6.8

5401 Veterans Mem. Pkwy.
Saint Peters, MO 63376
636.441.7770

2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Simckes appeared to be nice and caring but was very crass at times. He would make inappropriate jokes and talk about inappropriate content. At times his comments borderline racially insensitive. I don’t think he did it intentionally but has no sensor. He often forgot what we would talk about and would tell me half the information... He is not very thorough and would often rush. If you ask him a question l, he would answer...He encouraged transferring two embryos at a time which was fine with us since we wanted two children.
The price was really affordable but you get what you pay for [at Fertility Partnership]. They are extremely busy so the appointments are rushed. It took 2 months to schedule a cycle review which is extremely disappointing when you get a negative test result...The nursing staff was really nice and compassionate. Especially the nurse for retrieval’s and transfers. She was very caring and comforting. Trish was very kind and compassionate as well but could tell she would get overwhelmed and busy.
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Dr. Simckes appeared to be nice and caring but was very crass at times. He would make inappropriate jokes and talk about inappropriate content. At times his comments borderline racially insensitive. I don’t think he did it intentionally but has no sensor. He often forgot what we would talk about and would tell me half the information. He often asked me why he didn’t do certain things.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Ask a lot of questions. He is not very thorough and would often rush. If you ask him a question l, he would answer.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Dr. Simckes was very rushed and would often forget details of my situation. He always had to refresh who I was.
Describe the protocols David Simckes used in your cycles at Fertility Partnership and their degree of success.
I was prescribed menopause, follistim, and Gonal-F. I was double triggered with Lupron. Post transfer I had to inject Heparin twice a day and POI Once a day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Partnership. (Assigned nurse: Trish)
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
The price was really affordable but you get what you pay for. They are extremely busy so the appointments are rushed. It took 2 months to schedule a cycle review which is extremely disappointing when you get a negative test result. They actually make you wait to talk about it even though at the initial consultation he stated he would sit with me for a hour to go over the cycle review if needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Simckes at Fertility Partnership.
Both of my IVF cycle was approximately $9000 and about $3000 for medicine. The FET was $5000.
Describe David Simckes's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Partnership.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Partnership.
At times I was told a medicine was called in and the pharmacy said no. My FET was cancelled but still billed half the cost and couldn’t be provided an itemized bill of why.
Saint Peters

Dr Simckes is extremely knowledgeable and he really cares about his patients. His communication style is abrasive and he seems very rushed in all of our appointments. His bedside manner was no for me.... Prior to egg retrieval, he prescribed prenatal, Vit D, CoQ10, and folguard. For retrieval, I stimmed with menopur and follistim. For transfer, my protocol was PIO, estrogen, heparin, and prednisone.
The primary nurse [at Fertility Partnership] for retrieval and fresh transfer is very organized and reliable. The nurse for FET’s is inexperienced, not knowledgeable, and disorganized.... Strengths—very personal touch with Dr seeing you at every appointment and doing all monitoring. Dr Simckes really does care about his patients and is willing to take suggestions on treatment from them. Weaknesses—long waits, Dr is always late or running behind. Financial advisor is a mess.
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Be sure that you come to appointments prepared with your questions and take lots of notes. He can rush through appts and give half-hearted answers sometimes, so you have to slow him down and focus him at times.
Dr Simckes personally performs all ultrasounds, follow-ups, etc, so you are in constant contact with him throughout the process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Partnership. (Assigned nurse: Denise)
The primary nurse for retrieval and fresh transfer is very organized and reliable. The nurse for FET’s is inexperienced, not knowledgeable, and disorganized.
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
For egg retrieval and FET with PGS testing, as well as meds, we paid approximately $15k out of pocket.
Dr Simckes does not promote PGS testing and he does advise multiple embryo transfer.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Partnership.
We had a situation where I had a D&C scheduled with Dr Simckes at an outside surgery center. This was to collect tissue from a miscarriage. The morning of the procedure, we waited for over an hour past scheduled surgery time for Dr. to show up. The surgery center finally called him and he was not even aware I was at the center and scheduled for the procedure. His staff did not inform him or he forgot. Either way, it resulted in me waiting for over an hour past scheduled surgery time and a rushed procedure that resulted in the tissue being cross-contaminated so we were unable to get genetic testing results.
Saint Peters

Dr simkes gave us the 1 on 1 we were looking for, but implanted so much hope into us, but as soon as the results kept turning negative he payed less and less attention to us . Which was really hurtful...I have 3 cycles and they all were done the same way. I feel as if before implanting the last two embryos I had he should of done some extensive blood test to see why I keep getting chemical pregnancy. He believed that i can get pregnant and that there was nothing seriously wrong with me other than PCOS so he kept implanting my embryos until I had no more left. And after my last failed cycle he had no answer to why it didn’t occur into a baby. I was just left high and dry and to deal with depression and anxiety on my own. He didn’t even warn me about the side effects of getting off the medicine .. the worst ever.
Strength is that they are very friendly [at Fertility Partnership] , weakness is that they get too much clients that he [Dr. Simckes] forgets who is who...I wasn’t given a reason to my failed cycles . I also got my charts messed up and I was told I had no more frozen embryos when in fact I had 2 more left. I don’t blame them they had a lot of patients but my charts were wrong...I just wish he did more blood test to see if I have any other defects that are causing the embryos not to stick. Other than that nothing else
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Okay I liked dr simkes as a person. Very funny guy, very warm and friendly , but I didn’t think he did everything he can to help me get a baby .. I have 3 cycles and they all were done the same way. I feel as if before implanting the last two embryos I had he should of done some extensive blood test to see why I keep getting chemical pregnancy. He believed that i can get pregnant and that there was nothing seriously wrong with me other than PCOS so he kept implanting my embryos until I had no more left. And after my last failed cycle he had no answer to why it didn’t occur into a baby. I was just left high and dry and to deal with depression and anxiety on my own. He didn’t even warn me about the side effects of getting off the medicine .. the worst ever.
I would tell patients to do as much research you possibly can before getting into your cycles so that way you know if the doctor is guiding you to the right path or just trying to implant the embryos and say he did his job. After two failed attempts I know theirs more work that had to be done before another implantation and that wasn’t done for me. Look at the reviews as well before going into the office
Dr simkes gave me medicine to get the egg count up. Then he took the eggs out, because he didn’t want to get into hyperstimulation he had me wait 5 days then we implanted the embryos, then after that failed 3 months later , he altered my period to follow everyone else cycle so that way he can implant my embryo with eveyone else , that also failed. Then before the third cycle he did a dye test to see if my tubes were blocked And also did a D&C to clear me out, implanted again and failed, with no phone call saying sorry or no phone explaining what’s next and how to deal with the depression and anxiety that will happen after we stop the medicine. No warning what so ever
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Partnership.
Very friendly staff and always smiling , and always return your calls
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
Strength is that they are very friendly , weakness is that they get too much clients that he forgets who is who. Make sure to get straight to business and be serious not always joking.. make sure you ask a lot of questions as well
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Partnership.
I didn’t mind the monitoring they were very fast and simple . They were looking so specific things like eggs and cyst.
I had insurance for 2 rounds so ended paying 2000 out of pocket . Last cycle was 8000 due to no insurance and the blood test were 1600
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Partnership.
I was never informed of the effect my body got after I wasn’t on the medicine anymore. I wasn’t told that I would have anxiety and depression after I stop taking my medicine. I wasn’t given a reason to my failed cycles . I also got my charts messed up and I was told I had no more frozen embryos when in fact I had 2 more left. I don’t blame them they had a lot of patients but my charts were wrong
Saint Peters

Dr simkes was a very pleasant DR. ... I had a deep issue but with husband morphology but he never took care of that instead he insisted on continuous transfers and all were unsuccessful leaving me with no more money and no more eggs ... He was very respectful to our culture. But I feel DR simkes didn’t do his part in finding the reason why my embryo wouldn’t turn into a baby and left me with unexplained infertility.
they [Fertility Partnership] made mistake with the charts that claimed I had done 3 transfers and I had no more embryos but infact I had 2 more left. It gave me an uneasy feeling but I went through with it anyways ... I don’t like that fact that they bring the new born and the whole camera crew to take pictures in the awaiting area with women who are trying or had failed cycles and also want a baby.
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Dr simkes was a friendly DR. He was kind and always had a smile on his face. He was very respectful to our culture. But I feel DR simkes didn’t do his part in finding the reason why my embryo wouldn’t turn into a baby and left me with unexplained infertility. He knew my husband had low morphology but he didn’t do anything about it. He just expected everything to work according to plan since all I had was PCOS. I feel like I wasted a lot of time and money and heartbreak to get no answers in return.
After all failed attempts, please ask for more answers. Dr simkes left me after my last failed cycle . No phone call, no follow up to deal with the depression on my own. Just know that you have to get answers and help after failed cycles
Dr simkes was a very pleasant DR. And he gave us our undivided attention, but he treated every case the same in my opinion. I had a deep issue but with husband morphology but he never took care of that instead he insisted on continuous transfers and all were unsuccessful leaving me with no more money and no more eggs
Dr simckes used medication so that way my eggs would multiply . After that he put me to sleep and retrieved my eggs. He had my husband give samples in a cup then with each egg he added a sperm. After 5 days, 6 out of the 22 made it. He then inserted 2 fresh embryo’s and sent me home and to come back after 2 weeks. Within the two weeks I had to injection myself with medication to help with the embryo. After 2 weeks I went back and the levels were too low so they said it was a chemical pregnancy. I then waited a few months and we inserted the two frozen embryos. That also led to chemical pregnancy. Before the last cycle . He did a DNC and Enzo scratch food everything normal then put the last 2 embryos which also led to chemical pregnancy. After the third cycle I haven’t heard from him again
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Partnership.
The nursing staff was very friendly always smiling and always responded to emails promptly
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
I love how they have the children’s photos up and success stories. It’s very motivating but I don’t like that fact that they bring the new born and the whole camera crew to take pictures in the awaiting area with women who are trying or had failed cycles and also want a baby. I feel as if they need to be considerate to who is sitting out there.
Dr simckes round were covered with my work Insurance until my final cycle where they decided to change the code for storage of the embryos so that way I would have to pay out of pocket. They found a way to cheat the system and they did it. The diagnosis code was changed for my final cycle so led me to pay out of pocket
I would always go for multiple because you maybe never know which one makes it and which one doesn’t . But doing single transfers at a time will help buy more time to figure out what the problem is.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Partnership.
With my last transfer, DR simckes told me that I had no more embryos to transfer, but I knew for sure that I had two more. So he went to the charts and it says 6 retrieved but no more transfers left. He made a few phone calls and it turns out that they made mistake with the charts that claimed I had done 3 transfers and I had no more embryos but infact I had 2 more left. It gave me an uneasy feeling but I went through with it anyways

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. David Simckes] was also never on time. Like we were the first patient of the day and he was 30 minutes late one time. I also didn't like his answers to my issues (cancelled transfers). The first time he just said to take a few month break before we try again. The next time he told me to go ask a sister to be my gestational carrier (like it would be that easy).
[Fertility Partnership's] Weaknesses: There is only one doctor at this clinic so he has no one on site to really discuss treatment with and get any other opinions. So many people go here and they are never one time. Strengths: it is the cheapest option in the St. Louis region....IUI's were covered under insurance. I believe the IVF was $9k, meds were about $3-4k. A FET was $3k.
How was your experience with David Simckes at Fertility Partnership?
Dr. Simckes is very personable, but he also has poor bedside manner. Crude jokes, etc. Just depends on if you can handle it all. He was also never on time. Like we were the first patient of the day and he was 30 minutes late one time. I also didn't like his answers to my issues (cancelled transfers). The first time he just said to take a few month break before we try again. The next time he told me to go ask a sister to be my gestational carrier (like it would be that easy).
Be prepared to wait....he will never be on time. Also, be wary of his humor and jokes.
I think by the end of our care there, he knew our story, but then again there are so many people that go there at the beginning he couldn't remember anything about us and we would have to refresh his memory.
After the three IUI's didn't work (did natural, and two with meds), we moved on to IVF. His clinic was a batch clinic - so they would do all their IVF retrievals/transfers during one week of the month. So depending on when your cycle is, you will have to be on X amount of BCP's so that you line up with the timetable. For the IVF, we did follistim, menopur and ganirelix with an ovidrel shot. I got OHSS (retrieved 35 eggs) so no fresh transfer. We had issues getting my lining thick enough for a FET so it was cancelled 3 times. Finally did one transfer and it did not work. In the end, he told me that he didn't know what to do to grow my lining and to consider a gestational carrier. I didn't feel like he did any research or reached out to anyone for help.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Partnership. (Assigned nurse: Shawnie)
The staff seemed to care about my situation, although the nurse did get attitude with me a few times.
Describe your experience with Fertility Partnership.
It was a cattlecall - started at a certain time and you had to get their first if you didn't want to be waiting for a long time.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Partnership.
Trying to transfer our embryos out of this clinic was tough. I understand all the paperwork that has to be done, but it got lost once and then there is no embryologist on staff, so they had to wait until one of their batch cycles (where they fly someone in town) so that they could coordinate.