Fertility Partnership

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
5401 Veterans Mem. Pkwy.
Saint Peters, MO 63376
636.441.7770
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Partnership to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 6Neutral: 3Don't recommend: 18.2
1 doctor
Be prepared for an non-traditional clinic experience [at Fertility Partnership] from his personality to the manner in which questions are asked. His patients are often overbooked, so wait time was up to 3 hours for some appointments...They're very busy, but they seem to know what they're doing...Super busy. Plan to wait. Try to not have your first appointments on Mondays...
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
Super busy. Plan to wait. Try to not have your first appointments on Mondays.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
He was very set on facts. Your weight is this. You have this condition. You need to be treated for this to get that outcome. But he was also very adamant he understand your personality. If he ever got a "she's crazy" vibe, he would continue discussions until he felt either he knew you better or would refer you to a different Doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Partnership.
They're very busy, but they seem to know what they're doing.
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
He is rough with the ultrasound probe. He is very candid. He is very crass. He is obviously knowledgeable, but he comes off more casual to make you more comfortable. Some people would be bothered by the profanity, but I'm not one. He edged the line of innapropriate but never crossed it. I felt very comfortable in his care. He went above and beyond to ensure my cycle needs were met (including performing an IUI on a holiday, because that's where my cycle fell).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Be prepared for an non-traditional clinic experience from his personality to the manner in which questions are asked. His patients are often overbooked, so wait time was up to 3 hours for some appointments.
Describe the protocols David Simckes used in your cycles at Fertility Partnership and their degree of success.
He insisted on metformin, 1000 mg 2x per day, but not the extended release. I did 1 round of clomid. 2 rounds of clomid mixed with bravelle. I ended up on an antagonistic IVF cycle, to better compliment my PCOS. He was adamant about progesterone gel after IUI and PIO Injections with transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Simckes at Fertility Partnership.
The billing moved from in house to 3rd party mid cycle. I had to battle that transition. In house had a lot of issues clearly conveying cost. 3rd party was a medical billing company.
2013 - 2014
Overall staff is great [at Fertility Partnership]...Very personable staff, clean and inviting environment. Friendly and knowledgeable doctor and staff. It is clear they care about the patients. Recently heard they expanded. Keep costs down and most importantly take the time to talk and educate their patients. Even if I had t had success I would be giving great reviews as I felt like a human here instead of a number.
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
Very hands on and personable. He acknowledged the fact that I had done a lot of research. Was upfront with statistics but didn’t refuse treatment. He has a quirky personality so if you are easily offended you might feel offended. But he is brilliant and so kind.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Partnership. (Assigned nurse: Shawnee Hurt)
Overall staff is great. My coordinator was also very hands on and gave suggestions that resulted in succe. She had a bit of an attitude but her suggestions got results. She is no longer at this clinic but is working elsewhere as a fertility coordinator.
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Wonderful experience with this doctor. He isn’t afraid to think outside of the box and this is the reason I have my miracle baby. Money wasn’t an issue but he keeps costs down as well. Comfortable environment.
If you are looking for a brilliant doctor who is totally hands on and will get results but has a colorful personality and obviously loves his job then Dr. Simckes is for you.
I can’t rember the exact protocol but I know that between my first and second cycles it was tweaked slightly. I also had surgery between the two protocols. Dr. Simckes really studied my history and my specific case to make decisions for my treatment. I had a chemical pregnancy on my first cycle with him and had a healthy Singleton birth with the second cycle. Unfortunately I never had anything to freeze.
Lowest cost in our area but that did not factor into our reason for there.
Describe David Simckes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Partnership.
I always transferred multiple embryos due to my advanced maternal age and the fact that my egg quality was low.
Saint Peters
I was able to email or telephone or text my coordinator [at Fertility Partnership]. I had responses in real time...We initially chose to go to this clinic because of a personal recommendation of a friend who was successful but also because of their stated goal to reduce costs. Our entire bill for IVF including medications was under $13,000
European, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
Fertility Partnership's clinic is a long a major highway in St. Peter's. There is easy access. It is not in a big building and so access is phenomenal. It is clean and modern looking.
He took his time with us, he used humor to calm us down He asked questions about who we were and we felt like he actually cared.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Partnership. (Assigned nurse: Tami)
I was able to email or telephone or text my coordinator. I had responses in real time.
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
The doctor made us feel very cared for. He explained thoroughly and we felt that his knowledge base was excellent. The worst thing I can say is that he had a tendency to run late but by the time he was done with us We always felt it was worth the wait
Fertility Partnership is the place to go if you want to be treated with compassion and expertise. You might have to be a bit forgiving about lateness but that's not every visit
After failed iuis The doctor recommended IVF as the next course of action. My wife got birth-control pills, gave her and self injections for approximately 10 days and then she underwent the retrieval of the eggs I remember she used two kinds of stimulating drugs, one in the morning and one in the evening. And she got an injection to "ripen" the eggs for retrieval. Not all the eggs were mature but we still managed to get seven good embryos and have five frozen remaining.
2012 - 2013
[Fertility Partnership's] Weaknesses: There is only one doctor at this clinic so he has no one on site to really discuss treatment with and get any other opinions. So many people go here and they are never one time. Strengths: it is the cheapest option in the St. Louis region....IUI's were covered under insurance. I believe the IVF was $9k, meds were about $3-4k. A FET was $3k.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
I think by the end of our care there, he knew our story, but then again there are so many people that go there at the beginning he couldn't remember anything about us and we would have to refresh his memory.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Partnership. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
The staff seemed to care about my situation, although the nurse did get attitude with me a few times.
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Dr. Simckes is very personable, but he also has poor bedside manner. Crude jokes, etc. Just depends on if you can handle it all. He was also never on time. Like we were the first patient of the day and he was 30 minutes late one time. I also didn't like his answers to my issues (cancelled transfers). The first time he just said to take a few month break before we try again. The next time he told me to go ask a sister to be my gestational carrier (like it would be that easy).
Be prepared to wait....he will never be on time. Also, be wary of his humor and jokes.
After the three IUI's didn't work (did natural, and two with meds), we moved on to IVF. His clinic was a batch clinic - so they would do all their IVF retrievals/transfers during one week of the month. So depending on when your cycle is, you will have to be on X amount of BCP's so that you line up with the timetable. For the IVF, we did follistim, menopur and ganirelix with an ovidrel shot. I got OHSS (retrieved 35 eggs) so no fresh transfer. We had issues getting my lining thick enough for a FET so it was cancelled 3 times. Finally did one transfer and it did not work. In the end, he told me that he didn't know what to do to grow my lining and to consider a gestational carrier. I didn't feel like he did any research or reached out to anyone for help.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Partnership.
It was a cattlecall - started at a certain time and you had to get their first if you didn't want to be waiting for a long time.
Saint Peters
Strengths I would is the friendly and approachable manner in which they [Fertility Partnership] interact with there patients weaknesses I would say is tring to schedule appointments around there busy schedule as well as your own schedule... [Nursing Staff] They were always very helpful and kind in trying to figure out appointments and procedures that would work around your schedule... Everyone has been very kind and seems very invested in our family
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
Strengths I would is the friendly and approachable manner in which they interact with there patients weaknesses I would say is tring to schedule appointments around there busy schedule as well as your own schedule
Everyone has been very kind and seems very invested in our family
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
I thought that he was very very comfortable to talk to and be open with about our situation and he made us feel at ease. He very perfessional yet not stuffy and explain things in terms which we could understand. He never made us feel like there was something wrong with us, which is my struggle personally I felt like I was damaged in some way, but he was very reassuring that all of our concerns were very common and normal for couples dealing with infertility. When he could tell I was getting alittle upset taking about the issue he always tried to lighten the situation with laughter or resurance that it was ok to feel this way.
Be prepared to laugh and feel comfortable about speaking very candid with him. He loves to talk and get to know your personal story so don't hold back.
Do not really know yet still in the process of everything
2010 - 2015
As patients the staff [at Fertility Partnership] were very kind & knew us individually every time we went in. Our main nurse as well as Dr. Simckes were warm & outgoing... There were also a few times where we were told about our protocol but because no one had sat down to discuss the details of our upcoming cycle together, we were getting conflicting information.
2010 - 2015
Dr. Simckes was the first doctor we seen who wasn't all about making money. He was making a living of course but he was offering lower cost treatments. We had lost hope by the time we heard of him but after speaking with him just over the phone we started seeing possibilities again. We knew we had to try once more using him as our doctor. As patients the staff were very kind & knew us individually every time we went in. Our main nurse as well as Dr. Simckes were warm & outgoing. They were people we could see ourselves getting together with outside of the office; people we could have as personal friends.
They were laid back & very involved
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Towards us, Dr Simckes was always positive & upbeat. He definitely likes to chat with you, tell jokes, & even sing on occasion! He keeps it interesting & fun. He always told us when we should be concerned or if there was no reason to be. And for our case, each time he was completely spot on. I will say since he spends so much time with each patient there were plenty of appointments we waited long periods of time. As a waiting patient it's definitely an inconvience but once it's your turn you appreciate the time he's taking with you.
You know your body so don't be afraid to ask questions regarding it. With any case gather your own medical information beforehand & discuss alternative treatments/procedures. You are your own advocate.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The first day I arrived the front desk staff [at Fertility Partnership] mixed up my file with someone else’s. All of our medical records were mixed together & I had to tell them that they had the wrong file. I think that was my most unimpressed moment with this clinic...they [nurses] have a lot on their plate but they always make sure I have what I need...My husband has still yet to take a SA analysis at this clinic. He has done them in the past but never here. We were supposed to do one the first visit but the text was never ordered
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
The first day I arrived the front desk staff mixed up my file with someone else’s. All of our medical records were mixed together & I had to tell them that they had the wrong file. I think that was my most unimpressed moment with this clinic.
From my first appointment on I have been in constant contact with Dr. Simckes and his staff. My first appointment Dr. Simckes spent a good 2 hours answering all of my questions. He made sure I was comfortable during all of my tests and even made jokes to ease the awakwardness. He listened to what I was concerned about and taking action on my thoughts. I’m not following a basic protocol and I feel like my treatment is tailored to me.
Great, they have a lot on their plate but they always make sure I have what I need
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
I do believe that Dr. Simckes is a great doctor. I think they may have a few too many patients and he definitely has 1000 things on his mind at once. I have always felt welcomed and not like a hassle
Just be patient. Everything will happen in time.
I am still undergoing my first treatment
My cost with out meds is roughly $7,950
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Clean , professional , caring personnel [Fertility Partnership] , amazing experienced doctor, competitive rates if you compare it to other doctors ( much cheaper)... 7000 $ for ivf and around 5000$ for medications and around 3,700$ for genetic testing for embryos... [nurse] Very caring , always there, answering text messaging anytime, loves her work... Very caring personal approach from Dr Siemkens and the nurses working with him
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
Clean , professional , caring personnel , amazing experienced doctor, competitive rates if you compare it to other doctors ( much cheaper) The only disadvantage for me , far away from my home , long drive , as I live in St. Louis ( central west end)
Very caring personal approach from Dr Siemkens and the nurses working with him , answering any questions any time , felt very comfortable, I recommend him as a Fertilily doctor
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Partnership. (Assigned nurse: Denise)
Very caring , always there, answering text messaging anytime, loves her work
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Very proffesional , up to date , excellent experience and knowledge, always gives recommendations and what to expect , very busy doctor , he has excellent sense of humor and makes you smile with his jokes
Prepare your questions before the visit , he is very busy and has a lot of patients waiting in the lounge
Ivf , the list of ivf medications, regular ultrasounds and blood test monitoring, egg retrieval, embryo transfer , discussion after failure what could gone wrong what could be included or added next time
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Clinic [Fertility Partnership] strength is for over 40 patients. Also the price is very reasonable (pretty much all included such as blood test, ultrasound). Weakness is he is taking too much patients and very busy, too clumsy but he always listens to you though. You gotta wait for an hour or so to meet him after your appointment but that is because he takes a lot of time with you.... [Nurse] She is always beyond my expectation and explained everything, great bridge btw me and Dr when he was during procedures so I could not talk to him at that moment. She makes sure he called me back too.
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
Clinic strength is for over 40 patients. Also the price is very reasonable (pretty much all included such as blood test, ultrasound). Weakness is he is taking too much patients and very busy, too clumsy but he always listens to you though. You gotta wait for an hour or so to meet him after your appointment but that is because he takes a lot of time with you.
He gave us his phone and we could text him any time anything. He also tried to understand our background including family hisotry, race etc (We are Asian- Hispanic couple).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Partnership. (Assigned nurse: Denise Graham)
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
He is amazing Dr but he tends to be clumsy. His nurse is absolutely the best. Two of them made a perfect team. He listens to all of my concerns, did all tests. But I always fear he might forget something...
You need to organize because he is very clumsy.
He checks ultrasound every day to check how much I need injections etc. ALso he checked the cause of infertility based on my race and family history as well.
$12000
Two at the same time
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The clinic [Fertility Partnership] is a small clinic as compared to the other ones we went to. Perfect place for us after the Cattle Call of the University or the Business atmosphere of the other place. After a short time everyone knew our name....[nurse] denise was a good compliment to Dr Simckes, quiet and soft spoken. She is also very caring completely serious at all times....[Cost Of Treatment] $9700...He personally called us. We had his cell phone number for texting only.
3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Endometriosis, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
The clinic is a small clinic as compared to the other ones we went to. Perfect place for us after the Cattle Call of the University or the Business atmosphere of the other place. After a short time everyone knew our name.
he always made an effort to connect with us, usually in a humorous way. He personally called us. We had his cell phone number for texting only.
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Dr Simckes is clearly a brilliant doctor. he goes out of his way to explain things and present options. He has a quirky sense of humor which I found endearing but others may not. I believe he employs that humor like a tool to put you at ease.
Be prepared to laugh even though you are stressed out of your gourd.
He used a combined protocol of Follistim and menopur. he added Ganirelix later when the follicles were bigger.
$9700