefit from visiting another clinic who did offer IVF as all the other options we tried had not produced a positive result yet. We made an appointment to visit with her and start discussions while we were in the TWW. That cycle was all over the place for me and I ended up starting my period almost a week early. When we showed up at Dr. Chuong’s office we were told that there were numerous cysts left over from the gonadotropin cycle and that we were not good candidates to start IVF. I explained that I did not want to lose a cycle and so she recommended that we wait a few days for my progesterone levels to drop and start a less invasive approach of 7.5 mg of Letrozole. I responded very slowly but finally produced 2 mature follicles (20 mm Amd 18 mm). We triggered on day 16 and IUI was on day 18. Not sure of the outcome for this cycle yet.
We have insurance coverage for some procedures such as US and bloodwork. Cost of IUI is $500 I believe.

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [Fertility and IVF Center of Miami] needs work. ... I have a few issues with the office staff. They never smiled. Were extremely grumpy. In a business that’s so emotionally sensitive I definitely expected more ... I had a few insurance issues. They over billed me a few times ... The nursing staff was okay. ... Each iui was around 300. The injections shots were over 100 each and I was taking two per day
Latino, Other
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
The clinic needs work. I know doctor Taylor moved offices so this isn’t related to her current office. I have a few issues with the office staff. They never smiled. Were extremely grumpy. In a business that’s so emotionally sensitive I definitely expected more
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr.Taylor was the only doctor that treated my husband and I with love, warmth and compassion. Fertility cycles are extremely heartbreaking and overall stressful. We are so thankful for her giving us the greatest blessing we have
The nursing staff was okay. I didn’t like the office secretaries
How was your experience with Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Taylor always make me feel so much more hopeful after talking with her. We honestly didn’t think having a baby would be possible. But she made it happen. Along with Gods grace of course! The fertility journey was very rough for us. Lots of ups and downs. Tons of appointments. I knew though that Dr. Taylor would do what’s best for us. I never second guessed her decisions and that was extremely comforting.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
She’s a brilliant doctor with compassion which is extremely hard to find!
Describe the protocols Joelle Taylor used in your cycles at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami and their degree of success.
We started with clomid. I never responded. After that we tried femara and I responded once. My follicles don’t grow on their own so we moved to injections which are SO expensive. After about 4 IUi cycles and a back to back cycle I finally got pregnant! Currently have an amazing one year old
Describe the costs associated with your care under Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Each iui was around 300. The injections shots were over 100 each and I was taking two per day for weeks at a time plus min of two ultrasounds a week at 160dollars each aftwebinsurance pain their portion
Describe Joelle Taylor's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
We never did this procedure
Miami

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
Fertility and IVF Miami was very easy to work with. I was able to get my routine bloodwork and ultrasounds before work. I was able to get the appointment times I needed. You are not assigned a particular nurse so if you have questions, you have to call into the clinic and one of the nurses will get back to you. You never know which nurse will call. There was also a lot of turnover with the nurses so a lot of times I was seeing a new nurse. Although all of the nurses were very good.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
We were new to the fertility process. We were nervous and didn't know much. Dr. Jacobs spent plenty of time talking with me and my husband about the process and managing our expectations. He took into our account our financial challenges. He listened
I was not assigned a specific nurse but every time I went in for treatment or bloodwork or an ultrasound, the nurses were very kind and compassionate.
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Michael Jacobs was the first doctor we saw in our fertility process. He was patient and listened and tried to answer our many questions. He gave us a realistic view of what was going to happen and helped us set a path forward for our treatment. It was great to have the face to face/one on one time with the doctor.
Make sure you plan all of your questions in advance. You need to get all of your questions answered and you won't have many opportunities to sit with the doctor one on one.
Dr. Michael Jacobs highly recommended we move straight to IVF treatments but because we were facing financial challenges paying for the treatment he then offered to start us off on IUI treatments which were much less costly to see if that would work for us. He set our expectation low for this. Just like he predicted, we did two IUI treatments and neither of them worked.
Miami

The clinic [Fert and IVF Ctr of Miami] doesn’t have a support group the way Another large fertility clinic in the area does which makes it more difficult to find people who are going through the same thing you are. The staff is very friendly and helpful but you will see multiple nurses and doctors throughout this process depending on what treatments you have done...The nursing staff was amazing. I saw them way more often than I saw Dr. Jacobs
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
The clinic doesn’t have a support group the way Another large fertility clinic in the area does which makes it more difficult to find people who are going through the same thing you are. The staff is very friendly and helpful but you will see multiple nurses and doctors throughout this process depending on what treatments you have done.
Dr. Jacobs would always take the time you needed when explaining something to you but he wouldn’t remember your file and often have to refer to it during his conversation. I often felt like he had a script that he would share with all patients. He was very thorough and conservative which I appreciated.
The nursing staff was amazing. I saw them way more often than I saw Dr. Jacobs and grew a fondness for them early on. They started to feel more like family as I would visit them daily depending on my procedure at the time. They were very attentive, compassionate and caring. I still go back and visit them from time to time.
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Jacobs has a very serious demeanor and a very dry personality but he will always have your best interests at heart. He is very conservative with his protocols and will always take the path with less risks. He was very thorough with his treatment plans. He did not perform any of my IUIs but did every ultrasound for my second egg retrieval and performed the actual egg retrieval. He also performed the frozen embryo transfer as well. He was easily accessible if you needed to reach out to him.
He will always have your best interests at heart and work towards getting you to achieve your goal in a conservative fashion.
I did 3 IUIs with 100mg of clomid during CD3-7 and then triggered with Ovidrel. The IUI would always occur 36 hours after the trigger and he would recommend a single IUI unless he couldn’t confirm if you ovulated prior to the IUI. My first egg retrieval was 8 days of stims with 225 UI of Gonal F and 1 vial of Menopur per day. I started Cetrotide on day 5. I used Novarel for my trigger shot and was able to start my egg retrieval protocol within days of my failed IUI. I had 8 eggs retrieved, 6 were mature, 4 fertilized with ICSI and 2 were frozen on day 5 and sent for PGS testing. They both came back abnormal. I had to go on birth control for a minimum of 18 days before being about to start the frozen embryo transfer once I got my period. For my second egg retrieval I used 200 UI of Gonal F each night along with 1 vial of Menopur. I started Cetrotide once I had a folical that was at least 13mm. I stimmed for 11 days and used Novarel as my trigger shot. I got 11 eggs, all 11 were mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 2 blasts were frozen on days 5 and 6 and only 1 was PGS normal. We did a frozen embryo transfer with our 1 PGS normal embryo.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
The clinic was always able to schedule my ultrasound appointments with very little notice. They would usually run on time and the wait time was always reasonable.
Yes. The IUI payment structure was very transparent. Each ultrasound had a separate costs from the IUI. The total amount for the IUI would depend on the number of ultrasounds. For IVF there were 2 options, 1 single egg retrieval, or a package with 3 egg retrivals and unlimited transfer within a 1 year period. There was a minimal difference between the two packages.
Miami

[At Fertility & IVF Ctr of Miami] The nurses do all the ultrasounds, blood work and procedures for a medicated IUI. Every visit I see a different nurse and every visit I have to explain my story again to them since my treatment is different from the norm.... I wish they had a better support group like some of the other clinics in Miami.... Every nurse we have come across has been great. I wish they would introduce themselves when they walk in. I also wish they would check my file beforehand to get to know me a little.
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
The main reason I am at this clinic is for convenience. It is 5 minutes from our house and my office which makes the multiple appointments less stressful. I wish they had a better support group like some of the other clinics in Miami.
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
I think he is very set in his own ways. Being diagnosed with unexplained infertility I felt like it was a shot in the dark trying to figure out how to get me pregnant. It was a struggle in the beginning to feel like I was being heard. However we are on the same plan for IVF in the event that IUI doesn't work.
Hold your ground. Don't let them push you into something you don't want. Always question the overages that you're paying.
I am diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I take clomid 100mg from CD3-7 then have my check up on CD11 and trigger with Ovidrel. Once I do my IUI I start on 50mg progesterone suppositories that I take twice a day. This is the least invasive method. For this reason we started on this path.
Each ultrasound is $355. It's an additional $20 to visit on the weekend. The IUI is $535 and $400 for a second IUI. Ovidrel is $99 and progesterone suppositories are $68. Clomid is $5
My husband and I would prefer to transfer 2 embryos if we have enough. The doctor only recommends one. We are paying out of pocket so we want to maximize our chances of success.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
It [Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] is small so you get to know everyone. It is on the expensive side.... FOr the most part the wait times were not bad, and I was able to schedule before work at times that were convenient for me.... THey [the nursing staff] were a bit un organized but over all very kind and compassionate.... A newer nurse gave me the wrong instructions in regards to coming in for an ultrasound/having a repeat beta.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
It is small so you get to know everyone. It is on the expensive side.
Dr. Taylor could not have been kinder, more empathetic and understanding throughout the whole treatment process.
THey were a bit un organized but over all very kind and compassionate.
How was your experience with Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
I could tell from the moment that I walked into Dr. Taylor's office that I was going to have a very different experience. She was kind, understanding, patient, thoughtful-I could go on and on. SHe is very special and one of a kind. I highly recommend her.
Try to manage your expectations as Dr. Taylor can only do so much-unfortunately there are many other factors at play.
Dr. Taylor used the antagonist protocol plus the growth hormone. As I am a slow responder we used max doses of Gonal F and Menopur as well as the growth hormone. I was primed with estrogen patches. The results were as expected for my age and my numbers-I have diminished ovarian reserve as well as poor egg quality. My first cycle all 3 of the embryos tested came back abnormal. The second cycle due to complications we were not able to PGS test before transfer, we transferred two and I miscarried at 6 weeks. The third that was tested came back abnormal and I have one frozen that was not tested as it was too weak.
THe costs were high, one of my cycles was covered partially by insurance so I really do not remember. I know I paid 14K for my last ivf cycle as meds and monitoring/blood tests were covered by insurance.
As I already had twins I preferred to have a singleton but was not closed to having twins again. My one transfer two were transferred as that was the recommendation for my age.
Miami

The nursing staff [Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] was good overall. I don't remember having any issues with them, other than the fact that they were the ones performing the IUIs. Both times they had trouble inserting the catheter into the uterus, but then again, the following doctor had trouble with that as well.... Strengths: two offices in two different locations (Miami Beach and Kendall), very convenient; quite efficient; nice nurses Weakness: because they're a big clinic, it didn't feel very personalized at times.
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Dr. Jacobs did seem like he was giving genuine advice during consultations, saying things like "if this were my wife or my daughter, this is what I would recommend". However, during the actual cycle process, it felt much more like a factory, like we were getting the same protocol for treatment as everyone else.
The nursing staff was good overall. I don't remember having any issues with them, other than the fact that they were the ones performing the IUIs. Both times they had trouble inserting the catheter into the uterus, but then again, the following doctor had trouble with that as well.
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Jacobs was very nice and very professional. He ordered all the baseline testing and ruled out any diagnosable issue (hence unexplained infertility). He took his time when we were able to see him, and he explained things in detail. He was not the one to perform the IUIs or any other parts of the procedures, and we didn't really see him that much other than initial consultations.
Don't expect him to be doing your IUI. Ask about other approaches to IUI (other than Clomid).
On the first cycle I used Clomid, 100 (2 pills) for 5 days. I responded very sensitively and produced I believe 4 or 5 mature follicles. They (nurses) did the insemination anyway but no pregnancy occurred. The second round he cut the dose of Clomid in half, and I still produced like 2 or 3 mature follicles. We did two inseminations back to back after the ovulation trigger shot, but no pregnancy.
Insemination ~$500 each, meds were 200-300 each cycle, I think.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I felt the nursing staff [at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] were completely desensitized and made me feel bad for asking questions or becoming emotional at appointments...The clinic itself is well run, the front desk stafff is very kind and friendly and the system they use is user friendly and current. The facilities are all clean and updated. There are several facilities across south Florida which really helped us coordinate our care, for example my husband was able to have his speed tested at a location closer to his job and I was able to go to appointments closer to my job.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Hoffman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr.Hoffman gained my trust immediately. When I met Dr.Hoffman I had just had a laparoscopy and was traumatized by the severe findings and the lack of empathy from the doctor that performed it. I felt that Dr.Hoffman realized just how nervous and sad I was and really responded compassionately.
I felt the nursing staff were completely desensitized and made me feel bad for asking questions or becoming emotional at appointments.
How was your experience with David Hoffman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr.hoffman was the right doctor for me. I needed someone that showed compassion and that I felt was as invested in expanding my family as I was while also being medically innovative and on top of their game. Dr.Hoffman was aggressive with my treatment and that indicated to me that he wanted me to have a baby as much as my husband and I. He always presented all options and never pressured us to make big decisions without thinking about it and he was readily available to answer questions and walk us through our treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Hoffman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Trust him
Describe the protocols David Hoffman used in your cycles at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami and their degree of success.
As a coping mechanism I have blocked a lot of this part of the journey out and my husband gave me every single injection. Prior to becoming a patient of Dr.Hoffman I had a laporscopy. Dr. Hoffman performed a polypectomy to remove 2 polyps from uterus which were detected by a saline sonogram. I had an HSG test and my ovarian reserve and other hormone levels were measured. During ivf I was on a regimen of menapur, gonal f and lupron. The doses did not need to be changed throughout treatment and I had daily sonograms and blood tests to monitor. After retrieval I used progesterone suppositories.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Hoffman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Around 27,000
David Hoffman
Miramar

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with David Hoffman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I felt that I made the right decision on going to the IVF Center of Miami, even though my treatments did not give me the end result that I wanted. Everyone at the office was up to speed on my progress and they were just caring and felt like they were involved in my journey. As someone who has had a lot of ups and downs, I can easily blame the office for that, but it wasn't them. I did move on to another doctor in New York. In Miami I felt like I was the only person with any issues - and that I was the only one going through this. It was helpful that there was a Miami Beach office, but I would have liked a little more support with possibly classes or seminars or a group to talk about what challenges I was facing.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
My husband and I had a great relationship with Dr. Taylor. Even though I had my ups and downs, she truly treated both of us like we were family. She honestly cared about us and our wellbeing and was just genuinely concerned and wanted to help guide us through our journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Ashley was extremely caring - she cheered me up when I was having a bad day and would like me see that there will be a light at the end of the tunnel and she truly felt that a baby was on the horizon for us.
How was your experience with Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Taylor wanted to help us so badly. We unfortunately were an odd case for the practice. I felt bad leaving and even cried after our last appointment knowing that I was going on to another doctor. She truly cared and I wants the best for us and I don't think I would have been able to get through this tough time without her. She would meet with me just to talk, as many times I wanted to and called to check up on me. I cannot thank her enough.
Do your homework. I researched a lot and felt like I wanted to make sure I was getting the best care. I also would suggest to ask to see what Dr. Jacobs has to say about your case if you are out of the ordinary. I am the kind of person who is their own advocate and I think you need to be with any doctor in this situation.
1st Egg Retrieval - standard Follistim, Menopur, Ganorelix, HCG Trigger Shot, Progesterone in Oil = 10 days, then Day 5 egg retrieval. This pregnancy resulted as an ectopic and Dr. Taylor helped us get through it. 1st Frozen Embryo Transfer - Birth control, Lupron, Progesterone in Oil = no issues with transfer. Go pregnant and unfortunately miscarried at 10 weeks. Dr. Taylor saw us right away and did a D&C the next day. 2nd Egg Retrieval - same as the first with the medication, but unfortunately my medication had to be increased and the retrieval results were poor.
I was lucky enough to have my insurance cover the costs. The only costs I can recall that were not covered was embryo storage - $1,450 per year.
Miami

Very good location and very clean environment. Staff [Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] was professional. Parking was very easy and free. They have multiple locations which is convenient and are open on weekends which is great! Staff calls back within an hour which is great and everyone is easy to work with.... Very organized with great communication skills. Always responded promptly to any questions I would have.
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Very good location and very clean environment. Staff was professional. Parking was very easy and free. They have multiple locations which is convenient and are open on weekends which is great! Staff calls back within an hour which is great and everyone is easy to work with.
Dr. Chuong is extremely personable and knowledgeable. She is very relatable and understood my fertility needs and came up with a plan that worked for my lifestyle. I am so grateful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami. (Assigned nurse: Marcia Hall-Humpherson)
How was your experience with Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Chuong is very up to date with the latest in fertility treatment and explained everything to me step by step. She did a great job breaking down the process. I felt so comfortable speaking with her and I felt like she was invested in every step!
Be open and honest beccause she definitely wants to help she has so much knowledge she can come come up with a plan that is tailored to your needs.
Dr. Chuong was very realistic and optimistic with my fertility options since I didn’t have a history of factors that would lend to infertility but my husband is a pilot and never home when I ovulate. We spoke about the option of Clomid with natural inter course as well as freezing his sperm and doing IUI when I ovulate and weighed the pros and cons to both options.
Miami

Most of the nursing staff [at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] was very nice. one of the nurses who usually drew my labs was so sweet and understanding. Alot of times I didn't see Dr Taylor at my visits, so I wish I would have been better informed by the staff. (This process is a challenging one, and sometimes a patients mind is flustered) The nurse who actually performed my IUI I had never met before that appointment and I felt like she was cold and could have been more informative
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Strength - Doctor's knowledge, Weakness - Staff issues
Dr Joelle Taylor from the first visit on, was kind, caring, and informative. My only negative comment would be that for some of her staff
Most of the nursing staff was very nice. one of the nurses who usually drew my labs was so sweet and understanding. Alot of times I didn't see Dr Taylor at my visits, so I wish I would have been better informed by the staff. (This process is a challenging one, and sometimes a patients mind is flustered) The nurse who actually performed my IUI I had never met before that appointment and I felt like she was cold and could have been more informative
How was your experience with Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr Joelle Taylor is amazing. She was highly recommended by many who had seen her, and thus, have a tangible blessing, that only resulted from her help and expertise. She has wonderful beside manner, and explained everything to my husband and I, wonderfully.
To be patient with appointments, since they can be long.
I do not remember exact specifications such as dosage information etc but I do know that she began my IUI cycle with Clomid 150mg (I had previously tried 6 cycles of Clomid with my OBGYN), then we continued with monitoring and then added injections. In the end, we followed with 2 IUIs back to back (on Monday, and Tuesday) to try and increase probability
$6000
Miami

The nurses [at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] were all amazing. As you go almost everyday at some points of the cycle. I got to really get to know them and I absolutely love them all. They were very supportive, encouraging and loving. We still stop by and visit when we can as we will never forget the role they played in make our dream come true.
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
The clinic is very clean, organized, and extremely punctual. Also located in the medical arts building of Baptist hospital in Miami. Baptist is a great location and an excellent hospital.
Dr. Taylor made me feel like family. Her constant contact and concern with how I was doing and feeling made me feel like family. Thanks to her loving care I was able to successfully complete my ivf journey.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami. (Assigned nurse: Angela, Nicole, Catherine )
The nurses were all amazing. As you go almost everyday at some points of the cycle. I got to really get to know them and I absolutely love them all. They were very supportive, encouraging and loving. We still stop by and visit when we can as we will never forget the role they played in make our dream come true.
How was your experience with Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Taylor was able to help us achieve our dream of becoming parents. Thanks to her knowledge, compassion, and expertise we were able to conceive our daughter. She made the whole process simple and provided me support and encouragement along the way. She will forever have a special place in our hearts.
Trust dr. Taylor! She knows what she is doing and will always be honest with you. Sometimes it may not be what you want to hear but believe me she will move mountains to help you achieve your dream.
We did egg retrieval, frozen cycle transfer. As well as many genetic testing.
I don't remember exact cost but I know they were very reasonable and comparable to market prices.
Miami

Very private and clean. The staff [Dr. Chuong] is friendly. The station where labs are drawn are clean. My husband went a few times to drop off and to do a sperm analysis and he said it was clean. Very close to parking, valet parking is also available. There is plenty of seating in the waiting room. Ultrasounds done by the dr.... the genetic counseling was about 3,000 out of pocket... [Nursing Staff] Very communicative, questions via phone answered in timely manner.
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Very private and clean. The staff is friendly. The station where labs are drawn are clean. My husband went a few times to drop off and to do a sperm analysis and he said it was clean. Very close to parking, valet parking is also available. There is plenty of seating in the waiting room. Ultrasounds done by the dr.
Dr. Choung took her time, she was very sweet. She collected a very detailed history on my husband and I and we did not feel in a rush. We were able to accomplish so much is a few short months.
Very communicative, questions via phone answered in timely manner.
How was your experience with Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
She was very sweet and took her time. We did not feel in a rush at all. She sat with us and collected a complete medical history. We took our 10 year old along and she made sure to include him in the process and address him.
Trust the process
I don't know, my husband was referred to a urologist and he had a procedure done.
It was covered by insurance mostly. After a few semen analysis we did pay for them and to drop off on Saturday was an extra fee. Also the genetic counseling was about 3,000 out of pocket
Not that I remember

2013 - 2014
Our cost were very high compared to most cases. We had to undergo PGD total cost with medications were nearly 55K. My daughter is my biggest investment! Everything about them [the staff at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] is wonderful! They care about us as humans!
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Everything about them is wonderful! They care about us as humans!
Thanks to Dr. Taylor and the entire staff of Fertility and IVF of Miami I am a mother to a beautiful healthy baby girl. The road to parenthood was not easy, thanks to Dr. Taylor my husband and I were able to achieve our dream. Had my second transfer not work I would have continued a 3rd time with Dr. Taylor. She is an exceptional physician and remarkable person! I highly recommend her to anyone who is on the road of infertility.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami. (Assigned nurse: Maily Suarez )
GREAT!!!
How was your experience with Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Trust her! She knows that she is doing! Had my 2nd cycle not worked I would have gone for a 3rd, 4th, 5th with her!
OUr cost were very high compared to most cases. We had to undergo PGD total cost with medications were nearly 55K. My daughter is my biggest investment!

Embryo Freezing, IVF
It's a dusty place but the people were overall very nice [at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami- Miami Beach]. Weakness - the doctor was only available one day per week at the clinic I went to. The office staff forgot to give us the medical condom for our semen analysis. Big lack of miscommunication.... She was thorough and responsible. She always called back and was very caring.
Embryo Freezing, IVF
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
It's a dusty place but the people were overall very nice. Weakness - the doctor was only available one day per week at the clinic I went to. The office staff forgot to give us the medical condom for our semen analysis. Big lack of miscommunication.
He was encouraging ivf withoutmy husband doing varicocele surgery.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami. (Assigned nurse: Denise)
She was thorough and responsible. She always called back and was very caring.
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
He is a smart man. He has a lot of knowledge but I do not think he is super up to date on the research. At one visit, he was very critical and at another, he was friendly and compassionate. Consistency is key for a patient provider relationship.
Bare with him.he knows his stuff and do your research well.
In the process now. Husband post varicocele surgery. We will decide after next semen analysis.
Everything! Insurance covers nothing.

2 IUI, 2 IVF, Embryo Freezing
The technology in the clinic [Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] is not very advanced. You feel that the machines and equipment they are using are very old. Booking appointments is always complicated and whenever you need to reach someone, they always send you to a voicemail and you have to pray that they return your call...Dr Ackerman has a lot of years of experience but I am not sure he keeps up with the latest advances in technology and reproductive techniques. In addition I always felt like he has too many patients and is not able to give personalized service for that reason
Investment Banker
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
The technology in the clinic is not very advanced. You feel that the machines and equipment they are using are very old. Booking appointments is always complicated and whenever you need to reach someone, they always send you to a voicemail and you have to pray that they return your call
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Fernando Akerman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
The office sees too many patients, the Dr is always late to see patients and it is very difficult to make appointments with him. When you do get to see him however, he does not make you feel rushed and is willing to answer all questions
What specific things went wrong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
How was your experience with Fernando Akerman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Miramar

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Fernando Akerman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
It is great that there are multiple offices to this clinic [Fertility & IVF Center of Miami]. The nursing staff is exceptional. The wait is not long, they are generally on time will all appointments.... The nursing staff is exceptional both at the Miami office and the Miami Beach office. They always return your call and answer all questions... One time a nurse provided me with different information then the information that I asked for.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
It is great that there are multiple offices to this clinic. The nursing staff is exceptional. The wait is not long, they are generally on time will all appointments.
I just felt that until he reviewed my chart, he had no clue who I was each time I sat in front of him.
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Jacobs is a genius, there is no doubt about that. He is the founder of his clinic and clearly knows what he is talking about. However, he is not warm and fuzzy, if that is what you are looking for.
That he is very matter of fact, and gets straight to the point.
For all of my IUI's the treatment stayed the same. Half way through my IVF when we were trying to produce more eggs he upped my medication.
Almost all of my costs were out of pocket. Simple blood work was covered by insurance

2011 - 2012
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Dr. Jacobs was very blunt with sensitive medical information and about what needed to be done. I appreciated being told the truth and our options up front. He was sympathetic....[The staff at Fertility and IVF Center of Miami] are extremely organized. They have an online system that tells you absolutely everything you need to know. The nursing staff always knows what is going on.
2011 - 2012
European, Latino
2 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Warm and inviting, very clean. Expensive:
They are extremely organized. They have an online system that tells you absolutely everything you need to know. The nursing staff always knows what is going on.
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
He is very blunt and very detailed in giving information. He will tell you exactly what you need to know and is a great, very smart Doctor.
Don't expect him to be very warm and sympathetic.
This was a few years ago, I can't remember details like this.
They gave me a window and I would go in at that time and be seen fairly quickly
Nothing was covered by our insurance so everything was ot of pocket and very expensive
Endometriosis, PCOS
The entire staff [at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami- Miami] is very friendly. The doctors are knowledgeable. They are in the office 7 days a week. When you call afterhours, they return your messages promptly. The nurses taking you blood are really good.... Each IUI cycle was about $5,000 after prodecures and medications. With no insurance coverage.... One of our IUI cycles had to be canceled due to over stimulation of egg folicles. There were too many to peoceed with insemination.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
The entire staff is very friendly. The doctors are knowledgeable. They are in the office 7 days a week. When you call afterhours, they return your messages promptly. The nurses taking you blood are really good.
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Dr. Jacobs can seem like a robot or stiff some times, but he really cares about your feelings and overall care. He takes into account your personal life when he is making a plan for your cycles. He answers all of your questions no mattet how many times you ask.
Patience is key, doesnt always happen the first time.
Miami
We did egg retrieval and decided to do a freeze all option [at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami]...They [nurses] made me feel so safe and they had such a warm optimistic attitude...They were great about emergency visits and getting me in even though I didn't have an appointment...She [Dr. Joelle Taylor] is warm and will ensure that she looks at all avenue in order to give you the best result, that means bringing home a baby, or in my case babies. She was so informative, and she made sure to do all tested to rule out certain infertility factors
European, Latino, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Her bedside manner is amazing and she made me feel like I was her only patient
They made me feel so safe and they had such a warm optimistic attitude
How was your experience with Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
She is warm and will ensure that she looks at all avenue in order to give you the best result, that means bringing home a baby, or in my case babies. She was so informative, and she made sure to do all tested to rule out certain infertility factors
She will ensure you get the best results but will not sugar coat anythinh
We did egg retrieval and decided to do a freeze all option then to acftizenvtransfervusing icsi
My insurance covered a great portion

Male Factor, Other
From my experience, he [Dr Michael Jacobs] is very thorough and doesn't waste your time. He asks for input and helps with strategy...Staff [at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] is very friendly. Office is warm and inviting. Dr. Jacobs is kind, gentle explains very well...3 fte cycles for $23k+. Meds are approximately $4-6k. PGD is approximately $2500. Plus copayment
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
I'm too new to know yet.
Staff is very friendly. Office is warm and inviting. Dr. Jacobs is kind, gentle explains very well.
Friendly and knowledgeable
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
From my experience, he is very thorough and doesn't waste your time. He asks for input and helps with strategy.
Don't over think things. It is a long road so just concentrate on the task in front of you.
I am in beginning stage so no in put here, yet.

2013 - 2015
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
You need to stay on top of the office [Fertility & IVF Center of Miami], but Dr Jacobs will always spend the time making sure you are comfortable...Great staff. Very busy office so you need to stay on top of them. Weekends/holidays...there was always someone available to us...IUI around $8K. IVF cycles were $25K for 2 cycles. Donor egg transfer around the same. About $5-8K per cycle in meds from South Miami Pharmacy.
2013 - 2015
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Always communicated exactly where we were in process. Always optimistic of positive result.
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Kind. Trustworthy. Realistic while always staying hopeful of positive result.
You need to stay on top of the office, but Dr Jacobs will always spend the time making sure you are comfortable.
Started with IUI. Then several rounds of retrieved eggs/embryos. Then donor eggs/embryos created successful pregnancy.

2012
Great location and facility [Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] is high end and professional... [The nurses were] Always organized and polite. Answered any questions... Dr Jacobs was a great match for us. I liked his calm demeanor and how he explained everything. I felt very positive about his approach to our case. He even came to visit our son in the nicu after he was born.
2012
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Great location and facility is high end and professional
Dr Jacobs always took the time to explain things throughly. Answered all our questions and was very upfront and honest
Always organized and polite. Answered any questions
How was your experience with Michael Jacobs at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Ask lots of questions and even take notes during any appointments
We did a round of clomid along with progesterone suppositories and an Ovidril booster shot
A lot of our fees were covered by insurance. Out of pocket was minor

2004 - 2010
The nursing staff [Fertility and IVF Center of Miami] was exemplary, showing compassion an making sure I understood the instructions given to me. I believe [costs were] about $1500 for a CC cycle, DS was separate....Dr. Akerman was quite compassionate and gave me a few recommendations for treatment and after thinking over everything I proceeded with one of them.
2004 - 2010
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Centrally located so easy to get to and very clean.
He was very caring and took the time to explain everything to me.
The nursing staff was exemplary, showing compassion an making sure I understood the instructions given to me.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Fernando Akerman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Be patient with yourself and don't be afraid to ask your doctor anything.
Describe the protocols Fernando Akerman used in your cycles at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami and their degree of success.
I had a fibroid that my gyn thought needed to be taken out but Dr. Akerman thought we could at least try and proceed with CC/DI to see if I could get pregnant without a risky surgery first.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Fernando Akerman at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
I believe it was about $1500 for a CC cycle, DS was separate.

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Nursing staff [at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] was great she [Dr. Selub] has a nurse named Debbie who does everything!! She’s great...The office strengths are great communication and efficient staff. The doctor runs on time and she has great bedside manner. The office weaknesses are not having in house lab of imaging. I wish they had in house financing...Lab tests were ordered for me as well as an HSG. I was given letrozole and was told to do timed intercourse.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Minna Selub at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
We sat in her office and she explained everything in detail re: my treatment. With all results she would get right back with me and have her nurse text me. She was straight forward about everything. She did push donating my eggs. I am currently on the list since I can’t afford IVF she said the money I get from the donation can help.
Nursing staff was great she has a nurse named Debbie who does everything!! She’s great.
How was your experience with Minna Selub at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
My experience was a pleasant one although it was not successful. She took the time out to speak to me and text me with results and find underlying issues. I was discouraged a few times but she gave me hope. Every question I had she answered she wasn’t judgmental at all. I felt very comfortable.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Minna Selub at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Always be an advocate for yourself. Know your medical history. Be ready to be asked to donate your eggs.
Describe the protocols Minna Selub used in your cycles at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Minna Selub at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
I had to pay a copay for my office visit and the copay was high for my blood work because of the type of testing.
Minna Selub
Miramar

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Minna Selub at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.

They [Fertility & IVF Ctr of Miami] are good to make money bad in communication and organization. They don’t show humanity and are careless. If you call them would go straight to voicemail. They are clean but the equipment is not updated when we had the first IUI the light wasn’t working I was given light to the nurse trough my phone when se could not fin the cervical neck I went out and complained they fixed it by bring it a lamp light. On the procedure they made me a damaged on my uterus that it’s visible on ultrasound.
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
They are good to make money bad in communication and organization. They don’t show humanity and are careless. If you call them would go straight to voicemail. They are clean but the equipment is not updated when we had the first IUI the light wasn’t working I was given light to the nurse trough my phone when se could not fin the cervical neck I went out and complained they fixed it by bring it a lamp light. On the procedure they made me a damaged on my uterus that it’s visible on ultrasound.
Every one there just treated us like a number we didn’t matter because we were not in ivf
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami. (Assigned nurse: Helena)
Helena was the best that we have there
What specific things went wrong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
We only saw him one all the work was done by the nurse, we asked to see him again but the denial the request every single time! We tough that he was different to others doctors for being Latino but we were wrong
Just do ivf because they don’t care IUI patients
We used Clomid 50mg 2 per day/ 5 days. Ovidreal and after 1 day or two the nurses made the IUI after 15 min we just could do everything we want
each cycle of iui cost us like 1300$ with out the medication

2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Paperwork transfer [at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] was not as easy...27,000 for two frozen embryo tries including egg retrieval...Great clinic, doctors are great. Wish fees were not so high. It's a long process so make sure you have social and emotional support along the way from friends, family, therapist, and acupuncturist. If you have a question, ask. They are great at explaining and learning from failures...She [nurse] did a great job with appointments and following up with questions.
2017 - 2019
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
An amazing doctor- kind, rigorous, and attentive. Great hopes for the future!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami. (Assigned nurse: Theresa)
She did a great job with appointments and following up with questions.
How was your experience with Farah Chuong at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
Thorough and willing to change protocol, great attention to detail. Prices are a bit high. She always responds to emails, is helpful with questions, and guides us through next steps. She keeps up with the latest research and consults with the other doctors regularly.
Suggest a good therapist to help them along this journey.
I tried Chlomid, didn't work.
27,000 for two frozen embryo tries including egg retrieval
Single is better, positive chemical pregnancy rather than double and none.
Miami

I have no complaints [of Fertility & IVF Center of Miami], just one time incident with the clinical coordinators that didn't schedule me right at the time ,and i had to wait, but mistakes happen, we are humans, i am not going to evaluate them wrong for one time incident... Vwry well known, organized and very nice nurses... Started with contraceptive pills, then We used menopur and gonal f. 150 ui in the morning and 150 in the afternoon. And pregnil as antagonist.
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
I have no complaints, just one time incident with the clinical coordinators that didn't schedule me right at the time ,and i had to wait, but mistakes happen, we are humans, i am not going to evaluate them wrong for one time incident
He is very warm and listening, very explicated, he answered all my questions, very nice doctor and human, very professional, he is a good doctor.
Vwry well known, organized and very nice nurses
I love him as a doctor, i will recommend him 100 percent, he had a smile all the time, very warm and always answered all my questions, always willing to help and work with my schedule, very professional and great human.
Trust the process, he knows what he is doing.
Describe Fernando Akerman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
We haven't get to that point
Miami

Long wait times! Can be waiting up to 2 hours so do not plan to be at work quickly. Best times to go is super early or last. ... The staff [Fertility & IVF Center of Miami] is amazing ... Iui cycles ranged from $2500/$3500 each. ... Ask lots of questions in initial visit to understand the process. ... [The nursing staff] Always happy to see you and care about you. ...
Describe your experience with Fertility & IVF Center of Miami.
Long wait times! Can be waiting up to 2 hours so do not plan to be at work quickly. Best times to go is super early or last. Ask lots of questions in initial visit to understand the process. The staff is amazing
She always took the time to explain everything and at no point did she seem as though it was not going to happen.
Always happy to see you and care about you.
How was your experience with Joelle Taylor at Fertility & IVF Center of Miami?
She was so human! Made me calm in a situation where anxiety is constantly there. Always had a plan of action to keep us on track. She was amazing and continues to reach out to see how we are doing. She was consistently involved and always took extra time to answer questions.
She will make you feel like you’ve known her for years.
Iui cycles ranged from $2500/$3500 each.